IRC log for #koha, 2014-07-10

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:22 dcook Maybe I'll work for a few minutes and then go get stuff..
00:24 jburds_ joined #koha
00:26 dcook Well that was the wrong window
00:29 papa joined #koha
00:53 dcook "# finished authentification, now respond"
00:53 dcook One of my favourite parts of
00:54 papa joined #koha
00:55 eythian authentification isn't even a word
00:56 dcook Hmmm
00:56 dcook http://english.stackexchange.c[…]ation-a-real-word
00:57 dcook I never thought about it as being a French word
00:57 dcook Just a misspelled English word
00:57 dcook The mix of if, elsif, and one unless made me think of you though eythian
00:57 eythian heh
00:58 dcook "Surely we could just put this block higher up in the list as an elsif"
00:58 dcook "No! Let's put it after another elsif as an unless, so people have to read through the code at least three times before they get it."
00:58 * dcook isn't 100% sure he gets it yet
00:59 dcook Hmm, nope. I don't think I understood it after all.
01:00 dcook I thought you could go if, elsif, unless in a chain...but I don't think you can...
01:01 dcook Or at least that's not what it's doing...maybe
01:01 * dcook stares at the code some more
01:01 dcook Mmm I get it now...
01:01 * dcook still grumbles
01:38 rocio left #koha
01:57 JasonBurds joined #koha
01:57 dstephen joined #koha
02:03 chrisvella94 joined #koha
02:07 chrisvella94 joined #koha
03:34 mtompset joined #koha
03:35 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
03:35 mtompset @seen wizzyrea
03:35 huginn mtompset: wizzyrea was last seen in #koha 1 week, 0 days, 4 hours, 43 minutes, and 4 seconds ago: <wizzyrea> could probably take some cues from projects like greenstone
03:51 papa joined #koha
03:58 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
04:40 * wizzyrea waves
04:48 ibeardslee Does from outside NZ who has dealt with the Academy students that think that the Catalyst Open Source Academy is an awesome idea want to nominate it for an award?  ;)
04:48 ibeardslee I assume that wizzyrea and rangi have already done so ;)
04:49 wizzyrea err
05:14 cait joined #koha
05:15 ashimema joined #koha
05:24 laurence joined #koha
05:31 cait goodmorning #koha
05:31 eythian hi cait
05:33 cait hi eythian
05:33 cait how is thursday?
05:33 eythian nearly finished.
05:38 cait can't say that about the one here
05:39 eythian you need faster days.
05:45 dac joined #koha
06:03 cait eythian: they re fast enough for me, thx :)
06:08 eythian you would say that, it's because it's early there and you're clearly addled by the morning.
06:43 sophie_m left #koha
06:46 reiveune joined #koha
06:46 reiveune hello
06:47 sophie_m joined #koha
06:56 yohann joined #koha
06:58 alex_a joined #koha
07:01 lds joined #koha
07:12 khall joined #koha
07:15 fridolin joined #koha
07:15 fridolin hie folks
07:28 atheia joined #koha
07:44 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:44 gaetan_B hello
08:34 khall joined #koha
08:52 alex_a joined #koha
09:07 gerundio joined #koha
09:11 druthb_away joined #koha
09:49 laurence joined #koha
09:52 cait joined #koha
09:52 * cait waves
09:52 marcelr joined #koha
09:52 marcelr hi #koha
09:52 cait hi marcelr .)
09:52 cait thx for looking and fixing the tabs patch
09:52 cait marcelr++
09:52 marcelr np
10:12 jajm_ joined #koha
10:40 fALSO Do you guys know if its possible to change the ZEBRA_MARC_FORMAT after an installation ?
10:55 mtj fALSO: afaik, no
10:56 fALSO Ok
10:56 fALSO Im going to reinstall then again
10:56 fALSO Thanks mtj :)
10:56 mtj no probs :0)
11:19 fALSO Has anyone add this problem ?
11:21 fALSO # koha-create koha
11:21 fALSO failed to load external entity "/etc/koha/sites/koha/koha-conf.xml"
11:21 fALSO yesterday I was able to create an instance correctly this way, now today I cant
11:22 mtj u probably have a 'koha' instance already?
11:22 mtj #  koha-create --create-db koha1
11:23 fALSO nop mtj
11:24 fALSO THANKS!!!
11:27 lds joined #koha
11:28 lds joined #koha
11:30 lds joined #koha
11:32 mtj np
11:32 bgkriegel joined #koha
11:33 marcelr joined #koha
11:36 fALSO Now only one problem remains
11:36 fALSO I did everything by the documentation
11:36 fALSO but this step always fails
11:36 fALSO # koha-rebuild-zebra -f -v fct
11:36 fALSO sudo: sudoers specifies that root is not allowed to sudo
11:36 fALSO Something went wrong rebuilding biblio indexes for fct
11:36 fALSO sudo: sudoers specifies that root is not allowed to sudo
11:36 fALSO Something went wrong rebuilding authority indexes for fct
11:36 wahanui i already had it that way, fALSO.
11:36 wahanui i already had it that way, fALSO.
11:36 paul_p joined #koha
11:36 fALSO Are you guys aware of this bug ?
11:43 cait hm
11:43 cait i haven't run into that yet - what is the version yu are using?
11:43 cait and you are running koha-rebuild-zebra as root?
11:44 tcohen joined #koha
11:51 cait good morning tcohen :)
11:55 meliss joined #koha
11:59 tcohen good morning!
12:00 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
12:00 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Cordoba, Argentina is 1.0°C (8:00 AM ART on July 10, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 0.0°C. Windchill: -2.0°C. Pressure: 30.33 in 1027 hPa (Steady).
12:01 francharb joined #koha
12:17 oleonard joined #koha
12:18 oleonard Hi all
12:20 bgkriegel joined #koha
12:23 jwagner joined #koha
12:28 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:29 collum joined #koha
12:35 cait hi oleonard :)
12:39 nlegrand Hey #koha !
12:42 NateC joined #koha
12:50 barton_away joined #koha
12:55 fALSO cait,  yes
12:55 fALSO cait,  if i do sudo koha-rebuild-zebra i get the same error
12:56 jcamins fALSO: you have sudo set up strangely. There should probably be a line something like: root    ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
12:57 jcamins fALSO: but there isn't.
12:57 jcamins (based on the error)
12:57 fALSO let me check
12:58 jcamins I have never seen anything like that, though, so I can't really say why you would have the problem, or the proper way to address it.
12:58 fALSO I have that line on my sudoers
12:58 jcamins Well, I know how _I_ would address it.
12:58 fALSO # User privilege specification
12:58 fALSO root    ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
12:58 jcamins I'd set up a new server and presume that one compromised.
12:59 Pabloab joined #koha
13:00 fALSO Its a new install jcamins
13:00 fALSO its not compromised
13:01 fALSO its a debian wheezy
13:01 fALSO all the koha-* scripts worked
13:01 fALSO all but this one to rebuild
13:01 jcamins In that case, I'd just assume that I had set up the OS wrong and do it over.
13:02 * jcamins is not a big fan of troubleshooting if there is an option that will lead to a working system faster.
13:02 jcamins As I said, that doesn't really help you.
13:03 jcamins It's not really a Koha problem, though, so you might find something online on Debian support forums.
13:04 fALSO Ok - im going to look into the script to see what it does
13:04 jcamins It runs sudo.
13:04 fALSO with the user that koha-create made ?
13:05 jcamins Yes, but it sounds like sudo isn't working properly regardless. I'd start my troubleshooting with sudo and then once I've figured out what's going on with sudo worry about the Koha script.
13:06 fALSO jcamins,  thainks
13:06 fALSO im going to talk with the sysadmins
13:06 fALSO sudo -u fct-koha
13:06 fALSO sudo: sudoers specifies that root is not allowed to sudo
13:06 wahanui i already had it that way, fALSO.
13:07 fALSO it must be something wrong on the sudoers file... but im not a sysadmin :-P
13:33 gerundio jcamins, FYI the sudoers are set via LDAP
13:33 gerundio the reason that error is thrown is because there no root entry on the LDAP tree
13:33 jcamins gerundio: yeah, definitely unrelated to Koha.
13:33 gerundio yeap
13:34 gerundio but thought of sharing for future reference if someone stumbles into the same issue
13:35 marcelr joined #koha
13:55 cait oleonard: are you around?
13:55 oleonard Yes
13:56 cait do you have a moment for a jquery question i am stuck with?
13:56 oleonard Sure
13:56 cait the library has asked for a search form to search for tags
13:57 cait the tag search links seem to be structured like that: q=search term tag=search term
13:57 cait if you do just q it will do a catalog search instead of searching for the tag and with only tag you get an error, so i need both
13:57 cait but i am not sure how to make that work with one entry form
13:58 cait i tried to add a hidden input field, but I failed figuring out how to set the value of it to the entered search term
13:59 jmsasse joined #koha
14:01 cait oleonard: I tried google... but failed, if you have a hint how you would approach it, that would be helfpul
14:04 * oleonard is testing an idea
14:05 cait cool, thx!
14:06 cait .. hm, and I meant one input field :)
14:07 oleonard What about adding an empty hidden field and doing something like this:
14:07 oleonard $("#q").change(function(){ $("#hidden-input").val($("#q").val()); });
14:07 cait i will try, one second
14:09 cait hm got it wrong i think
14:09 cait i think it needs to trigger when you submit the form maybe?
14:09 cait all jquery i have done so far was onload, not sure how to do that
14:10 cait i changed it on the link i showed you, if you want to take a look
14:10 oleonard $("#your-form-id").submit(function(){ $("#hidden-input").val($("#q").val()); });
14:10 cait ok, found an error
14:12 cait hm also forgot to close the form tag... trying again
14:13 oleonard You'll have to add an id to your new hidden form field and change the JS to match
14:14 cait hm still empty param
14:14 cait currently looks like this:
14:17 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Try this" (2 lines) at
14:19 cait oleonard: where is the hidden-input id?
14:19 cait ok, bit confused, trying
14:19 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12508: Follow up - corrects capitalization <[…]2951df5008824077c> / Bug 12508: adding an error message if a contract cannot be removed <[…]1261121e439263a82>
14:20 oleonard The hidden field has an id of "hiddentag" which is targeted in the jquery with $("#hiddentag")
14:20 cait yes, i messed up ther :) just confused the pastes
14:20 cait thx for helping and fixing!
14:20 cait oleonard++
14:20 cait it works nw :)
14:22 oleonard Great
14:25 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Anyone else getting these test failures?" (10 lines) at
14:25 cait yes
14:25 cait hm well not sure, but i have plugin tests failing
14:26 jcamins No.
14:26 cait on my laptop at home
14:26 tcohen not failing here oleonard
14:26 jcamins You're probably missing a cache library.
14:27 tcohen are you on master oleonard?
14:27 oleonard Yes
14:27 tcohen os?
14:28 tcohen it is not failing on d6, d7, u12 or u14 on jenkins either
14:28 oleonard Ubuntu 12.04
14:29 oleonard says I'm missing  HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench  Data::Pagination  and  HTTP::OAI
14:29 oleonard ...and that  Email::Valid   Test::WWW::Mechanize  and  Archive::Extract  need to be upgraded
14:29 cait hm 3.12.9 shows doubled up entries in search history... i can't update there, but does somene remember if we had a bug like this somewhere? can't find it
14:29 bgkriegel joined #koha
14:30 tcohen du u have the full output for prove -v t/Cache.t?
14:33 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Full output for prove -v t/Cache.t" (20 lines) at
14:34 laurence left #koha
14:36 oleonard Permissions problem writing a temp file?
14:38 tcohen yeap
14:38 tcohen df -h ?
14:39 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "df -h" (7 lines) at
14:40 tcohen no space problem, must be permissions then
14:46 oleonard Okay, working now. Thanks tcohen!
14:50 cait :)
14:53 oleonard khall and Joubu: I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, I thought 4-space indentation was the standard.
14:54 Dyrcona oleonard: tabs: then the use can specify the number of spaces in their editor.
14:54 * Dyrcona runs and hides as the pitchforks approach.
14:54 cait Dyrcona: don't open this can of worms...
14:54 cait oleonard: i think if bootstrap templates are 4 spaces now, that's a good argument
14:55 Dyrcona Too many holy wars; too little time. ;)
14:55 Dyrcona But guidelines are good when multiple people work on code, so carry on.
14:56 JesseM joined #koha
14:56 cait meeting in 5 btw
14:56 cait if i am not confused about timezones again :)
14:57 oleonard That's the time I'm expecting too cait
14:57 Joubu cait: yep, but the bootstrap template is a small % of the total tt lines
14:57 jsasse joined #koha
14:57 Joubu oleonard: I am not trying to impose something, just note that I already sent a lot of patches with 2 spaces (for tt only!)
15:00 yohann left #koha
15:00 cait #startmeeting Koha General IRC Meeting, part 2
15:00 huginn Meeting started Thu Jul 10 15:00:36 2014 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
15:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part 2)
15:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'koha_general_irc_meeting__part_2'
15:00 cait #topic Introductions
15:00 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
15:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part 2)
15:00 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries
15:01 slef #info MJ Ray,, England
15:01 cait please identify yourself with #info
15:01 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
15:01 jwagner #info Jane Wagner, LibLime/PTFS
15:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, BibLibre
15:01 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:01 cait hm forgot the date in the meeting name, not the best start
15:01 jsasse #info Joel Sasse, Plum Creek Library, USA
15:02 bgkriegel #info Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel, Córdoba, Argentina
15:02 cait #topic Announcements
15:02 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part 2)
15:02 cait any announcements? :)
15:03 thd Where will the log go without a date?
15:03 cait from the log of yesterday's meeting: rangi is looking into a nicer way to do documentation, hopefully meaning something web based
15:03 thd s/log/current log/
15:03 cait thd: i think the links will still work in the end, but the file names will be a bit differnt to the first meeting
15:04 cait it automatically includes a date at the end
15:04 cait #info Chris Cormack is investigating an alternative markup language and infrastructure for the manual, such as restructed text
15:04 wahanui i already had it that way, cait.
15:04 gmcharlt #info Galen Charlton, Equinox
15:04 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba
15:04 cait rangi is testing getting running locally for now
15:05 cait anything else?
15:05 cait ok, moing on
15:05 cait #topic Update on maintenance releases
15:05 Topic for #koha is now Update on maintenance releases (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part 2)
15:06 cait #info 3.16.1 released on 27 June
15:06 cait #info 3.14.8 released on 26 June
15:06 cait #info 3.12.13 released on 24 June
15:06 cait rmains? :)
15:07 cait gmcharlt, fridolin, khall?
15:07 gmcharlt 3.16.2 later this month! :)
15:07 khall #info Kyle Hall, Bywater Solutions
15:07 cait ah, i woke him up ;)
15:07 khall heh
15:07 cait ok, moving on?
15:07 AndroUser joined #koha
15:08 cait topic Update on 3.18
15:08 cait #topic Update on 3.18
15:08 Topic for #koha is now Update on 3.18 (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part 2)
15:08 cait tcohen?
15:08 wahanui tcohen is obsessed with packages' scripts
15:08 tcohen no updates for now
15:08 lds quit
15:08 tcohen oh
15:08 tcohen yes
15:08 tcohen sorry
15:08 gmcharlt :)
15:09 tcohen David Cook is willing to work on a uniform API for searching, while he's working on ZEbra / Search rewrite/refactoring
15:09 tcohen the idea is have the ES people on board
15:09 cait we should all be extra nice to him then :)
15:09 tcohen yeah
15:09 cait dcook++
15:10 tcohen jcamins' cookies for dcook
15:10 fridolin cait: what do you mean by update on 3.18 ? the updatedatabase perl script ?
15:10 tcohen news
15:10 cait fridolin: news frm the RM mostly
15:10 tcohen cait: David set a Trello board with the goals and possible roadmap
15:11 fridolin oki
15:11 cait or general ones about things for 3.18
15:11 tcohen it is on the Koha Community organization in Trello
15:11 cait #info David Cook is willing to work on a uniform API for searching, while he's working on Zebra / Search rewrite/refactoring
15:11 cait #info He set a Trello board with goals and a possible road map
15:12 cait gmcharlt: ?
15:12 gmcharlt #info Galen Charlton is calling a GBSD on 23 July for testing of the UTF8 work (bug 11944)
15:12 wahanui i already had it that way, gmcharlt.
15:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
15:12 tcohen gmcharlt++
15:12 gmcharlt wahanui: forget #info Galen Charlton
15:12 wahanui gmcharlt: I forgot #info galen charlton
15:13 cait gmcharlt++
15:14 cait I hope lots of testers for that :)
15:14 Joubu but there are still some bugs
15:14 Joubu on searching
15:14 tcohen Joubu: we'll fix them
15:14 tcohen :-D
15:15 Joubu no it's not a testing day, but a patching day?
15:15 Joubu s/no/so
15:15 reiveune bye
15:15 reiveune left #koha
15:15 tcohen i can be both
15:15 cait I thik maybe both? one group testing and documenting, the other trying to fix?
15:15 gmcharlt Joubu: well, what's is called for - I'm expecting that mroe issues will be identified
15:15 gmcharlt and that maybe some patches will be written
15:15 UintahSam joined #koha
15:15 gmcharlt but I also expect that there will be follow-up work after the GBSD
15:17 Uintahsam joined #koha
15:18 cait ok, moving on
15:18 cait #topic Code of Conduct
15:18 Topic for #koha is now Code of Conduct (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part 2)
15:18 gmcharlt ok
15:18 gmcharlt I've received feedback from two people privately that I will be turning into pull requests
15:18 gmcharlt and thd indicated that he has some points he wants to bring up on the mailnig list
15:19 gmcharlt consequently, in the first part of the meeting I proposed postponing the vote to the August meeting
15:19 cait and the first meeting agreed to it
15:20 rocio joined #koha
15:20 gmcharlt any objections to the postponement from folks here?
15:20 cait :)
15:20 jsasse nope
15:20 cait gmcharlt is typing faster than me today :)
15:20 * gmcharlt has coffee in hand.... RAWR!!!!
15:21 cait heh
15:21 cait fennel tea here... i think i found the problem
15:21 cait ok, quiet
15:21 cait i take that as an agreed
15:21 cait 3.
15:21 cait 2
15:21 cait 1
15:21 cait #agreed To allow more time for discussion and edits, the vote on the Code of Conduct is deferred to the August meeting
15:21 cait moving on
15:21 cait #topic KohaCon 2014
15:21 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon 2014 (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part 2)
15:21 cait tcohen, bgkriegel? :)
15:22 tcohen nothing from me
15:22 cait how is the program going?
15:22 tcohen ah
15:23 tcohen we have set a deadline for submissions
15:23 mtompset joined #koha
15:23 cait deadlines are good
15:23 cait will you send something to the mailing lists?
15:23 tcohen August 31st
15:23 mtompset Is anyone else able to git pull?
15:23 tcohen yes
15:23 mtompset Oops
15:23 gmcharlt tcohen: another question - are you open to remote presentations over videoconference?
15:23 mtompset #info Mark Tompsett
15:24 tcohen we will
15:24 bgkriegel mtompset: not now
15:24 cait #action tcohen will send an email about the deadline of the CfP for KohaCon14 to the mailing list
15:24 tcohen we have received an inquiry from zeno about that
15:24 tcohen we need to do some tests
15:24 cait #info remote presentations over video conference are an option
15:24 tcohen but definitely, if it is worth, we will have videoconferences
15:24 cait #info ... but need some testing
15:25 cait tcohen: can you say something about sponsorship and registrations?
15:25 AndroUser I know that the the NAKUG is in need of more presenters, video conf or otherwise
15:25 tcohen nakug?
15:25 khall North American Koha Users Group
15:26 cait #info NAKUG is in need of more presenters, video conf or otherwise
15:26 tcohen we have set 3 degrees of sponsorship
15:26 khall I would be willing to make a presentation, I had thought the primary goal was round table discussion
15:26 cait #info NAKUG = North American Koha Users Group
15:27 tcohen 1- Main sponsor: US$ 2000.-
15:27 tcohen 2- Sponsor: US$ 1000.-
15:27 tcohen and third, addehrents
15:27 jsasse khall: All presentations are welcome at NAKUG
15:27 tcohen we have much of the costs covered by UNC
15:27 cait NAKUG is North American Koha Users Group
15:28 cait UNC++
15:28 AndroUser Yes, lots of roundtable at nakug, but my institution (uintah co lib) is brand new 2 koha
15:28 AndroUser So some presentations wud b nice
15:28 cait tcohen: is the sponsorship information available somewhere yet?
15:28 tcohen it is not
15:29 tcohen people are approaching us directly
15:29 tcohen we've not been good in writing stuff yet
15:29 * tcohen is really overloaded
15:29 cait let us know if we can help?
15:29 tcohen i asked for help last meeting
15:30 cait oh
15:31 cait ok, moving on?
15:31 tcohen #info any volunteer that can help tcohen and bgkriegel putting more info on the kohacon14 site contact them, directly
15:31 cait :)
15:31 cait #topic Kohacon 2015
15:31 Topic for #koha is now Kohacon 2015 (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part 2)
15:31 cait #link[…]haCon15_Proposals
15:32 cait So far we only got one proposal from Nigeria
15:32 cait #info As of now, we have one bid for Ibadan, Nigeria by Projektlink Konsult Ltd, and an expression of interest but no proposal yet for hosting it in Zambia
15:32 cait last meeting agreed on setting a deadline for the bids
15:32 cait 15 August
15:33 cait can we get a qick poll?
15:33 gmcharlt +1
15:33 cait (+1)
15:33 cait already voted yesterdy i think :)
15:33 jsasse +1
15:34 oleonard +1
15:34 tubaclarinet joined #koha
15:34 tgoat joined #koha
15:34 cait #agreed A deadline of 15 August is set for proposals to host the 2015 conference
15:34 wahanui i already had it that way, cait.
15:34 cait thd volunteered to send an email
15:34 cait #action thd will send an email announcing the deadline
15:35 cait #topic Actions items from previous meeting
15:35 Topic for #koha is now Actions items from previous meeting (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part 2)
15:35 cait copying this from the last meeting's logs :)
15:35 cait #info All action items from the previous meeting have occurred
15:35 cait anythign else before we set the date of the next meeting?
15:35 huginn Announcement from my owner (gmcharlt): WAKE UP!
15:36 cait #topic Set time of next meeting
15:36 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part 2)
15:36 thd I will send that message this evening.
15:36 cait yeah sleepy meeting :)
15:36 gmcharlt thd++
15:36 cait last meeting agreed on
15:36 cait 22 UTC on 13 August and 15 UTC on 14 August
15:36 tcohen thd++
15:36 cait this date ok?
15:36 cait or more: these dates?
15:37 gmcharlt +1
15:37 cait #agreed Next general IRC meeting is scheduled in two parts: 22 UTC on 13 August and 15 UTC on 14 August
15:37 cait #endmeeting
15:37 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.16.1 is available! Next general meeting is 9 and 10 July 2014 at 22:00 and 15:00 UTC. Welcome to the IRC home of Koha Please use for pastes.
15:37 huginn Meeting ended Thu Jul 10 15:37:51 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:37 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-10-15.00.html
15:37 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]4-07-10-15.00.txt
15:37 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]10-15.00.log.html
15:38 cait thx everyone for attending
15:38 mtompset sorry for the interruption, everyone.
15:38 jsasse thx cait for hosting :)
15:40 Joubu gmcharlt: do you have some plans and/or patches for search bugs on bug 11944?
15:40 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
15:41 gmcharlt Joubu: working on them - I have a nice long trip to the mother-in-law next week, when I will have some concentrated time to finish and publish them prior to the GBSD
15:41 thd cait: Sleepy meetings come from sleepy people :)
15:43 jsasse khall: What presentation do you want to do at NAKUG?
15:43 thd cait: Especially, sleepy people trying to do too many tasks at the same time.
15:43 Joubu gmcharlt: ok. Since the patches are on a remote branch, don't hesitate to send them to me or attach them to the bug report. I will integrate them to my branch.
15:43 * jcamins prepares a eulogy for gmcharlt. "Alas, poor gmcharlt, I knew him, Joubu, a fellow of infinite interest in fixing UTF-8 bugs in Koha. Cut low in the prime of his life for spending time with Perl instead of his mother-in-law."
15:44 gmcharlt heh
15:44 gmcharlt time with Perl helps prepare me for time with the MIL
15:44 jcamins So many jokes in poor taste! Must resist!
15:45 khall for anyone who is looking for any easy bug to test and sign off: bug 12550
15:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12550 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Add ability to delay loading of patron's checkouts in circulation and patron details
15:48 smrt joined #koha
15:48 smrt hi does anyone know if it is possible to put a guarantor name on a notice or slip rather than just the "guarantorid"?
15:48 Joubu khall: don't you think it would be better to display the tables on demand?
15:49 Joubu with a link "load checkout table"
15:52 gmcharlt I agree with Joubu - and maybe make it so that a circ desk operator can use a checkbox or a toggle that sets a cookie to determine if the table displays automatically when a patron is retrieved
15:56 mtompset joined #koha
15:57 fridolin gatgo see u
15:57 fridolin left #koha
16:01 khall Joubu: I had considered that. I thought librarians would find it "inconvenient"
16:01 khall Joubu: gmcharlt: I will make those changes.
16:25 gaetan_B bye !
16:29 cait left #koha
16:43 khall Joubu: gmcharlt: please take a look at bug 12550 again!
16:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12550 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Add ability to delay loading of patron's checkouts in circulation and patron details
16:49 atheia left #koha
17:13 bgkriegel joined #koha
18:17 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
18:18 chris_n joined #koha
18:24 gerundio joined #koha
18:32 gmcharlt two-digit dates are /still/ a factor -​000-draft-notices-to-men-born-in-1800s/
18:32 wahanui Hmm.  No matches for that, gmcharlt.
18:49 oleonard wahanui you have been talking back a lot today
18:49 wahanui oleonard: excuse me?
18:49 oleonard Oh you heard me
18:54 sophie_m left #koha
19:00 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Error from svc/holds" (7 lines) at
19:03 oleonard ...presumably because I have some invalid date entries in the suspend_until column of reserves for that patron
19:05 oleonard However... sucks that the new AJAX display is more brittle than the old version.
19:05 tcohen bye #koha
20:22 francharb joined #koha
20:23 khall joined #koha
20:39 talljoy joined #koha
20:40 talljoy left #koha
20:53 rangi morning
20:56 cait joined #koha
21:22 cait left #koha
22:02 tcohen joined #koha
22:08 jransom joined #koha
22:09 jransom Hello everyone
22:10 tcohen hi jransom
22:10 jransom Looking for some help: can anyone tell me how to update existing orders from 'current' budget to 'next' budget? I need to do this for all the orders which are still likely to come but from the next years budget which i want to make live and close off the old one.
22:28 eythian hi
22:35 eythian <-- have some Friday monk music.
22:51 edveal joined #koha
22:57 papa joined #koha
23:44 dac Interesting...pays to read the logs
23:44 * dac doesn't recall volunteering to work on a uniform API for searching
23:45 * dac thinks it's a good idea
23:45 eythian you totally did
23:45 eythian maybe you were drunk?
23:45 dcook I don't IRC when I'm drunk :p
23:45 dcook iirc
23:45 eythian how would you know.
23:46 dcook I have a pretty good memory
23:46 dcook I think my 4 year arts degree was all about pointing out problems rather than fixing them :p
23:46 dcook Hopefully I'll find time once I get through a few more local issues...
23:47 eythian it's an arts degree. That traditionally goes with drunkenness.
23:47 dcook That's certainly true
23:47 dcook Never have I had more beer bought for me than when I was an arts undergrad
23:47 dcook Derrida might only make sense while drinking
23:47 dcook Even then it's a stretch
23:51 dcook Hmm maybe they meant uniform z3950 search API...
23:51 dcook I do want to do that...
23:52 dcook One of these days

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary