IRC log for #koha, 2017-06-28

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 mtompset because 10589 adds a level of granularity that 14385 lacks.
00:00 aleisha yes both
00:00 mtompset patroneverybranch is kind of what is being done in 14385.
00:00 aleisha i'm working on other things at the moment so they're yours to take
00:00 mtompset patronsinglebranch is the expansion.
00:01 mtompset Okay. I'll do that.
00:01 mtompset MArking as mine.
00:02 aleisha cool :)
01:04 caboose-afk joined #koha
01:06 juan_s joined #koha
01:18 kellym joined #koha
02:11 mtompset aleisha: *sigh* found typo and failure to define a couple variables. Copying logic from 10589 into this to solve the lack of borrowernumber. :) Because once this passes, I only need to add in the single branch override case for 10589. :)
02:11 mtompset I blame Joubu for introducing me to the -r option on prove. ;)
02:36 harold joined #koha
02:36 harold hi
02:36 wahanui bonjour, harold
02:36 harold Ibonjour
02:37 harold I have a question regarding koha checkouts, is it ok?
02:37 wizzyrea ask?
02:37 wahanui Don't ask to ask, just ask.
02:38 kholt joined #koha
02:38 kholt left #koha
02:38 harold i found a checkout history in our koha but there is not patron reflecting on the checkout, is it a possible bug?
02:39 harold or was the patron who checked-out the book deleted previously?
02:42 wizzyrea probably the patron who checked out the book has been deleted
02:43 wizzyrea the reason for this is when a borrower is deleted, we don't want to store their reading history anymore.
02:43 wizzyrea but we do want to keep track of the fact that there was a circulation.
02:45 harold thanks @wizzyrea
02:59 harold I thought at first that it was a bug but there is this such feature called Batch patron deletion/anonymization
02:59 harold thanks for all the help, till next time
03:00 harold have a great day ahead :)
03:00 harold left #koha
03:06 mtompset aleisha: If you could just do a quick test of 14385, that would be appreciated. I'm going to crash now. But I haven't tested it fully myself, which is why I didn't set it to needs sign off.
03:07 mtompset Have a great day (24 hour period), #koha wizzyrea aleisha
03:44 juan_s joined #koha
04:01 rocio joined #koha
04:15 juan_s joined #koha
04:22 rocio joined #koha
04:29 Kafilini joined #koha
04:47 rocio joined #koha
04:47 Kafilini_ joined #koha
04:50 eythian_ joined #koha
04:52 rocio joined #koha
04:53 rocio joined #koha
04:54 Kafilini joined #koha
05:28 rocio_ joined #koha
05:34 cait joined #koha
05:41 Kafilini joined #koha
06:08 laurence joined #koha
06:15 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:17 LibraryClaire morning #koha
06:30 Kafilini joined #koha
06:31 fridolin joined #koha
06:35 magnuse gute morgen BüchereiKlara
06:36 magnuse *n
06:39 fridolin joined #koha
06:40 fridolin hie there
06:41 juan_s joined #koha
06:44 magnuse bonjour fridolin
06:45 fridolin magnuse: bonjour
06:48 Kafilini joined #koha
06:57 reiveune joined #koha
06:58 reiveune hello
06:58 gaetan_B joined #koha
06:58 gaetan_B hello
07:00 liw joined #koha
07:02 alex_a joined #koha
07:03 alex_a bonjour
07:13 magnuse bonjour reiveune, gaetan_B, alex_a
07:13 reiveune salut magnuse :)
07:16 sophie_m joined #koha
07:17 LibraryClaire hey magnuse
07:17 LibraryClaire sorry, my irc doesn't notify me about Büchereiklara :D
07:18 cait_t joined #koha
07:19 cait joined #koha
07:19 alex_a bonjour magnuse
07:19 alex_a bonjour LibraryClaire
07:19 LibraryClaire hi alex_a
07:27 baptiste joined #koha
07:30 paul_p joined #koha
07:32 greenjimll joined #koha
07:48 fridolin joined #koha
08:05 cait joined #koha
08:22 tt joined #koha
08:45 Kafilini joined #koha
08:55 fridolin joined #koha
08:57 eythian hi
09:13 wilfrid joined #koha
09:27 fridolin joined #koha
09:33 fridolin left #koha
09:56 cait joined #koha
10:08 eythian @seen anitserk
10:08 huginn eythian: I have not seen anitserk.
10:08 eythian @seen antisirk
10:08 huginn eythian: I have not seen antisirk.
10:08 eythian @seen anitsirk
10:08 huginn eythian: anitsirk was last seen in #koha 4 years, 51 weeks, 3 days, 23 hours, 2 minutes, and 57 seconds ago: <anitsirk> hi eythian. you missed the action
10:15 cait joined #koha
11:08 marcelr joined #koha
11:08 marcelr hi #koha
11:08 cait hi marcelr
11:08 marcelr o/
11:09 eythian hi marcelr
11:09 marcelr \o
11:09 eythian marcelr: "Je hebt voor de schriftelijke eindtoets 80 % gescoord." :)
11:09 marcelr Niet slegt, eythian
11:26 irma
11:27 irma BobB
11:27 BobB thx irma
11:28 magnuse "One way of avoiding software related vendor lock-in is to use free & open source software." yay!
11:29 irma indeed hi magnuse ;-)
11:29 irma and Koha is even listed here
11:31 irma 1st public library in Australia hosted by CALYX
11:32 irma 2nd public library in Australia Live in 2 months
11:32 magnuse w00t!
11:32 irma Go Koha !!!
11:36 alex_a joined #koha
11:39 caboose joined #koha
11:39 magnuse go CALYX!
11:42 meliss joined #koha
11:43 kholt joined #koha
11:53 LeeJ joined #koha
11:53 * LeeJ waves
12:03 NateC joined #koha
12:08 * cait waves
12:08 cait Guten Tag Irma!
12:10 LeeJ @later tell tcohen after I got that error I actually vagrant ssh into it and I found something unusual..even though all the "koha-" commands are found in /usr/sbin the commands indicate not found so I think something getting tripped up in sudo
12:10 huginn LeeJ: The operation succeeded.
12:10 LeeJ Guten Tag cait :)
12:12 cait hi LeeJ
12:12 * LeeJ finds it ironic that even though he's of German descent that's the extent of his German :)
12:15 alex_a joined #koha
12:15 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:19 TT joined #koha
12:23 kmlussier joined #koha
12:25 oleonard joined #koha
12:29 nengard joined #koha
13:03 kellym joined #koha
13:05 oleonard Hi all
13:06 fridolin joined #koha
13:07 kellym left #koha
13:09 JoshB joined #koha
13:10 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:10 oleonard y
13:13 cait hi oleonard :)
13:14 fridolin joined #koha
13:14 fridolin wahanui: im in ?
13:14 wahanui fridolin: i haven't a clue
13:15 fridolin cait: hie RMaint
13:15 fridolin just to point I have integrated some major bug in 17.05.x
13:15 fridolin Bug 18806
13:15 wahanui Bug 18806 is an easy one
13:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18806 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Cannot revert a batch
13:15 fridolin its about transactions, beuuuug
13:15 cait fridolin: hi back RMaint
13:15 fridolin #rmaintarethebest
13:15 fridolin na
13:15 fridolin ;)
13:16 cait hehe
13:16 cait i caught up with you yesterday - hope I didn't miss something
13:16 cait i am still woried about the issues/old_issues bug
13:16 cait LibraryClaire is reporting some really weird behavior in our test installation :(
13:16 LibraryClaire o/
13:16 cait but i can't push it as it is now - too many conflicts/missing dependencies
13:17 cait fridolin: are you using 16.11 in production yet?
13:17 fridolin cait: yes we have a few clients
13:23 * LeeJ waves to fridolin and oleonard
13:25 oleonard LibraryClaire: Don't make the mistake of thinking there's weird behavior in your test installation when in fact you're watching an episode of The Magic School Bus. If I had a nickel for every time that happened to me...
13:25 LibraryClaire aww man...
13:25 LibraryClaire that would make so much more sense
13:28 fridolin hie LeeJ
13:41 talljoy joined #koha
13:59 oleonard How many minutes before the meeting do we start the fanfare music?
14:00 * LeeJ signals oleonard to play the music
14:00 jac joined #koha
14:00 oleonard #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 28 June 2017
14:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Jun 28 14:00:41 2017 UTC.  The chair is oleonard. Information about MeetBot at
14:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 June 2017)
14:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_28_june_2017'
14:00 oleonard #Topic Introductions
14:00 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
14:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 June 2017)
14:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, OH
14:01 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum Netherlands
14:01 * oleonard shakes a can of pennies to try to rouse more participants
14:02 marcelr let's make some important decisions
14:02 oleonard barton Joubu kivilahtio lari LeeJ
14:02 oleonard ?
14:03 LeeJ #info Lee Jamison, Marywood University, PA
14:03 barton #info Barton Chittenden, BWS
14:04 oleonard Given the agenda I don't think we have a quorum
14:06 oleonard Should we skip straight to setting a date for the next meeting?
14:06 LeeJ I don't have a problem with it
14:07 oleonard *sigh*
14:07 oleonard #topic Set time of next meeting
14:07 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 June 2017)
14:08 oleonard One week instead of two ahead since this was a bust?
14:08 LeeJ that sounds like a good idea
14:08 marcelr hmm summer time
14:09 marcelr i would stick to two weeks
14:09 barton oleonard: it's a short week next week in the US. That could be good or bad.
14:09 LeeJ oh yes barton has a point
14:09 mtompset joined #koha
14:09 oleonard Okay, 12 July, 21 UTC?
14:10 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
14:10 marcelr hi mtompset
14:10 LeeJ that's fair I think...that should let the NZ folks join
14:10 mtompset @seen tcohen
14:10 huginn mtompset: tcohen was last seen in #koha 17 hours, 38 minutes, and 26 seconds ago: <tcohen> @later tell LeeJ maybe there's something about the way you pass the SYNC_REPO variable... you could try the inline form: SYNC_REPO="C:\" vagrant up
14:10 oleonard #info Next meeting: 12 July, 21 UTC
14:10 oleonard #endmeeting
14:10 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is | kanban is[…]rm-1711/wiki/home
14:10 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jun 28 14:10:52 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:10 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-06-28-14.00.html
14:10 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-06-28-14.00.txt
14:10 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]28-14.00.log.html
14:10 oleonard Whee.
14:11 mtompset DOH!
14:11 marcelr good job oleonard :)
14:11 LeeJ fastest meeting I've ever attended in my life
14:11 barton LeeJ: we don't mess around ;-)
14:11 LeeJ barton: so I've come to notice :)
14:12 mtompset Greetings, marcelr LeeJ oleonard barton
14:12 oleonard Good chairing practice I guess.
14:12 * LeeJ waves to mtompset
14:16 jbeno joined #koha
14:22 * mtompset nods to LeeJ
14:22 mtompset Sorry, I'm tweaking issue 200 to make tcohen happier.
14:38 * mtompset sings, "Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale. A tale of a fateful git. .... A 3 hour clone. A 3 clone clone...."
14:41 barton joined #koha
14:42 oleonard[…]eep-till-git-push
14:43 mtompset nice T-shire, oleonard
14:48 oleonard t-shire:[…]irt/dp/B01546AHJ8
15:01 reiveune bye
15:01 reiveune left #koha
15:04 LeeJ NateC should check out that shire shirt :)
15:05 NateC Love it! I may need to buy that
15:09 kmlussier joined #koha
15:19 tcohen joined #koha
15:19 tcohen hi
15:19 wahanui privet, tcohen
15:22 mtompset *sigh* my tweak didn't work, tcohen. :(
15:22 mtompset I thought it would. Fails for xenial.
15:22 mtompset issue 200
15:24 tcohen hi mtompset
15:24 tcohen we can focus on making it work on stretch
15:24 tcohen and focus on xenial in a different issue
15:26 mtompset fixing for stretch shouldn't break xenial.
15:29 mtompset ooo... I think I have an idea.
15:29 tcohen xenial is broken on its own I think
15:30 mtompset no no... I grab the version... sudo apt-get install foo=VERSION
15:35 mtompset xenial had multiple ansibles in its apt-cache
15:35 mtompset default is the lowest one.
15:35 * LeeJ waves to tcohen
15:36 tcohen mtompset: how is that a problem?
15:36 mtompset My version check was written not expecting multiple versions
15:37 mtompset so the correct one is 2.1,  but the default to 2.0
15:37 mtompset so the condition failed.
15:37 mtompset so the older ansible was used, instead of the newer one.
15:38 mtompset by using the version, I not only do not add the repo, but I also get the right version.
15:38 mtompset Testing now.
15:39 mtompset More testing... *sigh* jessie broke.
15:46 mtompset found my mistake, I think... let's try again...
15:49 fridolin left #koha
15:53 mtompset xenial 2:1, stretch: 2.2, jessie: 2.3 from ppa -- YES!
15:56 mtompset tcohen: Haven't finished the test run, but I believe issue 200 is good to merge. Feel free to check it yourself. :)
16:01 kholt joined #koha
16:02 * LeeJ applauds mtompset
16:03 LibraryClaire left #koha
16:04 LeeJ mtompset: keep your fingers crossed..may have found the rascal causing my headaches
16:04 cait oleonard++
16:04 cait left #koha
16:06 * LeeJ waits patiently for koha-common to install
16:09 LeeJ ughh
16:13 * mtompset sings, "Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale. A tale of a fateful git. .... A 3 hour clone. A 3 hour clone...."
16:13 mtompset -- because I don't try to use SYNC_REPO!
16:13 * mtompset grins at LeeJ
16:14 LeeJ mtompset: I'm difficult. Deal with it :P
16:15 * mtompset feels like chanting, "I'm here. I'm difficult. Get used to it!" while waving a flag. :)
16:15 mtompset Took an early lunch, LeeJ?
16:18 LeeJ mtompset: I usually do..allows me to get more work done on a full stomach :P
16:20 * oleonard bbl
16:26 mtompset LeeJ: The rush of carbs from lunch always helps. :)
16:26 LeeJ mtompset: you know it :)
16:30 kholt left #koha
16:30 oleonard joined #koha
16:30 mtompset That was quick, oleonard. Welcome back. :)
16:32 oleonard We Windows users must be ready to restart at a moment's notice.
16:33 mtompset Somehow, I think, oleonard, that you aren't a pure windows user. :P
16:34 oleonard On the contrary, I'm a filthy, tainted Windows user
16:34 mtompset maybe some apple or *gasp* single boot debian box.
16:35 mtompset all Windows users are tainted ... but some are so tainted they only use M$ products natively.
16:35 mtompset Though, to be fair to MS, I do think it is improving.
16:36 oleonard Let me pause my Zune and check my Windows phone for texts before commenting...
16:36 mtompset It will have caught up when I can run Koha natively. :P
16:39 mtompset I was thinking of getting a windows phone so I could more easily run perl. ;)
16:43 mtompset oleonard: any bugs that you are aching to have signed off?
16:44 oleonard Thanks for asking mtompset, let me check
16:46 mtompset I figured I would, since I already sent my, "please, please, please, sign it off" list to koha-devel :)
16:49 oleonard Bug 15644 seems to have gone unnoticed so far
16:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15644 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , City dropdown default selection when modifying a patron matches only on city
17:00 LeeJ now the question to don't use SYNC_REPO on windows either, do you? :P
17:03 oleonard I do
17:03 laurence left #koha
17:04 LeeJ how did you get it to work?! tell me your secrets
17:06 LeeJ poor tcohen is getting sick of me because it doesn't work on any windows box I've tried it on
17:06 oleonard Unfortunately I don't know what the secret was. I seem to recall having to overcome some issues but it was long enough ago that I don't remember.
17:06 LeeJ noooo haha
17:07 * LeeJ grumbles..goes back to testing
17:08 oleonard LeeJ: You've installed Git for Windows and are running Git Bash as an Administrator?
17:08 LeeJ oleonard: yes
17:12 oleonard Are you putting 'export SYNC_REPO' in your .bashrc file?
17:14 francharb joined #koha
17:14 LeeJ I've tried that and also doing running SYNC_REPO vagrant up
17:14 oleonard LeeJ: Mine required syntax like this: export SYNC_REPO="c:\\Users\\oleonard\\kohaclone\\"
17:15 oleonard I remember now that the double-slashes tripped me up at first
17:15 mtompset Are you sure it wasn't quadruple slashes? I really hate globbing.
17:15 LeeJ hmm...I'll try it again because I don't believe it had the export word in..just the var
17:16 LeeJ we'll see momentarily :)
17:16 mtompset Resurrected bug 18633 from a patch does not apply.
17:16 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18633 normal, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Logs are full of CGI::param called in list context -
17:17 LeeJ mtompset always digging stuff up :P
17:17 mtompset Sadly, there's no credits for resurrections. :(
17:17 LeeJ mtompset++ for resurrecting
17:18 mtompset but given that the number is growing, it needs to be done.
17:19 LeeJ NateC: where can I get one of those patch submission shirts for my niece? :P
17:20 NateC It was a gift from katrin!
17:20 NateC She probably had it made on one of those custom tee shirt sites like cafepress
17:20 mtompset oooo.... I'm feeling masochistic in my resurrections today: bug 18537.
17:20 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18537 minor, P5 - low, ---, dubyk, Patch doesn't apply , Update Ukrainian installer sample files for 17.05
17:20 LeeJ NateC: thanks! I'll have to bug her later about it haha
17:21 NateC :)
17:32 * LeeJ is ashamed he hasn't done much dev work this week
17:34 mtompset tracing bugs is dev work.
17:34 mtompset even though, I think you are hunting a white whale. :P
17:39 LeeJ mtompset: well then...
17:39 * LeeJ feels like he's in Moby Dick
17:40 mtompset I'm almost half way, I figure with my 3 hour git. ;)
17:43 mtompset :(
17:43 mtompset We haven't been tagging our git. :(
17:44 mtompset oh whew! We have... scrolly screen!
17:54 LeeJ oleonard what versions are you using for your devbox? mine stll isn't coming up :(
17:54 oleonard versions?
17:55 mtompset What do you mean version? distribution?
17:56 mtompset you mean jessie, stretch, xenial?
17:56 oleonard If distribution, jessie.
17:57 LeeJ I'm testing with: vagrant 1.9.5, ansible
17:57 mtompset virtual box?
17:57 wahanui virtual box is probably free and at
17:57 LeeJ vb 5.1.22
17:58 mtompset sounds vaguely similar to my configuration. :)
17:58 * mtompset chants, "Bleeding edge. Bleeding edge." :)
17:59 oleonard Vagrant 1.9.2 (whoops, I'm behind), VirtualBox 5.1.22
17:59 oleonard Don't know about ansible.
17:59 LeeJ hmm..unless it's caused by newer vagrant versions?
17:59 * LeeJ grumbles
18:00 mtompset No.
18:00 mtompset I doubt that.
18:01 mtompset LeeJ: I'll work with you on your crazy quest after I finish this test round.
18:01 LeeJ >_>
18:01 oleonard LeeJ: You tried putting SYNC_REPO into .bashrc?
18:01 LeeJ oleonard: yes
18:02 oleonard Does 'echo $SYNC_REPO' give the correct output?
18:02 LeeJ manually created ~/.bashrc then restarted git bash and git bash automatically created ~/.bash_profile to access .bashrc
18:02 LeeJ oleonard: yes it does consistently
18:07 mtompset LeeJ: for you, I'm kicked my internet connection even hard. Starting up a directory to sync repo from.
18:07 LeeJ mtompset awh shucks
18:09 oleonard LeeJ: Are you getting any kind of error message, or doesn't it simply not work?
18:10 Katie_CPL joined #koha
18:10 LeeJ oleonard:
18:11 Katie_CPL Hi Ya'll, one of our cataloguers has been having an issue with the basic editor lately.
18:11 mtompset dumb question.
18:11 wahanui there are no dumb questions.
18:11 mtompset You aren't trying to do this over a SAMBA/NFS connected drive, are you, LeeJ?
18:11 LeeJ Katie_CPL what is the issue they are having?
18:12 LeeJ mtompset: no I'm's the Windows user local folder
18:12 Katie_CPL When a new record is created in Basic Editor, and he goes to save it, the screen goes to a blank record in Advanced Editor, and doesn't save the reocrd. Has anyone else encountered this issue?
18:12 oleonard LeeJ: And the problem only happens with SYNC_REPO?
18:12 mtompset Also, LeeJ, what vagrant plug ins do you have installed?
18:13 oleonard Katie_CPL: I've never seen that. What version of Koha?
18:13 mtompset Katie_CPL: That is disconcerting. Not sure.
18:13 Katie_CPL Koha version
18:14 Katie_CPL Yeah, he's been doing it for awhile, so I can't imagine it is user error.
18:15 oleonard Katie_CPL: Do you have something in intranetuserjs?
18:15 Katie_CPL oleonard: How could I check that?
18:15 oleonard Administration -> Global system preferences -> Search for 'intranetuserjs'
18:18 Katie_CPL oleonard: Yes, it popped up when I searched it. Says a bunch of values that I'm unfamiliar with.
18:19 oleonard Katie_CPL: Could you copy it all and paste it to  Not sure if it's possible it contains sensitive information?
18:20 pastebot "Katie_CPL" at pasted "intranetuserjs" (6 lines) at
18:20 oleonard Okay, yeah that's irrelevant to your problem.
18:20 Katie_CPL oleonard: Lol, darn.
18:21 oleonard Yeah sorry just trying to run down the list of possible unusual circumstances.
18:21 kholt joined #koha
18:21 oleonard Did you upgrade recently? Clearing the browser cache sometimes resolves problems caused by changes to Koha's JavaScript files
18:22 LeeJ Katie_CPL: what browser is he using?
18:22 oleonard Good question LeeJ
18:22 Katie_CPL I don't know of any recent upgrades, but I will check. He uses Firefox mostly.
18:23 LeeJ oleonard: it's an old habitual question from my Help Desk days :)
18:23 LeeJ Katie_CPL: something to check would also be if Firefox is out-of-date
18:24 Katie_CPL LeeJ: Ok, good to know. I'll try a coulpe of your suggestions and see if it resolves. Thanks for your help, guys!
18:24 LeeJ Katie_CPL: you're more than welcome! We're all here to help those in need :
18:24 LeeJ :)
18:25 francharb joined #koha
18:26 * LeeJ high fives oleonard
18:26 LeeJ oleonard: good work
18:27 oleonard I can tell Katie_CPL's cataloger isn't using IE because cataloging in IE is so slow they would have rage-quit long ago.
18:28 LeeJ oleonard: hahah I force our catalogers to use Firefox
18:32 * mtompset puts his fingers together and hums, "Chrommmmmme."
18:33 cait joined #koha
18:33 mtompset Greetings, cait
18:34 * LeeJ waves to cait
18:34 * cait waves back :)
18:34 mtompset cait: LeeJ has a question for you. ;)
18:35 cait ohoh
18:35 LeeJ cait: where did you get that patch submission shirt?! NateC informed me lol
18:35 LeeJ cait: I need to acquire one for my niece :P
18:36 mtompset Does our trust company for Koha run a swag shop? We should. :)
18:36 * LeeJ agrees with mtompset
18:37 mtompset Give discounts to those who have sign offs or patches in production. ;)
18:38 cait finally got the thunderstorm I was hoping for :D
18:39 cait LeeJ: I can sent you the files for making one
18:39 cait would that work?
18:39 LeeJ cait: sent them where? :O
18:40 cait i was thinking it might be cheaper if you got something printed yourself, cheaper than sending form germany :)
18:40 LeeJ cait: truth :) I can certainly do that..
18:40 LeeJ cait: my sister's a graphic designer :)
18:46 cait that's cool
18:46 cait those were done by someone at Catalyst
18:46 cait initially for tcohen - as a present at KohaCon
18:47 cait but I got a baby photo collection by now :)
18:47 * LeeJ thinks we really should start a Koha Community store
18:47 cait i think in ancient times there was something like that, but nto sure what happened
18:55 NateC I can talk to tgoat about that, proceeds going to Koha
18:56 LeeJ NateC: I think it would be a great promotional idea!
18:56 tcohen LeeJ, cait, NateC: sounds like an excellent idea
18:56 tcohen we could at least have an 'artwork' section somewhere for people to pick the designs and print themselves
18:57 cait :)
18:57 LeeJ tcohen that's brilliant
18:57 cait but what i am going to give as an exclusive gift then? :P
18:58 cait where should we put it?
19:00 cait hm i will first dig up the motives again and then ask again :)
19:00 cait bbiab
19:01 sophie_m joined #koha
19:45 oleonard Bye all
19:48 tcohen later #koha
19:51 georgewilliams joined #koha
19:53 kathryn joined #koha
19:55 jbeno joined #koha
20:00 georgewilliams joined #koha
20:40 tcohen joined #koha
21:12 nitz joined #koha
21:13 nitz Hi ppl. How are you? I need to send an e-mail to the users. I thought it could be possible using notices with EVENT code, but I couldn't find how EVENT code works. Is there other way? I want to do this throw KOHA.
21:14 LeeJ hello nitz welcome to #koha
21:14 cait hi nitz
21:14 cait there is no EVENT atm
21:14 cait where did you see that?
21:14 nitz Hello people.
21:14 cait as a notice code i mean
21:15 nitz googling, 3.4 manual
21:15 cait there is no feature to send an meail to all users at the moment
21:15 cait can you share a link?
21:15 cait i don't think that ever worked
21:15 nitz hehe
21:15 nitz yeap, a moment.
21:15 cait for some time there was a message transport type event, but I don't think it was ever implemented
21:16 nitz http://manual.koha-community.o[…]4/es/ch02s16.html
21:16 nitz spanish
21:16 LeeJ hmm...any thoughts cait?
21:17 cait LeeJ: hm?
21:17 rangi just one thing, 3.4 is from 2010 ... so that's a really really old manual
21:17 rangi that feature is not in current Koha
21:17 cait what you could do
21:17 cait use a report to extract the list of email addresses
21:17 cait and then use another program to sent out
21:18 cait i think there are tools for that, you will want to make sure that users can't see the emails of other users
21:18 nitz Is old, yes, but when you  google: koha codigo aviso, to learn about notices code is the first link.
21:18 LeeJ also...
21:18 LeeJ[…]in-patron-emailer
21:18 cait LeeJ++ :)
21:18 LeeJ ByWater Solutions released this plugin that may be useful to you
21:18 mtompset Nitz! That was the male lead character on that show... if only I could remember it...
21:18 cait didn't know about that
21:19 LeeJ cait: I follow all of BWS plugins :)
21:19 cait guess i should too :)
21:19 mtompset Undergrads! Thank you for helping me remember, nitz :)
21:19 cait plugins are a bit problematic for us, because you can't really nicely translate them right now
21:19 cait but I'd love to have a play with them
21:19 nitz Great, I will check both solutions. Thx a lot people.
21:20 caboose joined #koha
21:20 nitz Thanks to everyone.
21:21 LeeJ cait: it became habitual since my very first Koha dev work was creating plugins for my library with Kyle's help
21:21 cait that's cool! if i ever get time to explore... I now know who to ask :)
21:22 LeeJ cait:
21:22 bag hmm cait you could fork the plugin and do the translations?
21:22 cait yeah
21:22 cait but still only monolingual
21:22 bag yeah
21:22 LeeJ bag: I was thinking the same thing haha
21:23 cait it needs a proper mechanism so we could add language files or something like that
21:23 cait they don't have lots of text... maybe some kind of on the fly translatoin
21:23 cait or we only end up with lots of hard to maintain forked plugins
21:24 LeeJ I get the feeling Kyle would enjoy the challenge haha
21:37 Kafilini joined #koha
21:47 cait @later tell kidclamp can you comment on bug 17798 please?
21:47 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
21:50 cait it would be nice if someone could take a look at bug 17610
21:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17610 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , [16.11.x] Allow the number of plack workers and max connections to be set in koha-conf.xml
21:53 LeeJ cait: re-installing my devbox now..will add it to my queue once it's up
21:55 tcohen cait: khall needs to make the decision of using React, and just have language-specific strings.js files to pick strings from
21:55 cait it's to be tested with 16.11.x... that's the catch maybe
21:56 cait tcohen: don't care about implementation, but yeah, would be nice to have that really
21:56 cait forking and maintaining the changes sounds like no fun for translations
22:14 kholt joined #koha
22:35 JoshB left #koha
22:55 cait1 joined #koha
22:57 kellym joined #koha
22:57 kellym left #koha
23:01 kholt joined #koha
23:06 Kafilini_ joined #koha
23:08 georgewilliams left #koha
23:36 * LeeJ waves
23:36 LeeJ take care all
23:39 wizzyrea later
23:56 irma joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary