IRC log for #koha, 2020-01-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 inlibro joined #koha
00:47 kathryn joined #koha
00:59 khall joined #koha
01:05 inlibro joined #koha
02:05 inlibro joined #koha
02:39 talljoy joined #koha
03:05 inlibro joined #koha
03:56 khall joined #koha
04:05 inlibro joined #koha
04:15 hayleymapley_ joined #koha
04:44 saa joined #koha
04:44 saa while creating purchase order for a serial and while adding serial in basket koha throws error as Control fields (generally, just tags below 010) do not have subfields, use data() at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi​-bin/acqui/ line 293.
04:45 saa how to sort out this error
05:05 inlibro joined #koha
05:06 khall joined #koha
05:16 talljoy joined #koha
05:37 nlegrand joined #koha
05:48 khall joined #koha
06:05 inlibro joined #koha
06:33 kpkkprasanth joined #koha
06:35 kpkkprasanth hi all i use  Delete records in Koha[…]ords-in-koha.html all the commands now am unable to login in koha staff client please help
06:39 cait joined #koha
06:42 talljoy joined #koha
06:44 gmcharlt_ joined #koha
06:53 logbot joined #koha
06:53 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
07:06 inlibro joined #koha
07:07 deb-CSPL joined #koha
07:07 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
07:10 * magnuse waves
07:13 * cait waves
07:13 mustho joined #koha
07:14 mustho hello
07:19 did joined #koha
07:19 fridolin joined #koha
07:20 mustho left #koha
07:34 sophie_m joined #koha
07:37 reiveune joined #koha
07:38 reiveune hello
07:57 did joined #koha
07:58 talljoy joined #koha
08:02 did left #koha
08:02 talljoy joined #koha
08:03 alex_a joined #koha
08:04 alex_a Bonjour
08:04 wahanui hey, alex_a
08:05 ashimema morgen
08:06 inlibro joined #koha
08:08 kohaputti joined #koha
08:10 cait joined #koha
08:13 davidnind joined #koha
08:17 andreashm joined #koha
08:32 davidnind kpkkprasanth: I hope you have a database backup, I think you've just deleted all the records in your database :-( - "empty bibliographic, patron and transaction details from Koha database and clean the installation to start the process again"
08:38 fridolin1 joined #koha
09:05 ashimema you don't happen to know of any docs team people keen to go to hackfest do you davidnind?
09:05 ashimema I'm selling it to lucyvh
09:06 davidnind I was just going to say lucyvh is in Eurpose, it would be great if she could...
09:06 inlibro joined #koha
09:07 davidnind not sure where Eurpose came from - meant Europe of course!
09:11 ashimema hehe
09:12 davidnind There is also Holly Cooper
09:12 cait holly is in eurpose
09:12 cait ;)
09:12 * cait waves at davidnind
09:12 davidnind hehe
09:12 davidnind hi cait!
09:12 cait time to make some tea to wake up brb
09:23 cait back :)
09:24 andreashm joined #koha
09:27 davidnind I'm living dangerously this evening - failed qa on a bug for oleonard! :-D
09:30 ashimema ooh.. good call.. she's Interleaf
09:30 ashimema I have sway there too
09:31 davidnind excellent!
09:31 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
09:32 cait woul be lovely to have holly
09:37 greenjimll joined #koha
09:41 * ashimema pokes interleaf
09:42 interleaf ouch, not in the eye!
09:42 * cait pokes in the arm
09:42 ashimema hehe
09:42 ashimema lo
09:43 davidnind have a great Koha 'day' everyone!
09:43 davidnind left #koha
09:44 ashimema nighty nigh davidnind
10:03 liliputech_asu joined #koha
10:03 * andreashm waves
10:03 vfernandes joined #koha
10:03 liliputech_asu hi koha :) (been a long time, ahem... still time to wish everybody a happy new year I guesse =)
10:04 liliputech_asu tuxayo[m]1: tuxayo[m]: u around? any update on BZ21507? =)
10:06 inlibro joined #koha
10:17 Joubu GBSD?
10:18 ashimema I failed to announce it..
10:18 Joubu Did not we schedule one end of 2019 for last Friday?
10:18 ashimema we did..
10:18 Joubu reschedule during next meeting?
10:19 ashimema yeah..
10:19 Joubu added to the next dev meeting agenda
10:20 cait we will have another go....
10:20 cait we need one, queues are bursting
10:23 ashimema thanks Joubu
10:23 ashimema sorry for failing on that front
10:51 cait bbl :)
10:52 kohaputti Joubu, would you be able to rebase the bug 18936?
10:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18936 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Convert issuingrules fields to circulation_rules
10:52 Joubu I did yesterday
10:53 kohaputti there is a merge conflict today
10:53 Joubu indeed, will take a look
10:54 kohaputti Joubu, your commits are from Nov 26 so maybe you forgot to push the rebased version?
10:54 kohaputti this is what I'm using:
10:54 kohaputti is that correct?
10:55 Joubu yes it is. I fixed a bug, but did not rebase it!
10:55 Joubu (I bugfix 15522 actually)
10:56 ashimema bug 15522
10:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15522 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , New interface for revamped circulation rules
10:58 ashimema erm
10:58 khall joined #koha
10:59 * ashimema digs into currencyformat
11:00 ashimema am I right in thinking that CurrencyFormat is basically hard coded to 2 decimal places at all time... it's more about whether it shows a dot or a comma?
11:01 liliputech_asu ashimema: speaking about CurrencyFormat... BZ21507 probably need some attention...
11:01 ashimema mmm
11:01 ashimema that one keeps rearing it's head
11:02 liliputech_asu is has been tuxayo taking care of that one but he's gone from biblibre and i've been taking over the tickets related to this problem, i should probably re-assign the ticket to me...
11:03 ashimema that one has been contentious right from day 1
11:03 ashimema annoying
11:03 ashimema mind you.. I've not looked at his latest attempt
11:04 liliputech_asu ashimema: ok, I'll re-assign to me
11:04 * liliputech_asu take over!
11:04 * ashimema looks at it now
11:04 ashimema hehe
11:04 ashimema did you want me to update all his bugs on mass for you?
11:04 * ashimema thinks he might have a script for that
11:04 * liliputech_asu is wondering...
11:05 liliputech_asu let me check some texts I got from tuxayo, he had sent me a message a few days ago
11:05 ashimema okies
11:05 khall_ joined #koha
11:05 ashimema does this mean we get more lilputech_asu time on koha?
11:06 inlibro joined #koha
11:06 liliputech_asu arf... not sure :/ I better not promise anything I cannot garantee :)
11:09 liliputech_asu ashimema: been trying the advsearch to findout tuxayo's bug but can only find 3 o'them. I prefer to re-assign them on a case by case basis since some of them might also be re-assigned to other biblibre members
11:10 ashimema personally.. I still think inputmasks are the way forward for that bug
11:10 ashimema
11:10 ashimema brill
11:13 * liliputech_asu checking out
11:15 liliputech_asu meh... i'm not too much in favor of more client-side processing but that's quite how most things are done theses days... one's got to live with his time I guess
11:15 liliputech_asu also client-side processing is very tough to test and translate aren't they? :/
11:16 ashimema depends really
11:16 liliputech_asu okay
11:16 Joubu kohaputti: painful rebase, will take some time..
11:17 kohaputti Joubu, no worries, I'm able to review most of the code that is not conflicting
11:20 kohaputti Joubu, but wait, you rebased the bug 18936 stuff for bug 15522 sooo can't you use that? / do you want me to review these together?
11:20 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18936 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Convert issuingrules fields to circulation_rules
11:20 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15522 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , New interface for revamped circulation rules
11:21 kohaputti I would prefer to review separately though so if possible let's do it like that
11:21 Joubu 18936 will change the structure of the DB, when 15522 is more focussing on the UI
11:21 Joubu it is possible to review them separately, yes
11:30 kohaputti Joubu, after you are done with rebase, please cherry-pick HEAD from branch bug_18936 at my repo
11:31 Joubu will do, thanks!
11:39 did joined #koha
11:40 andreashm joined #koha
12:07 inlibro joined #koha
12:15 khall joined #koha
12:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23354: (RM follow-up) Change $q to $input for consistency <[…]3404992994fe9c95a>
12:23 oleonard joined #koha
12:24 oleonard Greetings fellow Kohanauts
12:31 alex_a joined #koha
12:34 fridolin joined #koha
12:45 kohaputti strange, why in C4/ ([…]af345a3e93da47ad) gets the issuing rules at the order categorycode > itemtype > branchcode instead of the described one in intranet that is branchcode > categorycode > itemtype
12:46 kohaputti Joubu, the strange logic is in the current Koha code so this is not something related to this patch set but I just noticed it here since that patch set changes that part of the code
12:47 kohaputti I grepped the rest of the koha code and the expected branchcode > categorycode > itemtype order is used elsewhere
12:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #627: UNSTABLE in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/627/
13:01 Joubu kohaputti: it is certainly a bug, I do not see any reasons to change the order for that rule
13:01 kohaputti the sorting by the branch code is here useful only if there is no branchcode passed to the function, right?
13:02 kohaputti so it actually doesn't do anything different if it was sorted as the first or last thing?
13:04 kohaputti hmm, maybe it changes things actually... let me make an example
13:05 Joubu kohaputti: rebased done, branch pushed.
13:05 Joubu that was really painful, lot of failing tests
13:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #561: SUCCESS in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/561/
13:06 Joubu well, just found some more...
13:07 inlibro joined #koha
13:09 kohaputti Joubu, see this illustration
13:10 kohaputti in the other case we get the rule with AA categorycode and in the other case we would get a rule with BB categorycode
13:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #98: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Master_D9_My8/98/
13:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #77: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]D9_MDB_Latest/77/
13:27 kohaputti Joubu, are you still working on the code? I noticed this in the latest commit of yours:[…]73695b1d9_381_381
13:28 kohaputti there is nothing coming out of "$rights->{itemtype}" if I read it correctly
13:29 Joubu indeed
13:29 Joubu I am still on it, will fix that
13:29 kohaputti great, will wait then maybe until tomorrow to get back to this
13:36 Joubu kohaputti: force pushed again. Not sure what's going on, but I cannot fix one of them. I let a note in the commit message
13:37 Joubu ashimema: Could you take a look at t/db_dependent/Koha/Charges/Fees.t failing on this branch:[…]17681e6e5a4024595 I am stuck at making it pass
13:38 ashimema sure thing
13:44 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:49 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23354: (QA follow-up) Add takepayment permission for new installs <[…]2000050dd1042cb17>
13:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1090: SUCCESS in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1090/
14:07 inlibro joined #koha
14:10 Null404 joined #koha
14:10 Null404 hello
14:11 oleonard Hi Null404
14:12 Null404 In KOHA can I disable patrons that he didn't come  from 5 years?
14:13 Null404 for example by adding: "disable" flag ?
14:14 oleonard Null404: You can have patron records expire based on the date they registered
14:14 oleonard You can also run a custom report to find "inactive" patrons and use the results to do a batch patron modification
14:15 oleonard https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]nactive_Borrowers
14:16 Null404 okay
14:17 caroline_crazycatlady Null404: there is also a tool[…]ion-anonymization
14:17 caroline_crazycatlady good morning everyone btw :)
14:18 Null404 but I don't want delete users
14:19 Null404 hi Caroline :)
14:19 caroline_crazycatlady what do you mean by disable then?
14:21 Null404 have patrons in data base, but when I go to the record of  user that din't come from x years. will have "innactive" status
14:21 kohaputti Joubu,[…]73695b1d9_384_382 you don't have the ending ; there because it is commented
14:22 kohaputti also, what's the point of the comments?
14:22 Null404 I know thats sounds complicated
14:23 cait Null404: you can expire them
14:23 cait account shave an expiration date, expired patrons can't do certain things
14:23 talljoy joined #koha
14:23 Null404 I know that
14:23 cait but dpeending on where you are located you might want to delet them at some point - keeping patron data forever is a bit critical
14:23 Joubu kohaputti: it's not a comment, it's "if not defined, then set to $allowedreserves"
14:23 Null404 why ?
14:23 cait data privacy
14:23 Null404 oh, okay
14:23 cait right to be forgotten... stuff like that :)
14:24 kohaputti Joubu, ooooooh, sorry reading in some other programming language
14:24 Joubu kohaputti: my $foo; my $bar = $foo // 42;
14:24 Joubu $bar is 42
14:26 kohaputti ashimema, the db updates fail:
14:26 caroline_crazycatlady ok I think what you want is just to change the user category
14:27 ashimema thanks.. I'll take a look
14:27 caroline_crazycatlady so then you have to do the report oleonard-away sent you and do a batch patron modification[…]tron-modification
14:27 kohaputti ashimema, mysql version 5.7.28-0ubuntu0.18.04.4
14:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #99: STILL UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Master_D9_My8/99/
14:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #628: STILL UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/628/
14:36 kohaputti Joubu, for me t/db_dependent/Koha/Charges/Fees.t passes
14:36 kohaputti what's the test that fails for you ?
14:37 wizzyrea joined #koha
14:38 Joubu ho really? let me try again with a fresh DB
14:38 kohaputti I don't have super fresh db
14:38 kohaputti just the master now upgraded with your stuff from this branch (if there were any db updates)
14:39 pastebot Someone at pasted "kohadev-koha@a28bac77ba9a:/koh" (32 lines) at
14:39 Joubu kohaputti: no they don't pp
14:39 Joubu ^
14:40 kohaputti pp?
14:40 kohaputti I will do a fresh install and let's see again
14:41 lukeG1 joined #koha
14:42 Joubu pp was ^
14:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #562: SUCCESS in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/562/
14:57 kohaputti Joubu, with fresh DB I can reproduce the problem
15:03 ashimema kohaputti.. I've fixed updatedatabase.. thanks for pointing it out
15:03 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23354: (RM follow-up) Remove stray 'IGNORE' in updatedatabase <[…]cc111d4d5edafc470>
15:07 inlibro joined #koha
15:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #78: SUCCESS in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]D9_MDB_Latest/78/
15:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1091: UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1091/
15:31 fridolin joined #koha
15:46 kohaputti Joubu, there is no circ rule that it matches
15:46 kohaputti Before the patch set I guess there has been
15:47 kohaputti maybe even by luck
15:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #100: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/100/
15:47 kohaputti Joubu, under the comment "# Hourly tests" it sets up a circ rule and those tests pass
15:48 kohaputti soo by reading the test I think the intention is to have a "days" lengthunit be tested
15:49 Joubu kohaputti: it is what I am doing with "set_rules"
15:49 Joubu so they should be equivalent
15:50 kohaputti hmm not sure what you mean.. but I mean there is only the circ rule for lengthunit "hours" but not for "days"
15:50 kohaputti soo if we just copy paste that code above and set it to days we should be all good
15:52 kohaputti Joubu, this makes the tests pass:
15:53 Joubu kohaputti: could you commit it?
15:54 kohaputti I still want to get bottom why it works in current master
15:56 kohaputti The old code has "my $issuingrule = Koha::IssuingRules->get_effective_issuing_rule(" so there has been an issuing rule before
15:56 kohaputti with this new code the hours version works because it creates a new rule
15:57 kohaputti soo somehow the issuing rules that were in the master version are not in the latest version
15:57 kohaputti latest version I mean this bug branch
15:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #629: STILL UNSTABLE in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/629/
15:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #563: UNSTABLE in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/563/
16:07 inlibro joined #koha
16:10 khall joined #koha
16:16 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
16:16 Amit_Gupta hi all
16:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #79: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]D9_MDB_Latest/79/
16:27 fridolin left #koha
16:32 kohaputti note to myself: in the old the rule search fallbacked to * in get_effective_rule() line $search_itemtype = { 'in' => [ $itemtype, $default ] };
16:32 kohaputti in the new code there is no fallback
16:33 kohaputti Joubu, I have not tested whether falling back to * will help in this case but the exectution results in my head gave positive results
16:34 kohaputti Joubu, I have to go now so let's continue tomorrow
16:35 kohaputti Joubu, yay, that's it!
16:36 kohaputti run delete from issuingrules; in the current master's db and then notice prove t/db_dependent/Koha/Charges/Fees.t fails
16:36 Miguel joined #koha
16:37 Guest14332 Hello, and installed ssl in koha but it just shows me the folders the system to do didn't run, what to add in the DocumentRoot
16:38 Guest14332 thanks
16:38 kohaputti Joubu, so if you are working on this before me tomorrow could you please check whether we need similar fallback functionality in the new code. Anyways, I will submit the patch to fix the test because we cannot rely the database to have all the stuff setup for our tests
16:39 Joubu Thanks kohaputti! I will not work more on that today. Let's see tomorrow!
16:40 kohaputti ok, I might still submit the patch to fix the test even though it is getting late...
16:40 oleonard joined #koha
16:44 wizzyrea joined #koha
16:44 Guest14332 Hello, and installed ssl in koha but it just shows me the folders the system to do didn't run, what to add in the DocumentRoot}
16:46 khall joined #koha
16:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1092: STILL UNSTABLE in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1092/
16:48 lisettelatah joined #koha
16:51 cait Joubu++ kohaputti++
16:53 kohaputti Joubu, we *might* (I have to confirm tomorrow) use the fallback feature actually in all of our libraries so this could be something important to fix
16:55 Joubu ok, see you tomorrow #koha
16:55 cait kohaputti: do you happen to know if we have more than https://lists.koha-community.o[…]ember/045430.html for the hackfest?
16:56 cait trying to write up my travel request - and know you already did .)
16:56 kohaputti cait, nothing else besides that and what paul polain (did I get it right) wrote here on the IRC channel
16:56 cait ok, thx :)
16:57 kohaputti it would definitely be nice to have some sort of schedule posted by biblibre for us who need it.
16:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #38: SUCCESS in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.11_D8/38/
17:00 kohaputti Joubu, the patch to fix the test is in my branch's HEAD for you to cherry-pick
17:01 cait i am using hte mailing list mail - usually it#s ok
17:01 cait but i have gone before, so not so many questions
17:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #35: STILL UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_U18/35/
17:07 inlibro joined #koha
17:09 reiveune bye
17:09 reiveune left #koha
17:19 ashimema grr.. more random failures.. they all pass locally for me :(
17:20 ashimema one for tomorrow me thinks
17:20 cait left #koha
17:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #37: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.11_D9/37/
17:50 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:50 wahanui Congratulations!
17:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1093: FIXED in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1093/
17:50 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:50 wahanui Congratulations!
17:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #630: FIXED in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/630/
18:03 did joined #koha
18:08 inlibro joined #koha
18:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #101: STILL UNSTABLE in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/101/
19:08 inlibro joined #koha
19:15 kathryn joined #koha
19:38 talljoy joined #koha
19:52 lisettelatah joined #koha
19:58 talljoy joined #koha
20:01 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
20:01 wahanui Congratulations!
20:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #564: FIXED in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/564/
20:08 hayley joined #koha
20:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #102: STILL UNSTABLE in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/102/
20:08 inlibro joined #koha
21:05 andreashm joined #koha
21:06 lukeG joined #koha
21:08 cait joined #koha
21:08 inlibro joined #koha
21:55 * cait waves at hayley
21:58 cait Joubu: around?
22:00 cait nm - answerd my own question
22:08 inlibro joined #koha
22:16 bag cait - he’s in Portland
22:16 cait i thought norway? :)
22:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #105: UNSTABLE in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/105/
22:18 caroline_crazycatlady Joubu is everywhere at once
22:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #104: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/104/
22:18 cait :)
22:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #104: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/104/
22:32 hayley does anyone have thoughts on bz 17179? I have just encountered it today and I find it very odd that Ctrl-C has been remapped to do something which isn't what you would expect it to do in any other program - I expect to be able to select some text or number and copy it elsewhere, inside or outside the advanced editor, but with this patch in 19.11/master what I have tried to copy doesn't get saved to my clipboard
22:34 cait bug 17179
22:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17179 new feature, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to master , Advanced editor: Add keyboard shortcuts to repeat (duplicate) a field, and cut text
22:34 hayley thanks cait
22:34 cait hm you could comment on that - but you can also add your own mapping
22:35 cait there is a new configuration page in admin for the keyboard shortcuts
22:35 cait what does it do? it's marked as 'copy current field'?
22:35 hayley yes, I can confirm that the mapping allows Ctrl-C to be used normally, however it took me a long time to figure out why nothing I was copying was able to be pasted
22:36 hayley Ctrl-C with nothing selected grabs the line where the cursor is and puts it into the clipboard to the side of the adv editor
22:36 cait I am not sure if that was the intended behaviour
22:36 cait does it only end up in the internal clipboard?
22:36 hayley Ctrl-C with some text or a number selected does nothing
22:36 hayley yes
22:36 cait hm
22:37 cait hm probably be nicer if it put it in 'both' clipboards?
22:37 cait which browser are you testing with?
22:37 cait it feels like a bug
22:38 cait just treid in my firefox, same
22:38 hayley have tested in firefox - my main issue is that ctrl-c should only copy what I have selected, rather than the whole field
22:38 hayley copying whole field should be something different by default in my opinion, I think it is confusing for users
22:38 hayley I will make a comment on the bug report :)
22:39 hayley (and also that if you do ctrl-c while selecting some text it doesn't do anything)
22:40 cait yeah, i think proably better we use a different mapping default, at least change it for new installations now
22:48 corilynn I support this 100% hayley. I had to remap all our instances because of the confusion
22:48 hayley glad to hear corilynn, good to know that it is actually something that has affected users
22:49 hayley was just guessing till this point
22:49 hayley I have updated the bug with a comment now :)
22:49 corilynn I know, I just got the email and peeked into IRC
22:49 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
22:49 wahanui Congratulations!
22:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #106: FIXED in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/106/
22:49 corilynn sittin' at the Children's desk wondering if I should be productive or now
22:50 corilynn not
22:50 hayley I am not sure how to approach the patch for this, whether it should be an atomic update with the db change or what, but if I figure it out I will try to do that today
22:50 hayley haha nice
22:51 corilynn best moment today, being asked how to spell narwhal so she could lookup books herself in the catalog <3
22:51 hayley awwww
22:51 hayley that is so sweet!
22:51 corilynn seriously!
22:51 corilynn I think it'll work as an atomic update, but you might want to check if it's already mapped to something else besides control-c
22:52 corilynn and not fungle it to whatever you are going to change it to
22:52 aleisha joined #koha
22:52 cait hm i think ... least surprise
22:52 cait maybe only chance for new installations
22:52 cait change
22:52 corilynn good idea, cait
22:53 corilynn maybe put in the comments how to change it for existing installations?
22:53 cait not sur eif that is a good idea... but maybe we could change the old db update entry?
22:53 cait so people updating later get the new mapping too?
22:53 corilynn ¯\_()_/¯
22:53 cait there is a coment about the shortcuts in the editor i think, but the db update can have text too of course
22:53 cait maybe put that in a separate patch if you want to... that way easy to decide
22:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #105: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/105/
22:55 * cait caught another developer not sorting sysprefs correctly alphabetically :D
22:55 hayley hehe
22:55 cait fixing htat... gives me a warm librarian feeling
22:56 cait i am only really confused as to why the test still passes...
22:57 cait EnableO... EnableP not PO.... huh.
22:58 cait ah I see - missing hte ,
23:08 inlibro joined #koha
23:19 corilynn thx for the SO hayley!
23:20 hayley that's alright! nice and simple :)
23:20 cait hayley++ corilynn++
23:20 corilynn my specialty
23:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #107: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/107/
23:40 lisettelatah joined #koha
23:42 cait corilynn: i have some trouble testing this bug
23:42 corilynn which one?
23:42 wahanui i think which one is that
23:42 cait i have used the right-click context menu - copy
23:42 cait when i paste, subfield code is still there
23:42 corilynn right, that doesn't work, you have to double click
23:42 cait the one hayley signed off
23:42 cait i did double click
23:43 cait to mark it, then context menu copy
23:43 corilynn hold on, let me get an instance going
23:44 cait it works if I remap ctrl+c
23:44 cait but coudl we get it going for people using context menu too?
23:44 corilynn yeah, i think control-c is getting in the way, let me see
23:45 hayley good catch cait
23:45 cait time to slepe here - i will try to describe on the bug
23:45 corilynn k
23:48 cait glad to see all those fixes
23:48 cait good night all!
23:48 hayley good night!
23:48 corilynn night, cait

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary