IRC log for #koha, 2016-08-24

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 papa joined #koha
00:04 Francesca joined #koha
00:07 kidclamp joined #koha
00:08 khall joined #koha
00:14 kathryn joined #koha
00:31 JoshB joined #koha
00:39 khall joined #koha
00:53 Francesca joined #koha
00:57 dcook joined #koha
00:59 z0k joined #koha
01:50 barton joined #koha
01:58 kathryn joined #koha
02:04 kathryn joined #koha
02:07 deb-CSPL joined #koha
02:29 bshum joined #koha
02:57 ibeardslee joined #koha
02:59 Joann joined #koha
02:59 Joann hi there.
02:59 Joann Jo here from a Malaysian meeting.
03:00 rangi heya Joann
03:00 rangi how's it going?
03:00 Joann we have a question about scalability; using one koha for a big consortia
03:00 rangi yep
03:00 Joann can you remember the metrcs for turkey?
03:00 rangi 1132 libraries
03:00 rangi i think 10ish servers in the cluster
03:01 rangi you can watch the talk
03:01 rangi 2 secs
03:01 rangi
03:01 rangi there is a link to his slides there too
03:02 rangi ill just quickly jump through
03:02 rangi page 34 of the pdf
03:03 rangi has the infrastructure
03:03 rangi page 31 has the numbers of libraries etc
03:04 Joann thanks chirs
03:05 Joann chris:Koha supports FRBR and RDA aya
03:05 rangi RDA yes
03:06 rangi FRBR partially
03:06 rangi you can't really do FRBR with MARC
03:06 rangi its all faking it
03:07 dcook ^
03:08 dcook I keep meaning to ask questions about the Turkey set up but I keep forgetting what they are...
03:08 IkbarUTeM joined #koha
03:08 dcook Oh, rangi, this is just me being lazy... but are they all connected?
03:09 rangi its one koha
03:09 dcook As in... there are 1132 branches?
03:09 dcook Wow..
03:09 dcook That would make for some interesting drop down menus
03:11 Joann I need a dmo site that can searcjh across electrob=nic resources and print
03:11 Joann niwa?
03:11 rangi yep
03:11 rangi
03:11 IkbarUTeM_ joined #koha
03:12 rangi thats searching across ebsco and koha
03:12 rangi but koha doesnt care know about print vs electronic
03:12 rangi you catalogue whatever
03:12 rangi hell i put pokemon in
03:12 rangi so theres nothing special about electroni
03:12 rangi c
03:13 rangi what niwa is doing is searching stuff that the library don't hold/catalogue
03:13 rangi the fact its electronic is incidental (if that makes sense)
03:15 Joann deep linking
03:16 Joann ie does koha search deep into the items?
03:16 IkbarUTeM__ joined #koha
03:17 rangi no
03:17 rangi well it does if you catalogue deep into the items
03:17 dcook deep might be a bit vague
03:17 rangi are they talking about the ebsco stuff?
03:17 rangi because that's ebsco's search doing that
03:18 rangi who knows what it is doing :)
03:18 rangi but koha searches your catalogue records, it doesnt go downloading stuff and fulltext indexing it (because that gives hideous results for a start)
03:19 rangi its not a document management system
03:19 dcook Yeah, EBSCO owns content, so they can full-text index it.
03:19 dcook But Koha just has metadata records. Not the actual data those metadata records describe.
03:20 dcook People sometimes try to cheat by copy/pasting into some of the 500 fields, but... that's not a good idea.
03:20 dcook Although in the case of tables of contents, that's OK
03:20 dcook That's part of MARC and AACR2 I think
03:20 rangi people think they want full text, until they actually try and find something
03:20 dcook Truth..
03:22 dcook I'd love to see people doing more targeted indexing tbh.
03:22 dcook Like... having an awareness of what fields get indexed, crafting indexes that make sense for their collection and users' search behaviours
03:28 Joann ok - thansk so much for your help.
03:28 Joann its done now
03:31 rangi cool
03:35 Joann these people are so lovely; i hope they get involved on the community
03:36 dbs joined #koha
03:38 DrLang joined #koha
03:43 khall joined #koha
03:46 huginn joined #koha
03:48 dcook community++
03:58 dcook TFW your hands feel so cold that you're not sure you can still type :p
04:00 khall joined #koha
04:00 dcook khall, are you actually there?
04:02 dcook Nvm, commented on Bugzilla :)
04:35 ribasushi joined #koha
04:59 z0k joined #koha
05:09 Francesca joined #koha
05:13 Oak joined #koha
05:26 cait joined #koha
05:44 drojf joined #koha
05:44 drojf morning #koha
05:48 cait joined #koha
05:50 Francesca joined #koha
06:08 aliki joined #koha
06:24 akawa joined #koha
06:24 akawa hello #koha!
06:37 kidclamp joined #koha
06:38 wilfrid joined #koha
06:43 Francesca joined #koha
06:49 morgane joined #koha
06:52 morgane hi #koha :)
06:55 cait joined #koha
06:56 cait good morning #koha
06:56 cait irc meeting in 5 minutes!
06:58 kidclamp morning
06:58 * drojf sprays coffee at everyone
06:59 * kidclamp shields himself with a mug, sips quietly
06:59 cait wow kidclamp!
06:59 wahanui kidclamp is the vm savior today!
07:01 kidclamp yeah, it's early, but I made it
07:01 cait ok
07:01 cait let's start :)
07:01 cait #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 24 August 2016
07:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Aug 24 07:01:34 2016 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
07:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
07:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 August 2016)
07:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_24_august_2016'
07:01 cait #topic Introductions
07:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 August 2016)
07:01 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
07:01 cait please introduce yourself with #info following wahanui's example
07:01 cait today's agenda is at
07:01 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ng_24_August_2016
07:02 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, Germany
07:02 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
07:02 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
07:02 cait hm
07:02 cait that's too easy
07:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
07:03 cait Europe should be more awake :)
07:03 cait can we shake some more people awake?
07:03 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
07:04 cait hm ok
07:04 cait let's moveon, maybe we have some people oversleeping
07:04 cait #topic Announcements
07:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 August 2016)
07:04 cait any announcements?
07:04 tcohen joined #koha
07:05 ablj joined #koha
07:05 cait maybe a quick question fromme
07:05 cait shoudl we try for another GBSD?
07:05 Joubu yes
07:05 cait i am not sure if people are still holidaying much everywhere
07:05 cait but mabe in 1-2 weeks
07:05 drojf don't have time for gbsd but in general, yes
07:06 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
07:06 kidclamp yes
07:06 cait any preferences on a day?
07:06 khall can't hurt!
07:06 cait maybe friday 9th September?
07:06 khall maybe a friday?
07:06 kidclamp I like Fridays
07:06 tcohen friday
07:07 cait can we agree on the one in 2 weeks?
07:07 cait :)
07:07 tcohen +1
07:07 reiveune joined #koha
07:07 kidclamp +1
07:07 drojf i think there is a caffeine hackathon in berlin that day ;)
07:08 reiveune hello
07:08 wahanui hey, reiveune
07:08 cait #agreed Friday, 9 September will be GBSD = Global Bug Squashing Day
07:08 cait #action cait to update wiki and send info about GBSD to the mailing list
07:08 cait moving on?
07:08 cait #topic Review of coding guidelines
07:08 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 August 2016)
07:08 cait no suggestions have been made
07:09 cait is there something people want to discuss?
07:09 fridolin joined #koha
07:09 cait i will take the quiet as a clue to move on
07:09 tcohen I would like to mention
07:09 cait ah
07:09 fridolin hie
07:10 tcohen I've been looking at REST-related patches the last couple days
07:10 tcohen and while not finished, there will be need for coding guidelines for the swagger files
07:10 cait #info tcohen is working on the REST-related patches and suggests adding coding guidelines for the swagger files
07:10 tcohen maybe this should be discussed on another meeting of course
07:10 cait can you detail a bit?
07:10 cait like give an example?
07:11 tcohen i'm abit asleep still
07:11 tcohen the original swagger file was about to get bigger and bigger
07:11 cait ok, so maybe we shoud just keep it in mind and add to next meeting?
07:12 khall tcohen: that's ok, I think kidclamp and I are too ; )
07:12 tcohen and there are patches on the queue that propose splitting
07:12 tcohen the file into pieces
07:12 tcohen I like the schema they are proposing
07:12 tcohen but as there hasn't been much attention on them
07:12 kidclamp bug 15126
07:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15126 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , REST API: Use newer version of Swagger2
07:12 tcohen I'd like to promote it to a dev meeting
07:12 kidclamp bug 16699
07:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16699 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , Swagger: Split parameters and paths, and specify required permissions for resource
07:13 tcohen so people can give their opinions
07:13 cait maybe good to send to the mailing list too before the next meeting
07:13 cait so people get time to look into it
07:13 tcohen good idea, I can send that email
07:14 cait #action tcohen to send an email to the list about 'splitting the swagger files' - bug 16699
07:14 cait ok, let's move on - more REST
07:14 tcohen yeah, I need to REST :-P
07:15 cait #topic General development discussion
07:15 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 August 2016)
07:15 cait hope people are not grumpy with me - I added questions about 2 topics I have stumbled on/being thinking about
07:16 cait so the first is: Is the REST API optional or mandatory (when you install Koha)
07:16 cait triggered was this by kidclamp's patch on bug 8030
07:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8030 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Change pickup location of a hold from patron record
07:16 cait and the fact that it was not working for me - as my REST stuff doesn't appear to be configured correctly yet
07:16 cait is there a general consensus about this kind of patch that we shoudl be using the API in the GUI already?
07:17 cait and if we do that, is it production ready? (secure, installs nicely, etc)?
07:17 cait one thing i noticed is that mojo etc. is still optional in
07:17 tcohen the REST api code has been deployed into users' installs since it was introduced
07:18 tcohen the original patches enabled it only on tarball/git installs
07:18 tcohen because the package's apache configuration files hadn't been tweaked
07:19 * tcohen re-reads the questions
07:20 drojf cait: what reasons could there be to keep it optional?
07:20 drojf (as far as it is tested, secure etc)
07:20 cait if it doesn't install well out of the box - it's not documented to activate (woudl be one reason for me)
07:20 Joubu if it's not ready yet
07:20 cait becuase the patch from kidclamp will put it in the middle of Koha so people will stumble upon it if it doesn't work :)
07:20 fredericd #info Frédéric Demians
07:20 khall cait: imo it's ready and necessary
07:20 cait or if there are security concerns - like permission problems
07:21 khall with a few more tweaks
07:21 cait i am not against it - hope that's clear
07:21 cait i'd just like us to be on the same page
07:21 Joubu The problem we have is that it's not ready yet and we'd like to use it from Koha
07:21 cait and look out for potential problems in production use
07:21 cait like fixing PerlDependencies etc.
07:22 cait ok, 2 different opinions
07:22 cait Joubu: can you tell what's missing in your eyes right now?
07:22 drojf FYI i have reverted bug 17030 from 16.05.03 for the debian package, because we lacked permission settings and it (if i got it right) allowed holds to be placed by everyone
07:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17030 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Stable , Configure the REST api on packages install
07:22 cait one more questio maybe woudl be about backporting REST API work to the stable releases atm
07:22 Joubu I have no idea, just repeating what I heard
07:22 cait if we say we will have it ready for 16.11 - but atm things are changing too much or so
07:23 Joubu but permission is a blocker
07:23 cait it's a mighty API.. which is cool, but also has me a little worried
07:23 cait :)
07:23 kidclamp bug 14868
07:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14868 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, larit, Needs Signoff , REST API: Swagger2-driven permission checking
07:23 tcohen I have an idea of what is missing
07:24 tcohen some love :-D
07:24 khall tcohen: can you summarize?
07:24 khall ; )
07:24 drojf lol
07:24 tcohen a simple search for REST on BZ
07:24 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:24 gaetan_B hello
07:24 tcohen will show that people have invested lots of time in two things
07:25 tcohen 1) create a good basis for defining endpoints and handling permissions seemlessly, using state-of-the-art technologies
07:25 tcohen I'm talking about having the API fully documented with a Swagger 2.0 spec
07:25 tcohen and the bug kidclamp mentioned
07:25 tcohen is the most important piece
07:25 Joubu IMO we need a list of people willing to be involved in the maintenance of the REST API
07:26 tcohen 2) there are lots of bugs introducing new endpoints
07:26 cait #info lots of REST related patches on bugzilla, focusing mostly on 2 things: 1) permission handling and documentation, 2) adding new endpoints
07:26 tcohen from a first look, we can notice people are writing endpoints so the UI can be fully rendered using the REST api
07:27 tcohen "need a dropdown with the list of branches? here's an endpoint"
07:27 tcohen etc
07:27 khall api devs++
07:27 cait the problem is we need people testing them - and we shoudl be careful about permissions/prefs taken into account/terminology :)
07:27 kidclamp Joubu: why do we need a specific list for maintaining this above other things?
07:28 tcohen cait: I agree
07:28 cait kidclamp: i think he meant people dedicated to look after it
07:28 Joubu currently there are patches, but just few people are involved
07:28 cait the patches get stuck right now - not a lot of experts
07:28 Joubu I'd like to know who is going to write/test/qa these patches
07:29 Joubu and who will fix bugs
07:29 cait I don't feel ready to test/qa - I'd like to learn - either online sometime or maybe in marseille
07:29 drojf somebody should do a dev intro in marseille
07:29 drojf volunteers? :P
07:29 tcohen I'd like to clarify something
07:30 Joubu (I've asked the same question on the ML but did not get answer from the involved people)
07:30 tcohen most functionality comes from the Koha::* classes
07:30 tcohen the mighty REST api is just a layer on top of that
07:31 tcohen routing calls to the right classes
07:31 Joubu s/is/must be
07:31 khall agreed!
07:31 tcohen which now has a rudimentary permission layer
07:31 sophie_m joined #koha
07:31 tcohen which is about to get steroids with bug
07:31 tcohen bug 14868
07:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14868 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, larit, Needs Signoff , REST API: Swagger2-driven permission checking
07:32 tcohen what the guys do in that patches
07:32 tcohen is letting us declare the needed permissions, on the swagger file
07:33 tcohen so the API now will also provide more documentation, and a permission check schema
07:33 tcohen that makes code simpler too
07:33 tcohen I think we definitely need a workshop on this
07:33 LibraryClaire joined #koha
07:34 kidclamp so for now we need people leading, but should be community maintainable without difficulty is what I hear tcohen
07:35 tcohen we need to make interested parties get involved
07:36 tcohen i'm not sure why they aren't
07:36 tcohen but I don't see the REST api as a complicated piece of code
07:37 tcohen maybe the could get complicated with the permission checking layer
07:37 irma joined #koha
07:37 tcohen but look at this
07:37 tcohen[…]4aa0782e8;hb=HEAD
07:38 tcohen if you remove the permission checking from that code
07:38 tcohen (because it is moved somewhere else by the mentioned patch)
07:38 tcohen you just have a couple calls to Koha::* libs
07:39 cait could it be a good idea to say no backports for now until we have sorted those base patches?
07:39 khall that is just lovely ; )
07:39 tcohen even the permission check lines are… what you'd expect
07:39 Joubu I'd even say no push to master
07:40 cait hm why not?
07:40 khall um, how do you propose we handle it then Joubu?
07:40 Joubu I meant to push of patches using the REST API
07:41 Joubu no the patches of the REST API
07:41 khall Joubu: I understand now, you mean don't push new endpoint patches until we get these mechanics fixing patches in place, right?
07:41 kidclamp block them with 14868, they all depend on that and can't be pushed until after
07:42 tcohen I agree we need some level of completeness before we make the decision to allow the REST to be used from the UI
07:42 Joubu I was thinking about bug 8030 (sorry kidclamp)
07:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8030 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Change pickup location of a hold from patron record
07:42 tcohen Joubu refers to patches that USE the endpoints
07:42 kidclamp that was what I meant, make it depends on the necessary infrastrcuture bugs
07:43 khall yes, that's sensible
07:44 cait cool
07:44 Joubu tcohen: since you looked at the patch deeper than me, could you send an email to summarise the situation?
07:44 tcohen alright
07:44 cait #idea don't backport REST API patches atm, until infrastructure is sorted out
07:44 tcohen I think I already volunteered for that
07:45 cait #idea make new patches using REST in the GUI depend on the infrastructure bugs, especially bug 14868
07:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14868 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, larit, Needs Signoff , REST API: Swagger2-driven permission checking
07:45 * cait is glad about the discussion
07:45 tcohen I think only 16.05 has got the REST api on packages
07:46 tcohen and fredericd is aware of the issues that prevent it to be enabled by default
07:47 cait can i add another question?
07:47 drojf if 14868 is not backported to 16.05 i think 17030 should be reverted
07:47 drojf fredericd: what do you think?
07:47 cait I taked to fredericd yesterday about the pending bad fines bug
07:47 tcohen that's fredericd's call, but yes
07:47 cait he said maybe he could do an additional earlier release
07:47 cait once we got that in
07:48 cait we coudl also use it to fix that
07:48 fredericd I agree with drojf. 17030 should be reverted
07:48 fredericd From now, I will skip any REST related patch
07:50 tcohen fredericd: we could patch /holds too
07:50 tcohen but it seems the real solution is so close :-D
07:51 tcohen I wrote a POC for bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=16815
07:51 huginn Bug 16815: critical, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, ASSIGNED , API routes to list, create, update, delete holds need permissions
07:53 fredericd Without modifying Apache conf, is it possible to exploit hold security flaw?
07:53 tcohen the /api endpoint shouldn't be available without tweaking the apache files
07:53 drojf there is no way to reach the api if it's not in apache
07:53 cait hm with a package install probably? tcohen?
07:54 drojf (i hope)
07:54 cait i thought it auto-activated
07:54 cait on 16.05?
07:54 drojf cait: i reverted 17030 before i built the package. so no
07:54 fredericd reverting 7030 will fix that in 16.05
07:54 cait ah ok
07:54 cait bug 17030
07:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17030 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Stable , Configure the REST api on packages install
07:54 cait i thought that was in - so that's where i got confused
07:54 drojf thanks to tcohen for pointing that out btw
07:55 fredericd tcohen++
07:55 eythian hi
07:56 tcohen hi eythian
07:56 cait ok, another question from me? :)
07:56 tcohen yes
07:57 cait one of the patches, i will find the bug in a moment, adds the ability to see your own checkouts/renew your own mateirals
07:57 cait this doesn't require any permission
07:57 cait so if the api is there, anyone can use it - without the library knowing
07:57 cait it gives me a bit of a headache to be honest - i'd like to know how others see it
07:57 eythian sounds like an awful idea
07:57 cait that's my feeling, but so far i feel a bit lonely/paranoid .)
07:58 cait i'd like it better if you coud get for aexample an api key
07:58 cait that the library can revoke
07:58 tcohen cait: if I understand correctly
07:58 tcohen you mean that there's a bug proposing a REST endpoint, which implements it wrong?
07:58 cait bug 13895
07:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13895 new feature, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Add API routes for checkouts retrieval and renewal
07:58 khall cait: it should require either 1) your login has the necessary permissions to view / modify checkouts or 2) the checkouts are your own ( for viewing )
07:58 cait it requires a login
07:58 cait but you can't control use
07:59 cait it mimicks what you can do with an opac access
07:59 eythian ah
07:59 eythian not so awful then
07:59 tcohen if you can do it in the OPAC right now, there's no difference
07:59 cait but for me... API is a different level of complexitiy
08:00 cait there is also ths bit as part of the big patch: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ment.cgi?id=54766
08:00 khall cait: why do you think that? Giving patrons the ability to access their data via the api is a *good* thing!
08:00 tcohen cait: suppose you have a button in the OPAC, which allows logged users to renew stuff
08:00 cait fully automated access... not seeing any hints the library might have added - maybe getting around limitations only implemented in the templates...
08:01 tcohen anyone can point the browser to the .pl with the right arguments
08:01 drojf if they are only in the templates then that is a bug now
08:01 cait true
08:01 tcohen and renew their stuff without using 'our' button
08:01 drojf if we want to have an API
08:01 drojf or we can't have one :P
08:02 tcohen the API is just a way to organize things
08:02 kidclamp if your patrons are bold enough to research and use the API directly you should get them signing off on bugs :-)
08:02 drojf heh
08:02 tcohen hahaha
08:02 cait ok, so paranoid :)
08:03 tcohen we should have good logging facilities
08:03 khall even better, it means that Koha can be integrated into other apps
08:03 tcohen for example, we could have a special 'api' interface
08:03 cait other sofware seem to require something like an api key - so youwould know hwo uses your api
08:03 khall tcohen: good idea
08:03 drojf folio will be so happy
08:03 drojf :P
08:03 drojf or, ebsco
08:03 tcohen or my customer's student's management system
08:04 khall drojf: good point, the api will make folio integration much simpler
08:04 * ashimema_ hints at OAUth
08:04 ashimema_ OAuth.. even
08:04 khall lol
08:04 ashimema_ that's it's entire reason for being
08:04 tcohen cait: the api-key stuff if for system<->system integration
08:05 tcohen right now, the API only implements cookie-based auth
08:05 * ashimema disappears again before he slates our api implementation ;)
08:05 kidclamp I think cait in the end patrons shouldn't be able to do anything via API they can't do via the opac, so it shouldn't be any different
08:06 tcohen with the same restrictions
08:06 cait ok
08:06 cait i will log that :)
08:06 tcohen that's why it is important that people get involved
08:06 tcohen people that know Koha a lot
08:06 tcohen can I give another example
08:07 ashimema proper access control would take into account.. who's data your trying to chance, who's trying to change it and what application is doing the change on behalf of the person
08:07 drojf tcohen: doing the workshop in marseille? :P
08:07 cait #info patrons will be able to use the REST API to do, what they can do in the OPAC, but not more
08:07 cait #chair drojf
08:07 huginn Current chairs: cait drojf
08:07 cait phone
08:07 drojf err i only had one coffee
08:07 ashimema i.e the cookie or token your using for authentication should include those three details
08:07 cait #chair tcohen
08:07 huginn Current chairs: cait drojf tcohen
08:07 ashimema so for the koha case
08:08 tcohen cait: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ment.cgi?id=54767
08:08 ashimema the cookie you get when you log in to the opac says..
08:08 ashimema I'm person X, using interface 'OPAC'.
08:08 ashimema (which defaults to limiting them to only chaning person x's data and limits them to opac only actions.
08:09 ashimema when you login to the staff client the cookie says
08:09 ashimema I'm Person X, Using interface 'Staff'..
08:09 ashimema then any actions you undertake on Person Y may or may not be permissible because your aware of what person c is allowed to do under the 'staff' interface.
08:10 tcohen ashimema: we are missing the interface data I think
08:10 drojf person x? :P
08:10 ashimema in the OAuth world.. your efectively just adding more 'interfaces' and letting the person involved choose what that interface is allowed to do on thier behalf with their login
08:10 cdickinson_ joined #koha
08:10 ashimema i.e
08:11 ashimema Person X logs in to Koha, then grant Interface Z privileges to undate their username.
08:11 ashimema When person X then logs into Interface Z, the system knows that all Interface Z is allowed to do is change the username.
08:12 ashimema (or rather.. the system knows all that interface Z is allowed to do is change the username)..
08:12 ashimema the interface can optionally look that up or not..
08:12 drojf so a user would allow an android app to log in and show account details. like a twitter app or something
08:12 ashimema but form the api security perspective.. Interface Z will never be allowed to do more than change the username
08:12 tcohen ashimema: are you attending Marseille?
08:12 ashimema I am
08:12 ashimema though I still need to book my train and hotel
08:12 tcohen so the "workshop" thing is dealed with
08:12 tcohen :-P
08:13 ashimema ?
08:13 tcohen you need to talk about REST and Swagger
08:13 ashimema haha.. sure
08:13 tcohen *dealt*
08:13 tcohen cait: are you back?
08:13 * ashimema hints it's changed it's name lately.. it's no  longer 'Swagger', it's 'OpenAPI'..
08:14 tcohen yeha, I noticed yesterday
08:14 drojf cool, nore confusion
08:14 drojf more
08:14 drojf are we done with REST discussion?
08:14 tcohen I want to clear cait's fears, and encourage her to get involved in reviewing some REST stuff
08:14 ashimema ooh..
08:14 ashimema I didn't realise we were in a meeting..
08:14 ashimema apologies for that diversion then ;)
08:15 drojf ashimema: good contributions though
08:15 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe
08:15 ashimema lol
08:15 tcohen so I need to explain this https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ment.cgi?id=54767
08:15 * ashimema should put meetings in the diary and set alarms.. lots of alarms
08:16 tcohen I need a couple hours of sleep
08:16 drojf tcohen: do we wait or do you want to do it later maybe?
08:16 drojf no idea how long she will be on the phone
08:17 * ashimema will read that lot probably late this evening.. too much to do today already :(
08:17 tcohen i just want to make a point
08:17 tcohen anyone can look at that 'swagger' file
08:17 tcohen and review permissions that are required for each endpoint/action
08:17 ashimema indeed they can
08:17 tcohen specially people like cait, that know Koha's business with lots of detail
08:17 ashimema that's a good thing in my opinion
08:18 tcohen there's no need to engage in the technical part of the problem
08:19 drojf #info REST api permissions can be reviewed in file, see https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ment.cgi?id=54767
08:19 tcohen so, our product owner can review it and with a simple reading and notice issues
08:19 tcohen the code of course should respect those definitions hhe
08:20 drojf i assume that finishes the api permission part for now?
08:20 * tcohen goes to sleep
08:20 tcohen yes
08:20 tcohen later #koha
08:20 kidclamp bye tcohen
08:20 drojf ok. then if there is nothing more for the REST api i would mov eon
08:20 drojf night tcohen
08:20 kidclamp agreed
08:20 drojf #topic Highlight easy to test bugs for beginners
08:20 Topic for #koha is now Highlight easy to test bugs for beginners (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 August 2016)
08:20 drojf we had that last time on the agenda and nobody knew what to say about it
08:20 kidclamp This was something cait and I discussed a while back
08:20 drojf kidclamp: was it yours?
08:21 kidclamp yes
08:21 drojf ah cool, can you explain
08:21 drojf ?
08:21 kidclamp It seems that often when people want toget involved they want to know easy bugs to sign off/test
08:22 kidclamp It would be easy enough to either use the 'Academy' keyword all year round, or have a new keyword tomark beginner bugs
08:22 kidclamp complexity is sort of helpful there, but isn't always filled out and sometimes a single patch is complex but depends on complicated things
08:22 drojf i think we should use a new one maybe
08:23 khall we could also have a "testing complexity" pulldown in addition to "patch complexity"
08:23 drojf that sounds nice, but does BZ allow that?
08:23 drojf no idea how the config works
08:24 kidclamp 'testing complexity' is a bit more complicated I think - is it complex to rquire setting up 50 users and branches and checking out a bunch of items, or just tedious :-)
08:24 drojf that might be even better than a tag
08:24 khall kidclamp: I would just call that tedious ; )
08:24 drojf kidclamp: we should have a sample db that just has a bit of everything
08:24 khall digging a ditch is not complex, but it is tedious
08:25 Joubu drojf: we have the sandbox DB already
08:25 drojf but i agree, it's not compley
08:25 kidclamp but asking a volunteer to dig a ditch may not encourage him to return ;-)
08:25 drojf Joubu: but they don't have active checkouts and holds and acq data and stuff, do they?
08:26 khall ok, first two settings are "Simple" and "Simple but tedious" ; )
08:26 drojf lol
08:26 kidclamp I'll support that
08:26 Joubu drojf: no indeed
08:26 Joubu nobody will test these ones...
08:27 cait sorry, reading back now
08:27 drojf khall: i would call that… extra…something. making it a good thing people will learn more about koha :P "simple - special experience"
08:27 khall drojf: love it!
08:27 kidclamp much better
08:28 Francesca joined #koha
08:28 drojf ok then somebody needs to talk to rangi asking about the testing complexity thing? if that is an option it looks like we all are in favour of it?
08:29 kidclamp +1
08:29 drojf #idea instead of a keyword, add "testing complexity" to BZ
08:30 * cait gives up on reading back fast enough
08:30 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
08:30 kidclamp so will developers etc. agree to look for the 'omg complex!' bugs
08:30 cait any questions or so?
08:30 drojf no
08:31 cait @later tell tcohen - i want to get involved, will you sit down with me to teach the basics? ;)
08:31 khall heh
08:31 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
08:31 drojf cait: i info'd what tcohen wants you to look at
08:31 drojf regarding api permissions
08:31 kidclamp because that is one downside to complexity - complex bugs exist and need attention
08:31 kidclamp or do we only makr easy ones
08:31 drojf kidclamp: the complexity is already there without the label. i think devs know that ;)
08:32 cait currently there is lots of scary stuff in needs sign-off
08:32 khall I think another testing complexity setting should be "Needs command line access"
08:32 cait it would be good to get some devs in there for signing off too
08:32 khall aka can't be tested in a sandbox
08:32 cait so we can make easy ones esier to spot... but we also need people to help out with complex stuff
08:32 drojf but it helps newbies if they can find easier ones
08:32 kidclamp "testable on sandbox" as well
08:32 cait yep agreed
08:32 cait maybe 'system architecture'
08:32 cait ?
08:32 drojf but testable on sandbox and easy or hard are different categories
08:33 drojf that should probably be an extra thing
08:33 drojf or we will have a lot of options in that box
08:33 cait maybe keywords woudl be easier
08:33 cait because you can have multiple
08:33 kidclamp I think don't have 'hard' or 'complex' just mark the simpler ones
08:34 drojf if we want to use the BZ api (eg a sandbox could check for the sandbox tastability), it should be separated
08:34 drojf testability
08:34 drojf tasty too
08:34 kidclamp yummy sand
08:34 khall kidclamp: I'm inclined to agree with you, that's less likely to scare people away from "hard to test" patches
08:35 cait sandbox_ready keyword?
08:35 drojf just sandbox
08:36 drojf or nosandbox, like i did with nowheezy
08:36 drojf it will be less to tag
08:36 drojf i guess
08:36 kidclamp I also wouldn't discourage use of 'Academy' year round still, there are those bugs that are very educational to testers - if we mark one right after academy and it isn't dealt with by next academy, probably still relevant?
08:36 khall yeah, I think nosandbox makes the most sense
08:37 kidclamp I would argue the other, mark the sandboxable so you can find those if you use one
08:37 kidclamp if you want to use a sandbox unmarked and nosandbox are equal
08:37 cait drojf: will you talk to rangi about adding the keywords?
08:37 drojf khall: nosandbox is something devs would have to add when they add the patch. sandbox could be something people add when actively looking for easy bugs to mark
08:37 khall so should we stick with "Academy" as the easy tag, and add the keyword "nosandbox" and "educational" ( aka tedious )
08:37 kidclamp 'sandbox' mark makes it stand out
08:38 kidclamp drojf +1
08:38 drojf so maybe sandbox makes more sense in this context
08:38 khall drojf: ok. I was just assuming most patches are sandbox testable
08:38 cait i think sandbox, nosandbox (so both can be marked when you see it) , but not totally sold on educational
08:38 cait Avademy for easy is ok for me
08:38 drojf khall: yes me too, i just thought about the workflow right now
08:39 khall works for me!
08:39 cait drojf: are you volunteering? or kidclamp?
08:39 drojf i don't know if the academy is happy if the academy tag is used for everyone, because that will make it impossible for them to claim a few bugs when the academy actually happens
08:40 drojf "claim"
08:40 kidclamp don't they usually call out for people to mark bugs around that time?
08:40 khall drojf: true, maybe tis better to just create a new less special keyword
08:40 drojf easy, beginner, newbie
08:41 drojf something like that
08:41 kidclamp I am happy for it to be a new keyword - I just wanted a keyword and a complexity :-)
08:41 kidclamp if we were going complexity route
08:41 cait new_kewyword+1
08:41 khall kidclamp: can you propose a list of complexities?
08:41 drojf cait: i volunteer kidclamp because it is his topic :P
08:41 kidclamp yes, for next meeting - can be a general meeting discussion I think
08:42 cait #action kidclamp to talk to rangi about adding new keywords as discussed in the meeting to indicate easy bugs for beginners and testing complexity
08:42 cait ah
08:42 cait or next meeting
08:42 cait #action kidclamp ... or make a suggestion for the next meeting
08:42 kidclamp I will talk to rangi before
08:42 cait sounds good
08:42 kidclamp and then make suggestion
08:42 cait are we ok to move to action items from last meeting?
08:42 cait we are running late today :)
08:43 kidclamp yes. move ahead
08:43 cait #topic Updates from the QA team
08:43 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 August 2016)
08:43 cait no updates from me - please look at critical bugs, link on the agenda
08:43 cait Joubu: ?
08:43 Joubu nothing new
08:44 cait sorting bug 17135 fast would be bood
08:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17135 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Fine for the previous overdue may get overwritten by the next one
08:44 cait good
08:44 cait it's a problem in the stable version
08:44 Joubu you are 3 on it, so decided to stay away from it. Do you need help?
08:45 cait I thin the missing piece now is a database update
08:45 cait to clean up
08:45 cait FU double ups a hopefully last time
08:45 cait and a set of eyes probably doesn't hurt - i didn't have time for testing
08:46 cait the patch set is on bug 14390 actually
08:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14390 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Fine not updated from 'FU' to 'F' on renewal
08:46 Joubu ok will have a look at the updatedb
08:46 cait moving on
08:47 cait #topic Actions from last meeting
08:47 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 August 2016)
08:47 cait bag to add a note to the next release notes - I got on idea what that was about!
08:47 cait http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-13-14.08.html
08:47 cait Joubu is going to check if some performance testing can be  included in the qa scripts (launch a series of tests and compare diff)     Joubu to ask on the mailing list about which namespace scheme should be used for the 'export things'
08:47 drojf deprecation of wheezy i think
08:47 cait did we come to a conclusion about the export scheme?
08:47 khall Joubu: we may want to rerun the FU to F cleanup from bug 15675. Just keep that under your hat ( https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]48471&action=diff )
08:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15675 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, RESOLVED FIXED, Add issue_id column to accountlines and use it for updating fines
08:48 Joubu the namespace "discussion" is on http://lists.koha-community.or[…]-July/042845.html
08:48 Joubu khall: k!
08:48 cait #info namespace discussion is on http://lists.koha-community.or[…]-July/042845.html
08:48 Joubu I have started the benchmarks for QA tools: http://lists.koha-community.or[…]-July/042844.html
08:48 Joubu but need feedback
08:48 cait #info Start for benchmarks for QA tools: http://lists.koha-community.or[…]-July/042844.html Please comment!
08:49 cait khall to add new benchmark rule to the coding guidelines
08:49 Joubu and I think I have provided the list of bug numbers waiting for QA (search for "Move stuffs to Koha namespace" and related)
08:49 cait khall volunteers to focus on rewrite patches for QA
08:49 cait khall to provide a proof of concept for using React in Koha
08:49 cait khall to add react/angular and frontend build to to next agenda ;)
08:49 khall cait: I believe I did that in PERL24
08:50 cait thre were lots of action items
08:50 cait ok thx khall
08:50 khall cait: that could use some discussion.
08:50 cait which oneß
08:50 cait ?
08:50 khall React stuff
08:51 cait #info PERL24 was added after the last meeting: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ove_their_effects
08:51 cait can we talk about it next dev meeting?
08:51 khall basically, many new js libraries ( like react ) require transpiling which means we need to use a tool like gulp to convert the React js files into regular js files
08:51 khall I don't think it's a big deal, but I wanted to bring it up.
08:52 cait i thin that might be related to owen's action item?
08:52 cait oleonard to start a mailing list thread about the frontend build tool ?
08:52 khall Most importantly, that requires developers to use npm
08:52 khall cait: yes, same thing basically
08:52 cait can you please add this to the next agenda?
08:53 cait #action khall to add react and related topics to next dev meeting agenda
08:53 cait ;)
08:53 khall can do! I think we will end up using gulp most likely
08:53 cait i think Joubu has made a list of bugs available in his summaries
08:53 cait let's seet date and time for the next meeting
08:53 khall the big note is that we already make developers use node/npm for dealing with opac css via less
08:54 cait #topic Set time of next meeting
08:54 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 August 2016)
08:54 khall so there's already precedent for needing/using node/npm as a Koha developer
08:54 cait September 28?
08:54 cait 21 utc?
08:54 wahanui 21 utc is fine and might be better for local time adjustments.
08:55 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:55 kidclamp I like 21 UTC
08:55 Joubu it's always too late for everybody
08:55 Joubu unless kidclamp
08:55 cait and nz
08:55 kidclamp :-)
08:55 cait I thought we ere nice to europe this time
08:56 cait so could try being nice to others... :)
08:56 cait argentina shoudl be better too
08:56 khall yeah
08:56 cait is that an ok?
08:56 Joubu k
08:56 cait #agreed Next meeting will take place on September 28, 21 UTC
08:56 cait thx a lot
08:56 cait #endmeeting
08:56 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
08:56 huginn Meeting ended Wed Aug 24 08:56:56 2016 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
08:56 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-08-24-07.01.html
08:56 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]6-08-24-07.01.txt
08:56 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]24-07.01.log.html
08:56 cait phew
08:56 kidclamp cait++
08:57 cait have to make the next phone call now... but first some water
08:57 drojf so much for a short morning meeting. i almost starved to death
08:57 kidclamp heh
08:57 * kidclamp ponders going to work or going to sleep
08:58 kidclamp night all
08:58 wahanui goodnight kidclamp. You'll be back.
08:58 drojf later #koha
08:58 * khall will power through ; )
08:59 cait thx all for attending :)
09:12 liz joined #koha
09:23 LibraryClaire morning #koha
09:28 khall mornin!
09:31 Francesca joined #koha
09:40 drojf joined #koha
09:43 fineiro joined #koha
11:19 phred_ joined #koha
11:37 marcelr joined #koha
11:37 marcelr hi #koha
11:38 marcelr missed a dev meeting apparently
11:38 drojf hi marcelr
11:38 marcelr hi drojf
11:38 drojf yep
11:38 drojf best europe time :P
11:38 eythian hi marcelr
11:38 marcelr hi eythian
11:39 marcelr drojf: yeah and even then..
11:39 eythian I suppose you were at the beach rather than the meeting?
11:39 eythian @wunder ams
11:39 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Schiphol, Badhoevedorp, Netherlands is 28.9°C (1:29 PM CEST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 57%. Dew Point: 19.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
11:39 marcelr :)
11:39 marcelr i should be now..
11:40 marcelr Joubu: I wanted to finalize bug 14390 now; are you looking at that dbrev discussion ?
11:40 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14390 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Fine not updated from 'FU' to 'F' on renewal
11:40 marcelr or khall perhaps?
11:40 eythian $res_prod{addresses}[0]{longitude} = $prod->latitude; <-- good work, yesterday me.
11:40 Joubu marcelr: I started but... to many comments, I gave up
11:41 marcelr ok I will return to it; I think it is only a hypothetical discussion
11:41 marcelr cait around btw?
11:42 khall marcelr: agreed. I think we should rerun the db update from 15675 as part of it, just to be safe. but I think other than that it's all good ( https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]48471&action=diff )
11:42 marcelr khall: I even doubt that you need to run the dbrev in connection to this report
11:43 marcelr two FU records will be very very rare
11:43 khall marcelr: I think your most certainly correct. I'm just being extra cautious ; )
11:43 marcelr the bug changed F back to FU but did not create two FUs
11:44 khall marcelr: I won't bother adding that db update to the bug, but I will if you change your mind ; )
11:44 meliss joined #koha
11:44 marcelr just thinking a few mins about a print warning or so
11:44 marcelr thx for feedback
11:45 oleonard joined #koha
11:46 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15023: (followup) Remove warnings <[…]d06786eda82b46cba> / Bug 15023: Allow patron anonymize/bulk delete tool to be limited by branch <[…]0f261ecc3280b6aa5>
11:46 oleonard Hi all
11:47 drojf olé onard!
11:50 DrLang joined #koha
11:52 marcelr hi oleonard
11:55 cait marcelr: around now, you too?
11:56 marcelr yeah cait i do not understand your problem about two FU recs
11:56 marcelr i think it is just hypothetical
11:56 marcelr the bug itself does not create two recs
12:02 ericar joined #koha
12:04 LibraryClaire @wunder LCY
12:04 huginn LibraryClaire: The current temperature in London City, United Kingdom is 29.0°C (12:50 PM BST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 45%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Steady).
12:13 oleonard Thanks to those in my time zone who dragged themselves out of bed for the dev meeting today
12:14 * oleonard was not so dedicated
12:17 oleonard Ah, so it will be React that finally gets gulp onto the table as a build tool. :|
12:17 oleonard :P
12:17 marcelr khall and cait: What about moving a dbrev to a new report and test it on its own now? The code change could go in
12:21 cait i think jacek's cases might be caused by something else then - not good, but yep
12:22 cait oleonard: we will need you next time i think - gulp???
12:24 kmlussier joined #koha
12:24 cait ah jacek just added another comment
12:24 cait i think he is right - there is a different clean up to be done
12:28 marcelr cait khall: bug 14390 is in the RM queue
12:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14390 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Fine not updated from 'FU' to 'F' on renewal
12:36 alex_a joined #koha
12:38 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
12:45 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:49 nengard joined #koha
12:55 geek_cl joined #koha
12:55 cait marcelr: thx
12:56 marcelr some reports..
12:56 marcelr holds or fines always fun
12:56 cait yeah
12:56 alex_a joined #koha
12:56 cait if you like that kind of fun...
12:56 marcelr hmm
12:57 marcelr programming is somewhat addictive
13:00 alex_a joined #koha
13:09 talljoy joined #koha
13:12 * LibraryClaire melts
13:15 edveal joined #koha
13:15 JoshB joined #koha
13:16 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
13:16 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 27.0°C (2:50 PM CEST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 39%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.27 in 1025 hPa (Steady).
13:16 eythian @wunder ams
13:16 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Schiphol, Badhoevedorp, Netherlands is 29.3°C (3:02 PM CEST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 57%. Dew Point: 20.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Steady).
13:17 eythian wonder if I can sneak out of work early today.
13:17 LibraryClaire @wunder LCY
13:17 huginn LibraryClaire: The current temperature in London City, United Kingdom is 30.0°C (1:50 PM BST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 45%. Dew Point: 17.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Steady).
13:18 drojf i win
13:18 LibraryClaire our office is always about 5 degrees hotter, it's like a greenhouse in the afternoon
13:18 drojf you should grow stuff
13:19 eythian it's apparently 26 in my apartment at the moment :/
13:19 LibraryClaire lovely
13:19 LibraryClaire my brain just melted out my ear and ran away
13:19 LibraryClaire I don't blame it
13:19 eythian I should buy a fan tomorrow.
13:22 cait @wunder Konstanz
13:22 huginn cait: The current temperature in LuisenstraÃ&#376;e, Konstanz, Germany is 27.4°C (3:12 PM CEST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 63%. Dew Point: 20.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
13:22 cait ... bearable here
13:23 sophie_m @wunder Marseille
13:23 huginn sophie_m: The current temperature in Lotissement le Pitalugue, Vitrolles, France is 32.5°C (3:15 PM CEST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 31%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
13:27 oleonard Ouch
13:28 druthb @wunder 77098
13:28 huginn druthb: The current temperature in Montrose, Houston, Texas is 29.5°C (8:21 AM CDT on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 81%. Dew Point: 26.0°C. Pressure: 30.11 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
13:28 druthb 'bout right.  Nice and soupy
13:28 LibraryClaire aw, I just looked at the time in Marseille and thought it was later than it was. How disappointing.
13:31 druthb Expected high today around 37 or 38, high humidity, chance of a popup shower this afternoon.  Welcome to the tropics.
13:39 mario joined #koha
13:39 oleonard You gotta think that lots of people in Texas must have really good reasons for living in Texas other than the because it is Texas.
13:43 druthb *snort*
13:44 druthb If I hadn't landed a job at cPanel, I would not be here.  Not because of the heat, but because it's Redneckistan in so many ways.
13:44 druthb Houston is *marginally* better than the rest of the state in that respect, though...well, you've seen my Facebook feed.
13:44 phred_ Don't forget Austin!
13:45 druthb Austin is pretty chill; I've had no major trouble when I've been there.  West of that, though, is a No-go zone for this girl.
13:47 druthb Houston's 11.5-month motorcycling season is a nice feature.. we get ice about once every two years, hurricanes about every 5-8 years.  :)
13:47 phred_ I miss Molly Ivins. Some of the joy went out of Texas when she died.
13:47 druthb Indeed.  One of the greats.
13:59 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:02 amyk joined #koha
14:06 fridolin1 joined #koha
14:13 mveron-away joined #koha
14:13 mveron-away Hi #koha
14:13 mveron @wunder Allschwil
14:13 huginn mveron: The current temperature in Holderweg, Binningen, Switzerland is 28.4°C (4:03 PM CEST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 56%. Dew Point: 19.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Falling).
14:14 LibraryClaire hi mveron
14:14 mveron LibraryClaire: It seems that you signed off Bug 17183, but you did not switch the status :-)
14:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17183 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleishaamohia, Signed Off , Koha News 'delete selected' function doesn't check if anything has been selected
14:14 mveron ...and hi .-)
14:15 mveron :-)
14:15 LibraryClaire orly
14:15 LibraryClaire wait what?
14:15 wahanui is Godot coming?
14:16 LibraryClaire it shows signed off for me?
14:16 mveron Now it does...
14:17 LibraryClaire I blame the heat
14:17 * mveron sends some ice cream
14:17 marcelr hi mveron
14:17 LibraryClaire :D
14:18 marcelr thx for the ice
14:18 mveron daag marcelr
14:20 talljoy joined #koha
14:23 marcelr @later tell tcohen any thoughts about bug 17159
14:23 huginn marcelr: The operation succeeded.
14:28 talljoy joined #koha
14:30 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
14:30 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 28.0°C (4:20 PM CEST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 39%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 30.24 in 1024 hPa (Falling).
14:31 LibraryClaire @wunder LCY
14:31 huginn LibraryClaire: The current temperature in London City, United Kingdom is 31.0°C (3:20 PM BST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 43%. Dew Point: 17.0°C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
14:35 aroussos joined #koha
14:36 aroussos hi all
14:36 drojf later #koha
14:37 kidclamp joined #koha
14:37 eythian @wunder ams
14:37 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Schiphol, Badhoevedorp, Netherlands is 30.9°C (4:32 PM CEST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 54%. Dew Point: 21.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Steady).
14:38 * kidclamp waves
14:38 aroussos so, I submitted my first bug report today (https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]bug.cgi?id=17185)
14:38 huginn Bug 17185: trivial, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED , Staff client shows "Lists that include this title:" even if item is not in a list
14:39 marcelr aroussos++ welcome
14:39 kidclamp aroussos++
14:39 marcelr if you are ready, change status to Needs Signoff
14:39 aroussos hi marcelr, kidclamp
14:40 aroussos marcelr: thanks
14:45 marcelr ok aroussos
14:46 marcelr you should actually better use xslt
14:46 marcelr non-xlst will be deprecated one day ..
14:51 aroussos thanks for the sign-off, marcelr
14:51 marcelr :)
14:51 marcelr Joubu or cait will do a fast qa ?
14:52 aroussos I thought the XSLT system preferences were only for MARC21 setups? (we are using UNIMARC)
14:53 cait aroussos: there are xslt views for all supported marc flavours
14:53 kidclamp done marcelr
14:53 kidclamp (cause you beat me to sign off)
14:53 marcelr kidclamp++ just forgot you
14:53 cait i am not sure how nice the unimarc one is - i think a lot of libraries seem to use custom ones
14:54 kidclamp no worries
14:54 marcelr but now i will not anymore :)
14:55 kidclamp heh, it is wierd that xslt doesn't seem to have the 'lists that include this' that would be a neat enough addition - it also only lists public lists, not user's private lists
14:55 kidclamp rabbit holes
14:56 marcelr just an inside fork
14:56 marcelr not the only one
14:56 rocio joined #koha
14:58 marcelr htg
14:58 fridolin1 left #koha
15:00 TGoat joined #koha
15:01 cait hm ok i got a question - not sure someone has an answer
15:01 cait isbd punctuation and authorities
15:01 cait if you use authorities - would you put the isbd punctuation into the authority itself?
15:02 cait so that it gets copied over when you use the plugin? because it's not possible to change $a in the cataloguing editor
15:16 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
15:18 talljoy joined #koha
15:23 reiveune bye
15:23 reiveune left #koha
15:24 morgane à demain
15:24 morgane left #koha
15:39 sophie_m1 joined #koha
15:44 eythian Too hot
16:20 DrLang joined #koha
16:27 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 14390: [Follow-up] Only update FU record in UpdateFine <[…]10b41e4504a70afb9> / Bug 14390: [QA Follow-up] UpdateFine should be passed a hash <[…]9b0ee5d40f896155b> / Bug 14390 [QA Followup] - Fix warning <[…]web/?p=koha.git;a
16:54 LibraryClaire_ joined #koha
16:55 LibraryClaire hi #koha
17:06 barbara_ joined #koha
17:07 phasefx_ joined #koha
17:12 liw @wunder manchester
17:12 huginn liw: Error: No such location could be found.
17:12 liw @wunder manchester, uk
17:12 huginn liw: The current temperature in Manchester, United Kingdom is 20.0°C (5:50 PM BST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 68%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
17:13 LibraryClaire @wunder Guildford, uk
17:13 huginn LibraryClaire: The current temperature in Chilworth, Chilworth, United Kingdom is 28.7°C (6:13 PM BST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 53%. Dew Point: 18.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
17:27 tcohen joined #koha
17:39 cait left #koha
17:45 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
17:52 tcohen joined #koha
17:54 ericar_ joined #koha
18:20 druthb @wunder 77098
18:20 huginn druthb: The current temperature in Montrose, Houston, Texas is 35.0°C (1:06 PM CDT on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 56%. Dew Point: 25.0°C. Pressure: 30.10 in 1019 hPa (Rising).
18:24 oleonard @wunder 45701
18:24 huginn oleonard: Error: timed out
18:24 oleonard I broke the weather.
18:26 phred_ @wunder 20010
18:27 huginn phred_: The current temperature in heliosmonroe, Washington, District of Columbia is 29.8°C (2:27 PM EDT on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 41%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 30.25 in 1024 hPa (Falling).
18:27 oleonard @wunder 45701
18:27 oleonard Oh no my zip code is gone
18:28 phred_ just what kind of weather are you having there that's so confidential? Wait a minute--you pobably can't tell us, can you?
18:29 kidclamp What about by name?
18:29 oleonard The space-time continuum has been altered and my zip code no longer exists. Now I regret all those mortgage payments.
18:29 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in Heatherstone, Athens, Ohio is 28.8°C (2:29 PM EDT on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 59%. Dew Point: 20.0°C. Pressure: 30.19 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
18:30 oleonard Someone went back in time and stepped on the wrong insect.
18:30 phred_ You mean DC has better weather than you do right now? Shocking!
18:30 Mike-CSPL joined #koha
18:30 deb-CSPL joined #koha
18:31 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
18:36 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
18:40 cait joined #koha
18:51 phred_ Not sure if this is strange, obvious, or impossible: On the OPAC admin config page, there are blocks on the left, center, and right that you can fill with HTML. (all right, that's obvious) Can I have Koha display files that are on a different server?--i.e., instead of putting the contents of foo.html put in a command that tells Koha to go out and fetch the file from server Z and display its contents in html?
18:52 oleonard phred_: I think the only way that would be possible would be with <iframe>
18:53 phred_ Hmmmm. Thanks. Now you've given me something else to look up. <g>
18:59 phred_ (looks up iframe) Easier than I thought. It just might work.
19:16 ericar joined #koha
19:33 cdickinson_ joined #koha
19:58 kmlussier joined #koha
20:07 Dyrcona joined #koha
20:14 barton1 joined #koha
20:29 cait left #koha
20:30 cait1 joined #koha
20:30 rangi morning
20:31 liw hi, rangi
20:40 kathryn joined #koha
20:49 cait joined #koha
20:50 thatcher joined #koha
20:52 kidclamp joined #koha
20:55 cait1 morning liw, kidclamp and rangi
20:56 kidclamp hiya cait1
20:56 * LibraryClaire waves
20:56 cait1 :)
20:57 rocio left #koha
21:21 wizzyrea hi
21:21 wahanui hey, wizzyrea
21:23 eythian hey, wizzyrea
21:23 wahanui it has been said that wizzyrea is so dumb at rewrite rules
21:24 wizzyrea still true
21:24 wizzyrea maybe slightly less true than it used to be but still mostly true
21:25 rangi hey eythian
21:25 wahanui hmmm... eythian is Time's Person of the Year for 2006.
21:25 wizzyrea hi eythian what ya been up to?
21:25 eythian It was very hot today so I sat outside and had some beers.
21:26 wizzyrea I want to go to there.
21:26 eythian Like, 31° hot.
21:26 wizzyrea that's way too hot.
21:26 eythian Yep
21:26 wizzyrea nvm I take it back. I want it to be ~22 and sit outside and have beers.
21:26 eythian Tomorrow will be too apparently.
21:27 eythian Yeah that's be nice. Down to 24 now.
21:28 wizzyrea oh that's not terrible
21:28 eythian Well, soon it's sleep time, so I'd rather cooler.
21:29 wizzyrea have you had anything especially fun to do at work lately?
21:30 eythian Had a big project that I had to have done by about today, then heard this afternoon it's being delayed by a few weeks. That was unfun.
21:30 wizzyrea ugh seriously
21:30 eythian Which wasn't what you asked 🙂
21:30 wizzyrea well opposites count too
21:31 eythian This contributed to leaving early today though
21:32 eythian You saw my last museum post I take it? That was a fun one.
21:32 wizzyrea yeah I did! I am impressed that such a museum exists
21:33 eythian It's awesome
21:33 wizzyrea I suspect the mental states of visitors to amsterdam probably are compatible with it, generally. Lol.
21:33 eythian Yep🙂
21:38 tcohen joined #koha
21:39 tcohen hi
21:39 wizzyrea hi tcohen
21:39 wizzyrea what's the next museum on the list eythian
21:40 tcohen hi wizzyrea eythian
21:40 cait1 @wunder konstanz
21:40 huginn cait1: The current temperature in LuisenstraÃ&#376;e, Konstanz, Germany is 21.7°C (11:37 PM CEST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 66%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Steady).
21:40 wizzyrea hi cait1
21:41 wizzyrea confetti?
21:41 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
21:42 * cait1 waves :)
21:44 eythian wizzyrea: either the fashion museum (if I can find it), or the film museum probably.
21:44 wizzyrea ooo
21:44 eythian I looked up the fashion museum a while ago, but found it might not exist. Need to look more.
21:44 tcohen1 joined #koha
21:44 eythian @wunder ams
21:44 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Schiphol, Badhoevedorp, Netherlands is 24.7°C (11:39 PM CEST on August 24, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 66%. Dew Point: 18.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
21:45 * wizzyrea just realised there's a "museum of bags and purses"
21:45 eythian Ug
21:45 wizzyrea in amsterdam
21:45 eythian Tassenmuseum
21:45 eythian It's near work.
21:45 wizzyrea heheheh!
21:46 wizzyrea I like how equal opportunity you are in your museum visiting
21:46 wizzyrea i mean, alphabetical kind of enforces that.
21:46 wizzyrea >.>
21:46 wizzyrea but it's fun anyway
21:46 wizzyrea have you skipped any?
21:46 eythian Yeah, that's the idea
21:47 eythian I've skipped one that is open by appointment on Mondays between 1 and 3 (or something.)
21:48 eythian And one that's not really a museum at all, just an exhibition place
21:48 eythian And a couple that were transferred elsewhere that I'll get to later
21:54 wizzyrea all good reasons to skip
21:56 eythian I think so 🙂
22:01 eythian wizzyrea: amusingly, the erotic museum was far and away the most read of all the museum posts, and everyone looked at the larger pictures.
22:03 amyk_away joined #koha
22:16 cait1 heh
22:44 Dyrcona joined #koha
23:08 tcohen joined #koha
23:20 papa joined #koha
23:28 kmlussier joined #koha
23:30 dcook hehe
23:30 dcook scrollback
23:30 * dcook is impressed by how committed eythian is to museum visits
23:32 JoshB joined #koha
23:42 Francesca joined #koha
23:49 edveal joined #koha
23:51 chrisvella__ joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary