IRC log for #koha, 2013-09-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:19 BobB hi
00:19 wahanui kai ora, BobB
00:19 BobB :)
00:23 ccverg joined #koha
00:46 rambutan hi BobB
00:47 mtompset joined #koha
00:47 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
00:47 rambutan hi mtompset
00:47 mtompset Greetings, rambutan.
00:47 mtompset I got my little bit of work done. YAY! :)
00:47 rambutan ah, well good
00:47 mtompset Isn't The 23rd a GBSD?
00:48 rambutan i don't recall
00:48 rambutan there's probably a wahanui trigger for it
00:49 mtompset[…]bug_squashing_day
00:49 mtompset gbsd?
00:49 wahanui somebody said gbsd was Global Bug Squashing Day
00:50 mtompset Followed by a QA Sprint day.
00:50 mtompset[…]-24_QA_Sprint_Day
00:50 mtompset given that...
00:50 mtompset feature slush?
00:50 wahanui i think feature slush is the date stuff that got passed-qa makes it into 3.14 with high probability
00:50 mtompset is the 25th.
00:50 rambutan busy week coming up
00:50 mtompset I was hoping that 10900 would be looked at. :)
00:51 mtompset but everyone has their own bugs they are working on too. :)
00:52 mtompset Because I have an enhancement I'd like in 3.14, but if it doesn't hit feature slush, then it won't make it. And it is dependent on two other of my bugs.
00:56 tcohen joined #koha
00:59 mtompset Greetings, tcohen.
00:59 tcohen hi mtompset
01:00 tcohen busy sunday, i just got home
01:01 mtompset playing tennis?
01:01 mtompset my Sunday's are generally filled with driving from church to church. :)
01:01 tcohen tennis of course :-D
01:02 tcohen plus several family meetings
01:03 tcohen bye mtompset, #koha
01:04 mtompset Come to think of it, 20+20+60+60 = 2.667h, 35+45+60 = 2.333h -- I spend about 2-3 hours driving every Sunday. Strange for a day of rest. ;)
01:04 mtompset Bye, tcohen. :)
01:04 rambutan bye tcohen
01:05 rambutan mtompset: you aren't driving that far to work, are you?
01:05 rambutan ah, no, ic ic
01:06 mtompset Driving during the week gets worse, I spend about 3hours a day M, Th, and F driving my wife to and from school.
01:06 mtompset Work... I work from home generally, so no driving involved.
01:07 mtompset At worst, I drive into the Toronto office once a week and that's only 1 hour round trip.
01:08 rambutan gee, do you live in Yellowknife?
01:08 mtompset Add in my 40 minutes round trips chauffeuring my brother to work, and my driving schedule goes crazy.
01:09 mtompset No, I live in a town where there is no public transit except one provincial one at impossibly useless times.
01:10 mtompset Thankfully, my work schedule is very flexible.
01:10 mtompset The problem is between sleep, driving, and working, there isn't much time for anything else.
01:10 rambutan I would tend to agree!
01:11 mtompset That's why I'm hoping for my wife to get her G2 license, so she can drive herself to school.
01:12 mtompset Then a significant chunk of chauffeuring disappears.
01:19 rambutan what specifically is g2?
01:21 mtompset G1 is learner's permit, must have accompanying fully licensed driver.
01:21 mtompset G2 is licensed, but still not fully. Curfews and other driving restrictions.
01:22 mtompset G is fully licensed.
01:22 rambutan ic
01:22 mtompset As my wife doesn't have classes from midnight to 5am, I don't think there will be a problem. :)
01:22 rambutan and you have a chauffer's license
01:23 mtompset I'm the only fully licensed person in the household. :(
01:23 rambutan <chauffeur>
01:23 rambutan ok, well, I'm going to check out for the evening, cul.
01:24 ccverg joined #koha
01:24 rambutan left #koha
02:24 ccverg joined #koha
02:54 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
03:24 ccverg joined #koha
03:39 druthb o/
03:40 * druthb wonders idly if bag is about--it's early there yet, and a little bit of THE crazy would be a nice capper to a nice weekend. :P
03:46 eythian link?
03:47 dcook[…]eature=inp-lt-rbr
03:52 eythian ta
04:00 eythian anyone know how to get a list of the distinct values in a spreadsheet column?
04:00 eythian Like select distinct or grouping in sql would give you
04:06 dcook Alas, I think that's beyond my spreadsheet fu
04:06 eythian I figured out (by copying the instructions on a website that explained how to do it.)
04:09 dcook internet++
04:25 ccverg joined #koha
04:28 dcook I should be eating lunch stream...
04:32 eythian :D
04:33 eythian[…]tead-of-the-staff <-- I have no idea what this question is even trying to ask.
04:33 cjh koha has gold and diamond classes :o
04:35 wizzyrea errr
04:36 wizzyrea do they think koha is a CMS?
04:37 wizzyrea
04:50 wizzyrea[…]kVFxwA0SJwD4uepg2 < Going to give this a go - pass it on
04:50 wizzyrea no seriously, pass it on
04:55 dcook Hmm. Cool beans.
04:55 dcook I had a friend ask last year why we didn't do something on stackexchange
04:55 ccverg joined #koha
04:55 wizzyrea well, if we get a bit of a critical mass we can.
04:55 wizzyrea we could still use tags to do koha questions
04:55 wizzyrea i thought having our own might be nicer.
04:56 dcook tags?
04:56 wahanui tags are more for flagging a point in time
04:56 wizzyrea oon stack overflow
04:57 mtj wizzyrea++ aweSUMMM!!
04:57 wizzyrea if someone else wants to send that to the list, I'd be happy
04:57 eythian yeah
04:57 wizzyrea because even though I started it and I'm willing to put time towards it, I can't be the only one
04:58 wizzyrea and it will only work if we get a rather big corpus of people asking and answering questions
04:59 dcook I'm down
04:59 wizzyrea also please feel free to create example questions
05:00 mtj fwiw, i do see some advantages to stack-exchange over the mailling-lists
05:00 wizzyrea yep I do too
05:01 wizzyrea and we've been flagging a bit on questions answered on the lists.
05:01 wizzyrea upvoting and downvoting would be super helpful
05:01 wizzyrea and it *seems* more accessible to lay-people maybe? idk
05:01 wizzyrea anyway - gotta fly, I'm depending on you all. :)
05:01 mtj yes, and yes
05:01 eythian I wouldn't put those fake questions in
05:01 eythian like X and Y
05:02 eythian put real ones in.
05:02 wizzyrea Hm they are supposed to be examples though?
05:02 eythian they're supposed to be examples of real things
05:03 eythian > Write an actual question that you might ask on this site.
05:03 dcook ^^
05:03 eythian you wouldn't ask for a report involving X and Y, and it's harder for people looking at it to see the relevance if it's dummy questions.
05:03 wizzyrea I think you all can add them too?
05:03 wizzyrea so please do
05:04 wizzyrea plus this every 3 minutes thing is irritating to me :P
05:04 wizzyrea but! I will fight through this annoyance to soldier on ;)
05:05 wizzyrea and seriously I will need help tending this.
05:05 eythian I can't post anything right now, it tells me to wait 3 minutes.
05:24 cait joined #koha
05:26 cait good morning #koha
05:48 mtj heya cait
05:51 cait hi mtj
05:51 cait mtj: I think i had a question about one of oyur patches, but i can't remember the bug :(
05:52 mtj aaah, bug 10825 , i think...
05:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10825 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtj, Failed QA , displays duplicated enumchron values for serial items
05:55 cjh wizzyrea++ stack overflow
05:55 ccverg joined #koha
05:57 marcelr joined #koha
05:57 marcelr morning #koha
06:04 cait good morning marcelr
06:07 cait hm bug 10808 might just fit in before work
06:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10808 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Signed Off , Thesaurus search form does not correspond to current search query
06:07 marcelr hi cait
06:08 marcelr i applied bug 8956 but it is quite huge
06:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8956 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Split serials enumeration data into separate fields
06:08 marcelr nine patches
06:09 cait marcelr: yeah :(
06:09 cait i marked some as new features, i was pondering this to be one too... but it seems more a restructuring
06:09 cait it sure is huge
06:09 cait i am a bit worried if it will allow the same flexibility
06:09 marcelr yes i think so
06:10 cait i hope to take a look at acq search tonight
06:10 cait just not starting with it this morning
06:10 marcelr :)
06:10 cait because i have to set up all kinds of test cases before i run the database update to check if the correct status gets set
06:11 cait i think we have a historical low in the queue :) let's see if gbsd can bring the numbers back up
06:11 marcelr yes: 35 now
06:12 cait well, a lot of the 'doesn't apply' and 'I have a question' ones will bounce back today probably
06:12 laurence joined #koha
06:16 * magnuse waves
06:16 magnuse happy GBSD #koha!
06:20 dcook Hey cait, have time for a quick question?
06:21 cait yep
06:21 dcook With your union catalogue, how are items handled?
06:21 dcook Are they added in OCLC or in Koha?
06:22 magnuse no oclc there, i think
06:22 cait magnuse: well pica is owned by oclc
06:23 magnuse ah, ok. i was thinking about worldcat
06:23 cait dcook: we handle them in koha, because we couldn't update them currently
06:23 cait magnuse: yep, not worldcat :)
06:23 dcook Mmm, ok
06:23 dcook I've re-engineered my OAI-PMH harvester, but it currently can't handle items either
06:23 dcook As far as I know..
06:23 magnuse hehe
06:25 magnuse submit it anyway and just say items don't work :-)
06:25 dcook Hmm, actually, maybe embedded items are included...that's not good..
06:26 dcook The embedded
06:26 dcook item, biblioitem, and biblionumber fields from the previous
06:26 dcook version of the bib record replace any such fields of those tags that
06:26 dcook are present in C<$record>.  Consequently, ModBiblio() is not
06:26 dcook to be used to try to modify item records.
06:26 dcook O_o
06:26 dcook Oh wait, I think that's a good thing..
06:27 dcook Ooo..
06:27 dcook I think AddBiblio will add item records, but ModBiblio strips out the items first...
06:28 dcook Anyway, thanks, cait :)
06:29 * cait is confused now
06:31 dcook I might be able to have the harvester handle items as well
06:31 dcook At the moment, I think it will create/delete items...
06:31 dcook While updates won't touch items
06:32 * dcook thanks cait and magnuse for their encouragement last week
06:33 * cait doesn't know what dcook is talking about :)
06:33 magnuse any time!
06:33 cait last week is just one big blur :)
06:33 dcook heh
06:33 dcook The OAI-PMH harvester
06:33 dcook I ditched the Staged MARC import as it was causing too many problems
06:33 dcook Or rather...could've caused too many problems
06:33 dcook It's much more streamlined and robust now
06:34 magnuse yay!
06:34 dcook :D
06:37 cait @wunder Konstanz
06:37 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 8.1°C (8:35 AM CEST on September 23, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 96%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Windchill: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.33 in 1027 hPa (Steady).
06:37 magnuse @wunder boo
06:37 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 9.0°C (8:20 AM CEST on September 23, 2013). Conditions: Light Rain Showers. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Rising).
06:37 magnuse hah!
06:37 dcook @wunder syd
06:37 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 23.0°C (4:00 PM EST on September 23, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 47%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007 hPa (Steady).
06:38 magnuse but autumn is definitely here, including the beautiful colours
06:38 * dcook was just thinking your weather didn't seem very summer-like :p
06:38 cait hm we don't have the colors yet, but it's cooled down quite a bit obviously
06:38 magnuse 2 bugs qa'ed since i checked last night => there is still plenty to feed on for gbsd
06:39 cait i already rearranged the clothes in my wardrobe, pulling the warmer things to the front
06:39 * cait wonders when the qa queue would turn green
06:39 cait passed qa is still green with 55, but we are only yellow with 34 - pff. :)
06:40 * dcook didn't realize the colours had significance
06:41 cait green is good, yellow not so much
06:44 cait ok, time to go to work :)
06:44 cait cya all later
06:44 dcook ta cait
06:45 magnuse hm, the colours on the "badges" that contain the numbers do seem to be hard coded:[…]ews/
06:45 magnuse unless there is some js trickry on top of that...
06:45 rangi_eifl joined #koha
06:45 magnuse kia ora rangi_eifl
06:45 magnuse eifl?
06:46 * magnuse pictures rangi at the top of the eifel tower in paris
06:46 rangi_eifl[…]per-chris-cormack
06:46 magnuse - ah the web seminar thingy?
06:46 rangi_eifl should be starting in 15 mins or so
06:46 magnuse cool!
06:47 rangi_eifl we'll see, most of the questions I have seen are not really suited to a webinar, i suspect ill be showing a lot of links :)
06:47 magnuse :-)
06:47 rangi_eifl plus computers
06:47 rangi_eifl you know its gonna break somehow
06:48 dcook hehe
06:48 rangi_eifl had to jump through hoops getting java installed, then allowing applets in firefox
06:49 rangi_eifl cos, i had disabled all that .. who does java applets anymore .. people who like to p0wn people, and webinar software
06:50 rangi_eifl so its running in its own vm
06:50 paul_p joined #koha
06:50 alex_a joined #koha
06:50 rangi_eifl which can asplode when i finish
06:50 rangi_eifl hence using the oftc web thinger
06:51 magnuse banks tend to like java aplets, but i guess they like to p0wn people...
06:51 rangi_eifl
06:51 rangi_eifl we should do something for this
06:52 reiveune joined #koha
06:52 reiveune hello
06:52 rangi_eifl
06:55 gaetan_B joined #koha
06:56 samueld joined #koha
06:56 ccverg joined #koha
06:56 gaetan_B hello
06:56 wahanui hola, gaetan_B
06:56 rangi_eifl heh, timezone fail, its one more hour
07:03 lds joined #koha
07:06 samueld hi everybody
07:13 kivilahtio__ joined #koha
07:24 samueld joined #koha
07:29 magnuse[…]DIt70A0SJwD4uepg2 needs 52 more followers - can we get there?
07:29 alex_a joined #koha
07:32 kf joined #koha
07:40 kf good morning #koha
07:40 magnuse guten morgen kf
07:41 magnuse signed up for stack exchange yet?
07:41 kf um not yet
07:44 kf bgkriegel++
07:45 kf @later tell bgkriegel - seeing your po file for the marc frameworks - great idea :) would it be possible to show the field/subfield somehow in a comment?
07:45 huginn kf: The operation succeeded.
07:48 sophie_m joined #koha
07:48 magnuse more po files?
07:48 wahanui more po files are bug 7934 and bug 7939
07:48 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7934 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, frederic, NEW , Separate po file for help pages
07:48 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7939 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, frederic, NEW , Separate po files for different MARC dialects
07:51 magnuse ah, not directly related, i guess
07:51 kf magnuse: not directly... but maybe
07:52 kf tcohen++ bgkriegel++ # all the hard work
07:56 ccverg joined #koha
08:13 lds joined #koha
08:17 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:25 rangi_eifl joined #koha
08:27 kf hi rangi_eifl :)
08:32 chris_n joined #koha
08:41 kf magnuse: here?
08:41 wahanui it has been said that here is where I work
08:56 ccverg joined #koha
09:18 magnuse kf: um yup!
09:25 kf 18 already? wow
09:29 rangi cjh: around? release notes say 3.8.14
09:30 cjh you are kidding, one moment
09:30 cjh oh the 'the last koha release was...' part
09:32 rangi hmm might have just been your email :)
09:32 marcelr joined #koha
09:33 cjh ohh bugger, I must have loaded the wrong file into my email client :(
09:33 rangi hehe yeah its fine on the website
09:34 cjh ty for catching that.
09:35 rangi no worries
09:39 cjh tlc also appear to be having some network faults(80% packet loss at a node, only getting 60Kb/s to kc), so my upload bailed out at 99% without me noticing, not exactly a smooth release :)
09:40 rangi heh
09:40 rangi yeah its been patchy since the new owners took over
09:41 kf new owners?
09:42 cjh nz isps, vodafone bought telstraclear[C
09:42 kf oh
09:43 * kf curses aobut the daily quotes not moving to the left where i want them to be.
09:43 kf sorry :)
09:45 magnuse sounds like the related css might need a patch?
09:52 cjh and in theory that is all fixed.. sorry about that all, bed time for me I think.
09:52 cjh new email sent, file re-uploaded.
09:53 rangi :) sleep well
09:57 ccverg joined #koha
09:58 wizzyrea_web joined #koha
10:00 * wizzyrea_web waves
10:02 magnuse half way numbers:[…]ashing_day#Middle
10:02 magnuse kia ora wizzyrea_web!
10:02 magnuse cjh++
10:03 magnuse "Failed QA" and "Doesn't apply" are deacreasing, at least
10:03 magnuse :-)
10:11 wizzyrea_web oy I need to get back with her.
10:11 wizzyrea_web so many things to do.
10:13 * kf waves at wizzyrea
10:14 wizzyrea_web hallo kf!
10:26 magnuse wizzyrea++
10:28 wizzyrea_web[…]-library-software nudge nudge
10:29 magnuse wink wink
10:57 ccverg joined #koha
11:10 drojf joined #koha
11:10 drojf hi #koha
11:11 wizzyrea_web hallo
11:11 wizzyrea_web welcome to monday
11:11 drojf :D
11:12 drojf i put up a limesurvey thingy for the kohacon vote. would be nice if some people could try if it works ok and if so i'd start a fresh copy later today and send it to the lists
11:13 drojf[…]hp/968417/lang-en
11:15 drojf have to leave for the library, will check the log later
11:22 jwagner joined #koha
11:27 bgkriegel joined #koha
11:32 peter joined #koha
11:33 Michael_ joined #koha
11:35 michaelk joined #koha
11:35 michaelk left #koha
11:36 paul_p joined #koha
11:43 nengard joined #koha
11:44 drnoe joined #koha
11:46 nengard joined #koha
11:52 drnoe left #koha
11:53 magnuse drojf++
11:53 magnuse @later tell drojf: the limesurvey thingy works nicely for me
11:53 huginn magnuse: The operation succeeded.
11:55 meliss joined #koha
11:55 kf @later tell drojf: works fine for me too :)
11:55 huginn kf: The operation succeeded.
11:58 ccverg joined #koha
11:59 drnoe joined #koha
12:20 oleonard joined #koha
12:23 mtompset joined #koha
12:24 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
12:24 mtompset How goes the bug squashing day?
12:27 oleonard Hi #koha
12:27 mtompset Greetings, oleonard.
12:27 * oleonard doesn't like bug squashing days that start during his weekend--cuts down on bug-squashing time
12:28 mtompset It isn't about quantity. It's about quality. :)
12:28 NateC joined #koha
12:30 kf oleonard: i am sure you are going to make up for th emissed time :)
12:31 tcohen joined #koha
12:31 magnuse oleonard: you still have something like 21.5 hours to go, if you choose hawaii time
12:34 tcohen hi magnuse , #koha
12:34 magnuse hiya tcohen
12:34 ccverg joined #koha
12:35 peter joined #koha
12:36 magnuse nudge nudge[…]DIt70A0SJwD4uepg2
12:37 tcohen magnuse++
12:41 magnuse tcohen: are you a follower yet? ;-)
12:42 tcohen indeed
12:42 magnuse yay!
12:42 oleonard Ouch, responsive demo broken.
12:44 magnuse oh noes
12:44 magnuse let's all shout to wake up wizzyrea
12:49 tcohen Nahhhh, stick with Wine1.6 instead!
12:50 oleonard What's the connection to Koha?
12:50 tcohen they seem to be using it to run some library stuff
12:51 collum joined #koha
12:54 edveal joined #koha
12:54 oleonard Anyone have a patch they'd like to promote?
12:55 mtompset bug 10900
12:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10900 normal, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Incorrect calling conventions accessing C4::Context
12:55 * oleonard isn't qualified to evaluate that patch
12:55 mtompset oleonard: read the code, you'll be scared.
12:56 mtompset how about 7764?
12:56 mtompset bug 7764
12:56 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7764 normal, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , INSTALL.ubuntu needs to be updated
12:56 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:56 drojf joined #koha
12:57 jcamins Someone remind me why we need a StackExchange site?
12:58 drojf hello again #koha
12:58 oleonard Because you don't have enough different Koha support venues to follow jcamins
12:58 mtompset Greetings, drojf jcamins oleonard magnuse kf.
12:58 * mtompset chuckles.
12:59 oleonard I hear Koha support questions are not yet being inserted dynamically into your dreams jcamins
12:59 jcamins oleonard: right-o, thanks.
12:59 meliss joined #koha
12:59 magnuse because it would give us the possibility to down-vote less-than-ideal answers
12:59 drojf the log says i should be getting @-later-s. yet there are none. funny
13:00 mtompset what log?
13:00 oleonard Someone else signed in as drojf and stole them?
13:00 wahanui log is
13:00 oleonard wahanui++
13:00 mtompset DOH! It must be morning.
13:00 mtompset Not enough caffeine yet.
13:00 magnuse wahanui++ yeah that was impressive
13:00 drojf oleonard: oh, that evil @laternapping i have heard of
13:01 drojf i did not know it found its way to #koha ;)
13:04 marcelr oleonard: a small patch waiting for some time already? bug 10092
13:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10092 trivial, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , Small improvements on serial missinglist and receivedlist
13:10 talljoy joined #koha
13:11 drojf you can still test run the kohacon vote and complain about whatever you like ;)[…]hp/968417/lang-en
13:11 drojf magnuse++ kf++  for trying
13:12 jcamins drojf: I need more cowbell!
13:12 marcelr drojf: complain about whatever you like? a dutch site?
13:13 drojf jcamins: cowbell? :D
13:14 drojf ah, leo has a link to that reference, can't watch it here ;)
13:14 drojf oh, it's also no longer available due to copyright. so much for that
13:15 jcamins It's an SNL skit.
13:15 drojf yes i have found out that much :)
13:17 * magnuse wanders off to make dinner - happy bug squashing #koha!
13:20 oleonard
13:24 kf dinner... it's so early!
13:25 drojf rofl. thanks oleonard
13:25 drojf hi kf
13:25 kf hi drojf
13:25 drojf dinner at 15:30?
13:26 oleonard He didn't specify how long it would take him to make dinner
13:26 kf hm
13:27 * kf imagines an opulent feast
13:27 drojf oh i did not read that magnuse was going to make some. i thought kf was havong dinner
13:27 drojf well, in norway you probably have to go and hunt that bear first and that count as part of the preparation? :P
13:27 drojf or a nice moose
13:28 * drojf would like an opulent feast
13:30 drojf i am not sure if i want to record the IP addresses of the votes. i'm not planning to do real checking (and multiple votes from an ip can of course be normal), but it might be useful to see if hundreds of votes come from the same place. on the other hand, i don't think anybody cared about that the last years, so i'm not sure. opinions?
13:31 drojf i would not publish the addresses afterwards of course
13:31 jcamins drojf: may as well because disk space is cheap?
13:32 kf jcamins: that's not the question here - it's a privacy question
13:32 kf :)
13:32 nengard drojf in past years i didn't track IPs just emails - you had to have a unique email address
13:32 kf drojf: I think we required a name and email address in the past
13:32 nengard and asked for organization but didn't require it
13:32 nengard I have the old surveys still on my server
13:32 kf drojf: I think a unique email address would make sense to me, and a note ont he front page that it won't be published, ip addresses not tracked etc.
13:34 drojf i was thinking of email addresses, but since they are not checked you could fill that with anything too ;)
13:34 samueld hi  everybody
13:34 jcamins You need some sort of identifying information, for when someone challenges the results, and IP address is probably the least identifiable.
13:35 nengard drojf i checked them
13:35 nengard and i had a validation script set up
13:35 nengard to make sure it was valid
13:35 drojf in limesurvey? or manually?
13:35 nengard validation in limesurvey
13:35 nengard and skimmed them with my eyes for fake ones ( or whatever
13:36 drojf and by validation you mean the format of an email address or something that checks if you can send an email to it?
13:36 nengard if you all need i can just recreate the old one ... no one asked me to this time ... but I have it all set on my server still from the last 2
13:36 * oleonard pities the poor survey participants who work for
13:36 nengard :)
13:36 nengard validation = make sure it's formatted as an actual email address
13:37 * jcamins has a friend who uses example.tld for his mail server.
13:37 samueld i've a question : as member of the team for the next release, i 've been elected as vm manager (and for the documentation).I begin to work on it but i 'd like to know where this vm could be hosted and how to plan the release of the vm. I've vm for 3.12 but in french for the moment :-)
13:37 drojf ok then i'll add the field. gotta run. see you later
13:37 marjorieCCSR joined #koha
13:37 drojf left #koha
13:37 kf nengard: i think drojf is almost done
13:38 kf nengard: it hink maybe you we should delete the data from the old surveys at some point
13:39 marjorieCCSR hi, i have a question for deleted biblio
13:40 nengard kf i have the format saved for easy recreation - not the data
13:41 kf marjorieCCSR: you will have to ask it for us to answer :)
13:41 marjorieCCSR ok thanks, it's the first time i use tchat
13:42 marjorieCCSR i'm french so excuse for my poor english
13:42 marjorieCCSR how to recover a biblio deleted
13:43 kf marjorieCCSR: it's currently not possible, the data is still there, but there is no functionality to recover it using the interface
13:43 kf marjorieCCSR: such things were possible in very early version of Koha (so I have been told), but some of it got lost along the way. it would be a nice feature to bring back
13:44 kf marjorieCCSR: you can query the information of your deleted biblios using reports and the deletedbiblio, deletedbiblioitems and deleteditems tables
13:44 tcohen oh, koha-perldeps, not koha-deps
13:44 tcohen testing 3.12.5 tarball install
13:45 marjorieCCSR i tried to use stage marc record, the biblio was imported very well but not the items
13:46 kf marjorieCCSR: aah, then i might have misunderstood what you meant with deleted
13:46 kf marjorieCCSR: i think we need more information about what you want to do
13:47 marjorieCCSR ok, i will try to explain
13:49 marjorieCCSR I can export the good biblio with the items from a backup and i tried to import it
13:51 marjorieCCSR import was successful but the items were not created.
13:52 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:56 nengard left #koha
13:59 kf marjorieCCSR: did you select that items hsould be created in staged marc import?
14:00 marjorieCCSR yes
14:00 kf marjorieCCSR: oh. did you check your record has items actually?
14:00 kf marjorieCCSR: if you are using marc21 there shoudl be 952 fields
14:05 marjorieCCSR yes but they are not in the biblio. When i made the import, the message for the items was good "Number of items added 703"
14:10 gmcharlt @quote random
14:10 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #144: "library_systems_guy: (xslt) looks like html and lisp had an ugly baby." (added by wizzyrea at 08:48 PM, June 30, 2011)
14:22 mcooper joined #koha
14:28 maximep joined #koha
14:38 rhcl joined #koha
15:15 oleonard Hooray! An hour and fifteen minutes talking about RDA!
15:15 * oleonard keels over
15:16 marjorieCCSR kf: sorry. in the file mrc imported there is no 952 but when i did the export i choose to export items.
15:20 druthb oleonard: I'd rather do that, than what I'm doing.
15:20 druthb wahanui: ruby on rails?
15:20 wahanui druthb: i don't know
15:20 druthb oh.
15:21 druthb Ruby on Rails is a poor perversion of Perl done by people who apparently didn't think the Perl community was "nice" enough.
15:21 druthb ruby on rails?
15:21 wahanui somebody said ruby on rails was a poor perversion of Perl done by people who apparently didn't think the Perl community was "nice" enough.
15:21 * druthb nods.
15:22 druthb wahanui:  botsnack Ruby on Rails trainer
15:22 wahanui :)
15:24 nengard joined #koha
15:24 * druthb blames nengard.
15:24 druthb ohai, nengard!
15:24 * druthb looks innocent.
15:24 nengard um
15:25 * druthb is in a Ruby on Rails class today and tomorrow, so the snark may be running thick.  Beware.
15:26 reiveune bye
15:26 reiveune left #koha
15:29 kf marjorieCCSR: I am sorry, i am at work and couldn't check IRC for a while.
15:29 marjorieCCSR kf: ok thanks
15:29 gaetan_B bye !
15:29 kf marjorieCCSR: not sure about your problem - if the record has no items, that's the problem. Depending on the version you come from it might be a bug fixed
15:30 marjorieCCSR i think there is a problem to export
15:30 kf marjorieCCSR: yes, it looks like it
15:30 kf i am sorry, i have to run
15:30 kf left #koha
15:31 marjorieCCSR ok bye, thanks
15:45 ccverg joined #koha
15:48 druthb Ruby is a language where they have a fetish about not using standard development terms:  threads are called "fibers", libraries are "gems"…wait, what?
15:48 druthb wahanui:  ruby?
15:48 wahanui ruby is probably easy to install. Any > 1.8.7 works fine
15:48 druthb puh
15:54 rambuten I've known Ruby developers that are just totally worshipers of the language, and claim to do great and wonderous works with it.
15:55 laurence left #koha
15:56 druthb Oh, I'm listening to one of those now.  She's done everything but solve world hunger, apparently, but didn't know what cPanel does as a business.
16:03 gmcharlt jcamins: apropos of bug 8952, what /is/ the canonical way for a Plack application to tell if a given request was made over HTTP or HTTPS?
16:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8952 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Add http:// to url in social media links on opac-detail
16:05 cait joined #koha
16:14 jenkins_koha Starting build #115 for job master_maria (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:14 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10847: Open link to vendor's website in new window <[…]9ad749dfa64e62a76> / Bug 10305 - _increment_barcode is called twice <[…]2f32a2862b578a04c>
16:35 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10465: remove useless reference to fields 780 and 785 in UNIMARC XSLT files <[…]60eb1771bcce0492e>
16:35 druthb oh, gods…now she's teaching a room full of coders who use git *every day* about git.
16:35 oleonard Someone stop her
16:36 druthb do not tempt me in that fashion, oleonard.
16:36 druthb Do not.
16:36 cait hm?
16:36 cait who is?
16:37 oleonard Why not, druthb? Raise you hand and politely say that she's covering something you're familiar with?
16:38 druthb That's been done, by someone else.  She even asked, "you guys familiar with git?"  "yep."
16:40 SherryS joined #koha
16:41 SherryS left #koha
16:43 druthb oh, and now she's carrying on about a ruby gem that acts as a wrapper for git…  can we do that with Koha, gmcharlt, and confuse *everyone*?  Pleeeeeeease?
16:43 gmcharlt druthb: no
16:43 druthb darn.
16:43 * gmcharlt is still traumatized by the executable line noise that is edi4r
16:44 mtompset druthb: Who is teaching?
16:44 druthb @quote random
16:44 huginn druthb: Quote #173: "rangi: there is so much stuff in Koha that is a result of 'omg my staff wont do what they are told to. Please punish the whole world for me.'" (added by wizzyrea at 05:10 PM, December 09, 2011)
16:45 druthb mtompset: lady named Renée De Voursney.  Owns her own Ruby consultancy in Seattle.
16:46 druthb I just kind of wonder if we're actually going to see any Ruby code. We haven't, yet.
16:46 druthb (almost 3 hours in…and haven't seen a *line* of Ruby code.
16:46 ccverg joined #koha
16:48 cait druthb: what's the training about officially?
16:48 druthb Ruby on Rails deployment and administration.
16:51 druthb Inadequate preparation, lack of knowledge about our company, lack of listening to our needs… not impressed.
16:52 rambuten Sometimes it's important to judge such training sessions by the amenities. How are the hors d'oeuvres? Good coffee? Variety of fruit juices? Nice, clean restrooms? Free pens, notepaper, coffee cups?
16:54 druthb I agree, rambuten…but this one is in our shop, so all the usual amenities are here—catered lunch, free sodas, our usual restroom, and smokin' fast wifi.
16:54 rambuten well
16:55 druthb we're paying her for this?  Lordy.
16:55 druthb uhm.
16:56 druthb She's teaching us how to test Ruby code—before we've actually seen any Ruby code.
16:56 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #115: SUCCESS in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]master_maria/115/
16:56 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 10305 - _increment_barcode is called twice
16:56 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 10847: Open link to vendor's website in new window
16:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10305 trivial, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , _increment_barcode is called twice
16:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10847 trivial, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Open external link to website of a vendor in new tab/window
16:56 jenkins_koha Starting build #116 for job master_maria (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:57 druthb omg.  I just *told* her she has put the cart before the horse….and she totally isn't getting it.
16:59 * druthb bangs her head against the desk
17:01 jenkins_koha Starting build #368 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:01 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #368: SUCCESS in 11 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/368/
17:01 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: update cover images w/ delete
17:04 * mtompset can imagine druthb flaying the speaker with a prosthetic leg screaming, "We already know git. Where is the Ruby Code?!"
17:05 druthb tempting, mtompset.  Very, very tempting.
17:06 mtompset Your self-control is admirable.
17:07 druthb One of the Ruby 'thangs' is called 'test-driven development".  Write your tests before you write your code.
17:07 cait mtompset: she just got new skin on that, so it doesn't seem like a good idea
17:08 mtompset True, but if you are frustrated, sometimes you are pushed to do not so good things.
17:09 druthb I'm just *stunned* more than frustrated.
17:15 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10911: fix invalid links when displaying records that have 880 fields <[…]75ca69736bb40ee2c>
17:15 marjorieCCSR joined #koha
17:15 mtompset Wasn't that bot for checking "Needs Signoff" going to be running?
17:16 mtompset I found a bug that needed sign off, but it didn't apply.
17:18 cait mtompset: i think it might still be wip
17:18 mtompset wip?
17:19 rambuten whiskey in progress?
17:20 mtompset Ah... because I did see it run once on a bug that I commented on.
17:21 mtompset rambuten: I think it only becomes a whiskey in progress at beer o'clock.
17:21 * druthb perks.
17:21 druthb Whiskey?
17:22 cait druthb: alcohol is no solution
17:22 cait chocolate is :)
17:23 druthb good plan!
17:24 mtompset Cherry and rum filled chocolate balls? ;)
17:38 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #116: SUCCESS in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]master_maria/116/
17:38 jenkins_koha Mathieu Saby: Bug 10465: remove useless reference to fields 780 and 785 in UNIMARC XSLT files
17:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10465 trivial, P5 - low, ---, mathieu.saby, Pushed to Master , Reference to fields 780 and 785 in UNIMARC XSLT should be removed
17:38 jenkins_koha Starting build #117 for job master_maria (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:40 bgkriegel joined #koha
17:47 ccverg joined #koha
17:50 marjorieCCSR hi, export data tool do not export items of one record ? on the other side, it works when i save on marcUTF8 directly in a biblio record. Is anyone tested export data tool with item?
17:50 tcohen do we need to properly answer the questions at SE magnuse?
17:51 tcohen i mean, if this gets approved: will this go public?
17:52 cait tcohen: i think it already is public - on twiter and everywhere?
17:52 cait marjorieCCSR: which version of koha are you on?
17:52 tcohen cait: ok, thanks
17:53 marjorieCCSR cait: 3.08.05
17:54 cait marjorieCCSR: that's qute old by now
17:55 tcohen =~ /CCSR//
17:56 cait marjorieCCSR: checking if i can find a bug in bugzilla
17:56 marjorieCCSR ok thanks
17:57 cait hm
17:57 cait bug 9046
17:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9046 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Items are not exported with the tools/
17:58 marjorieCCSR huginn : ok thanks
17:58 cait marjorieCCSR: huginn is a bot :) he reacted to my 'bug 9046' :)
17:58 cait saves us from copying bugzilla links :)
17:59 cait the problem is, the bug was only fixed in 3.10
17:59 cait I think updating might be problematic for you (customizations?), but maybe it could be backported
18:00 huginn marjorieCCSR: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
18:00 mtompset But comment 7 says it was pushed to master, cait.
18:00 mtompset oh, never mind.
18:00 mtompset we're talking about 3.8.5
18:01 ccverg joined #koha
18:01 bgkriegel joined #koha
18:01 edveal-lunch joined #koha
18:01 collum joined #koha
18:01 NateC joined #koha
18:01 oleonard joined #koha
18:01 halcyonCorsair joined #koha
18:01 khall joined #koha
18:01 mtj joined #koha
18:01 wahanui Good, I'm glad you figured it out. I didn't understand, and probably never will, being a bot.
18:01 marjorieCCSR cait: ok
18:01 cait hm it might be also affected by this bug
18:01 cait but you coudl try sending yourself a cart with your records from the opac
18:01 cait it attaches a marc file - but i tmight be missing the item data too
18:02 marjorieCCSR cait: we will have 3.12 soon, so i will wait.
18:03 cait marjorieCCSR: ok :)
18:04 marjorieCCSR cait: thanks for your help. bye
18:06 mtompset Actually the bug is easy enough to backport.
18:06 mtompset Just a tiny conflict to resolve.
18:07 mtompset Should I submit the backport?
18:08 mtompset What do you think, cait?
18:09 nengard_inspectin left #koha
18:09 tcohen bye #koha
18:09 tcohen tough  day here
18:10 mtompset Well, you got a release done.
18:10 mtompset tcohen++
18:10 bgkriegel go relax tcohen
18:10 cait mtompset: if she will update to 3.12 soon i am not sure it will be used
18:10 cait hm we still maintain 3.8... right?
18:10 mtompset yes.
18:10 cait tcohen++
18:10 mtompset 3.8.18 was just released.
18:11 cait i only confuse numbers these days :)
18:13 mtompset Which frankly is a really long support cycle for 3.8.x
18:13 rambuten joined #koha
18:14 sophie_m joined #koha
18:14 oleonard We support releases as long as there is a release maintainer who wants to do it
18:15 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10924: fix updating contact note from OPAC <[…]9ee0e63b12260db01>
18:21 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #117: SUCCESS in 42 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]master_maria/117/
18:21 jenkins_koha Kyle M Hall: Bug 10911: fix invalid links when displaying records that have 880 fields
18:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10911 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Records with 880 fields have broken details links in intranet search results using XSLT.
18:21 jenkins_koha Starting build #118 for job master_maria (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:22 mtompset So, if I decide to post the backport, should I start a new bug for the 3.8.x version, or do I change the status of RESOLVED FIXED on the old one?
18:24 oleonard In the past I've seen patches for previous versions go on the same bug mtompset
18:24 maximep I just love when my client asks questions here :D
18:24 maximep save me from doing it lol
18:24 maximep *saves
18:25 mtompset maximep: You trained them well then. :)
18:25 maximep would be better if I could have time to do the 3.8 backport myself, but oh well
18:25 mtompset Seriously... 2 minutes.
18:28 druthb finally, getting to hack some Ruby code!  wahoo!
18:32 mtompset maximep: patch posted on the bug 9046.
18:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9046 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, REOPENED , Items are not exported with the tools/
18:32 mtompset The second patch is basically identical.
18:32 mtompset The first patch is an addition of one line.
18:33 mtompset vs. changing one line (3.10.x)
18:33 mtompset Though, I suppose the use of any over grep wasn't a big thing back then. :)
18:40 maximep mtompset++
18:41 mtompset You're welcome. :)
18:42 Callender joined #koha
18:44 cait gmcharlt++ :)
18:46 jenkins_koha Starting build #369 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:46 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #369: SUCCESS in 10 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/369/
18:46 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: update staff list image
18:48 jcamins gmcharlt: unfortunately, it's kind of difficult.
18:50 jcamins gmcharlt: indeed, I'm not entirely sure it can be done from within the CGI-emulated system.
18:51 mtompset ???
18:51 gmcharlt short of baking in[…]-and-SSL-frontend in the default Plack config, I suppose?
18:52 mtompset Ah, that question.
18:52 jcamins Yeah.
18:53 gmcharlt jcamins: any reason not to do that?
18:54 jcamins Every time I bring up reverse proxies, it seems like someone objects. Other than that, no.
18:54 sophie_m joined #koha
18:54 jcamins I already use ReverseProxy middleware for myself.
18:56 gmcharlt I'm inclined to run with that, then -- reasonably supporting SSL-only is too important, IMO
18:57 jcamins Makes sense to me.
18:58 gmcharlt could you work up a patch for that?
18:58 jcamins There's not really anywhere in Koha for that patch to go.
18:58 jcamins Just the wiki.
19:00 gmcharlt hmm, yeah
19:00 gmcharlt ought we to take up 7844 again and just ship a Plack config?
19:01 jcamins Seems reasonable to me.
19:02 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #118: SUCCESS in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]master_maria/118/
19:02 jenkins_koha Owen Leonard: Bug 10924: fix updating contact note from OPAC
19:02 cait bug 7844
19:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10924 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Contact note not updating via opac
19:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7844 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, In Discussion , plack scripts for developers
19:03 nengard joined #koha
19:03 mtompset Will packages eventually use Plack by default?
19:05 jcamins Presumably.
19:06 jcamins gmcharlt: Jonathan's third patch looks reasonable to me, though.
19:06 jcamins i.e. I would probably push as-is, and kick the can down the road a little further on Plack+HTTPS-only.
19:07 gmcharlt jcamins: OK, to be clear, does $using_https get computed correctly under Plack with his patch?
19:08 jcamins Let me check.
19:08 jcamins No.
19:08 jcamins Okay, I probably wouldn't push it then.
19:09 jcamins Hm. Hold on.
19:10 ccverg left #koha
19:11 cait hm hope people agree with the idea... i started a wiki page for the hackfest:
19:11 cait[…]ohacon13/Hackfest
19:12 jcamins This is... odd.
19:13 jcamins How do I find out the version of a Perl module?
19:13 gmcharlt hope that $Foo::Bar::VERSION is defined
19:13 jcamins Hm.
19:14 jcamins Looks like it was.
19:14 jcamins CGI::Emulate::PSGI 0.12.
19:17 jcamins This is odd. I'm seeing status changes from the bot but no messages.
19:18 jcamins I wonder if it's my e-mail or a change in bot behavior.
19:18 cait no messages if the patch applies i think
19:18 cait just updating the date in the new field
19:18 jcamins Ah.
19:18 jcamins I see.
19:19 jcamins That makes sense.
19:20 jcamins gmcharlt: okay, I have figured it out.
19:20 jcamins If you are using a reverse proxy with Plack, HTTPS is not set at all.
19:20 jcamins The ON/OFF thing is only for if you are not using a reverse proxy.
19:21 jcamins Which is... weird.
19:21 jcamins And seems improbable.
19:21 * jcamins kicks his server repeatedly.
19:22 gmcharlt one thing I'm seeing is that it looks like psgi.url_scheme would get set correctly if one is using starman >= 0.4000
19:22 jcamins How do I see _all_ environment variables that are set?
19:22 jcamins %ENV seems not to be doing the trick here.
19:22 gmcharlt as that's when it starts explicitly supporting SSL
19:24 jcamins $input->https() returns 'HTTPS'
19:26 jcamins But $ENV{'HTTPS'} returns OFF.
19:26 jcamins And %ENV doesn't show an HTTPS member at all.
19:26 cait @wunder Reno
19:27 huginn cait: Error: No such location could be found.
19:27 cait @wunder Reno, Nevada
19:27 huginn cait: The current temperature in MidTown, Reno, Nevada is 18.5°C (12:15 PM PDT on September 23, 2013). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 43%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Pressure: 30.00 in 1016 hPa (Falling).
19:27 gmcharlt jcamins: not keys %ENV ?
19:28 jcamins Hm.
19:28 rambuten @wunder RNO
19:28 huginn rambuten: The current temperature in Reno, Nevada is 19.0°C (11:55 AM PDT on September 23, 2013). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 34%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Pressure: 30.00 in 1016 hPa (Falling).
19:28 jcamins I was using Data::Dumper. I'll try keys.
19:29 druthb @wunder 77098
19:29 huginn druthb: The current temperature in Greenway Plaza, Houston, Texas is 31.1°C (2:29 PM CDT on September 23, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 51%. Dew Point: 20.0°C. Pressure: 29.73 in 1007 hPa (Rising).
19:29 jcamins Huh. That lists it.
19:32 jcamins Ah-ha!
19:32 jcamins gmcharlt: the patch is fine.
19:33 jcamins CGI->https() uses some sort of disturbing wizardry that doesn't play nicely with Data::Dumper.
19:33 gmcharlt but upshot is that $using_https is set correctly for you?  what's your overall Plack setup?
19:34 gmcharlt in particular, what version of Starman?
19:34 jcamins Starman 0.2014.
19:35 jcamins Wait... this is weird.
19:35 gmcharlt which is weird, because looking at[…]Starman/, psgi.url_scheme is forced to http
19:35 jcamins Oh, never mind.
19:35 wahanui Good, I'm glad you figured it out. I didn't understand, and probably never will, being a bot.
19:35 jcamins Oh, no, it definitely doesn't work with HTTPS.
19:36 jcamins I mean, it doesn't break regular HTTP, so I'd be fine with the patch.
19:36 jcamins What I thought was weird a moment ago was that despite the links saying http:// I ended up at https:// but that's because the login pages redirect to https.
19:36 * gmcharlt is still inclined to try it with Starman 0.4-latest
19:39 pianohacker joined #koha
19:40 cait bgkriegel++ coming up with new ideas to make translator's lifes easier!
19:54 drojf joined #koha
19:54 nengard joined #koha
19:54 pianohacker Woohah. Got everything nailed down. See you all in Reno!
19:55 cait :)
19:55 cait cool
19:55 cait did you see the wiki page for arrivals?[…]ohacon13/Arrivals
19:56 pianohacker ah, yes. Still need to pick flight times, but will put that down once I do, thanks
19:56 drojf finally sent out the email for kohacon voting. sorry for the delay
19:57 cait pianohacker: i am waiting on feedback/rebases for some of your patches... *hint* :)
19:57 cait drojf++
19:57 rangi right, the bot is now skipping stuff that has been recently checked
19:57 cait rangi++
19:57 rangi Skipping bug, was checked 0 days ago
19:57 cait seems i am not stopping giving out karma tonight :)
19:57 cait koha++!
19:57 pianohacker You have one heck of a transfer set up cait
19:57 cait pianohacker: well not worse than rangi's it seems
19:58 pianohacker heh true
19:58 cait counting the stops
19:58 rangi[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7288
19:58 huginn Bug 7288: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Invoice improvements - Show only subscriptions
19:58 cait or tcohen's :)
19:58 rangi see the new field, that tracks when the bot last looked at it
19:58 pianohacker as far as 8133, well, still figuring out what to do about that
20:02 * mtompset puts on his chauffeur hat again.
20:02 rangi bbiab school run
20:33 pastebot "gmcharlt" at pasted "not actually a huge deal" (20 lines) at
20:35 cait gmcharlt: what are we looking at? :)
20:35 cait btw
20:35 cait i just noticed: It's already QA sprint day! and still GBSD!
20:35 pianohacker gmcharlt: re: my-variables-in-file-scope-kills-plack mail from earlier?
20:37 gmcharlt pianohacker: er, what such email?  in the coding guidelines and plack thread?  if so, I don't see a rsponse from you.
20:38 pianohacker oh, no, just wondering if that's what the paste was about
20:38 gmcharlt pianohacker: ah, misunderstood -- I had read it as ' re: *my*  my-variables-in-file-scope-kills-plack mail from earlier?'
20:38 gmcharlt but yes, that's the thread I mean
20:38 nengard joined #koha
20:42 pianohacker gmcharlt: Curses, sorry. Talking about perl can be confusing like that :)
20:55 pastebot "gmcharlt" at pasted "subroutines referring to package-level lexicals in C4" (91 lines) at
20:56 * cait is still confused :)
20:57 gmcharlt cait: I've now sent the email to koha-devel that should make it more clear :)
20:57 cait wrk mail kicks me out in 3 mins... that's just in time :)
20:57 jeff joined #koha
20:57 * jeff yawns
20:57 jeff greetings.
20:57 cait hi
20:57 gmcharlt jeff: wake up!
20:57 gmcharlt ;)
20:58 jeff :-)
20:58 jeff Dyrcona++ for reminding me (unintentionally) that I'd not re-joined #koha recently
21:01 Dyrcona heh.
21:01 Dyrcona Dyrcona-- # for forgetting to sign off rangi's commits in another project
21:01 huginn Dyrcona: Error: You're not allowed to adjust your own karma.
21:01 Dyrcona hah.
21:01 Dyrcona Saved by the hall monitor. :)
21:04 * cait will take cookies to decrease karma
21:04 cait ;)
21:05 Dyrcona Being told not "to karma yourself" makes it sound ... dirty.
21:06 wizzyrea hallo
21:09 cait hi wizzyrea :)
21:17 maximep left #koha
21:17 maximep joined #koha
21:40 pianohacker I think I've found a cheap, JS-compatible regex that doesn't match anything, and I love it: /^.^/
21:42 jcamins pianohacker: some regex parsers will only treat ^ as special at the beginning of the string.
21:42 pianohacker jcamins: Thankfully not including at least firefox's regex parser, but good catch
21:44 pianohacker jcamins: PHP for one will do that, no?
21:44 * jcamins converts MARC to JSON in one terminal, and loads the JSON in another terminal.
21:44 jcamins This is such a terrible idea I can hardly express it.
21:44 jcamins Let's see what happens, shall we?
21:45 jcamins pianohacker: yep.
21:45 pianohacker eenteresting
21:45 pianohacker jcamins: Felt like being the pipe(2) system call today, hmm? :)
21:47 jcamins pianohacker: I got bored of waiting for the MARC->JSON conversion to complete.
21:47 jcamins I figured, 4-core system, might as well use more than one of 'em.
21:48 pianohacker jcamins: What tool are you using? I can't remember which project it was, but I was looking for a good MARC-as-JSON "schema"
21:48 jcamins MARC::File::MiJ
21:50 pianohacker oh hi galen
21:51 gmcharlt pianohacker: what's up?
21:51 pianohacker just another MARC-related .pm that you wrote :)
21:51 jcamins Hmmm... where's the data going?
21:53 gmcharlt pianohacker: nuh-uh! Bill Dueber wrote it -- I just worked with him to fold it into the MARC/Perl umbrella :)
21:53 jcamins It went... nowhere.
21:53 jcamins Odd.
21:53 pianohacker I'm not sure if I should believe you, gmcharlt...
21:54 gmcharlt I'm not BillDueber!  I swear it! ;)
21:54 pianohacker It's like saying there's a .tt owen hasn't touched
21:54 rangi whoops
21:54 cait hi rangi
21:54 rangi[…]g.cgi?id=7683#c33
21:54 huginn Bug 7683: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , statistic wizard: cataloging
21:54 cait whoops
21:54 cait heh
21:54 rangi i probably dont need to put that message on for all the patches
21:55 wizzyrea hehe
21:55 rangi just once is enough :)
21:55 cait I'd think so :)
21:55 cait rangi: hm another idea for an enh
21:56 cait could it mark patches that dpeend on something that can't be tested (does not apply, in discussion etc.) as blocked? and unblock it later on?
21:56 cait we had a lot of those dependencies in the list of patches in the past and it was sometimes a bit hard to untangle where you could actually start
21:57 rangi it might do block at some point
21:57 rangi for now it will note it on the bug
21:57 cait yep that's already great
21:57 rangi but if it seems to be being not false positives it could start blocking
21:57 jcamins Okay, there's the data.
21:58 jcamins I'm not 100% sure where it was writing the data to earlier.
21:59 jcamins I suppose to a folder with several gigabytes of unidentifiable data.
22:00 rangi ill just iron the kinks out first
22:01 cait rangi: we will keep an eye on it :)
22:01 cait should the new bot get a name?
22:02 edveal left #koha
22:03 jcamins Gesamtkunstwerk. We should talk about Gesamtkunstwerk more often on #koha.
22:03 rangi hmm?
22:03 wizzyrea i am afraid to google that
22:03 rangi[…]g.cgi?id=8064#c24
22:03 huginn Bug 8064: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Merge several biblio records
22:03 rangi thats better
22:04 cait hm native speakers
22:04 jcamins We need an animated gif for the tumblr. I shall ponder.
22:04 cait is 'issues claims' a good name for the sql profile for exporting late issues as csv file?
22:04 sophie_m left #koha
22:06 cait noone?
22:06 wahanui noone is, like, here
22:06 eythian hi
22:06 wahanui kai ora, eythian
22:06 cait morning eythian
22:07 eythian what are "late issues"?
22:07 cait serial issues that didn't arrive when they should have
22:07 eythian oh right
22:08 eythian then it seems reasonable to me. More or less what it already is called in the interface.
22:33 gmcharlt cait: serial "claims", at least as used by NA libraries, don't occur until the library has actually requested delivery or replacement of a late issue
22:34 cait gmcharlt: i think koha does not differentiate here
22:35 gmcharlt yeah, at least not currently, though it could be enhanced to do so
22:35 cait gmcharlt: I am still pondering bug 10807 and the subs in the new module
22:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10807 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , OPAC: There is no authority search history
22:35 gmcharlt maybe "issues to claim" as the name of the profile?
22:36 cait hm i think for the profile it would look not quite right, but just a feeling
22:36 cait or maybe it would
22:36 cait i will suggest it
22:41 cait ... and now i better sleep :)
22:41 cait good night all
22:41 cait left #koha
22:46 cait joined #koha
22:46 cait left #koha
22:47 maximep left #koha
23:06 papa joined #koha
23:22 drojf joined #koha
23:34 dcook joined #koha
23:42 * dcook didn't need to sign up to follow the Koha Stackexchange...
23:43 dcook Just an email address
23:43 * dcook realizes how out of the blue those comments are
23:43 * eythian prefers to use openid, though SE's interface for that needs some work.
23:45 dcook Hmm, not sure I'm a fan of all the info it would take...
23:47 eythian that's why openid lets you provide whatever info you like
23:48 dcook O_o
23:48 eythian but also my openid provider requires the use of two-factor auth, which is nice.
23:51 dcook Which provider do you use?
23:53 wizzyrea also USE YOUR VOTES

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary