IRC log for #koha, 2017-06-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 alexbuckley joined #koha
00:07 kathryn joined #koha
00:34 caboose-afk joined #koha
00:49 caboose-afk joined #koha
01:18 paul_p joined #koha
01:51 NateC joined #koha
02:09 paul-kohacon-ha joined #koha
02:09 alvet joined #koha
02:09 gaetan_B joined #koha
02:10 Manny joined #koha
02:10 gaetan_B magandang umaga
02:10 paul-kohacon-ha hi rangi from the hackfest !!!
02:10 schnydszch joined #koha
02:10 rangi hi, hows it going?
02:10 schnydszch Magandang umaga po sa lahat!
02:11 paul-kohacon-ha showing the IRC usage to attendees
02:11 pmkae_sv joined #koha
02:11 harold joined #koha
02:12 macon joined #koha
02:12 * wizzyrea waves from New Zealand
02:12 May joined #koha
02:12 May hi
02:12 Tina joined #koha
02:13 LegendOfZelda joined #koha
02:13 schnydszch welcome to koha irc from the philippines!
02:13 Cj_ joined #koha
02:13 celine joined #koha
02:14 april_g joined #koha
02:14 aihlien joined #koha
02:14 aihlien hi
02:14 wahanui hey, aihlien
02:15 * harold slaps CJSHayward around a bit with a large fishbot
02:15 schnydszch we're showing local participants kohacon how to use irc
02:15 LegendOfZelda i'm in, hi to all
02:16 Manny joined #koha
02:16 Jess joined #koha
02:17 Jess Hello!
02:17 wizzyrea oh, no fishslapping :(
02:17 chie joined #koha
02:17 wizzyrea hi everybody :)
02:17 chie good day!
02:18 itzkeyt joined #koha
02:18 Manny joined #koha
02:19 Cj_ Hello!
02:19 j0ann3tcu joined #koha
02:20 j0ann3tcu hi! mabuhay!
02:20 alvet_ joined #koha
02:20 haleems joined #koha
02:20 wizzyrea hello all
02:21 edmer joined #koha
02:21 pmkae_sv Hi from Kae :)
02:21 haleems Hi everyone
02:21 Lexlibro joined #koha
02:21 may joined #koha
02:21 M_MaRiAn_M joined #koha
02:21 jleano joined #koha
02:21 edmer good  morning mabuhay
02:22 Lexlibro Hello from the Philippines
02:22 shella joined #koha
02:22 j0ann3tcu hi ma'am jess!<3
02:23 Chrys joined #koha
02:24 Chad joined #koha
02:26 april_g left #koha
02:26 Guest3017 hello - chad
02:32 jessleano joined #koha
02:32 jessleano hello mam joanne
02:32 j0ann3tcu hello there1
02:33 jessleano kohacon2017
02:41 gaetan_B rangi: is bkriegel the only person who can add a new language to ? i just realized we don't have tagalog
02:42 rangi we have had tagalog in the past
02:43 rangi but yep you need bgkriegel to add it
02:53 NateC joined #koha
03:01 gaetan_B ok i just emailed him, i hope it's not too big a task to ask for at the very last minute
03:03 Francesca joined #koha
03:05 kathryn joined #koha
03:06 fabulous_Faith joined #koha
03:07 fabulous_Faith great day!!
03:08 Tina joined #koha
03:11 mtompset_testing joined #koha
03:11 mtompset wizzyrea: I think that is a good suggestion, but you are right it would require extra coordination.
03:12 mtompset (the announcing once the packages are built, as compared to when the tarballs are ready)
03:14 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
03:53 aleisha joined #koha
04:33 Geffy joined #koha
05:01 gaetan_B joined #koha
05:23 Kafilini joined #koha
05:24 Francesca joined #koha
05:30 cait joined #koha
05:32 fabulous_Faith we're having Koha hands-on in the Philippines!
05:39 paul-kohacon joined #koha
05:39 paul-kohacon bag, or anyone from bywater around ?
05:40 paul-kohacon im trying to train philippinian ppl to use sandboxes to test patches, and byw sandboxes seems down ...
05:41 cdickinson joined #koha
05:42 JoshB joined #koha
05:51 ashimema joined #koha
05:57 harold joined #koha
06:12 * magnuse waves to #koha in general and the Philipines in particular!
06:23 Francesca joined #koha
06:27 fridolin joined #koha
06:29 fridolin hie there
06:33 fridolin joined #koha
06:36 paul-kohacon fridolin: mon sauveur peut etre...
06:36 fridolin wat ?
06:36 wahanui wat are we looking for?
06:36 paul-kohacon fridolin: je suis en train de montrer les sandboxes, et celles de bywater ne marchent pas. peux tu allumer toutes les notres la tout de suite ?
06:37 paul-kohacon fridolin: (20 personnes qui lisent cet ecran seront infinimment reconnaissantes !!! )
06:38 fridolin paul-kohacon: yes my dear boss, no problem
06:38 paul-kohacon hard to play with sandboxes that doesn t work...
06:38 fridolin juste do not use HTTPS, http
06:38 fridolin yep
06:38 drojf joined #koha
06:38 * fridolin loved sandbox when child :)
06:39 drojf hi #koha
06:39 * drojf prefers a pool with water
06:39 fridolin yep
06:40 drojf ~30° today, please send the pool now
06:40 drojf how is the hackfest going?
06:40 drojf paul-kohacon: are you the only dev there?
06:41 paul-kohacon drojf: quite wrong for the sandbox group: a lot of problems, ptfs and byw ones seems to not work> network problem maybe but not sure.
06:42 drojf oh. that's unfortunate :(
06:42 paul-kohacon everyone happy to learn but not able to practise for now
06:42 drojf i think the ptfs ones needed a kick in marseille too
06:42 paul-kohacon drojf: i must admit I feel a little bit alone as a developer...
06:43 paul-kohacon mengu, from turkey helping also. but he s not a developer.
06:43 drojf paul-kohacon: how many people for you to teach?
06:43 paul-kohacon ok, the keyboard to mengu nowm for another topic !!!
06:44 AndrewIsh joined #koha
06:46 schnydszch joined #koha
06:48 laurence joined #koha
06:49 schnydszch Hi! I'll be waiting for the other sandboxes -eugene here from the Philippines :)
06:50 mveron joined #koha
06:50 mveron Good morning / daytime #koha
06:50 reiveune joined #koha
06:50 reiveune hello
06:51 * mveron waves to KohaCon17
06:52 mveron Hmm, link to KohaCon17 page seems to be broken on:
06:52 mveron
06:52 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:52 mveron Result: Error establishing a database connection
06:55 NateC joined #koha
06:56 alex_a joined #koha
06:57 alex_a bonjour
07:04 schnydszch Hi! Fixed it already with regards to
07:06 fridolin1 joined #koha
07:16 paul-kohacon fridolin1: when do you think sandboxes will be up ?
07:16 shella joined #koha
07:17 fridolin1 when internet is back in breteuil
07:17 fridolin1 :D
07:18 cait joined #koha
07:18 cait morning #koha
07:18 cait fridolin1 around?
07:18 fridolin1 paul-kohacon: ah our test server is nearly full
07:18 fridolin1 i can build 10 sandboxes, not more
07:18 fridolin1 cait: hie
07:19 paul-kohacon fridolin1: thats better than 4 !
07:19 fridolin1 i've not released yet
07:21 baptiste joined #koha
07:22 cait yep
07:22 cait you got a later waiting for fridolin
07:22 cait Joubu said we shoudl push the patch for handling the old_issues correctly
07:23 cait fridolin1 ^
07:24 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:25 fridolin1 cait: ah wich bug number ?
07:25 schnydszch_ joined #koha
07:26 cait hm rename to fridolin
07:26 cait maybe it sends the later then
07:26 cait Joubu @later tell fridolin hope you read your bz notifications ;)
07:26 cait hm i will look for it
07:28 magnuse gah, i upgraded my dev install (not gitified), and now i'm getting this error no matter what i try to get to, opac and intranet (i have replaced "Require all granted" to <Directory "/home/koha/kohaclone/koha-tmpl">) [authz_core:error] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /home/koha/kohaclone/
07:28 magnuse anyone got any hints?
07:29 cait which error?
07:29 cait ah
07:29 cait hm
07:29 fridolin1 cait: i dont see which bug from joubu
07:29 cait fridolin1: looking for it
07:29 cait he commented on bugzilla
07:30 cait bug 18651
07:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18651 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Move of checkouts is still not correctly handled
07:30 fridolin1 ah oki
07:30 fridolin1 just received the mail
07:33 cait let me know if/when you push it?
07:34 cait i brought the laptop, can finish mine then too
07:36 drojf fridolin1, cait: i like the way you coordinate
07:36 drojf (assuming you are talking about releases)
07:37 cait we do :)
07:37 fridolin1 yep
07:37 fridolin1 cait: i try now
07:37 cait fridolin1: diving into another problem, can you ping me when you are ready?
07:37 fridolin1 paul-kohacon: you must see with lds for the sandboxes
07:38 fridolin1 cait: yes
07:48 magnuse ah the solution to my problem was a missing <Directory "/">Require all granted</Directory>
07:50 Francesca joined #koha
07:54 fridolin1 magnuse: there is a wiki page no ?
07:54 fridolin1 https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]llation_Directory
07:55 fridolin1 somthing like that
07:55 fridolin1 Apache has turned paranoïd ;)
07:55 fridolin1 cait: patch pushed 17.05.x
07:55 fridolin1 loooks fine
07:55 fridolin1 ive described my tests
08:02 magnuse fridolin1: thanks!
08:03 magnuse the weird thing was that this was just an upgrade
08:03 fridolin1 paul-kohacon: mail from lds about sandboxes
08:03 magnuse i guess maybe i had to figure it out when i installed too...
08:05 magnuse jajm++
08:06 cait fridolin1: thx, will get on it in a little bit!
08:10 jleano joined #koha
08:11 * jleano slaps jleano around a bit with a large fishbot
08:17 marcelr joined #koha
08:17 marcelr hi #koha
08:28 Francesca joined #koha
08:30 atheia joined #koha
08:34 eythian hi
08:34 wahanui hey, eythian
09:05 cait help
09:06 cait bug 18651 doesn't work with 16.11
09:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18651 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Move of checkouts is still not correctly handled
09:06 cait i have fixed some issues in the Returns.t noticing the I still have OldIssues instead of Old:Issues
09:06 cait and now i have fails in and can't return items
09:07 cait i am not sure - just release without it? or woudl someone be willing to rework the patch set / help me find the missing dependencies?
09:10 drojf joined #koha
09:10 cait wb drojf
09:10 drojf heja
09:11 cait drojf: might take a bit with my release, struggling with bug 18651
09:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18651 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Move of checkouts is still not correctly handled
09:13 drojf cait: you suspect missing deps?
09:13 cait yeah
09:13 cait but not sure i want to go down that rabbit hole
09:14 cait not your kind of deps, bug deps :)
09:14 cait but the bugs i am missing probably have bugs linked to them again and so on
09:14 drojf ah ok. wanted to say, packagewise i think 17.05 and 16.11 are in sync
09:14 cait i am nto sure I can resolve that savely at this point in time
09:14 juan_s joined #koha
09:14 cait having a 16.11.x specific patch set would be better I think
09:15 drojf lots of patches. eeek
09:15 cait yeah
09:16 cait marcelr: you have worked on those patches too - what do you think?
09:18 cait I think i am missing 17796
09:18 cait but that alone has 3 follow-up bugs linked to it
09:20 cait I think i will release without and once this is sorted we can talk and see if an out of schedule release makes sense
09:23 drojf if it depends on a lot of refactoring that is not supposed to be backported, it should have its own patch set for the actual branch i guess
09:27 marcelr cait: not sure what you miss in 16.11 for those patches
09:34 eythian
09:36 kidclamp joined #koha
09:41 schnydszch joined #koha
09:56 M_MaRiAn_M joined #koha
09:56 M_MaRiAn_M Hi! I would like to ask how can I make the URL of our OPAC accessible even outside the perimeters of our office? Thanks!
10:05 drojf M_MaRiAn_M: you will need a public IP address, a domain name is also helpful
10:08 M_MaRiAn_M Ah so my IP should be public. I believe our IP in the office is not public. Our IT personnel installed Koha in our Office Server and he only gave me an IP address to begin with ( which I cannot acccess remotely.
10:09 eythian you're going to need to talk to the IT guy as it'll involve networking changes and such.
10:09 M_MaRiAn_M So once my IP is already public, how will the URL I've put in the OPACBaseURL work so that I can access it remotely?
10:10 M_MaRiAn_M Thanks so far for the help!
10:10 eythian the problem is, it's a tricky question that depends totally on how things are set up at your end.
10:10 eythian e.g. you'll need to have domain names, routing, webserver configuration, etc.
10:12 M_MaRiAn_M I see. I was actually advised to use teamwork software so I can remotely access my computer in the office. However, my computer has to be open all the time for that to work. I guess I have to make sure our IT guy makes the necessary network changes so I can access the staff client and OPAC remotely. Thanks for all the help!
10:13 eythian if it's just for you, that is an option. Or some kind of vpn or something.
10:13 eythian if it's to allow other people to access it, then that won't work.
10:14 M_MaRiAn_M ah sorry it's teamviewer, not teamwork. but yeah, I guess the goal is not just for me to access it but also for other library users who needs access to our collections and services. Thanks again!
10:15 eythian yeah, then you're best doing it properly :)
10:15 cait marcelr: too much for a quick fix, i will release without
10:16 marcelr too bad ;)
10:16 cait Koha::Object changes
10:17 marcelr might be the get_column
10:17 cait if we want this in, someone will have to provide patches for 16.11.x, I don't think I can resolve the bug dependencies at this point in time
10:17 cait have you seen my comment on the bug?
10:17 marcelr saw it passing by
10:17 marcelr Jonathan will respond most probably
10:19 cait it's to do with Koha::Checkouts missing and Koha:Old:Issues vs  Koha:OldIssues
10:19 cait he is on vacation now for 10 days ;)
10:20 cait fridolin1: I am ready to publish
10:23 marcelr do RMs have vacation ? :)
10:28 cait i think they probably need a lot of it :)
10:28 cait release done
10:28 marcelr cait++
10:29 sonOfRa joined #koha
10:33 khall joined #koha
10:52 drojf joined #koha
10:52 drojf joined #koha
10:52 drojf cait++
11:04 magnuse cait++
11:10 Francesca joined #koha
11:15 Francesca joined #koha
11:51 caboose joined #koha
11:52 kellym joined #koha
11:55 alex_a joined #koha
11:59 meliss joined #koha
12:00 Francesca joined #koha
12:01 deichman joined #koha
12:02 khall joined #koha
12:04 deichman Hello! In upgrade to current Koha 2017.11.09 we have lost the ability to add an extra week to holds for pick-up, when manually checking in an item from holds shelf (to extend the hold period). Is there a way to do this currently?
12:05 cait hi deichman
12:06 cait there is no version with this number - can you check your about page for the correct one?
12:06 deichman Sorry, my bad. 17.05
12:06 cait ok
12:07 cait i am nto sure which feature you are referring to
12:07 cait can you describe your steps a bit more?
12:07 Francesca joined #koha
12:07 cait i don't think you can manually set the pick-up date
12:07 cait only setting I am aware of is a global value in the systempreferencs
12:12 deichman we used to take one item from the pick up shelf - scan the barcode in Return and got this dialog with three buttons 1. Confirm 2. Confirm and print sli and 3 Ignore. When we clicked Confirm the same patron got 1 more week to pick up the item. When we clicked Ignore we got this new box saying "Cancel hold" and then the item was transfered to the next patron
12:13 cait hm
12:13 cait i am not sure if this was a documeted feature
12:13 deichman We get the same dialog, but the Confirm-button doesn't give any extension
12:13 cait a button with 'renew pick-up period' might be better
12:14 cait I was not aware of this use case, I think it might be a side effect froma bug fix
12:14 cait coudl you please describe the former behaviour, the versions it changed between etc. ina bug report on bugzilla?
12:14 cait bugs?
12:14 wahanui it has been said that bugs is found at Please fix any bugs you find. :) or reporting them is helpful, too.
12:14 deichman yes, we thouht so, but loved it
12:14 cait I can understand
12:14 cait just think when e bring it back, maybe less hidden:)
12:15 cait or not sure, maybe it's simple to fix
12:15 deichman thank you, we will do :)
12:19 nengard joined #koha
12:20 cait-test joined #koha
12:26 khall joined #koha
12:28 NateC joined #koha
12:42 rsantellan joined #koha
12:42 rsantellan good morning #koha
12:46 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:48 cait hi rsantellan
12:51 rsantellan one little question, I submit a patch on Bug 14572 and change the state to Needs Signoff. It change the state and said to send email. But I'm on the list and no email arrive to me, is that correct?
12:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14572 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtj, Needs Signoff , insert_single_holiday() forces a value on an AUTO_INCREMENT column, during an INSERT
12:54 cait hm i think you don't get your own changes maybe
12:54 cait i togt it
12:54 cait I got the email I mean
12:54 cait maybe check your preference settings in bugzilla if there is something about the email featuere
12:54 marcelr rsantellan: if you change, you get no mail
12:55 rsantellan marcelr: thanks, I supposed that but didn't know and thought I did something wrong
12:56 marcelr it seems you didn't :)
12:56 cait I definitely saw your emails on the bug list
12:56 cait the patch and the status change
12:56 rsantellan okay! I did it right :)
12:57 marcelr rsantellan++
12:57 drojf joined #koha
12:57 drojf lots of weather here
13:00 oleonard joined #koha
13:01 oleonard Hi all
13:01 marcelr hi oleonard
13:01 wahanui hi olé onard
13:02 kmlussier joined #koha
13:08 fridolin joined #koha
13:12 cait has someone tested book clubs on 17.05?
13:12 cait i get a #not found' in one of the demos running it
13:13 cait hi oleonard :)
13:17 LeeJ joined #koha
13:28 oleonard Did Koha change the way it handles MARC imports in 16.11.x? Previously Koha wouldn't import a batch which contained an error like a missing barcode. Now it appears to reject only the problematic record.
13:28 tcohen joined #koha
13:29 cait hm barcode can be empty usually - we do that a lot
13:29 tcohen morning
13:30 cait hi tcohen
13:30 magnuse i have a library that does not use authorities, but they are interested in starting to use them. I have found the sysprefs for adding new authorities when records are added. but is there a way to "fill" the authorities from an existing catalog?
13:31 magnuse i tried running with the settings set to add authorities from records, but that did not seem to work
13:31 cait magnuse: hm not in the official version, but i think people have done scripts maybe, i remember this came up on the mailing list a few times
13:31 magnuse ah, i'll try to google and then send the question to the mailinglist
13:32 tcohen joined #koha
13:32 fridolin left #koha
13:36 tcohen @wunder cordoba argentina
13:36 huginn tcohen: Error: No such location could be found.
13:36 * oleonard blames Trump
13:36 cait @excuse
13:36 huginn cait: My excuse for today is "severe packet reflux"
13:46 LeeJ joined #koha
13:46 kholt joined #koha
13:47 LeeJ magnuse: if you still need help with what to do for authorities my library had to go through that process
13:52 LeeJ magnuse: to generate authorities for existing records...SysPrefs - set "CatalogModuleRelink" to Do, "LinkerKeepStale" to Do not, "LinkerModule" to whichever option is the best fit for the library, and "LinkerRelink" to Do
13:53 LeeJ magnuse: then once the SysPrefs are set just run the cronjob :)
13:56 juan_s joined #koha
13:57 juan_s joined #koha
13:57 juan_s joined #koha
14:03 LibraryClaire left #koha
14:12 jac joined #koha
14:29 talljoy joined #koha
14:39 eythian[…]index.php?lang=en yow
14:43 eythian there sure is a lot of flashing coming from behind the Rijksmuseum
14:51 oleonard Mutants.
14:54 JoshB joined #koha
14:57 rocio joined #koha
15:06 TGoat joined #koha
15:11 reiveune bye
15:11 reiveune left #koha
15:13 LeeJ joined #koha
15:18 francharb joined #koha
15:18 oleonard Is it possible to put the current branch into a hold slip? it would be nice to be able to format the slip differently based on whether it was a hold+transfer
15:19 cait left #koha
15:23 khall1 joined #koha
15:34 tcohen joined #koha
15:44 LeeJ is t/db_dependent/Members.t failing for anyone else on master?
15:56 LeeJ khall1: is the scope of Bug 18821 check out/check exclusively? Or should it apply to patron login to the OPAC as well?
15:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18821 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , GetPatronLastActivity is a performance killer
15:58 khall1 LeeJ: works on both staff and opac
16:02 laurence left #koha
16:12 LeeJ khall1: okay..asking because I applied it and tried it from the OPAC and it was still updating for each page click. I'll try it again thanks!
16:12 khall1 np! let me know if it's still not working!
16:22 LeeJ khall1: unless I'm doing something wrong, it's still not working on the reset_all, enable the syspref, run a SELECT on lastseen column (returns null), apply patch, run restart_all, login to OPAC and navigate some pages..last seen updates for each page still it appears
16:22 khall joined #koha
16:23 LeeJ khall: unless I'm doing something wrong, it's still not working on the reset_all, enable the syspref, run a SELECT on lastseen column (returns null), apply patch, run restart_all, login to OPAC and navigate some pages..last seen updates for each page still it appears
16:25 mtompset_testing joined #koha
16:26 mtompset Greetings, #koha
16:26 mtompset @seen tcohen
16:26 huginn mtompset: tcohen was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 50 minutes, and 12 seconds ago: <tcohen> @wunder cordoba argentina
16:27 khall LeeJ: I'll have to take a look. The unit tests were passing : \ Can you just set the status to failed qa for me?
16:27 LeeJ khall: will do!
16:29 khall1 joined #koha
16:29 khall1 thanks LeeJ!
16:29 LeeJ khall1: just noticed that it's an Academy bug anyway
16:31 khall2 joined #koha
16:35 tcohen1 joined #koha
16:37 jzairo joined #koha
16:48 mtompset Bad, LeeJ touching Academy tagged bugs again. ;)
16:49 mtompset tcohen1: Why the 1 today?
16:49 LeeJ mtompset: No no..not touched other than adding a clarification comment :)
16:50 mtompset Ah, okay. We don't need to rile the great and mighty Joubu. ;)
16:51 mtompset khall2: is IRC acting up today?
16:51 khall2 mtj: nope it's me. very unreliable internet access atm
16:51 mtompset Sorry to hear that.
16:51 mtompset How familiar are you with koha-create, khall2?
16:52 mtompset Because it seems like all the koha-create and koha-common bugs on bugzilla are things I'm hitting today. :(
16:52 khall2 sorry to hear that : \
16:53 mtompset Have you tried installing from packages on stretch yet, khall2?
16:53 khall2 can't say I have
16:53 mtompset pretty smooth if you have a local DB.
16:54 mtompset painful right now, if you don't.
16:54 mtompset the switch to maria means that debian.cnf doesn't exist.
16:54 mtompset which means the koha-common.cnf is a dead link.
16:55 mtompset which means the koha-create logic to determine host breaks.
16:55 mtompset install mysql-server and the problem goes away, because debian.cnf gets created. :)
16:56 mtompset I shouldn't have to install mysql-server locally to get my remote mariadb to work. :P
16:57 mtompset I'm so up for a refactor of koha-create as a result... want to rip it apart and start again.
17:02 mtompset @seen gmcharlt
17:02 huginn mtompset: gmcharlt was last seen in #koha 1 week, 6 days, 3 hours, 40 minutes, and 24 seconds ago: * gmcharlt waves back at cait
17:06 edveal joined #koha
17:18 liw joined #koha
17:29 mtompset Reduces the NEW queue by 2. RESOLVED WON'T FIX and INVALID are useful, but not fulfilling.
17:33 bag yeah they aren’t are they
17:35 mtompset is anyone else having problems with git bz?
17:35 LeeJ joined #koha
17:35 mtompset doesn't exist?
17:36 LeeJ mtompset: I haven't had problems today..what action(s) were you doing?
17:36 mtompset git bz apply
17:36 mtompset Tells me that does not exist.
17:36 misilot joined #koha
17:38 LeeJ odd...
17:38 LeeJ I'll try one now to see
17:39 mtompset bug 14533 is my suggestion to try. :)
17:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14533 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , koha-create --use-db option shouldn't create any db or db user
17:39 LeeJ mtompset: nope! no problem here..apply works for me
17:40 LeeJ mtompset: huh...must be something with just that bug
17:40 LeeJ I got the same error message but only on that bug
17:42 cait joined #koha
17:43 * cait waves
17:44 * mtompset waves back to cait
17:44 mtompset LeeJ: Interesting... I was able to git bz apply 1985.
17:45 * LeeJ waves to cait
17:46 mtompset LeeJ: Found the problem...
17:46 mtompset It's a git am patch, not a git bz patch.
17:46 LeeJ mtompset: do tell..
17:46 LeeJ ooooh
17:46 cait :)
17:46 cait LeeJ: just saw your message - thx for offering
17:47 cait :)
17:47 cait i hope to get some ideas up tonight
17:47 LeeJ cait: okay! I'll be out of work in 3 hours so I could test it any time after that :)
17:47 LeeJ cait: I enjoy being a test subject because it helps me learn
17:47 cait :)
17:48 cait I have to the dishes and some housechores - then i will be on it
17:57 * LeeJ waves
17:57 LeeJ take care all
18:00 mtompset Whee....
18:00 mtompset Patch rescued.
18:01 juan_r joined #koha
18:12 mtompset Booo... I missed the comments above the patch... fixing the patch.
18:34 kholt joined #koha
18:58 magnuse later tell LeeJ thanks, i'll give it a try!
18:58 magnuse @later tell LeeJ thanks, i'll give it a try!
18:58 huginn magnuse: The operation succeeded.
19:13 cait joined #koha
19:32 kholt joined #koha
19:32 mtompset Yay! Rescued ancient koha-create patch.
19:32 mtompset bug 14533
19:32 wahanui bug 14533 is, like, your suggestion to try. :)
19:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14533 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , koha-create --use-db option shouldn't create any db or db user
19:36 magnuse mtompset++
19:51 kathryn joined #koha
20:31 cait starting a manual to do list, if someone wants to add to it:
20:31 cait
20:35 cait @later tell LeeJ work in progress :)
20:35 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
20:40 cait @seen jzairo
20:40 huginn cait: jzairo was last seen in #koha 2 days, 7 hours, 16 minutes, and 59 seconds ago: <jzairo> excellent thanks cait! I will have some time today
20:40 cait @later tell jzairo started a to do list for the manual:  AllowCheckoutNotes AuthorityMergeLimit AuthorityMergeMode CircSidebar CumulativeRestrictionPeriods ExcludeHolidaysFromMaxPickUpDelay ExportCircHistory ExportRemoveFields FailedLoginAttempts LoadSearchHistoryToTheFirstLoggedUser MarcItemFieldsToOrder NoticeBcc NumSavedReports OPACFineNoRenewalsBlockAutoRenew OPACHoldsIfAvailableAtPickup OPACHoldsIfAvailableAtPickupExceptions OpacNewsLibrarySele
20:40 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
20:40 cait eek
20:40 cait @later tell jzairo that was a wrong paste, meant
20:40 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
20:44 logbot joined #koha
20:44 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is | kanban is[…]rm-1711/wiki/home
21:08 cait so quiet tonight
21:08 cait anyone awake?
21:11 eythian I'm studying, if that counts
21:11 eythian by which I mean distracting myself and not really studying :/
21:12 cait procrastinating?
21:13 cait what are you studying for?
21:13 eythian I have a language test on Monday
21:13 cait ah
21:13 cait so study!
21:41 Kafilini joined #koha
21:45 gmcharlt joined #koha
21:45 juan_s joined #koha
22:07 * wizzyrea mutters, again, about QueryAutoTruncate
22:26 alexbuckley joined #koha
22:28 mtompset cait: It's evening here, but I'm here now. :)
22:29 mtompset wizzyrea: QueryAutoTruncate -- Quality Assured Turd? :)
22:31 Francesca joined #koha
22:47 cait mtompset: i think you had an error in your bug number
22:47 cait 18563 has he patch for the config file
22:48 mtompset yes.
22:48 * cait is frustrated because ubuntu lts has a too low python-sphinx version and i can't find a way to install a newer version:(
22:49 cait need 1.4 at least
22:50 mtompset Which ubuntu 16.04?
22:52 cait hm which?
22:52 wahanui rumour has it which is the most maintainable
22:52 cait oh yeah
22:52 cait 16.04
22:54 cait1 joined #koha
22:54 cait1 i saw the next lts was just released... didn't plan on updating yet
22:54 cait1 sorry, got disconnected
22:54 cait1 anyway, won't solve this otnight
22:55 ibeardslee cait: internally we use virtualenv to build some of our sphinx documentation eg ...[…]master/
22:55 mtompset The newer version is in 16.10 or higher.
22:56 ibeardslee you can define the version of python-sphinx in with that, bypasses the requirement to the ubuntu package versions
22:56 eythian cait: there won't be a new LTS until next year
22:56 cait1 oh oops, just saw 17.04 was out then
22:58 cait1 ibeardslee++ thx
22:58 cait1 too late here now, but will try to come back to this tomorrow
22:59 mtompset Also, did you try pip?
22:59 mtompset
22:59 cait1 yeah
22:59 cait1 gives me the old verson too
22:59 peter joined #koha
22:59 mtompset Sucky.
22:59 eythian Best to avoid using pip in a distro
23:00 mtompset pip is cpan of the python world?
23:00 eythian You risk causing multiple versions of things to be installed simultaneously
23:00 eythian Yeah
23:00 cait1 hm ok
23:00 cait1 now i am confused
23:00 cait1 Installing collected packages: sphinx
23:00 cait1 Successfully installed sphinx-1.6.2
23:00 cait1 sloth:~ $ sphinx-build -h
23:00 cait1 Sphinx v1.3.6
23:01 eythian Yeah, exactly that sort of thing
23:01 mtompset cait1: python search paths.
23:01 mtompset it's like when people CPAN a perl module, and even though the DEB's update, they keep the old one, because the search paths find the old one first.
23:01 cait1 i had unisntalled it previously using the packaging manager
23:01 cait1 so nto sure why it's still there
23:02 mtompset because things never really uninstall. :)
23:02 cait1 how... nice
23:02 cait1 is there something i can do to kill the zombie?
23:02 mtompset vagrant destroy; vagrant up? :)
23:03 cait1 we ar enot in vagrant here
23:03 cait1 hm guess i could install it in the kohadevbox
23:03 cait1 but then when i destroy wlil have to do it again?
23:03 cait1 or persuade tcohen to add it to kohadevbox :)
23:04 cait1 talking about the kohadocs repository
23:04 mtompset People are so busy my patches haven't made it in yet. :(
23:05 mtompset That seems like a reasonable issue.
23:05 mtompset I'd raise it on the kohadevbox issues page: kohadocs isn't set up for patching.
23:07 cait1 good night all!
23:09 cait joined #koha
23:10 cait uninstalled... restarted... now it says v1.6.2
23:13 cait if course i got another error now
23:13 cait thx again all!
23:16 Francesca joined #koha
23:26 wizzyrea A reserve against an item that isn't reservable according to the circ rules shouldn't be filled for a borrower who can't place a reserve on that item in the first place?
23:26 wizzyrea is that right?
23:26 wizzyrea so example, if you have 4 items, 2 restricted and 2 not
23:27 wizzyrea and you have a rule that says "restricted is allowed 0 holds"
23:27 wizzyrea should checking in a restricted item on a biblio level hold go to a borrower who doesn't have rights to get that?
23:28 wizzyrea (but it is also possible that the rules are messed up)
23:30 cait no it shouldn't
23:31 cait fill the hold I mean
23:32 wizzyrea hm.
23:32 wizzyrea so a concrete example
23:32 wizzyrea I have a rule for All categories, restricted item type
23:32 wizzyrea all reserving is disabled
23:33 wizzyrea there are no other rules for this item type applying
23:33 wizzyrea (that I have yet spotted)
23:33 wizzyrea patron in category A, which should be restricted
23:33 wizzyrea I return a book marked restricted item type, category A borrower pops up
23:34 wizzyrea I feel like I'm missing something.
23:35 wizzyrea this bib, has 4 items, 2 reservable that could fill holds for this user, and 2 that aren't
23:35 cait hm sorry, no idea right now
23:35 wizzyrea 3 are unavailable to fill holds, one restricted is available
23:35 wizzyrea yeah that's ok
23:35 wizzyrea kinda hoping that typing it all out exposes the problem
23:36 cait good night again :) (it works now...)
23:36 wizzyrea good night
23:36 wahanui I watch you sleep.
23:36 wizzyrea no I watch YOU sleep.
23:40 irma_mobile joined #koha
23:49 NateC joined #koha
23:52 BobB joined #koha
23:54 juan_s joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary