IRC log for #koha, 2017-06-07

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 papa joined #koha
00:46 dilan joined #koha
00:55 dilan joined #koha
00:59 dilan joined #koha
01:02 dilan joined #koha
01:05 dilan joined #koha
01:18 dilan joined #koha
01:35 irma joined #koha
02:11 Francesca joined #koha
03:11 kathryn joined #koha
03:23 Francesca joined #koha
03:24 Francesca joined #koha
04:20 Francesca joined #koha
05:11 cait joined #koha
06:11 fridolin joined #koha
06:11 fridolin hie there
06:15 laurence joined #koha
06:19 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:20 magnuse joined #koha
06:21 * magnuse waves
06:21 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:23 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:24 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:26 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:27 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:29 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:30 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:32 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:33 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:34 Francesca joined #koha
06:35 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:36 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:38 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:39 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:41 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:42 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:44 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:45 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:46 reiveune joined #koha
06:46 reiveune hello
06:47 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:48 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:50 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:51 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:53 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:54 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:56 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:57 alex_a joined #koha
06:57 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
06:59 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:00 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:02 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:03 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:05 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:06 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:07 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:08 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:09 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:10 magnuse bonjour reiveune
07:10 reiveune salut magnuse
07:11 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:12 Francesca joined #koha
07:12 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:13 cait joined #koha
07:13 magnuse kia ora cait
07:14 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:15 * magnuse hands the superglue to Bhootrk_
07:15 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:17 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:18 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:20 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:21 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:23 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:24 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:25 dilan joined #koha
07:26 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:27 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:29 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:30 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:32 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:33 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:35 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:35 baptiste joined #koha
07:36 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:38 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:38 juan_s joined #koha
07:38 juan_s joined #koha
07:39 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:41 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:42 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:44 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:45 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:47 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:48 Francesca joined #koha
07:48 fridolin joined #koha
07:48 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:50 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:51 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:53 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:54 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:56 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:57 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
07:59 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
08:00 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
08:02 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
08:03 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
08:05 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
08:06 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
08:08 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
08:09 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
08:11 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
08:13 alex_a joined #koha
08:25 atheia joined #koha
08:44 eythian hi
09:06 laurence joined #koha
09:11 Francesca joined #koha
09:16 juan_r joined #koha
09:40 kidclamp joined #koha
09:57 cait hm quiet day
10:05 kidclamp HI CAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
10:07 * kidclamp tries to make it noisier
10:07 eythian shh
10:08 * kidclamp *whispers* sorry eythian
10:08 laurence joined #koha
10:18 juan_s joined #koha
10:22 ashimema @later tell khall I have someone interested in signing off bug 16899 if you could rebase it pretty please?
10:22 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
10:24 khall joined #koha
10:29 laurence joined #koha
10:40 cait huginn still gone?
10:40 huginn cait: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
10:40 cait hm
10:40 cait wahanui:
10:40 wahanui cait: sorry...
10:40 cait ok
10:40 cait so  why no bug reports...
10:41 cait bug 16889
10:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16889 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Move the ::columns subroutines to Koha::Objects->columns
10:41 cait ah
10:41 cait bug 16899
10:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16899 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Failed QA , Add ability to disallow overpayments via SIP
10:45 eythian cait: huginn won't expand on bugs when you're already talking to it with @later
10:49 cait makes sense
10:49 cait clever
10:55 ashimema :)
11:02 magnuse meeting in 2 hours?
11:10 juan_s joined #koha
11:21 sonOfRa joined #koha
11:30 kellym joined #koha
11:37 oleonard joined #koha
11:40 oleonard Hi all
11:42 nengard joined #koha
11:47 benjamin joined #koha
11:47 dilan joined #koha
11:50 meliss joined #koha
11:50 dilan joined #koha
11:53 * magnuse waves to benjamin
11:53 * benjamin waves back at Magnus
11:56 magnuse it's not currently possible to hide some kinds of records from non-logged-in users in the opac, right? or did i miss something?
11:56 juan_s joined #koha
12:01 alex_a joined #koha
12:06 edveal joined #koha
12:20 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:20 gaetan_B hello
12:22 edveal Hi
12:22 wahanui privet, edveal
12:22 edveal hello
12:35 kmlussier joined #koha
12:41 rsantellan joined #koha
12:42 rsantellan good morning #koha
12:42 juan_s joined #koha
12:43 magnuse pro tip: do not leave the "sub {}" off subroutines, it will have surprising effects
12:45 oleonard Gmail is aggressively suggesting today that my own messages to the bugs list look like Spam.
12:46 rsantellan oleonard: that has been an issue for me for a while, lucky it stil apply the filters and I can see when a message arrive on spam
12:48 cc_ joined #koha
12:50 oleonard The test plan on Bug 7317 is quite intimidating
12:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7317 new feature, P5 - low, ---, alex.sassmannshausen, Needs Signoff , Add an Interlibrary Loan Module to Circulation and OPAC
12:53 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:54 josef_moravec_ joined #koha
12:54 fridolin left #koha
12:54 atheia hey oleonard:
12:55 atheia Agreed, I would say it's not really ready for testing yet anyway, as the tests & documentation don't exist yet.
12:55 Joubu hi #koha
12:55 atheia The first priority for us, from our perspective is to focus on stockrotation (11897).  After that I can finish ILL.
12:55 fridolin joined #koha
12:55 atheia (Bug 11897)
12:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11897 new feature, P5 - low, ---, alex.sassmannshausen, Needs Signoff , Stock Rotation for Koha
12:57 oleonard thumbs_up.gif
12:57 ashimema :)
12:58 * ashimema would like to mention that he's made it mandatory for us to submit a documentation patch along with the full and proper submission of ILL ;).. to set a good example.. as atheia says, right now it's a sort of preview patch.. it all works but you need to work it out yourself a bit right now ;)
12:59 felicia joined #koha
12:59 jzairo joined #koha
13:05 Joubu kidclamp: meeting time?
13:05 wahanui mmm meat
13:05 Joubu meating time?
13:05 BobB Good call joubu
13:06 JoshB joined #koha
13:06 BobB else I'll go to bed :)
13:06 atheia As a veggie I formally oppose meating, but am in favour of meeting time :-)
13:07 Joubu @seen kidclamp
13:07 huginn Joubu: kidclamp was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 59 minutes, and 27 seconds ago: * kidclamp *whispers* sorry eythian
13:07 kidclamp oh, yes, sorry
13:07 schnydszch joined #koha
13:07 kidclamp #startmeeting General IRC meeting 7 June 2017
13:07 huginn Meeting started Wed Jun  7 13:07:58 2017 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
13:07 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:07 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 June 2017)
13:07 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_7_june_2017'
13:08 kidclamp #topic Introductions
13:08 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
13:08 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 June 2017)
13:08 talljoy joined #koha
13:08 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
13:08 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-Europe
13:08 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
13:08 BobB #info Bob Birchall, Calyx, Australia
13:08 felicia # info Felicia Beaudry, Equinox Open Library Initiative
13:08 schnydszch #info Eugene Espinoza Philippines
13:08 NateC joined #koha
13:08 cc_ #info Colin Campbell, PTFS-Europe
13:08 LibraryClaire #info Claire Gravely, Germany
13:08 atheia #info Alex Sassmannshausen, PTFS Europe
13:08 tcohen joined #koha
13:09 tcohen morning
13:09 BobB talljoy?
13:09 wahanui I CRUNCH DATA or kicking butt at words with friends
13:09 kidclamp #topic Announcements
13:09 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 June 2017)
13:10 kidclamp Floor is open
13:10 talljoy #info Joy Nelson ByWater Solutions
13:10 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
13:10 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
13:10 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi. Theke Solutions
13:11 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
13:11 barton #info Barton Chittenden, BWS
13:11 NateC #info Nate Curulla ByWater
13:11 * kidclamp moved too quick :-)
13:11 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
13:11 * barton wonders how many other ways there are to say 'ByWater Solutions' ;-)
13:11 Joubu #linkhttps://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_7_June_2017
13:11 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_7_June_2017
13:12 Joubu ok, just a few things for me:
13:12 Joubu I have started to push small things
13:12 magnuse Joubu++
13:12 benjamin #info Benjamin Rokseth, Oslo Public Library
13:12 josef_moravec_ #info Josef Moravec, Municipal Library Usti nad Orlici
13:12 Joubu as usual, read the what's on in koha-devel email, lot of things in the last one
13:13 Joubu I suggested to move it to a collaborative approach
13:13 Joubu I am really happy with the feedback/answers I got from the poll
13:13 Joubu and the kanban
13:13 Joubu kanban is[…]rm-1711/wiki/home
13:13 Joubu let me know if you want to join us
13:14 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre
13:14 Joubu we are 45 so far
13:14 cait yay :)
13:14 tcohen Joubu: do you think we could add to kohadevbox already?
13:14 Joubu I really (*really*) would like to see more regulars involved in the "top priority" tasks
13:14 Joubu which is "welcome new contributor"
13:14 Joubu one subtask is to update the wiki pages, to get entry points
13:15 kidclamp #link[…]rm-1711/wiki/home 17.11 kanban board
13:15 Joubu to clearly list how people can help us
13:15 Joubu our wiki is a mess, some pages are ok but need a bit refresh
13:15 fridolin indeed
13:15 kidclamp #info regulars please help with the "welcome new contributor" task and update wiki to make it easier/more welcoming for newcomers
13:15 Joubu I think 1h of 5 people and we are done
13:16 Joubu tcohen: yes, soon, I plan to do it
13:16 Joubu tcohen: but do if you like :)
13:17 Joubu I am gonna send a kind of results of the poll to the list
13:17 tcohen Joubu++
13:17 Joubu to highlight how people are willing to help and what they are expecting for the next release
13:17 Joubu that's all for me
13:17 kidclamp #action Joubu will send his poll results out to the lists
13:18 kidclamp Joubu++
13:18 cait Joubu++
13:18 kidclamp Anyone else for announcements?
13:18 Joubu (ha, and jenkins tells master is not stable, but it's wrong :))
13:19 kidclamp okay moving ahead
13:19 atheia ehm… Bug 11897 is looking for testers — hoping to get it to QA fast in this release cycle.
13:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11897 new feature, P5 - low, ---, alex.sassmannshausen, Needs Signoff , Stock Rotation for Koha
13:19 tcohen jenkins--
13:19 thd joined #koha
13:19 ashimema naughty jenkins
13:19 kidclamp #info looking for testers for bug 11897
13:19 atheia If you are willing to test it, but need help, contact me!
13:20 kidclamp #info contact atheia if you have any questions
13:20 Joubu Another announcement, from drojf:  "17.05 packages ETA next monday due to release delay and local holidays."
13:20 kidclamp #info 17.05 packages ETA next monday due to release delay and local holidays.
13:20 * oleonard is having another go at it atheia
13:20 atheia oleonard++
13:20 kidclamp #topic Update on releases
13:20 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 June 2017)
13:21 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York, [still no dial tone or internet from home, waaah]
13:21 kidclamp fridolin?
13:21 wahanui rumour has it fridolin is busy at the moment, I asked him to backport the bug fix
13:21 kidclamp cait?
13:21 wahanui i heard cait was the best friend you could ever have.
13:22 cait I plan to stick to schedule
13:22 cait but following in fridolin's step now :)
13:22 kidclamp #info 16.11 on schedule but following patches from 17.05
13:22 cait I have caught up with master, so waiting for the first things he pushes now
13:22 cait well caught up to 17.05 release tag
13:22 kidclamp :-)
13:22 cait i still got 2 failing tests on jenkins that i don't know how to fix
13:23 kidclamp #info 2 tests failing on 16.11.x
13:23 cait i'd be very happy to see it 'blue' again
13:23 tcohen cait: those are jenkins problems
13:23 tcohen your branch is stable
13:23 kidclamp #info branch is stable, jenkins is having issues (poor jenkins)
13:23 tcohen yesterday we spent some time with Joubu trying to find the issue
13:23 tcohen and fix it
13:24 kidclamp mtj fridolin around?
13:24 Joubu 16.05.12 and 16.05.13 are buggy (cannot modify patron's passwd), see bug 18740
13:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18740 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , [16.05.12-16.05.13] Cannot modify patron password
13:24 cait cool thx!
13:24 BobB its 1am where mtj is, but he's committed to maintaining 16.05
13:24 kidclamp #info 16.05.12 & 16.05.13 are buggy (cannot modify patron's passwd), see bug 18740
13:25 kidclamp BobB++
13:25 kidclamp mtj++
13:25 kidclamp you have something for manual cait? for 17.05 or later?
13:26 caboose joined #koha
13:26 fridolin kidclamp: yes
13:26 kidclamp anything to add?
13:27 fridolin i prepare for RMaint
13:27 fridolin but git branch is not yet created : 17.05/x
13:27 fridolin .x
13:27 fridolin i'm not allowed to do it
13:27 fridolin :D
13:27 kidclamp #info frido needs a git branch for 17.05.x and is prepared to start
13:28 Joubu fridolin: will do
13:28 cait sorry here
13:28 fridolin cool
13:28 fridolin ill try to do some each day
13:28 cait fridolin++
13:29 cait manual?
13:29 wahanui hmmm... manual is at
13:29 Joubu fridolin: I cannot
13:29 BobB #action Joubu to prepare a 17.05 git branch for frido
13:29 cait the new manual for 17.05 has been generated and added to the website
13:29 juan_s joined #koha
13:29 cait there is an easy workflow for editing it with gitlab - no installation or downloads required, just web based
13:29 cait I have tested it with rangi and will write up a wiki page
13:29 tcohen cait: have you talked with bgkriegel about making a translation available?¡
13:30 oleonard cool!
13:30 cait we have a lot of documentation to catch up on as not much has happened since Nicole left
13:30 cait so i hope to get as many volunteeers to help out as possible
13:30 kidclamp #info cait and rangi working on a gitlab based update system for the manual
13:30 kidclamp #info wiki page to follow, should lower the bar
13:30 cait it would possibly be best to work from the old release notes - I will think about a way to create a list of chapters we miss
13:30 cait tcohen: i think not yet - but it's planned
13:31 cait but anyone who wants to contribute or help out, please get in contact :)
13:31 cait i think Joubu has a list from the form - maybe we can start with those and use taiga, but I really want to make it as easy as possible
13:31 * ashimema would love to see a coding guideline to require doc update with new feature submissions.
13:31 kidclamp #info contact them in interested in helping
13:31 cait so if a library contributes in word or something, we will look for someone to convert it
13:32 cait ashimema: i think we have that - but yep, i will try to hunt down people in this release cycle to do that :)
13:32 ashimema :)
13:32 cait and hope others will help to keep an eye on it
13:32 atheia cait++ & ashimema++
13:32 Joubu I can ask for a description before pushing enh/ft if we agree on that
13:32 cait maybe qa?
13:32 atheia (also aware I didn't write anything for housebound…! 8-/ )
13:32 * ashimema has been bad at QA then if there's a guideline for that.. oops :(
13:33 cait lt met quickly check the coding guidelines
13:33 barton jzairo's in a conference call, but said that she was interested in volunteering for documentation.
13:33 ashimema atheia.. I think you just vounteered to write the housebound docs patch ;)
13:33 kidclamp ashimema want to write something up for devmeeting and send to lists?
13:33 tcohen I think enhancements are filled with longer descriptions for inclusion in the release announcement, but that might not be enough  for the manual
13:33 cait hm i might have been wrong, can't spot it
13:33 cait so we shoudl have one
13:33 atheia ashimema: seems only fair.
13:33 ashimema will try to fit it in kidclamp :)
13:34 kidclamp #info ashimema proposed doc requirements for new enhancements will try to have proposal fro next dev meeting
13:34 cait kidclamp: action a coding guideline for that?
13:34 cait :)
13:35 cait once we have the workflow down and documented, we could also have a documentation day/documentation party
13:35 ashimema the bit that was holding me back on that front was it's wasn't hugely clear how to submit doc patches at the time I was trying to go through it.
13:35 ashimema cait++
13:35 cait that's all from me
13:35 kidclamp cait++
13:35 cait rangi++
13:35 kidclamp alright, anything else or move to Kohacon?
13:35 thd All programs should also be written to display their own documentation on command.
13:35 oleonard i
13:35 Joubu I do not think the dev should provide the whole doc, but at least enough info to explain the doc team to understand it easily
13:35 cait he came up with it, just have to write it up now
13:36 Joubu Is that what we are saying?
13:36 cait i think that makes sense
13:36 kidclamp yes, devs can write in dev speak with basic feature
13:36 ashimema I believe so Joubu
13:36 cait yeah, the technical descriptions are good
13:36 cait but sometimes we miss the user understandable part :)
13:36 BobB if devs start the doco, non-devs can improve it
13:36 Joubu ok perfect
13:36 atheia But it should definitely be a patch to the manual, not just in perlpod or some such, right?
13:37 ashimema so there's at least a starting point in the docs for anyone to embellish.. if you've done development write you'll have written a spec for the enhancement and that spec should go a long way towards becoming a documentation :)
13:37 Joubu my understanding was that the dev should fill the "text for the release notes" field on bugz
13:37 barton I think we also need to test documentation...
13:37 Joubu s/should/must
13:37 ashimema patch to the manual in my opinion.. partially depends... but that'll come down to the QAer reviewing it ;)
13:38 cait for the moment rangi and i iwll be able to merge
13:38 kidclamp I think as long as they can provide the text in the bug we can see about patch submission
13:38 ashimema I see 'text for release notes' as a minor summary of what the feature does.. whereas the docs are more of a 'how to use this new shiny feature'
13:38 barton ... i.e. have people follow instructions and make sure that they work, and are understandable.
13:38 cait i think no qa yet for the manual, but that would be nice once we actually have documentation written :)
13:38 cait ashimema +1
13:39 kidclamp moving us on
13:39 Joubu wait
13:39 * kidclamp pauses
13:39 atheia Yeah I'm with kidclamp, barton and ashimema here: a new feature should provide a text that at least describes what the feature does and how you use it, as part of the bug.
13:39 Joubu then we need the "text for release notes" + a comment with a "doc" tag for instance?
13:39 atheia Not sure whether it should be in "text for the release notes" or somewhere else.
13:39 Joubu to explain more deeply what the ft does/how it works?
13:40 atheia Yeah, Joubu, I would think so?
13:40 ashimema so for ptfs-e's patches these days we're slowly moving to more of a team inclusive model.. support + customer refined a spec, dev develops it, support turns spec + development screenshots into documentation.. dev submits the feature along with the docs..
13:40 ashimema that's a model I'd love to see taken more widely.
13:40 cait oh just one mor ething: we got 2 shiny new chapters for the web installer and the onboarding tool!
13:40 Joubu will be a mess to find it in the comment of bugz, but maybe the tag can help
13:40 cait if you want to check that out :)
13:40 fridolin left #koha
13:40 kidclamp #info manual has new chapters for web installer and the onboarding tool! (shiny new chapters)
13:40 atheia Couldn't one simply add it as a non-patch attachment?
13:41 kidclamp I like that idea
13:41 ashimema I'll talk to cait and rangi about docs patches workflow
13:41 cait i think if you attached to the bug report a 'docs team' could use it
13:41 kidclamp I like this discussion but think we should send to list and work up proposal fro dev meeting
13:41 cait but we need to found one :)
13:41 ashimema personally.. I'd like to see a pull request opened on the doc gitlab and a link to it from the bugzilla bug
13:41 Joubu let's move on and vote for the guidelines next dev meeting?
13:41 ashimema yup
13:42 ashimema agreed.. lets move on.. :)
13:42 cait ashimema: kidn of how we want it to work
13:42 cait merge request tho
13:42 cait pull is github
13:42 kidclamp #action cait ashimema rangi will talk manual submissions for enhancments and prepare for dev meeting
13:42 ashimema merge/pull.. same thing ;)
13:42 kidclamp @topic KohaCon
13:42 tcohen the manual is a lot about style and ways of telling a message
13:42 huginn kidclamp: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
13:42 kidclamp #topic KohaCon
13:42 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 June 2017)
13:42 tcohen I think the doc managers should be the ones to talk to devs
13:43 tcohen or the other way around
13:43 kidclamp schnydszch, around?
13:43 tcohen but no need to add a new guideline
13:43 schnydszch Hi all! Eugene here from Manila, Philippines
13:43 schnydszch Yes kidclamp.
13:43 wahanui Sandwich King of the Northeast
13:44 schnydszch Just to update you all, kohacon2017 is just two weeks. The organizers are pretty excited and working double time.
13:45 schnydszch The current registration stands at 275 participants, 50+ foreign, 200+ local.
13:45 kidclamp #info Kohacon2017 is 2 weeks away - 275 participants - excitement is high :-)
13:46 schnydszch We posted a week before regarding the situation in the Southern part of the Philippines which is 2000 km away from Makati City
13:47 kidclamp #info see lists for update about situation in souther phillipines
13:47 cait is it still possible to register?
13:47 cait I know of someone in Manila who woud like to attend
13:47 schnydszch The organizers have seek security clearance from local police. The venue has its own security so we assure safety of the participants during the event
13:47 kidclamp #info he organizers have seek security clearance from local police. The venue has its own security so we assure safety of the participants during the event
13:47 schnydszch to those who want to register, they can email us at or
13:48 schnydszch *who still want to register
13:48 kidclamp #info to who still need to register may email or
13:48 cait thx schnydszch - i will forward that
13:49 kidclamp anything more schnydszch?
13:49 schnydszch Paul Poulain and Gaetan Boisson will be coming over. Joann Ransom declined participation upon hearing the isolated accident which happened at Resorts World Manila, that some media tagged it as done by ISIS
13:51 schnydszch ..But recent investigation, it's only done by a lone gunman. But we assure the participants safety during the event as we already seek security clearance from local police
13:51 kholt joined #koha
13:51 schnydszch Can I say something re: sponsor?
13:51 kidclamp yes
13:53 schnydszch Yeah I see BWS people here, nick and nathan, will you still be donating for kohacon2017? We're still willing to accept donations :)
13:53 oleonard :D
13:53 schnydszch We're working on the livestream part, we've got some volunteers from a local university
13:54 schnydszch who will be helping us for the livestream and event video.
13:54 kidclamp #info working on livestream and video for kohacon2017
13:55 thd schnydszch: Will you be recording the livestream?
13:55 schnydszch yep
13:55 cait ++
13:55 cait :)
13:55 thd :)
13:55 kidclamp schnydszch++
13:55 tcohen schnydszch++
13:56 kidclamp anything more or set time for next meeting?
13:56 kidclamp #topic Next meeting
13:56 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 June 2017)
13:56 schnydszch nothing else, if you have questions
13:57 kidclamp July 5th, 20 UTC?
13:57 tcohen +1
13:57 Joubu kidclamp: did not we switch with 21?
13:57 thd Have we been using 21?
13:58 kidclamp we can do 21, that works for NZ better - but I didn't know if it ciost us anyone so trying it intermittently
13:58 thd Also, is 5th to close to US independence day for good participation?
13:58 kidclamp 21 is good for me
13:58 thd s/to/too/
13:58 BobB better for AU too
13:58 kidclamp I think most should be at work on the 5th
13:59 * oleonard agrees
13:59 juan_s joined #koha
13:59 kidclamp July 5th 21 UTC
13:59 thd Yes, good the dates fall for good return.
14:00 thd Sadly, KohaCon dates overlap ALA this year.
14:00 * oleonard will take a break from sharpening sticks and hoarding gasoline in his post-apocalyptic fear-cave to attend the meeting
14:00 rocio_away joined #koha
14:00 kidclamp last chance for dissent on date
14:00 BobB LOL
14:01 kidclamp #info next meeting: July 5, 2017, 21 UTC
14:01 kidclamp #endmeeting
14:01 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
14:01 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jun  7 14:01:16 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:01 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-06-07-13.07.html
14:01 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-06-07-13.07.txt
14:01 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]07-13.07.log.html
14:01 kidclamp thanks everyone!
14:01 oleonard kidclamp++
14:01 tcohen kidclamp++
14:02 BobB good night #koha
14:02 kidclamp sleep well BobB
14:03 cait kidclamp++
14:03 * thd returns to persuading his neighbour to take her medicine to keep her out of hospital.
14:04 felicia left #koha
14:05 LibraryClaire kidclamp++
14:05 oleonard I finally figured out why Bug 11897 wasn't applying for me in kohadevbox when it applies fine for everyone else and in my old Debian virtualbox
14:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11897 new feature, P5 - low, ---, alex.sassmannshausen, Needs Signoff , Stock Rotation for Koha
14:05 oleonard Blame Windows.
14:06 oleonard The patch updating to camel case confused Windows because Windows doesn't care about case in file names.
14:06 tcohen oleonard: oh! you might better apply it inside the box then!
14:06 atheia Ah — how frustrating!
14:06 oleonard This could be a problem for other users of kohadevbox on Windows when testing patches which make similar file name changes
14:07 atheia That is good to know about!
14:07 thd oleonard: People would also have the same problem on OS X, which does casefolding.
14:07 oleonard It just took me way too long to realize what was going wrong :|
14:07 atheia Perhaps we could add it to the devbox readme (the gotchas section at the end?)
14:08 jac joined #koha
14:09 thd Maybe we should add a coding guideline to avoid the use of case dependent file names.
14:09 oleonard thd: No, the patch was correct
14:10 rocio joined #koha
14:10 atheia thd: The issue in this case was not necessarily case dependentness, but renaming one case style to the one expected by Koha standards.
14:10 Joubu @later tell rangi can you create a 17.05.x branch for fridolin?
14:10 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:11 thd What did the renaming?
14:11 oleonard thd: Files were created in one patch, and then the file names were corrected in a subsequent patch
14:12 thd Are guidelines in favour of camelcase for filenames actually forcing this problem?
14:13 atheia e.g. ->
14:13 oleonard This is a problem which one dev faced when testing on one machine thd. It's not worth changing our coding guidelines for at this point.
14:14 thd I understand the small scope of the actual incident.
14:15 thd However, should we not be aspiring to the possibility that Koha might one day run on a case folding filesystem?
14:16 atheia Personally I don't feel strongly about this
14:16 atheia I wouldn't really have much to contribute to this conversation
14:17 atheia If you feel you want to pursue it, might want to bring it up at the next meeting?  But from my side… I think it's probably not worth it for now.
14:17 dilan joined #koha
14:17 eythian also, it's not reasily easy to solve. You can't ban renaming.
14:17 atheia (this is speaking purely from my personal perspective, in terms how I would be inclined to vote on this subject)
14:18 thd I definitely prefer camel case everywhere as advanced by the guidelines, however, I like to be able to move files across different filesystems without problems.
14:18 eythian (also, I'm usually wary of "lowest common denominator" solutions, especially when those denominators aren't in use.)
14:19 eythian thd: you can. You just have corner-cases with patches.
14:19 eythian well, you may end up with STOCKR~1.PM, but that's on you.
14:20 thd There was a fork of Koha at Near Eastern University which ran on MS Windows.  It is sad that we lost the efforts from NEU.
14:22 * thd imagines the walls of a Dymaxion house with no corners ;)
14:32 dilan joined #koha
14:32 TGoat joined #koha
14:33 schnydszch joined #koha
14:38 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 18296: C4::Items - Remove GetItemInfosOf <[…]d2c8d525edc1887ea>
14:38 mtompset joined #koha
14:38 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
14:39 mtompset @seen cait
14:39 huginn mtompset: cait was last seen in #koha 36 minutes and 4 seconds ago: <cait> kidclamp++
14:39 mtompset Are you here, cait?
14:40 cait sorry, just leaving!
14:40 mtompset @later tell cait bug 18286-18289 corrected some test bugs that were annoying me.
14:40 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
14:40 cait bye all
14:40 cait left #koha
14:41 kidclamp ah, it was just an incidental poke, no one needs kidclamp
14:41 mtompset @later tell cait bug 18286-18289 corrected some test bugs that were annoying me, and might address your 16.11.x issues
14:41 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
14:41 mtompset kidclamp: What are you talking about? Are you going to make me read IRC logs to make sense of things? :P
14:42 dilan joined #koha
14:42 kidclamp you "seen" cait, it poked me
14:42 kidclamp I saw I had a message, wagged my tail
14:43 kidclamp you should just ignore me mtompset , sometimes I just try to amuse myself
14:43 mtompset Ah!
14:44 mtompset no, no... that makes sense. Sorry for the poke. :)
14:44 mtompset Sorry to make you feel unwanted. :)
14:45 kidclamp no worries, you are just trying to get things done :-)
14:46 mtompset What fun things are you trying to get done, kidclamp?
14:46 kidclamp trying to get my support stuffs organized so I can get back to fun
14:46 kidclamp ES stuff I want to toy with and some small patches on the horizon
14:47 mtompset A while back I was noting a call to indexer or something like that, which wouldn't exist on the Zebra side of things.
14:48 mtompset didn't know if it was possible to trigger it, but seemed like something not quite right... can't remember where though.
14:49 kholt joined #koha
14:51 misilot joined #koha
14:59 LibraryClaire left #koha
15:02 reiveune bye
15:02 reiveune left #koha
15:09 kholt joined #koha
15:11 Joubu thd: willing to help on the wiki this release?
15:13 LeeJ joined #koha
15:13 jbeno joined #koha
15:15 thd Yes, I should have time now but I have been exhausted from trying to discover what Verizon is doing to restore my home internet connection for the past two and a half months.  Going elsewhere merely to use internet service is keeping me from sleeping :(
15:16 Joubu hum, so it's a no or a yes?
15:16 thd Joubu: yes
15:16 Joubu I can send you an invitation for the kanban if you like
15:17 thd Joubu: Yes even if some rival company has to drill a hole in the wall to let the rain and a new cable in.
15:17 Joubu I have listed some tasks that do not receive enough attention from others
15:17 Joubu pm me your email address
15:18 Joubu one condition, you are not allowed to talk about your internet providers in comments ;)
15:18 LeeJ morning all...anyone ever come across a problem with 'prove -v xt/author/Text_CSV_Various.t'? The wiki's signoff documentation shows that 'prove xt/author' should be run but Text_CSV_Various.t keeps failing on me even when I have all the prereq modules installed.
15:18 rocio_FIT joined #koha
15:19 thd Joubu: I only say something about internet providers out of extraordinary frustration and lack of sleep.
15:19 LeeJ @Joubu: speaking of the kanban, I'm planning to chip away at as much as I can this week once I get the kinks worked out of these unit test failures
15:19 huginn LeeJ: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
15:20 Joubu LeeJ: what is the error?
15:21 thd Joubu Joubu: currently.
15:23 LeeJ @Joubu: pasting them now
15:23 huginn LeeJ: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
15:29 pastebot "LeeJ" at pasted "Text_CSV_Various.t errors" (19 lines) at
15:30 LeeJ @Joubu: there we go!
15:30 huginn LeeJ: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
15:30 Joubu same for me
15:30 oleonard LeeJ: When you add the "@" to a user's nick it confuses huginn the bot. You can leave it out
15:31 oleonard LeeJ: huginn thinks "@" begins a command meant for him
15:31 oleonard @seen drojf
15:31 huginn oleonard: drojf was last seen in #koha 2 weeks, 0 days, 8 hours, 26 minutes, and 20 seconds ago: <drojf> hei magnuse
15:31 LeeJ oleonard: whoops! I'm still getting used to using IRC again...haven't been on an IRC channel in almost a decade
15:31 LeeJ oleonard: got it! Thanks!
15:32 * oleonard has been on IRC so long he doesn't know where "@username" is used
15:32 LeeJ hahaha
15:33 oleonard ...besides Twitter, I guess.
15:33 LeeJ and Facebook when the auto-complete doesn't pick up on your typing :)
15:34 Joubu Best loved taiga project of the week?[…]al_fans_last_week
15:34 Joubu ;)
15:34 Joubu of the month even
15:35 tcohen Joubu++
15:35 Joubu looks easy to hit the top 5 of the year :)
15:35 LeeJ it's probably because that project has an awesome RM
15:35 LeeJ ;D
15:36 Joubu now it needs to become the most active!
15:37 LeeJ Joubu: I'm tryinggg...currently I can only do Koha work at my job where I have a dedicated Debian box to dev on since I can't get kohadevbox to run on Windows :(
15:38 Joubu LeeJ: did you open a bug report about the csv xt failures?
15:38 Joubu Text_CSV_Various.t I meant
15:39 LeeJ Joubu: not yet..I wanted to run it by people here first in case it was something trivial or I was just doing something wrong
15:39 LeeJ Joubu: I can open it now if it's viable
15:42 Joubu yes it is
15:42 Joubu jenkins does not run the xt tests with -r
15:46 caboose left #koha
15:48 LeeJ Joubu: Oh, I forgot to add (but I'm adding it to the bug report) that the '_e_' in field 4 of test 27 has a dot over it.
15:52 LeeJ Joubu: bug submitted! https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=18746
15:52 huginn Bug 18746: minor, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , Text_CSV_Various.t parse failure
15:52 oleonard LeeJ: What problems are you having with kohadevbox on Windows?
15:53 LeeJ oleonard:
15:55 LeeJ oleonard: Basically, the jessie box downloads and installs and I can SSH in but that's as far as it goes. Koha or any of the tools don't download even though I uncomment them accordingly in vars/user.yml
15:55 kholt joined #koha
15:58 oleonard LeeJ: I see that someone else asked about that issue here and magnuse suggested this:[…]stem-type-vboxsf/
15:59 rocio joined #koha
16:00 oleonard LeeJ: I see that in the comments on that page someone says the vagrant-vbguest plugin should make those instructions obsolete
16:02 LeeJ oleonard: *facepalm* I spent 3+ hours Googling for a fix but could not for the life of me find one
16:03 LeeJ oleonard: thank you so much! I'll definitely try it when I get home to see if it works. I hope so..I always want to get more dev work done at home but haven't been able to.
16:05 LeeJ On another note, where would I locate the script to populate the sample notices? Can't seem to locate it
16:07 oleonard installer/data/mysql/en/mandatory/sample_notices.sql
16:09 Joubu thd: The "wiki clean-up" tasks has been subdivided in subtasks. I think it makes more sense to assign yourself a subtask instead of the global one
16:09 thd Joubu, I was just going to ask about that.
16:10 thd Joubu, how do I see the subtasks?
16:10 Joubu click on the card
16:10 Joubu[…]oha-rm-1711/us/62
16:11 thd Do I see only one subtask?
16:13 Joubu there are 3 "related tasks"
16:17 jbenojbeno joined #koha
16:24 oleonard ashimema or atheia around? It doesn't appear to be possible to delete a rota, only deactivate?
16:26 rocio_ joined #koha
16:26 thd Joubu: removing, the category QA_sprint_days would add two more pages to the growing list of orphan pages for which no category has been assigned which are more difficult to find than those with a category assignment.
16:28 atheia oleonard: I'm around
16:28 LeeJ *cries* I give up..tried running the notices SQL file and got "Error 1452 Cannot add or update a child row; a foreign key constraint fails. I'm having a heck of a time :(
16:29 * oleonard must split
16:32 kholt joined #koha
16:32 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #192: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/192/
16:32 jenkins jonathan.druart: Bug 18296: C4::Items - Remove GetItemInfosOf
16:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18296 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , C4::Items - Remove GetItemInfosOf
16:33 thd Joubu: I am much more interested in directing attention first to the bigger issue of migrating the wiki to MySQL so that we can upgrade MediaWiki and use faceted categorisation in Semantic MediaWiki.  Removing the hierarchical category Koha_Users with no pages of its own my help with faceting, however, removing QA_sprint_days without substituting something for the pages to which it is assigned does not seem to serve any useful purpose.
16:40 thd s/my/may/
16:43 wizzyrea joined #koha
16:45 kholt joined #koha
16:45 LeeJ Joubu: is/was there supposed to be a folder called "default" under installer/data/mysql/en/ ?
16:46 thd LeeJ: Joubu does not seem to be logged in presently
16:46 LeeJ thd: shows how much attention I've been paying :P
16:47 thd LeeJ: However, I did not see a disconnect message from Joubu
16:47 LeeJ thd: nor did I
16:47 LeeJ @seen Joubou
16:47 huginn LeeJ: I have not seen Joubou.
16:47 LeeJ @seen @Joubou
16:47 huginn LeeJ: I have not seen @Joubou.
16:48 LeeJ odd..
16:48 LeeJ haha..helps if spelled right eh?
16:48 LeeJ @seen Joubu
16:48 huginn LeeJ: Joubu was last seen in #koha 35 minutes and 11 seconds ago: <Joubu> there are 3 "related tasks"
16:48 LeeJ anyways..think I found another unit test bug
16:49 thd LeeJ: I had guessed that I might have been temporarily disconnected during Joubu's disconnect which would have prevented me from seeing a disconnect message.
16:51 LeeJ thd: doesn't matter anyway..I answered my own question and I DID find another unit test bug :)
16:52 thd LeeJ: It only matters to me to see how well or poorly I am managing to use IRC in my situation.
16:54 Joubu back from lunch :)
16:55 Joubu thd: we have too many that are not useful, to me it makes sense to remove them
16:55 LeeJ Joubu: thd and I were playing a game of Where's Joubu :)
16:55 Joubu LeeJ: nope, no default dir. Why are you asking?
16:56 LeeJ Joubu: because I found yet another unit test bug.[…]/sample_notices.t
16:57 LeeJ Joubu: line 25
16:58 LeeJ Joubu: it's supposed to be "en/mandatory/" not "en/default" and it causes 11 tests to fail. I re-ran the unit test with the folder name changed to mandatory and everything passes. Opening a bug report now and will add a patch to it as well
16:59 jbenojbeno joined #koha
16:59 Joubu LeeJ: thanks!
17:01 thd Joubu: I agree that the category QA_sprint_days is little used and necessarily not especially useful, however, all wiki pages should have some type of category assignment so that finding things does not rely entirely on guessing the correct text string in a full text search.
17:04 thd Joubu: Consequently, do you have a suggestion for a more useful category for which the pages which have been assigned the QA_sprint_days would be helpful such that removing QA_sprint_days would be constructive rather than destructive?
17:12 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
17:17 kmlussier joined #koha
17:19 kmlussier joined #koha
17:21 Joubu thd: no
17:22 thd Joubu: Answering my own question and reverting to my earlier thinking the wiki pages for which QA_sprint_days have been assigned are probably better assigned to global bug squashing days which already includes one QA sprint day page and would be a better use especially as global bug squashing days have generally included QA squashing along with bug squashing more narrowly.  The QA_sprint_days category was most likely created without en
17:22 thd ough 'literary warrant' and understanding of the scope of Global bug squashing days at a time when the distinction may have had the potential to have more value.
17:27 Joubu thd: if you have some time to spend on the wiki, you should take a look at "#21 welcome new contributors"
17:27 Joubu[…]oha-rm-1711/us/21
17:27 Joubu and especially "#24 Create one main entry point on the wiki (for everybody)"
17:27 Joubu[…]a-rm-1711/task/24 (see the related pad link)
17:28 thd Joubu: I will look at completing the two related tasks to which I assigned myself in the next couple of days.  I need to help my elderly neighbour now before the visiting nurse comes..
17:28 Joubu that is the top priority at the moment
17:37 thd Joubu: I certainly see the great utility of welcome pages.  I created some welcome wiki usage guides for the previous Dokuwiki Koha wiki.  The task requires much time and concentration to do well.
18:00 juan_r joined #koha
18:01 nengard joined #koha
18:41 juampa joined #koha
18:43 kmlussier joined #koha
18:51 cait joined #koha
19:04 juan_s joined #koha
19:10 khall joined #koha
19:16 khall joined #koha
19:20 khall joined #koha
19:22 khall joined #koha
19:24 khall joined #koha
19:34 khall joined #koha
19:36 tcohen later #koha
19:40 khall joined #koha
19:42 kmlussier joined #koha
19:43 khall joined #koha
19:48 cait1 joined #koha
19:50 kathryn joined #koha
19:52 * cait1 waves
19:53 khall joined #koha
19:53 juan_r joined #koha
19:55 kellym joined #koha
19:55 juan_s_ joined #koha
20:03 juan_s joined #koha
20:33 jbeno joined #koha
20:48 juan_s joined #koha
20:49 kholt joined #koha
20:49 kholt joined #koha
20:52 juan_s joined #koha
20:55 kmlussier joined #koha
21:00 papa joined #koha
21:01 kellym joined #koha
21:06 atheia left #koha
21:15 JoshB left #koha
21:26 juan_r joined #koha
21:26 Nemo_bis joined #koha
21:27 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
21:28 Infra_3600 joined #koha
21:28 ashimema joined #koha
21:28 jajm joined #koha
21:29 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
21:29 Infra_3600 joined #koha
21:29 alohalog` joined #koha
21:30 ashimema joined #koha
21:30 cait joined #koha
21:30 janPasi joined #koha
21:34 jajm joined #koha
21:34 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
21:43 Kafilini joined #koha
21:47 Francesca joined #koha
21:50 juan_s joined #koha
21:50 LeeJ joined #koha
21:55 LeeJ left #koha
22:05 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
22:20 juan_s joined #koha
22:21 Francesca joined #koha
22:25 ashimema joined #koha
22:25 janPasi joined #koha
22:31 jbeno_away joined #koha
22:35 juan_s joined #koha
22:35 alohalog` joined #koha
22:40 jajm joined #koha
22:48 hjloop joined #koha
22:50 hjloop Excuse me, can I help M-042785 to ignore the letters in a mysql query and get the maximum value of the number, please
22:52 cait you might want to look for the substring function
22:52 cait to cut of M- before doing max
22:52 cait but i can't help you more, sorry
22:52 cait time to sleep here
22:52 cait night #koha
22:53 hjloop Thank you
23:20 papa joined #koha
23:44 rangi excuse
23:44 wahanui rangi: The lines are all busy (busied out, that is -- why let them in to begin with?).
23:44 rangi excuse
23:44 wahanui rangi: You put the disk in upside down.
23:44 rangi excuse
23:44 wahanui rangi: The UPS doesn't have a battery backup.
23:44 rangi excuse
23:44 wahanui rangi: Someone was smoking in the computer room and set off the halon systems.
23:44 rangi excuse
23:44 wahanui rangi: Lightning strikes.
23:44 rangi excuse
23:44 wahanui rangi: Melting hard drives
23:44 rangi excuse
23:44 wahanui rangi: Out of cards on drive D:

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary