IRC log for #koha, 2018-12-12

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:51 deb-CSPL joined #koha
00:57 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
02:07 mtompset aleisha, the strftime says locale... my guess is that it is translateable, but you'd need to switch the server's locale to get the translation?
02:08 aleisha strftime is used in other places in koha so i think it'll be okay!
02:12 mtompset
02:12 mtompset Perhaps you are on to something.
02:15 mtompset
02:17 mtompset Well, I'm  shutting down. Going to try getting a decent amount of sleep.
02:17 mtompset Have a great day (24 hour period), #koha aleisha
03:10 deb-CSPL joined #koha
03:25 deb-CSPL joined #koha
03:33 deb-CSPL joined #koha
04:06 sonOfRa joined #koha
06:38 logbot joined #koha
06:38 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
06:38 pastebot joined #koha
06:39 BobB joined #koha
06:40 ibeardslee joined #koha
06:40 jeff joined #koha
06:40 denials joined #koha
07:22 magnuse \o/
07:47 alex_a joined #koha
07:48 paul_p joined #koha
07:48 reiveune joined #koha
07:49 reiveune hello
07:53 alex_a bonjour
08:00 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
08:07 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:23 fridolin joined #koha
08:28 sophie_m joined #koha
08:29 fridolin i there
08:40 HeavenlyConnection joined #koha
08:45 Archie^ Good mornin Koha people!
08:46 Archie^ hey guys i was wondering, i was looking in ABOUT KOHA and found out that: Time zone:Used: UTC | Config: Undefined | Environment (TZ): Undefined          Any way to configure this on koha level?
09:04 reiveune left #koha
09:19 reiveune joined #koha
09:28 Archie^ i dont really understand do i need to use memcashed or does 18.05 use some sort of plack
09:38 cait joined #koha
10:01 kohauser joined #koha
10:01 kohauser i am using a version of koha 3.02 and want to upgrade to a latest version with the legacy data unchanged
10:02 kohauser can i do it by installing a new version and restore the backup from the older version?
10:08 kohauser how to find my koha library code used
10:09 kohauser is library code and framework code the same
10:14 paul_p_ joined #koha
10:14 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:23 kohaputti joined #koha
10:31 dersmon joined #koha
10:33 dersmon hi everyone
10:35 dersmon when merging records, is there any way to see which biblio a deletedbiblio was merged with afterwards?
10:36 paul_p joined #koha
10:42 Archie^ dersmon: i think during the staging the records you can check
10:42 Archie^ also Items table, i think
10:45 dersmon during staging? you mean the matching rule also checks against deleted items?
10:45 dersmon but how can i now the winner <-> deletedbiblio connection after the merge
10:49 dersmon "during staging? you mean the matching rule also checks against deleted items?" -> i meant "deleted biblios", not items
10:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #4: UNSTABLE in 21 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]/Koha_18.11_D8/4/
11:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #5: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]/Koha_18.11_D9/5/
11:13 kohaputti joined #koha
11:17 josef_moravec joined #koha
11:18 Archie^ Hey a quick question regarding installation. when i configure koha-sites.conf i can set domain as an IP address Azure gave me ?
11:18 tcohen morning
11:18 Archie^ also do i need to change memcashed_servers from 127.0.0 eto the ip that Azure  gave me
11:19 Archie^ hey tcohen
11:19 ashimema hello #koha
11:19 tcohen Archie^: you do need to change that, yes
11:19 tcohen and the port
11:19 wahanui i think the port is usually 9000, but you should double check on Komodo
11:19 Archie^ so i cant use 80 and 8080?
11:20 ashimema I think wahanui has the wrong idea there..
11:20 tcohen Archie^: I was answering about memcached
11:20 Archie^ ahh ok, good thank you
11:20 ashimema it's not talking about memcached ports.. it's talkig about interactive debugger ports
11:20 ashimema lol
11:21 ashimema bug 7088
11:21 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7088 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Signed Off , cannot renew items on hold even with override
11:21 tcohen cait: around?
11:22 Archie^ what about Domain, can i leve it as or should i change it to the IP in Azure ?
11:22 ashimema she's on holiday at the moment tcohen.. so although she is still often about.. I think she's out right now
11:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #5: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_U18/5/
11:30 Francesca joined #koha
11:35 Archie^ koha-create --create-db --use-memcached LIBRARY gives me /usr/sbin/koha-create: unrecognized option '--use-memcached' even tho memcashed is installed
11:37 eythian it's telling you that there is no such option as '--use-memcached'
11:39 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
11:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #5: FIXED in 24 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]/Koha_18.11_D8/5/
11:40 Archie^ eythian: i get it, but installation instructions says that there should be
11:40 Archie^ :/
11:40 tcohen Archie^: memcached is enabled by default, no option switch is needed
11:40 eythian it sounds like your instructions are wrong/out of date
11:40 tcohen $ koha-create —help
11:40 Archie^ ahh... someone should modify https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ubuntu_-_packages
11:41 tcohen or get rid of it
11:41 tcohen we should probably rename Koha_on_Debian so Ubuntu users pick it
11:42 tcohen ashimema: I think we need to think about making ->adjust generate credit returns
11:42 tcohen if there's been some payment exceeding the decrement
11:48 Archie^ ok, last question. Should i modify etc/hosts anc change to IP that is set in Azure?
11:52 andreashm joined #koha
11:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #6: SUCCESS in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]/Koha_18.11_D9/6/
12:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #6: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_U18/6/
12:18 Joubu kidclamp: fyi there is a patch already for the failing D9 test - bug 21671
12:18 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21671 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Koha/Patron/Modifications.t is failing randomly
12:20 kidclamp thanks joubu
12:22 Joubu JesseM_: there are 5 failures for 18.05, did you start working on them?
12:32 oleonard joined #koha
12:32 oleonard Hi #koha
12:37 Joubu @later tell lucas You have 5 failures reported by Jenkins for 18.05.x due to recent pushes https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Build/consoleFull
12:37 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
12:37 Joubu @later tell lucas for xt/author/valid-templates.t and t/db_dependent/Patron/Borrower_Discharge.t  see bug 21529 comment 13
12:37 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
12:37 Joubu @later tell lucas for t/db_dependent/Items.t see bug 21774 comment 29
12:37 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
12:37 Joubu @later tell lucas for the selenium test regressions.t you will need the patch that removes Cache::Memory, bug 21955
12:37 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
12:39 Joubu @later tell lucas (there are 4 files actually, Items.t has 2 failures)
12:39 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
12:39 kidclamp hi oleonard
12:39 wahanui hi oleopard
12:40 Joubu @later tell lucas you may want to add a pre-push hooks to your koha repo in order to catch the use of the raw filter (`git grep '$raw' **/*.tt **/*.inc` should do the job)
12:40 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
12:41 Joubu and hi #koha!
13:14 ibeardslee joined #koha
13:32 caroline Good morning!
13:33 dbs joined #koha
13:34 jeff joined #koha
13:47 ashimema Ooh.. I actually told them about the pre-push hook we have the other day Joubu.. not sure the one we have as an example on the wiki includes that yet.
13:48 Joubu it should not include it, it is only for 18.05
13:48 ashimema I suppose I just knew to check for that.. I should have passed that info on.. my bad
13:48 ashimema Yeah
13:48 ashimema I realised just after I'd written that comment
13:48 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:48 ashimema Well.. should be super easy to add for JesseM and Lucas
13:49 * ashimema disappears again.. delights of the school carol service this afternoon
14:14 Joubu bug 21986 is major and must be included into 18.11.01
14:14 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21986 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , quotation marks are wrongly escaped in several places
14:15 dersmon do you have a centralized place where most/every koha developer interested in jobs is looking for feature requests?
14:18 oleonard Bugzilla
14:20 oleonard dersmon: When you say "jobs" do you mean ways to volunteer, or opportunities to be hired?
14:21 dersmon the latter
14:21 wahanui hmmm... the latter is "Linked Data"
14:22 oleonard dersmon: In my experience most libraries are contracting their Koha support providers directly rather than publicly posting development jobs
14:23 oleonard In Bugzilla we do have a "Seeking developer" flag (under "Change sponsored?") but I don't think it's often used
14:24 dersmon ok cool, thx
14:26 oleonard wahanui: forget the latter
14:26 wahanui oleonard: I forgot latter
15:00 Joubu oleonard: on I get a JS error "ReferenceError: $ is not defined"
15:00 Joubu It seems to come from commit 1a132440766277d6d94246a86ec671b79de7a442
15:00 Joubu Bug 19753: Move template JavaScript to the footer: Acquisitions
15:00 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19753 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, CLOSED FIXED, Move template JavaScript to the footer: Acquisitions
15:00 Archie^ is wahanui a bot?
15:00 oleonard Archie^: Yes
15:00 Archie^ what is his purpouse?
15:01 oleonard wahanui: What is your purpose?
15:01 wahanui oleonard: wish i knew
15:01 Joubu I do not know how to fix that easily, maybe you will have more chance than me
15:01 oleonard I'll take a look Joubu
15:04 Archie^ something tells me 1gb RAM is not enough for koha
15:05 oleonard Joubu: That's just poor testing on my part, and the change to that file should be undone. There's currently no good way to handle cataloging plugin JS with all other JS in the footer
15:14 Joubu oleonard: ok thanks, do I open a new bug report?
15:14 oleonard Please do, thanks
15:15 Joubu also, can you remember me what is the correct class to display an error in a div?
15:15 Joubu There is acqui/      <div class="dialog error">
15:15 Joubu that display a div without background color
15:15 oleonard <div class="dialog alert">
15:15 Joubu ha! Thanks
15:17 Joubu bug 21989
15:17 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21989 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , JS error in "Add orders from MARC file" -
15:19 Joubu oleonard: do we have a class to make the difference between a warning and an error?
15:19 oleonard No
15:20 oleonard There is a bug in progress--I think by jajm?--which proposes changes to how those are handled.
15:21 kohaputti joined #koha
15:22 oleonard Bug 11904
15:22 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11904 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, In Discussion , Proposal for a uniform way to send messages to user interface
15:41 calire left #koha
15:54 Archie^ where can i create a new borrowers category?
15:55 oleonard Administration -> Patron categories
16:06 Archie^ ok it seems that even if i install koha from zero ground up on a completely new environment i cant stage import anything
16:06 Archie^ that goes to bibliographic records, authority records and now it has been confirmed i cant import patrons
16:08 lukeG joined #koha
16:35 deb-CSPL joined #koha
16:35 deb-CSPL joined #koha
16:41 Joubu lukeG: Hi Lucas, I sent you laters, but to the wrong nick
16:47 Joubu serial.biblionumber and serial.subscriptionid are varchar(100) ??
17:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #133: STILL UNSTABLE in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D9/133/
17:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #137: STILL UNSTABLE in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D8/137/
17:37 cait joined #koha
17:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #137: STILL UNSTABLE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.05_U18/137/
17:56 reiveune bye
17:56 reiveune left #koha
17:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #138: STILL UNSTABLE in 23 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D8/138/
18:01 maya-dec-18 joined #koha
18:12 werwer joined #koha
18:14 fox123 joined #koha
18:14 fridolin left #koha
18:14 fox123 hi---as koha recommends to use firefox --- but firefox slows sometime - --- can we use chrome instead ? is it relible ?
18:16 fox123 is anyone there?
18:16 oleonard Chrome is fine fox123
18:17 fox123 oleonard ////  thanks
18:17 fox123 -
18:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #134: STILL UNSTABLE in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D9/134/
18:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #138: STILL UNSTABLE in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.05_U18/138/
18:31 ashimema Bug 21955 should get 18.05.x passing again for you guys
18:31 ashimema That's the magic bullet for the evil selenium test that had me scratch my head for best part of two weeks.. joubu++
18:31 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21955 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Cache::Memory should not be used as L2 cache
18:32 ashimema JesseM ^
18:39 ashimema Hey Joubu.. do you know how Jenkins email notifications work.. I can't see where to set that I now want the recieve them for 18.11 rather that 18.05
18:41 Joubu yep
18:42 ashimema Any hints.. bet I'm just looking at entirely the wrong screen
18:42 Joubu pm
18:43 ashimema Thank you kindly 😀
18:59 Joubu bug 22000 is imminent
18:59 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22000 could not be retrieved: InvalidBugId
18:59 Joubu @later tell tcohen bug 21993
18:59 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
19:00 JesseM_ Hello all
19:00 JesseM Hi
19:00 wahanui que tal, JesseM
19:38 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:41 oleonard Hi alexbuckley
19:42 alexbuckley hi oleonard :)
19:47 alex_a_ joined #koha
19:49 alexbuckley hi alex_a
19:59 Arpine joined #koha
20:04 Arpine_ joined #koha
20:07 Greenjimll joined #koha
20:08 Greenjimll I#info Jon Knight, Loughborough university
20:12 Arpine_ joined #koha
20:13 Arpine_ joined #koha
20:17 Greenjimll Meeting tonight?
20:18 caroline Greenjimll: not that I know of
20:18 caroline There was one last week
20:18 caroline https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_5_December_2018
20:19 Greenjimll Oh, I thought there was a dev meeting.
20:19 caroline I don't see it on the calendar
20:20 Greenjimll https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_12_December_2018
20:20 Greenjimll But never mind. I've plenty of other things to do!
20:20 caroline look at that! I think someone forgot to put it in the calendar, so no one but you showed up :)
20:21 Greenjimll Keen boy. ;-)
20:22 Greenjimll Ho hum... I'll head off for my tea then. Bye all!
20:22 caroline Honestly, I though the calendar thing was automated
20:22 caroline bon appétit!
20:22 Greenjimll left #koha
20:23 Joubu caroline: it is, when the bot creates it
20:23 caroline and the bot is you ;)
20:23 caroline ?
20:23 caroline is it because the date or the time was not entered correctly?
20:23 Joubu David created the wiki entry, so I guess the bot did not handle this meeting
20:24 Joubu when is 20 UTC? :)
20:24 caroline 20 minutes ago
20:24 Joubu ok, so let's postpone, unless people around?
20:25 caroline I don't think so... no one answered to Greenjimll
20:27 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 12 December 2018
20:27 huginn` Meeting started Wed Dec 12 20:27:04 2018 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
20:27 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:27 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 December 2018)
20:27 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_12_december_2018'
20:27 Joubu #info Meeting has been postponed
20:27 Joubu #info Next meeting: 19 December 2018, 14 UTC
20:28 Joubu #endmeeting
20:28 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:28 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Dec 12 20:28:17 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:28 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-12-12-20.27.html
20:28 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-12-12-20.27.txt
20:28 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]12-20.27.log.html
20:28 caroline Joubu++
20:35 rgbiv joined #koha
20:41 rgbiv Hi, anyone out there know about kohadevbox?
20:45 caroline rgbiv: It's pretty quiet this afternoon. I don't know enough about kohadevbox to help you. Maybe send a shout on the mailing list?
20:49 rgbiv Thanks caroline, I'll try the mailing list
20:50 ashimema Ooh.. did I somehow missed a meeting
20:50 ashimema I didn't think we had one till january
20:53 ashimema Oh well
20:54 caroline ashimema: don't worry you're not the only one who forgot it seems :)
20:57 Joubu rgbiv: what's your question?
21:00 lukeG joined #koha
21:23 CrispyBran joined #koha
21:26 * CrispyBran waves
21:30 CrispyBran @seen joubu
21:30 huginn` CrispyBran: joubu was last seen in #koha 33 minutes and 38 seconds ago: <Joubu> rgbiv: what's your question?
21:31 CrispyBran @seen khall
21:31 huginn` CrispyBran: khall was last seen in #koha 2 weeks, 0 days, 3 hours, 8 minutes, and 12 seconds ago: <khall> CrispyBran: file a ticket for that. Ask if we can have an educator make a video on how to use it for everyone to share!
21:31 CrispyBran @seen kidclamp
21:31 huginn` CrispyBran: kidclamp was last seen in #koha 8 hours, 51 minutes, and 51 seconds ago: <kidclamp> hi oleonard
21:32 CrispyBran I need to pick the brain of someone that knows tests.  Anyone?
21:35 CrispyBran @seen caroline
21:35 huginn` CrispyBran: caroline was last seen in #koha 40 minutes and 45 seconds ago: <caroline> ashimema: don't worry you're not the only one who forgot it seems :)
21:35 caroline hello CrispyBran!
21:35 CrispyBran hello caroline
21:35 CrispyBran you know anything about tests?
21:36 caroline no sorry
21:36 CrispyBran bummer
21:36 caroline I only know hoe to write test plans for bugzilla :)
21:41 caroline CrispyBran: what time is it where you are? like 1pm?
21:41 CrispyBran 1:41pm
21:42 caroline I know a lot of devs are on the east coast and it's almost 5pm here, they are probably gone to pick up their kids or something
22:11 CrispyBran anyone know if there is a way to force koha to run the installation again?
22:36 Joubu more or less around now
22:36 Joubu CrispyBran: best thing is always to ask your question first, I am sure you will get more answers, now or later
22:37 Joubu I usually backlog on the morning, I can let you a later if I know the answer, not if I do not know the question ;)
22:44 CrispyBran Working on 21944.  Trying to figure out a test.  The pm is modified so that it checks if a waiting hold is at the branch it is supposed to be waiting at, and if not, modify the reserve back to priority.  The works, but I need to figure out how to test what I've changed.  Do I simply test the rank?  Do I use GetReserveStatus to check the priority level?
22:46 caroline good night everyone!
22:53 Joubu CrispyBran: yes, that would be a first step I'd say
22:54 Joubu keep in mind that the tests you will write are supposed to fail without your patch
22:54 CrispyBran Do you think more steps are required?
22:54 Joubu so first make the tests fail, then make sure they pass with your changes
22:54 CrispyBran Yes, got that.
22:55 Joubu are you sure you need the second line?
22:55 Joubu +        ($resfound, $resrec, undef) = C4::Reserves::CheckReserves( $item->{'itemnumber'}, undef, $lookahead ) unless ( $item->{'withdrawn'} );
22:55 Joubu that would be a thing I would test as well
22:56 Joubu at first glance (just reading the diff), I would like to remove that line from the condition, and move down the one that already exists
22:57 Joubu That could be something your tests could cover
22:58 CrispyBran 2nd line is needed (2026).  The mod changes the the priority, then the CheckReserves triggers the item for transfer.
22:59 CrispyBran Without it, it simply changes the hold from waiting to priority 1, and you have to scan the item again to trigger the transfer.
23:06 Joubu ok yes, $resfound comes from the first call
23:06 Joubu I hate this code
23:07 Joubu not yours! :)
23:07 Joubu I mean the whole Reserves code
23:16 CrispyBran :)
23:26 CrispyBran Joubu, GetReserveStatus returns '' on the item after the mod.  Either I am missing something in the process before checking the status, or I am testing the thing.
23:48 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
23:48 sameee joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary