IRC log for #koha, 2015-04-13

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 JoshB joined #koha
00:44 rangi eythian:[…]87415742599028736
01:41 cdickinson joined #koha
02:13 carmen joined #koha
05:55 papa joined #koha
05:59 laurence joined #koha
06:19 p_vdk joined #koha
06:20 magnuse joined #koha
06:26 * magnuse waves
06:27 magnuse how's the bug squashing going?
06:38 alex_a joined #koha
06:39 alex_a bonjour
06:52 marcelr joined #koha
06:52 marcelr hi #koha
07:02 magnuse hiya alex_a and marcelr
07:02 marcelr hi magnuse
07:02 alex_a hello magnuse
07:04 cait joined #koha
07:05 codavid joined #koha
07:06 Jul joined #koha
07:06 codavid left #koha
07:07 magnuse hm,[…]rest_of_the_world could do with some editing - we don't really use email for patches any longer, do we...
07:09 sophie_m joined #koha
07:09 sophie_m heloo #koha
07:09 sophie_m hello
07:14 magnuse bonjour sophie_m
07:14 sophie_m hi magnuse
07:15 * cait waves
07:16 cait magnuse: i was also tempted to edit the database update docs - it still lists the idea for the first change to updatedatabase
07:16 cait bit worried that it could be confusing
07:18 magnuse sounds like it needs fixing, then
07:18 magnuse but i thought Joubu updated something? maybe there is stuff in more than one place...
07:18 cait his update is fine
07:19 cait i will show you :)
07:19 cait[…]/Database_updates
07:19 cait i'd like to delete the paragraph about 7167
07:19 cait or move it
07:20 magnuse the bug is "RESOLVED WONTFIX"
07:20 magnuse so i say delete it
07:21 magnuse it will be possible to recover it from the history of the page, if that is ever needed
07:21 cait ah, good
07:21 cait so i will go ahead
07:21 Joubu should be deleted, yes
07:21 Joubu sadly...
07:21 cait :(
07:23 magnuse :-(
07:24 gmcharlt_ joined #koha
07:25 kivilahtio_ man, people with the IE-browsers cannot reach our OPAC
07:25 kivilahtio_ strrrangge
07:26 markvandenborre joined #koha
07:30 Joubu kivilahtio_: all versions?
07:30 Joubu they can see that as a punishment or something... :)
07:30 magnuse bug 13916 is an easy signoff - hint hint nudge nudge
07:32 cait wahanui?
07:32 wahanui i am right sometimes
07:32 cait ah, no huginn!
07:32 cait gmcharlt_: ping
07:33 dbs joined #koha
07:34 magnuse Bug 13916 - NORMARC can have analytics with leader 07 = a, b or p[…]_bug.cgi?id=13916
07:35 cait today is GBSD! right?
07:37 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:37 gaetan_B bonjour
07:37 wahanui salut, gaetan_B
07:40 magnuse cait: right!
07:40 cait Joubu: hm is the creation of notices with transport_type email for patrons without email a bug? I see prints too, but lots of failed noticed for preduedigest for those
07:40 mveron joined #koha
07:40 mveron hi #koha
07:40 Joubu cait: not a bug
07:41 magnuse[…]bug_squashing_day
07:41 Joubu email is checked on sending the letter
07:41 cait well yes
07:41 cait but they don't have an address
07:41 Joubu so it's marked as failed
07:41 cait we didn't use to create one then
07:42 cait hm maybe i am mistaken, it's just this library has a lot of failed notices that way
07:48 Joubu cait: I will check the code :)
07:48 cait we are updating from 3.12... which way predated the mtt -i think it was not happening back then
07:48 cait but... it's been ages between
07:50 Joubu yes, the letter is put in the table without check on the email
07:50 Joubu and sms
07:51 cait not sure what others prefer - new behaviour to us, but it's been around a while now i guess
07:52 Joubu cait: I am not sure at all it's a new behavior
07:52 Joubu it has always been like that I think
07:53 Joubu the code in looks similar
07:56 * magnuse takes a shot at signing off bug 11084
08:06 cait Joubu: thx - i will keep an eye on it
08:06 cait this db started from 3.16 - need to check the older ones
08:07 Joubu the compare the code (quickly) between master and 3.12
08:07 Joubu but maybe it was too quick
08:07 Joubu if the behavior has changed, I agree with you, it's a bug
08:07 Joubu unless it could be a bug too :)
08:07 cait you never know :)
08:13 marcelr joined #koha
08:20 kivilahtio_ Joubu: I upgraded my SSL-cipher suites, that broke  ie0-ie10, All other browsers work fine. We had a discussion about what we should do, downgrade our ciphers, or annonunce on the web server the downfall of IE. I think we are leaning towards downfall :)
08:20 kivilahtio_[…]e_of_web_browsers
08:20 kivilahtio_ Allahu akbar! DIE IE DIE!
08:24 cait not sure this will look good in the logs
08:24 marcelr yeah
08:25 atheia joined #koha
08:25 cait morning atheia
08:25 atheia Morning!
08:25 cait today is gbsd!
08:26 atheia Morning cait
08:27 atheia Ah, exciting.
08:30 wicope joined #koha
08:35 ashimema hello
08:35 cait morning ashimema
08:44 Joubu Does someone plan to do some signoff today?
08:44 Joubu magnuse: Don't you think it'd be worth sending a reminder to the ml?
08:45 * mveron waves to everybody
08:45 mveron Can anybody reproduce t/dbdepending/Members.t failing with: Failed test 'Confirm MoveMemberToDeleted' ?
08:46 mveron ...on current master
08:47 * mveron will try to have some time for signoffing
08:47 Joubu mveron: the schema is maybe not up to date
08:48 mveron Joubu: Would that be a local issue on my vm?
08:48 Joubu mveron: it passes here
08:48 Joubu mveron: do you get a DBI error?
08:49 * mveron dives in the log files
08:50 Joubu mveron: it should not be in the log files, but on stderr
08:50 mveron Ok :-)
08:52 cait magnuse++ first signoff today :)
08:57 cait hm or not sure, the first one in my inbox!
09:09 cait I'd love if someone could take a loo at bug 13590
09:09 cait Bug 13590 -        Add ability to charge fines at start of charge period
09:14 Joubu magnuse: could you confirm you tested bug 12805 under Plack?
09:14 Joubu bug 13805
09:17 magnuse Joubu: yes, a reminder might be good, i'll send one
09:18 magnuse Joubu: yes, tested under plack - i should have said that expliscitly
09:18 Joubu magnuse: using which perl version?
09:18 magnuse Joubu: v5.14.2
09:19 Joubu hum ok thanks, will try again
09:23 Joubu magnuse: confirm for me on 5.20
09:23 Joubu ed
09:23 paul_p joined #koha
09:25 magnuse Joubu: i'll try and update the devbox and see if that helps break things :-)
09:27 Joubu magnuse: yep it would be great to know if it's related to the perl version
10:07 mveron Joubu: Regarding t/dbdepending/Members.t failing at line 102, 'is_deeply' complains about missing primary_contact_method in result from table deletedborrrowers compared to table borrowers.
10:07 mveron The field primary_contact_method was created in my DB by testing Bug 11879, I will comment on this bug.
10:09 Joubu mveron: ho yes, you can fail qa it!
10:21 cait also 13919 please?
10:21 cait if someone hears me out there... :) woudl be good to get those signed off!
10:21 cait (13590 was theother)
10:41 nlegrand Hey #koha
10:42 nlegrand cait: gonna check 13919, we don't do fines, so I let 13590 to others :)
10:43 cait nlegrand: it might also apply to suspension days if you do that
10:43 cait not sure tho - we don't use those :)
10:43 nlegrand :)
10:44 drojf joined #koha
10:44 drojf hi #koha
10:44 cait hi drojf
10:44 cait maybe you want to check 13590? :)
10:44 cait it would be nice to have for our weekly fine models
10:45 carmen joined #koha
10:46 drojf hi cait
10:46 drojf was that a question to me or did i join during a conversation? :)
10:46 cait kind of both :)
10:47 drojf ok. i hope to do some signoffs later today. so if nobody is faster i can take a look
10:54 mveron Oh, almost 1 PM, no wonder that  I am hungry...
10:55 * mveron will be back in the afternoon
11:04 ngourlay joined #koha
11:07 nlegrand cait: OK for 13919
11:08 cait thx nlegrand :)
11:09 cait did you try running the test?
11:09 cait the first patch is missing the sign off line :)
11:14 nlegrand ha, no
11:17 nlegrand argh, can't run the test, I have a foreign key constraint mess on this base
11:37 gaetan_B joined #koha
11:39 kivilahtio_ Funny worklog entries:
11:39 kivilahtio_ Finding out why IE doesn't work.
11:39 kivilahtio_ Apparently the issue is with the new SSL protocol.
11:39 kivilahtio_ Discussing what to do, downgrade SSL or upgrade users?
11:39 kivilahtio_ Decided to upgrade users. :)
11:43 cait wish it was so easy
11:44 kivilahtio_ cait: I think it is. Most everybody has other browsers installed, market share for IE has plummeted to 15%
11:44 cait kivilahtio_: more thinking about updating users :)
11:44 * cait feels like she needs an update
11:45 kivilahtio_ here take this
11:45 kivilahtio_[…]ure/dp/0596805829
11:45 kivilahtio_ a goodread
11:45 cait ah thx, but todo list is long enough already :)
11:45 kivilahtio_ yep
11:49 kivilahtio_ now Chrome can become the new IE
11:50 mveron joined #koha
11:50 meliss joined #koha
11:50 mveron Hi again, #koha
11:52 cait hi mveron
11:52 mveron hi cait :-)
11:56 NateC joined #koha
12:00 alex_a joined #koha
12:10 barton joined #koha
12:30 mveron @wunder Allschwil
12:31 collum joined #koha
12:36 tcohen joined #koha
12:36 tcohen morning
12:47 magnuse ¡hola tcohen!
12:47 tcohen hola magnuse
12:48 tcohen magnuse: did my email about debian jessie hit the dev list?
12:49 octo19 joined #koha
12:50 tcohen hi khall
12:50 khall mornin!
12:51 octo19 Hello. I am attempting to install the latest stable of Koha on Ubuntu 14.04LTS Server. Towards the end of the Koha installation, I receive this error: E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
12:51 octo19 Any ideas? Thanks in advance
12:52 tcohen before installing the koha-common package, follow the appendix
12:52 tcohen you need to disable the mpm-event module before attempting to install koha-common
12:52 magnuse tcohen: the email about needing a jenkins node/machine for it?
12:52 tcohen yes
12:53 tcohen thanks magnuse
12:54 octo19 trying that now
12:54 octo19 thank you
12:55 tcohen octo19: you are welcome, we'll be around just in case you find another issue
12:55 octo19 greatly appreciated.
12:55 tcohen octo19:[…]g_apache2-mpm-itk.
12:56 octo19 perfect. Thanks!
12:59 JoshB joined #koha
13:00 tcohen hi cait
13:00 cait hi tcohen
13:03 nengard joined #koha
13:03 octo19 I turned off MPM and attempted to restart apache2 but received the following: AH00534: apache2: Configuration error: No MPM loaded. Action 'configtest' failed.
13:03 tcohen octo19: run sudo a2enmod mpm_itk
13:04 tcohen to enable the right one
13:05 octo19 Got it. Thank you!
13:11 cma joined #koha
13:16 tcohen octo19: congrats :-D
13:16 Joubu mveron: around?
13:17 mveron Yes
13:17 * mveron waves to Joubu
13:17 Joubu mveron: my comment 58 on bug 13813 was for all the patchset actually
13:17 Joubu mveron: hi :)
13:18 Joubu DateTime->now should not directly used in file, we should use dt_from_string
13:18 mveron Oh...
13:19 cait mveron++ and Joubu++ btw :)
13:19 mveron cait++ anyway  :-)
13:21 tcohen Joubu++ # farewell SQLhelper
13:21 mveron Joubu: I will search the patches for DateTime->now and amend them
13:22 cait tcohen: is it dead now?
13:23 tcohen it is at that point when we are all waiting for it to stop breathing
13:23 tcohen khall is holding an axe above the reminders
13:23 cait ok, now i feel a little sorry for it
13:30 andreashm joined #koha
13:30 andreashm hi all
13:32 andreashm how's the bug-smashing going?
13:33 cait still lots to smash :) grab one :)
13:37 andreashm cool. was thinking I'd to that earlier, but I ended up speaking to another interested swedish univ. about Koha instead. But I can work on one tomorrow instead (better late than never).
13:37 andreashm Do you have an easy one for me to try cait?
13:37 andreashm 'cause last time I tried, at the hackfest,I kind of failed miserably. =)
13:40 cait andreashm: :)
13:40 andreashm cait: I learned a lot though, haha
13:41 cait have you looked at acq yet?
13:41 cait hm 9139 should be easy to test
13:42 khall Joubu: with bug 13926, I no longer get any patron list when I do a patron search from the checkout box!
13:43 Joubu khall: ha! Let me check
13:43 khall thanks!
13:43 andreashm cait: as we wont use acq, I haven't even looked at it. =) but I can give bug 9139 at try. either from home tonight, if I have time, or tomorrow.
13:44 Joubu khall: ha yes, too bad :)
13:44 khall any chance you can do a quick fix? Or will it take some time?
13:44 Joubu khall: ok got it
13:45 khall excellent!
13:46 Joubu khall: it comes from the line in bug 13936
13:46 Joubu it should have been for this patch
13:46 Joubu anyway, will provide a fix
13:46 jenkins_koha Starting build #274 for job Koha_Master_U12_MariaDB (previous build: FIXED)
13:46 jenkins_koha Starting build #347 for job Koha_Master_U12 (previous build: FIXED)
13:47 tcohen mveron: i think it is ok
13:48 Joubu khall: fix sent
13:48 khall excellent! thanks!
13:49 mveron tcohen: Thanks :-)
13:50 jenkins_koha Starting build #337 for job Koha_Master_U14 (previous build: FIXED)
13:50 tcohen anyone with a spare jessie vps to contribute?
13:51 jenkins_koha Starting build #352 for job Koha_Master_D7 (previous build: FIXED)
13:52 cait andreashm: that was serals module - but it#s really easy to trigger
13:52 drojf joined #koha
13:52 andreashm cait: yes, I saw that. seemed easy enough.
13:53 andreashm working with git will probably be a bigger hassle. =)
13:53 cait you know where to find us :)
13:53 octo19_ joined #koha
13:54 tcohen should we change the channel name for gbsd?
13:54 andreashm haha, yes I do believe I have bugged you with questions about it before. =)
13:57 octo19__ joined #koha
13:59 octo19 joined #koha
14:05 amyjeankearns joined #koha
14:06 octo19_ joined #koha
14:07 octo19__ joined #koha
14:19 carmen joined #koha
14:22 jenkins_koha Starting build #353 for job Koha_Master_D7 (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:28 rocio joined #koha
14:30 jenkins_koha Starting build #338 for job Koha_Master_U14 (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:39 jenkins_koha Starting build #348 for job Koha_Master_U12 (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:41 jenkins_koha Starting build #275 for job Koha_Master_U12_MariaDB (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:49 burdsjm joined #koha
14:52 * mveron goes for a walk...
15:00 TGoat joined #koha
15:05 huginn joined #koha
15:06 jenkins_koha Starting build #354 for job Koha_Master_D7 (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:08 jenkins_koha Starting build #339 for job Koha_Master_U14 (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:30 jenkins_koha Starting build #349 for job Koha_Master_U12 (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:32 mveron joined #koha
15:36 jenkins_koha Starting build #276 for job Koha_Master_U12_MariaDB (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:50 cait bye bug squashers :)
15:50 cait left #koha
15:50 mveron bye cait :-)
15:55 talljoy joined #koha
16:01 carmen joined #koha
16:12 laurence left #koha
16:13 magnuse joined #koha
16:13 gaetan_B bye
16:22 jenkins_koha Starting build #350 for job Koha_Master_U12 (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:23 KB joined #koha
16:24 KB I have all of a sudden have no images in my patron files. The black KOHA logo is also missing. I have cleared cache and update Firefox. ANy ideas?
16:31 jenkins_koha Starting build #277 for job Koha_Master_U12_MariaDB (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:34 jenkins_koha Starting build #340 for job Koha_Master_U14 (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:34 Dyrcona joined #koha
16:36 mveron Joubu: Fixed Bug 13813 :-)   Ouf!
16:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13813 normal, P3, ---, veron, Needs Signoff , Remove deprecated module C4::Dates from system
16:36 mveron @wunder Allschwil
16:36 jenkins_koha Starting build #355 for job Koha_Master_D7 (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:36 huginn mveron: The current temperature in Basel, Switzerland is 21.0°C (6:30 PM CEST on April 13, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 33%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 30.36 in 1028 hPa (Falling).
16:37 tcohen mveron++
16:40 mveron ...and getting some conflicts with newest pushes....
16:41 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13539: (RM followup) DBIx schema update <[…]81df790acd20561a9> / Bug 13539: DBRev <[…]92f89cc2ac956cd7d> / Bug 13539: Remove unused table patroncards <[…]afb251e36dc4a8bde
16:48 mveron Ok, resolved, one file was deleted by the newest pushes...
16:50 mtompset joined #koha
16:50 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
16:51 mtompset Does anyone know off the top of their head how to change a page to a redirect?
16:51 mtompset on the koha wiki.
16:51 mtompset[…]hacon16_proposals
16:51 mtompset vs.
16:51 mtompset[…]haCon16_Proposals
16:51 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13307: (QA Followup) indentation fix <[…]3441021f0aaa2678c> / Bug 13307: Fix jquery.deseriable.min.js <[…]9f121b9ce0faa1d5a> / Bug 13307: Fix search boxes disappearing when returning to advanced search <[…]b/?p=koha.git;a=c
17:05 rsz________ joined #koha
17:06 jenkins_koha Starting build #356 for job Koha_Master_D7 (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:06 cma joined #koha
17:09 edveal joined #koha
17:10 cbrannon joined #koha
17:11 jenkins_koha Starting build #341 for job Koha_Master_U14 (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:13 jenkins_koha Starting build #351 for job Koha_Master_U12 (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:21 mtompset firgured it out... RTFM, right? There's a wiki help.
17:21 tcohen mtompset: lol
17:23 atheia left #koha
17:23 mtompset
17:23 mtompset Philippines bid is first. :)
17:25 jenkins_koha Starting build #278 for job Koha_Master_U12_MariaDB (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:26 mtompset Greetings, tcohen. Did you get a Jessie VM offer?
17:27 tcohen nope
17:28 tcohen YAY
17:30 collum joined #koha
17:48 jenkins_koha Starting build #342 for job Koha_Master_U14 (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:49 ribasushi joined #koha
17:51 jenkins_koha Starting build #357 for job Koha_Master_D7 (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:54 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6911: Remember search terms in the log viewer tool <[…]332f73636cdff6e22> / Bug 13926: Reintroduce the correct variable name in template <[…]121eddb8cef3a827a> / Bug 13926: ake not using C4::Members::Search <
17:54 tcohen khall: available?
17:55 khall I've got a meeting in 5, what's up?
17:55 tcohen no worries
17:55 tcohen i'll try to provide the followup myself
17:55 tcohen t/db_dependent/Circulation_issue.t
17:56 tcohen 13315 breaks it because of the AddIssue API change
17:56 tcohen if when you're back i didn't fix it, i'll ask you
17:56 tcohen thanks
17:57 khall np! thanks!
17:59 barton_tablet joined #koha
18:04 jenkins_koha Starting build #352 for job Koha_Master_U12 (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:18 mario joined #koha
18:19 jenkins_koha Starting build #279 for job Koha_Master_U12_MariaDB (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:21 jenkins_koha Starting build #358 for job Koha_Master_D7 (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:21 cait joined #koha
18:24 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13315: (QA followup) fix t/db_dependent/Circulation_issue.t <[…]de8b1c5fa3af80da6> / Bug 13315 [Follow-up] Add feedback for last item checked out to <[…]7ef04b18855d2f011> / Bug 13315 - Add feedback for last item checked out to circulation.
18:25 jenkins_koha Starting build #343 for job Koha_Master_U14 (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:34 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 9742: Does not display the popup on creating new record <[…]367a6c7e2389d6e7a>
18:37 andreashm joined #koha
18:50 andreashm evening
18:50 jenkins_koha Starting build #359 for job Koha_Master_D7 (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:56 jenkins_koha Starting build #353 for job Koha_Master_U12 (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:56 andreashm cait around?
19:02 jenkins_koha Starting build #344 for job Koha_Master_U14 (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:02 cait here
19:02 cait andreashm: here now
19:02 cait what's up?
19:03 andreashm cait: checked bug 9139 and it worked fine.
19:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9139 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Sending empty vendor or biblio when adding subscriptions gives wrong error
19:03 andreashm unsure what to do now... just use the command listed on the git bz wiki page?
19:03 cait did you sign it off yet?
19:03 andreashm and then update the bugzilla page as signedoff?
19:03 cait git commit --amend -s?
19:03 andreashm nope
19:03 andreashm not yet
19:04 andreashm just type that, nothing more?
19:04 cait ok, that would be first then - you put the sign off line into the patch
19:04 andreashm alright, thanks.
19:04 cait it should open the bug description for editing and put in your sign off line
19:04 cait you can also change the subject and add [SIGNED OFF] in the beginning, but it's not a must
19:04 barton_tablet joined #koha
19:04 cait it shoudl automatically put in your name and email - but good to check that the first few times
19:05 andreashm ok, looking at it now
19:05 cait then the next step after that is the git bz attach -e <bugnumber> HEAD
19:06 vmarin joined #koha
19:06 vmarin hola
19:06 wahanui hola, vmarin
19:06 andreashm how do I change the subject?
19:10 vmarin When I want to upload images Partners mourn this error :Software error:  Error in tempdir() using /tmp/XXXXXXXXXX: Could not create directory /tmp/B2A_VS4rR6: No space left on device at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi​-bin/tools/ line 79. For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@localdomain), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
19:13 andreashm cait: ok, signed it off (but didn't change the subject since I couldn't figure out how)
19:13 jenkins_koha Starting build #280 for job Koha_Master_U12_MariaDB (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:13 cait :) it's the first line in the message normally
19:14 cait sorry, got distracted for a moment
19:14 andreashm no worries
19:14 andreashm so now git bz attach -e <bugnumber> HEAD?
19:20 jenkins_koha Starting build #360 for job Koha_Master_D7 (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:20 andreashm cait: I'm still not used to using the linux gnu texteditor - can I check somehow that the file I just updated is correct? (Do another git commit --amend -s perhaps? or does that break/mess with stuff?)
19:20 cait hm sorry... bit sleepy tonight
19:20 cait did you attach it already?
19:20 * andreashm is full of noob questions today. sweet.
19:20 andreashm nope
19:20 cait you can do a git log
19:21 cait to take a look
19:21 andreashm ah, it's there. cool
19:21 andreashm I'll attach it now then
19:23 andreashm cait: Do I do anything with the file that opens?
19:23 andreashm change anything?
19:23 wahanui andreashm: that doesn't look right
19:23 wahanui joined #koha
19:24 cait ah sorry - you can change the status to signed off
19:24 cait by uncommenting the line with that status
19:24 cait and you can obsolete the current file on the bug, also by uncommenting
19:27 andreashm can't see any "current file" in there?
19:29 cait let me see how it look slike
19:29 cait or can you paste it maybe?
19:29 cait
19:29 cbrannon joined #koha
19:31 andreashm cait: what channel should I use in paste? this one? anything else?
19:31 cait you can say #koha or just copy the link after saving
19:32 pastebot "andreashm" at pasted "Bug 9139" (46 lines) at
19:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9139 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Sending empty vendor or biblio when adding subscriptions gives wrong error
19:32 cait that looks good :)
19:32 andreashm alright, no more changes?
19:32 cait this line her eis sometimes commented: Obsoletes: 37580 - Bug 9139: New subscription form - Does not check form on the$
19:32 andreashm ok
19:32 cait and then you want to uncomment to obsolete the files
19:32 andreashm was wondering if that was it or not...
19:32 cait sometimes it's clever enouhg and does it automatically
19:33 cait it might have timed out now - it does if you take too long
19:33 cait but you can just repeat
19:33 andreashm ok
19:34 andreashm got some strange traceback. that normal or should I redo the attach?
19:35 carmen joined #koha
19:35 cait yeah that was probably the timeout
19:35 cait just do it again
19:35 cait it didn't change the bug
19:36 andreashm done
19:36 andreashm worked this time
19:36 cait :)
19:36 cait looking good
19:36 cait andreashm++
19:36 andreashm anything more or is this my first signoff? =)
19:37 andreashm cait++
19:37 andreashm thanks cait!
19:37 mveron cait is a great teacher, and congratulations to andreashm  :-)
19:37 andreashm thanks mveron!
19:38 cdickinson joined #koha
19:39 mveron andreashm: No you should set the status to Signed-off  in[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9139
19:39 huginn Bug 9139: normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Sending empty vendor or biblio when adding subscriptions gives wrong error
19:39 mveron ...and then you appear on  :-)
19:42 cait oh
19:42 cait thx mveron - missed the status!
19:42 mveron :-)
19:42 andreashm ah, crap I forgot to change that the second time! damn
19:43 andreashm how do I fix that now?
19:43 cait just switch it in bugzilla
19:43 cait it's easiest
19:43 andreashm ok
19:43 cait you could do a git bz edit bugnumber too
19:43 cait but bugzilla is probably faster and counts the same :)
19:44 mveron I always do it in bugzilla
19:44 * mveron ...will try out git bz edit bugnumber, did not know it...
19:46 * andreashm will add that one to my git status document I recently begun. =)
19:46 cait :)
19:46 cait i have a cheat sheet too on my wiki
19:47 cait i still look things up there sometimes that i don#t use so often
19:48 andreashm good idea
19:48 mveron I started my cheat sheet a couple of years ago - during a similar conversation about signing off with cait
19:48 cait :)
19:48 andreashm haha
19:49 cait and mveron signed off like a gazillion patches since
19:49 cait mveron++
19:49 andreashm whoop, I'm in the dashboard. nice.
19:49 cait congratulations :)
19:50 andreashm cait: got any more for me? =)
19:51 cait bug 8399 maybe
19:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8399 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Problems with mandatory field alert message for authorities
19:52 andreashm I'll look at it
19:53 andreashm Have looked at authorities much, but now's a good time to learn huh? =)
19:53 andreashm haven't, that was supposed to say
19:54 cait bug 9878
19:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9878 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Flag display is inconsistent between and
19:59 cait mveron: i like the idea of 13988
19:59 tcohen bye #koha, see u tomorrow
19:59 mveron bye tcohen :-)
19:59 cait bye tcohen :)
20:01 mveron cait: I stumbled about Bug 7571 - that gave me the idea for BUg 13988
20:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7571 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kohapatch, Failed QA , Maintain exchange rate history
20:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13988 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Log activities related to Acquisitions
20:01 mveron ...stumbled over...
20:07 jenkins_koha Starting build #281 for job Koha_Master_U12_MariaDB (previous build: FAILURE -- last SUCCESS #279 1 hr 48 min ago)
20:07 misilot is there an example library of notices?
20:11 magnuse joined #koha
20:11 andreashm should a git status show "nothing to commit" after applying a bug?
20:13 andreashm can't seem to get bug 8399 to work, and wondering if I did something wrong applying it (or leaving the earlier applied bug/branch)
20:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8399 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Problems with mandatory field alert message for authorities
20:16 cait best is to switch back to master and then create a new branch
20:16 cait and nothing to commit is ok after applying the patch
20:17 cait because the changes are committed with the patch
20:17 cait not sure i can explain that well
20:18 andreashm switch back to master and try again on a new branch then?
20:18 cait yep
20:20 andreashm humm... why is git warning that refname 'origin/master' is ambiguous?
20:20 cait hm not sure
20:20 andreashm should I delete to old 8399 branch? before I start a new one?
20:21 cait drojf: try adding a default length to your suvfields - 9999
20:21 cait might be missing in the framework
20:21 andreashm should I do a git fetch or something, perhaps?
20:21 drojf that was one unsuccessfull gbsd ^^
20:21 cait you can keep it around or delete
20:21 drojf (for me)
20:21 cait andreashm: i delete mine once a month or so :)
20:21 cait drojf: at least you tried :)
20:22 andreashm cait: alright
20:22 cait but check the default length.. i bet that's it - i ran into that too
20:22 cait i need to sleep soon i think - long monday :)
20:23 drojf not today, but thanks for the hint
20:23 magnuse drojf++ for trying - i'll try and have a look tomorrow
20:23 andreashm long day indeed... I was sursprised I didn't fall asleep butting my daughter to bed earlier.
20:23 drojf oh magnuse you are here, i looked through the list and thought you were not
20:23 drojf probably too tired to look :D
20:24 mveron Good night everybody (or good worldtime)
20:25 magnuse have fun mveron
20:25 andreashm bye mveron
20:25 drojf hi mveron and good night
20:25 mveron :-)
20:25 magnuse drojf: i'm not really here ;-)
20:26 cait :)
20:26 cait good night everyone!
20:26 cait left #koha
20:30 andreashm bye
20:31 aleisha_ joined #koha
20:33 andreashm the patch I'm looking at (8399) seems to only fixing one of the two issues of the bug. what's the proper way forward then? leave a comment about it?
20:38 magnuse andreashm: i would set it to "failed qa" and then write a comment, saying that it seems to only solve half the probem, and that is the reason for failed qa.
20:38 magnuse and then say something like "please correct me if i have missed something"
20:38 andreashm thanks magnuse.
20:39 magnuse don't be too afraid to set "failed qa" :-)
20:41 andreashm only my second bug to sign-off. failed qa seems scary to set indeed. =)
20:46 andreashm I'll do that in Bugzilla right, not git?
20:53 andreashm magnuse: ok, it's set as failed qa. If I missed something I'll just blame you! =)
20:54 aleisha joined #koha
20:59 drojf magnuse: i tried what cait said, but there are no "advanced constraints" (field length, visibility etc.) at all for 773 t in the standard framework. it does not do anything when i click on it, works for the other fields. maybe an error in the framework sql
21:00 drojf enough for today, good night #koha
21:00 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
21:00 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
21:00 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_U12_MariaDB build #281: FIXED in 53 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]_U12_MariaDB/281/
21:03 misilot the <item></item> tags only work on Overdue correct? Not PREDUEDGST?
21:06 magnuse andreashm: if you use git bz you can set the status when you do "git bz attach"
21:08 andreashm magnuse: ok. I changed the status and added a comment in bugzilla - should I do a git bz attach too?
21:09 carmen joined #koha
21:12 magnuse andreashm: ah, sorry, no. i you sign off the patch you can change the status as part of "git bz attach". if you fail qa you just do it directly in bugzilla, and don't upload anything
21:12 andreashm good, that's what I did.
21:12 magnuse yay
21:34 * wizzyrea waves
21:37 andreashm hiya
21:46 andreashm goodnight #koha
21:53 cbrannon joined #koha
21:58 cbrannon ?
21:59 eythian hi
22:02 carmen joined #koha
22:03 nengard left #koha
22:11 amyjeankearns joined #koha
22:24 barton|tablet joined #koha
23:03 JoshB joined #koha
23:13 papa joined #koha
23:24 eythian where does information about future meetings get logged?
23:25 eythian wahanui: irc meetings
23:25 wahanui irc meetings are how most things are decided, so definitely put it on the agenda for discussion
23:26 wizzyrea meetings?
23:26 wahanui meetings are overrated...
23:26 eythian In the minutes of the previous dev meeting, the time was logged but not the date
23:26 eythian oh, or I missed it
23:27 wizzyrea theoretically it goes here
23:27 eythian that only has the past, I want info on future ones.
23:28 wizzyrea[…]eeting_6_May_2015
23:28 wizzyrea[…]eral_IRC_Meetings
23:28 wizzyrea that only works if people do wiki categories correctly
23:28 eythian I want dev meetings though, in this case
23:29 eythian but so far as I can tell it hasn't actually been announced.
23:29 wizzyrea SO PICKY.
23:29 eythian <eythian> In the minutes of the previous dev meeting ;)
23:29 wizzyrea hrmph.
23:29 wizzyrea[…]pers_IRC_Meetings
23:30 wizzyrea it hasn't been announced. More Hrmph.
23:30 eythian yeah
23:31 eythian As 3.20 gets closer, I want to announce the changes in support for it to the general list. I would like to run that by a dev meeting first, but if there's not going to be one for a while, I might just be unilateral about it.
23:31 tcohen joined #koha
23:32 * eythian repeats for tcohen's benefit
23:32 tcohen ?
23:32 eythian As 3.20 gets closer, I want to announce the changes in support for it to the general list. I would like to run that by a dev meeting first, but if there's not going to be a dev meeting for a while, I might just be unilateral about it.
23:32 tcohen there's a dev meeting next wednesday
23:32 eythian where is that defined?
23:33 tcohen we defined that at the general irc meeting
23:33 tcohen last week
23:33 wahanui last week is, like, just one big blur :)
23:33 tcohen I failed to add that to the wiki
23:33 wizzyrea you've had a little going on.
23:33 tcohen lack of computer, lack of time
23:33 wizzyrea I think we can forgive you.
23:33 eythian ah
23:33 wizzyrea we made the computer goal though ^.^
23:33 eythian I see it now
23:33 tcohen but there's a two tz meeting next wednesday
23:34 eythian this wednesday, specifically :)
23:34 tcohen i want to talk about a bunch of enhancements, moose dependency
23:34 tcohen *this*
23:34 wizzyrea the one that always makes me think of cow fornicating.
23:34 tcohen heh
23:34 tcohen @seen rangi
23:34 huginn tcohen: rangi was last seen in #koha 22 hours, 50 minutes, and 38 seconds ago: <rangi> eythian:[…]87415742599028736
23:35 eythian wizzyrea: are you referring to the MooseX:: namespace?
23:35 wizzyrea Yes.
23:35 tcohen eythian, could you please drop me a line about what you plan to announce/discuss?
23:35 * wizzyrea hopes she has polluted eythian's mind with the same meme
23:36 eythian http://lists.koha-community.or[…]April/041306.html <-- tcohen, just making this official really.
23:36 eythian wizzyrea: I was way ahead of you. Unfortunately.
23:37 wizzyrea kekekekeke
23:37 eythian In the meantime, I need to fix support for jessie real soon now
23:38 tcohen eythian: no one offered a jessie box
23:38 eythian not much good right now, it won't install on jessie :)
23:39 eythian I can probably scrounge one up in a pinch.
23:39 eythian actually, I totally can.
23:39 eythian we have openstack here.
23:40 * eythian was thinking of putting it on one of his personal VPS providers, but why when I have more resource than I can use here.
23:41 eythian tcohen: what do we need for this box?
23:41 tcohen root access :-D
23:42 tcohen then I'd create the DB's and seed the jenkins key
23:42 eythian can you send me an SSH key?
23:42 eythian also, what sort of specs does it need?
23:44 tcohen the vps at unc have 2 cores, 1G RAM
23:45 tcohen 30GB fs
23:49 eythian tcohen: also, SSH key? :)
23:49 tcohen didn't i send it?
23:49 eythian oh
23:49 eythian I was expecting a paste through IRC
23:49 eythian > Microsoft Publisher document bijlage (
23:50 eythian I'm sure that's correct ;)
23:53 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "eythian: there you go" (1 line) at
23:54 eythian oh, it came through fine
23:54 eythian it was just funny that evolution considered it an MS Publisher document
23:54 tcohen ah
23:58 eythian <-- this can only be the best thing ever
23:59 wizzyrea lol.
23:59 tcohen eythian: thanks for the jessie box
23:59 eythian tcohen: no worries. It's just upgrading from wheezy now
23:59 tcohen I'll set everything tomorrow at the office

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary