IRC log for #koha, 2019-05-09

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:10 dpk__ joined #koha
03:11 Jeddah joined #koha
03:12 Jeddah Sir i would like to ask po how we can avail KOHA po?
03:12 Jeddah thank you po.
03:12 Jeddah Our school is open last year so I would like to use KOHA po sana.
03:13 Jeddah left #koha
03:59 clrh joined #koha
04:55 sophie_m joined #koha
05:06 chris joined #koha
05:19 cait joined #koha
05:21 fridolin joined #koha
05:33 calire joined #koha
06:23 JesseM joined #koha
06:34 marcelr joined #koha
06:34 marcelr hi #koha
06:36 AndrewIsh joined #koha
06:38 magnuse \o/
06:38 magnuse @seen drojf
06:38 huginn` magnuse: drojf was last seen in #koha 23 weeks, 1 day, 11 hours, 23 minutes, and 26 seconds ago: <drojf> -s
06:39 reiveune joined #koha
06:40 reiveune hello
06:40 wahanui que tal, reiveune
06:40 marcelr joined #koha
06:57 laurence joined #koha
06:58 alex_a joined #koha
06:58 alex_a Bonjour
07:06 laurence joined #koha
07:16 cait joined #koha
07:16 Archie^ joined #koha
07:33 chris joined #koha
07:40 Archie^ The overdues module really takes a LOT of time to load :/
07:42 ashimema overdues module.. what do you mean?
07:43 ashimema `/cgi-bin/koha/circ/`
07:43 ashimema loads almost instantly for me
07:44 calire anyone know why I would get 'fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer when doing a git pull on master?
07:45 ashimema it can be a transient issue dependant on git server load ocassionally
07:45 ashimema I'd just try again in a few minutes
07:45 Archie^ Circulation -> overdues. I'm pressing it and it loads forever
07:45 calire ashimema: thanks
07:46 ashimema if you're really stuck try a mirror
07:46 ashimema ;)
07:47 calire that is above my knowledge leves ;)
07:47 ashimema I would have suggested the gitlab one.. but it's failing to mirror at the moment :(
07:47 calire *level
07:49 ashimema rangi recommends
07:53 ashimema so.. I have the followup for my setup
07:57 ashimema
07:57 ashimema calire: ^
07:57 ashimema actually, I re-wrote what I have just for you... as I have loads of remotes setup which you wouldn't need
07:58 ashimema but the basic idea hold.. I use the 'lower traffic mirror' for git pulls and assign that as 'origin'.. and I have 'upstream' setup to the community hosted site just in case the mirror goes down (and because as rmaint I 'push' to upstream)
07:59 Archie^ Ya i'm getting Proxy Error every time i'm trying to execute overdues from circulation module
07:59 calire ashimema thanks, I'll take a look :)
08:01 ashimema is better (I had a typo in the original paste, sorry)
08:07 paul_p joined #koha
08:25 laurence joined #koha
08:36 paul_p joined #koha
08:51 davidnind joined #koha
09:00 vfernandes joined #koha
09:54 paxed hm. where's the data for biblio-table inserted?
10:18 khall joined #koha
10:36 Archie_ joined #koha
10:38 ashimema @later tell wizzyrea I found the error in bug 22610.. it's the confusing nature of the sip_emulator parameters ;)
10:38 huginn` ashimema: The operation succeeded.
10:42 Archie_ ok so are you telling me there is NO way to modify how and where search works?
10:42 Archie_ we are getting constant feedback from librarians that they don't need to see items in libraries on the other side of the country
10:44 Archie_ so the question is: how "modifyable" is koha in a sense that, can i do it by plugin or do i need to modify search itself ?
10:47 ashimema have you not already been given a raft of answers for this Archie_
10:48 Archie_ all i got from magnuse  that i can separate it on OPAC side and thats about it
10:48 Archie_ so i'm not really sure how plugins work in koha and what are the restrictions / possabilities here
10:50 ashimema Koha is open source.. you can contribute to it either directly or through plugins.. if the plugin system isn't extensive enough for you're needs you can submit core patches to extend the plugin hooks easily enough too
10:50 marcelr joined #koha
10:51 magnuse plugin capabilities are not well documented, i'm afraid, but you can get an idea by looking at this sample plugin:[…]ns/ no plugin-capabilities for search yet, though
10:52 magnuse does the IndependentBranches syspref affect search? i don't remember...
10:52 ashimema I am not a trainer, I am a developer and as such I haven't given you much advice there as I'm not in possession of that information without going and reading the manual or the code to figure it out.. I'm pretty confident you can limit searches to holding branches in both opac and staff clients though
10:53 ashimema I'm sure I've done it for clients in the past, but I can't remember how
10:54 Archie_ i'm a project manager so it's difficult for me to get on the technical side
10:56 ashimema perhaps you should investigate the independantBranches preferences
10:56 ashimema is this a big consortia you're managing.. sounds like it
10:56 ashimema if your talking about libraries the other side of the country
10:59 Archie_ well we are switching all of the libraries of the country to Koha
10:59 ashimema one massive install?
10:59 Archie_ no, it's gonna be one by one
10:59 Archie_ but right now librarians have access to our demo
10:59 Archie_ with some data. So they are giving us feedback what should be different and what they don't understand
10:59 ashimema So where is the problem?
10:59 ashimema I don't understand
10:59 ashimema we are getting constant feedback from librarians that they don't need to see items in libraries on the other side of the country
11:00 ashimema either you've got all the libraries on one massive system and as such you're seeing items from all over the place or you haven't
11:00 magnuse yeah, if there will be one library per instance, the search is a non-issue
11:00 Archie_ we are trying to do all of that in one instance
11:00 Archie_ since that is the prefferable way
11:02 ashimema it sounds like a massive project to me.. I would highly suggest hiring a company to help you impliment it.. Koha is open source and gpl (meaning you don't have to pay for a lisence) but it's not a simple point a click piece of software (out of necessity.. libraries of complex entities with varying needs).. support companies exist to learn all the details of the software and advice you on it's use.
11:03 Archie_ do you have any suggestion for such companies?
11:03 ashimema we've spent years building up that knowledge and contributing to the ecosystem.. as much as I might like to 'just hand it all over' to you free of charge it would still take me years to do so for you to get the experience we have..
11:03 marcelr Archie_: which country is switiching to Koha ?
11:03 ashimema Where in the world are you?
11:03 marcelr hmm
11:03 Archie_ Latvia
11:04 marcelr ok
11:04 marcelr nice
11:05 ashimema hope I wasn't coming accross as rude there.. I just wanted to make sure you weren't getting frustrated.. the main take away is "Koha's big, don't expect to grasp everything overnight"
11:06 magnuse on the opac side it is possible to create separate opacs for each library, i think this is a pretty good description of how to do it: https://subscription.packtpub.[…]e-opac-interfaces
11:06 ashimema[…]upport/continent/ is a reasonable start for looking for a support company
11:07 magnuse there is also the SearchMyLibraryFirst syspref
11:08 Archie_ right, gonna look into that support site ;) thanks magnuse
11:09 ashimema as for personal recommendations (I work for PTFS-Europe based in the UK.. so I'll let anyone else here comment on us).. I'd say Biblibre (Based in france) are usually a good bet, Catalyst (New Zealand - perhaps a little far for you), Libriotech (That's magnuse in Norway), ByWater Solutions (Based in the USA) are some of the most active here and as such I know of their solid reputations.
11:09 marcelr joined #koha
11:10 magnuse PTFS-Europe has a good reputation too, ashimema is just being (very) modest :-)
11:10 ashimema They also probably command some of the higher prices though as they're the bigger outfits.. and that's totally my opinion.. there are other great providers on that list... I've dealt with many of them over the years and haven't really had any terrible experiences so far
11:11 Archie_ Alright, sounds like a good idea to hire some consultation agency
11:11 magnuse yeah, Koha is a pretty extensive piece of software
11:12 ashimema you are always welcome to ask questions here of course.. just we're all fairly busy allot of the time and we're a reduced audience.. it's also worth asking on the mailing lists as that often reaches a larger audience.. even if the response isn't so immediate ;)
11:13 Archie_ magnuse: for a open source, yeah it is
11:16 ashimema Sweden have a great and active users group too, they may be interesting to talk too about such a project aswell :)
11:18 Archie_ sweden is SUPER expensive tho ;D
11:19 Archie_ literally just went to vacation there.
11:22 indradg joined #koha
11:26 khall joined #koha
11:33 oleonard joined #koha
11:33 * oleonard waves
11:33 Archie_ hi oleonard
11:33 wahanui hi oleopard
11:44 cait hi oleonard!
11:44 wahanui hi oleopard
11:49 eythian hi
11:49 wahanui privet, eythian
11:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #81: FAILURE in 8.7 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D8/81/
11:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #82: STILL FAILING in 8.1 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D8/82/
12:05 alex_a joined #koha
12:08 magnuse anyone familiar with the galadriel plugin from bywater around? we are trying to change the font (family). the selected font shows for a second, then the default font from opac_18.1105000.css "takes over"
12:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #83: SUCCESS in 24 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D9/83/
12:15 oleonard magnuse: I would say that's a bug in the plugin. In order to override the dynamically-loaded font it has to be specific: ".fonts-loaded body { 'Arima Madurai' }"
12:29 magnuse oleonard: what do you mean by "specific"?
12:29 oleonard A more specific CSS selector
12:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #77: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_U18/77/
12:34 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
12:34 wahanui Congratulations!
12:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #83: FIXED in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D8/83/
12:35 eythian a browser's debug tools are often useful for telling where a CSS rule is that's controlling something.
12:46 magnuse yeah, i think we figured out what is happening
12:47 magnuse just wondering if there is something we are missing, or if it is a bug
12:50 oleonard magnuse: The plugin should be updated to inject different CSS so that it will correctly override the default
12:54 magnuse Petter will report it as an issue on github
13:29 calire left #koha
13:30 lukeG joined #koha
13:38 tcohen morning al
13:38 oleonard Hi tcohen
13:42 alex_a_ joined #koha
13:50 khall joined #koha
13:56 fridolin joined #koha
13:57 luchvh joined #koha
13:59 AndyBoze joined #koha
14:00 wizzyrea hi
14:00 wahanui salut, wizzyrea
14:01 davidnind hi wizzyrea
14:01 davidnind no caroline_catlady yet:-(
14:01 luchvh Hi all
14:02 davidnind hi luchvh and AndyBoze!
14:02 AndyBoze Hello!
14:03 davidnind Welcome on board the documentation team AndyBoze, thanks for intro to the docs list!
14:03 AndyBoze Glad to be here.
14:04 davidnind #startmeeting  Documentation IRC meeting 9 May 2019
14:04 huginn` Meeting started Thu May  9 14:04:04 2019 UTC.  The chair is davidnind. Information about MeetBot at
14:04 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:04 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 9 May 2019)
14:04 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_9_may_2019'
14:04 davidnind #topic Introductions
14:04 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 9 May 2019)
14:04 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
14:05 davidnind apologies if I'm a little slow, not that great at chairing meetings!
14:05 luchvh #info Lucy Vaux-Harvey, PTFS Europe
14:05 AndyBoze #info Andy Boze, University of Notre Dame, Indiana, USA
14:08 davidnind Looks like it is just us!
14:08 davidnind #topic Action points
14:08 Topic for #koha is now Action points (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 9 May 2019)
14:08 ashimema hello
14:08 wahanui hey, ashimema
14:08 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
14:09 davidnind Hi ashimema!
14:09 ashimema no Caroline?
14:09 ashimema would appear not
14:09 davidnind Not yet, so I started without her...
14:10 ashimema okies
14:11 davidnind Just a quick update on my action points, feel free to ask any questions
14:11 cait sorry - just saw a ton of pm - have to run to catch a bus, will be back tonight :)
14:12 cait oh oops meeting :(
14:12 cait left #koha
14:12 davidnind #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eeting_9_May_2019
14:13 davidnind Automated screen capture will probably take a little longer to get working
14:13 ashimema do you think perhaps for the next cycle it might be ready?
14:13 ashimema anything we can do at kohacon to help get it working?
14:14 * ashimema wants to have an even more amazing manual to 19.11 ;)
14:14 davidnind I hope I can get it ready, will still require some manual screenshots
14:15 davidnind At kohacon would be great if anyone has got any experience with selenium tests and the robot framework
14:15 * ashimema is somewhat out of the loop manual wise (too many fingers in too many pies already).. but is happy to help grab dev helpers where needed.. I know rangi is already looking into translation a bit.
14:15 ashimema are you around for the workshops?
14:15 davidnind Repository is here[…]mated-screenshots
14:15 wahanui i already had it that way, davidnind.
14:15 ashimema I'm sure we could find a moment to get some intersted expertise involved
14:16 ashimema cool, thanks
14:16 davidnind I will be around for the workshops, so is something we could work on
14:17 davidnind I have the basics working for the easy screenshots, so it is initially just adding definitions for each screenshot to capture
14:18 davidnind ashimema: that would great, I just general google things and make them up as I go along!
14:18 ashimema sounds great
14:18 ashimema more collaboration is my mantra at the moment ;)
14:18 davidnind Is anyone else on the documentation team going to kohacon?
14:18 ashimema I believe caroline is
14:19 ashimema and lucy ^
14:19 luchvh I'm there for the first 2 days but not the workshops
14:19 dpk__ joined #koha
14:19 davidnind great!
14:19 luchvh Hoping to get to meet some doc team members though
14:20 paul_p joined #koha
14:21 davidnind I think most of us will be there, so that will be great! As well as rangi and cait and others who have being involved/still involved and have a keen interest in having good documentation.
14:22 luchvh Sounds good!
14:22 davidnind Style/content development guide (which incorporates workflow a-z): working on an outline, but not much further to report on this one :-(
14:23 davidnind Last meeting there was an idea of having a doc sprint day, similar to previous bug squashing day
14:24 davidnind Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
14:24 davidnind Main thing is finding a suitable time, or just run over a 24 hour period.
14:25 ashimema sounds like a good idea to me
14:25 luchvh It's not something I've done before but happy to be involved
14:25 ashimema though yeah, as you say, finding a suitable moment is key
14:26 ashimema I think really it's just a case of announce a 'date' and promote it'
14:26 AndyBoze I'd be happy to participate.
14:26 davidnind I'll send a proposed date(s) to the mailing list, and we can see how it goes as an experiment!
14:26 ashimema and rather than limiting it to a 24 hour period, let it run for the whole 'day' worldwide (to try and catch multiple continents.. I think that's usually how it works for bug squashing events
14:27 wizzyrea it is
14:27 wizzyrea start it at midnight kiribati, end midnight what is it, hawaii time?
14:28 ashimema the advantage for bug squashing is we have leaderboards and things ready to go (and the dashboard).. It would be great to get that sort of thing for documentation pull requests.. gamigication of submissions and all that
14:28 davidnind good idea!
14:29 wizzyrea
14:29 wizzyrea if someone enterprising wanted to add things
14:29 davidnind #info David to organise documentation bug squashing day, most likely after kohacon
14:30 davidnind wizzyrea++
14:30 davidnind would be good to have a dashboard
14:30 ashimema haha.. it's been on my list to add docs pull requests to that for ages ;)
14:31 luchvh So how does it work?  Is there a list of 'to dos' that we would work from?
14:32 davidnind I guess we could create  a list of suggested tasks to focus (small, medium and large) and then see how we go
14:32 ashimema I think that would need to be the case yes.. I would suggest a page be created of taigia (if that's what you guys are most familier with still) with such a list..
14:32 ashimema or gitlab issues works well if not
14:32 ashimema perfect
14:32 ashimema there is also of course the keywords in bugzilla
14:33 ashimema that's a list I'm constantly adding to and will continue to add to as RM
14:33 davidnind I don't think we are short of tasks for the documentation!
14:33 luchvh Agreed!!
14:34 davidnind caroline (and I guess me now) keeps on eye on bugzilla doc bugs and adds them to the list
14:34 ashimema https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]g_status=RESOLVED
14:34 ashimema &bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&bu​g_status=BLOCKED&f1=keywords&keywords=Man​ual%2C%20&keywords_type=allwords&list_id=​281380&o1=allwords&query_format=advanced
14:35 * ashimema still isn't entirely sure of the procss for removing that 'Manual' keyword once something has been written
14:36 davidnind not sure either, I guess we ca just remove it once the work is done
14:36 ashimema and at what point during a bugs life the Manual keyword should be added..
14:36 ashimema I may even require an existing pull-request for some bugs before I'll merge them as RM.. I don't like new features going in entirely undocumented.. makes them really hard to discover for new users.
14:37 luchvh I must admit I find it difficult to work what needs doing
14:37 ashimema that doesn't mean you guys are responsible for such submissions btw.. more I want the original devs to get on board with documenting what they're submitting (whether that's themselves or them grabbing someone from their company to help)
14:38 davidnind with my documentation hat on, I would say a bug isn't finished until the docs are done ;-)
14:38 ashimema Style/content development guide (which incorporates workflow a-z): working on an outline, but not much further to report on this one :-(
14:38 ashimema so that does seem to be a bit of a limiting factor for contributions still then
14:39 davidnind luchvh: it is a bit overwhelming at the moment I think
14:39 ashimema well.. I'm happy to encourage such a thing next cycle :)
14:39 davidnind #info Style/content development guide (which incorporates workflow a-z): working on an outline, but not much further to report on
14:40 davidnind feels guilty about that, but will make it a priority, will also help new and potential contributors
14:41 davidnind at the moment we have https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_the_Koha_Manual
14:42 davidnind Last year/the year before we ran a video conference session to work through the workflow, do you think this is something we should do again?
14:42 luchvh There is lots of good info on there - enough to get me started with some simple updates.
14:42 ashimema I get he feeling it's mostly 'where to pull work from' that's still confusing people..
14:43 ashimema the 'how to do the work' bit is fairly good now in my opinion
14:43 luchvh It would definitely be useful to have a session I think
14:43 ashimema always can be improved.. but it's certainly not terrible ;)
14:44 davidnind totally agree ashimema and luchvh!
14:44 davidnind #info look at having a general video session on the workflow for new contributors
14:45 davidnind #topic What's been done so far
14:45 Topic for #koha is now What's been done so far (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 9 May 2019)
14:46 davidnind I have nothing to report, there have been a few merges including some changes from luchvh!
14:47 ashimema There is a documentation workshop at kohacon of course ;)
14:47 luchvh I've submitted a few really small changes
14:47 davidnind luchvh++
14:47 luchvh nothing of any substance!
14:49 luchvh I guess I'm OK just carrying on with that?
14:51 luchvh It's just bits I come across myself really - as I've said I'm not 100% sure what 'should' be tackled from taiga etc
14:51 davidnind more than happy, under the priorities for 19.05 item I'd like to come up with a priorities list
14:51 Nemo_bis[…]ainable-solutions
14:52 davidnind Nemo_bis++
14:52 davidnind Since we are running out of time, maybe we can just skip to the priorities for 19.05 release
14:53 davidnind #topic Next steps
14:53 Topic for #koha is now Next steps (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 9 May 2019)
14:54 davidnind For priorities I think there are new features and release notes
14:55 davidnind Draft release notes are here:[…]
14:55 amoyano joined #koha
14:57 davidnind Where there are no text update needed on bugzilla for 'Text to go in release notes' field (on right hand side), for example: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15774
14:57 huginn` Bug 15774: new feature, P5 - low, ---, nick, RESOLVED FIXED, Additional fields for baskets
14:58 davidnind For new features caroline has added all the bugs to task list[…]on-kohadocs-1805/
14:59 davidnind So maybe assign any of these to yourself that you want to work on
14:59 davidnind AndyBoze and luchvh: do you have access to
15:00 luchvh Yes I do, Caroline helped me to get set-up
15:00 fridolin joined #koha
15:00 AndyBoze I haven't gotten an account yet but will do.
15:00 davidnind Excellent!
15:00 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
15:01 luchvh I can see lots of items added - that's great
15:01 davidnind got to love wahanui!
15:01 alex_a joined #koha
15:02 davidnind Does anyone have any particular things they want to work on?
15:03 davidnind I'm keen to get something added for the new mana feature[…]adocs-1805/us/819
15:04 davidnind If it would help I can create a small priority list and send it to the list
15:04 ashimema ++
15:05 davidnind #info David to send a priority list to the mailing list
15:05 ashimema I've been poking Bywater to document the new daily/hourly rental charges feature ever since it passed QA.. but I don't think they've gotten to it yet.. that might be a good one for someone to pick up
15:06 davidnind #info Focus is on release note descriptions and new features for 19.05
15:06 ashimema :)
15:06 davidnind That sounds like a good one to add!
15:06 davidnind #topic Next meeting
15:06 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 9 May 2019)
15:07 davidnind Does this time suit you lucyvh and AndyBoze?
15:08 davidnind Can make early or later
15:08 AndyBoze Yes, this time should generally work for me.
15:08 luchvh It's right on school pick-up time for me i'm afraid
15:08 luchvh But I'm usually out for 5/10 mins
15:09 luchvh Happy to stick with this time if it suits others
15:09 davidnind Could make it an hour earlier, would that work better? I'm pretty flexible.
15:10 fridolin left #koha
15:11 luchvh Yes, would be good if others don't mind
15:11 AndyBoze It would depend on the day of the month. I occasionally have a meeting on Thursday the hour prior to this.
15:12 davidnind Would normally be the first Thursday of the month, the day after the General IRC meeting
15:12 davidnind But we can move it around to suit if required
15:13 davidnind Suggested time for next meeting 6 June 13:00 UTC[…]iso=20190606T1300
15:14 AndyBoze I think Thursday will be OK. I checked a couple of months out and my Thursday meeting won't conflict with this.
15:14 davidnind Excellent!
15:14 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
15:14 davidnind #info Next Documentation IRC meeting 6 June 2019 13:00 UTC
15:14 luchvh Great!
15:14 davidnind Anything else for today (and apologies for going over!)
15:14 ashimema well done guys
15:15 luchvh Thanks David
15:15 davidnind #endmeeting
15:15 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:15 huginn` Meeting ended Thu May  9 15:15:40 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:15 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-05-09-14.04.html
15:15 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-05-09-14.04.txt
15:15 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]09-14.04.log.html
15:16 oleonard documentation_team++
15:16 davidnind Thanks everyone for putting up with me!
15:16 davidnind luchvh++
15:16 davidnind AndyBoze++
15:16 davidnind ashimema++
15:17 ashimema davidnind++ #thanks for running the meeting :)
15:17 davidnind AndyBoze: welcome to the documentation team, hope it is not too overwhelming at this stage!
15:17 AndyBoze I'm looking forward to working with everyone! :-)
15:18 luchvh AndyBoze++
15:20 davidnind I guess start with some easy things first, and go from there!
15:20 AndyBoze Sounds like a plan.
15:21 davidnind I'll try and hang out  a bit more on IRC, but otherwise an email to the list or me directly should work as well.
15:23 AndyBoze I just created a account and can access the KohaDocs project. What do I need to do to get added to the team?
15:25 davidnind AndyBoze: just trying to figure that out, will just be a sec
15:28 AndyBoze davidnind: My user name is andybozend if you need that.
15:34 davidnind Thanks AndyBoze, looks like I don't have access to add a new member. Will ask caroline_catlady to give you access - you should get a message when you're added
15:34 AndyBoze Great, thanks!
15:36 davidnind @later caroline_catlady: Could you add AndyBoze as a project member on taiga? Username is andybozend. Thanks!
15:36 huginn` davidnind: downloading the Perl source
15:37 davidnind @later tell caroline_catlady Could you add AndyBoze as a project member on taiga? Username is andybozend. Thanks!
15:37 huginn` davidnind: The operation succeeded.
15:39 laurence left #koha
15:43 AndyBoze left #koha
16:02 deb-CSPL joined #koha
16:19 wizzyrea v quiet now lol
16:26 davidnind scared away by documentation team!
16:26 * oleonard is still here, always here, never sleeping
16:27 * ashimema is sami-present
16:27 * ashimema has kids, dogs and cats all running around him.. hense being rather distracted..
16:27 oleonard ashimema is semi-omni-present
16:28 amoyano joined #koha
16:43 * kidclamp is a gift
16:44 kidclamp {present}
16:44 * oleonard leaves the wrapping on that one
16:44 kidclamp also perishable, keep that in mind
16:45 ashimema lol
16:45 wizzyrea O.o
16:49 * oleonard is saddened to hear kidclamp is not immortal
16:50 kidclamp Oh, I am, I just go bad
16:52 oleonard Evil Kidclamp, A.D. 2150
16:54 wizzyrea kekeke
16:55 * wizzyrea waits for the graphic novel of this conversation
16:55 wizzyrea "KIDCLAMPS GONE BAD: A SAGA"
16:55 oleonard Wow are you telling me comic books aren't just for kids anymore?
16:56 oleonard Someone should alert every hometown newspaper.
16:59 kidclamp "who wrote this recursive self updating code? without unit tests!"
17:00 wizzyrea *GASP*
17:04 reiveune bye
17:04 cait joined #koha
17:04 reiveune left #koha
17:05 vero joined #koha
17:05 vero Log in only with a user, such as disabling the password to log in. Thanks
17:08 wizzyrea i feel like that's not something you'd want to do if your Koha is accessible by internet
17:10 vero yes ,  opac users need only with their user can enter
17:12 oleonard I agree with wizzyrea that that doesn't sound like a good idea. Nor do I think Koha offers a way to do that.
17:13 wizzyrea I know of libraries that have requested that, and have had it implemented, but they were internal to an orginisation
17:13 wizzyrea organisation*
17:14 wizzyrea but I don't think it's something we'd put into core
17:14 wizzyrea even optionally. because it's not a good idea.
17:15 vero thank you
17:20 ashimema anyone know who hosts meetbot?
17:21 wizzyrea gmcharlt I think
17:21 ashimema awesome..
17:22 * ashimema rethinks his idea
17:22 oleonard FYI bots are listed here:
17:23 ashimema oh, cool
17:23 ashimema didn't realise they had a section at the bottom there..
17:23 ashimema nice
17:25 indradg joined #koha
17:31 * cait waves
17:34 wizzyrea hi cait
17:51 wizzyrea hrm does anyone else have trouble with the circulation rules page on current master?
17:51 Joubu something specific to look at?
17:52 wizzyrea does it load at all :P
17:52 oleonard I have trouble with it every time I use it, but that's just because it's so unusable :P
17:52 wizzyrea DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_dbh_execute(): Table 'koha_kohadev.refund_lost_item_fee_rules' doesn't exist at /kohadevbox/koha/Koha/ line 92
17:52 wizzyrea at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/ line 77
17:52 wizzyrea possibly I just need to dump this DB
17:52 wizzyrea I am breaking up with you, database!
17:53 wizzyrea take that.
17:53 Joubu yup, you certainly tried something that deleted the table
17:53 Joubu like bug 18930 :)
17:53 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18930 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move lost item refund rules to circulation_rules table
17:53 wizzyrea cool I'll just reset it :)
17:53 wizzyrea yeah that's gotta be the one
17:53 wizzyrea ok thank you
17:53 wizzyrea it's just me carry on
17:54 oleonard wizzyrea I will not rest until I get to the bottom of this!!
17:54 wizzyrea stand down soldier
17:55 wizzyrea all betterer now
17:56 Margaret joined #koha
17:56 gmcharlt ashimema: question about meetbot?
17:58 oleonard Hi Margaret
17:58 oleonard Hi gmcharlt
17:58 Margaret hi oleonard!
17:58 wahanui hi oleopard
17:58 gmcharlt hi oleonard
17:58 wahanui hi oleopard
18:07 Joubu It would be good to have bug 22433 pushed quickly, to know why the test is failing
18:07 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22433 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , SIP/Transaction.t is failing randomly
18:07 Joubu super easy to test ;)
18:08 ashimema gmcharlt I was going to ask how feasable it might be too hook off the endmeeting to run a script (which populate the google calendar entries for the next meeting and updates the wiki pages)
18:14 gmcharlt ashimema: seems to me to be a bit overkill, but if you give me a web endpoint that the bot can GET or POST that activates said script, I'm wiling to have the bot invoke it
18:16 ashimema Yeah, I thought twice about it after I initially asked,
18:21 oleonard I don't want to distract gmcharlt from his months-long quest to find a way to get huginn`'s weather-reporting abilities back.
18:21 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 7088: DBRev <[…]2905885b494c81edf>
18:21 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 7088: Compiled CSS <[…]4772d795b2eea53fc>
18:21 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22790: Add a test <[…]d9d2d2de94de9cdf1>
18:21 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22847: Correctly displayed circ rule values for max_holds and maxissue* <[…]604bd6f1294c829b1>
18:21 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22790: The system preference itemBarcodeInputFilter is not applied for barcodes... <[…]154c9f3463b94d37e>
18:21 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 7088: (follow-up) Modify checkbox enabling <[…]ff1ef8a7ddb8ea999>
18:21 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 7088: (follow-up) AllowRenewalLimitOverride fix <[…]c9e6adfc88508ffed>
18:21 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 7088: (follow-up) Add pref to checkbox <[…]9b7026fe99b818ded>
18:21 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 7088: (follow-up) Default hold checkbox display <[…]da20fb40a036c5978>
18:21 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 7088: (follow-up) Set syspref default to off <[…]09c8557fd733a1b61>
18:21 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 7088: (follow-up) Remove script "type" attribute <[…]83a000d9afbdf4c02>
18:21 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 7088: (follow-up) Fix renewal limit bug <[…]19e518d508fcc18c6>
18:21 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 7088: Allow renew on hold items with due date <[…]8e4cb530c4cc0a8e9>
18:21 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 7088: Add AllowRenewalOnHoldOverride syspref <[…]342eb808f3524d81e>
18:35 khall joined #koha
18:42 oleonard See y'all later
18:45 wizzyrea bye oleo
18:45 wizzyrea nard
18:45 wizzyrea eesh
18:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #724: SUCCESS in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/724/
18:54 lisettelatah joined #koha
19:01 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
19:01 wahanui Congratulations!
19:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #219: FIXED in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/219/
19:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #233: SUCCESS in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/233/
19:11 indradg joined #koha
19:32 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22053: DBRev <[…]ab206ea163128ccbb>
19:32 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22811: Add button to clear DataTables filtering <[…]512fc0065fed6a42b>
19:32 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22053: (QA follow-up) Override enable_plugins configuration <[…]eee7e79040f758569>
19:32 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22053: (QA follow-up) More tests <[…]eafc87a7546b24f04>
19:32 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22053: update database <[…]6ac121c3f4c89a21f>
19:32 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22053: ability to enable/disable some plugins <[…]a87c8d2f00649e6e9>
19:32 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22053: create unit tests <[…]83cae413ee354cdce>
19:32 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21535: Anonymize function in Patron should not scramble email addresses <[…]3088030c89a877401>
19:41 Margaret joined #koha
19:44 m23 joined #koha
19:46 kathryn joined #koha
20:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #725: UNSTABLE in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/725/
20:06 Margaret_ joined #koha
20:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #220: UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/220/
20:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #234: UNSTABLE in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/234/
20:34 cait lisettelatah++
20:48 paul_p joined #koha
21:05 Margaret joined #koha
21:38 davidnind left #koha
22:01 Margaret joined #koha
22:06 Margaret_ joined #koha
23:39 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary