IRC log for #koha, 2019-05-15

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #272: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D9/272/
01:06 dpk_ joined #koha
04:59 sophie_m joined #koha
05:01 chris joined #koha
05:16 ashimema cait
05:16 ashimema That'll be the push of bug 22893, it's an expected conflict which should be trivial to now rebase. 😊
05:16 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22893 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , contributors.yaml not correctly copied
05:16 ashimema I'll get onto it first thing this morning
05:30 cait joined #koha
05:31 Margaret joined #koha
05:40 ashimema done
05:45 davidnind joined #koha
05:46 calire joined #koha
05:56 cait ashimema++ :)
06:14 cait right, bbiab :)
06:44 davidnind left #koha
06:47 AndrewIsh joined #koha
06:48 magnuse \o/
06:50 alex_a joined #koha
06:51 alex_a bonjour
06:54 paxed hmm... does saving an institution borrower still force a Gender: N in master?
06:58 reiveune joined #koha
06:59 reiveune hello
07:03 cait joined #koha
07:06 cait good morning #koha
07:07 magnuse kia ora cait!
07:08 cait kia ora magnuse :)
07:31 fridolin joined #koha
07:31 fridolin hi
07:31 wahanui kia ora, fridolin
07:31 fridolin tout pareil wahanui
07:37 Frank_Purcell joined #koha
07:37 cait joined #koha
07:38 Frank_Purcell Good morning everyone =)
07:39 magnuse hiya Frank_Purcell
07:40 Frank_Purcell So im attempting to install Koha from scratch, manually, without much linux technical knowledge. So will probably get stuck and ask quite a few questions today.
07:48 paul_p joined #koha
07:48 magnuse Frank_Purcell: you are using the debian packages, right?
07:49 Frank_Purcell yip I have downloaded debian 9.9.0 (stretch) and reading the installation manually now, im sure its pretty clean cut but I would like to go through it slowly to make sure I dont mess anything up
07:50 Frank_Purcell im installing it on a Windows 10 64bit machine, through virtual box.
07:51 Frank_Purcell Once tested and confirmed to be working, and accessible via the web, then i will rent a server and reinstall on that
08:00 magnuse sounds like a good plan :-)
08:28 Frank_Purcell I am in the installation process for debian, towards the end, it is asking me to select a package manager, but the 5 which i have tried all end up saying "Access is not available right now"
08:29 Frank_Purcell Is it fine to continue without selecting a package manager mirror?
08:30 Frank_Purcell is there a Koha repository/ package manager?
08:33 magnuse Frank_Purcell: you set that up in this part of the process: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]p_package_sources
08:42 Frank_Purcell ahhh, brilliant. I thought i needed to do it during the OS installation. Thanks @magmuse
08:45 cait magnuse++ :)
09:24 fridolin joined #koha
09:42 Frank_Purcell should i follow a suit or a codename? if i follow a suite - will it automatically update, and potential new versions may have additional bugs
09:46 cait did you se the wiki page epxlaining about this? sec
09:50 Frank_Purcell im following the guide as magnuse linked above, but it tells us to choose between a suite which automatically updates, or a version number which is static and needs manual updates. Im just thinking there might be unwanted bugs if it automatically updates, or will it only update to a completely stable version once released
09:51 magnuse there will always be bugs :-)
09:53 magnuse if you follow the stable suite you will suddenly be upgraded from e.g. 18.11.x to 19.05.00
09:53 magnuse so it sounds like you want to follow oldstable or a codename, like 18.11
09:54 magnuse if you follow oldstable you will be upgraded from 18.11.x to something like 19.05.06, when the time comes
09:54 * ashimema generally suggests following oldstable if you want the tried and tested version
09:54 magnuse yeah, i think that makes sense from what you say, Frank_Purcell
09:56 Frank_Purcell @magnuse thank you so much
09:56 huginn` Frank_Purcell: downloading the Perl source
10:12 Frank_Purcell okay i feel like a fool, i cant seem to get the first line to work...
10:12 magnuse which first line?
10:12 Frank_Purcell wget -q -O- | sudo apt-key add -
10:13 Frank_Purcell command not found >.<
10:13 magnuse which command?
10:14 Frank_Purcell -basg: sudo: command not found
10:14 Frank_Purcell -bash**
10:14 magnuse ah, sounds like you need to install sudo and make yourself able to do sudo
10:16 magnuse i often follow the descriptions for debian here:[…]ited-user-account
10:17 Frank_Purcell installation of sudo hasnt been mentioned in any of the guides ive seen, i thought it was a preinstalled part of linux. perhaps i messed up during linux debian installation?
10:20 magnuse looks like it is not installed by default on newer debians
10:20 Frank_Purcell -bash adduser: command not found
10:20 vfernandes joined #koha
10:22 magnuse that might only work with sudo?
10:38 Frank_Purcell i definitely need to make a complete installation guide once i get this right. all guides start at different points, and none that i have found regarding Koha actually start with the debian installation selections. they all start where your OS is up and running with everything you need pre-installed.
10:48 cait Frank_Purcell: OS can change.. and people use different, we usually don't make this part of the Koha instructions
10:54 Frank_Purcell i completely understand, but i still believe including this in an installation guide will allow many more people to use Koha. its actually not too much work, but you need to know specifically how to do it on each OS. there is quite a bit more guidance on Ubuntu as opposed to Debian.
10:59 m23_ joined #koha
11:09 m23_ hello Koha
11:12 m23_ joined #koha
11:31 oleonard joined #koha
11:31 oleonard Hey
11:39 magnuse hi oleonard
11:39 wahanui hi oleopard
11:40 alex_a joined #koha
11:44 Frank_Purcell I have installed Debian and noticed [sudo] is not installed when trying to add the debian koha package. I also cannot install sudo, apparently it is because of an issue in "/etc/apt/sources.list"
11:45 Frank_Purcell I need to add something to the sources.list in order to -get sudo
11:46 Frank_Purcell at the moment the only source in the list is for security. I need to add a repository where i can get sudo from, then re-run apt update
11:47 ashimema how did you install debian?
11:47 ashimema I've never seen an install without the standard repositories and without sudo available for installation all out of the box
11:49 Frank_Purcell debian 9 apparently does not come with sudo, when you set a root password during installation. its a bug that is not fixed yet.
11:50 Frank_Purcell during installation I was having problems with the repositories and was hoping to simply use "wget -q -O- | sudo apt-key add -" once i was in
11:50 Frank_Purcell but i can only use that code once sudo is up and running
11:50 ashimema interesting
11:50 Frank_Purcell could i add the debian.koha-community repository to the source list manually?
11:50 Frank_Purcell i tried to run the code "wget -q -O- | apt-key add -"
11:51 Frank_Purcell without "sudo", from root. but i got error gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found
11:52 Frank_Purcell maybe i should just reinstall and keep trying until i manage to connect to a repository
11:56 oleonard Frank_Purcell: It seems so unlikely to me that Debian doesn't ship with sudo, I wonder if there isn't something else going on.
11:56 oleonard ...but I don't know what to suggest
12:04 Frank_Purcell the bug is quite documented online, but the fix is to add a repository in the sources list. I just dont know what link to add to the list
12:04 Frank_Purcell i tried adding the debian.koha link, but it doesnt have sudo
12:06 Frank_Purcell the bug is predominant in debian 9.9.0
12:06 m23_ joined #koha
12:08 ashimema where are you from Frank?
12:09 ashimema I'd expect to see something along the lines of
12:10 ashimema
12:10 ashimema in your /etc/apt/sources.list file
12:10 ashimema as a minimum
12:11 ashimema then I'd personally add /etc/apt/sources.d/koha.list and have the koha repo pointed to in here
12:12 Frank_Purcell im from South Africa. dude this will help so much. its the exact coding im missing
12:12 Frank_Purcell let me try it quick
12:13 ashimema[…]bian-derivatives/ is also a helpful article detailing how to find more local mirrors that may be a bit quicker
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22836: (follow-up) improve test message <[…]56f4fdb503ed5d81c>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22892: Remove warning from rebuild_es if --processes not passed <[…]133ae310e17676dd5>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22886: Missing space between fields from Keyword to MARC mapping in cataloguing... <[…]55e4ba938a9563bff>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22889: Fix typos librairies and libaries <[…]1ddf0280eda38e733>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 20514: Use streetnumber when searching for patrons by address <[…]bd463d9942a4fe383>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22878: Do not pass layout_id on creating a layout <[…]8b18982b0d8fc416f>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22878: Add tests <[…]e366a8d3e75085413>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22875: Document verbose option in import_patrons <[…]a549447d13d6f686f>
12:13 ashimema quicker for use.. not quicker for setup of course
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22850: Do no longer use set_userenv in tests (SharedContent.t) <[…]2132c230f41057717>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22836: (follow-up) Bug 22478: (QA follow-up) Make test consistent with variable... <[…]695c9038fa500e961>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Revert "Bug 22478: (QA follow-up) Handle category in opac-shelves like a boolean" <[…]2e73b96947de23b29>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Revert "Bug 22478: (QA follow-up) Update tests to check for any script tags" <[…]3c0d5ef8ef21650b2>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22781: Correctly filter the emails <[…]8954bd7eea3f19862>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22781: Does not double filter address <[…]34ca8811e99e7419c>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22781: Test patron's info filtering <[…]a5291356a32427a16>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22781: Add tests <[…]138e4fdbd8f395b3e>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22781: Escape cardnumber, category's description, library's name and dateexpiry <[…]643265204844cd2d3>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 7862: Preventing warns when creating a notice <[…]5caac64e031d5c0d5>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22742: ILS-DI - Fix datetime format returned by RenewLoan <[…]e1b7cd22c387e647b>
12:13 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22225: Correctly use invoiceincgst over listincgst <[…]0a712390433cbb2bd>
12:20 paul_p joined #koha
12:30 Frank_Purcell ashimema, ive added the repositories, I only had stretch/updates.
12:30 Frank_Purcell I did not have stretch main nor debian-security/ stretch/updates
12:31 Frank_Purcell but alas, sudo still wont install, i get this error "Package sudo is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source
12:33 ashimema have you run an `apt update`
12:33 ashimema `apt update` = get the latest list of packages using sources.list as the sources
12:34 ashimema `apt install package-name` - this will only work once `apt` itself knows about the pacakges available to it (after an `apt update`)
12:38 Frank_Purcell testing now. there was updates. when i use apt upgrade, it says there is 3 upgraded, and after download is fails problem with the hash link. this was happening from the start though i think the rest has updated. will let you know is 2mins
12:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #732: UNSTABLE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/732/
12:43 sophie_m joined #koha
12:45 Frank_Purcell sudo successfully installed. now to proceed with installation. thanks! ashimema - i just had to copy your repository list and then update
12:46 ashimema awesome :)
12:46 ashimema glad it helped
12:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #227: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/227/
12:52 m23__ joined #koha
12:57 m23__ joined #koha
12:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #243: STILL UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/243/
13:13 Frank_Purcell im busy installing koha common now, all seems fine now, however i notice "Hash Sum mismatch" Err:18 stretch/updates main amd64
13:13 Frank_Purcell is this common? or should i expect the install to fail?
13:14 Frank_Purcell basically "hashes of expected file" is different to "hashes of received file"
13:14 ashimema erm.. I've never seen that
13:15 ashimema sorry
13:15 Frank_Purcell well lets wait and see if it presents a problem. its mixed in with all the coding as the common installation is happening.
13:16 m23__ Frank_Purcell:  how you install Debin? From CD/ISO?
13:16 Joubu kidclamp: none of the two failing tests are failing for me :-/
13:17 alex_a_ joined #koha
13:17 Frank_Purcell i installed Debian 9.9.0 from an ISO onto virtual box. testing the server then will rent a proper server
13:17 Frank_Purcell the iso straight from
13:20 m23__ Frank_Purcell: really strange. I installed Debian same way befre week, without this issue.
13:24 alex_a joined #koha
13:29 fridolin oleonard: hi CSS expert
13:29 oleonard :)
13:30 fridolin oleonard: The cataloguing display as been changed by Bug 20044
13:30 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20044 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Switch single-column templates to Bootstrap grid: Cataloging
13:30 fridolin it added : .input_marceditor { width: 60em; }
13:30 fridolin it was 30em
13:30 fridolin so now there is a line brake
13:31 fridolin oleonard: is it on purpose ?
13:31 fridolin (line break)
13:33 oleonard fridolin: The width is now responsive. There are now media queries in addbiblio.css to change that width as the browser changes width. But it could be improved.
13:34 oleonard Bug 22399 was intended to do that
13:34 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22399 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Improve responsive behavior of the basic marc editor
13:34 oleonard ...but my first attempt at it broke many  many things.
13:34 oleonard I'll revisit it soon I hope.
13:36 lukeG joined #koha
13:38 Frank_Purcell quick question: after running [sudo apt-get install koha-common] what should i see?
13:39 Frank_Purcell i got many "failed to retrieve file, Hash Sum mismatch" on many many files. i am not sure if install was successful
13:39 Joubu Frank_Purcell: did you search for this error?
13:40 Joubu[…]match-error#41618
13:40 Joubu suggests: `sudo rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*` then `sudo apt-get update`
13:41 Joubu hope you have a fast internet connection, all the files will be downloaded again
13:42 fridolin oleonard: oki thanks a lot
13:42 Joubu apparently you can add `sudo apt-get clean` before the update
13:42 Frank_Purcell thank you, I will do this immedietely. internet is not too slow, but is capped so i hope i dont run out of data. have to run this through my personal wifi, as work blocks us on domain
13:43 oleonard :(
13:47 tcohen hi all
13:48 Frank_Purcell still getting the errors during update. example; E: failed to fetch[…]4bb68bc94b4bc4763 Hash Sum mismach
13:49 m23_ joined #koha
13:49 Frank_Purcell at the end it says E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored or old ones used instead
13:52 Frank_Purcell someting to do with amd64 packages
13:56 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:56 deb-CSPL joined #koha
13:58 Shane-S joined #koha
13:58 Frank_Purcell i have to add these codes [sudo rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/partial] [sudo apt-get update -o Acquire::CompressionTypes::Order::=gz]
13:59 Shane-S where would I look ( for why I get Internal Server Error with most books in the cataloging section trying to view checkout history
13:59 thd joined #koha
14:00 Joubu Shane-S: try first to update to the last 18.05.x
14:00 wizzyrea try the about page
14:01 wizzyrea because that is probably a doubled up old-issue
14:02 kidclamp is there a meeting?
14:02 kidclamp https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_15_May_2019
14:02 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 15 May 2019
14:02 huginn` Meeting started Wed May 15 14:02:58 2019 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
14:02 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 May 2019)
14:02 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_15_may_2019'
14:03 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 May 2019)
14:03 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_15_May_2019
14:03 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:03 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:03 Joubu #chair kidclamp tcohen cait
14:03 huginn` Current chairs: Joubu cait kidclamp tcohen
14:03 wizzyrea #info Liz Rea, doer of things
14:03 Margaret joined #koha
14:03 m23_ #info Michal Denar
14:04 khall joined #koha
14:04 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe
14:04 Joubu qa_team? rmaints?
14:04 Joubu qa_team?
14:04 wahanui i think qa_team is cait alex_a jajm khall josef_moravec ashimema Joubu marcelr tcohen rangi
14:04 Joubu rmaints?
14:04 wahanui i guess rmaints is ashimema and fridolin are the rmaints
14:04 Margaret joined #koha
14:04 fridolin yep
14:05 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
14:05 fridolin under a shining sun ;)
14:05 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 May 2019)
14:05 Joubu Anyone have something?
14:06 * fridolin is about to release a plugin for Matomo(ex Piwik)[…]lugin-opac-matomo
14:06 tcohen \o
14:07 tcohen Theke has submitted bug 22835, to make plugins all-API driven
14:07 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22835 new feature, P5 - low, ---, agustinmoyano, Signed Off , Serve static files from plugins through the API
14:07 tcohen and self contained
14:07 fridolin \o/
14:07 Joubu #info Fridolin is going to release a plugin for Matomo(ex Piwik)[…]lugin-opac-matomo
14:08 m23_ Nice work
14:08 tcohen we look forward to any feedback or ideas from people willing to work on the plugins front
14:08 Joubu #info QA needed on bug 22835, to make plugins all-API driven and self contained
14:09 Joubu something else?
14:09 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (19.05)
14:09 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (19.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 May 2019)
14:09 Joubu kidclamp: floor is yours
14:09 kidclamp Working on cleaning up things, pushing bugs etc
14:09 kidclamp will make a pass on things marked for release today and decide which to push or not
14:10 kidclamp still some major bugs etc that need work. please lend a hand there
14:10 kidclamp I didn't do a specific draft of release notes, but they are rolling now, will take a crack at those before kohacon
14:10 Joubu # major bugs need attention before the release
14:10 Joubu #info major bugs need attention before the release
14:10 kidclamp any questions for me?
14:11 Joubu KohaCon's hackfest will certainly find bugs
14:11 Joubu would be good to tell people to use a given keyword if they need to be fixed for 19.05
14:12 Joubu like using the kw "regressions" for 19.05 regressions? :)
14:12 tcohen +1
14:12 ashimema +1
14:13 Joubu unanimously approved
14:13 Joubu no questions for kidclamp then?
14:13 ashimema :)
14:13 kidclamp +1
14:13 ashimema I've just gotta run out on school run.. will rejoin from phone in about 5 mins.. sorry
14:13 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:13 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 May 2019)
14:14 Joubu bad timing :)
14:14 thd :)
14:14 Joubu fridolin: something to tell us?
14:14 ashimema rmaint update would be 'about to work through the queue kidclamp built up for me this morning'
14:14 * ashimema runs
14:14 fridolin yep
14:14 Frank_Purcell Bye everyone, thank you for all the assistance today. I will attempt to reinstall tomorrow to figure out what i did wrong. i think it was purely by not selecting a repository during Debian installation.
14:14 GreenJimll joined #koha
14:14 fridolin 17.11.x is at its last release
14:15 fridolin unless some big issue, i will set it as obsolete after 19.05.00 is released
14:15 Joubu #info 17.11.18 will be the latest of the 17.11.x branch
14:15 fridolin I have proposed for RMaint 19.05.x
14:16 Joubu and you have been elected
14:16 fridolin Oh cool ;)
14:16 fridolin (we need to tell our bot)
14:17 Joubu once 19.05.00 is released :)
14:17 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
14:17 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 May 2019)
14:17 Joubu qa_team?
14:17 wahanui it has been said that qa_team is cait alex_a jajm khall josef_moravec ashimema Joubu marcelr tcohen rangi
14:17 fridolin indeed
14:18 Joubu Ok, will try then
14:18 cait i am here
14:18 cait but Joubu can start :)
14:19 Joubu There are 2 failures on Jenkins during last builds, one D8, another one D9, seems random. Need to investigate
14:19 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:19 Joubu 1 blocker, 3 criticals that need attention
14:19 cait 11 majors as well
14:19 Joubu and if someone wants a fast headache (being sober) there is bug 22905
14:19 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22905 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Edit suggestions - wrong branchcode behavior
14:20 Joubu nothing else at the top of my head
14:21 cait I think that sums it up nicely - the bugs need attention most right now and everything tagged rel_19_05_release
14:21 ashimema I intend to get back to QA this week but have been lacking the last few days due to kohacon organising
14:21 cait #link https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]l_19_05_candidate
14:22 cait I have cleared up the qa qeue as much as I could
14:22 ashimema Are there minors you want saving for kohacon cait
14:22 cait we got mostly elastic, sip and rest left, I really need help witht hose
14:22 Joubu we (Martin and me) also noticed that the new contributor list is wrong, we are going to try & work on it to have it fixed for 19.05.00
14:23 cait ashimema: i think academy bugs would be nice to save for now
14:23 cait I plan to go through existing ones and weed a bit
14:23 cait some might be too hard for Academy anyway
14:23 ashimema +1 #commit date Vs original history dates don't match.. Joubu spotted the bug in the script but after push.. should be a quick fix
14:23 ashimema Brill cait
14:24 * ashimema offers to be a 'pet dev' during the bugs workshop
14:24 ashimema That's probably it for QA isn't it?
14:25 Joubu yep, moving on
14:25 wizzyrea just don't pet him too much he might fall asleep
14:25 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:25 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 May 2019)
14:25 ashimema Hehe
14:25 Joubu nothing on the wiki, but maybe I can bring the bugzilla components question we had on bug...
14:26 Joubu bug 22487
14:26 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22487 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Add Mana and Bugzilla components on bugzilla
14:26 ashimema I've not got myself in order enough yet to propose much more on collaboration next cycle yet.. but expect something imminently
14:26 wizzyrea well bugzilla would be part of the project infrastructure project
14:26 Joubu So the question is: where people will open issue/ft request for Mana
14:26 Joubu we created the project on gitlab
14:26 Joubu but we also want it on bugzilla (to make it easy for people)
14:27 wizzyrea I think that's the appropriate place for issues specifically with the mana server?
14:27 wizzyrea if it's something to do with the koha side of it, it should be in our bugzilla
14:27 Joubu (even if I am not sure it's a good idea, but that's not question)
14:27 Joubu yes, but it's more related to the server part
14:27 wizzyrea right, server part bugs should be on the gitlab
14:28 wizzyrea imo
14:28 Joubu so we have :
14:28 Joubu https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]la3/enter_bug.cgi
14:28 Joubu and
14:28 ashimema I think it looks like it's in the right place on Bugzilla to me
14:28 Joubu https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]%20Infrastructure
14:28 ashimema As a top level project
14:28 Joubu wondering if Mana-kb should not go to the "Project Infrastructure" instead?
14:28 wizzyrea you could put mana in the PI project
14:28 ashimema I don't think it fits with Infrastructure..
14:28 wizzyrea it's where hea is
14:28 wizzyrea I do
14:29 wizzyrea hea is in there
14:29 Joubu that's my thought as well
14:29 ashimema If my understanding is correct Mana won't be hosted by the community.. it's more something for support providers to host for their group of customers
14:29 ashimema Right
14:29 Joubu vote?
14:29 wizzyrea I think it'd be way better if there was a centralised one
14:30 wizzyrea I hate the idea that vendors silo off their customers
14:30 * ashimema wants to get federation working to Manas can talk to each other
14:30 kidclamp I thought biblibre was maintaining a central mana for all
14:30 ashimema So who hosts it then wizzyrea
14:30 wizzyrea doesn't that seem like a much harder problem than having one mana?
14:30 ashimema That's why I like federating it
14:30 kidclamp like bywater hosts a coce
14:31 ashimema Spreads the hosting burden..
14:31 ashimema We also host a coce
14:31 kidclamp stop doing that!
14:31 kidclamp :-)
14:31 wizzyrea so does catalyst
14:31 wizzyrea coce is different
14:31 wizzyrea imo
14:31 kidclamp the more in one instance the better results, but anyways
14:31 wizzyrea ^^^ this is SUPER KEY for mana
14:32 Joubu yes, definitely
14:32 wizzyrea coce eh
14:32 wizzyrea but mana
14:32 wizzyrea it needs to be only one, maybe 2.
14:32 kidclamp I agree with project infrastructure, seems reasonable
14:32 ashimema Ok
14:32 m23_ joined #koha
14:32 Joubu and what about a "Mana" component in the Koha project for Mana related code inside Koha?
14:33 wizzyrea yes
14:33 Joubu confusing maybe?
14:33 wizzyrea no
14:33 wizzyrea call the PI one Mana server
14:33 Joubu yup
14:33 wizzyrea call the koha project one Mana integration
14:33 ashimema Okies
14:33 Joubu so no vote then, great :)
14:33 wizzyrea or something
14:33 wahanui something is broken
14:33 wizzyrea no it isn't dingdong. :)
14:33 wizzyrea (the dingdong is wahanui)
14:34 Joubu Another discussion?
14:34 ashimema Nothing from me
14:34 kidclamp Mana server/integration works for me
14:35 Joubu best moment of meetings then
14:35 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
14:35 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 May 2019)
14:35 * kidclamp also promises to get it wrong at least once
14:35 wizzyrea people will get it wrong, that's fine
14:35 wizzyrea just move it to the right place :)
14:35 Joubu Next meeting: 29 May 2019, ?? UTC
14:36 Joubu can anybody tell me which slots have been picked for the last months?
14:36 kidclamp everyone just show up when they want
14:36 kidclamp 14/19?
14:36 wahanui 0.736842105263158
14:36 kidclamp i think 14 and 19, sometimes 20 as is better for NZ but is hard for many
14:37 * thd will read the logs for 29 May after publishing conference.
14:37 Joubu #info Next meeting: 29 May 2019, 19 UTC
14:38 Joubu #endmeeting
14:38 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:38 huginn` Meeting ended Wed May 15 14:38:08 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:38 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-05-15-14.02.html
14:38 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-05-15-14.02.txt
14:38 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]15-14.02.log.html
14:38 wizzyrea cool
14:38 ashimema Thanks all
14:39 kidclamp Joubu++
14:39 kidclamp Joubu++
14:41 fridolin Joubu++
14:41 calire left #koha
14:44 m23_ joined #koha
14:46 Shane-S Joubu: So...I couldn't figure out how to do 18.05.x update...I just prayed my VM backups were working and did the apt-get install koha-common and I am on 18.11.05 and seems to have fixed it
14:48 Joubu lol good news then?
15:08 Shane-S So far..waiting to hear if more stuff broke :)
15:09 Shane-S seems like every time I fix something (anywhere) all appears fine and then a week later I get a fixed this...but now...
15:16 reiveune bye
15:16 reiveune left #koha
15:18 wizzyrea Shane-S, that is the life of an admin of anything
15:22 Shane-S wizzyrea: yeah, maybe one day I can focus on a few things and get good. I keep reading hacking and exploit articles and I am just amazed how MUCH some people seem to know and seem to have mastered
15:22 wizzyrea the first step to wisdom is knowing just how much you don't know :)
15:24 Shane-S I struggled to get a bios update on a server...meanwhile people are exploiting pushing 40 and feel like I never learned a damn thing lol
15:25 Shane-S oh least I keep a company of 55 employees happy...until we get hacked then I will be a headline of what I could have done :)
15:26 sonOfRa joined #koha
15:33 wizzyrea Shane-S, it's my feeling that every sysadmin thinks this at least once, maybe more times, a day.
15:34 Shane-S On a side note: If I move on from my job here is there a support option or company that could take over a packages based install?
15:34 wizzyrea so 1. you aren't alone 2. it's ok to not know things 3. there's new crap all the time and nobody knows it all. There isn't one person who knows, beginning to end, every detail about how any computer of any complexity works
15:35 wizzyrea heaps of those.
15:35 wizzyrea
15:36 Shane-S wizzyrea: oh thanks..totally never found that :)
15:36 wizzyrea now, your daily pep talk completed, go kick ass.
15:36 ashimema bug 22915
15:36 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22915 blocker, P1 - high, 19.05, koha-bugs, NEW , Cannot subscribe to Mana-KB
15:36 ashimema is this one just me or can others get it working?
15:36 wizzyrea the last time I tried it
15:36 wizzyrea it worked ashimema
15:36 wizzyrea that was a week-ish ago
15:36 ashimema just throws horrible errors to screen for me if I try to sign up
15:38 ashimema okies
15:38 kidclamp Joubu the tests pass for me too
15:44 Shane-S wizzyrea: haha thanks...I have to re-install OSX on a MacBook Air now..since it is using a shared icould credentials that I can get out of it for the life of me...
15:45 wizzyrea :) pretty critical mac updates this week too
15:46 wizzyrea so if you have a lot of them good to remind your people to do their updates urgently
15:49 wizzyrea this one (look at the microocode and security sections... yikes.)
15:49 khall joined #koha
15:49 wizzyrea Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with system privileges so gross
15:53 eythian only if you execute untrusted code. Like, javascript in a webbrowser.
15:54 eythian who even does that.
15:54 Shane-S maybe life should be open source...whats left to hack if everything is out there *sigh*
15:55 eythian[…]l?vendor_id=11706 there's always something
15:55 Shane-S Hack this door need...instructions are posted next to...lets steal this priceless data...readme.txt says "data publically available" ;)
15:58 Shane-S oh SQL many php scripts did I write back in the early 2000's following guides that never said...don't pass the form field directly...validate it fist
16:00 Shane-S I especially loved a darknet know we pass a -1 to it..and see what happend. I never even thought of that when coding stuff.
16:01 wizzyrea eythian ^.^ you funny
16:02 wizzyrea that graph is quite fun
16:08 fridolin left #koha
16:15 Ralphius joined #koha
16:15 Ralphius Hi there!!
16:15 cait hi Ralphius
16:16 Ralphius I have a question to Koha, may be u can help me?
16:17 wizzyrea go ahead :)
16:18 Ralphius I don't know if Koha use the local url identifier to book .. and how i can show that url in the oai
16:18 Ralphius ?
16:18 cait hm i am not sure waht you mean
16:18 cait but the oai should contain the biblionumber
16:18 wizzyrea neither
16:19 cait and that allows you to link for sure
16:19 cait checking i fi can see an example in our oai docs
16:19 cait we have a lot of the big RDS providers using OAI and they always link back into KOha
16:20 Ralphius yep this is the case
16:20 cait are you building something yourself or is it one of the big ones?
16:20 cait i think most of those have worked with Koha OAI before
16:30 oleonard joined #koha
16:31 * oleonard waves
16:32 wizzyrea hi oleonard
16:32 wahanui hi oleopard
16:33 Ralphius Hi oleopard
16:33 cait hm
16:34 Ralphius another question, the last version of koha 19.05 it's stable? in the test what's the results ?
16:35 cait 19.05 is not releasd yet
16:35 cait the last stable version is 18.11
16:38 wizzyrea it's fun to think about how we could use similar techniques with Koha receipts
16:38 wizzyrea[…]rce=pocket-newtab
16:41 oleonard With template toolkit syntax and embedded CSS you could really get far with it
16:49 lari_ joined #koha
16:54 wizzyrea cait about
16:55 wizzyrea i'm looking at bug 17178, i'm wondering whether to fail this because it doesn't do Māori tohutō
16:55 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17178 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, agustinmoyano, Needs Signoff , Add a popup/keyboard shortcuts for diacritics and symbols in the advanced cataloging editor
16:55 wizzyrea my heart says yes but it feels unfair.
16:56 cait is that the macron?
16:56 wizzyrea[…]Supported-Layouts layouts can be added to the originating project
16:56 wizzyrea yep
16:56 cait so they used something external for the layout but it doesn't support the use case, right?
16:56 wizzyrea that's right, not for macrons
16:57 cait i thin the layout thing looks flexible
16:57 cait[…]Supported-Layouts
16:57 cait we coudl probably provide one without too much hassle
16:57 wizzyrea there's as listed layout for māori but it doesn't seem to work
16:57 wizzyrea or at least I don't see how to make it work
16:58 cait maybe leave a comment for now? Augustin is nice, he might be able to help figure it out
16:58 wizzyrea yeah cool I'll do that
16:58 cait where do you see the non-working maori?
16:58 cait i am looking here:[…]r/src/lib/layouts
17:00 wizzyrea it's in the interface
17:00 wizzyrea the Koha interface
17:00 cait oh
17:00 cait so maybe they tried to add one?
17:01 cait i'd definiteyl ask
17:01 wizzyrea there's a keyboard layout labeled ms-Maori
17:01 cait maybe they use our language codes somehow
17:01 wizzyrea but it has no macrons
17:01 cait that might not work
17:01 wizzyrea maybe?
17:01 wizzyrea idk
17:01 cait ask and fail :)
17:01 cait we encourage asking questions
17:01 wizzyrea https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]g.cgi?id=17178#c8
17:01 huginn` Bug 17178: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, agustinmoyano, Needs Signoff , Add a popup/keyboard shortcuts for diacritics and symbols in the advanced cataloging editor
17:01 wizzyrea that's what I said
17:03 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 4833: (QA follow-up) Add budgetname to SearchSuggestion <[…]4e42d4d144a689172>
17:03 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21651: (QA follow-up) Remove remaining obsolete file from German web installer <[…]980af4f7253a728a8>
17:03 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22657: (QA follow-up) Restore previous version of regex <[…]bc33a5469e45acc5b>
17:03 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22657: Remove JavaScript from OPAC suggestion validation of required fields <[…]cc82c8f3985a22c2c>
17:03 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 4833: Show acq information when selecting suggestion for order <[…]eee4ad0fef737f069>
17:03 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21651: Always insert notice templates related tables <[…]75fc0fd6dc6da8ffe>
17:03 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21651: Remove language specific sql file for notice templates related tables <[…]d8931c2ca25871c7d>
17:03 cait ooh kidclamp pushed my patches! :)
17:03 wizzyrea STUFF IS HAPPENING
17:03 kidclamp I did :-)
17:03 cait yay!
17:04 * ashimema fires off the release notes re-generation
17:04 ashimema my queue is only growing
17:04 ashimema :(
17:04 cait bbl :)
17:07 wizzyrea bbiab
17:14 oleonard kidclamp you are going to KohaCon right?
17:18 kidclamp yes
17:18 kidclamp unless you know something I don't
17:19 * kidclamp checks if owen is behind me with chloroform  and a fake moustache
17:19 oleonard I didn't see you on the arrivals/departures list so I had a doubt
17:19 kidclamp yes, I need to add myself
17:20 * oleonard wonders why he didn't think of the chloroform and fake moustache
17:20 * oleonard wonders why he said fake moustache when he could easily grow his own luxurious moustache in the time allotted
17:20 * ashimema thinks we should do it the other way around.. kidclamp should kidnap oleonard and bring him to kohacon
17:21 * oleonard could not, however, grow the required additional 1.5 feet in height
17:21 ashimema did I remember rightly.. you're not coming to kohacon oleonard 😞 ?
17:21 kidclamp stilts?
17:22 oleonard ashimema: :'(
17:22 ashimema springy boots
17:27 kidclamp ashimema: we each have to take turns drinking for oleonard - make sure to secure a spot in the rotation
17:27 wizzyrea joined #koha
17:27 ashimema hehe
17:27 ashimema like it
17:31 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:31 wahanui Congratulations!
17:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #733: FIXED in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/733/
17:32 oleonard ashimema, kidclamp: I went looking for a picture of my favorite kind of cocktail so you could be sure to drink one on my behalf and OH MY GOD look what came up
17:32 oleonard[…]?p=15579415080923
17:33 wizzyrea hahahahahaha
17:34 ashimema amazing !
17:34 ashimema I wan't one
17:34 oleonard Source:
17:36 kidclamp Wow!
17:37 cait joined #koha
17:38 cait back
17:38 * oleonard now exclusively wears merch from Owen's Craft Mixers
17:40 Margaret_ joined #koha
17:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #228: UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/228/
17:46 * cait wonders what she missed
17:46 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:46 wahanui Congratulations!
17:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #244: FIXED in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/244/
17:47 oleonard cait: I guess I make giant candy-filled cocktails now
17:57 lavamind hello, is it possible to use a custom LDAP filter for LDAP auth ?
17:57 cait oleonard: you are full of surprises :)
18:01 Margaret joined #koha
18:20 paul_p joined #koha
18:27 * oleonard will see y'all later
18:51 khall joined #koha
18:51 khall joined #koha
19:31 khall joined #koha
20:00 HeinekoKaze joined #koha
20:27 MWR joined #koha
20:29 MWR General questions: 1) If I have two schools, each with their own library, and they generally don't share books from eachother... would it make sense to make a seperate Koha install for each library?
20:31 MWR and 2) If a Koha server is going to be installed on an Intranet (Private subnet), is there a best practices way to set it up? Especially considering internal DNS not matching external DNS, and I plan on port-forwarding the OPEC so that it is available on the internet.
20:43 cait 1) yes
20:43 cait if they don't share and won't share... i am a fan of keepig things separate
20:43 cait 2) i am not sure about, i am not a sysamdin
20:52 MWR Ok. Thanks. Sm:)e.
20:54 cait 2) does more sound like an apache thing
20:59 ashimema 1) actually depends on how separate you mean...
21:00 ashimema They could share a single server but run side by side.. Koha is designed to work very well that way
21:00 ashimema You don't need entirely district servers
21:09 cait ah yes, instances, not installatoins
21:09 ashimema Yup
21:14 MWR Okay. How would I start a second instance on a server? (checks wiki) Okay... looks doable.
21:15 ashimema If your using packages for installation it's all built in
21:16 cait it's easier than anything else
21:20 khall joined #koha
21:50 davidnind joined #koha
22:50 papa joined #koha
23:35 khall joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary