IRC log for #koha, 2015-06-19

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 pianohacker liz++
00:00 pianohacker liz: out of curiosity, how did you find out about the input event?
00:01 liz well, I wanted to know what all of the events were, so i looked them up :P
00:01 pianohacker heh, fair enough. Do you have a link?
00:02 liz yeah, I think it was w3c but gimme a sec
00:02 liz it wasn't this page, but it is here, it's html5
00:03 liz[…]entattributes.asp
00:03 pianohacker thanks
00:03 liz[…]entattributes.asp this'll be the link
00:03 liz er no
00:04 liz
00:04 pianohacker ooh that's nice
00:04 liz yeah :)
00:04 pianohacker liz++
00:04 pianohacker wahanui: js events is
00:04 wahanui OK, pianohacker.
00:05 tcohen joined #koha
00:07 tcohen joined #koha
00:09 JoshB joined #koha
00:51 mtompset_ joined #koha
00:51 eythian that is the least rememberable URL I've seen.
00:51 mtompset eythian: What URL?
00:51 wahanui URL is horrid :)
00:51 eythian wahanui: irc logs
00:51 wahanui irc logs are
01:00 cdickinson_ joined #koha
01:38 JoshB joined #koha
02:33 Ivan_Mex joined #koha
02:46 mtj hey eythian, abouty?
02:46 eythian yep
02:46 mtj hiya
02:46 eythian hallo
03:00 IvanMex joined #koha
03:00 IvanMex Hello!!
03:17 mtompset @seen khall
03:17 huginn mtompset: khall was last seen in #koha 1 day, 9 hours, 3 minutes, and 5 seconds ago: <khall> at least I think so, I'd have to double check
03:17 mtompset @later tell khall Could you rebase bug 11405?
03:17 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
03:18 mtompset @seen Joubu
03:18 huginn mtompset: Joubu was last seen in #koha 10 hours, 54 minutes, and 11 seconds ago: <Joubu> I am not sure it's a good idea to skip tests
03:19 mtompset @later tell Joubu Could you rebase 9006?
03:19 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
03:20 mtompset eythian: Think you might be able to fit in a rebase of bug 11998? :)
03:20 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11998 major, P5 - low, ---, robin, Patch doesn't apply , Syspref caching issues
03:21 eythian not this week.
03:22 mtompset Right... It's Friday there already. :)
03:23 eythian it's 35 minutes away from beer o'clock, not that I'm counting.
03:24 mtompset It's always beer o'clock in some timezone. :P
03:25 mtompset I should go to sleep.
03:26 mtompset Have a great day (24 hour period), #koha.
03:33 eythian http://iworkatapubliclibrary.c[…]acas-biscuits-and <-- exhibit A
03:33 eythian http://iworkatapubliclibrary.c[…]who-phoned-to-ask <-- exhibit B
03:37 JoshB joined #koha
03:38 AmitG joined #koha
03:43 liz eythian++
03:43 liz librarians++
03:45 IvanMex HELLO
03:46 eythian ollǝH
03:48 AmitG hi eythian
03:56 JoshB joined #koha
04:14 IvanMex Hola!
04:15 IvanMex hello!!
04:21 mario joined #koha
04:24 cdickinson eythian, rangi, wizzyrea: - it's.... alive!!!
04:33 IvanMex alguien me puede ayudar
05:30 cdickinphone joined #koha
05:40 rocio left #koha
05:45 cdickinphone joined #koha
05:48 magnuse joined #koha
05:49 * magnuse waves
05:53 cdickinphone joined #koha
05:59 cdickinphone joined #koha
06:02 cdickinphone joined #koha
06:07 cait joined #koha
06:10 cdickinphone joined #koha
06:15 magnuse kia ora cait
06:16 drojf joined #koha
06:19 indradg joined #koha
06:21 magnuse moin drojf
06:21 magnuse namoshkaar indradg
06:22 indradg hei magnuse :)
06:25 magnuse :-)
06:25 drojf hei magnuse
06:25 * drojf is still sleeping
06:27 * cait too
06:27 cait left #koha
06:27 * indradg just woke up
06:29 * magnuse has been up for 2 hours
06:34 laurence joined #koha
06:39 cdickinphone joined #koha
06:41 reiveune joined #koha
06:42 reiveune hello
06:42 wahanui kia ora, reiveune
06:45 cdickinphone joined #koha
06:54 cdickinphone joined #koha
07:01 alex_a joined #koha
07:02 alex_a bonjour
07:05 Jul joined #koha
07:17 alex_a_ joined #koha
07:21 cait joined #koha
07:24 cait hi all
07:25 wicope joined #koha
07:30 codavid joined #koha
07:30 codavid left #koha
07:30 Joubu joined #koha
07:31 Joubu Hey #ha
07:31 Joubu hum...
07:32 Joubu #koha
07:37 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:37 gaetan_B hello
07:43 fridolin joined #koha
08:03 bag night night
08:25 alex_a joined #koha
08:30 alex_a__ joined #koha
08:53 AmitG joined #koha
09:18 indradg joined #koha
09:20 mveron joined #koha
09:20 mveron Hi #koha
09:25 drojf hi mveron :)
09:25 * drojf wanders off to make cola
09:25 mveron hi drojf :-)
09:26 mveron @wunder Allschwil
09:26 huginn mveron: The current temperature in Grenchen, Switzerland is 19.0°C (11:20 AM CEST on June 19, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 49%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Steady).
09:31 AmitG @bug14382
09:31 huginn AmitG: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
09:31 AmitG @bug 14382
09:31 huginn AmitG: Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14382 major, P5 - low, ---, amitddng135, Needs Signoff , datepicker's dateFormat setting for reports is missing
09:32 Joubu
09:35 magnuse @wunder boo
09:35 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 11.0°C (11:20 AM CEST on June 19, 2015). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 67%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Steady).
09:35 magnuse double digits!
09:36 magnuse Joubu: lol!
09:36 magnuse would that work in koha?
09:36 Joubu magnuse: ho yes :)
09:36 Joubu actually not a drop table
09:46 cait drojf: make cola?
09:50 AmitG alex_a_ around
09:50 AmitG ?
09:53 alex_a__ AmitG: meeting
09:58 drojf cait: yes. want some? :)
09:59 drojf beware, it turned out pretty sweet this time
09:59 cait i just never heard of making cola yourself :)
10:00 drojf cait:[…]nCola_%28drink%29 i would not recommend the recipe, it tastes more like haribo colaflaschen. but it's a start to play around with it
10:02 cait no thx :)
10:07 cait someone any hints about getting a mysql query log turned on on debian?
10:07 cait i am trying but failing
10:07 cait ... and i need to for qa
10:10 indradg cait: what are you doing that's not working?
10:13 cait the files are not created and the files in /var/log/mysql* stay empty
10:13 cait i tried uncommenting in my.cnf  - the general_log entries
10:13 cait also tried adding a log = entry
10:13 cait and restarted mysql
10:14 indradg what I do when i want temporary login for a bit is "SET GLOBAL general_log = 'ON';"
10:14 cait i tried that too
10:14 cait where shoudl that log to?
10:15 indradg /var/log/mysql/mysql.log
10:15 drojf do you have a general_log_file entry?
10:15 cait hm there is something let me see
10:16 indradg as specified by 'general_log_file        = /var/log/mysql/mysql.log' in my.cnf
10:17 cait yes, that looks better - thx
10:17 cait !
10:24 cait i realized my mistake :)
10:24 cait there is also a mysql.log in var/log
10:24 cait now all good
10:24 cait is there a good way to empty out the log?
10:25 cait or waht's the best way
10:26 drojf delete the file maybe?
10:26 cait that cauased trouble last time
10:26 drojf then… don't :)
10:27 drojf move th eold one, create an empty one and see if that works?
10:28 cait never mind, it works with deleting... *sigh*
10:29 cait I think the trick might be restarting mysql
10:32 drojf could you restart your private chat window? i think it's broken too :)
10:34 cait drojf: ?
11:24 indradg joined #koha
11:31 bgkriegel joined #koha
11:32 wicope joined #koha
11:36 alex_a_ joined #koha
11:39 alex_a_ AmitG: i'm back
11:46 meliss joined #koha
11:52 carmen joined #koha
12:01 nengard joined #koha
12:02 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:15 AmitG alex_a around?
12:15 alex_a AmitG: yep
12:15 alex_a meeting over :)
12:15 alex_a lunch over
12:16 alex_a i'm ok !
12:16 AmitG ;)
12:16 AmitG have you seen @bug 6810
12:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6810 enhancement, P4, ---, alex.arnaud, Signed Off , Send membership expiry reminder notices
12:16 AmitG Katrin Fischer comment
12:17 * cait hides
12:19 alex_a cait: :)
12:19 alex_a AmitG: I've seen
12:20 alex_a Think this should be discussed
12:20 alex_a discuss....ed ?
12:20 alex_a we need to talk about :)
12:20 cait we have moved some of the cronjob parameters to prefs quite recently
12:20 AmitG yes
12:21 cait i'd agree a separate tool would be nice... but I don't have a problem with prefs :)
12:21 alex_a fridolin suggest a script parameter, and cait a syspref. Actually we have a sysprf
12:21 AmitG but days is hardcoded
12:22 cait hm
12:22 cait the days when one is send as a reminder?
12:22 cait we have a pref there already for when we show the warning in the opac and ins taff... coudl we use the existing one?
12:22 alex_a AmitG: no days come from MembershipExpiryDaysNotice
12:22 AmitG sorry i m looking wrong one ;)
12:23 alex_a :)
12:26 fridolin its not a big deal, just my2c
12:32 Joubu joined #koha
12:32 cait around?
12:32 cait meaning Joubu
12:37 p_vdk joined #koha
12:38 p_vdk left #koha
12:41 tcohen joined #koha
12:42 tcohen morning
12:43 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
12:43 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Bo Altos de San Martin - NW, Cordoba city, Cordoba City, Argentina is 4.7°C (9:40 AM ART on June 19, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 62%. Dew Point: -2.0°C. Windchill: 2.0°C. Pressure: 30.37 in 1028 hPa (Rising).
12:45 nengard @wunder 78754
12:45 huginn nengard: The current temperature in University Hills, Austin, Texas is 24.1°C (7:44 AM CDT on June 19, 2015). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 99%. Dew Point: 24.0°C. Pressure: 30.05 in 1018 hPa (Rising).
12:45 tcohen already?
12:45 cait hi tcohen :)
12:45 cait hope you had a nice day yesterday!
12:46 tcohen cait: I did!
12:46 tcohen I ran out of jaeger!
12:46 cait omg!
12:46 tcohen it means we drunk it all heh
12:48 magnuse tcohen: belated congratulations!
12:48 mtompset joined #koha
12:49 tcohen thanks magnuse
12:50 mtompset I just found a typo in the :(
12:51 mtompset
12:51 mtompset preference call.
12:52 mtompset line 5010.
12:52 Joubu tcohen: It is still your birthday today? :)
12:53 tcohen you still have 7 minutes, yes
12:53 tcohen i was born at 10 am
12:53 tcohen so, yes
12:57 JoshB joined #koha
12:59 tcohen Joubu: one minute left
13:00 mario joined #koha
13:00 Joubu Happy birthday tcohen
13:00 Joubu arg, too late
13:05 Stompro joined #koha
13:06 mtompset Did you want to be the person to greet him last on his birthday, Joubu? :)
13:06 khall happy birthday tochen!
13:06 mtompset syspref?
13:06 wahanui well, syspref is only there, so people can switch to zebra
13:06 mtompset syspref?
13:06 wahanui syspref is probably only there, so people can switch to zebra
13:07 mtompset sysprefs?
13:07 wahanui rumour has it sysprefs is one
13:07 mtompset wahanui... I want the 'syspref everything' meme photo!
13:14 magnuse have fun, #koha!
13:27 cait khall: around?
13:27 khall yo
13:27 cait oh good
13:27 cait i will send you a pm
13:28 khall k
13:37 * mtompset grumbles about creating a test plan.
13:37 mtompset How do I properly test bug 14422?!
13:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14422 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, ASSIGNED , Typographical error in
13:38 drojf test plans are even greater than sysprefs :P
13:38 mtompset The problem is in 3.7's updates.
13:39 mtompset 3.6.x doesn't work, because the problematic issue was introduced in 3.8
13:39 mtompset And I need to upgrade through 3.7 with the feature existing.
13:40 mtompset oh wait... evil hack idea...
13:42 mtompset Nope... back to thinking. :(
13:43 cait tcohen: are you ignoring me today? :)
13:45 drojf mtompset: do you mean the problem does not exist in real life?
13:45 mtompset No, it only exists on an upgrade from a really old master. ;)
13:46 mtompset But I think I may have it existing from 3.6.x
13:46 mtompset Just testing this idea.
13:46 cma joined #koha
13:47 drojf i'd assume that a patch and "open the file, check that the typo is gone, only this one line touched" would be enough of a test plan in such a case :)
13:48 drojf especially if you have to spend valuable time to come up with a test case because there is hardly any in the real world
13:48 mtompset drojf: You would think so, but sometimes cait wants it from the gui or commandline. :P
13:48 cait it depends on the error and the patch
13:49 cait if a problem can't be made visible at all i am getting suspicious at times
13:49 mtompset Well, I found the visible case for you, cait on this new bug. :P
13:49 drojf the problem does hardly exist in this case, as far as i understand it
13:49 mtompset No, any upgrades from prior to 3.8.x will have this problem. :)
13:49 drojf an upgrade from old master and changing a default is not really something that will happen to a library using koha live
13:50 drojf and a dev will survive it ;)
13:50 cait hm we index the whole 245 into the title index
13:50 cait also @marc 245c
13:50 cait @marc 245$c
13:50 huginn cait: unknown tag 245$c
13:50 cait @marc 245 c
13:50 huginn cait: Statement of responsibility, etc.
13:50 drojf we index a lot of weird stuff ;) i think there is still a patch from me somewhere for another field
13:51 * mtompset grins, "And now you want to know who is responsible for that?"
13:51 cait nah
13:51 cait i just have the second library complaining
13:51 * drojf blames mtompset
13:51 Joubu tcohen: Koha::Import::Borrowers vs Koha::Borrowers::Import : Which one make more sense to you?
13:51 cait and ia mnot sure if it's a feature or a bug
13:51 Joubu context: bug 12598
13:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12598 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , New misc/ command line tool
13:51 cait difficult question
13:51 mtompset drojf: Are we going to get into a negative karma war again? :P
13:52 drojf Joubu: are we going to do more other things related to borrowers or more other things related to import? ;)
13:52 mtompset Joubu: wouldn't the latter make more sense in terms of OBJECTs?
13:52 drojf mtompset: heh. you'll never forget that :P
13:52 Joubu the thing is that you can imagine a Koha::Import to put some stuffs to import "objects"
13:54 mtompset Do we have any other Koha::{action}s?
13:55 mtompset And wouldn't Koha::Import have methods which Koha::{object}::Import could implement?
13:55 Joubu we have Koha::List::Patron
13:56 cait hm yeah, but there was also a discussion
13:56 cait fi that shoudl have been Koha::Patron::List
13:56 cait oh
13:56 cait good point
13:56 cait we shoudl use Patron
13:56 cait not Borrower
13:56 drojf ha
13:56 cait for the new namespace
13:56 Joubu cait: khall uses Patron
13:56 cait no matter the sequence
13:56 cait ah
13:56 Joubu but... There is a Koha::Borrower
13:56 Joubu it does not make sense to have Koha::Borrower and Koha::Patron
13:57 mtompset Agreed, we need naming consistency.
13:57 khall yep, we should start using Patron instead of borrower or member in the code
13:57 Carlos joined #koha
13:57 khall Eventually I'll change the namespace of Koha::Borrower to Koha::Patron
13:57 drojf member *giggles* *hides*
13:57 mtompset And actually, isn't "List" an object? like 'cart' 'shelves' 'list'...
13:58 amyjeankearns joined #koha
13:58 mtompset Negative karama! Negative karma! :P
13:58 Joubu khall: What about starting a troll^W discussion on koha-devel?
13:59 Joubu it would be good to have an overview, to know where we want to put stuffs in the Koha namespace
13:59 mtompset Start it in koha so we can find out what Paul A thinks. ;)
13:59 Joubu (after it has been created for 2 years...)
13:59 khall we've had this discussion before, but I don't know if anything was ever formalized. I would agree to that
14:00 Joubu khall: I hope we will see some good ideas/discussions. It's an important topic
14:00 bgkriegel joined #koha
14:00 cait omg we already created a mess in the new namespace... didn't we?
14:01 khall not too badly ; )
14:01 Joubu yes...
14:01 geek_cl joined #koha
14:01 khall just a bit
14:01 Joubu that's it, just a bit ;)
14:01 cait i think we couldalso include that in the api discussion
14:01 Joubu we need a wiki page
14:01 cait we have the same/similar problems there actually
14:01 cait the sample patches using issue for checkout, borrower and reserve i think
14:02 cait we got a dev meeting next week - agenda is up on thw wiki :)
14:02 Joubu yes but we need a discussion on koha-devel before the meeting (otherwise... you know...)
14:03 cait feel free to do both
14:03 cait also a reminder about the api meeting would be good if you can mention that
14:03 cait and encourage people to put question notes on the wiki?
14:03 cait or the mailing list, but we need to prepare a bit i think or the meeting will get chaotic too )
14:05 tcohen hi cait
14:05 Joubu Do we have a wiki page for the terminology?
14:07 talljoy joined #koha
14:07 cait no but we shoudl have one i think
14:08 cait branch/library vendor/bookseller... all this stuff
14:09 Joubu left #koha
14:09 Joubu joined #koha
14:10 tcohen brach != library, right?
14:11 cait in koha we use library - more general
14:11 cait becuse branch indicates soem kind of hierarchy - and that doesn't work for very independent libraries
14:12 cait at least that's how i remember the discussion about the naming in the gui
14:19 bgkriegel joined #koha
14:22 Joubu what I missed?
14:25 cait i think notice
14:25 cait and a missing ) at the very end :)
14:25 cait but I think you got everything else i coudl think of right now
14:25 cait oh
14:26 cait checkout vs. issue
14:26 cait check-in vs. return
14:26 cait editing
14:27 cait done
14:30 Joubu not sure to know why the page display is broken
14:30 Joubu the left side is displayed at the bottom
14:30 Joubu (search, link, nav, etc.)
14:40 bgkriegel Joubu: Bugets?? (on Terminology page) :)
14:41 alex_a_ joined #koha
14:43 Mahdi joined #koha
14:45 mtompset bgkriegel: I fixed the typo. :P
14:45 bgkriegel Great mtompset !!
14:46 Joubu hehe :) thanks
14:47 mtompset Added slips into the notice line too. :)
14:47 Jul_ joined #koha
14:50 cait mtompset: we got slips too - the ones for circ
14:50 vfernandes joined #koha
14:51 vfernandes hi guys :)
14:51 cait meant for printing at the circ station
14:51 mtompset cait: So you distinguish between them?
14:51 cait yes
14:51 cait well th interface does
14:52 mtompset Should we?
14:52 cait i think so
14:52 cait checkout slip and checkout notice are 2 different things in koha
14:52 vfernandes it's possible to import the CSV file generated by script?
14:52 mtompset I'll let someone else fix that...
14:53 mtompset I want to get this stupid tiny patch tested and ready for indradg to sign off. :P
14:56 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13993: DBRev <[…]9c5dcc03893c9e617> / Bug 13993: Clarify test messages <[…]fdb063cbe6e49c547> / Bug 13993: (3) Transfer order leaves incorrect orderstatus <[…]cf59fc0e44ca88b37
14:56 vfernandes it's possible to import the CSV file generated by script?
14:58 vfernandes[…]_bug.cgi?id=12598
14:58 huginn Bug 12598: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , New misc/ command line tool
15:00 mtompset NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! makes testing harder.
15:00 * mtompset grumbles, "back to the drawing board AGAIN."
15:00 reiveune bye
15:00 reiveune left #koha
15:02 ashimema joined #koha
15:11 rocio joined #koha
15:12 fridolin left #koha
15:14 pianohacker joined #koha
15:17 Joubu khall: have you seen my comment on bug 14316?
15:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14316 minor, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Passed QA , Clarify meaning of record number in Batch record deletion tool
15:18 khall sorry, had a brain crash. Didn't read through the comments fully
15:18 khall changing the status to in discussion
15:20 Ivan_mex joined #koha
15:21 mtompset okay. a perldoc typo in C4::Context is what category for bugs?
15:21 Ivan_mex Hello, how I can update subfields in marcxml?
15:22 Ivan_mex hola!
15:22 Joubu mtompset: I'd say architecture, plumbing
15:23 Joubu mtompset: wait, there is a "dev documentation"
15:24 Ivan_mex how I can update subfields in marcxml to mysql?
15:25 talljoy joined #koha
15:25 ashimema joined #koha
15:26 Ivan_mex Hello cait!!
15:30 bgkriegel Ivan_mex: quieres actualizar directamente el campo marcxml en la base?
15:31 Ivan_mex Si
15:31 Ivan_mex la lo consigo con updateXML
15:31 Ivan_mex Ya lo consigo con updateXML
15:31 Ivan_mex pero sucede que tengo varios campos
15:32 Ivan_mex <datafield tag="650" ind1="1" ind2="0">     <subfield code="a">Cropping systems</subfield>     <subfield code="9">1081</subfield>   </datafield>   <datafield tag="650" ind1="1" ind2="0">     <subfield code="a">Ethiopia</subfield>     <subfield code="9">964</subfield>   </datafield>   <datafield tag="650" ind1="1" ind2="0">     <subfield code="a">Plant breeding</subfield>     <subfield code="9">1216</subfield>
15:32 Ivan_mex 650
15:33 Ivan_mex con UpdateXML(marcxml, '//datafield[@tag="650"]/subfield[@code="9"], concat ('<subfield>,'valor',</subfield>'));
15:33 Ivan_mex logro pero cuando tengo más de un campo 650
15:34 Ivan_mex no realiza el cambio para los demás
15:35 Ivan_mex intente colocar esto '//datafield[@tag="650"]/subfield[@code="9"][*]  <--- el [*] me lo acepta cuando le pongo el indice y si lo aplica por ejemplo si le pongo 1 me actualiza el primer campo 650 subcampo 9
15:35 Ivan_mex pero quiero que me lo aplique a todos los campos 650$0
15:35 bgkriegel Ivan_mex: sigamos en privado, te he escrito
15:35 mtompset Joubu: Eeewwwww.... look at git show a1fe32d2
15:35 Ivan_mex ok
15:35 mtompset (Hopefully that works for you, Joubu)
15:37 mtompset Who is Joe Atzberger, and can I blame him for intentionally using autoloading? :)
15:38 Joubu outch, quite an old one
15:39 mtompset That's one of the one's I mentioned in comment 2 on bug 9006.
15:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9006 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , autoload in C4::Context is a bad idea
15:39 ngourlay joined #koha
15:40 mtompset I think that deserves a patch on the same bug, right, Joubu?
15:40 Joubu ha yes, the ugly stuff
15:40 mtompset (9006)
15:40 Joubu I don't think so
15:40 Joubu because my $sth=C4::Context->prepare($query);
15:40 Joubu certainly does not work
15:41 Joubu actually I think there is a bug for the checkdigit subroutine
15:43 * Joubu does not find it
15:43 mtompset my duplicate numbers may be generated one? :)
15:43 mtompset bug 10454
15:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10454 major, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, In Discussion , Duplicate card numbers may be generated
15:44 mtompset But probably not. :)
15:46 laurence left #koha
15:46 * mtompset decides to go for lunch.
15:46 mtompset I missed my morning break. :)
15:49 Mahdi joined #koha
15:51 drojf joined #koha
15:51 Ivan_mex joined #koha
16:07 Mahdi joined #koha
16:08 user joined #koha
16:09 Mahdi Hi. is there a way to quickly set MARC fields on a large number of catalogue items e.g. i want to change the subject of about 1000 books. can I write some kind of script to do it?
16:09 Ivan_mex hello!
16:12 nengard woo hoo first 3.20 help file patch submitted
16:12 nengard finally I'm going to get this done
16:14 cait Mahdi: in 3.20 you could use the batch record modification tool for this
16:14 cait but it's new in 3.20
16:15 Ivan_mex hello cait!
16:20 Mahdi cait: thanks
16:24 cait left #koha
16:26 gaetan_B bye
16:26 Joubu Have to go, have a good week-end #koha
16:29 cait joined #koha
16:35 cait left #koha
16:38 Mahdi joined #koha
16:49 talljoy joined #koha
17:04 mtompset bgkriegel: bug 14422?
17:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14422 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Typographical error in
17:05 mtompset It's a little harder to test compared to 14425. :)
17:06 bgkriegel about to sign... trying to cheat the test with a fake update :)
17:06 meliss joined #koha
17:22 burdsjm joined #koha
17:25 wnickc joined #koha
17:28 mtompset tcohen: There's a KOHAVERSION in installer/
17:29 tcohen in a comment?
17:29 mtompset No.
17:29 mtompset It was a ->KOHAVERSION
17:29 mtompset The others were ::KOHAVERSION
17:29 mtompset See comments on bug 9006
17:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9006 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , autoload in C4::Context is a bad idea
17:30 bgkriegel mtompset: done
17:30 mtompset Thanks, bgkriegel. Though, you are making my life difficult, because now I need to sign off more. :P
17:31 bgkriegel hehe
17:31 tcohen mtompset: are they related?
17:31 tcohen ->KOHAVERSION is still valid
17:31 mtompset No it isn't. I checked.
17:31 mtompset I put die $kohaversion; into the code to see the output.
17:31 mtompset drop db, create it.
17:31 mtompset install 3.20.x
17:32 mtompset reset to master.
17:32 mtompset web installer with the die.
17:32 mtompset blank $kohaversion.
17:32 mtompset change it to Koha::version
17:32 wahanui mtompset: that doesn't look right
17:32 wahanui joined #koha
17:33 mtompset refresh page, correct koha version
17:33 tcohen mtompset: I don't mind if you fill a bug a provide a patch for it
17:33 mtompset I'll put it on bug 9006.
17:33 tcohen i mean, i'd agree
17:33 tcohen why make bugs so huge?
17:34 mtompset because ->KOHAVERSION is effectively an autoload, isn't it?
17:34 drojf joined #koha
17:36 tcohen -.-
17:37 mtompset I'm not sure what that face means.
17:37 mtompset If it isn't an autoload, then sure another bug is fine with me.
17:38 tcohen friday
17:38 tcohen and I don't want to think is it is an AUTOLOAD
17:38 mtompset okay... I'll do it as a see also.
17:42 tcohen nengard: maybe you could fix the capitalization issues on 14424
17:42 * tcohen was about to sign on it
17:45 nengard tcohen - we've been through this before - I just copy from the manual and that means that capitalization doesn't really match the rules set forth for Koha because they were set after the manual started
17:45 nengard I can fix it - but it will take a very long time for me to fix the entire manual to meet capitalization rules
17:45 nengard :(
17:45 tcohen ah ok
17:45 nengard I think it's more important to get the help on there
17:45 nengard personally
17:47 tcohen ok
17:47 mtompset footnote: capitalization may not be exact. :)
17:47 tcohen mtompset: don't you think "Use Koha::version() instead of C4::Context->KOHAVERSION" is a better subject?
17:48 mtompset done.
17:48 mtompset title is irrelevant to me. Just want it fixed. :)
17:54 Mahdi joined #koha
17:58 meliss joined #koha
18:07 nengard tcohen might have found a plugin for oxygen to change the case of all sentences in the manual - trying it now
18:08 tcohen all of them?
18:08 * tcohen is scared .-P
18:09 nengard yuh huh
18:09 nengard we'll see how it goes ....
18:09 nengard it's still running - of course
18:09 nengard if I can't find a tool to do it then the manual will stay as it is :) hehe
18:09 nengard cause I'm not editing every line myself just for capitalization
18:25 nengard oh wait - this is a bad idea - sys prefs have funny capitalization ...
18:29 tcohen bye #koha
18:35 Mahdi joined #koha
18:38 mtompset nengard: You scared off tcohen. :P
18:39 nengard yup :) hehe
18:48 wnickc hmm..should there be some sort of limit on the number of results returned/displayed from the reservoir?  did a cataloging search for 'a' on our productin system , 150k+ results, was a bit overwhelming
19:00 bgkriegel bye
19:18 cait joined #koha
19:31 barton|FIT afternoon, #koha
19:35 barton|FIT I've been working on bug 14324
19:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14324 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, barton, ASSIGNED , "Add Child" button missing on
19:37 drojf joined #koha
19:38 barton|FIT I've written a patch for this, and the library who's helping me test is telling me that the "Add Child" button is showing up for borrower type "Organization" (i.e. "I") as well as for "Adult" ("A") ... sure enough, that's what we're testing for: ( $template->param( adultborrower => 1 ) ) if ( $category_type eq 'A' || $category_type eq 'I' );
19:39 barton|FIT ... anyone have any idea why $category_type 'I' is being counted as an 'adultborrower' here?
19:40 nengard that makes no sense ...
19:40 barton|FIT see[…]f1df;hb=HEAD#l174 ... the line in question is 194.
19:40 nengard except maybe that I can have a P attached and A can have a C attached ...
19:42 nengard left #koha
19:42 Joubu joined #koha
19:43 cait I think institution?
19:43 cait maybe
19:44 barton|FIT right ... so 'child' in this case is not so much a literal child as a dependent relationship.
19:44 cait i'd say so
19:44 cait maybe we could come up with a better label for the button
19:44 cait buthaving the button itself seems not so wrong
19:45 barton|FIT That makes sense -- you could even make the label context sensitive -- Adult => child, Organization => Professional Member
19:47 drojf that would be a large button
19:47 drojf and the german translation won't fit onscreen probably, like in other cases ;)
19:48 barton|FIT well, at least it would all be one word... ;-)
19:49 drojf lol true :D
19:54 barton|FIT I just came up with "Professional Member" for the purposes of illustrating the context sensitive button... I'm sure that we could figure out something shorter.
19:55 cait add... child record? :P
19:56 cait i can't think today
19:56 barton|FIT Perhaps Adult => 'Add Child', Organization => 'Add Member'
19:57 barton|FIT 'Mitgleid' is only two letters longer than 'Member' ;-)
19:58 cait mitglied ;)
19:58 cait but almost
19:59 cait member would work i guess
19:59 cait what do you think drojf?
19:59 barton|FIT as regular as German spelling is, I still can't do it. ;-)
19:59 wnickc hmm...I should install codespell?
20:00 drojf sorry phone
20:00 barton|FIT ircspell?
20:01 wnickc qa-test-tools is failing me
20:01 wnickc at knowing how to set it up
20:03 drojf but "add member" is "mitglied hinzufügen" ;)
20:04 drojf i think there is actually quite a lot of space for that button :)
20:04 meliss joined #koha
20:08 barton|FIT @later tell khall I assigned the mapleleaf ticket to you, since I was finally able to re-create it. If this is totally not your ballpark, I can take it back and create a community bug ticket for it.
20:08 huginn barton|FIT: The operation succeeded.
20:11 barton|FIT Bug 250
20:11 huginn Bug[…]ow_bug.cgi?id=250 normal, P2, ---, paul.poulain, CLOSED FIXED, Parameters titled Catalogue
20:11 barton|FIT Bug 2500
20:11 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2500 enhancement, P3, ---, cnighswonger, ASSIGNED , Standing enhancement request for adding/updating call number splitting algorithms in C4/
20:12 Joubu joined #koha
20:12 jmsasse joined #koha
20:12 burdsjm_ joined #koha
20:13 barton|FIT @seen chris_n
20:13 huginn barton|FIT: chris_n was last seen in #koha 4 days, 4 hours, 54 minutes, and 15 seconds ago: * chris_n blinks and looks around
20:31 Mahdi joined #koha
20:32 cdickinson joined #koha
20:42 Joubu joined #koha
20:42 Mahdi joined #koha
20:56 cdickinson @wunder lower hutt
20:56 huginn cdickinson: The current temperature in Waterloo, Lower Hutt, New Zealand is 10.5°C (8:50 AM NZST on June 20, 2015). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 84%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.77 in 1008 hPa (Rising).
21:06 wnickc joined #koha
21:11 Mahdi joined #koha
21:11 Joubu joined #koha
21:17 JoshB joined #koha
21:43 Joubu joined #koha
21:53 JoshB joined #koha
22:03 Mahdi joined #koha
22:15 talljoy joined #koha
23:09 bgkriegel joined #koha
23:14 Mahdi joined #koha
23:46 liz joined #koha
23:48 liz cdickinson++ :D
23:48 liz (just spotted your imgur from yesterday)
23:49 cdickinson yeah, I figured
23:49 liz < wizzyrea, if that's not super clear
23:49 cdickinson I figured that too :P
23:49 liz :D yay
23:50 cdickinson it's not perfect yet, at the moment it's using a local Zebra server rather than the remote one (though that should work fine...), and for some reason it times out every other page load, but I set it up after that and it seems to work all goods

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary