IRC log for #koha, 2017-12-12

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:21 kholt joined #koha
00:21 kholt left #koha
00:59 kellym joined #koha
01:11 dilan hey anyone about? i was just wondering if anyone knows how to authenticate with the new rest api
01:12 dilan i keep getting a 404 when using the address in the wiki
01:12 dilan https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]/New_REST_API_RFC
01:14 BobB tcohen about?
01:15 BobB rangi about?
01:15 caboose joined #koha
01:16 dilan i did notice that the api addresses for bug 16330 appear different to those in the specs on the wiki page
01:16 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16330 new feature, P5 - low, ---, benjamin.rokseth, Needs Signoff , REST API: add routes to add, update and delete patrons
01:17 rangi BobB: sorta
01:17 BobB hi rangi, we're trying to sign off on 16330 and dilan has struck a problem
01:18 rangi hmm?
01:18 dilan yeah the bug doesnt give instructions on authenticating and it looks as though POST    /rest/v1/borrower/userid:<userid>/authenticate from the wiki might be wrong
01:19 rangi ahh i have no idea, i've not played with the new api at all
01:19 dilan ahh oh well thanks anyway rangi
01:20 rangi have you tried with patrons instead of borrower? in that url?
01:20 rangi thats all I can think of
01:20 dilan yeah i have
01:20 dilan ive tried swapping out rest for api too
01:20 rangi right, yeah tcohen, or Joubu would be the people to ask I think
01:21 BobB we might get joubu or magnuse late in the day
01:22 dilan thanks for that rangi
01:36 tcohen dilan, right now we only support cookie based auth on the API
01:36 tcohen I log into a user with the privileges I need to test
01:37 tcohen And use Postman (chrome) or RESTer (Firefox)
01:37 tcohen To hit the endpoints
01:37 dilan hi tomas
01:37 dilan right so you simply use the cookie with httpie or curl
01:38 tcohen We already have a /api/v1/patrons endpoint
01:38 tcohen 16330 implements full CRUD on it
01:39 tcohen Yeah, if you are testing with curl, that's right
01:39 tcohen I use RESTer for my tests
01:39 dilan awesome cheers for clarifying that
01:40 BobB tcohen +1
01:41 tcohen Now Joubu pushed all the helpers dependencies, things will move really faster in both implementing and qaing
01:59 caboose joined #koha
02:00 tcohen dilan point me to the wiki page you're referring to
02:01 dilan https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]/New_REST_API_RFC
02:01 tcohen Ah, the RFC
02:02 dilan joined #koha
02:03 tcohen This is official, the RFC tries to document the decision making process and the different proposals
02:03 tcohen https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_Guidelines_-_API
02:04 dilan oh cool
02:05 dilan makes sense now
02:08 Francesca joined #koha
02:26 caboose joined #koha
02:27 BobB tcohen we're close there, taking a lunch break now
03:10 Francesca joined #koha
03:22 phasefx_ joined #koha
04:06 dilan tcohen still about?
04:07 dilan everything is working except PUT /api/v1/patrons/<borrowernumber>
04:07 dilan i get a 500 internal server error when attempting to update patrons
04:15 alohalog` joined #koha
04:31 BobB mtj?
04:31 wahanui somebody said mtj was the 16.5 Rmaint for the 16.11 release cycle
06:29 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:30 LibraryClaire morning #koha
07:01 magnuse guten morgen BüchereiKlara und #koha
07:02 cait joined #koha
07:03 LibraryClaire hi magnuse
07:03 wahanui kamelåså
07:31 reiveune joined #koha
07:31 reiveune hello
07:31 wahanui hey, reiveune
07:37 wilfrid joined #koha
07:45 laurence joined #koha
07:45 alex_a joined #koha
07:46 alex_a bonjour
07:46 wahanui privet, alex_a
07:46 josef_moravec joined #koha
07:46 josef_moravec morning #koha
07:56 LibraryClaire hi josef_moravec, alex_a
07:56 josef_moravec Hi LibraryClaire
07:56 alex_a salut LibraryClaire
07:56 fridolin joined #koha
07:57 fridolin hi
07:57 wahanui hi, fridolin
07:57 josef_moravec hi fridolin
07:57 josef_moravec hi alex_a
07:57 alex_a hi josef_moravec
07:57 LibraryClaire hi fridolin
07:58 * fridolin sends a Bonjour to everyone
08:15 cait joined #koha
08:15 cait good morning #koha :)
08:26 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:35 greenjimll joined #koha
08:41 sophie_m joined #koha
08:44 alex_a @seen marcelr
08:44 huginn` alex_a: marcelr was last seen in #koha 17 hours, 56 minutes, and 7 seconds ago: <marcelr> Gemeentelijk Vergader Bedrijf
08:45 alex_a hello cait
08:52 cait hi alex_a!
09:16 Francesca joined #koha
09:28 gaetan_B joined #koha
09:41 greenjimll Morning (afternoon, evening) all.
09:44 LibraryClaire hi greenjimll
09:48 cait joined #koha
09:49 LibraryClaire joined #koha
10:16 aslak joined #koha
10:33 jenkins Project Koha_16.11_D8 build #89: UNSTABLE in 2 hr 6 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_16.11_D8/89/
10:33 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19655: Add tests
10:33 jenkins * kyle: Bug 19655: Make To.json escape doesn't escape newlines  to create valid
10:33 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19655 critical, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , To.json doesn't escape newlines which can create invalid JSON
12:30 tcohen morning
12:34 meliss joined #koha
12:38 LibraryClaire hi tcohen
12:39 tcohen hi LibraryClaire
12:59 nengard joined #koha
13:03 * cait waves
13:06 Joubu Hi #koha
13:06 LibraryClaire hi Joubu
13:07 marcelr joined #koha
13:08 marcelr hi #koha
13:09 marcelr Joubu: 19542
13:10 Joubu marcelr: Hello, how did you get that error?
13:10 tcohen marcelr your dev envelope has problems
13:11 marcelr running updatedatabase
13:11 tcohen env ha
13:11 marcelr tcohen what problems ?
13:11 tcohen Missing dependencies
13:12 tcohen Search::ES is pulled by catmandu
13:12 marcelr the module does not seem to need the use
13:12 marcelr it is possible to just remove it?
13:13 Joubu it's used in
13:14 marcelr it is not listed in PerlDependencies..
13:15 marcelr about crashes indeed
13:15 kidclamp joined #koha
13:15 marcelr hm you may forget my patch, but we need some corrections here
13:16 Joubu marcelr: you are not using a debian-based system?
13:17 marcelr Joubu: Yes I do (Jessie)
13:19 Joubu you should have it installed then
13:19 oleonard joined #koha
13:20 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #310: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/310/
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19234: Unit tests for query parameters handling helpers
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19234: Add query parameters handling helpers
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19234: (follow-up) Make Query plugin available to endpoints
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19369: Unit tests
13:20 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19234 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , Add query parameters handling helpers
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19369: Add helper function for pagination attributes generation
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19278: Add RESTdefaultPageSize syspref
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19278: Unit tests
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19278: Make the pagination plugin use RESTdefaultPageSize
13:20 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19369 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , Add a helper function for translating pagination params into SQL::Abstract
13:20 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19278: (follow-up) Make the pagination plugin use
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19278: Mention RESTdefaultPageSize in POD
13:20 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19278 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , Add a configurable default page size for endpoints
13:20 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19278: DBRev
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19370: Unit tests
13:20 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19370 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , Add a helper function for translating order_by params into SQL::Abstract
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19370: Add helper function for order_by attribute generation
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19370: Remove undefined variable warning
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19370: (QA follow-up) Use OpenAPI's handling of pipe separated
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19410: Add Koha::Objects->search_for_api
13:20 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19410 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , Add a helper function for generating object searches for the API
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19410: Unit tests
13:20 jenkins * lari.taskula: Bug 19410: (follow-up) Fix typo in POD
13:20 jenkins * julian.maurice: Bug 19410: Move search_for_api into a Mojo helper
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19410: Move build_query_params_from_api into a helper
13:20 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19410: (follow-up) Add reserved params definitions
13:20 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19410: (follow-up) Move build_query_params_from_api into a helper
13:20 Joubu thanks tcohen ^
13:20 oleonard Hi all
13:21 LibraryClaire hi oleonard
13:21 wahanui hi olé onard
13:22 * oleonard is cold. Broken furnace, 12℃ in here
13:24 LibraryClaire brr
13:32 marcelr tcohen: apart from about, these Koha::REST::Plugins are driving me crazy too :)
13:34 jenkins joined #koha
13:35 tcohen marcelr: I'm sure you need to configure the unstable repository (Mirko's) and apt install koha-perldeps
13:35 tcohen or just use kohadevbox, whatever you prefer .-P
13:37 marcelr yeah have to create a new dev box now
13:37 tcohen master packages should pull the right dependencies
13:37 marcelr but im still thinking that the mojo thing is related to permissions or further deps
13:37 tcohen and I agree we could add Search::ElasticSearch to the dependencies at some point
13:38 marcelr like this point, since you put it in about
13:38 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:42 tcohen ok, I see
13:42 tcohen for some reason, Catmandu is not marked as a dependency
13:42 tcohen like elasticsearch was a separate thign
13:44 tcohen this is really wrong
13:44 tcohen if we have an on/off switch for a feature, we should pull its deps
13:44 tcohen we have this tendency to allow people's production systems to break with a single syspref change...
13:44 tcohen /end_rant
13:46 Joubu STRICT_TRANS_TABLES is now set by default in the maria config -
13:48 marcelr tcohen: i like this crash on / crash off approach LOL
13:49 cait Joubu: does this translate into problems?
13:50 Joubu install mariadb will not be enough, the config will have to be changed as well
13:50 Joubu and we must take care of these problems
13:53 cait true
13:53 cait can we find them systematically?
13:53 cait looking for soemthing specific like groups?
13:56 Joubu there are a lot of known issues (linked to bug 17258), we should start with those
13:56 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17258 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , [OMNIBUS] MySQL 5.7
13:57 paul_p joined #koha
13:59 jzairo joined #koha
13:59 greenjimll Hmm, so far today I've signed off on a bug but only included one patch in the sign off and then made a comment on it and somehow got the same comment to appear twice. I think I'd better step away from Bugzilla for the rest of the day!
14:00 LibraryClaire greenjimll: I know these feels well
14:01 greenjimll At least I've managed to get though our work Christmas lunch without up ending anything all over me! ;-)
14:01 LibraryClaire life goals ;)
14:01 cait :)
14:02 cait greenjimll: can't count my bad bugzilla comments or the number of typoed bug numbers...
14:02 greenjimll I think where I went wrong was trying to change the state to "signed off" _and_ putting a comment in at the same time. One to remember.
14:04 oleonard tcohen: I guess your discussion is related to the error I get this morning about Search::Elasticsearch being missing?
14:05 tcohen yes
14:05 tcohen indeed
14:05 tcohen sudo apt install koha-elasticsearch
14:06 khall @later tell larryb merritt doesn't need a custom branch anymore. They will use the standard code + hourly loans rollover plugin
14:06 huginn` khall: The operation succeeded.
14:07 cait wrong window? :)
14:07 cait hi khall :)
14:07 khall lol, yeah. thanks! ; )
14:07 khall mornin!
14:07 cait mornin!
14:08 kmlussier joined #koha
14:09 oleonard Seems like we only see you by mistake these days khall
14:09 oleonard I hope you are well
14:13 JoshB joined #koha
14:17 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
14:48 rocio joined #koha
14:50 edveal joined #koha
14:57 khall : )
14:57 khall hangin in there oleonard
14:57 khall I'm like beetlejuice. I only pop out of my hole when my name is called
15:01 oleonard Not quite as secretive as those who only appear if someone is talking about baking
15:02 kholt joined #koha
15:05 LibraryClaire left #koha
15:10 Joubu like "cookies with chocolate and raspberries"?
15:14 oleonard Or "Maple bourbon sweet potato pie?"
15:14 talljoy joined #koha
15:15 eythian <-- every first monday of the month...
15:15 eythian (that being when our "the Germans are invading" sirens are tested.)
15:16 oleonard Anyone else getting an error from batch record modification in master?
15:16 oleonard An error occurred on modifying it. (The error was: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_dbh_execute(): Unknown column 'me.timestamp' in 'field list' at /home/vagrant/kohaclone/Koha/ line 92
15:17 eythian (actually, probably more "the sea is invading" sirens in recent decades...)
15:31 NateC joined #koha
15:32 marcelr oleonard: try running update dbix schema
15:32 marcelr might be forgotten in master?
15:34 marcelr hmm or you had a failing dbrevision ?
15:34 oleonard marcelr: Trying now with a fresh db
15:35 kidclamp joined #koha
15:37 Joubu Bug 19724: DBRev
15:37 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19724 normal, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Add timestamp to biblio_metadata and deletedbiblio_metadata
15:37 Joubu Bug 19724: DBIC Schema changes
15:37 Joubu that should be ok
15:37 Joubu restart plack
15:38 Joubu or it's another timestamp column
15:45 oleonard Thanks marcelr and Joubu, dbic was what I needed.
15:46 Joubu oleonard: does it generate changes to the schema files?
15:47 oleonard How do I know if it did?
16:00 reiveune bye
16:00 reiveune left #koha
16:00 TGoat joined #koha
16:04 rocio_ joined #koha
16:07 cait can someone remind me of the zebra trick to get you all records in a db?
16:07 cait working on some weird indxing problems an dhave to check if my records total matches what is in zebra
16:13 cait allrecords,AlwaysMatches="" < found it
16:19 fridolin left #koha
16:24 jbeno joined #koha
16:31 oleonard kidclamp thank goodness you're back![…]0Crw4Ba/giphy.gif
16:32 kidclamp am I the tortoise? or the...guinea pig?
16:33 oleonard It's a wombat. I'm not saying you're either, I just thought you needed to know.
16:33 kidclamp wombat! is vital information
16:44 cait left #koha
17:06 jzairo joined #koha
17:34 Joubu @later tell rangi http://dashboard.koha-communit[…]assets/kudos.json - looks like it is not updated since one week (?)
17:34 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
17:39 caboose joined #koha
17:53 JesseDhammu joined #koha
18:24 laurence left #koha
19:01 bag logs?
19:01 wahanui i think logs is
19:03 kmlussier joined #koha
19:17 LeeJ joined #koha
19:18 * LeeJ waves
19:18 LeeJ hi #koha
19:24 cait joined #koha
19:29 * LeeJ waves to cait and caboose
19:30 * cait waves back
19:30 cait brb - dinner :)
19:34 oleonard joined #koha
19:48 tcohen is it possible to lock subfield edition in the cataloguing interface? (i.e. preventing librarians to change subfield 'a' for '?')
19:49 Joubu I do not think so
19:49 tcohen plz sir?
19:55 kidclamp hide it in frameworks? though rancor would get around thart
19:55 kidclamp or lock it with js
20:21 tallerjoy joined #koha
20:25 kidclamp Joubu++
20:33 rocio_ joined #koha
20:33 JoshB_ joined #koha
20:37 jeff___ joined #koha
20:39 dpk_ joined #koha
20:40 tallerjoy joined #koha
20:40 rocio__ joined #koha
20:40 kidclamp joined #koha
20:43 rocio__ joined #koha
20:44 barton|lunch joined #koha
20:47 tallerjoy joined #koha
20:51 talljoy joined #koha
20:54 rocio_ joined #koha
21:09 tcohen kidclamp, I meant dis-allow librarians to change the letter, when you click on the subfield letter
21:11 kidclamp in regular editor or rancor?
21:12 tcohen regular editor
21:15 * kidclamp still doesn't understand, like change which subfield it is? can you do that?
21:18 LeeJ tcohen: I think I know what you mean..hold on a sec
21:18 tcohen I'm taking a screenshot
21:20 * tcohen uploaded an image: image.png (31KB) <[…]GhLnenGELrpuxweQb>
21:21 LeeJ oooh
21:21 LeeJ hmm
21:21 tcohen click on the subfield letter, delete the char, put whatever you want in there
21:22 * tcohen won't try crafting the HTML so it passes '' 1=1; DROP TABLE borrowers' just in case
21:22 LeeJ haha
21:26 LeeJ tcohen: almost ready with something for you :)
21:27 tcohen oh that would make my day ha
21:35 LeeJ tcohen: just gotta test it to make sure :)
21:39 pastebot "LeeJ" at pasted "tcohen try this" (10 lines) at
21:39 LeeJ tcohen: ^
21:40 tcohen ha, thanks! LeeJ!
21:40 tcohen unexpected
21:41 LeeJ tcohen: but simple! :D
21:41 LeeJ tcohen: consider it my repayment for you putting up with me ;D
21:44 tcohen ha, I still expect a beer at some point
21:44 tcohen jajaja
21:45 * LeeJ ships tcohen a case of Yuengling
21:46 tcohen do they sell it in Portland? I'm crossing fingers I can be there at KohaCon
21:47 LeeJ tcohen: they might! I know they ship outside of Pennsylvania but I don't know how far outside :P
21:47 LeeJ tcohen: I just searched it and apparently there is yuengling sold at different bars in Portland!
21:48 LeeJ I don't know if I can afford it, but I want to go to KohaCon as well
21:49 LeeJ tcohen: if I'm able to go I'll buy you one or a dozen :)
21:50 tcohen same here
21:50 tcohen hehe
21:57 tcohen logs?
21:57 wahanui logs is, like,
21:57 tcohen @seen dilan
21:57 huginn` tcohen: dilan was last seen in #koha 17 hours, 50 minutes, and 12 seconds ago: <dilan> i get a 500 internal server error when attempting to update patrons
21:58 tcohen @later tell dilan I've submitted a followup for bug 16330 that fixes the problem you were facing, and benjamin explained quite precisely
21:58 huginn` tcohen: The operation succeeded.
22:02 LeeJ what method writes to intranet-error.log?
22:03 tcohen that's apache I think
22:04 LeeJ tcohen: was trying to debug the plugin I'm working on and trying to force it to give some sort of log would that be a warn or die?
22:04 wizzyrea warn
22:04 wizzyrea and it'll go to the plack log, if plack is running
22:05 tcohen in /var/log/koha/kohadev/plack-error.log
22:05 wizzyrea not totally sure about the plugins though
22:05 wizzyrea but a warn should spit out an error somewhere
22:05 tcohen if you use a remote debugging tool
22:05 tcohen you can run the alias we have:
22:05 tcohen plack_debug_start kohadev
22:05 tcohen that's what I do
22:06 tcohen I use Komodo IDE
22:06 tcohen but I know Vim has that abilities too
22:07 LeeJ haven't advanced enough to start using remote debugging since I don't have a need for it often :P
22:07 LeeJ thanks wizzyrea tcohen
22:22 LeeJ eh I'll figure it out in the morning
22:22 LeeJ have a good night all
22:30 alexbuckley joined #koha
22:37 Francesca joined #koha
22:38 Joubu Could someone send a reminder for the 2 IRC meetings we have tomorrow?
22:40 bag @later tell Joubu - two meetings tomorrow
22:40 huginn` bag: The operation succeeded.
22:40 bag hahaha!
22:40 wahanui i guess hahaha is that the one where he does all the swearing
22:40 bag sorry Joubu I had to
22:40 Joubu to the lists* :)
22:42 bag I will send one for the general IRC meeting
22:44 Joubu thx
22:49 Francesca_ joined #koha
22:49 Joubu bye!
22:56 JoshB left #koha
23:12 Francesca joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary