IRC log for #koha, 2018-06-06

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:22 kathryn joined #koha
02:13 kathryn joined #koha
02:19 kathryn joined #koha
03:14 Laura joined #koha
03:15 Guest4787 Wondering if someone could help with a serials question
03:18 Guest4787 maybe some other time
05:25 cait joined #koha
05:30 bag joined #koha
05:46 josef_moravec joined #koha
05:51 Bmagic joined #koha
06:05 magnuse joined #koha
06:14 fridolin joined #koha
06:14 fridolin hi there
06:32 alex_a joined #koha
06:32 alex_a bonjour
06:36 reiveune joined #koha
06:36 reiveune hello
06:40 paul_p joined #koha
06:41 paul_p joined #koha
06:47 ashimema mornin'
06:52 AndrewIsh joined #koha
06:55 kattekrab joined #koha
06:55 kattekrab Hello!
07:02 sophie_m joined #koha
07:03 calire joined #koha
07:04 calire morning #koha
07:05 alex_a_ joined #koha
07:17 cait joined #koha
07:31 greenjimll joined #koha
07:33 sophie_m joined #koha
08:02 magnuse \o/
08:37 Infra_3600 joined #koha
08:56 alex_a joined #koha
09:24 gveranis joined #koha
09:57 * fridolin backport backport
09:57 fridolin 17.11 is my baby now
09:57 ashimema :)
09:58 ashimema @seen tcohen
09:58 huginn` ashimema: tcohen was last seen in #koha 3 days, 22 hours, 42 minutes, and 38 seconds ago: <tcohen> hi
09:58 ashimema no wonder he's not replied to me than :)
09:59 fridolin owww Bug 20825 is blocker, one should not use 18.05.00 in production maybe
09:59 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20825 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Cannot checkout if item types at biblio level
10:02 ashimema mmm.. I spotted that then promptly forgot to ask what the procedure would be there
10:02 ashimema kinda surprised the bug made it into the .00 release
10:02 ashimema can't catch everything though
10:03 ashimema if anyone has package auto updates enabled that could really hurt them
10:06 fridolin i bet no one is using new version that fast
10:07 ashimema yeah
10:07 fridolin we at biblibre start at .06 installing
10:07 ashimema we have no hard and fast rule here
10:07 fridolin but ask M. RM
10:07 ashimema .06 seems sensible though
10:08 fridolin we may release 18.05.01 faster because of some major bugs
10:17 tuxayo hi #koha o/
10:18 AndrewIsh joined #koha
11:16 oleonard joined #koha
11:16 oleonard Hi #koha
11:17 calire hi oleonard
11:17 calire hi tuxayo
11:32 ashimema @seen marcelr
11:32 huginn` ashimema: marcelr was last seen in #koha 20 hours, 27 minutes, and 40 seconds ago: <marcelr> htg
11:48 ncbaratta joined #koha
11:51 cait @seen tcohen
11:51 huginn` cait: tcohen was last seen in #koha 4 days, 0 hours, 35 minutes, and 49 seconds ago: <tcohen> hi
11:51 cait odd :)
11:52 cait itemtyle_level = biblio is kind of rare now i think
11:52 cait that's why we didn't catch it I think
11:57 fridolin Bug 3886 nearly 9 years old, died during the night ;)
11:57 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3886 normal, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, RESOLVED FIXED, Can't print receipt w/out allowing "Add or modify borrowers" permission
11:57 ashimema woop, woop
12:00 marcelr joined #koha
12:00 marcelr hi #koha
12:01 alex_a hello marcelr
12:01 marcelr o/
12:02 oleonard /o/
12:04 eythian marcelr: te heet vandaag, het is jouw schuld
12:04 marcelr haha
12:05 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:09 fridolin ^  ^
12:09 fridolin eythian: isnt it Antwerpen dialect ?
12:10 eythian Possibly by accident, I don't know
12:13 marcelr nee fridolin thats not Antwerpen
12:16 fridolin ah, since its the only dialect i know i see it everywhere ;)
12:16 fridolin jouw is the normal word for your ?
12:19 marcelr yes
12:19 marcelr it is jouw or je
12:20 marcelr or uw
12:20 marcelr we should stop with that language ;)
12:20 eythian ^-- for when you really must have three ways of saying one thing
12:20 marcelr lets talk wikidutch :)
12:21 eythian ik weet dat niet
12:21 marcelr ik niet ook
12:22 oleonard AndrewIsh: I signed off  on Bug 20600 but then added a minor template update so it still needs signoff
12:22 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20600 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Needs Signoff , Provide the ability for users to filter ILL requests
12:28 LeeJ joined #koha
12:32 tcohen morning
12:34 Guest3141 Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #53: UNSTABLE in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.11_D8/53/
12:34 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20652: Fix result sorting after search on limit only
12:34 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20827: Display Fund's owner name when selected
12:34 Guest3141 * katrin.fischer: Bug 20791: Correct capitalization on 'Notices & slips' page
12:34 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20652 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Sort after item type search fails
12:34 Guest3141 * katrin.fischer: Bug 20752: Fix capitalization on the files tab for patron files
12:34 Guest3141 * katrin.fischer: Bug 3886: Fix mismatch of required permissions for printing slips
12:34 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20827 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Can't add owner to a fund
12:34 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20791 trivial, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, RESOLVED FIXED, Correct capitalization on 'Notices and slips' page
12:34 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20752 trivial, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, RESOLVED FIXED, Files tab in patron account is not properly capitalized
12:34 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3886 normal, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, RESOLVED FIXED, Can't print receipt w/out allowing "Add or modify borrowers" permission
12:35 ashimema er.. where did the dashboard go:
12:36 tuxayo ashimema: no HTTPS yet
12:38 ashimema I see
12:38 ashimema tanks
12:40 caroline joined #koha
12:41 * LeeJ waves
12:41 LeeJ hi #koha
12:42 oleonard Hi LeeJ and caroline
12:42 caroline Hi oleonard!
12:42 LeeJ hi oleonard caroline
12:43 kmlussier joined #koha
12:43 caroline Hi LeeJ!
12:58 oleonard Anyone know if rangi is still paying his own money to keep Koha-related servers going?
12:59 * oleonard thought he remembered that rangi did at one time, maybe it changed
13:02 cait oleonard: i think he runs at least bugzilla, dashboard and splitter
13:22 LeeJ @dice roll 1d20
13:22 huginn` LeeJ: Error: Dice must be of the form <dice>d<sides>
13:22 LeeJ >_>
13:22 LeeJ @dice roll 1d4
13:22 huginn` LeeJ: Error: Dice must be of the form <dice>d<sides>
13:22 * LeeJ shakes fist at huginn
13:23 oleonard @dice 1d20
13:23 huginn` oleonard: 1
13:23 oleonard Critical miss!
13:24 * oleonard dies
13:27 LeeJ ahh
13:27 LeeJ right
13:28 LeeJ @dice 1d20
13:28 huginn` LeeJ: 1
13:28 LeeJ >_>
13:28 LeeJ huginn`: you're a terrible DM
13:28 huginn` LeeJ: I've exhausted my database of quotes
13:30 LeeJ so I just cringed while reading a C++ programming chapter...
13:30 oleonard @dice 1d20
13:30 huginn` oleonard: 10
13:30 LeeJ "An idiom that falls under poor programming style is the use of ++ to set a flag to true"
13:30 marcelr true--
13:31 * oleonard narrowly escapes oblivion
13:31 LeeJ @dice 1d20
13:31 huginn` LeeJ: 2
13:31 LeeJ O.O
13:31 LeeJ COME ON
13:32 LeeJ @dice 1d4
13:32 huginn` LeeJ: 3
13:32 calire @dice 1d20
13:32 huginn` calire: 2
13:32 LeeJ I think huginn`hates everyone today..
13:33 LeeJ one last try...
13:33 LeeJ @dice 1d20
13:33 huginn` LeeJ: 14
13:33 LeeJ ...I'll take it
13:34 oleonard What do you get for your moderate success LeeJ?
13:35 calire @dice 1d20
13:35 huginn` calire: 1
13:35 calire :(
13:35 LeeJ disappointment, oleonard...disappointment
13:36 * oleonard offers calire a healing potion
13:36 Joubu Hi #koha
13:36 LeeJ hi Joubu
13:36 Nemo_bis @dice 1d20
13:36 huginn` Nemo_bis: 7
13:36 Joubu fridolin, ashimema: I have emailed the list about bug 20825, the day it has been reported
13:36 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20825 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Cannot checkout if item types at biblio level
13:36 calire :D
13:37 fridolin ah oki cool
13:37 fridolin sorry i loose memory
13:38 eythian @eightball
13:38 huginn` eythian: Unlikely.
13:38 LeeJ OOH
13:38 LeeJ @eightball
13:38 huginn` LeeJ: The outlook is good.
13:38 LeeJ :D
13:38 calire @eightball
13:38 huginn` calire: I doubt it very much.
13:39 LeeJ I don't hate you anymore huginn
13:39 oleonard I'm pretty sure you have to ask a question first y'all
13:39 calire the universe is not on my side today
13:39 LeeJ eythian: did you program huginn to respond to when I say goodnight? I found it weird the other day it responded lol
13:40 calire goodnight
13:40 eythian LeeJ: maybe. I forget.
13:40 LeeJ let's see..
13:40 LeeJ night all
13:40 LeeJ good night all
13:40 eythian probably wahanui though, who seems to be on holiday right now.
13:40 LeeJ ah
13:40 LeeJ could be
13:40 LeeJ it just threw me off lol
13:41 Joubu fridolin: 20767 should be backported IMO
13:42 Joubu We was having bad time trying to debug because of this unhelpful message
13:43 Joubu s/was having/had
13:43 Joubu (certainly)
13:43 Joubu Joubu's_English_grammar--
13:45 calire Joubu there are people in the UK who speak like that - call it a dialect ;)
13:45 LeeJ Joubu: much better grammar than some faculty I've dealt with..
13:45 Joubu calire: I guess I spent too much time in Liverpool ;)
13:46 Joubu "I have saw mate"
13:46 calire hahahaha
13:46 fridolin Bug 20767
13:46 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20767 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, "The method is not covered by tests!" should give more information
13:46 fridolin Joubu: yep im on it
13:46 fridolin very usefull indeed
14:03 alex_a joined #koha
14:03 fridolin left #koha
14:09 alex_a_ joined #koha
14:13 jenkins joined #koha
14:30 alex_a joined #koha
14:38 Joubu cait: bug 20709, does it make sense? Do you understand what I am trying to explain?
14:38 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20709 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Signed Off , Update GERMAN MARC frameworks to Updates 23-26 (Nov 2016, May and Apr 2018)
14:41 cait Joubu: i am not sure how to resolve it
14:41 cait i think if something is strange then the master is wrong
14:41 cait these are autogenerated files from bernardo
14:41 cait i didn't change them in any wa
14:41 cait y
14:42 cait Joubu: ou are missing a bug i think
14:42 cait update 26
14:42 cait bug 20710
14:42 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20710 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Passed QA , Update MARC21 frameworks to Update 26 (April 2018)
14:43 cait ok... 34 isn't there... i am not understanding the issue
14:51 Joubu 034$1 is added by 19835
14:51 Joubu bug 19835
14:51 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19835 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Passed QA , Update MARC frameworks to Updates 23+24+25 (Nov 2016, May and Dec 2017)
14:54 calire left #koha
14:59 Marti-HMCPL joined #koha
15:00 lavamind Joubu: was it ever considered to use mod_macro instead of apache-site templates ?
15:01 lavamind they are incredibly convenient for this type of thing
15:02 oleonard_ joined #koha
15:04 Joubu lavamind: this is a question for tcohen :)
15:04 Joubu But I think it's not a priority to improve our apache config files, "it just works" so far
15:04 lavamind Joubu: sure
15:05 tcohen lavamind: I never used mod_macro
15:05 lavamind but in the past I've have to sed -i my way into modifying dozens of existing site configs (eg. to enable access logs)
15:06 lavamind tcohen: they are quite esy to use, simply declare one or more templates with variable placeholders in them
15:06 lavamind then to instantiate a virtualhost, it's a one line entry like Use VHost $var1 $var2
15:07 Joubu lavamind: a mind-term goal is to rewrite koha-* scripts in perl
15:08 lavamind Joubu: I guess that would have some advantages, however at the expense of clarity for non perl gurus like me :)
15:10 Joubu not sure about that :)
15:11 lavamind well FWIW I'm not a huge bash fan either, just gets the job done :P
15:12 lavamind Joubu: keeping command separate or merging them, eg. kohactl create, kohactl remove etc. ?
15:15 Joubu we did not think much about it, but error handling and maintenance are time consuming with bash scripts
15:16 lavamind no kidding
15:16 lavamind but, they are *incredibly* useful
15:17 jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #1: FAILURE in 5 min 33 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]/Koha_18.05_D9/1/
15:19 lavamind Joubu: would you consider a patch to koha-reset-passwd to specify a password on the command-line, via an EVVAR ?
15:19 lavamind s/EVVAR/environment var/
15:19 oleonard_ joined #koha
15:20 lavamind I need to set predefined superlibrarian passwords to each instance
15:20 reiveune bye
15:20 reiveune left #koha
15:23 Joubu lavamind: in misc/devel maybe? In a interactive mode?
15:23 Joubu where would you set the env var?
15:25 lavamind Joubu: by calling as such NEWPASSWORD="password123" koha-reset-passwd test superuser
15:26 lavamind instead of generating a random password it would set the new password to the contents of NEWPASSWORD
15:26 Joubu it's the same as passing it with an option
15:26 Joubu we should avoid having it in the history I think
15:26 lavamind Joubu: no it's not, you should never pass a password as a command-line option
15:27 lavamind it shows up in the processlist also
15:27 lavamind at least the shell history is only readable to the current user
15:28 lavamind and I think by default if you prepend the command with a space, it skips commiting that command to history
15:28 Joubu I would suggest to provide a koha-reset-password script which will take a password in an interactive mode
15:28 lavamind that's much less useful IMHO, and not what I need
15:28 Joubu if you want to script to update several passwords in one go it's quite straightforward
15:29 lavamind oh I could make my own script for sure
15:29 lavamind I'd rather contribute the work upstream however
15:29 koha joined #koha
15:30 lavamind my use case is that I need to deploy 120 instances with predefined account passwords
15:30 lavamind they need to be reset every semester
15:30 lavamind no way I'm interactively entering 120 passwords :P
15:35 Joubu well, create_superlibrarian takes a --password option, so I do not think your patch will no be rejected ;)
15:35 Joubu s/ no //
15:35 oleonard_ joined #koha
15:36 * oleonard_ wonders why he keeps dropping out of #koha
15:44 _koha joined #koha
15:47 eythian env isn't very nice, probably the "best" way to do it would be by referencing a file, like how mysql recommends you do it.
15:59 oleonard_ joined #koha
16:00 ashimema_ joined #koha
16:03 ashimema_ left #koha
16:08 lavamind eythian: that's how the script calls the mysql command, but koha-reset-passwd needs to create the file with the username and password
16:23 edveal joined #koha
16:28 reiveune joined #koha
16:29 reiveune left #koha
16:32 tuxayo bye #koha
16:52 jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #2: FAILURE in 3 min 41 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]/Koha_18.05_D9/2/
17:19 jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #3: UNSTABLE in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]/Koha_18.05_D9/3/
17:20 ashimema getting closer :)
17:26 Joubu bug 20889, another critical one for 18.05
17:26 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20889 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Items marked as not for loan can be checked out
17:29 Joubu @later tell rangi splitter returns 502
17:29 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
17:29 Joubu ashimema: do you need help?
17:30 ashimema Tcohen has done all the work so far getting Jenkins up and running for me building this branch
17:30 ashimema I'm just about to start looking at the results now.. well, once I've got my girls to bed 😉
17:31 Joubu ho yes, I see
17:31 ashimema Looks like the build makes it through now.. thanks tcohen.. but I fail a few tests so need to get to the bottom of those.. hmm
17:31 tcohen ashimema: I'm about to push a koha/koha-testing:18.05-jessie
17:31 Joubu tcohen: weird, I thought we fixed the decimal precision failures
17:32 tcohen and add a separate task for D8
17:32 cait left #koha
17:32 ashimema Back shortly.. girls beconning for bedtime story..
17:34 Joubu once upon a time, Jenkins, a very bad server, was...
17:34 Joubu I let you continue the story
18:12 lukeG joined #koha
18:13 cait joined #koha
18:14 Dyrcona joined #koha
18:15 * ashimema askes a really stupid question.. whats the difference between koha-testing and Koha_version_Dx?
18:20 jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #1: SUCCESS in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]/Koha_18.05_D8/1/
18:32 tcohen ashimema: koha-testing is the name of the docker image
18:33 tcohen that bundles all that's needed (sort of) for running all tests inside containers
18:33 tcohen Koha_Version_Dx is the name of the task that polls the community repo for changes, and then
18:33 ashimema ok.. I thought that was the case..
18:33 tcohen pulls the right image (ocnfigured in jenkins) and runs all tests and reports back
18:34 tcohen I've been looking at MultiJob (a Jenkins plugin for having a task run multiple times with different configurations)
18:34 ashimema so.. we build koha-testing first.. then Koha_XX_DX has it as a dependancy?
18:35 tcohen actually, koha-testing is not built that often
18:35 tcohen it triggers a KOha_XX_DX build
18:35 * ashimema really must get up to speed on docker, jenkins and our test infrastructure as a whole.
18:35 tcohen the idea was to evaluate gitlab as a new infrastructure in which we could use our current tools
18:36 tcohen I'm thinking of making your server a Gitlab Runner
18:36 ashimema I see..
18:36 tcohen but need more time to investigate on the subjecct
18:36 ashimema cool
18:36 ashimema funnily enough I was reading about Gitlab Runners earlier trying to work them out
18:37 tcohen this is what jenkins runs btw
18:37 tcohen on each commit to master
18:37 tcohen
18:37 tcohen there's lots of cruft to clean cruft docker leaves behind
18:38 tcohen specially on abroted runs
18:53 edveal joined #koha
18:54 edveal joined #koha
18:55 edveal joined #koha
18:57 indradg joined #koha
19:08 kmlussier joined #koha
19:10 indradg have we stopped supporting ip based installations (http://ip:port) from 18.05? the new wiki page makes no mention of it?
19:11 indradg
19:16 cait indradg: not sure what you mean?
19:16 cait you can still run staff and opac on separate ports if that's what you want
19:28 edveal joined #koha
19:32 kmlussier joined #koha
19:47 lukeG joined #koha
19:50 kmlussier_ joined #koha
19:56 thd joined #koha
19:58 ashimema .
19:58 kidclamp meat meat meat meat meat meat
19:59 kidclamp rmaints?
19:59 kidclamp release maintainers?
19:59 kidclamp qa_team?
19:59 kidclamp qateam?
19:59 kidclamp qa team?
19:59 ashimema Hello
19:59 kidclamp Joubu? can you make the magic?
19:59 * ashimema is sorta here..
20:01 kidclamp meeting time!
20:01 Joubu huginn`: ?
20:01 huginn` Joubu: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
20:01 kidclamp #startmeeting General IRC meeting 6 June 2018
20:01 huginn` Meeting started Wed Jun  6 20:01:24 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
20:01 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 6 June 2018)
20:01 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_6_june_2018'
20:01 Joubu no, it's the other one
20:01 kidclamp #topic INtroductions
20:01 Topic for #koha is now INtroductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 6 June 2018)
20:01 kidclamp #topic Introductions
20:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 6 June 2018)
20:01 andreashm joined #koha
20:02 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
20:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
20:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
20:02 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe
20:02 andreashm #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library, Sweden
20:03 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
20:04 rangi #info Chris Cormack, NZ (only sorta here)
20:04 kidclamp #topic Announcements
20:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 6 June 2018)
20:04 kidclamp Floor is open
20:05 Joubu just a quick shoot
20:05 Joubu 18.05.00 is buggy and should not be used in production
20:05 Joubu patches have been provided and most are pushed
20:05 Joubu wait at least .01
20:06 Joubu the thing to learn is: we never have enough tests :)
20:06 cait that will always be true i guess
20:07 kidclamp #info 18.05.00 has some issues, wait for 18.05.01 for production
20:07 kidclamp #info and alwayswrite more tests!
20:07 ashimema +1
20:07 kidclamp #topic Update on releases
20:07 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 6 June 2018)
20:08 ashimema Never enough tests
20:08 kidclamp Frido is not here for 17.05 and 17.11 - ashimema?
20:09 ashimema I've started pushing the first few patches
20:09 cait ashimema++ fridolin++
20:09 ashimema Wanted to thank tcohen for jumping on getting Jenkins branches up and running too.. he's been working hard on that this morning for me
20:10 Joubu ashimema: seen the 18.05_candidate keyword, right?
20:10 ashimema We have D8 and D9 getting tested for that branch now 😀
20:10 kidclamp #info Martin has been pushing to 18.05 and getting jenkins setup for testing
20:10 bag #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater
20:10 ashimema Hmm, not yet
20:11 kidclamp #info criticals for 18.05 arebeing marked with rel_18.05_candidate keyword
20:11 kidclamp ^ to help with finding importnat things ;-)
20:12 cait tcohen++
20:12 ashimema cheers :)
20:12 kidclamp For my part I am just pushing bugs for the next two weeks to make backports easy - I plan to push as much of the big stuff as is ready to allow adequate time for testing, so please look at ES, Mana, Refactors, all the things you want :-)
20:13 kidclamp #info Nick is pushing only bugs to master for next two weeks, then will push whatever he can in the queue :-)
20:13 cait :)
20:13 bag who is this nick person you speak of in the #info’s
20:14 kidclamp WNickC, you remember him right?
20:14 bag ahhh I think so
20:14 kidclamp anything to add anyone?
20:15 kathryn joined #koha
20:15 andreashm Are we still at updates on releases?
20:15 kidclamp yes
20:16 kidclamp but moving to kohacon unless questions
20:16 andreashm none here
20:16 kidclamp #topic KohaCon19
20:16 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon19 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 6 June 2018)
20:17 cait was talking to rangi earlier, that it would be good to set dates
20:17 kidclamp we need to announce bidding for next year? so fast
20:17 cait open the bidding process... decide when to end it, ideally so we can announce next place at kohacon18 in september
20:17 georgew joined #koha
20:17 kidclamp indeed, do you have dates cait(s)?
20:17 andreashm There is a page on the wiki: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]hacon19_Proposals
20:18 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]hacon19_Proposals
20:18 cait maybe august 1st for end of bid?
20:18 cait start now?
20:19 kidclamp sounds good to me, any discussion?>
20:19 andreashm works for us
20:20 kidclamp will someone send an email out to the lists?
20:20 thd I will send an email message.
20:20 cait thx thd
20:21 oleonard joined #koha
20:21 ashimema good to me
20:21 thd Do we have a list of excluded regions?
20:21 andreashm Stockholm University Library will put forward a proposal (bid). Not ready in time for this meeting, but will be sometime in June hopefully.
20:21 kidclamp #info KohaCon19 bidding will be open today through August 1st
20:21 cait in theory... i think not usa and not philippines? (which area is that?)
20:21 kidclamp #action Thomas Dukleth will send an email out to the lists about submitting proposals
20:22 cait but not sure if we put that in the emails before
20:22 kidclamp #info Stockholm University Library will be submitting a bid
20:22 kidclamp I think it is on the wiki somewhere (not on same continent twice)
20:22 cait yep
20:23 * ashimema thinks it's really helpful to have that in the emails ;)
20:23 kidclamp anyone have anything else?
20:23 thd In the past we merely mentioned that region diversity was a criteria unless no other bids.
20:24 thd Is the Philippines Asia?
20:25 kidclamp I think so
20:25 andreashm yes
20:26 cait should we info th edeadline?
20:26 kidclamp I did
20:26 cait oh you already did, sorry
20:26 cait long day :)
20:26 kidclamp :-)
20:26 kidclamp gonna add a topic on the fly here
20:27 thd I may not send the email until tomorrow.
20:27 kidclamp #topic Kohacon18 updates
20:27 Topic for #koha is now Kohacon18 updates (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 6 June 2018)
20:27 kidclamp #info Please submit proposals for the upcoming Kohacon
20:28 kidclamp #link http://kohacon2018.bywatersolu[…]om/proposals.html Submit proposals here
20:28 kidclamp #info Deadline is July 15th
20:29 cait ah good to know
20:29 kidclamp okay, if nothing else next meeting July 11th, 14 UTC?
20:29 ashimema :)
20:30 kidclamp going once...twice
20:30 cait heh
20:30 cait not looking
20:31 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 11 July 2018, 14 UTC
20:31 kidclamp #endmeeting
20:31 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:31 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Jun  6 20:31:36 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:31 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-06-06-20.01.html
20:31 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-06-06-20.01.txt
20:31 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]06-20.01.log.html
20:31 kidclamp thnaks all!
20:31 kidclamp thanks even
20:31 andreashm =)
20:32 cait kidclamp++ thx!
20:32 andreashm kidclamp++
20:32 ashimema cheers chaps
20:33 kidclamp night all!
20:35 bag night night nick - errr… kidclamp
20:35 kidclamp bye b...r...e...n...d...a...n
20:37 cait night kidclamp :)
20:37 * andreashm waves at the leaving people
20:50 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:01 cait1 joined #koha
21:03 cait2 joined #koha
21:11 kmlussier_ joined #koha
21:15 lavamind what non-apt/dpkg command can I use to print the current koha version installed
21:17 cait i would look at the file
21:17 cait not sure about a comman,d probably there is one, i just don't know
21:17 cait hm sorry wrong fie
21:18 cait it's
21:18 lavamind cait: yeah, hence my question :)
21:21 lavamind PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib perl -e "use Koha; print Koha::version;"
21:36 thd quit
22:14 caroline left #koha
22:19 cait2 left #koha
22:43 StomproJosh joined #koha
23:20 indradg does anyone here remember why accountlines.accounttype was originally set to VARCHAR(5)?
23:24 wizzyrea because we were never ever in our wildest dreams ever going to have a code for an accounttype that was more than 5 characters?
23:25 wizzyrea ^.^
23:45 indradg wizzyrea: i guessed as much! however with MANUAL_INV authval coming into picture and the way it is handled atm, the accountype is being getting truncated and if I shift to mnemonics, the description is going for a toss! bug 12960
23:45 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12960 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Fee descriptions autofill with unnecessary/incorrect info
23:46 wizzyrea yeah unless there is an actual technical reason not to make it bigger, it should probably be bigger.
23:46 wizzyrea "it's always been that way" isn't a reason to do (or not do) anything, imo
23:47 indradg a VARCHAR(50) should see it fixed __for now__
23:47 indradg though I do not feel thats really the best way to go about it
23:48 * indradg reading up Koha::Account

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary