IRC log for #koha, 2015-04-17

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 chrisvella joined #koha
01:03 rocio joined #koha
03:01 rocio left #koha
03:06 cdickinson joined #koha
03:28 barton joined #koha
05:02 ngourlay joined #koha
05:31 p_vdk joined #koha
05:37 cait joined #koha
05:38 cait good morning #koha
05:39 cait hm could someone add qa sprin to the motd?
05:39 cait[…]5-04-17_QA_sprint
06:18 laurence joined #koha
06:19 magnuse joined #koha
06:25 marcelr joined #koha
06:25 marcelr hi #koha
06:25 cait hi marcelr
06:26 marcelr hi cait
06:26 marcelr QA sprint !
06:26 cait i put up a wiki page[…]5-04-17_QA_sprint  - use it for whatever you want :)
06:26 cait have to get ready for work now, but will be back laterof course
06:26 marcelr cait: what happened with bug 13876
06:26 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13876 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Permission issues on updating via installer - dev installations
06:26 marcelr patches are not in order?
06:26 cait hm maybe from the last sign off
06:26 cait hadn't noticed
06:27 cait i can't fix it now, maybe you can? or leave a comment for the one to do qa
06:27 marcelr your signoff is on only one
06:27 marcelr i will
06:27 cait i think i might have only had one patch back then - not sure
06:28 cait sorry, really have to go, can take anothe rlook later
06:28 cait left #koha
06:33 reiveune joined #koha
06:35 reiveune hello
06:35 wahanui kia ora, reiveune
06:52 marcelr hi reiveune
06:52 reiveune hi :)
06:52 * magnuse waves
06:52 magnuse @wunder boo
06:52 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 6.0°C (8:20 AM CEST on April 17, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 70%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Windchill: 3.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
06:53 magnuse @wunder marseille
06:53 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 14.0°C (8:30 AM CEST on April 17, 2015). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
06:59 fridolin joined #koha
07:01 fridolin bonjour
07:01 codavid joined #koha
07:01 codavid left #koha
07:02 cdickinson joined #koha
07:03 paul_p joined #koha
07:03 marcelr hi fridolin
07:03 cdickinson Evening #koha
07:03 marcelr hi cdickinson good morning ;)
07:03 marcelr 9 am
07:04 alex_a joined #koha
07:04 cdickinson 7pm. Beer o'clock may have passed, but still have the beer
07:04 alex_a bonjour
07:05 marcelr hi alex_a
07:06 Joubu hi
07:06 marcelr hi Joubu
07:07 marcelr Joubu: I will have a look again at bug 13876 cait and chris were on it, but something went wrong..
07:07 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13876 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Permission issues on updating via installer - dev installations
07:08 Joubu marcelr: ?
07:08 Jul joined #koha
07:08 marcelr yes
07:09 marcelr Joubu: ?
07:10 Joubu marcelr: What is wrong? :)
07:10 * Joubu should backlog
07:10 marcelr not sure; i will check now
07:10 marcelr do not worry
07:11 Joubu ha yes, followup is first patch
07:11 marcelr changed it
07:12 marcelr did they forget to sign the other one?
07:12 cait joined #koha
07:13 cait morning again #koha
07:13 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:13 Joubu it's not fixed yes
07:14 Joubu yetù
07:14 Joubu arg...
07:14 * Joubu is going to boil some water
07:14 sophie_m joined #koha
07:15 gaetan_B hello
07:15 wahanui what's up, gaetan_B
07:18 Joubu cait: I don't understand your comment on bug 9139
07:18 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9139 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , Sending empty vendor or biblio when adding subscriptions gives wrong error
07:19 Joubu you still can enter a number in the input
07:21 marcelr hi all: anyone looking for a patch to sign off? please look at the last patch of bug 13371 from Joubu
07:21 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13371 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Add filters to the supplier list view
07:22 Joubu marcelr: 2 patches are the identical on bug 13876, the followup
07:22 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13876 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Permission issues on updating via installer - dev installations
07:24 marcelr Joubu: removed one
07:25 marcelr cait: you are welcome to finish qa on bug 13876
07:27 marcelr Joubu: you already had a look on bug 11592, but made no decision about it ?
07:27 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11592 normal, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , opac detail scripts do not respect MARC tag visibility
07:28 fridolin me wandering about logdir config
07:28 fridolin in my install www-data does not have permission to write into it
07:29 fridolin it is for CLI scripts like
07:29 Joubu marcelr: If I remember correctly, it's in conflict with bug 12252
07:29 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12252 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Passed QA , OAI-PMH GetRecord result doesn't include item data
07:29 Joubu which is PQA
07:29 marcelr ok; i think i ask tomas for additional comments first
07:30 Joubu and not sure it was ready for QA, I did not test it widely
07:31 marcelr @later tell tcohen could you please update your comments on bug 11592 as related to bug 12252
07:31 huginn` marcelr: The operation succeeded.
07:31 cait marcelr: i'd like it better if someone else could take a look - it's rather cryptic to me
07:31 marcelr cryptic? :)
07:32 Joubu I am on it!
07:33 Joubu marcelr: too bad not to have the from to versions in the filename :-/
07:33 Joubu But I think we already talked about that
07:33 marcelr add a follow-up ? :)
07:33 Joubu I tried to do it, but it was not trivial
07:33 marcelr no i do not recall that
07:34 marcelr the versions would be more interesting than the time
07:35 cait marcelr: just not the area i feel super comfortable
07:35 Joubu marcelr: the time is for the order
07:35 cait was not referring to the code specifically
07:35 marcelr no problem cait :)
07:36 marcelr i like cryptography
07:36 marcelr but my code should be clear ;)
07:36 cait i have to take a look at some other things before i can go back to qa - did you see the wiki page Joubu?
07:36 cait[…]5-04-17_QA_sprint
07:36 cait please feel all free to add to it whatever you think is useful
07:39 Joubu yes I have seen it
07:41 cait i didn't have many ideas, but thought we shoudl have one :)
07:46 Joubu marcelr: does updatedatabase_2015-04-17T09:​45:30_3.1900025_3.1900026.log could work for you?
07:46 Joubu a bit long, but we have all the info needed :)
07:47 marcelr my first impression? too long
07:47 Joubu and your second?
07:47 marcelr remove the time?
07:48 Joubu no, the file could be erased
07:48 Joubu if the same update is launched twice
07:48 marcelr something like 20150417_3190025_3190026
07:48 Joubu twice in the same day :)
07:48 marcelr would that be a problem?
07:48 Joubu I think so
07:49 Joubu So, I have a patch, Should I submit it or pass QA on the existing patch set?
07:49 marcelr in that case go for it
07:49 marcelr i think you can add it, we still need another qaer
07:50 marcelr you also wrote the first patch
07:50 marcelr i can signoff on the third one if needed
07:54 magnuse qateam++
07:57 marcelr hi magnuse
07:59 magnuse hiya marcelr
08:21 cait marcel++ Joubu++ :)
08:21 gerundio joined #koha
08:25 marcelr cait++ not to forget
08:33 marcelr Joubu: should the last patch of bug 13014 be somewhere else, perhaps on its own report?
08:33 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13014 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Sent an email to budget owner when a suggestion can be treated
08:40 Joubu nobody will test it and it will die forever in the NSO queue
08:40 Joubu that's why I didn't create another bug report...
08:40 Joubu "die forever" ...
08:44 paul_p joined #koha
08:48 marcelr if nobody cares about that language, should we ?
08:50 ashimema joined #koha
08:51 marcelr wb ashimema
08:52 magnuse marcelr: which language?
08:52 wahanui which language is probably "nb" ?
08:53 marcelr not norwegian :) but ru-RU and uk-UA
08:53 cdickinson you know you're a programmer when someone says "what language", you automatically go and look for a programming language with that acronym
08:54 marcelr programmer too if you say ru-RU instead of russian
08:56 marcelr Joubu: if you add them in the sql file, but if they did not pass by in updatedatabase, we also create a discrepancy ?
08:57 marcelr or are we sure they did?
08:57 mveron joined #koha
08:57 marcelr probably btw..
08:57 mveron Hi #koha
08:57 marcelr hi mveron
08:57 marcelr do not signoff too much today :)
08:57 mveron Daag marcelr  :-)
08:57 marcelr hallo
08:57 marcelr goedemorgen
08:58 mveron Hoe is het ermee?
08:58 wahanui i already had it that way, mveron.
08:58 marcelr prima
08:58 mveron @wunder Allschwil
08:58 huginn` mveron: The current temperature in Grenchen, Switzerland is 12.0°C (10:50 AM CEST on April 17, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
09:01 mveron I have a strange behaviour on the checkout screen (on master):
09:01 mveron Checkout item, hit return to print slip, then try to enter a new barcode, result Popup "You have already submitted a barcode, please wait for the checkout to process"
09:02 mveron Can anybody confirm?
09:07 eythian @wunder nzwn
09:07 huginn` eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 15.0°C (8:30 PM NZST on April 17, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 67%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
09:08 cait Joubu: i can test
09:08 cait bug 13041 follow up
09:08 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13041 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Can't add user as manager of basket if name includes a single quote
09:08 cait hm not that one
09:09 cait 13014
09:09 cait bug 13014
09:09 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13014 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Sent an email to budget owner when a suggestion can be treated
09:12 cait we just need to check the last patch with the installer updates?
09:14 Joubu last 2
09:14 cait ok
09:15 cait i will run it against a db
09:18 cait marcelr: i can try to sign off 13014 - would you continue qa then?
09:19 marcelr i am on it already: we should not duplicate our efforts today?
09:19 marcelr i marked qa contact\
09:20 cait ah, thought you wanted a sign off first -misunderstood then
09:20 cait if you are already on it I am completely fine with that too :)
09:20 marcelr no, just wondering if it should be somewhere else
09:20 marcelr it is not really part of that report
09:21 marcelr actually some one should be responsible for that language?
09:21 cait hm for me the feature is incomplete if the sample notice is not installed always kind of
09:21 marcelr no the last patch updates various notices
09:21 marcelr they are just missing there
09:21 marcelr or have no transport type
09:22 cait aah i see
09:22 cait i think it could have gone on a separate one... but i wouldn't mind it being there
09:22 marcelr but Joubu has a point: if we move it elsewhere, maybe no one cares
09:22 cait it looks like they don't have an active maintainer currently, but we sill offer them during installation time... so having them not break too horribly is probably nice
09:23 cait i think maybe we got libraries who would care, but no active devs right now :(
09:23 marcelr we now have language files that contain more english than the original language
09:24 marcelr but i will leave it there..
09:24 cait maybe we need to activate unmaintained installes at some pont
09:24 cait hm deactivate
09:24 marcelr yes
09:25 cait if Joubu's patch doesn't break but improves i'd keep it for now i think
09:26 marcelr ok
09:27 cait i will take a look at bug 12847 next
09:27 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12847 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Date comparisons in C4::Members::IssueSlip are broken
09:31 Joubu 400 lines of tests for 32 lines of code...
09:32 cait wow
09:32 marcelr Joubu: why  do you use == instead of >= in GetUnprocessedSuggestions ?
09:32 marcelr i would expect all suggestions older than x days not =x days
09:32 Joubu marcelr: bug#?
09:32 marcelr 13014
09:32 marcelr bug 13014
09:32 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13014 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Sent an email to budget owner when a suggestion can be treated
09:33 marcelr in C4/Suggestions
09:34 Joubu hum, good question
09:34 Joubu let me check the spec
09:35 marcelr you also have a @days in the cronjob i would opt for one $days ?
09:37 Joubu no that's it
09:37 Joubu the need is: sent an email after 1 day and after 1 week(7days)
09:38 Joubu the cronjob is executed every night
09:38 Joubu marcelr: ^
09:38 marcelr what parameters?
09:38 wahanui parameters are there mostly.
09:38 marcelr 1 and 7
09:38 marcelr ?
09:38 Joubu yes
09:39 marcelr it seems a bit odd
09:39 Joubu for a given suggestion, sent an email the day after the it has been created to the budget owner if he didn't treat it
09:40 marcelr and remind after a week..
09:40 Joubu and send him a reminded 1 week after if has not been treated
09:40 Joubu so it's == :)
09:40 marcelr ok, will look further; i did not receive a mail for 1 day old but still checking..
09:42 Joubu cait: what does the last comments on bug 13414 mean?
09:42 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13414 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , Enable right truncation with search by relevance
09:43 Joubu is it ready to qa?
09:43 Joubu if yes, I would ask for another signoff :)
09:45 cait i was hoping david woudl sign off
09:46 cait i think i thought we could change the description in sysprefs.sql as a qa followup
09:46 cait if it was only the string to change
09:47 cait for the functionality... i am not sure i understand it
09:49 cait hm
09:49 cait
09:49 cait oh never mind, the path is wrong
09:50 cait ignore paste
09:51 cait Joubu: do as you see fit - another signoff would be probably good
09:52 cait hi khall :)
09:53 khall mornin cait!
09:56 cait khall: could you take a look at the patches for fixing the permission problem iwth the web installer?
09:57 khall sure! what's the bug number?
09:58 cait bug 13876
09:58 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13876 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Permission issues on updating via installer - dev installations
10:09 marcelr hi khall
10:09 khall mornin marcelr!
10:17 cait I will pick on 13998 next
10:17 cait bug 12998
10:17 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12998 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Option to exclude withdrawn items when exporting records
10:18 cait bug 13998
10:18 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13998 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , is broken
10:19 marcelr bug 13345
10:19 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13345 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Patch doesn't apply , Choose the format when sending a basket/list by email
10:21 marcelr khall: if you could look at bug 11165 (i signed off on that one)
10:21 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11165 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , auth_header.datemodified should be updated
10:21 khall will do!
10:23 marcelr Joubu: did you do something with bug 13414 ?
10:23 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13414 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha, Signed Off , Enable right truncation with search by relevance
10:24 Joubu marcelr: no
10:24 marcelr any thoughts about it?
10:24 Joubu marcelr: I don't know what to do with it actually
10:24 marcelr ok
10:24 Joubu I am not confident, don't understand neither the code or the feature...
10:27 marcelr bug 13695
10:27 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13695 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , Allow ISBD format export
10:29 cait Joubu: i have problems reproducing bug 13998 on master
10:29 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13998 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , is broken
10:30 cait ... ok, now i can, never mind
10:34 cait Joubu: maybe ask for more infomration on the bug... i feel very similar (field weighting sort)
10:36 cait khall:[…]QA_sprint#Numbers
10:36 khall thanks cait!
10:36 cait 10 bugs passed / 4 failed - good job everyone!
10:36 cait going to lunch bbiab :)
10:45 khall looks like the sql report runner explodes on bad sql now
10:45 khall on master
11:16 andreashm joined #koha
11:21 andreashm hello
11:24 alex_a joined #koha
11:27 alex_a_ joined #koha
11:28 andreashm joubu: scanned the log and saw that you asked about why bug 9139 got a failed QA. Did you ever get a reply to that? Because I can't understand the reason either...
11:28 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9139 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , Sending empty vendor or biblio when adding subscriptions gives wrong error
11:28 Joubu andreashm: I pingued cait, I don't understand neither what she meant :)
11:30 andreashm joubu: alright, thanks
11:30 andreashm that makes two of us then. =)
11:31 mario joined #koha
11:31 mario morning khall
11:32 khall mornin mario!
11:44 mveron joined #koha
11:47 t4nk006 joined #koha
11:47 t4nk006 help me to write an sql report
11:50 ctsl joined #koha
11:50 meliss joined #koha
11:50 ctsl I need to write an sql for getting the details of overided fines
11:50 ctsl and circulation details
11:55 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:05 cait back :)
12:06 cait andreashm: Joubu: without the patch you can enter the vendor number /biblionumber directly without using the search - it's something that i have seen people use - so i think we shoudl keep it
12:07 collum joined #koha
12:08 barton joined #koha
12:11 carmen joined #koha
12:16 cait ugh
12:16 cait t/db_dependent/Reports_Guided.t seems to delete my reports...
12:16 * cait is not amused
12:19 mario joined #koha
12:19 andreashm cait: can't you still do that? (I don't have the patch applied right now so can't check)
12:19 andreashm for bug 9139
12:19 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9139 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , Sending empty vendor or biblio when adding subscriptions gives wrong error
12:20 andreashm isn't it only when the box is empty and you press enter that the search appears?
12:21 * andreashm is looking at it again
12:21 cait andreashm: i couldn't enter anything in th ebox if it was empty
12:21 cait but can before
12:21 cait and... i am not having my best qa day
12:22 cait now i can#t save new sql reports
12:23 wicope joined #koha
12:24 andreashm cait: ah, now I see. Yes that would be a problem - I missed that.
12:25 andreashm note to self, think when testing patches - don't just follow the testplan. =)
12:25 cait heh - always good
12:25 cait ... also...make sure your assumption is right before writing a bug comment :(
12:27 cait andreashm: can you check if ia m going insane? and create an sql report and tell me... if you can see it after saving?
12:30 andreashm i'll look
12:31 cait i have added a test plan to bug 10706
12:31 nengard joined #koha
12:31 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10706 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , keyword search on reports should search report number
12:31 cait the last comment
12:33 Callender joined #koha
12:39 andreashm cait: sorry, a colleague came of to chat. but yes, I see the sql report I saved.
12:47 andreashm cait: 9139 is back at needs signoff. should I sign it off (it seems to work as intended) or does it go straight to QA?
12:49 cait andreashm: can you try a keywords search (filter on the left) that does not exist
12:49 cait and then see if you can still see them?
12:49 cait bug 9139
12:49 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9139 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Sending empty vendor or biblio when adding subscriptions gives wrong error
12:49 cait andreashm: if you already tested, i'd say sign off :)
12:51 andreashm ok
12:52 cait and i am going to report a new bug for the reports problem
12:53 andreashm it works, even if I think its a little strange that pressing enter after typing in something in the vendor/biblio box still opens the search. but before the patch pressing enter gave a wrong error message, as it tried to send the from - this is still better than before. So I guess it can be signedoff
12:55 marcelr cait: with bugs like 13414 the speed goes down..
12:56 misilot Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to increase debugging output for the LDAP login? As when I try to login I get the following error:  LDAP Auth rejected : invalid password for user 'misilot'. LDAP error #16: LDAP_NO_SUCH_ATTRIBUTE
12:57 misilot how do I find out what attribute it is talking about?
12:57 khall cait: do you think any of these issues should be blockers for pqa?[…].cgi?id=12747#c10
12:57 khall I'm on the fence
12:57 khall I'm sure none of them will be fixed later on if we let it in now, so I don't know
12:57 cait bug 13414
12:57 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13414 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha, Failed QA , Enable right truncation with search by relevance
12:58 cait marcelr: hm worth noting - it is a very visible hit on performance? and can it be turned off/is it turned off by default?
12:58 cait khall: in a moment, just let me fix the mess on bug 10706 first
12:58 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10706 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , keyword search on reports should search report number
12:58 khall k
12:59 marcelr cait: when i said speed, i meant it takes a lot of time to qa and it reduces qa speed :)
12:59 cait oh!
12:59 marcelr not a performance thing..
12:59 cait that's good then
13:00 marcelr
13:00 wahanui is complicated and has been the source of much contention in the wake of KohaCon with BibLibre rewriting it for Solr/Lucene instead of Zebra support.
13:00 cait you all have to be a bit patient with me today i guess :) i am a bit slow...
13:00 marcelr :)
13:00 Joubu khall: Did you check other perfs? I am pretty sure both versions exist :)
13:00 cait well not exactly good... do you think you can figure it out?
13:01 marcelr cait: it failed qa for now
13:01 marcelr pass the ball back to the author and signer
13:02 khall Joubu: do you mean the delimiter?
13:02 Joubu no, the 123$a vs 123a
13:03 khall ok, I didn't look for precedence on that. It just gets really messy. A valid field could literally be 12345 which is a bit hard to read ; )
13:03 khall 123$45 it least puts a bit of sense to it
13:05 cait ColinC++
13:05 khall like I said, I'm really on the fence about those issues being blockers
13:06 Joubu khall: yes I think they are
13:06 khall ok, thanks for the second opinion Joubu!
13:09 * cait agrees
13:09 cait small stuff matters too - it adds to the overall picture and it shoudl not be hard to fix
13:10 cait i have nevert hought about 1234 before - now that i did 123$4 DOES look a lot nicer
13:10 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:10 cait not sure about the controlfields - but showing a control-number might be a good example for what people would like to see
13:10 fridolin FYI, to test bugs on sending emails, like  bug 8753 on sandboxes
13:10 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8753 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, philippe.blouin, Failed QA , Add forgot password link to OPAC
13:10 cait khall: what do you thnk about adding it also the the code in acq? I am not sure we should let those 2 get out of sync
13:10 fridolin you must spécify the syspref KohaAdminEmailAddress
13:11 cait worth enough they are pasta copy (unless someone fixed it) :)
13:11 khall cait: I would totally agree on that
13:11 cait oooh they fixed that.
13:12 khall excellent
13:12 cait i am really slow today.
13:12 cait gah.
13:12 cait comment#8 This is a redo of the two previous patches, along with the changes to make it identical in Cataloguing as in Acquisitions (see #11874).
13:12 khall I'd like to see us choose a standard delimiter for system preferences as well. Not a big deal, but it would be nice for the sake of consistency
13:12 cait yeah it would make things a little easier
13:13 fridolin[…]ng_sending_emails
13:14 cait impressive! keep going![…]QA_sprint#Numbers
13:15 andreashm nice work
13:17 * cait feeds twitter - but my account is not public - feel free to retweet to make it :)
13:17 wicope_ joined #koha
13:17 misilot left #koha
13:17 misilot joined #koha
13:19 cait bug 7380 next
13:19 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7380 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Can't filter patron search on detail page
13:21 drojf joined #koha
13:21 drojf hi #koha
13:22 andreashm hi drojf
13:23 fridolin joined #koha
13:25 cait hi drojf
13:25 drojf hi andreashm and cait
13:25 andreashm Humm... once again I try a bug that does what it sets out to do, but it's behaviour seems a bit strange to me. sign off or comment? or sign off +add comment?
13:26 andreashm bug 13022
13:26 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13022 minor, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Hardcoded limit causes records with more than 20 items to show inaccurate statuses
13:26 cait andreashm: when it doubt comment
13:26 andreashm cait: alright, thanks.
13:27 cait haven't checked this bug, but sometimes things are strange or not entirely good ideas - it's good to put doubts out there
13:28 khall andreashm: That's my patch if you have any questions!
13:29 andreashm khall: well, it works if you put the new syspref (MaxSearchResultsItemsPerRecordStatusCheck) to a higher number than the number of items on a record. but does nothing if you put the number over 20 but still less than record.
13:29 khall andreashm: what's the strange behavior you see?
13:29 khall does nothing? not sure what you mean?
13:29 andreashm I put 40 items on a record and updated the syspref to 30. as far as i can tell it does nothing. but if I update it to 41 it works.
13:30 andreashm it doesn't show correct information about items on the resultslist. but perhaps this is the intended workflow?
13:31 khall it'll only show the correct status for the first 30 then, but that's highly dependent on what the status of those items
13:31 andreashm you would expect it to show the first 30 correct, if you set it to 30 (and everything above that won't be shown correct)
13:31 khall are
13:31 andreashm how are items listed them?
13:31 khall the patch doesn't change that
13:31 andreashm because I put the in transit ones in the beggining of the items-list
13:31 khall it only makes the hard coded 20 a system setting
13:32 andreashm ok
13:32 andreashm then I guess it works then. =)
13:32 khall excellent!
13:32 andreashm I just found the new syspref a bit confusing, to how I though it would work.
13:32 khall I'd do away with the limit altogether, but I don't want it to cause slowdowns for libraries that care about speed more than accuracy
13:32 cma joined #koha
13:34 cait d
13:36 misilot khall: not sure how easy it would be, but should that limit also be a limit on how many items can be attached to a bib? So you don't run into this problem? And give false hope to someone wanting an item?
13:37 misilot if keeping the limit
13:37 cait maybe we shoudl just not show any information if the bib is over limit then
13:37 cait ... too many items... see here for more info... whatever :)
13:37 khall misilot: in that case I'd say the limit should be removed altogether and just make a syspref for the limit of the number of items. But I don't know how everyone would feel about that ; )
13:38 khall cait's idea seems like a better one
13:38 andreashm oh, signedoff beofre I saw the discussion here. But I guess you can change the status of the bug if you feel like it. =)
13:38 cait i fear it woudl send the wrong message 'koha can#t deal with x amount of items'
13:39 cait I am oftn asked about 'limits'
13:39 khall andreashm: sign off is good, that idea would work in conjunction with my patch
13:39 andreashm cait: well, if librarians can choose that limit themselves it's more on them than the system
13:39 andreashm khall: alright, good
13:40 andreashm cait: so I think it's probably a good idea. for those who want speed - they can set a limit. for those who don't care, they can set a high number (or preferably, if it could be turned off altogether)
13:41 cait andreashm: yeah, but i wouldn't have a limit for mx items on a record i think
13:41 cait and i feel kinda weird about this one too - feels like we should ... *do it properly'
13:42 andreashm cait: me neither. the issue is how to show the status of items in the search results, not the actual number of items right?
13:43 cait yep
13:43 cait i think i am ok with kyle's patch, butmaybe it would make sense to calculate the number and store in index or something
13:43 cait to solve the problem independent of the number of items
13:44 andreashm cait: might be a good idea.
13:44 andreashm ok, gotta run.
13:44 andreashm good luck with the QA work everyone!
13:45 khall cait: not sure what you mean
13:46 cait the performance problem is we calculate when displaying the result list, right?
13:46 khall right
13:47 cait I was wondering how that could be improved - instead of just putting a pref - but out of scope here
13:47 cait fine with your approach for now
13:47 khall if we fix it with zebra indexes it will be like trying to wrestle an octopus ; )
13:47 cait mmh octopus
13:51 khall lol, not my favorite dish ; )
13:51 cait heh
13:52 drojf mmmh zebropus. like turducken
13:53 cait lol
13:53 cait that's a really bad picture
13:54 drojf but it will stay in your head :D
13:54 cait yeah it does...
13:54 cait very alien like
13:54 cait with all those arms
13:57 drojf heh :)
14:00 reiveune left #koha
14:06 reiveune joined #koha
14:10 cait it got so quiet khall - marcelr - Joubu?
14:10 khall yo
14:10 khall working on some followups for my bug
14:10 marcelr he cait: still qaing..
14:10 khall to implement your idea
14:10 cait marcelr: which one are you on right now? :)
14:10 marcelr bug 13790
14:10 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13790 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add unique id issue_id to issues and old_issues tables
14:11 cait oh that's a good one
14:11 marcelr well...
14:11 cait we really want to get that right
14:11 cait or... boom
14:11 cait well maybe not boom.... but it wodl not be good
14:16 rambutan kaboom?
14:18 tcohen joined #koha
14:19 tcohen morning
14:20 tcohen magnuse: you are right.
14:22 tcohen marcelr: i will
14:22 marcelr he tcohen
14:22 marcelr ola
14:22 tcohen hola marcel
14:22 marcelr i forgot the h apparently :)
14:23 tcohen we don't pronounce either, so it makes no sense anyway
14:23 tcohen magnuse: will u provide a patch for that?
14:24 chris_n cait: re bug 9978 it applied for me just the other day over master
14:24 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9978 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Patch doesn't apply , Update GNU licenses header in Koha files from GPL2 to GPL3
14:25 chris_n I'll try it again and see if I can fix it
14:28 chris_n that's ugly :-(
14:30 tcohen marcelr: can u talk a couple minutes about 11592?
14:30 marcelr bug 11592
14:30 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11592 normal, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , opac detail scripts do not respect MARC tag visibility
14:30 tcohen as per your request
14:30 marcelr what about it?
14:31 marcelr i did not really dive into it because i saw your earlier comments.
14:31 tcohen ok
14:32 marcelr so i was curious about your position before starting qa
14:32 tcohen my decision about that kind of stuff is that we should definitely resurrect Koha::RecordProcessor
14:33 tcohen so, Mark should implement (if that's what he wants) a Koha::Filter for MARC records
14:33 marcelr which would mean: rewrite the patch set first
14:33 tcohen I wrote my own for MARCXML (in the form of XML::LibXML::Document objects, which is the result of parsing XML)
14:34 tcohen so, I already have an implementation
14:34 tcohen that "can be used" wherever we want
14:34 tcohen the problem with MArk's is that it is MARC::Record specific, and is hooked in the wrong place (IMHO)
14:34 tcohen it can be discussed
14:34 marcelr where is yours now?
14:35 tcohen i lost a part of it, but had a backup on github, i'm serching
14:35 tcohen[…]ee/xslt_filtering
14:35 tcohen I introduced a Koha::Filter::MARCXML::ViewPolicy filter class
14:36 marcelr shall i put these two refs on the report and still take a look later?
14:36 tcohen yes, please
14:37 tcohen the idea is that once we have the records for display, we should create a recordprocessor
14:37 tcohen and then choose the filters to apply
14:37 tcohen ViewPolicy + OutputForDetail
14:37 tcohen AddItemInformation + ViewPolicy + OutputForDetail
14:37 tcohen etc
14:38 marcelr sounds good at least.
14:39 tcohen so, even if Mark's filter algorithms are good, or perfect. We should consider some refactoring
14:39 tcohen and in the end, and we retrieve MARCXML from zebra... it oculd make no sense to create MARC::Record objects anyway
14:40 collum joined #koha
14:40 marcelr ok
14:42 hkh joined #koha
14:42 Joubu tcohen: really we need TestBuilder...
14:42 Joubu (it's F
14:42 tcohen Joubu: i know
14:42 Joubu (it's friday, isn't?)
14:44 tcohen Joubu: it is
14:45 marcelr tcohen: have a look at bug 13790 too; it wants to introduce Koha::Database into updatedatabase; this is interesting since the DBIx stuff seems to be moving slowly
14:45 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13790 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Failed QA , Add unique id issue_id to issues and old_issues tables
14:45 marcelr the actual dbrev failed qa, but it is the idea itself
14:46 khall marcelr: is the use of dbix the only reason you failed qa?
14:46 chris_n cait: try bug 9978 again
14:47 marcelr no three points mentioned
14:47 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9978 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Signed Off , Update GNU licenses header in Koha files from GPL2 to GPL3
14:47 khall this is a very important bug for a number of other bugs
14:47 Joubu chris_n: mine was good :)
14:48 marcelr khall: yes
14:48 Joubu chris_n: I rebased it before you
14:48 cait chris_n: thx, on it
14:48 cait could somoene do me a favour and also rebase 8688? only updatedatabase i think
14:48 chris_n Joubu: sorry, I missed your attachment; thought you were just commenting
14:49 tcohen should we start a contest to get the first bug to use atomicupdates?
14:49 Joubu I already submited at least 2 :)
14:49 chris_n Joubu: someone else must have kicked the other, sorry
14:49 * chris_n only had one collision
14:50 chris_n but you're welcome to submit it again and obsolete mine
14:50 tcohen khall: do we need to set the autoincrement?
14:50 * chris_n has not corner on that bug ;-)
14:50 khall tcohen: yes
14:51 tcohen wouldn't the alter table take care of that?
14:51 khall if we've 20 old issues, we need issues.issue_id to start at 21
14:51 tcohen ah
14:52 khall tcohen: what say you about my use of dbic in updatedatabase? Is that bad form? Should I rewrite it to remove it?
14:52 tcohen I see no problem with it
14:52 marcelr tcohen khall: the increment is fine, i tested it
14:53 cait tcohen: and it also needs to assign new numbers at the right starting point
14:53 tcohen I agree the $schema variable definition would end a bit hidden betwen dbrevs....
14:53 marcelr about mixing dbix and mysql, i have my doubts
14:53 cait i had tested this on another patch before - we learned some lesson
14:53 cait s
14:53 khall marcelr: dbic and dbh share the same database handle
14:54 marcelr maybe i am too strict, but i do not like to mix those two in one dbrev
14:55 khall we can't alter the table with dbic statements, those will always have to be raw sql
14:55 chris_n Joubu: I see what happened now; I did not check to see that you had attached a new patch and thus obsoleted your fix; many apologies
14:55 chris_n I suppose that would be a better problem to have than for no-one to be fixing things :-)
14:56 marcelr khall: in this case you only need the max or last id; it is somewhat theoretical thing (also look at my last point)
15:01 khall marcelr: I just added a followup, is this what you mean?
15:02 marcelr looks better already :)
15:02 khall excellent!
15:03 marcelr you removed the use completely now?
15:03 marcelr wouldn't it be better to move the $schema outside the if?
15:03 khall my bad, let me fix that. i shouldn't have removed the use either
15:03 marcelr a future dbrev can use it too
15:03 tcohen at the top!
15:04 khall marcelr: I'll do that
15:06 marcelr have to go; bye all
15:08 mveron joined #koha
15:08 reiveune left #koha
15:09 khall since marcelr had to go, can someone else please qa bug 13790?
15:09 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13790 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add unique id issue_id to issues and old_issues tables
15:17 fridolin have a nice weekend
15:17 fridolin left #koha
15:22 cait can we do 3 more
15:22 cait ?
15:22 cait 50 woud look great as result :)
15:25 khall cait: can you qa bug 13790?
15:25 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13790 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add unique id issue_id to issues and old_issues tables
15:25 khall I'm sure we'll pass 50 for sure!
15:25 cait hm, maybe marcelr could on monday? he already spend a lot of time on it
15:26 cait ... an di have to leave to spanish without my homework in a few mins
15:26 cait *sigh*
15:26 khall k
15:26 cait i will try catch him monday and see if i can do it if he doesn't get to
15:28 khall thanks!
15:29 cait hope we can get all the stuff sorted before thursday
15:29 cait would love to see us get down some more next week
15:34 cait khall: could you sign the follow up the gpl license bug?
15:34 khall sure!
15:36 khall cait: what's the bug number?
15:36 cait 9978
15:37 khall will do!
15:37 cait thx :)
15:37 cait marcelr++ khall++ Joubu++
15:37 cait great QA sprint!
15:37 cait sorry for the chaos i caused today :)
15:47 cait left #koha
15:49 laurence left #koha
15:52 gaetan_B bye
16:04 nengard am i imaging things or was biblionumber a search option on the advanced search before?
16:04 nengard I don't see it anymore
16:12 Joubu tcohen: ?
16:18 Joubu tcohen: I dropped you an email
16:18 Joubu have a good w-e #koha
16:18 Joubu ++
16:49 tcohen have a good weekend too Joubu !
16:53 mario joined #koha
17:17 tcohen bye #koha
18:02 wnickc joined #koha
18:11 sophie_m joined #koha
18:30 mario joined #koha
18:40 cait joined #koha
18:40 * cait waves
20:08 barton Quick question about hold notices -- if I'm reading C4/ correctly at line 2029 ([…]a23;hb=HEAD#l2029) -- Any notice with message_attributes.message_name set to 'Hold_Filled' can be used as the message which fills the hold -- do we ever use a message other than letter code 'HOLD' for this?
20:09 cait ?
20:10 cait what are you tryin gto do?
20:11 barton cait -- I'm trying to do more documentation.
20:11 cait i think that line just looks if it's activated
20:11 cait further down HOLD is hardcoded
20:11 cait 2091
20:12 cait i wouldn't play around with that
20:13 barton cait -- if I read that correctly, that's only set if we didn't send a notification earlier -- it isn't used for 'email', 'sms' or 'phone'.
20:16 cait i'd not document it as being optional
20:16 cait becuase i don't think it's meant to be
20:16 barton my guess is that 'HOLD' is the only notice that ever gets message_attribute set to 'Hold_Filled'.
20:17 barton since message_attributes isn't really accessible throug Koha.
20:17 cait i am no tsure they are linked that way
20:18 cait hm maybe they are
20:18 cait but i wouldn't suggest someone changes it, even if you technically could
20:18 cait it's in the mandatory data like that
20:23 nengard left #koha
20:51 gglitch joined #koha
20:52 gglitch I'm probably in the wrong channel or server for koha assistance, but if you can help, I'm having a problem with repeat "Error: IP address has changed. Please log in again" offenses. Does anyone know of a solution for this. Brand new installation on a brand new server instance.
20:52 gglitch Thanks.
20:54 gglitch Ubuntu 14.04, I should add, on digital ocean.
21:04 cait gglitch: it's a security feature
21:04 cait your ip address keeps changing, which invalidates your session
21:05 cait if you can't get a permanent ip there is a pref to turn this off now
21:05 cait but you need a really new version
21:05 gglitch cait: thanks. I've only just built it though, and am only contacting it from my desk, where I have a static ip
21:05 cait hmmm htat's strange then
21:06 cait the preference i meant is SessionRestrictionByIP
21:06 gglitch Thanks. in what file?
21:06 cait i get you didn't change anything in he preferences so far?
21:06 cait administration > system preferences
21:06 cait in the guil
21:06 cait gui
21:06 gglitch No, not a thing. Upon logging in as the sql dbadmin, it tells me to make a new superlibrarian, and I can't even save a password for the new user without getting kicked out over and over.
21:07 cait hmm
21:07 gglitch Ah, ok, the gui. Well, hopefully it will let me do that.
21:07 cait sorry, no other idea right now waht would cause this
21:07 cait you are in the right channel by the way
21:07 gglitch Thanks cait. That's something to start with.
21:07 cait but weekends are always pretty quiet here
21:08 gglitch Yeah, sorry, that was pasted from when I logged into freenode a few minutes earlier and found one user :)
21:08 cait ah :)
21:08 cait yeh just telling you in case you come back and noone is here :)
21:08 cait or responding
21:13 magnuse joined #koha
21:16 gglitch cait: It took a few tries, but I managed to flip the SessionRestriction switch. Thanks very much!
21:24 cait np :)
22:10 cait left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary