IRC log for #koha, 2015-02-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 drojf left #koha
00:31 tcohen joined #koha
00:41 * eythian <- pizza
00:47 dcook O_O
00:54 rocio joined #koha
01:21 eythian[…]-6-and-cobol.html <-- oh, that's actually really cool
01:23 rangi that is
02:14 dcook Gotta love that moment when you think to yourself "But... but... that hash key is supposed to exist!"
02:15 dcook And you forget that you actually purposely deleted that key for an earlier test... *facepalm*
02:21 dcook Also love the subtle difference between exists and defined
02:21 dcook Well, maybe it's not subtle. Just important.
02:22 eythian important, yes :)
02:22 dcook :D
02:40 ngourlay joined #koha
02:43 ngourlay joined #koha
05:20 rocio left #koha
06:17 cait joined #koha
06:19 bag morning cait
06:22 cait hi bag
06:33 magnuse bag: HI
06:33 bag magnuse: HI
06:33 * magnuse waves to the rest of #koha too
06:34 magnuse bag: starting to adjust to cet?
06:35 bag nah
06:35 bag thanks for the reminder magnuse I shall head to bed
06:35 bag magnuse++
06:40 magnuse :-)
06:41 * magnuse didn't mean to scare bag off
07:08 magnuse anyone else seeing speed problems after upgrading to apache2:amd64 2.2.22-13+deb7u4?
07:13 dcook I don't have anything relevant to add to that question :)
07:13 dcook But *waves*
07:15 * magnuse waves back
07:15 dcook How's it going, magnuse?
07:16 cait magnuse: no but it sounds scary
07:16 cait bbl
07:16 cait left #koha
07:19 laurence joined #koha
07:21 magnuse well, the speed of my koha servers is bothering me at the moment
07:21 magnuse after i upgraded to 3.18.3
07:22 magnuse based on timing of upgrades and deterioration of two different servers, it looks like apache is the most likely culprit
07:24 dcook :(
07:30 magnuse looks like i managed to downgrade on the test server now - will have to wait a bit to see how that plays out
07:35 dcook magnuse: I'm rather curious to hear how you go!
07:35 dcook I should really go home though..
07:38 magnuse yeah, guess it is that time of the day :-)
07:56 libland morning #koha
07:59 magnuse tjänare libland
08:00 alex_a joined #koha
08:01 * libland fnissar
08:01 libland Hallå där, magnuse
08:01 alex_a bonjour
08:01 magnuse :-)
08:01 libland cold morning it is
08:01 magnuse @wunder boo
08:01 huginn magnuse: Error: timed out
08:02 * magnuse looks quizzically at huginn
08:03 magnuse libland: looks like we have the same temp, about +1C?
08:04 libland Around -4 over here - crispy clear weather in the middle of the Baltic Sea
08:04 magnuse cool :-)
08:05 reiveune joined #koha
08:05 reiveune hello
08:06 libland Hey reiveune
08:06 wahanui i heard reiveune was working for biblibre
08:06 dcook salut reiveune
08:06 * dcook lied to magnuse
08:06 dcook I didn't go home..
08:07 dcook But I am now!
08:07 dcook Really!
08:07 dcook Probably!
08:07 * dcook scampers off
08:07 reiveune hi libland, dcook magnuse rangi
08:08 magnuse dcook: i'll believe it when i see it ;-)
08:09 amyjeankearns joined #koha
08:09 magnuse libland: do you know Viktor Sarge? i tried to introduce you yesterday, but you were afk, i think
08:11 libland Never met him - but sure heard of him, and read some interviews.
08:11 laurence joined #koha
08:11 magnuse cool, he hangs out here some times, as Viktor
08:11 libland I was introduced to Koha one week ago - been on other assignments
08:12 libland ;)
08:12 Joubu hello #koha
08:12 libland Hey Joubu
08:16 magnuse libland: and now you are installing koha? if so, i hope you are using the debian packages :-)
08:18 libland Eh, are there other packages than Debian?
08:18 magnuse nope :-)
08:18 libland hah
08:18 * libland looks confused and amused
08:18 magnuse dcook: gah, downgrading apache did nothing for my performance
08:19 magnuse i just think "debian packages" is a bit more precise than "packages" :-)
08:20 libland it is. :)
08:22 fridolin joined #koha
08:26 fridolin hie all
08:27 Joubu magnuse: what's your perf issue?
08:27 libland hey fridolin
08:29 magnuse Joubu: after i upgraded to 3.18.3 (and upgraded the other packages on the server at the same time), koha has been really slow
08:30 Joubu by "koha" you mean everything?
08:30 Joubu not search or acq or a specific module?
08:30 magnuse no, it seems to be everything
08:30 magnuse and load on the server has also been higher
08:31 Joubu from which version did you upgrade?
08:32 magnuse 3.16.7
08:33 magnuse you can see when the upgrade happened here:[…]oadtime-month.png
08:33 Joubu outch
08:34 Joubu it's a test server, that's it?
08:34 magnuse nope, this is my production server
08:34 Joubu arf
08:35 magnuse something happened to the usage of mamcached too:[…]d_bytes-month.png
08:36 magnuse at first i suspected i missed some mysql tweaks after upgrading, but more tweaking did not have an effect
08:37 Joubu It would have been worth to checkout back the 3.16 branch and confirm it comes from Koha (or not)
08:37 magnuse then i noticed that my test and prod servers for koha got updated a few days apart, and the problem seemed to coincide with the upgrade of apache, but downgrading did not have an effect
08:37 Joubu but it's not a good idea in production :)
08:37 magnuse :-)
08:38 kivilahtio magnuse: I feel bad for you, if that help :(
08:38 Joubu ha, so you have the same behavior on a test server?
08:38 libland Got the same experience here. Though I blamed it on my server hardware in combination with my lack of knowledge/experience with Koha.
08:38 libland *blame - I still do
08:38 magnuse Joubu: well, test in the sense that it is running my "free koha" instances, not paying customers
08:39 magnuse libland: you upgraded and got worse response times too?
08:39 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:40 gaetan_B hello
08:41 libland No upgrade - installed Koha from scratch yesterday
08:42 magnuse ah ok, and you think it is slow?
08:42 libland hmm apparently I got Koha version
08:42 libland It runs slow, yes
08:43 libland got no experience with earlier versions, but it runs slow in a general sense
08:43 magnuse ok
08:45 kivilahtio check out the NYTProfiler from dokuwiki
08:45 kivilahtio magnuse: NYTProf
08:45 kivilahtio it's way too cool to not use!
08:46 magnuse :-)
08:46 magnuse not sure it will help here, though
08:51 Joubu you should follow bug 13645 and bug 13665
08:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13645 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , DBIx connection needs to be cached
08:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13665 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Retrieve facets from zebra is slow
08:59 magnuse yeah, i was thinking of the zebra facets
09:01 magnuse i run off the packages, so <use_zebra_facets>1</use_zebra_facets> has not automatically been added to all the koha-conf.xml's - i guess that means the sites are not using zebra for the facets?
09:03 magnuse and it should not affect things like checking out anyway
09:04 magnuse unless the facets are so resource consuming, it leads to higher load and everything else slowing down
09:06 Joubu magnuse: yes, you have to have the use_zebra_facets set to 1 to use zebra for facets
09:06 Joubu magnuse: IMO bug 13645 should be pushed asap in 3.18
09:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13645 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , DBIx connection needs to be cached
09:07 Joubu but it could be useful to have other feedbacks
09:12 reiveune joined #koha
09:18 magnuse Joubu: that will affect all of koha, not just acquisition, right?
09:19 magnuse who can/will qa it? ashimema? khall?
09:21 reiveune joined #koha
09:42 magnuse i tried applying the changes from 13645 on my test server, will see how that turns out
10:04 akafred joined #koha
10:07 ashimema I'm up to the gazoos at the minute..
10:08 ashimema I'll try to take a look during lunch perhaps.. that's the earliest I can even attempt to..  but I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for there... it's not a bug i've been keeping track of
10:09 magnuse ashimema: maybe Joubu can bring you up to speed
10:09 ashimema yeah.. i'll grab him for a chat later..
10:09 ashimema currently multi-tasking too much already.. got a phone going in each ear at the moment.
10:12 ashimema those graphs are alarming magnuse..
10:12 ashimema that kinda syncs with that long thread the paul a has been chasing on list.
10:13 ashimema though I think he's entirely concerned about zebra's speed
10:14 magnuse yeah, there is more than zebra going on here, i think
10:25 paul_p joined #koha
10:29 akafred Not entirely scientific, but it seems a test suite we ran in 7-8 mins on Koha 3.16, took 10-11 mins after upgrading to 3.18.
10:30 Joubu yes but we increased the number of tests too :)
10:31 magnuse these are integration tests that opl have written
10:31 Joubu or you are not talking about the test suite of Koha
10:32 Joubu akafred: could you identify precisely some tests?
10:32 Joubu I meant some tests are slower and others not, or all tests are slower.
10:33 Joubu or you don't know because you have launched the time diff on all the test suite
10:33 akafred Nope, not Koha's test suite. Koha is just one component. But we didn't change anything but the Koha compponent between these runs.
10:37 Joubu akafred: Could you list the actions the test suite does?
10:40 akafred The tests navigate Koha, adds libraries, item types, patrons, books and removes them again. Simple stuff, little use of Zebra. I don't have detailed enough logs to pinpoint anything in particular, but it seems things generally are slower.
10:41 Joubu akafred: Did you upgrade other debian packages too, or only Koha?
10:42 akafred I'll have a look ...
10:44 akafred (The tests are expressed in Norwegian Gherkin ...[…]cf/test/features)
10:45 Joubu sorry, akafred, I forgot you were a magnuse coworker
10:45 Joubu the the deb packages have been upgraded :)
10:45 akafred No, actually, we don't do things the same way :-)
10:46 Joubu but... the speed issues appear on the same server or another one?
10:47 Joubu (the same as magnuse posted a loadtime graph)
10:48 Joubu anyway, not important. We have speed issues on 3.18 too
10:48 akafred Nope. Those ar LibrioTech productino server stats, I think. My numbers are from our CI server.
10:49 akafred Yep, there are issues. I'll try to find out what we changed ...
10:49 Joubu akafred: did you have use_zebra_facets set in your koha conf file?
10:49 Joubu s/did/do
10:56 akafred I cannot find that we have specified use_zebra_facets at all ...
11:03 paul_p_ joined #koha
11:05 akafred We have Docker containers with the exact Koha installs we used, I think ...
11:16 Joubu akafred: `grep use_zebra_facets $KOHA_CONF` should tell you if it's enabled or not
11:17 paul_p joined #koha
11:19 paul_p joined #koha
11:32 reiveune left #koha
11:34 akafred joubu: no hits on that grep
11:34 akafred Joubu: Package lists pre/post 3.18-upgrade:[…]43390a00bfcf7d14c
11:38 Joubu so no apache upgrade (cc magnuse ^)
11:39 Joubu It could be good to have a benchmark tool to launch on different versions of Koha...
11:43 akafred Updated the gist with how I obtained those package lists.
11:47 amyjeankearns joined #koha
12:09 cait joined #koha
12:28 paul_p joined #koha
12:29 magnuse khall++ for pqa on bug 13645
12:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13645 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Passed QA , DBIx connection needs to be cached
12:29 khall np!
12:29 khall I saw the chatter from earlier and it piqued my interest
12:30 alex_a joined #koha
12:32 reiveune joined #koha
12:32 ashimema cheers khall..
12:33 ashimema you've saved me a job ;)
12:33 khall lol, np!
12:44 * cait waves
12:49 khall mornin cait!
12:50 cait morning khall :)
12:57 oleonard joined #koha
13:01 meliss joined #koha
13:09 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:11 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:21 tcohen joined #koha
13:23 reiveune joined #koha
13:27 NateC joined #koha
13:27 tcohen morning
13:29 oleonard Hi tcohen and #koha
13:29 tcohen hi oleonard
13:34 magnuse ¡hola tcohen y oleonard!
13:34 magnuse tcohen: Joubu thinks bug 13645 should make it's way into master (and 3.18.x) as soon as possible ;-)
13:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13645 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Passed QA , DBIx connection needs to be cached
13:35 * tcohen is adding that to today's agenda
13:36 oleonard tcohen: Unfortunately I haven't been able to work on the installer template work I started
13:37 oleonard In fact I haven't had any time for Koha lately, or for the near future :(
13:37 tcohen no worries oleonard, if someone steps into that, would you provide your advise?
13:37 oleonard Sure
13:38 fridolin joined #koha
13:42 magnuse is there a bug in bugzilla for that? just curious
13:42 bensinober joined #koha
13:44 tcohen oleonard had some mockups
13:44 tcohen screenshots
13:44 wahanui screenshots are best
13:44 edveal joined #koha
13:46 oleonard Yeah I don't think I filed a bug for it because I was kinda just playing around with it
13:47 oleonard
13:47 oleonard I wanted to test Bootstrap 3 and tinker with the installer workflow at the same time (strictly template-side)
13:48 magnuse looking good!
13:49 magnuse btw, i always felt the webinstaller had a few too many clicks in it, but that is outside the scope of that work, of course :-)
13:52 ashimema hey oleanard.. do you happen to know how to get the current row on click in a datatables column
13:52 cait oleonard++ :)
13:52 oleonard No ashimema not off the top of my head
13:53 ashimema k.. no worries..
13:53 ashimema I'm usre I had it working.. but this mroning it's failing me again
13:53 ashimema I'll get there ..
13:54 JoshB joined #koha
14:31 tcohen hi ashimema
14:31 ashimema hi tcohen
14:34 ashimema cool..
14:34 ashimema It was quicker to get the groups in an auth list in code than it was to turn it back into a text field..
14:34 ashimema hope that's OK..
14:34 ashimema should be simple enough to load into both tables regardless in the back end.
14:35 cait gmcharlt: ping? :)
14:35 ashimema oops..
14:35 ashimema wrong window
14:35 cait heh
14:35 cait sounds interesting :)
14:45 cma joined #koha
14:47 nerdlo joined #koha
14:47 ashimema did validatePayment ever work in the payments page..
14:47 ashimema I can't find a js function defined for it anywhere..
14:48 codavid joined #koha
14:48 ashimema seeing console errors for it that i don't think i've noticed before.. but then I was probably never looking before
14:48 cait hm git blame?
14:48 wahanui git blame is handy, but it's just one tool in our debugging arsenal
14:48 ashimema blame show a couple of commit's that added to the lines..
14:49 ashimema but not the commit that inserted the validate..
14:49 ashimema whihc leads me to another question
14:49 cait not a good sign, mayb really old
14:49 ashimema anyone know if you can do a blame that steps back further commits in some way..
14:49 ashimema not somthing i've tried before..
14:49 ashimema i.e. blame.. damn... that change isn't the one I'm looking for.. blame before commit..
14:49 ashimema I tihnk i've just answered myself there..
14:50 ashimema I bet blame will take a commit hash somehow.. blame file@commit or some such syntax
14:51 jcamins ashimema: git blame commit^ -- file
14:53 ashimema chere jacamins
14:53 ashimema jcamins even
14:53 nerdlo joined #koha
14:55 ashimema gotta love git.
14:56 ashimema Seems i can blame Colin for this one.. though I'm not sure how.. looks like he wrote the file with it in the first place
14:56 ashimema back in 2011
14:56 ashimema and even then there was no functino defined for it..
14:57 ashimema that's upsetting that it's taken 4 years to notice it
15:00 tcohen are people ready for the meeting?
15:01 cait no
15:01 cait :)
15:01 * magnuse might catch the first few minutes
15:01 cait but we can start anyway? :)
15:01 bensinober not speaking for everyone else, but yes
15:01 cait bensinober: thx for sip testing :)
15:02 bensinober no worries ;)
15:02 * barton is here with bells on.
15:03 cait tcohen: do you want me to chair?
15:03 barton ... although another cup o coffe wouldn't hurt.
15:03 tcohen please
15:03 cait ok one sec
15:03 tcohen[…]g_5_February_2015
15:03 cait #startmeeting IRC Development Meeting 5 February, part 1
15:03 huginn Meeting started Thu Feb  5 15:03:52 2015 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
15:03 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:03 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: IRC Development Meeting 5 February, part 1)
15:03 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'irc_development_meeting_5_february__part_1'
15:03 barton Coffee: |=============>|.....| 75 %
15:03 cait welcome
15:03 wahanui Welcome to
15:03 khall left #koha
15:04 cait #introductions
15:04 cait please introduce yourself with #info
15:04 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba
15:04 NateC #info
15:04 NateC woops
15:04 barton #info Barton Chittenden, Bywater Solutions, Louisville KY, USA
15:04 bensinober #info Benjamin Rokseth, Oslo Public Library
15:04 cait #info the agenda for today's meeting can be found at[…]g_5_February_2015
15:04 NateC s
15:04 bag #info Brendan Gallagher ByWater Solutions
15:04 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ
15:04 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio
15:04 NateC #info Nate Curulla ByWater Solutions
15:04 edveal #info Ed Veal, ByWater Solutions
15:04 jcamins #info Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services
15:04 barton #info Coffee: |=============>|.....| 75 %
15:05 barton couldn't resist.
15:05 cait #topic RM 3.18 comments
15:05 Topic for #koha is now RM 3.18 comments (Meeting topic: IRC Development Meeting 5 February, part 1)
15:05 * cait hands the keyboard to tcohen
15:05 tcohen 3.20?
15:05 cait you are right, but the agenda was not updated :)
15:06 cait #topic RM 3.20 comments
15:06 Topic for #koha is now RM 3.20 comments (Meeting topic: IRC Development Meeting 5 February, part 1)
15:06 tcohen it is
15:06 cait now :)
15:06 bag magnuse: HI
15:06 tcohen oh
15:07 tcohen the agenda is missing the "deprecate Squeeze support" line
15:07 tcohen ok, I'm worried about several stuff that is stuck
15:07 tcohen most of it is on the next topic list
15:07 tcohen we need to make a decision on how/what to catch
15:08 tajoli joined #koha
15:08 tcohen it is a trade-off between the minimum possible db access vs reasonable invalidation
15:08 tcohen will discuss that later
15:08 tcohen and there's also the recent problems with zebra's performance on the list
15:08 tajoli #info Hi Zeno Tajoli, Cineca (Italy)
15:09 tcohen we are in talks with indexdata on some problems we found (dcook and I)
15:09 tcohen they promised a response
15:09 talljoy joined #koha
15:09 khall joined #koha
15:10 tcohen but it seems that some important koha bits are not having enough attention
15:10 tcohen - plack support (what's missing needs devs to take a look)
15:10 mveron joined #koha
15:11 tcohen - searching (neither QP completeness or search performance have people worried/working on that)
15:11 magnuse bag: HI
15:11 wahanui bidet, magnuse
15:11 tcohen I started some tests on optimizing/refactoring C4::Search::searchResults
15:11 * magnuse wanders off
15:11 tajoli we testing on bugs about QueryParsing ?
15:11 tcohen but that's WIP, and we have stuff already on the pipe, i.e. bugs
15:12 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:12 tcohen welcome tajoli, nice to hear that
15:12 tcohen this is just general comments on what is worring me now
15:12 tcohen ok, that's it for now
15:13 tcohen GRS1 and non-XSLT view removal would ease the refactoring
15:13 tcohen so, lets move forward, ciat
15:13 tcohen cait
15:13 ablj joined #koha
15:13 cait ok
15:13 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, BibLibre
15:13 cait any comments tho?
15:14 cait #topic REST API RFC
15:14 Topic for #koha is now REST API RFC (Meeting topic: IRC Development Meeting 5 February, part 1)
15:14 tcohen ashimema: all yours
15:14 cait #link[…]/New_REST_API_RFC
15:14 ashimema ahh..
15:14 khall REST all the things!
15:14 ashimema didn't realise thre was a meeting
15:14 talljoy #info Joy Nelson ByWater Solutions
15:15 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
15:15 ashimema yeah.. beyond what we've said so far on that page this isn't much..
15:15 ashimema we're hoping to have a gathering to discus it as hackfest..
15:15 khall I fail to see why we should move svc to svc_legacy, which will break existing services when we can just start fresh with /rest/v1/
15:15 ashimema I was hoping to find a time that means people across the world can join in a bit.
15:16 tcohen khall: I agree
15:16 ashimema I'm fine with that..
15:16 bensinober agree, versioning APIs are crucial
15:16 ashimema 'twas Joubu's thought to shift it..
15:16 tcohen ashimema: I guess he wanted to keep /svc
15:16 tcohen besides the name....
15:17 tcohen Joubu: what's your experience with koha-resful regarding how you manage the routing?
15:17 ashimema I think the main thing is that we should be ancourages work in the new namespace.. and discourages work in the old as soon as we decide to go for it..
15:17 Joubu I don't have any experience with koha-restful
15:17 Joubu I didn't dev it
15:18 Joubu koha-restful dev will be present at the Marseille hackfest, will be good to talk with them
15:18 jeff #info Jeff Godin, Traverse Area District Library (TADL)
15:18 bensinober we have been using koha-restful some at OPL, though we are wondering about if its maintained
15:18 ashimema definitely.
15:18 tcohen what i'v seen about koha-restful
15:18 Joubu bensinober: we used it, yes
15:18 Joubu we use it!
15:18 jeff serendipitously stumbling into this meeting and finding it interesting/potentially-relevant. :-)
15:18 tcohen is that it is well organized, and has a single front-end script
15:18 ashimema I think the real first stage in this is to get some good clear guidlines for it bashed out..
15:18 tcohen that handles the routing for each endpoint
15:18 Joubu maybe not tested with koha 3.18
15:19 bensinober there are some issues on 3.16 and 3.18 both
15:19 ashimema then no-one's in the dark with how things 'should' be done.. and the QA team have somthing to refer to when feeding back
15:19 tcohen I think that's the way to go
15:19 khall agreed.
15:20 tcohen either using something like dancer, or mimicking koha-restful using  CGI::Application::Dispatch or an equivalent solution
15:20 ashimema koha-restful is compeletly self contained and doesn't really lend itself to inclusion in koha as is..
15:20 khall I really like Jesse Weaver's work
15:20 ashimema having said that.. in some ways being self contained is nice
15:20 bensinober as a sidenote, /svc is already used internally for patron lookup, preference settings etc.
15:21 bensinober but there is sparse documentation
15:21 ashimema Jesse's work is certainly rather nice.. though it's basically just a clone of a small aprt of what allot of other frameworks give you out of the box. i.e dancer, mojo etc
15:21 cait ashimema: what would be your preference? building on jesse's or swtiching it to a framework?
15:21 ashimema in the medium term I'd like to replace all the current internal use of svc with new rest stuff
15:21 cait just a little worried about having a framework discussion :)
15:22 khall ashimema: right. I'm 100% for the rest api being baked in to Koha
15:22 ashimema I'm all for including Jesse's stuff..
15:22 cait and i'd like to see something inside koha as kyle says
15:22 cait Joubu: do you have a preference?
15:22 bensinober seems to me a good idea to join the work of Jesse w and build out a internal API that could have selected services exposed
15:22 ashimema if we chose to use a framework it should be all or nothing... or we're just building ourselves into two corners again.
15:22 Joubu not really
15:23 ashimema jesse's stuff is nice.. as it take's some of the best bits of the frameworks and effectively backports them to our 'koha' framework.
15:23 tcohen the question is
15:24 cait ashimema: is it something we could shift to a framework later and have this as a first step?
15:24 tcohen does #bywater have a schedule for it?
15:24 ashimema I 'think' with Jesse's work, if we later wanted to port it to Dancer/mojo it wouldn't be an aweful job.
15:24 ashimema Jesse's given me the all clear to submit his work thus far tcohen ;)
15:24 amyjeankearns joined #koha
15:24 cait yay :)
15:25 tcohen is there any sample implementation to look at?
15:25 ashimema What I was going to do was split down his tree into a whole set of bugs.. 1 with the core module in.. then a bug for each svc we port..
15:25 ashimema he was trying to do it all at once.. hense the hold up.
15:25 * cait dislikes all at once things
15:25 tcohen ashimema: core + one sample endpoint implemented would be a good start
15:25 khall ashimema: sounds like an excellent plan
15:25 ashimema[…]66a70ef5233fe9642
15:25 tcohen it could help eythian on his effort with patron management
15:26 cait #link[…]66a70ef5233fe9642
15:26 ashimema I'll be submitting cash management at some point.. and that relies heavily upon it.. showing good practice for three routes at least..
15:26 bensinober great idea
15:26 khall I'd say bugs for Core -> New SysPref Servce -> Replace Old SysPref Service with New
15:26 ashimema and i've also got some other examples I'll be posting along with it..
15:26 ashimema khall.. defoo.. that's the best plan I reckon
15:27 ashimema tcohen et al.  were we ok with putting eythians patron api stuff in as is.. with the undertsnading that it'll be deprecated fairly quickly once we have had the restful debate at hackfest..
15:27 khall I'd be more than happy to help write up some Koha REST api standards
15:27 ashimema I'm happy doing the work to port it.. seeing as I've already got a half baked one here to play with ;)
15:28 ashimema khall.. seen the wiki page above?
15:28 ashimema would certainly apreciate your input on it too..
15:28 cait can i add actions? :)
15:28 ashimema eat your heart out cait ;)
15:28 tcohen ashimema: i don't have any problem with pushing eythian's work on /svc
15:28 cait #action ashimema to submit patches for the new restful API - core + a sample
15:28 * ashimema to fit this all around having baby ;)
15:28 bensinober got to go, if there are anything to vote on, I'm good with ashimemas plan
15:29 khall ashimema: yes, I think it's a very good base. Honestly, the more terse we can make it the better it will be followed
15:29 Joubu maybe should we wait for the discussion at the hackfest before writing anything?
15:29 bensinober see you in Marseille!
15:29 tcohen please don't tie the new restful api to a new sysprefs service implementation
15:29 bensinober left #koha
15:29 cait someone else i need to action? :)
15:29 cait trying to catch up reading
15:30 cait #action khall volunteers helping out with the RFC and writing up some guidelines
15:30 khall tcohen: that was just an example, we can find something else as a starter
15:30 tcohen khall: all good
15:31 tcohen maybe search ? :-D
15:31 cait maybe soemthing easy and existing? :)
15:31 cait adding a record? )
15:31 cait not sure
15:31 cait ok
15:31 cait moving on?
15:31 khall tcohen: what we really need is to get datatables to play well with a standard api instead of the special stuff it prefers
15:31 tcohen angular
15:31 khall angular
15:31 khall lol
15:31 tcohen we are all on the same track, moving on :-D
15:32 cait #topic Zebra / Facet issues
15:32 Topic for #koha is now Zebra / Facet issues (Meeting topic: IRC Development Meeting 5 February, part 1)
15:32 tcohen Marseille will be really fun
15:32 cait hopefully productive fun - but fun i am sure :)
15:32 khall hackfest++
15:32 cait I'd like to add an obvervation here about zebra facets
15:32 tcohen i've collected several stuff about the "zebra facets" feature i'd like to share
15:32 cait tcohen goes first :)
15:33 tcohen - they are problematic with the latest Zebra (2.0.59) already present in Testing
15:34 tcohen 2) their performance is not logaritmic on the amount of records you ask them ti be calculated on
15:34 tcohen about (1) i'm in talks with indexdata, and will try to have something about it soon, so it doesn't catch us
15:35 tcohen about (2) the preference facetNumRecs (present in zebra-biblios-dom.xml) is set to 1000 by default
15:36 tcohen it was a good default, but it seems that large databases (more than 1M records) see some impact on speed.
15:36 tcohen at UNC we see a gain in speed instead, but our databases are small (90K the bigger)
15:36 Joubu I have opened a bug report to explain what I have tried 2 days ago (bug 13665)
15:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13665 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Retrieve facets from zebra is slow
15:36 Joubu tested on a 1M record DB
15:37 rocio joined #koha
15:37 tcohen i'm experimenting with retrieving all facets at once, whch seems optimal, but need indexdata's feedback on two problems
15:38 ablj joined #koha
15:38 tcohen a) there seems to be a bug that prevents retrieving more than 8 facets at once (they filled a bug ZEB-663 as per my request)
15:39 tcohen b) there's no current way to change the current behaviour of facet retrieval failing if some facet is not previously populated
15:39 tcohen i'm working on both
15:39 tcohen at once, heh
15:39 tcohen it'd be great to have a sample DB with more than 1M records *with items*
15:39 cait tcohen++
15:39 tcohen to play with
15:39 tcohen I don't have it
15:39 Peggy joined #koha
15:40 cait i have done some testing with facets and ran into somethings that confused me a little
15:40 cait 1) the facets changed with the sorting i chose
15:40 cait 2) for a result set of 22 records it didn't list all itemtypes as facets that were present in the result set in some 'sort' cases
15:41 cait if the default is set to 1000... i don#t se why this could happen yet
15:41 cait it didn't onyl happen for itemtypes but also for other categoreis, just quite obvious there
15:41 cait would be interested if there is an explanation yet or if people experience similar things in testing
15:41 Joubu 1: what was the number of result? > 1000?
15:41 cait 22
15:42 Joubu weird
15:42 cait yep
15:42 ashimema I'm finding datatables really slow
15:42 Joubu Are the facets sorted by "count" ?
15:43 tcohen I couldn't reproduce cait's problem FTR
15:43 tcohen (talking about (2))
15:44 cait i know - maybe we can just keep it in mind and an eye on it?
15:44 cait ok movingon?
15:44 tajoli there is also an other problem on Zebra: 'Zebra hyphen truncating search' on koha-devel
15:44 cait anything to #info
15:44 tcohen cait: did u get access to the z39.50 port?
15:44 cait not yet
15:44 cait too busy today :(
15:44 cait will see about it
15:44 tcohen to try the facet retrieval directly from zebra
15:45 cait ready to move on?
15:45 tcohen and spot possible Koha problem?
15:45 cait i will try to arrange better testing or find samples in my dev database
15:45 cait #topic Non-XSLT removal
15:45 tcohen #action people that have issues with zebra facets, contact tcohen who will be looking at those
15:45 Topic for #koha is now Non-XSLT removal (Meeting topic: IRC Development Meeting 5 February, part 1)
15:46 cait :)
15:46 tcohen Non-XSLT removal
15:46 tcohen it is already deprecated, since July 2014
15:47 tcohen #link[…]_bug.cgi?id=12561
15:47 huginn Bug 12561: normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Omnibus: Deprecate non-XSLT detail and result views
15:47 cait does someone have the actions about this on hand?
15:47 cait i think i found another - the opac summary field in the itemtype configuration - that's non-xslt only? if used at all still?
15:48 cait the problem with killing it is that we will have a feature loss for some libraries
15:48 cait bug 13327 for example
15:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13327 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , OPACPopupAuthorsSearch doesn't work with XSLT views
15:48 cait or bug 11426
15:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11426 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Make HighlightOwnItemsOnOPAC work with XSLT
15:48 cait khall: woudl you be able to port that to xslt?
15:48 tcohen are they aware of its deprecation? concerned?
15:49 khall cait: I think it'll have to be ported
15:50 khall I'm no xslt wizard though, so I don't know what it will involve
15:50 tcohen khall: is it just template stuff?
15:51 khall tcohen: my guess is the hard part is getting the data to the xsl template
15:51 tcohen specifically?
15:51 tcohen users-branch?
15:52 khall I can't give any specifics at the moment, I'll need to reappraise myself of the feature
15:53 cait i think we maybe need a more comprehensive list - maybe lookint at the prefs on the normal views?
15:53 cait it's deprecated, but need to decide about features
15:53 tcohen it's all bloody mixed
15:53 cait or maybe say they will get removed
15:54 cait can we set a deadline for next meeting to feed the bug with depending things?
15:54 cait woudl someone volunteer to look at the code?
15:54 cait looks like i did volunteer last time ... oops
15:54 oleonard So we know some things need to get ported, but does that block agreement on the plan to remove the normal view?
15:54 tcohen i have no objections
15:55 cait it's something we didn't do so far
15:55 cait breaking features :)
15:55 cait but we could
15:55 khall I also have no objections. Growing pains are inevitable. But the advantage of only one view to update is worth it
15:55 cait the question is if they will be ported before or after removal
15:55 oleonard Not on purpose anyway cait
15:55 cait true
15:55 khall cait: before would also be preferred, but not required
15:55 cait #action cait volunteers again to look into creating a better list of features missing from XSLT view
15:56 cait so can we have a vote
15:56 cait ?
15:56 tcohen yes
15:56 cait please vote on removal - keeping in mind that features might not be ported on time
15:56 barton I second the movement to vote.
15:56 khall +1
15:56 oleonard +1
15:56 barton +1
15:57 Joubu 0
15:57 tajoli 0
15:57 cait 0
15:57 bag hmmm  hard one  +1
15:58 paul_p joined #koha
15:58 cait there is a second meeting scheduled
15:58 cait i will add the results as info
15:59 tcohen +1
15:59 cait #info voting results on code removal of non-XSLT views: 3x 0, 5x yes
15:59 cait moving on to another topic, hopefully easier :)
15:59 tcohen 0 is neutral?
15:59 cait yeah
15:59 tcohen ah,ok
15:59 cait #topic GRS-1 removal
15:59 Topic for #koha is now GRS-1 removal (Meeting topic: IRC Development Meeting 5 February, part 1)
15:59 cait i thik we still don't have current problems with dom indexing, so this seems safer :)
16:00 cait any comments before the vote?
16:00 tcohen I'd like to hear from UNIMARC users
16:00 tcohen if they are using it, successfully
16:00 Joubu BibLibre customers still using grs1
16:01 Joubu I use dom on my dev install, but I don't play with zebra indexes...
16:01 tcohen have you at least evaluated DOM UNIMARC setups?
16:01 Joubu tcohen: yes, I think so
16:01 Joubu I let a note on a bug, don't remember when/where
16:02 Joubu "I have just install an install with unimarc + dom, it works"
16:02 cait bug 12641
16:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12641 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Formally deprecate the GRS-1 indexing mode
16:02 TGoat joined #koha
16:02 cait #info bug 12641
16:03 cait Joubu: would you be ok with having a vote?
16:03 tcohen it is important to note GRS-1 has been deprecated on July 7 2014
16:03 tcohen *23
16:03 Joubu it was bug 9342
16:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9342 critical, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, RESOLVED FIXED, zebra UNIMARC dom indexing does not work
16:03 cait #info  GRS-1 has been deprecated on July 7 2014
16:03 Joubu paul_p agreed last meeting, so good to me
16:03 cait ok
16:04 tcohen i think we can have a vote
16:04 cait so please vote on code removal of grs-1 code - making dom the only available option
16:04 tcohen and UNIMARC users/providers are encouraged to report any issues
16:04 cait +1
16:04 tajoli +1
16:04 TGoat good morning beautiful #koha peeps
16:04 Joubu +&
16:04 barton +1
16:04 Joubu +1
16:04 tcohen +1
16:04 ablj +1
16:04 cait #info UNIMARC and all other users are encouraged to report any issues with DOM indexing
16:04 khall +1
16:04 oleonard 0
16:04 tcohen if there are remaining issues, they should be reported before Marseille's hackfest, so we can solve them
16:05 cait #voting results on code removel of grs-1: 1x 0, 7x yes
16:05 cait #info please report before first week in march, so problems can be fixed at the hackfest in marseille
16:05 cait moving on
16:06 cait #topic Coding syntax preferences: $a->{b}{c} vs. $a->{b}->{c}
16:06 Topic for #koha is now Coding syntax preferences: $a->{b}{c} vs. $a->{b}->{c} (Meeting topic: IRC Development Meeting 5 February, part 1)
16:06 cait #info bug 13240 for discussion
16:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13240 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , contains code obfuscation
16:06 codavid left #koha
16:07 barton I definitely prefer the second.
16:07 Joubu I definitely prefer the first :)
16:07 cait i don't have a preference
16:08 Joubu But I really don't want to discuss years about that, it's really minor, IMO.
16:08 cait i kind of agree there :)
16:08 tcohen 0 for me
16:08 cait i think we have worse things to battle :)
16:08 khall agreed, but I also prefer the latter
16:08 cait the qustion is: is this a qa fail or are we allowing both equally for now?
16:08 barton I agree with all of the above ;-)
16:08 Joubu Let's us do like we want? :)
16:09 tcohen i think we can all adapt to either
16:09 tcohen we could just vote
16:09 tcohen what does perlcritic say about this?
16:10 Joubu I switched from $$a{key}{bar} to $a->{foo}{bar}. It was already a big change :p
16:10 cait please vote which you prefer: 1) $a->{b}{c}  2) $a->{b}->{c} 3) both shoudl be valid 4) no opinion
16:10 khall 2
16:10 Joubu 3
16:10 cait 4
16:10 tcohen 4
16:10 barton 2
16:10 ablj 2
16:10 Joubu So we should also vote for $a->{"foo"} or $a->{foo} :)
16:11 tcohen nah, quotes are forbidden
16:11 tcohen :-P
16:11 khall agreed!
16:11 cait sorry phone
16:11 cait #chair tcohen
16:11 huginn Current chairs: cait tcohen
16:11 tcohen more votes?
16:12 tcohen #voting results 1) 0 2) 3 3) 1 4) 2
16:13 tcohen lets see what people say on part 2
16:13 cait #info voting results 1) 0 2) 3 3) 1 4) 2
16:13 tcohen :-P
16:13 * barton promises not to vote again in the second meeting.
16:13 khall tcohen: is that in the coding guidelines? I'm not seeing it
16:14 tcohen shh, will write it without people noticing
16:14 tcohen i'll put it on next dev-meeting's agenda
16:14 khall <whisper>sounds good to me</whisper>
16:15 tcohen cait: moving on?
16:15 * tcohen has to leave in 3~4 minutes
16:15 cait maybe we should put the rest on the next meeting?
16:15 cait is there something really urgent on the leftover topics?
16:15 tcohen yes
16:15 Joubu I would like to talk about the test perf regression
16:15 tajoli I prefer 3
16:15 Joubu I will have some time to dedicate on that
16:16 Joubu + set time for a pre hackfest meeting
16:16 tcohen i changed my mind, we can leave the rest for the next meeting
16:16 tcohen could we have one next week?
16:16 cait ok for me
16:16 cait i will be travelling the week after next
16:16 tajoli I try
16:16 * tcohen has to leave
16:17 tcohen later guys
16:17 cait will yo u send an email tcohen?
16:17 cait with a date/time?
16:17 tcohen yes
16:17 cait shall we just #action him to?
16:17 cait ah :)
16:17 tcohen next wednesday
16:17 tcohen yes, action
16:17 tcohen please
16:18 cait #action tcohen to set date and time for next meeting - email to dev list
16:18 cait #endmeeting
16:18 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.18.3 is released! Welcome to the IRC home of Koha | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | The next Koha General IRC meeting is 11 February 2015 at 19 UTC | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
16:18 huginn Meeting ended Thu Feb  5 16:18:15 2015 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
16:18 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-02-05-15.03.html
16:18 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]5-02-05-15.03.txt
16:18 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]05-15.03.log.html
16:18 Joubu hum ok...
16:18 cait not good?
16:19 cait ah sorry
16:20 Joubu I can try to find some time to dev a script to test pref regression, I would have got some info/ideas
16:20 cait maybe the perf discussion can continue on list/bug? not sure
16:20 cait Joubu: maybe talk to magnuse
16:20 cait i think he worked on something in the past, might have it somewhere
16:20 Joubu Does someone already tested/played with selenium?
16:21 cait i treid in the browser a long time ago
16:21 cait i always had problems rerunning the tests i created
16:21 Joubu the idea would be to launch the test on jenkins
16:21 Joubu everybody left?
16:22 cait hm looks like it and i am not vers helpful
16:23 tajoli bye
16:23 Joubu cait: maybe we are both in an interspace of the internet :)
16:23 tajoli quit
16:23 tajoli exit
16:23 Joubu /quit
16:24 Joubu ok, let's enjoy the sun outside :)  see you  tomorrow
16:24 akafred At OPL we use Cucumber + Watir-Webdriver (webdriver=selenium2) to automate tests against Koha++.
16:25 cait cya
16:25 akafred I can demo in Marseille if you're interested ...
16:25 cait no usn here... but i was promised spaghetti at a friend's house
16:25 amyjeankearns joined #koha
16:25 Joubu akafred: do you think it could be possible to add them into the Koha codebase?
16:25 * Joubu does not know cucumber
16:27 cait sorry, have to run
16:27 cait cya all tomorrow
16:28 akafred Everything is possible ... but ... I think the community will have a few issues with our approach ...
16:29 akafred I'll be more than happy to show&tell in Marseille.
16:30 reiveune bye
16:30 reiveune left #koha
16:41 * oleonard runs across software which claims to be open source but is in private beta. That doesn't seem right...
16:52 jcamins oleonard: that doesn't seem unusual to me. Most companies can't afford to provide free hosting for everyone.
16:53 jcamins The code is available, so anyone can go ahead and run it themselves.
17:10 laurence left #koha
17:10 tcohen joined #koha
17:21 drojf joined #koha
17:29 tcohen joined #koha
18:05 * magnuse reads the scrollbacl from the meeting
18:06 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12905: funds with children could not be deleted <[…]f75ebd19968f5b11c> / Bug 13333: Fix Display basket group for already received orders <[…]63424b33977f66cfd> / Bug 13457 - Followup for CPL and S codes <[…]eb/?p=koha.git;a=
18:10 tcohen @later tell Joubu stop it. You have too much stuff passed-qa :-P
18:10 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
18:13 bag wait wait that’s an excellent problem :D
18:19 tcohen bag: you can bet on that!
18:20 magnuse yeah, more people should have problems like that :-)
18:21 wnickc joined #koha
18:22 tcohen well, khall does too :-P
18:22 tcohen shame on you :-P
18:23 talljoy joined #koha
18:26 magnuse it's cool that the hackfest in marseille is evolving into a kind of HackConf, with presentations and people working on specific stuff, but the very first one was also very cool, when everybody just focused on signoffs and moving bugs alng
18:26 magnuse maybe the hackfest should be 2 weeks?
18:28 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13262: (QA followup) fix duplicate variable definition <[…]4fc226a4806cb5ffc> / Bug 13262 - Add parameters to XSLT Handler transform method <[…]fc4bf2c1fc4f9d24c> / Bug 12601: (RM followup) DBIx updates <[…]eb/?p=koha.git;a=
18:31 tcohen ashimema: is colin here?
18:33 bag magnuse: I’d be down with 2 weeks - with the weekend in Monaco or Nice :P
18:33 tcohen hahaha
18:34 * magnuse would spend the weekend in marseille
18:35 * drojf would spend the weekend in bed
18:35 magnuse or we could have one week in marseille and the next week somewhere else
18:36 magnuse give people time to travel to the next place
18:36 drojf @later tell cait ping
18:36 huginn drojf: The operation succeeded.
18:37 tcohen @later tell Joubu please update your gliffy page for VAT rewrite
18:37 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
18:44 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_D7 build #301: UNSTABLE in 42 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_Master_D7/301/
18:44 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 12975: Use the centralize VAT and prices calculation -
18:44 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 13432 - SIP Server does not respect timeout setting
18:44 jenkins_koha * Robin Sheat: Bug 7904 - remove unnecessary path from SIP script
18:44 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Bug 7904 Change SIP modules to use standard LIB path
18:44 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 13339 - Cart button doesn't open the cart
18:44 jenkins_koha * Fridolin Somers: Bug 13268 - biblioitems.size value not correctly displayed (more)
18:44 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 13268: the size should not be emptied in pl script
18:44 jenkins_koha * Thomas: Bug 10241 - Easy analyticals creates two 773 fields. Search/link from host to children is broken
18:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12975 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Refactor VAT and price calculation - basketgroup page
18:44 jenkins_koha * Mark Tompsett: Bug 13457: Suggestions.t expects sample itemtypes
18:44 jenkins_koha * Mark Tompsett: Bug 13457 - Followup for CPL and S codes
18:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13432 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , SIP Server does not respect timeout setting
18:44 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 13333: Fix Display basket group for already received orders
18:44 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 12905: funds with children could not be deleted
18:44 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7904 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Pushed to Master , SIP modules handling of @INC is confused
18:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13339 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Cart button doesn't open the cart
18:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13268 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , biblioitems.size value not correctly displayed (more)
18:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10241 normal, P4, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , Easy analyticals creates two 773 fields. Search/link from host to children is broken
18:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13457 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Pushed to Master , Suggestions.t expects sample itemtypes
18:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13333 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Basket group is not displayed for already received orders
18:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12905 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Deleting parent fund will orphan child funds, leaving them un-editable.
18:46 gerundio joined #koha
18:53 tcohen bye #koha
18:58 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7904: (QA followup) fix tests <[…]01dd6abeb99ee5eac>
19:21 wnickc bag++
19:26 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_D7 build #302: NOW UNSTABLE in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_Master_D7/302/
19:26 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 13441 - Branchcodes should not be allowed to have spaces in them
19:26 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 13270: Don't display "vendor note" label if nothing to display
19:26 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 12860: the export tools explodes if a field is not exported
19:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13441 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Branchcodes should not be allowed to have spaces in them
19:26 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12905: DBRev
19:26 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 12601: Add a foreign key for aqorders.budget_id
19:26 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12601: DBRev
19:26 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12601: (RM followup) DBIx updates
19:26 jenkins_koha * David Cook: Bug 13262 - Add parameters to XSLT Handler transform method
19:26 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 13262: (QA followup) fix duplicate variable definition
19:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13270 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , On receiving, "vendor note" label should not be displayed if nothing to display
19:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12860 normal, P3, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Tools > Data export : "Don't export fields" option doesn't work
19:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12905 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Deleting parent fund will orphan child funds, leaving them un-editable.
19:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12601 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , aqorders.budget_id should be a foreign key
19:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13262 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Master , Add parameters to XSLT Handler transform method
20:03 amyjeankearns joined #koha
20:08 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_D7 build #303: NOW UNSTABLE in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_Master_D7/303/
20:08 jenkins_koha Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 7904: (QA followup) fix tests
20:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7904 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Pushed to Master , SIP modules handling of @INC is confused
20:14 magnuse joined #koha
20:23 Dyrcona1 joined #koha
20:28 peggy joined #koha
20:28 peggy I have been reading Apache logs for my server.  It looks like each time a keyword search comes from the OPAC that two requests are sent:
20:28 peggy 3 Feb 2015 13:45:05 -0500] GET cgi-bin/koha/​he+sky&branch_group_limit=branch%3ADOVER HTTP 3 Feb 2015 13:45:05 -0500] GET cgi-bin/koha/​+sky&branch_group_limit=branch%3ADOVER HTTP
20:29 peggy 3 Feb 2015 13:45:05 -0500] GET cgi-bin/koha/​he+sky&branch_group_limit=branch%3ADOVER HTTP
20:29 peggy 3 Feb 2015 13:45:05 -0500] GET cgi-bin/koha/​+sky&branch_group_limit=branch%3ADOVER HTTP
20:29 peggy (sorry, that should be easier to read)
20:30 peggy It doesn't happen with title, author, or subject searches - those only generate one request.
20:30 peggy Why the double request?
20:33 wnickc share
20:33 wnickc oops
20:42 bag hmm interesting find peggy
21:37 pianohacker joined #koha
21:39 ck joined #koha
22:08 magnuse joined #koha
22:10 cait joined #koha
22:19 barton I thought that the second dev meeting was starting at 22UTC -- wasn't that 20 minutes ago?
22:23 dcook Hmm, I'm never around for dev meetings, so I'm guessing no?
22:24 barton well, that doesn't quite sound official, but I think you're right.
22:25 cait it's right, i was hoping tcohen would mak it
22:25 cait it's 11:25 here - too late for a meeting for me
22:26 barton where's tcohen located?
22:26 dcook barton: I rarely know any official things :)
22:26 dcook barton: Argentina
22:26 wahanui hmmm... Argentina is hosting KohaCon14!
22:26 dcook So... 7:26pm for tcohen, I think
22:27 magnuse i thought it should start 26 minutes ago too[…]g_5_February_2015
22:27 dcook Hmm looks like
22:27 * dcook is actually around for once
22:27 magnuse but... time for sleep!
22:27 dcook magnuse: or eating, according to the wiki :p
22:27 barton schlafe whohl magnuse
22:29 cait left #koha
22:33 barton well... I don't see anyone lining up to get into the dev meeting... so I'm gonna head out.
22:34 dcook Yeah, I got nothing to say
22:35 dcook Except that I just ate breakfast and now I'm hungry again...
22:36 TGoat joined #koha
22:37 wnickc Try a second one if the first didn't take
22:37 dcook Not a bad idea at all, but now I'm at the office :/\
22:37 dcook :/*
22:37 * dcook needs a breakfast lackey
22:37 dcook Actually, a minion for many things.
22:37 dcook Food... and to tackle the easier Koha bugs.
22:38 dcook Well, general Koha support really..
22:38 barton_away hm. that's what I do, actually.
22:38 dcook barton_away: Have a second breakfast or have a breakfast minion?
22:39 wnickc or be bag's minion?
22:39 barton_away no, I do general koha support. I don't get khall's breakfast though.
22:39 dcook hehe
22:39 dcook Yeah, we're a pretty small shop, so I do a bit of everything
22:39 dcook Well, I'm no one's breakfast minion
22:39 dcook Occasionally lunch minion if we're having people in for training
22:40 dcook It's certainly never boring around here :P
22:41 barton_away here neither ;-)
22:42 chrisvella joined #koha
22:43 dcook I occasionally wonder about ByWater. I recall that a lot of people work from home?
22:44 talljoy joined #koha
22:44 tcohen joined #koha
22:45 pianohacker dcook: most of us. There's an office in California where Mario, Brendan and Cindy spend some of their time, and I think some of us keep offices outside our homes, but most of us yes
22:46 tcohen jenkins_koha: you suck
22:46 jenkins_koha tcohen did you mean me? Unknown command 'you'
22:46 jenkins_koha Use '!jenkins help' to get help!
22:46 dcook hehe
22:46 bag actually pianohacker and dcook no more office
22:46 dcook Oh?
22:46 bag landlord sold it so we had to move out
22:46 dcook Dinger
22:46 bag I’m in my garage now
22:47 dcook So for training, I guess you send people out to the libraries?
22:47 tcohen @later tell lds http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_Master_U14/
22:47 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
22:47 pianohacker bag: don't most california startups try to _start_ in the garage and move someplace nicer? ;)
22:47 dcook hehe
22:47 dcook A garage sounds nice to me
22:48 dcook Garages are a rarity in Sydney with everything so cramped together
22:48 * tcohen loves garage projects
22:48 dcook Well, at least the parts of Sydney I see :p
22:48 tcohen specially
22:48 bag pianohacker: this one did start there and it’s back - just realizing the garage is the place to be
22:48 bag me too tcohen
22:48 dcook tcohen: I wondered for a second when it said "Yes, I'm over 18" :p
22:49 tcohen heh, I already had the cookie set :-P
22:49 * dcook imagines bag's garage is nicer than a lot of Sydney apartments he's had
22:49 dcook Oooh, today is Friday. Beer time later...
22:49 pianohacker bag's garage is almost assuredly larger than my apartment, I know that much
22:49 bag heh it’s full of junk - but it’s got a fablous barista
22:50 dcook Surely full of junk equates to cosy? :D
22:50 dcook cozy?
22:50 * dcook forgets sometimes that he has an English degree
22:50 bag sure thing :)
22:51 dcook Hmm, I think both spellings work..
22:51 dcook Although I think cosy is also Australian for swimmers
22:51 dcook And swimmers is Australian for bathing suit
22:52 dcook I don't even know what I would say anymore...
22:59 eythian_ joined #koha
22:59 eythian_ rats, I totally forgot that there was a meeting an hour ago
23:02 eythian_ oh, looks like the meeting was missed by everyone else, as well. I don't feel so bad now.
23:04 * eythian_ goes back to "It's a public holiday, I'm gonna play computer games for the afternoon."
23:04 BobB joined #koha
23:13 dcook public holiday, eythian_?
23:14 dcook ?
23:16 tcohen @later tell Joubu have you looked at DBIx::Connector ?
23:16 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
23:16 dcook Wow, that sounds like a rather interesting holiday!
23:40 amyjeankearns joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary