IRC log for #koha, 2013-08-01

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 cait left #koha
00:16 jcamins Does anyone remember the URL for an HTML5-based map of (I think) the Silk Road that actually allowed you to follow the map and changed the view as you went along?
00:32 jcamins Found it. NY Times.
00:32 dcook Neato. Post it?
00:33 jcamins Sure.[…]/07/21/silk-road/
00:33 dcook Digital preservation is so interesting...
00:34 dcook Although as Koha developers, I suppose we don't have much to do with it it except from the dissemination point of view.
00:34 jcamins Also cool, if you haven't seen it:
00:47 dcook hehe, that is pretty cool
00:47 dcook Is that using that JS you showed me the other day?
00:47 dcook Started with a D maybe?
00:48 dcook D3?
00:48 dcook Looks like
00:49 jcamins dcook: I think so, yeah.
00:49 jcamins And, yes.
01:04 gmcharlt @quote random
01:04 huginn` gmcharlt: Quote #115: "chris: friends don't let friends use proprietary software." (added by chris_n at 05:36 PM, January 19, 2011)
01:04 rangi damn straight
01:05 jcamins I have been asked to share a single article or blog post or the like which encapsulates my thoughts on bibliography and catalogs.
01:06 dcook Oooo
01:06 * dcook would read that
01:06 jcamins The problem is... *one*?
01:06 dcook I know, right?
01:06 dcook I wrote up a thing on digital preservation this morning and it spiralled a bit out of control..
01:07 dcook I just wanted to mention the basics
01:07 dcook But then the basics became the slightly more than basic
01:07 dcook Including links to the much more complex
01:07 jcamins Like, there's an argument to be made for this being a crucial starting point: http://semanticpublishing.word[…]-and-linked-data/
01:08 rangi jcamins: Silos are bad, mmmkay
01:08 jcamins But in fact that mostly fails to address any of my real concerns which are swept with "It is obvious that this is important."
01:08 rangi that could be your title
01:08 rangi you're welcome
01:08 rangi :-)
01:08 dcook hehe
01:08 dcook jcamins: But is it obvious?
01:08 jcamins dcook: clearly not _that_ obvious or we wouldn't be dealing with MARC data and RDA.
01:09 rangi here's what i have to say about that
01:09 rangi
01:09 dcook :P
01:09 jcamins lol
01:10 rangi which only makes sense if you have seen
01:10 jcamins This is the problem with doing things with academics. They have all these great references that you do not.
01:10 rangi true
01:10 dcook LOL
01:10 dcook I like turtles
01:10 dcook mmm
01:10 dcook so true
01:10 jcamins lol
01:11 jcamins He'd been rehearsing what he was going to say all night!
01:11 rangi :)
01:11 dcook turtles?
01:11 jcamins Just because she didn't ask the right question was no reason not to go forward with it.
01:11 dcook turtles is
01:11 rangi just like RDA
01:11 rangi jut because it doesnt solve the problem .. no reason to not use it anyway
01:11 dcook Bah, I can never remember it..
01:12 dcook Pretty much
01:24 dac joined #koha
01:28 dac Hmm
01:28 dcook Huzzah
02:06 dcook rangi++
02:06 dcook For 8033 :p
02:21 dcook joined #koha
02:33 jcamins bug 8033
02:33 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8033 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, elliott, Failed QA , add print receipt option to Koha self-check
03:12 bag evening all
03:13 gmcharlt hi bag
03:13 bag hey galen
03:58 laurence joined #koha
04:13 mcooper joined #koha
04:21 * dcook grumbles about HTTP::OAI::Harvester
04:23 dcook Or maybe it's the data...
04:23 dcook Probably the data
04:29 bag it's always the data - that's what talljoy says
04:30 dcook If it's not the data, then it's the handler...which is a possibility...but the thing seems to croak as soon as it tries to parse the DC
04:32 dcook Hell, I'd be overjoyed if I could see a "asXML" method somewhere
04:32 dcook Just so I know what I'm looking at
04:33 dcook Or I could dump it and try parsing it myself
04:35 dcook I'm using some code the author used as an example so maybe I need more error checking but still...:S
04:37 dcook Hmm, I don't think our Koha OAI-PMH server handles "from" and "until" parameters...
04:40 dcook Why do you think the element is empty you bloody parser...
04:40 dcook Wait..
04:41 dcook Because I'm an idiot
04:41 dcook That's why
04:41 dcook Hmm or not..
04:41 dcook Damn, I was hoping it was my idiocy..
04:46 bag :)
04:47 drnoe_away left #koha
04:58 dcook Any folks using ssl for their Koha OPACs?
05:03 kathryn yep
05:03 kathryn :)
05:04 dcook Hmm, I take it you've fixed up your XSLT to use HTTPS with Amazon?
05:04 kathryn but I'm unlikely to be able to answer your next question'
05:04 dcook hehe
05:04 kathryn yeah, pass
05:04 kathryn but it's a clue!
05:04 dcook True true
05:04 kathryn I'll show you one
05:05 dcook Cool. That would be helpful :)
05:05 kathryn
05:05 wahanui is probably a research library
05:05 bag we have opac's with SSL but not amazon
05:06 bag usually it ports to SSL when you need to log in
05:06 dcook Hmm
05:06 dcook kathryn: Looks like you guys have the same issue then
05:06 dcook As I'm sure everyone would
05:07 dcook Users should get warning messages in their browser that while the connection is encrypted, they're bringing in unencrypted resources
05:07 dcook Such as the amazon images
05:07 bag hmm is that really an issue?
05:08 kathryn I recall it being ok for, reasons...
05:08 kathryn but things change!
05:09 bag so do the amazon calls come back to the browser or to the server?
05:09 cait joined #koha
05:09 bag never mind I'm tired
05:10 bag I'm heading home I think
05:10 kathryn I'll bring it up with good folks here to check again too, I have to run away - my excuse is WINE!
05:10 dcook Thanks for the help, kathryn :)
05:10 kathryn you're welcome dcook sorry to bail :)
05:10 dcook No worries. There's wine!
05:11 bag THERE IS wine :)
05:11 kathryn night :) and hi cait!
05:11 cait night kathryn :)
05:11 cait and hi #koha
05:13 dcook hey cait :)
05:13 dcook bag: Practically speaking, it might not be much of an issue
05:13 dcook But in theory, I'm sure it could be
05:14 dcook Password sniffing and such should be eliminated due to the SSL, but the calls out to Amazon would be in the clear, so that could be intercepted and something different handled over as if it were from amazon
05:15 dcook Likely to happen? Probably not
05:15 dcook But...
05:27 dcook Oooh...I think I found that method I wanted..
05:29 dcook Or not...
05:29 * cait can't follow
05:29 * dcook is grumbling about HTTP::OAI::Harvester
05:30 cait oh
05:30 dcook I can retrieve the records but I can't print out any metadata at all
05:30 dcook I can just get the OAI identifier and datestamp, but when I try to get the DC metadata...nada
05:31 dcook It's there...but HTTP::OAI::Harvester doesn't seem to be parsing it as it should...unless I'm missing something painfully obvious
05:31 dcook But this is even using the author's example :/
05:31 dcook Easy access to OAI Dublincore...right
05:32 dcook Unless...
05:32 wahanui unless is probably meant to give code that reads more like natural language? but i'm not a fan either
05:32 dcook Maybe it is my idiocy
05:33 * dcook swears under his breath
05:33 dcook \o/
05:37 cait figured it out?
05:40 dcook I thought that it was auto-loading the OAI_DC parser
05:40 dcook Because all the examples suggest that it does
05:40 dcook But it seems that it doesn't
05:40 dcook I loaded it, and it worked ;)
05:41 dcook Not that I really want to use the parser most likely
05:41 dcook I think I'll fetch the records, output them as XML objects, store them in the DB (as per Galen's suggestion), then transform them into MARC21
05:55 dcook Too many tabs...
05:55 dcook Drowning in tabs...
06:05 dcook kathryn, bag: Apparently, Amazon images don't come up with https
06:05 dcook So that's probably why it's ok ;)
06:05 dcook Images or total security
06:06 dcook @later tell kathryn That site seems to be missing a few images. I get errors when I load up the search results in the OPAC
06:06 huginn` dcook: The operation succeeded.
06:08 dcook Hmm, looks like we do respect "from" and "until" in oai-pmh...hmm
06:31 * magnuse waves
06:32 dcook hey ya magnuse :)
06:35 magnuse hiya dcook
06:38 alex_a_ joined #koha
06:40 cait bbiab
06:42 dcook Eeeeeee!
06:42 dcook I've finally figured out how to get the metadata out as a string of XML!
06:42 mtj joined #koha
06:42 dcook hey ya mtj
06:42 magnuse is that the latest model from asus?
06:42 dcook :p
06:43 dcook Funny thing about asus...
06:43 magnuse kia ora mtj
06:43 dcook My 2010 Eeepc has a RAM slot
06:43 dcook My wife's 2012 Eeepc has the RAM soldered on :S
06:43 magnuse yuk
06:43 dcook I can't get RAM old enough for my machine, and I can't open hers up
06:44 magnuse good for them... nah, not really, in the long run
06:45 mtj joined #koha
06:45 magnuse dcook: you have seen bug 6536, right? looks like there is some overlap with your work regarding marc conversion
06:45 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6536 enhancement, P3, ---,, ASSIGNED , Z3950 Enhancements: SRU targets, MARC conversion, additional XSLT processing (umbrella report)
06:45 mtj heya dcook , magnuse
06:47 dcook magnuse: Yeah, I took a little look, but it doesn't look like Marcel has gotten very far with the XSLT/conversions
06:47 dcook mtj: I was wondering if you were still alive. Haven't seen you around in ages.
06:48 dcook magnuse: Plus, I'm starting to think the conversion won't be the toughest part
06:48 dcook Now...I'm starting to wonder how to harvest in an efficient way
06:48 * magnuse is curious
06:48 dcook It seems crazy to harvest the entire database every time you want to harvest new records
06:48 magnuse yeah, oai-pmh lets you not do that
06:49 dcook How's that?
06:49 magnuse you can ask for records that changed since a given time
06:49 magnuse let me see if i can find something about it
06:49 dcook Yeah, I was wondering about that
06:49 dcook "from" and "until"?
06:49 magnuse yeah, something like that
06:49 dcook I suppose I wonder about the reliability of that
06:50 magnuse there you go:[…]estamps​ol.html#SelectiveHarvestingandDatestamps
06:50 dcook I'm going to look at how Koha forms its datestamp for OAI-PMH
06:50 magnuse oops double paste
06:50 magnuse[…]tingandDatestamps
06:50 dcook Mmmm
06:50 magnuse "Harvesters may use datestamps to harvest only those records that were created, deleted, or modified within a specified date range. To specify datestamp-based selective harvesting, datestamps are included as values of the optional arguments, from and until, in the ListRecords and ListIdentifiers requests."
06:50 dcook That should work
06:51 mtj dcook, yep - still here!, but have not been chatting on irc much lately
06:51 magnuse "Repositories must support selective harvesting with the from and until arguments expressed at day granularity. Optional support for seconds granularity is indicated in the response to the Identify request."
06:51 dcook magnuse++
06:51 dcook Oh...seconds, eh?
06:51 dcook Oh right, that's there too
06:51 bigbrovar joined #koha
06:51 dcook I guess I would pass the latest datestamp on record to the function each time it runs
06:52 dcook Or not even that..
06:52 wahanui hmmm... not even that is cold :)
06:52 dcook No, probably that..
06:52 dcook wahanui: wahanui is a strange duck
06:52 wahanui ...but wahanui is a bot|a repository of important and useful and accurate information or at least partially slow.|a little bit creepy.|right sometimes...
06:52 christophe_c joined #koha
06:52 dcook wahanui: wahanui is also a strange duck
06:52 wahanui okay, dcook.
06:52 dcook wahanui?
06:52 wahanui dcook?
06:52 dcook wahanui?
06:52 wahanui dcook?
06:52 christophe_c hello #koha
06:52 * dcook scowls
06:52 dcook salut christophe_c :)
06:52 magnuse lol
06:52 magnuse bonjour christophe_c
06:52 magnuse @wunder marseille
06:52 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Realtor, CABRIES, France is 19.1°C (8:52 AM CEST on August 01, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 39%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Steady).
06:53 magnuse @wunder boo
06:53 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 12.0°C (8:20 AM CEST on August 01, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 29.83 in 1010 hPa (Rising).
06:53 magnuse :-)
06:53 christophe_c bonjour magnuse dcook ;-)
06:53 dcook magnuse: I've successfully harvested oai_dc records from Koha :)
06:53 dcook So I guess the next step is...
06:53 dcook Maybe start with the database work
06:53 dcook I'm going to look at Marcel's bug again
06:53 dcook I don't think its related though
06:54 dcook Oh wait...right..
06:54 magnuse i was just thinking of the "transform marc" part of 6536
06:54 dcook I see what you're saying
06:54 dcook Yeah, I wonder what Marcel has in mind
06:55 dcook I suppose storing MARC21 and UNIMARC in the import_records table
06:55 dcook So perhaps I could store my oai_dc in there too
06:55 dcook If the transformation happens on import..
06:55 dcook I suppose my timing is rather bad with all of this :p
06:56 lds joined #koha
06:56 magnuse nah, just have a chat with marcel and make sure you are not duplicating your efforts :-)
06:56 dcook I'll probably want feedback from Galen too as he works on making Koha more metadata independent
06:57 dcook Well, it's nearly 5 anyway
06:57 dcook 4:57pm
06:57 dcook One more day until beer o'clock...
06:59 magnuse :-)
06:59 magnuse friday?
06:59 wahanui friday is pizzaday!
06:59 magnuse yay!
07:04 dcook Mmm pizza
07:04 dcook I can't remember the last time I had pizza..
07:05 magnuse oh noes?!?
07:06 sophie_m1 joined #koha
07:07 magnuse bonjour sophie_m1
07:13 magnuse danielg++ for the newsletter
07:13 magnuse srdjan++ for signing off bug 9916
07:13 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9916 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Use DataTables in the OPAC
07:15 dcook papa++
07:15 dcook Srdjan has been on fire lately
07:15 papa yep, that's me :)
07:16 papa although I cannot really match Kyle
07:16 magnuse ah papa++ then :-)
07:17 magnuse ooh, look: a clean slate:
07:17 kf joined #koha
07:17 kf hi #koha
07:27 kf GBSD made it to the evergreen mailing list :)
07:27 kf which means we shoudl do another one sometime :)
07:27 kf well.... i interpret it like that
07:30 magnuse yeah, i was just thinking the same thing
07:30 kf god morgen magnuse :)
07:30 magnuse guten morgen kf
07:31 magnuse got a link for the eg mailing list message?
07:36 dcook Time to go home :(
07:36 dcook Wait, that's supposed to be :)
07:36 dcook It's :( because you folks just arrived!
07:36 dcook Don't want to go already..
07:36 dcook night all!
07:36 wahanui goodnight dcook. You'll be back.
07:39 kf poor dcook
07:40 kf always missing out on all the fun the europeans have :)
07:40 kf magnuse: sorry no - i just get the digest
07:40 kf oh or maybe
07:41 kf http://libmail.georgialibrarie[…]9f/attachment.htm
07:43 magnuse yay
07:43 magnuse kf++
07:43 magnuse so yeah, let's set a date
07:44 kf :)
07:44 magnuse does biblibre still have community days/half days?
07:44 kf not sure
07:44 kf i think it's vacation time in france
07:49 magnuse yeah, probably
07:49 magnuse but should we let that stop us? ;-)
07:50 kf nope
07:55 magnuse so... day of the week? friday?
07:58 gerundio joined #koha
07:58 kf ok for me
08:00 magnuse so... which friday? not tomorrow.
08:01 magnuse next friday would be august 9th
08:01 magnuse works for me
08:06 kf we have irc meeting on 7th i think
08:07 kf so can advertise there :)
08:07 magnuse true
08:07 magnuse that's settled then?
08:09 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:09 gaetan_B hello
08:17 magnuse bonjour gaetan_B
08:18 gaetan_B bonjour magnuse, ça va ?
08:19 kf magnuse: no vetos :)
08:20 magnuse gaetan_B: all good
08:20 magnuse next gbsd is friday august 9th
08:21 magnuse next gbsd?
08:21 wahanui i heard next gbsd was[…]bug_squashing_day
08:21 magnuse wahanui: forget next gbsd
08:21 wahanui magnuse: I forgot next gbsd
08:21 magnuse next gbsd?
08:21 magnuse next gbsd is friday august 9th
08:21 magnuse next gbsd?
08:21 wahanui rumour has it next gbsd is friday august 9th
08:50 kf yay :)
09:45 rangi evening
09:46 liw hi, rangi
09:48 kf hi rangi and liw
10:24 magnus_away joined #koha
10:39 * magnuse waves again, after a bip outage
10:42 NateC joined #koha
10:42 bigbrovar am having problems getting matching rules in stage marc for import tool to work with koha 3.12 (debian squeeze packages) .. I was sure to do a koha-rebuild-zebra -f  -v instance before doing the marc import.. yet koha found 0 marc for the ISSN rule even though a manual search of issn included in the marc file to be imported displayed results.
10:43 bigbrovar I did encounter this problem too a while back.. and it took a while before it started working.. thing is I don't even know what I did differently then (just the same thing I had always done)
10:44 bigbrovar I am thinking maybe if I run this koha-rebuild-zebra -f - --usmarc -v instance instead of koha-rebuild-zebra -f -v instance
11:18 jwagner joined #koha
11:24 kf wizzyrea++ # for suggesting to add blue berries to the fennel salad
11:26 oleonard joined #koha
11:26 bigbrovar joined #koha
11:31 oleonard Hi #koha
11:32 nengard joined #koha
11:33 oleonard Oh no, we're losing our newsletter editor (and Samuel Merritt University I guess)
11:35 jcamins I noticed that.
11:38 magnuse huh? no more koha?
11:39 oleonard No more Koha at Samuel Merritt University
11:39 jcamins magnuse: yep, in the newsletter Daniel says that Samuel Merritt is dropping Koha next year.
11:39 oleonard It would be instructive to know why
11:39 magnuse ouch!
11:41 magnuse (guess i forgot to actually read the newsletter...)
11:41 oleonard I always read the newsletter to find out what fashions the Koha celebs are wearing this season
11:42 bigbrovar joined #koha
11:45 tcohen joined #koha
11:47 magnuse oleonard: lol
11:55 oleonard I don't understand  Bug 10656... My shelving locations are correctly sorted by description. The SQL in GetAuthorisedValues says "ORDER BY category, lib, lib_opac"
11:55 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10656 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , shelving locations not alpha on search
11:55 oleonard I wonder if in those examples lib is different than lib_opac, causing weird sorting?
11:56 oleonard Since GetAuthorisedValues gets an $opac parameter I guess we could change the sort based on that
11:57 tcohen morning kf
11:58 oleonard nengard: Could you check the authorized values for the examples you posted on Bug 10656?
11:58 nengard checking
11:58 tcohen who's working on bug 10663?
11:58 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10663 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Holds never block renewals
12:00 nengard oleonard, on the one there is a space in the label! :)
12:00 nengard checking another
12:01 bigbrovar joined #koha
12:02 nengard the other one has codes in the description and friendly text in the lib_opac
12:02 nengard soooo ....
12:02 kf tcohen: kind of me.... but not really right now
12:02 nengard shouldn't the opac sort by lib_opac?
12:02 nengard instead of description
12:02 nengard or lib
12:02 kf tcohen: i could provide you with a couple of unit tests i wrote... until i reached the conclusion in the last comment
12:03 oleonard nengard: I would say in the opac it should sort by lib_opac. I just wanted to confirm that that was what was causing your particular sort issue.
12:03 nengard cool
12:03 nengard will update the bug
12:04 kf tcohen: and sorry - in a meeting in a minute
12:04 tcohen good luck kf
12:05 magnuse have fun kf
12:08 kf thx
12:22 edveal joined #koha
12:28 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:28 bigbrovar joined #koha
12:46 drnoe joined #koha
12:58 bigbrovar_ joined #koha
12:58 tcohen joined #koha
13:08 collum joined #koha
13:21 clrh joined #koha
13:21 senator joined #koha
13:21 Callender joined #koha
13:21 gmcharlt joined #koha
13:21 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:21 nengard joined #koha
13:21 tcohen joined #koha
13:21 bigbrovar_ joined #koha
13:21 oleonard joined #koha
13:21 jwagner joined #koha
13:21 NateC joined #koha
13:21 christophe_c joined #koha
13:21 blou joined #koha
13:21 JesseM joined #koha
13:21 ibeardslee joined #koha
13:21 BigRig joined #koha
13:21 jcamins joined #koha
13:21 phasefx joined #koha
13:21 bag joined #koha
13:21 chris_n joined #koha
13:21 druthb joined #koha
13:21 pastebot joined #koha
13:23 kf back
13:24 oleonard We're all back!
13:24 * oleonard enjoyed the ride
13:24 Dyrcona Yeah, looks like had a little hiccup.
13:25 rambutan joined #koha
13:25 * druthb gets out the velcro
13:31 oleonard We're probably overloading OFTC by talking too much.
13:31 bigbrovar__ joined #koha
13:31 druthb :P
13:33 bigbrovar joined #koha
13:42 maximep joined #koha
13:42 rambutan joined #koha
13:42 pastebot joined #koha
13:42 druthb joined #koha
13:42 chris_n joined #koha
13:42 bag joined #koha
13:42 phasefx joined #koha
13:42 jcamins joined #koha
13:42 BigRig joined #koha
13:42 ibeardslee joined #koha
13:42 JesseM joined #koha
13:42 blou joined #koha
13:42 christophe_c joined #koha
13:42 NateC joined #koha
13:42 jwagner joined #koha
13:42 oleonard joined #koha
13:42 tcohen joined #koha
13:42 nengard joined #koha
13:42 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:42 gmcharlt joined #koha
13:42 Callender joined #koha
13:42 senator joined #koha
13:42 clrh joined #koha
13:42 magnuse joined #koha
13:42 gerundio joined #koha
13:42 sophie_m1 joined #koha
13:42 mtj joined #koha
13:42 alex_a_ joined #koha
13:42 laurence joined #koha
13:42 BobB joined #koha
13:42 Irma joined #koha
13:42 aquaman joined #koha
13:42 bshum joined #koha
13:42 khall joined #koha
13:42 sijobl joined #koha
13:42 MaxSayre joined #koha
13:42 kathryn joined #koha
13:42 janPasi joined #koha
13:42 moodaepo joined #koha
13:42 wahanui joined #koha
13:42 matts joined #koha
13:42 cjh joined #koha
13:42 csharp joined #koha
13:42 fredy joined #koha
13:42 Joubu joined #koha
13:42 fredericd joined #koha
13:42 jajm joined #koha
13:42 trea joined #koha
13:42 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:42 corsair__ joined #koha
13:42 alohalog` joined #koha
13:42 rangi joined #koha
13:42 slef joined #koha
13:42 thd-away joined #koha
13:42 huginn` joined #koha
13:43 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the Koha IRC channel. The next general meeting is 7 August 2013 at 02:00 UTC. Please use for long pastes
13:45 cwust joined #koha
13:46 cwust hellow every one!
13:48 bigbrovar joined #koha
13:48 kf hi cwust
13:48 cwust Hi kf
13:49 cwust I have problem whit koha
13:49 cwust can you help me?
13:50 kf it depends on the question
13:53 cwust ok, When I edit a partner I have a message "You don't have permisson for do it"
13:55 nengard left #koha
13:56 cwust and my user setting is: catalogue and borrowers (Add or modify borrowers)
13:57 jcamins Do you have IndependantBranches turned on? If you have IndependantBranches turned on and the patron is from a different library, you won't be able to edit it.
13:57 cwust but the change is done
13:58 jcamins Oh. So it's just an incorrect error message display.
13:58 jcamins What version?
13:58 wahanui hmmm... version is always noted in a comment on top
13:58 cwust 3.12.03
13:58 mcooper joined #koha
14:01 cwust I can editing the atributes if I click in each link edit
14:01 cwust but not in the button edit
14:01 ebegin joined #koha
14:02 jcamins Hm. It works for me, so it must be a configuration.
14:02 jcamins I'm out of ideas, sorry.
14:02 jcamins Someone else might have some suggestions.
14:02 cwust what can I do for solved this problem?
14:03 jcamins The first thing I'd do is see if there is a problem for superlibrarian users.
14:03 cwust One more thing
14:04 jcamins Then I'd either e-mail the list or look through the manual to see if there are any system preferences that could cause the behavior you're seeing.
14:05 cwust The edit button works for the user superlibrarian
14:05 jcamins Okay, that is a good clue. I would suspect that there is probably a system preference to disable editing other branches' patrons, but I don't know what it is.
14:06 ebegin joined #koha
14:06 cwust and don't work  when restrict the permission
14:08 cwust Ok, Bueno, gracias por la ayuda sigo con las pruebas
14:08 cwust sorry
14:08 cwust thanks for the help with testing still
14:14 tcohen joined #koha
14:22 rambutan That's the reality of "overseas" I think. In Thailand, they have 1-4 "busboys" to clean the tables. Very helpful service.  Reflects the cost of labor presumably.
14:22 talljoy joined #koha
14:22 rambutan to clean tables in McDonalds, I should have said
14:23 jcamins I suspect the abbreviation may mean something else in this context.
14:36 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the Koha IRC channel. The next general meeting is 7 August 2013 at 02:00 UTC. Please use for long pastes
14:43 bigbrovar joined #koha
14:43 aquaman joined #koha
14:43 trea joined #koha
14:43 wizzyrea joined #koha
14:47 tcohen anyone from tamil?
14:51 kf tcohen: i think that's only fredericd
14:51 kf haven't seen him talking here in a while
14:52 tcohen thanks kf
14:53 bigbrovar joined #koha
14:55 bigbrovar joined #koha
14:56 edveal joined #koha
15:07 christophe_c left #koha
15:11 jenkins_koha Starting build #22 for job master_maria (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE)
15:15 jenkins_koha Starting build #1343 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1338 7 days 1 hr ago)
15:16 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10609: Use library name rather than code in <[…]42b2c1b272439b2b6> / Bug 10644: fix typos in test descriptions <[…]f7c67f7d0a01efc70> / Bug 10644: add unit tests for <[…]web/?p=koha.git;a
15:35 nengard joined #koha
15:37 oleonard jcamins: Around? I'm looking at Bug 10404
15:37 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10404 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Add previous/next browsing to staff client search results
15:37 jcamins oleonard: great!
15:37 jcamins And, yes, for another hour or so.
15:37 jcamins Thoughts?
15:37 oleonard It looks good and works well. I've got a couple of questions about the implementation
15:38 jcamins Hooray! I've also asked some folks with Windows to test it on every browser they can find.
15:38 jcamins What questions?
15:38 oleonard I would have put browser.js in intranet-tmpl/js rather than intranet-tmpl/lib/koha because in the past lib has been the place for 3rd-party libraries
15:39 jcamins We can certainly do that.
15:39 jcamins I didn't see a js directory, so I put it in the lib directory.
15:39 oleonard Not sure if that distinction is useful going forward, it's just they way I've understood it.
15:39 oleonard Yeah we don't have one yet outside the theme directory
15:41 oleonard There is some commented-out code in, [% dumper.dump(SEARCH_RESULTS) %]
15:41 oleonard Is that useful?
15:41 jcamins No.
15:41 jcamins I can remove that.
15:41 oleonard I haven't looked at the code carefully yet. What is that JavaScript doing on the results page?
15:41 jcamins It is recording the search results.
15:42 jcamins The paging is done 98% client-side.
15:44 oleonard Would it be hard to add a title attribute to the "previous" and "next" links with the corresponding titles?
15:44 jcamins Yes.
15:44 oleonard :(
15:44 jcamins That would fail on any browser other than Chrome.
15:46 jcamins If I were to use localstorage instead of cookies, that would work, but it would also reduce compatibility.
15:46 oleonard Well it's certainly not a deal-breaker.
15:46 jcamins
15:46 JoeLib001 joined #koha
15:46 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #22: STILL UNSTABLE in 35 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/master_maria/22/
15:46 jenkins_koha * Kenza Zaki: Bug 10644: add unit tests for
15:46 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 10644: fix typos in test descriptions
15:47 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10644 normal, P5 - low, ---, kenza.zaki, Pushed to Master , needs unit tests
15:47 jenkins_koha Starting build #23 for job master_maria (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE)
15:47 JoeLib001 Hello. :-)
15:47 pianohacker joined #koha
15:48 oleonard Hi JoeLib001
15:48 JoeLib001 Is there a way I can map an aquisition for orders field to the marc record?
15:49 JoeLib001 I am specifically talking about the Koha Link field in the MARC Structure / Advanced Contraints section.
15:51 JoeLib001 I would be wanting to link the aqorders.budget_id field to a specific 900 field / subfield.
15:51 jcamins JoeLib001: I don't think so, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
15:51 JoeLib001 :-)
15:52 JoeLib001 I was afraid that was the anser. XD
15:52 JoeLib001 *answer
16:02 melia joined #koha
16:05 oleonard jcamins: Have you ever worked with a JavaScript template system?
16:05 jcamins oleonard: what do you mean?
16:05 oleonard moustache, handlebars, etc.
16:05 jcamins Ah.
16:05 jcamins Yes.
16:05 jcamins I'm using handlebars.
16:06 jcamins I like it.
16:06 jcamins I started with mustache, but I didn't like it so much.
16:06 jcamins I found it a little over-magical.
16:06 oleonard I have not, but I often wonder if Koha would benefit from something like it
16:06 oleonard Looking at browser.js made me think of it
16:06 bigbrovar I can't seem to get issn matching rule to work using marc stage import.. it keeps telling me 0 match found even though the issn exist in the records and can be searched from opac and staff client
16:06 jcamins oleonard:[…]tree/master/views
16:07 bigbrovar am using the debian squeeze packages for koha 3.12
16:08 jcamins bigbrovar: you're trying to match against records already in the database, right?
16:08 bigbrovar jcamins: yes so that I can add items to the records
16:08 jcamins oleonard: I quite like handlebars, but I'm not sure how much it would help in Koha.
16:08 jcamins bigbrovar: darn. That would've been an easy solution.
16:08 bigbrovar using issn as a match
16:09 oleonard jcamins: I don't understand it well enough to know
16:09 bigbrovar jcamins: :) but so far koha keeps telling me 0 match using the issn rule..
16:10 jcamins oleonard: the problem as I see it would be breaking the templates up enough that we could make use of partials for client-side rendering.
16:11 bigbrovar from my little experience with the marc stage upload tool.. the matching rule is a 50%.. I had similar issues with isbn rules before it started working (didn't even do anything differently) and then when it worked.. I had to import in batches cus it only did part of the first batch and ignored the rest when it should have done a match of all the items..
16:12 bigbrovar maybe I should do a koha-rebuild-zebra -f --u usmarc -v instance instead of a koha-rebuild-zebra -f -v instance ?
16:13 jcamins bigbrovar: that is very unlikely to fix it.
16:13 jcamins However, you can try (but disable the incremental cronjob!).
16:14 bigbrovar jcamins: incremental cronjob?
16:14 jcamins bigbrovar: right, because it uses xml.
16:14 JoeLib001 Would one just be able to add aqorders to the kohafield tables in the /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/a​dmin/
16:15 bigbrovar jcamins: have u ever had issues with the matching rule before? any advise/idea how I can troubleshoot or what I could be doing wrong?
16:17 mcooper joined #koha
16:18 jcamins JoeLib001: I suspect it would just result in a mess, but I could be wrong.
16:18 jcamins bigbrovar: when the matching rules have failed for me, it's because I had a bad rule.
16:20 bigbrovar jcamins: am using the default rule.. maybe I should check it if anything is amiss
16:20 kf JoeLib001: what are you trying to achieve?
16:20 jcamins I've never used the built-in rule, so it could be that it doesn't work. Perhaps someone else can shed light on that.
16:21 kf bigbrovar: could it be something like hyphens/no hyphens in your isbn?
16:21 kf i haven't read all so i might be totally off
16:21 jcamins oleonard: the searches are rendered client-side, particularly if you click the knowledge trail maps on the right.
16:22 oleonard Very cool jcamins
16:22 mcooper_ joined #koha
16:22 jcamins But achieving similar results with Koha would require a lot of template restructuring.
16:23 JoeLib001 kf: I am trying to link a marc subfield to a koha aqorders field. That way I don't have to type something that Koha already knows about.
16:23 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #23: STILL UNSTABLE in 36 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/master_maria/23/
16:23 jenkins_koha Owen Leonard: Bug 10609: Use library name rather than code in
16:23 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10609 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Use branch name rather than branch code in
16:23 kf JoeLib001: first question? ;)
16:24 kf first question?
16:24 wahanui "What are you trying to do?" or "What is the goal?"
16:24 JoeLib001 kf: I thought I had successfully convinced our cataloger that they didn't need a random 945 line with certain information, but alas. :-)
16:24 kf ah catalogers...
16:24 kf well the information is in acq... so why store it again in the marc record?
16:24 JoeLib001 kf: That was my first suggestion. XD
16:25 kf I was wondering about the use case/workflow
16:25 kf the problem is such linking wouldn't work at all for some libraries like ours
16:25 kf we are updating the data nightly from a union catalog... so those data would be overwritten all the time
16:25 kf so it's nothing we ever looked into
16:25 JoeLib001 kf: We are currently only using Koha for Journals and Acquisitions. The books get cataloged on a different system, but they import my records from Koha. XD
16:26 kf ah
16:26 kf hm ok, that makes sense...
16:27 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1343: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 12 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1343/
16:27 jenkins_koha * Kenza Zaki: Bug 10644: add unit tests for
16:27 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 10644: fix typos in test descriptions
16:27 JoeLib001 kf: I think the main issue is that they don't want to give up a system that has been setup for the last 50 years ....
16:27 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 10609: Use library name rather than code in
16:27 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10644 normal, P5 - low, ---, kenza.zaki, Pushed to Master , needs unit tests
16:27 kf JoeLib001: hm what is the other system used for except for cataloguing?
16:27 kf opac?
16:27 wahanui i guess opac is for patrons
16:28 JoeLib001 kf: Yes.
16:28 kf hm
16:28 kf koha has a nice opac actually... :)
16:28 JoeLib001 kf: The other system is used for Cataloging/Circulation/Opac, etc.
16:29 JoeLib001 kf: Yeah, I have been hinting that we should just make the switch. I don't have enough people on my side though. XD
16:30 kf i see the problem, but i think it's currently not possible to do what they want
16:30 JoeLib001 kf: Well, that's what I want. They want me to enter the information manually. XD
16:31 jcamins JoeLib001: write a script to do it in a batch once a week?
16:31 JoeLib001 I doing a Koha install on a Virtual Machine and I am going to see, if I can't hack it into existence. xD
16:32 JoeLib001 jcamins: That might be a good alternative.
16:33 laurence left #koha
16:33 JoeLib001 Good luck. :-)
16:34 JoeLib001 The problem isn't with the Journals. It's with the records for books that I put into the Acquisitions system.
16:36 kf left #koha
17:16 gaetan_B bye!
17:43 melia joined #koha
17:50 bgkriegel_ joined #koha
18:01 cait joined #koha
18:05 rambutan joined #koha
18:09 sophie_m1 left #koha
18:32 drojf joined #koha
18:36 drojf good evening #koha
18:47 cait hi drojf
18:47 oleonard Hi cait and drojf
18:48 cait hi oleonard :)
18:48 drojf hi cait and oleonard
18:48 drojf what did i miss? i don't want to read the log, i bet it's confusing
18:48 cait heh
18:48 cait not much
18:49 drojf our newsletterman moves _away_ from koha? that's a weird direction that i only ever heard of in context of liblime ^^
18:50 cait I don't know details
18:50 cait i could imagine it was not his choice to make
18:54 nengard it wasn't his choice
18:54 oleonard Do you know some gossip nengard?
18:55 * nengard knows everything about koha ;) hehe
18:55 nengard all i can say is it wasn't his choice
18:55 drojf uh. they sponsored course reserves and hourly loans. woudln't now be the time to harvest the crops?
18:55 cait :(
18:55 cait that's really sad then
18:55 cait i didn't knwo they did
18:56 nengard they did do that
18:56 nengard and i do agree of course with you all
18:56 drojf i blame weird management choices
18:56 nengard you'd be safe in doing so :)
19:00 drojf nengard: i suppose you can't tell us what they are moving to?
19:00 * drojf is not a curious person ;)
19:00 nengard not my place
19:00 nengard sorry
19:01 drojf i thought so, had to ask anyway ;)
19:03 cait and there i thought only i was so curious... :)
19:03 nengard we're all curious
19:03 nengard it's our nature
19:04 cait makes a good geek? :)
19:04 drojf and kills cats
19:05 drojf the good news is, a cat cafe just opened in my part of berlin :D
19:06 cait ?
19:06 jcamins drojf: cat kebab?
19:06 drojf[…]in-neukoelln.html
19:07 drojf i guess it will turn into cat kebab once they are older ;)
19:43 jenkins_koha Starting build #344 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:43 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #344: SUCCESS in 10 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/344/
19:43 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: update images for framework subfields
20:01 * oleonard is being a busy-body to everyone's patches today
20:01 nengard left #koha
20:01 rangi excellent
20:03 cait morning rangi
20:03 cait oleonard++ :)
20:06 oleonard I'm so used to correcting merge errors in patches with database updates that when I don't get them I forget to run the database update.
20:07 cait lol
20:07 rangi heh
20:11 rangi ah ha
20:11 rangi it becomes clear
20:11 rangi check the latest message to the list
20:11 jcamins Heh.
20:12 rangi we have dueling dvd's
20:12 rangi and it appears the important thing is to be recognised, not do security updates
20:12 rangi this other guy is winning in my book
20:12 rangi one sends a mail about not being on the about page
20:12 * jcamins pictures two DVDs rolling back 10 paces.
20:13 rangi the other one updates the security release
20:13 rangi i know which one id pick
20:13 * cait nods
20:19 tcohen joined #koha
20:36 bgkriegel joined #koha
20:50 drojf good night #koha
20:55 magnuse JoeLib001: [off] keeps thing out of the logs :-)
20:57 JoeLib001 That is awesome. :-)
20:58 magnuse logs?
20:58 wahanui logs is
21:03 maximep left #koha
21:59 rangi
22:05 pianohacker joined #koha
22:16 cait left #koha
22:36 pianohacker joined #koha
22:36 bgkriegel joined #koha
22:36 ebegin joined #koha
22:36 clrh joined #koha
22:36 senator joined #koha
22:36 Callender joined #koha
22:36 gmcharlt joined #koha
22:36 blou joined #koha
22:36 JesseM_away joined #koha
22:36 ibeardslee joined #koha
22:36 BigRig joined #koha
22:36 jcamins joined #koha
22:36 phasefx joined #koha
22:36 bag joined #koha
22:36 chris_n joined #koha
22:36 druthb_away joined #koha
22:36 pastebot joined #koha
22:42 cjh joined #koha
23:09 papa joined #koha
23:09 NateC joined #koha
23:20 pianohacker Yo, #koha. A couple years ago, I snuck transparent messages into the new sysprefs editor (to display errors and "saved" notifications)
23:20 pianohacker Anyone have an opinion of them, positive or negative?
23:21 jcamins pianohacker: use FF if you're having trouble under Chrome.
23:21 jcamins Oh.
23:21 jcamins Different question.
23:21 jcamins I like them.
23:21 jcamins Other than the fact that they don't always work under Chrome.
23:22 pianohacker jcamins: Good to hear. I'll have to poke at that code while I'm using them, to see if I can fix that problem
23:22 pianohacker Do you have steps to reproduce?
23:22 jcamins I did, but did I report a bug? That's the big question.
23:23 jcamins Apparently not.
23:23 jcamins Drat.
23:24 wizzyrea I like them, I think
23:24 pianohacker Hold on, let me check my notes. The big green button makes rangi say "write a unit test!", where's the other one...
23:24 pianohacker ah!
23:24 jcamins It has to do with the setTimeout for the fadeout getting out of sync.
23:24 * pianohacker presses the "<gmcharlt> file a bug" button
23:24 wizzyrea I don't like the "pasting doesn't always tell the entry box you've put stuff in" but again, there's probably not a bug for that.
23:24 wizzyrea be rangi
23:24 wahanui There's a bug for that
23:24 pianohacker hahahaha
23:24 wizzyrea be rangi
23:24 wahanui Send a patch!
23:24 wizzyrea there it is
23:25 jcamins wizzyrea: that's separate, I think.
23:25 pianohacker jcamins: interesting. Out of sync how?
23:26 jcamins pianohacker: it won't hide, but then when you click save again, it'll hide the new one immediately after it displays.
23:26 pianohacker ah, yeah, that's definitely a bug
23:31 wizzyrea ymca?
23:31 wahanui \ ^o^ /o/ /o\
23:32 pianohacker jcamins: bug 10673
23:32 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10673 minor, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, NEW , Message hide timeout can go out of sync in
23:33 pianohacker wizzyrea: bug 10674
23:33 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10674 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, NEW , System preferences not marked as modified after paste
23:33 wizzyrea aww yay!
23:33 jcamins pianohacker: if I figure out what I did to reproduce it I'll put it on the bug.
23:33 pianohacker jcamins: Cool, thanks
23:33 pianohacker I want to get those fixed at some point, but it may not be soon, so I wanted a record of them :)
23:34 wizzyrea \o/
23:36 dcook joined #koha
23:37 dcook morning #Koha
23:40 BobB morning dcook
23:41 dcook Hey BobB
23:41 BobB :)
23:41 dcook How goes your Friday morning?
23:42 BobB pretty busy, still working on yesterday's list  :)
23:44 dcook I hear that.
23:48 dcook Just read the newsletter. Migrating away from Koha? :(
23:56 BobB LL customer
23:58 dcook Mmm

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary