IRC log for #koha, 2015-09-17

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:06 Francesca joined #koha
00:42 pianohacker good night
00:42 wahanui I'll be waiting for you to come back, pianohacker.
01:53 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
02:00 JoshB joined #koha
02:15 Francesca joined #koha
02:26 Francesca hey
02:30 Francesca joined #koha
03:35 mario joined #koha
03:54 eythian @later tell tcohen sure I can do that.
03:54 huginn` eythian: The operation succeeded.
03:56 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
04:28 JoshB joined #koha
04:32 magnuse joined #koha
04:41 z0k joined #koha
05:04 saiful joined #koha
05:32 saiful joined #koha
06:00 Francesca joined #koha
06:04 mario joined #koha
06:06 * magnuse waves
06:09 * Francesca waves baxk
06:09 Francesca back
06:20 magnuse mtompset++ for starting the kohacon17 proposals :-)
06:26 marcelr joined #koha
06:26 marcelr hi #koha
06:27 Joubu hello
06:28 marcelr hi Joubu
06:35 reiveune joined #koha
06:36 reiveune hello
06:36 wahanui niihau, reiveune
06:50 magnuse @wunder boo
06:50 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 13.0°C (8:20 AM CEST on September 17, 2015). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Steady).
06:54 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
06:55 p_vdk joined #koha
06:56 alex_a joined #koha
06:56 alex_a bonjour
06:58 Viktor joined #koha
07:04 fridolin joined #koha
07:10 codavid joined #koha
07:10 codavid left #koha
07:12 p_vdk joined #koha
07:14 drojf joined #koha
07:14 drojf morning #koha
07:16 fridolin goomorning there
07:16 drojf looks like mtompset already opened kohacon 2017 bidding. i thought that was done by a community meeting
07:17 drojf hi fridolin
07:23 eythian hi drojf, fridolin, alex_a, magnuse, reiveune, marcelr, Joubu, etc.
07:23 marcelr hi eythian and others !
07:23 alex_a hello eythian
07:23 drojf hi eythian, has been a while
07:23 drojf hi marcelr
07:24 eythian t'has
07:24 drojf been on vacation?
07:24 eythian yeah, was for a little bit
07:25 Joubu Hi eythian
07:27 drojf lucky you :)
07:29 magnuse hiya eythian, welcome back!
07:29 p_vdk left #koha
07:39 fridolin left #koha
07:41 fridolin joined #koha
07:45 drojf don't want to step on anyone's toes, but i do not think a wiki page called "KohaCon17 Proposals" (which we have not 'officially' asked for yet) should have the text "this page was created immediately to reflect the ongoing effort by the Philippines" on it
07:45 drojf either its a neutral bidding page or it should be moved to something like kohacon17 proposal by the philippines
07:53 drojf "KohaCon17 Proposals" has been moved to "KohaCon17 Proposal by the Philippines"
07:53 cdickinson joined #koha
08:03 sophie_m joined #koha
08:16 drojf i updated the redirection and created the page for next meeting[…]neral_IRC_meeting
08:22 drojf is this thing on?
08:22 * drojf taps
08:28 laurence joined #koha
08:51 marcelr Joubu: bug 14544 became quite large..
08:51 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14544 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Move the list related code to Koha::Virtualshelves
08:52 Joubu marcelr: It is large since the beginning :)
08:53 marcelr i will soon have a try
08:54 Francesca joined #koha
08:55 saiful joined #koha
09:19 paul_p joined #koha
09:28 Francesca joined #koha
09:30 saiful2 joined #koha
10:50 putti joined #koha
10:55 cait joined #koha
10:59 * cait waves
10:59 cait git training today and tomorrow
11:07 Joubu git bz apply 10042; git commit --amend -s; git bz attach 10042 HEAD;
11:07 Joubu that's all, isn't it?
11:09 magnuse Joubu: it should be :-)
11:11 cait heh
11:11 cait we will see
11:12 cait so far we are still on familiar grounds
11:12 cait but i learned some things about how git actually stores things
11:12 cait and differences to non-distributed version control systems
11:22 xarragon_ For new code, is dbix::class the recommended approach.. or are there drawbacks?
11:22 bumby joined #koha
11:38 alex_a joined #koha
11:39 marcelr joined #koha
11:39 marcelr back
11:50 meliss joined #koha
11:52 Joubu xarragon_: what kind of patches?
11:52 Joubu bugfix, new ft, new file?
11:53 Joubu in which area?
11:53 xarragon_ new feature
11:53 xarragon_ But it might incur an extra query on every page view..
11:54 xarragon_ If dbix::class is not used, I figure all the schema loading might be a heavy hit
11:54 Joubu Later, it will
11:55 Joubu you can try and use Koha::Objects
11:55 misilot is it difficult to customize the hold slip?
11:56 Joubu xarragon_: see bug 13726, bug 14836, bug 14544, bug 14828, bug 10363
11:56 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13726 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Koha::Acquisition::Bookseller should use Koha::Object
11:56 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14836 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move the patron categories related code to Koha::PatronCategories
11:56 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14544 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Move the list related code to Koha::Virtualshelves
11:56 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14828 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move the item types related code to Koha::ItemTypes
11:56 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10363 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , There is no package for authorised values.
11:56 Joubu (this was not an advert)
11:57 Joubu misilot: /tools/​m&module=reserves&code=HOLD ?
11:59 misilot Joubu: that doesn't look like the slip that is printed from koha/circ/ sorry should have specified better
12:01 Joubu misilot: tools/​le=circulation&code=RESERVESLIP ? :)
12:07 misilot thanks Joubu that looks to be it :) ... i apparently only think of reserves as course books
12:28 cait1 joined #koha
12:31 nengard joined #koha
12:33 alex_a joined #koha
12:33 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:35 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:41 tcohen joined #koha
12:42 tcohen morning!
12:43 marcelr hola tcohen
12:59 fridolin tcohen: bonjour
12:59 wahanui hello, fridolin
13:03 tcohen1 joined #koha
13:04 saiful joined #koha
13:04 tcohen1 hola marcelr fridolin
13:12 marcelr jajm++
13:17 mario joined #koha
13:18 JoshB joined #koha
13:18 cma joined #koha
13:20 tcohen joined #koha
13:25 alex_a joined #koha
13:29 akafred me thinks that when POST /cgi-bin/koha/svc/new_bib?items=1 returns 200 when adding the items has failed is kinda ... ouch.
13:33 mario joined #koha
13:34 tcohen joined #koha
13:35 p_vdk1 joined #koha
13:35 p_vdk1 left #koha
13:39 Joubu khall: Hi! about bug 11622, did you try to build the debian package?
13:39 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11622 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add ability to pay fees and fines from OPAC via PayPal
13:40 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:56 NateC joined #koha
14:15 gaetan_B left #koha
14:19 ashimema I should know this..  but I can't for the life of me find it..
14:19 ashimema How does 'FU' in the accountlines table actually work.. does it get changed from FU to F at any point?
14:19 ashimema and if so.. where and when?
14:25 Joubu ashimema: The answer is in C4::Circulation::_FixOverduesOnReturn
14:25 ashimema cheers
14:26 Joubu From the man: FU = Overdue, still acccruing
14:26 ashimema indeed
14:27 ashimema perhaps my report is right afterall.. I just couldn't find anywhere that actually updated the FU flag to anything else
14:27 ashimema was resoritng to grepping the entire codebase.. madess lies that way.
14:27 ashimema thanks
14:27 Joubu I don't find another place, so it's there :)
14:28 ashimema hmm.
14:28 ashimema need to trace that back..
14:28 ashimema we have a library who allows one to in effect pay off overdues, then renew the item.. but that doesn't trigger the change from what I can see thus far.
14:29 tmcmahon joined #koha
14:35 talljoy joined #koha
14:35 talljoy #bywater
14:36 talljoy oops...i joined without having to!
14:36 talljoy good morning koha
14:39 xarragon_ With Koha::Objects, is there a neat way to turn a set of rows into a hierarchy? I have a structurually programmed function that takes an array of resultsets, scans their 'parent' field and returns a hash of hashes representing the database rows.
14:39 xarragon_ That structure is encoded as JSON and sent to the jstree editor.
14:41 xarragon_ Could I put something like that into Koha::Pages and create some special accessor function.. like Koha::Pages->all_as_json?
14:45 xarragon_ Or maybe there is some magic way of making dbix::class transform a resultset into a hierarctical dataset rather than just working with it as a flat 2-dimensional table?
14:46 xarragon_ It already resolves foreign keys as links to other objects..
15:10 nitz0 joined #koha
15:12 nitz0 Hi peoplesss
15:15 pianohacker joined #koha
15:42 cait1 left #koha
15:53 laurence left #koha
16:19 tmcmahon I was in here two days ago with keyboard shortcuts not selecting the correct tab.
16:20 tmcmahon I just created a new (empty) instance of Koha and they work fine.  When I load my data into it, the keys stop working correctly.
16:21 tmcmahon I'm currently trying it on (Debian 8 package install), but it didn't work on stable either.
16:21 tmcmahon I have nothing in intranetuserjs and intranetusercss.
16:23 cait joined #koha
16:26 tmcmahon I can't figure out why they work fine before loading my data and don't after.
16:34 Joubu tmcmahon: see bug 14829 for a patch
16:34 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14829 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Wrong shortcuts in module "cataloging"
16:35 Joubu If it's what you describe
16:35 Joubu have to run, bye #koha
16:35 tmcmahon Joubu: That's not it, but thanks.
16:36 Joubu tmcmahon: which tabs are you talking about?
16:37 * cait waves
16:37 tmcmahon I'm talking about the same tabs, but this bug is for problems with some tabs on certain pages.  My problem is all tabs on all pages.
16:37 Joubu tmcmahon: the patch fixes the issue on 3 different modules
16:38 * cait waves
16:38 cait oh
16:38 Joubu circulation, patrons and cataloguing
16:38 cait i am repeating myself... time to get some food
16:38 Joubu hi cait :)
16:39 tmcmahon Joubu: Sorry, I thought that was the same but I saw yesterday.  This one does look different.  I'll take a closer look.  Thanks again.
16:39 cait hi Joubu :)
16:39 tmcmahon It still doesn't look my problem, but I'll do some testing on it.
16:40 Joubu tmcmahon: so you can open a bug report and link it to this one. No need to reinstall once again :)
16:41 tmcmahon Joubu: This is the bug I looked at yesterday.  It's a different problem.
16:42 Joubu Yes, I have understood :) Just don't know what is your problem exactly, I just know it's a shortcut problem. So it makes sense to link the 2 reports if you open one
16:42 Joubu and I really have to go...
16:42 Joubu bye
16:43 tmcmahon bye and thanks again.
16:43 fridolin left #koha
17:05 wnickc joined #koha
17:32 wnickc joined #koha
17:51 nitz0 joined #koha
18:11 liw aa/win 5
18:25 cdickinson joined #koha
18:42 wnickc joined #koha
18:45 nitz0 I am having a problem with koha-upgrade-schema. It couldn't find koha-conf.xml
18:45 nitz0 Packet installation
18:46 cait hm i haven't run that script yet
18:47 cait normally when in a package installation you should run most of the scripts from the koha shell
18:47 cait koha shell?
18:48 nitz0 sudo: sin tty presente y no hay programa askpass especificado
18:49 nitz0 sorry
18:49 nitz0 sudo koha-upgrade-schema koha_bibliotec2
18:49 nitz0 Upgrading database schema for koha_bibliotec2
18:49 nitz0 unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 345.
18:49 cait yes
18:49 cait hm
18:50 nitz0 It works for 3.18
18:50 cait it's weird
18:50 wahanui did you try flushing the cache and deleting wahanui's cookies
18:51 cait sorry, i don't see why it's not working
18:51 cait maybe someone else will know
18:51 wnickc_ joined #koha
18:53 nitz0 I did this: (1) Installed 3.18 (2) mysqldump 3.18 > file.sql (3) mysql file.sql 3.18DB (4) koha-upgrade-schema (5) koha-rebuild-zebra (6) update to 3.20 (7) mysqldump 3.08 (8) mysql...
18:54 nitz0 (2) mysqldump 3.08 > file.sql
18:56 nitz0 did you understand it?
18:56 misilot does anyone knoe if there is a way to get the date to remove from the hold shelf onto the reserve notice? Thanks!
19:04 cait misilot: i think currently there is now way
19:05 cait koha has no field for that date in the database
19:05 cait i think i have seen some related bug reports
19:05 misilot cait: ah ok. there is a date needed by field, but the column comments say that is for the user.
19:05 cait i think that's something else
19:05 misilot wasn't sure if with the reports was an easy way to build a string from the date places on shelf + system policy
19:06 misilot thank you for the information though :)
19:07 cait i think the needs by is when the user says he doesn't need it after... but i could be wrong
19:07 misilot yes, that is what it is I believe from reading comments and playing with it
19:20 tcohen joined #koha
19:31 tcohen hey
19:31 wnickc ho
19:33 tcohen wizzyrea: thanks for pointing me to the error
19:34 tcohen wnickc: "they're forming in straight line…"
19:35 wnickc :-)
19:49 tcohen bye #koha
19:51 wnickc bye tchonen
20:03 meliss joined #koha
20:08 barton bug 6657
20:08 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6657 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Making 999 visible in framework duplicates 999 entry and affects index
20:08 barton Joubu++
20:33 nengard left #koha
20:37 mib joined #koha
20:38 mib Hi all, can you please show me how to have the "creation date" in koha Bugzilla in the report ?
20:38 mib I see the "change column" but can't find the creation date...
20:44 Francesca joined #koha
20:45 wizzyrea top right, "Reported"
20:45 wizzyrea unless I am misunderstanding what you're after, which is totally possible.
20:46 mib Example :[…]5D&chfieldfrom=7d
20:46 mib How can I get the "creation date"
20:46 mib But directly in the list
20:46 mib I dont want to open every ticket to see it.
20:46 wizzyrea change columns, the button at the bottom
20:46 wahanui wizzyrea: that doesn't look right
20:47 mib I try and I input all column and I still dont see the creation date
20:47 wizzyrea add "opened"
20:47 mib :-)
20:47 mib THANKS!!!!
20:48 mib not sure why I did not see it the first time
20:48 wizzyrea ah it's ok, we all miss things ASK ME HOW I KNOW :)
20:49 mib is there also a way to filter by user who "commit" something ?
20:50 mib Example : I want to see get all ticket where a patch was submitted by someone ?
20:53 barton hi, the 3.18 documentatoin says that LinkerOptions is still experimental -- is there a bug open to expand this to make it production ready? I didn't see anything explicit in bugzilla.
20:53 wizzyrea probably not in the list, but maybe you can query
20:53 wizzyrea[…]ns&list_id=141047
20:54 wizzyrea that's everything that references LinkerOptions
20:54 barton wizzyrea: yeah I looked at those.
20:55 barton both tickets mention it in passing, but it's not the focus of either.
20:56 barton @seen jcamins
20:56 huginn` barton: jcamins was last seen in #koha 3 days, 22 hours, 32 minutes, and 26 seconds ago: * jcamins waves and heads off for a ballroom social.
21:01 nitz0 joined #koha
21:02 barton @later tell jcamins http://manual.koha-community.o[…]tml#LinkerOptions : "This feature is experimental and shouldn't be used in a production environment until further expanded upon." <= your name appears in the description -- do you know what the plans are for expansion?
21:02 huginn` barton: The operation succeeded.
21:03 kathryn joined #koha
21:25 Francesca joined #koha
21:26 cdickinson joined #koha
21:37 Dyrcona joined #koha
21:51 reiveune bye
21:51 reiveune left #koha
21:51 mario joined #koha
21:53 kathryn joined #koha
21:58 mario joined #koha
22:02 eythian hi
22:02 wahanui hello, eythian
22:05 jcamins barton|away: there are no plans.
22:19 * Francesca waves
23:14 irma joined #koha
23:23 mario joined #koha
23:23 JoshB joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary