IRC log for #koha, 2018-05-02

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:20 cait1 joined #koha
00:47 dcook_ joined #koha
00:52 dcook joined #koha
01:08 dcook_ joined #koha
02:13 misilot joined #koha
02:16 tallerjoy joined #koha
02:54 bshum joined #koha
03:14 misilot joined #koha
04:31 misilot joined #koha
04:46 mtj hey #koha, does have a package for 'libwebservice-ils-perl' ?
04:48 * mtj isnt quite sure how to confirm atm
04:49 aleisha joined #koha
04:53 alexbuckley hey aleisha. Are you still in Bali or back in NZ now?
04:53 eythian joined #koha
05:16 cait joined #koha
05:28 paxed oh yeah, koha irc meet... at midnight. i think i'll skip it.
05:28 wilfrid joined #koha
05:29 fridolin joined #koha
05:29 fridolin hi there
05:29 wahanui bonjour, fridolin
05:33 misilot joined #koha
05:34 rajesh joined #koha
05:35 rajesh_ joined #koha
05:36 rajesh_ is there any one who can help me to implement banner in user opac in koha
05:38 rajesh_ i think all are busy
05:42 rajesh_ hallo
06:19 reiveune joined #koha
06:19 reiveune hello
06:19 wahanui niihau, reiveune
06:19 bshum joined #koha
06:21 magnuse_ \o/
06:32 cait joined #koha
06:40 ashimema_ joined #koha
06:43 josef_moravec joined #koha
06:45 jenkins Project Koha_17.05_D8 build #94: UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.05_D8/94/
06:45 jenkins Jonathan Druart: Bug 19671: Map itemtypes to hash for correct display in
06:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19671 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Circulation wizard / does not populate itemtype descriptions correctly
06:48 alex_a joined #koha
06:50 misilot joined #koha
06:57 alex_a bonjour
07:20 janPasi joined #koha
07:22 JoshB_ joined #koha
07:22 sophie_m joined #koha
07:27 greenjimll joined #koha
07:33 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:54 misilot joined #koha
08:23 gveranis joined #koha
08:40 alexbuckley joined #koha
08:41 gveranis hi all
08:42 gveranis I would like to ask if koha can work with ADFS
08:42 gveranis and if any plugin is available for that
08:42 gveranis ADFS ->[…]Error=-2147217396
08:46 gveranis_ joined #koha
08:50 eythian gveranis: I've done it in the past with AD, it just looks like LDAP to koha.
08:50 gveranis ok i enable the same things as LDAP ?
08:51 eythian yeah. I'm no longer an expert (it's been a few years since I last did it), but I remember it being reasonably straightforward. There'll be docs around the wiki probably too.
08:53 gveranis yeah, i found this https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ha#Authentication
08:56 misilot joined #koha
09:18 severine_q joined #koha
09:18 severine_q Bonjour #koha :)
09:27 skrieg_esa joined #koha
09:31 misilot joined #koha
10:03 misilot joined #koha
10:56 fridolin left #koha
11:03 cait so quiet
11:16 kidclamp gveranis, you can also connect adfs using saml/shibboleth
11:16 cait hi kidclamp
11:16 kidclamp hi cait
11:17 gveranis hi kidclamp, the procedure is the same as description in Wiki ? https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eth_Configuration
11:18 kidclamp the only issue with ADFS is getting the attributes sent as attributes
11:18 kidclamp you need custom claim rules I believe
11:18 kidclamp matts may have more insight too
11:18 gveranis ok thanks, I will check it
11:24 meliss joined #koha
11:29 alex_a joined #koha
11:31 oleonard joined #koha
11:31 oleonard Hi all
11:32 cait hi oleonard :)
11:37 misilot joined #koha
11:41 devinim joined #koha
11:44 alex_a_ joined #koha
11:47 alex_a_ joined #koha
11:51 ncbaratta joined #koha
11:57 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:10 talljoy joined #koha
12:15 fridolin joined #koha
12:26 DonnaB joined #koha
12:36 oleonard Bug 20654
12:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20654 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Omnibus: Update two-column templates to use Bootstrap grid
12:36 oleonard Only 150 templates to go!
12:38 magnuse_ oleonard++
12:44 cait that's optimism!
12:45 oleonard It's my jam
12:45 oleonard I seem to always pick feature freeze for a flurry of template-changes.
12:54 andrew joined #koha
13:00 kellym joined #koha
13:00 tcohen hola
13:03 tcohen cait: only if the OAuth thing gets pushed
13:14 kmlussier joined #koha
13:23 marcelr joined #koha
13:23 marcelr hi #koha
13:24 NateC joined #koha
13:25 oleonard Hi marcelr
13:26 marcelr o/
13:26 oleonard ...and tcohen
13:26 tcohen hi oleonard and marcelr
13:26 marcelr tcohen!
13:33 JoshB joined #koha
13:37 eythian hi (?:ma(?:rcelr|gnuse)|tcohen|oleo[pn]ard|cait)
13:37 tcohen hi robin
13:37 tcohen :-P
13:43 Marti-Fuerst joined #koha
13:53 jorgeR joined #koha
13:54 edveal joined #koha
13:57 oleo[pn]ard What is doing with line 369, my @servers = $cgi->multi_param('server')
13:57 oleo[pn]ard ?
13:57 oleo[pn]ard What kind of server can be specified?
13:58 tcohen oleo[pn]ard: my undestanding of is that all the code allows setting several servers. Over engineering, with good thoughts
13:58 kmlussier joined #koha
13:59 * tcohen bets it relates to that
13:59 tcohen finally unused generalization
14:00 oleo[pn]ard I wonder if it has ever been used
14:01 georgew joined #koha
14:05 Marti-Fuerst_ joined #koha
14:22 tcohen ashimema: are you working on 20627?
14:22 tcohen otherwise I will remove the dependency for bug 20624
14:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20624 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, NEW , Disable the OAuth2 client credentials grant by default
14:29 fridolin left #koha
14:31 Margaret joined #koha
14:31 misilot joined #koha
14:33 marcelr any feedback on bug 20697 is welcome
14:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20697 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Where does this Host-Item-Number noise come from in zebra-output.log?
14:35 rocio joined #koha
14:50 kidclamp commented marcelr
14:50 marcelr thx kidclamp
14:55 cait oleo[pn]ard, tcohen: i think it was usable at some point but never really seen it in the wild
14:55 cait related to the pazpar2 features
14:55 cait and the groupedresults thing
15:01 TGoat joined #koha
15:02 deb-CSPL joined #koha
15:07 severine_q joined #koha
15:08 misilot joined #koha
15:40 reiveune bye
15:40 reiveune left #koha
16:09 jbeno_away joined #koha
17:54 tcohen kidclamp
17:54 wahanui Sandwich King of the Northeast
17:54 tcohen kidclamp++
17:58 TGoat wahanui Sandwich of South or North Island?
17:58 wahanui i don't know, tgoat
18:10 nuentotert joined #koha
18:11 koha joined #koha
18:14 koha so I've gotten a new server pc (YAY!) installed newest koha and am setting up database atm. when i go to create the db it says the koha instance is empty and no staff user created. I did not see anything about this step in any of the documentation for installing 17.11. did I miss something or .....?
18:15 nuentoter on debian 9 btw (i know not officially supported)
18:17 * oleo[pn]ard counts 90 templates to go
18:17 kidclamp when I had more free time my kid got fancy breakfast sandwiches featured on instagram TGoat
18:17 TGoat noice .. I'll take a look
18:18 oleo[pn]ard Thats kidclamp, always out there making the rest of us look bad.
18:18 kidclamp don't hate me because I am beautiful
18:49 cait joined #koha
18:58 oleo[pn]ard Bye all
18:59 tcohen @seen Joubu
18:59 huginn tcohen: Joubu was last seen in #koha 6 days, 21 hours, 42 minutes, and 40 seconds ago: <Joubu> I will be afk until May 3rd, bye #koha
19:01 tcohen @later tell jajm please review bug 20624
19:01 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
19:13 * cait waves
19:17 tcohen hi cait
19:17 cait hello
19:26 cait @later tell LeeJ ping :)
19:26 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
20:03 nuentoter xit
20:03 nuentoter exit
20:11 kathryn joined #koha
20:15 skrieg_esa joined #koha
20:31 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:41 JoshB left #koha
20:51 thd joined #koha
20:55 caroline joined #koha
20:56 georgew joined #koha
20:58 AndroUser joined #koha
21:01 Marti-Fuerst joined #koha
21:01 davidnind joined #koha
21:04 caroline Is there supposed to be a meeting right now? Did I miscalculate the time again?
21:05 cait no you are right
21:05 ClintD Was expecting a meeting
21:05 davidnind Right time:[…]iso=20180502T2100
21:05 georgew I don't think you miscalculated - it's on my schedule for now also - well, 5 minutes ago
21:05 cait sorry, forgot the time :)
21:05 cait and it seems people are here
21:05 cait kidclamp_away: you here to chair?
21:05 bgkriegel_ joined #koha
21:06 tcohen next meeting?
21:06 wahanui i guess next meeting is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
21:06 cait Joubu?
21:06 wahanui Joubu is not sure how to fix that correctly
21:06 cait i cna chair
21:06 cait but maybe someone willing to co-chair?
21:07 cait #startmeeting General IRC meeting 2 May 2018
21:07 huginn Meeting started Wed May  2 21:07:39 2018 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
21:07 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:07 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 2 May 2018)
21:07 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_2_may_2018'
21:07 cait #topic Introductions
21:07 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:07 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 2 May 2018)
21:07 cait please introduce yourself using #info
21:07 georgew #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
21:08 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eeting_2_May_2018 Today's agenda
21:08 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro, Canada
21:08 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:08 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
21:08 wizzyrea #info liz rea Catalyst NZ
21:08 ClintD #info Clint Deckard, Anact NZ
21:08 rangi #info Chris Cormack Catalyst NZ
21:08 bgkriegel_ #info Bernardo Gonzalez, Cordoba, Argentina
21:08 Marti-Fuerst #info Marti Fuerst, Huntsville-Madison County Public Library, Huntsville, Alabama, USA
21:09 cait nice :)
21:09 cait giving a little more time, then moving on
21:09 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
21:09 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
21:09 cait moving on
21:10 cait #topic Announcements
21:10 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 2 May 2018)
21:10 cait #link Dashboard - 20 days until release today
21:10 cait We are really close to release day now already, we are in hard feature freeze now and will enter string freeze on Friday
21:11 wizzyrea neat
21:11 caroline Friday till when?
21:11 cait #link http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]es-td5971005.html Release dates 18.05
21:11 cait caroline: short before release, translations are one of the last things pushed
21:12 caroline So the 18 is still good?
21:12 cait should be
21:12 caroline The french team is having a traslation blitz
21:12 cait bgkriegel_: do you know exactly?
21:13 cait We are still looking for some roles on the next release team
21:13 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_18.11 Roles for 18.11
21:13 bgkriegel_ I'll will update strings a couple of times before relase
21:14 cait bgkriegel++
21:14 cait we are still short a documentation team and 2 release maintainers
21:14 cait please consider signing up! Especially documentation team needs more hands... well... than zero :) way more hands
21:14 tcohen and packaging manager
21:14 caroline what do those imply?
21:14 cait correct
21:15 cait #info Still looking for release maintainers, packaging manager and documentation team - please consider signing up!
21:15 cait caroline: the maintaines or documentation?
21:15 georgew I will pass along the need for documentation team members at the next koha-us meeting
21:15 caroline docs
21:15 cait thx georgew!
21:15 cait it basically says that you will be working on the manual
21:16 caroline I'm trying to collaborate right now, but is it something more like what Lee is doing?
21:16 cait not necessarily, it would depend on the team how they organize
21:16 cait i am willing ot help with the more technical where possible
21:17 cait davidnind++ and LeeJ++ have been adding tons of tasks to a Taiga kanban for people to work on
21:17 cait i am currently working on separating the files a bit more and reorganizing
21:17 cait next i think would be adding all the new things
21:17 caroline I'm willing to be officially on the team
21:17 cait davidnind: about right?
21:18 cait caroline: :)
21:18 davidnind I am -
21:18 cait -?
21:18 wahanui hmmm... - is nengard's brain just tired or does this site lack information on what the heck it means?
21:18 davidnind lots of writing to do for the manual - tasks list feels a little overwhelming at the moment, but we'll make some progress before the release I think
21:19 tcohen step by step
21:19 cait yep, the only way to do it
21:19 cait if someone wants to write, i am willing to help making patches
21:19 wizzyrea "how do you eat a whale?" "one bite at a time"
21:19 thd Documentation should be a patch along with the code for the functionality :)
21:19 cait i am not a native speaker, so happy to pair up with one :) or have you correct my writing
21:19 caroline wizzyrea: lol!
21:20 cait thd: we have a huge backlog from old releases, don't think that's going to happen soon :)
21:20 davidnind I think LeeJ's focus for us is on documenting the new features then working on the other tasks as we get time
21:20 tcohen cait: well, we introduced the requirement for release notes description, that shoul dhelp
21:20 cait i am splitting in order to get the translation files a bit smaller too
21:20 cait easier to handle
21:21 bgkriegel_ left #koha
21:21 wizzyrea I think it will load more nicely and faster if it's split too
21:21 cait and the TOCs are shorter
21:21 cait[…]hadocs-1805/us/22 is where i am at
21:21 bgkriegel joined #koha
21:21 cait feel free to disagree/add others
21:21 cait :)
21:22 cait #info documentation team and anyone who wants to join it will work on adding new features/enh to the manual
21:22 cait anything else to add?
21:23 cait we drifted off a little, but i'd like to suggest having a separate election meeting in 2 weeks
21:23 cait or 1 week?
21:23 wahanui i guess 1 week is a bit short ;)
21:23 cait before 22nd :)
21:24 davidnind happy with either
21:25 cait 16 may?  16 utc?
21:25 davidnind two meetings next week on same day - dev meeting + documentation
21:25 caroline next week there are already two irc meetings i think, so 2 weeks would be better
21:26 cait ok, so stick with 16th then
21:26 thd The 23rd should not be fatal
21:26 thd 13 UTC please
21:27 davidnind 16 UTC[…]iso=20180516T1600
21:27 davidnind 13 UTC[…]iso=20180516T1300
21:27 cait i hink nz is out either way
21:27 cait hard to find a good one
21:28 cait 13 UTC ok for people otherwise? for europe it would work well i think
21:28 cait and i htink for US
21:28 cait mostly
21:29 thd Would NZ be out with UTC 16?
21:29 cait yes
21:29 caroline eastern us/canada is good, its like 9am
21:29 cait basically everything that works for europe doesn't work well for NZ i think
21:29 davidnind yes - NZ = 4am, but pcan put a note on agenda or roles page I guess
21:30 cait #info A general IRC meeting will be held in 2 weeks time for elections, 16 May 2018, 13 UTC
21:30 cait yep
21:30 thd It is hardly as if there are contested seats in the election.
21:30 cait you can alway sdo that to make your opinion known for a vote
21:30 cait #info Please feel free to add comments/vote on the apologies section of the agenda wiki page if you can't attend
21:30 cait ok, moving on?
21:30 thd When we do have an issue of real contest we have had a vote over several days
21:31 cait #topic Update on releases
21:31 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 2 May 2018)
21:31 cait RM?
21:31 cait Joubu?
21:31 wahanui rumour has it Joubu is not sure how to fix that correctly
21:31 cait RMaints?
21:31 wahanui rumour has it RMaints is kidclamp (17.11), fridolin (17.05), rangi (16.11)
21:31 cait trying to ping them
21:31 rangi 16.11 is retired
21:32 cait what's it doing now with all the free time?
21:32 davidnind Has put in apologies - update from dev meeting is here: http://meetings.koha-community[…]25-21.02.log.html
21:32 cait thx davidnind
21:32 cait #info For update on 18.05 see http://meetings.koha-community[…]25-21.02.log.html
21:32 cait #info 16.11 is retired
21:33 cait there are no othe rtopics on the agenda, anything to add?
21:34 cait just quickly looking up how to do the ending so that the auto-creation of th enew wiki page works right
21:34 davidnind nothing to add from me...:)
21:34 cait #info Next meeting: 16 May 2018, 13 UTC
21:35 cait I don't chair so often anymore, always forget :)
21:35 cait ok, ending the meeting hten - thx for being here!
21:35 cait #endmeeting
21:35 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
21:35 huginn Meeting ended Wed May  2 21:35:20 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
21:35 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-05-02-21.07.html
21:35 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-05-02-21.07.txt
21:35 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]02-21.07.log.html
21:35 caroline thank you!
21:35 davidnind cait++ thanks for chairing!
21:35 cait caroline: don't forget to put yourname on the wiki page :)
21:35 davidnind left #koha
21:35 ClintD Thank you chair
21:36 caroline cait: I just write it in?
21:36 cait yep
21:36 caroline will do!
21:42 cait davidnind++ and caroline++ for signing up for docs team :)
21:54 cait tcohen: did you see my later about the rest chapter in the manual?
21:54 cait it still refers to the old one biblibre did
21:56 cait[…]tml#rest-services
21:56 cait can we remove?
21:56 cait or better... update?
22:34 jbeno1 joined #koha
23:10 NateC joined #koha
23:20 jorgeR left #koha
23:34 kathryn joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary