IRC log for #koha, 2017-09-13

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:07 dcook @later tell bgkriegel Hey Bernardo, can you email me if you see this? I'd like to add a language to Koha :)
00:07 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
00:07 dcook @later tell tcohen Do you know if bgkriegel is around at the moment?
00:07 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
00:07 wizzyrea what language?
00:07 wahanui language is probably filed letter by letter word by word
00:07 * dcook waves to Francesca
00:07 dcook wizzyrea: Tuvaluan
00:07 wizzyrea noice
00:07 * Francesca waves at dcook
00:08 dcook Have some willing translators :)
00:08 Francesca hi
00:08 wahanui hola, Francesca
00:08 wizzyrea that's fab
00:08 wizzyrea hi Francesca
00:08 dcook I was hoping to show them how to get started in person, but I think bgkriegel has been off the channel for about two weeks now and hasn't answered his email the past few days
00:10 dcook wizzyrea: Do you have much experience with installing languages with the Koha Debian packages?
00:10 Francesca how are you all?
00:10 dcook I keep wondering if updates would splat their packages..
00:10 * dcook is sick :(
00:11 wizzyrea updates would splat their translations yes
00:11 wizzyrea but
00:11 wizzyrea you can specify "do not update translations"
00:11 wizzyrea when apt installs
00:12 wizzyrea well, it wouldn't splat them if the translation didn't exist in upstream
00:12 Francesca urgh being sick sucks
00:12 Francesca I was sick last week
00:12 wizzyrea so for example if you had tv-TV for example,
00:12 wizzyrea many example.
00:12 wizzyrea but upstream didn't have that
00:12 Francesca wizzyrea I see you are looking for a dog
00:12 wizzyrea upstream wouldn't have anything to overwrite and they'd be fine
00:12 wizzyrea I am
00:12 Francesca thats awesome
00:13 wizzyrea dcook ^
00:13 wizzyrea sorry I'm walking away to go vote - bbiab
00:13 dcook vote?
00:13 wahanui rumour has it vote is going to the list regardless of what we decide
00:14 dcook wizzyrea: Ahh ok. That's how I figured that would work as that's how RPMs go about things as well.
00:14 * dcook is going to give packaging Debs a go at some point when he finds some time
00:14 dcook RPMs are so easy to make. I'm sure Deb packages can't be that hard..
00:14 dcook Especially with the build snapshot script already there
00:15 dcook Francesca: Between me and my kid, I feel like we've been sick for months :(
00:15 Francesca :(
00:15 Francesca I hope you all start feeling better soon!
00:16 dcook Thanks :)
00:18 Francesca @wunder wlg
00:18 huginn Francesca: Error: No such location could be found.
00:18 Francesca @wunder Wellington, New Zealand
00:18 huginn Francesca: Error: No such location could be found.
00:18 Francesca O.o
00:28 dcook O_O
00:33 wizzyrea yeah wunder is broken
00:35 jcamins wizzyrea: or maaaaayyybbeeeee you live in an imaginary fairy land where it's tomorrow already. :P
00:36 * wizzyrea looks around
00:36 wizzyrea definitely a fairy land.
00:36 dcook @wunder syd
00:36 huginn dcook: Error: No such location could be found.
00:36 wizzyrea honestly, it's broken.
00:36 dcook hehe
00:37 dcook I always like to try things myself!
00:37 jcamins @wunder 11375
00:37 huginn jcamins: Error: No such location could be found.
00:37 wizzyrea you are all dead to me.
00:38 wizzyrea (that's a joke, you know.)
00:40 caboose joined #koha
00:40 jcamins wizzyrea: I don't know, the fairy land could be very disconnected. :P
00:41 wizzyrea naw
01:07 Francesca joined #koha
01:10 ribasushi joined #koha
01:55 wizzyrea anyone around, can you confirm, on 16.11.11, does the patron search work for you?
01:55 wizzyrea i can't get it to work.
01:55 wizzyrea and seems no bugs.
01:56 wizzyrea and no errors
01:56 wizzyrea just death.
01:56 wizzyrea not death so much as it just doesn't work.
02:06 Joubu wizzyrea: Hi! Check the js console, may be a json formating issue
02:06 wizzyrea mmm seems unlikely that would be the problem across every installation, and it works in 16.11.10?
02:06 wizzyrea with the same data?
02:07 wizzyrea does it work for you?
02:07 wizzyrea (fwiw there's nothing in the console)
02:08 wizzyrea thank you for thinking about it :)
02:08 * Joubu is trying
02:08 * Joubu will be a bit slow
02:10 wizzyrea it's late for you I know
02:10 wizzyrea or early
02:10 Francesca joined #koha
02:10 mtj hey wizzyrea... -> https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?id=18551#c31
02:10 huginn Bug 18551: minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Pushed to Stable , Hide with CSS dynamic elements in member search
02:11 Joubu wizzyrea: almost work for me
02:11 Joubu on v16.11.11, when I enter a term in the header, nothing is return
02:11 wizzyrea it must be that one mtj
02:11 Joubu but if I hit the button again (from the filters on the left), it works
02:12 wizzyrea you are right it does
02:12 mtj ..i bumped into it last week
02:12 wizzyrea how come that didn't come back on a search for "patron search"
02:12 wizzyrea annoying.
02:12 wizzyrea :) but YAY mtj!
02:14 wizzyrea thank you both
02:14 Joubu sounds related indeed :)
02:14 Joubu bye!
02:14 wizzyrea good night
02:14 wahanui I watch you sleep.
02:15 wizzyrea oh wahanui you are so silly.
02:39 Kafilini_ joined #koha
03:05 jenkins Project Koha_Master build #259: STILL UNSTABLE in 3 hr 15 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]/Koha_Master/259/
03:21 tymanda joined #koha
03:35 JoshB joined #koha
03:41 Kafilini joined #koha
03:46 Francesca joined #koha
03:49 mtompset joined #koha
03:49 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
03:49 mtompset @seen Joubu
03:49 huginn mtompset: Joubu was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 34 minutes, and 53 seconds ago: <Joubu> bye!
03:50 mtompset @seen marcelr
03:50 huginn mtompset: marcelr was last seen in #koha 4 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes, and 28 seconds ago: <marcelr> see you later #koha (in about three weeks)
03:51 mtompset @seen cait
03:51 huginn mtompset: cait was last seen in #koha 1 day, 10 hours, 11 minutes, and 51 seconds ago: <cait> but I could apt-get it in ubuntu which was a plus
03:52 mtompset @seen fridolin
03:52 huginn mtompset: fridolin was last seen in #koha 4 days, 20 hours, 17 minutes, and 41 seconds ago: <fridolin> ah oki, otherwise it will be for next release
03:52 mtompset Wow, I'm not having much luck at finding people associated with this bug.
03:52 wizzyrea it's kinda night
03:53 wizzyrea for most people :)
03:53 wizzyrea also hi
03:53 mtompset Night for me in Canada, but I thought it would be like morning in Europe/Asia.
03:54 wizzyrea like 3am?
03:54 wizzyrea still a bit early :)
03:54 mtompset Oh... okay.
03:54 wizzyrea well 4
03:54 wizzyrea it's 15:54 here
03:54 wizzyrea and we are 12 off of GMT
03:54 mtompset :)
03:54 wizzyrea 12-ish, depending on the state of daylight savings
03:54 mtompset Do you have Koha Security bug access?
03:54 wizzyrea I do
03:55 mtompset Care to take a look at bug 18956?
03:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18956 is not accessible.
03:55 mtompset Sorry, huginn, you aren't privileged enough. :)
03:57 * wizzyrea reads the bug
03:58 mtompset It's easy enough to test. Just a lot of test cases to be thorough. :)
03:58 mtompset I forgot to check the message queue table. :)
04:06 mtompset And with the time passing midnight, I think I'll turn into a pumpkin and sleep.
04:06 wizzyrea sorry I'm heaps busy today :(
04:06 mtompset No problem, wizzyrea.
04:06 wizzyrea some of it self inflicted, some not
04:06 mtompset I totally get the busy problem.
04:06 mtompset I get that too, unfortunately.
04:07 mtompset Have a great day (24 hour period), #koha wizzyrea :)
04:07 wizzyrea you too :)
04:25 Kafilini joined #koha
04:48 Francesca joined #koha
05:29 tymanda joined #koha
05:46 khall joined #koha
05:57 deb-CSPL joined #koha
06:12 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:16 reiveune joined #koha
06:17 reiveune hello
06:17 * magnuse waves
06:29 aslak joined #koha
06:34 JoshB joined #koha
06:40 alex_a joined #koha
06:41 paul_p joined #koha
06:47 wilfrid joined #koha
06:59 sophie_m joined #koha
07:23 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:24 gaetan_B hello
07:24 wahanui hola, gaetan_B
08:01 fridolin joined #koha
08:01 fridolin hie there
08:10 paul_p_ joined #koha
09:37 Francesca joined #koha
09:54 * kidclamp waves
10:08 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:41 jenkins joined #koha
11:23 kidclamp matts around?
11:23 kidclamp @later tell matts take a look at bug 19296 please :-)
11:23 huginn kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
11:29 caboose joined #koha
11:44 meliss joined #koha
11:49 cait joined #koha
11:52 magnuse @later tell oleonard i get a heap of 404s for things like css and js on[…]a/customizations/
11:52 huginn magnuse: The operation succeeded.
11:52 oleonard joined #koha
12:00 jzairo joined #koha
12:03 alex_a joined #koha
12:04 matts hi kidclamp
12:04 matts I'll test your patch as soon as I can
12:09 kidclamp thanks matts
12:10 * cait waves
12:10 cait matts: we have submitted a patch for single-log out
12:10 kidclamp hi cait
12:10 cait it's in the 'signed off' queue (with cas)
12:10 cait in case you want to take a look
12:11 cait @later tell LeeJ I think rancor was an inofficial project name, but maybe we should explain that so peopel still find it
12:11 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
12:11 cait @later tell LeeJ - I didn't add it, maybe i missed it when searching? odd!
12:11 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
12:13 kidclamp yeah, I make sure to add rancor to all the bug titles just for ease of use, I push the name as 'advanced cataloging editor' is a lot more syllables
12:18 matts cait, okay
12:29 magnuse has anyone else noticed changes in the OAI-PMH server after upgrading to 17.05.x? specifically changes in the "extended mode"?
12:35 cait magnuse: we are ont there yet
12:35 magnuse lazy ;-)
12:36 edveal joined #koha
12:38 nengard joined #koha
12:40 khall joined #koha
12:46 Joubu hi #koha
12:47 kidclamp hi Joubu
12:49 LeeJ hi #koha
12:50 LeeJ forgot to log out when I left work yesterday :)
12:50 cait saw my laters?
12:51 LeeJ cait: got your laters...also, how do we want a chapter for Rancor defined? As in its own RST file? Or still under Cataloging?
12:51 cait it's a good question
12:51 cait I haven't quite figured out hte structure yet
12:52 LeeJ haha I figured it was worth asking :)
12:52 cait it looks like the web version displays the contenst of the file as toc
12:52 cait could you vreify?
12:52 LeeJ how do I access it? Brain's a bit foggy in the morning :P
12:53 cait
12:53 cait hm looking at the toc... i think we should porbably keep it in one file for now, what do you think?
12:53 cait i was thinking that we should change the style of the manual a bit
12:53 cait so that the toc is wider
12:54 cait i think that would help readability a lot
12:54 LeeJ what is toc exactly?
12:54 LeeJ term doesn't ring a bell
12:54 tcohen joined #koha
12:55 LibraryClaire tea or coffee
12:55 cait table of contents
12:55 cait i thought that was a common thing :)
12:56 tcohen morning
12:56 NateC joined #koha
12:56 tcohen @later tell dcook I don't think he is. You can contact him by email
12:56 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
12:59 LeeJ LibraryClaire: hahahaha
12:59 LeeJ ooooh
12:59 * LibraryClaire bows
12:59 * LeeJ needs a caffeine IV drip
13:00 LibraryClaire it's such tv and popcorn weather
13:00 * LibraryClaire makes plans for this evening
13:01 Joubu dev meeting in 1h
13:01 LeeJ on the bright side, I had an epiphany last night for a plugin to streamline my library's closed stacks workflow so I'm pretty excited to get some work done today
13:01 AndrewIsh joined #koha
13:01 cait Joubu: might miss it, or catch the end of it
13:02 cait bbl
13:03 cait LeeJ: will check your merge request later today hopefully
13:04 LeeJ Joubu: just FYI..I started taking college classes again this semester and I'm in class 10-11:30 Mon to Fri so I'll do my best to sit in on them when possible during class
13:05 kellym joined #koha
13:05 LeeJ inconvenient timings on their meeting times but no alternatives :(
13:05 LeeJ *class meeting times
13:05 Joubu k
13:08 cait left #koha
13:11 LeeJ kidclamp: recall that JS to prevent on shelf holds for a shelving location you wrote for us last year? :)
13:14 kidclamp vaguely
13:15 * kidclamp writes a lot of js, just because I don't remember doesn't mean it wasn't special though
13:18 kidclamp was there a problem LeeJ?
13:18 LeeJ kidclamp: no! In fact, it helped me get an idea for my dematic work :)
13:18 LeeJ kidclamp++
13:19 oleonard Every JS is special kidclamp
13:19 kidclamp so true
13:20 LeeJ kidclamp: I hadn't really looked at that JS since you wrote it but now that I understand Koha a lot better I noticed that it pulled from a just saying kidclamp is an excellent source of inspiration :)
13:21 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:24 kidclamp aw shucks
13:24 kidclamp one thing to watch for is data getting cached in public reports, it does happen sometimes
13:29 LeeJ yeah I had considered that..fortunately the data I'd be working with gets updated infrequently
13:29 LeeJ general question..isn't there a syspref to default to all libraries in the OPAC?
13:32 LeeJ basically asking if the masthead default can be changed? I recall seeing something at some poiint
13:33 kholt joined #koha
13:34 LeeJ SearchMyLibraryFirst ?
13:34 wahanui i guess SearchMyLibraryFirst is set to "Don't limit".
13:34 kidclamp doesn't it default to all libraries? OPAC_SEARCH_LIMIT lets you override and set to a branch in the apache config
13:34 kidclamp ah
13:34 LeeJ I think I found the right option..I had that pref set to limit
13:35 LeeJ didn't know wahanui listed syspref defaults
13:35 LeeJ welp class time!
13:38 misilot joined #koha
13:48 kmlussier joined #koha
13:50 alex_a_ joined #koha
13:57 Joubu Please read second part of http://lists.koha-community.or[…]ugust/043991.html
13:59 mveron joined #koha
13:59 mveron Hi again #koha
14:01 kidclamp meeting time!  giving a mintue for folks to arrive
14:03 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 13 September 2017
14:03 huginn Meeting started Wed Sep 13 14:03:13 2017 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
14:03 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:03 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 September 2017)
14:03 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_13_september_2017'
14:03 kidclamp #topic Introductions
14:03 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 September 2017)
14:03 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:03 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:03 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]13_September_2017 #empty
14:04 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:04 JesseM #info Jesse Maseto, BWS
14:04 dani joined #koha
14:05 mveron #info Marc Véron Switzerland
14:05 caboose #info Michael Cabus, BWS
14:05 barton #info Barton Chittenden, BWS
14:06 kidclamp ping fridolin cait
14:06 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Library, Ohio
14:07 kidclamp #topic Announcements
14:07 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 September 2017)
14:07 Joubu none from me
14:07 * oleonard seems to only attend meetings which he is inadvertently present for
14:07 oleonard pianohacker here?
14:08 kidclamp none from me
14:08 dani #info Danielle Elder, BWS
14:08 tcohen Can I?
14:08 kidclamp go for it tcohen
14:08 tcohen Jonathan and I are almost finished with dockerizing the jenkins tests
14:08 tcohen I expected to have it earlier
14:09 tcohen we might be capable of doing so for the stable branches
14:09 tcohen with a small effort
14:09 tcohen I repeat the request for people familiar with Docker to aid us
14:09 tcohen :-D
14:10 tcohen done
14:10 * oleonard once wore a pair of Dockers khakis, FWIW.
14:10 kidclamp #info Dockerizing jenkins is almost done, anyone with Docker experienced is welcome to help
14:10 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release manager (17.11)
14:10 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (17.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 September 2017)
14:10 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Franche, Biblibre
14:11 Joubu QA sprint was good, and NQA queue is growing again, so I guess we will organise another one soon.
14:11 fridolin RMint 17.05
14:11 Joubu I am going to announce feature freeze very early, as I do not want to see people active only the last month before the release.
14:11 Joubu So nothing marked as (real) enh will be pushed after October ~25th
14:11 oleonard Joubu++
14:11 tcohen Joubu++
14:11 Joubu If you want things to get pushed, it's now (and last 4 months...)
14:12 kidclamp #info QA sprint went well, will organise another as queue grows
14:12 Joubu I am waiting for the docker on jenkins to be ready to push Rest API related patches.
14:12 kidclamp #info early feature freeze, so get enhancements in before 10/25
14:12 Joubu on the dev side, I am going to work on bug 19297, there are very weird things in this area
14:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19297 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Standardize "can place hold" calculations
14:12 kidclamp #info REST patches awaiting docker/Jenkins completion
14:13 Joubu and the move to OOP makes things more easy and understandable. I hope I will be able to clean that area
14:13 Joubu patches are coming soon
14:13 Joubu but it's not a RM related job, you can move on :)
14:13 kidclamp #info Joubu working on bug 19297 too
14:14 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:14 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 September 2017)
14:14 kidclamp fridolin
14:14 wahanui fridolin is busy at the moment, I asked him to backport the bug fix
14:14 fridolin kidclamp: yep thanks
14:14 Joubu Ha! And security releases last month, next ones are going to include security stuffs as well
14:15 fridolin indeed
14:15 fridolin next release will be 17.05.04
14:15 fridolin not a lot of patches because of my vacansions
14:16 fridolin but i check on bugs major and more
14:16 kidclamp #info security releases last month and upcoming
14:16 fridolin and i've pushed patches about translation
14:16 fridolin nice work btw
14:16 kidclamp #info frido was away but now catchign up and pushing
14:17 fridolin I'm cool
14:17 fridolin cait ?
14:17 wahanui cait is probably the best friend you could ever have.
14:17 kidclamp cait said shemight catch end of metting
14:17 kidclamp so we can move on i thnk
14:17 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
14:17 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 September 2017)
14:18 kidclamp I will just add I was out end of July and most of August getting back into routine now
14:18 tcohen kidclamp: we missed you :-D
14:19 kidclamp thanks
14:19 oleonard kidclamp vacations like a European
14:19 tcohen marcel said he would be out for three weeks
14:19 tcohen so, next two
14:20 kidclamp anything Joubu tcohen khall atheia ashimema?
14:20 tcohen Joubu: when do you want to do the QA sprint?
14:20 Joubu for the next topic, yes
14:20 ashimema huh.. wa
14:21 ashimema oops
14:21 kidclamp bag jajm
14:21 Joubu tcohen: I am going to do the same as last one, send a poll and see your availabilities
14:21 tcohen alright
14:21 kidclamp #info Joubu will send a poll for next QA sprint
14:21 tcohen maybe next friday :-P
14:21 kidclamp #info remember to set yourself as qa contact when looking at a bug
14:21 kidclamp ^is for me :-)
14:22 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:22 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 September 2017)
14:22 Joubu Commit messages - I sent a reminder about commit messages. You should all read it
14:23 Joubu commit messages + bug titles: they cannot be the same, it's not possible
14:23 Joubu one is the problem, one is the fix
14:23 Joubu unless it's a new ft
14:23 Joubu anyway, read it.
14:23 Joubu Then I'd like to see if we could agree on a way to standardize the commit messages
14:23 Joubu "Bug 12345: my commit message"
14:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12345 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Can't Clear Reading History for Anonymous patron
14:23 kidclamp #link http://lists.koha-community.or[…]ugust/043991.html Commit messages and bug titles guidelines
14:24 fridolin +1
14:24 kidclamp +1
14:24 tcohen +1
14:24 oleonard +1
14:24 Joubu and "Bug 12345: (qa-follow-up) a QA note about what my fix does"
14:24 fridolin I personnaluy copi from Bugzilla whitch is : "Bug xxx - toto"
14:24 Joubu and "Bug 12345: (follow-up) same commit msg as before"  # i.e. can be squashed
14:24 mveron https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Commit_messages
14:24 JoshB joined #koha
14:24 Joubu the git log is aweful, and commit messages are often wrong
14:24 tcohen yeah, can we change BZ display?
14:24 Joubu you can blame me for that too ;)
14:25 fridolin everybody prefers ':' than '-'?
14:25 Joubu then you can write a git hook to replace it if you like
14:25 * oleonard doesn't care as long as we are consistent.
14:26 oleonard But I do like being able to copy from the Bugzilla heading
14:26 kidclamp so should this go into coding guidelines? so we have a standardized list of how to?
14:26 fridolin same has owen
14:26 * Joubu prefers ": ", there is one more char to describe the patch
14:26 talljoy joined #koha
14:27 Joubu you are not suppose to copy bugzilla headings :)
14:27 fridolin indeed ;)
14:27 Joubu pick the numbers from the url, and you are done
14:27 LibraryClaire left #koha
14:28 oleonard Even though pianohacker doesn't appear to be awake could we talk about the ES6 usage thread from the mailing list?
14:28 oleonard http://lists.koha-community.or[…]ugust/043910.html
14:29 kidclamp are we done on commit messages?
14:29 Joubu ok, so how do we process?
14:29 Joubu I send an email to koha-devel, either you do not agree and suggest a counter proposition, or it's validated and added to the guidelines?
14:29 Joubu I update the commit messages before push (do not resend to bz) for a month, then ask authors to follow guidelines (fqa)
14:30 Joubu ok, so how do we process?
14:30 Joubu I send an email to koha-devel, either you do not agree and suggest a counter proposition, or it's validated and added to the guidelines?
14:30 Joubu I update the commit messages before push (do not resend to bz) for a month, then ask authors to follow guidelines (fqa)
14:30 kidclamp joubu is in a loop
14:30 Joubu sorry, has been disconnected
14:30 Joubu did not know it was sent
14:31 tcohen hehe
14:31 kidclamp I think write up as guideline and then a vote to accept next meeting
14:31 mveron +1
14:32 Joubu k
14:32 Joubu something else? ES6?
14:32 kidclamp #info Joubu will draft a coding guideline for commit messages to be voted on next meeting
14:32 kidclamp #action Joubu will draft a coding guideline for commit messages to be voted on next meeting
14:32 kidclamp oleonard?
14:32 wahanui oleonard is still here, if you just wish hard enough. or Koha's master UI designer
14:33 oleonard #link http://lists.koha-community.or[…]ugust/043910.html
14:34 oleonard I think the discussion is boiling down to "When and how do we compile assets"
14:35 oleonard My thought is: Could we incorporate this build process into the release process, rather than the installation process?
14:36 tcohen it is the same discussion we could have about our less approach
14:36 oleonard Solving this issue will lay the groundwork for a lot of positive improvements to our front-end asset handling
14:36 oleonard (which is basically what tcohen just said)
14:36 tcohen I think we should have it as a release management process for now
14:36 tcohen to ease adoption
14:37 Joubu yes, just pick one and try
14:37 Joubu if it does not work, we test the other option
14:37 tcohen pick the one that hurts the less on the distribution/deployment side for the general public
14:37 oleonard Adding it to the release management process would slightly complicate the process for developers, but that's our job and we can handle it.
14:38 tcohen +1
14:38 Joubu so we just need a wiki page
14:39 kidclamp #action pianohacker should write a wiki page for compiling assets  in the release process
14:39 kidclamp that's what happens when you sleep in
14:39 tcohen hehe
14:40 oleonard No objections to that plan?
14:40 * kidclamp looks for dissenting views, sees none
14:40 Joubu silence means everybody agrees
14:40 ashimema +1
14:40 oleonard Thanks everyone :)
14:41 kidclamp #info release process is suggested as proper time to compile assets, put onus on developers
14:41 kidclamp @later tell pianohacker check the irc meeting minutes
14:41 huginn kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
14:41 kidclamp #topic Review of coding guidelines
14:41 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 September 2017)
14:41 kidclamp Anything here?
14:42 tcohen we should implement some workflow for UI development on kohadevbox, including watcher and some live-reload lib
14:42 tcohen sorry, OT
14:42 oleonard tcohen++
14:42 ashimema +1
14:43 tcohen oleonard: if you have any suggestions, file an issue on digibib/kohadevbox
14:43 caboose_ joined #koha
14:43 kidclamp no worries tcohen
14:43 tcohen ok?
14:44 kidclamp anyone have anything else before we move to next meeting
14:45 Joubu QAers, please QA
14:45 kidclamp #info QAers, please QA all the things
14:45 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
14:45 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 September 2017)
14:46 * oleonard thinks this pot of coffee could have used some QA
14:46 kidclamp prove t/bean_dependent/Brew.t
14:46 tcohen kidclamp: lol
14:47 kidclamp September 27th, 21 UTC?
14:47 tcohen +1
14:48 oleonard +1
14:48 mveron +1
14:49 kidclamp #info Next meeting: September 27th, 21 UTC
14:49 kidclamp last chance!
14:49 kidclamp #endmeeting
14:49 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is | kanban is[…]rm-1711/wiki/home
14:49 huginn Meeting ended Wed Sep 13 14:49:49 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:49 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-09-13-14.03.html
14:49 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-09-13-14.03.txt
14:49 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]13-14.03.log.html
14:49 kidclamp thanks all
14:49 kidclamp Joubu++
14:50 kidclamp tcohen++
14:50 Joubu thanks kidclamp
14:50 kidclamp mveron++
14:50 kidclamp fridolin++
14:50 kidclamp oleonard++
14:50 oleonard kidclamp++
14:50 kidclamp I think I caught everyone
14:50 kidclamp koha++
14:50 mveron Thanks, kidclamp :-)
14:50 fridolin thanks a lot kidclamp
14:51 fridolin see u tomorow everybody
14:51 fridolin left #koha
14:51 jbeno joined #koha
14:51 tcohen kidclamp++
14:51 * mveron has to catch the tram
14:51 mveron Good daytime everybody
14:54 * oleonard wonders how many miles he would have to go to catch a tram, any tram
14:56 TGoat joined #koha
15:00 khall joined #koha
15:01 reiveune bye
15:01 reiveune left #koha
15:08 khall joined #koha
15:09 * LeeJ waves
15:09 * LeeJ reviews meeting
15:23 oleonard @later tell pianohacker Now getting an error when I 'yarn build': 'Error: Cannot find module 'vinyl-source-stream'
15:23 huginn oleonard: The operation succeeded.
15:24 khall joined #koha
15:24 alex_a joined #koha
15:29 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "[15:22:27] t/db_dependent/Item" (23 lines) at
15:53 pastebot Someone at pasted "1 #!/usr/bin/perl 2 3 use Mode" (20 lines) at
15:53 Joubu tcohen: ^
15:54 Joubu in devbox: 37, 0, 37 # correct
15:54 Joubu in docker: same
15:54 * tcohen loves determinism
16:00 dani left #koha
16:01 Joubu tcohen: it does not rollback when it is not explicit (?!)
16:02 tcohen It is awesome when fixing things is so straightforward LOL
16:03 khall1 joined #koha
16:03 Joubu not really actually, I do not understand what is happening
16:19 jenkins Project Koha_Master build #260: STILL UNSTABLE in 3 hr 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]/Koha_Master/260/
16:25 rocio joined #koha
16:25 khall joined #koha
16:27 LeeJ oleonard: around?
16:27 oleonard yes
16:28 LeeJ oleonard: I've had this bug for a while just didn't get around to it..what are your thoughts on this? https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17153
16:28 huginn Bug 17153: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, ldjamison, Failed QA , Logging in during a search navigates to account page instead of back to search results
16:28 LeeJ oleonard: when you get a chance that is..I figured since you seem to be the go-to person for a lot of UX
16:29 oleonard I'm not sure what you're asking
16:30 oleonard It's failed QA... Waiting for khall to revise, I guess?
16:31 LeeJ oleonard: well was wondering what your thoughts on redirection are...usually sites would redirect a user to the last page they were on..which is not how the OPAC handles it right now
16:31 khall I'll try to look it it, but if anyone else wants to, by all means please do ; )
16:31 LeeJ khall: I had been looking it over again fresh after all these months, but I'm not sure what the "correct" approach would be :)
16:32 khall sounds philosophical ; )
16:32 LeeJ Comment 13 really explains the intended functionality well
16:33 LeeJ I'm hoping to get this working in time so that it can be paired with 2093
16:35 oleonard I don't even know why it's marked FQA. Perhaps only because khall didn't change the status? Should LeeJ's last attachment not have been obsoleted?
16:35 khall that seems likely
16:35 * LeeJ shrugs
16:36 LeeJ gonna give it a go now to see how it works out
16:45 khall1 joined #koha
17:00 edveal joined #koha
17:04 kholt joined #koha
17:13 LeeJ tcohen: have you tried doing a reset_all recently for any reason? now I can't run's returning unable to execute koha-plack...
17:14 tcohen LeeJ: will destroy my box and retry
17:14 tcohen nothing changed on that place I think
17:15 tcohen will tell you once its done
17:17 LeeJ tcohen: odd..I'm wondering if it's a SMB side effect then...because I can spin up the box perfectly fine. But after I spin up a box and tried to do an OPAC search I get no I usually reset_all which then populates the sample data..
17:19 tcohen LeeJ: so Koha works for you
17:19 tcohen have you enabled elasticsearch by chance?
17:30 tcohen LeeJ: works for me
17:45 tcohen git down?
17:51 khall joined #koha
17:53 kholt joined #koha
17:55 LeeJ tcohen: thanks for checking! no clue what's wrong..
17:55 tcohen teh koha-plack error is weird
17:55 tcohen no search results means plack is actually running
17:55 tcohen have you used sudo?
17:55 tcohen ah, it was reset_all, nm
18:01 LeeJ I even tried sudo reset_all just to be a completionist O:-)
18:18 Joubu @later tell tcohen found...
18:18 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
18:20 Joubu @later tell tcohen KOHA_NO_TABLE_LOCKS is not set, because $ENV{_} ne 'prove', but 'koha-shell'
18:20 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
18:30 misilot joined #koha
18:41 deb-CSPL joined #koha
18:44 Joubu let's send all the vulnerabilities to the public list!
19:08 cait joined #koha
19:28 khall1 joined #koha
19:36 LeeJ Joubu: have any idea what would cause (in kohadevbox running reset_all) to return saying unable to execute koha-plack or koha-rebuild-zebra no such file or directory?
19:39 Joubu LeeJ: how do you run it?
19:39 cait maybe we should send a reminder to the list about how to report security problems
19:40 LeeJ Joubu: from vagrant I typed reset_all and this is what I got...
19:41 pastebot "LeeJ" at pasted "reset_all log" (181 lines) at
19:43 Joubu cait: hum... "If you want to report a problem, use our bug tracker"? :)
19:44 Joubu LeeJ: ls -l /usr/sbin/koha-plack ?
19:45 Joubu ls /home/vagrant/kohaclone/debian/scripts/koha-plack
19:48 pastebot "LeeJ" at pasted "ls debian scripts" (35 lines) at
19:49 LeeJ it's so confusing..the only thing I could think of is my sync_repo configuration causing it but it shouldn't matter..I'm able to write to it..
19:49 LeeJ I guess I'm going to play around with my sync config
19:51 Joubu LeeJ: and /usr/sbin?
19:51 Joubu ls -l /usr/sbin/koha-*
19:52 pastebot "LeeJ" at pasted "/usr/sbin/koha-* contents" (33 lines) at
19:53 khall joined #koha
19:56 Joubu LeeJ: PERL5LIB=/home/vagrant/kohaclo​ne:/home/vagrant/qa-test-tools perl /home/vagrant/misc4dev/
19:56 cait Joubu: and absolutely not on the main mailing list?
19:57 LeeJ Joubu: hmm...mine only shows /home/vagrant/kohaclone:/h​ome/vagrant/qa-test-tools
20:00 Joubu no, just execute `perl /home/vagrant/misc4dev/`
20:01 LeeJ ahh..I'll give it a go then!
20:12 LeeJ Joubu: nope..I get no such file or directory on
20:14 Joubu LeeJ: hard to help you, but it should be trivial, look at ~/misc4dev/
20:15 Joubu it calls `sudo koha-plack --restart $kohadev`;
20:15 Joubu so try `sudo koha-plack --restart kohadev` as the vagrant user should be exactly the same
20:15 LeeJ Joubu: that's what I'm doing now..thanks for the input! I'm thinking it has something to do with the repo sync
20:16 JesseM Does "sudo koha-plack --restart kohadev" need to be done from koha-shell
20:17 bag JesseM: nope
20:17 khall LeeJ: I can't imagine that would be related to the repo sync
20:17 khall those commands are installed from the package
20:17 LeeJ huh...JesseM it wouldn't matter anyway because now it appears koha-shell is broken too :)
20:17 khall and then we gitify that, but still use the package versions of the commands iirc
20:18 khall LeeJ: you might want to just 'vagrant destroy jesse' and then vagrant up again. start fresh
20:18 khall since you have an external repo, nothing of value should be lost if you haven't customized the envronment any
20:19 LeeJ khall: that's what I tried..the only thing non-standard from the git repo is changing type: "virtualbox" to type: "smb"
20:19 khall hmmm, that is most curious
20:19 LeeJ right?!
20:20 LeeJ it makes zero sense why the sync would affect anything
20:20 khall LeeJ: you *could* test that theory by destroying the devbox, disabling repo_sync, and re-upping it
20:20 khall just to see if it works without the repo sync
20:20 LeeJ khall: that's actually what I'm doing right now...
20:21 khall heh
20:22 * LeeJ sometimes wishes his campus would just move to *nix already
20:22 bag I wish khall would just allow me to use a harry potter wand ;)
20:23 khall lol
20:23 LeeJ bag: I have a feeling you own one of the bluetooth wand TV remotes
20:24 * bag hasn’t heard of it - has to google
20:25 LeeJ bag:[…]rol/dp/B002SJKWZ4
20:25 LeeJ it was on Dragon's Den..the UK's version of Shark Tank
20:25 bag ha!
20:26 JesseM Ha. Thats awesome
20:26 bag I’d prefer to just yell at the TV - sudo put on the mets game…
20:34 bag I guess me yelling at a tv - scared everyone away :P
20:35 * LeeJ wants to create a wand that with a flick of the wrist up and spin up a devbox and with a flick of the wrist down can destroy it
20:51 LeeJ ok..non-synced devbox up and to try reset
20:53 LeeJ Joubu: non-synced devbox worked perfectly.
20:56 khall1 joined #koha
21:04 caboose joined #koha
21:22 JoshB left #koha
21:31 cait joined #koha
21:31 wizzyrea does anybody know what version that fellow on the list is using?
21:34 Kafilini joined #koha
21:43 wizzyrea nvm I see.
21:57 wizzyrea 344033c32490df3e396ed530dcbf250086483371 just sayin
21:58 wizzyrea 17.05
22:05 Kafilini joined #koha
22:07 CLiu joined #koha
22:08 LeeJ have a good night #koha
22:18 CLiu Hello, everyone
22:22 Infra_3600 hi
22:22 wahanui hello, Infra_3600
22:35 CLiu Is there any way to check history of chatting on this channel?
22:35 wizzyrea irc log?
22:35 CLiu yep
22:35 wizzyrea irc log is
22:37 CLiu it ask me to login to piwik?
22:38 wizzyrea sorry, leave off the s on https.
22:38 wizzyrea forget irc log
22:38 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot irc log
22:38 wizzyrea irc log is
22:38 wizzyrea irc log?
22:38 wahanui irc log is
22:39 edveal joined #koha
22:45 CLiu I see it! Thank you!
22:49 Francesca joined #koha
22:58 oleonard joined #koha
22:59 oleonard @seen pianohacker
22:59 huginn oleonard: pianohacker was last seen in #koha 1 day, 4 hours, 19 minutes, and 16 seconds ago: <pianohacker> Katie_CPL: while somebody might jump in and prove me wrong, that may be a better mailing list question; don't know if we have anyone knowledgable about the labels system online right now
23:34 jcamins Does anyone have anything they particularly enjoyed doing around Marseille when they visited during the hackfest?
23:34 jcamins (we're going to be there for a day sometime not next week but the week after)
23:34 dilan joined #koha
23:37 dilan joined #koha
23:43 oleonard jcamins: Eating and drinking with Koha people.
23:44 oleonard I recommend this: http://www.marseille-tourisme.[…]re/the-calanques/
23:44 oleonard You don't have to travel far out of the city to find a good place to hike.
23:44 oleonard ...but perhaps transportation would be an issue.
23:44 * oleonard had paul_p to do the driving
23:47 jcamins oleonard: yeah, I was thinking that e-mailing Koha people in Marseille might be a good idea. :)
23:47 papa joined #koha
23:49 oleonard gaetan arranged some really nice restaurant outings the last time I was there. I can see if I can find some names if you're interested.
23:50 oleonard gaetan++

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary