IRC log for #koha, 2015-10-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 Francesca joined #koha
00:01 cdickinson eythian: want to talk about the bitter experience?
00:01 eythian ?
00:02 cdickinson <eythian> wahanui: XML::Simple is the most complex XML parser available.
00:02 eythian oh
00:02 eythian[…]imple-discouraged <-- quoting from this, but for more detail ask grantm in irc://
00:02 eythian he wrote it in the first place
00:03 cdickinson that's good enough for me
00:21 cait left #koha
00:39 eythian @later tell cait[…]to-quake-forecast <-- oh, those crazy Germans
00:39 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
00:57 Francesca joined #koha
00:58 Francesca sup
01:29 kathryn joined #koha
01:47 kathryn joined #koha
02:09 Francesca joined #koha
02:18 Francesca joined #koha
02:59 Francesca wahanui be eythian
02:59 wahanui just move to elasticsearch
03:48 mario joined #koha
05:08 Francesca joined #koha
05:14 Francesca joined #koha
05:35 cdickinson joined #koha
06:07 saiful joined #koha
06:07 * magnuse waves
06:07 dojobo 'morning
06:08 magnuse hiya dojobo
06:18 magnuse people++ for signing up on[…]ki/Roles_for_3.24
06:27 marcelr joined #koha
06:27 marcelr hi #koha
06:36 laurence joined #koha
06:46 reiveune joined #koha
06:46 reiveune hello
06:47 kivilahtio joined #koha
06:52 Joubu hi
06:52 wahanui bonjour, Joubu
06:55 alex_a joined #koha
06:56 alex_a bonjour
06:56 wahanui niihau, alex_a
07:00 marcelr hi alex_a Joubu and reiveune
07:01 reiveune salut marcelr magnuse rangi
07:28 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:29 gaetan_B hello
07:29 wahanui hi, gaetan_B
07:31 paul_p joined #koha
07:31 cait joined #koha
07:37 sophie_m joined #koha
07:41 mveron joined #koha
07:41 mveron Good morning / daytime #koha
07:42 paul_p_ joined #koha
07:45 mveron marcelr ++ for Bug 14918 - It decreases the bugs to sign off for C4::Dates removal to 17  :-)
07:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14918 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Remove C4::Dates from circ/
07:45 marcelr mveron++
07:45 marcelr there are none in the SO queue for now..
07:47 * cait waves
07:47 marcelr hi cait
07:47 mveron marcelr: Yes, I know. I really hope that somebody finds time to sign off. I'm a little bit afraid that 12072 will not make it for the next release, and that would be frustrating...
07:47 mveron Bug 12072
07:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12072 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, veron, ASSIGNED , New dateformat
07:48 * mveron waves back to cait
07:48 cait mveron: it might be too late now :(
07:48 cait deadline is on monday
07:51 mveron cait: In that case it IS frustraiting.
07:52 cait i will do some more qa - but i think the sign offs might be the bigger problem
07:55 fridolin joined #koha
07:59 cait meeting time
07:59 wahanui it has been said that meeting time is always going to favour one section of the globe
07:59 cait will be back in a bit
07:59 cait marcelr: i hope not only you and me for qa next term!
07:59 marcelr cait: yeah
08:00 marcelr Joubu: do not forget the roles 3.24 on the wiki :)
08:00 Joubu I don't :)
08:02 Joubu but without to know the RM, it's hard to know if you want to be in the team
08:02 marcelr heh
08:02 marcelr or you should be the next RM
08:05 Joubu ho no :)
08:11 * marcelr still hopes for a signoff on bug 14893 and perhaps 14834 (they still apply)
08:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14893 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , Separate temporary storage per instance in
08:12 marcelr bug 14834
08:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14834 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , Add range parameters to membership_expiry cronjob
08:16 andreashm joined #koha
08:18 * andreashm waves
08:29 saiful joined #koha
08:34 atheia joined #koha
08:35 atheia A wonderful, flu free, day to you #koha! :-)
08:36 Joubu @later tell tcohen have a look at bug 15052 (jenkins fails on TestBuilder tests)
08:36 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
08:36 fridolin joined #koha
08:45 andreashm atheia: flu free? where? (looks around) not here anyways. =)
08:46 andreashm so, my usual question of the day, does the rest api base look like it will make it into 3.22? Did ashimema look more at it the other day?
08:46 * andreashm apparently likes repeating himself.
08:48 * ashimema would love someone to actually plump up some money for these pieces of work.. it's pretty hard to justify time when it's not something any of your won customers are paying for ;)
08:49 magnuse bug 13799
08:49 wahanui bug 13799 is probably ready to go in master, if nobody complains about it
08:49 * ashimema apologises for that slight rant
08:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13799 new feature, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Failed QA , Add base for building RESTful API
08:51 ashimema this is whats missing:
08:52 ashimema our schema objects are so basic that they're barely worth beign there at all.. the followup I wanted was to showcase a full schema for the patron response.. i.e incuding al fields, with required and type flags as a minimum.. not jsut the description.
08:53 ashimema I've been writing up the wiki notes.. but there allot of info to get down
08:53 ashimema it is high up my list.. but can't take priority over paying customers systems I'm afraid
08:55 Joubu off-topic: I don't really know who has access to the bug, but please have a look at bug 10799, it's critical/sco-related, would be good to have it for the release
08:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10799 is not accessible.
08:55 Joubu (actually it's not really critical, but major at least)
09:04 andreashm ashimema: I thought the rest api stuff was funded by ebsco?
09:04 Francesca joined #koha
09:04 andreashm at least the base (bug 13799)
09:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13799 new feature, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Failed QA , Add base for building RESTful API
09:06 ashimema ebsco are generically funding some bits somewhere.. but they're not put any money my companies way in particular
09:07 andreashm ah
09:07 ashimema I have no idea where the ebsco money has gone
09:09 ashimema in fact.. in general.. development goes along the lines of a customer pays a support company for some development.. that development then may or may not get submitted upstream.. then the signoff and qa, and release team are all volunteers.. so they never see a monetary feedback from this..
09:09 andreashm I believe there are people willing to sponsor work on this to help/speed things up, us included, if we had a clear idea on what this mean.
09:09 ashimema sure.. as support companies we all scratch each others backs for the good of the community..
09:10 ashimema and part of my job in the support company I work for is to keep up community relations.. which I translate into doing QA and taking on Maintainer roles (thus I do get paid by my company to do some qa work)..
09:11 paul_p ashimema & andreashm = part of ebsco money goes into my (BibLibre) pockets. We're working hard on but 13799.
09:11 ashimema money has always been a hard one to work through.. there is the whole central fund rainsing thing going on (which is what Joubu is being paid out of at the moment to work entirely on community stuff without the bias of being under a particular support company)
09:11 andreashm paul_p: great!
09:12 paul_p ashimema = is there something we can do with your patches ? (cc: jajm)
09:12 ashimema paul_p.. you guys have done a great job getting it going.. I'm just commenting on my lack of time to get it moving through qa with a few followups I need to add
09:12 paul_p ashimema = thus my question : can we help ?
09:13 ashimema basically.. we want to showcase the positives of swagger a bit more paul.. the first part of that is my commentreagarding having 'proper' schema's for the responses for the patrons example route
09:14 ashimema so far, they just say.. you might get field x.. what they should say is.. you will get field x (required = true), it will be a string (type = string).. you maight get feild y (required = false), it will be an integer (type = int)
09:14 ashimema that sort of level description in the specification file..
09:14 ashimema it's not a huge amount of work.. just is a piece I've not had time to followup on yet.
09:15 Joubu paul_p: Glabally, the "base" is stuck at the QA step because we would like to see specs and examples on how we could use the api from Koha
09:15 * ashimema did offer to do it.. as I think I understand it out of the box mroe than jajm does so far)
09:15 paul_p jajm = can we do that ourself ? (what ashimema propose)
09:16 ashimema the details of how to write a schema are
09:16 ashimema but an example is worth 1000 words..
09:16 ashimema its' a chicken/egg problem.. I've also been trying to write up some documentation for the community on the wiki on how best to make use of all the swagger features.
09:17 Joubu paul_p: and I have asked all parties concerned to have a look and comment on bug 14974, I did not get any line of codes from anybody so far
09:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14974 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Use the REST API for cities
09:17 jajm paul_p, ashimema, of course we can help writing swagger specs
09:17 Joubu (all of this was part of the last dev meeting)
09:17 paul_p side note : I really want this patch into the release (as everybody I think). I have some proposal pending for adding routes in other modules (fines for example). The idea being to be able to drive all data through webservices, then use them internally, then our ILS is disintegrated ;-)
09:18 paul_p Joubu that I missed, as most IRC meeting those months :(
09:18 ashimema part of the problem is a lack of expertise.. Joubu is trying his hardest to impliment a few good examples.. but he needs feedback from some people (likely working outside of the koha space) to showcase how best to use an api like this (using non-blocking async requests, and a js framework for instance)
09:19 ashimema paul_p.. I totaly agree with that route :)
09:19 ashimema really want to see it happen :)
09:19 andreashm ashimema: could this be remedied by specific funding?
09:19 ashimema just ened to find some damn time to work on it.. as usual time is a nightmare
09:20 paul_p ashimema = the fines routes are funded (90% sure).
09:20 andreashm damn you day, only 24 hours to work with!
09:20 andreashm paul: =)
09:20 paul_p andreashm (hoping you agree with this % ;-) )
09:20 andreashm paul: you could upgrade that to 100 if the base gets in 3.22
09:20 ashimema right at the minute andreashm.. I don't think we (ptfs-europe) could actually accept any more development work.. but that's my problem.. wejust can't keep up with demand at the moment.. which is both great and horiffic at the same time ;) )
09:20 paul_p andreashm & stockholm univ++ !
09:21 ashimema ++
09:21 ashimema indeed.. 24 hours isn't enough.. need to submit a bug.. need more hours in a day.
09:22 * ashimema has a meeting in ten minutes.. but will then dedicate 2 hours to getting the promised followups done on the restful base bug
09:23 andreashm ashimema: woho!
09:23 andreashm ashimema++
09:23 ashimema after that, it opens the door again for any further work from jajm depedning on what kyles qa review says
09:23 paul_p ashimema = jajm can dedicate the beginning of the next week (up to 1, maybe 2 days) to this task. So start & we will continue !
09:23 ashimema brill.. thanks paul_p
09:24 ashimema didn't mean to dump you guys in it at all.. it's the whole cross company collaboration (read cross community collaboration) which is always hard.. you guys have been doing a great job getting it all to where it is so far
09:31 blax8777 joined #koha
09:31 blax8777 Hi, I'm working on CAS and want to change the check field to email
09:32 blax8777 I change $sth = $dbh->prepare("select userid from borrowers where cardnumber=?"); to $sth = $dbh->prepare("select userid from borrowers where email=?");
09:32 blax8777 And got an't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.20/ line 2064.
09:32 blax8777 "Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.20/ line 2064."
09:33 jseplae joined #koha
09:41 hasenbear joined #koha
09:43 hasenbear cait: wir haben festgestellt, dass viele einträge vom ils-interface im opac-interface nicht richtig angezeigt werden
09:43 hasenbear wir kriegen die meldung, dass keine exemplare verfügbar sind (opac meldung z.b. bei "vormerken") das können wir aber im ils nicht nachvollziehen.  hilfe?
09:44 * mveron is running out of time. Good bye, #koha
09:47 hasenbear left #koha
09:50 Joubu @later tell tcohen opac.css and opac.less are not in sync (??)
09:50 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
10:05 Joubu @later tell tcohen did you see my pull request on kohadevbox (commit author email vs name)?
10:05 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
10:13 ashimema we likely need a QA rule.. if opac.css has changed, opac.less likely should have done too.. make sure it has :)
10:14 ashimema wonder if that could be added to the qa script Joubu?
10:14 Joubu ashimema: yes, I already check that
10:14 Joubu I meant, manually
10:14 Joubu but on master the files differ
10:14 Joubu yep the qa script could do that
10:15 ashimema might be worthwhile going forward.. once we've resynced them
10:15 Joubu if one has changed, lessc ; git diff | wc should be 0
10:15 Joubu yep
10:16 ashimema :)
10:21 cait back for a little bit
10:21 cait Joubu: i think i might have lost track too - would be good to have an automated test for sure!
10:28 saiful2 joined #koha
10:51 magnuse automate all the things!
10:54 jseplae joined #koha
10:55 saiful joined #koha
10:59 khall Joubu:[…]g.cgi?id=14293#c3 was never addressed. Is Nick correct?
10:59 huginn Bug 14293: major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Error in the calculation of the suspension of users per day
11:00 eythian hi
11:00 eythian also bye
11:00 Joubu hi/bye eythian :)
11:00 Joubu khall: I don't know, I don't know how it works on master
11:00 khall ah, ok
11:01 andreashm joined #koha
11:03 eythian I'm going to be in Australia for the week at a conference, speaking about Elasticsearch, Catmandu and Koha. So don't bother me until next week eh? ;)
11:04 * andreashm is back. went away for a while to look at the OAI harvester with a colleague
11:04 andreashm sounds like a speech I would like to hear!
11:08 eythian andreashm: typically they're recorded
11:08 fedegin joined #koha
11:11 magnuse sounds awesom eythian - have fun!
11:15 andreashm eythian: great. I hope I'll be able to watch it later then!
11:16 andreashm good luck
11:16 andreashm (or if you are like the Americans - break a leg!)
11:29 cait andreashm: thx for the update!
11:30 eythian I'm not American 😉 if you look though the logs or Google you can find my one from last year too.
11:32 marcelr thx Joubu++ #bug 14674
11:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14674 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Passed QA , koha-create should set upload_path in koha-conf.xml
11:32 andreashm cait: you're welcome!
11:32 andreashm cait: I thought you didn't have enough on your plate already, so I added some more! =)
11:33 andreashm eythian: I know your not... but was unsure how nz handle good luck calls.
11:35 andreashm I still fondly remember the look of horror I got the first time on tour in the us (a bunch of years ago) when I said good luck to another musician. =)
11:45 cait thx khall :)
11:46 khall cait: working on edit feature for audio alerts right now for you ; )
11:46 cait :)
11:46 cait hope not only for me and thinking it will be helpful too :)
11:47 magnuse andreashm: you went on a tour of the us?
11:49 khall cait: of course!
11:50 andreashm magnuse: yes, back in 2005 and 06.
11:51 meliss joined #koha
11:52 andreashm magnuse: so two tours, technically. =)
11:54 cait andreashm: wha are you playing?
11:54 andreashm this band:
11:55 andreashm We don't play anymore.
11:57 khall cait: bug 11431 is ready for qa again!
11:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11431 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add additional sound options for warnings
11:58 cait khall: thx a lot :)
11:58 khall np!
11:58 cait it's a cool feature, very flexible
11:58 cait and we could have a wiki page
11:58 cait with samples
11:58 khall yep!
12:00 khall cait: I will update the help as well
12:15 cait thx!
12:16 drojf joined #koha
12:16 drojf hi #koha
12:17 khall cait: help updated. I added the example you were looking for. Also, now that you can edit you can play sounds for existing alerts, does that work for you cait?
12:19 cait sounds good
12:21 tcohen joined #koha
12:21 tcohen morning
12:26 tcohen Joubu: merged
12:29 cait morning tcohen :)
12:29 andreashm hi
12:29 wahanui privet, andreashm
12:29 tcohen cait: have a minute?
12:30 tcohen I don't think "Charge when?" is idiomatic/right, on bug 13590
12:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13590 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Add ability to charge fines at start of charge period
12:30 cait hm where?
12:30 tcohen it's the column name on the circ rules matrix
12:30 cait ah
12:31 * cait summons khall
12:31 tcohen suggestions?
12:31 wahanui suggestions are still there
12:31 khall 'sup?
12:31 cait When to charge?
12:31 tcohen khall?
12:31 wahanui khall is volunteering to come over and fix it for you, it seems. ;)
12:31 druthb hey, that was amazing!  Cait is a sorceress!
12:31 khall tcohen: I couldn't think of a good terse way to put it
12:31 tcohen gmcharlt?
12:31 wahanui i heard gmcharlt was an expert in all things library technology.
12:32 khall tcohen: do you have any suggestions?
12:32 tcohen cait said "When to charge"
12:32 khall tcohen: that sounds good to me!
12:32 cait just one more word heh :)
12:33 tcohen and no question sign
12:34 jseplae joined #koha
12:46 francharb joined #koha
12:49 misilot question if i wanted to take a stab at understanding bug 14238 where should I start looking. Thanks!
12:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14238 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , C4::Matcher is mangling data to match on
12:49 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:59 edveal joined #koha
13:01 misilot question how do you add a marc field to the default framework?
13:01 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12194: (QA followup) remove useless diags <[…]6340c82d5b15e261e> / Bug 12194: followup to fix test <[…]a8148e1e7356595da> / Bug 5685: (RM followup) opac.less and opac.css out of sync <[…]mitdiff;h=48f8698
13:02 JoshB joined #koha
13:03 cait woohoo
13:04 andreashm cait:?
13:04 nengard joined #koha
13:04 cait yes?
13:04 andreashm woohoo?
13:04 cait just happy to see the grace period patch go in
13:04 cait bug 13590
13:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13590 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Add ability to charge fines at start of charge period
13:05 andreashm ah, nice
13:12 tcohen ashimema: could you please pass the DBIC patchset?
13:14 mtompset joined #koha
13:14 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
13:15 mtompset tcohen: You here?
13:15 ashimema 14778 you mean?
13:15 ashimema bug 4778 you mean?
13:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4778 could not be retrieved: InvalidBugId
13:15 tcohen ashimema: yes, the first one
13:15 wahanui the first one is probably looking weird - it says 9 centerville, but there is also an item at liberty
13:15 tcohen mtompset: it depends :-D
13:15 mtompset ansible playbook for windows. :P
13:15 tcohen whatsup?
13:15 tcohen what about it?
13:16 mtompset where is it?
13:16 wahanui it is probably something we could get funding for (hint, hint). =) so what would you think is needed more than adding a triple-store for Koha to be able to harvest records from LIBRIS (if we also develop the harvester to handle RDF)? Any ideas?
13:16 ashimema sure.. all works in my testing so I'm happy to sign it off :)
13:16 ashimema will go ahead now
13:17 mtompset the provisioning script for the ansible branch doesn't run in my windows environment, because I don't have ansible-playbook.
13:17 mtompset And I don't know how to get it.
13:17 mtompset And it may not be free, from what I have tried to find.
13:18 tcohen[…]le-within-windows
13:19 tcohen mtompset: unfortunately (?) I don't have a windows machine to test
13:19 tcohen maybe you can tweak the Vagrantfile, so the script is run within the VM
13:19 * tcohen saw that once
13:20 tcohen i don't have the time to find out now, but I think you can add another provisioning method in the vagrantfile
13:20 misilot where is the ansible stuff for windows? I can try and take a look at it
13:20 tcohen that would run the playbook (as a command line script) inside the VM
13:21 mtompset As a result. I'm not going to be spending time testing that stuff... I don't have time to research and tweak that.
13:22 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 14918: [QA Follow-up] Correct enddate and use constant <[…]d8183b15785252913> / Bug 14918: Remove C4::Dates from circ/ <[…]24efc4280804cb682> / Bug 14776: Remove 'selfcheck' patron related links from and add language selector... <http://
13:26 izi-afmpAB joined #koha
13:27 * ashimema has paused writting the rest followups and documentation for 20 minute whilst he signs of dbic bug :)
13:27 ashimema tis a nice break anywys ;)
13:27 jseplae joined #koha
13:32 tcohen ashimema++
13:33 ashimema wow Test::DBIx::Class pulls in allot..
13:33 ashimema didn't realise it was so heavy.. seems to have loads of dependencies?
13:37 izi-afmpAB left #koha
13:40 ashimema Sorry Joubu.. one of the tests now fails for me.. looks trivial to fix from the error message.. but I've not dug into it
13:40 ashimema pasted the failure into a comment on the bug
13:40 Joubu which one?
13:40 Joubu k
13:40 ashimema Barcodes_ValueBuilder.t
13:41 Joubu hum, weird, I have fixed this one
13:41 ashimema it's just complaining about a $DEBUG variable assignment getting masked.
13:41 Joubu I have moved it to db_dependent, did you notice hat?
13:42 ashimema i did indeed :)
13:42 ashimema hmm.. also got:
13:42 ashimema Processing files after patches
13:42 ashimema fatal: ambiguous argument 't/Barcodes_ValueBuilder.t': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.
13:43 ashimema but that's just noise isn't it
13:43 Joubu DEBUG=1 prove t/db_dependent/Barcodes_ValueBuilder.t returns "all tests successful"
13:43 ashimema how odd
13:43 tcohen ashimema: the script doesnt' survive moving files
13:44 ashimema I thought that was just noise tcohen.. usually just continue for me..
13:44 ashimema is that not correct?
13:45 tcohen that's noise, because it cannot find the file to do a diff between commits
13:45 Joubu yep, exactly
13:45 tcohen not a legit problem
13:45 ashimema yeah.. that's what I said..
13:45 tcohen we should teach the qa scrript
13:45 ashimema not a problem..
13:46 ashimema but the DEBUG one seems a bit mroe odd to me.
13:46 tcohen maybe for Koha 5.0
13:46 ashimema that's not due to the move
13:48 tcohen ashimema: do u want me to take a look?
13:48 khall tcohen: FYI sample_creator_data.sql now fails during a fresh install : \
13:48 khall •ERROR 1136 (21S01) at line 6: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
13:50 talljoy joined #koha
13:51 ashimema ok.. fails consistently via the qa script for me.. but passes fine if I run prove directly... with or without DEBUG=1
13:51 ashimema very odd
13:51 Joubu khall: ark, the new oblique column
13:51 Joubu khall: bug 12194
13:51 ashimema 'qa -c 20 -v 2 | more' is what I'm using
13:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12194 normal, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Pushed to Master , Some fonts don't work on printing label
13:51 Joubu ashimema: sorry, I didn't get it was the qa script
13:52 ashimema sorry Joubu.. I wasn't clear
13:54 Joubu ashimema: ok, get it
13:55 Joubu ashimema: I think not introduced by this patch but raises by a package somewhere
13:55 khall Joubu: can you re-test HoldsQueue.t on bug 12803? I still can't trigger your failure, but the followup I added should take care of it
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12803 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Failed QA , Add ability to skip closed libraries when generating the holds queue
13:55 tcohen khall: will you fix it/fill a bug?
13:55 Joubu ashimema: grep 'my $DEBUG' C4/Barcodes/
13:56 Joubu There are 3 occurrences......
13:56 khall tcohen: will file, I'll try to fix
13:56 tcohen khall++
13:57 ashimema what the..
13:57 wahanui somebody said the was a stop word
13:57 Joubu khall: did you try to create a new bib?
13:57 tcohen ashimema: ?
13:57 ashimema ValueBuilder is weird
13:58 ashimema three packages in one file..
13:58 Joubu yes 3 packages in the same file
13:58 ashimema I've never seen that before
13:58 * Joubu is too slow
13:58 ashimema new style on my
13:58 Joubu things-no-to-do-list
13:58 khall Joubu: yes, I created a bib with two items.
13:59 ashimema well.. I'm happy to sign off.. as in all my testing it all works
13:59 ashimema 'tis only the qa script complaining.. which we think from the sounds of it in this case is a red herring..
13:59 ashimema a prove over the updated test files does all pass..
13:59 ashimema I'm gonna sign it
14:00 * tcohen thinks this is always a phrase people regrets but...
14:00 ashimema I had no idea you could stick three packages into the same file though.. that's really odd
14:00 tcohen Let's push it and fix whatever problems we find
14:00 amyk joined #koha
14:00 khall agreed
14:01 * tcohen trusts ashimema, khall and Joubu THAT much
14:01 khall : )
14:01 rocio joined #koha
14:02 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10363: Fix Updatedb entry on MariaDB <[…]6657922bd746bccdc>
14:02 Joubu tcohen: note that I cannot simulate 50 librarians behind circulation desks, so no idea of the result in a production env :)
14:02 tcohen ah, and now he steps back.... coward .-P
14:02 Joubu khall: that's work... weird
14:02 ashimema lol.. going through adding my signoff to the patches.. my pre-commit hook keeps complaining at me ;)
14:03 ashimema given is experimental, when is experimental
14:03 Joubu actually it's not weird, it works for me without biblio
14:03 ashimema lol
14:03 khall if it fits it ships!
14:03 Joubu khall: I maybe there is something hidden behind that...
14:05 khall Joubu: not sure what it could be, but it definitely isn't a problem since the unit test should have had clean tables to begin with.
14:06 Joubu khall: I am not sure. I have only 1 biblio without any item.
14:06 Joubu With the biblio, the tests don't pass, if I remove it, they pass
14:07 khall I tried with 1 bib, 0 items, 1 item, and 2 items
14:07 khall passed every time
14:08 cbrannon joined #koha
14:09 tcohen ashimema++
14:12 khall tcohen: bug 15053
14:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15053 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , sample_creator_data.sql now fails during a fresh install
14:12 ashimema khall bug 14778 is singed off now.. feel free to add your QA stamp (knowing I've run the qa script already ;) and tested the code pretty thoroughly)
14:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14778 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , DBIC should create/own the DB handler
14:13 * ashimema goes back to the RESTful base followups
14:13 tcohen khall: great
14:13 khall ashimema: will do!
14:13 tcohen ashimema++
14:13 tcohen khall++
14:13 tcohen Joubu++
14:17 tcohen when Jared released 3.12 I remember I was hearing Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) from Green Day a lot, and that's how I remember that release
14:17 * tcohen wonders what will be this one's song
14:18 tcohen maybe something from Interpol?
14:22 ghoulmann joined #koha
14:24 ghoulmann I'm trying to generate a query to pull "interest level" out of the general note field to produce a report. Is this possible?
14:26 cait depends on how it's cataloged
14:26 cait i think
14:26 cait well your results depend on this... in general you can get out any field into a report
14:27 mtompset cait: 14248 is rebased and set back to signed off again. :)
14:28 ghoulmann in bibliographic record, we have a field called notes we think. Inside notes, there's 526 interest level. I think this is a blob of xml within a field. We'd like to pull out that insterest level from the ....blob.
14:29 gaetan_B left #koha
14:32 Joubu tcohen: kohadevbox:ansible $KOHA_CONF I get <pass>password</pass>
14:33 tcohen ??
14:33 tcohen sudo koha-shell kohadev?
14:33 cait ghoulmann: there are xml functions in mysql
14:33 cait take a look at the example sin the reports library
14:33 drojf ghoulmann:[…]ibrary#Query_MARC
14:33 cait reports library?
14:33 wahanui somebody said reports library was found at[…]L_Reports_Library
14:33 Joubu tcohen: yes
14:34 tcohen KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/kohadev/koha-conf.xm
14:34 cait bug 14248
14:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14248 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, xarragon, Signed Off , Optionally display authorship for news items
14:34 cait thx - hope to get to it before the deadline
14:34 Joubu yes
14:34 tcohen vagrant@kohadevbox:~$ set | grep KOHA
14:34 tcohen KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/kohadev/koha-conf.xml
14:34 tcohen vagrant@kohadevbox:~$
14:35 tcohen Joubu: have you pulled the latest ansible branch?
14:35 Joubu yes
14:35 tcohen i get KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/kohadev/koha-conf.xml everywhere
14:35 ghoulmann cait, thank you
14:35 tcohen I'mk using jessie
14:35 Joubu me too
14:43 saiful joined #koha
14:45 cait Joubu: weird about the opac-topissues patch - i am sure I ran the tests
14:45 cait did you apply both patches?
14:46 Joubu cait: I am using master
14:46 cait sosomething else changed?
14:46 Joubu jenkins is failing because of this test file, and it fails locally
14:46 Joubu tcohen: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]_report_id__838_/
14:46 cait i can only say i am sure it ested it :(
14:46 Joubu not ok 8 - filter takes report id
14:46 Joubu and
14:46 Joubu ok 8 - Correctly removes only final LIMIT (with offset)
14:46 Joubu ???
15:00 alex_a_ joined #koha
15:03 tcohen bye #koha
15:03 tcohen ;-)
15:03 khall bye!
15:03 * tcohen runs at the right time
15:03 tcohen later actually!
15:04 * Joubu redirects jenkins' emails to the spam folder for the w-e
15:04 Joubu have a good w-e #koha!
15:05 paul_p joined #koha
15:05 cait bye Joubu
15:08 andreashm time to go home. bye #koha
15:12 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 14778: Remove t/Acquisition/Invoices.t <[…]b32eab4c4c14f8b04> / Bug 14778: Mock the dbh for t/db_dependent/Search.t <[…]85c46777324d96c96> / Bug 14778: Make Barcodes_ValueBuilder.t db dependent <[…]a.git;a=commitdif
15:27 reiveune bye
15:27 reiveune left #koha
15:28 jseplae joined #koha
15:40 jseplae joined #koha
15:48 pianohacker joined #koha
15:48 pianohacker good morning
15:48 wahanui well, it's morning somewhere, yes
15:58 fridolin left #koha
16:23 * druthb pokes wahanui with a pointy stick.
16:23 druthb wahanui:  druthb?
16:23 wahanui She's really more trouble than she's worth, you know?
16:23 * druthb nods.
16:57 laurence left #koha
17:08 pianohacker_DND cait: any progress on bug 11559 QA?
17:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11559 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Signed Off , Professional cataloger's interface
17:08 pianohacker_DND know you're busy, just checking in
17:09 cait i know... running out of time htis week - still at work
17:09 cait probably won#t get around to test before tomorrow
17:09 pianohacker_DND if you have time to QA this weekend, I have time to fix any issues you find this weekend :)
17:09 drojf joined #koha
17:12 cait :)
17:12 cait ok, need to pack up here
17:13 fedegin joined #koha
17:13 cait bye all :)
17:13 cait left #koha
17:16 saiful2 joined #koha
18:00 cdickinson joined #koha
18:10 edveal joined #koha
18:12 cait joined #koha
18:16 talljoy joined #koha
18:56 nengard_demo Hi everyone demoing for a library say hello if you're around
18:56 TGoat_Demo joined #koha
18:56 TGoat_Demo HI Nicole
18:58 druthb Hi!. :)
19:01 tcohen joined #koha
19:03 * cait waves
19:08 tcohen oh, jenkins is unstable!
19:09 Kchris joined #koha
19:12 tcohen joined #koha
19:18 * cait hides
19:28 tcohen hi cait
19:29 tcohen gotcha
19:29 cait ohoh
20:23 nengard left #koha
21:08 * pianohacker_DND waves at assorted kohaers
21:09 cait :)
21:09 cait *sleepy cait waves back*
21:09 pianohacker_DND tell Katrin I said hi, sleepy cait
21:10 cait *sleepy cait is now confused*
21:57 cait left #koha
23:18 Francesca joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary