IRC log for #koha, 2019-03-25

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:19 amoyano_ thanks rangi
00:49 alexbuckley joined #koha
05:16 amoyano joined #koha
05:51 alexbuckley joined #koha
05:52 alexbuckley joined #koha
06:23 fridolin joined #koha
06:23 chris joined #koha
06:23 fridolin hi there :=
06:42 calire joined #koha
07:34 marcelr joined #koha
07:34 marcelr hi #koha
07:37 paul_p joined #koha
07:45 cait joined #koha
07:48 reiveune joined #koha
07:49 reiveune hello
07:49 wahanui what's up, reiveune
07:56 alex_a joined #koha
07:57 alex_a bonjour
07:57 wahanui hey, alex_a
08:22 sophie_m joined #koha
08:39 magnuse joined #koha
08:45 sophie_m joined #koha
09:06 dolf joined #koha
09:07 dolf Hi koha-people, are there any docs on creating custom themes? I'd like to modify the theme, but I don't want those modifications to disappear when I update Koha.
09:09 cait joined #koha
09:14 * cait waves
09:15 josef_moravec joined #koha
09:20 clrh hi all
09:20 clrh Does someone already render a koha plugin translated ?
09:21 ashimema I don't know of any specific docs for that dolf
09:21 clrh ed
09:21 ashimema I'd just recommend using the opacusercss and opacuserjs prefs really
09:22 ashimema we tend to add classes and id's with each release but we do try to keep the existing one's pretty consistent... no gauruntees though.
09:22 andreashm joined #koha
09:22 dolf @ashimema I would like to change the templates, e.g. /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmp​l/bootstrap/en/includes/
09:22 huginn` dolf: I suck
09:22 ashimema clrh Not sure I've seen any translated plugins yet.. their lack of translatability is one of caits big bugbears
09:22 ashimema annoyances
09:23 dolf @huginn` why do you say that?
09:23 ashimema in which case I wish you luck dolf... those change, sometimes pretty significantly, with most releases
09:23 huginn` dolf: I suck
09:23 ashimema ifnore huginn, he's a bot
09:23 clrh yep ashimema it will be a limitation for us too, but I wasn't sure
09:23 dolf lol what
09:24 ashimema I do believe there is a hope they become translatable.. but we need funding for it to happen
09:24 * ashimema would also like them translatable but I don't really know how to achieve it yet
09:25 dolf Since is inside the "bootstrap" folder, and bootstrap is the name of a theme, and the theme is configurable at Administration › System preferences > OPAC > Appearance, I thought, surely there must be a way to add a new theme. A theme that won't we overwritten by the next update?
09:27 clrh yes ashimema :)
09:27 ashimema you can add a new theme of course dolf, but you will certainly have to maintain it
09:28 ashimema perhaps wait for oleonard to come online.. he may be able to better advice
09:30 laurence joined #koha
09:30 cait ashimema: i like the big bugbear
09:30 ashimema hehe
09:31 cait clrh: maybe you could help fixing it? the new way to do translations biblibre introduced might be the way to go (translation fiels and on the fly)
09:32 cait dolf: we add lots of stuff each release, you can have you rown theme, but often things can be achieved with much less trouble
09:32 cait dolf: what is the change you want to make?
09:32 ashimema translation files on the fly.. what bug is that?
09:32 cait i tought it was how the new stuff in messages worked
09:32 * ashimema wasn't aware translations has changed recently
09:33 cait but i might be mistaken?
09:33 ashimema pass.. I need to dig into translations.. I haven't yet worked out how messages are translated
09:34 josef_moravec ashimema: not really changed, but added nuew functionality: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ext,_and_more_RFC
09:34 cait basically we already agreed that the plugins should not work with translating files but need a simpler way
09:34 ashimema mm.. I saw the plural forms stuff
09:34 cait thx josef_moravec :)
09:34 andreash_ joined #koha
09:35 dolf @ashimema Do you mean add it to koha for everyone? I definitely don't want to do that.
09:35 huginn` dolf: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
09:35 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
09:35 ashimema It's easy enough to make a plugin itself translated (for single language installs)
09:35 cait please don't use @ :) it upsets the bots
09:35 cait ashimema: we don't run a single single language install
09:35 cait and it means forking
09:36 dolf so many surprises (facepalm)
09:36 cait all good
09:36 dolf how am I supposed to address specific users?
09:36 cait we are just recommending that you take a look at ohter options first, because maintaining your own theme turns into a lot of work quickly
09:36 cait and there are a lot of options to change Koha without doing it, but it would be easier if you tell us what you want to do
09:36 ashimema but yeah.. we certainly do need to forge a path for translating plugins
09:37 ashimema what she said dolf.. cait is better articulating than me today
09:38 cait there are lots of different ways for customizing Koha
09:38 clrh cait yep we could probably help (but not now) - we are writing our first plugin for french community (it is specific) but the mecanic could be probably reused for english guys ;) - ideally we would love to do it in english and translate it in a proper way
09:38 dolf I need to add a custom HTML header above <div id="wrap">, among other things. It needs to conform to cross-site navigation that we have elsewhere on other sites. So it's a very specific, company-specific thing. There may be other changes too.
09:38 cait have you taken a look at the header preference?
09:38 cait adding custom navigation is not that unuusal
09:39 dolf Yes, it adds it below the navbar, which is not what I need.
09:39 cait and what you can also do if it's not quite the right spot
09:39 cait move it up with jquery
09:39 dolf NOooo, that's way too hacky
09:39 cait you can move it in DOM to the right spot
09:39 dolf I thought of that
09:39 cait well... it is
09:39 cait but it will give you less headache
09:39 cait do you work with translations?
09:39 cait runnign koha in different languages I mean?
09:40 dolf No, the interface is only in English
09:40 cait that makes it a bit easier
09:40 cait if you want to try templates
09:40 ashimema you could submit a patch adding yet another pref for adding a block where you want
09:40 cait try copying only the file you want to change
09:40 cait in theory,... there should be inheritance
09:40 ashimema or.. you could clone all the existing templates into your own theme, add your header and then update those templates manually yourself with every release
09:40 ashimema indeed
09:40 ashimema what cait said
09:41 cait i think it falls back to files it doesn't find... so i would keep changed files to an absolute minimum
09:41 dolf Look, I really don't mind maintaining my own theme, I'm only worried about the fact that my theme will get deleted with every update
09:41 ashimema you will certainly need to look at it with every upgrade to check
09:41 cait no it would not
09:41 cait hm
09:41 cait i am not sure about packages actually
09:41 cait we put it all in git and roll our own packages, so I haven't tested it
09:41 cait ashimema: do you know?
09:41 * ashimema hasn't seen anyone running with a custom theme in the whild for literally years
09:42 dolf I feel like Koha needs a pluggable theme system, like Drupal (which is what I'm used to developing for)
09:42 cait i'd recommend backing up your custom template, just to be on the safe side
09:42 cait drupal is simpler
09:42 cait Koha has tons of templates
09:42 * ashimema isn't sure.. I don't believe we delete on upgrade.. but we do install our themes into a system dir though
09:42 cait for very different tasks
09:43 ashimema I don't know how the theme system looks for alternate themes and paths without looking at the code..
09:43 cait well, i don't actually know drupal, but i would not compare a cms to a ils
09:43 ashimema patches welcome dolf
09:43 ashimema I'd love to see improvement in those area's
09:43 ashimema but I don't have anyone willing to fund them ;)
09:43 cait yeah, maybe needs a proof of concept and i am just lacking imagination :)
09:44 dolf I'm not comparing Drupal to Koha, just the fact that Drupal has a pluggable theme system, which is something I'd love to see in Koha. I could help with development in that area, but I need to learn Perl first...
09:44 ashimema cait, did you get my PM?
09:45 cait oh
09:45 cait i don't think i did
09:46 dolf Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll see what I can hack together on my side for now. Learning Perl is in the pipelines, so maybe I can help with that in the future. Looks like a macabre language...
09:47 ashimema wow
09:47 cait I'd be careful what you say in a group of perl programmers ;)
09:48 cait hitting their used language usually is not received well
09:49 clrh <3
09:49 dolf Just joking hey.
09:49 dolf I also hate PHP, which is what I use 90% of the time
09:50 cait maybe you should reconsidre your life choices :P
09:50 dolf LOL... I'm more of a software engineer than a developer, so I use whatever I need to use to get the job done.
09:50 ashimema the problem with perl is how much very old fashioned code is still out there and pointed to in examples (koha is pretty bad on that front to be honet)
09:50 ashimema s/honet/honest/
09:51 dolf that's sed
09:51 dolf I mean sad
09:51 ashimema but there is allot of much nicer more modern perl too.. it's a very performant and elegant language when used well
09:52 ashimema take a look at the Mojolicious project.. their examples are much better.. especially now they're starting to advise signatures and things (though their docs are not yet fully compliant with their own goal of all examples using signatures)
09:53 ashimema it's all nice modern OO and stuff already though.. and inspired by the best bits of lots of other langauges
09:53 ashimema TIMTOWTDI is perls blessing and perls downfall all in one (There Is More Than One Way To Do It)
09:55 magnuse dolf: have you seen[…]c-theme-galadriel ? maybe not what you need, though
09:56 dolf I've seen it, yes. Looks like it uses the plugin system to add a theme, but I couldn't quite figure out how to install it.
09:57 magnuse enable the plugin system and upload the latest .kpz file from[…]aladriel/releases
09:57 dolf ashimema That makes sense. My favourite language is Python, which I don't get to use in big projects often, unfortunately. There they have the opposite philosophy:
09:58 dolf magnuse: silly me... I couldn't find the kpz file, actually. Yet there it is in plain sight.
09:58 ashimema yeah, I like python but similarly don't get much oportunity to use it
10:00 magnuse dolf: easy when you know it ;-)
10:02 ashimema dolf: looks like you can change where koha looks for theme's in the config file.. opachtdocs and intranethtdocs
10:03 dolf Oh, that might help! I could keep a local copy of the bootstrap theme, with minimal modifications.
10:03 ashimema indeed
10:03 ashimema took me a little digging through code to find it, but it's there
10:04 ashimema perhaps needs better documenting somewhere.. it's not an area of koha that's changed in a long time
10:04 cait we have maintained the functionality but i am not aware of anyone using themes, like you said
10:05 cait it shoudl work, but probably not widely used
10:05 cait hea might have an idea about that
10:06 cait
10:12 cait ok, have to go
10:12 cait will be back tonight or tomorrow
10:12 dolf Is it possible to see other users' time zones on irc? I'm in GMT+2
10:21 amoyano_ joined #koha
10:30 vfernandes joined #koha
10:56 andreashm joined #koha
11:06 ashimema any qa team around?
11:06 josef_moravec ashimema: yes
11:07 ashimema awesome.. any chance you've got a moment for a blocker?
11:07 ashimema I'd love to get bug 22565 in before I prep my release today ;)
11:07 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22565 blocker, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , Partially receiving order and adding internal note on invoice updates note on every order on the system
11:07 ashimema should be a very trivial one to test.. just a sanity check of my update
11:08 josef_moravec ashimema: ok, I'll look into it
11:08 ashimema thanks josef_moravec
11:27 josef_moravec ashimema: tested, works OK, just added a small followup to tests
11:27 ashimema awesome, thanks
11:28 josef_moravec If you think my follow-up is OK (should be ;) we could pass it to have it in today's release...
11:29 * ashimema will have a quick look at the followup now
11:36 oleonard joined #koha
11:46 calire oleonard!
11:46 wahanui oleonard is happy for ashimema to write the release script
11:59 oleonard Hi!
12:12 magnuse oleonard!
12:12 wahanui somebody said oleonard was happy for ashimema to write the release script
12:13 ashimema lopl
12:13 ashimema lol.. even
12:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22565: (QA follow-up) Fix test Acquisition.t <[…]07070865f9f272115>
12:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22565: Add test for ModReceiveOrder regression <[…]8962244d6cbf8a7c8>
12:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22565: Do NOT replace all internalnote's on receive <[…]fbb28e4b32c493903>
12:19 paxed is there a page where staff could put a list of borrowernumbers to delete patrons? analogous to batch record deletion
12:21 kidclamp You can batch add patrons to  a list, then use that list for deleting patrons
12:23 paxed oh? is that a newer than 17.05 feature?
12:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #691: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/691/
12:48 magnuse joined #koha
12:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #184: STILL UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/184/
12:52 alex_a joined #koha
12:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #197: STILL UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/197/
12:57 tcohen morning all
12:58 alex_a hello tcohen
12:58 magnuse kia ora tcohen
12:58 andreashm hey tcohen, magnuse, alex_a
12:59 magnuse hiya andreashm
12:59 magnuse see you on wednesday?
13:01 andreashm tomorrow even, I hope! The meeting starts then and I will be there at least.
13:03 alex_a hi andreashm
13:09 magnuse andreashm: i don't arrive before sometime on wednesday
13:09 andreashm ah ok!
13:10 andreashm We'll do all the Norwegian jokes tomorrow then. =)
13:10 magnuse Petter will be there :-)
13:10 magnuse but thanks anyway
13:10 andreashm =)
13:31 caroline1 joined #koha
13:31 caroline1 good morning everyone!
13:32 talljoy good morning
13:33 magnuse good afternoon!
13:40 oleonard good 9:40 GMT -4
13:40 talljoy lol
13:44 laurence joined #koha
13:54 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:54 oleonard Hi wizzyrea
13:59 wizzyrea hi
14:00 wizzyrea joined #koha
14:03 oleonard Hey everyone don't be afraid of Bug 21646! You don't have to have OverDrive to test it. I updated the test plan to make it clear.
14:03 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21646 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Clean up Overdrive template
14:04 Marc joined #koha
14:08 wizzyrea hey oleonard when you say "regenerate the OPAC CSS" what does that mean
14:09 oleonard Have you done the CSS compilation step for the staff client before?
14:09 oleonard https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_and_staff_client
14:10 wizzyrea hm no
14:11 wizzyrea and in fact that whole thing is why I don't even try to fix those things anymore (I didn't have time to learn, I might have time to learn it now)
14:11 wizzyrea probably have time to learn, actually :)
14:11 oleonard I know it's added complexity from the developer side of things but it's done to gain real benefits for the user
14:12 wizzyrea it's fine
14:13 wizzyrea well ok here's why I ask because I followed those instructins
14:13 wizzyrea for the opac
14:13 wizzyrea and I get 404's on the new css files
14:13 wizzyrea so I must be missing something
14:15 oleonard I would associate 404's on css files with the css/js asset versioning and wonder about your Apache config, but that would be a problem before or after compiling CSS...I think
14:18 wizzyrea hm no it hasn't been a problem before
14:21 oleonard What's an example of a bad file name wizzyrea?
14:22 wizzyrea 1s
14:25 wizzyrea opac-tmpl/bootstrap/lib/font-awesome/f​onts/fontawesome-webfont.woff2?v=4.3.0
14:26 wizzyrea i'm sorry I lied
14:26 wizzyrea those are fonts and things
14:26 wizzyrea and a couple of png's
14:26 wizzyrea[…]_ffffff_1x400.png
14:27 wizzyrea[…]ac_18.1200031.css this doesn't 404, but it's empty
14:27 oleonard That is sub-optimal
14:28 * wizzyrea reads the directions again
14:29 wizzyrea oh oh I fixed it
14:29 wizzyrea i'm not sure how exactly but I went through a 3rd time and now it's back
14:29 wizzyrea what even
14:29 wizzyrea I'll take that.
14:30 wizzyrea oleonard ^
14:30 oleonard Gremlins
14:30 wizzyrea monday
14:31 wizzyrea ok good I think I have a handle on that thing monstly now
14:34 wizzyrea so for signoffs on those kinds of patches, oleonard
14:34 wizzyrea we don't commit the compiled CSS right/
14:34 oleonard Correct
14:34 wizzyrea reset and sign off on the actual patch
14:34 wizzyrea ok cool ty
14:36 wizzyrea oleonard, did I do that right on 22568? I'll stop bothering you soon
14:36 wizzyrea bug 22568
14:36 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22568 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Replace RSS icon in the OPAC with Font Awesome
14:36 oleonard Looks right to me. And never stop bothering me.
14:37 oleonard wizzyrea++
14:37 wizzyrea excellent
14:37 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
14:37 wizzyrea teehee
14:38 oleonard wahanui:
14:38 wahanui oleonard: huh?
14:42 magnuse joined #koha
14:42 wizzyrea hi magnuse
14:45 wizzyrea walking away for mmm 5 minutes for a hot drink
15:09 lukeG joined #koha
15:13 oleonard Thanks wizzyrea !
15:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #52: SUCCESS in 22 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D8/52/
15:19 oleonard Anyone know what this means? 'Can't call method "unblessed" on an undefined value at /home/vagrant/kohaclone/opac/ line 92.'
15:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #54: SUCCESS in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D9/54/
15:22 oleonard It happened a few times when logging in to the OPAC as various randomly-chosen patrons. Didn't happen for others. Not sure what the common factor is
15:22 wizzyrea well I'd buess that you didn't find the patron
15:23 wizzyrea the line before is my $patron = Koha::Patrons->find( $borrowernumber );
15:23 wizzyrea and then it tries to do the thing to it, but it can't because there's no patron?
15:24 wizzyrea at least that's how I read it
15:24 wizzyrea is it consistent with the same patron/
15:24 wizzyrea ? Like, the same patron always fails
15:25 oleonard Yes
15:25 wizzyrea maybe it's not getting a borrowernumber for that patron?
15:29 wizzyrea I feel like this message could be shortened a bit "You entered an incorrect username or password. Please try again! But note that passwords are case sensitive. Please contact a library staff member if you continue to have problems."
15:31 wizzyrea Huh. Facebook will tell you the name of the person for any username if you get an incorrect password
15:31 wizzyrea for example, I typed in sadfasdf, and it's like "Log in as Serap Uzun"
15:32 oleonard Oh no, a security failure at Facebook? That's unpossible!
15:32 wizzyrea maybe it's only for people with public profiles, it doesn't work for mine (though mine's deactivated)
15:33 wizzyrea interesting.
15:35 calire left #koha
15:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #50: SUCCESS in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_U18/50/
15:39 wizzyrea \o/
15:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #53: SUCCESS in 22 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D8/53/
15:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #55: SUCCESS in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D9/55/
16:04 davidnind joined #koha
16:09 davidnind oleonard, ashimema or Joubu: could you add this week's development meeting to the calendar? (https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ng_27_March_2019)
16:10 oleonard I can
16:10 davidnind Wouldn't want anyone to miss out on an IRC meeting :)
16:10 davidnind thanks oleonard!
16:11 caroline1 I thought it was next week?
16:11 caroline1 oh sorry, I misread... ignore me
16:11 oleonard ashimema: :P
16:12 davidnind we would never ignore caroline1!
16:12 caroline1 only when i talk nonsense... :)
16:12 ashimema ?
16:13 ashimema oh, I see
16:13 ashimema lol
16:13 ashimema thanks oleonard
16:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #241: SUCCESS in 24 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.05_U18/241/
16:23 oleonard Do anonymous suggestions normally disappear into the ether after they're submitted?
16:24 fridolin left #koha
16:25 wizzyrea hm no
16:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #51: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_U18/51/
16:26 oleonard "this is our placebo suggestion form"
16:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #241: SUCCESS in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D9/241/
16:26 wizzyrea speaking of, does it seem rude to say
16:27 wizzyrea "you are unauthorised to see pending purchase suggestions"
16:27 wizzyrea for anon ones
16:27 oleonard yeah I'm trying to get rid of that as part of Bug 22515
16:27 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22515 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , OPACViewOthersSuggestions if set to Show will only show when patron has made a suggestion
16:27 wizzyrea oh good
16:27 wizzyrea you gonna go straight[…] here?
16:27 wizzyrea because that makes sense to me, for a logged out user.
16:28 oleonard Yes, that's part of it.
16:28 * oleonard is trying to simplify the logic in the template
16:28 wizzyrea Do you have an anonymous patron set up?
16:29 wizzyrea I don't and sure enough mine have gone into the aether
16:29 oleonard I do
16:32 wizzyrea you've put the number in for that borrower in the syspref?
16:32 oleonard Yes
16:33 davidnind left #koha
16:33 wizzyrea yeah nah they're totally disappearing
16:33 wizzyrea Koha's storing them tho
16:34 wizzyrea Branchcode is NULL
16:34 wizzyrea which is probably why they aren't turning up in the staff client
16:34 oleonard I feel like this is a bug which has been fixed before :|
16:34 wizzyrea *nod* same
16:35 wizzyrea well the real question is
16:35 wizzyrea why aren't we using the branchcode of the anonymous patron
16:35 wizzyrea i mean that's kinda a no-brainer.
16:35 wizzyrea we've got a borrower, it's got a branchcode
16:35 oleonard Bug 14830
16:35 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14830 normal, P3, ---, koha-bugs, In Discussion , anonymous purchase suggestions are invisible/inaccessible in staff interface
16:35 wizzyrea oh discussion.
16:36 wizzyrea aka "bug purgatory"
16:36 oleonard The souls in purgatory get to leave eventually ;)
16:37 wizzyrea BURN.
16:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #245: SUCCESS in 19 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D8/245/
16:42 oleonard I wonder if the issue is that we need a permission specifically for managing suggestions at all branches
16:42 wizzyrea or every branch should be able to see anonymous suggestions
16:43 wizzyrea that's so hard for multi/independent systems
16:44 ashimema any inlibro staff here?
16:44 ashimema caroline1 remind me, does that include you?
16:45 caroline1 yes
16:45 caroline1 but i'm not a dev
16:45 ashimema any chance of zhihui's full name?
16:45 wizzyrea gosh, if a patch "breaks the tests" because of "a problem with the tests" shouldn't the developer of the patch that does it idk, troubleshoot the tests?
16:46 caroline1 oh, he doesn't work here anymore
16:46 ashimema for the release notes as they signed off on bug 15149
16:46 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15149 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Pushed to Stable , Serials: Test prediction pattern does not consider Subscription start and end date
16:46 ashimema be nice to give proper acreditation if I can ;)
16:46 caroline1 huh... let me check with blou
16:46 ashimema awesome, ta
16:46 * ashimema might be a tad anal about making sure the release notes look pretty
16:47 caroline1 He actually never worked here, that's why I'm confused... He quit before his first day ¬_¬
16:47 * wizzyrea imagines global snickering
16:48 ashimema oh.. lol
16:48 wizzyrea A+ that's an excellent typo
16:49 wizzyrea lol
16:49 caroline1 OMG oleonard LOL!
16:50 caroline1 ashimema what can we do? blou tells me it's Bin Wen who did a sign off on the wrong account
16:50 wizzyrea ah commit authors can always be fixed
16:50 ashimema okies, no worries.
16:50 ashimema I will alias it to Bin Wen :)
16:50 caroline1 thx :)
16:51 ashimema if he ever does come to work for you and gets back the @inlibro email it may need to be unaliased
16:51 ashimema but that won't be a problem
16:51 caroline1 I think he pretty much burned the bridge there
16:52 ashimema sounded like i
16:52 ashimema sounded like it
16:52 ashimema wow.. this is a fun one
16:53 oleonard Quitting before your first day is definitely a burnt bridge!
17:00 reiveune bye
17:00 reiveune left #koha
17:00 laurence left #koha
17:02 caroline1 bbl
17:09 josef_moravec joined #koha
17:09 oleonard Does anyone know offhand what is checked when you try to delete an item type?
17:09 oleonard The "record in use" error message is unhelpful.
17:10 oleonard does it check bibliographic data? (as opposed to items)
17:11 wizzyrea i believe it checks whether there is an active hold on, whether the item is checked out
17:11 wizzyrea i'm not sure about fine type things
17:13 andreashm joined #koha
17:14 paul_p joined #koha
17:16 lukeG does anyone know who can give me access rights to download.koha-community? im trying to roll the 18.05.x release and right now only JesseM can do it…
17:18 wizzyrea paging rangi
17:19 wizzyrea or maybe gmcharlt
17:19 ashimema gmcharlt can
17:20 ashimema not somewhere I have the gift I'm afraid lukeG
17:20 wizzyrea they both can :) just whoever answers first - it's gonna be early for NZ yet
17:22 wizzyrea bug 22333 the comments there make me a bit >:(
17:22 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22333 normal, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Needs Signoff , Replace duplicated code in CanBookBeRenewed with GetSoonestRenewDate
17:22 wizzyrea someone talk me off a cliff
17:29 ashimema gmcharlt is usually lurking much earlier.. hense my pointing him out
17:29 ashimema oh noes.. don't jump off the cliff wizzyrea
17:30 oleonard wizzyrea: I think your job title entitles you to (checking notes), oh yes... "Bust heads on Bugzilla."
17:33 ashimema hehe
17:41 caroline1 oleonard, did you find your answer about the item type deletion?
17:43 oleonard caroline1: Looking at the code it looks like it checks through items and biblioitems
17:44 oleonard I thought there was more because I thought i'd cleaned up all the records, but I missed one
17:44 caroline1 I often get questions from confused clients who are trying to delete item types, but it is still used in the record (field 942$c)
17:44 caroline1 They think item types are for items (which is logical)
17:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #56: UNSTABLE in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D9/56/
17:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #52: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_U18/52/
17:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #54: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D8/54/
17:59 gmcharlt lukeG: please send me your SSH public key
18:12 Marjorie joined #koha
18:14 Marjorie Hi, I start with the configuration of the ES search engine. Is there a way to set which fields are searchable in the keyword index (kw) in admin/searchengine/elasticsearch/ Is there a development planned for this?
18:14 wizzyrea pass
18:25 sameee joined #koha
18:28 oleonard Maybe kidclamp knows?
18:30 kidclamp running out for pickup will check in a bit
18:30 kidclamp I knwo we discussed it but don't know if open bug
18:39 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
18:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #57: FIXED in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D9/57/
18:57 oleonard Bye all
19:04 kathryn joined #koha
19:06 wizzyrea hi kathryn
19:07 kathryn hi wizzyrea :)
19:08 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
19:15 cait joined #koha
19:16 andreashm joined #koha
19:24 gmcharlt lukeG++
19:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #242: SUCCESS in 24 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.05_U18/242/
19:31 * cait waves
19:34 wizzyrea hi cait
19:34 cait hi wizzyrea
19:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #242: SUCCESS in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D9/242/
19:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #246: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D8/246/
19:46 wizzyrea did you have a nice weekend cait
19:46 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:46 cait it was ok
19:49 wizzyrea hi alexbuckley
19:50 alexbuckley hi wizzyrea and cait!
20:48 andreashm joined #koha
23:10 sameee joined #koha
23:13 andreashm joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary