IRC log for #koha, 2015-02-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 carmen joined #koha
00:16 barton joined #koha
00:24 jenkins_koha Starting build #58 for job Koha_3.18.x_U14 (previous build: SUCCESS)
00:25 barton joined #koha
00:29 barton joined #koha
03:56 tgoatley joined #koha
07:30 marcelr joined #koha
07:30 marcelr hi #koha
07:32 fridolin joined #koha
07:33 fridolin hie
07:33 marcelr hi fridolin
07:39 * magnuse waves
07:47 reiveune joined #koha
07:47 reiveune hello
08:00 Joubu hello #koha
08:00 alex_a joined #koha
08:00 alex_a bonjour
08:02 magnuse just one week to go now!
08:02 laurence1 joined #koha
08:02 magnuse @wunder marseille
08:02 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Saint Victoret, France is 5.4°C (9:01 AM CET on February 23, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 66%. Dew Point: -2.0°C. Windchill: 5.0°C. Pressure: 29.77 in 1008 hPa (Steady).
08:02 Viktor joined #koha
08:04 cait joined #koha
08:10 magnuse kia ora cait and Viktor
08:11 Viktor Kia ora Magnuse! And greetings all of #koha
08:12 cait good mroning all
08:14 magnuse so, did the main performance stuff make it into 3.18.4?
08:14 cait not sure, i think not yet
08:14 cait not sure what is in master yet either
08:15 indradg joined #koha
08:15 magnuse bug 13690
08:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13690 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Koha::Schema should be lazy-loaded
08:16 magnuse i *think* that is the main one
08:16 magnuse "Pushed to 3.18.x will be in 3.18.4"
08:16 cait i think that made it
08:17 magnuse bug 13645 "Holding for 3.18.5, I need to test this more."
08:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13645 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , DBIx connection needs to be cached
08:20 * magnuse goes to upgrade his "test" server
08:24 magnuse ah, no packages yet
08:24 * magnuse delays that upgrade
08:28 * magnuse tries to not nag eythian
08:32 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:32 gaetan_B hello
08:32 magnuse bonjour gaetan_B
08:33 gaetan_B hi magnuse, ready for the cheese ?
08:33 gmcharlt joined #koha
08:39 magnuse gaetan_B: yup, really starting to look forward to the whole thing!
09:00 slef joined #koha
09:06 paul_p joined #koha
09:13 magnuse bonjour paul_p
09:22 ashimema morning koha
09:22 ashimema in response to your later magnuse..
09:23 ashimema though I won't be making marseille myself, Alex S will be going and he's the one whose been doing all the ILL work..
09:23 ashimema I'll get him to walk you through it.. it's shifted and changed allot throughout proceedings as we've learnt stuff..
09:23 magnuse very cool
09:23 ashimema so i'm a bit out of the loop on it at the minute i'm afraid
09:24 magnuse no worries
09:24 * ashimema is bitter that he can't get to hackfest..
09:24 ashimema next year
09:24 magnuse :-)
09:24 ashimema there's awlays next year.
09:24 magnuse was it the passport thing?
09:24 ashimema unless anyone wants to organise another one a bit later in th eyear ;)
09:24 ashimema yup
09:25 ashimema that and the daughter.. was a mix of not easily being able to get the passport back in time and feeling I sohuld stick around here to help the misses with our few week old daughter still at that point ;)
09:26 magnuse infants are perfectly good reasons for staying at home! :-)
09:26 magnuse you will be missed, though
09:26 ashimema I hope to join in allot online though.. just means I can't easily join in the group discussions and the evening entertainments ;(
09:26 magnuse and the cheese!
09:26 wahanui the cheese is delicious, but cait just had butter.
09:26 ashimema :)
09:26 magnuse ooh, lucky cait
09:27 ashimema lucky cait?
09:27 ashimema oh.. lol.. just spotted it
09:28 ashimema Cash Management is flying along now.. we wen't live with it two fridays back for a big public customer..
09:28 ashimema been ironing out bugs ever since..
09:28 magnuse nice
09:28 ashimema it'll be a nice one to submit once I'm happy it's all working.
09:28 magnuse hehe, putting things in production do tend to highlight the bugs, yes
09:29 ashimema indeed it does.. goes against my better judgment.. but they had a desperate timeline and were willingto take the fallout
09:29 ashimema it did highlight how bad the accounts stuff is in koha though.. and how the re-wrtie didn't actually seem to make anything any better
09:30 ashimema I really want to do an alternative re-write now :(
09:30 kivilahtio ashimema: how bad is the accounts stuff?
09:30 ashimema all our stuff is based on the original.
09:30 ashimema the original stuff is madelning
09:30 kivilahtio ashimema: lot of the original stuff is maddening :)
09:30 kivilahtio this... is... KOHAAA!
09:31 ashimema it's crazyhow many overlapping subs there are in C4::Accounts
09:31 ashimema there's simply no need for so many..
09:31 kivilahtio ashimema: In two years ill help you refactor somehting :)
09:32 ashimema haha..
09:32 * magnuse makes a note of that promise
09:32 kivilahtio I am currently refactoring the overdues module
09:32 ashimema I can't say I like Kyles re-write either.. he did it ages ago now and it's grown into a monster over the years.. and it shows
09:32 kivilahtio rewriting the overdue letter rules and sending subsystems to an sane OO-model
09:32 kivilahtio from the scratch :)
09:32 ashimema oooh.. cool..
09:33 ashimema that's pretty much exactly the route I'm hoping to take with accounts..
09:33 ashimema our cash man stuff is all nice OO..
09:33 kivilahtio we need to send overdues only on tuesdays, and the current Koha model doesnät really work very well like that.
09:33 ashimema so it should sit nicely atop an accounts OO module when we slot it in :)
09:33 Joubu kivilahtio: you should ask and discuss before any refactoring... :)
09:33 kivilahtio I made some crappy hacks on to of the message_queue but that sucked so bad and eventually the module I wrote broke, but now I have toime for a proper rewrite
09:33 ashimema deffo.. speak out about refactor kivi..
09:33 kivilahtio Joubu: I will share the code this week
09:33 ashimema get everyone singing from the same hym sheet
09:34 ashimema we're really bad at that as a community
09:34 kivilahtio If I had a committee for everything, I wouldnt have even started :)
09:34 kivilahtio and what is the point of committeering about, if there is nothing done?
09:34 kivilahtio its just empty talk
09:34 ashimema I was less thinking committee.. more thinking talk out to a few key devs and get their support on a method ;) or at least their agreement not to overlap in scope ;)
09:35 kivilahtio you can scrap my commits, that is for you as a community tyo decide
09:35 kivilahtio but I need to solve our overdue issues and I am trying to do it in as extendable fashion as I can
09:35 Joubu It has been proved that when people work alone and arrive with "look at that, it's amazing, I did it!", it does no really work
09:35 ashimema coolios
09:35 kivilahtio Joubu: I agree, but somebody can use my work as a basis
09:36 kivilahtio Joubu: and I don't have time to solve other peoples issues atm.
09:36 Joubu kivilahtio: for instance there are already someone working on overdues
09:36 kivilahtio Joubu: I didn't see any commits in hte bugzilla?
09:36 kivilahtio ot open bugs
09:36 magnuse yeah, early warnings are good because 1) it decreases the risk of your work getting shot down when you think you are done with it 2) because it decreases the chance that people work on the same things in paralell
09:37 kivilahtio Joubu: If his approach is better I am happy to srap my code
09:37 Joubu kivilahtio: bug 9296
09:37 wahanui bug 9296 is mine but that's less radical
09:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9296 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, philippe.blouin, Failed QA , overduerules table needs restructuring to allow future extension
09:37 kivilahtio well see. thanks for the bug!
09:55 cait kivilahtio: about overdues... i think you run into conflicts with inlibro's work there :(
09:56 cait there are rfcs for the work on the wiki
09:57 cait and some first patches on bugzilla
09:57 cait just a warning - you might run into each other there badly
10:01 andreashm joined #koha
10:01 andreashm hi #koha
10:02 cait hi andreashm
10:03 andreashm hey cait
10:03 cait kivilahtio:[…]otice_Enhancement
10:03 cait andreashm: one week now to Marseille :)
10:04 andreashm I know. Getting close!
10:05 andreashm I hope that overdue notice improvment is progressing nicely. We would like it to happen too! =)
10:07 cait andreashm: there has been some first patches from inlibro on bugzilla, but haven' thad a chance to take a closer look
10:07 cait just warning kivilahtio - I think he wants to rewrite it too - so might be good to know about each others efforts
10:07 andreashm is there anything that is preferable to install on my computer (mac) for the hackfest? As a librarian, not a developer.
10:08 cait hm generally having a koha is good
10:08 cait there are sandboxes - but they are a bit limited in testing
10:08 cait i have heard good things about koha-dev-box
10:08 cait magnuse: ?
10:08 andreashm I'm tempted to install the koha dev-box
10:08 cait i thnk it would be worth a try
10:09 ashimema koha dev-box is great :)
10:09 andreashm looked at that last night but didn't get around to it before bedtime
10:09 ashimema depends how technical a librarian you are ;)
10:09 andreashm I've just added an account to bugzilla too, for that.
10:09 ashimema sandboxes are good for lots of more basic patches.. dev-box is a step up to allow testing of some of the more complex ones :)
10:10 andreashm ashimema: not that tech. skilled... but I try, and fail a lot. =)
10:10 cait important bit is that you try :)
10:11 cait and we can help you with the first steps
10:11 cait might be a good opportunity to figure things out
10:11 andreashm cait: sounds great
10:11 cait < is a librarian too
10:17 * ashimema started off knowing very little about libraries
10:22 * magnuse is a librarian too
10:22 magnuse andreashm: feedback on how you usable is is always welcome :-)
10:22 magnuse s/you//
10:24 andreashm just cloned the git. now to figure out what I need to do in the config files.
10:54 * magnuse needs lunch
11:11 * andreashm too
11:13 cait hi khall
11:13 khall mornin!
11:13 cait when do you arrive on sunday?
11:22 khall cait: not sure, I'll have to look it up
11:37 cait Joubu++
11:54 carmen joined #koha
12:08 tomk joined #koha
12:11 andreashm joined #koha
12:22 alex_a joined #koha
12:27 jwagner joined #koha
12:28 tcohen joined #koha
12:30 Viktor joined #koha
12:35 Viktor joined #koha
12:49 tcohen morning
12:50 tcohen @later tell rangi thanks, I think it was because master was incoherently failing too much
12:50 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
12:52 cait morning tcohen :)
12:52 tcohen hi cait
12:52 tcohen just saw your later
12:53 cait it's alright - Joubu fixed it :)
12:53 cait Joubu++ again
12:55 meliss joined #koha
12:56 tcohen Joubu++
13:06 cait tcohen: did we set a date for the next dev meeting?
13:06 tcohen we havent
13:06 cait i have added soething to the possible topics yesterday and wondered
13:10 tcohen yes i was thinking of two things to discuss
13:12 NateC joined #koha
13:18 * magnuse waves to tcohen and looks forward to meeting him
13:18 * tcohen too !
13:20 * tcohen has stuff to finish before leaving argentina
13:22 magnuse finish all the stuff!
13:22 paul_p joined #koha
13:22 magnuse tcohen: when do you leave again?
13:22 tcohen thrusday
13:23 tcohen actually wednesday night to buenos aires, rest and leave country by thursday
13:25 magnuse nice
13:26 magnuse you'll have some time to adjust to the timezone before it all starts
13:26 magnuse get to know marseille a bit
13:28 Viktor joined #koha
13:31 nengard joined #koha
13:39 * magnuse hates the yearly reporting of official statistics
13:41 Viktor joined #koha
13:42 magnuse sorry to scare you off Viktor ;-)
13:47 cait hmmm
13:47 cait i am trying to build a short title info with concat and marcxml...
13:47 cait but if one of the fields is not there it doesn't seem to work
13:47 magnuse hm?
13:47 cait concat(
13:47 cait ExtractValue(marcxml,'//datafield[​@tag="245"]/subfield[@code="a"]'),
13:47 cait " ",
13:47 cait ExtractValue(marcxml,'//datafield[​@tag="245"]/subfield[@code="b"]'),
13:47 cait " ",
13:47 cait ExtractValue(marcxml,'//datafield[​@tag="245"]/subfield[@code="c"]'),
13:47 cait " ; ",
13:47 cait copyrightdate
13:47 cait )
13:48 cait something like this
13:48 tcohen cait: you should consider using COALESCE at some point
13:49 tcohen COALESCE(ExtractValue...,"")
13:49 tcohen because CONCAT would fail on NULL values me thinks
13:49 tcohen so, COALESCE (i.e. NULL => second parameter, "" in this case)
13:49 cait hmmm but i don't want a fallback
13:50 cait aah
13:50 cait i see
13:50 cait let me try that :)
13:50 cait thx!
13:52 JoshB joined #koha
13:54 cait tcohen++ it works :)
13:54 tcohen ashimema: we definitely want to move business logic into Koha::
14:00 oleonard joined #koha
14:00 edveal joined #koha
14:01 ashimema :)
14:01 ashimema glad you agree tcohen :)
14:01 * cait just wants all the checks in one central place
14:01 cait which is i think what the 2 of you are saying :)
14:01 ashimema yup..
14:02 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:02 cait so we all agree - nice :)
14:02 Joubu I think everybody agrees, and for a long time
14:02 ashimema I'd like to see that point moving towards objects in the Koha namespace as hopefully that would mean some nicer, clearer mehods and less duplication of code..
14:03 ashimema C4::Accounts is a prime example of this.. why oh why are there like 7 subs that all do almost exactly the same thing..
14:03 ashimema there should be just one!
14:05 Joubu Does someone use nginx with Koha?
14:05 ashimema it's just actually doing it that matters.. we need to agree on some QA targets for this sort of thing really..  Like 'when' should the delete functionality be written afresh in the borrowers object... and whether that work also means you should immediately ensure all cases calling C4::Members should instead call Koha::Borrowers or whether that's a progressive thing
14:05 ashimema I've played with nginx a while back Jonathan..
14:05 ashimema but we've never done it for production
14:07 Joubu I have submited a patc on bug 13726 to make Koha::Acq::Bookseller using Koha::Object
14:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13726 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Koha::Acquisition::Bookseller should use Koha::Object
14:07 Joubu it replaces all CRUD calls and remove the code from C4::
14:07 Joubu it is a quite huge patch, and not easy to test
14:11 kivilahtio Does anybody know if there is some bug about doing date transformations to the preferred dateformat in the C4::LetterGetPreparedLetter?
14:12 kivilahtio I think the Letter-module should be responsible for doing the preferred dateformat conversion.
14:13 * Dyrcona waves to kivilahtio.
14:13 kivilahtio hi Dyrcona
14:13 kivilahtio Same goes with preferred money format
14:14 kivilahtio currency_format()
14:14 Joubu kivilahtio: bug 11244 ?
14:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11244 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , notices ignoring the dateformat preference
14:15 andreashm joined #koha
14:17 kivilahtio thanks!
14:17 Viktor joined #koha
14:18 tcohen would we agree on accepting patches that add more and more fields to the XSLTs, but also hide them by default through CSS?
14:18 carmen joined #koha
14:18 tcohen it is difficult to make a decision on patches that add more and more fields
14:18 cait i am guilty of that - so better stay out of it :)
14:19 tcohen many users could see it as adding more and more noise
14:19 cait but it hink we need to built in some flexibility for RDA
14:19 tcohen cait: I agree, 100%
14:19 cait because catalogs will have to deal with both types of records at once :(
14:19 cait which is... well. hmpf.
14:20 tcohen just thinking on a workflow that wouldn't change users' visualization, but doesn't hakt improvements
14:20 tcohen *halt
14:20 tcohen also, I'd like to see the UNIMARC XSLTs match MARC21 and NORMARC ones
14:20 tcohen regarding layout, functionality, etc
14:21 cait hm actually the marc21 are not well written either
14:21 cait it shoudl all be nice templates... but it isn't
14:21 cait the structure is hard to work with for customizing currently - if you wanted to reuse/inherit from a base one for example
14:24 ashimema the xslt's are a huge pain to maintain..
14:24 ashimema and in fact every time someone adds somthing they become a nightmare to merge your customisations into
14:24 nengard agreed!!!
14:24 ashimema i've not found a mergetool that deals with them in a remotely sensible way yet.. xml is nasty for mergetools
14:25 nengard we're looking into maintaining git repos for local customizations
14:25 ashimema If I were to start again in that area, I'd probably use clientside js based templates of some sort..
14:25 ashimema they somehow seem simpler to work with
14:25 ashimema nengard..
14:25 wahanui it has been said that nengard is fast
14:26 nengard :)
14:26 cait we could do it more sanely with xslt too
14:26 ashimema we've tried that/are trying that.. but it's proving challenign to adopt
14:26 cait we just... don't
14:26 * tcohen just knew he's not meeting some people he expected in marseille, will miss you there!
14:26 ashimema sorry tcohen
14:26 ashimema :'(
14:26 cma joined #koha
14:27 ashimema I'm aiming to join virtually for as much as I can
14:27 tcohen YAY!
14:27 ashimema nengard.. how are you doing xslt's then?
14:27 ashimema I'd be interested in others workflows..
14:27 nengard We just started talking it through
14:27 nengard up until now we were maintaining separate sheets for each library that wanted customizations and no upgrading them
14:27 ashimema we've got a big split now of customers on pacakges vs dev installs and the xslt workflow even differes amongst them..
14:27 nengard so they were stuck on the version we customized
14:27 nengard that's not ideal
14:28 cait nengard: imagine you'd have to maintain translated versions...
14:28 nengard so now we're going to create a git repo and pull in the upgrades from Koha and then merge the customizations with the standard Koha xslt
14:28 tcohen xslts don't change too often, and/or they have minor fixes
14:28 ashimema my best plan to date is on the packages.. I've got a koha-create-custom script which adds a /var/koha/instance/wwwdocs directory with a git controlled set of customs xslt's for that isntance
14:28 cait itmakes all more difficult because of the translation process
14:29 nengard tcohen, but many of our partners are on OLD xslt - so before the rda stuff started to make its way in
14:29 cait i use a trick now... with an external include that has the translated/untrasnlated terms and pull that into my customized one
14:29 ashimema but it's a bit of a mare to work with during upgrades if you actually want to attempt to merge in the koha core xslt changes
14:29 nengard yup
14:29 tcohen a recent dcook set of patches tweaked XSLT_handler so it allows passing parameters to the XSLT's
14:29 ashimema xslt's change fairly often actaully..
14:30 ashimema we merge in the community ones for every upgrade and i've found that pretty much every upgrade i've done over the last few yeras has had some pretty large xslt changes between versions
14:31 tcohen ashimema: that's cait fault
14:31 tcohen ashimema: that's cait fault
14:31 cait huh??
14:32 ashimema yup.. I blame cait ;)
14:32 ashimema well.. it is really so blame laid where blame due ;)
14:33 * cait hmpfs
14:34 * tcohen did something to the defaultview on the results
14:35 * tcohen recalls
14:35 tcohen ah, make it easier to read, no one would blame me for that :-P
14:37 andreashm left #koha
14:37 Viktor Just did a git pull and broke my dev install. Complaint about DBIx/Connector. Should I be worried?
14:37 nengard i got that too
14:37 cait a new dependency
14:37 nengard you need to install that dependency
14:37 nengard jinx
14:37 cait sudo apt-get install libdbix-connector-perl or like that
14:38 Viktor Thanks cait, nengard - I'll try that :)
14:38 * tcohen wrote robin about it
14:41 Viktor Yay - worked fine cait++
14:42 Viktor Even if I had to spell it right before it worked ;)
14:43 Joubu QA pov needed on bug 9303 comment 200
14:43 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9303 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , relative's checkouts in the opac
14:47 Joubu tcohen: what can I do with bug 11592? I know it will be in conflict with another PQA bug (bug 12252)? I don't want to spent time on it since I know it won't be pushed, but on the same time failing it is not fair...
14:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11592 normal, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , opac detail scripts do not respect MARC tag visibility
14:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12252 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Passed QA , OAI-PMH GetRecord result doesn't include item data
14:49 tcohen Joubu: you can pass it if you feel like that
14:50 Joubu tcohen: and? :)
14:50 Joubu it won't be pushed...
14:51 tcohen leave it
14:51 Joubu actually 12252 does not apply anymore
14:51 tcohen i'll show you something i've been working on regardig visibility
14:51 tcohen on Marseille
14:52 * tcohen wished he could finish it in time
14:53 Joubu tcohen: does it mean you won't push 12252 before?
14:53 * tcohen is confused
14:54 tcohen 11592, i don't think i'll push it
14:54 cait bug 11592
14:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11592 normal, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , opac detail scripts do not respect MARC tag visibility
14:54 cait bug 12252
14:54 wahanui rumour has it bug 12252 is waiting for signoff, y'know, if someone is bored
14:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12252 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Passed QA , OAI-PMH GetRecord result doesn't include item data
14:54 cait hm ok, have to catch a bus
14:55 cait talk to you all tomorrow/later
14:55 tcohen Joubu: i could push it
14:55 cait left #koha
14:56 tcohen uff, mark put a lot of effort on those patches!
14:57 cma joined #koha
15:00 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #640: FAILURE in 10 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/640/
15:01 jenkins_koha Starting build #17 for job Koha_Docs_3.16.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:01 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs_3.16.x build #17: SUCCESS in 16 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Docs_3.16.x/17/
15:01 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: update 'no renewal before'
15:05 talljoy joined #koha
15:14 jenkins_koha Starting build #641 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: FAILURE -- last SUCCESS #639 2 days 17 hr ago)
15:15 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
15:15 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
15:15 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #641: FIXED in 8 min 50 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/641/
15:15 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: update 'no renewal before'
15:22 gerundio joined #koha
15:24 Joubu kivilahtio: bug 13624 is back in the NSO queue, if you fancy giving it a try ;)
15:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13624 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, charles.farmer, Needs Signoff , Remove columns branchcode, categorytype from table overduerules_transport_types
15:24 kivilahtio Joubu: thanks
15:30 gerundio hi everyone
15:31 gerundio I'm creating a script to remove all occurrences of commas and spaces at the end of a given set of of MARC fields for all our biblio records
15:31 gerundio basically I picked up an existing script to read all biblio records
15:31 gerundio but I'm having a few problems when saving the changes
15:31 gerundio due to the repetition fields, for instance, if there are two or more occurrences of a 700 field for a given biblio record
15:31 gerundio I tried using $record->field($field_number)->update($subfield_id => $subfield);
15:31 gerundio but this way the 1st occurrence of the field in the record gets overwritten by the following occurrences
15:31 gerundio is there a simple way to perform updates on records fields given an index of its occurrence?
15:35 charles joined #koha
15:37 fridolin left #koha
15:46 talljoy joined #koha
15:47 fridolin joined #koha
15:49 talljoy joined #koha
15:53 rocio joined #koha
15:57 TGoat joined #koha
16:00 reiveune bye
16:00 reiveune left #koha
16:10 nengard_phone can someone give me more info about this: http://manual.koha-community.o[…]#OpacGroupResults
16:10 nengard_phone what does group mean?
16:13 drojf joined #koha
16:13 drojf hi #koha
16:19 * drojf sortofdisturbs talljoy_sortofDND
16:19 talljoy_sortofDND LOL
16:19 talljoy_sortofDND i've only set my door ajar...not quite closed!
16:19 drojf :)
16:25 fridolin left #koha
16:32 laurence1 left #koha
16:33 edveal joined #koha
16:47 gaetan_B bye
16:51 burdsjm joined #koha
17:23 oleonard cait++ # for bug-wrangling
17:30 andreashm joined #koha
17:44 cait joined #koha
17:48 cait Joubu++ tidy up
18:21 Abhijit joined #koha
18:21 Abhijit hi
18:21 Abhijit hi we are using 3.18 while running file we are getting following error   Can't locate C4/ in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/ line 97. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/ line 97.  we are using debian
18:22 Abhijit can anyone please help
18:24 amyjeankearns joined #koha
18:32 abhijit joined #koha
18:49 gerundio joined #koha
18:57 talljoy joined #koha
19:13 * magnuse gives the evening wave
19:17 cait :)
19:20 magnuse guten abend
19:27 beto joined #koha
19:27 drojf magnuse: do you know when oslo public library is going live with koha?
19:28 magnuse drojf: no, and neither do they :-)
19:29 magnuse maybe within he next year? no hard date has been set
19:30 drojf ok :) i only found the anouncement from januay 2014 so i thought there might be more concrete plans now :)
19:30 magnuse they have a bunch of (software) things to do before they open the new library, and the new ils is supposed to be the first one to go live
19:30 magnuse nothing very concrete, that i know of
19:34 drojf oh there is a blog post from this january about it that i missed before
19:34 beto hello everyone!!
19:35 beto i need some help
19:36 beto i made a backup of my records
19:36 magnuse drojf: yeah, it might be worth while to keep an eye on their blog
19:37 beto and i need to import them
19:37 beto but barcodes are not available
19:37 beto so... i need to import my inventory
19:38 beto but i dont know how to do it
19:44 Viktor joined #koha
19:53 beto hello everyone!!
19:53 beto anybody?
19:53 wahanui The #koha IRC channel is populated by people from many timezones, sometimes even on weekends. However, if no one is here right now and you need help you should take a look at
19:57 magnuse beto: how did you make the backup of your records?
20:01 beto export from koha
20:01 beto .mrc extention
20:02 magnuse did you export without items?
20:03 beto yes
20:03 beto because i dont know how to export items
20:04 beto im using this option "Export data"
20:05 magnuse items will be exported unless you choose not to export them, i think
20:06 magnuse what are you trying to do? move records from one koha to another? or rescue records after a crash?
20:12 beto move them to another
20:12 beto but is not working
20:13 beto i try to reindex zebra
20:13 beto and now opac is not showing results
20:25 magnuse beto: how did you import the records into the second koha?
20:27 magnuse did you use the staging tool or the command line?
20:27 magnuse how do you reindex after importing?
20:28 andreashm joined #koha
20:29 beto i use the "Stage MARC records for import"
20:29 beto but records were imported without items
20:38 rangi morning
20:39 cait morning rangi
20:44 francharb joined #koha
20:46 magnuse beto: that is weird - the defaults should be to both export and import with items
20:50 jcamins Last I checked the default was not to import items. You have to choose to improt them.
20:50 magnuse oh, ok
20:51 magnuse beto: make sure you enable importing of items, then
20:56 * magnuse is running out of battery
21:05 bag rangi how do one pronounce Hea ?
21:05 bag s/do/does
21:06 rangi hair uh
21:06 bag thanks
21:06 rangi trying to do it with an american accent
21:06 rangi i think thats pretty close
21:07 bag alright thanks :)
21:07 cait hair uh?
21:07 rangi[…]ronunciation.html
21:07 rangi he a
21:08 rangi 2 syllables
21:08 cait hm would saying it german be wrong?
21:09 cait you should really record it :)
21:09 rangi[…]words/hakihea.mp3
21:09 rangi listen to that
21:09 cait why uh and not ah?
21:10 cait the second word?
21:10 bag yeah the ending of it cair
21:10 bag cait :P
21:10 bag sorry for the typo
21:10 cait imight just not have the ear for it :(
21:49 eythian hi
21:51 andreashm hello
21:53 burdsjm joined #koha
22:14 cait left #koha
22:18 dcook Hmm someone said my name once upon a time...
22:18 * dcook scrolls
22:22 * eythian points to the lastlog command
22:26 dcook eythian: Can you tell me more?
22:26 wahanui i guess more is only a nother display for what can be accessed from global
22:26 dcook lastlog
22:26 dcook :(
22:26 eythian /lastlog keyword
22:26 eythian also, //help lastlog
22:26 eythian err /help
22:26 dcook Hmm, that's neat
22:26 dcook Thanks :)
22:37 barton_away Hey, what's the way to show a particular system preference, from the staff client? I've seen the bywater folks (particularly nengard) do it, but I didn't note it at the time. I tried '.../admin/preferences?searchfield=XISBN' ... but that didn't work.
22:37 drojf hi & good night ;)
22:37 nengard you search on the admin > system preferences page
22:37 nengard at the top
22:37 nengard and then copy the url
22:40 barton_away aha. I had been trying the 'Global system preferences search', and that didn't work.
22:40 barton_away didn't realize that those were two different searches.
22:53 NateC joined #koha
23:24 papa joined #koha
23:38 chrisvella joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary