IRC log for #koha, 2014-09-02

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:08 BobB joined #koha
02:04 tcohen joined #koha
02:14 tcohen hi
02:14 dcook hey tcohen
02:15 tcohen hey dcook :-D
02:20 trea joined #koha
02:20 tcohen dcook: did u have time to check my facets patch?
02:20 dcook Alas, I have not :/
02:21 dcook But I think I might be able to soon!
02:21 dcook Like later today
02:21 dcook What's the bug number again?
02:21 dcook I might actually look at that now..
02:22 trea o/
02:22 dcook Oh wait... I just remembered something else I have to do... still!
02:22 dcook yo trea
02:22 trea greetings dcook
02:26 dcook tcohen: Actually, I do have some time atm
02:26 tcohen there is bug 12788
02:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12788 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Refine search displays 4xx fields from authority records
02:27 dcook Looks like it's already been signed off? Yay!
02:27 dcook I'll take a look anyway :)
02:28 tcohen and on top of that, you can check
03:06 indradg joined #koha
03:09 tcohen beer rules mortals will
03:38 dcook beer!
03:38 dcook Alas, I just bought beer on Friday and now it's all gone :(
03:39 jcamins Too bubbly for me.
03:39 jcamins FYI
03:40 eythian dcook: you made an amateur mistake, you should buy by the case.
03:43 dcook eythian: Agreed
03:43 dcook In the past, it was a bit too heavy to get back to my house, but now I'm closer to the bottle shop :D
03:43 dcook Alas, when there is a case in the house, it disappears quickly between the wife and I
03:44 jcamins dcook: you like working out! Carrying beer cases can be your exercise!
03:44 dcook hehe
03:44 dcook That thought might've crossed my mind, jcamins ;)
03:45 jcamins Excellent.
03:45 jcamins Well, good night.
03:45 wahanui Don't go, jcamins. Stay a while. Stay forever.
03:45 jcamins My work here is done.
03:46 tcohen hey
03:46 tcohen hi jcamins
03:47 wizzyrea never enough beer.
03:47 tcohen wizzyrea++
03:48 dcook ^
03:55 dcook night, jcamins
04:34 jwellner joined #koha
04:35 cait joined #koha
04:36 jwellner joined #koha
04:41 tcohen night
04:42 dcook night tcohen
05:25 eythian crikey, I just refactored the whole biblio access class I created so I can share code for indexing authorities easier, and it seems to have worked first time.
05:25 eythian that's always a concern.
05:29 dcook Hmm, maybe it was just an illusion
05:29 dcook It was probably broken :)
05:30 * dcook tries to think of something else heartening to say
05:30 eythian heh
05:30 dcook Hope it keeps working :)
05:30 eythian <-- dcook, this might be helpful
05:37 indradg joined #koha
05:39 cait eythian: the bugs are just well hidden? ;)
05:39 eythian hi cait
05:39 eythian it's possible :)
05:43 eythian whew, OK, tomorrow I can get authorities indexing. Then everything will asplode, I'm sure.
05:51 cait be back later, have a nce evening eythian and dcook
05:51 eythian later
05:51 cait left #koha
05:51 dcook eythian: hehe
05:52 dcook Fortunately, my wife has taught me a lot
05:52 dcook I think we have a book somewhere around the house with a lot of words as well..
05:52 eythian there's a whole series of videos, they're very funny
05:52 petter joined #koha
06:11 ashimema mornin' #koha
06:16 ashimema that vid is brilliant eythian..
06:16 petter god morning
06:16 petter good
06:16 petter let's keep religion out of it
06:16 ashimema though not especially approriate with the 5 year old daughter behind me ;)
06:17 dcook ashimema: She'll be speaking fluent Australian in no time like the 5 years old here :p
06:19 ashimema lol.. that's what scares me.
06:19 ashimema I know how my cousins turned out ;)
06:20 ashimema lol.. bit of casual racism here.. it's catching :P
06:21 * ashimema heads down to breakfast
06:25 indradg afternoon #koha
06:30 magnuse joined #koha
06:33 * magnuse waves
06:35 petter morn magnus!
06:39 dcook hey everyone to whom I haven't yet said hey :)
06:39 reiveune joined #koha
06:39 reiveune hello
06:40 dcook salut :)
06:42 magnuse hei petter
06:42 magnuse hiya dcook and reiveune
06:42 reiveune hi magnuse dcook
06:47 magnuse @wunder boo
06:47 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 13.0°C (8:20 AM CEST on September 02, 2014). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
06:48 magnuse @wunder wellington
06:48 huginn magnuse: Error: No such location could be found.
06:48 magnuse @wunder wellington, nz
06:48 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 13.0°C (6:30 PM NZST on September 02, 2014). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 67%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Rising).
06:48 magnuse heh
06:48 magnuse @wunder tokyo
06:48 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Tokyo, Japan is 28.0°C (3:30 PM JST on September 02, 2014). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 62%. Dew Point: 20.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Steady).
06:48 magnuse gah
06:48 petter hehe, not bad actually
06:49 magnuse at least you're not hugging a radiator?
06:52 dcook @wunder syd
06:52 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 14.0°C (4:30 PM EST on September 02, 2014). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 63%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 29.77 in 1008 hPa (Steady).
06:52 dcook petter: You're in Tokyo?
06:52 * dcook looks outside
06:53 dcook Surely it's nicer than 14... such weird weather this year
06:53 paul_p joined #koha
06:55 petter yes
06:57 petter Here too, weird weather everywhere these days it seems
06:57 dcook Agreed
07:00 Viktor joined #koha
07:01 indradg joined #koha
07:04 magnuse joined #koha
07:05 magnuse *very* weird weather in Bodø this summer: hot and sunny and very little wind
07:05 magnuse hiya Viktor and indradg
07:05 magnuse hiya matts
07:05 matts hi !
07:05 indradg hi back :)
07:06 indradg @wunder Kolkata
07:06 huginn indradg: The current temperature in Kolkata, India is 26.0°C (12:20 PM IST on September 02, 2014). Conditions: Thunderstorms and Rain. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 25.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Steady).
07:08 Viktor Hi magnuse
07:09 Viktor And good morning (change to greeting relevant for your timezone) to all!
07:44 cait joined #koha
07:45 cait hi #koha
07:45 magnuse kia ora cait
07:45 cait hm trying to make a custom sugg status show up in 3.16.2
07:45 cait does that work for someoneß
07:48 cait hi magnuse
07:50 cait @later tell gmcharlt - can you please consider 10519 for 3.16?
07:50 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
07:52 Hopla joined #koha
07:53 Hopla Hey Koha
07:54 Hopla i have 4 files who duppplicate themselves (the cataloging source field and the title) if i delete it and reopen it comes back ... anny tips ?
07:56 indradg Hopla: the deleted records do not seem to be deleted?
07:57 Hopla wel it are imported records from Z39.50 and they seem to duplicate sertain fields
07:58 Hopla if i cleabn it up they come back
07:58 Hopla i have 2 cataloging source ... try to delete one but it returns
08:00 Hopla i do save them but on reentering the 2nd field is back
08:00 Hopla i had one with more dupplicates also
08:14 Viktor joined #koha
08:38 akafred joined #koha
09:08 indradg joined #koha
09:19 indradg @seen eythian
09:19 huginn indradg: eythian was last seen in #koha 3 hours, 27 minutes, and 25 seconds ago: <eythian> there's a whole series of videos, they're very funny
09:22 indradg @later tell eythian you might like to answer that[…]ember/040654.html :-)
09:22 huginn indradg: The operation succeeded.
09:28 Viktor joined #koha
09:32 paul_p joined #koha
11:03 khall joined #koha
11:04 carmenh joined #koha
11:45 tcohen joined #koha
11:45 kmlussier joined #koha
11:48 jcamins tcohen: it's all your fault that my mate is cold.
11:48 jcamins :)
11:52 oleonard joined #koha
11:58 oleonard Hi #koha
11:59 meliss joined #koha
12:02 collum joined #koha
12:03 francharb joined #koha
12:13 barton joined #koha
12:25 tcohen joined #koha
12:26 tcohen morning!
12:26 wahanui morning is a state of the cait
12:33 NateC joined #koha
12:46 druthb joined #koha
12:47 edveal joined #koha
12:48 carmenh joined #koha
12:53 francharb Hello all
12:55 francharb Has someone noticed that every search box in master's pro interface  fall back on the catalogue search ?
12:55 francharb I just updated my installation and noticed it
12:56 francharb cait, ^
12:58 oleonard I don't have that problem francharb
12:58 francharb hum...
12:58 francharb I'm on master branch
12:58 tcohen hi francharb
13:00 francharb oleonard, thanks I'm going to dig deaper
13:00 magnuse francharb: were the templates updated as well?
13:00 francharb I think so magnuse
13:00 magnuse ah
13:00 francharb I'm going to check
13:00 * magnuse gotta run
13:00 francharb I have a meeting. I'll check all this after
13:01 francharb If I'm the only one, the problem is my side. Ouf!
13:01 francharb :)
13:16 cma joined #koha
13:17 ColinC joined #koha
13:29 jwagner joined #koha
13:32 ztajoli joined #koha
13:43 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12205: (regression tests) HoldsInNoissuesCharge controls GetMemberAccountBalance... <[…]9c98c86ff86e478be> / Bug 12205: DBRev <[…]79eee16d264ca281e> / Bug 12205 : Add a system preference allowing hold charges to block circ <http://git.koha-com
13:48 paul_p joined #koha
13:54 paul_p joined #koha
13:57 mtompset joined #koha
13:57 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
13:58 tcohen hi mtompset
13:59 mtompset Greetings, tcohen.
14:00 talljoy joined #koha
14:08 mtompset Does anyone (read oleonard or some other expert) know how to tell which version of TinyMCE we have in Koha?
14:09 mtompset Because I'd like to submit a bug report: language="javascript" is obsolete.
14:09 oleonard mtompset: Besides looking at the files themselves, you can load a page like and click the ? icon in the editor toolbar
14:09 oleonard Answer: 3.5.8
14:10 oleonard Current version is 4.1.4
14:11 mtompset Okay.
14:11 mtompset Thanks for the tip, oleonard.
14:11 mtompset oleonard++ # handy, dandy info.
14:13 rocio joined #koha
14:41 ashimema somthing tells me there's a dev meeting soon?
14:41 tcohen 19 minutes
14:43 ashimema I thought I'd manage to miss it.
14:43 ashimema it's been one of those days today..
14:43 ashimema how are you tcohen?
14:44 tcohen i'm fine ashimema
14:44 tcohen been thinking on our testing framework
14:46 ashimema oh?
14:46 ashimema related to the testbuilder discussion?
14:46 tcohen oh, i recall rangi asked that the meetings are listed in a specific wiki page
14:47 tcohen i think we are not testing side effects at all
14:47 ashimema the wiki in it's current form isn't especially usefull to be honest.
14:48 tcohen and they should be run in a random order
14:48 ashimema having said that though..[…]_2_September_2014
14:48 ashimema there's todays meeting in wiki form.
14:48 ashimema I agree.. it's great that we're getting better test coverage.. but I'm really not sure how good our tests actually are as yet ;)
14:49 ashimema I would far rather see the data used for testing begin completely randomised.. so we know that feature don't jsut work for a very specific case.
14:50 ashimema that bug I got you to run the tests for the other day was a prime example of badly written lagacy tests in my mind
14:50 tcohen tests should not depend on any data on the DB
14:50 tcohen jenkins should start with just kohastructure
14:50 ashimema I also agree..
14:51 tcohen that raises the barrier, thou
14:51 cait i agree about just kohastructure
14:51 cait i think it also makes you realize what is needed
14:52 tcohen we need a methodology
14:52 tcohen :-D
14:52 ashimema testbuilder would help some way in lowering the barrier again..
14:52 tcohen understand what we need to test
14:52 ashimema but there's a big dissagreement on it.
14:52 tcohen and what are we test5ing
14:52 tcohen we are doing integration tests against a DB
14:53 tcohen ideally, all DB interaction should be mocked
14:53 ashimema I totally agree..
14:53 tcohen and have proper db access layer tests
14:53 tcohen can we have that?
14:53 tcohen not sure
14:53 tcohen how long it will take
14:53 ashimema though rangi did sell me on the idea of really every test should be written to run in both modes.. with and without the db..
14:54 ashimema else you may miss db related breakages.. for instance when the schema changes slightly
14:54 tcohen my feeling is that testbuilder has a good point on having both approaches considered
14:54 tcohen if we have randomized data
14:54 ashimema tesbuilder is a bad name for that module as it stands..
14:54 ashimema it should be called datagenerator or somthing..
14:55 tcohen we can rename it and preserve yohann's attribution
14:55 ashimema it simply adds randomized data to the database for you.. it does not go any way towards mocking
14:55 ashimema indeed we can..
14:55 ashimema but there was a vocal push back on it from a number of developer..
14:55 ashimema I'd like to get some more of them on side ;)
14:55 mtompset Did we actually start the meeting already?!
14:55 ashimema not yet..
14:55 cait you seemed so busy
14:55 ashimema we're just debating mtompset ;)
14:56 cait and it's still 5 mins
14:56 cait hm is there a nice way to see from a commit which version includes it in git?
14:56 cait like show the last tag or something?
14:57 mtompset Actually, I like the notion of randomized data, but not just randomized. I want comprehensive.
14:57 ashimema there are two reasons I stopped looking at TestBuilder tcohen.. I couldn't work out what the followup schema dbic related patch was meant to do and how it related to another bug.. and I was still working out for myself whether I agree with the principle of it overall ;)
14:57 BigRig joined #koha
14:57 tcohen i don't agree with the principle
14:57 tcohen :-D
14:58 tcohen but i see it as a shortcut
14:58 tgoat joined #koha
14:58 tcohen assuming we cannot have people working on duplicating everything
14:58 ashimema I'd almost prefer a contribution to Test::DBIx::Class::Factory that added the foreign key populating stuff that's missing.. rather than us inventing a new wheel again.
14:58 tcohen because, lets be honest, we don't spend a lot of time on writing unit tests
14:59 * tcohen agrees
14:59 cait hm not sure - it feels to get a lot more :)
14:59 ashimema It's only when I started looking at this bug I found /t/lib/ to start with to be honest..
14:59 ashimema if i'de fund that earlier my shib test would have been easier to write ;)
14:59 tcohen which bug?
14:59 tcohen ah
15:00 ashimema Bug 10298
15:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10298 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, t::lib::Mocks tries to deal with syspref but doesn not manage to
15:00 cait meeting time? who chairs? :)
15:00 ashimema for the stuff I'm talking about..
15:00 ashimema the t/lib/ seems a nice module to have.. though it's still very small..
15:01 * tcohen is interested on that ashimema
15:01 ashimema we can discuss after//as part of the meeting ;)
15:01 tcohen i remember being hammered for proposing unit test writing guidelines ;)
15:01 ashimema cait.. your so good at chairing ;)
15:01 * ashimema smiles nicely at cait
15:01 * mtompset agrees with ashimema. :)
15:01 tcohen cait: you're the best
15:02 cait someone has me a link to the agenda then?
15:02 tcohen[…]_2_September_2014
15:02 * cait demands to be paid in cookies :)
15:02 cait and well written test plans
15:02 * ashimema get baking
15:02 Dyrcona joined #koha
15:03 mtompset my $Plate4Cait = CGI::Cookie->new();
15:03 cait #startmeeting Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 1
15:03 huginn Meeting started Tue Sep  2 15:03:04 2014 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
15:03 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:03 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 1)
15:03 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'koha_developer_irc_meeting_​_2_september_2014___part_1'
15:03 ashimema there are a bunch of 'extra' topic on the trello.. but I suggest we stick to the wiki agenda to start with.
15:03 cait welcome :)
15:03 cait #topic Introductions
15:03 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
15:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 1)
15:03 cait please introduce yourself like wahanui with #info
15:03 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany, QAM
15:03 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-Europe, QA Team
15:03 ztajoli #info Zeno Tajoli, CINECA (Italy)
15:03 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba
15:03 mtompset #info Mark Tompsett, Canada
15:03 ColinC #info Colin Campbell, PTFS Europe, UK
15:04 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, BibLibre, France
15:04 cait #topic RM 3.18 comments
15:04 Topic for #koha is now RM 3.18 comments (Meeting topic: Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 1)
15:04 druthb #info D Ruth Bavousett, in and out, no one of any importance
15:04 cait handing over to tcohen :)
15:04 atheia joined #koha
15:05 tcohen hi
15:05 wahanui bonjour, tcohen
15:05 atheia hello
15:05 wahanui hello, atheia
15:05 tcohen i've started pushing new features that were sitting on the PQA queue
15:05 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries
15:05 tcohen notably SRU
15:06 atheia #info Alex Sassmannshausen, PTFS Europe, UK
15:06 ashimema tcohen++
15:06 tcohen i'd also like to mention that i've been working on retrieving facets from zebra
15:06 cait tcohen++
15:06 tcohen which is already functional, but i'm missing unit tests for it
15:06 cait yay!
15:06 * ashimema has tested tcohens zebra faceting.. so far so good..
15:06 cait ashimema: is it speedy?
15:06 tcohen what i've got so far is here:[…]facets_from_zebra
15:07 Joubu (tcohen: arf, too bad, you didn't win beers :p)
15:07 tcohen once i have unit tests for it, i'll attach to bz
15:07 ashimema It 'feels' quicker.. but I've not yet done any proper measurements..
15:07 tcohen Joubu: i have time, until thursday
15:07 tcohen :-D
15:07 cait why thursday?
15:07 ashimema It also feels like it's giving more relevant facets to me.. but i'm no librarian.. was going to ask a customer to take a look
15:07 * jcamins waves.
15:07 tcohen its a super secret bet i put
15:08 jcamins #info Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services
15:08 cait ashimema++ too
15:09 tcohen i expect people related to Search code to step in
15:09 mtompset I will definitely test 11232 once you post it all up and good. :)
15:09 tcohen other thing that i'm worried about is the UTF-8 work, but we have space to discuss later
15:09 mtompset Because it will affect how we hide things. :)
15:09 reiveune bye
15:09 reiveune left #koha
15:10 cait hm bit late but
15:10 cait #info agenda[…]_2_September_2014
15:11 cait #info tcohen has working code for retrieving facets from zebra, will write unit tests until Thursday
15:11 tcohen hi jcamins
15:11 cait move on?
15:11 tcohen ok, moving on
15:11 tcohen ^^^^^ that
15:11 cait #topic Cleanup UTF-8
15:11 Topic for #koha is now Cleanup UTF-8 (Meeting topic: Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 1)
15:11 tcohen Joubu
15:12 Joubu hum?
15:12 cait what's the status? :)
15:12 Joubu I don't have something new to tell
15:12 tcohen what is the current status?
15:12 wahanui i guess the current status is "Failed QA"
15:12 tcohen ok
15:12 ztajoli I can say that Paola Rossi and I we have finish to test it
15:12 Joubu tcohen: the status is needs signoff
15:12 cait #info Bug 11944 Cleanup Koha UTF-8
15:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
15:13 cait #link​illa3/show_bug.cgi?id=11944
15:13 ztajoli the result is on the wiki
15:13 cait #info wiki page:[…]F8_in_development
15:13 Joubu (still signoff by dpavlin and ztajoli)
15:13 ztajoli[…]F8_in_development
15:13 tcohen ok, so RM comments on this
15:13 cait ztajoli: can you sign off or are there specific problems to be solved still?
15:14 ztajoli We do the test using biblibre specific git branch.
15:14 bag morning
15:14 wahanui morning is a state of cat
15:15 tcohen the patches are working
15:15 ztajoli We can sign-off with master for last test if is all OK
15:15 cait ztajoli: you said finished testing - is it signed off or failed qa? :)
15:15 tcohen involved people have extensibly tested the results
15:15 ztajoli In my opinion is 'signed off' as result
15:15 tcohen can we have it signed off?
15:15 ztajoli but it a wide change
15:16 tcohen gmcharlt: around?
15:16 Joubu tcohen: I am not it is relevant to add the SO status on all the patches
15:16 Joubu I maitain the branch, it's up-to-date. It's easier to maintain that the patches on the bug report
15:16 cait ... support call :(
15:16 kmlussier left #koha
15:17 Joubu The patches should be pushed to master quickly. If we wait 1month before the 3.18 release, it will be too late and too dangerous (too late to fix bugs).
15:17 ztajoli So, I don't know what to do now
15:19 Joubu ztajoli: you can switch the status to signoff, don't update the patches.
15:19 tcohen has anyone thought on how to have regression tests for this?
15:19 tcohen that is my main concern
15:19 ashimema I was about to ask that tcohen..
15:19 ztajoli But to do QA ?
15:19 Joubu no, I don't know
15:19 tcohen i volunteered to do something about it, but didn't manage to have the time
15:19 ashimema do we need to introduce any further processes to qa.. or the coding guidelines to ensure we don't hit this issue again.
15:20 Joubu ashimema: we should add use cgi -utf8
15:20 Joubu easy to add to the qa script
15:20 gmcharlt OK
15:20 tcohen I think C4::Templates should be tested somehow
15:21 gmcharlt as far as testing is concerned ... what we need is testing via LWP::UserAgent or the equivalent
15:21 ashimema Joubu.. that was exactly the sort of answer i was hoping for ;)
15:21 gmcharlt that automates passing and receiving text and verifies that it comes back with appropriate coding
15:22 ColinC If adding a use cgi -utf8 be clear on the cases where you definitely do not want to use that
15:23 tcohen gmcharlt: that needs apache running, right?
15:23 gmcharlt yeah, given that we have several places where binary input needs to be uploaded
15:23 gmcharlt tcohen: yes
15:23 * mtompset steps out for 1.5 hours.
15:23 gmcharlt that could be managed either with a self-contained config
15:23 tcohen gmcharlt: should those tests be prepared to be run on jenkins?
15:24 gmcharlt or, for dev machines, perhaps by taking advantage of multiple-Apache-instance support on Deb/Ubuntu
15:24 gmcharlt tcohen: IMO, yes
15:25 tcohen so we need to test plain templates, templates using template plugins
15:25 tcohen pages retireving binary data
15:25 tcohen what else?
15:25 gmcharlt certain function tests
15:26 gmcharlt - searching patrons with/without diacritics
15:26 gmcharlt - search patrons with both NFC and NFD forms
15:26 gmcharlt - collation in SQL query results
15:27 Joubu Unit tests are requested for 2 months and nobody wrote them. So I am not sure we will find someone to write them.
15:27 ashimema silly question.. if we're doing the big db shift to utf8_unicode_ci.. should we not make the jump to utf8mb8_unicode_ci instead?
15:27 ashimema to inlcude the entire character set.. not mysql's abridged one?
15:28 Joubu ashimema: utf8mb8?
15:29 gmcharlt ashimema: not a silly question; at first glance, doing that seems sensible
15:29 gmcharlt Joubu:[…]code-utf8mb4.html
15:29 ashimema Joubu:
15:29 tcohen do we need to test through apache our cgi scripts? can't we just use a sensible IO layer ?
15:29 ashimema in short.. when mysql implimented utf8 first time around.. they got it worng and only included like half the character set..
15:29 ashimema mb4 is the solution to that.
15:30 gmcharlt Joubu: I will write tests; I realize I have been saying that all summer, but I /do/ want to get the improvements into 3.18 and will work to make that happen
15:30 gmcharlt tcohen: we need full-stack testing, IMO
15:30 tcohen ok
15:30 * tcohen volunteers to help gmcharlt
15:30 Joubu gmcharlt: Are you sure we need UT before pushing the patches?
15:31 Joubu if we need UT to catch regression, we can wait for UT
15:31 Joubu if the changes are pushed, all developers will catch errors
15:33 BigRig_ joined #koha
15:33 ashimema #info gmcharlt & tcohen are going to write some tests for utf8 regressions
15:34 ashimema caits on the phone so isn't moving the meeting forward at the minute..
15:34 cait sorry had a call to answer - do i have to do something? reading back as fast as I can
15:34 ashimema is there anything to agree on regarding the above then.. or shall we move on.
15:34 tcohen i'll resign my beers jcamins, to have some time for the utf8 unit tests
15:34 ashimema cait your back..
15:34 * ashimema hans back the reighns
15:35 ztajoli So I put the bug 11944 as 'Signed OFF'
15:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
15:35 ztajoli QA based on biblibre branch
15:35 gmcharlt Joubu: tcohen and I are in a sidebar conversation about timing, one moment
15:36 ashimema :)
15:36 ztajoli If it ok, insert in master to test
15:37 cait #action gmcharlt will write unit tests
15:37 tcohen we will set a deadline of 9/19 for this work
15:38 tcohen ok?
15:38 tcohen Joubu: ?
15:38 Joubu tcohen: You are the RM :)
15:39 cait 9/19?
15:39 wahanui 0.473684210526316
15:39 cait september 19
15:39 ashimema 19/09/2014
15:39 ashimema sounds good to me tcohen..
15:39 cait the deadline is for unit tests?
15:39 ashimema info it cait.. then they can't forget ;)
15:39 tcohen cait: yes
15:39 cait #info deadline for utf-8 unit tests is 19 September
15:39 ztajoli In same time anyone do generic QA on the patch ?
15:40 cait I don't have the time currently - probably not much time the next 2 weeks
15:40 cait or a bit longer
15:40 ashimema I'll take a look at qa on it.. to start with anyways..
15:40 ashimema I'm quietly coersing cait to collaborate on qa for it in another window ;)
15:41 cait #action ashimema will start QA on it
15:41 ashimema just me then..
15:41 * cait doesn't see another window
15:41 cait :P
15:41 cait #action cait will try to help, but won't have much time the next 2 weeks or a bit longer
15:41 ashimema the misses won't like me much.. think it's gonna have to reside as an evenings job.. but certainly important one to get in.
15:42 * cait thinks we should send the misses cookies
15:42 ashimema shall we move on
15:42 cait do we have something for the coding guidelines?
15:42 cait #topic Additions to coding guidelines
15:42 Topic for #koha is now Additions to coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 1)
15:42 tcohen 2 spaces for tt files :-P
15:43 * cait hasn't seen that
15:43 cait if noone has a proposition, can we move on to the next topic? ;)
15:43 tcohen move on
15:43 cait #topic Bugs
15:43 Topic for #koha is now Bugs (Meeting topic: Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 1)
15:44 Joubu ashimema: problems can be on search results (facets, resort, etc.)
15:44 cait anyone wants to talk about his/her favourite bug? :)
15:44 ashimema Cheers Joubu.. i'll pay special attention to those
15:44 cait you can also do so in the next topic :)
15:44 tcohen i'd like to mention bug 12788, which solves a regression on 3.16
15:44 Joubu cait: certainly.
15:44 wahanui certainly is confusing.. thanks for bringing ashimema's attention to it.
15:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12788 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Refine search displays 4xx fields from authority records
15:45 Joubu We should fix the issue about marc mod template
15:45 Joubu but I am asking for 10 months
15:45 * Joubu stops to complain
15:45 cait #info bug 12788 SO - Refine search displays 4xx fields from authority records
15:45 tcohen which bug is that Joubu
15:45 cait i think marcelr started but then got stuck somewhere
15:45 cait what's the current status?
15:45 wahanui well, the current status is "Failed QA"
15:46 Joubu cait: NQA
15:46 ashimema cait: you wanted to promote bug 10212
15:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10212 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Columns configuration for tables
15:46 cait heh yes
15:47 ashimema i.e. lets get developers using the column configuration stuff more widely
15:47 Joubu I sent patches for bugs in architecture/plumbing. The need signoff.
15:47 cait Joubu: coudl you send me a reminder about the bug numbers? or leave a comment on the first one?
15:47 ashimema not sure how to achieve this
15:48 Joubu cait: 11395 and others
15:48 cait i think letting people knwo it's there is a first step
15:48 Joubu ashimema: I will try to integrate the columns conf for tables in the acq module on rewriting the tax stuff.
15:48 cait Joubu: i made a note
15:48 ashimema hmm.. maybe add reference to it on the datatables wiki page.
15:49 ashimema :) yeay Joubu
15:49 cait ashimema: that a good idea
15:49 ashimema I'll do that cait.
15:49 cait a note to the devle list maybe too?
15:49 cait i think it will only be useful when we start using it for other tables besides currencies :)
15:49 cait acq will be great
15:50 ashimema[…]/DataTables_HowTo is the page I'm going to add to
15:50 ashimema any dbic experts care to weight in on bug 11518
15:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11518 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Add new method to Koha::Schema::Result::Item that will always return the correct itemtype
15:50 cait #action ashimema is going to add a note about Columns configuration (bug 10212) to the wiki ([…]DataTables_HowTo)
15:50 Joubu I need feedbacks on bug 12826
15:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12826 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , GST / VAT rewrite - plumbing
15:50 ashimema the last followup patches..
15:51 ashimema the also affect bug 12603 I beleive
15:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12603 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, yohann.dufour, Signed Off , TestBuilder - Module to simplify the writing of tests
15:52 Joubu Something else, I am going to wake bug 11926 up
15:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11926 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Render community koha statistic usages
15:52 cait ok, i am getting a bit lost about teh #info s - please add one yourself for those  i missed
15:52 Joubu I would like to know if some companies/libraries is candidate for testing it
15:53 Joubu #info Feedback needed on bugs 11518, 12826 and 12603
15:54 ashimema I'm keen on 11926 Joubu.. but would need to discus with some customers/colleagues first regarding data collection policies
15:55 Joubu ashimema: It can be anonymous
15:55 ztajoli I plan to test GST / VAT.
15:55 ashimema Indeed.. but I still need to check that it's ok to collect such data at all..
15:56 Joubu ashimema: the data will be pref values, library name (or not), volumetry (patrons, records)
15:56 ztajoli As I see the first to sign-off is 12827
15:56 Joubu ashimema: yes, of course :)
15:56 ashimema :)
15:57 ztajoli Generaly speaking we can work on 'sign-off'
15:57 ashimema cait.. I think you also wnated to raise a question about bug 11625 adn bug 11747
15:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11625 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, In Discussion , Default to logged in library for circ rules and notices & slips
15:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11747 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, In Discussion , Default to logged in library for Overdue notice/status triggers
15:57 cait ashimema: maybe better for the next meeting :)
15:57 ashimema regarding 'default select branch' and how it should be handled?
15:58 cait ztajoli: does paola have a nickname?
15:58 Joubu ztajoli: Actually it's the most important bottleneck!
15:58 ztajoli no
15:58 cait ztajoli++, paola++ :)
15:58 cait yep sign offs are quite important
15:58 cait please keep up the good work
15:59 Joubu ztajoli: Paole does a wonderful job on signoff
15:59 ashimema serverside handling of datatables..
15:59 ztajoli Paole doesn't like to be present on chat
15:59 cait ztajoli: please tell her we love her work :)
15:59 ztajoli So I speak also for here
15:59 Joubu (Paola, sorry)
15:59 ashimema tcohen, Joubu.. do either of you have any thoughts on standardising where code should live?
15:59 ztajoli No problem if you write her
16:00 tcohen ashimema: elaborate?
16:00 Joubu ashimema: yes please :)
16:00 ashimema currently but 9811 puts the backend code for the datatables ajax code in one place.. and bug 11703 puts it in a completely different place..
16:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11703 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Convert checkouts table to ajax datatable
16:00 ashimema it's hard to qa such a thing withough a rule to refer to in the guidelines somewhere.
16:01 ashimema C4/Utils/Datatables and /srv are the two places so far i've spotted this issue.
16:01 Joubu ashimema: C4::Utils::Datatables uses a script in svc
16:01 ashimema (we have similar problems for the api for instance).. but I thought I'd try and grab the datatables one before either plce become to prevatlent.
16:01 Joubu svc/members/search
16:01 tcohen all business logic should be packaged and testable
16:02 tcohen endpoint/routing code should be clean and unimportant in terms of complexity
16:04 ashimema I think maybe save that debate for the next meeting..
16:04 * cait tends to agree
16:04 Joubu ashimema: does your question only about DT ?
16:04 ashimema There's a bunch of stuff still to discuss in the dev meeting trello board..
16:04 ashimema in this case it was only about DT..
16:05 tcohen ok, i have to leave
16:05 ashimema but there's the more general cases out there..
16:05 cait i think we need to wrap up for tody
16:05 cait tcohen: when for the next meeting?
16:05 tcohen there's a lot to talk about in the pipe
16:05 tcohen next week
16:05 wahanui hmmm... next week is project week
16:05 cait forget next week
16:05 wahanui cait: I forgot next week
16:05 ashimema same time next week ;)
16:05 tcohen the next otherwise
16:05 cait ok... same day?
16:05 * tcohen agrees
16:05 tcohen same day/time
16:06 cait #topic Agree on time for next meeting
16:06 Topic for #koha is now Agree on time for next meeting (Meeting topic: Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 1)
16:06 cait that would be september 9th, 15 + 22
16:06 cait UTC
16:06 Joubu +1
16:06 ztajoli +1
16:07 cait #agreed Next meeting will be (given agreement from second meeting today) - September 9th, 15 + 22 UTC
16:07 cait #endmeeting
16:07 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.16.3 is available! Next general meeting is 13 and 14 August 2014 at 22:00 and 15:00 UTC. Welcome to the IRC home of Koha Please use for pastes.
16:07 huginn Meeting ended Tue Sep  2 16:07:05 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
16:07 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-09-02-15.03.html
16:07 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]4-09-02-15.03.txt
16:07 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]02-15.03.log.html
16:07 ColinC +1
16:07 cait sorry again for getting distracted by the phone call - and thx ashimema++ for helping out
16:08 Joubu Did someone have a look at bug 12830? I introduce a new module for order: Koha::Acquisition::Order. Does it make sense for everyone?
16:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12830 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move the order-related code into its own module
16:09 Joubu cait: How can I "freeze" the vat spec? I don't know if everybody had a look... :-/
16:09 ztajoli I have check VAT spec and for us is OK
16:10 ztajoli on bug 12830, I have the same opinon of Colin: Good stuff breaking down C4::acquisition into more manageable parts
16:11 cait sorry Joubu, need to leave
16:11 cait maybe ashimema can help with the wiki
16:11 cait colin suggested a different way to handle the fields, maybe add a comment on that?
16:11 cait i need to run, bbl
16:13 cait left #koha
16:13 ashimema I'm not sure we have the plugins in our mediaiwki to lock a page..
16:14 ztajoli Bye to all
16:14 ztajoli left #koha
16:16 Joubu Have to go too, see you tomorrow
16:21 Joubu bug 12669 needs additional POV too
16:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12669 major, P5 - low, ---, rolando.isidoro, Signed Off , "Template process failed: undef error - Invalid local time for date in time zone"
16:21 Joubu qa pov
16:23 pianohacker joined #koha
16:27 ColinC left #koha
16:44 atheia left #koha
16:57 bag[…]library-donation/
16:57 cait joined #koha
16:57 * bag just posting cause I think it's pretty cool and important project
17:00 wnickc joined #koha
17:03 * cait waves
17:38 indradg joined #koha
18:23 jmsasse joined #koha
18:28 wnickc is there any way to tell a patron-opac renewal apart from a staff-desk renewal?
18:29 cait hm yes
18:29 cait but it depends a bit on how your koha is configured
18:29 cait sec
18:30 oleonard Are you thinking of the  OpacRenewalBranch system preference cait?
18:30 cait yes :)
18:30 cait thx oleonard
18:31 oleonard wnickc: It records "OPACRenew" instead of a branch code in statistics
18:31 wnickc ah, but we have it set to 'library the item was checked out from'
18:32 wnickc not a big deal just had to check
18:32 wnickc thanks cait and oleonard
18:46 jcamins @wunder 11375
18:46 huginn jcamins: The current temperature in Meadow Lake, New York, New York is 33.4°C (1:50 PM EDT on September 02, 2014). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 45%. Dew Point: 20.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Falling).
19:09 tcohen bye #koha
19:16 tgoat left #koha
19:44 rangi morning
19:46 cait morning rangi
20:01 tcohen joined #koha
20:39 mtompset Greetings, rangi cait. :)
20:40 mtompset -- jcamins too. :)
20:40 mtompset I should scroll back and see what I missed.
20:41 cait hi mtompset
20:54 tcohen_ joined #koha
20:56 tcohen hi kiwis
21:00 rangi hi tcohen
21:02 tcohen hi rangi
21:08 bag heya tcohen
21:08 tcohen hi bag
21:08 bag rangi:[…]library-donation/
21:09 rangi cool :)
21:11 rangi hmm we need to do something about the ajax circ stuff being slow :(
21:12 cait yeah - also some outstanding bugs
21:14 bag hmm yeah that's a bummer - all it does is speed up the circ time if the person hads loads of accountlines, of circs, or holds
21:14 rangi yeah and slows it down in most other cases :(
21:15 bag yes circ is slow
21:15 bag ajax datatables will not help that
21:15 bag we need pianohacker to submit his work :D
21:15 bag go pianohacker go :)
21:16 rangi if we could get the base case as fast as before, then it would be an overall improvement, same as before for normal circ, faster for big borrowers
21:16 rangi and then the fully faster one for 3.18 or 3.20 depending on when it gets submitted (ie we still need to fix it for 3.16)
21:16 cait i am not sure it was a good decision to put it in a maint release
21:16 cait it worried me quite a bit
21:17 cait worries
21:17 bag rangi: hopefully for 3.18 we are able to load it all on plack
21:17 rangi im sure it can be fixed, and yes that will help a lot
21:17 rangi someone needs to test the patches submitted and sign off tho (cant be catalyst)
21:17 bag yeah the thing is that you should still be able to circ - even if the table hasn't loaded?
21:17 rangi yeah, we should be able to make that happen
21:18 bag are you not able to do that?  in my testing of the ajax datatables - I could do things and checkout etc - just had to wait for the tables to catch up
21:18 cait i think if everytime you have a dialog coming up
21:18 cait no
21:18 rangi probably IE is stupid about it too
21:19 rangi its stupid about most things
21:19 cait that's part of the problem, it still reloads the whole page for a lot of things
21:19 cait because not everything is loaded by ajax, jsut the checkouts table, not error messages, warnings etc
21:19 bag right it still loads the tables - it's only a part 1 of a part MANY :P
21:19 bag heh
21:20 bag so it only speeds up some parts - but there are still many parts that still need more
21:21 rangi i think the problem is people are reporting slowdowns .. so we need to address that for 3.16.x
21:21 * cait agrees
21:21 rangi the not speeding everything up is fine, but the slowing things down, on somethign already slow .. something we need to deal with
21:21 bag agreed
21:21 cait there are comments on the blog
21:21 rangi we need to get that person
21:22 cait
21:22 rangi to actually submit a bug, with the steps how to replicate
21:22 cait and 3.16.3 is not very old yet
21:22 rangi cos comments on a blog are pretty much useless
21:22 rangi and i think we should disable comments
21:22 cait agreed, just saying people notice and i also noticed similar in testing
21:22 rangi what we need is a repeatable test case
21:22 rangi then it can be fixed
21:23 bag :)
21:23 bag are you seeing reports in other places?
21:23 rangi its only been released 6 days, id expect to see more over the next few weeks
21:24 bag oh cool - testing patches for 3.16.3    *       9 Christopher Brannon
21:24 bag That's rad!!!
21:24 bag Go christopher :)
21:25 bag cool yeah rangi and cait as you see them - ping me or kyle - we'll jump on that :)
21:25 rangi bag: do you know who looks after the wiki?
21:25 cait i think it#s really hard to report
21:25 cait i saw it too
21:25 cait i wrote it in my ocmments when testing the dev
21:26 cait but how do you describe: it feels slow
21:26 rangi there are tools to time in a browser
21:26 rangi like firebug
21:26 cait so you'd do a comparison with and without?
21:26 rangi yeah
21:26 rangi[…]ges&days=30&from=
21:26 rangi its filling up with spam but i dunno who to contact
21:27 bag rangi: I think that's nekls that is hosting that site
21:27 rangi maybe heather then
21:27 bag I would guess heather or ryan
21:27 bag ryan snipes iirc
21:28 pianohacker working on it bag :)
21:28 bag AH there he is
21:28 bag pianohacker: ajax circ please :P
21:28 bag :D
21:28 cait bag: there is also a known bug about it not showing overdues in red in firefox
21:29 bag @later tell khall bag: there is also a known bug about it not showing overdues in red in firefox
21:29 huginn bag: The operation succeeded.
21:29 cait but that's the only one i am aware of right now - i think i also added one for showing lost in checkouts - but not sure it did that before, so that might be an enh
21:29 bag @later tell khall bag: there is also a known bug about it not showing overdues in red in firefox - that's for ajax datatables
21:29 wahanui okay, bag.
21:29 huginn bag: The operation succeeded.
21:29 cait khall knows - he was the one who found it worked in chromium but not in firefox
21:29 cait something mystic about date objects
21:30 cait he lost me there
21:30 bag :)
21:30 bag that is kyle :)
21:30 bag get him a butter knife
21:30 cait lol
21:30 bag one of my favorite things to do - is to make cait laugh :D
21:30 bag cait++
21:32 cait heh i need that
21:32 cait i failed to solve one of my asignments :(
21:32 cait for the distance study course
21:32 cait giving up on it for tonight
21:32 cait good night all
21:33 cait don't forget the meeting in half an hour ;)
21:33 cait left #koha
21:33 bag oh man too slow
21:33 bag good night cait
21:33 bag cait++
21:37 tcohen xsl that generates xsl out of xml, is... just...
21:37 tcohen *creepy?
22:02 rangi hmm meeting time?
22:02 wahanui i guess meeting time is always going to favour one section of the globe
22:04 tcohen yes
22:05 tcohen sorry, i was busy
22:05 tcohen shall we?
22:05 rangi yep
22:05 tcohen #startmeeting Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 2
22:05 huginn Meeting started Tue Sep  2 22:05:51 2014 UTC.  The chair is tcohen. Information about MeetBot at
22:05 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
22:05 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 2)
22:05 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'koha_developer_irc_meeting_​_2_september_2014___part_2'
22:06 rangi #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst IT
22:06 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba
22:07 tcohen #info agenda is[…]_2_September_2014
22:07 tcohen #topic RM 3.18 comments
22:07 Topic for #koha is now RM 3.18 comments (Meeting topic: Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 2)
22:08 rangi kinda on topic
22:08 tcohen As I said earlier, i've started pushing new features that are already on PQA queue
22:08 tcohen heh
22:08 tcohen yeah
22:08 rangi there are still 2 patches that need sign off
22:08 rangi 12655 12657
22:08 rangi for the prog/ccsr deprecation
22:08 rangi the rest are pushed on the MM_OPAC/theme_dep
22:09 tcohen i'll put them on my todo list for tomorrow, thanks rangi
22:10 tcohen ok, I also mentioned that i was working to win a bet
22:10 rangi i think after those two and a couple more days testing we should be ready to merge that
22:10 rangi cool
22:10 tcohen i mean, making facets get retrieved from zebra
22:10 rangi excellent
22:10 tcohen it is already functional
22:10 tcohen code can be checked here[…]facets_from_zebra
22:11 tcohen i'm working on having unit tests for it
22:11 rangi sweet
22:11 tcohen not that difficult, just need time to sit and do it
22:11 tcohen and there's a regression regarding IncludeSeeFromInSearches
22:12 tcohen that has me writing awful stuff (i.e. xsl)
22:12 tcohen ok, that's it, moving on
22:12 tcohen #topic Cleanup Koha UTF-8
22:12 Topic for #koha is now Cleanup Koha UTF-8 (Meeting topic: Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 2)
22:13 tcohen Joubu, dpavlin and zeno have been working on doing things right regarding encoding handling
22:13 rangi cool
22:13 tcohen they made CGI use -utf8, the templates to be set to UTF8, etc
22:13 rangi yep
22:14 tcohen #link[…]F8_in_development
22:14 tcohen they've set a wiki with what they've reached so far
22:14 tcohen and it is complete now
22:14 rangi excellent
22:14 rangi what id do
22:14 rangi and this might be a dumb idea
22:14 tcohen the only missing piece is having a good framework for catching regressions
22:15 rangi is branch master, push the utf8 stuff to master .. push the other branch up
22:15 rangi and apply patches to both branches from now on
22:16 rangi then if we get close to the release and realise the utf8 stuff cant go in .. you dont have to try to revert it all out, you just replace master with the other branch
22:16 rangi because unfortunately
22:16 rangi i dont believe developers will catch all the problems
22:17 rangi so i would be too scared to push it to master without a way to get it back out .. if that makes sense?
22:17 tcohen it makes sense, i'd let us go back
22:17 tcohen on part 1, we have set a deadline to have regression tests
22:17 rangi excellent
22:18 tcohen gmcharlt proposed an approach and I volunteered to help him
22:18 rangi sweet
22:18 tcohen so, until that deadline (19/09)
22:18 tcohen we might put your proposal on hold?
22:19 rangi yeah i wouldnt push it until after the tests
22:19 tcohen btw, any advise/help is welcome
22:19 tcohen ok, moving on?
22:19 rangi yep
22:20 tcohen #topic Additions to Coding Guidelines
22:20 Topic for #koha is now Additions to Coding Guidelines (Meeting topic: Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 2)
22:20 tcohen do u have any coding guideline you'd like to add?
22:20 rangi hmmm not off the top of my head
22:21 tcohen ok, next
22:21 tcohen #topic Bugs
22:21 Topic for #koha is now Bugs (Meeting topic: Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 2)
22:21 tcohen #info rangi mentioned bugs 12655 12657
22:22 tcohen #info they need to get tested so we finally push the CCSR/prog deprecation
22:22 tcohen ok, moving on
22:23 tcohen #topic "Big stuff we are working on"
22:23 Topic for #koha is now "Big stuff we are working on" (Meeting topic: Koha Developer IRC meeting, 2 September 2014 - part 2)
22:23 tcohen you're working on ES, comments on that?
22:24 rangi thats pretty much all eythian now, and he just arrived
22:24 rangi so he might have some comments
22:24 tcohen ok
22:24 eythian hi
22:24 wahanui privet, eythian
22:25 eythian Yeah, ES is back working. Refactoring it to work with authorities at the moment
22:25 eythian i.e. allowing them to be indexed and searched.
22:25 eythian one of these days I'll put up a demo server for experimentation.
22:30 tcohen #info eythian will put a demo server for people to test ES
22:30 tcohen some day :-D
22:32 tcohen ok, next meeting is scheduled next week same day/time
22:32 tcohen agreed?
22:32 tcohen we ahve a big agenda
22:33 rangi yep, sounds good
22:34 tcohen end meeting then
22:34 tcohen #agreed next meeting is scheduled for next weke
22:34 tcohen #endmeeting
22:34 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.16.3 is available! Next general meeting is 13 and 14 August 2014 at 22:00 and 15:00 UTC. Welcome to the IRC home of Koha Please use for pastes.
22:34 huginn Meeting ended Tue Sep  2 22:34:59 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
22:34 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-09-02-22.05.html
22:34 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]4-09-02-22.05.txt
22:34 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]02-22.05.log.html
22:55 tcohen #koha, please don't flood the dev meetings, that's not polite :-P
22:55 rangi hmm?
22:56 tcohen joking
22:58 rangi ah :)
23:04 dcook One of these days I'll make one..
23:19 papa joined #koha
23:28 indradg joined #koha
23:30 indradg eythian, I  almost *knew* that answer, but it's best to hear it from the horse's mouth ;-)
23:30 eythian heh
23:31 eythian hi papa
23:31 papa hi there!
23:31 indradg i do know why Vimal is looking for squeeze-dev
23:31 eythian oh yeah?
23:33 indradg i had requested him to check out 12815, as he is a native speaker of Malayalam (an indian language), he asked me for squeeze-dev package
23:33 indradg he couldn't get git install to work
23:34 eythian ah right
23:48 rocio left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary