IRC log for #koha, 2020-01-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 kohaputti joined #koha
00:06 inlibro joined #koha
00:18 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
00:18 wahanui Congratulations!
00:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #86: FIXED in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.05_D8/86/
00:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #87: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_U18/87/
00:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #86: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.05_D9/86/
00:25 kohaputti joined #koha
00:54 kohaputti joined #koha
01:06 inlibro joined #koha
01:23 kohaputti joined #koha
01:50 kohaputti joined #koha
02:06 inlibro joined #koha
02:09 kohaputti joined #koha
02:32 kohaputti joined #koha
02:52 lukeG joined #koha
02:54 kohaputti joined #koha
03:06 inlibro joined #koha
03:26 kohaputti joined #koha
03:52 kohaputti joined #koha
04:07 inlibro joined #koha
04:22 kohaputti joined #koha
04:48 kohaputti joined #koha
05:07 inlibro joined #koha
05:11 sjamso joined #koha
05:18 kohaputti joined #koha
05:55 kohaputti joined #koha
06:07 inlibro joined #koha
06:09 chris joined #koha
06:11 kohaputti joined #koha
06:14 JesseM_ joined #koha
06:22 vicky_ joined #koha
06:30 bru joined #koha
06:34 cait joined #koha
06:34 kohaputti joined #koha
07:07 inlibro joined #koha
07:09 sophie_m joined #koha
07:09 kohaputti joined #koha
07:40 reiveune joined #koha
07:41 reiveune hello
07:41 wahanui what's up, reiveune
07:48 paul_p joined #koha
07:53 alex_a joined #koha
07:54 alex_a Bonjour
07:54 wahanui kia ora, alex_a
08:07 inlibro joined #koha
08:08 cait joined #koha
08:08 cait good morning #koha
08:31 * magnuse waves
09:01 sophie_m1 joined #koha
09:03 fridolin joined #koha
09:07 inlibro joined #koha
09:07 greenjimll joined #koha
09:15 andreashm joined #koha
09:33 andreashm joined #koha
10:03 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24361: (RM follow-up) Restore 0 handling in CalcFine <[…]c3e2c717d9c2d2466>
10:08 inlibro joined #koha
10:19 vfernandes joined #koha
10:22 kohaputti paul_p, any new info about hackfest?
10:23 kohaputti like venue, exact starting time, more specific agenda
10:25 magnuse kohaputti: based on past experience: venue = the biblibre office in rue breteuil, marseille. starting time = monday, 9 o'clock :-)
10:26 kohaputti magnuse, and do you recommend to go ? :-)
10:26 magnuse there is no agenda, except people organize talks/discussions based on the interests of the people present at the hackfest
10:26 magnuse kohaputti: oh, very, very, very much!
10:27 magnuse i have been there 6 times
10:27 kohaputti ok, so I should really consider it
10:27 kohaputti and ending time = ?
10:27 magnuse friday afternoon
10:28 magnuse i guess the office is closed at about 4 or something
10:28 kohaputti thanks, of course this year the hackfest could also be different but hopefully this gave me the general idea.
10:29 magnuse i have usually left very early on friday, because i have not been able to fly all the way home on the saturday, but it seems that has changed now
10:29 magnuse yeah, since paul_p has not announced anything different i assume it will follow the established traditions more or less
10:31 * andreashm waves
10:31 andreashm kohaputti: the hackfest is fun, and you should attend.
10:32 ashimema[m] paul_p did ask if I had any input regarding changes.. he's very open to change but at the same time whilst what we do works pretty well why change :)
10:33 magnuse everything is so much more fun when you have met some of the people here on irc irl
10:33 ashimema[m] if anyone has any good idea though.. I'm all for it..
10:33 ashimema[m] totally.. i love it.
10:33 paul_p hello all.
10:33 magnuse and being in a room full of people all working on koha is really energizing, at least for me
10:33 magnuse bonjour paul_p
10:34 paul_p kohaputti, magnuse, is right = hackfest as usual. i'll send an email in a couple of days to say "drop me an email to announce that you'll come"
10:34 ashimema[m] in short though.. you'd should difinitley attend if you can kohaputti.. it's a great event with lots of friendly people to work with (and eat and drink with)
10:34 * ashimema[m] is certainly aiming to attend
10:34 * magnuse too
10:35 ashimema[m] and will be on the lookup for things to push whlist there whilst I have people on hand to help refine and fix things.. it's one of the best times to get a little experimental as there's lots of knowledge around to help with it.
10:35 paul_p kohaputti, the venue is 108 rue Breteuil, F-13006. from monday to friday, starting aroung 9AM, ending when the last person leaves. Usually dinner is a "beer-then-dinner"
10:37 paul_p kohaputti, and BibLibre takes care of coffee/cakes. Most ppl come with some candies from their country (a tradition, not a requirement ;) ). I hope you like chocolate, because there's usually a lot :D
10:37 ashimema[m] you were thinking of shaking up the lunch arrangements a bit weren't you paul?
10:37 ashimema[m] or did I imagine that?
10:38 cait kohaputti: last time there was good vegan food too
10:38 kohaputti paul_p, thanks for the info! If you could also put all that to the email then I can attach it for my travel request for work.
10:39 kohaputti cait, good to know :)
10:39 cait maybe still let paul_p know :)
10:41 cait kohaputti: I'd also really recommend it - it's more hands on/developer content than the conferences
10:42 * ashimema[m] generally feels he 'should go' to kohacons but 'wants to go' to the hackfests
10:42 cait heh
10:43 kohaputti speaking of that, I would have hoped the kohacon workshops would have been more hands on, the ones I attended if I recall was just some presentation with some discussion after it
10:43 cait i want to go to both... koha family and mixed interests I guess?
10:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1054: STILL UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1054/
10:43 cait kohaputti: we were aiming for more hands on i our workshop -but then it just got too many people :(
10:43 ashimema[m] I do like kohacon too.. but more for the social than the conference itself
10:43 kohaputti ashimema[m], were you this year in kohacon / have we met ever?
10:44 cait kohaputti: so last time it didn't work out - i htink they are trying it a bit differently again in nz
10:44 ashimema[m] I was indeed.. we hosted ;)
10:44 ashimema[m] we have indeed met.. martin
10:44 kohaputti oh, I think I know then who you are IRL
10:45 ashimema[m] https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ommunity_Facebook
10:45 ashimema[m] we should use hackfest to update this page a bit
10:45 cait oh good... bad hair day
10:46 cait - also helps a bit
10:47 cait btw you should add yourself :)
10:48 * ashimema[m] notes kohaputti isn't on the regulars page yet
10:49 cait Is someone good with debian scripts? I have a new contributor on bug 10517 and need a sign-off/code review
10:49 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10517 normal, P5 - low, ---, rudolfbyker, Needs Signoff , koha-restore fails to create mysqluser@mysql_hostname so zebra update fails
10:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #526: STILL UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/526/
10:53 cait bbiab
11:08 inlibro joined #koha
11:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #62: STILL UNSTABLE in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Master_D9_My8/62/
11:10 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24329: DBRev <[…]e1db7803e981a5f36>
11:10 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24329: Add a test <[…]0c97679792df1fc83>
11:10 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24329: Prevent update of timestamp on action_logs updates <[…]f6775acb40875e5fc>
11:10 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24329: Correction to updatedatabase <[…]d90001d212de81c97>
11:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #586: STILL UNSTABLE in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/586/
11:23 aindriu joined #koha
11:23 aindriu hi,
11:24 aindriu can someone help me with a local installation of Koha on Debian?
11:25 aindriu I've installed Koha and the database but I just get the Apache Welcome screen
11:25 khall joined #koha
11:26 aindriu hi
11:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #32: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]D9_MDB_Latest/32/
11:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #587: STILL UNSTABLE in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/587/
11:46 aindriu ?
11:51 ashimema[m] hmm
11:51 ashimema[m] Joubu about?
11:56 aindriu where can i get  help for koha debian installation?
12:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #63: STILL UNSTABLE in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Master_D9_My8/63/
12:02 aindriu at least you got it to run
12:03 cait aindriu: how did you install and which version? which installation instructions do you follow?
12:04 aindriu i was following a debian walkthrough, I installed koha and the database but I just get the Apache welcome screen in the browswer
12:05 aindriu https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ki/Koha_on_Debian
12:05 aindriu MySql, Debian version 10.
12:05 cait ashimema[m]: can you tell if those versions are good?
12:06 cait I think all you might need to do is disable the apache default site
12:06 ashimema[m] Debian 10 package do not yet exist
12:06 aindriu oh ok.  yeah i think apache it just needs to point to koha
12:06 paxed also, no virtualbox for debian 10, so no koha devbox
12:07 cait so debian 10 is not recommended?
12:07 ashimema[m] it all hinges on us building d10 packages
12:07 ashimema[m] yup.. D10 is not recommended
12:07 ashimema[m] there are dependancy issues
12:07 ashimema[m] which need resolving
12:07 ashimema[m] I really need drojf back
12:07 ashimema[m] or someone else to take a look
12:07 cait not sure if we can manage that ... shoudl we add to meetings topics of today?
12:08 inlibro joined #koha
12:08 ashimema[m] aindriu I would really recomment using D9 for now.. we are still working on D10 support.. currently I am aware of at least a couple of dependancy issues we have including one which would leave you with a major security issue if you enable the API
12:19 khall joined #koha
12:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #527: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/527/
12:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1055: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1055/
12:29 tcohen morning
12:35 * magnuse thinks - in general - we should prefer sysprefs over command line options for cronjobs
12:39 alex_a joined #koha
12:41 cait magnuse: say so on the bug :)
12:45 magnuse cait: done
12:45 magnuse bug 20076
12:45 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20076 trivial, P5 - low, ---,, In Discussion , Overdues: remove redundant message when patrons don't have email addresses
12:47 cait thx :)
12:47 cait just figured out why we disply microforms witha book icon
12:48 cait because ldr pos 6 says content is what it cares about... sigh
12:48 magnuse i did a rebase and added some pod on bug 19008 a while back. reset it to NSO. not sure if that was necessary, or if it could have remained SO?
12:48 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19008 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , More database cleanups
12:48 cait for pod i'd usually say no -follow-up patch?
12:51 paul_p joined #koha
12:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #33: STILL UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]D9_MDB_Latest/33/
12:52 Br_ joined #koha
12:56 Br_ Hi Joubu. Happy New Year.
13:04 magnuse cait: i did a separate followup for the pod, yes
13:05 cait yeah it hink so is ok then
13:05 fridolin joined #koha
13:06 magnuse cait: done
13:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #64: STILL UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Master_D9_My8/64/
13:08 inlibro joined #koha
13:09 magnuse cait: added a comment about sysprefs v.s. command line switches to that bug too
13:10 kohaputti magnuse, if I rememeber right, there is a bug report for replacing cronjob options with sysprefs
13:10 kohaputti magnuse, which bug you commented on?
13:10 kohaputti am I discussing there?
13:12 kohaputti This is the bug I was thinking of: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=21627
13:12 huginn` Bug 21627: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , System preference for recipient emails of
13:25 cait magnuse: i wonder how easy it is to change later - i think better to start with prefs
13:25 cait magnuse: once a sysadmin have things set up, we have no good upgrade path?
13:25 cait to a pref
13:26 cait how would you figure out what has been set... you need to keep the parameter and the pref forever or have a breakage on update
13:27 cait i think for new features... better to start out with a pref and avoid pain for sysadmins and libraries later
13:29 magnuse hm, yeah, true
13:30 magnuse but for the db cleanups we already have a cronjob with params
13:31 magnuse hm, maybe the cronjobs could take both sysprefs and params?
13:33 cait it's possible, but makes things more complex
13:33 magnuse yeah
13:33 cait and there are already prefs for some of the params in the cleanup
13:33 magnuse fun
13:33 cait at elast for one
13:34 cait tcohen++ thx
13:34 magnuse soo... make a new cleanup script that only takes prefs, and deprecate the old one?
13:36 Br_ I have just recently upgraded to 17.05 from 16.05 and when I try to edit items on Koha, it throws the following error “Can't call method "branchname" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 1627” Please help resolve.
13:37 cait magnuse: dunno... bu tmaybe add new options in a flexible way? not blocking... just think it would be beneficial
13:37 kidclamp 17.05 is a rather old version Br_
13:37 cait Br_: that's still a very very old version of Koha
13:37 cait may 2017
13:38 kidclamp that error suggest some bad data, possibly a branchcode in an item that doesn't exist in the branches table
13:38 * cait nods
13:42 khall joined #koha
13:43 Br_ Cait, I have tried to upgrade to a newer version first to 19.05 and i faced the same issue, hence the reason i downgraded 17.05 -may be i should do a step by step upgrade.
13:44 bdonnahue joined #koha
13:44 Br_ Kidclamp: I search the archive online and saw the advice to update the two fields (UPDATE items SET homebranch='LIB', holdingbranch='LIB'). I have done that and did the full reindex. But, that did not seem to help.
13:45 kidclamp is LIB a valid branchcode in your system
13:45 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:45 Br_ the branch code is actually "WIDER"
13:46 Br_ we have single instance of Koha
13:47 kidclamp then you should repeat that update statement with the branchcode 'WIDER' - if all books are at that branch
13:48 wizzycray joined #koha
13:52 Br_ kidclamp: Yes, all books are at the same branch. Sorry for ignorance here. wouldn't the SQL statement ("UPDATE items SET homebranch='WIDER', holdingbranch='WIDER'") do take care for all. How do i do the repeat? thanks
13:53 magnuse yes, that is the statement you should run
13:54 kidclamp thanks magnise
13:54 kidclamp magnuse even
13:54 kidclamp magnice :-)
13:55 Br_ thanks kidclamp. I have done this before to no avail but there is no harm in repeating running the SQL command agian
14:01 bdonnahue joined #koha
14:08 inlibro joined #koha
14:09 * ashimema[m] is surprised cait hasn't come back to QA bug 20307 yet
14:09 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20307 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Language overlay for authorized values
14:14 Miguel_ joined #koha
14:14 Miguel_ Is there a way to allow a patron to login using his card number rather than an username and password
14:17 vfernandes Miguel_ : with internal authentication you can user username or cardnumber in combination with the password
14:21 Miguel_ I just want to use the cardnumber without a password
14:21 Miguel_ File not found to modify
14:24 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24263: DBRev <[…]9520e856cab5562bb>
14:24 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24263: (QA follow-up) Atomic update fixes <[…]9cf566b8476066924>
14:24 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24327: Redirect to the login form if AnonSuggestion misconfigured <[…]73e5c95ec1037ab0f>
14:24 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24327: Add warning to the about page is AnonSugggestions but AnonymousPatron <[…]bb7e15170faea88e8>
14:24 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24054: Typo in ClaimReturnedWarningThreshold system preference <[…]13a8d28fe2f0a3c41>
14:24 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24263: DB changes <[…]c3e271f4fd6d0395f>
14:24 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24263: Replace borrowers.relationship with NULL when was empty string <[…]94b684aebf903743b>
14:24 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24263: Add tests <[…]f56d3c4097f478091>
14:24 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24104: Item search - Prevent "Edit" dropdown button to overflow <[…]309e4b58c898f42e0>
14:25 vfernandes check
14:25 vfernandes C4/
14:29 Miguel_ check , thanjs
14:29 Miguel_ thanks
14:30 vfernandes look for the method checkpw_internal
14:31 lukeG joined #koha
14:34 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24277: Regression tests <[…]d1dcca430066b06dd>
14:34 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24277: Fix date received editing when receiving an order <[…]65f35f3f9ae1aab45>
14:43 alex_a_ joined #koha
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24321: (follow-up) Fix number of tests in t/db_dependent/Koha/Objects.t <[…]9c93aaa68345cffee>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24321: Clean /patrons <[…]6321ac13cc4dc5b71>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24321: Clean /holds <[…]11d591e0c1ab3f17f>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24321: Clean /patrons/{patron_id}/account <[…]4473e15ba3318d8e2>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24321: Clean /items <[…]39483afddae51e1db>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24321: Clean /biblios <[…]2f2e7432ef4d1ae23>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24321: Clean /checkouts <[…]afdf4cbdc7c1573a3>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24321: Clean /libraries <[…]b59b4e2820cdbedc6>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24321: Clean /acquisitions/vendors <[…]c483b26db36848b45>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24321: Clean /acquisitions/funds <[…]501ec48ebd4d74d5a>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24321: Clean /cities <[…]91a091e2cffc613e5>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24321: Make use mappings from Koha::Object(s) <[…]5cae721fac2109c2a>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24321: Make dbic_merge_sorting accept a result set as parameter <[…]1c1f6c6ab4602719d>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24321: Add Koha::Objects->attributes_from_api <[…]4bba31d0fe4b079e2>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23893: Catch dt_from_string exceptions <[…]a397dc79836080719>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23893: Remove Overloaded method from Koha::Patron <[…]9da8afea3823be8ab>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23893: (QA follow-up) Explicit date format <[…]03dabee78f569b0d4>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23893: No special care for booleans <[…]2ac8701646bdc4b31>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23893: Use in /patrons <[…]d2d6059ef23c31586>
14:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23893: Use in /cities <[…]c18745d02fd11e346>
14:45 Br_ Kidlamp:I have executed the update SQL statement and rerun indexing. I still get the same error message 'can't call method "branchname" ... ' when I try to edit an item. Is there any other place where i should do the update the name of branch and holdingbranch
14:46 vfernandes Br_ are you using branches authorised values in another subfield?
14:48 oleonard joined #koha
14:49 oleonard Hi #koha
14:49 Br_ vfernandes: i am sysadmin with a little knowledge about the library system. But, i have access to the intranet system and to backend. Please advise where and how should i check if i am using branches authorised values in another subfield?
14:51 wizzyrea joined #koha
14:54 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24252: Add relations to Koha::Account::Line <[…]cd204e3a1cba5b361>
14:55 vfernandes Br_ do you access to database?
14:56 vfernandes *do you have access
14:56 Br_ Yes
14:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #588: STILL UNSTABLE in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/588/
15:00 vfernandes "select frameworkcode, tagfield, tagsubfield, authorised_value from marc_subfield_structure where authorised_value = 'branches'"
15:01 cait vfernandes: branches is not a real authorised value
15:01 cait that' wont work
15:01 cait oh
15:01 cait argh, sorry
15:01 cait that works, i was misreading the table
15:01 vfernandes :)
15:01 cait vfernandes++ :)
15:02 * cait blames the XSLT she is working on
15:02 * oleonard blames XSLT for killing the dinosaurs
15:03 cait :)
15:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #34: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]D9_MDB_Latest/34/
15:08 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24228: Make ->to_api params a hashref <[…]5904a88097c4cc2ba>
15:08 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24228: Add parameters to Koha::Object(s)->to_api to automatically embed objects <[…]9bf31e2b5d77b25d0>
15:08 inlibro joined #koha
15:12 vfernandes Br_ execute that query
15:15 Br_ ok
15:17 Br_ I just did and it shows 36 rows with values for tagfiled "36"; tagsubfield "a or b"; authorized_value - branches
15:18 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 24302: Add a way to specify nested objects to embed in OpenAPI <[…]e95b3d05006d5770e>
15:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #65: STILL UNSTABLE in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Master_D9_My8/65/
15:32 deb-CSPL joined #koha
15:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1056: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1056/
15:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #528: STILL UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/528/
15:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #589: STILL UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/589/
15:56 fridolin left #koha
16:04 vfernandes joined #koha
16:09 inlibro joined #koha
16:11 lisettelatah joined #koha
16:23 reiveune bye
16:23 reiveune left #koha
16:23 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
16:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #66: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Master_D9_My8/66/
16:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #35: STILL UNSTABLE in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]D9_MDB_Latest/35/
16:36 cait left #koha
16:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1057: STILL UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1057/
17:04 Ronaldjoseruiza joined #koha
17:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #529: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/529/
17:09 inlibro joined #koha
17:42 cait joined #koha
17:49 Marie-Luce joined #koha
17:51 Dyrcona joined #koha
17:55 * oleonard is away: I'm busy
18:09 inlibro joined #koha
18:57 calire joined #koha
19:02 georgew joined #koha
19:09 inlibro joined #koha
19:31 * oleonard is back (gone 01:36:01)
19:31 oleonard Hi calire
19:32 * cait waves
19:34 calire hi oleonard
19:34 wahanui hi oleopard
19:34 rangi morning
19:37 * magnuse waves
19:41 oleonard[…]14319863017009152
19:43 caroline_catlady love it!
19:45 cait I feel old... becuase I know it does not work like the pretend it does
19:46 oleonard I feel old because I know it's too late for me to learn how to flourish and twirl a diskette before I insert it
19:48 cait nto sure you can achieve that with normal size hands
19:54 davidnind joined #koha
20:01 cait ashimema[m]: ping?
20:01 hayley joined #koha
20:02 ashimema[m] hi
20:02 lisettelatah joined #koha
20:02 ashimema[m] sorry.. totally forgot what day it was untill my calendar just woke up
20:02 cait :)
20:03 davidnind I'm at work, still haven't woken up :)
20:03 ashimema[m] #startmeeting General IRC meeting 8 January 2020
20:03 huginn` Meeting started Wed Jan  8 20:03:51 2020 UTC.  The chair is ashimema[m]. Information about MeetBot at
20:03 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:03 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2020)
20:03 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_8_january_2020'
20:04 ashimema[m] #top Introductions
20:04 ashimema[m] * #topic Introductions
20:04 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
20:04 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
20:04 ashimema[m] #topic Introductions
20:04 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2020)
20:04 caroline_catlady #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
20:04 corilynn #info Cori Lynn Arnold, DGI, Connecticut
20:04 ashimema[m] #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
20:04 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
20:05 hayley #info Hayley Mapley, Catalyst IT New Zealand
20:05 lisettelatah #info Lisette Scheer, Latah County Library District/Koha-US, Idaho, US
20:05 cait full meeting today :)
20:05 georgew #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
20:05 ashimema[m] #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ng_8_January_2020 Agenda
20:06 ashimema[m] #chair cait
20:06 huginn` Current chairs: ashimema[m] cait
20:06 rangi #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst
20:06 ashimema[m] :)
20:07 ashimema[m] I think we're pretty corrate :)
20:07 ashimema[m] #topic Announcements
20:07 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2020)
20:07 cait i have one sec
20:08 cait #info Been wading through old open bugs until up to 2015 - marked some Academy for those who want to have a go :)
20:08 ashimema[m] cait++
20:08 lisettelatah cait++
20:08 lisettelatah #info Koha-US koha-a-thon is looking for presentation proposals for our online conference this spring. The conference is free and anyone is welcome to attend.
20:09 lisettelatah #link[…]wform?usp=sf_link
20:09 cait ... or just ask - I usually have something i forgot to file yet :)
20:09 rangi #info some bad news is there is no catalyst academy this year (we have no space in teh building and it got left a bit late to sort it out)
20:09 oleonard no catalyst academy = sad-face
20:09 rangi but we will be doing some staff (wider catalyst staff, there are 350 of us in total) bug squashing days
20:09 inlibro joined #koha
20:10 cait sad news and good news
20:10 ashimema[m] oh noes..
20:10 kathryn joined #koha
20:10 rangi so hopefully will still get a bunch of stuff done, late feb is the date
20:10 cait sorry to hear about academy, always looking forward to it
20:10 rangi yep
20:10 corilynn what's Academy?
20:11 rangi
20:11 corilynn thx rangi
20:11 davidnind #info Next global bug squashing day  is 17 January (from last month's general IRC meeting)
20:12 ashimema[m] ooh.. thanks davidnind
20:12 ashimema[m] I was just trying to dig out that date..
20:12 cait corilynn: you can also see what they achieved looking in the wiki for 'academy' - usually A LOT https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]/Catalyst_Academy
20:12 cait ooh nice, forgot we had that planned too
20:12 ashimema[m] xmas have been busy, I've not found a moment to do the wiki page or send out mails about bug squashing
20:13 rangi https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]cademy_2019#Day_1  <-- they got tons done last year!
20:13 aleisha #info Aleisha Amohia, Catalyst IT New Zealand
20:14 cait I guess we also owe Aleisha to it :)
20:14 ashimema[m] #info We are now entering an 'experimental pushing' period of the relase cycle.. this means master will be a tad less stable as I encourage the QA team to work through challenging and scary enhancements and new features.
20:14 aleisha haha sorry bad timing from me there!
20:14 corilynn :) scary enhancements!
20:15 cait aleisha: we just finished talking about open source academy - my timing was bad actually :)
20:15 ashimema[m] not at all.. nice to have you here aleisha
20:15 ashimema[m] any other announcements?
20:15 davidnind #info Marshal Breeding's 2019 International Library Automation Perceptions Survey closes soon, provides useful info on Koha[…]AutomationSurvey/
20:16 davidnind BiLibre hack fest as well in March, just trying to find the details...
20:16 kathryn joined #koha
20:16 ashimema[m] 23rd to 27th
20:17 ashimema[m] #info Hackfest in Marseille hosted by BibLibre 23rd - 27th March
20:17 ashimema[m] any kohacon news.. or would you prefer you're own topic?
20:18 rangi registrations are open
20:18 ashimema[m] #topic Kohacon20
20:18 Topic for #koha is now Kohacon20 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2020)
20:18 cait #info Registrations for KohaCon are open!
20:19 rangi #link
20:19 rangi the visa process has changed for nz
20:19 rangi you need an electronic visa for places you didn't use to need one
20:19 rangi  details here
20:19 rangi (at the bottom of the page)
20:20 ashimema[m] hope you got a decent response from the call for talks
20:20 rangi that's about it at the moment, we will have a draft programme up within a week or so
20:20 rangi we did :)
20:20 ashimema[m] :)
20:21 ashimema[m] #topic Update on releases
20:21 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2020)
20:21 ashimema[m] #info First releases of the cycle have taken place
20:22 hayley #info 18.11: In the process of working through the relevant patches for 18.11.13. If anyone has anything to flag for the 18.11.13 please let me know and I will take a look!
20:22 ashimema[m] Thanks go out to the SO/QA teams and the RMaints
20:22 ashimema[m] thanks heyley
20:22 cait hayley++
20:23 hayley thank you for all your support last release! :)
20:23 ashimema[m] #info Packaging was a little slow, xmas break combined with challenges getting hold of the packaging manager.
20:23 ashimema[m] #info Lots of bugfixes have gone in during this first month of bugfixes only
20:23 corilynn yay!
20:24 hayley Also, not sure if this is something we can edit but the December newsletter refers to 18.11.11 not 18.11.12 and Martin's post, because I was away and hadn't made a post yet
20:24 ashimema[m] #info Now moving into a short period of more experimenal pushing...
20:24 ashimema[m] rmaints?
20:24 wahanui rmaints is talljoy, lucas, hayley
20:25 ashimema[m] ok.. moving on then
20:25 ashimema[m] #topic Any Other Business
20:25 Topic for #koha is now Any Other Business (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2020)
20:26 davidnind Is it officially just past Koha's 20ieth birthday?
20:26 ashimema[m] I wanted to ask if anyone here has any further contact details for mirko outside of irc and his abunchofthings email
20:26 rangi if you count it from the day it went live yes
20:26 rangi jan 3 2000
20:27 caroline_catlady happy birthday Koha!
20:27 cait his blog has a postal address...
20:27 davidnind not yet 21, still so young! :)
20:27 georgew happy birthday
20:28 Marie-Luce 20 in 2020
20:29 rangi :)
20:29 ashimema[m] :)
20:29 rangi it will be 21 years since the first commit (21 and a couple of weeks) at kohacon
20:29 cait still can't buy alcohol
20:29 rangi can in nz
20:29 rangi 18 is drinking age :)
20:30 cait ..y eah here too actually
20:30 cait 18 as well
20:30 ashimema[m] lol
20:30 georgew can't buy alcohol or tobacco in the USA - but in some states could buy weed
20:31 ashimema[m] so.. mirko.. I've not been able to get hold of him for the past couple of releases.. including the .00 for 19.11
20:32 ashimema[m] Mason has diligently stepped in at the last moment on both ocassions but it would be good to get him some backup so we're looking for fresh volunteers
20:33 ashimema[m] mtj++
20:33 cait #info Koha Release Team is looking for packaging volunteers to spread the load
20:33 cait an idea was also to spread the knowledge, so if you are interested, please let us know :)
20:34 cait outside of unplanned security releases the load should be pretty plannable
20:34 ashimema[m] thanks cait
20:35 ashimema[m] so.. moving on
20:35 ashimema[m] #topic Next meeting
20:35 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2020)
20:36 ashimema[m] same time next month suit everyone?
20:36 ashimema[m] I'm thinkin stick to the late shift now we're past the new year and Kohacon is nearing
20:36 ashimema[m] but am open to change
20:36 hayley suits us in nz!
20:36 caroline_catlady +1
20:37 ashimema[m] so..
20:37 oleonard +1
20:37 ashimema[m] I make that 12th Feb
20:38 ashimema[m] 20:00 UTC
20:38 ashimema[m] 12 Feb 2020, 20 UTC
20:39 ashimema[m] going..
20:39 ashimema[m] going..
20:39 ashimema[m] gone.
20:39 ashimema[m] #info 12 Feb 2020, 20 UTC
20:39 ashimema[m] #endmeeting
20:39 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:39 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Jan  8 20:39:52 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:39 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-01-08-20.03.html
20:39 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]0-01-08-20.03.txt
20:39 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]08-20.03.log.html
20:40 ashimema[m] thanks everyone
20:40 davidnind ashimema++
20:40 cait ashimema[m]++
20:40 ashimema[m] sorry for the slightly manic one tonight
20:40 caroline_catlady ashimema[m]++
20:44 oleonard Talking about NZ visas makes it sound much more real
20:45 bdonnahue joined #koha
20:45 caroline_catlady are you going oleonard?
20:45 oleonard Haven't booked anything but I'm hoping so
20:45 caroline_catlady cool!
20:47 * oleonard supposes he should go do chores now
20:47 oleonard See y'all later
20:58 lisettelatah joined #koha
21:02 andreashm joined #koha
21:04 lisettelatah Is anyone around familiar with devbox? I'm trying to reinstall it and when I try to vagrant up it says "The box your attempting to add doesn't support the provider you requested."
21:07 cait i am using one, but haven't seen that error
21:07 cait which OS?
21:07 wahanui which OS are you using?
21:07 cait are you using Virtualbox?
21:08 lisettelatah Yes, it looks like I'm using a version of VirtualBox that is too new for Vagrant. I'm installing 6 instead of 6.1 now
21:08 lisettelatah I'm on Windows
21:08 cait ah, don't know about how to get it going there :(
21:09 cait google let me to 'vagrant up --provider virtualbox' to see if that works
21:09 cait but the virtualbox veriso might be a good lead
21:09 lisettelatah vagrant up --provider virtualbox was what told me the version number was wrong. It seems to be working now with the correct version number!
21:09 cait yay!
21:09 inlibro joined #koha
21:11 hayley yay!
21:25 davidnind joined #koha
21:26 davidnind left #koha
21:26 lisettelatah So I've been working on a google doc whenever I find new troubleshooting when spinning up devbox on windows 10. Some of them are part of the "Issues" on the gitlab, but I wanted to have them in 1 place.
21:27 cait lisettelatah++ :)
21:27 lisettelatah Is there a place that might be good to drop a link for other people who might want it?
21:29 cait hm
21:29 cait i think most instructions on devbox are actually on git lab ath emoment
21:29 cait wonder if it could be added there ... but easier maybe for now on the wiki
21:29 cait looks like we don't really have much information on the devbox on hte wiki either
21:30 cait only came up with https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]izing_your_devbox
21:32 cait caroline_catlady: does the ACCOUNT_DEBIT notice work for you? form the markup i think it should print the fines paid, but I only get th etotal?
21:33 caroline_catlady Is that the one that replaced the hardcoded printout?
21:33 cait yes
21:33 cait still looks like the old one tho
21:33 cait i saw you just redid the french translations
21:33 caroline_catlady I remember it working, but I don't think I paid attention to the contents
21:34 cait hm interesting... it doesn't seem to use the one for me
21:34 caroline_catlady yeah I put one of the interns on the rebase :)
21:34 caroline_catlady it's good to have minions :)
21:34 cait I envy you :)
21:37 caroline_catlady seems to work... this is on 19.05
21:37 cait yep not getting that
21:37 cait testing on master
21:37 caroline_catlady oh wait is that one debit or credit? I always confuse the two
21:37 cait i have hte 'payment' in descrpition of charges
21:38 cait i made sure i got the right on
21:38 cait e
21:38 caroline_catlady ok yeah, that was the payment one
21:39 caroline_catlady let me try on master
21:39 cait it seemed turned upside down
21:39 cait the fee receipt lists the payment and the invoice the fine
21:39 cait but it seems the other way around on 19.05
21:40 caroline_catlady are you testing the english one or the one my itern did?
21:41 caroline_catlady still seems ok on master
21:42 cait nope
21:43 cait it says payment
21:43 cait it should say what was paid
21:43 cait as on your first link
21:43 cait in description of charges
21:43 caroline_catlady there's nothing in the description when it's a payment
21:44 cait see your fiest
21:44 cait it said Credits, Printing
21:44 caroline_catlady yes but in the payment there is no description
21:44 caroline_catlady let me try to add one
21:44 caroline_catlady not sure I can do it in the interface
21:44 cait no, itshould not
21:44 cait what i am trying to say is it shoudl show the description of the fines you paid off
21:44 cait in a list
21:45 cait there is a foreach loop in the tmeplate...
21:45 cait but it doesn't
21:45 caroline_catlady I printed the payment of 5$, but there is not description, see
21:45 cait something like 'copier fees'
21:45 cait if you go on details for th epayment
21:45 cait that should print
21:46 caroline_catlady oh those details!
21:46 cait what is listed on charges paid
21:46 caroline_catlady on my first one it was just what was written in the description column
21:46 cait can you screnshot the accounts table for hte first?
21:46 caroline_catlady It was something that I added manually
21:46 caroline_catlady
21:47 cait interesting
21:47 cait did you click print on the credits or on the paiement?
21:47 caroline_catlady on the credit
21:47 cait aah
21:52 cait hm i filed 2 bugs... they can still tell me i am wrong :)
21:53 cait bug 24381
21:53 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24381 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , ACCOUNT_DEBIT slip not printing information about paid fines/fees
21:53 cait bug 24382
21:53 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24382 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Wrong information showing on detail pages for fines/fees and payments
21:53 caroline_catlady haha! Well I like the idea that it prints what was paid not just the description
21:54 caroline_catlady It would be even better if we could print more than one at a time ;)
21:54 cait I think that was the whole idea... or this is a bit silly
21:54 cait i know it couldn't in the past... but with offsets an dall it should work and it def works in the emais
21:54 cait emails
21:59 caroline_catlady cait: Do you think I should describe all the item search fields? they're pretty self-explanatory, right?
21:59 caroline_catlady[…]ml#item-searching
22:00 cait i wouldn't
22:00 cait but maybe woth adding that you can add your own search options
22:00 cait and a linkt to the item search field config?
22:00 caroline_catlady yeah that's what I was thinking too :) great minds :)
22:01 cait btw - i think it might have never worked... listing the fines... but .. I sitll think we should :)
22:01 cait i will wait for the experts
22:05 caroline_catlady yeah no, I don't think it ever worked. I think the goal was only to remove the table from the code and put it in the customizable notices
22:06 cait possibly
22:09 cait but hen we add with 'payment' as a single line... under the table heading of 'charge of description' ...and it' sin a foreach loop although they will ever only be one netry? it just feels something is strange there
22:09 aleisha joined #koha
22:10 inlibro joined #koha
22:12 khall joined #koha
22:17 caroline_catlady ugh, I love the floating bar, but it messes with my screenshots[…]ng/itemsearch.png
22:27 cait hm yep
22:30 hayley if you are okay with hiding it for the screenshot you can put this in the IntranetUserCSS pref caroline_catlady: #toolbar { display: none; }
22:31 caroline_catlady I was able to make the screenshot without the toolbar in the end. I just had to scroll back to the top hehe! *feels silly* but I also had to deactivate my languages
22:31 caroline_catlady because if it wasnt the top toolbar, it was the language toolbar
22:31 hayley nice :)
22:43 caroline_catlady rangi if you have time, can you guide me through untangling the merge requests for the manual? I got behind and now there are conflicts... (there are even conflicts inside one of my merge requests... not sure how that happened)
22:45 rangi you pretty much have to do it all from the commandline once you get conflicts
22:46 caroline_catlady ah ok....
22:46 caroline_catlady And i found what my own conflict was *feels silly again*
22:46 rangi i'll tidy them up :)
22:47 rangi well you can try clicking the rebase button too, but if that doesnt work command line it is
22:48 rangi im off to lunch now, but i can tidy them up when i get back
22:48 caroline_catlady I know I will have to change some of them because of the images
22:48 caroline_catlady ok i'll try some things now and leave you the rest
23:08 Miguel joined #koha
23:08 Miguel Is there a way to allow a patron to login using his card number rather than an username and password.  I would like to implement a system where a user simply scans his card to login when on site.  Thank you!
23:08 caroline_catlady you have to copy the card number in the username field
23:10 cait Miguel - you mean wihtout using a password?
23:10 cait in the opac both cardnumber and username work - but only in combination with a password
23:10 cait i think there is no way around that, it woudl be deemed insecure
23:10 caroline_catlady rangi: I think I was able to untagle it :D can you still check it to make sure?
23:10 inlibro joined #koha
23:10 cait caroline_catlady++ :)
23:11 hayley caroline_catlady: rangi is at lunch, should be back soon :)
23:11 Guest13351 I want to log in only with the user without a password
23:11 caroline_catlady hayley: just wanted him to see my message :)
23:12 cait Guest13351: that won't work
23:12 cait if a card is lost people could access sensitive data ... i'd not recommend it
23:14 caroline_catlady @later tell rangi I was able to untagle everything I think, can you still check? I also cherry-picked stuff onto 19.11, can you make sure I did everything right?
23:14 huginn` caroline_catlady: The operation succeeded.
23:14 caroline_catlady I'll try to document everything if it's right
23:38 khall joined #koha
23:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #88: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_U18/88/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary