IRC log for #koha, 2012-09-20

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:11 jcamins_away rangi, yeah, 7475 was pushed
01:21 druthb joined #koha
01:21 druthb o/
01:22 zioha joined #koha
01:46 drojf joined #koha
02:05 * wajasu doing overdues_notices testing now for 6030, so maybe folks can get html in their notices.
02:27 miltsnz joined #koha
02:28 miltsnz Hi all
02:28 miltsnz I have a quick question....
02:29 miltsnz we have a koha OPAC which requires users to log in. We also want to be able to share an RSS feed of new items. However it seems that because the OPAC is authenticated, the RSS feed doesn't work?
02:29 miltsnz is there an easy way around this?
02:42 Waylon joined #koha
02:42 Waylon hiya all
02:43 miltsnz hey
02:45 Waylon altering a specific part of results, the change, pointless for others to use, is it best to alter the page via browser dom js scripting, or just alter the template and hope no one alters the same area, causing a conflict? (I am using git.)
02:56 halcyonCorsair mtj: yo
02:56 halcyonCorsair mtj: if you want to have a play with the stuff I blogged about and need troubleshooting / pointers, let me know
02:58 wajasu did koha zebra daemon get a LCK file recently?  i'm getting some contention in my dev install. permissions.  maybe it just me.
03:03 wajasu it was just me :)
04:26 wajasu i see that we if we have utf8 diacritics in email notices we send, the subject and possible the from and to addresses look like mojibake. i found some double multiple encoding and got the subject to send it correctly.
04:28 wajasu i guess i could try the same for the from and to addresses.  but that will need to be a separate bug fix that might have a utf8 email address to test.
04:42 mtj halcyonCorsair, ^^ yep, will do - chris was telling me about it last week :)
04:45 druthb joined #koha
04:58 cait joined #koha
05:03 fredericd hello cait
05:07 druthb joined #koha
05:08 cait hi fredericd :)
05:08 cait hi druthb
05:08 druthb Hi
05:09 fredericd tcohen++ and Bernardo, for their work on manual translation
05:24 brylie joined #koha
05:56 rangi I think managers appointing assistants is a good idea fredericd
06:04 fredericd Somehow, assistant work has to be rewarded, formalized... There's so much willingness
06:04 rangi Yep
06:04 rangi Included in release notes
06:05 rangi And kept fun
06:05 rangi There's no point doing this if we don't enjoy it
06:07 sophie_m joined #koha
06:07 cait :)
06:20 alex_a bonjour
06:20 wahanui salut, alex_a
06:36 reiveune joined #koha
06:36 reiveune hello
06:36 wahanui bonjour, reiveune
06:41 laurence joined #koha
06:42 * magnuse waves
06:42 * cait waves too and leaves for work
06:43 magnuse hehe, o'reilly has an offer on books about R for the talk like a pirate day :-)
06:53 julian_m joined #koha
07:01 asaurat joined #koha
07:02 matts hi !
07:09 paul_p joined #koha
07:13 rangi evening
07:14 kf joined #koha
07:14 kf good morning #koha
07:16 rangi wb kf
07:20 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:20 gaetan_B hello
07:26 mbalmer joined #koha
07:33 mbalmer joined #koha
07:40 kf wb rangi
07:40 kf hi gaetan_B
07:41 gaetan_B guten morgen :)
07:41 mbalmer hello
07:41 wahanui hola, mbalmer
07:41 kf :)
07:41 kf hi mbalmer
07:47 laurence joined #koha
07:52 paul_p good morning everybody
07:53 rangi hi paul_p
07:54 kf hi paul_p
07:56 rangi paul_p: if you push the patch by julian on bug 5339
07:56 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5339 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Parcel closing in acq
07:56 rangi we will be back to stable in master
07:57 kf finally :)
07:57 drojf good morning #koha
07:58 rangi hi drojf
07:59 rangi whoa
07:59 rangi what does that even mean?
08:00 rangi[…]ember/034300.html
08:00 drojf llol. i knew exactly what you meant
08:00 drojf i think it's complicated because it's special
08:02 kf morning drojf
08:03 drojf hi kf :)
08:05 drojf when a patch failed qa und i fix it, what's next? does it have to be signed off again or does it go back to qa?
08:05 kf depends on the comment
08:05 kf sometimes paul notes something about th estatus
08:05 kf which bug are we talking about?
08:06 drojf bug 8377
08:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8377 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Failed QA , Show HTML5 video/ audio for media files in OPAC and staff client
08:07 kf hm
08:07 kf if you move to C4 as only change
08:07 drojf that was the plan
08:07 kf I would ask paul_p
08:10 paul_p drojf = in this case, back to signed off is OK
08:10 paul_p because the feature does not change at all.
08:11 drojf paul_p: cool, thanks
08:11 paul_p rangi = yep. I'm also testing other patches atm. A few small glitches (like "invoice is close" instead of "invoice is closed" ;-) ) and i'll push the 3 patches
08:27 jenkins_koha Starting build #848 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #773 2 mo 17 days ago)
08:27 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_5339' <[…]5229dd3801aacf017> / Bug 5339 follow-up <[…]5fad3293f0533ab5c> / Bug 5339: Unit tests for invoices related subroutines <[…]b267b154716b3ea42
08:28 paul_p keep finger crossed, jenkins should be back to stable...
08:29 drojf uh, wild rebase. if i have
08:29 drojf <<<<<<< HEAD
08:29 drojf <nothing>
08:29 drojf =======
08:29 drojf <a lot of stuff that does not belong to my patch>
08:29 drojf <stuff that belongs to my patch>
08:29 drojf >>>>>>> Bug 8377
08:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8377 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Failed QA , Show HTML5 video/ audio for media files in OPAC and staff client
08:29 drojf i just take it that all after the === all that does not belong to my patch got deleted and it's safe for me to do that at rebase too?
08:30 * magnuse crosses fingers
08:31 paul_p drojf = this case is tricky... look at your initial patch (just the patch), check where the <a lot of stuff that does not belong to my patch> comes from ? (has it been added in the meantime ? deleted ?)
08:31 paul_p drojf = anyway, you must fix this manually, there's no rule.
08:31 drojf it has been there when i made the patch, i just look at the file in master now to see what happened to it
08:34 drojf it is not in the file in master, so it should get out of my file too
08:37 drojf it's all related to amazon, seems like that has been redone since i made my patch
08:42 drojf paul_p: found it, it was because of bug 8679 that removed amazon API stuff so it's alright to delete
08:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8679 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Remove usage of Amazon API
08:44 fredy joined #koha
08:52 rangi how do people not know what they installed
08:52 rangi do they just put on a blindfold and randomly pick something and just install it
08:54 magnuse sure!
08:56 rangi maybe its from the vm image .. surely if they had checked out from git, they would remember it
08:56 rangi ah well, someone else can answer
08:56 magnuse yeah, you'd think so...
08:56 rangi i ran some stats
08:57 rangi i average 12 mails a month to the main koha list, for 12 years :)
08:58 rangi[…]
08:58 rangi that url work?
08:59 rangi magnuse has sent 182 mails to
08:59 rangi and 62 to koha-devel
09:00 chris_n` joined #koha
09:00 magnuse 182? wow!
09:00 alex_a1 joined #koha
09:00 rangi yep
09:01 rangi[…]
09:02 magnuse "Dear all, I am a Norwegian librarian hacker, investigating the possibilities of offering Koha hosted on Amazon EC2 to Norwegian libraries." hehe
09:02 magnuse Jul 17, 2008 - more than 4 years!
09:04 rangi hehe
09:04 rangi speaking of which
09:04 rangi[…]_Chef_and_Vagrant
09:05 magnuse yeah, saw that but no time to investigate...
09:09 laurence1 joined #koha
09:10 drojf how do i squash my last two commits together? i have done that once before but apparently not taken notes or can't find them :/
09:12 magnuse drojf: i find this useful:[…]-with-rebase.html
09:13 drojf magnuse: interactive rings a bell, thanks!
09:13 magnuse :-)
09:30 bornie21 joined #koha
09:34 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
09:34 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #848: FIXED in 1 hr 6 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/848/
09:34 jenkins_koha * julian.maurice: Bug 5339: Fix t/db_dependant/Acquisition.t
09:34 jenkins_koha * julian.maurice: Bug 5339: ergonomic changes
09:34 jenkins_koha * julian.maurice: Bug 5339: Unit tests for invoices related subroutines
09:34 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 5339 follow-up
09:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5339 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Parcel closing in acq
09:37 paul_p yippie !!!
09:37 magnuse woohoo!
09:37 drojf w00t
09:37 magnuse \o/
09:54 paul_p (would have been fixed much earlier if I had spotted that dobrica had submitted a fix for the barcode test error... he forget to change the bug status, I missed the email, it was not in my radar. Just spotted it yesterday because I wanted to bump the problem...)
09:56 rangi yay!
10:08 kf_mtg yay :)
10:08 kf_mtg and back
10:14 laurence joined #koha
10:27 jenkins_koha Starting build #849 for job Koha_master (previous build: FIXED)
10:29 mtj yay jenkins++, well done everyone :)
10:30 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6679 - fix 3 perlcritic violations in C4/, and enabled warnings <[…]89dbdc537a151c95e> / Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 2 perlcritic violations in C4/ <[…]5e723666aae62d577> / Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 4 perlcritic violations in C4/Creators/
10:30 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #849: FAILURE in 3 min 14 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/849/
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - fix 12 perlcritic violations in C4/External/
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 12 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 -[SIGNED-OFF] fix 12 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF]fixing 23 '"return" statement with explicit "undef"' violations in C4/
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 15 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6679 minor, P1 - high, ---, mtj, ASSIGNED , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 9 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 9 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 8 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 8 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 7 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 6 perlcritic violations in C4/Barcodes/
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 5 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 4 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 4 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:30 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 3 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:31 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 3 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:31 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 3 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:31 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 3 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:31 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 2 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:31 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 2 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:31 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 2 perlcritic violations in C4/Installer/
10:31 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 2 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:31 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 4 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:31 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 4 perlcritic violations in C4/Creators/
10:31 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 2 perlcritic violations in C4/
10:31 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 6679 - fix 3 perlcritic violations in C4/, and enabled warnings
10:31 magnuse yay!
10:34 kf quite an impressive list
10:36 mtj instant karma to anyone that mentions that bug number again :p
10:36 kf 6679? :P
10:37 mtj kf++ bug 6679
10:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6679 minor, P1 - high, ---, mtj, ASSIGNED , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
10:37 kf lol
10:37 kf I cheated, you shouldn't fall for that
10:38 mtj huginn didnt go krazy, as i expected
10:38 huginn mtj: I suck
10:40 gary_ joined #koha
10:42 mtj aah ok… was jenkins that went crazy , not huginn :/
10:50 gary_ could someone help me with restoring a dump into a new koha installation? I'm a bit confused
10:56 drojf gary_: some more information perhaps? what exactly are you trying to do and what is the problem?
10:57 gary_ I had used koha-dump on a previous ubuntu system for backup.. the system failed. I have a new koha system running and would like to restore the previous dump into it
10:58 drojf ok so are using the package commands
10:59 drojf that should be koha-restore
10:59 drojf[…]ages#koha-restore
11:00 gary_ yes. when I do 'koha-restore /home/bcpslib/Desktop/bcpsdump.sql' I get 'Usage: /usr/sbin/koha-restore sqldump configdump' and nothing appears to happen
11:01 gary_ do the instance names have to match?
11:01 drojf i think you should have two sql files. one with the database and one with the configurations. you only have one in your command
11:03 gary_ hmm, bad news for me then, I only seem to have one, when I did the initial dump it was 'koha-dump <instancename>' and I may have assumed only one file on the output
11:04 gary_ so there should be a *.sql file and a *.conf or *.config file?
11:04 drojf i'm afraid it seems like you missed a file then. what is in your sql file?
11:04 drojf i think they are both sql files
11:04 gary_ not sure what's in it, how do I find out?
11:05 drojf you could open it with a text editor
11:05 drojf or maybe check the size first
11:05 drojf they can get huge
11:07 gary_ file size is 39.1M and should have about 7000 items in it if it's correct
11:08 drojf is it gzipped? otherwise that sounds quite small to me
11:09 gary_ no, not zipped. I may have the files on the work computer... I'll have to check today, I may not have moved them home (I hope that's the case)
11:11 drojf if you got your biblio data but miss the configs there might be a default sql file that you can use, you would have to set up the configuration again. you should ask eythian maybe, i don't know how these files are organised. he is not here atm though
11:12 * drojf heads to the office
11:12 drojf left #koha
11:15 magnuse the configdump should have stuff like koha-conf.xml and thr apache config, i think
11:15 magnuse so if you lost that one, i think you should do koha-create to create a new instance, and then load the sql file you have into the db for the instance you create
11:16 magnuse with something like koha-mysql myinstance mydumpfile.sql
11:16 magnuse i think
11:16 magnuse and i forgot to say that was for gary_
11:17 gary_ when I do koha-dump, what's the default directory the files are placed in? I'm looking through backups currently
11:19 mtj gary_ , also try a simple…. $ mysql yourkoha  < ./foo.sql
11:20 mtj (after you take a backup)
11:21 gary_ ok, will do. thank you for the assistance. need to head to work now.
11:21 Callender joined #koha
11:22 mtj your missing config file tells mysql-restore what your db name is
11:22 mtj …  but you can just run mysql with that info, manually
11:24 tcohen joined #koha
11:37 jwagner joined #koha
11:39 jcamins_away mtj: what are the new repos?
11:39 jcamins_away (on github)
11:39 mtj i'm doing some 'spring-cleaning', sorry
11:40 jcamins No problem. I'm just curious what they are.
11:40 mtj i accidentality pushed some of my dev branches to github, so i'm doing a mv/cp/clone task
11:40 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Revert "Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 9 perlcritic violations in C4/" <[…]dbad5878799798a01>
11:41 jcamins Ah.
11:41 laurence joined #koha
11:42 jenkins_koha Starting build #850 for job Koha_master (previous build: FAILURE -- last SUCCESS #848 3 hr 14 min ago)
11:42 nengard joined #koha
11:45 mtompset joined #koha
11:45 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
11:46 mtompset Any ideas on how to add a banner at the top of the staff client login screen without tampering with the templates?
11:47 jcamins mtompset: jQuery.
11:47 kf css maybe too
11:47 kf you can add background images to elements
11:47 kf depends on where it should go
11:47 mtj jcamins, all finished now… :)
11:48 mtompset Well, I discovered that the IntranetCSS does NOT happen for the login page.
11:48 mtompset Though the color stylesheet does.
11:48 kf mtompset: hm I think maybe file a bug for that
11:48 mtompset I do think the js one happens on the login screen.
11:50 paul_p jenkins should not be breaked anymore...
11:51 paul_p mtj = spring cleaning ? you must be wrong, it's automn cleaning :D :D
11:55 mtj paul_p, very pretty :) ->[…]ha/commits/master
11:57 khall hey all, are there any docs anywhere on how to make sure ICU is configured correctly for Koha? I'm not having much luck.
11:57 jcamins Bug 8726 is split into two.
11:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8726 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Did you mean? plugin for broader/narrower/related terms
11:58 jcamins khall: Ian wrote a guide which you should have somewhere in Google Docs, but I don't know of any public guide.
12:00 khall I have a library which is having trouble with the character ů. It's in etc/zebradb/etc/word-phrase-utf.chr so I'm not sure what the problem is.
12:00 khall jcamins: thanks!
12:00 jcamins khall: I bet I know what the issue is. Records downloaded from OCLC?
12:00 jcamins The records are not NFC-normalized.
12:01 khall I'm not sure, I'd have to check. Assuming that is true, what's the solution?
12:01 jcamins And the character is being treated as "u ".
12:01 jcamins should do the trick.
12:01 khall jcamins, thanks again!
12:02 jcamins (but I'd recommend running it in chunks on a production system)
12:02 jcamins You're welcome.
12:05 khall the keyword Martinu gives 35 results, whereas the keyword Martinů gives 145. That sounds like the inverse of what you are describing.
12:05 jcamins o.O
12:05 samuel joined #koha
12:05 samuel hi to all
12:06 jcamins In that case... maybe you already have ICU on and it is searching for "Martinu." and they have a lot of Romanian?
12:06 jcamins ^^ that's kind of far out
12:06 khall ICU is enabled in the system prefs, but I don't know how to check to see if it is *really* enabled. This is a new area for me.
12:07 jcamins Check in zebra-biblio[-dom].cfg. It will either say icuchains or... something else.
12:08 samuel i've a question for debian expert with koha. I am on an koha install on debian and when i do ./ -m -u, some modules are required but all of them are installed
12:09 samuel DateTime                                      0 *               0.58                    Yes
12:09 oleonard joined #koha
12:09 khall jcamins, the letters 'icu' are nowhere in zebra-biblios.cfg
12:09 oleonard Hi #koha
12:11 khall hi oleonard!
12:11 khall samuel, maybe your perl path isn't including them?
12:15 jcamins khall: I'm out of ideas, I think.
12:15 TTG joined #koha
12:15 * jcamins heads into the city.
12:16 khall I think I may have been barking up the wrong tree. ů̊̊̊̊̊̊̊̊ is in word-phrase-utf.chr, but the character I'm looking for is ů. They look the same or different depending on what program/editor I'm using
12:17 khall vi doesn't find a match, so I think I need to submit a patch for word-phrase-utf.chr
12:18 mtompset How do you know DateTime is installed?
12:18 TTG Hi.. I need to include "remainder of title" while generating booklist .. there is no option under build new report
12:18 mtompset Wow, it's busy tonight.
12:18 khall thanks for the help jamins!
12:19 khall jcamins, that is!
12:19 samuel mtompset: i've tried with deb package
12:19 mtompset But how do you know you have the debian package installed for DateTime?
12:20 mtompset How did you install it?
12:20 khall samuel, what do you get if you run "updatedb && locate"?
12:20 samuel i've tried apt-get install libdatetime-perl
12:20 khall updatedb needs to be run as root, i believe
12:20 samuel khali: yes
12:22 mtompset Who here is a jquery user with some experience? I can't seem to get my jquery to work properly.
12:22 TTG Hi.. I need to include "remainder of title" while generating booklist .. there is no option under build new report
12:22 oleonard What are you trying to do mtompset?
12:22 mtompset insert some HTML code without modifying a template file.
12:23 mtompset Hmm... firebug console says I forgot a ;... let me try again.
12:23 mtj mtompset, use jquery
12:23 mtompset I'm trying, but I don't know jquery.
12:24 mtj ^^ ah, ok - didnt see above … :)
12:24 mtompset $(document).ready( function() { $('<blah>').insertBefore("#doc") ) )
12:24 mtompset Need to fix a ; first.
12:25 oleonard At the end mtompset
12:25 gaetan_B TTG: try using csv export profiles instead
12:25 gaetan_B TTG: if remainder of title is not mapped to a database field you will not be able to export it via reports
12:26 oleonard mtompset: Can you tell use exactly what you're trying to do?
12:26 TTG how do i use csv export profiles?
12:26 mtompset put a banner at the top of the login page on the staff client.
12:27 druthb joined #koha
12:27 mtompset I think I got it. Woo hoo!
12:27 mtompset Now whether #doc is unique to the login page is another problem.
12:28 oleonard $("#login").before("<div>Foo</div>");
12:28 mtompset before or insertbefore?
12:28 oleonard mtompset: #doc is an ID used by the staff client's grid layout, it's not unique to that page
12:28 oleonard mtompset: before worked for me
12:29 gaetan_B TTG: you can set up the fields that you want to export in tools/CSV profiles (in the right column)
12:29 mtompset With my login_controls patch, that should become unique. ;)
12:29 mtompset Okay, I'll tweak it like that.
12:30 gaetan_B then when you have made a list of books you can export it in one of the profiles you defined (this implies making a list of these books in the interface) it might not fit your need but that's a solution. Otherwise you will need to map the marc field you want to a database field (make sure it's not used) but that could be tricky on a production system
12:30 TTG thnks gaetan_B
12:31 oleonard mtompset: "#main_auth #login" if you're on an unpatched system
12:38 oleonard Hm, Equinox's "HEAD" demo ([…]a_Demo_Databases) looks like it's a little behind
12:40 tcohen joined #koha
12:41 magnuse - oops
12:43 laurence joined #koha
12:46 mtompset oleonard++ # all hail the UI king. ;)
12:48 edveal joined #koha
12:48 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #850: NOW UNSTABLE in 1 hr 6 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/850/
12:48 jenkins_koha Paul Poulain: Revert "Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 9 perlcritic violations in C4/"
12:48 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6679 minor, P1 - high, ---, mtj, ASSIGNED , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
12:51 reiveune1 joined #koha
12:52 oleonard What did we have, a few hours during which Jenkins was happy?
12:53 tcohen morning #koha
12:54 magnuse ohnoes
12:55 * oleonard is off to a meeting, back later
12:55 paul_p oleonard yep. and he will be again in an hour, I hope ;-)
12:57 jenkins_koha Starting build #851 for job Koha_master (previous build: NOW UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #848 4 hr 29 min ago)
12:59 mtompset greetings, tcohen.
12:59 tcohen hi mtompset
13:00 mtompset I now am getting our system all nicely styled the proper way without modifying templates. YAY!
13:01 magnuse mtompset++
13:01 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Revert "Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 2 perlcritic violations in C4/Installer/PerlModul... <[…]66ef7c133044b8279> / Bug 8692: Authorities search form does not correspond to current search query <[…]6c847fd80412094c0>
13:01 mtompset With oleonard's help, i have a working banner. Now to add the footer. :)
13:08 drojf joined #koha
13:09 NateC joined #koha
13:10 magnuse hooray for NateC!
13:11 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_8606' <[…]34441ae93ed935316> / Bug 8606 - Talking Tech broken by user-configurable slips feature - QA Followup <[…]e596a83b4ba598702> / Bug 8606 - Talking Tech broken by Bug 7001 <
13:12 NateC Morning magnuse!
13:13 paul_p NateC = no more morning for us ;-)
13:13 paul_p NateC & Ma= why hooray for NateC ?
13:13 magnuse NateC: yeah, we have been celebrating for hours already :-)
13:13 magnuse paul_p: it's his birthday!
13:13 NateC heh awesome you got a head start on me!
13:14 NateC just call me gramps from now on
13:14 paul_p so... Hooray for your parents NateC ;-) (you're not responsible for being born ;-) )
13:14 NateC magnuse: Thank you for the birthday wishes!
13:14 druthb paul_p++
13:14 drojf he's responsible for getting out on that date :D
13:14 paul_p NateC = happy birthday NateC !
13:15 drojf happy birthday NateC
13:15 NateC paul_p, actually it was me as a little spermie that won the race
13:15 paul_p drojf = maybe not even responsible for that (my wife is a mid-wife, in some french hospitals, more than 30% of births are medically started...)
13:16 drojf 30%? wow, i did not know that it is so much
13:16 paul_p drojf = in some hospitals, fortunately not all !
13:17 paul_p drojf = some tend to do that to better manage their plannings :( :( :(
13:17 magnuse ~15% in norway
13:17 * paul_p playing with bug 8215
13:17 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8215 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Add Course Reserves
13:17 drojf paul_p: being born into a world full of deadlines, why not have your birthday be a deadline too lol
13:19 trea joined #koha
13:27 kf hi druthb
13:28 jcamins Oops, missed one patch in squashing 8276.
13:29 libsysguy joined #koha
13:30 * jcamins will resquash in a momnet.
13:30 jcamins *moment
13:31 magnuse momnet - the internet censored by your mom :-)
13:31 jcamins lol
13:34 kf lol
13:40 paul_p lol
13:40 jcamins What sort of silly firewall blocks
13:42 drojf a firewall set up by bugs?
13:42 jcamins lol
13:42 jcamins Also the one I'm behind.
13:50 druthb joined #koha
13:50 asaurat joined #koha
13:50 wajasu joined #koha
13:50 mtj joined #koha
13:50 thd-away` joined #koha
13:50 sijobl joined #koha
13:50 matts joined #koha
13:50 rangi joined #koha
13:50 tcohen joined #koha
13:50 mtompset joined #koha
13:50 tweetbot` joined #koha
13:50 huginn joined #koha
13:50 lamiette joined #koha
13:50 slef joined #koha
13:50 liw joined #koha
13:50 magnuse a firewall sponsored by proprietary ils vendors?
13:51 maximep joined #koha
13:51 libsysguy joined #koha
13:51 trea joined #koha
13:51 reiveune1 joined #koha
13:51 edveal joined #koha
13:51 nengard joined #koha
13:51 Callender joined #koha
13:51 bornie21 joined #koha
13:51 alex_a1 joined #koha
13:51 chris_n joined #koha
13:51 fredy joined #koha
13:51 julian_m joined #koha
13:51 sophie_m joined #koha
13:51 santy joined #koha
13:51 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:51 wahanui joined #koha
13:51 halcyonCorsair joined #koha
13:51 khall joined #koha
13:51 ibeardslee joined #koha
13:51 senator joined #koha
13:51 janPasi joined #koha
13:51 bag joined #koha
13:51 jcamins joined #koha
13:51 jenkins_koha joined #koha
13:51 dpavlin_ joined #koha
13:51 cjh joined #koha
13:52 jwagner joined #koha
13:52 pastebot joined #koha
13:52 kf oh wow
13:52 mtompset That was a blip!
13:52 drojf weeeeeeeeeeee
13:52 mtompset You missed the h. ;)
13:53 * druthb gets out the Velcro, passes it around for everyone.
13:53 * kf takes some and says thank you
13:56 talljoy joined #koha
13:58 tcohen paul_p, do u remember where the SolR indexer script was?
13:58 tcohen (biblibre git? or master?)
13:59 jcamins tcohen: there's a script in master, I think.
13:59 jcamins Wouldn't be very useful if we couldn't index solr-based catalogs. ;)
13:59 laurence joined #koha
13:59 tcohen exactly
14:01 libsysguy joined #koha
14:03 wajasu how does one run perlcritic?
14:03 khall if a subroutine exists in a C4 perl module, but is not used anywhere in Koha, what should be done with it? Delete it? Mark it as deprecated? The sub in question is C4::Overdues::CreateItemAccountLine. It doesn't even seem like it should belong in that pm.
14:03 jcamins khall: I'd think it should be nuked from orbit.
14:04 kf but only if we are very sure it's notused please... tho with that name..
14:04 jcamins Right.
14:04 khall that's what I was thinking. Thanks for the second opinion ; )
14:04 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
14:04 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #851: FIXED in 1 hr 7 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/851/
14:04 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: Bug 8692: Authorities search form does not correspond to current search query
14:04 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Revert "Bug 6679 - [SIGNED-OFF] fix 2 perlcritic violations in C4/Installer/"
14:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8692 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , Authorities search form does not correspond to current search query
14:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6679 minor, P1 - high, ---, mtj, ASSIGNED , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
14:04 khall git grep says it's not referenced anywhere else
14:05 jcamins khall: I'd take a look at git blame, see if there's any hint what it was intended for.
14:05 jenkins_koha Starting build #852 for job Koha_master (previous build: FIXED)
14:05 khall i did, the last time the lines were touched was in 2009 when joe atz perltidy'd it.
14:06 jcamins Hm.
14:06 kf hm there should be history before that
14:06 jcamins git blame [that commit]^ -- [that file]
14:07 kf neat trick :)
14:10 khall hdl, Adding Circualtion and Overdues modules in 2007
14:11 tcohen[…]abc84f2eb9db2e83a
14:11 tcohen that was it jcamins
14:12 jcamins tcohen: not misc/migration_tools/
14:15 tcohen no, that's the tool to reindex
14:15 tcohen the one i pointed is an indexqueue daemon
14:15 tcohen (start, stop, restart, status, etC)
14:16 jcamins Ohhh.
14:16 jcamins I see.
14:26 khall joined #koha
14:30 laurence left #koha
14:31 sophie_m joined #koha
14:45 oleonard joined #koha
14:47 rambutan joined #koha
14:52 mtompset Okay... I am quite happy with the progress in styling I made tonight.
14:54 * chris_n finds it irritating that large corporations assume everyone does homage to M$
14:55 mtompset You mean the latest version of Koha doesn't run under Windows. ;)
14:55 mtompset Sorry of that is a bad hot button to press.
14:55 mtompset ^of^if^
14:56 jcamins Actually, chris_n got it working.
14:56 * jcamins shakes his head at chris_n's insanity.
14:56 mtompset It's not insanity. It's pushing the envelope.
14:56 chris_n the edge... its all about the edge
14:57 chris_n actually that was about thumbing the nose at redmond
14:57 mtompset Obviously, chris_n didn't fall too far down off the edge. ;)
14:58 chris_n I was initially thinking of the fact that our telco provider insists on sending line studies to us in a M$ word format which is obliterated when imported into LO
14:58 chris_n but its nothing a little perl script can't fix :-)
14:59 wajasu does anyone know how one should code    eval { require "$FindBin::Bin/../" };     which is in all the .pl scripts?  it violated a perlcritic test and paul_p suggested a bareword be used.
14:59 mtompset Would you prefer them to send it in PDF with a CD that installs Adobe? ;)
14:59 mtompset -- on windows, of course. ;)
15:00 jcamins wajasu: I do not, sorry.
15:00 mtompset I would be interested in knowing the solution, but sorry, I do not either.
15:00 wajasu i can't find an instance of how.  no problem.
15:00 oleonard Quote from the meeting I was just at: "You want a copy of that email? Let me print it out and fax it to you."
15:01 jcamins oleonard: awesome!
15:01 mtompset Lord help them!
15:01 jcamins wajasu: why did that violate a perlcritic test?
15:02 wajasu look at last comment in bug 8687
15:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8687 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fcapovilla, Failed QA , Improvements in
15:02 mtompset Perhaps they don't know about forwarding, oleonard.
15:03 oleonard mtompset: Yeah, but just wait til this email thing catches on.
15:03 jcamins wajasu: I don't think you can avoid that.
15:03 wajasu yeah. future effort.
15:08 reiveune1 bye
15:08 reiveune1 left #koha
15:11 mtompset I don't see how the bug you listed links back to your $FindBin mess, wajasu
15:12 jcamins mtompset: last comment.
15:13 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #852: SUCCESS in 1 hr 7 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/852/
15:13 jenkins_koha * koha: Bug 8606 - Talking Tech broken by Bug 7001
15:13 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 8606 - Talking Tech broken by user-configurable slips feature - QA Followup
15:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8606 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Master , Talking Tech broken by user-configurable slips feature
15:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7001 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , User Configurable Slips
15:13 wajasu mtompset: the last comment about "require"     its  using a string that uses $FindBin ...     and its probably considerd bad practice.
15:16 * jcamins remembers why card catalogs are awful.
15:17 jcamins People walk away with the cards, and you're left with the knowledge that a particular book is in the collection, but no idea where it might be.
15:17 oleonard Who walks away with cards from the catalog?
15:17 oleonard Librarians who should know better?
15:19 jcamins oleonard: yup.
15:20 jcamins Also, shifting projects become major problems because no one has mechanical erasers anymore, so locations aren't updated.
15:25 mtj wajasu, im not sure about that perlcritic error either :/
15:25 mtj i bumped into it a few days ago, and put it on the too-hard pile
15:26 mtj (i was planning to ask others if there was a copy/paste fix for it, already)
15:27 mtompset
15:28 mtompset Perhaps a push @INC,"$FindBin::Bin/..";
15:28 mtompset and then just require koha whatever it was?
15:28 mtompset well, eval require, but you should get my meaning.
15:29 mtj oleonard, my favourite librarian peeve is the habit of embedding screenshots for bug reports… in a word doc?! :p
15:29 mtompset Because they only want to send you one file.
15:29 mtompset They haven't learned about zip yet.
15:30 mtompset Or even how to save a screen shot to a JPG using mspaint under Windows. ;)
15:31 oleonard mtj I hate that one too but I'm also more forgiving because that's outside the normal arena of their work
15:32 mtompset What do you think of that idea, wajasu?
15:32 mtj yeah yeah, i can understand why it happens… make a screenshot on winstupid has always been a bitch
15:34 NguyenQuocUy joined #koha
15:35 mtj … emails with huge 10mb  .bmp screenshot files
15:36 mtompset Ah, they don't know about alt+prtscrn. ;)
15:39 chris_n word_doc--
15:39 wizzyrea Jing.
15:39 wizzyrea JING.
15:39 wizzyrea or screencast or whatever it is now
15:41 wajasu mtj: you helped with bug 6030
15:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6030 enhancement, P3, ---, stephane.delaune, Failed QA , Allow for html in letters in overdue notices
15:41 wajasu right ?
15:41 JoeLib001 joined #koha
15:42 mtj looks like it
15:42 wahanui i heard looks like it was a replicate of /usr/share/koha/misc
15:42 brylie joined #koha
15:43 wajasu if that Bug-6030-follow-up  patch can be made to apply, I'll sign off and we can get this back into QA hopefully.
15:47 mtj ok, nice one - ill have a look a bit later today
15:50 kf left #koha
15:51 mtompset wizzyrea: Yes, it is jing. I did a google search. I would say googled it, but I don't want them to be as powerful as a verb. ;)
15:51 * mtompset waves. Have a good day (24 hour period), #koha.
15:51 oleonard You could always Bing Jing instead
15:52 mtompset But would you find Bo Jangles if you Bing Jing?
15:55 oleonard Wow am I doing something wrong? Tons of errors from running "perl translate install fr-CA"
15:57 oleonard Use of uninitialized value $key in hash element at /usr/share/perl5/Locale/ line 466, <IN> line 96457.
15:59 nengard I'm working on the manual today for all the new stuff pushed to 3.10
15:59 nengard can someone tell me if  AgeRestrictionMarker  is looking for an item type? what are those values - it says 'marc field' but doesn't say which one
15:59 paul_p pfffewwww... bug 8215 failed QA after a long & extensive testing !
15:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8215 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Failed QA , Add Course Reserves
16:00 paul_p nengard = the AgeRestrictionMarker is looking in a MARC field
16:00 melia joined #koha
16:00 nengard yes ? which marc field?
16:00 nengard any feild you want?
16:00 paul_p nengard let me a second to find which one....
16:00 oleonard nengard: Does the bug report help nengard? Bug 7621
16:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7621 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, veron, Pushed to Master , Circulation: Match age restriction of title with borrower's age without using categories
16:00 nengard it says 'FSK, PEGI ? what are those?
16:01 paul_p nengard =[…]ug.cgi?id=7621#c5
16:01 huginn Bug 7621: enhancement, P1 - high, ---, veron, Pushed to Master , Circulation: Match age restriction of title with borrower's age without using categories
16:01 trea left #koha
16:01 nengard paul_p and oleonard, reading now
16:01 paul_p nengard Note that Restrictions on Access are recorded in 506 in MARC21. UNIMARC 333
16:01 nengard i do think that pref needs the wording changed a bit to make it clearer, which i can do once i read this and figure out what's going on
16:02 * oleonard consoles libsysguy
16:02 libsysguy thanks oleonard
16:05 asaurat left #koha
16:20 ago43 joined #koha
16:31 cait joined #koha
16:43 libsysguy joined #koha
16:54 gaetan_B hey cait, tell me, what do you think of the translability of printed basket groups ? am i missing something or is it pretty bad ?
16:55 jcamins gaetan_B: very bad.
16:55 cait gaetan_B: it's untranslatable :(
16:56 gaetan_B :( well i don't have any constructive suggestions, sorry
16:56 jcamins gaetan_B: at least you were right... right? :)
16:56 gaetan_B ah yes :d
16:58 gaetan_B i'm finiding myself telling this library "well, you could change this .pm script. JUST DONT DO IT"
16:59 gaetan_B anyway, time to stop complaining and go for diner :)
17:00 gaetan_B bye #koha !
17:02 Shane-S joined #koha
17:03 Shane-S hi all, anyone know how I can make the server access https:// connections, firefox keeps change the URLs to https:// for people and they say the site isn't working
17:03 Shane-S I try chrome and it works fine, and I can't load it via https://IP in FFx, but http://IP works in FFx
17:04 Shane-S or even redirect them to back to http://
17:04 drojf left #koha
17:25 tcohen does anyone know if using z39.l50 to get UNIMARC records into a MRC21 koha works?
17:25 tcohen looks like z3950NormalizeAuthor and z3950AuthorAuthFields break the import
17:27 cait no it won't work
17:27 cait the formats are too different
17:27 cait marcelr was experimenting with a crosswalk
17:28 tcohen ok cait, so bug 5333 is still present, and people should be warned or the syspref set to a default and hidden, right?
17:28 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5333 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Undefined value stops import from z39.50
17:29 cait I am sorry
17:29 cait not sure I can follow
17:29 cait ah
17:30 cait I think adding a warning and make sure it's preset correctly should probalby work?
17:30 cait we normally don't hide them
17:31 tcohen having this syspref there is like having a button to break Koha
17:32 wajasu cait: do you want me to test 8415 followup?   does that address the neworderempty forcein on to create items? or will that be another bug?
17:34 cait wajasu: thx for the offer
17:34 cait but I am a bit stuck on it right now :(
17:34 cait I will try to fix it tonight... if that doesn't work
17:34 cait it will be too late
17:35 cait I fixed several problems and kept running into more
17:35 wajasu ok.
17:36 rambutan Shane-S: did you get an answer off main chat?
17:39 khall joined #koha
17:42 wajasu if something FailedQA, but one of the patches doesn't apply now, can I change it to PatchDoesn't apply?
17:42 slef wajasu: IMO yes BICBW :)
17:42 wajasu ok
17:43 jcamins BICBW?
17:43 wahanui BICBW is But I Could Be Wrong
17:45 bag heh I read that a bit different
17:46 * jcamins got "But I Can't Be" then got stuck on the W.
17:47 maximep I noticed the zebra .cfg in 3.8 now use variables like "__ZEBRA_LOCK_DIR__". Are those env variables ?
17:47 maximep where do you define them
17:47 wajasu But Its Chris's Best Wish
17:48 jcamins maximep: no, those are set by the installer.
17:48 maximep hmmm
17:48 maximep I updated my instance, so didnt use the installer
17:49 jcamins maximep: the installer is for updating too.
17:50 maximep o_O
17:50 maximep didnt know that
17:50 jcamins The .cfg files have always had __ZEBRA_LOCK_DIR__ and the like.
17:50 jcamins There are very few absolute paths.
17:51 maximep are you sure ? hmmm maybe we hardcoded them ourself
17:51 maximep weird
17:51 Shane-S rambutan: No
17:52 Shane-S can someone test something for me....
17:52 jcamins maximep: yes, I'm sure. The installer fills those variables in.
17:52 maximep you mean it writes them directly in the files ?
17:52 jcamins maximep: and I can tell you with certainty that dates back at least to 3.0.
17:52 Shane-S in FireFox when I go to it is failing, and it changes for me to https://
17:52 jcamins maximep: yes. The files in git do not use absolute paths.
17:52 maximep aaaaaaaaaaah ok
17:53 jcamins maximep: the installer changes the placeholders to absolute paths.
17:53 maximep that explains everything. Thanks!
17:53 Shane-S can anyone confirm it is doing that?
17:54 jcamins Shane-S: HTTP doesn't work at all for me, and it does not redirect.
17:54 jcamins HTTPS requests that I log in to Sonicwall.
17:55 Shane-S k ty, now I have to figure out why
17:55 Shane-S for me it just kept changing the URL to https:// and saying failed connection
17:56 jcamins Shane-S: did you exit FF? FF gets stuck occasionally with a stale error.
17:56 JoeLib001 Am I supposed to run "git commit -a" or "git format-patch master" and not "git commit -a" and then "git format-patch master"?
17:57 jcamins JoeLib001: git commit -a will commit *all* your changes.
17:58 jcamins git format-patch master will prepare patch files against master.
17:58 JoeLib001 So, to create a patch file to attach to a bug, I should have used git format-patch master. Instead of running git commit -a?
17:59 jcamins You have to do both.
17:59 maximep you have to commit the changes before you can generate a patch
17:59 jcamins Well, git commit -a is a little dangerous.
17:59 jcamins But you do have to do a commit first.
17:59 maximep not if you know what youre doing :P
17:59 JoeLib001 When I ran git format-patch master it didn't do anything.
18:00 Shane-S jcamins: can you try again, I get an SSL error now then
18:00 Shane-S Chrome works for me http:// firefox keeps changing it to https and giving me an SSL error
18:00 maximep youre certificate is for
18:00 maximep *your
18:01 maximep and is self signed... because it's the one from sonicwall
18:01 maximep of course
18:01 Shane-S maximep: if you are getting that, its the Sonicwall, so your aren't hitting my reverse proxy for the library server
18:01 jcamins Both work fine for me.
18:01 jcamins Shane-S: wait, https wasn't supposed to show me Sonicwall?
18:01 maximep lol
18:01 jcamins In that case, HTTPS isn't working.
18:02 jcamins I thought that was the desired behavior.
18:02 Shane-S well its fine, just on my end I can;t get the HTTP to work in FFx
18:02 jcamins Try it with FF on a different computer?
18:03 Shane-S jcamins: yeah I want that so I can remotely make changes :P, but on my side (in the building) neither is working in FireFox
18:03 Shane-S yeah I am going to, but my librarian reported no access, and I have all the systems using FFx :(
18:03 jcamins Ah.
18:03 jcamins Ummm...
18:03 jcamins Do you use httpsalways or some sort of plugin?
18:04 Shane-S no that is the issue...FFx just started doing that, was working fine prior
18:04 Shane-S I am going to restart my FFx and be back (using web irc)
18:06 Shane-S joined #koha
18:08 Shane-S *sigh* FFx 15.0.1 re-loaded and when I do it changes to https://
18:08 Shane-S and to the library I go to see if that is happening there
18:12 Shane-S checked on system running 7.01 and worked...hunt continues
18:13 drojf joined #koha
18:13 drojf good evening
18:14 Shane-S okay 15.0.1 seems to be the problem, anyone running that?
18:14 * jcamins
18:14 jcamins (is)
18:15 jcamins But on OSX.
18:15 Shane-S ahh...let me get my MacBook Pro out and check
18:15 Shane-S good thinking jcamins :)
18:16 Shane-S okay now I am "pissed"...PC version only is doing it
18:17 Shane-S my whole library is PC only...I have no work around :(
18:18 maximep 15.0.1 here... on linux
18:18 Shane-S anyone have a PC with FFx 15.0.1 that I can have try
18:18 Shane-S maximep: worked for you right?
18:18 maximep yes
18:19 maximep I can try on windows in a min
18:19 Shane-S awesome if you can, just need to know if it definitely FFx or something maybe the sonicwall is doing inside the building
18:19 mveron joined #koha
18:20 maximep works fine in windows
18:20 maximep both in ff 11 and 15
18:20 * jcamins enjoys the pained "urrrrrrrkkkkk" sound of his laptop trying to start Windows 7 in a VM.
18:20 cait lol
18:20 mveron hi #koha
18:20 Shane-S just curious why only FFx is having this http -> https conversion
18:21 Shane-S *gasp* checking in IE
18:21 Shane-S IE worked....stayed as http://
18:22 Shane-S now I have to figure out what is making FFx do this https:// thing on my systems
18:23 mtj Shane-S, firepig works for me on 15.01-osx, ftw
18:23 jcamins Also works fine on FF 3.6.26 under Windows 7.
18:23 oleonard mveron: Your latest patch on Bug 8600 doesn't apply for me
18:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8600 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pelletiermaxime, Needs Signoff , Remove search terms in advanced search
18:24 mveron Oh..
18:24 maximep oh but I really like it, mveron++
18:24 maximep once it applies :p
18:24 mveron Thanks :-)
18:24 jcamins Updating FF in the VM was going to be too much for my poor laptop.
18:24 tcohen should useDaysMode=nextDayOpen be taken into account when hard due dates are used? (the librarians incorrectly specify a holiday as hard due date)
18:24 mveron Will have a look
18:24 maximep jcamins you need a SSD
18:24 maximep vm is booting in 5 secs =)
18:26 jcamins maximep: it's not the HD that's the problem.
18:26 jcamins It's the RAM.
18:27 tcohen any thoughts on my question?
18:27 Shane-S joined #koha
18:27 jcamins tcohen: I think it does not respect useDaysMode.
18:28 tcohen i doesn't
18:28 jcamins tcohen: however, it seem to me it should.
18:28 tcohen i'm trying to figure out if it is a bug or a feature
18:28 jcamins Oh!
18:28 tcohen rigt
18:28 jcamins Bug.
18:28 maximep SSDs are so fast that they barely slow down when they swap :P
18:28 tcohen ok, i'll fill a bug
18:28 maximep well, maybe not on a laptop
18:29 gary_ left #koha
18:29 jcamins maximep: but if you swap to an SSD, don't you shorten its lifespan dramatically?
18:29 Shane-S okay somehow its is the cache or other area...I checked all boxes and picked everything
18:30 Shane-S let me go try that on the librarians system
18:30 tcohen my old xps (c2d) is so fast with an ssd that I decided not to buy a new one
18:30 JoeLib001 For some reason "git format-patch mater" isn't working. When I run "git show" it shows the commit that I have run.
18:30 maximep my SSD is 3 years old by now and it's still running fines
18:31 Shane-S I did that for a client of mine, he has a Pentium D that runs faster then my Six-core AMD, because of the SSD
18:31 jcamins JoeLib001: try: git format-patch origin/master
18:31 maximep even if that first generation is knows to be not reliable at all
18:31 Shane-S it is like the dirty little secret PCs are slow because of the drives
18:31 maximep did I type fines ? do much koha for me
18:31 maximep *too
18:32 JoeLib001 jcamins: That worked! :-)
18:32 JoeLib001 Thanks.
18:33 tcohen jcamins, if a librarian specifies a due date on the circ screen, does it override a hard due date
18:33 tcohen ?
18:34 jcamins tcohen: I'm not sure, actually.
18:35 cait it should I think... override everything
18:35 cait but that's ore a feeling not knowing
18:35 Shane-S okay just an FYI for anyone with a complex network setup (firewall, reverse proxy, servers) if Firefox is throwing errors and the URL is changing to HTTPS clear EVERYTHING
18:36 jcamins Shane-S: that fixed it?
18:36 Shane-S Thank god I didn't have to figure out how to setup SSL redirection with ports and such was hard enough getting URLs port mapped
18:37 tcohen cait, jcamins the stickyduedate overrides every other config
18:37 tcohen SpecifyDueDate needs to be set thou
18:37 Shane-S jcamins: Yeah, though watching become in the address bar didn't make me think "Cache"
18:37 Shane-S Was more of a "why not" option
18:37 tcohen it doesnt ask Koha::Calendar for validity
18:38 jcamins Shane-S: the weirdest things get cached.
18:39 jcamins Shane-S: the first URL that Chrome suggests on the NExpress catalog somehow has cached *something* that means that all of the links lead to syntax errors.
18:40 jcamins The page itself works fine.
18:40 jcamins And it seems to be hitting the server.
18:40 Shane-S jcamins: yeah, sometimes simpler was better, never had this issue back in FFx 1&2 days :P
18:40 jcamins And I have had confirmation from wizzyrea that the NExpress catalog does actually work.
18:41 jcamins :)
18:41 Shane-S Yeah problem was I wasn't even in building so they couldn't checkout books all day
18:41 * mveron rebased Bug 8600 and hopes that nothing was pushed in the last couple of minutes  :-)
18:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8600 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pelletiermaxime, Needs Signoff , Remove search terms in advanced search
18:41 rambutan joined #koha
18:41 Shane-S whats is the NExpress catalog?
18:41 JoeLib001 Can I edit my comment in the bug tracker, if I found a typo?
18:42 JoeLib001 I don't see an option to edit it. ;-)
18:42 oleonard You can't, sorry
18:42 wizzyrea it's the catalog for the Northeast Kansas Library System
18:42 JoeLib001 Hehe.
18:42 wizzyrea
18:42 wizzyrea NExpress is
18:42 wizzyrea nexpress?
18:42 wahanui nexpress is
18:42 JoeLib001 I updated Bug 8680.
18:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8680 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Z39.50 searches for ISBN/ISSN problematic in the Acquistions Module
18:42 * jcamins uses it for examples of what records at public libraries look like.
18:43 wizzyrea strange, weird, and often messy. ;)
18:43 jcamins Exactly.
18:43 Shane-S *raises hand* Umm how did you make an app? I assume it just takes you to a mobile version?
18:44 wizzyrea no, we use library anywhere
18:44 jcamins Oh, I didn't realize you used Library Anywhere.
18:44 wizzyrea yep
18:44 wizzyrea for now
18:44 * Shane-S admits not much looking or knowldge
18:44 wizzyrea until we get the mobile CSS
18:46 Shane-S ah, I have to look into an app for our site at some point, or maybe just making a mobile version
18:46 jcamins Shane-S: no! Bad! No "making a mobile version"! *Share* the mobile version.
18:46 jcamins ^^ sory, kneejerk reaction
18:47 jcamins Shane-S: the good news is, there's now a mobile interface.
18:47 Shane-S jcamins: lol I meant for out website, not the library :P
18:47 Shane-S our*
18:47 jcamins Shane-S: ah. Don't think Library Anywhere would help you at all with that.
18:47 Shane-S You kidding I *just* got the library into the 20th century :)
18:48 wizzyrea well, it can do some pretty awesome stuff
18:48 wizzyrea it can pull in news from RSS
18:48 wizzyrea and events
18:48 wizzyrea it could technically function as a complete library mobile app
18:50 Shane-S My next challenge is to get the librarian to USE the 15 desktops ...I.E. let me kids search for a book!
18:50 Shane-S She still has them come to her desk and "ASK" if she has a book
18:50 Shane-S I know they kids can do it, they all have email, use Google Docs, Take online tests, and "illegally" facebook!
18:50 wizzyrea O.o perhaps she feels this is job security
18:51 Shane-S well I sure as hell don't want her it isn't something going away...who else is going to manage the actual books and inventory
18:51 jcamins Mrs. George Jackman has a flower named after her!
18:52 wizzyrea you must be in a school.
18:52 wizzyrea i really feel for school librarians - school boards, principals, and superintendants don't get their necessity
18:52 wizzyrea so they replace degreed librarians with paras
18:53 wizzyrea and that's ok - but then they decide the paras aren't necessary either, so then it's just a self serve library, with no one to educate the kids on how to use the library
18:53 wizzyrea or how to find good information
18:54 wizzyrea or how to differentiate between a good source and a bad source
18:54 jcamins Am I the only who thinks that calling a flower "Mrs" is a bit odd?
18:54 wizzyrea ^^ all things I learned from *my* school librarians, btw.
18:54 JoeLib001 Hehe.
18:54 JoeLib001 Don't worry. All they need to know about is wikipedia. ;-)
18:55 jcamins wizzyrea: I'm glad they taught you about the Clematis, 'cause I sure had never heard of it.
18:55 wizzyrea hehe
18:55 wizzyrea we have clematis all over the place here.
18:55 jcamins But do you have _Mrs. George Jackson_ clematis?
18:55 wizzyrea hmm, probably.
18:55 wizzyrea we have many kinds.
18:56 * wizzyrea will not admit to any deficiency in Kansas, except maybe apologize for our ridiculous governor.
18:56 wizzyrea …and legislature
18:57 wizzyrea we used to be calm, steady, staunch progressives, wth happened.
18:57 jcamins I can't even figure out what her name was.
18:57 jcamins No one appears to have cared.
18:57 wizzyrea are you cataloguing plants?
18:58 wizzyrea aside - plants in MARC format? you must be mad.
18:58 jcamins No, books about plants.
18:58 jcamins And actually there's a seed library using Koha.
18:59 jcamins Huh. George Jackman was single-handedly responsible for destroying the clematis industry by introducing a cultivar that was not resistant to clematis wilt which crowded out the earlier cultivars.
18:59 drojf seed library? like a floral sperm bank? on koha? that's so cool
18:59 jcamins drojf: yeah. Someone mentioned it.
19:00 wizzyrea "floral sperm bank" - that's a keeper.
19:01 jcamins wizzyrea: accurate, though.
19:01 wizzyrea sometimes accuracy is the funniest of all possible funnies.
19:02 oleonard technically correct--the best kind of correct
19:03 * oleonard waves goodbye
19:10 * wizzyrea wonders if the talk of "floral sperm banks" made everyone disappear
19:14 drojf you mean, thinking of nude flowers and stuff? :D
19:14 * wizzyrea muses that all flowers are nude
19:15 mandrake לְכָה דוֹדִי נֵצֵא הַשָּׂדֶה, נָלִינָה בַּכְּפָרִים.נַשְׁכִּימָה, לַכְּרָמִים--נִרְאֶה אִם-פָּרְחָה הַגֶּפֶן פִּתַּח הַסְּמָדַר, הֵנֵצוּ הָרִמּוֹנִים; שָׁם אֶתֵּן אֶת-דֹּדַי, לָךְ.הַדּוּדָאִים נָתְנוּ-רֵיחַ, וְעַל-פְּתָחֵינוּ כָּל-מְגָדִים--חֲדָש
19:15 mandrake ִׁים, גַּם-יְשָׁנִים; דּוֹדִי, צָפַנְתִּי לָךְ
19:15 drojf unfortunately i don't speak that language but it looks pretty
19:16 mandrake jcamins and google do. I just copy/paste wikipedia
19:17 Topic for #koha is now happy birthday Nate
19:17 * jcamins scratches his head. I think my IRC client messed up the lines.
19:17 wizzyrea natec?
19:17 wahanui I LIKE SPACE AND MY WIFE
19:17 mandrake congrats NateC
19:17 * wizzyrea giggles
19:18 gary_ joined #koha
19:19 bag it's NateC's birthday today ;)
19:19 jcamins Oh.
19:19 * jcamins has not memorized Song of Songs.
19:21 jcamins I guess it would be a neat party trick for weddings, since apparently quoting from it is de rigeur.
19:25 jcamins For those of you who don't read Hebrew, that was a quote from Song of Songs earlier.
19:25 JoeLib001 Interesting. :-)
19:26 jcamins It was not the quote that they read at every single wedding these days, though.
19:26 * jcamins might have recognized that one. ;)
19:28 jcamins Also, happy birthday, NateC.
19:28 NateC thanks!
19:37 drojf mveron:[…]bb-id2040821.html :D
19:38 mveron drojf:  Swiss precision...  :-)
19:39 drojf i hope they ban the ipad all over europe for patent infringement now ;)
19:40 rangi That would rule
19:40 rangi It has to get to utter madness
19:40 rangi Before ppl fix the patent laws
19:42 drojf i think we will see a lot more craziness before that happens
19:42 wizzyrea wait - ios didn't have an alarm clock?
19:42 wizzyrea also, ios didn't have "reply with message" before now?
19:42 wizzyrea I think I have become spoiled by android.
19:49 drojf rangi: speaking of craziness…[…]-gaymer-community
19:52 rangi Gah
19:54 mveron Good nicght #koha
19:54 * cait hurries to put some cookies in #koha
19:55 jcamins Speaking of food...
19:55 * jcamins has a snack.
19:55 edveal left #koha
20:05 mandrake joined #koha
20:06 drojf cookies!
20:06 wahanui Cookies are delicious delicacies
20:06 * drojf bakes a buckwheat-sunflower-bread. or tries to
20:12 tcohen joined #koha
20:12 cait printers--
20:14 rangi hardware--
20:14 rangi self_check_machines--
20:14 gmcharlt my favorite new little utility today: rlwrap
20:14 cait can it kill printers?
20:15 gmcharlt cait: sadly, no
20:15 wajasu mtompset: FYI 6030  i just removed the perlcritic violating requires, and the script ran just fine in both dev and standard install, so its using the PERL5LIB to locate things.
20:18 wajasu rangi: if i grab a failedQA and supply a patch for the perlcritic and test, must I have someone else signoff?  Or should I get the original dev to make the change and I signoff?
20:18 rangi either works
20:18 bag I love that topic :D
20:20 cait killing printers?
20:22 jcamins gmcharlt: what do you do with rlwrap?
20:22 gmcharlt jcamins: add readline support to sqlplus
20:22 * jcamins read the man page.
20:22 rangi ah yep
20:22 rangi i remember that
20:23 jcamins sqlplus = Oracle client?
20:23 gmcharlt yes
20:23 rangi select somemadness from some table
20:23 rangi to get a list of tables
20:25 rangi i remember i mapped that to show tabeles;
20:38 libsysguy sometimes the comments in really old code crack me up
20:42 rangi kados made me take out my comment
20:43 libsysguy what did it say?
20:44 rangi i wonder if i can find it in the history
20:50 kathryn joined #koha
20:53 pastebot "rangi" at pasted "Testing coverage" (56 lines) at
20:53 rangi check that (different thing, im still looking for the comment)
20:53 jcamins Nice!
20:54 rangi heres the script
20:54 pastebot "rangi" at pasted "" (24 lines) at
20:54 rangi you can make it do xt/ t/ etc
20:55 rangi i just did xt now cos its fast
20:55 jcamins Right.
20:55 * jcamins declares the day over and heads home.
20:56 rangi but nice and simple
20:56 rangi for jenkins, since it already runs prove_cover
20:56 rangi it could just run the rest and mark the build broken if the coverage reduces
20:57 rangi libsysguy: can't find it, it was WTF mate
20:57 rangi iirc
20:58 libsysguy heh
20:58 libsysguy I like colins from the old calendar module
20:58 libsysguy shit we're open, guess I have to go to work today
20:58 rangi heh
20:58 rangi you know where the wtf mate thing comes from eh?
20:58 libsysguy there was also one about a db handle
20:58 libsysguy bad code :p
20:59 rangi the end of ze world
20:59 rangi
20:59 libsysguy holy cow I loved that cartoon as a kid
20:59 libsysguy AAHHHHH MOTHERLDAND!!!
21:09 tcohen hi #koha
21:10 rangi hi tcohen
21:11 tcohen the koha-es community got the message about translating the Koha manual
21:11 tcohen well, most languages really
21:12 rangi yay!
21:12 tcohen
21:13 nengard left #koha
21:15 brylie joined #koha
21:19 NateC g'bye #koha thanks again for all the birthday wishes!
21:20 rangi cya NateC
21:20 wajasu you old NateC
21:23 wajasu now i've got perlcritic installed.  we've got to get more in the wiki saying to install perlcritic and possibly have test case, so folks don't get bitten by it at QA time last minute.
21:36 tcohen tennis time, byeeeee
21:45 maximep left #koha
22:07 magnuse wajasu: i was just thinking the same thing - a description of how to use perlcritic, perltidy, the qa tools, tests etc
22:08 * magnuse wanders off to find some sleep
22:08 wajasu i cpan'ed it and now i run it on my code.
22:09 wajasu signoff folks can do this and just note it in bugzilla much earlier than when QA kicks in just before freeze date.
22:11 wajasu or maybe we can create a jenkins plugin that generates a report on bugs waiting for signoff, or QA and emails the person who wrote the patch the perlcritic report
22:11 wajasu though jenkins is not really part of that
22:11 rangi wajasu: t/00-critic.t
22:12 wajasu there that does it
22:12 rangi TEST_QA perl t/00-testcritic.t
22:12 rangi put that in in your git commit hook
22:12 rangi :)
22:13 wajasu :)
22:13 wajasu maybe put it in the wiki on git usage and gitbz
22:16 rangi the great thing about the wiki, anyone can edit it ;)
22:28 mbalmer joined #koha
22:34 trea joined #koha
22:35 wajasu rangi: was just testing bug 8798.  if they are adding the DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader  woun't they need to add it to ?  i did prove t/Context.t and its not installed. I only install what that script says.
22:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8798 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, elliott, Needs Signoff , Add the use of DBIx::Class
22:36 brylie joined #koha
22:42 jcamins_away wajasu: yes.
22:43 wajasu ok.
22:43 jcamins_away 303 holds on the three copies of the new Dark Shadows film that the NYPL has on order.
22:44 jcamins Some of those people are going to be waiting quite a while.
22:44 wajasu we might need to add a benchmark requirement if the module is added to C4/Context , what do you think?
22:45 jcamins wajasu: I'd be interested to know if it made a difference, but I'm not convinced it matters.
22:59 rangi holy crap that is too easy
22:59 rangi halcyonCorsair++
23:00 jcamins What did he do?
23:00 rangi http://halcyoncorsair.tumblr.c[…]rom-git-with-chef
23:00 rangi so i just did
23:00 rangi apt-get install vagrant
23:00 rangi made my Vagrantfile (using his)
23:00 rangi and ran vagrant up
23:00 rangi and its off and installing koha
23:00 rangi in a vm
23:01 rangi want a dev instance, .. that easy
23:01 jcamins What's vagrant exactly?
23:01 rangi
23:02 rangi built ontop of virtualbox
23:02 rangi but using chef or puppet to provision/tear them down
23:03 jcamins Whoah.
23:03 rangi cool eh
23:04 jcamins Very.
23:06 jcamins But it doesn't install the dependencies?
23:06 jcamins Oh, maybe that's what his chef repo is for?
23:06 rangi you could make it do that, yep
23:06 wajasu jcamins: i just made a note of it, so me or someone will run the misc/load_testing  ApacheBench and make shur things don't slow down.  I don't think it would matter, but I think I will right a test.
23:07 rangi but he has an image[…] with the deps all installed
23:07 rangi so what we could do as a community, is have a few of those images, keep them up to date, and then ppl could use them as the base to deploy from
23:07 wajasu you can script the whole thing.  i would use carton deploy to pull in deps to match.
23:07 jcamins Oooooh.
23:08 jcamins wajasu: the thing is, even if there is a slight performance hit, we don't really have another better option.
23:08 jcamins Moose?
23:08 wahanui Moose is liking dumping every tool in the world into every module
23:08 wajasu i agree.
23:08 * jcamins did not know that's what wahanui had for "Moose"
23:09 * jcamins likes it, though.
23:10 wajasu if you are going to do OO, and start having daemon servers (that must be solid, no memory leaks, etc) and you use plack or such, you are now in the same class as java.
23:10 wajasu and if you don't want to code java, groovy would be similiar to what the perl world is like.
23:11 rangi i cant think of much worse
23:11 jcamins Well, sans the dependency on Tomcat.
23:11 rangi whatever we do, has to still work simple and with little overhead for the 70% of the world who dont have the resources we do
23:12 rangi which is why I fought against dumping zebra for solr so hard
23:12 rangi (letting people choose is much better)
23:14 papa joined #koha
23:15 wajasu i agree with what you are doing.
23:17 wajasu are you guys lokking into the web frameworks, or just sticking with TT
23:18 rangi TT for now, there is still a ton we can do with it that we are only just starting
23:20 rambutan joined #koha
23:21 rambutan left #koha
23:23 jcamins ... wait, our documentation isn't for Bourne shell?
23:23 jcamins Are we using *csh*?
23:24 jcamins In the Ubuntu documentation.
23:24 jcamins wtf?
23:24 jcamins /etc/environment?
23:25 wajasu dang
23:32 papa joined #koha
23:43 brylie joined #koha
23:57 mtompset joined #koha
23:57 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
23:57 mtompset Happy Birthday, Nate? :)
23:58 mtompset Does anyone know how to use git blame to figure out a bugzilla number to look up?
23:58 melia left #koha
23:58 mtompset (or something other than git blame)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary