IRC log for #koha, 2013-08-29

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:12 trea joined #koha
00:16 dcook \o trea
00:16 dcook Feeling better? (Not that we talk about you when you're not around...)
00:16 trea i'm congested, but i'm here
00:16 trea thx for asking
00:17 * dcook holds up his box of Kleenex and his water bottle
00:17 dcook I hear that
00:17 dcook and you're welcome :)
00:36 aquaman joined #koha
00:51 campbell joined #koha
00:53 tcohen night #koha
00:53 dcook night tcohen
00:53 dcook hey campbell
01:12 drnoe_away left #koha
01:51 dcook A person can't do matching on authority records, eh?
01:51 jcamins There's a patch for that.
01:52 dcook Sweeeeet
01:52 dcook (Eventually)
01:55 wizzyrea be jcamins
01:55 wahanui Have some fudge.
01:55 * wizzyrea nods
01:55 wizzyrea authority matching?
01:55 wizzyrea authority matching is <reply> There's a patch for that.
01:56 dcook authority matching?
01:56 wahanui There's a patch for that.
01:56 dcook hehe
01:56 dcook It would be rather handy
01:56 wizzyrea I don't recall the bug #
01:56 dcook I wonder what you would match on..
01:56 wizzyrea I do recall that it needed some love
01:57 jcamins Bug 5202.
01:57 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5202 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Passed QA , Merge authority records
01:57 wizzyrea oh passed QA! when did that happen!
01:58 dcook Hmm
01:58 wizzyrea authority matching is also <reply> bug 5202
01:58 wahanui okay, wizzyrea.
01:58 wizzyrea authority matching?
01:58 wahanui bug 5202
01:58 dcook Based on the comments, that wouldn't be very useful for bulk imports though
01:59 jcamins dcook: what are you trying to do?
01:59 dcook Ideally, import annual authority updates
01:59 dcook Mind that I think about it...
01:59 jcamins If you are bulk importing multiple copies of a given authority record, you're doing it wrong.
01:59 * dcook ponders this a second
01:59 jcamins Oh, in that case, yeah, that's already there.
02:00 dcook I mean different authority types
02:00 jcamins Wait...
02:00 jcamins no, there's a patch for that.
02:00 dcook But maybe each authority file would just be one type...
02:00 * dcook would have his doubts though
02:00 jcamins Hmmm.
02:01 jcamins Why can't you do it?
02:01 dcook Well, at this point I'm on an old 3.8, so it's a moot point
02:01 dcook But I'm just pondering how it would work in newer versions
02:01 dcook Say I were downloading the new MeSH update
02:02 dcook That's some...1700-1800 new or modified authority records
02:02 jcamins I'd overlay them based on MeSH identifier.
02:02 jcamins 071, maybe?
02:02 dcook Oooh...
02:02 dcook It might help if I actually "look" at a MeSH record, eh? ;)
02:02 jcamins No, 060
02:03 jcamins No, not 060.
02:03 rangi 01892371
02:03 rangi im helping im helping
02:03 dcook lol
02:05 dcook Hmm, I don't see any identifier :/
02:05 jcamins 035 looks like your best bet.
02:05 jcamins I thought they had another one, but maybe not.
02:06 jcamins Or they don't use it.
02:08 dcook I think they might just use it for bib records
02:08 dcook Or the MARC authority frameworks are stripping it out perhaps
02:08 jcamins I have a problem.
02:09 jcamins I can't find the menu in Windows 8.
02:09 jcamins The problem is using Windows, of course.
02:09 dcook I don't know if there is a menu
02:10 wizzyrea windows 8. I'm so sorry.
02:10 dcook I've only used Windows 8 twice though
02:10 dcook Ahhh!
02:10 dcook I found some personal name auth records that have a 035!
02:12 jcamins So, I have a puzzle for you.
02:12 jcamins I found a Java program I want to run.
02:13 jcamins I use a Mac. Or Linux. Or FreeBSD.
02:13 jcamins Java is platform-independent.
02:13 jcamins So why do I need to find a Windows computer to run the Java program?
02:13 rangi embrace and extend
02:14 rangi couple with oracle
02:14 jcamins But... wtf? Why don't you just use a non-awful application development language if you're going to write something Windows-only?
02:14 rangi people are mental
02:16 jcamins This proves how motivated I am to try this software.
02:16 * jcamins is now in Windows 7.
02:17 jcamins Okay.
02:17 jcamins Got it to run.
02:17 jcamins "THIS IS A SECURITY RISK" -- no kidding. It's Windows.
02:18 wizzyrea @quote add jcamins: "THIS IS A SECURITY RISK" -- no kidding. It's Windows.
02:18 huginn` wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.  Quote #272 added.
02:18 jcamins I am so glad that I downloaded a web browser, Java, *and* the software just to be told what version of Java I had running.
02:19 jcamins Before I installed Java I didn't have any version of Java running.
02:19 jcamins And knowing that I was just as well off as I am now.
02:19 rangi heh
02:22 jcamins Ummmm...
02:22 jcamins I am looking at a citation analysis tool.
02:23 jcamins It offers WoS and PubMed citation analysis.
02:23 jcamins I tried the WoS one. It was cool.
02:23 jcamins So I tried the PubMed one.
02:23 jcamins And after downloading the file it informs me that PubMed doesn't include citations so it won't be analyzing them.
02:27 wizzyrea ...helpful.
02:30 dcook :S
02:30 jcamins Super-helpful.
02:34 * jcamins just found something we should add to Koha:[…]_the_web_problem/
02:35 wizzyrea oh my gracious.
02:36 * wizzyrea is still blinking
02:36 dcook O_O
02:36 jcamins Possibly just rolling.
02:37 jcamins We hope.
02:37 jcamins Hey, I know! I think I'll run twelve updates to Windows now.
02:37 dcook Oh just gets worse the more I scroll...
02:38 wizzyrea < is aghast
02:38 dcook That has to be fake..
02:38 wizzyrea ....
02:40 wizzyrea it gets quite a bit funnier towards the middle
02:40 wizzyrea like actually funny
02:42 dcook hehe, there are some rather entertaining bits
02:43 dcook I'm rather amazed that so many people posted
02:44 dcook ...and that I'm still reading this
03:13 * mtompset wakes up from stasis. WHAT?! That is ultra-mega-stupid security-wise.
03:30 mtompset Good thing someone told me to assume jcamins' comments are frequently surrounded by sarcasm tags. ;)
03:31 mtompset Well, have a great day, #koha.
03:57 wizzyrea campbell++ for tackling hard things!
04:57 dcook campbell++
05:00 cait joined #koha
05:06 dcook hey cait
05:07 cait morning dcook
05:10 dcook how's the morning?
05:18 dcook jcamins++
05:19 dcook gmcharlt++
05:19 dcook Authority linking stuff...
05:25 cait :)
05:25 dcook Hmm
05:26 dcook I keep thinking there are two preferences for hiding things in the OPAC...
05:26 dcook OpacSuppresion and another one..
05:26 rangi hiddenitems
05:26 dcook Yes, that's it
05:26 dcook Thanks, rangi :)
05:26 dcook I should've searched "hid" instead of "hide"
05:28 dcook Oh, that "OpacSuppression" doesn't look too bad
05:28 * dcook wonders if we handle "deleted" records at all
05:29 dcook Leader position 05 "d"
05:31 dcook Hmm, doesn't look like it
05:33 dcook Can't say I've ever had anyone ask for that though.
05:37 cait dcook: no we don't right now
05:49 dcook IE is such a weird browser...
06:13 trendynick joined #koha
06:15 * magnuse waves
06:16 magnuse there was a patch with a script related to to leader/05=d...
06:17 magnuse i think?
06:18 magnuse dcook: bug 10421
06:18 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10421 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Failed QA , Add cron script to delete deleted records
06:22 magnuse rangi:[…]477acb8f3df8e2cab :-)
06:22 rangi sweet
06:24 * dcook perks up
06:24 dcook I think these painkillers need more alcohol..
06:24 magnuse ?!?
06:25 magnuse awww...[…]KohaCon13_Program
06:25 dcook Well, they haven't had any alcohol yet :p
06:27 dcook Why the aww, magnuse?
06:34 magnuse because i want to go there...
06:40 sophie_m joined #koha
06:41 reiveune joined #koha
06:41 magnuse bonjour sophie_m et reiveune
06:41 reiveune hello magnuse dcook everyone
06:41 dcook magnuse: Go where?
06:41 dcook hey ya reiveune :)
06:42 magnuse dcook: to kohacon2013 in reno
06:43 dcook You're not going currently? :(
06:44 dcook Oh...I wish there was item matching as well during imports..
06:44 dcook Hmm, maybe it doesn't matter...
06:44 dcook The imports that is
06:44 dcook It would be great to see you at a kohacon, magnuse :)
06:45 dcook 15 minutes to break a busted table-based layout. Can I do it? I don't know...
06:46 dcook ^^ Comes from a thing where my grammar teacher used to say "You have 15 minutes to finish 30 questions. Can you do it? YES!"
06:46 dcook She was very optimistic...:p
06:46 dcook s/optimistic/authoritarian/
06:47 magnuse dcook: yeah, there are lots of people i want to meet, you included. are you going to reno?
06:48 dcook Yep. I'm presenting on Dspace + Koha on the Thursday afternoon
06:48 drojf joined #koha
06:48 dcook Hopefully I'll have a decent prototype of this OAI-PMH harvester ready by then so I can talk about it ;)
06:48 drojf mrng
06:48 dcook Guten Morgen, drojf
06:49 drojf hi dcook
06:53 alex_a joined #koha
06:53 magnuse dcook: ah, so you don't see the harvesting in 3.14?
06:53 * dcook tries to remember when the feature freeze is
06:53 dcook feature freeze?
06:53 wahanui feature freeze is 3 October 2013
06:53 dcook Mmm
06:53 dcook That could happen
06:54 dcook Actually, probably not
06:54 dcook I did the z39.50 authority search a while ago and that was a much more straightforward feature
06:55 * dcook is unsure whether to post his current work and get feedback, or to wait until he's got it the way he wants it THEN get feedback
06:55 magnuse release early, release often?
06:55 magnuse better to get feedback before things are too settled?
06:56 dcook Hmm, that's true
06:56 dcook It is getting to the point where there are options and I'm sure of the best route
06:56 dcook And places where I could use a second pair of eyes just to catch mistakes/improve the code quality
06:57 magnuse sounds like yo are ready for feedback to me :-)
06:57 dcook Well, maybe tomorrow I'll have to post my current work
06:57 magnuse yay
06:58 dcook The documentation needs a bit of work but I've tried to comment the crap out of it
06:58 magnuse hehe, nice
06:58 dcook And lots of POD for the class
06:58 magnuse yay!
06:58 magnuse tests?
06:58 wahanui tests is, like,
06:58 dcook Ah, that's something I'm wanting to add soonish as well
06:59 dcook At the moment, I've got one PM, one PL (which is the start of a cronjob), and...two XSLTs
06:59 dcook One for transforming DC to MARC21 (which needs a fair bit of work)
06:59 lds joined #koha
06:59 dcook And one for adding a few fields to incoming MARC21 records
07:00 drojf nice
07:00 drojf dcook++
07:00 magnuse yeah dcook++
07:00 dcook Thanks :)
07:01 magnuse someone on facebook just suggested a dro who skin/theme for koha. wizzyrea? rangi?
07:01 dcook :D
07:02 lds joined #koha
07:04 rangi need someoone with design schools, and that aint me
07:06 magnuse rangi: :-)
07:06 rangi skills even
07:06 magnuse hehe
07:16 trendynick joined #koha
07:22 kf joined #koha
07:22 kf hi all :)
07:23 eythian joined #koha
07:25 dcook O_O
07:25 dcook hey kf
07:25 dcook And hey eythian?!
07:25 wahanui go back to bed, eythian
07:25 kf hi dcook :)
07:25 magnuse hiya trendynick kf and eythian
07:25 eythian hi
07:25 kf good morning magnuse :)
07:26 dcook eythian: Back from vacation?
07:26 eythian no, just at my laptop for the first time in a few weeks
07:26 kf you remembered the password
07:26 kf ?
07:26 kf impressive :)
07:26 dcook Mmm, well, your absence has been noted!
07:27 dcook #koha doesn't seem the same without you
07:27 eythian kf: muscle memory :)
07:27 eythian dcook: it sounds terrible!
07:27 kf pf.
07:28 dcook There's been a serious lack of pithy links
07:28 dcook Hope the vacation has been/continues to be good
07:28 dcook night all
07:28 wahanui goodnight dcook. You'll be back.
07:29 magnuse heh, wahanui is the only one quick enough to say goodnight to dcook
07:30 eythian it takes a robot...
07:31 eythian oh goody, over 1000 unread emails
07:31 magnuse lol
07:31 * magnuse finally gets around to realising[…]/Template:DevBook - far from perfect, but hey: release early, release often...
07:32 lds joined #koha
07:32 magnuse if anyone can think of other pages that (new) devs should be aware of, please add them or give me a hint
07:32 rangi hmm i did one
07:33 rangi[…]ki/I_want_to_help
07:34 magnuse goody! added
07:35 kf magnuse++
07:36 magnuse OMGWTFBBQ? lol!
07:38 eythian[…]riting-NZ-history <-- oh cool
07:41 magnuse in norway we have a saying along the lines of "things are never so bad that something good can't come from it"...
07:41 kf :)
07:42 magnuse or "never so bad that it's not good for something"
07:45 kf that's optimistic, i like it
07:45 magnuse it's very optimistic :-)
07:45 eythian clouds, silver linings, that sort of thing :)
07:46 trea left #koha
07:48 magnuse ah yes, that would be the english equivalent - i knew there had to be one :-)
07:49 paul_p joined #koha
07:49 magnuse kia ora paul_p
07:49 paul_p hello #koha
07:50 eythian also "it's an ill wind that blows no minds" ... no wait ... "it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good"
07:50 kf hi paul_p
07:50 eythian hello paul_p
07:50 magnuse eythian: hadn't heard that one - nice!
07:51 eythian or in its original form, apparently: "An yll wynde that blowth no man to good, men say."
07:51 magnuse aye, 'tis that!
07:55 kf meeting - bbiab
07:59 paul_p hey eythian, seems you're close to France atm ?
07:59 paul_p eythian / rangi = NZ is really a wise country...[…]tents-7000019955/
08:02 eythian paul_p: in the netherlands at the moment, but back home tomorrow. Didn't make it to france this trip.
08:02 paul_p eythian safe travelling back home then !
08:03 eythian ta :)
08:04 eythian and yeah, the patents thing was a long time in the coming
08:07 magnuse the comments seemed a bit obering, though?
08:08 magnuse s/obering/sobering/
08:09 gerundio joined #koha
08:13 eythian don't read the comments.
08:13 eythian that's a blanket policy for almost all sites.
08:40 magnuse :-)
08:45 kf back
09:11 JDatTeTakere joined #koha
09:16 JDatTeTakere left #koha
09:40 longrider joined #koha
10:31 longrider lost Status not found in Item add
10:32 longrider please help me in this regard
11:18 jwagner joined #koha
11:21 phred_ joined #koha
11:22 trendynick joined #koha
11:25 alex_a joined #koha
11:26 drnoe_away joined #koha
11:37 nengard joined #koha
11:58 collum joined #koha
12:07 janPasi joined #koha
12:16 janPasi_ joined #koha
12:31 edveal joined #koha
12:35 janPasi joined #koha
12:40 tcohen joined #koha
12:43 elemark joined #koha
12:44 elemark hallo
12:44 nengard morning #koha long time no see
12:45 elemark how should I pack a marc file for the import so that it includes item info, too?
12:46 talljoy joined #koha
12:49 eythian put the item info into 952, one 952 per item
12:52 tcohen hi eythian
12:52 eythian hi tcohen
12:52 nengard the info on the 952 can be found in the manual :)  http://manual.koha-community.o[…]html#itemcatguide
12:53 tcohen eythian: i should just add /etc/bash-completion/koha-common then?
12:53 eythian yeah
12:53 tcohen great
12:53 tcohen another question
12:53 wahanui another question is how useful it is to have "save as rdf" option...
12:53 magnuse elemark: see also[…]_fields_%289xx%29
12:53 eythian that way, if someone installs the bash-completion package later, it'll magically work. And if not, it won't do anything.
12:54 magnuse wahanui: forget another question
12:54 wahanui magnuse: I forgot another question
12:54 tcohen when is debian/rules used? after 'make install'?
12:54 eythian I liked that question :/
12:54 elemark thanks a lot
12:54 eythian tcohen: erm
12:54 elemark I'm having a look at those links
12:55 eythian it runs make install
12:55 eythian but it does it using magic
12:56 tcohen i'm tracking the fact that my patch didn't fix the history.txt problem in packages
12:57 tcohen override_dh_auto_install does a rm -rf on the docs dir
12:57 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:57 tcohen should i install $(TMP)/usr/share/koha/doc/history.txt somewhere just before that?
12:58 eythian that seems reasonable I think
12:59 eythian it rm's it presumably because you can't leave stuff lying around, or the package build process will complain.
13:01 elemark ok, maybe it's not so easy as I thought
13:05 tcohen ok, will build and check the result :-D
13:06 elemark thanks, tcohen, I believe that building will be a great work
13:06 eythian elemark: oh hey, where in Italy are you?
13:06 elemark turin
13:07 eythian ah cool. I was touristing in Rome and Florince about a week ago.
13:08 elemark the fact is that I've not been told to do such attempt, so I don't believe my boss would be happy to know i dedicate days of work to this :(
13:09 elemark @eythian wow! did you have a good trip?
13:09 huginn` elemark: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
13:09 eythian yeah, it was good. Saw things I'd only ever seen in pictures before, ate a lot of gelato, that sort of thing :)
13:09 elemark huginn`: sorry, what's RDA?
13:09 huginn` elemark: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
13:10 eythian huginn` is a bot, and starting a line with '@' is how you make him do stuff.
13:10 huginn` eythian: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
13:10 eythian or starting with its name...
13:11 elemark eythian: :) thanks, I'm not using  IRC since 10 years or more
13:12 elemark though I can see no '@' in front of any name
13:13 elemark maybe it's empathy
13:13 eythian no, you put an @ in front of my name.
13:14 elemark aaaah, sorry
13:14 elemark right, I understand (late but I do)
13:30 elemark left #koha
13:31 tcohen eythian: debian/koha-common.bash-completion ;-)
13:33 paul_p kf = flight booked. Landing at RNO, on 13th, at 19:26
13:38 tcohen hi paul_p
13:41 paul_p hi tcohen. Good morning
13:43 maximep joined #koha
14:09 trendynick joined #koha
14:24 mcooper joined #koha
14:27 kf someone from bywater around? :)
14:27 kf khall, nengard
14:27 kf ?
14:28 nengard i'm here
14:28 nengard what's up?
14:28 khall yo
14:28 kf bug 10801 looks like a support request for you :)
14:28 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10801 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , ERROR: Barcode must be unique
14:29 khall that name doesn't ring a bell, how about for you nengard?
14:30 nengard khall she's new
14:30 kf just thought you might be able to help out better than i can here
14:30 rambutan joined #koha
14:30 khall lol, thanks kf!
14:30 rambutan @seen rangi
14:30 huginn` rambutan: rangi was last seen in #koha 6 hours, 57 minutes, and 34 seconds ago: <rangi>[…]ki/I_want_to_help
14:31 kf rambutan: still night in nz :)
14:31 rambutan no excuse!
14:31 khall it seems as though wizzyrea has been trying to reach me. Stupid time zones!
14:31 rambutan :)
14:31 kf khall: i think it might have been about the bug she was testing, i saw that she left comments there
14:31 kf khall: patron... lists?
14:32 khall ahh, thanks again kf!
14:32 kf only a guess :)
14:52 mtompset joined #koha
14:52 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
14:54 rambutan morning mtompset
14:54 oleonard joined #koha
14:54 mtompset Greetings, rambutan.
14:55 oleonard Hi #koha
14:55 * oleonard finally drags in after a morning meeting
14:56 mtompset Greetings, oleonard.
14:56 mtompset I have a meeting shortly myself. :)
14:58 * chris_n 's Firefox has an Internet Explorer moment
14:58 tcohen hi oleonard mtompset
14:58 mtompset Sounds like you are using the IETab plug in. ;)
14:59 mtompset Greetings, chris_n and tcohen. :)
14:59 chris_n heh
14:59 chris_n heya mtompset
14:59 wahanui somebody said mtompset was disliking finding bugs while testing.
15:00 mtompset There much less likely to trigger a "WHAT?!" kind of moment that before. :)
15:00 * tcohen realizes we need lots of cleanup in debian/*
15:01 druthb Hi, mtompset!  :)
15:01 mtompset tcohen: There's lots of clean up everywhere! :) I'm working on a INSTALL.ubuntu re-write.
15:02 tcohen please don't replace it with packages instructions
15:03 tcohen :-D
15:03 mtompset I'm not.
15:04 mtompset I'm trying for a source based install with occasional: IF YOU ARE DOING A DEV INSTALLATION, IF YOU ARE DOING A STANDARD INSTALLATION.
15:05 mtompset I'm also leaving out all the sample output and answers for some of the commands.
15:06 mtompset I'm nearly finished the re-write, but I need to test it out, so that it is simple enough for a unfamiliar with Koha, but kind of familiar with Linux person should be able to do it.
15:06 tcohen please let me test it too when you're done
15:07 mtompset I'll be putting it up as a patch.
15:07 mtompset You can have the pleasure of signing off when it is done. ;)
15:08 mtompset I was wondering if I should even leaving everyone's names in the credits section.
15:08 mtompset leave (not leaving)
15:09 mtompset I'm not sure anyone is going to recognize their part at all, by the time I'm done. :)
15:18 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "I need some jquery help please" (26 lines) at
15:19 * oleonard finds that if he uses custom XSL for OPAC results (at a remote URL) that  OPACItemsResultsDisplay stops working...
15:19 nengard hmmm
15:19 nengard how so?
15:19 nengard we're not having that problem
15:19 oleonard I have OPACItemsResultsDisplay set to show library, location, and call number
15:20 nengard oh wait
15:20 nengard wrong pref
15:20 nengard sorry ... am tired
15:20 oleonard If I point our  OPACXSLTResultsDisplay to a customized XSL file we stop seeing call number info in OPAC search results
15:20 nengard does that pref work with xslt at all?
15:20 oleonard Yes
15:21 oleonard I can't reproduce the problem in master, but I see it on our live system
15:21 * oleonard should test in 3.10.x
15:23 tomas_ joined #koha
15:26 jcamins oleonard: are you sure your customized XSLT includes that syspref?
15:27 oleonard All I did was add some RDA tag display to a stock XSL file
15:27 jcamins Odd.
15:27 jcamins Out of curiosity, which tags?
15:29 oleonard 264
15:29 jcamins Ah.
15:30 jcamins Makes sense.
15:37 kf left #koha
15:38 dbs joined #koha
15:48 reiveune bye
15:48 reiveune left #koha
15:50 tcohen joined #koha
15:53 nengard jcamins i need help with your jquyer
15:53 nengard jquery
15:53 nengard[…]ges_are_not_found
15:53 nengard look at result 3 & 4:[…]
15:54 nengard and 5 for that matter ...
15:55 jcamins Huh. I find myself wondering about that jQuery.
15:55 jcamins A) I could've sworn I got it off the wiki from you.
15:55 jcamins B) I could've sworn it was longer.
15:56 jcamins Actually, never mind. That's a workaround for something else entirely.
15:57 jcamins Just use Marlboro's CSS.
15:57 jcamins Oh, that is Marlboro's catalog, isn't it?
16:00 nengard yup
16:00 nengard they wanted to use a bookplate instead of the no image found
16:00 nengard so ... other ideas? :)
16:00 jcamins There's a CSS-only solution.
16:01 nengard oh
16:01 jcamins Unfortunately, the place I remember seeing it was in Marlboro's opacusercss.
16:01 nengard crap
16:02 nengard removed the jquery
16:02 oleonard joined #koha
16:06 liw joined #koha
16:16 mtompset backups are your friend. :)
16:16 cait joined #koha
16:16 oleonard A lesson from your day mtompset?
16:19 mtompset once or twice. :)
16:19 mtompset thankfully not today.
16:22 * cait waves
16:22 magnuse revision history for sysprefs?
16:22 * magnuse waves to cait
16:22 liw joined #koha
16:25 cait :)
16:28 druthb hi, cait! :D
16:28 druthb wahanui:  cait?
16:28 wahanui cait: go to bed
16:28 druthb lol
16:28 cait hi druthb :)
16:28 cait lol not yet
16:28 cait i don't have pixies doing the laundry for me
16:28 cait or the dishes
16:29 oleonard Dish pixies.
16:29 oleonard I just like saying that. Dish pixies.
16:29 cait and laundry pixies heh
16:30 cait yeah, dish pixies are a fabulous idea
16:35 druthb hmpf.
16:35 * druthb has *pixie* as an alert word in her client.
16:36 jcamins Pixie?
16:36 * druthb perks
16:37 oleonard
16:52 oleonard Seriously, "liblivecd?"
16:53 oleonard Oh, I thought that was something it's not.
16:53 oleonard Looks like it's a crapshoot what version you get if you dowload that, depending on where you go.
17:21 cait pixie?
17:27 jenkins_koha Starting build #13 for job Koha_Docs_3.12.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:30 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs_3.12.x build #13: SUCCESS in 2 min 15 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Docs_3.12.x/13/
17:30 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: update bsort1 and bsort2 to be clearer
17:30 jenkins_koha Starting build #59 for job Koha_Docs_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:30 jenkins_koha Starting build #44 for job Koha_Docs_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:30 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs_3.10.x build #59: SUCCESS in 8.6 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Docs_3.10.x/59/
17:30 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: update bsort1 and bsort2 to be clearer
17:30 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs_3.8.x build #44: SUCCESS in 8.4 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_Docs_3.8.x/44/
17:30 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: update bsort1 and bsort2 to be clearer
17:30 jenkins_koha Starting build #363 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:30 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #363: SUCCESS in 9.2 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/363/
17:30 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: update bsort1 and bsort2 to be clearer
17:31 magnuse druthb: you might want to check out[…]icle.php?id=20662
17:32 magnuse (dunno why i have not thought about that before...)
17:35 cait1 joined #koha
17:42 * tcohen grumbles ("why deb building scripts are so tricky?...")
17:42 cait dunno :)
17:42 * cait hands tcohen a cookie
17:42 tcohen thx cait
17:44 tcohen dh_compress --exclude=history.txt
17:45 * cait is in a good mood because the cold seems to give in finally :)
18:07 talljoy joined #koha
18:12 tcohen bug 10802
18:12 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10802 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , history.txt missing in packages
18:13 magnuse sweet as
18:15 phasefx_ if you change a perl module in C4, do you need an apache restart, or does a reload suffice?
18:16 tcohen no restart/reload required
18:16 phasefx_ cool deal, thanks!
18:18 magnuse as long as you are not using plack (but then you would probably not be using apache...)
18:19 tcohen heh, exactly
18:21 tcohen magnuse, could you tell me how does the patch look for you?
18:22 tcohen roughly
18:23 magnuse tcohen: it looks like deep, deep magic ;-)
18:24 magnuse i have no idea what is going on there. i could test it, but alas i have no time for it in the next 2 weeks
18:24 tcohen np magnuse
18:36 phasefx_ I have a site running, and I believe a recent backported security patch broke access to the Serials interface.  I get Template process failed: file error - not found at blah/C4/ line 126.  I know this was fixed for another site running the same version, but the few differences I saw in C4/ don't seem to make a difference.  Any suggestions for where
18:36 phasefx_ I should look?
18:38 cait have you checked the inc file is there?
18:38 cait it will be in the template folders
18:38 cait that's unlikely to be a C4 problem - more a template problem
18:38 phasefx_ I'm not sure that this version of koha even uses that file
18:38 oleonard intranet-tmpl/prog/en/includes/
18:38 * phasefx_ looks
18:39 cait oleonard++
18:39 cait and what security fix did you backport?
18:39 oleonard intranet-tmpl/prog/en/inclu​des/, that is.
18:39 phasefx_ that I don't know; I'm usually immersed in Evergreen, but I can dig for it
18:39 cait if it was the one for opacsearchhistory that looks unrelated
18:39 cait i can't remember on ein serials. hm.
18:41 oleonard I don't see that file listed in 3.4.x. I don't think 3.4.x used DataTables at all.
18:41 * cait agrees with oleonard
18:41 cait i think 3.6 had some first datatables
18:42 phasefx_ that was my impression rooting around in the file system; there's a instead of a Utils/
18:43 phasefx_ the working site doesn't have
18:46 oleonard I can't understand why a security patch would change a template in that way.
18:47 phasefx_ it was[…]elease-july-2013/
18:49 cait hm
18:49 cait did you just pick the top three commits from there?
18:49 cait or did you update the version?
18:49 oleonard Those commits don't touch any serials templates
18:49 tcohen magnuse: i'm resuming my work on bash-completion
18:50 tcohen do u think i should consider the koha-list patch for --sip --nosip ?
18:51 magnuse tcohen: not sure what you mean?
18:52 magnuse take those options into account, so if you do --sip you only autocomplete one the ones that have sip enabled?
18:52 tcohen ;-)
18:52 magnuse s/one /on /
18:52 oleonard I'm officially declaring Bug 10309 "needs signoff"
18:52 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10309 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , New OPAC theme based on Bootstrap
18:52 tcohen right now i have:
18:53 magnuse woohoo oleonard++
18:53 tcohen - substract already passed instance names
18:53 tcohen - conditional switches fr a few scripts handled correctly
18:53 magnuse tcohen: if i understand you right it sounds like a possible future enh to me :-)
18:54 tcohen i just need to push some of this work so it gets peer reviewed before starting the most difficult scripts' completions
18:55 cait oleonard: woohoo :)
18:55 cait oleonard++
18:55 oleonard I'm sure there's stuff I haven't caught, but I don't think I'll get any serious testing without asking for a signoff
18:56 * oleonard will consider borrowing magnuse's GBSD whip if necessary
18:56 * magnuse hands it to oleonard, just in case
18:56 oleonard Time to leave though. I'll save the whippings for later.
18:56 oleonard See ya #koha
18:57 tcohen oleonard++
18:57 magnuse tcohen: submitting some of it sounds like a good idea, to not make the patch too big and complex
18:57 phasefx_ oleonard: cait: I need to work on my reading comprehension I think; ticket mentions the security fix, but also additional issues with that specific branch they're using.  Sorry for the goosechase
18:57 cait phasefx_that's ok - well then it's another commit
18:58 cait could you check the last change made to the template file?
18:58 cait i think you are going wrong looking in the perl and C4 files - datatables is javascript and templates
18:58 cait so you want to look in koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/serials or something like that
18:58 phasefx_ cait: 2bace14e5c06d909fc65ad17c031b4d7e4b3acb6
18:59 phasefx_ well, that's for
18:59 cait yah
18:59 cait i don't think your problem is there
18:59 cait look at the template for the page you are trying to view
18:59 cait that causes the problem
19:00 phasefx_ it's all clear now
19:01 phasefx_ need to revert 3fe0c347c2a90dc65837a4653c24f40de9e7ce3d
19:02 phasefx_ cait++ oleonard++
19:02 cait yv - hope it works
19:03 phasefx_ I had part of it, but was missing the changes to
19:03 cait yeah, that one looks really suspicious .)
19:11 phasefx_ that did the trick
19:12 cait cool :)
19:14 magnuse have fun, #koha!
19:14 tcohen wait!
19:16 * cait wiats
19:16 tcohen bye cait
19:16 tcohen :-D
19:17 phasefx_ fun now? :)
19:17 cait ?
19:17 * cait is stlil here
19:17 tcohen please
19:17 cait tcohen: you want me to leave?
19:18 tcohen i'm done, you're free
19:18 tcohen :-P
19:19 cait *confused*
19:20 * tcohen *too*
19:20 tcohen bye #koha
19:22 phasefx_ I think they just wanted to leave before magnuse? :)
19:26 * cait i still here
19:26 * cait will be for some time :)
19:47 jcamins phasefx_: you've been encouraged to upgrade to a modern version, right?
19:49 phasefx_ jcamins: I think we encourage but don't force, for the most part
19:50 jcamins Oh, you're with ESI.
19:50 * jcamins had forgotten.
19:50 phasefx_ yeap, and when gmcharlt is away, I get to play... :)
19:51 Dyrcona Do you all typically sign your git commits with -s ?
19:52 cait I know gmcharlt does it, but most people don't sign their own patches currently
19:52 Dyrcona cait thanks.
19:52 cait the testers do
19:52 cait and qa and RM
19:52 Dyrcona I see.
19:52 Dyrcona Makes sense.
19:52 jcamins Also when rebasing, often.
19:52 cait ah yes, for putting in a note it's used as well
19:53 Dyrcona In Evergreen-land, we do things a bit differently but that's cool.
19:53 Dyrcona I'm looking at some commits to a joint project done by rangi, so I thought I'd ask what your usual procedure is.
19:53 jcamins It certainly wouldn't cause any problems to self-sign.
19:53 Dyrcona I'll just sign them after I test and then push to master.
19:54 cait as I said - gmcharlt does it in koha land too :)
19:54 Dyrcona We have some commits with up to four signatures.
19:54 cait we are not opposed to it
19:54 cait that we have too :) - but those are testers then
19:54 cait most of the time
19:54 Dyrcona Typically, the one who wrote the code signs, the one tests it, and the committer.
19:55 cait yeah, we have the same then - because one more for the qa team, one less for the code write
19:55 cait r
19:55 jcamins cait: I think we've probably reached dozens of signatures on a single commit.
19:55 jcamins Mostly my fault.
19:55 cait hehe
19:55 Dyrcona Thanks for the little discussion. It has helped me decide how to proceed.
19:56 cait Dyrcona: i suspect rangi would  have no problem with signing his patches
19:56 Dyrcona gmcharlt just signs everything.. ;)
19:56 jcamins Write patch, submit. Rebase. Sign off. Rebase again. Sign off again. Get sign off. Rebase. Sign off. Rebase. Sign off. Get QA feedback. Write follow-up. Sign off. Get additional sign off... etc.
19:56 Dyrcona cait: likely, but it is ok with me if he doesn't.
19:56 * cait suggest just talking to him :)
19:57 jcamins They self-sign on other projects at Catalyst.
19:57 rangi yep, i can self sign
19:57 Dyrcona wasn't sure what time it was for you. ;)
19:57 * rangi will do it from now
19:57 rangi 7.57
19:57 Dyrcona OK. cool.
19:57 jcamins Breakfast time, I think.
19:57 rangi taking kids to school soon and then work
19:57 jcamins Tomorrow.
19:57 wahanui i heard tomorrow was pizza friday! or the day after today.
19:58 Dyrcona let me know when it is beer o'clock, and I'll join you. :)
19:58 wahanui That would be factoid 31337 given on #koha by Dyrcona.
19:58 wahanui woohoo!
19:59 jcamins Hehe.
19:59 rangi 4in 8 hours
19:59 rangi hmm in 8 hours even, at 4pm
20:00 rangi i did a few more commits
20:00 rangi[…]23dcfbdbcfac1f4d3
20:00 rangi nothing much substantial yet
20:00 rangi altho this is kinda cool
20:01 rangi[…]5dbb6e9b78650f236
20:01 Dyrcona Yeah, I picked those up, 'cause I just pulled.
20:01 cait ooh ncip
20:01 rangi sweet
20:01 Dyrcona sweet as
20:01 Dyrcona ;)
20:01 Dyrcona btw, that's what I called your remote, "sweetas."
20:01 rangi so it starts up a server listening on localhost 6001 (or whatever the config says) all it does is echo what you type back, but its a nice way to test
20:02 rangi hehe
20:02 rangi cool
20:02 Dyrcona yeah,
20:02 Dyrcona I think someone in Minnesota has put up a skeletal mod-perl, but I have to look at the branch, first.
20:03 rangi sweet
20:03 rangi ill probably do a dancer implemenation too
20:03 rangi cos all the heavy lifting is done int he modules
20:04 rangi that would give us raw tcp, mod_perl, or psgi to choose from
20:04 Dyrcona very nice.
20:08 cait rangi++ Dyrcona++ :)
20:18 Dyrcona rangi++
20:25 cait @wunder Konstanz
20:25 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 14.7°C (10:25 PM CEST on August 29, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
20:28 nengard left #koha
20:43 rambutan @wunder 64507
20:43 huginn` rambutan: The current temperature in Wyatt Park, St Joseph, Missouri is 36.5°C (3:42 PM CDT on August 29, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 49%. Dew Point: 24.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Falling). Heat advisory in effect from noon to 7 PM CDT Friday...
20:43 cait hm what do people think about 10796
20:43 cait bug 10796
20:43 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10796 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Allow OpacPasswordChange to be set by category type
20:43 cait i am pondering what to do about the system preference, when you can make that setting in the patron category
20:45 rangi @wunder nzwn
20:45 huginn` rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 10.0°C (8:00 AM NZST on August 30, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 66%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Rising).
20:45 rangi Dropped the kids off, dropped my car off, now waiting for a bus
20:48 cait where did you leave the car?
20:48 cait car school? :)
20:48 cait bad joke, i know
20:48 rangi Hehe the house
20:49 rangi I don't like to have it if I'm going to have a beer
20:49 cait :)
20:50 cait very clever
20:58 rangi I noticed, if you install the eventbase app and search for Koha the kohacon programme is there
21:05 magnuse cait: maybe keep the syspref, so you can set a baseline with that, and if you don't want any categories to deviate from that setting you don't have to set each category
21:07 mtompset rangi++ # responsible drinking habits.
21:10 magnuse have fun, #koha!
21:10 cait magnuse: i think it might be confusing - because you don't see the syspref setting on the page...
21:11 cait hm
21:11 magnuse cait: that could be fixed :-)
21:11 cait yah
21:12 cait but we don't do that in other places
21:12 cait i am trying to see a common pattern
21:12 cait well find one
21:12 cait maybe a third setting for OpacChangePassword
21:12 cait Use category
21:12 cait then make the option show up on the patron category form only when it#s set to that
21:12 cait still seems overly complicated
21:14 wizzyrea you could just put it in the category, and have it off by default (if that's what the syspref value is currently)
21:14 wizzyrea and just not have an option of global off or global on
21:15 wizzyrea just make it something that people have to set, like overdue notices
21:15 wizzyrea per category
21:16 wizzyrea so get rid of the syspref, enforce usage per category.
21:16 cait on by default i think
21:16 cait allowing login
21:16 wizzyrea well whatever the default is now (least surprise and all)
21:16 cait i tend to do that yes
21:16 cait i think it would be least confusing
21:16 cait and of course copy the current value to existing patron categories
21:17 wizzyrea right
21:17 cait it seems most logical to me i think
21:17 wizzyrea besides, I can think of at least one person who would be for eliminating sysprefs ;)
21:17 cait but i better get this right :)
21:17 cait heh
21:17 cait maybe ha can test or qa then ;)
21:22 cait wizzyrea: thx for giving your opinion
21:23 wizzyrea ah yep, at least this time it's not a controversial one ^.^
21:25 cait those are very welcome too :)
21:31 rangi back
21:36 wizzyrea haha cait you said the same thing I said
21:36 cait hm?
21:37 wizzyrea on the mailing list about the overdue notices
21:37 cait ah right
21:37 cait i sitl think it's the cause
21:37 wizzyrea me too
21:37 wizzyrea I have actually been caught by that exact thing
21:37 cait i really filed that bug :)
22:05 mtompset Well, this is the day that my schedule is totally out of whack. Have a great 24 hour period (or more), #koha.
22:05 * mtompset waves bye to wizzyrea and cait. :)
22:06 wizzyrea later
22:13 wizzyrea yay someone wants to know about the livecd. *sighs*
22:13 rangi i think that guy is in wellington
22:13 rangi learning
22:13 wahanui i think learning is a life long process and it never stops. I just wish it slowed down sometimes. :)
22:13 rangi we should reply and say, pop in to catalyst with your laptop
22:13 rangi and we can show you a less stupid way to install
22:14 wizzyrea :D we can do that?
22:14 rangi sure we can, just do it on a lunch break
22:14 wizzyrea neat!
22:14 rangi lemme just check if it is the person im thinking of
22:15 rangi My name is Richard. Im an IT student from the island of Tonga currently
22:15 rangi studying in NZ,
22:15 rangi yep it is
22:15 wizzyrea cooool
22:15 rangi in nz at least
22:16 ibeardslee probably even scope for 'community goodwill support' in timesheeting?
22:16 rangi so maybe say, if you are in wellington, pop in at lunch time blah blah
22:16 ibeardslee .. oh, this isn't catalyst irc ..
22:16 rangi heh
22:16 wizzyrea hah
22:17 Dyrcona joined #koha
22:17 rangi re Dyrcona
22:18 rambutan left #koha
23:02 papa joined #koha
23:11 Joubu joined #koha
23:13 cait left #koha
23:27 dcook joined #koha
23:43 maximep left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary