IRC log for #koha, 2019-02-27

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:09 caroline1 joined #koha
00:27 cait joined #koha
02:44 caroline1 joined #koha
03:05 indradg joined #koha
03:22 indradg_ joined #koha
03:36 indradg_ joined #koha
03:52 mtj @later tell vero hi, perhaps upgrade to the latest 18.05.x release. your version is a bit 'fresh' :)
03:52 huginn` mtj: The operation succeeded.
03:54 indradg joined #koha
03:54 * mtj just upgraded that version to 18.05.09 (latest) and it fixed a few circ problems
03:55 indradg_ joined #koha
04:04 devap joined #koha
04:04 mtj have many other spotted  reoccuring 'increment bug' situations on 18.05 and up?
06:01 fridolin joined #koha
06:03 cait joined #koha
06:09 chris3 joined #koha
06:13 josef_moravec joined #koha
06:23 josef_moravec morning #koha
06:30 * cait waves
06:46 calire joined #koha
06:56 janPasi_ joined #koha
07:02 janPasi joined #koha
07:22 alexbuckley joined #koha
07:27 janPasi_ joined #koha
07:32 reiveune joined #koha
07:33 reiveune hello
07:33 wahanui salut, reiveune
07:42 gveranis joined #koha
07:42 gveranis Kalimera Koha#
07:43 sophie_m joined #koha
07:51 alex_a joined #koha
07:52 alex_a bonjour
08:20 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:24 davidnind joined #koha
08:29 fridolin1 joined #koha
08:35 zb gumorron #koha :)
08:38 cait joined #koha
08:38 paul_p joined #koha
08:44 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:46 * cait waves
09:05 matts joined #koha
09:07 andreashm joined #koha
09:07 tanzeem joined #koha
09:07 tanzeem ih
09:07 tanzeem hi
09:07 tanzeem I have recently migrated an old KOHA system to KOHA 3.2 using KOHA Live DVD. I used Marc Export/Import Method. But the barcode and full call number data are not exported correctly. When I tried to add the barcode manually, it is found as not saved when I search for the record again. Only in the Edit Record field I could see the barcode fields, but which actually have to be seen in the Edit Items. Please advise.
09:11 tanzeem hi
09:11 tanzeem anybody there
09:11 tanzeem pls help
09:12 davidnind left #koha
09:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #149: SUCCESS in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_17.11_D8/149/
09:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #40: SUCCESS in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_U18/40/
09:22 nlegrand Hi tanzeem, Koha 3.2 is a very old system and I'm not sure anyone here remember truly how it worked
09:22 gveranis why you install Koha 3.2 and not the latest version of Koha ? 3.2 is quite old
09:22 alexbuckley joined #koha
09:23 magnuse 3.2 was released on 22nd november 2010, if i am not mistaken
09:24 gveranis Try if you want to use any demo installation of koha community to test your export on newest version of Koha
09:24 gveranis do you have a lot of records ?
09:28 tanzeem ive a lot of records
09:28 tanzeem in item records view i cant see a barcode field
09:29 tanzeem ive only records, no items added to the records in the migrated db
09:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #41: UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D8/41/
09:30 tanzeem wheras i had already added barcode, call numbers in my old db.
09:33 magnuse How old is the old Koha system?
09:34 magnuse to be able to move item information from the old to the new the item data needs to be in MARC field 952 in the exported records
09:34 tanzeem it was done in 2009-2010
09:35 tanzeem But why "am i not getting these field in the Add Item form even after making it mandatary in mu custom MARC Record Structure
09:37 magnuse Ah, when you look at the "Add Item" form, the fields for barcode is missing?
09:37 tanzeem yes
09:39 magnuse it is possible to hide subfields in different ways, but i am not sure how that worked in 3.2
09:40 magnuse try to take another look at the settings for 952$p and see if you have accidentally hidden the fiels
09:40 tanzeem it is coming correctly in the add record form, but I cant add items. it is in the add item form, where barcode should actually come
09:40 tanzeem ok
09:42 tanzeem it is not hidden
09:44 tanzeem it comes in the add record form,
09:44 tanzeem but not in the add items form
09:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #42: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D9/42/
09:50 tcohen morning #koha
09:52 tanzeem thanks all, i will see to it later, bye
10:58 calire joined #koha
11:27 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
11:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #42: FIXED in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D8/42/
11:32 magnuse \o/
12:03 gveranis joined #koha
12:06 Joubu fridolin1: should not you send an email to the general koha ML to inform about the data lost issue?
12:06 Joubu @later tell lucasG should not you send an email to the general koha ML to inform about the data lost issue?
12:06 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
12:12 * kidclamp waves
12:18 andreashm joined #koha
12:23 fridolin1 Joubu: which bug is that please ?
12:23 Joubu bug 22395
12:23 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22395 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Data in 245 field (subfield a or b) will be deleted if it has Quotation Marks
12:23 Joubu same as yesterday
12:45 alex_a joined #koha
13:11 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:16 devap joined #koha
13:17 * cait waves
13:23 corilynn joined #koha
13:31 cait Joubu: wrong patch on bug 22395
13:31 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22395 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Data in 245 field (subfield a or b) will be deleted if it has Quotation Marks
13:33 Joubu erk
13:33 Joubu thx
13:33 cait np
13:34 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
13:40 tcohen Joubu: around?
13:42 Joubu yep
13:44 tcohen we should simplify all that stuffs, and the controller script well, get rid of it
13:45 Joubu tcohen: should not we remove tags that will return 0 result?
13:46 tcohen the loop is all wrong
13:46 tcohen but yeah, your idea was ok
13:47 tcohen the question is: we are hiding records with tags from the list
13:48 tcohen would you agree we should just keep that biblionumbers list, and do a different search
13:48 tcohen filtering those out?
13:49 tcohen Koha::Tags::Approvals->search({ borrowernumber => $patron->borrowernumber, biblionumber => { -not => { -in => \@hidden_biblionumbers } } })
13:49 Joubu yup
13:54 tcohen I volunteer to write two endpoints fr that
13:54 tcohen if  you do the UI part of it
14:12 caroline1 joined #koha
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21747: DBRev <[…]a0b9d8934823cba47>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21241: (RM follow-up) Fix error in update description <[…]26b82b88a43ff6bf8>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22016: Unit tests <[…]572156309f296fd41>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22014: Unit tests <[…]6071e7a94891bacb9>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22349: Remove overzealous database deletions from test <[…]75eacd6a86c1f9087>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22337: Make it clearer that language preferences can be re-ordered <[…]6bd0e1b0334562b07>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21765: Make AutoUnsuspendReserves call Koha::Hold->resume <[…]58cb9880ecefcce3a>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21765: Regression tests <[…]b9f54600c82f150e2>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21747: (follow-up) Intelligent rename of offsets <[…]8897545ff5e25471c>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 12318: Show shelving location on subscription tab in OPAC and staff <[…]c3c63802006fa35fd>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22084: Regression tests <[…]449ba86574775b840>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22084: Plugin upgrade method and database plugin version storage will never be... <[…]697794a3624c73937>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22016: Always send CT field for SIP checkin, even if empty <[…]2a740e372c4722287>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22014: Add ability to send "00" in SIP CV field on checkin success <[…]f13c37354a1306722>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21875: Handling subject line in <[…]6f7b4aab46896a7da>
14:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21747: Use Koha::Account:: routines in UpdateFine <[…]f6ed15fc40003013b>
14:16 oleonard joined #koha
14:17 cait ashimema: or anyone... can I map extended patron attributes for shibboleth provisioning?
14:17 oleonard Hi all
14:17 kidclamp I don't believe so cait
14:18 ashimema Thanks kidclamp.. I couldn't remember myself
14:18 cait ah too bad
14:18 cait is there a bug already for it?
14:18 kidclamp I haven't checked code, but is hwo I remember it
14:19 cait this is 'add user' with 17.11 https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=12026
14:19 huginn` Bug 12026: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, CLOSED FIXED, Shibboleth auto-provisioning - Create
14:19 cait i know more is in 18.05, but we are dealing with 17.11 here
14:21 cait also looking for th eright dateformat
14:21 cait i assume database format? or DateFormat setting?
14:21 cait 2019-01-01?
14:21 wahanui 2017
14:21 cait lol thx wahanui
14:24 Joubu tcohen: me? the UI part? lol
14:25 tcohen Joubu: yes LOL
14:25 tcohen I thought you would do anything to get rid of that controller script
14:26 tcohen that does too many things depending on query params (even serves a webservice for AJAX)
14:26 cait oh which one?
14:26 wahanui which one are you looking at?
14:27 tcohen
14:29 caroline1 good morning!
14:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #662: UNSTABLE in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/662/
14:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #154: UNSTABLE in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/154/
14:51 * kidclamp shakes fist at jenkins
14:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #171: STILL UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/171/
14:57 tcohen ashimema: new fk constraints would bite you at some point
14:58 ashimema Do you mean you knew?
14:58 ashimema Or.. new constraint will bite me
14:58 ashimema Sorry.. grammatical gut that I am, that confused me
15:10 calire left #koha
15:14 lukeG joined #koha
15:20 cait left #koha
15:26 andreashm joined #koha
15:41 lukeG1 joined #koha
15:47 davidnind joined #koha
15:56 paul_p joined #koha
15:56 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
16:00 cait joined #koha
16:11 reiveune bye
16:11 reiveune left #koha
16:31 * cait waves
16:36 fridolin1 left #koha
17:29 cait oleonard: could you take a look at bug 22425? I tihnk it's related to the move of famfamfam files
17:29 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22425 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Icons directory broken on OPAC interface
17:45 oleonard I commented
18:15 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
18:19 cait thx!
18:45 thd joined #koha
18:45 josef_moravec joined #koha
18:46 thd tcohen: Are you present?
18:48 tcohen it depends
18:48 tcohen I am
18:48 tcohen :-D
18:49 tcohen thd: hola
18:49 wahanui what's up, tcohen
18:50 thd I was wondering about patron_id nomenclature and just now checking what had been done for the universality of such usage in earlier endpoints over which we had a specific discussion.
18:52 thd It seems that we may have adopted patron_id for wide applicability.
18:54 kathryn joined #koha
18:55 thd tcohen: I have been comparing the nomenclature in the circulation endpoint with NCIP nomenclature.
18:55 cait we have a coding guideline that the api terminology shoudl follow the terms in the gui
18:55 cait so that's why patron_id
18:55 m23 joined #koha
18:56 * josef_moravec waves
18:56 josef_moravec hi m23, glad to see you here
18:56 thd cait: My concern is not about creating an inconsistency with the GUI but merely that we add equivalence for consistency with official standards.
18:57 cait i don't tihnk we need to match a standard with our rest api
18:58 kidclamp meeting soon?
18:58 cait 2 mins
18:59 cait afk for a minute, brb
19:00 thd cait tcohen, Is one of the purposes of the REST API not to allow for interaction with Koha by external systems?
19:01 cait yes
19:01 cait Joubu: will you chair?
19:02 thd cait: I merely suggest that we may need to add some equivalencies to add interoperability with other standards.
19:03 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019
19:03 huginn` Meeting started Wed Feb 27 19:03:34 2019 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
19:03 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:03 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019)
19:03 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_27_february_2019'
19:03 cait kidclamp: Joubu?
19:03 wahanui Joubu is, like, kidding, right ;)
19:03 kidclamp #chair Joubu
19:03 huginn` Current chairs: Joubu kidclamp
19:03 kidclamp #chair cait
19:03 huginn` Current chairs: Joubu cait kidclamp
19:03 thd cait: The API nomenclature is already very close and we may have already deviated from the GUI in one place for clarity which might mean adjusting the GUI.
19:03 kidclamp #topic Introductions
19:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019)
19:03 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
19:04 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, BYWater solutions
19:04 kidclamp I will have to leave ~30 mins
19:04 kidclamp #chair tcohen
19:04 huginn` Current chairs: Joubu cait kidclamp tcohen
19:04 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
19:04 m23 #info Michal Denar, JohaCZ
19:04 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
19:05 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
19:05 m23 KohaCZ, damn phone keyboard
19:05 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:05 josef_moravec #info Josef Moravec, Municipal Library Ústí nad Orlicí, Czech Republic
19:07 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_27_February_2019
19:08 Joubu #topic Announcements
19:08 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019)
19:08 Joubu Anyone have something?
19:08 Joubu sounds like a no
19:09 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (19.05)
19:09 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (19.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019)
19:09 Joubu kidclamp: your turn
19:09 kidclamp Hi All!
19:09 kidclamp Trying to  catch up with the queue
19:09 kidclamp Some failures on Jenkins
19:10 Joubu that's wrong, I have just attached a follow-up to fix them :)
19:10 kidclamp Looking at Mana we need some fixes, the searchign is bad'
19:10 cait Joubu++
19:10 tcohen Joubu++
19:10 kidclamp ES, going to push 19575 - I talked with Ere and things seem okay now
19:10 kidclamp Joubu++
19:10 cait QA is unhappy about that, please fix
19:10 cait (Mana)
19:10 kidclamp in another meeting, so a bit scattered, but things are going well
19:10 cait bug 19575
19:10 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19575 major, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Passed QA , Use canonical field names and resolve aliased fields
19:10 kidclamp thank you all for hard work and keep them copming :-)
19:11 Joubu #info Mana has known bugs that must be fixed as soon as possible
19:11 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
19:11 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019)
19:11 Joubu rmaints?
19:11 wahanui rmaints is ashimema and fridolin are the rmaints
19:11 kidclamp lukeg jessem
19:11 kidclamp lukeG1:
19:11 JesseM_ Hi
19:11 wahanui bidet, JesseM_
19:12 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize , PTFS Europe
19:12 JesseM_ Things are going very well! Just trying to keep up wiht ashimema
19:12 JesseM_ ;P
19:12 ashimema Sorry I'm late... Bedtime duties
19:12 JesseM_ #info Jesse Maseto. BWS
19:12 Joubu rmaints is ashimema (18.11), lukeG and JesseM (18.05), and fridolin (17.11)
19:12 ashimema Snap only it's trying to keep up with kidclamp
19:13 Joubu nope, things are not well, critical bug (data lost) is in latest 18.05 and 17.11
19:13 ashimema #info 18.11.03 was released on schedule end of last week
19:13 Joubu bug 22395 is the one
19:13 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22395 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, ASSIGNED , Data in 245 field (subfield a or b) will be deleted if it has Quotation Marks
19:13 Joubu it must be reverted to be fixed in the next releases
19:14 Joubu as well as, I think, advertised in the general mailing list
19:14 ashimema #info code is being pushed fast for the next release.. lots of small bugfixes, nothing revolutionary.
19:14 Joubu or new release including only this patch?
19:15 tcohen we need to release a patch version
19:15 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:16 Joubu coordination?
19:17 JesseM Yes we'll revert 21986 in 18.05.x
19:17 Joubu #info critical bug (22395) in latest 18.05 and 17.11 - Rmaints coordination would be great (new release and mails to the general ML)
19:17 ashimema Sorry I didn't spot that and send a warning down whilst I was pushing to on my branch guys
19:17 ashimema Easy miss
19:18 Joubu moving on then?
19:18 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
19:18 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019)
19:18 Joubu qa_team?
19:18 wahanui rumour has it qa_team is cait alex_a jajm khall josef_moravec ashimema Joubu marcelr tcohen rangi
19:18 cait you are qa team :)
19:19 ashimema 😀
19:19 cait numbers have been going down - quite happy about that
19:19 Joubu I am slowly back, too many things I would prefer to not touch in the NQA queue
19:19 cait currently 37 in the queue, some older things, but mostly ILL related
19:19 cait we are working through the ILL 'graph' at the moment, so they will move at some point
19:19 ashimema Joubu's been on form the last few days.. catching lots.. thanks Joubu
19:20 cait ashimema: Joubu - something to add?
19:20 josef_moravec some of them are blocked by bug 20750
19:20 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20750 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Failed QA , Allow timestamped auditing of ILL request events
19:21 cait #info QA queue is under control, currently at 37, oldest bugs are mostly ILL, ILL dependency tree is worked on
19:21 cait yes, that is the next we need to resolve
19:21 ashimema Nothing to add from me.. I'm slowing down on QA a but these next few days.. building up motivation to look at some of the more challenging ones again soon
19:21 Joubu 12 majors waiting for SO
19:21 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
19:21 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019)
19:22 Joubu #topic API - Holds suspension endpoint
19:22 * ashimema will tackle a few on that list soon hopefully
19:22 Topic for #koha is now API - Holds suspension endpoint (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019)
19:22 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]sion_endpoint_RFC
19:22 Joubu Are we ready to vote?
19:23 josef_moravec yes
19:23 cait yeah, NSO queue is bad (needs devs to look at a lot of them)
19:23 Joubu there are disagreements
19:23 ashimema tcohen here
19:23 m23 Yes
19:23 tcohen I should abstain
19:23 tcohen he
19:24 Joubu what about the discussion?
19:24 ashimema There's some more detail in the minutes of the last meeting I think
19:24 thd tcohen: Was retun_date intended to be distinct from checkin_date?
19:25 tcohen thd: this is the other endpoint
19:25 ashimema But basically it boils down to the date field names
19:25 tcohen our API is resource-ooriented
19:25 cait thd:  we are looking at the hold suspension currently
19:25 tcohen so we are talking about a 'hold suspension'
19:25 thd oops, sorry
19:25 cait i thin we had n agreement last meeting
19:25 cait or almost
19:25 tcohen in the context of a 'hold suspension', 'expiration_date' seems more appropriate
19:25 cait i won't insist on renaming it :)
19:25 * thd read too quickly
19:26 Joubu tcohen: could you edit the wiki page and then we vote?
19:26 Joubu in the meanwhile we are moving to the next one?
19:26 ashimema I'd actually go to far as to say I'd like it even more generalised
19:26 tcohen ashimema: shoot
19:26 tcohen end_date?
19:26 ashimema start_date and end_date where it makes sense
19:26 tcohen I like it too
19:27 ashimema That way you can practically guess the fields for your context sensitive endpoint
19:27 josef_moravec seems good for me too
19:27 cait i like it as well, but do we have a start date?
19:27 tcohen we don't, just an end_date
19:27 ashimema Devs are lazy.. having to refer to the docs to get that obscurely named field name right is just annoying.. hehe
19:27 cait ok, vote on end_date
19:27 cait worry about start date later? )
19:27 tcohen yes
19:28 ashimema Awesome
19:28 josef_moravec +1
19:28 tcohen wiki adjusted
19:28 ashimema Awesome
19:28 ashimema Shall we vote then.. sounds like a consensus to me
19:28 Joubu sounds weird to me, but fine
19:29 Joubu the #vote syntax?
19:29 * ashimema is struggling to type fast on his phone whilst also attempting to read a bedtime story
19:29 Joubu #vote do you agree with the "Holds suspension endpoint RFC" Y/N?
19:29 kidclamp gotta run
19:29 cait #vote Y
19:29 Joubu #vote yes
19:29 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:29 tcohen #vote yes
19:29 josef_moravec #vote yes
19:29 davidnind #vote yes
19:29 ashimema #vote yes
19:30 cait you need to vote the options he gave
19:30 cait yes won't work
19:30 m23 #vote yes
19:30 thd #vote Y
19:30 josef_moravec #vote Y
19:30 ashimema #vote Y
19:30 davidnind #vote Y
19:30 Joubu #vote Y
19:30 Joubu sorry
19:30 Joubu #endvote
19:30 tcohen #vote Y
19:30 Joubu #info "Holds suspension endpoint RFC" agreed!
19:31 ashimema Woopie
19:31 Joubu #topic API - Checkouts endpoint
19:31 Topic for #koha is now API - Checkouts endpoint (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019)
19:31 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]outs_endpoint_RFC
19:31 cait it didn#t summarize
19:31 cait not sure, maybe need to phrase it a little different?
19:32 Joubu wiki correction  checked_out_date  =>  checkout_date?
19:32 josef_moravec or use "startvote" command ;)
19:32 * ashimema hasn't fully read that one yet.. my bad
19:32 thd tcohen: Was retun_date intended to be distinct from checkin_date?
19:32 cait oh yes, and comma separated :)
19:33 josef_moravec I am ok with checkout_date
19:33 cait thd:  what do you mean?
19:33 wahanui i guess do you mean is the only place where a hold gets placed?
19:33 cait I've had some suggestions
19:34 cait return_date > checkin_date - or removing it
19:34 cait it only has a role in old_issues
19:34 cait so would be needed for the checkin api, but not for checkouts actually
19:34 cait and simplify checked_out_date to checkout_date
19:34 josef_moravec cait: we would like to extend the endpoint to be able to return checked in checkouts in the future somehow
19:34 tcohen once the tables are merged
19:35 thd In the widest context returning an item via post, dropbox, etc. is different activity from checking an item back into the system after the item has been collected.
19:35 cait return checked in checkouts? ;)
19:35 cait would that not be a separate endpoint?
19:35 tcohen cait: that's what we need to discuss here
19:35 cait ah ok
19:35 tcohen are we planning on merging the tables?
19:36 josef_moravec updated wiki to checkout_date and checkin_date
19:36 Joubu IIRC we decided to merge the old_ deleted_ tables, so yes
19:36 cait koha doesn#t differentiate at the moment
19:37 cait in action logs, do we want to have interface api ?
19:37 cait i'd not make the api dependent on the merge
19:38 Joubu "403 is valid response code if you try to renew a non-renewable loan, but error codes should not be used to indicate a status. So the renewability check should rather return 200 and an actual response telling if renewal is possible."
19:38 josef_moravec cait: bug 18205
19:38 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18205 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, Signed Off , REST interface to Koha::Logger
19:38 Joubu this has not been addressed
19:39 cait josef_moravec++
19:40 josef_moravec Joubu: right, current implementation even does return 200 and true or false
19:40 tcohen josef_moravec: it needs to be addressed on the RFC
19:40 josef_moravec RFC changed now
19:40 * thd prefers caits suggestion of allows_checkout instead of renewability as an extensible nomenclature.
19:42 josef_moravec hm, true or false on renewability endpoint i not enough maybe...
19:42 thd ... hence also allows_renewability
19:42 josef_moravec should also say how many renewals are available from limit
19:42 Joubu there is also " Maybe instead of renewability... loanability... we should do something like: allows_renewal, allows_checkout ... and it would be more clear. "
19:42 Joubu what thd said, I am too slow
19:43 josef_moravec I am not against such a change
19:43 * thd restating prefers cait's suggestion of allows_renewability, and allows_checkout instead of renewability as an extensible nomenclature.
19:44 cait allows_checkout, allows_renewal... allows_hold? allows_article_request? i wonder if checkouts is the right spot
19:44 cait it sounds more like... an  item status
19:44 * ashimema has had to dissapear.. sorry
19:44 * tcohen has to pick up wife for a doctor check
19:44 Joubu Do we postpone the vote to the next dev meeting?
19:44 cait hm is on hold
19:45 cait maybe needs some more fleshing out
19:45 cait tcohen, what do you think?
19:45 * ashimema will read later.. but trusts you guys
19:45 cait i am fine with what's in the checkouts table and mapped, i am nto sure about the status things
19:45 thd cait: We have https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ity_endpoints_RFC .
19:46 josef_moravec thd: not ready for vote yet
19:46 Joubu #info vote about "Checkouts endpoint RFC" postponed to the next meeting, some adjustements are needed.
19:46 Joubu #topic Bug 22407 - Use DBIC relations for fetching related object
19:46 Topic for #koha is now Bug 22407 - Use DBIC relations for fetching related object (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019)
19:46 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22407 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , OMNIBUS: Use DBIC relations to fetch related object rather than searching for the object
19:46 thd However, as cait points out we are voting on something which includes parts which might be better placed in availability
19:47 thd ... which cait characterised as item status.
19:49 Joubu Bug 22407 - there was a discussion about how we should access the related objects, from our Koha::Object
19:49 Joubu It seems that there is no guidelines ready yet to be voted.
19:49 Joubu I invite you to read and continue the discussion on the bug, we may be ready for the next meeting
19:50 Joubu #info Bug 22407 is going to state on how we should access the related objects, from our Koha::Object (see comment 3 for examples)
19:51 Joubu #topic Bug 22417 - Give a try to RabbitMQ (background jobs rewrite) - POC!
19:51 Topic for #koha is now Bug 22417 - Give a try to RabbitMQ (background jobs rewrite) - POC! (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019)
19:51 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22417 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Delegate background jobs execution
19:51 Joubu last minute topic, I have sent an email to the list. Please read the comments on the bug report. You can also test the patch if you want to see them moving forward
19:51 josef_moravec I like that Joubu
19:52 josef_moravec I am going to try it in near future
19:52 Joubu still lot of works to do, but if we agree I can continue implementing that. And maybe make it ready for 19.05
19:52 Joubu thanks josef_moravec
19:53 josef_moravec I think we really need something like that
19:53 Joubu Did everybody leave already?
19:53 thd no
19:53 Joubu moving on?
19:54 Joubu #topic Review of coding guidelines
19:54 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019)
19:54 Joubu #info as bug 22026 has been reverted, update for PERL2 is obsolete
19:54 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22026 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jasmineamohia.student, REOPENED , Remove `use  Modern::Perl` from Koha::REST::classes
19:54 josef_moravec bug 22026 was reverted from master
19:54 Joubu #action Joubu update PERL2 to reflect revert of 22026
19:55 ashimema Back
19:55 Joubu ashimema: something to tell us?
19:56 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
19:56 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019)
19:56 Joubu are we sticking to every 2w?
19:56 cait it might be good to move on with the apis
19:56 Joubu I missed the last ones
19:57 josef_moravec Joubu: I think so
19:57 Joubu 13 March, 14 UTC?
19:57 josef_moravec cait: I am trying to work on that when time permits
19:57 ashimema Will read back later
19:57 ashimema Sorry I missed what looks like a long discussion
19:57 ashimema I commented on the bug to revert..
19:57 ashimema I still don't like the use of modern perl rather than being more explicit.. but it's not so bad that I wanted to break the tests or require packaging a new perl critic
19:58 Joubu #info Next meeting: 13 March 2019, 14 UTC
19:58 Joubu everybody agrees on that?
19:58 * josef_moravec agrees
19:58 thd yes
19:58 Joubu #endmeeting
19:58 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
19:58 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Feb 27 19:58:45 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:58 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-02-27-19.03.html
19:58 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-02-27-19.03.txt
19:58 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]27-19.03.log.html
19:59 josef_moravec Joubu++
19:59 josef_moravec thanks all
20:00 thd Joubu++
20:02 caroline1 Hey guys, I'm wondering if there is a use case for this, or it's just a bug: if you create a marc modification template saying delete all x and then add/update x, if there are more than one x in the original record, it will create the same number of fields
20:02 Joubu looks like a bug
20:03 caroline1 thanks Joubu, that's what I thought, but I thought maybe someone wanted it that way
20:03 Joubu cc me to the bug report, if you create it
20:04 caroline1 will do!
20:05 andreashm joined #koha
20:06 caroline1 Though I only tested it on my client's instance which is in 18.05
20:06 caroline1 I haven't tested in master
20:16 caroline1 Nope it's fixed in master :)
20:16 caroline1 Although I found another one which cuts the text after 100 characters
20:29 davidnind caroline1++ finding all the bugs!
20:30 caroline1 davidnind hehe! I don't think the devs agree with you ;) more work for them
20:31 davidnind :)
20:32 Joubu always better to know they exist :)
20:33 lukeg joined #koha
20:33 davidnind caroline1: Does the tentative date and time for the next doc meeting work for you?[…]iso=20190404T1400
20:34 davidnind we left it open, so can be changed....
20:34 caroline1 yup! :)
20:34 caroline1 thank you so much for taking over
20:34 davidnind no problems, I muddled through!
20:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21747: Insert fine_increase and fine_decrease for new installs <[…]1c3168bac9c951aff>
21:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #663: STILL UNSTABLE in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/663/
21:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #155: STILL UNSTABLE in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/155/
21:29 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
21:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #172: FIXED in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/172/
22:00 andreashm joined #koha
22:20 andreashm joined #koha
22:28 ashimema cait++ #generally being awesome
22:29 caroline1 +1!!
22:38 papa joined #koha
22:52 andreashm joined #koha
23:46 andreashm joined #koha
23:48 caroline1 good night everyone!
23:55 irma_ joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary