IRC log for #koha, 2014-04-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:11 barton_away joined #koha
00:12 kmlussier joined #koha
00:22 WNickC joined #koha
00:52 WNickC left #koha
01:17 dcook joined #koha
01:33 WNickC joined #koha
02:46 rocio left #koha
03:38 kathryn joined #koha
03:48 mtompset joined #koha
03:48 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
03:49 mtompset Oh profiling-king eythian, you here? ;)
03:50 eythian I...guess.
04:42 dcook Trying to debug minified JS...
04:42 * dcook twitches
04:44 eythian switch it out for the non-minified version
04:45 dcook I...
04:45 dcook Was going to do that, then I seemed to think that wouldn't work...but now it's obvious that it will
04:45 dcook Good one :p
04:45 dcook Yay for us using recent DataTables!
04:45 cait joined #koha
04:45 eythian hi cait
04:45 eythian go back to bed
04:46 dcook All right let's try this again..
04:46 cait :P
04:46 dcook @wunder konstanz
04:46 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 5.8°C (6:45 AM CEST on April 23, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Windchill: 6.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
04:46 dcook Earrrly!
04:47 * dcook was up at 6:30am with a sick wife..
04:47 dcook Go back to bed while you can! :p
04:48 mtompset Oops... Got distracted, eythian. :)
04:49 eythian I figured :)
04:49 eythian damn it, I just made a diagnostic change to something to see why it was failing, and it started working.
04:49 mtompset I was wondering how to profile the speed difference between Koha.Preference() calls in Template, and actually passing a template parameter.
04:50 eythian hmm. NYTProf may tell you that sort of thing, I'm not sure.
04:50 eythian it probably will.
04:52 eythian keep in mind its only worth worrying about if it's called enough times for a time difference to actually show up.
05:03 mtompset eythian: So did you figure out why your diagnostic change caused it to work? ;)
05:03 eythian no, it did fail again later however. I'm screwing with multithreading so I think there are race conditions happening. That's bad.
05:07 cait eythian++
05:08 eythian unfortunately this means that making MARC import work on a plack setup is best done with a rewrite and the addition of a queueing process.
05:09 ashimema joined #koha
05:09 eythian ashimema: howdy
05:09 wahanui salut, eythian
05:10 eythian wahanui: botsmack
05:10 wahanui :(
05:10 cait morning ashimema
05:10 ashimema morning cait
05:10 cait eythian: ugh
05:10 ashimema evening eythian
05:12 eythian @wunder nzwn
05:12 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 15.0°C (5:00 PM NZST on April 23, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 72%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Steady).
05:14 mtompset Yuck. Debugging multithreading is a pain, unless you have something to serialize processing as needed.
05:14 mtompset @wunder l7e 5y5
05:15 huginn mtompset: The current temperature in Wilshire-Thornhill, Vaughan, Ontario is 3.7°C (1:10 AM EDT on April 23, 2014). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Windchill: 1.0°C. Pressure: 29.73 in 1007 hPa (Rising).
05:15 mtompset Have a great day (24 hour period), #koha.
05:15 ashimema @wunder stevenage, uk
05:15 huginn ashimema: The current temperature in Pin Green, Stevenage, United Kingdom is 7.6°C (6:10 AM BST on April 23, 2014). Conditions: Fog. Humidity: 97%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Windchill: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
05:23 ashimema joined #koha
05:25 dcook Muahaha
05:25 dcook eythian: Thanks for reminding me to do the obvious with that JS :)
05:27 eythian np :)
05:27 eythian bug 8970 in case anyone wants something confusing to look at
05:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8970 critical, P5 - low, ---, robin, In Discussion , MARC import gives error under Starman/Plack
05:28 * eythian has to go to training now.
05:28 dcook I think I've had enough confusion for today..
05:28 dcook For some reason, DataTables seems to be detecting an html type where it previously detected a string type
05:28 dcook As far as I know, the version hasn't changed, so...I don't know. Maybe it's browser-based...
05:28 dcook Found a solution anyways, but damn
05:29 dcook @wunder seattle
05:29 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Herrera, Inc., Seattle, Washington is 8.1°C (10:29 PM PDT on April 22, 2014). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 89%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Windchill: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Steady).
05:29 dcook gmcharlt: Are you around to answer a quick RM question?
05:29 gmcharlt dcook: hmm?
05:29 dcook bug 11502 needs the tiniest of follow-ups
05:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11502 minor, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Stable , Branch filter in "Holds To Pull" is too fuzzy
05:30 dcook Should I post the patch to that bug or make a new one?
05:30 * cait thinks how horrible bug 7180 would be without working git-bz
05:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7180 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Order from staged file improvements
05:31 dcook gmcharlt: Since it's been pushed to three different branches, I'm not quite sure what is optimal :/
05:33 gmcharlt dcook: new bug after it's pushed to master, and definitely after it's pushed to stable
05:34 dcook Cool. In that case, I might make some extra improvements as well.
05:34 dcook Thanks for letting me know :)
05:48 dcook cait: Did gmcharlt get git bz working again?
05:48 gmcharlt ayup
05:49 dcook gmcharlt++
05:49 dcook \o/
05:49 dcook I think this will be the first patch I've sent in ages...
05:52 cait so close...
05:52 cait gmcharlt is a hero :)
05:55 laurence joined #koha
06:07 ashimema gmcharlt++ for git-bz improvments..
06:08 ashimema though I agree.. it may be time to re-think git-bz using the api's that now exist
06:25 ashimema pybugz look interesting.. a possible starting point.. any python addicts here with some spare time ;)
06:35 pianohacker oh goodness, it's late
06:35 pianohacker good night all
06:37 cait bbl
06:38 reiveune joined #koha
06:38 reiveune hello
06:38 wahanui que tal, reiveune
06:43 dcook Can I even remember how to use git bz..
06:43 dcook yo, reiveune
06:44 reiveune hi dcook
06:44 dcook Hmm...I have PATH problems..
06:45 sophie_m joined #koha
06:46 dcook Yata!
07:01 Joubu joined #koha
07:04 pianohacker joined #koha
07:04 pianohacker hahahahah wooo I have XML fixed field widgets finally working!
07:04 * pianohacker dances
07:04 alex_a joined #koha
07:05 pianohacker had to celebrate that, carry on, good to see you all
07:05 dcook pianohacker++
07:05 alex_a bonjour
07:05 wahanui privet, alex_a
07:05 dcook salut alex_a
07:15 paul_p joined #koha
07:16 cait joined #koha
07:16 cait good morning #koha
07:19 dcook evening, cait :)
07:23 cait morning dcook :)
07:24 dcook How're you going, cait?
07:24 cait mostly ok i think
07:25 cait very busy this week with work, my spanish course and feature freeze coming up
07:26 dcook Spanish course? That sounds exciting!
07:30 cait it's fun yeah :)
07:31 dcook Well, I should go home and take care of my sick wife (and sick cat). Have a good day!
07:32 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:32 gaetan_B hello
07:32 cait hm
07:32 cait i am fighting with a jquery
07:32 cait i need to replace a string with another
07:32 cait to fix bug 11741 for now
07:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11741 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Passed QA , < > not displaying correctly in XSLT result list
07:33 alex_a_ joined #koha
07:39 cait hm i think i got it
07:55 papa joined #koha
08:10 cait @later tell eythian could you take a look at bug 10486? I am wondering if it will be ok for packages
08:10 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
08:32 alex_a joined #koha
09:22 atheia joined #koha
09:26 ashimema morning atheia
09:29 ashimema anyone fancy testing a SIP patch?
09:29 ashimema bug 11633
09:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11633 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Needs Signoff , Cannot use the override function AllowFineOverride on the Staff client because this stops the pay function working on the SelfCheck (SC) machines
10:02 cait hi atheia
10:19 Munyua joined #koha
10:31 cait hm looking for a sign off for bug 11859...
10:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11859 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Needs Signoff , Add edition and publication year to PDF templates in acquisitions
11:03 cait ashimema++
11:24 jwagner joined #koha
11:35 NateC joined #koha
11:42 bgkriegel joined #koha
11:43 bgkriegel Buen día
11:50 meliss joined #koha
11:52 collum joined #koha
11:53 cait hi bgkriegel :)
11:53 * chris_n grabs a can of spray and walks in the direction of bug 8375
11:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8375 normal, P5 - low, ---, matted-34813, Needs Signoff , Common diacritics not shown correctly when exporting batch label to PDF
11:53 cait chris_n: good luck!
12:12 francharb Morning
12:12 oleonard joined #koha
12:12 chris_n cait: tnx; it appears I will need lots of it
12:15 oleonard Hi #koha
12:15 cait chris_n: oh
12:15 cait hi oleonard :)
12:18 chris_n so does anyone else have issues with browsers borking with a error about the cookie being too long with the staff client?
12:18 chris_n seems to plague chrome and ff every few weeks
12:18 cait there is a known bug with search history i think
12:18 chris_n clearing the cookies fixes it up
12:19 chris_n is there a fix for it yet?
12:19 oleonard There is a patch
12:19 * chris_n is all ears
12:19 oleonard Bug 11369
12:19 wahanui somebody said Bug 11369 was hitting us hard after upgrading to 3.14
12:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11369 major, P5 - low, ---, olli-antti.kivilahti, Passed QA , Too many search cursor cookies overflow HTTP-header size, when making multiple searches in the staff client.
12:19 oleonard wahanui: Oh hey I said that!
12:19 wahanui oleonard: what?
12:20 tcohen joined #koha
12:20 oleonard ByWater applied the patch for us and it seems to have cleared it up
12:20 oleonard (haven't gotten any more reports anyway)
12:20 chris_n based on the irritation level around here, that should be a high priority fix
12:20 chris_n :)
12:21 chris_n I'll apply it and see if it helps here
12:27 marcelr joined #koha
12:28 chris_n question about the fix for 11369: it patches jquery.cookie.js-plugin which is a third-party plugin: should/has this fix been submitted to the plugin maintainer for inclusion in future releases?
12:28 * chris_n may be showing his js ignorance
12:28 marcelr hi #koha
12:28 cait hm
12:28 tcohen morning #koha
12:28 cait i might have misread that, it hought it was only the newest version of the plugin
12:29 marcelr hi tcohen
12:29 cait 'Downloaded the newest plugin version and minified it. Now works as intended.'
12:29 cait hi marcelr and tcohen
12:29 marcelr is the dev meeting cancelled or is galen just absent?
12:29 marcelr hi cait
12:29 chris_n cait: ok, so the patch is the newest version
12:31 cait that was my assumption
12:37 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10782 - Add a koha-mysqlcheck script <[…]f4536f398b612944b>
12:38 edveal joined #koha
12:40 oleonard I think it might be better to postpone the dev meeting if the RM can't be there.
12:40 oleonard Particularly with regard to the Module Maintainer/Release Maintainer discussions
12:41 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:42 oleonard Anyone else have an opinion? Who is ready to commit to a meeting today?
12:45 gmcharlt oleonard: depends on which RM you're talking about; the MM discussion is going to be much more driven by tcohen's desires, I would think
12:45 cait I tend to agree with that
12:45 oleonard Is tcohen going to be present?
12:46 chris_n cait: after applying 8375: Wide character in compress at /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/PDF/ line 819.
12:46 chris_n I must be doing something wrong
12:46 cait hm which script?
12:46 wahanui it has been said that which script is this?
12:46 cait i think only some of them work nicely i ws told
12:46 cait hm i mean font
12:46 chris_n helvetica
12:47 cait and sorry, have to run out in a few mins... hope to be back for the meeting in time
12:47 cait do you have the mappings in your kohaconf.xml?
12:47 chris_n is there anything special about the xml to add to the conf file?
12:47 chris_n yes
12:47 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12105 - Remove duplicated plugin jquery.dataTables.columnFilter.js <[…]d8935333014b1f62c>
12:47 cait hm i think you might have to install the package with the fonts
12:47 chris_n per the notes on the bug
12:47 cait dejavu?
12:47 chris_n they are installed as well
12:47 cait and mabe check the paths?
12:47 chris_n seems to be ok
12:47 chris_n :-P
12:48 chris_n I'll go over it all again
12:48 cait no idea then right now sorry :(
12:48 chris_n syntax is a killer sometimes :-)
12:48 cait bgkriegel: ?
12:48 cait i think he might now much more than i do :)
12:50 chris_n cait: the <ttf> tags should be just inside the <yazgfs> tags, right?
12:50 chris_n or should they be below <config>
12:50 cait hm i am not sure and can't check right now - sorry
12:51 chris_n k, tnx
12:53 cait chris_n: i suggest leaving a note on the bug, bgkriegel is normally fast answering
12:53 chris_n will do
12:59 cait left #koha
12:59 cait joined #koha
12:59 cait left #koha
13:01 tcohen hi
13:01 wahanui salut, tcohen
13:01 tcohen oleonard: yes
13:03 gmcharlt Joubu: could you or one of your colleagues provide a follow-up for 11351 to add French translations?
13:05 Joubu gmcharlt: yes, I will do it
13:10 oleonard git bz has a problem with unicode?
13:10 oleonard UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 352: ordinal not in range(128)
13:12 oleonard Am I doing something wrong? Trying to git-bz attach a patch and I get that error
13:13 tcohen oleonard: it has a problem with unicode
13:14 Joubu oleonard: you can attach this kind of patch without the -e param
13:14 ashimema one of the signoffer/author has an unlaut or somthing in their anme oleonard
13:14 ashimema what Joubu said ;)
13:14 oleonard Thanks Joubu
13:15 oleonard Or the patch writer included some fancy-schmancy French word in the commit message
13:25 nengard joined #koha
13:29 Joubu gmcharlt: done
13:30 marcelr Joubu?
13:30 wahanui i guess Joubu is not his irc name?
13:31 marcelr bug  10845
13:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10845 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Multi transport types for holds
13:31 marcelr how do I enable sms for hold_filled?
13:34 francharb joined #koha
13:35 Joubu marcelr: did you fill the smsdriver pref?
13:35 marcelr i guess not
13:37 marcelr ok resolved
13:50 oleonard Hey you guys I had a great idea!
13:56 Joubu oleonard: will be possible shortly: ;)
13:56 Joubu wip
13:57 oleonard :)
14:03 marcelr Joubu: still another question on bug 10845 ;)
14:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10845 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Multi transport types for holds
14:03 marcelr if I disable sms and email, I do not get a print notification
14:03 marcelr (as promised in the commit message)
14:05 Joubu hum
14:05 Joubu it should
14:05 marcelr it is not in the results of GetMessageing Prefs
14:05 marcelr the results are empty then
14:08 Joubu marcelr: no sorry. It's the expected behavior
14:09 marcelr ok so the commit message is wrong?
14:09 Joubu marcelr: It's useless to generate a print message
14:10 Joubu marcelr: it seems to be wrong...
14:12 gmcharlt Joubu++
14:14 Joubu marcelr: ok, looking at the code, the commit message is correct :)
14:14 Joubu sorry
14:14 marcelr I will read it again :)
14:16 Joubu marcelr: look at the C4::Reserves l.1926
14:16 marcelr Yes I saw that (print is a fallback for the other mtt there)
14:18 marcelr commit says: if the user has neither of them, there is 1 new message: 1 print. (If the user disabled sms and email, he will have 0 messages)
14:19 sylvar joined #koha
14:22 sylvar Hi all! Are there any vendors offering a free/cheap Koha hosted installation for hobbyists? I know there are community demo servers, but was thinking of a summer project with a bit more data continuity.
14:23 ashimema sylvar: not that I know of, sorry.
14:24 ashimema sylvar: you could get some pretty cheap hosting and install your own though?
14:24 sylvar ashimema++ that's the backup plan
14:25 jcamins sylvar: possibly. If you're in the US or Canada and a librarian (or library student, or can make a convincing argument that you should be considered to be like a librarian), you'd be eligible for our DaredevILS program.
14:25 jcamins (PMing more information)
14:25 ashimema these guys offer super tiny vm's:
14:25 ashimema there are other of simlar style..
14:25 jcamins ashimema: yeah, but OpenVZ + Koha = :(
14:26 ashimema really?
14:26 sylvar jcamins++ I have my MLS and my wife is getting hers in a week and a half, but she regrets her limited ILS experience and I want to show her Koha.
14:26 ashimema jcamins to the rescue
14:27 jcamins ashimema: yeah, it works... until someone else is doing something, and then you're SOL.
14:27 ashimema SOL.  what that.. an americanism?
14:28 sylvar ashimema: yes, 'shit out of luck'.
14:28 ashimema haha.. I see
14:28 ashimema cheers
14:29 * ashimema is a silly brit
14:29 sylvar If I'm understanding correctly, the British equivalent is "and then you're lucked out". But in US English, we say "I really lucked out" when we roll a natural 20.
14:29 * oleonard tasks ashimema with promulgating "SOL" throughout the British Isles
14:30 ashimema pass
14:30 jcamins ashimema: it's a great phrase!
14:31 ashimema yeah, happy to spread it..
14:31 ashimema pass was to sylvar and what we have as an equiivlent
14:31 jcamins Oh, I see.
14:32 sylvar Well, I got here through KiTTY/SOCKS5, so I should politely drop my tunnel now that I don't strictly need it. Thanks, all!
14:34 oleonard Hm. Kitty socks.
14:35 kmlussier joined #koha
14:42 cait-m__ joined #koha
14:43 cait-m__ i will be around for the neeting
14:44 cait-m__ but have to get off the bis firsr
14:44 cait-m__ might be 5 mins late
14:48 cait-m__ hm meeting bus first - need my laptop :)
14:55 tgoat joined #koha
14:55 rocio joined #koha
14:56 cait-m__ brb
14:59 cait joined #koha
14:59 cait hola
14:59 wahanui hey, cait
15:00 cait wiki claims it's meeting time...
15:00 cait anyone here for a meeting?
15:01 tcohen +1
15:01 ashimema +1
15:01 thd +1
15:02 cait ok
15:02 cait gmcharlt asked me if i could chair - but we will make it a quick 1 hour meeting then
15:02 cait is that ok?
15:02 jwagner My calendar said there was a meeting, is the the normal monthly one or something else?
15:02 tajoli joined #koha
15:02 cait this is the dev meeting and we are holding elections today
15:03 cait noone vetoes.. so i am going to start it :)
15:03 cait #startmeeting Dev IRC Meeting, part 1
15:03 huginn Meeting started Wed Apr 23 15:03:12 2014 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
15:03 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:03 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:03 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'dev_irc_meeting__part_1'
15:03 tajoli #info Zeno Tajoli, CINECA
15:03 cait #topic Introductions
15:03 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
15:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:03 marcelr #info Marcel
15:03 cait please introduce yourself with #info
15:03 JesseM #info Jesse Maseto - ByWater
15:03 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba
15:03 talljoy #info Joy Nelson - ByWater Solutions
15:03 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ Germany
15:03 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
15:04 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:04 tajoli #info Zeno Tajoli, CINECA (Italy)
15:04 bgkriegel #info Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel, UNCordoba
15:04 cait i wonder if the meeting bot allows a second chair?
15:04 cait if someone knows, please pm me
15:04 cait i'd like to start with the elections as a first item for today
15:05 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries
15:05 ashimema go for it cait..
15:05 cait #topic Elections - Release Team 3.18
15:05 Topic for #koha is now Elections - Release Team 3.18 (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:05 cait #link[…]ki/Roles_for_3.18
15:06 cait #chair ashimema
15:06 huginn Current chairs: ashimema cait
15:06 cait ah :)
15:06 cait just in case this takes longer ;)
15:06 mario joined #koha
15:06 cait or i fall off the free wifi
15:06 cait ok
15:07 cait we have different options here
15:07 nengard #info Nicole Engard, ByWater Solutions
15:07 cait vote on persons (p), roles (r) and the total release team (t)
15:07 cait can i get a qiuck preference?
15:07 barton #info Barton Chittenden, Bywater Solutions, Louisville KY, USA
15:07 ashimema I better find the agenda then, jsut in case ;)
15:08 talljoy roles
15:08 cait i linked the roles above, the agenda is here
15:08 tajoli roles
15:08 ashimema roles..
15:08 jwagner #info Jane Wagner, LibLime/PTFS
15:08 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, BibLibre, France
15:08 cait #link[…]ng,_23_April_2014
15:08 dani joined #koha
15:09 cait ok :)
15:09 cait roles it is
15:09 cait so let's start with a vote on the most important role :)
15:09 talljoy QA
15:09 talljoy :-D
15:09 cait heh
15:09 marcelr :)
15:09 cait i was thinking RM :)
15:09 tcohen heh
15:09 rocio left #koha
15:09 rocio joined #koha
15:09 cait #topic Vote on RM
15:09 Topic for #koha is now Vote on RM (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:09 marcelr +1 for tcohen
15:09 ashimema +1 for tcohen
15:09 talljoy +1
15:09 oleonard +1 for tcohen
15:09 Joubu +1
15:09 cait #info Candidate: Tomas Cohen Arazi
15:09 cait +1
15:09 bgkriegel +1
15:09 rocio #info Rocio Jordan ByWater Solutions
15:10 cait I am also going to add: gmcharlt: +1
15:10 wahanui okay, cait.
15:10 nengard +1 for tcohen
15:10 JesseM +1 for tcohen
15:10 cait the +1 for gmcharlts applies to all votes today :)
15:10 thd +1
15:10 tajoli +1 for tcohen
15:10 bag_confcall #info Brendan Gallagher ByWater
15:10 bag_confcall +1
15:10 cait #agreed Release manager for 3.18 is: Tomas Cohen Arazi (tcohen)
15:10 mario #info Mario Guilin ByWater Solutions
15:10 thd +1 tcohen
15:11 cait congratulations! :)
15:11 nengard congrats
15:11 cait tcohen++
15:11 JesseM congrats tcohen
15:11 ashimema you poor bugger tcohen..
15:11 cait #topic Vote on Release Maintainers
15:11 Topic for #koha is now Vote on Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:11 nengard heh
15:11 chris_n +1
15:11 ashimema sorry.. menna say congrats ;)
15:11 tcohen thanks for your support #koha
15:11 cait #info Candidates are: 3.16: Galen Charlton, 3.14 Fridolin Somers, 3.12 Kyle Hall
15:11 tcohen i know i'll do my best
15:11 chris_n #info Chris Nighswonger FBC
15:12 marcelr +1 for all three of them
15:12 cait please vote :)
15:12 talljoy +1
15:12 chris_n +1
15:12 Joubu +1
15:12 nengard +1 to all three
15:12 JesseM +1
15:12 ashimema +1 to all three
15:12 cait cait: +1, gmcharlt: +1
15:12 oleonard +1
15:12 tcohen +1
15:12 bag +1
15:12 tajoli +1 for all three
15:12 thd +1 all
15:12 bgkriegel +1 all
15:12 tcohen +1 all
15:13 cait #agreed Release maintainers are Galen Charlton (gmcharlt, 3.14), Fridolin Somers (3.14) and Kyle Hall (khall, 3.12)
15:13 cait #topic Vote on Module maintainers
15:13 Topic for #koha is now Vote on Module maintainers (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:13 Joubu s/3.14/3.16
15:13 tcohen gmcharlt  3.16
15:13 cait #info Candidates are...on the wiki
15:13 cait oh typoed
15:13 cait thx
15:13 oleonard So no more official support for 3.10 or 3.8?
15:14 cait #agreed .. and that would be Galen Charlton for 3.16!
15:14 cait oleonard: so far noone stepped up, i think we could still have somoene elected later
15:14 cait i am quite glad khall stepped up for 3.12 actually
15:14 oleonard khall++
15:14 ashimema khall++ indeed
15:15 bag khall++
15:15 talljoy khall++
15:15 nengard khall++
15:15 tcohen khall++ # lots of stuff
15:15 cait because it looked like that would go eol for a bit too
15:15 khall 3.8 has not needed an update in many months, I would be willing to work on 3.12, 3.10 and 3.8 if needed
15:16 JesseM khall++
15:16 khall I expect updates to 3.10 will be rare, and 3.8 even more so
15:16 tajoli very good khall
15:16 ashimema the whole LTS and support length is another conversation really..
15:16 marcelr i would focus on 3.12, khall
15:16 cait probably only security updates now
15:16 khall agreed
15:16 ashimema sounds fair to me..
15:16 ashimema +1
15:16 tcohen +1
15:17 cait thx to all who volunteered for being module maintainers
15:17 cait +1, gmcharlt +1
15:17 cait I am going to not list all in the agreed - please forgive me for that :)
15:17 nengard +1
15:17 JesseM +1
15:17 bag no vote for myself -->  but +1 for the rest
15:17 oleonard +1 for module maintainers
15:17 talljoy +1
15:17 * chris_n volunteers to keep riding herd on label, et. al.
15:18 cait +1 for chris_n :)
15:18 marcelr +1 for all MM
15:18 ashimema I was tihnking of volunteering for a module next time around.. but sticking to QA this time
15:18 ashimema +1 for all those who stepped up, good show
15:18 marcelr do not leave QA, ashimena
15:18 Joubu +1 for others, -1 for me (Acq will be a pain...)
15:18 bag heh Joubu++
15:19 ashimema was thinking I might persuade the boss to let me do both ;)
15:19 thd +1 sll
15:19 cait yeah, extra cookies for Joubu :)
15:19 ashimema Joubu++
15:19 tcohen Joubu++
15:19 cait ok, ready for an agreed? :)
15:19 bag ashimema: aren't you the boss of yourself
15:19 marcelr ashimena: you can always enter QA but never leave :)
15:19 cait #agreed All module maintainers elected (see wiki)
15:19 ashimema nah, the other half's gotta have some say bag ;)
15:19 cait #topic Vote on Translation manager
15:19 Topic for #koha is now Vote on Translation manager (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:20 cait #info candidate is Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
15:20 bag +1
15:20 oleonard +1
15:20 marcelr +1
15:20 tajoli +1
15:20 JesseM +1
15:20 ashimema +1 Bernardo
15:20 Joubu +1
15:20 tcohen +1
15:20 cait bgkriegel++ # great work!
15:20 talljoy +1
15:20 cait and +1, gmcharlt +1
15:20 chris_n +1
15:20 bgkriegel thx :)
15:20 nengard +1
15:21 khall +1
15:21 thd +1
15:21 cait #agreed New old translation manager is Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel (bgkriegel)
15:21 cait #topic Documentation manager
15:21 Topic for #koha is now Documentation manager (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:22 cait #info candidate is Nicole Engard (nengard)
15:22 cait please vote :)
15:22 oleonard I thought nengard had been elected for a lifetime term :P
15:22 chris_n +1
15:22 cait +1, gmcharlt +1
15:22 talljoy +1
15:22 oleonard +1
15:22 * nengard too
15:22 barton +1
15:22 JesseM +1
15:22 chris_n nengard++
15:22 bag +1
15:22 ashimema nengard++
15:22 Joubu +1
15:22 ashimema life term ;)
15:22 thd +1
15:22 ashimema +1
15:22 bgkriegel +1
15:22 tajoli +1
15:23 marcelr +1
15:23 khall +1
15:23 tcohen +1
15:23 cait #agreed New Documentation manager - Nicole Engard (nengard)
15:23 nengard :)
15:23 cait #topic Quality Assurance Manager
15:23 Topic for #koha is now Quality Assurance Manager (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:23 edveal #info edveal ByWater
15:24 cait #info candidate: Katrin Fischer (cait)
15:24 nengard +1
15:24 chris_n +1
15:24 oleonard +1 for cait!
15:24 edveal +1
15:24 bag +1
15:24 ashimema cait++
15:24 barton +1
15:24 Joubu cait++
15:24 Joubu +1
15:24 ashimema +1 for cait
15:24 bag cait++
15:24 talljoy +1
15:24 chris_n cait++
15:24 thd ashemima: Yes, it  could become a penal sentence
15:24 khall +1
15:24 tcohen +1
15:24 JesseM +1
15:24 thd +1
15:24 bgkriegel +1
15:24 JesseM cait++
15:24 rocio +1
15:25 mario +1
15:25 laurence left #koha
15:25 nengard cait we skipped the DB doc manager  (just a reminder to go back)
15:25 cait yep, will fix after qa assistants
15:25 cait sorry,  had scrolled too far
15:25 nengard no problem!
15:25 cait #agreed Katrin Fischer will be Quality Assurance Manager
15:26 tcohen :-D
15:26 marcelr +1 for cait
15:26 thd nengard++
15:26 cait thx all :)
15:26 cait #topic Quality Asssurance Team
15:26 Topic for #koha is now Quality Asssurance Team (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:26 cait long list of candidates - let's keep the queue small :)
15:27 thd +1 all we can have
15:27 JesseM +1 to all
15:27 oleonard +1 to all
15:27 marcelr +1
15:27 chris_n +1 to all
15:27 tcohen +1 all
15:27 tajoli +1 to all
15:27 talljoy +1
15:27 edveal +1 to all
15:27 Joubu +1
15:27 nengard +1
15:27 cait #info Candidates are: Martin Renvoize, Marcel de Rooy, Brendan Gallagher, Paul Poulain, Julian Maurice, Jonathan Druart, Galen Charlton, Kyle M Hall
15:27 cait +1 to all of them!
15:27 cait +1 from gmcharlt as well
15:27 barton +1 to all.
15:27 ashimema +1 to all
15:27 barton (and all for 1)
15:28 rocio +1 to all
15:28 rocio lol barton
15:28 cait #agreed QA team: Martin Renvoize, Marcel de Rooy, Brendan Gallagher, Paul Poulain, Julian Maurice, Jonathan Druart, Galen Charlton, Kyle M Hall
15:28 cait hmwondering if the election is official before the second meeting?
15:29 cait but I don't expect too many changes :)
15:29 cait #topic Database documentation manager
15:29 Topic for #koha is now Database documentation manager (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:29 cait #info candidate is Zeno Tajoli
15:29 nengard +1
15:29 cait #1, gmcharlt +1
15:29 thd +1
15:29 cait hm +1
15:29 oleonard +1
15:29 JesseM +1
15:29 tcohen +1
15:29 barton +1
15:30 Joubu +1
15:30 edveal +1
15:30 ashimema +1
15:30 bgkriegel +1
15:30 bag +1
15:30 talljoy +1
15:30 khall +1
15:30 cait #agreed Database documentation manager is Zeno Tajoli
15:30 cait #topic  Packaging manager
15:30 Topic for #koha is now Packaging manager (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:30 tajoli :)
15:30 cait #info candidate is Robin Sheat (eythian)
15:30 marcelr +1
15:31 thd +1
15:31 bag +1
15:31 JesseM +1
15:31 cait almost done, hang on everyone :)
15:31 ashimema +1 for Robin..
15:31 cait +1, gmcharlt +1
15:31 Joubu +1
15:31 tajoli +1
15:31 talljoy +1
15:31 cait also eythian++ packages++
15:31 bgkriegel +1
15:31 rocio +1
15:31 oleonard +1
15:31 barton +1
15:31 cait #agreed Packaging manager is Robin Sheat
15:31 cait #topic Bug Wranglers
15:31 Topic for #koha is now Bug Wranglers (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:31 cait our list of bug wranglers is quite short this time
15:31 thd +1
15:32 cait any last minute wranglers? :)
15:32 khall +1
15:32 talljoy +1
15:32 oleonard +1
15:32 cait #candidate: Zeno Tajoli
15:32 wahanui well, Zeno Tajoli is the person who has introduced UNIMARC italian support into Koha
15:32 nengard +1
15:32 thd +1 all volunteers
15:32 edveal +1
15:32 cait ok, isee you people are on auto pilot by now :)
15:32 oleonard :)
15:32 * cait thinks oleonard is also a bug wrangler
15:32 wahanui okay, cait.
15:32 tcohen +1
15:32 cait ah wahanui...
15:32 cait +1, gmcharlt +1
15:33 Joubu +1
15:33 tcohen +1 # eythian, missed that 7
15:33 cait #agreed Bug wranglers... Zeno Tajoli
15:33 cait done!
15:33 tajoli :)
15:33 cait We got a release team 3.18 :)
15:33 ashimema I'll get athaei to volunteer before the seocnd meeting ;)
15:33 thd I still control my autopilot even in my sleep. :)
15:33 cait community++
15:34 tcohen koha+
15:34 cait :)
15:34 cait i am not sure we wll make the whole agenda in the time remaining
15:35 cait hm let's see:)
15:35 ashimema maybe not.. but worth starting ;)
15:35 * barton is stayin' the distance.
15:35 cait #topic Discussion: Role of Module Maintainrs
15:35 Topic for #koha is now Discussion: Role of Module Maintainrs (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:35 cait another typo, gr.
15:35 cait on the agenda is a link to the discussion page in the wiki, with some opinions about this
15:36 ashimema I'll take over if you have to go cait ;) (assuming I can remember any irc commands)
15:36 cait #link[…]ule_maintainer_do
15:36 cait ashimema: thx:) if you could take over at around :50 that would be awesome
15:36 ashimema :)
15:37 cait I made the topic, i can't force you all to discuss :)
15:37 ashimema I think tcohens 'Communication would be key' sums up my thoughts on Module maintainers.
15:37 * cait agrees
15:38 tcohen my thought is that MM are people that have a deep insight on the problems related to a specific module
15:38 tajoli I'm agree with tcohen
15:38 ashimema yup..
15:38 tcohen as I expressed before, the main help will be integrating patch series into topic branches
15:39 * chris_n would suggest that MMs be able to QA within their module as well
15:39 tcohen which as RM i'd pull. I really hope i can do it well regarding to communication
15:40 ashimema agree with chris_n, it's often hard to find the expertise for certain area's in koha.. diluting the pool by removing the MM from QA for their module would just make that harder..
15:40 bag yes - MM has a good idea of what's important to get push to "help" his module.  I view my role would be to help encourage others to test and QA patches in "my" module... so things don't get lost.  Encouragement - then once it's all good - communicate with the RM to say it's important and has passed all steps :)
15:41 ashimema bag++
15:41 cait ashimema: i agree about that for some areas, other areas like holds and circs often can't have enough eyes on them
15:41 cait bag++
15:41 tcohen bag++
15:41 cait i think i like that idea - havign someone being responsible for an area, taking care no kittens get lost, prioritize etc
15:41 cait communicate :)
15:41 thd tcohen: Do you have any comment about the thought from paul_p that a module maintainer is automatically part of the  QA team for that  module?
15:42 paul_p hey, I missed the start of the meeting !
15:42 ashimema agreed cait, where there's not a lack of expertise, then get as many eys on the ball as possible... and as bag says, that's part of the MM's job.. to promote poeple looking at bugs in their area.
15:42 paul_p thx to call me thd !
15:42 cait thd: hm i think that goes into a very similar direction as the question before
15:42 paul_p (time passes so quickly...)
15:42 bag also for something with LDAP/SIP which I volunteered for - it's hard for people to test - so ideally I will help provide a testing suite to help, move things along
15:43 cait :)
15:43 thd paul_p: Would there be a danger of reduced review in your thought?
15:43 cait everything server side is a bit hard to get people on
15:43 ashimema perfect bag..
15:43 cait ldap, sip, packages, etc.
15:43 tcohen thd: i've just read the ongoing discussion (i've just arrived Cordoba from a month abroad)
15:43 ashimema I hadn't thought about that side.. good idea.. give people the tools to fish and they'll feed themsevles froever ;)
15:44 cait heh
15:44 bag welcome back tcohen :)
15:44 paul_p well, it was just a question/suggestion. and my main feeling is that it's the RM that should decide !
15:44 cait +1
15:44 paul_p tcohen welcome back 3.18 RM !!!
15:45 tcohen as i see it, MM should be part of the QA team, and the ones responsible of integrating the patches fr their modules for pulling
15:45 tcohen and i don't think this should prevent scrutiny from other QA members
15:45 paul_p maybe we should let tcohen some time to be back, and talk about that in the next days
15:45 cait I'd like MM not to replace QA
15:45 tcohen thanks paul_p
15:46 nengard left #koha
15:46 cait we will have overlap, but let's give it a try to get otherson board for testing
15:46 * paul_p remember his honeymoon, 20 years ago...
15:46 ashimema communication is key.. :)
15:46 ashimema +1 to communication
15:46 thd paul_p: I think that your sus excellent and of course the RM should decide.  I merely see the possibility of risk for not enough independent examination in merging MM with QA.
15:46 tcohen nothing ever gets pushed without a lot of eyes on it
15:46 cait :)
15:47 cait i will move the topic if that's ok?
15:47 tcohen this is a matter of trust and communication
15:47 chris_n I think if MMs are ever to direct push, they will need to QA also to some extent
15:47 paul_p thd = OTOH, if adding MM is only adding one step, I think/fear it won't improve our workflow.
15:47 thd paul_p: I think that it is a necessary risk to cope with the volume well.
15:47 thd s/volume/volume of patches/
15:48 paul_p thd (not sure I understand what you mean)
15:50 cait hm maybe we should move on and leave at that for now?
15:50 paul_p +1
15:50 cait #topic Discussion: Role of Release maintainers
15:50 ashimema +1
15:50 Topic for #koha is now Discussion: Role of Release maintainers (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
15:50 thd paul_p:The task of RM is very large and motivates using MM, similarly the task of QA, consequently I think that your thought about MM merging somewhat with QA is a good one despite risks of insufficient independence.
15:50 cait #link http://lists.koha-community.or[…]April/040420.html
15:51 paul_p thd= ok, so you mostly agree with me, right ? ;-)
15:51 cait linking to an email from gmcharlt on the mailing list
15:51 chris_n paul_p: probably the MM is a mini-RM for a given module with similar RM prerogatives limited to a given module
15:51 cait I think his definition covers the current role well
15:51 thd paul_p: I completely agree  I merely nopte the risk so that we can be aware of it.
15:52 paul_p chris_n that's my feeling & what I'd like to see on Koha !
15:52 thd paul_p++
15:52 ashimema ++
15:52 ashimema right.. so release maintainers..
15:53 cait i have to run :) - be good for ashimema #koha
15:53 ashimema I think the bigger question here is 'Should we adopt a more rigid release/support pattern'
15:54 ashimema in terms of.. how long we should support our cycle..
15:54 ashimema to me there's also two levels of support..
15:54 ashimema security only fixes, and bug fixes..
15:54 ashimema anyone?
15:54 wahanui Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
15:54 paul_p ashimema = I fear it's all related to having a volunteer to maintain !
15:54 thd paul_p++
15:55 ashimema having volunteers, or encouraging people to step up?
15:55 paul_p ashimema = for 3.14, I alsmot can guarantee you'll get a RMaint for the next 12 months, because we're deploying it a lot ;-)
15:55 ashimema ;)
15:55 ashimema likewise
15:55 oleonard I think the point is that if we *want* to adopt a more rigid release/support pattern then we can do more to convince folks to take on the role. Still no guarantee though.
15:56 ashimema oleonard++ exactly my thoughts
15:56 bgkriegel joined #koha
15:56 thd Despite the truth of needing a maintainer to volunteer, we might have an official community position that the community strives to maintain the previous X release for period Y.
15:57 ashimema I think the stats stuff will be usefull to tell us our demographic better too..
15:57 ashimema I actualyl have very little idea of what versions are in the wild outside of our own comapny ;)
15:57 tajoli For me as comunity i think we need encouraging people to step up around 18-24 months. LTS si for paid costumers
15:58 kmlussier left #koha
15:58 ashimema 18-24 months is 3-4 releases..
15:58 ashimema which is about what we've got ;)
15:58 tajoli In fact is the today situation
15:58 paul_p ashimema = 18 months sounds a good duration.
15:58 paul_p (to me)
15:58 tcohen we could add to the mix the fac tthat the current channel/pocket schema in the Debian repo makes people inadvertedly shift version too soon
15:59 paul_p channel/pocket schema ???
15:59 ashimema good point tcohen.. there was a mail thread aobut that too i think
15:59 tcohen ashimema: i missed it as well
15:59 tcohen paul_p: we call 'squeeze' the stable version
16:00 tcohen we where in 3.12.5 when 3.14.0 overwrote 'squeeze'
16:00 ashimema just trying to dig it out..
16:00 ashimema there was a conversation about switching the repository to testing, stable and oldstable..
16:01 thd squeeze forever :)
16:01 ashimema then trying to keep those inline with our verisoning instead of confusing people with squeeze, wheezy stuff.
16:02 tcohen i'm in favour of using "3.12" "3.14" and so on instead
16:02 * liw pipes in and says he'd be happy to discuss the apt repository setup if that'd be helpful, but not right now since he's at work and busy with things
16:02 ashimema how would you 'deprecate' a version tcohen?
16:02 ashimema liw, whose liw.. forgive my ignorance
16:02 tcohen lars
16:03 ashimema ooh.. lars. didn't know he still lurked..
16:03 liw (I made the .deb packages originally, though I haven't been involved in years)
16:03 tcohen liw: i'd be great to discuss it whenever you have time to do it
16:03 ashimema lets have a chat at a more appropriate moment maybe.. get the key players in packages together.
16:03 liw if someone can give me a URL to the email thread, I'll respond to that when I can
16:04 ashimema adn.. we're no in overtime for the meeting chaps.
16:04 ashimema I'll dig it out liw
16:04 ashimema http://lists.koha-community.or[…]April/040430.html
16:05 ashimema that's one thread.. but it morphed into another which i'm trying to find.
16:05 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "thread" (1 line) at
16:05 ashimema actually.. i think it's all there.
16:05 liw ashimema, thanks; do continue the meeting
16:06 ashimema so.. shall we move on..
16:06 ashimema #Topic Additions to Coding guidelines
16:06 Topic for #koha is now Additions to Coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
16:06 ashimema Does everyone agree on deprecating C4::Dates?
16:06 ashimema (first I've spotted this :S)
16:07 Joubu +1 for deprecating C4/*
16:07 ashimema +1
16:07 ashimema anyone else?
16:07 tcohen +1
16:08 ashimema and moving on again
16:08 ashimema #Topic Big stuff we are working on
16:08 Topic for #koha is now Big stuff we are working on (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
16:08 thd Has it not already been deprecated and is the issue not more about updating the coding guidelines to reflect that?
16:08 ashimema good spot thd..
16:08 thd +1
16:08 oleonard ashimema: Did we arrive at an #agreed on that one?
16:08 ashimema yeah, we should reflect the change
16:09 ashimema +1
16:09 gmcharlt a commit adding a big "DO NOT USE" to C4/Dates.lpm would also be good
16:09 ashimema funny how peopel pipe up when you decide to move on ;).. works a charm
16:09 * gmcharlt is not really hear
16:09 gmcharlt *here
16:09 ashimema +1 to gmcharlt's suggestion
16:09 ashimema I'm happy to add it to the Coding guidlines if we agree..
16:10 thd +1
16:10 ashimema hell, lets go for it.
16:10 ashimema #agreed Add 'Deprecate C4/ to coding guidlines'
16:11 thd +1 Changing the guidelines and adding an unmissable comment to the code..
16:11 ashimema can we now move on.. pretty please.. :)
16:11 barton How 'bout a 'depricated()' method in C4/
16:11 barton sorry. will shutup now.
16:12 ashimema hehe..
16:12 ashimema did anyone have any anouncments then?
16:12 ashimema i facny that'll be more for the part 2 of this meeting.. if there are any?
16:13 ashimema ok, moving on again then..
16:13 ashimema #Topic Date of next meeting.
16:13 Topic for #koha is now Date of next meeting. (Meeting topic: Dev IRC Meeting, part 1)
16:13 ashimema gmcharlt suggest same times on the 30th
16:14 ashimema +1 from me, though I personally can't make it
16:14 thd +1 Same times 30 April
16:14 barton umholdon...
16:15 tajoli not 30 May ?
16:15 oleonard Another meeting in 1 week?
16:15 barton bywater staff retreat is going on then...
16:15 ashimema 30 May, me thinks..
16:15 barton I don't know if that matters...
16:15 ashimema I only got 30th in the chat ;)..
16:15 ashimema 1 week is a bit short ;)
16:15 gmcharlt oleonard: next week is too soon, but mid-May or late May
16:15 oleonard 30 May is a Friday
16:15 gaetan_B bye
16:16 oleonard Wednesday 21 May?
16:16 * thd assumed some agenda forthcoming for 30 April -- oops.
16:17 gmcharlt +1 21 May
16:17 barton ok nevermind. may.
16:17 ashimema 21st is also good by me.. (and I can make that at the moment ;) )
16:17 wahanui okay, ashimema.
16:17 ashimema +1
16:17 thd +1 21 May same times.
16:17 tajoli +1 21 May same times.
16:18 ashimema ok, wanting to bring this to a close now.. only 1/3 time over ;)
16:18 ashimema #agreed 21st May for next meeting(s)
16:19 thd ashimema++
16:19 ashimema #endmeeting
16:19 Topic for #koha is now Next general meeting is 7 May 2014 at 15:00 and 21:00 UTC. Welcome to the IRC home of Koha Please use for pastes.
16:19 huginn Meeting ended Wed Apr 23 16:19:45 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
16:19 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-04-23-15.03.html
16:19 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]4-04-23-15.03.txt
16:19 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]23-15.03.log.html
16:20 oleonard ashimema++ # thanks for chairing
16:20 ashimema got a feeling I may need to get those logs cleaned up slightly.. never driven meetbot before..
16:20 ashimema appologies
16:21 barton_lunch ashimema: yeah, the clutch is tricky with the meetbot, and you never know how much gas to give it...
16:21 ashimema not too far out by the looks.. only my minor mess up for moving on topic before agreeing at the end ;)
16:21 ashimema hehe
16:22 thd If I am tired, then I must be awake and must be in the wrong (sleep|wale) state.
16:22 thd s/wale/wake/
16:22 tajoli do you know who manage ?
16:24 wajasu rangi
16:26 tajoli Ok, thank you !!
16:32 tajoli left #koha
17:17 WNickC joined #koha
17:30 oleonard Isn't there a preference for controlling whether an marking an item lost removes it from the patron's checkouts or not?
17:36 francharb oleonard, I think it's not a preference
17:36 francharb but manageable with the script
17:36 francharb longoverdue
17:36 oleonard Okay maybe that's what I was thinking of.
17:38 francharb I just checked, its the  "mark-returned" parameter I was thinking of
17:38 francharb ;)
17:39 oleonard Thanks francharb
17:42 DaSa joined #koha
17:49 mtompset joined #koha
18:02 meliss joined #koha
18:08 barton quick zebra question:
18:09 * mtompset chokes, "Quick?! Zebra?!"
18:09 smrt joined #koha
18:12 meliss joined #koha
18:14 barton heh.
18:15 barton I've got zebra indexes set up by 'w', 'p' and 's' ... 'w' => keyword, 'p' => phrase, 's' => ???
18:16 barton spaghetti? stagnation? supercalifragilisticexplaladociousness?
18:17 * barton considers that this is actually something that I'm explaining to a partner ... maybe supercalifragilisticexplaladociousness would work ...
18:18 barton wb oleonard.
18:20 bag barton how about string
18:21 bag barton:[…]diting_record.abs
18:21 bag (:w = Word, :p = Phrase, :s = String, :n = Number, default = Phrase)
18:22 barton Hm. I'll have to hit the link to see what the difference between 'Phrase' and 'String' is.
18:22 barton I was wondering if it was string, but that seemed redundant.
18:22 barton thanks bag.
18:23 barton I'm still partial to :s = supercalifragilisticexplaladociousness
18:24 bag my first guess would be - that string is exact and phrase isn't as exact.  Or maybe phrase is more than one subfield and string is only one subfield?
18:24 bag doesn't know
18:25 barton I was going to guess the former...
18:25 barton mostly because I hadn't thought of the latter.
18:26 barton zebra: clarity of options eclipsed only by breadth and depth of documentation.
18:27 DaSa It might also be how multiple terms are treated, as a single phrase or as individual terms like by Boolean operators
18:27 barton in this case, close is good enough.
18:35 reiveune bye
18:35 reiveune left #koha
18:35 tcohen bye
18:54 cait joined #koha
18:56 francharb joined #koha
18:57 * cait waves
18:59 tcohen hi cait
18:59 cait hi tcohen :)
19:04 francharb joined #koha
19:10 Dyrcona1 joined #koha
19:27 chris_n cait: 8375 looks fine
19:27 * chris_n has also signed off on 9854
19:28 chris_n I'll try to get to 12068 before the end of the week
19:33 francharb joined #koha
19:35 tcohen @later tell fridolin where is the 3.14.x jenkins run?
19:35 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
19:35 cait hi chris_n - sorry, totally exhausted right now - i will look up the bugs
19:35 cait bug 8375
19:35 wahanui bug 8375 is surposed to fix something, and it's on the right track, but not sufficiant to make utf-8 work.
19:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8375 normal, P5 - low, ---, matted-34813, Signed Off , Common diacritics not shown correctly when exporting batch label to PDF
19:35 tcohen i can't reproduce the errors
19:36 cait bug 9854
19:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9854 normal, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, BLOCKED , Add 'ttf-dejavu*' packages to debian/control file, for label printing (bug 8375)
19:36 cait bug 12068
19:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12068 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Needs Signoff , Add support for RTL languages
19:36 cait chris_n++
19:37 francharb joined #koha
19:41 oleonard Bye #koha
19:49 francharb joined #koha
19:50 francharb joined #koha
19:53 tcohen gotta run, have a nice day #koha
19:59 francharb joined #koha
20:08 hankbank joined #koha
20:11 francharb joined #koha
20:18 * talljoy wonders if it's safe to get comfortable or if i'll be booted.
20:22 talljoy i'm looking at the perldoc for ModItem and have a question on the use for non public notes.  (more item subfields).  I'm not understanding the optional fourth paramter description in perldoc.  anyone know about this?
20:23 cait do you have a link?
20:23 talljoy http://perldoc.koha-community.[…]tems.html#ModItem
20:23 talljoy i've used ModItem a lot to update item data.  but not for nonpublic notes.  and it's high time i learned to do that.
20:24 cait hmm
20:24 cait maybe you could look at the code in koha that does it?
20:25 cait it probably needs to know th emarc field
20:25 talljoy that was my next step to see how koha does it
20:25 talljoy it looks like unliked_item_subfields=(x......) with all the 'other' subfields that get stored as xml
20:31 WNickC poor unliked subfields :-(
20:32 trea joined #koha
20:39 DaSa left #koha
20:40 francharb joined #koha
20:43 talljoy i do most definitely unlike the unlinked ones.  heh
20:48 BobB_ joined #koha
20:49 grex_ joined #koha
20:50 janPasi joined #koha
20:52 thd-away joined #koha
20:52 wizzyrea joined #koha
20:53 matts_away joined #koha
20:53 Joubu joined #koha
20:54 trea joined #koha
20:55 francharb joined #koha
20:57 kathryn joined #koha
21:00 tgoat joined #koha
21:00 francharb joined #koha
21:04 francharb joined #koha
21:22 mario_afk joined #koha
21:28 cait joined #koha
21:36 bgkriegel joined #koha
21:40 pianohacker joined #koha
21:51 cait ashimema++ # meeting and lal
22:06 BobB joined #koha
22:15 irma joined #koha
22:20 BobB joined #koha
22:20 bag cait: you around?
22:21 cait for a few more mins
22:21 cait it's quite late here
22:22 NateC joined #koha
22:30 eythian hi
22:30 wahanui salut, eythian
22:37 bag heya eythian
22:37 wahanui it has been said that eythian is great at jokes. That everyone else misses them isn't his problem.
22:42 eythian @later tell cait pianohacker is hoping to have a look at packaging stuff for bug 10486, it probably won't be too difficult.
22:42 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
22:42 cait hi eythian
22:42 cait does that mean pianohacker is looking or you are?
22:42 cait *confused*
22:42 eythian he is.
22:43 cait ah, so you 2 talked already
22:43 cait ?
22:43 eythian yeah
22:43 eythian about this time yesterday
22:44 cait :)
22:44 cait pianohacker++ eythian++
22:44 cait ah people, don't forget to have the irc meeting... i am going to sleep :)
22:44 cait night :)
22:44 cait left #koha
23:06 papa joined #koha
23:44 chrisvella94 joined #koha
23:45 dcook joined #koha
23:45 faridne joined #koha
23:46 faridne left #koha
23:52 mario_away left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary