IRC log for #koha, 2016-10-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:59 irma joined #koha
01:36 Francesca joined #koha
01:39 Francesca joined #koha
02:15 Francesca joined #koha
04:01 Francesca joined #koha
04:25 Francesca joined #koha
05:19 JoshB joined #koha
05:32 * magnuse waves
05:33 magnuse @wunder boo
05:33 magnuse @wunder marseille
05:33 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 12.0°C (7:20 AM CEST on October 05, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 62%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Pressure: 30.77 in 1042 hPa (Steady).
05:33 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Lotissement le Pitalugue, Vitrolles, France is 13.7°C (7:32 AM CEST on October 05, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 72%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 30.14 in 1021 hPa (Falling).
05:35 Francesca joined #koha
05:43 cait joined #koha
05:47 laurence joined #koha
05:53 Francesca joined #koha
06:22 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:22 LibraryClaire morning #koha
06:34 fridolin joined #koha
06:35 drojf joined #koha
06:36 drojf mrnng
06:36 fridolin hie there
06:38 LibraryClaire drojf: not a fan of vowels this morning?
06:38 LibraryClaire hi fridolin
06:38 fridolin hie
06:39 drojf LibraryClaire: np
06:39 drojf Lbrryclr
06:41 LibraryClaire :P
06:42 drf bttr
06:44 drojf that was fun, now back to work :(
06:44 LibraryClaire ho li day
06:44 drojf soon
06:45 cait joined #koha
06:45 gaetan_B joined #koha
06:45 gaetan_B hello
06:46 drojf hi cait and gaetan_B, right in time for vowels
06:46 cait morning
06:47 LibraryClaire morning cait, gaetan_B :)
06:47 Francesca joined #koha
06:53 manny joined #koha
06:54 reiveune joined #koha
06:55 reiveune hello
06:55 alex_a joined #koha
06:56 Manny joined #koha
06:56 alex_a bonjour
06:57 manny joined #koha
06:58 Mann joined #koha
07:02 sophie_m joined #koha
07:20 * magnuse waves again
07:20 * cait waves too
07:20 drojf hei magnuse
07:24 alex_a_ joined #koha
07:31 Manny joined #koha
07:35 Manny_ joined #koha
07:37 Manny joined #koha
08:13 wilfrid joined #koha
08:18 eythian hi
08:18 eythian @wunder ams
08:18 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Schiphol, Badhoevedorp, Netherlands is 10.2°C (10:07 AM CEST on October 05, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 75%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Pressure: 30.57 in 1035 hPa (Steady).
08:19 eythian we've lost nearly 20° in one month. How unfair.
08:27 LibraryClaire left #koha
08:29 Francesca joined #koha
08:31 magnuse @wunder boo
08:31 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 12.0°C (10:20 AM CEST on October 05, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 72%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.77 in 1042 hPa (Steady).
08:36 Francesca joined #koha
08:51 LibraryClaire joined #koha
08:56 alex_a joined #koha
09:10 banta joined #koha
09:34 kidclamp joined #koha
09:57 thd joined #koha
09:57 Manny joined #koha
09:59 manny joined #koha
10:02 manny joined #koha
10:06 thd Is there an IRC meeting now?
10:09 kidclamp seems like noone is here?
10:10 thd Not here or not awake.
10:10 * ashimema is in meetings at the minute.. but is watching out the corner of his eye
10:10 manny Hi there Koha friends
10:11 thd Who is here for the general IRC meeting?
10:11 manny Manny from the Philippines
10:11 kidclamp I would join
10:12 ashimema cait Joubu ?
10:13 Joubu ashimema: !
10:13 ashimema is there meant to be a meeting.. i just happend to be watching the screen when someone asked ;)
10:14 thd https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]meeting_5_October
10:15 thd The page creator accidentally left the year off the wiki page title but I do not think that is the problem of insufficient attention.
10:19 thd Do we have enough people here to conduct a meeting?
10:20 Joubu I am sorry I am not really around (off today)
10:20 Joubu cait: are you around?
10:21 thd If we do not have an answer then we should defer to next month.
10:21 kidclamp I would thionk so thd
10:22 kidclamp or reschedule
10:23 thd Joubu, ashimema, kidclamp, manny, khall would you prefer to reschedule for later in the month or defer to next month?
10:24 Joubu What are the topics? The wiki page is blank...
10:24 thd https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_7_September_2016
10:25 thd oops
10:25 thd https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]meeting_5_October
10:25 thd The page creator accidentally left the year off the wiki page title but I do not think that is the problem of insufficient attention.
10:26 Joubu ha no it's not
10:27 manny <thd>I'm here to inform you guys about the KohaCon 2017 registration
10:28 thd I note that past practise for low turnout is to defer until the next month.
10:28 kidclamp can you send info out to the koha list manny? or is discussion needed? if so I would say reschedule for when there is a larger group
10:28 manny we can send it to the list
10:28 thd kidclamp++
10:29 Joubu manny: yes I agree, please send your info to the list :)
10:29 manny okay i'll do that
10:30 thd manny: I assume that you have a functioning URI for registration which you can post to the koha mailing list.
10:30 manny yes
10:30 manny a Google form :)
10:32 thd Shall we postpone to Wed. 2 November 2016 20 UTC?
10:34 kidclamp +1
10:34 manny +1
10:37 thd I will be happy to start to gradually have time for Koha again then after my friend's landlord withdrew the case against him.
10:39 kidclamp sounds like good news thd
10:41 thd In the absence of objections, I will create a wiki page for a general IRC meeting Wed. 2 November 2016 20 UTC.
10:42 thd I will also hope that someone will send a reminder to mailing list before next month.
10:42 thd I may be busy reconfiguring my mail server at the time.
10:45 thd I have far too many tasks which I had to suspend while my friends landlord was pursuing him for almost 2 years for the terrible crime of having a wonderful and large home library.
10:46 cait sorry, i forgot :(
10:47 cait too much to do, not enough time
10:47 m23 joined #koha
10:47 thd cait: Is that not a universal condition?
10:48 cait yes, but i not always forget about the meetings - it's a miracle!
10:48 thd :)
10:49 thd cait: In the absence of objections, I will create a wiki page for a general IRC meeting Wed. 2 November 2016 20 UTC.
10:50 cait yes thx
11:04 jzairo joined #koha
11:22 banta joined #koha
11:46 meliss joined #koha
11:51 oleonard joined #koha
11:51 thd cait: Are you still here?
11:52 oleonard Hi all
11:52 thd Hello oleonard
11:54 thd oleonard: I had finally managed to visit Ohio but could not stay long.
11:55 * thd came for the IFLA subject analysis satellite conference
11:58 thd oleonard: Ohio needs more bus service within and between cities.
11:58 oleonard thd: I assume the same can be said about all but the largest cities in the US
11:59 thd oleonard: I am spoilt by generally only visiting the largest ones :)
12:00 thd oleonard: My very long walks around Columbus between bus service were still very pleasant.
12:00 oleonard Columbus? So you were quite near me. 90 minutes away.
12:01 sophie_m joined #koha
12:01 thd Yes, IFLA was held in Columbus.
12:02 oleonard I think I knew that.
12:03 thd I could not afford the IFLA price but the subject analysis satellite conference had no fee and was very informative.
12:03 banta joined #koha
12:22 thd Quit
12:24 sophie_m joined #koha
12:26 janPasi joined #koha
12:27 Bernd_1 joined #koha
12:28 rsantellan joined #koha
12:43 nengard joined #koha
13:02 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:05 banta joined #koha
13:10 JoshB joined #koha
13:15 talljoy joined #koha
13:16 barton|away joined #koha
13:27 JesseM joined #koha
13:28 Bernd_1 joined #koha
13:32 kmlussier joined #koha
13:35 rsantellan good morning #koha
13:38 oleonard Hi rsantellan
13:45 rsantellan One quick question, from where is taken the frameworkcode when editing a biblio? It always take the default one in my case. And on the the table biblio I have the frameworkcode set.
13:56 JesseM joined #koha
13:57 Joubu rsantellan: do you use the advanced editor?
13:58 Joubu see bug 16424
13:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16424 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Advanced editor reverts records back to Default framework
13:58 rsantellan no, the "simple" one
14:04 LibraryClaire left #koha
14:05 m23 joined #koha
14:05 Joubu rsantellan: whatever the value of biblio.frameworkcode, the default one is always used, that's what you say?
14:07 rsantellan Joubu: yes, the wierd part is that if I look up on the MARC tab the framework is display. If I edit it is always the default one
14:09 Joubu and if you change the framework from the edit form?
14:13 rsantellan If I edit the record, change the framework and edit again no framework is selected.
14:14 rsantellan I see the framework on the title but is not selected on the settings
14:18 Joubu it remembers me bug 17206
14:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17206 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Can't switch to default framework
14:29 rsantellan Joubu: I update to now I'm searching the item again to look if now is working
14:33 rsantellan Joubu: is the same. I'm looking on the patch if it leaves something not contemplated
14:35 Joubu rsantellan: if you think it's a bug, please open a bug report
14:38 rsantellan I will check if my data is wrong first and then see if is a bug or my data is the problem
14:41 m23 joined #koha
14:42 oleonard Joubu: I'm trying to set up qa-test-tools in a new VM and I'm getting an error: Can't locate Test/Perl/Critic/ in @INC. But it is installed
14:42 rsantellan Joubu: one question, where is the variable current_framework of file initilizated?
14:44 oleonard rsantellan: It's initialized in the Perl script corresponding to the template into which it is included
14:45 oleonard rsantellan: So there's not one answer
14:45 Joubu oleonard: this is because you did not read the readme or install file ;)
14:45 Joubu you need to install it via cpan
14:45 Joubu cpanm Test::Perl::Critic::Progressive should do the trick
14:46 oleonard :)
14:46 rsantellan oleonard: I'm looking at catalogue/ and is not initialized
14:46 oleonard Joubu: I *did* see that warning in the docs, but thought that step was required later
14:46 oleonard Joubu: My bad.
14:46 Joubu no worries ;)
14:47 Joubu rsantellan: indeed
14:47 Joubu something looks wrong
14:50 rsantellan Joubu: if I do -> grep 'current_framework' * -nr there is only matches on
14:51 mario joined #koha
14:51 Joubu rsantellan: it works for me on master
14:52 Joubu the script does not need to know the frameworkcode, it's a leftover from old code.
14:52 Joubu The script knows what is the framework to use with the biblionumber
14:52 Joubu I am able to edit a record with a frameworkcode=DVD
14:53 Joubu and under the Settings menu I see the correctly framework selected
14:53 Joubu correct*
14:54 rsantellan I'm on branch: origin/16.05.x
14:54 rsantellan I will checkout master and compare
14:56 Joubu don't forget to restart plack
14:56 rsantellan not using plack yet
15:00 fridolin left #koha
15:03 CrispyBran joined #koha
15:04 TGoat joined #koha
15:05 rocio joined #koha
15:16 rsantellan Joubu: can you paste the url of the editing DVD biblio? only the parameters to see if I'm missing the parameter entering or is something with
15:17 Joubu you just need the biblionumber
15:18 Joubu try: select frameworkcode from biblio where biblionumber=?
15:19 Joubu then, select count(*) from biblio_framework where frameworkcode=?
15:19 rsantellan the GetFrameworkCode of C4::Biblio is called and return the correct framework
15:20 rsantellan but is not passing it to the settings options
15:21 rsantellan I found out that the edit url is generated like this:  if I remove &frameworkcode=&op= it all works like a charm
15:23 rsantellan I have compared master with branch 16.05.X and both have the same line: <li><a id="editbiblio" href="/cgi-bin/koha/cataloguin​g/[% biblionumber %]&amp;frameworkcode=[% current_framework %]&amp;op=">Edit record</a></li>
15:24 rsantellan and on master current framework is only defined on
15:34 rsantellan Joubu: I found the problem, if I change the line 713 of from:   if ( $biblionumber and not( defined $frameworkcode) and $op ne 'addbiblio' ); to   if ( $biblionumber and (not( defined $frameworkcode ) or $frameworkcode eq '') and $op ne 'addbiblio' ); works like a charm!!
15:34 rsantellan My problem now is that I don't know if this is a bug or this is supposed to be like this.
15:42 Joubu rsantellan: I think that the good fix would be to remove the frameworkcode from the url, so in the template remove this current_framework useless var
15:43 rsantellan Joubu: op is never set to a value on edit should I remove it also?
15:45 Joubu yes
15:50 laurence left #koha
15:52 rsantellan just added bug: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17405 with the corresponding file to fix it.
15:52 huginn Bug 17405: normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , The creation of the url on is using obsolete current_framework
15:53 reiveune bye
15:53 reiveune left #koha
16:11 oleonard_ joined #koha
16:15 LibraryClaire joined #koha
16:19 banta joined #koha
16:54 oleonard Would it be appropriate to remove links to non-Koha libraries in this list https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]sers/NorthAmerica ?
17:02 m23 joined #koha
17:29 m23 joined #koha
17:32 cait left #koha
17:34 Banta_L joined #koha
17:48 mario joined #koha
17:50 CrispyBran This might be an easy fix for a programmer.  (I'm not a programmer)  https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=16387
17:50 huginn Bug 16387: major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Incorrect loan period calculation when using  decreaseLoanHighHolds feature
17:55 kmlussier joined #koha
17:58 rocio joined #koha
18:03 mario joined #koha
18:03 cdickinson_ joined #koha
18:28 cait joined #koha
18:52 rangi morning
18:53 bag morning rangi
18:54 LibraryClaire hi rangi
18:55 CrispyBran greetings rangi
19:18 kathryn joined #koha
19:25 ExtraCrispyBran Just posted: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17406
19:25 huginn Bug 17406: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Simplify interface - pt.1
19:42 magnuse joined #koha
19:58 mario joined #koha
19:59 meliss joined #koha
19:59 ExtraCrispyBran Just posted: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17409
19:59 huginn Bug 17409: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Remove redundant note fields for payments on
19:59 ExtraCrispyBran https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17408
19:59 huginn Bug 17408: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , should show more information
20:09 ExtraCrispyBran Is there an advantage of having a confirmation on a new page over a modal confirmation?
20:10 rangi you'd want to check the modal is accesible
20:11 rangi a lot of the "improvements" we've made lately make it much harder for a visually impaired user to use Koha, we need to fix that
20:11 magnuse joined #koha
20:12 ExtraCrispyBran Are we keeping a list somewhere of these improvements and how they have made it harder?
20:14 rangi screenreaders don't cope well with on the fly DOM changes, anything were people make something work only with JS is a bad change
20:16 rangi
20:16 rangi is a good tool for finding a bunch
20:19 rangi we should be aiming to pass at least the WCAG 2.0 guidelines, definitely the OPAC and I contend staff client too
20:21 Francesca joined #koha
20:22 rangi we should actually be able to build testing for it, as part of regression testing, that would be pretty neat
20:26 JesseM joined #koha
20:26 Banta_L Out of curiosity: Is there any ongoing effort to convert the staff client away from yui and to bootstrap? And if so are there guidelines for how to contribute ? (I guess this also plays into WCAG support)
20:28 CrispyBran @rangi, thanks for the info.
20:28 huginn CrispyBran: I suck
20:28 rangi no worries, i think in a lot of countries, public/govt sites have to actually comply (by law) so something worth keeping in mind
20:48 mario joined #koha
20:55 rsantellan good night #koha!
21:05 JoshB left #koha
21:41 mario joined #koha
21:50 aleisha_ joined #koha
22:02 Francesca joined #koha
22:19 nnn joined #koha
22:20 nnn we wish to use RFID with our koha. we had proprietary software where RFID was implemented it used NCIP protocol. For getting RFID on on Koha do we need any middleware for circulation of books
22:20 nnn can we not configure koha directly for issue/return through RFID
22:22 rangi easiest is via NCIP or SIP .. that's what those protocols are for
22:23 rangi if you wanted to write some code that could read an rfid tag and send the barcode portion of that to a webbrowser, then you could do that too
22:24 nnn my query is it is necessary to have middleware for RFID
22:24 nnn and appararantly they work on windows
22:24 nnn that is what local vendor mentioned
22:25 nnn vendor mentioned that middleware software will carry out issue/return and data will be updated on koha
22:27 rangi you need some software to read (and sometimes write) the tags
22:27 rangi if the protocol for the tags follows a standard, and is well documented, in theory you could programme that yourselves
22:28 rangi if not, then you pretty much have to use the software they give you
22:28 rangi (self check machines etc obviously have this software built in)
22:28 nnn our earlier proprietary used high frequency tags and NCIP protocol and vendor said u will only need to buy middleware software which runs as a client on windows machine
22:29 nnn before accepting this option I wanted to confirm
22:31 rangi its really down to what the RFID vendors tags and hardware support
22:32 nnn ok
22:36 chrisvella__ joined #koha
22:55 BobB joined #koha
23:00 jamesb joined #koha
23:12 irma joined #koha
23:15 Francesca joined #koha
23:16 papa joined #koha
23:31 aleisha_ joined #koha
23:33 JoshB joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary