IRC log for #koha, 2019-08-07

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:19 kathryn joined #koha
00:21 inlibro joined #koha
00:51 dpk_ joined #koha
01:02 dpk_ joined #koha
01:05 dpk_ joined #koha
01:07 dpk_ joined #koha
01:10 dpk_ joined #koha
01:12 dpk_ joined #koha
01:14 dpk_ joined #koha
01:21 inlibro joined #koha
02:21 inlibro joined #koha
02:49 JesseM joined #koha
03:04 aleisha joined #koha
03:22 inlibro joined #koha
03:47 JesseM joined #koha
03:54 irma_ joined #koha
04:22 inlibro joined #koha
05:15 chris joined #koha
05:22 inlibro joined #koha
06:13 calire joined #koha
06:20 laurence joined #koha
06:22 inlibro joined #koha
06:36 reiveune joined #koha
06:36 reiveune hello
06:36 wahanui kia ora, reiveune
06:49 m23 joined #koha
06:53 alexbuckley joined #koha
06:55 alex_a joined #koha
06:56 alex_a Bonjour
07:01 fridolin joined #koha
07:01 fridolin hi
07:03 m23_ joined #koha
07:09 m23__ joined #koha
07:10 sophie_m joined #koha
07:11 andreashm joined #koha
07:22 inlibro joined #koha
07:29 greenjimll joined #koha
07:50 andreashm joined #koha
08:00 cait joined #koha
08:02 m23 joined #koha
08:10 lds joined #koha
08:10 lds hello
08:10 wahanui what's up, lds
08:23 inlibro joined #koha
08:53 vfernandes joined #koha
09:09 paxed is there a way to add patrons to a patron list from eg. sql report output or from a file?
09:17 davidnind joined #koha
09:23 inlibro joined #koha
09:45 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:01 fridolin joined #koha
10:23 inlibro joined #koha
10:32 andreashm joined #koha
10:32 laurence left #koha
11:02 kidclamp joined #koha
11:08 andreashm joined #koha
11:23 inlibro joined #koha
11:30 fridolin joined #koha
11:32 oleonard joined #koha
11:34 oleonard paxed still around?
11:36 paxed oleonard: yea?
11:36 oleonard Hi, I just saw your question in the log about patron lists
11:36 oleonard It's a question I had too when working on Bug 23206
11:36 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23206 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to master , Batch patron modification from reports which return cardnumber
11:37 paxed also found out adding about 5k patrons to the patron list (directly via db) made the UI... not "responsive" :)
11:37 oleonard My trouble was that the frontend-only approach I was taking couldn't accommodate the intermediate step of selecting a list to add to
11:38 oleonard I don't have any suggestion, just wanted you to know others are thinking about it too
11:38 paxed oleonard: thanks
11:40 * oleonard had hoped to do more with that bug than ended up being possible
11:44 alex_a joined #koha
12:04 andreashm joined #koha
12:10 andreashm joined #koha
12:12 andreash_ joined #koha
12:23 inlibro joined #koha
12:44 corilynn why are the sandboxes doing webinstaller now?
12:53 kidclamp I think it is because of the subtitle move - the biblios don't import so the repos need updating
12:54 kidclamp but I can't get to our server right now
12:56 andreashm joined #koha
12:59 thd joined #koha
13:01 JesseM joined #koha
13:01 corilynn and i've somehow already run out of disk space on my local one.. ugh
13:05 thd Is there a meeting now?
13:07 cait i think so
13:07 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_7_August_2019
13:08 cait but it doesn't look like a full agenda
13:08 cait or more an empty one
13:08 thd high holiday season.
13:09 ashimema ooh.. sorry
13:09 ashimema I got distracted
13:09 ashimema #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019
13:09 huginn` Meeting started Wed Aug  7 13:09:44 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at
13:09 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:09 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019)
13:09 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_7_august_2019'
13:09 ashimema #chair cait
13:09 huginn` Current chairs: ashimema cait
13:10 ashimema #tpic Introductions
13:10 JesseM joined #koha
13:10 cait hey :)
13:10 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
13:10 ashimema * #topic Introductions
13:10 ashimema #topic Introductions
13:10 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019)
13:10 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
13:10 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
13:10 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
13:10 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
13:11 ashimema #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_7_August_2019 Agenda
13:12 ashimema #topic Announcements
13:12 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019)
13:12 cait none from me
13:12 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
13:12 kidclamp Registration is open  for Koha-US conference
13:12 kidclamp[…]nces/kohacon2019/
13:13 ashimema #info We are now into the RM's period of pushing larger new features and enhancements
13:13 ashimema #info Registration is open for the Koha-US Conference
13:13 ashimema #link[…]nces/kohacon2019/ Koha-US
13:13 ashimema any more for any more?
13:13 Joubu sandboxes are down apparently
13:14 ashimema How did community day go in the end.. I didn't manage to spend as much time on it as I would have liked
13:14 kidclamp they should be working now
13:14 Joubu the fix I wrote for misc4dev should be applied to the sandbox .sql files
13:14 ashimema seem to be working
13:14 kidclamp it was just the db server needed a kick
13:14 Joubu ha, great then!
13:14 kidclamp DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/ line 273
13:14 kidclamp we get that smetimes
13:14 ashimema not sure about the biblibre ones?
13:14 fridolin they are ok
13:14 fridolin http://pro.user01-koha.sandbox[…]n/koha/
13:15 ashimema brill
13:15 fridolin we will clone 20 of them for the HackFest ;)
13:15 ashimema #topic Update from the release manager
13:15 Topic for #koha is now Update from the release manager (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019)
13:15 cait fridolin: you might want to look into the newer system for the hackfest - they can do way more
13:15 ashimema Things are all moving along.. the PQA queue seems to be staying fairly minimal though.. not much for me to push ;)
13:16 cait i tihnk only thing to add would be translations
13:16 ashimema #info The RM is waiting on the PQA to fill up again.. it's currently very sparse
13:16 fridolin cait: surely i'll try to get it ready
13:16 ashimema I've caught up after being away last week
13:17 ashimema I could work with fridolin (or another biblibre person) to add translations to the new snadboxes perhaps..
13:17 ashimema at hackfest (assuming I get the go ahead to attend from the pwers that be)
13:17 ashimema #topic Update from the release maintainers
13:17 Topic for #koha is now Update from the release maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019)
13:18 ashimema frido, your up ;)
13:18 * fridolin will  be on vacantions for 2 week
13:18 fridolin do release will be around the 27th
13:18 ashimema #info Fridolin with be on vacation for 2 weeks during the next months cycle, release on 27th is still planned but could be a little sparse
13:19 fridolin I follow master closely now, 19.05 is up to date
13:19 ashimema :)
13:19 fridolin as stable as possible
13:19 cait we got a lot of open issues
13:19 ashimema #info 19.05 is fully up to date at this point, good work Fridolin
13:20 cait we need to get ready for pushing
13:20 ashimema any other rmaints around?
13:20 fridolin cait: an example ?
13:20 ashimema agreed cait.. I was going to bring that up during QA update ;)
13:20 ashimema #topic Update from the qa team
13:20 Topic for #koha is now Update from the qa team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019)
13:20 ashimema as we've already moved on.. why not topic it ;)
13:21 ashimema #link Dashboard
13:21 cait not fully prepared yet
13:21 cait I've been out a lot during the last month and haven't fully caught up yet, also sorry for missing 2 QA emails
13:21 cait i plan to start sending them next Monday again
13:21 ashimema the 'majors' number in the bug tracker health is fairly high..
13:21 cait the dashboard seems to be missing the project health bit?
13:22 ashimema it's there for me..
13:22 cait oh, must have been my browser, back now
13:22 cait yes, it's way too high
13:22 cait there are also some worrying things reported on the mailing list
13:23 ashimema 14 NEW in that category worries me a little.
13:23 cait yeah, we are too low on bug fixing devs
13:23 cait also QA... basically things are very slow right now, and people are not focusing on bugs
13:23 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:23 * ashimema is trying to get to some of them, but is also busy with the day job at the minute
13:23 inlibro joined #koha
13:24 cait Joubu: do you have the bug number for th eone you were working on? the invalid XML?
13:24 Joubu bug 23398?
13:24 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23398 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Exporting/Reimporting frameworks in XML format will give incomplete results
13:24 cait that one is not nice either
13:24 cait was thinking about the one you did the debug patch for
13:25 Joubu I'd suggest to disable the feature if it's a long standing bug
13:25 cait as long as the other imports/exports are ok, disabling one format would be a good first measure
13:25 Joubu bug 23425
13:25 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23425 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Search explodes with "invalid data, cannot decode object"
13:26 cait yeah, i think 2 reports of this on the mailing list at least by ow?
13:26 cait so yeah.... lots of work waiting
13:27 Joubu at least 3
13:28 JesseM joined #koha
13:28 ashimema should those all be escalated.. they're both marked as 'low' priority at the moment
13:29 Joubu priority is not used
13:29 * ashimema notes.. it's nice to have Joubu back :)
13:29 cait we don't use the priority setting
13:29 thd SQL dump is the only 'safe' format for working with large Koha MARC or UNIMARC frameworks.
13:29 * cait thinks that too
13:29 cait thd: I've always used the open office one without issues
13:29 Joubu still not fully back, but a bit more than last month :)
13:30 * ashimema realises he was reading the wrong part of the line
13:30 cait although there seems to be an issue with the cache not being refreshed, fixed by one manual edit in 18.11
13:30 ashimema I see they're already 'critical' and 'major'
13:30 ashimema my bad
13:30 ashimema any more for the QA update cait?
13:30 thd I would qualify 'safe' by being the native format.
13:31 cait sorry, not atm - haven't my bugs sorted yet
13:31 ashimema ok.. shall we move on then
13:31 ashimema #topic General development discussion
13:31 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019)
13:31 ashimema I bet we don't have alex_a again
13:32 ashimema #topic Discussion regarding workflows for maintaining and enhancement Mana-KB
13:32 Topic for #koha is now Discussion regarding workflows for maintaining and enhancement Mana-KB (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019)
13:32 ashimema #info Postponed, likely to take place in person at Hackfest
13:32 JesseM Morning all
13:32 fridolin good idea
13:32 ashimema #topic Git repository splitting and cleanup
13:32 Topic for #koha is now Git repository splitting and cleanup (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019)
13:33 ashimema this one is still hanging around from last meeting you attended Joubu..
13:33 wizzyrea @info Liz Rea
13:33 huginn` wizzyrea: Error: The command "info" is available in the Factoids and RSS plugins.  Please specify the plugin whose command you wish to call by using its name as a command before "info".
13:33 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
13:33 ashimema did you want to say anytihng about it.. ?
13:33 wizzyrea #info Liz Rea
13:33 Joubu waiting something from me?
13:33 alex_a ashimema ?
13:33 wahanui well, ashimema is RMaint for 18.05 ?
13:33 cait i tihnk we had agreed on gathering pros and cons for each method
13:33 cait on the wiki
13:33 ashimema did you have any updates on your progres on playing with git splitting and shrinking?
13:33 cait we were not clear about possible consequences
13:34 JesseM #info Jesse Maseto
13:34 Joubu I thought we agreed years ago on what needed to be done :)
13:34 ashimema anything you wanted to solicit feedback on
13:34 lukeG joined #koha
13:34 cait i think we agreed on 'we need to do sth' but not on the exact method yet
13:34 ashimema I think we need to lay out exactly what the consequences are for everyone a bit more clearly on the relevant wiki page
13:34 Joubu I tried but failed, my laptop is not powerful enough, the CPU almost burnt after the 4 cores were working at 100%
13:35 ashimema OK.. we'll come back around to it.. perhaps another one for Hackfest.
13:35 Joubu The different steps on the wiki must be redone to get the current numbers. Does anyone have access to a powerful machine?
13:35 ashimema #info Another topic to work through at Hackfest.. documenting consequences and attempting to do a proof of concept.
13:36 ashimema I may run up a massive temporary machine to try it.
13:36 cait mine is on th ebrink of dying :(
13:36 kidclamp what's the wiki link Joubu? Khall has a big machine for unit testing, possibly he could do that
13:36 Joubu https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_and_Shrinking
13:36 ashimema alex_a.. I basically wanted to solicit feedback on how we want to handle mana-kb maintanence (i.e things are going through BZ at the moment.. but SO and QA on that whole area is 'in the dark'.. )
13:37 ashimema #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_and_Shrinking Git Splitting
13:37 Joubu the `git gc` commands are super slow (more than 3h each), at least on my laptop
13:37 alex_a ashimema, let's go
13:37 fridolin I'm interested in this point for HF
13:37 ashimema HF? fridolin?
13:37 fridolin HackFest ;)
13:37 Joubu high five
13:37 ashimema what's HF?
13:38 fridolin I mean git splitting
13:38 ashimema oh.. git
13:38 ashimema yes.. it's really important for things like hackfest
13:39 ashimema shall we come back around to mana-kb (and hea)
13:39 ashimema #topic Discussion regarding workflows for maintaining ManaKB and other side projects
13:39 Topic for #koha is now Discussion regarding workflows for maintaining ManaKB and other side projects (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019)
13:40 cait i'd still really like to get some names on the wiki :)
13:40 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]te_Administration
13:40 ashimema #info Currently there is a project in bugzilla for ManaKB (service side) and ManaKB (koha side)..  The service side stuff is hard for people to SO and QA.. we need a method defined.
13:41 ashimema #info Also, we need https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]te_Administration updating to name whose responsible for HEA and ManaKB services.
13:41 ashimema #info There are some bugfixes waiting for merge into HEA for a few months
13:41 ashimema So.. any thoughts alex_a ?
13:42 ashimema I feel it needs driving from the closest parties to start with.. i.e. you and perhaps me..
13:43 ashimema I'm currently working on the same principals as koha main.. i.e SO and QA steps required.. but.. as we're lacking any real install docs doing SO and QA is challenging at best..
13:43 ashimema we could perhaps drop to just a QA step whilst it's a fledgling project..
13:43 ashimema is it just you.. or are there any other contributors at present
13:44 Joubu lds is going to give my access back to the Hea server. I will apply the patches as soon as I can.
13:44 cait Joubu++
13:44 ashimema Are you happy with that Joubu.. it will be nice to have you onboard of course
13:45 ashimema but I'm still looking at long term maintanence.. it would be good to document a workflow somewhere for these things.
13:45 alex_a ashimema, what is the problem with SOing or QAing Mana server side patches ?
13:45 ashimema and encourage more contributors
13:45 Joubu I am not, otherwise I would have applied it when I wrote the patch. The idea was to get other people onboard (for test and review)
13:45 ashimema well.. how do we SO and QA them if we don't have access to a server with patches applied..?
13:45 ashimema cait, thoughts...
13:45 ashimema I thought things we're held up..
13:45 Joubu install locally and try :)
13:45 cait the same... we don't know who is responsible, we can't test...
13:46 alex_a ashimema, patches can be tested by creating a local Mana instance
13:46 cait Joubu: installation instructions?
13:46 Joubu in the git repo
13:46 alex_a Yep
13:46 alex_a Just follow README instructions
13:46 cait at the moment, i would not even know who to talk to :)
13:46 cait especially for hea
13:47 Joubu I am talking for Haa, I have never managed to install the mana server :)
13:47 Joubu Hea*
13:47 alex_a If it doesn't work, yell ALEX!
13:47 ashimema hea is easy enough to install.. I have done it myself too.. though having data in it isn't as easy..
13:47 ashimema ooh.. there is a readme in mana now..
13:47 ashimema I hadn't seen that before..
13:48 alex_a Mmh Mana runs on Dancer2, like HEA
13:48 alex_a ashimema, ^
13:48 alex_a So installing could not be too hard
13:48 cait i tihnk the issue is mostly docs and communication righ tnow
13:49 cait as always
13:49 ashimema QA wise.. we also don't have any guidlines ;)
13:49 cait alex_a: could you add some content to the wiki page to start with?
13:49 alex_a cait, i can
13:49 cait thx :)
13:49 cait i am ont sure if the qa team will be up to it right now... installing another full application
13:49 ashimema a good example is the lack of tests.. there's hardly any in mana server as far as I can remember.. should that be qa failure ;)
13:49 Joubu ashimema: follow the gitlab process, as we do for dashboard, misc4dev, etc.
13:49 cait i'd be ok if we had alex_a verify changes maybe?
13:50 Joubu "waiting for an approver"
13:50 ashimema alex_a is writing most of the changes cait ;)
13:50 ashimema as far as I can tell
13:50 cait maybe name a second one to cover?
13:50 ashimema so.. do we want to switch back to using gitlab for mana server issues entirely then..
13:51 ashimema it's having stuff in two places that I struggle with
13:51 alex_a So i can stop to write patches for Mana ....
13:51 alex_a joke*
13:51 ashimema lol
13:51 ashimema also.. as far as rolling out changes..
13:51 tcohen hola
13:52 cait just ont sure if we have staff for full qa process right now for changes not directly made to koha but other apps
13:52 ashimema we already have some cases of bus in koha side that rely on patches in mana side being applied at the same time..
13:52 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
13:52 ashimema we need a process for that..
13:52 cait true
13:52 ashimema are you at Hackfest alex_a
13:52 ashimema perhaps we could come up with something together there?
13:52 cait i think we need to coordinate with alex_a, so those can be applied to the test server?
13:53 alex_a ashimema, all things on Mana server side could be tested without Koha. Just use API. So, server side patches should be wrote first ?
13:53 ashimema other way around...
13:54 ashimema there are patches waiting for QA/SO in Koha which rely on changes in Mana happening..
13:54 ashimema we either need backwards compataility or to ensure updates happen in suitable timeframes
13:55 ashimema bug 23075 for example
13:55 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23075 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, BLOCKED , Incorrect URL should have a meaningful error message
13:55 alex_a We need a versioned api imo
13:55 oleonard joined #koha
13:56 ashimema yup, agreed
13:56 ashimema and asap
13:56 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
13:56 ashimema bug 23121
13:56 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23121 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , The Mana API needs versioning
13:56 alex_a ashimema, yes. That could be the only next step
13:57 ashimema shall we move on and continue this discussion at hackfest
13:57 ashimema done
13:57 ashimema #topic Review of coding guidlines
13:57 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidlines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019)
13:58 alex_a ashimema, will you attend to hf ?
13:58 ashimema I hope to alex_a
13:58 ashimema #topic SQL12 Updates to enforce booleans
13:58 Topic for #koha is now SQL12 Updates to enforce booleans (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019)
13:59 ashimema tcohen and Joubu  are we moving forward on that one..
13:59 alex_a I agree for a Mana versioned API topic at the hackfest
13:59 ashimema :)
13:59 Joubu yup
14:00 Joubu the discussion was over iirc
14:00 Joubu was not it?
14:00 ashimema the issue in the qa tools was never merged
14:01 ashimema and eythian came up with a reasonable alternative using SQL comments in the kohastructure file
14:01 ashimema I liked his idea
14:01 Joubu so we duplicate the info?
14:02 ashimema Shall I draw up a clarification on the guidline?
14:02 ashimema do we duplicate the info?
14:03 Joubu I need to read again the whole stuff
14:03 ashimema I think the issue was that not all tinyint(1) are used as boolean..
14:04 ashimema so the idea was to require an sql comment to explicitly state if the tinyint was being used as boolean or not.. and then we can use that to check if the corresponding dbix:class lines are present or not
14:04 oleonard_ joined #koha
14:04 ashimema so yes.. recording twice in a way I suppose..
14:04 ashimema but recording twice to prevent false positives
14:05 Joubu we are duplicating the info if there is a comment in .sql and the is_boolean flag in the schema file
14:05 ashimema sure I saw tcohen a few minutes ago
14:05 ashimema it's the 'is not boolean' case which is going to trigger..
14:06 ashimema perhaps we could adapt the current QA submission to require either the 'is_boolean' in the dbic file or 'is_not_boolean' in the .sql file..
14:06 Joubu to make the QA script pass, that's it?
14:06 ashimema that would prevent false failure
14:06 ashimema correct
14:06 cait he said hi
14:07 ashimema I see the guidline has already been updated
14:07 ashimema okies.. so it's just the QA script change that needs merging
14:07 Joubu I think we should just ensure the presence of is_boolean in the schema file
14:08 ashimema lets merge it as is and then we can deal with any false warning if/when we want to
14:08 Joubu is_boolean is a boolean flag, so can be 0
14:08 Joubu :D
14:08 ashimema oh.. so it is!
14:08 ashimema doh ;)
14:08 ashimema cool.
14:08 ashimema sorted
14:09 oleonard I'd like to talk about JS coding guidelines if there is time
14:09 Joubu so l.112: grep 'is_boolean' instead of grep 'is_boolean => 0' and we are done
14:09 ashimema yup.. that's next on my list oleonard..
14:09 Joubu '=> 1' erk
14:09 ashimema any second
14:10 ashimema hehe
14:10 ashimema yup, that would be great Joubu
14:11 ashimema moving on
14:11 ashimema #topic Revise JavaScript coding guideline JS8 to recommend ESLint;
14:11 Topic for #koha is now Revise JavaScript coding guideline JS8 to recommend ESLint; (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019)
14:12 ashimema all your oleonard, please take the floor :)
14:12 oleonard Thanks. I'm talking about coding guideline JS8: Follow guidelines set by JSHint
14:12 oleonard I'd like to revise that to recommend eslint, which seems to be a more common standard now
14:13 oleonard I don't know how many people are already linting their JS, but I find it very helpful
14:13 oleonard I'd like to continue to submit JS cleanup patches following the eslint recommendations
14:13 oleonard Proposed configuration:
14:14 oleonard I don't know if it's something we need to vote on, but I wanted to talk about it in case anyone had any objections or recommendations
14:14 ashimema it gets a +1 from me
14:14 ashimema would be nice to link to a page on how to install eslint in one's favourite editor
14:15 oleonard Sure, I know it's widely supported
14:15 ashimema indeed.. though I've not actually got it running in my vi myself yet
14:16 oleonard If anyone here works with others who are the JS experts at your org I'd love to hear their comments too if they want
14:17 fridolin I think it would be jajm at Biblibre
14:17 * ashimema will poke andrewish
14:17 fridolin I'm a total noob at JS
14:17 * oleonard still feels like one
14:17 fridolin ^^
14:18 oleonard So... take a vote at next meeting maybe?
14:19 ashimema sounds good to me.
14:19 * ashimema looks at his vimrc and find he's already got eslint enabled.. just not configured with anything
14:20 * oleonard relinquishes the floor
14:22 oleonard The floor? ...Anyone?
14:22 ashimema #infoJS8 changes will be put to the vote next meeting
14:22 ashimema so.. that just leaves us with
14:23 ashimema #topic Set time of next meeting
14:23 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 August 2019)
14:24 ashimema Do we want one in another two weeks.. or as it's summer hols time shall we wait a month?
14:24 inlibro joined #koha
14:24 Joubu quickly, I rebased bug 15522. It's ready for testing.
14:24 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15522 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , New interface for revamped circulation rules
14:24 tcohen two weeks ashimema
14:24 Joubu only 1 dependency missing
14:25 ashimema #info bug 15522 is ready for testing.. please go forth
14:25 ashimema 21st August then..
14:25 ashimema it'll probably be a nice quick one.. I hope
14:26 kidclamp bug 23407
14:26 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23407 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , XSLT Details pages don't use items, we shouldn't pass them
14:26 kidclamp bug 23414
14:26 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23414 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , Improve performance of C4/XSLT/buildKohaItemsNamespace
14:27 kidclamp these are both fairly simple patches that give a nice boost to search restuls
14:27 ashimema 21 August 2019, 19:30 UTC work for people?
14:27 cait ok
14:27 kidclamp +1
14:27 tcohen +1
14:27 oleonard +1
14:28 Joubu :30?
14:28 Joubu +1 for me
14:28 ashimema we went with half past to make it a tad nicer for the NZ peeps I believe
14:28 Joubu if you do not break the meeting bot with that :30 :D
14:29 calire left #koha
14:29 ashimema #info Next meeting: 21 August 2019, 19:30 UTC
14:29 thd 30 fell between two competing times in question for moving between winter time settings and summer time
14:29 tcohen Joubu: I have a link to a nice regexp tutorial
14:29 tcohen :-P
14:29 ashimema I think it worked last time.. maybe i just didn't notice
14:29 ashimema #endmeeting
14:29 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:29 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Aug  7 14:29:55 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:29 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-08-07-13.09.html
14:29 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-08-07-13.09.txt
14:29 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]07-13.09.log.html
14:30 ashimema thanks everyone
14:30 oleonard ashimema++
14:30 thd I know that we have sometimes moved in the wrong direction as clocks have been adjusted for summer time.
14:32 thd s/wrong direction/an inconsistent direction for expressed preferences/
14:43 oleonard kidclamp still around?
14:43 kidclamp yes
14:44 oleonard I missed the @later you sent earlier... close the tab too quickly
14:44 kidclamp did I sent one?
14:44 kidclamp question about RSS. Bug 16111 - still on your radar for someday?
14:44 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16111 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Patch doesn't apply , RSS feed for OPAC search results has wrong content type
14:46 oleonard I was hoping Joubu could take a look at that one. I asked here but I should have commented on the bug.
14:49 Joubu oleonard: will do
14:49 oleonard Thanks!
14:49 oleonard Joubu++
14:50 cait I'll be back tomorrow on QA i hope
14:50 cait bye all
15:01 fridolin left #koha
15:01 reiveune bye
15:01 reiveune left #koha
15:07 lisettelatah joined #koha
15:10 * oleonard biab
15:24 inlibro joined #koha
16:12 lisettelatah joined #koha
16:22 davidnind left #koha
16:23 corilynn hypothetically, if someone were to perhaps (in desperation) delete the miscsomethingorother folder from the kohadevbox at the root level would that perhaps effect the webserver from working?
16:24 inlibro joined #koha
16:26 caroline_catlady corilynn: asking for a friend? ;)
16:26 corilynn exactly
16:27 corilynn I wish there were better instructions for resizing the kohadevbox, or if the kohadevbox setup had a step in there for making the image much larger to start with
17:05 wizzyrea corilynn, yes
17:05 wizzyrea yes it would
17:10 tcohen corilynn, wizzyrea there's a pull request from last night implementing image resize for kohadevbox, it is in need for testers
17:10 tcohen :-D
17:24 inlibro joined #koha
17:45 corilynn ok, please point me at it, tcohen
17:46 bpmcneilly joined #koha
17:47 tcohen corilynn: hmm, I got it wrong, mtompset hasn't submitted it yet
17:48 tcohen it was just the debian version shift
17:48 tcohen[…]erge_requests/282
17:49 corilynn i'm ready when it does get submitted, tcohen & mtompset
17:49 corilynn I'll be your "clueless user"
17:49 corilynn a role I was born to play
17:56 oleonard joined #koha
18:19 bpmcneilly oleonard: Just to confirm on your comment on my bug, an example of the dropdown in the staff client would be something like the logged in user dropdown on the staff client? Or, is there a better example to verify?
18:19 oleonard Yes, that's a good example.
18:20 oleonard (sorry to have left you hanging with that bug for so long)
18:20 bpmcneilly Oh, no problem. We'd initially talked about me filing this bug forever ago!
18:21 bpmcneilly I'll add this back to the ticket, but yeah the same issue is occuring. The role of menu is there on the root ul element, but the menuitem roles aren't present, and the keyboard focus paradigm isn't right
18:21 bpmcneilly (if role="menu" is being used, you only wnat one focusable element within the menu)
18:21 bpmcneilly I'll take a look at bootstrap 4
18:21 oleonard If it's not correct in the Bootstrap 4 examples we'll have to look at doing our own fix
18:23 bpmcneilly From their 4.0 docs on accessibility:[…]ed/accessibility/
18:23 bpmcneilly "Because Bootstrap’s components are purposely designed to be fairly generic, authors may need to include further ARIA  roles and attributes, as well as JavaScript behavior, to more  accurately convey the precise nature and functionality of their  component."
18:23 bpmcneilly So, I'm not terribly confident, based on that language, but who knows
18:24 oleonard Seems like menu behavior should be cut-and-dried, but maybe they don't think so.
18:24 inlibro joined #koha
18:30 bpmcneilly Hmm, so it looks like they've removed the role entirely in 4.3
18:30 bpmcneilly "Bootstrap's dropdowns, on the other hand, are designed to be generic and applicable to a variety of situations and markup structures. For instance, it is possible to create dropdowns that contain additional inputs and form controls, such as search fields or login forms. For this reason, Bootstrap does not expect (nor automatically add) any of the `role` and `aria-` attributes required for true menus. Authors will have to include th
18:30 bpmcneilly e specific attributes themselves."
18:31 bpmcneilly So, if the plan is to upgrade to 4.x, it looks like the question is whether to include the role of "menu" and manually implement that, or rely on their current implementation (which, doesn't seem BAD, just different than what's in the code now)
18:43 lukeG left #koha
19:18 cait joined #koha
19:24 inlibro joined #koha
20:23 caroline_catlady is it expected that fines in issuing rules have 6 decimals?
20:25 caroline_catlady It's causing problems when you're trying to pay
20:25 inlibro joined #koha
20:25 caroline_catlady I don't know if some currencies have more that 2 decimals for money
20:28 andreashm joined #koha
20:29 cait can you explain a bit more what happened?
20:29 cait i think we always have 6 decimals in db. but it should not be visible in the gui
20:30 caroline_catlady a client had put in 0.251 in the fines in the circ rules (not sure how it happened, if it was a typo or what)
20:30 caroline_catlady but then, when they came to pay, the payment would be blocked because of the extra decimal
20:30 cait hm yeah, you should not be able to enter that i think
20:31 cait everywhere else defaults to 2
20:31 caroline_catlady I don't see how else it coulld have gotten in there
20:32 cait do they have db access?
20:32 caroline_catlady no
20:32 caroline_catlady I just tried to input 0.251 and it doesn't block me
20:32 cait doing the same right now :)
20:33 cait but it displays only 2
20:33 cait that's not good
20:34 caroline_catlady do you want me to report a bug?
20:36 caroline_catlady there is bug 17140 that is similar
20:36 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17140 major, P5 - low, ---, philippe.blouin, Failed QA , Incorrect rounding in total fines calculations, part 2
20:40 cait hm never worked on this one
20:40 cait my feeling is we should probably validate
20:41 caroline_catlady there is lots of discussion on the bug but no one seem to want to go forward with a fix
20:41 caroline_catlady and it's been open since 2016!
20:46 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:25 inlibro joined #koha
22:25 inlibro joined #koha
23:25 inlibro joined #koha
23:41 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary