IRC log for #koha, 2015-08-26

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 * dcook wonders if pianohacker is still around
00:04 dcook Ahh guess not
00:19 JoshB joined #koha
00:21 mario joined #koha
00:46 irma joined #koha
00:47 francesca joined #koha
00:53 dcook Hmm Params::Validate is kind of neat
00:59 BobB joined #koha
01:01 JoshB joined #koha
01:07 mtj oooh,[…]data-storage-0824
01:21 eythian
01:22 francesca woaaah creepy
01:44 papa joined #koha
01:50 JoshB joined #koha
01:58 tcohen joined #koha
02:01 francesca_ joined #koha
02:16 tcohen joined #koha
03:07 cdickinson[…]_may_i_uninstall/
05:02 putti joined #koha
05:19 Francesca joined #koha
05:22 cait joined #koha
05:31 Francesca joined #koha
05:44 * magnuse waves
05:56 Francesca joined #koha
06:04 Francesca joined #koha
06:05 Francesca left #koha
06:30 magnuse @wunder boo
06:30 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 18.0°C (8:20 AM CEST on August 26, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 64%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 29.71 in 1006 hPa (Steady).
06:30 reiveune joined #koha
06:30 magnuse @wunder marseille
06:30 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Realtor, CABRIES, France is 14.3°C (8:21 AM CEST on August 26, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 85%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Steady).
06:30 magnuse hah!
06:31 reiveune hello
06:31 p_vdk joined #koha
06:32 eythian @wunder nzwn
06:32 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 10.0°C (6:00 PM NZST on August 26, 2015). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 66%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 30.42 in 1030 hPa (Steady).
06:33 eythian ...and out into it I go...
06:33 p_vdk left #koha
06:34 magnuse overcast and 10C? doesn't sound too scary, eythian?
06:34 magnuse unless there is lots of wind, of course
06:34 eythian I think the forecast was for up to 40kph
06:35 eythian so not terrible
06:39 magnuse you've had worse, i bet :-)
06:41 fridolin joined #koha
06:42 fridolin hie there
06:54 magnuse bonjour fridolin
06:56 fridolin bonjour magnuse, ça gaze ? (means watsup')
07:01 alex_a joined #koha
07:01 alex_a bonjour
07:08 alex_a joined #koha
07:10 magnuse fridolin: ncip is up!
07:12 fridolin magnuse: ncip ?
07:12 wahanui well, ncip is NISO, SIP is 3M
07:13 fridolin eth0 is up ? :)
07:17 sophie_m joined #koha
07:18 Jul joined #koha
07:22 magnuse ncip is also
07:22 wahanui okay, magnuse.
07:39 fridolin Joubu: hie, continue on Bug 14544
07:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14544 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move the list related code to Koha::Virtualshelves
07:39 fridolin Joubu: test plan says : "3/ No feedback messages when actions are done" but there are nice messages after an action like removing a record
07:40 cdickinson joined #koha
07:41 francesca joined #koha
07:42 putti why koha says that a patron has too many holds even though the limit is 50 hold per patron.
07:43 putti Is it because there is some property of an item?
07:44 sophie_m putti: you can limit holds in you circulation rules
07:46 putti sophie_m, they seem to look fine.
07:47 putti What should be the status of the item be, so that I can place a hold for a patron?
07:48 fridolin Joubu: are u there ?
08:17 Viktor joined #koha
08:47 BobB_ joined #koha
08:51 irma joined #koha
09:18 cait joined #koha
09:18 cait morning #koha
09:18 * cait waves from the airport
09:28 hyvaria joined #koha
09:29 hyvaria joined #koha
09:31 cait @wunder Copenhagen
09:31 huginn cait: Error: No such location could be found.
09:31 cait @wunder Kopenhagen
09:31 huginn cait: Error: No such location could be found.
09:36 magnuse @wunder cph
09:36 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Copenhagen, Denmark is 16.0°C (11:20 AM CEST on August 26, 2015). Conditions: Light Drizzle. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 29.92 in 1013 hPa (Steady).
09:36 magnuse @wunder boo
09:36 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 20.0°C (11:20 AM CEST on August 26, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 60%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005 hPa (Steady).
09:36 magnuse hah!
09:37 cait thx magnuse :)
09:38 cait and you win too
09:39 magnuse when are you going?
09:39 BobB joined #koha
09:39 cait boarding soon :)
09:42 irma joined #koha
09:50 grharry joined #koha
09:52 grharry Are there any metaproxy .deb packages compatible with the lib versions bundled with the koha-3.20.3  indexdata zebra packages ??
09:52 grharry and if yes ... where ??
10:07 Joubu Hi #koha
10:10 alex_a joined #koha
10:13 fridolin Joubu: hie,
10:13 fridolin I'm on Bug 14544 lots of gifts for you
10:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14544 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move the list related code to Koha::Virtualshelves
10:13 Joubu fridolin: yes, feedback msgs are sent
10:13 Joubu to the user
10:14 fridolin Joubu: so why "no feedback messages" in test plan ?
10:15 Joubu because there is a superfluous negation
10:15 Joubu (and because my test plans suck)
10:16 Joubu fridolin: no, it's correct!
10:16 Joubu The patchset fixes some bugs:
10:16 Joubu 3/ No feedback messages when actions are done
10:16 fridolin ahhhhh
10:17 fridolin 2/ is a affirmation, 1/ and 3/ are the bug
10:17 fridolin okiii
10:17 fridolin Joubu: seen my last note ?
10:17 wahanui I haven't seen 'my', fridolin
10:17 fridolin wahanui: dont start you
10:17 wahanui fridolin: excuse me?
10:20 Joubu fridolin: yep, I am on it
10:20 ike_ joined #koha
10:21 fridolin Joubu:  also, how add a record on a public list (not mine) that allows it  ? it is not listed in "Add to..."
10:21 Joubu I think it should
10:22 Joubu fridolin: note that there are some bugs in this area, it's not the goal to the refactoring to fix them
10:22 ike_ left #koha
10:22 fridolin mmh but how test then
10:25 francesca joined #koha
10:28 ilimo joined #koha
10:33 Viktor joined #koha
10:38 Joubu fridolin: confirmed, it does not work, it should
11:43 Jul_ joined #koha
11:47 tcohen joined #koha
11:51 meliss joined #koha
12:21 tcohen joined #koha
12:29 tcohen morning!
12:31 alex_a hello tcohen
12:31 alex_a tcohen: For bug 8236, you mean you have merge problem on tests file ?
12:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8236 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha, Patch doesn't apply , Prevent renewing if overdue or restriction
12:31 alex_a I don't have such issue
12:32 tcohen exactly
12:32 alex_a only on updatedatabase script and syspref.sql
12:32 tcohen let me re-check
12:35 NateC joined #koha
12:47 jseplae joined #koha
12:50 tcohen alex_a: you should really keep the amount of newlines on (if you don't use atomicupdates)
12:51 alex_a tcohen: I wanted to use atomiupdates and remove all in
12:51 Joubu fridolin: new patch set submitted, all the bugs (you have found) should be fixed, and I have squashed the bug fixes
12:51 fridolin Joubu: okiii nice
12:52 tcohen alex_a: maybe i'm doing wrong, but after fixing the i still get the tests conflict
12:52 tcohen
12:53 tcohen ¡bonjour Joubu!
12:53 tcohen hi fridolin!
12:53 Joubu Salut tcohen
12:54 fridolin hie tcohen
12:56 alex_a tcohen: you are not wrong :(
12:57 marcelr joined #koha
12:57 marcelr hello #kha
12:57 marcelr koha
12:57 marcelr koha?
12:57 wahanui koha is a free software ils see for more info
12:57 marcelr ok
12:58 Joubu KOHA?
12:58 wahanui KOHA is, like, a free software ils see for more info
12:58 marcelr bug_14544++
12:58 Joubu arf no
12:58 JoshB joined #koha
12:58 fridolin Joubu: new pb : when not loggedin, public lists are empty
12:58 fridolin at OPAC
12:59 marcelr fridolin++
12:59 marcelr Joubu++
12:59 marcelr any one else ?
12:59 Joubu fridolin: where? I see them
12:59 fridolin Ah, I'll create a new one
13:00 marcelr wahanui: KOHA is wrong spelling
13:00 wahanui ...but koha is a free software ils see for more info...
13:00 fridolin Joubu: I see them but they are empty
13:00 marcelr wahanui forget KOHA
13:00 wahanui marcelr: I forgot koha
13:00 Joubu marcelr: not sure wahanui is case sensitive
13:00 marcelr koha?
13:00 Joubu "wahanui: marcelr: I forgot koha" :)
13:00 marcelr koha is GREAT
13:00 marcelr koha?
13:00 wahanui somebody said koha was GREAT
13:00 tcohen hi marcelr
13:00 marcelr hi tcohen
13:01 marcelr having a good time with wahanui
13:01 Joubu fridolin: ha yes...
13:01 tcohen are you attending the meeting?
13:01 Joubu erk
13:01 marcelr yes
13:01 marcelr is it already 14utc now?
13:01 marcelr still one hour to go?
13:03 tcohen joined #koha
13:03 fridolin tcohen:  did you have a look at Bug 14375  ? i have provided a UT
13:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14375 critical, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , DBIx::Connector should be stored in C4::Context instead of dbh
13:05 Joubu fridolin: ok patch coming
13:06 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:06 tcohen fridolin: awesome
13:06 tcohen yes, i saw it
13:08 fridolin tcohen: I hope we can validate it with Olli before 3.22 release
13:08 tcohen fridolin: what are you talking about now?
13:09 fridolin tcohen: bug nb 14375
13:09 fridolin about DBIx::Connetor, Olli said he will test
13:09 tcohen hm, his seems absent
13:09 tcohen hmm, absinths
13:09 Joubu fridolin: fixed
13:10 fridolin yep, i did not say today ;)
13:10 fridolin Joubu: new patch or changed one ?
13:11 Joubu fridolin: I have reuploaded some patches
13:11 fridolin oki
13:11 Joubu found a bug...
13:11 Joubu ok, bug on master too
13:12 Joubu you can create a bug even you are not logged in
13:12 Joubu well, you can access the add form, but the list is not created
13:14 fridolin Joubu:  sorry me again
13:15 fridolin when not logged-in, I have access to list creation form cgi-bin/koha/
13:15 fridolin i should be directed to auth$$$$ page
13:15 fridolin authentication page
13:15 alex_a_ joined #koha
13:17 Joubu fridolin: hum, it's the same as mine, isn't it?
13:18 nengard joined #koha
13:18 talljoy joined #koha
13:19 fridolin Joubu: the same as what ?
13:19 fridolin ah ^
13:19 fridolin yep same bug
13:19 fridolin ends with a bd error
13:20 Joubu I am fixing it, and removing the "new list" links when the user is not logged in
13:21 fridolin yep
13:23 mario joined #koha
13:25 Joubu fridolin: patch sent
13:27 fridolin Joubu: nice
13:28 tajoli joined #koha
13:31 cma joined #koha
13:33 magnuse time for dinner, will miss the meeting :-(
13:33 fridolin Joubu: cosmetic : "No private lists." should not appear when not loggedin
13:35 Joubu Actually the whole tab should not appear...
13:36 fridolin ok, I can go to op=add_form but when saving I get a message
13:36 fridolin we could also set authnotrequired = 1 for some $op
13:37 Joubu yes, for later ;)
13:37 fridolin so that after loggin you get to the wanted page
13:37 Joubu fridolin: "No private lists" is now hidden, with the last patch
13:37 fridolin later=never in programing ;)
13:38 Joubu it's "later" when it's out of the scope or existing bugs
13:39 marcelr later=bugs too
13:40 marcelr KOHA?
13:40 wahanui i heard KOHA was GREAT
13:40 marcelr koha?
13:40 wahanui koha is GREAT
13:41 marcelr wahanui KOHA is wrong spelling, but koha is GREAT
13:41 wahanui ...but koha is GREAT...
13:41 marcelr wahanui forget koha
13:41 wahanui marcelr: I forgot koha
13:41 marcelr wahanui KOHA is wrong spelling, but koha is GREAT
13:41 wahanui OK, marcelr.
13:41 marcelr koha?
13:41 wahanui rumour has it koha is wrong spelling, but koha is GREAT
13:41 marcelr o man
13:43 fridolin Joubu: no pb ;)
13:43 fridolin Joubu:  a newwww one :
13:43 fridolin OPAC on a record details page
13:43 fridolin one can create a new list with "Save to your lists"
13:44 fridolin after that the view of this list crashes
13:44 fridolin it is because sortby in NULL
13:44 fridolin maybe use "title" by default in db
13:45 Joubu ha, I have got this one, I thought I came to my data
13:45 Joubu from*
13:47 eythian joined #koha
13:51 mario joined #koha
13:54 fridolin Joubu: dirty one :)
13:54 putti fridolin, maybe it's like the bug 14732.
13:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14732 major, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Search patrons and add selected patrons to a new list gives an error
13:54 Joubu fridolin: why that?
13:54 amyjeankearns joined #koha
13:55 Joubu putti: not the same area, 14732 is about patron lists
13:55 putti okay :D
13:57 fridolin Joubu: oh because it failes on SQL syntax, deep below
13:57 Joubu I promise I have tried it!
13:58 fridolin I believ you
13:58 fridolin I have a last one, maybe not in scope
13:58 tubaclarinet joined #koha
13:58 Joubu fridolin: what's the sql error?
13:59 putti when is gmcharlt on irc usually?
13:59 fridolin Joubu: ... check syntax after : asc LIMIT 20"
14:00 Joubu fridolin: yes, but it should be gone after executing the DB update
14:00 fridolin since the sortby is missing  I think the SQL is : orderby (nothing) asc limit 20
14:00 fridolin ah correct
14:01 fridolin Joubu: is there a atomic update ?
14:01 Joubu yes
14:02 drojf joined #koha
14:04 fridolin Joubu: at OPAC
14:05 fridolin when a public list allow adding records, you can try to remove any record
14:05 fridolin and if you do, you get no message
14:05 fridolin but record is not removed
14:06 fridolin ah you get "No biblio has been removed. "
14:06 putti This is ok:[…]_bug.cgi?id=14732 ?
14:06 huginn Bug 14732: major, P3, ---, koha-bugs, RESOLVED INVALID, Search patrons and add selected patrons to a new list gives an error
14:07 drojf is this the dev meeting, or is that somewhen else?
14:07 fridolin I think there is a message "you do not have permission ...", but best whould be to not have the link
14:08 marcelr meeting?
14:08 wahanui i heard meeting was in two days, i thought was tomorrow. plenty of time then
14:08 Joubu fridolin: please provide a step by step plan on the bug report
14:08 marcelr good idea
14:08 tcohen oh
14:08 tcohen it is time!
14:08 marcelr yes sir
14:08 drojf there was an email about it ;)
14:09 tcohen i might have missed it drojf
14:09 drojf ok soit's not just me being confused :)
14:09 fridolin Joubu: oki
14:09 tcohen just a second
14:09 marcelr tcohen++ # 9809
14:11 tcohen i'll be here in 2 minutes
14:11 tcohen need to mark pushed to master some bugs before i foret
14:12 marcelr go for it
14:13 tcohen done
14:14 tcohen #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 1
14:14 huginn Meeting started Wed Aug 26 14:14:18 2015 UTC.  The chair is tcohen. Information about MeetBot at
14:14 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:14 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 1)
14:14 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_26_august_2015___part_1'
14:14 tcohen #topic Introductions
14:14 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
14:14 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 1)
14:14 tcohen please introduce yourself with #info
14:14 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:14 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, UK
14:14 marcelr #info Marcel
14:14 jajm #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre
14:15 nengard #info Nicole Engard, ByWater Solutions
14:15 tcohen will wait a couple more minutes
14:15 tcohen for others to join
14:16 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11190: -- Generate a Catalog sitemap <[…]f1ed6869b3e468297> / Bug 14557: Add holds count to holds tab <[…]8c03282625543d6f5> / Bug 14557: Clean up <[…]iff;h=a3b7f059a1f
14:16 tcohen huginn: shh, meeting
14:16 huginn tcohen: downloading the Perl source
14:16 tajoli #info Zeno Tajoli, Cineca, Italy
14:16 drojf #info mirko tietgen, berlin, germany
14:18 tcohen ok, i think that's all
14:18 tcohen khall_dnd: ?
14:18 tcohen ashimema?
14:18 wahanui rumour has it ashimema is on qa now .)
14:18 khall_dnd #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:18 Joubu dnd is for dungeon and dragon, isn't it?
14:19 tcohen yeah, he's distracted
14:19 marcelr no longer
14:19 tcohen ok, moving on then
14:19 khall ; )
14:19 tcohen #topic RM 3.22 comments
14:19 Topic for #koha is now RM 3.22 comments (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 1)
14:19 tcohen please RM, speak
14:19 tcohen not here? ok, moving on
14:20 tcohen #info some important sutff has been pushed recently, notably plack integration for packages and the sitemap building tool contributed by Tamil
14:21 tcohen #info I hope all of you have the chance to take a look to the plack integrating scripts, so we have them tuned for the release
14:21 tcohen #action the RM will send a pull request for kohadevbox to be adapted to this new scripts
14:23 tcohen #info Koha::Logger has been pushed too, and it is expected that new devs use it, while we don't enforce such things.
14:23 marcelr is there some rule for using Koha::Logger?
14:23 tcohen please ask here on IRC for help if you have doubts on how to use it
14:23 Joubu Koha::Logger: it would be great to have a coding guideline about how to use it
14:23 marcelr yes
14:23 tcohen yes, I agree 100%
14:24 tcohen khall: you wrote a piece of text on the wiki on how to use it, right?
14:24 marcelr if khall writes that rule, that would be great :)
14:24 khall tcohen: I'm not sure, I'll have to refresh my memory. If I haven't I'll be sure to do so!
14:25 khall I think I've only done a wiki page for Koha::Object
14:25 Joubu see comments on[…]g.cgi?id=14597#c6
14:25 huginn Bug 14597: major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Reverting a batch where a record overlaid is now deleted record will fail
14:25 tajoli also an article on koha newletter ?
14:26 tcohen good idea tajoli
14:26 tcohen khall: would you write something we could vote on a next dev meeting? (sooner than this one)
14:27 khall absolutely!
14:27 tcohen #action Kyle will write a proposal for adding the use of Koha::Logger to the coding guidelines
14:27 tcohen questions?
14:27 wahanui questions are good :)
14:27 tcohen I expect questions on plack
14:28 tcohen we really need testing
14:29 tcohen is anyone using kohadevbox for testing here?
14:29 Joubu not yet, will do soon
14:29 tajoli For test I use dev install
14:30 tcohen maybe we could do some tutorial during the next GBSD
14:31 tcohen ok, i'll move faster so we get to the main topic
14:31 tcohen i've been trying to keep my queue low, taking on bugs as a higher priority, and trying to push older stuff first
14:32 marcelr tcohen++
14:32 tcohen i remind you that if i ommit something it is not on purpose, so please tell me if you feel your work has been lagging on my queue
14:33 tcohen i'm trying not to get bored with the amount of boureaucratic work the RM tasks mean, so I've been coding stuff myself so i splitted my time (sort of) between small devs and the RM duties
14:33 tcohen at this time of the year, when lots of people are on vacation, it is difficult to keep the pace and have things moving on
14:34 tcohen this is a personal comment, but i want you to know that
14:34 tcohen it is a lot of work and too little fellows around
14:34 tcohen that's why i've been writing tab-completion patches and such
14:34 tcohen to stay focused on something fun
14:34 tcohen heh
14:34 tcohen ok
14:34 drojf fun++
14:34 tajoli I confirm that in Italy August is vacation month
14:35 tcohen as usual, let me know anything that is bothering or worrying you. better earlier than late
14:35 tcohen any other comments on my comments?
14:36 tcohen #topic RESTful API Implementation
14:36 Topic for #koha is now RESTful API Implementation (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 1)
14:36 tcohen work on this topic is sort of stuck right now
14:36 tcohen the point of this meeting was to talk about it, and try to figure what needs to be done to unlock that development
14:37 tcohen from the very beggining, the use of a web framework like Mojolicious has been subject of some criticism
14:38 tcohen we are not yet at a point where the results are in clear favour of using the framework, that's my opinion
14:38 tcohen while I am in favour of adopting Mojolicious
14:38 tcohen so, i support that implementation basis
14:39 tcohen my personal opinion is that the work that's been done was focused on one use-case, system<->system communication (hence the API key stuff)
14:40 tcohen and once the rest of us mentioned that integrating the use of CGISESSID and the rest of Koha's permission system into it
14:40 tcohen we got to a halt situation
14:41 tcohen Olli said it would be difficult to do with the current authentication API, and went all into rewriting (Koha heh) the Auth code
14:41 ashimema I've been MIA for a while I'm afraid, and will continue to be unfortunately for a little longer.. too much on my plate at the minute to get to grips with these re-writes :(
14:41 ashimema so.. apologies for little to no comments
14:41 khall I believe that the RESTful API needs to function for external access, and within Koha itself. If we don't use it in Koha, we'll be reinventing the wheel for any ajax work we do, and likely the API will not get well maintained
14:42 tcohen khall: exactly, that's why this was raised in the previous REST meeting
14:42 jajm does someone have looked at Olli's work ? i didn't have time to do so yet
14:43 tcohen is there a possibility that we integrate the current permissions checking code into the code jajm wrote with Mojo?
14:43 ashimema not in detail jajm.. it's a big piece
14:43 khall I've seen it and it look very nice
14:43 tajoli Olli work on Auth is based on many add on Koha::
14:44 fridolin I've had a look at Auth rewrite, looks very nice an object oriented code. But I cant say if its correct
14:45 tcohen it is a pity he's not around today, because i'd like him to remind us how he ended convincing himself the rewrite was the only way to go
14:45 tajoli See graph of dependeces from this bug:[…]_bug.cgi?id=13995
14:45 huginn Bug 13995: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, olli-antti.kivilahti, Needs Signoff , Proper Exception handling
14:45 Joubu and be scary
14:46 tajoli I think it is a good work but there are many assuption on dependeces and evolution of Koha code into Koha::
14:47 tcohen my feeling is that we should be able to hook the CGISESSID authentication and permission checking with the current API, in a non-fancy way, while we (step by step) re-do the authentication code
14:47 tajoli Many new pieces of code
14:47 Joubu The main problem, imo is that a lot of technical choices have been done, but without any consensus/discussion
14:47 Joubu if we continue in this direction, we'll never see something pushed for the next X years
14:47 Joubu (with X > 3)
14:48 tcohen Joubu: can u elaborate? (i assume you mean not only Mojo adoption)
14:48 tajoli exactlym this the problem "lot of technical choices have been done, but without any consensus/discussion"
14:48 Joubu I mean Olli's work
14:48 tcohen ok
14:48 Joubu The discussion has been done some months ago, and now we got several implementations
14:49 Joubu but nobody discuss and people does not work together
14:49 tcohen could we improvise a list of that decisions?
14:49 tcohen i can start:
14:49 tcohen - Exception handling
14:49 rocio joined #koha
14:49 tcohen (i've seen code from Olli and Jonathan that is not exactly similar, but on the same direction)
14:50 Joubu (quite the same)
14:50 tcohen olli's introduces several (too many) files for each exception, Jonathan's puts all of them in a single file
14:50 tcohen but when people looks at olli's patch, they just get scared by how many new classes are introduced
14:51 khall I think we could take a middle road between all exceptions in one file, and one file per exceptions. I think one file per module's exceptions would be good
14:51 tcohen khall++
14:52 Joubu this point is certainly is less important :)
14:52 jajm what is the bug number of Joubu's exceptions ?
14:52 Joubu the*
14:52 Joubu bug 14544
14:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14544 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move the list related code to Koha::Virtualshelves
14:52 Joubu somewhere in one patch
14:52 jajm thx
14:53 Joubu ([…]1958&action=edit)
14:54 tcohen[…]ment.cgi?id=41958
14:54 tcohen oops
14:54 tcohen 'description => "poeut"'
14:54 jajm i think the number of files doesn't matter, and with khall proposal won't we have to define what a module is ?
14:55 Joubu yes, agreed, there is no decision or discussion to get/have on this subject
14:55 tcohen i think we should have Koha::Exceptions for general ones, and the Koha::Exceptions::<Package> on a as-needed basis
14:56 jajm but do everyone agree on using exceptions ?
14:56 tcohen anyway
14:56 khall tcohen++
14:56 tcohen khall: it was your idea :-D
14:56 khall : )
14:57 khall jajm: I sure do. Does anyone *reject* the idea of using exceptions?
14:57 tcohen Joubu et al, can we try to create a list of implicit design decisions beside the use of Class::Exception?
14:57 tubaclarinet joined #koha
14:57 Joubu tcohen: mine is on the list rewrite
14:57 Joubu bug
14:58 Joubu pm raises an exception, the pl sent it to the tt and the templates show a specific message
14:59 Joubu not sure we can have several ways to do :)
14:59 jajm khall, i do not reject the idea, i'm not used to exceptions and a little afraid to have try/catch everywhere
14:59 Joubu jajm: not everywhere, just at the right places
14:59 tcohen Joubu: If we suggest Olli to colapse his general purpose exceptions into Koha::Exceptions, and you reuse them and add your package specific ones into a separate package, do u think it could work?
14:59 khall jajm, it will be a much cleaner approach to error handling in the long run. You can catch an exception at any point in the call chain
15:00 Joubu tcohen: yep
15:00 tcohen jajm: we already have if (!defined $something) { short_circuit_with_some_output_to_tt } else { move_on } everywhere
15:01 tcohen anyway, so we focus on the main subject
15:01 tcohen we found a design decision that needs to be discussed and consensus found before it can be pushed
15:02 tcohen the first thing is to reach a middle road approach so we at least look consistent
15:02 tcohen i will ask Olli and Jonathan to cooperate to have a single implementation, and we will discuss it on the next dev meeting, trying to reach some consensus about it, ok?
15:03 khall sounds good!
15:03 tcohen could we try to find another decisions that are implicitly made and should be discussed in the open?
15:03 Joubu I don't think it's worth to block the list rewrite, for instance(:p), where just renaming the file could be done later
15:04 khall I agree
15:04 grharry Does anyone know why when  the idzebra binaries 2.0.60-1 from indexdata are used ... all facets disappear from the OPAC ??
15:04 tcohen because we have this workflow in which if someone doesn't like it, he/she doesn't get involved, and no decision is made, maybe we should work on that issues
15:04 tcohen grharry: later, we are having a meeting right now
15:04 khall tcohen: what about the auth refactoring? is that a discussion for now or later?
15:05 Joubu bug 7174
15:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7174 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, olli-antti.kivilahti, Needs Signoff , Authentication rewriting
15:05 tcohen khall: i think we need to discuss if that rewrite would be mandatory for the REST work or not
15:05 khall ok, that makes sense
15:05 tcohen jajm: what's your feeling about it?
15:06 khall they have become somewhat intertwined it seems. If we say yes to mojo, then the refactor is needed according to ollie
15:06 tcohen can we have a simpler integration of the permissions layer into your Mojo implementation, or you are stuck about it? have no idea how to do it? need other opinions?
15:07 tcohen i ask all this because i haven't had the chance to look at olli's work in depth
15:07 Joubu I think at the last meeting, Mojo didn't reach a consensus
15:08 Joubu tcohen: so nobody had a look at olli's work
15:08 jajm my feeling is that the rest api authentication worked without the rewrite when i first wrote it, but the check for permissions had to be done inside controllers instead of inside the swagger.json file
15:08 Joubu maybe because it's a +10k lines change :)
15:09 tcohen so, we would end up with a no-ideal implementation
15:09 tajoli I see only Olli's work are many new files
15:09 cait joined #koha
15:10 jajm i don't really know what are the benefits of declaring needed permission in swagger.json
15:11 tcohen ashimema: ?
15:11 ashimema got called away.. just cathcing back up
15:12 tcohen jajm is saying that in principle we could have the REST implementation in Mojo without a full Auth rewrite, the only issue is that we will end up hooking perm checks on the controllers instead of declaring it in swagger
15:13 khall and what limitations does that cause? Does that mean the permissions needed are not auto-documented?
15:13 tcohen besides the fact that some devs are quite unhappy with adopting Mojo and it will probably lead to more discussions, do u think that situation jajm depicts should be blocker for the implementation? is it something we could work on later?
15:14 ashimema hmm..
15:14 ashimema having 'everything' defined within the specification file is a 'nice to have' but I wouldn't say it's a must to start with.
15:15 ashimema by everything in that context I mean the permissions stuff in this case.
15:15 ashimema but I'm sure other stuff will come up in the future
15:15 tcohen my feeling is (besides de Mojo problem) that we have always tried to do an incremental work. with this 'external' endpoint, we have the chance to do it incrementally, reusing what we already have, and taking the time to make things better on a as-needed basis
15:15 jajm aside from that, i'm wondering if permissions in swagger.json will be sufficient. for example, what if we want to require 'borrowers' permission for /borrowers/XXXX only when XXXX is not me ?
15:16 ashimema jajm, that's a very viable use case.. and your right.. there's no clear way to define that logic in a swagger specification
15:17 ashimema the swagger plugin for mojo does treat auth simply as a these pages need authentication, these don't approach..
15:17 ashimema it's doesn't deal with roles as far as i'm aware
15:18 ashimema roles = authorization as aposed to authentication I suppose..
15:18 ashimema it's certainly a complex problem without a simple soution
15:19 tcohen jajm: is it possible that your implementation is reduced to using user authentication (CGISESSID) and check for the needed permissions on the controller so it is simpler to think of and test?
15:19 ashimema part of my issues with the 'external' api is that our 'internal' api is so all over the place
15:19 tcohen you mean we are probably inconsistent? :-D
15:20 ashimema pretty much all of our authen methods do eventually end up with a CGISESSID cookie..
15:20 ashimema so I think that would be a great way forward
15:22 jajm tcohen, it is certainly possible to check for CGISESSID cookie before the api key stuff, if this is what you mean
15:22 ashimema I'd kinda like to see an example of an area of our code that's written to take advantage of all the Mojo stuff.
15:22 tcohen what i mean is to take all but CGISESSID-based authentication out
15:23 tcohen and have the end-point require the same permissions requires (for example)
15:24 tcohen ashimema: i don't think we can find that, as the REST end-point would only benefit a UI integration using AJAX (like if we used angular)
15:25 t4nk493 joined #koha
15:25 jajm tcohen, it's also possible (even if i don't understand why we would remove apikeys authentification)
15:25 tcohen ashimema: you are asking why we think using a web framework like Mojo would benefit the project compared to just sticking to Koha::SErvice?
15:25 t4nk493 Hello!, I got a question about hourly loans
15:26 ashimema That's sorta my point.. the biggest use case for a nice restful api, is for a angualr like ui as the consumer..
15:26 ashimema thus, I think whoever is doing the api work needs to prove they've 'got it' from the consumers point of view too..
15:26 ashimema dogfooding the api
15:26 t4nk493 Koha takes care about the close time of the library to issue in hours?
15:27 ashimema I have nothing against Mojo.. in fact I love it.
15:27 khall ashimema: you are correct. That's is/was the plan with the ajax based circ pianohacker has written. Once we've got our RESTul services, he'll be rewriting it to use them
15:27 ashimema but I'm not entirely sure how it intergrates into koha as is..
15:27 t4nk493 if the library close at 19:00 and you checkout at 17:00 for 3 hours, Koha must force this checkout to 19:00 instead of 20:00 ...
15:27 ashimema khall.. I think circ is too big fro such an example..
15:28 ashimema I was more thinking a tiny area of functionality..
15:28 khall ashimema: as a proof of concept, yes, way too big
15:28 ashimema say 'Your patron lists' under the tools area?
15:28 ashimema that's tiny, well defined.
15:28 ashimema hopefulyl wouldn't take too much to create the api routes for etc.
15:28 tcohen[…]40079d259f24d4694
15:29 ashimema that way we can see how people are suggesting integrating te mojo stuff into the existing koha stuff..
15:29 khall ashimema:I think you are asking for a proof of concept patch that would actually use the mojo based rest api. is that correct?
15:29 khall use it within Koha that is
15:29 ashimema yeah..
15:30 tcohen chicken-egg situation
15:30 ashimema that way one can look at it, prove it's all working.. authentication, api routes, etc etc.
15:30 jajm ashimema, i don't know angular, but can't we make it use the apikey mechanism ?
15:30 khall ok. We could go about this by replacing something in svc with a mojo equivalent then modify the code calling the svc script to use mojo instead
15:30 ashimema I dunno.. it's all conjecture at this point fomr me as I've not got the time to do anything much on koha :(
15:31 ashimema I dont' entirely understand your api key mechanism..
15:31 ashimema feels like re-inventing the wheel somewhat (i've done that plenty of times.. usually not a good idea)..
15:31 tcohen jajm: angular is running on the browser, and reuses the session cookie
15:32 ashimema jajm.. can you sum up what your apikey stuff achieves?
15:32 ashimema what's it's use case?
15:32 tcohen the api-key mechanism is similar to google's api key mechanism, but i think it only introduces noise to this
15:33 tcohen that's why i propose to leave that out of the discussion
15:33 tcohen it *might* be useful, but the use cases we should be considering are using the REST endpoints from the Koha UI
15:34 ashimema agree with tcohen.
15:34 jajm ashimema, it's a bit hard to summarize it, but it's designed to be secure and is based on this page ([…]l-authentication/ - 7th point - in french, sorry)
15:34 ashimema using cgisessions for me is a first case
15:35 khall agreed
15:35 khall cgisessions will still work with external services, it's just not as simple
15:37 jajm if we agree to use cookie based authentication, the whole point of using apikeys mechanism (security) is lost imo
15:38 tcohen jajm: i'm not sure about that, but certaintly the session cookie use case is really important at this point
15:39 tcohen and given the fact that having the permissions layer defined on the swagger configuration is not that obvious
15:39 ashimema there's two disperate use cases here..
15:39 tcohen i think we could have a functional POC to play with, without rewriting Koha to have a RESTful endpoint
15:40 ashimema tcohen, khall adn I are thinking about the internal uses (i.e the Koha Client), jajm is thinking of the external uses ( i.e joomla, druple whatever as the client)
15:40 ashimema both use cases are definitely important.
15:40 tcohen ashimema: exactly, and that is correct, but we could do that on a separate bug
15:42 ashimema jajm, that page bascialyl describe OAuth.. if we want to go that route.. we should use actual OAuth
15:42 ashimema ;)
15:42 ashimema that's a different conversation though.. as tcohen says
15:43 marcelr sorry, have to go
15:46 fridolin see u
15:46 fridolin left #koha
15:47 khall I agree with ashimema both internal and external use cases a equally important and necessary
15:47 khall I know Ebsco wants to do neat stuff with Koha once we have an API in place
15:47 ashimema I'm still struggling with the apikey stuff..
15:47 ashimema trying to read the code quickly..
15:47 ashimema it looks to me like your giving a key to each user?
15:48 jajm ashimema, yes
15:48 ashimema that's madness.. that's just like giving them yet another password
15:49 ashimema the apikey notion is all about allowing app to app communication..
15:49 ashimema So.. you have an apikey per application that wants to consume your api..
15:50 Joubu I don't think so, 1 apikey per koha user
15:50 ashimema app x wants permission to access app y, app y generates a key and gives it to app x... app x then signs all requests to app y with their key (you've authenticated the APP)..
15:50 Joubu 1 user could use several apps
15:50 jajm ashimema, it's like another password... but a password that is not sent through network, it's only used to encrypt the request
15:50 ashimema app x want's to access user z's data in app y, user z has to allow app x said access by logging into app z and allowing it.
15:51 ashimema if user z wants to login to app x with their account from app y, then they just use their username and password..
15:51 ashimema preferably within the originating app.. nto the external one..
15:52 ashimema this is how github, google, facebook etc all work
15:52 ashimema I think your mistaking a password for an auth token here
15:52 mario joined #koha
15:52 jajm anyway... as a first step we could use only cookie based authentication, that will let us the time to rethink about api key authentication
15:52 ashimema sounds good to me..
15:53 Joubu yes please, a first step :)
15:53 tcohen jajm++
15:53 khall agreed!
15:53 ashimema I'd read up on OAuth and JWT jajm.. those are the technologies that are leading the pile for this sort of thing..
15:53 ashimema but using cookies for now is perfectly acceptable to me.
15:53 ashimema in app.
15:54 tcohen jajm: i have only one concern with the patchset (once we limit the scope of the bug to cookie sessions)
15:54 ashimema I do have some plans to increase our cookie security a bit shuold we need to..
15:54 ashimema I'm not entirely sure if we're hmac'ing them or not at the moment..
15:54 ashimema or any of the other clever stuff..
15:54 ashimema jajm++
15:54 Joubu hmac'ing?
15:54 ashimema cookies aren't inherantly insecure.. it's how most people use them that is.
15:55 tcohen jajm: if you take a look at the plack integration i've made, you will notice I added (commented out) a /api route on the apache configuration for packages
15:55 Joubu k got it
15:55 ashimema adding timestamps and bits Joubu
15:56 ashimema that page jajm linked to (in french) will probably explain them better than me.
15:56 tcohen we should really think of a way to make running this easier
15:56 ashimema to note though.. mojo session cookies are hmac'd out of the box ;)
15:56 tcohen so we could use that route or change it
15:56 dpk joined #koha
15:57 jajm tcohen, what is your concern exactly ?
15:57 tcohen if it is possible to integrate your work into the packages configuration for easier testing
15:58 tcohen olli added several configuration files, etc
15:58 tcohen it has got a bit messy
15:58 tcohen requiring a domain name to run it
15:58 jajm tcohen, you're talking about[…]_bug.cgi?id=13791 ?
15:58 tcohen api.<your koah>
15:58 huginn Bug 13791: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , Plack - Out of the box support on packages
15:58 tcohen yeap
15:59 Joubu so, what's the next step?
15:59 tcohen to me, the next step is that we clean the bug up
16:00 tcohen and reduce the patchset to only session cookie authentication
16:00 tcohen i volunteer to help on writing the patches to integrate this with the packages
16:02 Joubu Should we take a decision for Olli's patchs?
16:02 Joubu not now, but another meeting dedicated to this subject?
16:02 jajm tcohen, patch 1.1 of[…]_bug.cgi?id=13799 changes just that: it allows to access api through http://opac/v1/... or http://intranet/v1/...
16:02 huginn Bug 13799: new feature, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Add base for building RESTful API
16:02 tcohen first things first
16:03 tcohen jajm: do u think you can have the time to work on the changes that have been mentioned?
16:03 tcohen i mean, you or biblibre (who were in charge of this work)
16:04 jajm tcohen, maybe we should discuss that with Olli first, don't you think ?
16:04 bag morning
16:04 tcohen jajm: I think we can all agree that there is a consensus that the full Auth rewrite is not mandatory at this point
16:05 tcohen it is a good road to go through, but not blocker to have this move on
16:05 bag thanks for chatting about this (got here as fast as I could)
16:06 tcohen but i think it is ok to include Olli on this session cookie implementation if you feel like
16:06 jajm ok
16:06 tcohen jajm: do u think you can have the time to work on the changes that have been mentioned? probably with Olli's help?
16:07 * tcohen wants t owrite an #action right now :-D
16:08 jajm tcohen, you can write an #action ;)
16:09 jajm i can work on that soon
16:09 tcohen #action Julian/Biblibre will refactor his REST API implementation so it does session cookie authentication, and API-key mechanism implementation/discussion will be dealt with on a separate bug
16:10 tcohen #action Tomas will help if needed on integrating it to the packages and kohadevbox so testing it is easier for anyone
16:10 tcohen #action Jonathan will bring the belgian beer we all miss
16:10 bag YAY!
16:10 jajm \o/
16:10 tcohen Joubu: regarding the Auth rewrite
16:11 tcohen I think that work looks good so far, and it should probably be discussed on the next dev meeting
16:11 ashimema got called away to fix a server.. back now.
16:11 ashimema yeay.. actions
16:11 tcohen if Olli is available
16:11 tcohen #action Tomas will ask Olli when he can be available to attend a dev meeting to discuss his Auth rewrite
16:12 tcohen am i missing something?
16:12 tcohen ah, yeah
16:12 tcohen Kyle volunteered to write a POC using the REST API
16:12 tcohen right?
16:12 tcohen :-D
16:12 khall yes!
16:13 khall I'll give it a shot at least
16:13 tcohen #action Kyle and pianohacker will be looking into this rewrite of the REST api to base their AJAX circulation work on it
16:13 ashimema use a nice tiny page pretty please khall ;)
16:14 tcohen ashimema: we were thinking of rewriting the framework editing pages :-P
16:14 ashimema I'm shying away from reading scary big re-writes of massive modules at the moment..
16:14 ashimema haha
16:14 tcohen anyone has something else to add to this?
16:15 tcohen i feel we need to move on as this got pretty lenghty
16:16 tcohen ok, moving on
16:16 tcohen #topic 'Big stuff we are working on'
16:16 Topic for #koha is now 'Big stuff we are working on' (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 1)
16:16 tcohen anyone?
16:16 wahanui i heard anyone was free to organize one at any time :-)
16:16 * ashimema has to scarper.. i'm on tea cooking duty this evening and the girls are screaming hungry
16:16 khall I've been working on a document delivery / article request feature. I know cait's ears perked up when I filed the bug ; )
16:16 ashimema awesome khall
16:16 ashimema khall++
16:17 tcohen khall++
16:17 tcohen #info Kyle has been working on a document delivery / article request feature
16:17 tcohen bug number?
16:18 khall will find
16:18 tcohen someone else?
16:18 khall bug 14610
16:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14610 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Add ability to place document delivery / article requests in Koha
16:18 tcohen #link[…]_bug.cgi?id=14610
16:18 huginn Bug 14610: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Add ability to place document delivery / article requests in Koha
16:20 tcohen I have started working on using some of the prior work from jcamins to better abstract search results and for moving around records. One of the goals is to make them carry some data on their own
16:20 tcohen like metadata schema, serialization format
16:21 tcohen ideally, we could get JSON, USMARC, XML, etc and have the code know what to do with each of them
16:21 tcohen that's what I've been thinking about
16:21 tcohen the ES implementation will translate things into MARC to reuse the current business logic/presentation logic
16:22 tcohen but at some point we should just use Koha::RecordProcessor (with Koha::Filter::*) to handle just
16:22 tcohen Koha::MetadataRecord objects
16:23 tcohen that way, if we want to support a different serialization format, we just need to subclass Koha::Filter, to handle our serialization format, and unit tests would be already written
16:23 jajm is there a bug number ?
16:23 tcohen my preliminary work so far:  bug 14645
16:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14645 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, ASSIGNED , Koha::RecordProcessor should deal with Koha::MetadataRecord objects
16:24 tcohen and bug 14639
16:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14639 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Extend Koha::MetadataRecord to handle serialization format
16:25 tcohen we should then make ES / Zebra code return Koha::MetadataRecord objects
16:25 tcohen probably wrapped inside Koha::Search::Results or something similar
16:25 tcohen anyway, i just mention it for anyone interested to know
16:26 tcohen once i have something more interesting i will show up, probabluy robin will have something to add/discuss about this
16:27 tcohen ok
16:28 tcohen #info Tomas is starting to work on some better abstraction using Koha::MetadataRecord for easier handling of different serialization formats and better code modularity (i.e. rewriting C4::Search, specially the code that deals with filtering record data)
16:28 tcohen #link[…]_bug.cgi?id=14645
16:28 huginn Bug 14645: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, ASSIGNED , Koha::RecordProcessor should deal with Koha::MetadataRecord objects
16:28 tcohen #link[…]_bug.cgi?id=14639
16:28 huginn Bug 14639: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Extend Koha::MetadataRecord to handle serialization format
16:28 tcohen someone else?
16:29 tcohen #topic GBSD - Reminder, things that need to be done
16:29 Topic for #koha is now GBSD - Reminder, things that need to be done (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 1)
16:30 tcohen #info Remember we have a Global Bug Squashing Day (GBSD) planned for September 3 2015
16:30 reiveune joined #koha
16:30 tcohen don't miss it
16:30 reiveune left #koha
16:30 tcohen #info if you have something you think might be interesting for that day, please check here[…]bug_squashing_day
16:31 tcohen i really have to leave, so if no one else has something to add
16:31 tcohen #topic Set time of next meeting
16:31 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 1)
16:31 banzi joined #koha
16:31 tcohen #action Tomas will post on koha-devel with a proposal for the next meeting
16:31 tcohen and that's it
16:31 tcohen thanks everyone
16:31 tcohen jajm++
16:32 jajm thanks tcohen
16:32 tcohen #endmeeting
16:32 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the IRC home of Koha | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
16:32 huginn Meeting ended Wed Aug 26 16:32:13 2015 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
16:32 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-08-26-14.14.html
16:32 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]5-08-26-14.14.txt
16:32 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]26-14.14.log.html
16:38 tajoli left #koha
16:39 tcohen lunch time, later #koha
16:40 tubaclarinet joined #koha
16:45 grharry left #koha
16:49 tubaclarinet left #koha
16:56 visitor joined #koha
16:56 tubaclarinet joined #koha
17:00 visitor left #koha
17:12 tubaclarinet Good day everyone...I have a stupid question 2 ask
17:14 tubaclarinet How do I change my nickname on this system?
17:17 bag /nick ......
17:17 bag @help nick
17:17 huginn bag: (nick [<nick>]) -- Changes the bot's nick to <nick>. If no nick is given, returns the bot's current nick.
17:18 tubaclarinet Thx, I'll try it out
17:20 [tubaclarinet] @bag: thx :-)
17:20 huginn [tubaclarinet]: downloading the Perl source
17:21 pianohacker Joubu: could I ask you a quick question about fe986573dd6a6b10dc0456be2609ee29cb459ac8 ?
17:22 pianohacker it seems like that commit made it impossible to properly save the value of cache_expiry when editing an SQL report. Is that true, or am I missing something?
17:32 wnickc joined #koha
18:18 rocio1 joined #koha
18:35 tcohen hi magnuse
18:38 tubaclarinet joined #koha
18:46 nengard Is there a way to change the email address a bug was entered with? I entered some bugs with the wrong account the other day
18:50 tuba-clarinet joined #koha
19:00 francharb joined #koha
19:13 magnuse hiya tcohen and nengard
19:14 magnuse nengard: probably not
19:14 magnuse bz does not seem too keen on letting people change things
19:21 nengard grumble
19:21 nengard i might deleete my bugs and reenter them :)
19:23 nengard left #koha
19:25 tcohen oh my
19:25 tcohen a user is saying they cannot use the cataloguing plugin if they don't set superlibrarian permissions for the user...
19:25 tcohen i said "you are doing it wrong"
19:25 tcohen well, they are not
19:35 tcohen bye #koha
19:49 trea joined #koha
19:56 jseplae joined #koha
20:00 meliss joined #koha
20:12 cdickinson joined #koha
20:29 tubaclarinet joined #koha
20:42 barton hey all, I was just talking about cleaning up warnings in /var/log/apache2/error.log, pianohacker suggested that I file bug reports, because these should be easy to fix and are fodder for koha programmers who are  looking for experience...
20:43 barton I think that I can do one better though:
20:43 barton cut -c 28- /var/log/apache2/error.log /var/log/apache2/error.log | sort | uniq -c | sort -n
20:44 barton ^^ this will find perl warnings in the apache2/error.log sorted by frequency.
20:45 barton fun for the whole community! :-)
20:47 barton pianohacker also mentioned that mtompset had done a lot of work on this, for which I applaud him.
20:47 tcohen joined #koha
20:47 barton mtompset++
20:48 barton tcohen: any more fun with shell expansions :-) ?
20:53 tcohen barton: hey, only koha-indexer
20:54 tcohen guys, I'm in the middle of family/home stuff, I'm not sure i will attend the whole meeting, not to speak about chairing it
20:55 barton hey, that's good by me... for day to day support, koha-mysql and koha-shell are the ones that I use every day.
20:57 tcohen next is koha-translate in my queue
21:07 rangi @later tell magnuse http://dashboard.koha-communit[…]/needsignoff/json  for GBSD
21:07 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
21:07 barton tcohen: do you have a list of bug tickets for those, or are you creating tickets as you move through the queue?
21:08 tcohen barton: the second option
21:09 rangi barton: aleisha has been fixing a bunch of noisy warns too
21:09 * rangi goes back to training
21:09 cdickinson rangi: change of plans, can't come in today, something I need to go to in the afternoon. but I will be working on the project today
21:09 wahanui cdickinson: that doesn't look right
21:10 rangi cdickinson: no worries
21:10 cait joined #koha
21:10 cdickinson wish I didn't forget my USB flash drive though
21:10 cdickinson at Catalyst yesterday
21:10 barton aleisha++
21:12 * cait waves
21:15 barton hi cait!
21:15 cait hi barton
21:18 tcohen it is time for the part 2 of the meeting (its' been for 18 minutes i think)
21:18 tcohen cait: i said i'm not able to be 100% on the meeting
21:19 tcohen could anyone chair instead?
21:19 cait i can't sorry
21:19 tcohen I think i put the right links to the minutes
21:19 tcohen on the wki
21:19 tcohen np
21:19 magnuse joined #koha
21:25 pianohacker tcohen: I think the bulk of the dev meeting happened this morning; I don't know if there's much left for right now
21:25 pianohacker eythian++
21:26 tcohen pianohacker: i'm not sure, there are some concerns about the introduction of mojolicious, and i know you've been playing with an alternate implementation for your ajax circ rewrite
21:27 tcohen maybe having more people give their opinion would be great
21:28 pianohacker Alternate, much more minimalist implementation, yes. There was so much push for the REST one that I thought that was a settled question
21:28 tcohen i cannot chair, so we still depend on someone's willingness to do it, and people to participate
21:28 tcohen there's always pros and cons
21:29 tcohen making them explicit to make out choices is the best way to go
21:30 pianohacker tcohen: neither bag nor I know how to chair, unfortunately, and khall is out :/
21:30 bag tcohen: can you teach pianohacker how to chair?
21:31 tcohen pianohacker: this is the agenda
21:31 tcohen split your screen IRC | agenda
21:31 tcohen if you look at the "Full log" link
21:32 tcohen you will see preceded by # what i put on each part of the meeting
21:32 pianohacker okay. I think I can do that.
21:32 tcohen you should copy and paste some of those
21:33 pianohacker Should I go ahead and get this show on the road?
21:33 pastebot "rangi" at pasted "my thoughts" (4 lines) at
21:33 tcohen changing some stuff, minimal changes
21:33 tcohen pianohacker: also, tell people rangi's thoughts too, we usually do that when someone cannot attend but leaves his thoughts
21:34 tcohen pianohacker: yeah!
21:34 pianohacker all right!
21:34 pianohacker #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 2
21:34 huginn Meeting started Wed Aug 26 21:34:19 2015 UTC.  The chair is pianohacker. Information about MeetBot at
21:34 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:34 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 2)
21:34 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_26_august_2015___part_2'
21:34 pianohacker #topic Introductions
21:34 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:34 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 2)
21:34 pianohacker Please introduce yourself with #info
21:35 pianohacker #info Jesse Weaver, ByWater Solutions
21:35 barton #info barton, bws, Louisville Ky, USA
21:35 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
21:36 pianohacker will leave introductions open until :40
21:36 tcohen great
21:36 tcohen eythian?
21:37 wahanui go back to bed, eythian
21:37 tcohen it must be beer o'clock
21:38 wizzyrea #info Liz Rea, Catalyst IT
21:38 barton tcohen: it's always beer o'clock for wahanui.
21:39 pianohacker cait or cdickinson?
21:40 cait not really here
21:40 pianohacker kk
21:40 cait sorry
21:40 pianohacker no worries
21:41 pianohacker moving on
21:41 bag #info brendan gallagher bywater
21:41 pianohacker #topic Summary from part 1
21:41 Topic for #koha is now Summary from part 1 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 2)
21:41 pianohacker #link http://meetings.koha-community[…]-08-26-14.14.html
21:42 pianohacker Things of note:
21:42 jseplae_ joined #koha
21:42 pianohacker Plack integration in 3.22
21:42 pianohacker Possibility of adding Koha::Logger to coding guidelines
21:43 pianohacker Work on REST API to simplify auth and integrate into packages
21:43 pianohacker anything else I should mention?
21:44 tcohen i asked everyone to test the plack integration for the packages
21:44 tcohen and promised to send a pull request for kohadevbox so it makes use of the new scripts and we can test this
21:45 pianohacker excellent
21:45 bag yes
21:45 wizzyrea yep, good stuff
21:45 trea joined #koha
21:46 tcohen that's it from me
21:46 pianohacker tcohen: would you like to add any RM comments?
21:46 tcohen i forgot to mention that using plack the way I proposed poses some challenges while trying to solve another ones :-D
21:46 wizzyrea such as?
21:47 pianohacker #topic RM 3.22 comments
21:47 Topic for #koha is now RM 3.22 comments (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 2)
21:47 tcohen as i said yesterday here, the apache docs lie about what is supported in which version
21:47 tcohen so running this as-is requires backporting apache from 14.10 on ubuntu 14.04, and enabling the backports component of Debian 7
21:48 wizzyrea Ah
21:48 tcohen for ubuntu there is a ppa doing it, and for debian it just works adding wheezy-backports
21:48 tcohen we have enough time to test this, and fix it however we find more siutable
21:48 pianohacker is there no other way to connect to plack? running it directly with mod-fcgid, for instance?
21:49 tcohen the current approach relied on finding free TCP socket ports for running each plack process
21:49 pianohacker #info Current proposed method for integrating Plack into packages requires a version of Apache only present in Ubuntu 14.10 and wheezy-backports
21:49 tcohen i shortcircuited that issue, by using Unix Domain sockets instead, taking advantage of apache 2.4's capabilities
21:50 tcohen pianohacker: i would add that Debian 8 works out of the box
21:50 tcohen so it sounds less bad :-D
21:50 pianohacker that's Jessie, right?
21:50 tcohen rigt
21:50 tcohen i'll talk about this on the list
21:50 pianohacker #info addition to above: also included in Debian 8 (Jessie)
21:51 wizzyrea these things sound fixable
21:51 pianohacker yup
21:51 wizzyrea or roundaboutable
21:51 * wizzyrea is not sure that's a word
21:51 pianohacker round abou table?
21:51 pianohacker :)
21:51 tcohen wizzyrea: if you don't have the right apache version, it just doesn't use plack, no breakage
21:51 tcohen (at least :-D)
21:52 tcohen i have to add (rangi reminded me) that this approach is also suitable for using with nginx
21:52 wizzyrea yep, that's what I was picking up, thanks :)
21:52 tcohen which is yet another integration challenge
21:52 tcohen anyway, lets move on :-D
21:52 wizzyrea zoom.
21:53 pianohacker And that's not really a blocker, IMO; you only get easy plack integration if you have the latest distro version or do a tiny bit of extra work
21:53 pianohacker tcohen: no other comments?
21:53 wizzyrea and we'll be moving towards better support, not away, over time.
21:53 tcohen nope, and that's pretty much all my participation, gotta pick manuel
21:54 tcohen bye!
21:54 pianohacker #topic RESTful API Implementation
21:54 Topic for #koha is now RESTful API Implementation (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 2)
21:54 pianohacker bye tcohen
21:54 wizzyrea bye
21:54 pianohacker wizzyrea: agreed
21:55 pianohacker Two main bugs:
21:55 pianohacker[…]_bug.cgi?id=13799
21:55 pianohacker and
21:55 huginn Bug 13799: new feature, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Add base for building RESTful API
21:55 pianohacker[…]_bug.cgi?id=13920
21:55 huginn Bug 13920: new feature, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, RESOLVED DUPLICATE, API authentication system - proposal
21:56 wizzyrea regarding this api - rangi asked me to convey the following (he's away from his desk) : I much prefer a lighter approach like Koha::Service that pianohacker has been doing, or the svc/ system However if there is a way to do it without needing an Auth rewrite and a new daemon running, I could live with it.
21:56 wizzyrea so I think he's not totally on board with the current approach
21:56 pianohacker as far as moving that proposal forward, the strategy from the earlier meeting was to simplify the authentication system so that it could move forward without a rewrite for now
21:57 pianohacker wizzyrea: agreed, and I think there are a lot of reservations about its complexity
21:57 pianohacker one big question I have is whether this is at least testable without requiring a separate server for mojo
21:58 cait I am all for simplifying - the harder we make it, the slower we will move forward - becuase people are too scared to test, try, activate...
21:58 bag I think this mornings things adressed those wizzyrea - simple auth - no rewrite and tcohen said he’d help with the techinical integration
21:58 pianohacker I'd like to propose that we add a CGI script based on[…]ojo/Server/
21:58 pianohacker at /api
21:58 bag a challenge on the daemon part - but I think everyone felt like it could be possible
21:58 cait simple auth sounds good - but i still have no idea how to set it up
21:59 cait basically pianohacker's question probably
21:59 pianohacker It would be hidden by an apache rewrite if the daemon is set up, but would work (if slowly) otherwise
21:59 pianohacker thoughts?
21:59 cait pianohacker: can you explain a bit more?
22:00 cait it sounds good, but not sure i understand :)
22:00 wizzyrea ^
22:00 pianohacker my idea is that we create a CGI script literally called api (without a .pl, like the scripts in svc)
22:00 pianohacker that launches the API using Mojo::Server::CGI
22:01 pianohacker it would have to set up everything on every single request, but would allow far easier testing
22:01 pianohacker (this is all on the assumption that the paths for the api are under /api/ ; is that true?)
22:03 cait pianohacker: easier testing sounds good - what would you not need to set up in that case?
22:03 pianohacker the mojo daemon or the apache reconfiguration
22:04 wizzyrea ah yeah it would fire one up for each request, and not be daemonised I think I understand.
22:04 pianohacker ^
22:04 cait so a compromise, having both ways with advantages/disadvantages
22:04 wizzyrea that would be poky, but testable
22:04 pianohacker and honestly, my initial thought is also that it would be poky, but we should test and see how terrible it is
22:06 pianohacker because heck, if it's only as slow as any other CGI script, we could just say that to speed up the REST API, set up plack :)
22:06 bag that was a thought that I have heard pianohacker - plack
22:08 bag and plack integration into packages now - that’s nice and simple
22:08 pianohacker #action pianohacker will investigate feasibility of running API as CGI script
22:08 wizzyrea if there is urgency on this bug, and I think that there is, making it testable would definitely help.
22:08 pianohacker bag: has anyone run the API as part of a general Plack install?
22:08 bag yes urgency :)
22:08 bag don’t know the answer of yes/no for that question
22:09 pianohacker yeah, we're looking at doing ajax circ using this, and there's, uh, interest in that
22:09 wizzyrea (but I don't think that those people who have reservations [smarter people than me] will probably come around to this approach)
22:09 wizzyrea that's just your hazard warning.
22:10 bag I’d recommend for anyone/everyone from the above comment - to read the logs from this morning
22:10 bag there was good discussion there
22:10 bag and to speak up :)
22:10 pianohacker I have a massive pile of reservations about this, mostly related to its complexity, the difficulty and boilerplate of adding new API endpoints, testing difficulties, etc
22:11 pianohacker but I think we've got it okay enough that we should try to polish this thing up as much as we can so we don't lose it
22:12 pianohacker any other thoughts about the API for now?
22:13 wizzyrea what are the alternatives, if any?
22:13 pianohacker I'm not really counting C4::Service, that's old and silly
22:14 pianohacker There's Koha::Service, which represents the polar opposite approach, but which I don't push much for reasons of conflict of interest:
22:14 pianohacker[…]_bug.cgi?id=12272
22:14 huginn Bug 12272: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, NEW , Refactor C4::Service API into Koha::Service class
22:15 pianohacker that's mostly a cleaner way of doing the old style of service, though
22:16 pianohacker my understanding is that the reasoning behind the new API was starting fresh with a style of API that's a little more internally structured
22:17 z joined #koha
22:17 wizzyrea (I'm still here, just pondering)
22:17 wizzyrea What are the absolute most basic things we need out of this?
22:18 wizzyrea what is the minimum necessary
22:18 bag api?
22:18 wahanui rumour has it api is expected to be flexible enough to let us add other search engines later
22:18 pianohacker RESTful, versioned API
22:18 bag wiki?
22:18 wahanui wiki is
22:19 pianohacker #link[…]/New_REST_API_RFC
22:20 wizzyrea so doing stuff with borrowers, and searching serial items?
22:21 pianohacker that's the thrust of the RFC, though Kyle or I will be shortly adding checkin/checkout
22:21 eythian hi
22:21 wahanui bonjour, eythian
22:22 bag this are the minimums
22:22 bag typing give me a sec
22:22 bag 1. Auth
22:22 bag 2 get patron status
22:22 bag 3. get checkout infromation
22:22 bag 4. get hold information
22:22 bag 5 get fine information
22:22 bag 6 renew checkout
22:23 bag 7 create edit delete hold
22:23 bag 8 get pickup location
22:24 bag <finished>
22:24 bag That’s a summary - of course each area has a lot more to them - but that’s the heading :D
22:25 wizzyrea Is there an actual specification document anywhere?
22:25 wizzyrea public
22:25 bag I thought it was on the wiki that’s why I first said wiki
22:25 bag :D
22:25 pianohacker wizzyrea: I think the above is the closest
22:25 bag but yes it’s been passed around
22:25 bag publicly
22:26 pianohacker #link[…]ment.cgi?id=37413
22:26 pianohacker #info see above for an example of adding the necessary objects, API endpoints and tests for a new API piece
22:27 eythian also patron creation
22:27 wizzyrea righto
22:27 eythian because that's already been written, but got blocked waiting for the API.
22:29 wizzyrea yes, patron creation would be an important one to add
22:30 bag I added a goggle doc to the wiki link that shows the full thing for you wizzyrea
22:30 bag[…]/edit?usp=sharing
22:30 wizzyrea yay thanks!
22:30 pianohacker I think we should send something to the list asking for comments/additions and vote on what the v1 api should include
22:31 bag pianohacker: I feel like we decided that at the hackfest
22:31 * rangi wanders past
22:31 rangi 5 min break
22:31 pianohacker bag: some of that is on the wiki link I posted above
22:31 bag cool thanks pianohacker
22:31 pianohacker but it sounds like there are a lot of missing pieces
22:32 pianohacker rangi: if you have a sec, see what I proposed at :00 about mojo-in-irc
22:32 pianohacker you may have comments on the tech side
22:32 wizzyrea So, basically we need this asap because EBSCO is wanting it for their discovery layer, ya?
22:32 rangi its worth a try
22:32 pianohacker and because of ajax circ
22:33 rangi also, we need to know how to hook it into plack, without emulating cgi
22:33 bag next release wizzyrea
22:33 wizzyrea (speaking of that, I'm pretty excited about the angular circ)
22:33 bag so for part one - that’s in the works - no auth rewrite
22:33 rangi ie, i dont want to be running plack and mojo side by side
22:34 bag part two - that’s were something needs to be creative
22:34 pianohacker[…]p_with_plack.html ?
22:34 rangi also i share all the same reservations, this way overcomplicated and way undertestedable
22:34 JoshB joined #koha
22:35 bag valid :)
22:35 rangi the only reason im not flipping out more, is that without the auth rewrite, it doesnt have the propensity to break everything, in the same way that the rushed hourly loans, or first ajax circ did
22:35 bag hoping it’s testable
22:35 rangi it will just break itself, hopefully
22:35 rangi right, back to angular training i go
22:35 pianohacker bye
22:35 bag let’s see what 1 brings - then talk with tomas about part 2 - he said this morning that he has ideas there
22:36 pianohacker all right, I think we need to see what the stuff from the earlier meeting brings before we can make more decisions
22:36 pianohacker agreed?
22:36 cait what's 1 and 2?
22:36 bag 1. no auth rewrite
22:36 bag 2 no daemons
22:36 bag :D
22:36 wizzyrea #info Plenty of reservations about the REST API functions, but we can't make any decisions yet because work is still in progress
22:37 pianohacker does that work from non-chairs?
22:37 bag yes to what wizzyrea said
22:37 pianohacker ah, yes, implies so
22:37 pianohacker all right, I'm closing that topic then
22:37 bag maybe add to it pianohacker - we need at least 4 weeks to really test this
22:37 wizzyrea https://algonquincollegesocial[…]1rxdvy7o1_500.gif
22:37 bag so time is a huge matter here
22:38 pianohacker bag: throw on an #info
22:38 wizzyrea #info the API will need at least 4 weeks testing
22:38 bag #info we need at least 4 weeks to really test this - so time really inmportant…  I can help with funds - if needed
22:38 bag nice typo bag
22:38 pianohacker double coverage!
22:38 pianohacker bag++
22:39 pianohacker ytpos++
22:39 pianohacker #topic Big stuff we are working on
22:39 Topic for #koha is now Big stuff we are working on (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 2)
22:40 bag ES needs testing
22:40 pianohacker eythian: anything to add about elastic search?
22:40 eythian I might do a writeup some time soon on it. But essentially: ES is mostly working, there are a goodly number of rough burrs to file down, and bits of integration etc.
22:41 eythian but at its core, it's doing mostly the right things.
22:41 eythian the browse side of it is also working.
22:41 wizzyrea So. It is not a big thing, but it is a thing - I'm working on tidying up/standardising some of the interfaces, mostly in my own time. Just alerting you all that it is happening and that you'll see some patches every now and then doing that.
22:41 wizzyrea staff interface
22:41 wahanui staff interface is different, of coruse
22:41 bag I am talking daily with Elastic trying to get them to do training for all the developers - but they can’t get their mind around the fact that I can’t get all the koha developers into the same room
22:42 eythian heh
22:42 eythian i though they did webinars
22:42 pianohacker you just need a biiiiiig room, bag
22:42 bag I should think they do webinars eythian
22:43 eythian[…]ith-elasticsearch <-- in fact, they do
22:44 papa joined #koha
22:45 bag I even met with them in person at oscon eythian and they still were not able to answer my questions
22:45 eythian ah right. Keep nagging them, I'm sure they'll get the idea :)
22:45 eythian At some stage I should write up a big thing saying how I'm using it all, too.
22:47 bag that would be cool - I could hand that to them - and say - hey guys - I’d like a custom webinar that helps us with this…
22:47 pianohacker eythian: mind if I add a #action?
22:47 eythian pianohacker: if you like :)
22:48 pianohacker #action eythian to make a writeup showing how he's using ElasticSearch
22:48 wizzyrea < here's the guy who does the webinars #imhelping
22:49 eythian #imhelping isn't an IRC channel, wizzyrea
22:49 wizzyrea zip it
22:49 wizzyrea :D
22:49 wizzyrea it is now because you clicked it.
22:50 pianohacker unrelated tidbit: I have not been able to convince freshmen in CS that #include is not pronounced "hashtag include"
22:50 eythian ...
22:50 eythian I
22:50 eythian ..
22:50 eythian ug
22:50 bag pianohacker: try this one —>  it’s prounouced me-me  - not meme
22:50 eythian aren't guns legal there?
22:51 pianohacker hahahaha
22:51 pianohacker as a teacher, I strongly disapprove of that idea
22:51 papa joined #koha
22:51 pianohacker strongly
22:52 wizzyrea ok right
22:52 pianohacker anyway. Not much on the bywater front. Kyle and I will be sending an RFC in the coming weeks to work on an overhaul of the circ rules interface and frontend
22:53 pianohacker to allow for setting rules piecemeal as opposed to the current supertable that requires setting every value for every situation
22:53 wizzyrea what are the problems there you are hoping to solve?
22:53 pianohacker wizzyrea: The current system has the following issues:
22:53 pianohacker 1) The current interface, with the superwide table, is intimidating and confusing
22:54 pianohacker 2) the frontend and backend require that you set every value for every branch/itemtype/categorycode combination
22:54 pianohacker 3) The fallback order from specific branch/itemtype/categorycode all the way back to default branch/itemtype/categorycode is confusing as hell
22:55 pianohacker I wrote that verbose list at the top of, and I don't remember it!
22:56 wizzyrea :)
22:56 pianohacker we have ideas for a new UI and database structure that will make things a lot clearer and more flexible for librarians
22:56 pianohacker and how to do this overhaul piecemeal and not as one huge bug
22:57 pianohacker this is not something that's happening now, but it's on the radar and we're looking for feedback. The RFC will include UI and DB mockups
22:57 wizzyrea yeah, I was just wondering how you would split that up into testable bits
22:58 bag gotta run
22:58 pianohacker bye bag
22:58 wizzyrea later bag
22:58 eythian bye bag
22:58 pianohacker #info ElasticSearch is moving forward, the basics are working. Just needs some refining
22:59 wizzyrea #info ByWater have a circ rules revamp on their roadmap
22:59 pianohacker thank you, was just writing that :)
22:59 pianohacker all right! Anything else?
23:00 wizzyrea I don't have anything
23:00 wizzyrea oh, um, 3.18 is coming along, but there are a few 3.18 only bugs that need poking
23:00 pianohacker wizzyrea: topic 3.18 RM comments?
23:00 eythian pianohacker: she's furiously looking things up
23:01 pianohacker I'll take that as a yes :)
23:01 pianohacker #topic 3.18 RMaint comments
23:01 Topic for #koha is now 3.18 RMaint comments (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 2)
23:01 eythian pianohacker: btw, make sure your students call it "octothorpe include" for the future.
23:02 wizzyrea oh, well, it's not specifically 3.18 but we have a couple of bugs  that are waiting on bug 13618 - and they really ought to have interim solutions
23:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13618 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
23:02 wizzyrea bug 14691 and bug 14505
23:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14691 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Can't delete patron with ' character in cardnumber
23:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14505 normal, P5 - low, ---, j.kylmala, Needs Signoff , single quotes in journal number cause print routing list window to not appear
23:02 pianohacker ha! That's my course coordinator's preferred pronunciation as well
23:02 wizzyrea but we can't decide on a solution
23:02 wizzyrea please put your comments on the bug(s) if you have a preferred solution.
23:03 pianohacker #link[…]_bug.cgi?id=13618
23:03 huginn Bug 13618: normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
23:03 pianohacker #info the above is preventing progress on the following bugs; please comment with any ideas
23:03 pianohacker #link[…]_bug.cgi?id=14691
23:03 huginn Bug 14691: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Can't delete patron with ' character in cardnumber
23:04 pianohacker #link[…]_bug.cgi?id=14505
23:04 huginn Bug 14505: normal, P5 - low, ---, j.kylmala, Needs Signoff , single quotes in journal number cause print routing list window to not appear
23:04 wizzyrea that concludes my concerns I think.
23:04 pianohacker all righty.
23:04 pianohacker #topic GBSD
23:04 Topic for #koha is now GBSD (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2015 - part 2)
23:04 rangi its pretty vitally important, more important than pretty much everything else that we get that bug 13618 into 3.22
23:04 wizzyrea yeah, that bug I'd really like to see tested.
23:05 wizzyrea it will solve and prevent so many future problems.
23:05 pianohacker rangi: worth marking it as a blocker?
23:05 rangi its a blocker to not being hacked yes
23:05 pianohacker :) well yes
23:05 cait it needs testing i think
23:05 wizzyrea all the testing. so much testing
23:05 wizzyrea it will break lots of things
23:05 cait maybe smeting for a dedicated sandbox/gbsd?
23:05 wizzyrea there is still time to fix most of them though
23:05 pianohacker I'd say that's an excellent segue into the GBSD
23:06 wizzyrea #info Bug 13618 would be a great one for global bug squashing day, it is vitally important
23:06 pianohacker #info Reminder, there is a Global Bug Squashing Day on Thursday, September 3
23:06 pianohacker #link[…]bug_squashing_day
23:06 pianohacker #info Please add any bugs/topics of interest to that page
23:07 cait thx pianohacker++
23:08 cait ... and also. please everyone test the new professional cataloguing editor
23:08 pianohacker please!
23:08 pianohacker I'm going to be fixing the most recent set of feedback ASAP, things have been crazy here at bws
23:08 cait we already got some nice feedback there - but need a little more
23:09 wizzyrea I think you really want librarians looking at it eh
23:09 pianohacker #action pianohacker to post google doc to allow per-test-plan-item feedback for Rancor (bug 11559)
23:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11559 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, In Discussion , Professional cataloger's interface
23:09 wizzyrea do you have a test instance set up that we can point librarians at?
23:09 cait wizzyrea: there is a demo installation for everyone to poke :)
23:09 wizzyrea excellent
23:09 pianohacker yup, it's on the bug and the end of the GBSD page
23:09 wizzyrea sweet
23:10 pianohacker (login bywater / bywater)
23:10 pianohacker test it test it test iiiiiit
23:10 pianohacker ^ channelling bag since he's gone
23:11 pianohacker I think that's it. Tomas posted in part 1 that he'd post on koha-devel to figure out the time of the next meeting
23:11 pianohacker anything I've forgotten?
23:12 wizzyrea naw
23:13 pianohacker givin' til :15
23:16 pianohacker #endmeeting
23:16 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the IRC home of Koha | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
23:16 huginn Meeting ended Wed Aug 26 23:16:01 2015 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
23:16 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-08-26-21.34.html
23:16 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]5-08-26-21.34.txt
23:16 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]26-21.34.log.html
23:16 pianohacker thanks all!
23:27 pianohacker wizzyrea++
23:33 JoshB joined #koha
23:59 pianohacker bye all

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary