IRC log for #koha, 2019-12-18

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:24 hayley hey kathryn are you around? :)
00:24 kathryn yup!
00:31 liliputech_asu joined #koha
00:38 inlibro joined #koha
01:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #205: STILL UNSTABLE in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/205/
01:38 inlibro joined #koha
01:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #206: STILL UNSTABLE in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/206/
01:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #196: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.11_U18/196/
02:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #206: STILL UNSTABLE in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/206/
02:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #207: STILL UNSTABLE in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/207/
02:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #197: STILL UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.11_U18/197/
02:38 inlibro joined #koha
02:53 JesseM_ joined #koha
03:05 hayley joined #koha
03:39 inlibro joined #koha
04:08 lukeG joined #koha
04:39 inlibro joined #koha
04:46 lavamind joined #koha
05:39 inlibro joined #koha
06:02 chris joined #koha
06:39 inlibro joined #koha
06:54 cait joined #koha
07:23 paul_p joined #koha
07:39 reiveune joined #koha
07:39 reiveune hello
07:39 inlibro joined #koha
07:41 fridolin joined #koha
07:47 magnuse bonojur reiveune et #koha!
07:55 alex_a joined #koha
07:56 alex_a Bonjour
07:58 andreashm joined #koha
08:04 cait joined #koha
08:39 inlibro joined #koha
08:42 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:10 greenjimll joined #koha
09:30 davidnind left #koha
09:40 inlibro joined #koha
09:45 andreashm joined #koha
09:48 alex_a joined #koha
10:01 mifantrax joined #koha
10:04 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:05 mifantrax Hi everyone, i need some help and guidance, we have setup  access to catalog after login, we use 2 authentication methods, username and password or google openid, when a patron opens a direct link to an item and authenticates with username and password they get to the item itself however with openid they get redirected to the opac main page
10:05 mifantrax how could this be solved
10:05 mifantrax Thank a lot!
10:05 nlegrand morgn
10:06 Joubu mifantrax: double check the value of the system preferences OPACBaseURL
10:07 mifantrax it is correct, thank you, searching through similar issues that has seemed to be a common issue but it is setup correctly
10:08 mifantrax this is my value
10:08 mifantrax
10:09 mifantrax it had to be set correctly to make openidwork
10:14 Joubu I think it's a bug. Could you open a bug report?
10:16 alex_a joined #koha
10:16 alex_a__ joined #koha
10:17 cait hm we are noticing more andmore problems with /Locale::Currency::Format
10:17 cait I've emailed the author ages ago but nver heard back... any chance we could replace it?
10:18 cait it just printed rounded fines into notices...
10:18 cait it's used for the formatting of items.fines in overdue notices
10:19 Joubu you should not get a different behavior than before, the module has not been updated since 2015
10:20 ashimema[m] indeed
10:20 cait debian update
10:20 ashimema[m] I was just thinking that
10:20 cait the problem started exactly the day after our debian update - went unnoticed for a while
10:20 cait i think we caught the newest version then
10:21 cait but don't have a reference server to check
10:21 ashimema[m] grr.. no Changes file :(
10:21 Joubu we should actually use the way we format price in the template
10:21 cait i think i know where the error is actually
10:21 cait but it doesn't help... because i can't fix it
10:21 cait[…]lay.html?id=71623
10:21 Joubu Koha::Number::Price, that use Number::Format
10:21 Joubu and use the default currency defined in Koha
10:22 cait TRY has frac_len = 0, which turns into "round to 0 decimal"
10:22 cait i think it would be good to have only one way doing things
10:22 cait overall
10:22 cait we also have had to add "false currency codes" because some of the currencies have the wrong symbol
10:23 cait but therounding is especially annoying - working around it now by adding invalid iso codes
10:23 cait not nice
10:23 ashimema[m] I could probably get you a maintainer bit on that module if you like cait ;)
10:23 ashimema[m] it falls under most of the guidlines for how to take over a module
10:23 cait the module is not overly complicated, someone who accepts changes woudl be nice
10:24 ashimema[m] there's no repo for it linked on metacpan :(
10:25 ashimema[m] interestingly though.. it's fairly high up the cpan river :(
10:26 cait yeah i ws looking into doing a merge/pull request
10:26 cait i don't remember it having an issue tracker last time either - but there is now one
10:27 ashimema[m] well.. it's had one for a while given that the bug you hughligted was reported 8 years ago
10:27 ashimema[m] want me to ask mst for a commit bit?
10:29 cait maybe i missed it back then
10:30 cait not sure what that is
10:30 ashimema[m] it's in effect becoming a second author on the module.. gaining permission to take it over for maintanence
10:30 ashimema[m] I've asked him to remind me what the process is..
10:31 cait i am not sure i could manage it - but i can report our known bugs once this is moving forward
10:31 cait i am not sure about the rounding issue - but the wrong smbols would be a really easy fix
10:32 ashimema[m] ooh.. Lars used to contribute to it
10:32 ashimema[m] he may already have permission.. I can check that
10:32 ashimema[m] nope.. he doesn't
10:40 inlibro joined #koha
10:48 cait going out for lunch for a bit, will be back later
10:48 cait let me know if I can do something
11:27 andreashm joined #koha
11:28 andreashm joined #koha
11:29 andreashm joined #koha
11:30 andreashm joined #koha
11:30 andreashm joined #koha
11:31 andreashm joined #koha
11:31 khall_ joined #koha
11:32 andreashm joined #koha
11:33 andreashm joined #koha
11:40 inlibro joined #koha
11:53 tcohen morning #koha
11:53 fridolin left #koha
11:53 magnuse ¡hola tcohen!
11:56 tcohen where's calire
11:56 wahanui well, calire is playing with jquery to keep myself awake XD
12:00 vfernandes joined #koha
12:00 vfernandes hi #koha
12:04 magnuse i bet calire is eating cake!
12:04 cait she might
12:05 andreashm joined #koha
12:35 alex_a joined #koha
12:36 khall joined #koha
12:40 inlibro joined #koha
12:48 khall joined #koha
12:56 vfernandes any idea how to put ES indexing running in background?
12:56 vfernandes batch actions are too slow...
13:01 vfernandes update_index_brackground method in Koha::SearchEngine::Elasticsearch::Indexer points to update_index
13:03 vfernandes update_index waits until indexing is finished
13:03 vfernandes we need to create some mecanism to improve this methods
13:12 fridolin joined #koha
13:20 oleonard joined #koha
13:21 oleonard Hi #koha
13:22 cait hi oleonard
13:22 wahanui hi oleopard
13:33 theodoros joined #koha
13:36 eythian hi oleopard
13:36 khall joined #koha
13:39 alex_a_ joined #koha
13:40 inlibro joined #koha
13:51 oleonard joined #koha
13:56 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:58 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:58 fridolin joined #koha
14:05 alex_a joined #koha
14:06 caroline_catlady hi everyone!
14:07 oleonard Hi caroline_catlady
14:20 magnuse hiya caroline_catlady and oleonard
14:24 kohaputti ashimema[m], I don't have the skills to re-implement locking for Bug 13193 so if I'm going to do something it should be debian packaging. Have you heard anything from Mirko?
14:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13193 critical, P3, ---, joonas.kylmala, ASSIGNED , Make Memcached usage fork safe
14:28 Marie-Luce joined #koha
14:28 caroline_catlady I just got a message on the French (from France) translation mailing list saying they don't see their translations in the manual, do we know if bernardo has implemented the automatic updates?
14:28 caroline_catlady I admit I'm a biut out of the loop on that particular issue
14:35 lukeG joined #koha
14:40 inlibro joined #koha
14:46 ashimema[m] which manual (koha version), and when did they look and when did they do their translations
14:46 caroline_catlady yup, waiting for that info and I will let you know as soon as I have an answer
14:47 ashimema[m] my understanding is that the language get built nightly but only published on bernardo's server which isn't linked to from anywhere so you have to know it exists..
14:47 caroline_catlady aaah...
14:47 ashimema[m] as for pushing those changes to the public manual, that's a manual process of merging in the changes at release time still.. which may not have happened since they translated.
14:48 ashimema[m] what I'd like to see if the public manuals receive the nightly translations whenever anything changes
14:48 ashimema[m] there's an ongoing discussion in a gitlab issue I believe
14:48 caroline_catlady ok... should all language administrators be able to push the manual changes?
14:49 caroline_catlady I know the france team do translating sessions regularly
14:49 caroline_catlady maybe they could push after the session
14:49 caroline_catlady (they had one session on Monday, so I think that's where the complaint is from)
14:50 ashimema[m] we should automate it rather than asking them to do it
14:51 caroline_catlady I agree
14:51 fridolin joined #koha
14:52 ashimema[m][…]-manual/issues/13
14:52 ashimema[m] see that thread for details of where we're currently at
14:52 ashimema[m] I think we're very nearly there.. just needs some final chasing through but I've lost track of who needs chasing to do what
14:53 ashimema[m] you can of course just go ahead and do a manual merge this once to get it updated and keep your person happy
14:53 caroline_crazycatlady joined #koha
14:53 cait i think we stil didn't fully agree on how to
14:54 caroline_crazycatlady bbl
14:54 cait if we want something quick... we could just have Bernardo push his generated files to the website storage
14:55 cait so we would show his until we figure out how to do it from the main manual repo
15:05 kidclamp joined #koha
15:10 caroline_crazycatlady joined #koha
15:21 cait left #koha
15:41 inlibro joined #koha
15:57 caroline_catlady joined #koha
16:04 fridolin left #koha
16:04 reiveune bye
16:04 reiveune left #koha
16:05 cait joined #koha
16:06 oleonard-away joined #koha
16:07 lisettelatah joined #koha
16:07 oleonard tcohen around?
16:08 Marie-Luce joined #koha
16:20 bdonnahue joined #koha
16:21 Marie-Luce joined #koha
16:24 mtompset joined #koha
16:24 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
16:24 oleonard Hi mtompset, been a while
16:25 mtompset It has.
16:25 mtompset Just upgraded koha -- finally.
16:25 mtompset but plugins seem to be half-broken?
16:25 mtompset It uploads the plug.
16:25 mtompset but then it says no plugins are installed.
16:25 mtompset and the plugins-data table is empty.
16:26 mtompset finding kpz's to test is a pain.
16:26 oleonard mtompset: I tried that recently and found errors in the log which suggested the plugin was the problem
16:26 caroline_catlady
16:27 caroline_catlady to find plugins ^
16:27 oleonard That's neat caroline_catlady !
16:27 caroline_catlady :)
16:27 caroline_catlady Not everything's in there yet, but getting there
16:27 wizzyrea would you consider it a bug to require a notice for every transport in use, otherwise the script stops?
16:28 oleonard mtompset: I tried to add the Koha MARC Record Checker and it didn't work
16:30 marieluce joined #koha
16:31 mtompset okay... cover flow installed and lists.
16:31 mtompset So I guess it really is if the plug in is busted.
16:32 mtompset caroline_catlady++ # thanks for that link.
16:32 caroline_catlady +1
16:33 mtompset do we have a koha-conf upgrade script?
16:33 mtompset something that would allow you to pluck missing xpaths into your existing koha-conf.
16:33 mtompset and show differences for existing ones.
16:35 wizzyrea i thought magnuse had something like that
16:36 mtompset really? That would be handy to know about.
16:36 mtompset I just upgraded from 3.20 to 19.05
16:38 * oleonard gets sympathetic whiplash
16:40 mtompset the upgrade was bumpy.
16:40 mtompset a field or two didn't get created.
16:41 inlibro joined #koha
16:43 Marie-Luce joined #koha
16:43 mtompset out of curiousity...
16:44 mtompset I think I noticed a strange error in the apache log...
16:45 mtompset Config variable ${instance} is not defined
16:49 mtompset ah... that's if plack is enabled.
16:52 tcohen mtompset: MARC checker has an extra dependency that is not pulled automatically by koha-common
16:53 tcohen and there's a script in the devel dir
16:53 tcohen just in case
16:53 tcohen somehow
16:53 tcohen it didn't get installed
16:55 marieluce joined #koha
17:01 oleonard Hi tcohen
17:02 oleonard tcohen: I'm back on Bug 23501 and have a question if you have a moment
17:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23501 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, ASSIGNED , Drag-and-drop hold reordering in the staff client
17:03 khall_ joined #koha
17:14 tcohen oleonard: shoot
17:15 oleonard The API returns some data which isn't end-user friendly, like borrowernumber and itemnumber. What is the best way to translate that data into something useful?
17:16 Joubu :)
17:16 * oleonard suspects Joubu has thoughts
17:18 Joubu I have been waiting for that answer for years
17:18 Joubu however there is something more or less ready I think, tcohen knows
17:33 Marie-Luce joined #koha
17:37 khall joined #koha
17:41 inlibro joined #koha
17:54 * ashimema[m] seems to remember implementing a re-orderable list somewhere which didn't require full page reloads
17:54 * ashimema[m] thinks it might have been stock rotation.. could we not follow that example?
18:04 ashimema[m] It was stock rotation rota stages management
18:10 marieluce joined #koha
18:41 inlibro joined #koha
18:42 mtompset Thanks for the ideas/feedback, tcohen. Good to see everyone here. Greetings, Joubu tcohen ashimema[m]
18:42 mtompset Greetings, wizzyrea :)
19:04 cait joined #koha
19:13 lisettelatah joined #koha
19:20 wizzyrea hi :)
19:41 inlibro joined #koha
19:44 lisettelatah joined #koha
19:54 mtompset wheee.... zh, fr, th, and ms!
19:55 mtompset Now to wait for the "My OPAC is the the wrong language now" :)
19:57 hayley joined #koha
19:57 kathryn joined #koha
20:08 Jessedhammu joined #koha
20:09 Jessedhammu Where is koha development meet happening???
20:10 caroline_catlady Jessedhammu: it is here, but in an hour
20:10 ashimema[m] here
20:10 ashimema[m] in 50 mins.. unless my calendar is wrong
20:10 caroline_catlady 50 minutes, 1 hours... same same but different
20:12 caroline_catlady we scared them
20:12 ashimema[m] seems so
20:13 hayley hehe
20:16 caroline_catlady ashimema[m]: will you talk again about the cycle?
20:30 ashimema[m] only in so much as pointing out the wiki page I started creating to collect ideas and ask for contributions
20:30 * ashimema[m] is tired
20:31 caroline_catlady ok, thanks!
20:31 ashimema[m] https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Versioning_-_Next
20:31 ashimema[m] not had a great deal of time to further that
20:34 caroline_catlady I sent the link over to the team to see if they have comments
20:35 ashimema[m] ta
20:35 cait sorry, going ot miss the meeting today
20:35 cait good night!
20:36 ashimema[m] i tried to just distil what was said at the general meeting into bullet points
20:42 inlibro joined #koha
20:47 davidnind joined #koha
21:00 ashimema[m] #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 18 December 2019
21:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Dec 18 21:00:45 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema[m]. Information about MeetBot at
21:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 18 December 2019)
21:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_18_december_2019'
21:00 ashimema[m] #topic Introductions
21:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 18 December 2019)
21:01 ashimema[m] Please introduce yourselves with #info to appear in the minutes
21:01 ashimema[m] #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
21:01 hayley #info Hayley Mapley, Catalyst IT, Wellington NZ
21:01 aleisha #info Aleisha Amohia, Catalyst IT, Wellington NZ
21:01 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington NZ
21:02 lisettelatah #info Lisette Scheer, Idaho, USA
21:02 ashimema[m] is it not darn early in NZ?
21:02 aleisha 10am :)
21:02 ashimema[m] welcome along, nice to have you guys
21:03 hayley thank you! happy to make it!
21:03 ashimema[m] oh, not so bad
21:03 ashimema[m] still nice to have you :)
21:03 inlibro blou: #info Philippe Blouin, Solutions inLibro, Montréal
21:04 ashimema[m] #topic Announcements
21:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 18 December 2019)
21:05 ashimema[m] #info Stable releases are on their way, thankyou to the new RMaints
21:07 ashimema[m] #info Bugfix only period will be coming to an end shortly, we will start working on pushing enhancements from early January starting with the existing PQA queue and then working through some of the challenging and ambitious bugs.. refactoring efforts for example.. giving us a chance to thoroughly test and fix issues before release
21:07 ashimema[m] Anyone have anything they'd like to add?
21:07 hayley :)
21:08 ashimema[m] #topic Update from the Release manager
21:08 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 18 December 2019)
21:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #208: FAILURE in 35 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/208/
21:09 ashimema[m] #info Cycle has had a good start, lots of bugs working their way through the SO/QA process, great to see a new name on the QA team :)
21:10 ashimema[m] #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
21:10 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 18 December 2019)
21:10 ashimema[m] rmaints?
21:10 wahanui rmaints is fridolin, lucas and wizzyrea
21:10 ashimema[m] ooh..
21:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #207: FAILURE in 12 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/207/
21:10 ashimema[m] wahanui forget rmaints
21:10 wahanui ashimema[m]: I forgot rmaints
21:11 ashimema[m] rmaints is talljoy, lucas, hayley
21:11 ashimema[m] rmaints
21:11 ashimema[m] * rmaints?
21:11 hayley 18.11 is on track to be packaged up on 20th when I go on holiday and released on 23rd - just ironing out the last failures/instabilities now
21:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #198: FAILURE in 31 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.11_U18/198/
21:11 ashimema[m] I think it may just be you tonight hayley
21:11 ashimema[m] thanks :)
21:12 hayley please ignore the chaos :)
21:12 ashimema[m] #info 18.11 is on track to be packaged up on 20th when I go on holiday and released on 23rd - just ironing out the last failures/instabilities now
21:12 ashimema[m] #info 19.05 and 19.11 are scheduled for release on 23rd too
21:13 ashimema[m] You're doing great hayley, thanks for taking on the role :)
21:13 hayley thank you ashimema[m] I have had a lot of support so thank you everyone :)
21:13 davidnind Is packaging going to cause any problems for the maintenance releases?
21:13 kathryn joined #koha
21:14 ashimema[m] good question
21:14 ashimema[m] I've not seen any replies from mirko.. have you hayley?
21:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #209: STILL FAILING in 12 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/209/
21:14 hayley no I haven't, have not been in tough with him yet however
21:15 hayley *touch
21:15 ashimema[m] he was copied into the scheduling round robin
21:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #208: STILL FAILING in 32 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/208/
21:15 ashimema[m] mtj around?
21:16 hayley jenkins is having issues...
21:17 hayley oh then no ashimema[m] no reply from him yet
21:18 ashimema[m] #info Maintanence packaging may be delayed as we'e not managed to contact the packaging manager, tarballs will be available on the 23rd with packages to follow
21:18 ashimema[m] #topic Updates from the QA team
21:18 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 18 December 2019)
21:19 hayley @later tell tcohen hi, are you able to take a look at jenkins? it is having issues: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]iew/Koha%2018.11/
21:19 huginn hayley: The operation succeeded.
21:19 hayley sorry for the interruptions ashimema[m] :)
21:19 ashimema[m] #info Katrin sends her apologies, not feeling well this evening
21:19 ashimema[m] I'm happy to take a look at Jenkins too once the meeting is closed ;)
21:19 hayley oh thank you! :D
21:20 ashimema[m] #info QA is moving along, lots more to do, but it's nice to see the pace picking up again.
21:20 * ashimema[m] is looking forward to well rested QA people in the nw year wo ar super keen to test all the tihngs
21:21 ashimema[m] #topic General development discussion
21:21 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 18 December 2019)
21:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #199: STILL FAILING in 32 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.11_U18/199/
21:22 ashimema[m] #info So, we raised the idea of shaking up release cycles during the last general meeting.. Please take a look at the minutes and contribute you're thoughts to the wiki page
21:22 ashimema[m] #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Versioning_-_Next Cycles Discussion
21:24 ashimema[m] To summarise, with all the things going on the library world at the moment (FOLIO, Acquisitions and Mergers) I think it's important to swing around and ask ourselves as a community what our strengths and weaknesses are and if we can improve anything.
21:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #210: STILL FAILING in 12 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/210/
21:24 davidnind ashimema++
21:25 hayley ashimema[m] sounds good!
21:25 ashimema[m] We discusses release cycle cadence, continious integration/deployment practices, expiriment and stabalise and various other practices..
21:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #209: STILL FAILING in 29 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/209/
21:26 ashimema[m] conversation to date is summarised on that wiki page, please contribute your thoughts there or catch me here if you want to discus anything with a smaller audience before expanding it to the wider groups.
21:26 davidnind always good to have a look around at what other projects are doing, and picking up ideas for improvement
21:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #200: STILL FAILING in 12 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.11_U18/200/
21:27 ashimema[m] anything you wish to raise regarding dev and documentation davidnind ?
21:27 ashimema[m] as in.. hows the translations processes going.. do we need to tie it down any further... are you waiting on anyone for anything
21:27 davidnind not at this stage, caroline_catlady is adding all the bugs to our task list in taiga
21:27 ashimema[m] brill
21:28 caroline_catlady it's slower this week at the office, trying to catch up on docs work
21:28 ashimema[m] ok.. lets move on then unless anyone else wants to take the floor and raise anything.. now's your chance
21:28 davidnind I'll post a summary on the issue about the translation process, and then we need tod ecide what to do I guess
21:29 caroline_catlady There was the message from this morning regarding translations
21:29 caroline_catlady (my morning time sorry)
21:29 davidnind should we try and get release note text added once the bug is pushed to master, rather than trying to do all at once nearer the end?
21:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #211: STILL FAILING in 34 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/211/
21:29 caroline_catlady +1
21:30 * ashimema[m] did sort of try to do it whilst going along last cycle.. but struggled to keep up
21:30 davidnind that helps when working what the issue is about, sometimes it can be hard to work out what the change is about and waht documentation changes are required
21:30 lukeG joined #koha
21:30 ashimema[m] very good idea to raise it again though.
21:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #210: STILL FAILING in 12 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/210/
21:30 ashimema[m] any thoughts on what to concentrate on with that regard
21:30 caroline_catlady I'll try to keep an eye on release notes, and let you know ashimema[m] if there's any bug that should be described more
21:31 ashimema[m] in the last release I tried to ensure all new features had a good summary, then I picked as many enahncements as I could get through and finally I went through looking at bugs for preference changes and db changes that would need report updates
21:31 ashimema[m] :)
21:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #201: STILL FAILING in 31 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.11_U18/201/
21:31 caroline_catlady loved the preferences and reports notes :)
21:31 ashimema[m] this sort of ties into the next topic
21:31 ashimema[m] so...
21:31 lisettelatah I try to add release notes as I see things are PQA. If you want to let me know if you think something needs release notes I'm happy to help with that.
21:32 ashimema[m] awesome
21:32 hayley is there a guide to writing a good release note?
21:32 davidnind great!
21:32 ashimema[m] hmm.. no formal guide yet.. but perhaps we should create one
21:33 ashimema[m] #topic Review of coding guidelines
21:33 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 18 December 2019)
21:33 davidnind if there isn't I'm happy to have a go
21:33 ashimema[m] #idea Should we add some guidlines for writing good summaries for the release notes
21:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #212: STILL FAILING in 12 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/212/
21:34 davidnind can propose something for the next meeting as a coding guideline for the next meeting
21:34 ashimema[m] #idea Should we require summaries for release notes for certain categories of bugs as part of the QA process?
21:35 ashimema[m] #idea Should we require documentation merge requests for certain bug categories as part of the QA process?
21:35 caroline_catlady I'm ambivalent... I fear it would make the process heavier
21:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #211: STILL FAILING in 30 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/211/
21:35 ashimema[m] hmm..
21:36 ashimema[m] not sure it's heavier as much as it's just shifting the 'when' for doing it..
21:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #202: STILL FAILING in 12 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.11_U18/202/
21:37 ashimema[m] I really don't like enhancements and new features going in without any form of documentation at release time
21:37 ashimema[m] and it's a massive task for you guys to write all the docs for everything new in the last days/weeks before release
21:37 caroline_catlady docs is still very behind, but if we can be more involved during the process maybe we could be of help?
21:37 ashimema[m] it also makes testing and qa simpler if we have a clear manual for what the feature is meant to do
21:38 hayley I agree, but then I don't have the QA/Documentation experience
21:38 ashimema[m] indeed.. all QA is 'guidelines' anyway.. so the team won't allow it to hold up code without good reason ;)
21:39 lisettelatah If there are clear guidelines for what it should do, we might be able to get more people to do signoffs.
21:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #213: STILL FAILING in 33 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/213/
21:39 ashimema[m] one of the things I do occasionally for bywater bugs for instance is that I request their educators write docs for a bug before I go ahead and do a final QA run on it.
21:40 davidnind in an ideal world it would be nice to get docs updated soon after bugs are pushed to master , while everything is fresh in everyone's minds
21:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #212: STILL FAILING in 12 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/212/
21:40 ashimema[m] indeed
21:40 davidnind once we get through the backlog... :-D
21:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #203: ABORTED in 29 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.11_U18/203/
21:41 davidnind even an attachment to the bug would be helpful, however it is written
21:42 inlibro joined #koha
21:42 ashimema[m] lets leave those as idea's then and bring it back up next meeting in January
21:43 hayley ++
21:43 aleisha sorry im a bit late but i think it would be cool if it became custom to update those docs. extra work for sure but helpful for everyone and could just become habit after some time
21:44 aleisha but yes can be brought back up in jan!
21:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #214: STILL FAILING in 12 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/214/
21:44 ashimema[m] Yeah.. I'd like to make it a good habbit people get into..
21:44 ashimema[m] rather than just introducing more pain
21:45 ashimema[m] ok.. shall we move on to setting the time of the next meeting
21:45 ashimema[m] #topic Set time of next meeting
21:45 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 18 December 2019)
21:47 davidnind 15th January? (unless you want the 1st of Jan !)
21:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #204: STILL FAILING in 12 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.11_U18/204/
21:47 ashimema[m] I was just thinking the same
21:48 ashimema[m] there's a general meeting on the 8th
21:48 ashimema[m] so yeah.. 15th works
21:48 ashimema[m] nd the general meeting is a later one I believe so the 'flop' to the earlier time for the dev meeting makes sense I think
21:48 ashimema[m] so
21:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #215: STILL FAILING in 12 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/215/
21:49 ashimema[m] Next meeting: 15 January 2020, 14 UTC
21:49 ashimema[m] that suit?
21:49 davidnind +1
21:50 ashimema[m] #info Next meeting: 15 January 2020, 14 UTC
21:50 ashimema[m] #endmeeting
21:50 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
21:50 huginn Meeting ended Wed Dec 18 21:50:20 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
21:50 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-12-18-21.00.html
21:50 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-12-18-21.00.txt
21:50 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]18-21.00.log.html
21:50 ashimema[m] thanks everyone
21:50 davidnind ashimema++
21:50 hayley thanks ashimema[m]!
21:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #213: STILL FAILING in 26 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/213/
21:50 caroline_catlady ashimema++
21:50 lisettelatah ashimema++
21:50 aleisha ashimema++
21:51 ashimema[m] so.. Jenkins
21:51 ashimema[m] looks like the nodes are all down and the master is stuck in a loop
21:51 ashimema[m] I don't have the access to kick that I think
21:51 ashimema[m] so.. we do need tcohen :(
21:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #205: STILL FAILING in 12 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.11_U18/205/
21:51 hayley that's okay!
21:52 ashimema[m] I poked tomas via slack :)
21:53 ashimema[m] he's taking a quick look now
21:55 davidnind left #koha
21:56 koha-jenkins joined #koha
21:57 tcohen hola
21:57 wahanui hello, tcohen
21:57 tcohen just got back home
21:58 khall_ joined #koha
21:58 tcohen what did you all do to poor jenkins?
22:00 ashimema[m] poor thing
22:00 koha-jenkins joined #koha
22:03 tcohen looks like restarting it was enough
22:03 tcohen the nodes have disk space
22:03 tcohen and all checks correct
22:03 tcohen I cannot debug the logs atm
22:03 caroline_catlady[…]eIU8lmo/giphy.gif
22:06 ashimema[m] 😀
22:06 ashimema[m] And on that note.. I'm clocking off
22:06 ashimema[m] Have a good one my #koha friends
22:07 caroline_catlady you too
22:08 caroline_catlady anyone know how I can skip the import of data during the Web installer? I keep getting time outs from my browser OR error messages because the data already exists
22:10 rhamby joined #koha
22:10 khall_ joined #koha
22:12 paul_p joined #koha
22:16 rhamby joined #koha
22:19 phasefx_ joined #koha
22:27 khall_ joined #koha
22:35 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
22:35 wahanui Congratulations!
22:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #214: FIXED in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/214/
22:42 kathryn joined #koha
22:42 inlibro joined #koha
22:42 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
22:42 wahanui Congratulations!
22:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #206: FIXED in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.11_U18/206/
22:43 aleisha \o/ hayley :D
22:44 hayley Yayyyyy
22:47 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
22:47 wahanui Congratulations!
22:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #216: FIXED in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/216/
22:58 Jessedhammu joined #koha
23:08 wizzyrea yay hayley!!
23:08 wizzyrea for whatever we are cheering for I want to participate in cheering!
23:08 khall_ joined #koha
23:33 JesseM joined #koha
23:42 inlibro joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary