IRC log for #koha, 2017-03-20

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:19 JoshB joined #koha
00:52 jcamins_ joined #koha
01:07 JoshB joined #koha
01:17 Francesca joined #koha
01:18 JoshB joined #koha
01:25 BobB_ joined #koha
01:36 irma joined #koha
01:41 JoshB joined #koha
01:57 Francesca joined #koha
01:59 BobB joined #koha
02:48 JoshB joined #koha
03:48 jamesb joined #koha
03:49 sameeenz joined #koha
05:09 Francesca joined #koha
05:32 Francesca joined #koha
06:08 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
06:17 cait joined #koha
06:53 Francesca joined #koha
07:27 marcelr joined #koha
07:27 marcelr hi #koha
07:30 laurence joined #koha
07:46 reiveune joined #koha
07:47 reiveune hello
07:48 * magnuse waves!
07:48 * magnuse wishes he was somewhere else
07:48 magnuse @wudner marsielle, france
07:48 huginn` magnuse: I've exhausted my database of quotes
07:48 magnuse @wunder marsielle, france
07:48 huginn` magnuse: Error: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
07:48 magnuse @wunder marseille, france
07:48 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 13.0°C (8:30 AM CET on March 20, 2017). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
07:49 magnuse @wunder enbo
07:49 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 3.0°C (8:20 AM CET on March 20, 2017). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 60%. Dew Point: -4.0°C. Windchill: -3.0°C. Pressure: 29.09 in 985 hPa (Steady).
07:56 alex_a joined #koha
07:57 magnuse bonjour alex_a
07:57 alex_a hello magnuse
07:57 matts hello !
07:57 alex_a not at the hackfest this year magnuse ?
07:57 magnuse nope :`-(
07:58 petter joined #koha
07:59 bag magnuse: HI
07:59 wahanui salut, bag
07:59 magnuse bag: HI
07:59 magnuse everyone arrived safely?
07:59 magnuse no hotel reservations forgotten?
08:01 kidclamp joined #koha
08:07 matts bag, Vieux Port
08:14 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:20 oha joined #koha
08:20 oha o/
08:21 magnuse \o
08:22 cait joined #koha
08:22 oha I might sound silly now, but I was wondering about my email regarding C4::Auth and refactoring: has it been missed/ignored or should i just wait longer for feedback?
08:23 drojf joined #koha
08:23 cait probably just a difficult topic
08:23 cait maybe add it to the agenda of the next dev meeting?
08:24 drojf bonjour
08:24 oha cait: yes. I want to do it even for the previous one, but i couldn't attend
08:25 cait good morning drojf
08:25 cait oha: it would also be a topic for the hackfest
08:25 cait but as you are not there, not sure if you could do something remote?
08:26 oha cait: yup, i won't. but maybe someone can bring the topic up? and we can have a chat here after?
08:26 cait you could try emailing paul_p about it
08:27 oha paul_p?
08:27 wahanui paul_p is probably[…]2157654238168185/
08:27 LibraryClaire joined #koha
08:27 baptiste joined #koha
08:28 cait paul poulain
08:29 cait he is organising the hackfest
08:29 bag hiya cait
08:30 cait welcome to this timezone bag
08:30 bag hehe :) thanks!
08:30 ashimema I think the core issue is it's a big topic and no-one has funding for time on it right now
08:30 ashimema happy hackfest
08:35 cait jajm: could you push to your branch maybe? I will do it tonight
08:36 cait i mean push up to the public repo
08:36 sophie_m joined #koha
08:37 sophie_m hello #koha
08:37 jajm cait, bug 18275 is still in "Koha security", shouldn't we wait for it to be public ?
08:37 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18275 is not accessible.
08:38 cait i think right onw we are blocking people with git brnaches/customizations from updating
08:39 cait not sure who is going to make it public hm
08:40 cait i guess as the releases are out, we can
08:41 oha ashimema: i think deichman is willing to put some time there (mine) but i will need help, mostly for testing CAS and Shib
08:41 oha cait: will contact him
08:41 ashimema it's the qa and signoff side I think are going to be hardest to work through
08:42 oha ashimema: yeah, i can see that. OTOH it might save a lot of time on the long run?
08:42 ashimema a few people have jumped in and tried re-writing auth.. but it's never been enough of a multi company team effort to actually work anything through :(
08:42 jajm cait, ok, i'll push to the public repo in the morning then
08:42 ashimema yup.. I behind you on that one
08:43 oha just please, have a look at what i did so far. I wonder if it is easier than expected
08:43 ashimema but I can't personally commit to looking at it unfortunately.. as cait has said.. getting a presence at hackfest will help.. so i agree with her.. if you can try and talk to paul_p and perhaps get someone whose there on side
08:44 cait jajm: you mean tomorrow?
08:44 ashimema feel free to try adn grab atheia when he comes online.. I know he's there (I sent him) and he's pretty technically adept so he might be able to help push it a bit?
08:44 jajm cait, i can do it today, or tomorrow, or whenever you tell me to :)
08:44 cait :)
08:45 cait i just don't have ym laptop here, so that's why I will be a little later i think
08:45 cait can't do anything withotu the keys and stuff set up
08:50 josef_moravec joined #koha
08:52 JesseM joined #koha
08:52 drojf are the security releases going into the public repository? it seems they are not there yet?
08:53 cait drojf: read back up
08:54 LibraryClaire1 joined #koha
08:56 drojf cait: but pushing to the public git would be a rmaint thing, wouldn't it?
08:56 cait drojf:  i don't follow you
08:56 cait jajm and me just talked about it
08:57 cait I can't push before tonight because i need my laptop with the keys, jajm can whenever we want to (he said ;) )
08:57 drojf oh haha sorry i only read half
08:57 drojf nevermind
08:57 drojf ok
08:57 cait and i was pondering if i am brave enough to switch the bug to Koha
08:57 drojf that is probably a rm thing? no idea ;)
08:58 LibraryClaire joined #koha
09:06 Francesca joined #koha
09:16 atheia joined #koha
09:18 paul_p joined #koha
09:22 magnuse hiya LibraryClaire, Francesca, atheia, paul_p
09:22 Francesca hi
09:22 LibraryClaire bonjour magnuse
09:23 atheia hello magnuse!
09:24 magnuse are y'all having tons of fun yet?
09:35 atheia yeah — the traditional am/pm planning board has gone up, we have internet, there is a signoff trello board & tons of sweets!
09:35 atheia Feels like a proper hackfest!
09:35 atheia (Also, I'm on IRC, which is a sign of proper hackfest ;-) )
09:36 LibraryClaire HARIBO
09:39 eythian hi
09:39 eythian @wunder ams
09:39 huginn` eythian: The current temperature in Amsterdam, Netherlands is 10.0°C (10:25 AM CET on March 20, 2017). Conditions: Drizzle. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005 hPa (Steady).
09:39 ashimema lol
09:39 ashimema hello atheia
09:40 atheia long time no speak ashimema :D
09:40 ashimema :)
09:41 ashimema Busy, busy in Marseilles I hope ;)
09:41 LibraryClaire joined #koha
09:43 paul_p hi magnuse. We miss you !!!
09:47 atheia yeah, magnuse, real shame you couldn't make it :'(
09:47 LibraryClaire joined #koha
10:11 cait paul_p: i am starting to feel sad ;)
10:12 magnuse paul_p, atheia: i will be there next year, promise!
10:13 * magnuse wanders off to find norwegian lunch
10:18 atheia Ohai cait! :-D
10:18 cait hi atheia
10:19 atheia Indeed, sad not to have you here this year! Miss you lots!
10:19 cait miss you all lots too!
10:24 jzairo joined #koha
10:37 paul_p cait you shouldn't: it's raining, ppl are not smart, I forgot to organize the lunch, and internet is not working.
10:38 LibraryClaire joined #koha
10:44 cait paul_p: feeling better thx :)
10:45 LibraryClaire1 joined #koha
10:51 oha paul_p: hey! someone suggested me to talk with you about my don quixotenian project to refactor C4::Auth
10:52 paul_p kia ora oha.
10:52 oha unfortunately i can't be in marseille for the hackfest, but maybe you can bring the topic there, and we can have an irc chat later, or a videoconf, or something
10:52 fridolin joined #koha
10:55 paul_p oha = that would be great. What about tomorrow afternoon ? (I think joubu will be interested to join, and he's in Argentina now, so european afternoon is America morning)
10:55 fridolin hie there
10:56 * fridolin at #HF2017
11:00 drojf ashimema: could you add a comment to bug 12026 please so it goes back into qa?
11:00 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12026 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Failed QA , Shibboleth auto-provisioning
11:06 * ashimema looks
11:06 * ashimema would also be interested in joining any call/chat about auth
11:08 ashimema drojf.. I'm afraid I don't remember the irc conversation about shibboleth errors at all..
11:08 * ashimema embarks on looking through irc logs to try adn understand what the question was
11:09 drojf ashimema: it was a private conversation last november
11:09 ashimema ah.. that helps actualyl..
11:09 ashimema thanks
11:11 drojf i have been running it in production like this for a while now
11:11 drojf so i guess it works ;)
11:11 JoshB joined #koha
11:11 ashimema hehe.. yup
11:13 JoshB joined #koha
11:14 JoshB joined #koha
11:15 JoshB joined #koha
11:16 JoshB joined #koha
11:17 JoshB joined #koha
11:17 ashimema done and done
11:17 * ashimema is secretly hoping drojf might get a chance to try the plack patches :)
11:19 drojf ashimema: thanks! yes, it is part of the plan
11:19 ashimema :)
11:19 drojf and i made sure i got the shib dev server to play this week, so i should make use of it
11:20 * ashimema realises he will need to add some additional code for plack to handle the other patches.. at the moment it's based against mast which has neither the staff client auth or user creation patches
11:20 * ashimema is happy to devote some time to that this week if any of those patches move though.. it should be trivial to update them to take plack into account
11:40 vfernandes joined #koha
11:40 vfernandes hi #koha
11:42 oleonard joined #koha
11:43 vfernandes I have two virtualhosts for the same OPAC with different design, etc... when I log in on one of them, i don't log in on the other
11:43 oleonard Hi hackfesters and less-fortunate non-hackfesters
11:43 vfernandes it's possible to have the same session in the different OPACs?
11:44 meliss joined #koha
11:49 cait hi oleonard
11:49 wahanui hi olé onard
11:49 marcelr hi oleopard
11:50 cait atheia: new haircut?
11:52 eythian hi oleopard
11:52 eythian (et al)
11:53 Joubu Hi hk17 ;)
11:53 JoshB joined #koha
11:54 JoshB joined #koha
11:55 JoshB joined #koha
11:55 JoshB joined #koha
11:56 JoshB joined #koha
11:57 JoshB joined #koha
11:59 cait jajm: could you push this afternoon once you are all done with lunch and the like?
12:02 francharb hello #koha
12:03 kidclamp joined #koha
12:05 jajm cait, yes i can do it right now
12:06 cait thx a lot
12:08 LibraryClaire joined #koha
12:08 marcelr jajm: If you know the token, you still need the credentials
12:10 cait jajm: sending an email to the group too
12:10 jajm marcelr, you don't need the credentials if you use CSRF to make an attack
12:11 marcelr sure about that?
12:11 cait maybe discuss in #kohasecurity ?
12:12 jajm marcelr, if you have the credentials, why bother using CSRF ?
12:12 marcelr :)
12:13 jajm marcelr, i'm on #kohasecurity if you want to discuss about it
12:22 kellym joined #koha
12:24 ashimema alex_a just sent you a rebase request on bz ;)
12:25 ashimema hopefully it's a 5 minute one ;)
12:26 EricGosselin joined #koha
12:27 oha paul_p: ok. irc? i'll be at the keyboard
12:28 alex_a ashimema: i did what ?
12:29 ashimema ah.. hang on.. I think I've read the wrong name.. you signed off.. not authored
12:29 ashimema my bad
12:30 alex_a :)
12:30 ashimema grr.. that's a hard thread to follow..
12:31 alex_a Joubu: seems that you fixed the last QA comments on BZ 17282, right ?
12:32 tcohen joined #koha
12:33 NateC joined #koha
12:33 ashimema hmm.. I'm less sure.. maybe you did author the patches on 6979.. I was just hoping someone had a branch lying around they could rebase.. save my trying to sort out a SHA1 missing error :(
12:36 tcohen1 joined #koha
12:39 rocio joined #koha
12:40 * ashimema will dive into qa'ing 17736 tomorrow morning unless anyone beats him to it.
12:42 JoshB joined #koha
12:42 tcohen1 bonjour #koha
12:43 tcohen @wunder cordoba argentina
12:43 huginn` tcohen: The current temperature in Cordoba, Argentina is 13.0°C (9:37 AM -03 on March 20, 2017). Conditions: Rain Showers. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Steady).
12:44 marcelr ashimema++
12:44 Joubu alex_a: no idea
12:44 nengard joined #koha
12:44 marcelr probably noone will beat you
12:45 Joubu @wunder buenos aires argentina
12:45 huginn` Joubu: Error: No such location could be found.
12:45 Joubu @wunder Buenos Aires, Argentina
12:45 huginn` Joubu: Error: No such location could be found.
12:45 marcelr no
12:45 Joubu ok
12:45 marcelr does not exist anymore
12:46 Joubu alex_a: should recheck the different points
12:52 Joubu What's going on in Marseille? Could someone be picked (arbitrarily) to tell us what is happening, what's planned?
12:52 francharb joined #koha
12:56 alex_a Joubu: we are disgesting
12:56 cait what Joubu said
12:56 cait waht was for food today?
13:03 oleonard cait and Joubu, neither of you is there this time?
13:03 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 18275: Do not rely on CGI param userid to log a user in if auth is not required <[…]de2591caab6427d49> / Bug 18275: Regression test <[…]df1323cdd86940303>
13:04 alex_a ashimema: oh yes, you was right. Will rebase 6979
13:05 ashimema thanks alex_a :)
13:06 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:06 kidclamp cait: asian food today, spring rolls!
13:06 kholt joined #koha
13:06 * ashimema wants spring rolls now
13:07 ashimema kidclamp.. you doing any more ES presentations this year?
13:07 * ashimema is wondering if any work has progressed on relevancy ranking
13:07 kidclamp ashimema: yeah, talking RDF/ES on wednesday
13:07 kidclamp I have not done anything with relevancy - but needs to be done
13:08 kidclamp we need to compile a list if what must be done for ES
13:08 kidclamp there are bugs out there that need signs offs as well
13:08 * ashimema still has his ES Dev area setup with zebra and es side by side..
13:08 ashimema it needs a solid drive forward again I think..
13:08 kidclamp agreed
13:09 * ashimema only wishes he had more time to lead the charge a bit
13:09 kidclamp I want to test Joubus patron search this week
13:09 ashimema :)
13:10 kidclamp bug 18189 is a small one, but needs sign off and comments
13:10 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18189 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , Elasticsearch sorting broken
13:12 Joubu and auth search is broken...
13:12 ashimema what do we loose by making that switch kidclamp?
13:12 ashimema not sure I understand ES well enough to really sign that one off..
13:12 ashimema it might fix sorting fine, but break searching by partial author names for all I know.. for example?
13:14 oha or typo correction, or stemming, or matching reverse order. might be wise to have a sorting fields
13:14 kidclamp https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]lle_hackfest_2017
13:15 kidclamp we need more info there
13:15 ashimema oha: precisely ;)
13:16 cait kidclamp: unfair, something new!
13:16 kidclamp ashimema: currently the waythings are done is to define indexes for sorting/faceting separate from searching
13:17 kidclamp so if title is sortable we have title__sort fields
13:17 kidclamp changing the type here should only affect sortability and have no effect on searhing afaik
13:21 * magnuse sshould get back to reading that book on ES
13:22 kidclamp[…]ackest-2017-hfk17
13:23 cait it would be good to have a list
13:23 cait of which search system preferences have any effect on elastic
13:23 kidclamp that would be a good list :-)
13:23 cait or we could all put them in a section for zebra and have another for elastic
13:23 cait so people don't get confused
13:24 Joubu kidclamp: +my $item = Koha::Items->find({itemnumber=>$itemnumber, barcode=>$barcode});
13:24 magnuse both of those sound like good ideas
13:24 Joubu kidclamp: What is the expected behavior?
13:25 Joubu itemnumber and barcode are both unique key (first is PK, the other one is unique)
13:25 kidclamp only one of the variables should be defined - I thought it only populated the query if the vriable was defined'
13:25 kidclamp so expected that it would fetch given either - seemed to work in my testing
13:27 Joubu say Koha::Items->find({itemnumber=>100, barcode=>'aaa'})->title; # display the title for itemnumber 100 (no 'aaa' barcode)
13:27 Joubu say Koha::Items->find({itemnumber=>100, barcode=>'bbb'})->title; # display the title for itemnumber 100 (no 'bbb' barcode)
13:28 Joubu I'd prefer to see something explicit, like Koha::Items->find( { ( $itemnumber ? ( itemnumber => $itemnumber ) : ( barcode => $barcode ) } );
13:32 kidclamp fair enough, trying to be too clever (lazy)
13:33 cait hm barcoe can be null
13:33 cait maybe something you'd need to catch
13:34 alex_a ashimema: rebased!
13:34 ashimema cheers
13:36 andreashm joined #koha
13:36 * andreashm waves
13:37 andreashm Hi marseille peep, and all others (like me) who are not there.
13:37 andreashm peeps
13:38 LibraryClaire1 joined #koha
13:38 kmlussier joined #koha
13:38 atheia hi andreashm :-)
13:38 EricGosselin joined #koha
13:38 kidclamp updated Joubu
13:40 andreashm hi atheia! at the hackfest?
13:40 atheia Yup!
13:40 andreashm nice.
13:40 andreashm wish I was there too. =)
13:48 * cait sends chocolate to all the non-hackfesters
13:50 cait atheia: where are our updates? and what's witht he paper on the wall? :)
13:51 magnuse hiya andreashm
13:52 tcohen thanks, cait
13:52 * cait has some chocolate herself
13:53 andreashm oh, chocolate!
13:53 wahanui reiveune ate them all
13:53 reiveune :)
13:53 andreashm hiya ciat, magnuse, tcohen!
13:53 andreashm cait
13:53 * tcohen wants pictures from cheese day
13:54 * Joubu wants the smell of cheese day
13:55 sophie_m joined #koha
13:55 * magnuse wants the cheese of cheese day
13:55 magnuse ...and the cheesiness
13:56 magnuse i think i must procure a few nice cheeses in time for the day and have a bit of a feast anyway
13:57 magnuse andreashm: life and other customers keep getting in my way, but I still hope to have something semantic to look at before the week is over
13:57 rsantellan joined #koha
13:57 rsantellan good morning #koha
13:58 andreashm magnuse: brilliant!
14:01 atheia cait: updates!? eek, well — patches are being signed off; I'm feeling irate at sandboxes
14:01 atheia And I'm preparing stuff for stockrotation and ILL.
14:01 atheia The papers on the wall are scheduled presentations!
14:01 atheia Also, check out
14:01 atheia[…]point-of-checkout
14:01 talljoy joined #koha
14:01 atheia Oh sorry
14:01 cait atheia: yeah they are not readable on the photos :)
14:01 atheia[…]ackest-2017-hfk17
14:02 atheia It's where signoffs & QA's at for bugs.
14:03 atheia Ah — do you want a higher res pic?
14:03 * ashimema looks at that qa queue
14:03 rsantellan I have a question about moving from koha 16.05 to 16.11. I'm missing the dependency on Can't locate Koha/SearchEngine/ on the
14:04 magnuse bonjour talljoy! reached marseille yet?
14:04 talljoy oui!
14:04 talljoy just made it to the Biblibre office
14:04 magnuse woohoo!
14:04 magnuse welcome ;-)
14:11 AdamB joined #koha
14:14 andreashm joined #koha
14:15 andreashm has it been decided which day is RDF day?
14:19 cait rsantellan: odd - how did you update?
14:21 rsantellan git checkout origin/16.11.x
14:22 cait so you are running a git install?
14:22 rsantellan change the apt file to stable
14:22 wahanui rsantellan: that doesn't look right
14:22 wahanui joined #koha
14:22 cait with or without plack?
14:22 rsantellan with plack
14:22 cait that's not a dependency i think, it's a Koha module
14:22 cait so something else is wrong
14:22 ashimema eythian are you attending yapc::europe by any chance?
14:22 rsantellan I run it by hand on the koha-shell and it worked
14:23 cait did you restat plack?
14:23 cait yeah, always run the installer on the koha-shell with plack and git
14:24 rsantellan I had the vm shut down, I change the branch and then start it up. Plack save the data from the last session? Do you have to restart plack even when you are restarting the machine?
14:27 CrispyBran joined #koha
14:28 cait not sure if you do a vm shut down not only pause it that should probably work
14:28 cait but still runnign from koha-shell is the way to go
14:31 ashimema alex_a.. that';; be a nice one to get off the pile ;) passed qa
14:31 rsantellan cait: alright, I will do that from now on! Thanks a lot!
14:33 magnuse hm, if you enable emailLibrarianWhenHoldIsPlaced is there a way to get email only when a hold is placed on an on shelf item? or should this be left off and use the "holds to pull" report instead?
14:34 cait i'd recommend the latter
14:34 cait the feature is quite limited
14:34 cait it hink also not unproblematic for multi-branch systems
14:34 cait ok... linux question
14:34 cait how do i get a list of files from a directory that matches a certain criteria like 'contains word x'?
14:35 magnuse cait:  grep "x" *
14:36 magnuse and thanks
14:36 cait that looks inside the file :)
14:36 cait i just want the files with the names
14:36 matts find . -name '*x*'
14:37 cait looks good
14:37 cait thx matts!
14:37 cait magnuse++ matts++
14:37 alex_a ashimema: thx
14:37 matts -iname if you want it case insensitive
14:37 cait working well enough
14:37 cait trying to get a list of languaguge codes from the po directory
14:38 Joubu -depth 1?
14:38 cait it's ok for now it hink - thx!
14:40 cait hm actually, still something wrong
14:40 cait i still get all files listed
14:40 cait ?
14:40 cait i just wanted a list of all... say opac po files
14:41 cait without the others
14:41 cait ls -l  *opac* ... sorry
14:42 magnuse ls *opac*
14:42 magnuse ls -1 | cut -d'-' -f1,2 | sort | uniq | grep -v -e ".po" -e opac -e staff -e marc
14:42 magnuse so many ways to skin the proverbial cat...
14:43 andreashm General question: Do you think there are any other libraries that would be interested in seperate (split) hold queues, rather than just one as today, when for example hold fulfillment is limited by itemtype or pickup location is same as home library?
14:43 cait yeah and i treid lots of things,... but not the most simple :)
14:43 magnuse @quote get 123
14:43 wahanui
14:43 huginn` magnuse: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
14:43 cait andreashm: split, how?
14:44 andreashm cait: for the same bib. When you request a hold for a specific item type, that patron isn't on hold for everything, just the books that are of that item type.
14:44 andreashm we see this as two hold queues.
14:46 andreashm Item type A can have three holds, and type B only one. And if the one for B came in last, it will show in Koha and number 4. This confuses the hell out of our patrons, where they sometime think they will wait a long time for a hold, when in reality it might be a week.
14:47 cait hm not sure i can't follow right now
14:47 cait are you using the holds to pull or the holds queue?
14:47 andreashm Holds queue.
14:47 wahanui rumour has it holds queue is to do with that table
14:48 cait so you want to see all holds instead of one,is that it?
14:49 andreashm nope, just show them as several queues.
14:49 andreashm like: "Book title" item type A (3), item type B (1).
14:49 andreashm today it show was "Book title" (4)
14:50 cait sorry, not getting it :(
14:50 andreashm Not explaining it very well.
14:52 andreashm Humm, thinking of how to explain it differently.
14:59 ashimema you mean item level holds as opposed to bib level holds basically andreashm.. right?
14:59 andreashm its the same for the preference "same pickup library is item's home library".
14:59 ashimema oh.. perhaps now
15:00 ashimema s/now/not
15:00 andreashm ashimema: not quite.
15:00 ashimema taking location into account
15:00 andreashm say your public library also has a school library affiliated with it. books from there should not be sent to other branches for hold, and vice versa.
15:01 andreashm ashimema: location (branch in this case) and/or item type
15:01 ashimema so basically split by how a hold can be forfilled
15:03 AdamB joined #koha
15:03 TGoat joined #koha
15:04 andreashm joined #koha
15:04 andreashm damn, got disconnected.
15:04 andreashm but ashimema, yes exactly!
15:05 ashimema did that also clarify it for you cait?
15:05 ashimema I can see it being helpful.. though I can also see if being challenging to impliment
15:05 andreashm when hold fulfillment syspref are set to allow, it doesn't make sense (at least to us) to have one hold queue. We are wondering if anyone else thinks the same. =)
15:05 jac joined #koha
15:06 cait sorry, have to concentrate on something here, will read back
15:07 andreashm ashimema: possibly. I've spoken to khall about it a little and he seems to think it can be done (at least "virtually", i.e. showing it as seperate hold queues in staff/opac, while it is still only one queue beneath). He was not sure about what the community would think of it though. Hence my quick question here. =)
15:08 LibraryClaire joined #koha
15:09 khall andreashm: ashimema: yeah, it would require a pretty significant re-engineering of the holds system to have multiple holds queues per record. Would you agree ashimema?
15:09 ashimema perhaps ask the mailing list.. I think more librarians read that ?
15:10 khall that's a capital idea
15:10 ashimema I think so.. I'm not entirely sure..
15:10 ashimema but yeah.. I think it's worth asking on the mailing list for comments as to whether it's broadly usefull.. I'm coming at it from a dev perspective so can't really comment on the librarian side andreashm
15:10 ashimema :)
15:11 khall andreashm: I think ashimema has a good idea. Put it out on the mailing list and see if there are other libraries out there that would use such a feature
15:12 andreashm Sounds great khall (and ashimema)!
15:12 jbeno joined #koha
15:13 andreashm will write an e-mail to the list.
15:13 andreashm thanks for the input guys!
15:14 sophie_m joined #koha
15:14 andreashm ashimema++
15:15 andreashm khall++
15:15 ashimema :)
15:17 cait i think my brain is not ready for holds today
15:18 barrc joined #koha
15:19 andreashm cait: that's how I feel most days. =)
15:19 matts He's holding you back !
15:19 matts badum-tss
15:19 barrc Hey, has anyone come across koha indexing borrower details in the biblio search index??? Eg, a catalogue search for a borrower name gets a hit on the borrower that has the item checked out!?
15:20 cait that#s not possible
15:20 cait unless you have the name in an item field for example
15:20 cait internal note?
15:20 wahanui internal note is not displayed in the opac
15:20 barrc yup, that's what I though. but it is happening!
15:20 cait it really can't
15:20 cait technically not possible, unless you have it in the data
15:20 cait zebra indexes marc - it would have to be in a marc field
15:20 cait check items
15:21 cait and the marcxml
15:21 wahanui the marcxml is a representation of the usmarc in xml
15:21 barrc have checked almost everywhere, not certain about items though, I will check that (although not sure where or have the information could be getting in there)
15:22 cait my first thought would still be internal note or something like this
15:22 cait also, if you have IncludeSeeFromInSearches - check the linked authorities for the name
15:22 barrc if the item gets checked in the search doesn't match though
15:22 cait becaus they get pulled into the search
15:23 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #127: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/127/
15:23 jenkins * kyle: Bug 18275: Regression test
15:23 jenkins * kyle: Bug 18275: Do not rely on CGI param userid to log a user in if auth is
15:23 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18275 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , security vulnerabilities
15:24 barrc IncludeSeeFromInSearches is disabled.
15:25 drojf khall: could you please push 18222 and 18243 soon? they are just fixes for tests and make the nightly builds happy
15:25 khall will do drojf!
15:26 drojf khall: awesome, thanks!
15:36 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 18222 - Fix tests broken by Buug 18026 <[…]50888c595f48205f5> / Bug 18243: 16034 follow-up: Conditionally test Koha::ExternalContent::* modules loading <[…]2df92225b45548c9d> / Bug 18243: 16034 follow-up: better handling of absence of WebService::ILS::Ov
15:54 AdamB joined #koha
15:57 cait everyone gone already?
15:57 matts nope
15:57 matts Still there
15:57 cait so quiet
15:58 matts Almost beer-o-clock though :)
15:59 oleonard Please raise a glass to sad missing comrades.
16:00 * kidclamp will do that oleonard
16:00 matts will do :)
16:03 eythian ashimema: I haven't given it any thought, but I probably should.
16:04 * ashimema is hoping to attend and wondered who he might know there
16:04 eythian drojf: yeah, thought that was the case.
16:04 drojf nobody is beering. french clocks are broken
16:05 LibraryClaire my brain is beering
16:05 * ashimema would like to beer
16:05 * ashimema wishes the hackfest gang happy berring
16:05 ashimema s/berring/beering
16:07 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
16:09 * cait is immune to all the beer talk
16:09 cait maybe that's my secret super power....
16:10 eythian you should trade it in for a better superpower
16:10 reiveune bye
16:10 reiveune left #koha
16:15 matts hackfest attendees, do you want to have a beer? We were thinking about going to a different spot, for a change.
16:15 cait !
16:18 matts There:[…]6656!9m2!1b1!2i38
16:19 LibraryClaire left #koha
16:21 matts bye
16:26 AdamB joined #koha
16:26 fridolin left #koha
16:30 JesseM joined #koha
16:38 TGoat joined #koha
16:41 laurence left #koha
16:51 sophie_m left #koha
16:58 JesseM joined #koha
17:12 francharb joined #koha
17:17 barrc left #koha
17:19 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #128: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/128/
17:19 jenkins * kyle: Bug 18243: 16034 follow-up: better handling of absence of
17:19 jenkins * kyle: Bug 18243: 16034 follow-up: Conditionally test Koha::ExternalContent::*
17:19 jenkins * kyle: Bug 18222 - Fix tests broken by Buug 18026
17:19 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18243 normal, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , Bug 16034 follow-up: better handling of absence of WebService::ILS::OverDrive::Patron at testing
17:19 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18222 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, olli-antti.kivilahti, Passed QA , Fix tests broken by Bug 18026
17:20 AdamB joined #koha
17:29 Darwin_IT joined #koha
17:34 tcohen joined #koha
17:36 AdamB joined #koha
17:38 tcohen joined #koha
17:39 cait left #koha
18:00 StomproJosh joined #koha
18:00 oleonard_ joined #koha
18:04 ibeardslee joined #koha
18:11 cait joined #koha
18:25 barton hey, I was talking to kidclamp; he said that the issues concerning sysprefs like intranetuserjs and opacuserjs not being updated without restarting plack had been resolved in master -- does anyone know the bug number for that? I've tried grepping the release notes for 'plack' and 'syspref' as well as bugzilla searches for the same -- I'm coming up empty.
18:27 barton does this ring a bell with anybody?
18:29 eythian maybe look in relation to "cache" or "caching" too
18:29 eythian (just speculating, I have no real info.)
18:39 rocio_mtg joined #koha
19:44 TGoat-ConfPrep left #koha
20:03 * magnuse wonders what all the cool people in marseille are doing
20:05 * cait tries not to :)
20:11 magnuse well we who are not in marseille are doing pretty cool things too, right cait?
20:11 cait um .. sure?
20:11 magnuse i, for one, am doing a security upgrade of my customers, for example
20:12 magnuse pretty darn cool
20:12 cait :)
20:12 cait I pushed stuff
20:12 magnuse yay
20:12 cait and had home made red lentil soup
20:12 magnuse high five!
20:12 * magnuse should be translating
20:13 magnuse but its soooo booooring...
20:13 cait :)
20:13 cait stop putting it off for so long, than it won't build up as much ;)
20:13 magnuse that is certainly true
20:14 magnuse but i had other stuff to do...
20:14 magnuse and its soooo booooring...
20:14 cait hehe
20:35 StomproJ joined #koha
20:37 meliss1 joined #koha
20:37 kholt_ joined #koha
20:37 JoshB_ joined #koha
20:37 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
20:38 AdamB_ joined #koha
20:38 barbara joined #koha
20:39 wahanui joined #koha
20:39 phasefx_ joined #koha
20:46 AdamB left #koha
21:10 JoshB left #koha
21:14 JesseM joined #koha
21:14 kholt joined #koha
22:07 TGoat joined #koha
22:13 kholt joined #koha
22:24 magnuse joined #koha
22:37 Francesca joined #koha
23:44 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary