IRC log for #koha, 2016-11-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:06 Francesca joined #koha
00:25 dcook Question...
00:25 wahanui question is "What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?"
00:25 dcook What version of Debian are we currently supporting?
00:25 dcook Debian Jessie being the main one, while still technically backwards compatible with Debian Wheezy?
00:25 dcook I guess that's what https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ki/Koha_on_Debian says
00:27 wizzyrea wheezy is still supported but not for things like plack (i think)
00:27 dcook Ahh cool cool
00:27 dcook Yeah, I think for RDF stuff Debian Jessie will be better
00:28 dcook magnuse and me are hoping to add some linked data stuff :3
00:28 dcook Maybe we should write a RFC... I feel like we've nearly reached a plan, so it could be good to share with other peeps
00:30 Francesca @wunder wlg
00:30 huginn Francesca: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 19.0°C (1:00 PM NZDT on November 22, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 64%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
00:31 dcook @wunder syd
00:31 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, Australia is 31.0°C (11:00 AM AEDT on November 22, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 35%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 29.92 in 1013 hPa (Falling).
00:31 * dcook blinks
00:45 * Francesca waves at dcook
00:46 dcook heya Francesca :)
00:46 dcook @wunder syd
00:46 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, Australia is 32.0°C (11:30 AM AEDT on November 22, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 33%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 29.92 in 1013 hPa (Steady).
00:46 dcook O_O
00:46 dcook I suppose 32 isn't that hot
00:46 * dcook says from his air conditioned office
00:46 Francesca lol
00:46 Francesca it feels very hot in wellington atm
00:46 Francesca @wunder wlg
00:46 huginn Francesca: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 20.0°C (1:30 PM NZDT on November 22, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 60%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Falling).
01:21 mtj joined #koha
01:21 rhamby joined #koha
01:21 ibeardslee joined #koha
01:21 BobB joined #koha
01:21 edveal joined #koha
01:22 JesseM_away joined #koha
01:22 shakalaka joined #koha
01:22 Sirenia joined #koha
01:28 dbs joined #koha
02:27 dcook @seen drojf
02:27 huginn dcook: drojf was last seen in #koha 16 hours, 7 minutes, and 44 seconds ago: <drojf> [off] we got telekom at the office. can't reach it from o2 at home
02:41 dcook @later tell drojf Hey, Mirko. Sending you an email from my personal email, so hopefully you don't weed it out as spam :p
02:41 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
03:02 BobB joined #koha
03:27 wizzyrea hi
03:28 kidclamp hi
03:28 wahanui salut, kidclamp
05:12 mario joined #koha
05:20 sameeenz joined #koha
05:50 edveal_ joined #koha
05:50 misilot_ joined #koha
05:51 JesseM_away joined #koha
05:51 deb-CSPL joined #koha
06:18 deb-CSPL joined #koha
06:32 cait joined #koha
06:40 drojf joined #koha
06:41 drojf morning #koha
06:47 BobB joined #koha
06:52 rocio_afk left #koha
06:58 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:58 LibraryClaire morning #koha
06:59 drojf guten morgen BüchereiKlara
06:59 LibraryClaire moin drojf
07:00 * LibraryClaire slinks away to find caffeine
07:09 laurence joined #koha
07:27 sophie_m joined #koha
07:36 deb-CSPL joined #koha
07:47 fridolin joined #koha
07:47 fridolin hie there
07:51 reiveune joined #koha
07:52 LibraryClaire hi fridolin
07:52 reiveune hello
07:52 wahanui hey, reiveune
07:52 LibraryClaire hi reiveune
07:52 reiveune salut LibraryClaire
07:53 * fridolin waves
07:54 fridolin having coffeeeeeeee
07:54 alex_a joined #koha
07:54 alex_a bonjour
07:54 wahanui hey, alex_a
07:55 LibraryClaire hi alex_a
07:55 LibraryClaire fridolin: just finished mine. Not sure it had as good an effect as yours ;)
08:01 fridolin ;)
08:01 alex_a hello LibraryClaire
08:03 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:13 * magnuse waves
08:15 LibraryClaire hey magnuse
08:15 magnuse guten tag BüchereiKlara
08:15 LibraryClaire o/
08:15 magnuse am freitag fahren wir nach hamburg!
08:16 LibraryClaire schön :)
08:19 magnuse ja, aber doch!
08:20 laurence1 joined #koha
08:21 alex_a joined #koha
08:27 Joubu release day?
08:28 Joubu with Jenkins happy, that's great :)
08:29 Joubu fyi: .perl won't be executed on kohadevbox, see bug 17666
08:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17666 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , .perl atomic update does not work under kohadevbox
08:34 rkrimme1 joined #koha
08:34 fridolin ah today is releeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase
08:37 drojf fridolin: wow. i want your coffee
08:37 drojf :P
08:38 fridolin :) i use a hand crushing machine and a italian coffee pot
08:38 fridolin it takes 10 min for one coffee but its sooooo goooood
08:39 fridolin and you can make it <strong/>
08:39 cait joined #koha
08:43 cait Joubu++
08:44 * LibraryClaire has more coffee
08:45 LibraryClaire it's still nto as good as fridolin 's
08:47 wilfrid joined #koha
08:51 * magnuse dos not drink coffee. is weird.
08:55 drojf has anyone ever announced anywhere that wheezy support was deprecated and we don't support it any longer from the new release on?
08:57 cait hmm
08:57 cait i think we might have decided on that in a meeting
08:57 drojf it was supposed to go in some release notes after that. IIRC
08:57 drojf but no idea if that happened
08:57 cait possible, not sure if we managed that
08:58 cait we could still do it for this release
08:58 drojf i have not seen it in the new release notes
08:58 cait http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-13-14.08.html
08:58 cait there is the decision
08:58 cait july... so it has to go in THIS release notes
08:59 cait right?
08:59 cait i'd send him a reminder or kyle thorugh the mailing list
08:59 magnuse cait++
09:01 cait heh, I didn't volunteer!
09:01 alex_a joined #koha
09:02 Joubu @later tell khall next release notes should mention that we drop the wheezy support
09:02 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
09:03 Joubu something like that?
09:03 cait @later tell khall http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-13-14.08.html
09:03 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
09:04 Joubu @later tell khall I think we need bugs 17626, 17278, 17609 for the release. They are very small changes
09:04 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
09:05 Joubu @later tell khall and bug 17391
09:05 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
09:05 Joubu QAers: all these ones are waiting for QA
09:12 cait ew
09:14 Francesca joined #koha
09:18 Joubu What means "standing orders"?
09:19 alex_a joined #koha
09:19 Joubu Are we suppose not to be able to create items even if items are created when ordering?
09:19 cait the order stays open
09:20 cait yeah i think you receive... and receive again... and again
09:20 LibraryClaire yes
09:20 cait it never 'finishes' as long as it's a standing order
09:20 Joubu so bug 16984 is not a bug?
09:20 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16984 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, REOPENED , Acquisitions broken
09:20 Joubu a part the JS error
09:21 cait i haven't tested it so far
09:21 cait have you checked the initital test plan?
09:21 Joubu which test plan?
09:22 Joubu the one from bug 15531?
09:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15531 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Pushed to Master , Add support for standing orders
09:22 cait i thin it might not work for acqcreateitem on order
09:22 cait hm
09:22 cait which woudl be odd because i am pretty sure i would have tested that
09:22 cait it's the standard scneario
09:23 cait maybe it shoudl just allow to add items on receive, no matter the setting
09:23 cait i talked to jesse about that one when testing, so not all things he told me ended up in the bug comments :(
09:24 Joubu "Add an order to this basket, and notice that the quantity field is missing"
09:24 cait https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?id=15531#c14 < looks like not showing the item form might be ok
09:24 huginn Bug 15531: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Pushed to Master , Add support for standing orders
09:24 Joubu it's not missing, it's disabled and set to 1
09:24 cait it kinda makes sense if you think this is for serials and continuing things
09:24 cait you might not want to add items for those at all
09:24 cait just track the expense
09:25 cait similar to how the subscription order does not create items
09:26 Joubu ok, so we just need to get rid of the JS error
09:28 cait hm I think so
09:29 Joubu If I cancel the receipt, the quantity of the original order is increased
09:35 cait hm, not sure about that
09:36 cait it seems unnecessary
09:40 Joubu I created a bug, link to 15531
09:42 cait bug 15531
09:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15531 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Pushed to Master , Add support for standing orders
10:12 AndrewIsh mornin' #koha
10:13 AndrewIsh does anyone know if any work has been done on creating a standardised JS library for talking to the restful api endpoints?
10:14 AndrewIsh we're in the process of creating an endpoint, well @ashimema is, for the stock rotation feature we're currently working on
10:14 AndrewIsh i'm creating the frontend for it, and don't want to write a bunch of bespoke JS for talking to it if it'll be deprecated shortly
10:16 Joubu AndrewIsh: I think we are still waiting for Kyle to submit the work he did at the hackfest
10:17 ashimema indeed.. I'm wondering whats happened to khall's branch
10:17 ashimema @later tell khall Is there a branch for your cities ui work anywhere yet?
10:17 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
10:17 Joubu did you check it out?
10:17 Joubu yes there is
10:18 ashimema it's not linked from anywhere
10:18 AndrewIsh Joubu:  OK, fair enough. I got the impression that Kyle's work, although v impressive, was more a proof of concept than setting up and standardised libraries
10:18 ashimema it is?
10:18 AndrewIsh s/and/any
10:18 ashimema proof of concept with the hope it would be followed up as the defacto standard ;)
10:18 Joubu bug 17297
10:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17297 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Give librarians the ability to add messages to an item
10:19 AndrewIsh ashimema:  Indeed
10:19 Joubu branch is at[…]its/cities_editor
10:19 AndrewIsh Joubu:  Ah, great, thanks, was looking for that! :)
10:19 ashimema cheers
10:20 Joubu note that first line of the diff is certainly wrong
10:20 Joubu -    delete $L1_cache{$self->{namespace}};
10:21 AndrewIsh Oh, of course, it's all React based. Sooooo, did we get any final decision on using React?
10:21 Joubu I am out for this "discussion"
10:22 Joubu but nothing happened since the hackfest afaik
10:22 AndrewIsh Hmmmm, tbh, with this Stock Rotation piece, we're only making a single PATCH call to a single endpoint. I'm thinking I'll just do it via jQuery for now, rather than adopt something that brings in a load of dependencies that may not go anywhere.
10:22 ashimema it seemed well received at hackfest.. but it needs a couple of people to really push it forward
10:23 ashimema and become 'champions' for it..
10:23 AndrewIsh But it's tied up with other stuff like frontend build processes (the Webpack work that @oleonard was doing)
10:25 Joubu I don't really have all of that in mind atm. Today is release day and I am focussing (too late) on bugfixes and catching bugs.
10:25 ashimema indeed
10:25 Joubu If you are interested in the discussion, you should bring the discussion soon just after the release
10:25 Joubu and try to find a consensus
10:25 Joubu reach*
10:25 ashimema which reminds me.. i was going to re-QA that bug that had a failing test after my last QA joubu
10:26 ashimema no idea how I missed that.. i'm sure they passed for me first time around :(
10:26 Joubu first step would be to agree/disagree and improve (or not if it's pecfect) Kyle's patch
10:26 ashimema totally agree.. lets bring it up at the next dev meeting..
10:27 Joubu ashimema: same for me, I don't know how I missed that, but looking at the code it could not have passed
10:27 AndrewIsh Joubu:  Yep, fair enough :)
10:27 ashimema mm
10:27 ashimema yeah.. I read your fix..
10:27 ashimema I must have done somthing odd :(
10:27 ashimema really should have caught it
10:28 cait ashimema: Joubu shared a list of bugs that need urgent qa
10:29 cait are you available to look at some maybe?
10:29 cait Joubu: @later tell khall I think we need bugs 17626, 17278, 17609 for the release. They are very small changes
10:29 ashimema in a call at the minute.. but am aiming to pick up that list once this call is done
10:29 cait (10:05:37) Joubu: @later tell khall and bug 17391
10:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17391 minor, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Signed Off , ReturnpathDefault and ReplyToDefault missing from syspref.sql
10:29 * ashimema brain can't multitask well enough to do complex stuff whilst in a call..
10:35 ashimema ok..
10:36 ashimema I'll take 17278 (the one I cocked up on first time around)..
10:36 ashimema then I'll work through that list
10:40 kidclamp I'll take 17626
10:47 Lazaros joined #koha
10:47 Lazaros Helloto all!
10:51 Lazaros I want to congradulate everyone for the great work you re doing in koha project and want to contribute a bit as a developer
10:52 kidclamp awesome Lazaros!
10:52 Lazaros At least on some small parts
10:53 Lazaros I have an assignment on my Masters and am also wil be installing and using koha on my institution library
10:53 Lazaros So I just need a fiew guiding points not to get lost or loose a lot of time looking around git
10:55 Joubu Lazaros: I think https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]elopment_workflow is a good entry point
10:56 Joubu https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Coding_Guidelines
10:56 Lazaros kidclamp ;) Joubu thank you I am now reading it
10:59 Lazaros Looks like its gonna take a while!..
11:00 Lazaros and my koha installation failed with apt-get
11:07 Joubu if you are a developer you should take a look at KohaDevBox:
11:09 Lazaros There is a lot of info to read I will go through to see how much of assistance can I offer thank you
11:09 Lazaros right now as I can see a simple apt-get install crashed in a million lines trying to install the default koha db
11:12 Lazaros purging the koha-common package and reinstalling does not fix it. Lets first make a working installation and a git repo to be able to work
11:13 eythian you need to post the actual errors into a pastebin if you want input on solving it :)
11:15 Lazaros eythian no need will solve it, just commenting :) thanks ;)
11:42 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 17616: (follow-up)Select tag on elasticsearch mappings page is not closed properly <[…]f1bb3d139f390445d> / Bug 17616: Select tag on elasticsearch mappings page is not closed properly <[…]d151a307ee8e8fb86> / Bug 17086: Reword borrowers to patrons in Swag
11:52 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 17391 - DBRev <[…]648f2434b49909141> / Bug 17391 (QA Followup) use INSERT INGORE in atomicupdate <[…]7da7a449d98ce8aca> / Bug 17391: Fix number of values in sysprefs.sql <[…]mitdiff;h=49f8e05
12:14 rsantellan joined #koha
12:14 rsantellan good morning #koha
12:16 Lazaros good morning #rsantellian
12:45 Joubu khall: Hi! Ready to release today?
12:45 khall yep!
12:45 Joubu khall: Do you need any help?
12:46 khall I don't think so, but I'll let you know if I run into any problems.
12:46 Joubu l
12:46 Joubu ok
12:48 khall Joubu: I'll make sure those bugs you latered me about make it in
12:49 oleonard joined #koha
12:50 Joubu khall: maybe bug 8835 as well
12:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8835 minor, P5 - low, ---,, Passed QA , Two indexes on biblioitems.issn
12:52 meliss joined #koha
12:55 jzairo joined #koha
13:01 alex_a joined #koha
13:03 * magnuse does a happydance
13:07 oleonard I haven't seen one of those in a while magnuse
13:07 kidclamp joined #koha
13:07 magnuse i know i have not done one in a while...
13:07 magnuse the sco thing is done
13:07 magnuse (i think)
13:08 magnuse demo at
13:08 oleonard Oh yeah I was just looking at your demo.
13:08 magnuse some of my problems were conflicts between jquery and bootstrap
13:08 magnuse so i went for bootstrap tabs
13:08 oleonard I think it looks good. You should run it through an HTML validator though
13:09 magnuse that might be a good idea, yeah
13:12 magnuse hm, some improperly nested elements
13:13 marcelr joined #koha
13:13 marcelr hi #koha
13:15 oleonard Hi marcelr
13:15 marcelr hi oleonard
13:15 wahanui hi oleopard
13:16 kidclamp hi oleopard
13:20 khall ashimema:[…]ree/cities_editor
13:20 khall @later tell ashimema[…]ree/cities_editor go crazy with it ; )
13:20 huginn khall: The operation succeeded.
13:21 ashimema :)
13:22 kmlussier joined #koha
13:23 * cait waves at khall
13:23 khall mornin cait!
13:36 nengard joined #koha
13:38 marcelr hi khall
13:38 khall mornin!
13:38 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
13:46 rsantellan joined #koha
13:57 NateC joined #koha
14:05 NateC joined #koha
14:05 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:08 * LibraryClaire waves
14:13 JoshB joined #koha
14:23 kidclamp joined #koha
14:25 z0k joined #koha
15:09 alex_a_ joined #koha
15:15 edveal Hello #koha
15:17 Viktor_ joined #koha
15:28 jbeno joined #koha
15:56 mario joined #koha
16:02 LibraryClaire left #koha
16:02 drojf khall: is there an ETA for the release today?
16:03 khall drojf: should be within the next 4 hours
16:04 drojf khall: w00t!
16:05 marcelr khall++
16:06 reiveune bye
16:06 reiveune left #koha
16:06 marcelr bye all
16:08 TGoat joined #koha
16:17 fridolin left #koha
16:22 rocio joined #koha
16:33 LibraryClaire joined #koha
16:56 stella joined #koha
17:18 mario joined #koha
17:27 laurence1 left #koha
17:59 mario joined #koha
18:03 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: DBRev <[…]a9f2fbe12adf22c8d> / Merge remote-tracking branch 'translations/16.11.0-translate' into HEAD <[…]40d9bebe1de739f59> / Add release notes for the 16.11.00 release <[…]diff;h=2f5237c167
18:05 rsantellan joined #koha
18:05 drojf smells like release in here
18:16 cait hehe
18:18 bag any koha mailing list moderators here?  NateC has a message that is held up
18:20 cait probably too late if it's biblibre hosted - not sure who can moderate actually
18:21 drojf the main list is not biblibre
18:22 drojf rangi can i guess, don't know who else
18:27 rsantellan hi, sorry to interrupt the liberation process! but is there any documentation about AOI-PMH queries?
18:35 drojf bag: but the easier way is to send it from an email address that is subscribed to the list. or is it held back for another reason?
18:37 bag non-member
18:39 cait resend from subscribed email? :)
18:40 cait rsantellan: old manual, found the link on the wiki, but the links there might be helpful: http://manual.koha-community.o[…]ion.html#oaiprefs
18:41 rsantellan cait: thanks!
18:44 rsantellan I'm trying to create different metadata prefixes, I'll have to read all the docs to see how that works!
18:46 cait left #koha
19:26 drojf rsantellan: you can define sets for OAI-PMH. does that not do what you want?
19:27 rsantellan drojf: yes that is what I want, but I don' know where to define them
19:27 drojf rsantellan: administration > OAI sets configuration
19:28 drojf you have to add a set and then define a mapping
19:30 rsantellan thanks you! so easy but not so well documented on the 16.05 manual
19:30 rsantellan only a link to where to find it will be really great!
19:35 cait joined #koha
19:38 drojf rsantellan: http://translate.koha-communit[…]op/#oaisetsconfig
19:50 rsantellan drojf: thanks,  I have a error on Base class package "Koha::Object" is empty I will try it on master if it occurs
19:56 rsantellan drojf: if I could draw a big face palm ss what I'm doing right now! I forgot the the koha-shell (facepalm)!! thanks for the help!
20:02 pastebot "drojf" at pasted "16.11 package install error" (6 lines) at
20:03 drojf khall bag is that something i should be concerned about? ^
20:04 rangi bag: there are currently 276 emails from non-members .. wadiing my way through them now
20:04 rangi im seriously considering just switching to bouncing all non members, instead of moderating
20:05 rangi but ill let through NateC's when I find it
20:05 NateC rangi can you please make me a member so I don't have to worry about this in the future?
20:06 rangi i can, or you could subscribe yourself :)
20:06 NateC or let me know if it is something I need to do
20:06 rangi that :)
20:06 NateC Im pretty sure I am subscribed which is weird
20:06 NateC but ill do it again
20:06 rangi must be from a different address
20:07 rangi NateC: you are subscribe from sales@ address
20:07 NateC ah ok ill do it from the nate@ address now. thanks
20:07 NateC should I re-send the message?
20:07 rangi nope ill find it and let it through
20:08 rangi got it
20:08 rangi on its way now
20:08 NateC Thanks!
20:09 rangi is kyle about?
20:09 drojf news says 16.05 released
20:10 rangi ping khall
20:10 rangi ill fix that :)
20:10 drojf thanks!
20:10 rangi also, attachments dont work with the mailing list, so he might want to send that mail again with a link to the news instead
20:10 rangi (3000+ people on the list now, attachments/big messages can clog that right up)
20:11 drojf ah was it held back too? because i was waiting
20:11 drojf and then it said it came an hour ago
20:11 rangi yeah too many recipients, looks like spam
20:11 drojf ok
20:11 rangi let it through, but no attachment
20:12 drojf what is the correct url then?
20:12 rangi
20:12 drojf thx
20:12 rangi just fixinated
20:16 eythian[…]fying-book-curses <-- IMPORTANT NEWS FOR LIBRARIANS
20:17 rangi heh
20:17 eythian He should sub the sales address but set it to nomail perhaps
20:19 drojf eythian: on major release, did you just put the new stable package into the repo stable pocket or do magical cleaning and cloning rituals? i will clean up some things anyway, but would rather do that later
20:20 drojf throwing 16.11 over 16.05 works alright as far as i can tell. but the dep packages are not 100% the same in stable and oldstable
20:25 eythian drojf: no rituals, just rebuilt things into new pockets as needed
20:28 drojf i found 4 packages that were missing in oldstable and linked them from stable
20:28 drojf lazy
20:29 drojf so i'd just need to rebuild 16.05.x for oldstable. in theory
20:30 drojf i want to check everything regarding availability in jessie, now that we got rid of wheezy. and move the pocket from "squeeze" to "stable" eventually. but later
20:52 Francesca joined #koha
20:59 bag hiya
20:59 bag thanks rangi - I figured it was something like that.  Sounds like you got NateC all squared away - thanks :)
21:04 kathryn joined #koha
21:26 cait wie offing?
21:31 drojf because it will be gone again soon
21:31 drojf or, moved to the regular one
21:32 cait wonder when [14793] New cataloguing plugin unimarc_field_225a_bis snuck in as new feature
21:32 cait heh
21:32 magnuse joined #koha
21:33 drojf hehe
21:56 drojf good night #koha
22:11 rocio joined #koha
22:11 magnuse joined #koha
22:12 mario joined #koha
22:15 aleisha joined #koha
22:40 kidclamp joined #koha
23:01 papa joined #koha
23:06 JoshB left #koha
23:14 irma joined #koha
23:39 kidclamp :-)
23:42 Francesca joined #koha
23:43 aleisha joined #koha
23:53 rocio joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary