IRC log for #koha, 2013-12-04

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 ashimema joined #koha
00:23 ashimema joined #koha
00:28 JesseM joined #koha
00:34 yhager joined #koha
00:43 chris2 joined #koha
00:46 chrisvella94 joined #koha
00:47 maximep left #koha
00:53 ashimema joined #koha
00:56 irma joined #koha
01:31 yhager joined #koha
01:32 eythian wahanui: status
01:32 wahanui Since Wed Nov 20 21:29:42 2013, there have been 324 modifications and 78 questions.  I have been awake for 13 days, 4 hours, 3 minutes, 3 seconds this session, and currently reference 34434 factoids. Addressing is in optional mode.
01:33 eythian anyone know anything about doing bulk patron imports and populating patron attributes at the same time?
01:33 wizzyrea you mean through the interface
01:33 wizzyrea ?
01:35 eythian yeah
01:35 wizzyrea I believe it is documented
01:35 dcook Sounds familiar but I'm not sure that's possible in the older Koha that I use
01:36 wizzyrea Tip: If loading patron attributes, the 'patron_attributes' field should contain a comma-separated list of attribute types and values.
01:36 wizzyrea ^ is in the online help
01:36 eythian yeah, just found it in the manual
01:36 wizzyrea \o/
01:36 eythian documentation eh. Who'da though.
01:36 dcook hehe
01:36 wizzyrea :D
01:37 eythian patron_attributes isn't documented on the actual page, which is a bit silly.
01:37 wizzyrea yea, it is.
01:37 wizzyrea actually it's a bit silly how it's documented period.
01:37 joat- joined #koha
01:39 wizzyrea truly, users do not know to check the online help.
01:39 wizzyrea it's actually really helpful!
01:39 wizzyrea well sometimes not. but usually.
01:40 eythian Next question: how do I tell libreoffice to prefix every cell in a column with a fixed string?
01:40 jcamins Ugh.
01:40 jcamins My e-mail filter stopped working.
01:41 wizzyrea
01:41 wizzyrea curses.
01:42 eythian oh hey, it's jcamins's favourite!
01:43 jcamins His e-mail address changed.
01:43 jcamins And he's too important to use a last name.
01:48 eythian Like Madonna
01:50 rangi yeah im not sure that he even gets a say
01:50 jcamins rangi: he volunteered to RMaint 3.6.x. If he does that, he gets a say.
01:51 eythian he hasn't actually done more than volunteer though
01:51 jcamins eythian: right, he gets a say when he RMaints for 3.6.x.
01:53 eythian This borrower data uses the "title" field for both "Dr" and "Do no lend."
01:53 eythian I'm not totally sure how to resolve this.
01:54 jcamins eythian: don't allow doctors to borrow books.
01:54 rangi
01:54 rangi ok ?
01:54 rangi before i hit send
01:55 eythian I think so
01:55 jcamins Sounds fine to me.
01:55 eythian It's only about the 15th time he's weighed in while confused.
01:55 rangi yeah
01:57 edveal joined #koha
01:59 rangi chris_n++
02:00 rangi ill leave it
02:00 yhager joined #koha
02:05 * eythian contatenats "title" with the notes field, and also inserts it as "title." I'll let the library sort it out.
02:14 eythian oh hey, the unique ID field has duplicates.
02:14 dcook confetti
02:14 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
02:15 jcamins more confetti
02:15 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'​`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'
02:15 jcamins even more confetti
02:16 jcamins eythian: sorry, you only get two servings of confetti.
02:21 eythian :<
02:25 eythian Oh hey, there's an old uni friend in this borrowers database (and his data is being problematic.)
02:26 jcamins eythian: perfect. Charge him a fine.
02:26 eythian I should!
02:26 jcamins "I was migrating your data, and ran into problems with it, so I am fining you one gourmet beer."
02:27 eythian I feel this is quite acceptable.
02:47 Dyrcona joined #koha
03:22 jcamins Pffft.
03:23 * jcamins just saw the kohadevreactions gif.
03:23 BigRig joined #koha
03:23 jcamins Well, the e-mail it was about.
03:25 jcamins I'm all for next generation library systems, that's arguably what Biblionarrator is, but... really?
03:42 irma joined #koha
03:42 Dyrcona jcamins: got a link to the gif?
03:43 * Dyrcona suspects he knows what it is about.
03:43 mtj http://kohadevreactions.tumblr[…]image/68930259566
03:43 mtj[…]ember/000636.html
03:43 chrisvella94 joined #koha
03:44 mtj just reading it now...
03:44 Dyrcona Thanks. I did find the image with Google. Should have just looked first.
03:44 Dyrcona Yeah, I know all about the email.
03:45 mtj …pretty bizarre stuff, considering the terms 'last gen' and 'next gen' are absolutely meaningless O_o
03:50 dac joined #koha
04:03 dcook hehe
04:03 dcook I love looking at Kohadevreactions after a while
04:03 dcook It never fails to amuse
04:05 Dyrcona I like the on about "you don't pay me." I tell Evergreen folks that all the time.
04:21 mtompset joined #koha
04:21 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
04:22 mtompset Question: what might cause duplicate report listings in the guided reports?
04:32 dcook Different report numbers and same name?
04:32 dcook Off the top of my head, pressing "Save" twice when originally saving the repor
04:32 dcook report*
04:32 dcook But that's just a guess
04:41 mtompset duplicate authorized values, I think. :)
04:52 mtompset okay... deleted duplicate ids... how do I check for data consistency?
05:09 yhager joined #koha
05:32 yhager joined #koha
05:35 mtompset woo hoo! I think I'm in the clear.
05:58 seg joined #koha
05:58 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
06:10 paxed catalogue/            <option value="l-format:fk" >Braille</option>
06:10 paxed according to _what_ format?!
06:16 yhager joined #koha
06:46 seg joined #koha
06:50 * magnuse gives an early wave
06:51 irma joined #koha
07:04 laurence joined #koha
07:30 busla joined #koha
07:46 reiveune joined #koha
07:47 reiveune hello
07:57 alex_a joined #koha
08:07 sophie_m joined #koha
08:18 magnuse huh, is there something seriously wrong with my browser, or is the "add serial" screen behaving weirdly in master?
08:23 magnuse ah, might be because i did not install nb-NO after the upgrade...
08:29 magnuse ok, so every time i start writing something into a form in the intranet, focus jumps to "search the catalog" or at least one of the search fields at the top of the page... anyone else seen that?
08:33 magnuse restarted browser and still the same thing happens
08:36 magnuse only happens using translations, not when english is chosen
08:40 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:40 gaetan_B hello
08:40 wahanui niihau, gaetan_B
09:04 cait joined #koha
09:09 ashimema joined #koha
09:09 ashimema morning all
09:09 ashimema cait, you about?
09:09 cait kind of :)
09:09 cait morning :)
09:10 ashimema Am I OK to QA bug 10944 (the amazon images over https one)
09:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10944 minor, P5 - low, ---, robin, Signed Off , Mixed content warnings in results and detail with Amazon images on https
09:10 ashimema I think your issues are just ssl seetup problems unrelated to the bug itself.. (and bootstrap?)
09:10 cait yep
09:10 cait bit embarassed i missed bootstrap
09:10 cait but what was also weird was that i had the images in staff over https when it was http?
09:10 ashimema haha no worries, it caught me out for a while too
09:11 ashimema yeah, Liz has explained that in a comment..
09:11 ashimema Robin chose to set https for imaages in staff at all times.. it doesn't do any harm.
09:11 ashimema there's no using_https template param to latch onto in staff client from the looks..
09:12 ashimema so I was thinking that was ok?
09:12 cait ah ok
09:12 cait haven't caught up with mails yet
09:12 ashimema unless yo can think of a regression thats somehow brought in by using https in the staff client?
09:12 cait i am ok with that
09:12 cait i am only worried a bit about com vs. de
09:12 cait if anything
09:12 ashimema I'll be trying to work through that as part of my qa..
09:12 cait still wondering if itwill give the same results hm.
09:13 ashimema likewise for and the other locales.
09:13 cait it should not be too hard to test, but i have not very good data (not many covers)
09:13 cait yeah but i imagine the english speaking ones to be a bit more similar
09:13 cait but it might be all one data pool anyway
09:13 ashimema good point
09:15 * cait thinks the easiestwould be to kill the amazon cover feature... :P
09:19 cait ok, i guess i won't get far with that suggestion, but what you wrote sounds good
09:28 ashimema I think images always came form without localisation looking at the code cait.. so it doesn't look like a regression to me?
09:28 cait ah good, then i am all ok with it
09:30 ashimema Still going through code.. but it certainly appears that way so far.
09:32 pablito joined #koha
09:32 pablito hi all
09:33 pablito after cleaning my MARC data to import into Koha, I now can't see the Call Number for my books in Koha
09:34 cait pablito: where did you put the callnumber?
09:34 pablito i used the 952$o subfield for the call number
09:35 pablito the call number shows under "Full Call Number", but not under "Call Number" of the OPAC search
09:35 cait pablito: but the items got generated?
09:35 pablito yes
09:35 pablito I can send you my koha mapping
09:35 pablito what's the paste url?
09:35 cait hm where is full call number?
09:37 cait i can think of different things
09:37 cait so the callnumber shows in cataloguing but not in the opac?
09:37 pablito yes
09:37 pablito in cataloging only
09:37 cait result and detail page?
09:38 pablito yes
09:38 cait that is weird.
09:38 cait can you see the other item data in opac?
09:39 cait is only the callnumber missing or is the item  not showing up at all on the detail page?
09:39 pablito In OPAC, the books show up
09:39 pablito under the holding table, it doesn't show the call number
09:40 pablito though it shows the holding library, barcode, and availability
09:40 cait interesting.
09:40 wahanui i heard interesting was sometimes good and sometimes bad
09:40 cait you didn't do any jquery customizations i guess?
09:41 cait does it not show up in staff too?
09:41 pablito_ joined #koha
09:42 pablito sorry, lost wifi signal
09:43 pastebot "pablito" at pasted "my marc mapping" (60 lines) at
09:47 cait it looks ok to me for the items
09:47 cait how are your items formatted?
09:47 cait it should be only one 952 for each item
09:47 cait not multiple 952
09:48 pablito even when I tried to do the itemcallnumber mapping in system preferences to 852hi, it still would not show
09:50 cait 852$h$i won't work in Koha i nthink
09:50 cait 952$o is alright
09:50 cait I can't see why it would show up in cataloguing
09:50 cait could you try something?
09:50 cait add an item manually
09:50 cait and see if that shows up like it should in your opac
09:52 pablito ok, let's put this issue aside, i have another issue with another koha server
09:53 pablito if you don't mind :-)
09:54 pablito I loaded the same MARC data to another server, call it PROD SERVER, and I can't even search for anything; there is no results, even though on the import, I can see thousands of records
09:54 pablito i think it's a misconfiguration issue
09:57 busla joined #koha
09:58 pablito ok
10:00 cait maybe it's just your zebra server not running?
10:00 pablito you mean for my 2nd issue with the PROD SERVER?
10:01 pablito how would i start the zebra server?
10:01 cait yes, if you can't search it's more likely a zebra than an import problem
10:01 cait like the new records not being indexed
10:01 cait zebra server not running
10:01 cait cronjob not activated to update the index periodically
10:01 cait things like that
10:02 cait ashimema++
10:03 ashimema ?
10:05 pablito actually, I ran the "top" program and saw " zebrasrv" running
10:17 pablito cait: i have to go, thanks again for your help
10:18 magnuse search faq?
10:18 wahanui search faq is
10:33 cait joined #koha
10:37 * cait waves
10:37 * ashimema rejoices
10:41 cait :)
10:41 magnuse can budgets in acq be used for keeping track of spendings on serials?
10:46 ashimema joined #koha
11:11 cait magnuse: yes, since 3.12
11:12 cait before it was not really liked well together
11:14 magnuse cool
11:14 cait look for order from subscriptoin
11:14 magnuse i did some exploration and found something that seemed to work
11:14 magnuse yeah, found that :-)
11:14 magnuse i'm always a bit overwhelmed by acq, though...
11:21 * cait sends cookies
11:21 cait understandable :)
11:27 paxed what does the "Popularity" search result sorting depend on, number of loans for that title? or the stars given to it? or what?
11:30 magnuse paxed: i think it should be number of loans, but not sure how well it works
11:33 paxed ah. thanks.
11:35 paxed if i've found half a dozen typos, do i file separate bug for each?
11:37 ebegin joined #koha
11:39 ashimema joined #koha
11:42 laurence left #koha
11:51 ashimema joined #koha
12:03 cait hi khall
12:03 cait :)
12:03 khall mornin cait!
12:06 khall mornin #koha!
12:06 khall FYI, bug 6427 is ready for testing!
12:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6427 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Rewrite of the accounts system
12:06 khall I've tested it on a sandbox, so you can test there as well
12:08 magnuse paxed: maybe group them by "module"/functionality, if possible?
12:09 ashimema joined #koha
12:10 cait paxed: number of loans - you can calculate it directly or via cronjob (smaller performance hit) - look in your sysprfs
12:12 cait khall: updae scripts done? :)
12:12 cait khall: one thought i had while reading the commit message was that migrations might be a bit harder with 3 tables instead of 1
12:12 khall cait: Yes, but it'll need some testing!
12:13 cait but we will figure it out
12:13 cait or even 4 tables i think
12:13 khall cait: yes, they will be "a bit" harder. The key is, for migrations you can just ignore account_offsets if you want to and just put fines in account_debits and payments in account_credits
12:13 cait hm and you'd have to calculate the total i think?
12:14 khall yes, but I plan on writing a command line script to trigger the recalculation as well
12:14 cait ah yes, that makes sense
12:15 khall there's already a subroutine to do that, so the cli script is near trivial
12:15 cait wasn't magnuse here like a second ago? *nudge*
12:16 * paxed posts to both -devel and -translate because topic that makes him see red.
12:25 ashimema joined #koha
12:29 jwagner joined #koha
12:38 * chris_n passes out glazed crescents
12:42 cait paxed: probably not aware that you are argueing wiht me ;)
12:48 cait chris_n: glazed crescents?
12:48 paxed cait: oh, right - i saw you changing your nick few days ago. arguing? well... just a very passionate topic for me :)
12:49 cait yeah, but complaining doesn't help
12:49 cait improving yes
12:49 cait and maybe also keep in mind that most of the translation improvements have been done as volunteer work
12:50 cait aslibraries are not funding things like this directly
12:50 cait in my experience, someone might prove me wrong
12:50 paxed cait: unfortunately i'm in the middle of a translation crunch - i need to get Koha more-or-less translated to Finnish before go on vacation next week - so my coding time is very limited.
12:53 cait that's ok, just something to keep in mind
12:54 paxed (i'll try to complain less in the future and use constructive criticism instead...)
12:59 cait i have posted some notes to your list
12:59 cait hope it doesn't make your blood boil again :)
12:59 francharb joined #koha
13:00 meliss joined #koha
13:01 meliss joined #koha
13:02 francharb Good morning #koha
13:02 cait hi francharb :)
13:04 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:25 drojf joined #koha
13:25 drojf hi #koha
13:27 cait hi drojf!
13:27 * cait is tempted to superglue drojf to #koha so he can't disappear again ;)
13:29 cait how is your thesis? finished?
13:32 NateC joined #koha
13:37 edveal joined #koha
13:37 collum joined #koha
13:42 ashimema joined #koha
13:44 maximep joined #koha
13:56 mtompset joined #koha
13:57 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
13:58 mtompset marcelr++ # for continually following up on a multi-person patched bug report.
13:58 magnuse there's still no batch marc record modifcation tool in koha, right?
13:58 magnuse and MARC Modifications Templates only work for records that are staged/imported, not for z39.50, right?
14:03 ashimema joined #koha
14:05 mtompset No that I know of, and I don't know but that sounds right.
14:05 mtompset ^No^Not^
14:10 cait magnuse: right
14:11 magnuse dang ;-)
14:19 nengard joined #koha
14:19 alex__ joined #koha
14:21 alex__ hello, i have a question regarding setting up z39.50 in koha. I have configured the file koha-conf.xml and uncommented the part about the z39.50 and have put port 210. what else do I need to do in order for z39.50 to work? we are new to koha and i think we probaly havent configured our system properly. thanx!
14:21 cait alex_what do you want to do? :)
14:22 cait do you want to download records form other catalogs into your koha? or do you want others to download records via z39.50 from your catalog into theirs?
14:22 alex__ we want to be able to use z39.50 for cataloging purposes
14:22 alex__ but our IT staff have told us that the service needs t be running in order to apply their changes on the network
14:24 alex__ for the tome being we want to download recodrs via z39.50
14:24 jcamins alex__: they just have to allow you to make connections out to the ports used by whatever Z39.50 servers you are using.
14:25 alex__ this is what i thought too
14:25 jcamins There's not really a "service" that will be running.
14:25 alex__ but they insist that a service must be running
14:25 alex__ ok
14:26 jcamins You'll need ports 210 and 7090 opened, at for the default targets, but you could add other targets that used different ports, potentially.
14:26 alex__ in this case, i only need to apply the port on the koha-conf.xml file, correct?>
14:26 jcamins No.
14:26 jcamins koha-conf.xml has nothing to do with downloading records for copy cataloging.
14:27 alex__ oh ok because i say a part about z39.50
14:27 alex__ i saw
14:27 jcamins Yeah, but that's if you want to allow other people to download records.
14:27 alex__ ok i see
14:27 alex__ so if we open ports 210 aqnd 7090 we should be ok
14:27 alex__ thanks gyus
14:32 cait ah sorry, got distracted
14:32 cait reading back
14:33 cait ah, thx jcamins
14:34 cait alex_: it can work 2 directions, for use in cataloguing you just need the configuration in administration and the ports must be open in your firewall
14:41 kenan24 joined #koha
14:51 Dyrcona joined #koha
15:02 nengard left #koha
15:04 rocio joined #koha
15:09 talljoy joined #koha
15:11 cait guess the super glue didn't work
15:21 Dyrcona joined #koha
15:23 chris_n cait: it was probably out of date
15:24 * chris_n gets caught on spelling again: glazed croissants
15:36 cait have to run -bbl :)
15:42 rambutan joined #koha
16:05 reiveune bye
16:05 reiveune left #koha
16:06 rambutan At KohaCon13 someone (can't recall, maybe bag or nengard) mentioned OverDrive could be integrated with Koha....
16:06 rambutan however I suspect that would work with an individual subscription. Any idea if that would work at all if we were part of a state consortium?
16:17 yhager joined #koha
16:17 nengard joined #koha
16:23 Dyrcona rambutan: When you say, "OverDrive could be integrated with Koha" do you mean via the OverDrive API?
16:24 rambutan I assume that's what was meant, yes.
16:27 Dyrcona Thank. I asked out of curiosity. Evergreen doesn't have that kind of integration available, yet.
16:27 Dyrcona My consortium does have OverDrive and we load bib records so that they can be searched, but that's about it.
16:28 rambutan where do you get your records? We have some ebooks from OD that we pay for separately, and our TS has manually entered the records.
16:29 Dyrcona Yeah, out TS enters them. I'm not sure where they get the records, probably OCLC, maybe from OverDrive.
16:30 Dyrcona I offered to script it, but they said no.
16:30 Dyrcona Guess they like doing busy work.
16:33 bag rambutan: it should work yes
16:33 rambutan with the consortium you mean?
16:34 rambutan
16:37 kenan24 joined #koha
16:43 drojf joined #koha
16:49 sophie_m left #koha
16:55 gmcharlt jcamins: do you have any experience with libraries that mix in non-EACC CCCII characters with EACC?  particularly Japanese Z39.50 targets?
16:56 gmcharlt @later tell dcook MARC::Record and friends are already mentioned in[…]Working_with_MARC -- see the entry for MARC/Perl
16:56 huginn gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.
17:01 yhager joined #koha
17:08 yhager_ joined #koha
17:09 chris_n lunch
17:17 tcohen joined #koha
17:30 gaetan_B bye
17:38 tcohen hi there
17:39 rambutan hi tcohen
17:44 jcamins gmcharlt: I do not. But I'm sure there are libraries that do that.
17:44 gmcharlt jcamins: indeed, I found one today while looking into Zac's question on the mailing list today
17:45 gmcharlt I'm more wondering if mixing in CCCII characters is ad hoc or a de factor standard in select lanaguge zones
17:50 thd All the CJK Z39.50 targets which I have tried used UTF8 if I remember correctly but I would have some strange matches in queries of targets in Japan.
17:54 Bruce_ joined #koha
17:54 joels68 joined #koha
17:54 thd s/used UTF8/used UTF8, except for some big5 encoding in some Chinese targets which I tried,/
17:56 tcohen hi thd!
17:57 thd Hello tcohen
17:59 davidnind joined #koha
17:59 nancyk joined #koha
18:05 Bruce_ Have I miscalculated the start time for the December meeting?
18:07 davidnind Hi Bruce_. No - we just need someone to volunteer to chair...
18:07 nancyk I thought it was now
18:07 Bruce_ Oh good. At least I'm not alone in my delusion!
18:08 gmcharlt it is indeed now
18:08 * gmcharlt doesn't have time to chair today, however
18:09 * Bruce_ doesn't have the knowledge of how to record the meeting. Is there a FAQ?
18:09 davidnind I'll give it a go -
18:10 davidnind I may be a bit slow, unless there is anyone else willing?
18:10 Bruce_ Willing, but clue-deficient. Only my second meeting.
18:11 davidnind I've done it once before, so hear goes again.
18:11 thd I nominate anyone more awake than me.
18:11 davidnind #startmeeting
18:11 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
18:11 huginn davidnind: Error: A meeting name is required, e.g., '#startmeeting Marketing Committee'
18:11 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
18:11 davidnind #startmeeting IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013
18:11 huginn Meeting started Wed Dec  4 18:11:47 2013 UTC.  The chair is davidnind. Information about MeetBot at
18:11 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
18:11 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013)
18:11 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'irc_general_meeting_4_december_2013'
18:12 davidnind #topic Introductions
18:12 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013)
18:12 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
18:12 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington NZ
18:12 gmcharlt #info gmcharlt = Galen Charlton, ESI, Seattle, USA; 3.16 release manager
18:12 Bruce_ ?info Bruce Metcalf, Augustan Society Library, Orlando FL US
18:13 jwagner #info Jane Wagner, LibLime/PTFS
18:13 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina
18:13 joels68 #info Joel Sasse, Plum Creek Library system, Minnesota
18:13 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City - not dead yet
18:14 nancyk #info Nancy Keener Washoe County Library System
18:14 JesseM #info Jesse Maseto ByWater Solutions
18:14 bag #info Brendan Gallagher ByWater
18:14 nengard #info Nicole Engard, ByWater Solutions
18:15 davidnind Whew! We do have some people here.
18:15 davidnind #topic Announcements
18:15 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013)
18:16 davidnind Does anyone one have any announcements they wish to make?
18:17 Bruce_ joined #koha
18:17 davidnind The videos that are available from KohaCon13 are now online at[…]3A%22kohacon13%22
18:18 nengard KohaCon14 will be held in C?rdoba, Argentina on October 6th through 13.
18:18 bag agenda?
18:18 wahanui i heard agenda was a wiki
18:18 nengard And I would add that not the entire conference was recorded - so what's on the internet archive is all I got from the conference organizers
18:18 gmcharlt #link[…],_4_December_2013
18:18 bag thanks gmcharlt
18:19 barton joined #koha
18:19 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
18:20 davidnind #info KohaCon14 will be held in Cordoba, Argentina on October 6th through 13
18:20 davidnind #info he videos that are available from KohaCon13 are now online at[…]3A%22kohacon13%22
18:20 barton #info barton
18:20 davidnind #topic Update on 3.8
18:20 Topic for #koha is now Update on 3.8 (Meeting topic: IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013)
18:20 davidnind Is anyone able to provide an update on 3.8?
18:21 barton #info Barton Chittenden, ByWater Solutions
18:22 davidnind 3.8.20 released on 30 November
18:22 davidnind On agenda to discuss
18:22 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
18:22 davidnind #topic Update on 3.10
18:22 Topic for #koha is now Update on 3.10 (Meeting topic: IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013)
18:23 talljoy #info joy Nelson ByWater
18:23 davidnind Anyone able to provide an update on 3.10?
18:24 bag guess not
18:24 davidnind Okay, moving right along to the next item....
18:24 davidnind #topic Update on 3.12
18:24 Topic for #koha is now Update on 3.12 (Meeting topic: IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013)
18:25 Dyrcona joined #koha
18:25 davidnind Anyone able to provide an update on 3.12?
18:27 davidnind Okay, moving right along ....
18:27 bag are all the maints on much different timezones?
18:27 bag I guess os
18:27 bag so*
18:28 davidnind Not sure..ah well
18:28 davidnind 3.12.7 released on 22 November
18:28 davidnind #topic Update on 3.14
18:28 Topic for #koha is now Update on 3.14 (Meeting topic: IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013)
18:29 gmcharlt I've communicated with Fridolin and expect that he'll start to push patches into 3.14.x soon
18:29 bag sweet
18:31 davidnind Great! Also least we forget 3.14 was released in November - thanks to everyone involved @gmcharlt++
18:31 gmcharlt details, details ;)
18:31 tcohen i'm sorry i was absent a few minutes ago
18:31 nengard gmcharlt++
18:31 davidnind gmcharlt++
18:31 tcohen gmcharlt++
18:32 talljoy gmcharlt++
18:32 joels68 gmcharlt++
18:32 JesseM gmcharlt++
18:32 Bruce_ gmcharlt++ 3.14 has features I didn't know I desperately needed!
18:33 gmcharlt all_you_all++ # without everybody else, I would have nothing to do
18:33 thd gmcharlt++; Fridolin++;
18:33 davidnind #info Congrats and a big thankyou to everyone involved in the 3.14 release
18:33 bag gmcharlt++
18:33 davidnind I'm sure you would have thought of something....
18:34 davidnind #topic Update on 3.16
18:34 Topic for #koha is now Update on 3.16 (Meeting topic: IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013)
18:34 gmcharlt #info Patches have started being pushed to master for 3.16
18:35 gmcharlt #info Galen will be outlining various changes to coding guidlines in the next two weeks for developer consideration -- having to do with things like implications of of DBIx::Class support
18:35 nengard #info I'll create a branch for the 3.16 manual probably after the .1 release (and after i finalize the 3.14 manual)
18:36 davidnind nengard++
18:36 gmcharlt any questions?
18:37 bag any movement on module maintainers?
18:37 gmcharlt not yet, but it's on my list
18:38 bag ok thanks :)
18:39 bag that's it from me for questions (for now :P )
18:39 tcohen will it be mandatory to use  DBIx::Class for 3.16 patches?
18:40 * bag is looking forward for the developer docs gmcharlt speaks of :)
18:40 gmcharlt tcohen: it will be strongly encouraged
18:40 tcohen thx gmcharlt
18:41 davidnind Thanks gmcharlt
18:41 davidnind #topic Extra elections for 3.16
18:41 Topic for #koha is now Extra elections for 3.16 (Meeting topic: IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013)
18:41 davidnind We have two nominations, will do one at a time
18:42 davidnind The previous general meeting left it open for additional people to be nominated
18:42 davidnind First up is Magnus Enger volunteering as a Bug Wrangler
18:42 bag +1
18:42 gmcharlt +1
18:42 nengard +1
18:42 davidnind +1
18:42 JesseM +1
18:43 Bruce_ +1
18:43 barton +1
18:43 thd +1
18:43 * magnuse bows
18:43 gmcharlt magnuse++ # you're stuck with us now!
18:43 tcohen +1
18:43 khall +1
18:43 magnuse gmcharlt: couldn't imagine a better buch to be stuck with
18:44 davidnind #agreed Magnus Enger is now a Bug Wrangler
18:44 magnuse yay!
18:44 JesseM magnuse++
18:44 magnuse thanks, i'll try to live up to my own expectations this time...
18:45 bag awesome
18:45 davidnind Next up is Brendan Gallagher volunteering as part of the QA team
18:45 nengard hmmmmm
18:45 magnuse +1
18:45 nengard not sure about that one
18:45 nengard :)
18:45 Bruce_ +1
18:45 nengard +1
18:45 JesseM +1
18:45 talljoy +1
18:46 barton +1
18:46 davidnind +1
18:46 gmcharlt +1
18:46 khall +1
18:46 thd +1
18:46 * bag follows magnuse's excellent lead and bows
18:46 davidnind #agreed Brendan Gallagher is now on the Quality Assurance team
18:47 bag thanks :)
18:47 davidnind Thanks everyone for volunteering for these roles
18:47 nancyk joined #koha
18:47 davidnind #topic Decision on maintaining 3.8.x and electing Release Maintainer for 3.8.x
18:47 Topic for #koha is now Decision on maintaining 3.8.x and electing Release Maintainer for 3.8.x (Meeting topic: IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013)
18:48 davidnind Note that Kyle Hall has been added as release maintainer[…]ki/Roles_for_3.16
18:48 magnuse do we have a volunteer?
18:49 davidnind The last meeting left it open -  whether to continue the 3.8.x branch and elected an rmaint for it to be decided  by the December IRC meeting
18:50 davidnind I assume that if someone is willing to be a Release Maintainer then we will continue supporting?
18:50 bag 3.8 is 2+ years old now?
18:50 Bruce_ What is our policy on the duration of support?
18:51 bag Bruce_: I don't think there is a hard one…  mainly what davidnind said to a certain extent
18:51 khall As far as I know, as long as there is a volunteer, a release may continue to be maintained
18:51 Bruce_ One is moved to wonder if infinite support is wise.
18:51 gmcharlt however, there is a point of dminishing returns, of course
18:51 barton how long did we support 3.4?
18:51 * gmcharlt proposes that we announce that 3.8.x will be EOLed upon the release of 3.16.x
18:52 gmcharlt er, 3.16.0
18:52 bag +1
18:52 davidnind +1
18:52 barton +1
18:52 nengard +1
18:52 magnuse +1
18:52 Bruce_ So... we're going to spread ourselves thin enough to support 5 releases at once?
18:52 Bruce_ -1
18:52 bag which means we would need a 3.8 RMaint
18:53 gmcharlt Bruce_: are you favoring an immediate EOL for 3.8?
18:53 tcohen 3.8 is maintained by Chris Hall right now, right?
18:53 * gmcharlt wouldn't mind that, but there's at least one library that has expressed a desire to have it kept going
18:54 bag What's the amount of patches that we being written for 3.8?
18:54 khall yes, Chris Hall was interested in continuing to maintain 3.8
18:54 Bruce_ I am favoring our adopting some policy about how many simultaneous releases we support so that we aren't spread too thin.
18:54 khall I volunteered to take up the reighns
18:54 davidnind That would be the next item - to elect Kyle Hall
18:54 davidnind Oops
18:54 Bruce_ ... but Kyle's offer moots my point for the moment.
18:54 khall 2 years of maintainence seems reasonable
18:55 gmcharlt Bruce_: I think discussing a policy is a good idea; probably for koha-devel first, though
18:55 magnuse +1
18:55 thd Releases should be maintained as long as there is a maintainer willing to maintain them.  Recommending maintenance of an old release is a different question entirely.
18:55 Bruce_ Right. I'll see if I can find the right venue for my thoughts.
18:55 gmcharlt thd: in principle, yeah, if somebody wants to do it, we don't necessarily want to say no -- but on the other hand, there are real costs tot he community if folks don't stay reasonably current
18:56 * gmcharlt is putting aside security releases for the moment
18:56 davidnind Okay.  As we have volunteer we should now vote on khall (Kyle Hall) volunteering as release maintainer for 3.8
18:56 Bruce_ +1
18:57 JesseM +1
18:57 nengard +1
18:57 gmcharlt +1
18:57 davidnind +1
18:57 thd We should definitely encourage people to upgrade but they are allowed not to do so for whatever reasons they may choose, however unwisely over time.
18:57 barton +1
18:57 thd +1
18:57 edveal +1
18:57 talljoy +1
18:57 bag +1
18:58 tcohen +1
18:58 davidnind #agreed khall (Kyle Hall) is now Release Maintainer for 3.8
18:58 gmcharlt khall++
18:59 * khall bows with a flourish
18:59 magnuse khall++
18:59 tcohen khall++
18:59 bag khall++
19:00 talljoy khall++
19:00 davidnind #agreed To discuss in other forums the policy around supporting older releases (unless it is already documented elsewhere)
19:00 davidnind khall++
19:00 davidnind #topic KohaCon14
19:00 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon14 (Meeting topic: IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013)
19:00 joels68 khall++
19:01 davidnind Is anyone here able to talk about this?
19:01 tcohen briefly
19:01 davidnind Great!
19:02 tcohen KohaCon14 will be held in Cordoba, on october 6th through 13th
19:02 tcohen we are about to set a wiki page for it, and arrange things for calling for presentations and volunteers
19:02 tcohen now we have set the dates we will start searching for local sponsors
19:03 nengard tcohen I can set up the call for presenters form again if need be
19:03 tcohen the conference will be held in the university campus
19:03 magnuse 3 days conference, 1 day rest, 4 days hackfest?
19:03 tcohen i was thinking of reusing our OCS setup
19:03 davidnind OCS?
19:03 tcohen 3 days conference, a couple of days for hackfest
19:04 tcohen some trips within Cordoba on the weekend
19:04 tcohen and more hackfest for those who want to stay longer
19:04 tcohen PKP Open Conference System
19:05 tcohen we will try to make a more precise proposal to put into consideration to the community
19:05 tcohen ASAP
19:05 bag :)
19:06 tcohen any thoughts on the dates? are they ok?
19:06 nengard they work for me
19:06 thd tcohen++ 4 day hackfest
19:06 JesseM I like the dates as well
19:06 tcohen do we need two weekend days for traveling around? is one enough like it was in Reno?
19:06 Bruce_ I think the dates should be determined locally, as shifting by a week can make a great difference in the cost of hotels and meeting space.
19:07 nengard Well I'll note that the following week I have another conference
19:07 nengard so shifting it that way is a bad idea for me :)
19:07 barton nengard is going to be busy in October
19:07 Bruce_ ... with due consideration for other major conferences.
19:07 * nengard is always busy
19:08 thd nengard: Which conference is held the following week?
19:08 nengard But I do have those dates blocked off Oct 6-13th for KohaCon :)
19:08 nengard thd internet librarian - I was wrong it's the 27th - but still a week of rest is good
19:08 davidnind I think it is great that the dates are known now - so that people can plan around it (it is what community members asked for)
19:08 nengard yup
19:08 * nengard is happy :)
19:08 tcohen yes
19:08 tcohen we too :-D
19:08 davidnind Unless there is a major reason to change these I think we should stick with what the organisers have announced...
19:08 bag yup dates set are a good thing
19:09 nengard +1
19:09 bag +1
19:09 tcohen we are going to need your advise in several areas nengard :-D
19:09 nengard no problem at all
19:09 davidnind Thanks for the update tcohen
19:10 davidnind tcohen++
19:10 tcohen np
19:10 nengard tcohen++
19:10 davidnind #info KohaCon14 will be be held in Cordoba, 6-13th October
19:10 davidnind #info Wiki page being setup, along with calling for presentations and volunteers
19:10 davidnind #info Will be held in university campus
19:10 davidnind #info More details will be made available soon on proposed format, etc
19:11 davidnind #topic Actions from General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013
19:11 Topic for #koha is now Actions from General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013 (Meeting topic: IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013)
19:11 gmcharlt #info the 3.14 beta, was, in fact, tested -- thanks to the folks who participated
19:11 magnuse the_folks++
19:12 nengard hehe
19:12 davidnind Now furiously trying to find any actions list from the last meeting ... http://meetings.koha-community[…]-11-06-02.02.html
19:14 davidnind Only action point I can see: all people will test the beta!
19:14 davidnind #info Thanks to all those who tested the beta for 3.14
19:15 joels68 left #koha
19:15 davidnind #topic general business
19:15 Topic for #koha is now general business (Meeting topic: IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013)
19:16 davidnind Does any one have any general business? If not will set the next meeting date..
19:17 davidnind #topic Next meeting
19:17 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: IRC General Meeting 4 December 2013)
19:18 davidnind Next in the sequence is 10:00 UTC - date proposed either 1st January or 8th January
19:18 Bruce_ One suspects that the latter date will gather greater attendance.
19:19 davidnind Proposal is for 8 January 2014 at 10:00 UTC
19:19 magnuse +1
19:19 davidnind +1
19:20 thd +1
19:20 barton +1
19:20 JesseM +1
19:20 tcohen +1
19:21 Bruce_ 0  Not gonna be online at 5am anyway.
19:21 davidnind #info Next general IRC meeting is 8 January 2014 at 10:00 UTC
19:22 davidnind Thanks everyone for attending, and putting up with me chairing...
19:22 davidnind #endmeeting
19:22 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.14.0 is released! Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software Next general IRC meeting 4th December, 18:00 UTC
19:22 huginn Meeting ended Wed Dec  4 19:22:09 2013 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:22 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-12-04-18.11.html
19:22 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]3-12-04-18.11.txt
19:22 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]04-18.11.log.html
19:22 magnuse davidnind++
19:22 Bruce_ davidnind++
19:22 davidnind Bruce_ :-[
19:22 JesseM davidnind++
19:23 gmcharlt davidnind++
19:24 * thd tries to rest before his next meeting.
19:26 tcohen davidnind++
19:32 magnuse trying to get my head around authorities... i added a couple of personal name auths and used them in a couple of records, but when i search for the auths i get "used in = 0 records". searching for the names do turn up the right bibliographic records, though. any auth-n00b mistakes i might be making?
19:33 francharb magnuse, did you reindex your authorities?
19:34 francharb or the biblio?
19:34 wahanui hmmm... the biblio is book or?
19:35 magnuse francharb: yeah, both
19:35 magnuse i wonder if it is a normarc thing, if it doesn't ring a bell with anyone else...
19:36 francharb do you have the $9 in the biblio framework
19:36 francharb for each authority related field
19:36 gmcharlt magnuse: also, try running ./misc/
19:37 francharb magnuse, how did you use the authorities?
19:37 francharb through plugins?
19:40 magnuse i set 100a to use PERSO_NAME, then clicked on the ... to the right of 100a, search for the name, and chose the right name
19:40 magnuse ah, $9 might be missing, let me check
19:41 tcohen $9 is where the reference to the authid is saved magnuse
19:41 magnuse yeah, it's missing, i'll try to add it and see if that helps
19:42 francharb :)
19:45 jeff joined #koha
19:45 jeff kohadevreactions++ as always
19:47 davidnind left #koha
19:51 jeff having just resorted to regular expressions to de-mangle some of the NCIP messages received from our statewide resource sharing system, I much appreciated the Working on NCIP reaction.
19:56 Dyrcona jeff: Now, you've got two problems. :)
20:05 magnuse yup, $9 did the trick! francharb++ tcohen++
20:06 francharb \o/
20:06 tcohen \o/
20:08 drojf joined #koha
20:09 ibeardslee joined #koha
20:15 peggy joined #koha
20:15 jeff Dyrcona: did I share the title of the item with you elsewhere? <Title datatype="string">An inconvenient match / Janet Dean.</Title>
20:16 Dyrcona jeff: No, I don't recall that, but it is funny in the context.
20:17 barton left #koha
20:18 jeff Dyrcona: also, this classic answer came to mind as I resorted to $xml =~ s/\x04//g; # Remove ^D from xml --
20:19 * Dyrcona wipes a tear from his eye.
20:19 Dyrcona That is beautiful.
20:32 rangi morning
20:33 ebegin joined #koha
20:34 rambutan afternoon
20:38 * rangi reads the minutes
20:45 * magnuse waves to rangi before wandering off into the night
20:45 rangi cya magnuse :)
20:46 NateC joined #koha
20:47 rangi hey NateC
20:52 NateC hey a rangi
20:53 pablito joined #koha
20:54 pablito does anyone know if it's possible to have e-journals in Koha?
20:54 rangi yep it certainly is
20:55 rangi however koha wont manage things like licenses and subscriptions and access type things to them, but you can catalogue them you would anything else
20:55 pablito hmm
20:55 pablito ok
20:56 pablito do you have a sample MARC template of such?
20:57 wizzyrea most people catalogue them just like paper journals, but with a url either in the 856 or in the item record
20:57 pablito ah i c
21:02 rangi 856u or 952u (for marc21)
21:02 pablito so koha would be a database of links to the e-journals
21:02 rangi yup
21:02 pablito this may not make sense, but can koha "host" e-journals?
21:02 rangi yes, but not super well
21:03 rangi you can attach a file to a marc record
21:03 rangi that file could be an epub
21:03 rangi BUT, you are much better off to use an actual cms or digital repository to hold the actual files
21:03 rangi with version control, having different formats etc
21:03 pablito what cms/dig. repos. do you recommend?
21:04 rangi[…]Cwrdl%3A%20hamlet
21:04 rangi thats an ebook .. ejournal is much the same
21:04 rangi hmm i dont really have a preference
21:05 rambutan rangi: would it make sense to have a fully populated digital repository (DSpace or whatever), and then also have marc records in koha that point to the DR?
21:05 gmcharlt rambutan: that's potentially a great way to improve access to the content in the DR
21:06 rangi yep
21:06 gmcharlt of course, it would be a good idea to automate the maintenance of the MARC records as much as possible
21:06 rangi rambutan: even nicer would be to have koha search both
21:06 wizzyrea moar betterer would be a DR that can be read with z39.50 or OAI and integrate that into searches in Koha rather than cataloguing twice (perhaps that's daft)
21:06 wizzyrea hey jinx
21:06 rangi :)
21:06 rambutan too bad there wouldn't be some way to automagically have Koha pull these (db extract or something) from the DR.
21:07 rangi if it does oai-pmh
21:07 gmcharlt wizzyrea: rangi: yeah, that's the ongoing federated search vs. collect ALL THE METADATA debate
21:07 ebegin rambutan, we are working of that kind of integration for one of our client
21:07 rangi then dcook has been working on that too
21:07 rambutan rangi: yea, that was my competing thought that I couldn't think of: some type of federated search
21:07 rangi ebegin: you shoudl talk with dcook
21:07 rangi he is working/worked on a oai client for koha, so koha can ingest from dspace for example
21:07 wizzyrea personally, I'm of the "know people who know things" persuasion
21:08 rambutan does Koha deal well with Dublin Core?
21:08 jcamins rambutan: as long as you convert it into MARC before giving it to Koha.
21:08 rangi rambutan: currently you have to map it into marc using xslt
21:08 rangi however once the elasticsearch stuff is done, it wont actually care so much ;)
21:08 rambutan hummm, sounds like developer work :)
21:09 rambutan I need to go find some money.
21:09 pablito thanks for the advice guys, have a good night/day
21:09 pablito :-)
21:09 rambutan OH LOOK! LSTA grants due in January!
21:10 ebegin rambutan, how convinient :)
21:11 ebegin s/convi/conve
21:14 peggy I need a little syntax help...  I am debugging with warn.  I can put a scalar variable (i.e. $borrower_branchcode) in the warn line and it gives me the value of the variable.
21:14 peggy How can I see the contents of the more complex variables?  Like a hash?
21:14 ebegin peggy, I would use Data::Dumper
21:15 ebegin then Dumper( $complexVariable)
21:15 peggy Thanks!  I'll give it a go.
21:15 ebegin warn "my complex variable" . Dumper( $complexVariable );
21:16 peggy Ah.  OK
21:18 peggy Now that is a pretty sight!!!  Thanks for the help, ebegin.
21:20 ebegin :)
21:21 tcohen what was the syntax for extended patron attributes import? I need to put three occurencies of an attribute
21:22 tcohen peggy: Data::Printer is awesome too
21:22 peggy tcohen, what does that do?
21:23 tcohen pretty print data structures to stdout
21:23 ebegin "Attribute1Code:value","Attribute2Code:value",...
21:23 ebegin tcohen, that was for you :)
21:24 ebegin you have an example in the tools »  import borrower page
21:24 rangi can i get a sign off on bug 11341 please
21:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11341 critical, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , XSS attack vendor in facets in OPAC - prog theme
21:24 rangi and if any qa team people are around, some qa after too :)
21:25 peggy Thanks tcohen.  I may use that later on.
21:26 tcohen ebegin: thanks
21:28 pianohac1er joined #koha
21:33 bag I can QA that starting in another 30 minutes
21:34 rangi sweet
21:34 rangi we just need a sign off then
21:35 tcohen don't u have one already?
21:36 wizzyrea ^ hehe
21:36 bag yes tcohen did it :D
21:41 tcohen rangi, good catch, once you reproduce it, is scary
21:42 rangi i didnt actually catch it, had it reported to me
21:42 rangi its interesting we were escaping everything else, just not the offset
21:43 rangi i think i will do a patch to switch on escaping by default, and then you have to opt out
21:43 rangi it will break some stuff im sure, but easily fixable and will make us not miss things like this
21:44 rangi and thanks for the sign off ;)
21:47 tcohen u r welcome rangi
21:48 pianohacker peggy: tip, supposing that you're just using this in one place: you can have use Data::Dumper; warn Dumper( ... ); on one line, which makes it easy to kill off when you're done with it
21:51 peggy pianohacker, that's handy, but use Data::Dumper is already in the file, I think for when you turn on verbose.
21:52 pianohacker ah! very well then :)
21:52 nengard left #koha
21:57 rangi ahh nice starman is in wheezy
21:58 bag gmcharlt: bug 11341 passed qa
21:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11341 critical, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , XSS attack vendor in facets in OPAC - prog theme
21:58 * gmcharlt looks at it
21:59 eythian blimmin attack vendors
22:00 rangi heh yeah totally typoed there
22:03 gmcharlt the sorts of folks who respond to RFPs for things like, say, the invasion of Ruritania?
22:04 jenkins_koha Starting build #250 for job master_maria (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #247 1 day 21 hr ago)
22:08 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11341: fix XSS bug in (facets) <[…]f6d735d2abd125380>
22:08 jenkins_koha Starting build #1536 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:11 graced joined #koha
22:12 phasefx2 joined #koha
22:13 francharb bye
22:16 tcohen gmcharlt: those Search.t tests failing on jenkins don't fail on my box
22:16 tcohen (talking about 3.12.x)
22:16 gmcharlt tcohen: nor for me -- my supposition at the moment is that it's something to do with his particular environment
22:17 gmcharlt or that release of OpenSUSE
22:17 gmcharlt ah, sorry
22:17 * tcohen doesn't have OpenSuSE to test
22:17 gmcharlt I'm conflating that with the QueryParser.t issue that somebody reported on the lists
22:17 tcohen I'm talking about that too
22:18 dcook joined #koha
22:19 tcohen no i'm not
22:19 tcohen gmcharlt: i'm the one who mixed both problems
22:19 tcohen heh
22:19 gmcharlt tcohen: I think we both did :)
22:19 * tcohen feels the lack of coffee
22:19 * gmcharlt has had plenty of coffee today, and is still feeling the lack of coffee :/
22:20 tcohen when i read that email it reminded me that it bothered me that jenkins had those tests failing
22:20 tcohen so, mixed
22:27 senator joined #koha
22:51 rambutan @wunder 64507
22:51 huginn rambutan: The current temperature in Wyatt Park, St Joseph, Missouri is -3.3°C (4:51 PM CST on December 04, 2013). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: -6.0°C. Windchill: -7.0°C. Pressure: 29.79 in 1009 hPa (Rising).
22:52 wizzyrea that's pretty chilly
22:52 wizzyrea @wunder nzwn
22:52 huginn wizzyrea: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 22.0°C (11:30 AM NZDT on December 05, 2013). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: 18.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Steady).
22:53 rambutan it's D* chilly.
22:53 rambutan 1" of snow on Sunday here
22:53 rambutan next Sunday I do mean
22:53 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
22:53 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #250: FIXED in 49 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]master_maria/250/
22:53 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Bug 11341: fix XSS bug in (facets)
22:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11341 critical, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , XSS attack vendor in facets in OPAC - prog theme
23:11 pianohacker @wunder 80401
23:11 huginn pianohacker: The current temperature in Lookout Pointe, Golden, Colorado is -13.9°C (4:11 PM MST on December 04, 2013). Conditions: Light Snow. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: -16.0°C. Windchill: -14.0°C. Pressure: 29.83 in 1010 hPa (Rising).
23:11 dcook @wunder sydney australia
23:11 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 21.0°C (10:00 AM EST on December 05, 2013). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 56%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 29.42 in 996 hPa (Falling).
23:11 dcook Wee bit warmer ;)
23:11 pianohacker oh man you suck
23:11 rangi @wunder nzwn
23:11 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 22.0°C (11:30 AM NZDT on December 05, 2013). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: 18.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Steady).
23:11 rangi beat ya
23:11 eythian hah, take that Sydney!
23:13 dcook hehe
23:13 dcook You're apparently overcast though?
23:13 dcook I just see blue sky ;)
23:18 eythian that's why it's warm here. Warm, muggy, and cloudy.
23:18 eythian It's not really normal Wellington weather.
23:18 wizzyrea it was strange this morning, foggy/misty
23:18 wizzyrea and really, awfully warm
23:18 cait joined #koha
23:28 dcook Sounds a bit like our yesterday
23:28 eythian hi cait
23:28 dcook I suppose it starts off clear in the morning and gets a bit muggier throughout the day here lately
23:28 * dcook waves to ait
23:28 * dcook also waves to cait
23:28 cait hi eythian
23:28 cait isn't it yourlunch time?
23:28 eythian yeah, but I'm working on something, so I'll wait a bit.
23:29 BobB joined #koha
23:33 tcohen joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary