IRC log for #koha, 2015-06-16

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:34 Francesca joined #koha
00:34 dcook What's "Theke Solution"?
00:37 jcamins tcohen's company!
00:38 dcook Oh yeah?
00:38 dcook Neato
00:39 jcamins But I think it might be plural.
00:39 jcamins I don't remember.
00:52 dcook I'll have to ask tcohen, I guess\
00:58 dcook Apparently bug 3333 was the very first bug that cait filed! :o
00:58 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3333 normal, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , item status for "not for loan" by item type / item is different
00:59 eythian ...and it still needs signoff...
01:03 dcook Well, the only patch is recent :p
01:03 dcook Although I'm not sure it actually solves the problem..
01:03 * dcook might add another patch as well
01:03 dcook I was hoping it was one of those things that was already fixed in newer versions
01:03 Francesca joined #koha
01:50 eythian joined #koha
02:05 indradg joined #koha
02:13 Francesca joined #koha
02:29 wizzyrea isn't the real problem there that there are two different ways to mark something not-for-loan?
02:34 wizzyrea and that also they have different behaviour?
02:35 wizzyrea i.e. if you mark something "ordered" in that not for loan value, borrowers can still place holds on the items.
02:35 wizzyrea (of course they can't loan it - it doesn't really exist)
02:50 dcook Yeah, that's true
02:50 dcook the whole "status" thing could use some work
02:50 dcook I'm trying to remember if 942$c even has a point anymore...
02:51 dcook I keep thinking it does, but I can't remember what it is... besides priming the Add Item form..
02:51 wizzyrea I have always contended that availability is a pretty loose concept in Koha
02:51 dcook primeing?
02:51 wizzyrea because everyone defines that differently
02:51 wizzyrea priming :)
02:51 dcook English is hard :p
02:51 wizzyrea :)
02:51 dcook But it's still whingeing, yeah?
02:52 wizzyrea I mean, in some libraries an item is available, even if it isn't in the library.
02:52 wizzyrea because you know, they can recall it.
02:52 dcook O_O
02:52 dcook Interesting
02:52 wahanui i guess Interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
02:52 dcook I suppose I'd call that "Available (for recall)"
02:52 wizzyrea ^ extreme edge case
02:52 dcook Fair point though
02:52 dcook I suppose the thing I'd like to see the most would still be "Available (electronically)"
02:52 wizzyrea I think there should be only one place to say "we do not loan this"
02:52 wizzyrea you can do that now
02:52 dcook Which... Ive already implemented locally in a not super great way
02:52 wizzyrea with a use restriction
02:53 dcook Yeah, that's how I do it
02:53 wizzyrea which I think is a perfectly fine way to do it
02:53 dcook Then I cheated in C4::XSLT and the XSLT to make it show up as "electronically" instead of "For reference"
02:53 wizzyrea at least, it accomplishes the view that is desired by mosty libraries
02:53 wizzyrea you can add authorised values for that >.>
02:53 wizzyrea and it can say whatever you want
02:53 dcook Not in the search results I don't think
02:54 dcook I think that's just the detail view
02:54 wizzyrea i'm giving you the side eye.
02:54 dcook I'm giving you the side eye :p
02:54 wizzyrea I'd have to test it. ;)
02:54 dcook Me too
02:54 dcook I heart you, wizzyrea :p
02:54 dcook Now if only I had more time
02:54 wizzyrea hehe
02:54 dcook Oh, that reminds me I missed lunch
02:54 dcook bbiab
02:56 dcook Ok, I didn't really go
02:56 dcook Maybe I'll go in a bit :p
03:00 wizzyrea still loving the batch edit from the detail page.
03:00 wizzyrea that is so great.
03:02 wizzyrea You're right that items where the item type is not-for-loan display as "for reference" which is pretty silly.
03:02 wizzyrea not sure we can assume that.
03:13 * dcook agrees
03:13 dcook with wizzyrea that is
03:13 dcook not quitting
03:13 dcook Never quitting O_O
03:17 wizzyrea (Non-XSLT Only)  < there is a pref that requires this still.
03:17 wizzyrea I can't even.
03:17 wizzyrea HighlightOwnItemsOnOPAC
03:17 wizzyrea HighlightOwnItemsOnOPACWhich
03:18 wizzyrea I need a special area of sysprefs called "good idea if only it was done properly"
03:18 eythian heh
03:19 wizzyrea hm, time to change the default fallback theme from prog to bootstrap?
03:20 wizzyrea NotHighlightedWords  < this pref makes me giggle.
03:20 wizzyrea it's perfectly sensible, of course.
03:29 dcook hehe
03:32 wizzyrea yeah wow, that syspref editor is completely wonky without pianohacker's patch. Holy gods
03:32 wizzyrea that is a bad deal./
03:32 wizzyrea embarrassing, really.
03:32 ibeardslee joined #koha
03:34 eythian wizzyrea: like, the really old one?
03:35 wizzyrea no, like when you click, example opaccredits, and paste something in it doesn't activate the save button
03:35 wizzyrea or highlight everything and delete
03:35 wizzyrea or even just edit a syspref.
03:35 wizzyrea the trigger that tells there's a change just isn't working right
03:35 wizzyrea but there's a patch
03:35 eythian oh, right. That's really common. It's just that they look for keydown type events.
03:35 eythian It's good to do it better though.
03:35 wizzyrea well they changed it
03:35 wizzyrea recently
03:36 eythian ah
03:36 wizzyrea and made it even worse.
03:36 wizzyrea so now you have to click outside the box to get it to activate
03:36 wizzyrea >.<
03:36 wizzyrea bad deal.
03:36 eythian how annoying
03:36 wizzyrea extremely
03:36 eythian how'd that even get in?
03:36 wizzyrea well it fixed the other case
03:36 wizzyrea but broke even more
03:37 eythian ah
03:43 wizzyrea oh wow there's an onpaste event
03:43 * wizzyrea did not know
03:44 eythian huh, neither
03:44 wizzyrea and it's oooold
03:45 wizzyrea i.e. supported in ff3+
03:45 wizzyrea and IE7+
03:51 BobB joined #koha
04:00 eythian does anyone know anything about linking LDAP fields to extended attributes?
04:00 wizzyrea pass
04:01 wizzyrea but maybe there's a precedent with the patron import code?
04:01 wizzyrea it handles attributes
04:01 eythian it's pretty separate code
04:02 eythian I think it does from the look of the Auth_with_ldap module
04:04 aleisha joined #koha
04:45 dcook Boo onblur
04:45 * dcook is reading scrollback
04:46 * dcook has no idea about ldap :/
04:46 * dcook also doesn't really want to learn the ins and outs of the inventory tool right now
04:46 wizzyrea yeah, nah
04:48 dcook Mmm an almost total lack of comments
04:48 dcook :D
04:49 dcook my $columns_def_hashref = C4::Reports::Guided::_get_column_defs($input);
04:49 dcook ...
04:49 dcook That's... different?
04:49 eythian I tend to think that the point of subs starting with _ is that it means they're internal
04:49 * dcook agrees
04:50 rangi which is exactly why its not exported
04:50 rangi hence them having to call it from the whole namespace
04:50 rangi yeah, id fix that, or fail it if it's a new patch
04:50 dcook Hmm.. I'll check really quickly
04:51 dcook Yeah, it's still there in master
04:51 dcook Looks like it's part of the CSV export
04:52 * dcook wonders where else that happens..
04:52 eythian yeah, it's in the few months old version of master I'm working on too
04:53 dcook Hmm, I'll report a bug and then keep chugging along
04:55 * dcook is looking to add "collection code" to the Inventory
04:55 dcook But... I think it might be easier said than done
04:56 dcook Well... maybe not
04:58 eythian it was pretty easy said.
04:58 dcook hehe
04:59 eythian hmm, sorting in ES has some hidden gotchas that I just discovered
04:59 eythian[…]multi-fields.html <-- this, specifically
04:59 eythian fortunately, I already have a not_analysed field handy.
04:59 eythian now I just need to figure out when to use it.
04:59 eythian I think all the time.
05:00 dcook I totally took that last line out of context
05:01 * dcook imagined eythian just standing there looking very pensive and saying slowly "I think all the time".
05:01 eythian haha
05:01 dcook I'm not clicking that link though :p
05:01 * dcook isn't going down the ES rabbit hole today
05:02 dcook I'm going to stop whingeing and just work on this inventory thing
05:03 eythian the net result is that whenever you want to sort by "heading", I need to convert that into "heading.phrase", otherwise it'll sort on the tokenised form, which causes unexpected results.
05:17 dcook @seen mtompset
05:17 huginn` dcook: mtompset was last seen in #koha 3 days, 16 hours, 10 minutes, and 16 seconds ago: <mtompset> The header format for public reports.
05:17 dcook @later tell mtompset you might find bug 14393 interesting
05:17 huginn` dcook: The operation succeeded.
05:22 dcook Hmm, brain might explode..
05:36 magnuse joined #koha
05:40 Viktor joined #koha
05:42 * magnuse waves
05:43 eythian hi magnuse
05:45 magnuse kia ora eythian
05:47 magnuse translating - such fun!
05:48 eythian everyone is born knowing English, though. It's only strange places where they buck the trend and do it all wrong.
05:49 magnuse so true
05:50 magnuse ooh, my company website is 6 years and 1 day old
05:51 magnuse one of these days i'll get one of those static site genereators up and going and put a torch to it
06:08 dcook Hmm so I have the inventory only showing the items from my collection... but am I going to destroy everything if I do anything now...
06:10 magnuse only one way to find out...
06:11 dcook Yeah! :D
06:16 dcook Hmm test one didn't explode anything
06:17 * dcook has no idea what the "Continue without Marking" button is for
06:17 drojf joined #koha
06:17 drojf good morning #koha
06:17 dcook I think I get that "Mark seen and quit" and "Mark Seen and Continue" will update the "Date last seen"
06:17 dcook morning, drojf
06:18 drojf hi dcook
06:19 wicope joined #koha
06:19 magnuse moin drojf
06:19 magnuse @wunder boo
06:19 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo Vi, Norway is 8.0°C (8:00 AM CEST on June 16, 2015). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 68%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 29.83 in 1010 hPa (Rising).
06:19 drojf hei magnuse
06:19 eythian @wunder nzwn
06:19 huginn` eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 10.0°C (6:00 PM NZST on June 16, 2015). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 71%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Steady).
06:19 eythian magnuse: you're not doing summer right
06:20 dcook @wunder syd
06:20 huginn` dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 16.0°C (4:00 PM AEST on June 16, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
06:20 * dcook agrees with eythian
06:21 dcook And I'm complaining about it being chilly...
06:21 eythian dcook: you're not doing winter right
06:21 dcook hehe
06:22 magnuse heh, i am beginning to suspect you are right, eythian
06:23 dcook Of course, magnuse will outlive us all because of his being partially frozen all year round
06:23 * dcook decides to finally just read the manual like a reasonable person to re-learn all the things about inventory
06:23 dcook wizzyrea: It's odd that the twitter thing about inventory v. shelf-read is happening while I'm looking at inventory now...
06:24 eythian dcook is the zeitgeist
06:25 dcook Hmm, that doesn't sound right
06:26 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
06:26 huginn` drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 12.0°C (8:20 AM CEST on June 16, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 72%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
06:31 dcook Ok I think I might have another thing to try to 'splode..
06:31 dcook Hmm maybe not
06:32 dcook Or maybe..
06:35 * magnuse is actually 342 years old
06:35 drojf lol
06:36 * drojf often feels like being 342 years old at this time of day
06:36 reiveune joined #koha
06:36 reiveune hello
06:36 wahanui bidet, reiveune
06:37 magnuse bonjour reiveune
06:37 reiveune salut magnuse
06:41 dcook The inventory tool must be the least intuitive part of Koha at this point...
06:42 dcook But I think the collection code thing may be my only contribution for the time being..
06:45 magnuse dcook: come on, you know you want to pull an allnighter to fix it properly
06:48 dcook Hehe
06:48 dcook I just got a text from my wife telling me that I had better leave on time, magnuse :p
06:52 magnuse dang, well it was worth a try
06:59 alex_a joined #koha
07:00 alex_a bonjour
07:00 magnuse kia ora alex_a!
07:01 alex_a hello magnuse :)
07:03 sophie_m joined #koha
07:03 magnuse bonjour sophie_m
07:04 sophie_m bonjour magnuse :)
07:04 sophie_m hi #koha
07:06 Jul joined #koha
07:10 dcook On that note, I better leave!
07:10 dcook Laterz
07:37 cait joined #koha
07:44 magnuse kia ora cait!
07:46 cait hi magnuse
08:00 Joubu joined #koha
08:00 Joubu hello #koha
08:01 Joubu pas vraiment non
08:01 Joubu wrong chan :)
08:02 magnuse bonjour anyway Joubu :-)
08:14 BigRig_ joined #koha
08:15 cdickinson_ joined #koha
08:17 huginn joined #koha
08:19 liw_ joined #koha
08:24 alohalog` joined #koha
08:24 mtj joined #koha
08:25 magnuse joined #koha
08:25 misilot joined #koha
08:26 matts joined #koha
08:29 Viktor joined #koha
08:39 ibeardslee joined #koha
09:27 indradg @seen Joubu
09:27 huginn indradg: Joubu was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 25 minutes, and 45 seconds ago: <Joubu> wrong chan :)
09:27 indradg Joubu: around?
09:27 Joubu indradg: yep
09:28 * cait waves - thx for QA!
09:28 indradg Joubu: when you have a few minutes, would like to understand from you the underlaying logic of 'discharge management' in French context. Apparently it is different in India
09:30 Joubu indradg: I have them :)
09:30 Joubu What do you want to know?
09:31 indradg great
09:31 indradg from your comment on 8007, what i understood is that this required when a student wants to leave an institutional library
09:32 indradg but then Matthias seems to be working on something that talks about 'multiple discharge'
09:33 indradg In indian context a multiple discharge can't be done. once a student receives the discharge certificate, all interaction with the library ends.
09:35 Joubu indradg: I am not aware what matts is doing
09:35 Joubu indradg: actually you don't need a discharge to leave, but you will need it to register to a new university
09:36 Joubu matts: around?
09:36 matts yep
09:36 cait indradg: hm i think what happens here sometimes is that they come back for a masters
09:36 cait or change the study
09:36 wahanui cait: that doesn't look right
09:36 wahanui joined #koha
09:36 cait so that could lead to multiple discharges...
09:37 matts I've seen the questions/comments on this issue, and I'll provide use cases to properly explain why it is needed
09:37 indradg matts: thanks
09:37 Joubu bugnumber?
09:38 indradg Joubu: what I understood of the French system is that your clearance certificate is like our 'migration / transfer' certificate.
09:38 Joubu please link it to bug 8007
09:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8007 new feature, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, Pushed to Master , Discharge management
09:38 matts indradg, but please note that another discharge is only possible is the librarian lift the discharge debarment for the user.
09:38 matts So it would be compatible with the way you use it (only one discharge)
09:40 matts Joubu, done
09:41 indradg in Indian context this is what happens - a student applies for a 'library clearance', library checks agains dues, fines etc. if all are clear, they get this. Without library clearance, a passing out student usually cant do the following - take the final test, access transcripts, award of the diploma certificate, re-claim back library security deposit
09:42 indradg matts, Joubu ^^^
09:42 indradg a student may complete his bachelor degree - clearance - re admit in post grad masters program
09:43 indradg new registration, new id, new access
09:43 cait indradg: the often keep their id here
09:43 cait but i thik what matts said it's true - it's compatible
09:43 matts cait, yep
09:44 cait if you reregister them... no need for mulitple discharges, but it won't hurt that it's possible in theory
09:44 matts I guess this is the need : being able to "reactivate" the user account
09:44 indradg and deleting discharged students is always not an option as govt funded bodies need to maintain records for 7 years
09:44 indradg matts: in this case changing cardnumber wont be possible
09:46 indradg what I would like to do here is work along with matts, so that both the french / european flow and the Indian flow can be managed
09:46 matts I guess some universities are using the discharge system for summer vacations. If the patron continues to study the following year, they lift the discharge, and the patron can use the library again.
09:46 cait indradg: hm i think i don't undertsand how the new feature bit would influence your workflw
09:46 indradg nothing like that here
09:47 matts indradg, in my opinion, such a system would work for the both of use.
09:47 cait it's already possible now to lift the restriction - i thik the new bit only adds logging for when you do and repeat?
09:47 matts If no librarian lift the discharge debarment on purpose, there is only one discharge.
09:47 cait matts: correct me if i am wrong :)
09:48 indradg cait: as it stands, a discharged student in indian context should not be allowed to be 'un-discharged', discharge is permanent, second a discharged student must not be able to access holds, reserves, make suggestions, tag clouds etc
09:48 indradg currently they are allowed to do all this cait
09:48 matts indradg, but only if a librarian allows it.
09:48 matts otherwise the student stays discharged no matter what.
09:49 indradg hmm
09:49 matts cait, yep, currently the debarment can be removed.
09:49 Joubu I think indradg wants to add a new pref :p
09:49 indradg Joubu: yes :P
09:49 Joubu matts: fwiw, your patch looks good to me
09:50 matts okay
09:50 indradg in fact, I've been recommending 3.20 primarily because of matts patch
09:51 matts Joubu, indradg, but a syspref that does what exactly ?
09:51 indradg unfortunately without the pref that Joubu mentions, my suggestions have come back to bit me
09:52 matts indradg, you are aware that without my patch, a librarian can already lift the discharge debarment manually, right ?
09:52 indradg matts: disallow lifting of discharge debarment, removes the normal navbar tabs, and switches around some of the text
09:52 indradg yes, but generation of that letter was the key
09:53 indradg so far people were using a custom report and mail merging outside koha
09:53 cait hm what i think is that you should work on a feature to disallow lifting on top of matts patch probably
09:54 cait they are compatible - it shoudl not block it - it's a separate feature
09:54 indradg not it should not be a blocker
09:54 indradg just extending 8007 and associated patches
09:54 cait lunch time - bbl!
09:55 indradg but i wanted to discuss it here first before creating any confusion accidentally
09:55 matts Okay, this solution works for me.
09:55 indradg matts: +1
09:57 matts indradg, so we can put 14368 back in Need Signoff, and create another issue for the syspref that would prevent the debarment lift ?
09:58 indradg matts: absolutely! in fact, I'll do the sign off immediately
09:58 matts Nice :)
09:58 matts indradg++
09:58 indradg I'll file a linked bug to 8007, 14368 about the indian requirement and work on it
10:02 matts Oh, by the way, Joubu, I've provided another fix for 12802
10:15 Francesca joined #koha
10:20 indradg matts: bug 14368
10:20 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14368 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, Signed Off , Add discharges history
10:21 matts indradg, okay, thanks !
10:23 indradg @later tell matts_away what do you think about bug 14376
10:23 huginn indradg: The operation succeeded.
10:46 Viktor joined #koha
11:14 alex_a_ joined #koha
11:18 indradg cait: around?
11:29 cait kind of
11:37 indradg heh i got hold of Joubu and asked my newbie QA questions cait
11:40 cait :)
11:52 meliss joined #koha
12:15 indradg joined #koha
12:22 matts indradg, I'll add the logging part
12:30 Viktor joined #koha
12:34 magnuse hm, i upgraded a database straight from 3.0.6 to current master and nothing exploded - that feels weird...
12:35 p_vdk joined #koha
12:36 p_vdk left #koha
12:39 Stompro joined #koha
12:41 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:42 cait heh
12:45 indradg joined #koha
12:59 JoshB joined #koha
12:59 edveal joined #koha
13:00 mario joined #koha
13:01 drojf does koha understand MARCXML syntax from SRU servers? there is only "MARC21/USMARC" as an option in the list, i guess that will not work for MARCXML?
13:08 pianohacker joined #koha
13:08 pianohacker yo
13:12 cait drojf: did you try?
13:12 cait drojf: i have a screenshot somewhere on how to configure dnb
13:13 cait drojf: i was thinking sru was kind of always marcxml hm.
13:17 pianohacker @later tell wizzyrea Well, as far as 14389 goes, I think you're right on the money. Even has support in everything we care about for the staff client. I'd say the patch is yours, you figured it out, thanks for the useful tidbit :)
13:17 huginn pianohacker: The operation succeeded.
13:17 drojf cait: that would be great, it is about DNB ;)
13:17 cait pm
13:17 drojf i have not tried yet, waiting for the account
13:20 ashimema joined #koha
13:20 cait I have the word of a lbirary that it works  with Koha - you shoudl be fine :)
13:21 cait bug 14398
13:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14398 was not found.
13:21 cait bug 14389
13:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14389 normal, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Needs Signoff , Editing a syspref in a textarea does not enable the Save button
13:21 talljoy joined #koha
13:35 nengard joined #koha
13:36 * magnuse waves at talljoy and nengard, then abruptly wanders off
13:37 talljoy ha!
13:37 talljoy hiya magnuse
13:38 Joubu pianohacker: the patch on bug 14389 works well to me, I signed it off.
13:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14389 normal, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Signed Off , Editing a syspref in a textarea does not enable the Save button
13:39 pianohacker fair nuff, thanks Joubu
13:41 nengard morning magnuse and #koha
13:47 p_vdk joined #koha
13:47 p_vdk left #koha
13:54 rocio joined #koha
14:02 alex_a_ khall: around ?
14:02 alex_a_ khall: (hello :))
14:02 khall yo
14:03 alex_a_ khall: A question about BZ 7710 and 5144. You make 7710 depends on 5144. Can you tell me why ?
14:04 indradg joined #koha
14:05 khall it's hard to recall, but I do believe it's basically because we
14:05 khall we'll need to allow "duplicate" holds when we allow multiple holds
14:05 khall but I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense.
14:05 khall If you want to remove the dependency that's fine by me
14:08 alex_a_ khall: I think we can remove this dependency since 5144 prevents patrons from placing multiple holds and 7710 do the opposite
14:08 alex_a_ thx
14:08 khall np!
14:10 cait alex_a++ khall++ communicating :)
14:10 cait lots of dev talk here today
14:11 cait also Joubu++ indradg++ and matts++ :)
14:11 khall : )
14:11 indradg :)
14:11 matts :)
14:14 alex_a joined #koha
14:14 indradg thanks for adding the logging support to suggestions edit patch matts :)
14:14 indradg hi alex_a_
14:14 alex_a hi indradg
14:14 Joubu Hi alexounet ;)
14:14 alex_a Joubuinou \o
14:18 tcohen joined #koha
14:34 tcohen joined #koha
14:36 M_xBoy joined #koha
14:36 M_xBoy Hello!
15:03 drojf left #koha
15:10 reiveune bye
15:10 reiveune left #koha
15:42 cait left #koha
15:52 tcohen joined #koha
15:58 misilot can Koha ingest OAI-PMH sources such as a DSpace repository?
16:14 ashimema dcook is your man for that sort of question misilot.. but he's aussie timezone..
16:14 ashimema so not about yet
16:15 mx_ivan joined #koha
16:15 mx_ivan Hola
16:15 mx_ivan how sear by 2 limit?
16:16 mx_ivan how search by 2 limits?
16:17 drojf joined #koha
16:35 cait joined #koha
16:35 cait Joubu++
16:41 tcohen Joubu++
16:53 jwellner joined #koha
16:53 jeremy-local_ joined #koha
16:53 jeremy-local_ Hi Guys!
17:11 mx_ivan hello how use
17:18 misilot thanks ashimema
17:28 Joubu have a good evening #koha
17:31 jeremy-local_ left #koha
17:57 carmen joined #koha
18:02 jeremy-local_ joined #koha
18:05 p_vdk joined #koha
18:14 mx_ivan joined #koha
18:14 mx_ivan Hola
18:14 wahanui hey, mx_ivan
18:14 mx_ivan hola
18:14 mx_ivan cait?
18:14 wahanui i think cait is looking for someone to qa the sip patches
18:14 mx_ivan cait
18:25 p_vdk joined #koha
18:33 khall joined #koha
18:34 khall left #koha
18:38 misilot joined #koha
19:02 khall joined #koha
19:09 magnuse joined #koha
19:11 wnickc joined #koha
19:19 indradg joined #koha
19:25 nengard left #koha
19:57 p_vdk joined #koha
20:08 barton|FIT ahoy... there used to be a bug open with regard to, with regard to the fact that there isn't a way to do a dry-run ... I can't see any open tickets about that, but maybe I'm not searching correctly.
20:08 cait joined #koha
20:09 barton|FIT I would like to run the script from the command line and see what would be queued, but I don't want to queue messages and I don't want to do debarments.
20:09 barton|tablet joined #koha
20:09 barton|FIT anyone remember the bug?
20:09 tcohen joined #koha
20:13 misilot barton|FIT: bug 12924 or bug 2389 ?
20:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12924 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, olli-antti.kivilahti, NEW , Replay in history
20:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2389 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , needs a test mode
20:14 gml joined #koha
20:14 dan_ joined #koha
20:15 barton|FIT ... test mode... that was it.
20:20 barton|FIT misilot++
20:22 * barton|FIT goes off to look into how hard it would be to fix bug 2389 ... the hard part is determining if there are any side-effects that I'm not aware of...
20:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2389 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , needs a test mode
20:25 rangi morning
20:26 dan_ joined #koha
20:26 dan_ Hello people, I need some help please: in /cgi-bin/koha/tools/ I got stuck, it allowed to import only 850 records (of 5000 staged oned), what could be happening?
20:28 dan_ joined #koha
20:30 cait hm
20:30 cait dan_: check your settings - did you tell it to import all records no matter if there is a match or not?
20:33 barton|FIT
20:35 meliss joined #koha
20:47 dan_ cait: I was using ISBN match but I don't think this is the cause. In the "job status" progress bar got stuck in 16%
20:48 rangi dan_: do you have shell on the server? run top, check if the process is still running
20:48 rangi sometimes the js gets confused and the progress bar stops, but the import is still running
20:48 cait yep that could be
20:52 cdickinson joined #koha
20:53 tcohen hi rangi
20:54 dan_ But when I'm reviewing at /cgi-bin/koha/tools/manage-mar​ looking for status of individual records, the first 850 records has 'Imported' status and the rest has 'Staged', and this doesn't change after several refreshs of the webpage
20:54 rangi hi tcohen
20:56 rangi you don't have shell on the machine dan_ ? it probably isn't still running, but that would be the only way to know for sure, also you could try doing a new import while running top and see when it stops and maybe what stopped it
21:00 edveal joined #koha
21:10 talljoy1 joined #koha
21:30 mx_mex joined #koha
21:31 mx_mex Hello!
21:36 mx_mex hola, good morning
21:36 magnuse joined #koha
21:36 rangi hi mx_mex
21:37 mx_mex help!
21:38 mx_mex How can delete authorities all in koha?
21:39 mx_mex As I can eliminate all authorities Koha? imported authorities and recorded manually
21:40 cait you could truncate the database table - that will remove then, you'd have to reindex - but if they are linked to records, those links will remain and get broken
21:46 rangi if you imported via the web interface, those ones you can revert
21:46 rangi then you would just have to delete out the manual ones
21:46 tcohen joined #koha
21:50 mex_mex joined #koha
21:50 mex_mex how to delete out the manual ones, what tables in the database?
21:52 cait the table is auth_headers... but be careful - really if you have used them/linked them here might be more to think about
21:52 cait oh hm
21:52 cait i tlooks like there is a script to remove unused authorities
21:53 cait bug 11441
21:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11441 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, juan.sieira, CLOSED FIXED, Ability to globally remove authorities with no bibliographic record linked.
22:08 p_vdk left #koha
22:37 eythian hi
22:40 cait hi eythian - night eythian :)
22:40 cait left #koha
22:50 JoshB joined #koha
22:53 p_vdk joined #koha
22:53 p_vdk left #koha
22:53 drojf good night #koha
23:10 dcook joined #koha
23:11 rocio left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary