IRC log for #koha, 2014-04-29

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:22 GINGER728 joined #koha
00:24 GINGER728 engage in  tactics website game  MAGEGO
00:25 JesseM_away joined #koha
00:32 kathryn joined #koha
00:41 rocio left #koha
02:17 wizzyrea mtj it might be in 3.12 as well
02:17 wizzyrea since the merging was changed heavily for 3.12
02:18 wizzyrea sorry for the late reply
02:28 schnydszch joined #koha
02:35 mtj hey wiz, thanks for the heads-up
02:58 talljoy left #koha
03:44 jcamins joined #koha
04:49 paxed why do i feel like getting anything into master is such a damn fight?
04:52 wizzyrea because it kinda is
04:59 eythian it'd be nice to streamline it a bit, I just don't know how while still keeping quality
05:02 wizzyrea ^
05:06 paxed quality? then how come some people have said koha has so many bugs. i'm thinking that too.
05:07 eythian all software has many bugs, ours are just public.
05:08 paxed yours is just yet another open-source software. mature one, even. so.
05:09 eythian I suspect we have more obscure use cases than many things too, so there are more corners for bugs to hide in because only two people in the world do something in a way that triggers it.
05:10 paxed copy-pasting code introduces bugs rather easily.
05:11 eythian there's hopefully not too much of that going on, though it's definitely there in some of the older parts.
05:12 paxed for example bug 11885 and bug 11804 - and the whole damn C4 vs. Koha thing.
05:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11885 normal, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Pushed to Master , Inconsistent HTML in MARC Details
05:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11804 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , there should not be both a and a
05:14 eythian well, C4 is the old namespace. New, properly abstracted things should go into Koha:: in general.
05:14 paxed bug 12072
05:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12072 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Failed QA , New dateformat
05:16 eythian yeah, you're hitting old code done badly. Last time I did date formats for something (not Koha) I moved them from hardcoded into format strings in the database.
05:16 paxed no idea when C4 vs. Koha started, but the whole project should've been marked as "experimental" while it's going on.
05:17 eythian it's not an attempt to do a big rewrite, as that would fail. Instead, it's to allow a gradual migration.
05:19 eythian So if I'm heavily modifying something, or doing something new, I'll put it in Koha::, and use that as a chance to remove the C4:: version if possible.
05:20 paxed i won't even try a "heavy" modification, because there's no chance in hell it would get into master.
05:43 laurence joined #koha
05:44 laurence left #koha
05:47 eythian holy crap, I just switch a koha installation over to LDAP and it appears to have worked first time.
05:47 rangi yeah only 133 things were pushed into master in april (not patches, that was 166, but the number of bugs/enhancements/new features) it's pretty close to nothing
05:47 eythian That's like some kind of miracle
05:51 rangi thanks in no small part to cait passing qa on 73
05:51 cait joined #koha
05:51 rangi heh, psychic
05:51 eythian you didn't even have to say her name 3 times before she appeared
05:54 paxed rangi: i _am_ fucking amazed, cait is awesome.
05:54 cait ?
05:54 eythian ohh, I think I've fixed the marc import under plack bug
05:54 rangi best way to get more things in, is find more people to volunteer to do qa
05:55 paxed cait: <@rangi> thanks in no small part to cait passing qa on 73
05:55 cait my alarm didn't go off this morning... very annoying
05:56 cait i was hoping to take a look at the funds view things :(
05:56 rangi for 3.18 the number has gone from 7 +1, to 8 + 1, so that will help some
05:58 paxed (and where will this project be without her, if she qa'd half of the patches in this month alone?)
05:59 rangi there have been other qa managers in the history, there will be again
05:59 rangi same with release managers, and translation managers
06:00 rangi the only person who has been in a role since it first started is nicole as documentation manager
06:01 rangi but while cait volunteers, i cant imagine anyone wanting to run against her in an election
06:06 cait hmpf
06:06 cait noone as crazy?
06:08 * magnuse waves
06:09 * cait waves back
06:10 eythian wee, no more errors in the logs, marc import working, I think this patch might be about ready.
06:11 eythian even the progress bar progresses
06:11 cait paxed: i have workedwith other ILS - they all have bugs
06:13 magnuse paxed: have you seen this table:[…]pply&longdesc_typ
06:13 magnuse e=allwordssubstr&longdesc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwo​rdssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=all​wordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwo​rds&keywords=&deadlinefrom=&deadlineto=&bug_id=&bu​g_id_type=anyexact&votes=&votes_type=greaterthaneq​&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&​emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_conta​ct2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&emai​ltype3=substring&email3=&chfieldvalue=&chfield
06:13 magnuse from=&chfieldto=Now&j_top=AND&f1=noop​&o1=noop&v1=&format=table&action=wrap ?
06:13 magnuse gah!
06:13 magnuse short url:
06:14 eythian > # FIXME: according to DBI doc, this may not work for Oracle <-- teehee
06:14 magnuse yes, there are 2684 bugs, but 1414 of those are enhancements
06:14 magnuse eythian: when was that written ?
06:15 eythian 2007
06:16 eythian at least, that's what git blame says
06:16 magnuse :-)
06:16 eythian -# Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later
06:16 eythian +# Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your op) any later
06:17 eythian that was an odd thing in that patch
06:17 magnuse woohoo for bug 11703
06:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11703 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Convert checkouts table to ajax datatable
06:17 magnuse think of all the keystrokes we will save if everyone just said op instead of option!
06:18 magnuse khall++ for persevering, cait++ for thorough qa
06:20 paxed well, i'm still annoyed that i'm seeing commits to C4 when i'm getting commented that nothing should be added to C4.
06:20 rangi no, modules in Koha:: should not call modules in C4, apart from C4::Context
06:21 paxed bug 12072
06:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12072 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Failed QA , New dateformat
06:22 paxed why don't the modules in C4 say that? should have a comment on top...
06:26 magnuse patches are welcome...
06:26 eythian Well, it'd be easy enough to add to the coding guidelines if it's not there already.
06:26 eythian wahanui: coding guidelines
06:26 wahanui coding guidelines are[…]Coding_Guidelines
06:26 paxed ...but will probably languish on the bugzilla forever.
06:27 cait eythian: we just added the C4::Dates to them
06:27 cait after the last meeting
06:27 cait I want to move on and deprecate sqlhelper at the next meeting
06:27 * cait deprecates all the things
06:28 magnuse cait++
06:28 eythian it could just be added to PERL15
06:28 rangi cait++
06:28 cait i agree with paxed in that we need better communication on those kind of things and a bit of documentation
06:28 * eythian does that now.
06:28 cait i think the dev meetings will help
06:30 eythian hmm, actually, it's not really suited there. I'll put it there, but there perhaps should be something specifically talking about Koha:: vs. C4::
06:31 paxed should should edit that page to include the stuff in bug 12138
06:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12138 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Pushed to Master , Use placeholders in translatable javascript strings
06:33 paxed and also mention that _() can only take a string literal, not a variable, as param, or that i18n tools won't find it.
06:34 BobB hi team koha
06:35 magnuse howdy BobB
06:35 BobB magnuse!!
06:35 wahanui magnuse is a Norwegian giant.
06:35 magnuse BobB!!
06:35 magnuse someone needs to say something funny about BobB...
06:36 BobB I have a question about patron bulk patron import
06:36 cait hi BobB
06:36 BobB hi cait
06:36 BobB I think it is true that a date of expiry entered in the spreadsheet will not stick
06:37 BobB instead the expiry date is determined by the patron category definition
06:37 BobB that's right isn't it?
06:37 cait hm it used to stick
06:37 cait we import patron data with expiry dates normally
06:38 BobB oh did it?
06:38 cait if you leave it empty it shoudl calculate, but not if you have one in your csv
06:38 BobB then we may have to do more testing
06:38 cait same for the enrolment date
06:38 BobB .... the list grows longer :(
06:39 BobB thx cait
06:39 eythian I wonder if it's expecting it in a format that you're not putting it in
06:40 * magnuse was thinking the same thing
06:40 eythian e.g. I wouldn't be surprised if it requires yyyy-mm-dd
06:40 cait it shoudl be dateformat format... or database, i think both worked for me
06:41 BobB ok, her format is dd-mm-yyyy, so we'll test with the other format as well
06:41 reiveune joined #koha
06:41 reiveune hello
06:41 wahanui bidet, reiveune
06:43 BobB at least this gives me an excuse to stop thinking about accessibility compliance ....
06:43 BobB something we seem to have some issues on
06:44 cait dd-... won't work
06:44 cait it's nothing koha knows
06:45 cait with / and the dateformat set to it, it should work dd/mm/yyyy
06:45 BobB yes, I was wrong there
06:46 BobB i'll test that now and let you know what I find
06:46 cait i wil keep fingers crossed
06:46 cait :)
06:49 * magnuse too
06:50 cait bbl
06:50 cait left #koha
06:59 alex_a joined #koha
06:59 alex_a bonjour
06:59 wahanui bonjour, alex_a
07:07 BobB back
07:07 BobB the patron import works as expected, re the expiry date
07:07 BobB the client had the wrong format in the field
07:07 BobB thx for the help guys
07:10 nc-th joined #koha
07:12 nc-th Hi everyone. I have questions on the Koha configuration files..between zebra-biblios-dom.cfg and zebra-biblios.cfg. are there any disadvantages using one against the other?
07:12 nc-th zebra-biblios-dom.cfg: recordtype: dom./etc/koha/zebradb/biblios/etc/dom-config.xml ///// marcxml.recordtype: dom./etc/koha/zebradb/biblios/etc/dom-config.xml //// iso2709.recordtype: dom./etc/koha/zebradb/bibli​os/etc/dom-config-marc.xml
07:13 nc-th zebra-biblios.cfg: iso2709.recordType:grs.marcxml.record //// marcxml.recordType:grs.sgml //// recordType:grs.xml
07:15 BobB nc-th its a bit out of my field, but in the latest versions DOM is the default
07:15 BobB This might help:
07:16 BobB[…]g_to_dom_indexing
07:20 nc-th BobB: Thanks a lot. I am having problems using zebra-biblios-dom.cfg. The imported authority records wouldn't link to the bib records but using zebra-biblios.cfg on a testing server, they work fine! I am going to switch to zebra-biblios.cfg but couldn't find about the advantages / disadvantages. I am using Koha 3.08
07:23 BobB in 3.08 the default filter is GRS-1, not DOM
07:24 BobB so it seems you'll be right with the config on your testing server
07:29 ashimema damn.. meant to wake up early this morning and do a few qa
07:32 ashimema looks like kyle did at least one that was on my list to finish up..
07:32 ashimema khall++
07:35 magnuse yay
07:36 ashimema ?
07:40 cait joined #koha
07:42 cait hi #koha
07:44 Joubu hello
07:44 magnuse one yay for every bug qa'ed...
07:44 magnuse hi cait and Joubu
07:45 magnuse @wunder boo
07:45 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 4.0°C (9:20 AM CEST on April 29, 2014). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 75%. Dew Point: 0.0°C. Windchill: -1.0°C. Pressure: 29.83 in 1010 hPa (Steady).
07:56 cait hi kivilahtio
07:56 kivilahtio hi cait!
07:56 kivilahtio how do you do voodoo?
07:56 atheia joined #koha
07:56 cait ?
07:56 cait hi atheia
07:57 atheia morning cait and all
07:57 kivilahtio morning!
07:57 wahanui morning is, like, a state of cat
07:57 atheia Have things calmed down now a little (feature freeze was yesterday right?)
07:58 atheia Or is this only the start of the qa stress?
07:58 cait we still have some that could go in
07:58 cait so... not quite there yet
07:58 cait and then it will be focused on bugs...
07:59 cait i guess it never ends
08:02 atheia indeed ;-)
08:03 atheia Does anyone know where koha wiki registrations go? I signed up but never got a confirmation…
08:03 cait i think you got confirmed
08:03 cait i can check
08:03 cait give me a second, need to finish an email first
08:05 magnuse atheia: which username?
08:06 cait i think i saw atheia
08:06 cait magnuse: looks like it got confirmed to me, what do you think? maybe the email got lost?
08:06 magnuse
08:07 magnuse 2014-04-24 (User creation log); 12:14:54 . . Davidnind (Talk | contribs | block) created new account User:Atheia
08:07 magnuse actualy not quite sure how it works with emails and passwords and whatnot
08:09 cait me neither
08:09 cait atheia: did you already set a passowrd you could try now?
08:10 ashimema poo.. I forgot to chase up galen again
08:10 ashimema morning cait.
08:10 cait hi ashimema
08:10 cait he will be around later i think :)
08:13 atheia sorry — just got a delivery. Will try to set a password. Thanks for checking.
08:14 ashimema atheia.. will be awesome to have you as a wrangler..
08:14 ashimema ;)
08:16 cait agreed :)
08:18 atheia It sounds like it'll be good, pleasure's all mine :-)
08:18 atheia So, I requested a new password, but that also didn't arrive…
08:18 ashimema hmmm
08:18 atheia I'm thinking I'll create a new account - to rule out email typos
08:18 laurence joined #koha
08:18 cait emai looks ok
08:19 cait I will pm it to you
08:19 cait atheia: ... :)
08:19 atheia ok, I'll wait before creating.
08:19 laurence left #koha
08:36 BobB how do you navigate around a koha page without using the mouse?
08:37 BobB I'm looking at search results in particular
08:37 BobB tab and enter keys alone don't seem to do it
08:55 pianohacker joined #koha
08:55 pianohacker @seen dcook
08:55 huginn pianohacker: dcook was last seen in #koha 5 days, 3 hours, 21 minutes, and 45 seconds ago: <dcook> morning cait
08:55 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:55 pianohacker asdfjkl
08:56 pianohacker I want to know where this error he reported is coming from!
08:56 pianohacker cait: followups on bug 10486 and bug 11559
08:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10486 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Needs Signoff , Allow external Z39.50 targets to be searched from the OPAC
08:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11559 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Failed QA , Professional cataloger's interface
08:56 mveron joined #koha
08:56 mveron Hi #Koha
08:56 cait hi mveron :)
08:57 cait mveron: i have a lbrary trying to get the silent printing working right now :)
08:57 mveron Hi Cait :-)
08:57 mveron Great!
08:57 cait they are fighting a bit with selecting the slip printer - hope they can figure it out :)
08:57 pianohacker cait: sorry for spamming the crap out of your inbox, talk to you tomorrow :)
08:58 cait um...
08:58 cait that was fast again
08:59 mveron cait: I think it's a JavaScript thing. I can have a look at it if they like
08:59 ashimema pianohacker is a bit quick at the moment.
09:00 mveron cait: I just submitted a tiny patch for Bug 12147  :-)
09:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12147 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Column width for action links on invoices too small
09:02 cait mveron: they wanted to try a few things - hope they get it working
09:02 cait it#s a network printer
09:02 mveron cait: Regarding silent printing:[…]to_print_silently
09:02 cait that seems to be part of the problem
09:03 cait yep, using htat - and they got it working, just triyng to make sure it uses the right printer now
09:04 * mveron Will do some tests with a network printer...
09:05 cait i didn't want to make you work - more trying to say thank you for the feature :)
09:05 mveron Welcome :-)
09:12 BobB good night #koha
09:17 cait i shoudl take a screenshot
09:17 cait only 10 in the qa queue
09:17 cait ashimema++
09:19 cait if someone is looking for a useful sign off...
09:19 cait bug 11867 and bug 11209
09:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11867 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Multi transport types: Manage *_PHONE notices
09:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11209 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Multi transport types: same messages are sent for a patron
09:23 ashimema yikes.. the multi-transport types stuff scares me..
09:23 ashimema Is marcel still qa lead on it.. and just awaiting a sign-off then
09:24 cait i don't know if/when he has time
09:24 cait but we need the sign offs to proceed
09:26 ashimema That first one is a bit challenging.. kivi is right..
09:26 ashimema really we need someone with the hardware to check it out>?
09:27 cait khall_away: ping
09:27 laurence joined #koha
09:44 laurence joined #koha
09:54 mveron cait: Regarding silent printing on network printers, it works at my site with a coll similar to jsPrintSetup.setPrinter("Brother MFC-9450CDN Printer via LAN"):  ...but...
09:54 laurence left #koha
09:54 mveron did not work with a printe where a Umlaut was init's name like "Drucker Büro II"
09:54 mveron I changed the name, and then it worked as well.
09:56 cait good to know!
09:56 cait i think they got it working picking the x entry from the list of printers
09:57 cait and the name has special characters
09:57 cait mveron++
10:25 mveron cait: Glad that it worked out :-)
10:46 bgkriegel joined #koha
11:22 grharry joined #koha
11:26 mveron joined #koha
11:54 sophie_m joined #koha
12:04 kmlussier joined #koha
12:05 collum joined #koha
12:08 francharb joined #koha
12:08 nengard joined #koha
12:08 francharb morning
12:10 magnuse hiya francharb
12:15 nlegrand hey #koha
12:15 nengard_ joined #koha
12:17 cait hi francharb and nlegrand
12:37 nlegrand o/ cait
12:42 magnuse \o/
12:44 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:44 gaetan_B hello
12:44 wahanui what's up, gaetan_B
13:13 tcohen joined #koha
13:14 tcohen morning
13:14 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
13:15 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Bo Alto de San Martin, Cordoba City, Argentina is 16.1°C (10:10 AM ART on April 29, 2014). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 84%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Steady).
13:15 talljoy joined #koha
13:16 francharb joined #koha
13:16 talljoy left #koha
13:30 tgoat joined #koha
13:30 tcohen gmcharlt: around?
13:45 francharb joined #koha
13:58 talljoy joined #koha
14:09 tcohen dates?
14:09 wahanui dates are in format yyyy-mm-dd
14:09 tcohen release?
14:09 wahanui release is the 22nd nz time every month
14:16 jcamins joined #koha
14:26 gmcharlt tcohen: hmm?
14:27 tcohen i wanted to know if you have any preference on how to make our packages behave correctly with apache 2.4
14:28 tcohen i'll default to using the .conf
14:28 tcohen as you suggested
14:28 tcohen will check mpm_itk is enabled on koha-create
14:28 tcohen and add a new patch that makes the upgrade change the file names
14:28 tcohen anything else?
14:28 wahanui anything else is a band aid
14:29 gmcharlt wahanui: forget anything else
14:29 wahanui gmcharlt: I forgot anything else
14:29 gmcharlt tcohen: that seems like it should cover it
14:29 tcohen i don't think i'll manage to rewrite everything in perl
14:29 tcohen before the release :-D
14:29 ebegin joined #koha
14:32 gmcharlt[…]ate&list_id=96954
14:32 gmcharlt will be finalizing this shortly with the ones getting leeway
14:34 tcohen great gmcharlt
14:34 ashimema gmcharlt++
14:42 alex_a joined #koha
14:48 cait gmcharlt++
14:48 * cait starts reading back...
15:02 ashimema enabling z39.50 server in packages..
15:02 ashimema I can't see a script to do it easily..
15:02 ashimema am I missing somthing..
15:03 ashimema (happy to do it manually.. just wondered if i was missing it)
15:05 dpavlin joined #koha
15:06 cait i think there is not... but tcohen might know
15:06 tcohen ashimema: cait is right, there isn't
15:07 ashimema coolios..
15:07 ashimema manual way it is then.
15:07 tcohen there's the tricky part of choosing the ports
15:07 ashimema one to add to the list of bits needing adding to pacakges for me ;)
15:08 tcohen different instance, different listening port
15:11 tcohen ashimema: add indexing mode switching to the list
15:11 ashimema lol.. that's already on there..
15:11 ashimema it's a long list..
15:12 ashimema currently I'm writing a script to setup a custom directory for uploaded xslt files.
15:12 ashimema not sure anyone else will want it.. but it's important for our operations at least.
15:12 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11518: (follow-up) Make unit tests pass <[…]c95c198c8250557f0> / Bug 11518: (follow-up) retrieve syspref value using DBIC <[…]6eaebd797dfcfc47c> / Bug 11518: (follow-up) Change method name from 'itemtype' to 'effective_itemtype... <http://git.koha-communi
15:12 cait do you allow customers to upload?
15:13 ashimema depends.. some do
15:13 gmcharlt ashimema: you will get bonus point from me by making it a general-purpose secure upload feature
15:13 ashimema in this case, it's actually an accessible location for custom xslt style sheets.. to add into syspref.
15:13 gmcharlt on the other hand, there's no reason why specific things like stylesheets couldn't be stored in the database instead
15:14 ashimema gmcharlt.. I'm also working on such a feature.. though this is more challenging..
15:14 ashimema currently we setup sftp access, and get them to do that bit manually.
15:14 ashimema the Bit I'm currently writing in koha is a secure way to access such files using koha permissions.
15:15 ashimema yeah.. I wondered about the database.. but the syspref fo xslt locations is already there ;)
15:15 jenkins_koha Starting build #1720 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1706 8 days 21 hr ago)
15:22 tcohen d*mn, they haven't fixed the apache2-mpm-itk install problem yet
15:22 tcohen[…]rt.cgi?bug=734865
15:23 tcohen if we have a working set of scripts, we will need to provide different solutions for people installing on 14.04
15:37 kmlussier joined #koha
15:46 nengard joined #koha
15:52 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10893: fix location facet in UNIMARC <[…]edd1ffb3f775c3582>
15:53 nengard left #koha
15:55 reiveune bye
15:55 reiveune left #koha
16:03 cait bbl
16:03 cait left #koha
16:12 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11334: DBRev <[…]cfbf7064032126dd4> / Bug 11334: (follow-up) add spans for new facets <[…]07b256a5d9486e3db> / Bug 11334: (follow-up) fix errors in database update <[…];h=dbbb88e9a32faf
16:25 cait joined #koha
16:47 * cait waves
17:07 pianohacker joined #koha
17:07 pianohacker hey y'all
17:08 pianohacker gmcharlt: saw your note about search in rancor
17:08 gmcharlt pianohacker: yeah, from my POV it appears to be the primary blocker from getting at least part of rancor into 3.16.0
17:08 pianohacker gmcharlt: Yeah
17:08 pianohacker indexdata--
17:11 pianohacker gmcharlt: Have you seen the current setup for when search is unavailable?
17:11 gmcharlt no
17:13 pianohacker screenshot, one sec
17:13 cait pianohacker: really worried about the paging... once you are done talking rancor
17:14 pianohacker cait: yeah...
17:17 pianohacker gmcharlt:
17:17 gmcharlt pianohacker: that's not going to look good
17:17 tcohen joined #koha
17:17 gmcharlt to be direct: can to readily rip out the pazpar2 stuff into a separate patch
17:17 gmcharlt or can you at least apply the Mace of Commenting to suppress mention?
17:17 pianohacker Ah. And ship the editor with no search?
17:18 pianohacker That's reasonable enough imo, just trying to get a handle on what you're thinking
17:18 gmcharlt yes - IMO, the new editor by itself is a sufficient win to ship as an experimentally feature
17:34 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1720: STILL UNSTABLE in 2 hr 21 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1720/
17:34 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 12100: ensure that messaging preferences displays saved Days in Advance
17:34 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 12100: (follow-up) fix regression
17:34 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 11518: Add new method to K::S::R::Item that will always return the correct itemtype
17:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12100 normal, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , Messaging preferences did not save Days in Advance
17:34 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 11518: (follow-up) Change method name from 'itemtype' to 'effective_itemtype' for clarity
17:34 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 11518: (follow-up) retrieve syspref value using DBIC
17:34 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 11518: (follow-up) Make unit tests pass
17:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11518 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Add new method to Koha::Schema::Result::Item that will always return the correct itemtype
17:38 jenkins_koha Starting build #1721 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1706 9 days 0 hr ago)
17:48 bgkriegel joined #koha
18:03 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11182: (QA followup) fix warning if itemBarcodeFallbackSearch set <[…]ebc22f42659ee040e> / Bug 11182: get rid of some warnings in circulation <[…]9459e864d82d0d999> / Bug 11182: (follow-up) improve initialization of the $waiting_holds variable <http://git
18:15 cait pianohacker: ping
18:18 cait hm
18:18 cait did we lose him?
18:22 cait that's too bad
18:35 pianohacker dammit, connection dropped for some reason
18:44 mtompset joined #koha
18:45 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
18:45 mtompset Thanks for marking things as release candidates for 3.16. :)
18:46 mtompset gmcharlt++
18:46 cait gmcharlt++
18:46 pianohacker gmcharlt++
18:47 bgkriegel gmcharlt++
18:47 cait :)
18:47 mtompset bgkriegel++ #Thanks for the signoff and explanation.
18:48 bgkriegel :)
18:50 mtompset I figured there was something case insensitive, but it is better to get the case correct in the code. :)
19:19 mveron joined #koha
19:31 JesseM joined #koha
19:41 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1721: STILL UNSTABLE in 2 hr 4 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1721/
19:41 jenkins_koha * Mathieu Saby: Bug 10893: fix location facet in UNIMARC
19:41 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 11334: add ability to control which library fields are used for facets
19:41 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 11334: (follow-up) fix errors in database update
19:41 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 11334: (follow-up) add spans for new facets
19:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10893 normal, P5 - low, ---, mathsabypro, Pushed to Master , Location facet not working in UNIMARC
19:41 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 11334: DBRev
19:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11334 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Add facet for home library
19:43 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7844: (follow-up) don't test koha.psgi for ability to compile (yet) <[…]807594fc97f62881f>
19:43 Callender joined #koha
19:45 jenkins_koha Starting build #1722 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1706 9 days 2 hr ago)
20:16 kmlussier joined #koha
20:21 mveron joined #koha
20:22 mveron Hi  #koha
20:23 meliss joined #koha
20:23 cait hi mveron :)
20:23 mveron Hi cait :-)
20:27 rangi morning
20:27 tcohen joined #koha
20:28 cait morning rangi
20:28 cait hi tcohen
20:28 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
20:28 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Bo Alto de San Martin, Cordoba City, Argentina is 15.8°C (5:25 PM ART on April 29, 2014). Conditions: Light Drizzle. Humidity: 86%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
20:28 tcohen hi cait
20:28 cait @wunder Konstanz
20:28 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 10.1°C (10:25 PM CEST on April 29, 2014). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 90%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Steady).
20:33 mveron @wunder Allschwil
20:33 huginn mveron: The current temperature in Wetter Allschwil, Allschwil, Switzerland is 12.0°C (10:33 PM CEST on April 29, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 89%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Steady).
20:33 mveron ...and Good Daytime to everyone...
20:38 pianohacker @seen Joubu
20:38 huginn pianohacker: Joubu was last seen in #koha 12 hours, 54 minutes, and 11 seconds ago: <Joubu> hello
20:38 cait It's really late here
20:38 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "too much?" (44 lines) at
20:38 cait maybe email :) or later
20:40 pianohacker @later tell Joubu do you know of any good unimarc Z39.50 targets? Also, do you know if setting element set format 1.2.840.10003.5.1 is required for unimarc?
20:40 huginn pianohacker: The operation succeeded.
20:40 mtompset So, still working on getting Koha working glitch free under Ubuntu 14.04, tcohen?
20:40 tcohen mtompset: just started today heh, could you take a look at that function?
20:40 jcamins tcohen: not too much.
20:41 tcohen jcamins: thanks
20:42 mtompset Looks okay, since you aren't executing it automatically.
20:42 tcohen it would ship with koha-create
20:42 mtompset Though, one tiny comment... does it only run for Ubuntu? sudo isn't installed under Debian by default, last I checked.
20:42 jcamins tcohen: though... I guess if we know that the mpms are mutually exclusive, you could just print: sudo sh -e "a2dismod mpm_event || a2dismod mpm_worker; a2enmod mpm_prefork"
20:43 mtompset They do seem to be mutually exclusive.
20:43 tcohen they are
20:44 mtompset jcamins: That be hideously unreadable to a novice.
20:44 tcohen i thought it was esier to read for the end user
20:45 * mveron Did a proof of concept for branch specific CSS in OPAC  - Bug 12162
20:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12162 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Add class="branchcode" to body tag to make OPAC CSS-styleable per branch
20:45 mtompset Oooo... interesting.
20:45 * mveron ...and switches between individually styled branches...
20:45 mveron :-)
20:45 tcohen mtompset, jcamins: a2enmod mpm_itk should be enough. It is just a bug under discussion on Debian
20:45 jcamins tcohen: agreed, but if you feel that the ifs are too weird, the || option would work.
20:47 mtompset Yes, I saw the launchpad thing.
20:47 mtompset Did you review my revisions to the package installation of rUbuntu? ;)
20:47 mtompset on the wiki.
20:47 wahanui on the wiki is more information about the packages
20:49 gaetan_B joined #koha
20:56 tcohen i read the troubleshooting section when you mentioned on the list
20:58 tcohen joined #koha
20:58 tcohen am i online?
20:59 pianohacker yup
20:59 tcohen thx
21:00 * tcohen is thinking he never thought about forcing apache2.2 as dependency :-/
21:02 tcohen nevermind, libapache2-mpm-itk is built for apache2.4
21:04 pianohacker tcohen: there are apache config format changes though (in case you haven't run into that yet)
21:05 tcohen pianohacker: yes, but there's a module called access_compat_module that helps on that front
21:05 pianohacker ah, excellent. Just wanted to make sure :)
21:07 tcohen the only missing piece (yet) is overiding the permissions set for <Directory /> on apache2.conf
21:08 tcohen setting it to 'require all granted' works, but it seems we should void it :-P
21:08 pianohacker cait++
21:08 pianohacker thanks so much for your work testing bug 10486
21:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10486 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Needs Signoff , Allow external Z39.50 targets to be searched from the OPAC
21:23 slef joined #koha
21:24 irma joined #koha
21:34 mtompset cait++ # like the idea of directly importing from excel.
21:34 mtompset There are Perl libraries which read excel files well. :)
21:34 mtompset As long as the format is mostly the same as the CSV, it should be possible.
21:35 mtompset This is regarding bug 5242. :)
21:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5242 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, RESOLVED INVALID, Simplify the import of members
21:35 mtj_ joined #koha
21:48 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1722: STILL UNSTABLE in 2 hr 5 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1722/
21:48 jenkins_koha * Mark Tompsett: Bug 11182: remove spurious logged warnings in circulation
21:48 jenkins_koha * Mark Tompsett: Bug 11182: remove another warning in circulation
21:48 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 11182: (follow-up) improve initialization of the $waiting_holds variable
21:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11182 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , Warnings in circulation
21:48 jenkins_koha * Srdjan: Bug 11182: get rid of some warnings in circulation
21:48 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 11182: (QA followup) fix warning if itemBarcodeFallbackSearch set
21:48 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 7844: (follow-up) don't test koha.psgi for ability to compile (yet)
21:48 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7844 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Pushed to Master , plack scripts for developers
21:58 tcohen @seen eythian
21:58 huginn tcohen: eythian was last seen in #koha 15 hours, 17 minutes, and 59 seconds ago: <eythian> e.g. I wouldn't be surprised if it requires yyyy-mm-dd
21:59 rangi[…]nd-drink-version/
21:59 tcohen hi rangi
21:59 rangi what i did last week :)
21:59 rangi well apart from[…]hedule-and-agenda
22:00 tcohen :-D
22:01 tcohen Publik Draft House, looks great
22:02 rangi it was
22:06 pianohacker five guys is pretty dang fantastic
22:07 rangi it most surely is
22:07 rangi popeyes is a lot better than i thought it would be too
22:07 pianohacker Indeed! Especially the chicken and biscuits
22:07 cait the pictures look so yummy... *gets hungry*
22:08 tcohen isit like kfc?
22:08 pianohacker yup, but slightly more southern and better imo
22:08 pianohacker cait: I agree, I could kill for a burger right now
22:09 rangi a lot better than kfc, a bit spicy, and a lot less greasy
22:10 pianohacker yeah, definitely less greasy. And the breading is much better
22:11 * cait doesn't like kfc
22:11 cait tried it in berlin last year
22:11 wizzyrea kfc is the worst american export.
22:11 wizzyrea kfc
22:11 wizzyrea kfc?
22:11 wahanui kfc is just too far away now
22:11 wizzyrea hrmph.
22:12 * pianohacker eats some peanut butter m&ms
22:13 cait meany
22:15 pianohacker we may not have fine cuisine down, but we are all over peanut butter
22:15 cait peanut butter cups...
22:15 wahanui peanut butter cups are good :)…  I think we should bring cait - some snickers and reese's pieces
22:15 tcohen heh
22:19 * wizzyrea realises that the only two things she misses from america are chipotle and five guys, immediately feels weird.
22:21 rangi just go to atlanta airport
22:21 rangi it has 5 guys, chipotle, and popeyes
22:21 wizzyrea oh man.
22:21 rangi within metres of each other
22:21 wizzyrea but I can't eat all of those things at the same time!
22:21 rangi and einstein bros bagels
22:21 rangi which arent bad either
22:21 wizzyrea oh yea they are not terrible
22:22 rangi i forgot atlanta had the olympics until i arrived
22:22 rangi explains the massive airport
22:24 wizzyrea *nod*
22:25 wizzyrea now I'm gonna have the five guys song stuck in my head forever.
22:26 tcohen
22:26 eythian tcohen: you rang?
22:26 tcohen yes
22:27 tcohen need to make a decision on handling the apache 2.4 thing
22:27 rangi down to only 3 failing tests
22:27 tcohen should all scripts just assume the .conf is there?
22:27 rangi well its really just Search.t failing
22:30 eythian tcohen: I think we should: a) have an optional (i.e. debconf-driven) conversion process that will rename the koha-associated apached configs to .conf, and have the scripts assume .conf but fall back if it's not there.
22:31 eythian the second part is b)
22:31 tcohen ok, i'm missing the debonf part, will check what galen did for the translation update
22:33 eythian I just don't like forcing a rename on people without telling them.
22:34 eythian /asking them
22:41 tcohen thanks eythian, good night/day everyone
22:41 BobB joined #koha
22:42 eythian later tcohen
23:12 mtompset tcohen++ # lovely schmoyo
23:13 cait night :)
23:13 cait left #koha
23:20 tgoat joined #koha
23:47 tgoat joined #koha
23:48 papa joined #koha
23:56 mveron IE --  see bug 10791
23:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10791 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , cart image in prog & IE10
23:56 * mveron Goes to sleep...  Good daytime everybody...

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary