IRC log for #koha, 2013-04-24

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 dcook I don't suppose there are any UNIMARC Koha users up at this ridiculously late hour? :)
00:02 jcamins MARC::Moose::Formatter::UnimarcToMarc21?
00:02 jcamins What a name!
00:02 wahanui a name is weird too?
00:03 dcook It sure is a mouthful
00:03 dcook I'm thinking it might work...
00:04 dcook I'm looking at a BibLibre sandbox and not noticing the 942/999 subfields I usually do in Koha
00:04 dcook They look like they're using the control field 001 for their bib number though :D
00:05 dcook Hmm the 090 too..
00:06 talljoy joined #koha
00:06 dcook I suppose if you have your Koha to MARC Mapping set up, you wouldn't need a 999
00:06 * dcook starts to wonder if a 999 thing is a stock Koha thing or a Prosentient thing
00:10 eythian it's stock
00:11 eythian 999$c and $d
00:11 dcook That's what I was thinking..
00:12 rangi dcook: you sure its not UNIMARC
00:12 dcook rangi: I know it's UNIMARC :P
00:12 dcook I'm just trying to wrap my head around how Koha and UNIMARC work together
00:13 dcook I'm looking at an old Koha 3.0-ish UNIMARC dataset which is...confusing
00:13 eythian welcome to *MARC*
00:13 dcook 990 instead of 942, 995 instead of 952
00:13 eythian (that's a glob not emphasis)
00:13 dcook 999a/999(9) instead of 999c/d for the bib/bibitemnumber
00:14 dcook eythian: hehe
00:14 dcook While the Koha to MARC mapping seems to work for populating MySQL fields from the MARC (I assume, haven't really checked)
00:15 dcook I'm trying to remember if there are hard-coded references to 942/952/999 in the Koha code
00:16 wizzyrea @later tell jcamins I bet these would be amazing cupcakes:[…]uinness-cupcakes/ - could be the koha official cupcake!
00:16 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.
00:23 dcook Hmm..
00:26 dcook A person could change where the bibnumber and biblionumber are stored by changing the Koha to MARC mappings, then running touch_all_biblios, yes?
00:28 dcook bibnumber EQ biblionumber, biblionumber EQ biblioitemnumber
00:30 dcook Hmm, perhaps not
00:32 dcook _koha_marc_update_bib_ids seems to use the same MARC you'd wind up with duplicated fields most likely..
00:39 jcamins wizzyrea: interesting.
00:39 wahanui hmmm... interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
00:39 jcamins I feel like a Guinness is the wrong beer for it, though.
00:40 jcamins I'd want to use a pumpkin stout or the like.
00:42 jcamins Something with a bit more character.
00:42 jcamins Or a chocolate stout for double chocolate awesomeness.
00:43 jcamins Wow.
00:43 jcamins That's kind of impressive.
00:43 jcamins (M:M:F:UnimarcToMarc21)
00:47 dcook Mhm
00:47 dcook I think it's incomplete though..
00:48 dcook And I'm not 100% sure how it works...but seems pretty impressive to me
00:48 jcamins I'm sure it's incomplete. The correspondence between the two formats is very weak.
00:53 dcook Agreed. RDA is no help there. I'm sure Unimarc has other factors pulling it even farther away as well
01:38 dcook Hmm...database is mostly Unimarc but has some Marc21 in it..
01:38 dcook That's...special.
02:15 mtompset joined #koha
02:15 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
02:16 dcook hey ya, mtompset
02:16 mtompset Greetings, dcook.
02:35 edveal joined #koha
02:56 * dcook realizes now there is a reason why people don't readily convert UNIMARC to MARC21
02:57 dcook As jcamins mentioned, the correspondence is oh so very weak
02:57 dcook It's like taking two Rubik's cubes and trying to switch the stickers. Chances are it's going to be a mess...
02:58 * wizzyrea doesn't get it
02:58 wizzyrea if you're going to go to the effort of taking the stickers off... why wouldn't you put them back in their finished state?
02:58 wizzyrea on the other cube.
02:58 cjh wizzyrea++
02:58 cjh asking the important questions.
02:59 wizzyrea also making myself laugh.
03:00 wizzyrea dcook: mind you i'm not nullifying the essence of your complaint
03:00 dcook hehe
03:00 dcook I didn't think you were
03:01 dcook That's what I'm trying to do, but the stickers aren't sticky after you take them off the first cube
03:01 cjh oooohhhh
03:01 wizzyrea nothing a little spray adhesive can't cure!
03:01 wizzyrea ^.^
03:01 dcook hehe
03:01 dcook That's where the PHP comes in
03:02 dcook Not pretty either :p
03:02 cjh that would end well, a permanently solved cube :)
03:02 wizzyrea rather, to use a kansas colloquialism, there's nothing brute force and ignorance can't achieve.
03:02 rgbv joined #koha
03:02 cjh wizzyrea: kansas city motto?
03:02 * cjh ducks
03:02 wizzyrea no actually
03:02 wizzyrea but
03:02 wizzyrea the state motto *is*
03:02 wizzyrea Ad Astra per Aspera
03:02 wizzyrea or
03:03 wizzyrea "To the stars, through difficulty"
03:03 cjh heh
03:03 wizzyrea doing it the hard way, every kansan's birthright.
03:03 dcook hehe
03:03 dcook Brute force and ignorance...that's what it could certainly turn into
03:03 wizzyrea and if brute force and ignorance don't do it, then you get out the duct tape and baling wire.
03:03 dcook Although...I have to say that the Library of Congress's spec on converting UNIMARC to MARC21 is top-notch
03:04 dcook baling wire?
03:04 dcook You don't use twine there?
03:04 cjh wizzyrea: wd40, surely
03:04 wizzyrea I'm sure you could use either
03:04 wizzyrea wd40 doesn't hurt either.
03:04 wizzyrea but only if the bolts are stuck.
03:05 * dcook thinks bolts are indicators and wd40 is...
03:05 dcook Darned metaphors..
03:08 dcook Did I say LoC's spec was top-notch?
03:08 trea hey edveal can you check something
03:08 dcook I meant extraordinarily complicated and difficult to follow
03:08 edveal tree sure can
03:13 * dcook plots
03:13 dcook Actually, maybe this isn't that bad
03:14 dcook The "major" fields map over quite easily...besides punctuation, but you can always do punctuation after...
03:14 * dcook has been thinking about creating a "AACR2 punctuation" script, so could always do a "whatever descriptive scheme punctuation Unimarc uses" script...
03:15 dcook Yes, I have an English BA...can you tell?
03:56 rgbv I've got a bunch of analytic records for articles that I've added, but I want them to be sortable by publication date that in 045$a and 773$g, anyone got any ideas about how to achieve this?
04:03 druthb o/
04:14 cait joined #koha
04:24 cait morning #koha
04:25 eythian hello cait
04:25 wahanui hello cait are you here?
04:25 eythian wahanui: around the world is <reply>Around the world.
04:25 wahanui OK, eythian.
04:26 * eythian teaches wahanui daft punk songs
04:26 mtompset around the world?
04:26 wahanui Around the world.
04:26 * wizzyrea waits for him to do harder faster better stronger
04:27 wizzyrea
04:27 wizzyrea because I know you needed this
04:29 trea heh
04:29 mtompset Have a great day (24 hour period), everyone.
04:29 wizzyrea later mtompset
04:31 eythian wizzyrea: already should do.
04:31 eythian work it
04:31 eythian work it?
04:31 wahanui make it
04:31 eythian do it?
04:31 wahanui makes us
04:31 eythian harder?
04:31 wahanui better
04:31 eythian faster?
04:31 wahanui stronger
04:31 wizzyrea oh that's awesome
04:31 cait :)
04:32 wizzyrea eythian++
04:34 eythian wahanui: applause
04:34 * wahanui takes a bow.
04:34 dcook eythian++
04:34 dcook wahanui++
04:34 dcook @karma wahanui
04:34 huginn dcook: Karma for "wahanui" has been increased 17 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 17.
04:35 eythian wahanui: status
04:35 wahanui Since Fri Mar 22 01:54:09 2013, there have been 1142 modifications and 334 questions.  I have been awake for 33 days, 2 hours, 37 minutes, 8 seconds this session, and currently reference 28000 factoids. Addressing is in optional mode.
04:35 dcook Barely anything for such a hard working...entity
05:11 drojf joined #koha
05:12 jenkins_koha Starting build #97 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
05:35 drojf joined #koha
05:36 drojf rangi++ # more koha \o/
05:36 drojf also, good morning #koha
05:37 amitgupta_ joined #koha
05:37 amitgupta_ hi all
05:37 amitgupta_ hi all
05:38 amitgupta_ cait around?
05:43 * magnuse waves
05:45 drojf hei magnuse
05:45 amitgupta_ hi magnuse
05:50 magnuse hiya drojf and amitgupta_
05:54 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #97: SUCCESS in 42 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.10.x/97/
05:54 jenkins_koha D Ruth Bavousett: Language update for 3.10.5
05:54 jenkins_koha Starting build #302 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
06:12 sophie_m joined #koha
06:28 amitgupta_ joined #koha
06:33 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #302: SUCCESS in 38 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/302/
06:33 jenkins_koha D Ruth Bavousett: Language updates for 3.8.12
06:33 wizzyrea joined #koha
06:34 christophe_c joined #koha
06:34 christophe_c hello #koha
06:34 rangi hi christophe_c
06:34 christophe_c hello rangi
06:35 trea joined #koha
06:36 alex_a bonjour
06:36 rangi hi alex_a
06:36 alex_a hi rangi
06:45 mib_cgsqw4 joined #koha
06:45 alohabot Hi mib_cgsqw4, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
06:45 drojf has anymib ever followed the nick changing part?
06:46 mib_cgsqw4 hi, is there a risk if i don't create basket group for my baskets?
06:46 rangi a couple of people
06:47 reiveune joined #koha
06:48 reiveune hello
06:48 wahanui hey, reiveune
06:48 drojf hi rangi
06:49 drojf rangi: geeksphone finally opened the shop. and it crashed. and they closed it after a few hours because they were sold out :D
06:49 drojf i hope they remembered to send some phones to mozilla…
06:51 eythian Ours are apparently already at Mozilla somewhere.
06:51 drojf how do you know?
06:52 eythian I know someone at Mozilla :)
06:52 drojf ah. excellent :) my last update from mozilla was more confusing than anything
06:53 amitgupta_ joined #koha
06:53 eythian Yeah, they took longer to produce than expected I think.
06:55 rangi yay!
06:55 drojf yes. no problem at all, besides the non-existing information politics of geeksphone, which is not mozilla's fault. but my last mail from mozilla from first week of april said "about two weeks and we will have the phones first week of april" which did not make any sense :D
06:57 eythian heh
07:02 magnuse stop making sense!
07:04 magnuse eythian: any idea when you will do packages for 3.10.5?
07:04 eythian dpkg-source: info: building koha in koha_3.08.12-1.tar.gz
07:04 eythian sometime after that one :)
07:04 magnuse hehe, nice
07:06 * magnuse warns his customers about the upcoming upgrade
07:07 lds joined #koha
07:07 cjh \o/
07:07 magnuse \o/
07:13 mtj drojf, i secrectly consider alohabot's suggestion as a type of IQ test :p
07:14 francharb joined #koha
07:17 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:17 eythian magnuse: dpkg-source: info: building koha in koha_3.10.05-1.tar.gz
07:17 rangi yay!
07:17 gaetan_B hello
07:17 rangi hi gaetan_B
07:18 rangi and francharb
07:18 wahanui francharb falls asleep easily at sea.  Don't believe me?  Just ask Brooke.
07:18 francharb hi rangi !
07:18 gaetan_B hi :)
07:18 magnuse eythian: w00t! :-)
07:21 mtj rangi++ eythian++ !!
07:21 drojf mtj: lol
07:21 drojf eythian++ # packages \o/
07:25 kf joined #koha
07:25 huginn GERMS!!!!
07:25 wahanui germs is
07:25 kf heh
07:26 kf good morning #koha
07:26 eythian hi kf
07:26 eythian hey everybody, new packages published just now.
07:26 kf eythian++ :)
07:26 kf rangi++
07:27 dcook eythian++
07:27 rangi excellent
07:27 drojf w00t
07:27 rangi eythian: did you want to do a quick reply to my mail saying packages are updated?
07:28 eythian yeah sure
07:28 rangi thanks
07:29 eythian done
07:29 * eythian makes like a tree and gets outta here
07:32 rangi :)
07:32 rangi cya friday
07:35 magnuse eythian++
07:38 cjh eythian++ # awesome work on the packages
07:41 dcook hehe
07:41 dcook ta eythian
07:41 * dcook is half tempted to try out the new packages tonight...
07:41 jenkins_koha Starting build #98 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
07:47 dcook wizzyrea: The adhesive spray worked ;)
07:47 dcook Hmm
07:48 dcook Just a little bit more work on some mappings and some extra conditions...maybe some punctuation changes...and I'll have a "functional" UNIMARC -> MARC21 script
07:49 kf dcook: hm maybe take a look at marcel's sru work
07:49 kf there was a crosswalk from marc21 > unimarc and back made with xslt I think
07:49 * dcook perks up
07:49 dcook I'm intrigued
07:49 kf it worked pretty nicely for me, but there wree some problems with unimarc installations so it got stuck
07:49 dcook Although after slaving away for a little while, I think there are some tags which are almost impossible to migrate perfectly
07:50 kf bug 6536
07:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6536 enhancement, P3, ---,, ASSIGNED , Z3950 Enhancements: SRU targets, MARC conversion, additional XSLT processing
07:50 kf it's probably not very complete, but the idea is intriguing
07:50 kf I think he wanted to break it up into different patches when there is some time
07:52 dcook Hmm intriguing...thanks, kf :)
07:53 * magnuse wonders if we should have an official plugin repository, with a qa process etc
07:53 rangi bags not being in charge of that
07:53 magnuse hehe
07:53 rangi id be happier saying use these at your own risk
07:53 rangi in big letters
07:54 rangi and dont ask us if you have problems, ask the author of the plugin
07:54 magnuse yeah, that is another option :-)
07:54 magnuse good point
07:54 dcook Agreed with rangi
07:54 dcook I think that's usually how it's done, no?
07:55 dcook Plus, we already have quite a bit of work, no? ;)
07:55 * dcook looks at the bugs to be signed off
07:55 dcook Back up to 28? It was almost into the teens..
07:55 magnuse yeah, too much work to do...
07:55 * kf looks at the bugs to be QA'd
07:55 kf i think the question is
07:55 kf if some of the plugins would make sense as core features
07:55 kf and leave the plugins to really specific things
07:56 * magnuse hopes someone with unimarc knowledge will have some time to do sign offs soon...
07:56 amitgupta_ heya kf
07:56 rangi yeah im kinda stuck ive signed off about all i can but there are a ton of unimarc ones
07:56 magnuse rangi++
07:56 kf hm maybe mailing list?
07:56 dcook Hmm, good question about what Marcel has written here:
07:57 dcook Currently, there is no XSL that handles UNIMARC -> MARC21 or MARC21 -> UNIMARC conversions in Koha, right?
07:57 magnuse rangi: you could have a look at bug 9804 if yo uare bored ;-)
07:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9804 trivial, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Fix name for NORMARC biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml
07:57 dcook I assume BibLibre has their MARC21 -> UNIMARC XSLT in their repo
07:58 dcook rangi: I know what you mean. I've had a few chances over the past week or two to do some bug busting, but so many unimarc ones :/
07:58 dcook rangi++
07:58 dcook Awesome efforts though :D
07:58 kf extra cookies for someone making a list of problematic things that needs testing by a unimarcuser? :)
07:58 rangi ill have a look magnuse
07:59 drojf extra cookies for someone learning unimarc to test all the stuff ;)
08:00 rangi we should use more marc
08:00 wahanui http://02varvara.files.wordpre[…]no-bear.jpg?w=800
08:00 rangi thats my answer to that idea drojf
08:00 drojf :)
08:00 dcook hehe
08:00 drojf we need a "how about yes"-bear called marc
08:01 magnuse hehe
08:01 magnuse drojf: noooo...
08:03 dcook While I've found my 2 day experience with unimarc to be...interesting...I'm not sure I'd want to learn the whole encoding ;)
08:03 trea left #koha
08:05 rangi RDA
08:05 rangi RDA?
08:05 * wahanui huh, good god y'all, what is it good for, absolutely nothing
08:05 drojf lol
08:05 rangi my work here is done
08:05 wahanui i already had it that way, rangi.
08:06 kf :)
08:07 dcook lol
08:10 rangi i did training with 4 senior librarians yesterday, 2 of whom had been to RDA training, they had no idea what use it was either
08:10 cjh heh
08:10 magnuse hehe, that is good to hear ;-)
08:11 dcook I got training from an RDA instructor who pretty much just repeated whatever they had said if you asked them a question they couldn't answer
08:11 dcook We heard the same thing over and over again a lot...
08:11 dcook It'll be better! Be...because!
08:12 magnuse hehe
08:13 rangi there we go, that was an easy signoff
08:15 drojf rangi: if you are looking for a less easy signoff i could offer you bug 9972 ;)
08:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9972 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Needs Signoff , Add/ change some zebra indexes (MARC21) (GRS1+DOM)
08:17 * drojf leaves for non-koha work
08:17 drojf later
08:20 magnuse thanks rangi - not a very inetersting bug, but consistency is good, i guess :-)
08:23 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #98: SUCCESS in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.10.x/98/
08:23 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 7358: reaffect a closed basket to a closed basketgroup
08:23 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 9049: Don't use shadow with rebuild_zebra -r
08:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7358 normal, P3, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , : it is possible to affect a closed basket to a  closed basketgroup
08:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9049 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Stable , rebuild_zebra should not use shadow when called with -r
08:30 gerundio joined #koha
08:40 paul_p joined #koha
08:41 jenkins_koha Starting build #99 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
09:20 rangi magnuse: would you like bug 9213 in 3.10.x ?
09:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9213 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , Implement analytics for NORMARC XSLT
09:21 magnuse rangi: sure, if it applies
09:22 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #99: SUCCESS in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.10.x/99/
09:22 jenkins_koha * Adrien Saurat: Bug 9330: title field empty when duplicating a patron
09:22 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 9556: fix setting messaging prefs when changing patron category
09:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9330 trivial, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Stable , Patron duplication : should duplicate with empty title (salutation field)
09:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9556 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Stable , Changing patron category does not fully update patron messaging preferences
09:23 jenkins_koha Starting build #100 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
09:25 rangi there we go
09:26 amitgupta_ joined #koha
09:33 amitgupta_ bug 10013
09:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10013 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, amit.gupta, Needs Signoff , Ability to link directly from an item in the Staff client to budget information.
09:35 magnuse thanks rangi
09:43 rangi *sigh*
10:01 amitgupta_ joined #koha
10:03 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #100: SUCCESS in 40 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_3.10.x/100/
10:03 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9392: confirmation does not appear for negative notforloan items issues
10:03 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 5790 - Prevent deletion of records with holds
10:03 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 5790 - Prevent deletion of records with holds - QA Followup
10:03 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9608 - White background on header on check in
10:03 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 9555: Another template contains single quotes in a js string
10:03 jenkins_koha * Robin Sheat: Bug 9035 - delete
10:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9392 major, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , confirmation does not appear for negative notforloan items issues
10:03 jenkins_koha * Julian Maurice: Bug 9019: Return item fields in ILS-DI GetRecords
10:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5790 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , Deleting a biblio should alert/fail if there are existent holds
10:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9608 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , white background on header on check in
10:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9555 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Template files contain single quote strings
10:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9035 trivial, P5 - low, ---, robin, Pushed to Stable , remove deprecated '' file
10:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9019 minor, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Stable , ILS-DI: GetRecords should return item fields in marcxml
10:03 jenkins_koha Starting build #303 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
10:19 amitgupta_ joined #koha
10:39 francharb` joined #koha
10:41 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #303: SUCCESS in 37 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/303/
10:41 jenkins_koha Julian Maurice: Bug 9019: Return item fields in ILS-DI GetRecords
10:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9019 minor, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Stable , ILS-DI: GetRecords should return item fields in marcxml
10:41 jenkins_koha Starting build #101 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
10:46 amitgupta_ joined #koha
10:48 drojf joined #koha
11:23 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #101: SUCCESS in 42 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_3.10.x/101/
11:23 jenkins_koha * Magnus Enger: Bug 9213 - Implement analytics for NORMARC XSLT
11:23 jenkins_koha * Adrien Saurat: Bug 7241: circulation action logs record biblionumber instead of item number
11:23 jenkins_koha * Adrien Saurat: Bug 7241 follow-up: DB changes
11:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9213 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Stable , Implement analytics for NORMARC XSLT
11:23 jenkins_koha * Adrien Saurat: Bug 7241, follow-up: viewlog link for circulation
11:23 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9759: last subfield can be deleted
11:23 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9720 : uninitialized value warnings in circulation
11:23 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9720 : uninitialized value warnings in circulation (followup 1)
11:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7241 normal, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Stable , circulation action logs record biblionumber instead of item number
11:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9759 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , last subfield can be deleted
11:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9720 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , uninitialized value warnings in circulation
11:28 NateC joined #koha
11:35 jwagner joined #koha
11:43 so_nia joined #koha
11:44 amitgupta_ heya NateC
11:45 NateC Hiya amitgupta_
12:11 kf hi matts
12:11 matts hi !
12:11 kf :)
12:14 amitgupta_ heya kf, matts
12:17 lds joined #koha
12:17 oleonard joined #koha
12:18 * drojf yawns
12:19 oleonard Post-lunch nap drojf?
12:20 drojf oh that would be great :D
12:20 drojf right under the desk
12:21 jcamins Guys, there was nothing in the PQA queue two days ago.
12:21 jcamins This is getting absurd.
12:21 jcamins :P
12:22 drojf jcamins: QA ist too strict? :P
12:22 jcamins Actually, I was thinking that QA was too busy.
12:24 drojf ah, there is a lot now, but there was nothing two days ago. sorry, slow brain. as usual ;)
12:24 jcamins Probably your brain was overwhelmed by patches.
12:25 jcamins Hey, has anyone else noticed that the PDF generation in acquisitions is dreadful?
12:25 drojf right now my brain is overwhelmed by the stupidity of filemaker
12:25 jcamins Ooh, that'll do it.
12:26 oleonard jcamins: I try to stay away from PDF generation everywhere
12:26 jcamins Wise.
12:26 drojf i can hear my brain cells killing themselves. i imagine them like in the old lemmings pc game, happily jumping off a cliff one after the other
12:27 drojf @seen mveron
12:27 huginn drojf: mveron was last seen in #koha 5 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes, and 24 seconds ago: <mveron> cait ++
12:28 drojf i think mveron works with pdf somethings when he is not doing koha. don't know if generation is a part of it
12:40 tcohen joined #koha
12:40 tcohen morning #koha
12:40 jcamins How do I generate an acquisitions PDF?
12:42 tcohen hi kf
12:48 jcamins Could someone please take a look at a closed invoice in acquisitions and see if the reopen checkbox is in the right place?
12:49 oleonard It is not
12:49 * oleonard grumbles
12:51 libsysguy joined #koha
12:51 oleonard Small markup error. I'll send a patch.
12:51 jcamins Thanks.
12:52 magnuse oleonard++
12:53 libsysguy man jcamins is really getting through with the "Patches are welcome" statement
12:57 jcamins lol
12:58 oleonard Bug 10106
12:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10106 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Markup error causing misplacement of "reopen" checkbox on invoice edit screen
12:58 jcamins oleonard++
12:59 oleonard These newfangled bug numbers take too long to type.
13:00 libsysguy truncate the table?
13:00 libsysguy jk, nobody get any ideas with that one
13:05 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:05 jcamins Well, that took way longer than I anticipated.
13:08 druthb o/
13:08 libsysguy \o
13:09 * druthb offers libsysguy a donut hole.
13:09 * libsysguy sigh
13:09 druthb muahahaha
13:09 libsysguy I don't think my wiggly belly would appreciate that
13:09 druthb *snrk*
13:23 drnoe joined #koha
13:24 edveal joined #koha
13:40 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9804' into 3.14-master <[…]52b5925c105a61072> / Bug 9804 - Fix name for NORMARC biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml <[…]8faa5f83caf723c2a> / Merge branch 'bug_9903' into 3.14-master <[…]commitdiff;h=54ab
13:41 jenkins_koha Starting build #12 for job Koha_3.12.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
13:46 maximep joined #koha
13:50 talljoy joined #koha
13:50 BigRig joined #koha
14:04 oleonard Joubu: Your proposal to use the ColVis plugin modifies the default dataTables configuration? Does that mean the column chooser is going to appear by default on some tables?
14:06 * oleonard has not found instances where it does
14:10 tcohen oleonard, in the search results page, the code that adds stuff to a list is the same for a bookbag?
14:10 tcohen i'm confused by the mixed terminology
14:11 oleonard What are you trying to do?
14:12 tcohen i found a bug, that prevents adding stuff to a list if opacbookbag is not enabled
14:12 tcohen and learned that lists are named virtualshelves in the code!
14:12 tcohen not sure about that thou
14:13 oleonard Yeah, that was the original term. Just like basket became bookbag became cart.
14:13 tcohen i found the bug in 3.8, and master exposes the same behaviour
14:15 tcohen is this a bug or a feature oleonard?
14:16 Joubu oleonard: If the colvis script is not loaded, there is no change on the page. Obviously the sDom modification has no effect.
14:16 oleonard tcohen: It is a bug. Lists should work even if opacbookbag is turned off.
14:16 tcohen ok, filling a bug then
14:16 tcohen i'm looking at the code and the problem its clear
14:17 oleonard Joubu: Ah, I understand. I like the way it works, although I think I would prefer that the "show/hide" button work on click rather than hover
14:19 Joubu oleonard: yep me too. I added it in order to show some options.
14:19 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.12.x build #12: SUCCESS in 38 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.12.x/12/
14:19 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 10023: Change degree notation for number to #
14:19 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 10023: Change degree notation for number to No.
14:19 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 10023 follow-up: Remove the last occurrences of N[degree sign]
14:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10023 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , degree notation in acq
14:19 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9903 - Sort by date broken on patron detail page
14:19 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 9903: Followup: use the KohaDates T::T plugin to display dates.
14:19 jenkins_koha * Magnus Enger: Bug 9804 - Fix name for NORMARC biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml
14:19 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9903 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Sort by date broken on patron detail page
14:19 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9804 trivial, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , Fix name for NORMARC biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml
14:19 khall_away joined #koha
14:19 oleonard Joubu: Does it remember your choice from session to session? I didn't test that.
14:19 jenkins_koha Starting build #1147 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:19 Joubu oleonard: no, I don't think so
14:20 oleonard I like that feature of my implementation. I don't know if anyone else does :)
14:21 Joubu oleonard: It was what I mean by "configuration page for all tables in Koha". It is possible to specify a columns list to hide/show.
14:21 alphaman joined #koha
14:22 Joubu oleonard: But it is not easy at all to implement your way for all tables in Koha.
14:22 francharb joined #koha
14:22 oleonard Joubu: True.
14:23 oleonard Joubu: How would it work to set the configuration for all tables in Koha?
14:23 Joubu oleonard: At the moment, Colvis is just an idea. I will try to imagine something elegant.
14:23 Joubu I don't know :)
14:24 francharb joined #koha
14:24 oleonard Joubu: I think it's worth pursuing.
14:25 Joubu It's an hazy thing in my brain...
14:26 mtompset joined #koha
14:26 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
14:28 oleonard tcohen: Are you working on a patch for Bug 10107 or should I?
14:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10107 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , opacbookbag shouldn't prevent from adding items to a list in the OPAC
14:29 tcohen i was starting to do it
14:29 oleonard Okay, great.
14:29 tcohen i havent' tested if its present in ccsr thu
14:31 gaetan_B bye !
14:42 khall_away joined #koha
14:43 tcohen oh, ccsr and prog share a lot oleonard!
14:43 * tcohen is learning a lot this days
14:44 mtompset Okay, I'm still learning git... let's say I have a bunch of changes in branch bug_shib which was based on origin/master, but more changes have been pushed through on origin/master. How do I not lose my changes, but make sure that I get the latest version of everything?
14:46 maximep you can either merge master back on bug_shib or rebase bug_shib on master
14:50 tcohen done oleonard
14:56 oleonard Thanks tcohen. A lot of that logic dates back to before we could even use operators like || with template tags, so it could get messy. I'm surprised this bug hasn't been noticed sooner.
14:57 tcohen i understand oleonard
14:58 tcohen I think we'll be better by the tie we have more templates, and less logic inside of them
14:59 oleonard Do you have an example of what you're thinking of tcohen?
14:59 mtompset less logic in templates. Good idea. :)
15:00 mtompset though, I think that should be qualified as BUSINESS logic. obviously UI logic may be required. :)
15:00 * mtompset is just thinking out loud.
15:00 tcohen i see big IF blocks everywhere
15:01 tcohen and sometimes have the feeling we should have separate, simpler templates for different scenarios
15:01 mtompset Yes, but I think some of those IF blocks are related to display issues, not business logic.
15:02 tcohen i have the same feeling about stuff like
15:02 tcohen is not personal :-P
15:03 mtompset Do you mean that has too much overloading in that it does this and that for multiple situations which could better be defined by a .pm with cleanly separated .pl's?
15:04 tcohen, and so own should exist
15:04 reiveune ++
15:04 reiveune left #koha
15:05 mtompset Ah, just teasing out the functions which have all been jammed into out .pl into other smaller, clearer .pl's.
15:05 tcohen s/w//
15:06 mtompset ^out^one^
15:06 tcohen the thing is that this complexity is <past tense for 'mimic'> by the templates
15:08 kf like owen explained
15:09 kf a lot of the more insane if structures can be explained by not having the option to do it otherwise with htp
15:09 kf maybe cleaning up some files and pl one afte the other would help here
15:09 christophe_c left #koha
15:12 maximep left #koha
15:13 khall_away joined #koha
15:14 mtompset how does git stash work?
15:14 oleonard It lets you set aside a change you've made without making a commit
15:14 oleonard git stash save <name for the stash>
15:14 mtompset my bug_shib includes changes to C4/Auth, and I'm getting an "error" (really a warning) that I can't "git rebase origin/master", because my C4/Auth changes would be lost.
15:15 oleonard Sounds like you haven't committed all your changes
15:15 druthb left #koha
15:15 tcohen why dont you commit them?
15:15 mtompset I haven't done any commits.
15:15 oleonard You have to commit your changes before you can rebase
15:16 tcohen rebase takes your commits out, forwards to origin/master's HEAD and tries to apply your patches on top of it
15:16 druthb joined #koha
15:18 mtompset GAH! now I'm into messy territory.
15:18 tcohen Mimicked
15:18 mtompset merge conflicts.
15:19 oleonard Nothing to do but sort them out mtompset
15:20 mcooper joined #koha
15:21 khall_away joined #koha
15:21 mtompset This is the part of git I really haven't figured out.
15:23 oleonard What part mtompset? Ask a question if you need help with something specific.
15:23 tcohen mtompset: when it said merge confilcts, it told you what files have conflicts
15:23 tcohen you have to open those files and look for the conflict
15:23 mtompset True. I know what file. The question is how do I know where the conflicts are?
15:23 tcohen search for <<<
15:24 wahanui joined #koha
15:24 mtompset AH! Okay, that should be easy enough.
15:24 tcohen there's a block
15:24 tcohen <<<
15:24 tcohen master
15:24 tcohen ===
15:24 tcohen your_commit
15:24 tcohen >>>
15:25 mtompset Right, so do I merely fix the bad section and do some git command?
15:25 tcohen exactly
15:25 tcohen remove those marks too of course (<<< == >>>)
15:25 tcohen then git add
15:26 tcohen git add C4/
15:26 tcohen and git rebase --continue
15:26 tcohen (maybe someone correct me)
15:26 mtompset Oh, so fix the file completely?
15:26 mtompset The sections get removed with what it should be?
15:26 mtompset (i.e. no more <<< parts)
15:27 oleonard mtompset: Everything between the <<< and >>> must be manually merged, and the markers removed.
15:27 tcohen[…]c-Merge-Conflicts
15:27 tcohen merge conflicts:[…]c-Merge-Conflicts
15:28 oleonard mtompset: So if your code can fully replace the code marked as HEAD, just delete that section. If HEAD contained something yours lacks, you must merge them.
15:28 tcohen hmm, i guess wahanui only learns at noon, nz tz
15:28 mtompset merge conflicts?
15:28 mtompset wahanui: merge conflicts is[…]c-Merge-Conflicts
15:28 wahanui OK, mtompset.
15:29 oleonard Did someone say there was a way to do a git blame which excluded whitespace changes?
15:29 mtompset merge conflicts?
15:29 wahanui merge conflicts is probably[…]c-Merge-Conflicts
15:29 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1147: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 10 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1147/
15:29 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 10023: Change degree notation for number to #
15:29 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 10023: Change degree notation for number to No.
15:29 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 10023 follow-up: Remove the last occurrences of N[degree sign]
15:29 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9903 - Sort by date broken on patron detail page
15:29 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 9903: Followup: use the KohaDates T::T plugin to display dates.
15:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10023 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , degree notation in acq
15:29 jenkins_koha * Magnus Enger: Bug 9804 - Fix name for NORMARC biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml
15:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9903 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Sort by date broken on patron detail page
15:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9804 trivial, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , Fix name for NORMARC biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml
15:31 oleonard Looks to me like Bug 7732 has resurfaced.
15:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7732 enhancement, P3, ---,, RESOLVED FIXED, Restoring "More lists" in the Add-to combo of OPAC Search Results
15:31 mtompset probably patched in one version, but never made it to master?
15:34 mtompset Thanks tcohen, oleonard, and maximep. I think I got it done. :)
15:37 so_nia left #koha
15:39 tcohen technical perl question: if I inherit from a class, how should I export the desired methods in my own class?
15:42 slef I'd check man perlboot but I think you add them to @EXPORT_OK
15:43 slef man Exporter, rather
15:44 rambutan joined #koha
15:48 kf hm
15:49 kf the way we do bibtex export is kinda weird
15:49 kf[…]effeffa3686bd79bb
15:50 kf wouldn't using xslt or something be easier?
15:54 mtompset Okay, back to figuring out why the href is blank in this patch.
16:01 amitgupta_ joined #koha
16:02 amitgupta_ brendan around?
16:03 melia joined #koha
16:10 * druthb waves to melia.
16:10 melia hi druthb
16:13 gmcharlt @quote random
16:13 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #155: "libsysguy: I always hate touching somebody else's code that they are currently working on...its like asking someone if you can hold their kid" (added by kf at 01:35 PM, September 15, 2011)
16:13 kf @quote random
16:13 huginn kf: Quote #206: "There's a bug for that" (added by chrisc at 11:55 PM, May 24, 2012)
16:13 kf hi gmcharlt :)
16:13 gmcharlt hi kf!
16:33 jcamins kf: if you prefer a more imperative style of export, I've heard of this thing called Template::Plugin::MARC.
16:33 kf :)
16:34 jcamins The author is pretty cool, too.
16:36 jcamins Though if he did that again, he'd probably use mustache instead of T::T, thus eliminating much of the parsing.
16:37 jcamins (and less work is always good)
16:37 kf slef: wondering... has something bad happened to the nice lists of old bugs you sent out? :)
16:37 libsysguy true, unless it means more work later
16:37 libsysguy then I will always take more work upfront
16:38 amitgupta_ heya gmcharlt
16:38 wahanui gmcharlt is an expert in all things library technology.
16:38 gmcharlt hi amitgupta_
16:38 jcamins libsysguy: right, but using mustache would have been less work later. :(
16:38 jcamins Fortunately it works, so that's enough.
16:39 jcamins Still, I hate it when I learn that I spent lots of time working on an already-solved problem.
16:40 libsysguy I'm going to look at your sauce
16:41 libsysguy ah yes now I remember how much I hated marc
16:41 libsysguy thanks for that
16:41 jcamins lol
16:41 jcamins You're welcome.
16:45 * druthb needs a new hobby, and will port Koha onto the MicroVax platform, just for funsies. (naaaah!)
16:46 * druthb found one on eBay, boots to a login prompt, with a whopping 426MB drive.
16:46 jcamins Да нет! Коха слышком огромный! Библионарратор за МикроВах!
16:47 kf i wish I had paid better attention to my russian lessons...
16:47 kf yes no?
16:47 wahanui[…]33/collapsing.gif
16:47 druthb lol
16:47 jcamins (Oh no! Koha is too big! Biblionarrator for MicroVax!)
16:47 kf koha.... something something...
16:48 kf oh sa...of course
16:48 kf time to leave :)
16:48 kf bbl :)
16:48 kf left #koha
16:49 * druthb remembers when the *blazingly fast* Alpha 466Mhz processors came out.
16:49 druthb The shop I was at was *stoked*, as it'd be a huge improvement.  64 bit!  and *tons* more horsepower than our VAXServer 4100.
16:49 amitgupta_ heya druthb
16:50 druthb Hi, amitgupta_. :)
16:50 jcamins Hehe.
16:51 druthb For many years, the Indian Railway—which is *still* a VMS customer—had the server that held the record for uptime—no reboots in fourteen years or some such.  That's one thing I'll give VMS.  Serious uptime, hard to kill.
16:52 alphaman I've got some old Alphas in my garage...
16:52 alphaman if you couldn't tell by my handle… :)
16:53 druthb The library I was at got their first Alpha (a 2100, pedestal, with dual CPUs) in…hm.  1993 or 4?  Something like that.
16:53 libsysguy I would have gone with alpha_male alphaman
16:53 alphaman lol — it was an internal DEC marketing spoof, and it stuck with me since the early '90s...
16:53 libsysguy I want to know what wizzyrea is going to do with that raspberry pi box
16:54 alphaman 2100 came out in 95.
16:54 libsysguy alphaman I got libsysguy from nengard when she came to do my libraries training
16:54 druthb yeah.  I'd not been there too long when we got that box and migrated from our old system.
16:54 alphaman well, maybe late 94
16:55 druthb I wouldn't mind getting a little alpha box to fiddle around on some time.  Pull in some of the old games, and putz around with this and that, just to see if I can
16:56 jcamins druthb: how much? I can't believe there'd be that many bids.
16:56 alphaman there's a free emulator you can get, runs on Windows, but I think it can be built on Mac or LInux, too
16:56 alphaman <scratches head, trying to remember name>
16:56 druthb That'd be slick, alphaman.  I'll poke around.
16:57 druthb jcamins:  Such hardware does occasionally get bids.  This older 32-bit MV was priced at 350 Buy-it-now.
16:57 alphaman there are also for$$$ emulators for both VAXen and Alphas. commercial grade stuff.
16:58 tcohen joined #koha
16:58 alphaman I sold a pallet full of systems to a reseller in the Pacific NW last year, to clear out my garage when I moved.
16:58 alphaman but I kept my favorites: a DS10L rack mount 2U system, and a PC164RX running NT.
17:00 alphaman the RX was a prototype, that never saw the light of day. Only a couple dozen were built, and I was lucky to have one donated to my website.
17:00 * tcohen is back online
17:00 druthb I never worked with a DS-series box, but heard good things about 'em.
17:01 druthb Last VMS shop I was at used AS4100s, rackmounts, with a *few* running Tru64.
17:02 * jcamins never used VMS.
17:02 alphaman So, you gonna port Koha using VMS or Tru64?
17:02 jcamins He's happy with that.
17:02 alphaman VMS has a port of Perl 5.whatever...
17:03 druthb *snort*  You could *theoretically* get it working on Tru64, if you can get Zebra breathing.
17:03 alphaman lol
17:03 druthb Getting Zebra healthy on VMS?…that'd be a trip.
17:04 alphaman I too much of a n00b w/ Koha  (I'm learning, here) — is Zebra in .pl too?
17:04 jcamins Nope.
17:04 jcamins C.
17:04 alphaman there's a C portability library for VMS that might help.
17:04 druthb The problem would probably lie in the territory of how it thinks about filesystems.  VMS is Just Really Different.
17:04 alphaman but yeah, no small task.
17:05 alphaman the library would isolate that to a great extent, fortunately
17:05 gmcharlt am I remembering correctly that VMS does file versioning by default?
17:05 druthb It does, gmcharlt.
17:06 alphaman yup
17:06 alphaman up to 32,767 versions
17:07 alphaman Updated version of free Alphaserver emulator for Windows available:[…]=13/02/05/0029831
17:07 druthb I took the two-week Internals class from DEC in '95.   Oodles of fun, that.
17:08 alphaman hardcore
17:10 druthb yeah, it was a lot of fun.  The teacher challenged us each day to try to break his box before he got there in the morning, using hardcore tricks.  VMS being kind of hard to hack, this was a hefty challenge that eluded most of the class
17:10 jcamins druthb: ... but you taught it MARC and got extra credit?
17:10 jcamins :P
17:10 druthb ….until some person (a #koha geek, lately) stole his power-supply and put an empty PS chassis in the box in its' place.
17:10 alphaman aha! SIMH, originally written by Bill Ackerman, IIRC:
17:11 druthb ooo…that'll do the oldy moldy stuff…. PDP!
17:11 alphaman or maybe it was Bob Supnik.
17:12 libsysguy agh I am almost at my prime[…]t-s-all-about-age
17:13 druthb ITS?  wowie.
17:13 * druthb is feeling her age...
17:14 * libsysguy is too
17:14 * alphaman too
17:14 druthb *snrk*
17:14 libsysguy btw thats my picture in the article :p
17:14 libsysguy hehe
17:14 druthb libsysguy is just a baby.
17:14 alphaman I thought it was the old dancing baby from the 90s
17:15 gmcharlt key line from that article: "The young can easily pull all-nighters."
17:15 gmcharlt i.e., they are willing to be exploited
17:16 libsysguy ^^
17:17 vfernandes joined #koha
17:17 vfernandes hi
17:17 wahanui hello, vfernandes
17:17 vfernandes one question: it's possible to redirect in a new page directly to OPAC in X language?
17:18 jcamins There is a patch for that.
17:19 vfernandes its a bug open?
17:19 jcamins Yes.
17:19 jcamins You can search for it.
17:19 jcamins @query language
17:19 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3092 normal, P1 - high, ---, frederic, NEW , Data values storage and use 100 bug meta-bug
17:19 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2559 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Language limit on Spanish returns Russian records or is it English ...
17:19 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8783 major, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Parentheses not escaped properly in queries when using XSLT
17:19 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7541 normal, P3, ---, oleonard, NEW , News items won't display for translated dialects
17:19 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3707 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , Add system preference for customization of the OPAC login page
17:19 jcamins @query opac language
17:20 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3092 normal, P1 - high, ---, frederic, NEW , Data values storage and use 100 bug meta-bug
17:20 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8783 major, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Parentheses not escaped properly in queries when using XSLT
17:20 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7541 normal, P3, ---, oleonard, NEW , News items won't display for translated dialects
17:20 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3707 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , Add system preference for customization of the OPAC login page
17:20 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9018 normal, P5 - low, ---, druthb, NEW , Po file for ccsr theme missing on
17:20 jcamins Oh well.
17:20 jcamins tcohen: do you have the bug number?
17:20 vfernandes bug 9725
17:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9725 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Add support to notices for hourly loans
17:21 vfernandes joined #koha
17:21 vfernandes bug 9735
17:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9735 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Choose language using URL parameters in any page
17:21 jcamins That's the one.
17:22 vfernandes that's it :)
17:22 tcohen i like that one :-D
17:35 amitgupta_ good night all...
17:35 oleonard I felt my ears burning earlier. Turns out it was when you guys were talking about middle-aged programmers...
17:35 tcohen bye amitgupta_
17:37 druthb *snrk*
17:37 tcohen alphaman: you can run the zebra server in a separate server anyway ;)
17:37 druthb oleonard, you're not middle-aged yet!
17:37 oleonard I dunno, what counts?
17:37 alphaman makes sense.
17:37 druthb Knowing how to sysadmin a DRA Classic box would count.
17:38 oleonard In that case I'll be young forever
17:38 alphaman Used to be a port of MySQL available. Not sure if Oracle quashed that dev or not...
17:38 druthb See, the kick with porting (most anything) to VAX VMS,  is that on those boxes, 32 MB of RAM was considered a *lot*.
17:38 druthb You'd almost have to do it on Alpha.
17:39 alphaman Yeah, but it was CISC. Fewer instructions, smaller code.
17:39 tcohen RISC?
17:39 alphaman Alpha was RISC.
17:40 alphaman A VAX could do in one instruction what it might take dozens on an Alpha.
17:40 druthb alphaman, you tempt me.  I did get Koha running on a little Asus Eee 900 during KohaCon '09, mostly to see if I could.
17:40 alphaman But the Alpha could pipeline 'em, and ran *much* faster
17:40 druthb SIMH emulates an MV 3900, so it's *possible*, maybe.
17:41 alphaman sign of a true hacker: "to see if I could"
17:41 druthb Half a gig of RAM, and a 4 gig SSHD.  It ran *hog slow*, but it ran, and I could search for my (two) biblios.
17:42 alphaman half a gig of RAM and a 4 gig SCSI disk — sounds like one of my old Alphas… :)
17:42 druthb heh
17:43 tcohen how are we testing CGI-related stuff?
17:44 tcohen (at lib-level)
17:44 jcamins tcohen: with the unit tests you're just about to write? :)
17:45 tcohen heh, do u work for the CIA or smth?
17:45 druthb He's *way* too smart for that
17:45 jcamins I could tell you, but if I told you I'd have to kill you. :P
17:45 tcohen :-P
17:48 alphaman errmuhgawsh, I've got a VAX on my Mac… (just downloaded SIMH)
17:48 jcamins Hehe.
17:48 druthb hehehehe
17:49 alphaman gotta go home and see if I still have a VAX/OpenVMS kit lying around
18:06 oleonard jcamins: Did I hear you say you use mustache?
18:07 jcamins oleonard: I have not been, but I'm thinking I might start.
18:07 jcamins It would've been perfect for Template::Plugin::MARC.
18:07 jcamins Have you used it?
18:08 oleonard No, but whenever I look at templates like and its huge swaths of JS building HTML I think maybe I should
18:08 oleonard I keep thinking it would help us keep JS separate from templates and still be able to keep translators happy, but I don't know if that's right
18:10 tcohen translators should *Always* be happy
18:10 tcohen and no, I don't think a mustache will fit your face jcamins :-P
18:11 jcamins Hehe.
18:11 jcamins oleonard: I'll be changing to either mustache or twig for Biblionarrator, though, and I'm leaning toward mustache because it's more cross-platform.
18:11 oleonard But you're looking at the Perl version?
18:12 jcamins PHP.
18:12 oleonard Oh is that what Biblionarrator is written in?
18:12 jcamins Yup.
18:21 oleonard We do a lot of template processing inside JavaScript. I wonder if it would be better to make it more abstract and not worry about the increased amount of JS that might be loaded as a result
18:21 jcamins I would tend to think it would be.
18:22 oleonard for instance: Go ahead and load JS relevent to the Cart even if it isn't enabled for the sake of being able to move it out of the .tt file
18:23 jcamins Agreed.
18:23 jcamins We could minify all our JS, and it would all be cached anyway.
18:24 oleonard *sigh* So much to learn, so much to do...
18:25 oleonard I'm making so many changes to the OPAC for the redesign I want to change ALL THE THINGS
18:36 mtompset okay, next git question. How do I know what tags exist, such that I could create a branch based on something ancient (3.0.x for example)?
18:37 gmcharlt mtompset: git tag -l
18:38 mtompset thanks, gmcharlt!
18:38 mtompset gmcharlt++
18:39 cait joined #koha
18:39 drojf joined #koha
18:41 nengard joined #koha
18:44 tcohen bye #koha
18:45 cait bye tcohen
18:45 mtompset okay, I'm confused. I thought that "git checkout -b new_branch vtag" would have "deleted" files created on the existing branch.
18:45 oleonard It would if those files were added and committed.
18:46 oleonard mtompset: Did you "git add" the files you added?
18:46 mtompset that was the previous commit before trying to rebase with master.
18:47 mtompset I'll git add, commit, and retry again.
18:48 mtompset Ah, okay... file "gone". :)
18:59 mib_npqy25 joined #koha
18:59 alohabot Hi mib_npqy25, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
19:01 jcamins wizzyrea: what's wrong with local holds?
19:01 oleonard wizzyrea: ?
19:03 jcamins oleonard: BTW, what was your response to rangi's suggestion about LESS?
19:04 mtompset "Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 3 commits." -- is that referring to the commits I made before making other branches?
19:04 jcamins It is referring to whatever commits are in that branch that are not in master.
19:04 oleonard I'm giving it a try jcamins. Not sure how it's going to fit into the workflow, or where the less file should live.
19:05 oleonard Theoretically we should have a whole "build" folder in the templates for stuff that gets compiled and processed
19:09 phasefx hey folks, I'm a relative newbie, mostly familiar with Evergreen.  if in Koha search results a record is described one way (say, a physical description that mentions 6 videocassettes), but the MARC record was actually changed and it should be 3 dvd's, and you only see that when you go into the record details page, what could be causing that?  Actual item information is also off
19:12 jcamins phasefx: the Zebra index has fallen behind.
19:13 jcamins Run -b -a -z (-x) if it isn't in your cron.
19:13 jcamins Or wait another few minutes and it'll catch up when the cron job fires.
19:13 phasefx jcamins++  is this abnormal?
19:13 cait what he said :)
19:13 jcamins Nope.
19:14 jcamins oleonard: this is what I did with developing vs production and LESS:[…]ain.blade.php#L14
19:16 oleonard Oh, on-the-fly compiling if you're in "dev mode" ?
19:17 jcamins Yep.
19:17 jcamins Made it easier.
19:18 phasefx jcamins: cait: that did the trick, thanks!
19:18 cait jcamins++
19:24 oleonard jcamins: Are you using a PHP framework for Biblionarrator?
19:24 jcamins Yeah, Laravel.
19:25 oleonard Hunh, haven't heard of that.
19:25 oleonard Why did you choose that?
19:25 jcamins A friend recommended it.
19:25 jcamins It's really nice, actually.
19:26 oleonard Had you worked under MVC before?
19:27 jcamins Not a lot.
19:27 jcamins Played around with it, of course, but no major projects.
19:27 oleonard I've only read up on it
19:30 jcamins It's a really good idea.
19:31 berick_ joined #koha
19:34 rangi joined #koha
19:35 oleonard rangi wasn't here for 3 minutes! That was scary.
19:35 cait lol
19:35 cait yes
19:56 mveron joined #koha
19:59 oleonard I'm re-indenting the hell out of these OPAC templates.
20:00 oleonard Sorry, or you're welcome, depending on your point of view.
20:02 druthb oleonard++
20:04 cait oleonard: go for it :)
20:05 jcamins oleonard: might as well.
20:05 jcamins And now is the time to do it.
20:05 rangi yeah git log and diff can ignore the whitespace changes
20:06 jcamins No changes to get in the way during string freeze so you have ~1.25 months.
20:07 rangi git blame -w
20:07 cait morning rangi
20:07 rangi so you can still see the actual changes
20:07 oleonard Short for "git blame -why-on-earth-did-you-do-that"
20:07 cait hehe
20:08 rangi hehe more ignore whitespace
20:13 libsysguy left #koha
20:15 oleonard See you later #koha.
20:15 * drojf peeks in
20:15 cait hey drojf
20:16 druthb hi, drojf! :)
20:17 drojf1 joined #koha
20:17 drojf hey that was fun
20:17 drojf like a revolving door
20:17 drojf hi cait and druthb (i see you in the log)
20:17 druthb :P
20:27 mib_2zml2n joined #koha
20:27 alohabot Hi mib_2zml2n, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
20:36 * mtompset waves bye.
20:39 jcamins nengard: those weren't added yesterday?
20:39 nengard ??
20:39 jcamins Wait.
20:39 jcamins This morning.
20:39 nengard what are we talking about?
20:39 nengard my bug report?
20:39 nengard or something else
20:39 jcamins I pushed a patch updating MARC21 frameworks to Update 15.
20:40 jcamins The bug report.
20:40 nengard oh? oooo
20:40 nengard let me check
20:40 nengard i might have done my pull too early this morning
20:41 jcamins I'm not sure- I didn't check.
20:42 jcamins I just spot-checked a few codes.
20:47 nengard jcamins looks good to me!
20:47 nengard thanks
20:49 jcamins I love it when that happens.
20:55 cait night all :)
20:55 cait left #koha
21:08 NateC joined #koha
21:10 * magnuse yawns
21:15 drojf group yawn!
21:16 magnuse :-)
21:16 * magnuse can't wait to upgrade to a koha version that incorporates bug 9172
21:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9172 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Move TinyMCE library outside of language-specific directory
21:17 rangi not long now :)
21:17 magnuse w00t! :-)
21:18 magnuse rangi: planning to have it in 3.10.x?
21:18 rangi probably not, but 3.12.0 is only a month away :)
21:19 jcamins Not so good for backporting.
21:20 magnuse no problem
21:20 magnuse i will upgrade quickly to 3.12.x i think
21:21 magnuse just did 3.10.4 -> 3.10.5, in 12 minutes, most of which was spent shuffling tiny_mce files around
21:21 rangi *nod*
21:22 rangi under 10 minutes for a point upgrade is what i aim for
21:22 magnuse (because i updated the templates/installed 2 translations)
21:22 rangi so there is not excuse to use versions with bugs/security issues
21:23 jcamins There are many excuses.
21:23 jcamins Just none good.
21:23 rangi :)
21:23 magnuse the upgrade itself took 2 minutes, tops. for 48 instances
21:23 rangi nice :)
21:24 rangi are you thinking of coming to kohacon magnuse ?
21:24 magnuse thinking yes, going no.
21:24 magnuse sadly
21:24 rangi ahh stink
21:24 rangi but understandable
21:24 magnuse my wife will be taking a year off work to stay home with leonard until he is 2, so we better save money where we can...
21:25 rangi yep that makes sense
21:25 magnuse yeah, i'm curious about the location for kohacon14... ;-)
21:25 rangi :)
21:26 rangi its almost time to start the proposals for that actualy
21:26 magnuse yeah, i tried to bring it up one or two meetings ago, but i think people found tit too early
21:27 tcohen joined #koha
21:27 magnuse oh well, we will get there
21:27 jcamins I think I called for sending an e-mail to the list and not making _me_ think about it.
21:27 magnuse and i better catch some sleep
21:27 magnuse jcamins: hehe
21:27 magnuse have fun #koha!
21:28 rangi cya magnuse
21:40 tcohen hi rangi
21:41 jenkins_koha Starting build #102 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:42 rangi hi tcohen
22:01 alphaman left #koha
22:12 drnoe_away left #koha
22:23 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #102: SUCCESS in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_3.10.x/102/
22:23 jenkins_koha * David Cook: Bug 8508 - Holds to Pull : Library dropdown options are erroneously concatenated by br tags
22:23 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 8508: Followup: Simplify the separateData js function
22:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8508 minor, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Stable , Holds to Pull : Library dropdown options are erroneously concatenated by br tags
22:23 jenkins_koha Starting build #103 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:40 rambutan I vote for Thailand.
22:57 NateC joined #koha
23:05 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #103: SUCCESS in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_3.10.x/103/
23:05 jenkins_koha * Adrien Saurat: Bug 9484: userid not generated consistently (different editing pages)
23:05 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 9479: The member notices page doesn't display dates in the syspref format
23:05 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 9479: FIX conflict with Bug 9014
23:05 jenkins_koha * Liz Rea: bug 4862 - Change label of Browse by subject or author to Authority search
23:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9484 minor, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Stable , userid not generated consistently (different editing pages)
23:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9479 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , The member notices page does not display dates in the syspref format
23:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9014 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Add time due to slips
23:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4862 minor, P5 - low, ---, liz, Pushed to Stable , "Browse by subject" is misnamed
23:05 jenkins_koha Starting build #304 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:43 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #304: SUCCESS in 38 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/304/
23:43 jenkins_koha Adrien Saurat: Bug 9484: userid not generated consistently (different editing pages)
23:43 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9484 minor, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Stable , userid not generated consistently (different editing pages)
23:52 jcamins !jenkins build master now
23:52 jenkins_koha jcamins: syntax is: 'build <job> [now|<delay>[s|m|h]] [<parameterkey>=<value>]*'
23:52 jcamins !jenkins build Koha_master now
23:52 jenkins_koha jcamins: job Koha_master build scheduled now
23:52 jenkins_koha Starting build #1148 for job Koha_master (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1146 1 day 10 hr ago)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary