IRC log for #koha, 2018-09-19

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 kathryn joined #koha
00:09 Granola joined #koha
00:14 sameee joined #koha
00:43 davidnind left #koha
00:49 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
02:37 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
03:03 hjb1 joined #koha
04:13 paxed @wunder joensuu
04:13 huginn` paxed: Joensuu, Finland :: Overcast :: 50F/10C | Wednesday: Cloudy. Some light rain will fall throughout the day. High near 55F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Wednesday Night: Cloudy. Some light rain is likely. Low 51F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
05:17 janPasi_ joined #koha
05:37 cait joined #koha
05:39 cait2 joined #koha
05:44 cait3 joined #koha
05:47 cait3 left #koha
05:49 cait joined #koha
05:50 cait left #koha
05:57 reiveune joined #koha
05:57 reiveune hello
05:57 wahanui hello, reiveune
05:58 cait joined #koha
06:08 cait joined #koha
06:22 alex_a joined #koha
06:22 alex_a bonjour
06:24 cait2 joined #koha
06:28 magnuse joined #koha
06:38 paxed is there a way to skip one day so that no late payments are accrued?
06:44 cait joined #koha
07:00 ashimema For all users ?
07:01 ashimema Stick a holiday in the calendar I think
07:02 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:09 Infra_3600 joined #koha
07:10 paul_p joined #koha
07:17 cait2 joined #koha
07:20 andreashm joined #koha
07:21 * andreashm waves
07:23 cait2 left #koha
07:30 greenjimll joined #koha
07:39 sonOfRa joined #koha
08:45 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:51 cait joined #koha
08:51 cait left #koha
08:53 cait2 joined #koha
09:21 CharlesQuain joined #koha
09:26 Infra_3600 joined #koha
09:27 Mercator joined #koha
10:11 janPasi_ joined #koha
10:27 andreashm joined #koha
11:00 alex_a joined #koha
11:12 marcelr joined #koha
11:12 marcelr hi #koha
11:19 fridolin joined #koha
11:19 fridolin hi there
11:20 fridolin back in my home office ;)
11:23 fridolin hi magnuse we missed you a lot
11:42 oleonard joined #koha
11:43 oleonard Hi #koha
11:44 marcelr hi oleonard
11:44 wahanui hi oleopard
11:49 alex_a joined #koha
11:51 kidclamp joined #koha
11:52 ncbaratta joined #koha
11:58 * oleonard waves to waking-up people
11:59 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:01 * kidclamp waves
12:08 fridolin joined #koha
12:26 * ashimema waves back to kidclamp and oleonard
12:35 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:37 * andreashm waves at the waving
12:38 kmlussier joined #koha
12:52 alexbuckley joined #koha
13:03 tcohen hola!
13:06 tcohen fridolin: pleae pick the select2 patch for 17.11
13:07 fridolin tcohen: yoooo
13:07 fridolin which BZ ?
13:07 tcohen 21285
13:07 tcohen hi BTW
13:08 tcohen its an invisible patch LOL
13:08 tcohen and is only reproducible in hidpi screens
13:18 caroline_ joined #koha
13:18 caroline_ Good morning!
13:32 magnuse hmmm, is it possible to keep e.g. reference items (items only avaiable on one day loan) from showing up on the "holds to pull" report? so that only books with a normal/long loan period shows up on "holds to pull"?
13:33 caroline_ joined #koha
13:33 magnuse feels like i'm missing something obvious
13:36 paul_p joined #koha
13:47 cc_ joined #koha
13:48 thd joined #koha
13:57 oleonard magnuse: Can't that be done in the circulation rule for the item type? Zero holds allowed?
13:59 kidclamp meeting soon
13:59 tcohen next meetings?
13:59 kidclamp https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]19_September_2018
14:00 tcohen (Y)
14:02 khall joined #koha
14:03 kidclamp #startmeeting https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]19_September_2018
14:03 huginn` Meeting started Wed Sep 19 14:03:54 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
14:03 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:03 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]9_September_2018)
14:03 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'https___wiki_koha_community_org_wiki_de​velopment_irc_meeting_19_september_2018'
14:04 kidclamp #topic Introductions
14:04 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]9_September_2018)
14:04 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:04 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
14:04 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
14:04 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:04 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:04 cc_ #info Colin Campbell PTFS Europe
14:04 * ashimema won't be around for long.. school run in a few minutes
14:05 kidclamp #topic Announcements
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]9_September_2018)
14:06 kidclamp #info Kohacon was awesome! many patches moved, new developer added (shortly) and much fun
14:06 kidclamp any other announcements?
14:07 kidclamp #meetingtopic Development IRC meeting 19 September 2018
14:07 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 September 2018)
14:07 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release manager (18.11)
14:07 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (18.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 September 2018)
14:08 kidclamp Pushing things, it is September will announce freeze dates soon
14:08 tcohen kidclamp++
14:08 kidclamp Jonathan reminded me to generate pre-release notes, so those have been update
14:08 kidclamp there are still many things I want for 18.11 - please hit ES patches asw much as possible, plus stock rotation and mana
14:09 kidclamp if anyone has anything else they are keen on please let me know
14:09 ashimema stock rotation++
14:09 tcohen mana++
14:09 kidclamp I will mention we discussed ES at Kohacon - there are indexing patches which move away from Catmandu for indexing and we have agreed to move forwward with these
14:10 ashimema be nice to get the staff shibboleth off the table.. it's been around for a while
14:10 kidclamp +1
14:10 ashimema +1
14:10 kidclamp bug 12027
14:10 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12027 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Shibboleth authentication for staff client
14:10 kidclamp @later tell matts please look at bug 12027
14:10 huginn` kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
14:11 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:11 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 September 2018)
14:11 ashimema :)
14:11 kidclamp ashimema, fridolin
14:11 * ashimema that would make me very happy
14:11 kidclamp we have been using it in production for ages
14:12 ashimema #info Next 18.05.x stable release scheduled for 24th
14:12 ashimema us too ;)
14:12 ashimema just needs that final qa stamp
14:12 ashimema been pushed steadily keeping up with bugfixes in master.
14:12 ashimema that's all from me
14:13 kidclamp okay, moving on
14:13 ashimema didn't see Fridolin join.. so..
14:13 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
14:13 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 September 2018)
14:13 ashimema #info Next 17.11.x release scheduled for 26th
14:13 ashimema done his too ;)
14:13 * ashimema has to run off on school pickup.. will watch from phone
14:14 kidclamp no cait - she says she loves all your patches, get them signed off and she will pass qa :-b
14:14 kidclamp jk
14:14 kidclamp they have been working hard, she will get her emails out again next week i believe - anyone else form QA have something to add?
14:15 oleonard QA++
14:16 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:16 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 September 2018)
14:17 kidclamp anyone have something?
14:17 ashimema fix all the things
14:17 * ashimema runs away
14:18 kidclamp kyle has been working on the new sandbox system suing docker - it was battle tested at kohacon and has omproved
14:18 kidclamp tomas is working on some fixes for kohadevbox
14:18 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:18 kidclamp our tools are getting better and easier :-)
14:18 tcohen #info koha-testing-docker[…]ha-testing-docker
14:18 khall #info koha-sandboxes-docker[…]-sandboxes-docker
14:18 thd "suing docker" is best ;)
14:19 kidclamp checkout the repo and submit issues-fixes
14:19 kidclamp heh
14:19 cc_ I was wondering -'s normalize_isbn subroutine normalizes to 10 chars should we be looking at moving that to 13-digits in future?
14:19 tcohen #info live new sandboxes:
14:20 kidclamp cc_ makes sense, I think there are valid 13 digit that don't convert now? also I think we use Business::ISBN for all of that - has it been updated>
14:20 kidclamp i don't know if there are external sites we use that require 10 though
14:21 thd ISBN 10 should not be "converted" to ISBN 13.
14:21 thd We need both ISBN 10 and ISBN 13.
14:22 thd ISBN is no longer a single value it is a multiplicity of values.
14:22 kidclamp yes thd, not converting in record, but we 'normalize' to have a standard version to use when coding
14:22 cc_ I'm certainly finding more and more using ISBN-13 we can generate 10 versions from it
14:23 cc_ and for record matching
14:23 kidclamp bug 14287
14:23 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14287 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Failed QA , Preserve valid ISBN-13 identifiers if they start with something else than 978
14:24 kidclamp bug 15772
14:24 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15772 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , GetNormalizedISBN returns a 10 digit ISBN - should return 13
14:24 kidclamp bug 9500
14:24 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9500 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, NEW , GetNormalizedISBN only ever checks the first populated ISBN field
14:25 kidclamp moving on
14:25 thd I have not looked at the record matching code in a long time.  Matching values precisely with or without ISBN is a fundamental mistake for record matching.
14:25 ashimema Business::ISBN doesn't try to keep up with all valid isbns btw.. would could be shipping out own up to date XML config map file with koha to get it right more
14:25 ashimema But that's a side issue
14:26 thd We should use the combination of ISBN 10 and 13 but with a low weight for ISBN.
14:26 kidclamp thd - that's why everyone can make their own rules  :-)
14:26 kidclamp cc_ if you find more relevant bugs or file one let me know
14:26 kidclamp #topic Review of coding guidelines
14:26 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 September 2018)
14:26 kidclamp I don't think we have anything for today
14:27 cc_ Looks like 15772 may need prodding
14:27 ashimema Agrre
14:27 thd Last time I looked matching values for record matching was an all or nothing with no provision for weighting but maybe that has changed.
14:28 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
14:28 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 September 2018)
14:28 kidclamp You can set threshhold and scores for matching thd, I think they work correctly
14:29 thd Thanks for updating me.
14:29 kidclamp October 10th, 20 UTC? (one extra week to not overlap with general)
14:30 thd +1
14:30 oleonard +1
14:31 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 10 October 2018, 20 UTC
14:31 kidclamp #endmeeting
14:31 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:31 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Sep 19 14:31:22 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:31 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-09-19-14.03.html
14:31 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-09-19-14.03.txt
14:31 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]19-14.03.log.html
14:31 kidclamp thanks all!
14:31 oleonard kidclamp++
14:32 tcohen kidclamp
14:32 wahanui kidclamp is probably getting the queue as clean as possible before Kohacon
14:32 tcohen kidclamp++
14:32 oleonard wahanui: kidclamp has plenty of time for that now
14:32 wahanui oleonard: i'm not following you...
14:33 tcohen kidclamp: you can also set normalization rules for matching, right?
14:33 kidclamp that sounds right
14:37 fridolin kidclamp: sorry I was too buzy, see my email septembre release
14:37 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 13406: (RM follow-up) Add missing filter <[…]52c5347eb5091ba23>
14:38 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 7143: Update about page for new dev - Jane Sandberg <[…]0a581f731b6d28cc7>
14:38 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 13406: (follow-up) Add styling classes to authority MARC detail display <[…]841826b7a70dac3c9>
14:38 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 13406: Add styling classes to authority MARC detail display <[…]fef95e7e95ac0224e>
14:38 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19833: Bibliographic Record => Bibliographic record <[…]fd9f23484f1c71f7a>
14:38 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 7143: Update history to reflect recent point releases <[…]1c36f9f3d881117ab>
14:38 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 20564: Don't use system to unzip files <[…]da61520447c60671d>
14:38 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19833: (follow-up) Minor corrections <[…]6e888d9ff79939ae5>
14:38 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19833: Changing the "biblios" <[…]8f6dcea8aad987bc4>
14:38 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19833: Changing the "biblios" acqui <[…]dc2280b6c51a74745>
14:38 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19833: Changing the "biblios" - most of reports <[…]4a686ff7b1ce50b12>
14:38 kidclamp np fridolin
14:38 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19833: Changing the "biblios" - most of admin <[…]a0b2c8e24a39f1a11>
14:38 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19833: Kill all the "bibilos" - final couple <[…]0a9afa4e92d065416>
14:38 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19833: Kill the "biblios" <[…]57119ee209825ef70>
14:42 oleonard josef_moravec: I hope you can come to a KohaCon or hackfest sometime
14:47 josef_moravec_ joined #koha
14:52 Ekrama joined #koha
14:52 caroline_ joined #koha
14:57 Ekrama Hi,i am facing some difficulties to web installation of koha. Command with xml is showing reply that no directories.
14:59 Ekrama joined #koha
15:00 oleonard Ekrama: At what stage of installation are you encountering the problem?
15:03 Ekrama Step 5.web installation. (gedit /etc/koha/sites/instancename/koha-conf.xml)
15:05 oleonard Ekrama: What instructions are you following? Is it a page on the Koha wiki?
15:06 Ekrama I am following a tutorial on youtube.
15:06 oleonard Can you share the link?
15:09 Guest752 Project Koha_Master_D9 build #558: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/558/
15:09 mtompset joined #koha
15:10 Guest752 Project Koha_Master_U18 build #46: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U18/46/
15:11 Ekrama Sorry i am unable to share the link at once. But it was on 'spoken bombay iit tutorials' on koha installation.
15:12 Guest752 Project Koha_Master_D8 build #52: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D8/52/
15:13 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
15:13 caroline_ Hello mtompset!
15:13 mtompset @seen kidclamp
15:13 huginn` mtompset: kidclamp was last seen in #koha 35 minutes and 45 seconds ago: <kidclamp> np fridolin
15:14 mtompset Greetings, caroline_ :)
15:14 mtompset @seen bag
15:14 huginn` mtompset: bag was last seen in #koha 2 days, 21 hours, 54 minutes, and 25 seconds ago: <bag> good morning
15:14 bag hi
15:15 mtompset Thought you might have an idea about who to bug about the ByWater Sandboxes not signing off properly. :)
15:15 bag I sure do - it’s khall
15:15 mtompset I just "rescued" some bugs from lack of sign off. :)
15:15 bag or you can put something on the github for it mtompset
15:15 mtompset url?
15:16 khall mtompset: can you paste the output if there is any?
15:17 mtompset I wasn't doing signoffs with it.
15:17 mtompset I was hunting bugzilla for "ByWater Sandboxes" Needs Signoff, and found some. :)
15:17 mtompset As a bug I had looked at hit that problem, so I expanded my search to that. :)
15:18 mtompset bug 15139 was one of them...
15:18 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15139 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Signed Off , Show non-public item note in overdues report
15:18 ajackslib joined #koha
15:18 khall ah right, so the patches get signed off, but the status doesn't change
15:19 khall right?
15:19 mtompset bug 21340 was probably another.
15:19 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21340 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add spans with classes around callnumbers in OPAC for additional styling
15:19 mtompset Yes. That seems to be the problem.
15:19 khall I'll add a note at the very least, should be fixeable though!
15:19 mtompset Thanks, bag khall :)
15:19 khall np!
15:19 bag khall++
15:20 ajackslib can i get help with a few question about my Koha system from this channel
15:21 caroline_ ajackslib: yes, you're at the right place
15:21 mtompset Help with questions, yes. Guaranteed answers, nope. :)
15:21 ajackslib great, I am having major issues.
15:21 * mtompset refuses to promise fixes. :)
15:21 mtompset How did you install?
15:22 ajackslib i was wondering if anyone else is a mac user? i am and my questions stem from that
15:22 mtompset What did you install on?
15:22 mtompset Oh... and that's another reason I said no guaranteed answers. :)
15:22 ajackslib was not here when the install was done
15:23 mtompset Let's hypothetically ignore the mac part... describe the issue. :)
15:23 mtompset Okay... they installed koha on the mac, or accessible to the mac?
15:24 ajackslib okay, first issue is my system says he needs updating but it will not download. I was wondering if uninstall and reinstall the new version if that would be the best way around the issue?
15:24 fridolin left #koha
15:25 reiveune bye
15:25 reiveune left #koha
15:25 mtompset which system? koha or your mac?
15:25 ajackslib koha
15:25 mtompset what url are you using?
15:26 mtompset the OPAC or staff client?
15:26 ajackslib
15:27 ajackslib where would I find out if it is OPAC or staff client
15:27 mtompset OPAC has a pretty search bar.
15:27 mtompset Staff client has a login screen.
15:27 ajackslib staff client
15:27 mtompset If you only see a login screen, you are in the correct place.
15:28 mtompset okay... do you know the system username and password?
15:28 ajackslib yes
15:29 mtompset Okay, so log in... it will upgrade.
15:30 ajackslib done that and it still doesnt work right like the update is incomplete or something
15:30 ajackslib the Koha system will not allow me to things that as the admin i should be able to do
15:31 mtompset that isn't a descriptive enough solution.
15:31 mtompset AH!
15:31 mtompset Okay... it upgraded, and then you discovered you don't have the permissions you thought. :)
15:31 ajackslib right
15:32 mtompset So is the koha ON the mac?
15:32 ajackslib yes
15:32 mtompset or is it in a virtualized environment on the mac?
15:32 mtompset or is it on a separate server accessible by the mac?
15:32 ajackslib how would i tell if it is in a virtualized environment?
15:33 ajackslib it is not a seperate server
15:33 mtompset Do you have to run virtualbox, or some other software first before clicking your koha link?
15:33 ajackslib i have to open vbox
15:33 mtompset virtualized.
15:34 mtompset do you have shell command access to vbox?
15:34 ajackslib not sure the tech guy that helps out at the school has never given me access to the vbox info but also refuses to help me figure out the problems
15:35 ajackslib he claims he has done all he could do
15:35 mtompset is there any meaningful data in your koha?
15:36 ajackslib staff,student and teacher names and a catolog of my inventory
15:36 ajackslib *catalog
15:37 mtompset *sigh*
15:38 mtompset If you can't get shell access, you can't find or fix the problem.
15:39 mtompset And I don't have time to walk you through setting up a VM all on your own.
15:39 caroline_ could you export all the users and biblio records, reinstall, and import back the data?
15:40 mtompset caroline_, Yes, that is what I would recommend, but if ajackslib is unfamiliar with vbox, then they will need help walking through the installation process.
15:40 caroline_ and you can't access the interface, is that what I understand?
15:40 caroline_ the regular koha staff interface
15:41 mtompset caroline_, my understanding is that because ajackslib's user is not a superlibrarian, only certain portions of the staff client are accessible.
15:41 mtompset Shell access to create a superlibrarian would be the easiest method, but ajackslib doesn't have shell access.
15:41 caroline_ right... and with no access to the shell, you can't do much
15:42 mtompset hence the painful, try to save all the data and create from scratch.
15:42 mtompset also...
15:42 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
15:42 mtompset the tech guy may have linked the MAC address to the IP address, so DHCP always gives it that IP address.
15:43 mtompset A new VM will need to use that MAC address, but you can't have both VM's running at the same time, or network hell opens up and swallows you.
15:44 * mtompset sighs, "And this is why I made no promises."
15:45 mtompset 80's musical flashback....
15:45 mtompset
15:45 ajackslib sorry got called away for a minute
15:45 oleonard AndrewIsh around?
15:46 AndrewIsh Hi oleonard
15:46 wahanui hi oleopard
15:46 caroline_ ajackslib: you'll have to buy your tech guy a nice bottle of wine and ask him to run the script to create a superlibrarian
15:47 oleonard AndrewIsh: I've added some test data to my system to try to test ILL stuff but the list of ILL requests is coming up empty. The developer console says that the call to the ILl requests API isn't found
15:47 oleonard Any idea what's going on?
15:47 mtompset caroline_, as the instance he created.
15:47 ajackslib caroline_ what is the shell you are talking about?
15:48 AndrewIsh oleonard:  That's a new one on me, so it's making the API call but it's returning a 404?
15:48 mtompset on the VM: login: {username} password: {password} $ sudo koha-shell {name of instance}
15:48 oleonard AndrewIsh: That is, the call to /api/v1/illrequests?embed=metad​ata,patron,capabilities,library returns a 404
15:48 caroline_ ajackslib: I'm trying to fing the name of the script, pretty sure there is one that does it
15:49 ajackslib because the tech guy and I are the only two people who have admin access. And my access is suppose to be able to do anything with the system
15:49 ajackslib it is very frustrating
15:49 Dyrcona ajackslib: You should probably get the tech guy in here.
15:49 mtompset wait...
15:50 mtompset sudo koha-shell instance -c
15:50 mtompset "/usr/share/koha/bin/devel​/ --userid
15:50 mtompset my_desired_username --password somethinglongandcomplicated"
15:50 caroline_ yes that's the one I was looking for
15:50 AndrewIsh oleonard:  That is exceedingly odd, I've never seen it do that. I'll have a ponder, one moment
15:50 ajackslib he is a volunteer tech person and only comes around when it works for his schedule :(
15:50 AndrewIsh oleonard:  This is master?
15:51 oleonard Yes
15:51 caroline_ youtube is now playing only 80's music, I have to get out of the loop! :O
15:53 * mtompset laughs.
15:53 mtompset It's "Under [My] Spell"...
15:55 * mtompset liked Candi -- plus it's Canadian content. :)
15:55 AndrewIsh oleonard:  Do you have this?[…]aths.json#L35-L37
15:56 AndrewIsh oleonard:  Given it's master, there's no reason why you wouldn't, but I'm clutching at straws
15:56 oleonard Yes I do.
15:57 * mtompset grins evilly, "Turn off plack."
15:57 mtompset But seriously, test with and without plack. :)
15:59 ajackslib mtompset do you know of any where or one else that in Koha that couldbe of help to me?
15:59 AndrewIsh oleonard:  Are other REST API endpoints working?
16:00 ajackslib if i can get the answer or get someone to help walk me through it, i might be able to figure it out
16:00 mtompset ajackslib, Dyrcona is right, I seriously doubted the tech guy even came to the IRC channel.
16:01 ajackslib he probally didn't- but I can't wait on him.
16:01 ajackslib i need to become my own tech guy
16:02 mtompset -- at least for Koha, yes. :)
16:02 ajackslib yes at least for koha :)
16:03 mtompset Is this Koha going to be production?
16:03 caroline_ ajackslib: I guess start by googling how to set up a vm
16:04 AndrewIsh oleonard:  A quick test would be going to /api/v1/cities in your browser
16:06 ajackslib thank you- I have a class- you have all been helpful
16:08 AndrewIsh oleonard:  I've got to disappear now I'm afraid, sorry! I'm pretty sure it must be a local problem, I've not seen this anywhere else and we've got a number of customers using it. Drop any additional info in here though and I'll take a look tomorrow :)
16:08 oleonard Thanks AndrewIsh!
16:09 oleonard AndrewIsh++
16:09 * oleonard is sure he's done something stupid to mess up his test system
16:19 mtompset Nah, oleonard. Blame caching, it's fun. Try it, "It's all the memcached, L1 cache, L2 cache, Plack and other caching messes fault."
16:25 oleonard_ joined #koha
16:27 mtompset Okay... I guess you didn't see my you should blame caching. :)
16:28 mtompset oleonard, unless you've messed your system up some other way. :)
16:28 mtompset Don't you use a Mac, oleonard?
16:29 oleonard Only sometimes mtompset. Usually Windows.
16:32 * mtompset is shocked.
16:33 mtompset I thought you were a hardcore Apple user.
16:35 oleonard No I'm a softcore Apple user.
16:36 mtompset BTW, thanks for the current best practices comment on bug 13272
16:36 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13272 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Many inputs lack a type attribute
16:38 mtompset @seen CrispyBran
16:38 huginn` mtompset: CrispyBran was last seen in #koha 2 days, 22 hours, 55 minutes, and 45 seconds ago: * CrispyBran is trying to look somewhat entelyjint next to kidclamp
16:39 mtompset If I fix up 13272, will you sign it off, oleonard?
16:40 oleonard I would be happy to test, mtompset
16:50 mtompset bug 13272 is available for testing now. I hadn't more than eyeball skimmed it before. :)
16:50 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13272 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Many inputs lack a type attribute
17:38 paul_p joined #koha
17:54 tcohen hi mtompset
17:54 kohaputti joined #koha
18:04 FindItGirl joined #koha
18:27 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Anyone know what to do about this error?" (2 lines) at
18:31 oleonard Hm, caused by testing Bug 16881? I don't know. I seemed to have been able to roll it back.
18:31 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16881 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Needs Signoff , Apply KohaTable and ColVis plugin on MARCdetail's items table
18:34 cait joined #koha
18:39 AAR_Intern joined #koha
18:43 oleonard Hi cait!
18:43 paul_p joined #koha
18:44 mtompset Greetings, tcohen
18:45 mtompset oleonard, oh no! Is this the case sensitivity bug again?
18:45 oleonard The schema error? It's working after a second try
18:46 mtompset I vaguely recall and Accountoffset and AccountOffset issue that reared its ugly head on Windoze.
18:54 mtompset oleonard, sorry for failing to run the koha qa test tools. Patch submitted to bug 13272. :)
18:54 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13272 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Many inputs lack a type attribute
18:56 oleonard I'll try to take another look tomorrow mtompset
18:56 oleonard bye #koha
19:10 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:13 Joubu hi #koha
20:21 caroline_ joined #koha
20:31 kathryn joined #koha
20:32 tcohen hola Joubu!
20:32 tcohen wb!
20:33 bag heya Joubu
20:42 Joubu hola tcohen, bag!
20:43 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:45 Infra_3600 hello all. will koha migrate to perl6 in the future?
20:58 Joubu nope
20:58 Joubu in a far future maybe :)
21:10 wizzyrea cait about?
21:11 wizzyrea or anyone who has tried to get a prediction pattern to work for "year, month, day"
21:13 caroline_ wizzyrea: how do you mean? (examples?)
21:14 wizzyrea for example, a serial that has a text pattern of
21:14 wizzyrea 2018 January 7
21:14 wizzyrea we can get the year and month to go ok
21:14 wizzyrea but the days are not going, the logic of "add 7 every 1 week when days less than 31"
21:14 wizzyrea doesn't work
21:15 caroline_ I think you have to assume that all months have 31 days, and then check as "unpublished" the 31 of the months that don't have one
21:16 wizzyrea ok but
21:16 wizzyrea let's say that you're supposed to get an issue on 3 Oct
21:16 wizzyrea Koha is going to start that issue with 1 Oct
21:16 wizzyrea not for the pubdate, for the Number
21:16 wizzyrea pubdates it gets right
21:17 caroline_ So they aren't regular?
21:17 wizzyrea they are regular, they come every monday, every 7 days
21:17 caroline_ ooh
21:17 wizzyrea we are kiiiind of thinking that actually
21:18 wizzyrea what we want to do here isn't possible
21:18 wizzyrea but we feel a bit weird that no one else has noticed it?
21:18 caroline_ yeah I don't think it's possible
21:18 caroline_ I have a similar problem with a serial that comes only on the 1st and the 15th
21:19 caroline_ I can't say it's two weeks (14 days) or 15 days (doesn't work with months which don't have 30 days)
21:19 mtompset joined #koha
21:19 barton joined #koha
21:20 caroline_ I think you'll have to correct it manually
21:21 wizzyrea yeah we have someone who doesn't want to do that ^.^
21:22 caroline_ I totally get it...
21:22 wizzyrea so we're trying to find out if it's just that their patterning is wrong, or if there's something to fix :D
21:22 wizzyrea it's seeming like theres something to fix
21:22 caroline_ Other option is coding something that takes into account month lengths and leap years
21:32 wizzyrea hehe yeah that's what we're talking about, how to present that as an option, how it would work, etc
21:33 caroline_ I have trouble imagining it actually, maybe under "formatting" there could be another option for days of the month
21:33 wizzyrea yeah I was thinking something like
21:34 wizzyrea "weekly, on <specified day>"
21:34 wizzyrea Starting on <date>
21:36 caroline_ It doesn't really fit in the current logic so it's hard to imagine something
21:37 wizzyrea Yeah we were thinking also possibly something like
21:37 wizzyrea the holiday calendar
21:37 wizzyrea where it's like "this subscription repeats weekly on Monday" so you click monday, specify repeating
21:37 wizzyrea and that sets the pattern
21:37 wizzyrea for these weird day ones
21:37 wizzyrea they're not weird actually
21:38 wizzyrea it's like, Time. Newsweek. Entertainment Weekly
21:38 wizzyrea you know
21:38 wizzyrea stuff everybody has :P
21:38 wizzyrea bit gobsmacked that librarians aren't complaining VERY LOUDLY about how annoying that is.
21:38 wizzyrea maybe they think it just won't get fixed :P
21:39 caroline_ our calendar system is weird, ever heard of base 10 greg?
21:40 caroline_ 10-day week (5 work days and 5 weekends), wouldn't that be great?
21:41 wizzyrea hehe yes
21:41 wizzyrea that would be nice
21:43 Joubu wizzyrea: not sure I understoof the need correctly, but I tried that:
21:44 caroline_ Joubu, the "Monday" needs to be the date of the monday
21:44 caroline_ so like 24 sept, 1 october, etc.
21:44 caroline_ But since sept doesn't have 31 days, the count is all messed up
21:45 wizzyrea yeah it's not about the day name so much, but the date
21:45 Joubu ha :-/
21:45 wizzyrea so we have people wanting 4 Oct 2018 and it calculates the 1st
21:46 wizzyrea because "set back to 1 every 31 days"
21:46 wizzyrea I don't see a way to math our way out of that
21:46 caroline_ I like your expression "math our way out" :D
21:46 wizzyrea ^.^
21:47 caroline_ I'll ask my colleagues who have more math brains than I do to think about it
21:47 wizzyrea we've kind of decided that it needs fixing
21:47 wizzyrea haha
21:47 wizzyrea but just, how to express it in the interface
21:47 wizzyrea because it's almost too flexible
21:47 wizzyrea (the interface)
21:47 caroline_ yes how to present it so it makes sense in the logic
21:52 Joubu we could have patterns in the "Numbering formula", like the ones used by strftime, "%d/%m" would display 19/10
21:54 wizzyrea we were thinking maybe a tickbox when you choose 1/week
21:54 wizzyrea [] on a specific day
21:54 wizzyrea and then show a calendar picker for "starting on day" so they can see it
21:55 wizzyrea and put those values into the relevant boxen
21:55 wizzyrea and a tick box on the column that will be the day, so like, if you wanted to use x column for day
21:55 wizzyrea there's a tickbox "use for day"
21:55 wizzyrea and you don't get the options
21:55 wizzyrea for rotating
21:55 caroline_ I don't know about the checkbox, but I like the calendar idea. It would also solve my problem with 1st and 15th of the month
21:55 wizzyrea it's just gonna do the biz
21:56 wizzyrea i'd like more "i'm just gonna handle it" from Koha serial predictions, actually :P
21:57 caroline_ just making it more visual would help a lot
21:57 wizzyrea the other option is to ditch this weird ass system altogether, and make it work like the holidays do :P
21:58 wizzyrea or um, aside this system, like the advanced cataloguing interface
21:58 wizzyrea "Simple prediction patterns"
22:08 wizzyrea Joubu, I think we're coming around to your way of adding a numbering pattern
22:08 wizzyrea but making it so that when you pick it
22:08 wizzyrea you don't get the advanced option for day/date
22:08 wizzyrea if we use that one
22:08 wizzyrea it just adds 7 days, always
22:08 wizzyrea and no setting back
22:08 wizzyrea ever.
22:09 wizzyrea (and irregularities are dealt to of course, if necessary)
22:09 wizzyrea thoughts?
22:10 wizzyrea the default patterns in Koha are pretty sparse
22:11 caroline_ bye all!
22:12 wizzyrea bye thanks for engaging our questions :)
22:24 Joubu wizzyrea: yep, sounds good
22:25 wizzyrea allrighty
23:09 fredericd joined #koha
23:14 mtompset what is a base 10 greg?
23:14 mtompset Can someone give me a URL to information on that?
23:25 Joubu ?
23:26 Joubu barton: people who raised the problem should share the file they staged
23:42 alexbuckley hi all, Just checking, I have been unable to find evidence of this. When a sms message is sent from Koha do we know when it fails at the sms gateway. i.e. Koha hands the message off if we have a valid sms number but if that fails to send outside of Koha do we know?
23:52 alexbuckley i.e. we have a client who had approx. 300 sms messages sent a month to users because their number is no longerin use or they have given a false number
23:54 alexbuckley i.e. the patrons don't recieve the sms messages. the client would like to be able to edit 'borrower restrictions' in the batch borrower mod tool, but we were thinking that being able to automatically place a restriction on a borrower if their sms fails sending outside of Koha would also be useful
23:54 alexbuckley any thoughts?
23:56 mtompset According the the CPAN page of Send::SMS (which is what I think we use)....
23:56 mtompset If the drive just returns true on success, there is no way for Koha to know.
23:57 mtompset ^drive^driver^
23:57 mtompset "The send_sms returns true if the message was sent, or the driver is fire-and-forget and unable to determine success, or false if the message was not sent."
23:57 mtompset In the case of Email to SMS... that would most definitely be the case.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary