IRC log for #koha, 2017-07-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 dilan joined #koha
00:05 dilan joined #koha
00:41 JoshB joined #koha
01:05 Francesca joined #koha
01:20 wizzyrea joined #koha
01:20 wizzyrea joined #koha
01:38 Francesca joined #koha
02:11 JoshB joined #koha
02:29 wizzyrea joined #koha
02:35 Geffy joined #koha
02:58 geffy joined #koha
03:35 Francesca joined #koha
04:08 barton @seen dcook
04:08 huginn barton: dcook was last seen in #koha 7 weeks, 4 days, 16 hours, 11 minutes, and 57 seconds ago: <dcook> see you all :)
04:14 cait joined #koha
05:16 cait joined #koha
05:55 paul_p joined #koha
05:59 oha joined #koha
06:04 Francesca joined #koha
06:13 oha o/
06:24 Francesca joined #koha
06:30 dilan joined #koha
06:35 laurence joined #koha
06:42 laurence1 joined #koha
06:51 reiveune joined #koha
06:51 reiveune hello
06:53 dilan joined #koha
06:58 BobB joined #koha
06:59 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:00 alex_a joined #koha
07:00 alex_a bonjour
07:00 wahanui que tal, alex_a
07:01 dilan joined #koha
07:05 sophie_m joined #koha
07:06 dilan joined #koha
07:09 eythian @later tell irma from 6 years ago :)
07:09 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
07:10 fridolin joined #koha
07:10 fridolin hie tehre
07:24 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:24 gaetan_B hello
07:26 baptiste joined #koha
07:29 greenjimll joined #koha
08:36 cait joined #koha
08:41 * cait waves
08:42 cait someone using OAI-PMH with Plack?
08:45 eythian hi cait
08:47 cait hi eythian :)
08:55 Francesca joined #koha
09:46 atheia joined #koha
09:49 Francesca joined #koha
10:07 Francesca joined #koha
11:04 khall joined #koha
11:29 meliss joined #koha
11:33 alex_a joined #koha
11:36 marcelr joined #koha
11:36 marcelr hi #koha
11:36 alex_a_ joined #koha
11:40 caboose joined #koha
11:42 laurence1 left #koha
11:53 eythian hi marcelr
11:54 kellym joined #koha
12:00 jzairo joined #koha
12:02 marcelr hi eythian
12:04 cait hi marcelr
12:05 marcelr hello cait
12:07 LeeJ joined #koha
12:07 * LeeJ waves
12:08 cait hi LeeJ!
12:08 LeeJ hello cait!
12:08 marcelr hi LeeJ
12:08 LeeJ hi marcelr!
12:10 francharb joined #koha
12:22 khall joined #koha
12:25 oleonard joined #koha
12:26 oleonard Hi all
12:26 oleonard Everyone get lots done yesterday without the Americans around?
12:27 marcelr hmm
12:28 alex_a joined #koha
12:29 * LeeJ waves to oleonard
12:30 LeeJ oleonard: haha how was your 4th?
12:30 oleonard Pleasantly uneventful
12:30 LeeJ oleonard: same!
12:30 NateC joined #koha
12:31 cait hi oleonard
12:31 wahanui hi olé onard
12:34 LeeJ cait: so I found the bug related to SpecifyReturnDate in the TODO..I added it to that line in the list
12:34 cait LeeJ: um sorry, not following
12:35 LeeJ cait: manual didn't specify under SpecifyReturnDate what happens with fines on item return when backdating
12:36 cait ah!
12:36 LeeJ cait: just an FYI
12:36 cait recalculated, right?
12:36 LeeJ mhm..appears so
12:36 cait i remembered that from the initial bug, but always good to make sure
12:38 nengard joined #koha
12:44 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:44 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:50 Joubu hi #koha
12:50 LeeJ cait: is the kohadocs preview not displaying correctly for you either? I'm not getting the formatted output displaying
12:52 LeeJ cait: specifically for the administration section? The others appear to be fine..
12:53 * LeeJ thinks he might have broke it
12:53 LeeJ Joubu: welcome back!
12:53 wahanui I hate jetlag.
12:54 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
12:54 marcelr hi Joubu welcome again
12:55 oleonard Hi Joubu
13:03 tcohen joined #koha
13:07 talljoy joined #koha
13:08 LeeJ cait: nvm...think I found the problem :)
13:10 tcohen morning
13:16 JoshB joined #koha
13:17 alex_a joined #koha
13:38 LeeJ cait: merge request pending when you get time :)
13:46 kmlussier joined #koha
13:59 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
13:59 huginn tcohen: Error: No such location could be found.
14:00 cait LeeJ: might be tomorrow - that ok?
14:01 cait but maybe rangi beats me to it
14:01 LeeJ cait: certainly!
14:01 cait and thx!
14:01 cait continuous documentation work - awesome :)
14:01 LeeJ cait: I goofed up the headings format which broke the layout..whoops! all fixed now :)
14:02 cait oops
14:02 cait did you figure out how to test locally? or how did you notice?
14:02 LeeJ cait: I used this tool
14:03 Bovinity joined #koha
14:03 LeeJ I literally copied the contents of the administration rst file into it on the left and then the output on the right indicates syntax problems :)
14:03 LeeJ it had large boxes saying "incorrect heading"
14:04 Bovinity Why is it that so many things in Koha can be done through a URL but adding items - the one thing that'd be really useful - is where they draw the line? ><
14:05 LeeJ Bovinity: that's a very good question
14:05 cait maybe because it's more complicated than other things
14:05 cait you can open the add item form by url
14:06 cait but you want to have the values too? you could add an enh request maybe... or take a look at the rest api work
14:07 Bovinity I want to say that management either disabled or forbade use of any API functions, but not sure on that.
14:07 Bovinity Should look into that.
14:07 cait it's rather new, probably not a permisson thing
14:08 cait i am actually not sure we have an endpoint for items yet, the rest api is still being developed in large parts
14:08 cait but if Koha can't do what you want now, that might be what we can do to make it work in the future
14:11 Bovinity It's a fairly minor thing overall, mostly just me being lazy about adding periodicals. Just funny that you could pretty much delete an entire catalog via URL with a script, but even just populating the add window with certain default values is an issue.
14:14 jac joined #koha
14:15 kmlussier joined #koha
14:15 Bovinity Speaking of URLs, it seems that even if you remove permissions from a user to edit reports, they can just change the phase to Edit SQL in the url when otherwise accessing the report and it'll let them edit it anyway.
14:16 kholt joined #koha
14:20 alex_a_ joined #koha
14:31 LeeJ Bovinity: that certainly sounds like a bug to me...
14:32 LeeJ Bovinity: can you file a bug report? I'll take a look at it
14:39 Bovinity Looks like I never made an account on bugzilla, oops.
14:39 Bovinity Will have to get on that. :D
14:57 Bovinity LeeJ: Meh, will have to wait, manager wants to have someone in IT report it. Outside of my scope and all that. :D
14:57 Bovinity Seems to work the same for allowing someone to create a report without the appropriate permissions, too.
14:57 LeeJ Bovinity: yay for oversight!
14:57 TGoat joined #koha
14:58 Bovinity Huzzah indeed.
14:59 LeeJ Bovinity: yeesh...that is certainly a security issue. khall have you ever run into this before?
14:59 khall1 joined #koha
15:03 alex_a joined #koha
15:06 kmlussier joined #koha
15:10 fridolin left #koha
15:10 rocio joined #koha
15:15 rocio joined #koha
15:23 kmlussier joined #koha
15:25 cait Bovinity: we welcome everyone to report bugs - especially librarians (just saying)
15:25 cait it's not science and doesn't need to be technical at all
15:25 cait just a quick descriptions with steps to reproduce and your koha version is more than enough
15:26 jbeno joined #koha
15:27 cait :)
15:29 cait just trying to encourage... hope it comes across this way
15:32 cait bye all :)
15:32 cait left #koha
15:40 Bovinity cait: Oh, the act of posting isn't an issue, it's just management here is really big on who does what and people overstepping their roles and such.
15:40 Bovinity Oh, they left. Oops.
15:40 Bovinity I had to clear it with my boss to just chat in here. :D
15:48 LeeJ_lunch Bovinity: ouch..well glad you're here at least ^_^
16:06 LeeJ can someone clarify something for me? ES tests should skip/bailout if ES isn't installed instead of outright failing..correct?
16:14 reiveune bye
16:14 reiveune left #koha
16:16 khall joined #koha
16:25 Joubu LeeJ: yes, skipped
16:26 LeeJ Joubu: thank you! That's what I thought. I asked because without ES setup in devbox Koha_Elasticsearch_Indexer.t fails because Catmandu::Importer::MARC isn't installed.
16:37 Stompro joined #koha
17:09 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 17554: (followup) Shibboleth check should use ->find too <[…]8fbcc025f0de23960> / Bug 17554: Koha::Patrons - Remove GetBorrowersWithEmail <[…]e79813c2019419caa> / Bug 17738: [QA Follow-up] Remove second find of same patron <
17:15 francharb joined #koha
17:29 kmlussier joined #koha
17:45 francharb joined #koha
18:06 NateC_ joined #koha
18:07 NateC_ left #koha
18:07 NateC_ joined #koha
18:11 NateC joined #koha
18:12 nengard joined #koha
18:35 Bovinity joined #koha
18:35 Bovinity Yay, management gave me the ok to submit that bug report.
18:43 tcohen joined #koha
18:47 LeeJ Bovinity: yay!
19:07 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #209: SUCCESS in 1 hr 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/209/
19:07 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18214: Cannot edit list permissions of a private list
19:07 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18214: Add check for shared or public list
19:07 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18228: Table revision of virtualshelves
19:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18214 normal, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , Cannot edit list permissions of a private list
19:07 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18228: DBIx schema changes for
19:07 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18228: Implement the new columns in code
19:07 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18228: Adjust Virtualshelves.t
19:07 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18228: Add missing comma in kohastructure.sql
19:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18228 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , Make list permissions easier to use/understand
19:07 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18228: QA Followup - use gender neutral language in new tests
19:07 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18782: Remove unused C4::Serials::getsupplierbyserialid
19:07 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 17843: Replace C4::Koha::getitemtypeinfo with Koha::ItemTypes
19:08 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 17843: Remove C4::Koha::getitemtypeinfo
19:08 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 17843: [QA Follow-up] Some polishing
19:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18782 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Remove unused C4::Serials::getsupplierbyserialid
19:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17843 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Move C4::Koha::getitemtypeinfo to Koha::ItemTypes
19:08 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 17738: Replace GetReservesFromBorrowernumber with
19:08 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 17738: Remove C4::Reserves::GetReservesFromBorrowernumber
19:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17738 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Move GetReservesFromBorrowernumber to Koha::Patron->holds
19:08 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 17738: Remove warning about redeclaration of $patron
19:08 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 17738: [QA Follow-up] Remove second find of same patron
19:08 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 17554: Koha::Patrons - Remove GetBorrowersWithEmail
19:08 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 17554: (followup) Shibboleth check should use ->find too
19:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17554 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Move GetBorrowersWithEmail to Koha::Patron
20:51 thd joined #koha
20:56 MichaelKuhn joined #koha
20:56 MichaelKuhn #info Michael Kuhn, Switzerland
20:57 thd MichaelKuhn: You may be a few minutes early.
20:58 kidclamp I thought I was late for a second
20:58 * kidclamp waves at Joubu
20:58 kidclamp welcome back!
20:58 wahanui I hate jetlag.
20:59 * thd has been suffering from clock drift.
20:59 MichaelKuhn I usually miss the time but for once I'm too early ;-)
20:59 MichaelKuhn 11 PM over here
21:00 Joubu hi kidclamp! :)
21:00 Joubu hi everybody
21:00 wahanui Hi, Doctor Nick!
21:01 kidclamp #startmeeting General IRC meeting 5 July 2017
21:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Jul  5 21:01:04 2017 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
21:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 July 2017)
21:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_5_july_2017'
21:01 kidclamp #topic Introductions
21:01 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 July 2017)
21:01 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
21:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
21:01 Manny joined #koha
21:01 kidclamp I need to leave in about 40 minutes, so be quikc or someone can take chair at that time :-D
21:02 MichaelKuhn #info Michael Kuhn, Switzerland
21:02 Manny #info Manny Tamayao, Philippines
21:04 kidclamp any NZers?
21:05 kidclamp seems to be a light meeting, not a lot on agenda, do we want to continue?
21:05 thd Is anyone here awake enough to conduct a meeting?
21:06 kidclamp Let's start and just go quick :-) since I see kohacon folks and they can report :-)
21:07 kidclamp #topic Announcements
21:07 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 July 2017)
21:07 Manny Yes:)
21:07 kidclamp anyone?
21:07 wahanui Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
21:07 thd kidclamp: You forgot
21:07 Joubu Nothing from me, just back from holidays. I am processing my emails
21:07 thd kidclamp: startmeeting
21:07 kidclamp I got it at 17:01
21:08 thd I see :)
21:08 kidclamp I will just mention I have seen cait and LeeJ talking manual and wiki updates so things seem to be going well there
21:08 kidclamp cait++
21:08 kidclamp LeeJ++
21:08 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
21:09 kidclamp everyoneelseinvolvedbutIambadatremembering++
21:09 * LeeJ just noticed there was a meeting
21:10 kidclamp #topic Update on releases
21:10 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 July 2017)
21:10 kidclamp 16.11.09 and 17.05.01 were both released, upcoming on track afaik
21:11 kidclamp Joubu: anything to mention?
21:11 Joubu nope
21:11 kidclamp #topic KohaCon
21:11 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 July 2017)
21:11 kidclamp Manny, the floor is yours :-)
21:11 Manny We wiuld like to thank you guys
21:12 rangi #info Chris Cormack (sorta here)
21:12 Manny We have at least 180+ participants for the KohaCon and hackfest
21:12 LeeJ #info Lee Jamison, Marywood University
21:13 kidclamp #info KohaCon 2017 had 180+ participants!
21:13 Manny Most of the presentations are now in internet archive
21:13 kidclamp link?
21:13 wahanui link is both helpful/unhelpful
21:14 kidclamp link[…]ry=kohacon%202017 KohaCon presentations
21:14 kidclamp #link[…]ry=kohacon%202017 KohaCon presentations
21:14 MichaelKuhn I[…]+Other+Activities
21:14 MichaelKuhn sorry
21:14 MichaelKuhn[…]+Other+Activities
21:15 Manny
21:15 kidclamp #link[…]+Other+Activities KohaCon2017
21:15 kidclamp #link KohaCon on
21:15 kidclamp that ought to satisfy the masses :-)
21:15 kidclamp Manny++
21:16 kidclamp anything to highlight Manny?
21:16 schnydszch joined #koha
21:16 Manny Though at tge hackfest most of tge sandboxes failes
21:16 kidclamp #info sandboxes were failing during hackfest - maintainers please take a look
21:17 schnydszch #info Eugene Espinoza Philippines
21:17 Manny schnydszch: do you want to add
21:17 schnydszch wait just woke up ;)
21:17 thd :)
21:18 schnydszch 191 was the exact number for the main conference and haekfest
21:19 thd Did the same number of people stay for both?
21:19 schnydszch Thd: nope
21:19 Manny Nope
21:19 schnydszch there were attendees for hackfest that did not attend the main conference
21:19 kidclamp #inf0 191 was exact total attendance for KohaCon2017 (conference and hackfest combined)
21:20 schnydszch and there were attendees for the main conference that did not attend the hackfest
21:20 Manny Another highlight was they become aware of the new features of Koha because most of them are using 2.2.9 version
21:21 schnydszch there were those who attended only the first day, some attended second to third only. thanks manny for that
21:21 kidclamp wowza! Paul had mentioned that I think, are lots of people planning to upgrade now?
21:21 cait joined #koha
21:21 Manny Hopefully
21:21 kidclamp #info many users were on older versions so the conference showed a lot of new features
21:21 schnydszch yes kidclamp, yes they're planning to upgrade as well as the national library
21:21 schnydszch[…]on2017_03_Gallana
21:22 schnydszch
21:22 rangi heh the national librarian told me that in 2010, hopefully this time :)
21:23 schnydszch those presentations was able to tackle 2.2.9 versions during the Q&As, Paul poulain's presentation was able to mentioned new features in newer versions hence the interest:[…]01_poulain_201707
21:23 Manny rangi: "their not in a hurry" :(
21:24 schnydszch @Rangi: we (together with Manny) hopefully can handle those who really want to go newer versions through OSLS and TA.
21:24 huginn schnydszch: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
21:25 schnydszch huginn was that there reason?
21:25 huginn schnydszch: I've exhausted my database of quotes
21:25 kidclamp the '@' symbol confuses the bot
21:25 kidclamp so it responds as well as it can :-)
21:26 rangi we shouldnt have made 2.2.9 so solid :)
21:26 Manny :)
21:27 * LeeJ blames rangi for such a solid product being made
21:27 schnydszch kidclamp, confusion with fb haha
21:28 kidclamp anything else guys?
21:28 Manny None
21:28 kidclamp Alright, moving on unless anyone has anythign to add?  last chance!
21:29 kidclamp thanks Manny and schnydszch>
21:29 kidclamp #topic Next meeting
21:29 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 July 2017)
21:30 Manny kidclamp: welcome, and thank you for the opportunity. You missed the fun here :)
21:30 kidclamp indeed! hopefully we'll meet at a future Kohacon
21:31 schnydszch joined #koha
21:31 schnydszch i basically thanked all the people here: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]rs-td5938518.html. So we've got pending uploads of some edited presentations to I also would like to create a blog post of the event ala-Chris Cormack, Manny can also probably help me. That's all! Again, from the bottom of our hearts, Maraming maraming salamat!
21:31 kidclamp August 2nd, 2017 - 14 UTC
21:31 kidclamp ?
21:31 kidclamp #info Thanks to KohaCon 2017 organizers http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]rs-td5938518.html
21:31 schnydszch sorry got cut off by my internet connection
21:31 LeeJ kidclamp: that seems reasonable
21:32 kidclamp going once
21:32 kidclamp going twice
21:32 schnydszch that's all kidclamp
21:32 kidclamp #info Next Meeting: 2017, August 02, 14 UTC
21:33 kidclamp #endmeeting
21:33 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is | kanban is[…]rm-1711/wiki/home
21:33 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jul  5 21:33:10 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
21:33 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-05-21.01.html
21:33 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-07-05-21.01.txt
21:33 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]05-21.01.log.html
21:33 kidclamp thanks everyone!  see you in the future!
21:33 schnydszch Thanks everyone, cheers and have a nice day!
21:34 LeeJ kidclamp_away++ for being a great chair
21:34 kidclamp_away you should see my impression of a table ;-)
21:34 LeeJ hahahaha
21:34 cait heh
21:35 * LeeJ waves to cait
21:35 LeeJ cait: rangi merged my changes :)
21:36 LeeJ anyways, I'm heading home :)
21:36 * LeeJ waves to everyone
21:36 LeeJ take care all
21:40 cait rangi++ LeeJ++
21:49 JoshB left #koha
21:55 Francesca joined #koha
21:55 Manny joined #koha
22:06 tcohen joined #koha
22:31 jbeno_away joined #koha
22:55 cait1 joined #koha
23:06 jbeno joined #koha
23:56 kathryn joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary