IRC log for #koha, 2018-05-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:24 JoshB joined #koha
03:25 mtompset Have a great day, #koha
05:44 cait joined #koha
05:48 BobB joined #koha
05:50 magnuse \o/
06:13 calire joined #koha
06:28 saiful joined #koha
06:38 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:15 cait joined #koha
07:24 greenjimll joined #koha
07:31 janPasi joined #koha
07:49 ashimema_ joined #koha
07:56 ashimema__ joined #koha
08:04 ashimema_ joined #koha
08:11 ashimema_ joined #koha
08:20 ashimema__ joined #koha
08:30 ashimema_ joined #koha
09:24 cait tuesday--
09:31 eythian If it's any consolation, it feels like Thursday because I have actual Thursday and Friday off work.
09:31 eythian of course, the good weather only lasts until Wednesday.
09:35 kellym joined #koha
09:37 ashimema_ joined #koha
10:04 ashimema_ joined #koha
10:14 tcohen morning
10:24 eythian hi tcohen
10:25 alexbuckley joined #koha
10:36 tcohen when did we do the plack out-of-the-box move?
10:37 tcohen November 2015
11:05 ashimema_ joined #koha
11:14 ashimema__ joined #koha
11:22 ashimema_ joined #koha
11:31 ashimema__ joined #koha
11:32 oleonard joined #koha
11:34 meliss joined #koha
11:35 oleonard Hi #koha
11:35 Nemo_bis joined #koha
11:36 aslak joined #koha
11:36 eythian hi oleopard
11:37 kmlussier joined #koha
11:39 calire hi oleonard
11:39 wahanui hi dear loon
11:39 ashimema_ joined #koha
11:57 DonnaB joined #koha
12:00 ncbaratta joined #koha
12:09 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:22 sonOfRa joined #koha
13:04 andrew joined #koha
13:11 magnuse soooo... is it possible to get an extended patron attribute into the patronselfregistration form?
13:16 mtompset joined #koha
13:16 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
13:16 mtompset @seen cait
13:16 huginn mtompset: cait was last seen in #koha 3 hours, 52 minutes, and 20 seconds ago: <cait> tuesday--
13:16 mtompset @seen Joubu
13:16 huginn mtompset: Joubu was last seen in #koha 20 hours, 8 minutes, and 1 second ago: <Joubu> maybe?
13:17 * mtompset sighs.
13:18 mtompset Oh well. It should be easy to test, but exact steps are not clear. :( On to next thing to attempt.
13:18 Joubu what
13:18 Joubu do
13:18 Joubu you
13:19 Joubu want?
13:19 wahanui want are the steps I need to perform for the portuguese installation
13:19 rkrimme1 joined #koha
13:20 mtompset Re-read it again and again... I think I got the testing plan for bug 20722
13:20 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20722 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Searching only for an ITEMTYPECAT itemtype is impossible
13:22 Joubu mtompset: no question then?
13:22 mtompset Nope... finally made sense of it.
13:23 mtompset Sorry for the distraction.
13:26 Margaret joined #koha
13:32 dersmon joined #koha
13:32 caroline_ joined #koha
13:33 dersmon hi
13:33 wahanui bidet, dersmon
13:36 mtompset Greetings, dersmon
13:49 * mtompset frowns, "I'm 6 behind."
13:51 edveal joined #koha
13:52 * oleonard tries again with Bug 19709
13:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19709 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Move template JavaScript to the footer: Labels
13:53 dersmon i am struggling to add a new title to my basket, koha always tells me i have to add budgets/funds first even though there are several budgets defined
13:54 cait dersmon: maybe you don't have permission for them
13:54 dersmon i am the owner for atleast one
13:54 cait hm
13:54 cait which version?
13:54 wahanui it has been said that which version is recommended?
13:54 dersmon wait, let me double check again
13:54 cait oh, are they in an active budget?
14:04 dersmon ah, i did not allocate money to the fund, only to the parent budget
14:05 mtompset oleonard, it's soooo huge. ;)
14:05 mtompset No promises, but maybe.
14:13 oleonard mtompset: If you want some easy signoffs: Bug 20668 and Bug 20672
14:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20668 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Update two-column templates with Bootstrap grid: Acquisitions part 2
14:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20672 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Update two-column templates with Bootstrap grid: Acquisitions part 3
14:27 calire left #koha
14:29 talljoy joined #koha
14:30 saiful joined #koha
14:32 tcohen bug 20428 is a major for the next release
14:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20428 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , MARC import fails on Debian Stretch
14:35 jbeno joined #koha
14:38 oleonard jajm around?
14:51 tcohen @seen jajm
14:51 huginn tcohen: jajm was last seen in #koha 1 week, 1 day, 3 hours, 18 minutes, and 46 seconds ago: <jajm> cait, looking at it now
14:52 oleonard He's taking a good long look.
14:56 oleonard khall around?
14:57 khall what's up oleonard ?
14:57 oleonard I'm testing Bug 20718 and having trouble
14:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20718 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Add ability to have lists that are available to all list editors
14:58 oleonard After adding a staff list should I have three tabs, Your lists, Public lists, and Staff lists?
14:58 khall oleonard: what's the trouble?
14:58 wahanui the trouble is it seems to always give a false positive on a few fields
14:58 khall oleonard: yes, that is correct
14:59 oleonard I do not. Not as a superlibrarian, not as a regular user
15:00 saiful2 joined #koha
15:00 TGoat joined #koha
15:02 khall hmm, that's odd. let me re-test
15:15 Joubu I'd like bug 19185 for 18.05
15:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19185 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Web installer and onboarding tool selenium test
15:27 tcohen Joubu: I am testing it
15:28 tcohen does it really depend on bug 19821?
15:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19821 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Run tests on a separate database
15:28 Joubu yes
15:47 rocio joined #koha
15:49 edveal joined #koha
16:01 mtompset tcohen, are we still using docbook?
16:01 mtompset I thought we had switched to sphnix for documentation.
16:02 tcohen TF?
16:02 wahanui TF is that?
16:05 mtompset 20428
16:06 mtompset there was a debian/docs/koha-create.xml tweak.
16:06 mtompset I was just wondering if that directory is out of date now.
16:06 tcohen mtompset: you are mixing things
16:06 tcohen you are talking about documentation and the way we generate man pages
16:06 mtompset ah... okay, how do I generate man pages?
16:07 mtompset @seen khall
16:07 huginn mtompset: khall was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 4 minutes, and 39 seconds ago: <khall> hmm, that's odd. let me re-test
16:07 tcohen mtompset: misc4dev/ does that I think
16:08 mtompset @later tell khall Bad Kyle. You missed a test case. Did you even try to koha-create with --upload-tmp-path? Someone forgot a tweak! ;)
16:08 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
16:08 tcohen line 65
16:09 mtompset No, I'm talking about debian/scripts/koha-create line 463.
16:09 khall hmm, wonder what I did wrong... maybe it was previous testing cruft that let it work : \
16:09 khall sorry!
16:09 mtompset No problem... I was just razzing you.
16:09 mtompset But it doesn't work. :(
16:10 mtompset tells me it isn't a valid parameter, because of line 463 has no upload-tmp-path parameter. :)
16:11 mtompset tcohen++ # yes! misc4dev script does make them. :) Thanks. :)
16:14 mtompset I'll push up my tiny tweak, and sign off. :)
16:14 mtompset Then lunch!
16:18 oleonard Every time I submit a patch with changes to staff-global.css Bug 19474 glares at me.
16:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19474 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Convert staff client CSS to SCSS
16:18 mtompset web technologies are scary. I want my HTML 2. :)
16:20 * oleonard converts all layouts to use multiple nested tables, spacer gifs, and <font> tags
16:21 * mtompset replies, "<blink>happy</blink>"
16:22 mtompset Kyle, are you on the QA team? :)
16:23 cait yes
16:23 mtompset khall, are you are on the QA team?
16:23 cait left #koha
16:23 mtompset Then he could sign off mine, and mark passed QA. ;)
16:24 mtompset But I supposed I technically have one more test left. :)
16:24 mtompset Do an actual MARC upload.
16:24 khall Sure can!
16:24 khall Remind me if I forget 😁
16:26 mtompset I'm going for lunch first, then testing the upload... I'll PM you once I'm done. :)
17:02 rocio joined #koha
17:09 NateC joined #koha
17:18 mtompset NICE! tcohen, a new vagrantup come out (2.1.0) and it seems to have rectified my NFS issues. :)
17:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20730 is not accessible.
17:31 cait joined #koha
17:58 oleonard Bug 20260
17:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20260 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Use CodeMirror for the SQL reports editor
18:07 mtompset Code Mirror?
18:07 mtompset Can't we all use vi? ;)
18:08 mtompset oleonard, sorry to make you pine more over your CSS to SCSSlmnop bug. I signed off your datepicker formating bug. :)
18:10 oleonard Have you used CodeMirror before mtompset?
18:12 mtompset Never heard of it... you know me an new fangled frameworks and technology. :)
18:14 mtompset oleonard, you have an Asset reference to a file you didn't include.
18:14 mtompset And if this is adding something, shouldn't there be an about change referencing license or use or something?
18:15 oleonard To what are you referring?
18:16 mtompset Commented on bug 20260. Hope I make sense. :)
18:16 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20260 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Use CodeMirror for the SQL reports editor
18:17 mtompset Serves me right for not reading closely!
18:17 mtompset DOH!
18:18 mtompset Okay... let's try this...
18:19 * magnuse cheers
18:20 NateC joined #koha
18:20 mtompset It's full of stars!
18:20 mtompset So pretty.
18:26 * mtompset gets sad.
18:27 mtompset oleonard, the show isn't working. :(
18:30 oleonard Okay, I'll work on it.
18:32 mtompset I've commented. It was very beautiful syntax highlighting in the other cases.
18:41 Stompro joined #koha
18:45 oleonard Bye all
19:07 emma joined #koha
19:43 wizzyrea joined #koha
19:57 cait can someone send a meeting reminder for tomorrow, plz?
19:58 Joubu there is the agenda ;)
19:59 davbo joined #koha
20:09 davbo Does anyone know why "" and "" results don't use "CanBookBeReserved" to check wether to show the "Place Hold" button?
20:09 cait i know - but people :)
20:09 cait maybe to display the link even when people ar enot logged in
20:11 davbo What value does $borrowernumber take if there is no logged in user?
20:16 cait there would be on borrowernumber
20:18 davbo no logged-in user as borrowernumber = 0. You can still apply circulation rules to that "anonymous patron" no?
20:18 cait I don't think it works that way currently
20:18 cait what patron category and homebranch would you use?
20:19 davbo I would apply the default circ_rule for (all patron, all branches)
20:19 cait i don't think that woudl give you the correct result
20:19 davbo If non is found, simply default on no "place hold" button
20:19 davbo Can place a hold if you are not a patron anyway
20:20 davbo Or have a syspref to select the "no patron" behavior for the "place hold" button
20:20 cait i think it's a question of usability, offer the option and then allow login
20:20 cait or don't show the option and people will have to be taught to log in first
20:20 cait logic could be improved, but i think displaying the link is better
20:21 davbo Right, but that could still be done in a centalized CanBookBeReserved (or equivalent Koha:: code) function
20:21 davbo right?
20:21 jorgeR joined #koha
20:23 cait i just think logic would need some discussion
20:23 cait using the default default doesn't appear right to me
20:24 cait i am not 100% how it currently works either
20:24 davbo Where would the best place to discuss this be? irc, mail list or should I open a Bugzilla?
20:25 cait good question
20:26 cait you could ask the mailing list
20:26 cait maybe also at the dev meeting tomorrow? might give you some opinions
20:26 cait next meetings?
20:26 wahanui it has been said that next meetings is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
20:26 cait i think there is some logic to the display now, just don't know how it exactly works, maybe worth checking before
20:28 Joubu well the main problem, I think, is that this code is hard to understand and touch
20:28 davbo Ok thanks, I'll keep looking and ask tomorrow if needed
20:29 Joubu the CanBook* CanItem* and IsAvailableatitemleveblablaba subroutines have useless return values
20:29 Joubu and so we never know why something is not possible
20:30 cait will be fun to move those one day :(
20:30 * Joubu is not answering the question anyway...
20:31 davbo CanBook only returns the last CanItem return value which can be confusing
20:31 Joubu I have started already, bug 17728 and bug 17677
20:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17728 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Move C4::Reserves code to the Koha namespace
20:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17677 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Move C4::Circulation code to the Koha namespace
20:31 JesseM joined #koha
20:44 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:16 cait good night #koha
21:20 caroline_ in, lines 13 and 14, what does "issue" refer to?
21:20 caroline_ 13                     [% CASE 'not_checked_in_yet' %]Do not forget that the issue has not been checked in yet.
21:20 caroline_ 14                     [% CASE 'not_checked_out_yet' %]Do not forget that the issue has not been checked out yet.
21:21 caroline_ Is it a serial or a checkout?
21:22 caroline_ If it's a checkout, in what case would a checkout not be checked out?
21:34 kathryn joined #koha
22:29 mtompset caroline_, I am not a librarian. Terminology confounds me too. However, my guess it is anything that you could check in or out. So, a book, CD, serial, or whatever.
22:30 mtompset But the context may be important to confining it to just a serial.
23:11 jorgeR left #koha
23:45 dilan joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary