IRC log for #koha, 2012-08-10

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 jcamins_away dcook: you get an -- unfortunately scary-looking -- warning masquerading as an error, but it doesn't mess anything up.
00:03 dcook Whew. So it it doesn't run that SQL statement and it goes on to the next one?
00:08 jcamins_away Well, it runs it, the statement fails, and it keeps going.
00:09 dcook Mmm, right. Sweet.
00:09 dcook Thanks, jcamins_away :)
00:22 drojf is the main mailing list completely disabled now? the last mail i see is from myself and 6.5h old. rangi wrote about spammers abusing the web interface earlier
00:25 drojf irc seems disabled too ;) i better go back to bed
00:26 dcook :P
00:26 dcook no idea, drojf
00:26 dcook Last thing I got was the Devel Digest, and that was 14 hours ago, me thinks
00:31 melia left #koha
00:32 drojf i could send an email to the list to check, but i don't want to annoy people. it might just be quiet. we'll see
00:33 dcook I was figuring that it might just be quiet. Today is my last day of full-time until January, so it's a perfect day for quiet ;)
00:34 drojf heh :)
03:09 mtj hi #koha
03:10 mtj i'm about to start on some qa-signoff work for gbsd...
04:00 mtj trying out joubu's qa-tools tweaks, too
04:07 druthb joined #koha
04:35 cait joined #koha
04:36 mtj i've finally ditched colloquy-irc for textual, on osx - heaps faster after net-disconnects...
04:38 cait hi mtj :)
04:39 mtj ...using colloquy with  an irc-proxy used to cpu-spike for 10 secs (or more), on connects
04:41 mtj textual seems to be instant, even with  a big 500-line scrollback
04:41 mtj so... happy about fixing that annoying daily thing :)
04:41 mtj heya cait :)
04:42 mtj still planning to ditch osx completely, soon....
04:43 mtj .. but i ended up giving my 'spare' laptop to a friend
04:44 mtj (the spare lappy was gonna be my 'switch-to-linux' lappy)
04:45 mtj i can't see me getting my spare lappy back soon, either! :)
04:49 cait :)
04:50 cait mtj++ for qa work
04:54 mtj thanks :) and now back to some qa stuff, for me...
05:27 mtj oooh , xslt validator ->
05:27 mtj ... Koha needs one of those?, afaik
05:27 * cait files some bugs
05:52 mbalmer joined #koha
05:55 dcook Always more bugs to file :)
05:59 mtompset joined #koha
05:59 mtompset WHAT?! I go to sleep, and the number at[…]bin/ goes up?!
06:00 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
06:00 cait mtompset: better get used to it...
06:01 mtompset But I thought today was supposed to be GBSD.
06:01 mtompset Sadly, I'm a little distracted with a backup project that needs work.
06:02 mtompset Otherwise I'd be working on eliminating my bugs.
06:02 dcook Yeah, there's not enough time today to eliminate bugs. But a lot sure seem to be cropping up
06:02 * dcook glares at the Z3950 search
06:02 cait heh
06:02 cait yeah :)
06:03 cait i filed 3 new bugs this morning... so guess I am not making the numbers look better
06:05 bag @seen sekjal
06:05 huginn bag: sekjal was last seen in #koha 1 week, 2 days, 10 hours, and 41 seconds ago: <sekjal> rangi:  figured Wellington was a small enough open source IT community that you may have had some overlap
06:05 bag mtj?
06:05 wahanui DeM KraZy NutZ!!
06:05 bag YAY!
06:05 dcook I don't know if I actually filed any today..
06:05 dcook Just 1
06:05 dcook About to do another...and would've done one more, but now I can't reproduce the problem...which is more worrisome than nice
06:06 mtj ah, just remembered Koha's xml/xslt tests .....
06:06 mtj perl  ./t/00-valid-xml.t
06:07 mtj i'll have to add that to the qa-tools stuff
06:10 mtj the passed-qa number is up from 7 to 20 , thats progress...
06:10 dcook mtj++
06:11 mtj bug stats on master  ->[…]koha_bz_head.html
06:13 mtompset That's how much the number went up. So, I'll blame you, cait. ;)
06:15 julian_m joined #koha
06:16 julian_m hello
06:16 wahanui privet, julian_m
06:17 dcook allo, julian_m
06:17 mtompset bonjour, julian_m
06:17 dcook Do you folks know if z39.50 queries can be phrased using CCL? Koha seems to think that it can...
06:17 mtompset Greetings, dcook
06:17 dcook hey, mtompset
06:17 wahanui i heard mtompset was currently in the Philippines and is coding up a bash script storm in the midst of seasonal typhoons.
06:18 julian_m hello dcook, mtompset
06:18 mtj mtompset: an increase of bug tickets is usually a good thing :) no need for blaming anyone...
06:19 mtompset I put a smiley face. Not really blaming cait. :)
06:19 mtj ah yep... :)
06:20 mtompset Not to mention, blame games are a waste of time that could be better spent on fixing problems.
06:20 mtj dcook, not sure, jcamins_away is the person to talk too
06:21 mtj mtompset: yep, thats the one
06:22 dcook Hmm, k. Thanks, mtj :)
06:24 mtj SimpleSearch says... '* $query can be a simple keyword or a complete CCL query  '
06:25 mtj so, if the z39 code calls simpleseach(), then probably?
06:26 dcook Yeah, I was just taking a look at that :/
06:26 dcook Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work
06:27 dcook I'm also noticing different results returned for the same z3950 query in 3.2 and 3.8...with 3.2 being the vastly superior results
06:29 mtompset sounds like you have a code-reading hunt ahead of you. :(
06:29 mtj wow, thats surprising - i would have thought the search requests would have been almost identical
06:29 mtompset -almost and that's what I would have expected. :)
06:30 mtompset Oh... I wonder if it has to do with the searches starting with and problem.
06:30 mtj dcook, paste the result queries?
06:31 dcook result queries?
06:31 mtj mtompset: i assume we are talking about an external z39 search, here
06:31 mtj sorry, 'search queries' - not 'result queries'
06:31 dcook I typed in "heart" into the title box in Koha's z3950
06:32 dcook For the server
06:32 dcook Which is their old one, I believe, but still used the same server for the same query
06:32 mtompset Yes, but wouldn't the logic for z39.50 search be affected by Koha's logic?
06:33 dcook
06:33 mtj mtompset, im assuming 'no' here
06:34 mtj dcook, sounds like its worth pasting into a bug report
06:36 magnuse happy gbsd, #koha!
06:36 magnuse Needs Signoff - 87
06:36 dcook Sounds good, mtj
06:37 cait working on 4222
06:37 mtj query  @attr 1=4 "heart"  at /home/mason/git/head/cataloguing/ line 172
06:37 mtj ... on master
06:38 mtj dcook, so... whats the query on your koha-3.2 ?
06:39 mtompset I know that annual was the intent after monthly was too time consuming.
06:39 mtompset But wouldn't a BSD a couple weeks before each release be a good idea?
06:40 dcook I'll take a look mtj
06:41 dcook Did you have to add in a warning for that one, or was it already set up to log it?
06:41 magnuse bug 4222
06:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4222 major, P2, ---, srdjan, Needs Signoff , Nonpublic note not appearing in the staff client
06:41 magnuse yay
06:42 magnuse mtompset: annual gbsds? not that i have heard of...
06:44 dcook mtj:  'query' => ' @attr 1=4 "heart" ', referer: .../cgi-bin/koha/cataloguing/z​
06:44 mtj right, so... same query for both koha version
06:45 dcook Looks like
06:45 mtj so, 3.2 and 3.8 are *sorting* differently, then?
06:45 mtj ... after getting identical result-sets
06:45 dcook Mmm, interesting
06:46 dcook 3.8 seems to start with numeric
06:46 dcook 3.2 starts at A
06:47 mtj 3.8 seems better, then...
06:47 dcook Technically
06:48 dcook It appears to be coincidence that the alphabetic results are just more relevant, although I suppose that's subjective as well
06:49 mtj yep, no relevance here - just different sorting of identical results
06:49 dcook And unfortunately only the top 20 are shown
06:49 mveron joined #koha
06:49 dcook And even though the title field is used, that's not what's being searched
06:50 mtj aaah, now *that* sounds like a bug :)
06:50 dcook Hehe. Always good to see you smile, mtj ;)
06:50 mtj curious now, whats being searched?
06:51 mtj ... if not the title?
06:51 dcook Everything it seems
06:51 dcook Or at least the notes fields
06:51 dcook That's why a lot of the hits showing up in 3.8 are for music
06:51 dcook They all have tracks with the word "heart" in them
06:51 dcook Which I suppose technically are titles...but they're not titles of the work, and I don't think a 505 can refer to titles
06:52 mtj yow! ... is it a bad query by koha - or bad results by loc.govt ?
06:52 dcook Of course, this is when I check...
06:53 dcook Hmm 505 does have a title subfield, but the records don't have that, so that's certainly not at play
06:53 dcook I wonder if it's loc.govt
06:53 mtj this is possibly intended/correct behaviour for z39 searching , too ?
06:54 dcook Maybe?
06:54 mtj my hunch is ... its working as intended
06:55 dcook Emphasis on intended ;)
06:56 mtj i guess its a general 'title' search
06:57 dcook Now if only I could figure out PQF
06:57 mtj ... which is frustrating, if theres no *specific* title search as another opiton
06:58 mtj ok, back to a little more qa stuff...
07:00 cait 4222 confuses me... back to it after work
07:00 cait bbl
07:00 cait left #koha
07:00 dcook later cait
07:01 dcook Agreed, mtj. Anyway, thank you for your help and good luck with the qa
07:01 dcook I'm going to dig a little more and then call it a day. Today is my last full-time day until January, so I won't be harassing you for quite a while.
07:01 dcook Or at least, i'll be harassing part-time from a North American timezone ;)
07:02 Joubu joined #koha
07:02 Joubu hi #koha
07:03 magnuse hiya Joubu
07:04 dcook Hmm, maybe it is bad querying on Koha's part...
07:04 dcook Here is the specification for the bib-1 attribute set for PQF:
07:04 dcook
07:04 dcook @attr 1=4 "heart" would mean..."use" "title" heart
07:04 huginn dcook: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
07:05 dcook We might want to include something like @attr 2=3, which would be..."relation" "equals" heart
07:05 dcook I'm sure jcamins_away would know more about that
07:09 hdl joined #koha
07:09 mveron Good daytime, #koha
07:11 dcook G'day, mveron
07:11 dcook And fairwell #koha until at least the end of the month!
07:20 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:20 gaetan_B hello
07:20 wahanui hey, gaetan_B
07:22 kf joined #koha
07:23 kf good morning #koha
07:24 jenkins_koha Starting build #131 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
07:31 mtompset Greetings, kf.
07:31 kf hi mtompset
07:33 rangi magnuse: are you running your script to track changes?
07:33 kf hi rangi and magnuse
07:34 rangi hi kf
07:39 mtj can anyone get this patch to apply - bug 8581
07:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8581 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Authority display doesn't like GND records
07:40 kf mtj: what is your error message?
07:40 mtj its a 2-liner, but i get a weird git error (perhaps my repo is glitchy?)
07:41 pastebot "mtj" at pasted "8581" (20 lines) at
07:41 kf oh
07:41 sophie_m joined #koha
07:42 kf and you are testing on latest master?
07:43 rangi thats weird
07:44 rangi lemme reattach it
07:45 rangi ah yes
07:45 rangi it depends on another one magnuse
07:45 rangi sorry mtj
07:45 rangi[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8581
07:45 huginn Bug 8581: normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Authority display doesn't like GND records
07:45 rangi depends on bug 3462
07:45 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3462 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Link see alsos in authorities
07:45 rangi you have to apply 3462 first
07:45 kf hm
07:45 kf weird
07:46 rangi nope, not weird :)
07:46 kf ah, he probably fixedit on a different branch, because the problem already exists in current master
07:46 rangi the fix only works if you have 3462
07:46 mtj ah yep, 3462 is linked, in teh bug...
07:46 mtj Depends on: 3462 (edit)
07:46 rangi yep
07:46 kf rangi: was only wondering why I did run into it already :)
07:46 mtj all good :)
07:46 rangi cool
07:47 drojf joined #koha
07:48 drojf good gbsd #koha
07:49 kf happy gbsd :)
07:50 drojf hi kf :)
07:50 kf rangi: could you maybe add it to the motd?
07:50 kf next gbsd?
07:50 wahanui i think next gbsd is[…]bug_squashing_day
07:50 mveron hi everybody  :-)
07:50 kf hi mveron :)
07:50 Topic for #koha is now Sign off bugs, its GBSB
07:50 drojf and happy kill-your-koha-day for me too ;)
07:50 mtj hmmm, how many hours in an 'international' day?
07:50 drojf hi mveron :)
07:51 drojf rangi: typo
07:51 Topic for #koha is now Sign off bugs, its GBSD
07:51 mtj ... i wonder if woldfram knows the answer?
07:52 drojf :)
07:52 drojf mtj: if not they should teach it
07:52 kf I think magnuse might now? he seems to have figured out when it starts and ends :)
07:53 mveron In Opac, Search, Refine search the german version shows English expressions like Authros, Libraries etc. instead of Autoren, Bibliotheken
07:53 mveron New and not yet translated feature?
07:55 mtompset Probably 47?
07:55 mtompset 48 if you round up 1 second?
08:04 mtj really? im surprised the answer would be so  logical/obvious! :)
08:05 kf mveron: hm old feature, which version are you looking at?
08:05 kf there was a change to this template to add itemtypes as facet -maybe the other strings have gone ufzzy
08:16 drojf kf: when installing the german translation in a fresh package install, there is (still?) an error about different %s-count or something. i think it's also there if you update the language files with the update script, should it not be correct after the update? or do i have to download new po files manually?
08:16 kf hm
08:16 mveron kf: Newest master. I think we will see it with the next rranslation.
08:16 kf which version is package install?
08:17 drojf 3.8.3
08:17 kf mveron: yes, thta would be my guess. - if you want to check you can run the script for updating translations and see if it turns out fuzzy
08:17 kf drojf: hm I thought we caught all of them :(
08:17 kf drojf: maybe try those from pootle - hopefully they won't give you the error
08:18 kf is it possible the packages don't include the po files?
08:18 drojf ok. don't want to expermiment with the real installation. i have seen it in a virtual machine a few days ago, forgot to ask
08:18 drojf it was only about one error/warning and clearly had german inside, so there must have been po files
08:19 kf mtj++
08:25 mtompset dashboard?
08:25 wahanui i heard dashboard was at
08:27 mtompset Wait a second... I thought ppoulain was on vacation... Signing off things isn't vacation.
08:28 kf it's automated
08:28 kf from the sandbox, only using his email
08:28 mtompset AH.
08:29 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #131: SUCCESS in 1 hr 5 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/131/
08:29 jenkins_koha kyle: Bug 8419 - Suspended holds appear on the daily holds queue
08:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8419 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Passed QA , Suspended holds appear on the daily holds queue
08:29 jenkins_koha Starting build #132 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
08:42 mtompset For a minute there, I thought he was super-ultra-mega-dedicated. ;) We already know he is super-dedicated. :)
08:43 eythian joined #koha
08:43 kf morning eythian :)
08:43 eythian hello
08:43 wahanui que tal, eythian
08:44 mtompset Out of curiousity, why the nick eythian? Why not something closer to your real name?
08:44 eythian mtompset: historical reasons from the days of BBSes
08:44 mtompset And yes, greetings to you, eythian. :)
08:45 mtompset Ah... much like why I truncate my name.
08:45 mtompset Back from the days where user ids could only be 8 characters. :)
08:50 drojf joined #koha
09:02 drojf oh look, tumbleweed
09:11 gaetan_B joined #koha
09:25 mtj 33 patches passed-qa, i'm off for a beer.... :)
09:25 rangi mtj++
09:29 drojf joined #koha
09:31 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #132: SUCCESS in 1 hr 2 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/132/
09:31 jenkins_koha * mtompset: Bug 8172 - Missing dereference marker for buildQuery parameter in Added a dereference to an array parameter of buildQuery.
09:31 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 8172: Followup: Removes useless empty params
09:31 jenkins_koha * julian.maurice: Bug 8575: Expected items count should not include cancelled orders
09:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8172 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Passed QA , Missing dereference marker for buildQuery parameter in
09:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8575 normal, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Passed QA , Number of items expected is wrong
09:32 magnuse rangi: no, not running my usual gbsd script - thought the dashboard would provide enough fun...
09:32 mtompset YAY! 83... The number is down.
09:33 rangi magnuse: fair enough :)
09:33 magnuse :-)
09:34 magnuse eythian: got an opinion on bug 7589?
09:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7589 major, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , tinymce editor broken in .deb packages - in 'en' templates
09:34 eythian magnuse: I don't really
09:35 magnuse worksforme in 3.8.3
09:35 magnuse i don't have access to a packaged 3.6.x any longer, maybe jcamins_away does
09:36 eythian magnuse: There is the oldstable repo
09:38 magnuse sure, but i was hoping i could get out of doing an actual install :-)
09:39 mtompset Sadly, my tiny netbook is being beaten for other work, otherwise I'd try to help.
09:39 mtompset I have a 3.6.X install.
09:39 drojf is the dashboard down or my internet stupid?
09:39 drojf nevermind its there now
09:40 mtompset Can I jokingly say both? ;)
09:40 mtompset Oops... slow on the draw. :)
09:42 mtompset What does "3_8_packages - Broken" mean? Is it related to koha-common?
09:50 eythian mtompset: what's the context?
09:51 mtompset dashboard?
09:51 wahanui somebody said dashboard was at
09:51 mtompset That's the context.
09:52 eythian Hmm, not sure what that's referring to, but it shouldn't affect the packages. They're built off of a branch I manage (which is just whatever the 3.8 release tag is plus changelog updates most of the time.)
09:53 magnuse i think rangi has jenkins building packages or something like that?
09:53 eythian might be
09:54 rangi says stable for me
09:54 eythian me too actually, I didn't read closely.
09:55 rangi
09:55 eythian too early in the morning
09:55 rangi the packages are built after each of the builds successfully completes
09:55 rangi tests that changes havent broken the packaging
09:55 magnuse dashboard says "stable" now...
09:55 fredy joined #koha
09:57 magnuse hm bug 5332 v.s. bug 2060
09:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5332 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Add batch reversion capability to bin/
09:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2060 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Ability to import Authorities from Staff Client
09:59 magnuse the second one is much broader than the first, and covers the main point of the first, but the first one has one detail not present in the second (--progress-interval option)
10:00 magnuse anyone opposed to marking the first one as a duplicate of the second one?
10:00 eythian It seems reasonable, perhaps with a note explaining the differences.
10:00 eythian Maybe someone wants to implement that on the new one.
10:01 magnuse yup
10:01 mtompset So "Jenkins Status" has no bearing on koha-common, and just reflects the latest build attempt?
10:02 mtompset And yes, it says stable now for me too.
10:02 khall joined #koha
10:06 eythian[…]ca3spbl1SEw%3D%3D
10:11 kf mveron: is there a problem with 6813?
10:12 magnuse bug6813
10:12 magnuse gah bug 6813
10:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6813 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, amit.gupta, Needs Signoff , Acquistions - duplicate search across orders, suggestions and catalog
10:13 mveron kf: Jonathans QA comment. I'm not sure if it makes sense to sign it off before that is fixed.
10:13 mveron kf: Comment #3
10:13 kf ah only saw your comment on the list
10:13 kf reading the bug now :)
10:14 kf ah
10:14 kf maybe provide a follow upß
10:14 kf ?
10:14 kf you could sign off and try to resolve the problems
10:15 mveron But if I make chnges to the code an other person should sign-off then?
10:16 kf hm, probably
10:16 kf but not sure how long it would take for Amit to get back to this
10:16 kf and it sounds like a needed and nice feature
10:17 mveron kf Ok, will lok at it in the afternoon.
10:17 Joubu mveron: If you want, I can try to provide a followup for Bug 6813 today
10:17 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6813 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, amit.gupta, Needs Signoff , Acquistions - duplicate search across orders, suggestions and catalog
10:17 kf you don't have to - but maybe an option
10:17 drojf i have something like this too. zeno made the linker plugin for marc21. like, months ago. it had italian in it so i did not sign off. then he provided a new patch that still has italian in it so i made a followup. but can i sign it off now myself? its bug 8185
10:17 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8185 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tajoli, Needs Signoff , Plugin for linking records in MARC21
10:18 drojf it works nicely, its just the italian :(
10:18 magnuse drojf: i'd say you can sign off on zenos patch, but someone else must sign off on yours
10:18 kf I would like to test... but not sure when I will get around to it :( so bettr not making any promises
10:19 magnuse the last signoff should be easy, if it's just checking there is no italian left
10:19 mveron Joubu: Great!
10:20 drojf magnuse: so i would apply the patch to git, not apply my followup and then amend -s for the first one?
10:20 kf yes, sign off your first, but be careful to reattach patches in the right order if possible
10:20 kf you could apply 1 - sign off - apply yours - reattach both
10:20 kf probably easierst
10:20 kf easiest
10:21 * mveron has to head away, back in the afternoon
10:22 drojf ok i will try that later, thanks
10:30 itachi joined #koha
10:51 * magnuse needs a reboot
10:53 * kf needs one too
10:53 * drojf needs somebody to cook
10:53 kf lol
10:53 drojf cook food for me, not me cooking him/her
10:54 drojf freshly installed koha, yeah break. i'll try the signoff-one-of-two-patches-thing
10:58 drojf hrm. i get trailing whitespace warnings from zenos patch. "warning: squelched 9 whitespace errors" / "warning: 14 lines add whitespace errors.". is that a reason not to sign off? it does not affect the functionality
10:59 kf nope
10:59 kf you can still sign off - there is also a nice post from rangi how to repair that
10:59 drojf oh, where? ml?
10:59 kf give me a moment to find it :)
11:00 magnuse it's on hos blog i think
11:00 kf it is
11:01 kf[…]patches-with-git/
11:01 drojf thanks just found it too ;:)
11:02 magnuse fixing whitespace?
11:02 magnuse fixing whitespace is at[…]patches-with-git/
11:02 magnuse fixing whitespace?
11:02 wahanui i think fixing whitespace is at[…]patches-with-git/
11:02 drojf oh that looks conveniently easy :)
11:02 drojf rangi++
11:07 kf it is
11:07 kf and works well too :)
11:12 Oak joined #koha
11:13 * Oak waves
11:13 Oak magnuse
11:13 kf hi Oak
11:13 Oak hello kf
11:14 Oak :)
11:14 magnuse Oak
11:14 magnuse ready to do some signing off Oak? ;-)
11:14 Oak hello mtompset
11:14 mtompset Greetings, Oak.
11:15 Oak magnuse, i'm still stuck on Windows :(
11:15 magnuse gah ;-)
11:15 mtompset Hey, Windows is functional.
11:15 mtompset Let's not get Debianist. :P
11:15 Oak the worst part is i'm getting comfortable on it... i think
11:16 mtompset Oak...
11:16 mtompset You could set up virtual box, and install Koha. ;)
11:16 Oak i know i know
11:16 mtompset virtual box?
11:16 wahanui i think virtual box is free
11:16 Oak ah yes. i read about that couple of weeks ago.
11:17 kf Joubu: still around?
11:17 Oak i am thinking about that
11:17 mtompset virtual is available at
11:17 mtompset virtual box is available at
11:17 mtompset virtual box?
11:17 wahanui virtual box is free
11:17 mtompset wahanui: virtual box is at
11:17 wahanui ...but virtual box is free...
11:17 mtompset wahanui: virtual box is free and at
11:17 wahanui ...but virtual box is free...
11:18 mtompset wahanui: forget virtual box
11:18 wahanui mtompset: I forgot virtual box
11:18 mtompset wahanui: virtual box is free and at
11:18 wahanui OK, mtompset.
11:18 mtompset virtual box?
11:18 wahanui hmmm... virtual box is free and at
11:19 mtompset I like to use putty, because cut & paste in virtual box is a pain to set up.
11:20 mtompset Oak: did you use debian or ubuntu for your Koha setup?
11:21 Oak Debian
11:21 Oak Squeeeeze
11:21 mtompset That should run fine in Virtual Box.
11:22 mtompset Do you have a wired or wireless connection?
11:22 Oak both
11:22 mtompset Virtual Box supports Bridged Adapter (fancy way of saying your VM can pretend to be a machine on the net work) for a wired connection.
11:24 mtompset For wireless, you can use a combination of NAT and Host-Only to simulate what you need. :)
11:24 mtompset I've done both.
11:25 mtompset In fact, I tell my VM's they have three adapters, but virtually disconnect the cables from the NAT and Host-Only, so the VM sets up nicely without having to worry about changing things if my networking situation changes.
11:29 jwagner joined #koha
11:34 Oak cool. noted! :)
11:40 mtompset I haven't tried this, but khall has a link to virtual appliances:[…]irtual-appliance/
11:40 chris_n` joined #koha
11:43 magnuse gah, why can't i make -n output anything?
11:43 magnuse trying to test bug 8607
11:43 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8607 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , overdue_notices is broken
11:44 kf what is -n supposed to do?
11:45 magnuse trying to test bug 8607"Do not send any email. Overdue notices that would have been sent to the patrons or to the admin are printed to standard out."
11:45 magnuse oops
11:46 * magnuse thought that would be the easiest way for looking at generated messages
11:47 kf ah
11:47 kf are you worried because you got no email?
11:47 kf I normally work with the message_queue - checking there
11:47 mtompset Oooo... I hate the single quote vs. double quote problem.
11:48 magnuse kf: there's nothing in message_queue either... i'm completely out of practice...
11:49 magnuse i have set up notice triggers
11:49 magnuse i have a patron with an overdue item and an email adress...
11:49 magnuse what am i missing?
11:50 kf does the patron category get overdues?
11:50 kf in the patron categore the yes/no pull down
11:50 kf and which options are you using?
11:51 magnuse lemme check
11:53 magnuse i had requires over due = no, but changing that did not help
11:53 drojf oops, should probably not mark the bug as signed off when i want somebody to sign off my follow up. tired brain
11:54 magnuse correct, drojf ;-)
11:55 drojf looks ok now, attached my signed off version for zeno and then obsoleted the followup with the followup to keep the correct order
11:55 magnuse kf: i'm trying to run without any options noe
11:55 magnuse s/noe/now/
11:55 kf ah
11:55 kf you need -t
11:55 kf or it will not use the triggers at all
11:56 magnuse gah!!
11:57 drojf technically, since it is my followup to zeno's patch, he could signoff the followup, right?
11:57 magnuse kf: still nothing in message_queue, though...
11:57 magnuse drojf: yup
11:58 kf what is your delay value and due date?
11:58 kf anddid you apply the fix yet?
11:58 kf do you have an adminemailadress or branchemailadress defined? email addresses for your test borrower?
11:59 kf drojf: anyone can but you :)
11:59 kf ok, meeting time here
11:59 kf bbl
12:01 magnuse kf: delay is 1, due date is 2012-08-01, yes the patch is applied,  KohaAdminEmailAddress = root@localhost, yes the test borrower has an email (my real email)
12:05 mtj magnuse, about?
12:05 magnuse mtj: yup
12:05 magnuse w00t: Needs Signoff - 80
12:06 magnuse who will bring us down under 80?
12:06 mtj 5 minutes  for bug 7589 ?
12:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7589 major, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , tinymce editor broken in .deb packages - in 'en' templates
12:07 drojf man that floating status thing in firefox is annoying. every time i try to click on "needs signoff" on bugzilla, that stupid status things comes up to show the url of the link and blocks the click
12:07 mtj can i try something on your koha?
12:07 magnuse mtj: sure
12:07 eythian drojf: status thing?
12:07 mtj hi eythian
12:08 drojf eythian: there is no fixed status bar anymore at the bottom, it is a floating "thing" that pops up to show the url when you hover over a link
12:08 edveal joined #koha
12:08 eythian drojf: ah. I see you haven't installed pentadactyl then ;)
12:08 drojf no, maybe i should
12:10 drojf brb, the uni vpn is terribly slow
12:10 drojf joined #koha
12:10 drojf hm. or maybe its just my wifi :(
12:12 drojf left #koha
12:12 drojf joined #koha
12:13 magnuse eythian, mtj: when i do this on the server where it works: $ ls -l /usr/share/koha/intranet/htdo​cs/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/js/
12:14 magnuse i get this, among other things: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    33 2011-11-27 18:37 tinymce -> ../../../../../../../tinymce2/www
12:14 mtj yes, me too...
12:14 eythian is there anything under that link?
12:14 eythian i.e. is it pointing to something that exists?
12:14 mtj $ cd tinymce
12:14 mtj $ ls
12:15 mtj any 'jscript' dir in there?
12:16 mtj coz, if there is NOT ... how the hell does this resolve correctly?
12:16 mtj ->[…]y_mce/tiny_mce.js
12:16 eythian mtj: do you have the tinymce package installed in debian?
12:16 magnuse cd /usr/share/koha/intranet/htdo​cs/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/js/; ls ../../../../../../../tinymce2/www
12:16 mtj yes, of course :)
12:16 eythian I can't remember if it's a dependency or not, and I'm doing something else so can't check right now.
12:16 magnuse this lists some files and dirs
12:17 mtj eythian, it is
12:17 magnuse jscripts is one of the dirs
12:17 mtj for tinymce 2.1.3-1 ?
12:18 mtj $ dpkg -l|grep tinymce|grep tinymce
12:18 mtj oops :)
12:19 pastebot "magnuse" at pasted "files and dirs" (31 lines) at
12:20 mtj ooooh , tinymce != tinymce2 o_O
12:20 magnuse that last ls took me by surprise - i might have "fixed" something here once...
12:21 mtj ok, thats the bug  :)
12:21 eythian that is unexpected, yes
12:22 eythian mtj: though, I'd prefer to fix it so that it correctly uses debian tinymce.
12:22 eythian I think carrying our own isn't ideal.
12:24 mtj eythian: yeah, i agree  too :)
12:25 mtj always attempt to use the OS' libs, etc...
12:25 mtj ok, here is what still dont understand...
12:25 mtj[…]tinymce2/filelist
12:26 mtj theres is *no* ./tincymce2/www/jscripts dir in there...
12:26 mtj so, magnuse - how come your koha has that dir?
12:26 eythian what are the files in the jscripts, are they elsewhere?
12:27 eythian if they are, we could either make a debian patch that makes the templates point to the right place (which is the sort of thing I've managed to avoid so far), or fake it with symlinks.
12:27 mtj well, the dir under jsripts is just ../../*
12:27 magnuse did you see the paste? i have linked what should have been from the mce package to koha's own files - forget my saying it works
12:28 mtj magnuse, ah ok i missed that bit... its midnite here :)
12:28 magnuse hehe
12:29 mtj eythian, afaik symlinks are the only way
12:29 mtj[…]hment.cgi?id=9467
12:29 mtj theres the patch, with symlinks...
12:30 hdl joined #koha
12:30 mtj ... thats works as expected
12:30 eythian oh, you're way ahead of me then
12:31 mtj aah, actaully there is a tweak
12:32 * magnuse wanders off to find a late lunch
12:32 drojf joined #koha
12:32 mtj intranet-tmpl/prog/en/js/tinymce/jscript/tiny_mce , becomes just ...
12:33 mtj intranet-tmpl/prog/en/js/tinymce
12:33 eythian mtj: well, if you tweak it a bit, I'll look into signing it off. Also, note a couple of pages that should have tinymce.
12:33 eythian (just for testing porpoises.
12:33 eythian )
12:33 mtj the 'jscript/tiny_mce' bit is unnecessary ,  thats the tweak  :)
12:34 mtj ill save the optional tweak for another patch
12:34 eythian Well, one patch is better if it replaces the need for the first one...
12:36 eythian mtj: you have an android device?
12:38 mtj eythian, nope - im still using an old pair of nokia flips (they be going strong)
12:38 eythian ah right. I just was going to get you to test an app for me. It involves beer.
12:39 mtj magnuse, wanna signoff on 7859, then?
12:39 talljoy joined #koha
12:40 mtj eythian, there is no way of avoiding the 1st patch
12:40 eythian ah right
12:41 mtj the 2nd patch is just an optional 'really/long/path/to/a/dir/somewhere' tidy
12:42 mtompset I thought the release date for 3.10.0 was pushed forward a month to 2012-11-22?
12:42 mtompset The dashboard still has it as October.
12:43 tcohen joined #koha
12:45 tcohen hi #koha
12:47 Joubu mveron: for Bug 6813, have you tested: git commit --amend -s (on the 2 patches) git bz attach -e HEAD~1..HEAD ?
12:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6813 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, amit.gupta, Needs Signoff , Acquistions - duplicate search across orders, suggestions and catalog
12:49 mveron Joubu: I try to do it again following the wiki... One moment please... :-)
12:53 NateC joined #koha
12:56 ago43 joined #koha
12:58 mveron Joubu: Hmm, I have problems with signing-off the double patch following[…]_bz_configuration
12:59 mveron It says:  git rebase 1stcommitid^ --interactive
12:59 mveron I took the commitID from git log
13:03 pastebot "mveron" at pasted "For Joubu regarding signing off 6813" (17 lines) at
13:04 Joubu mveron: git reset --hard origin/master; git bz apply 6813; "y" and "n" (to apply only the first one); git commit --amend -s; git bz attach 6813; "n" and "y" (to apply the second one) git commit --amend -s; git bz attach -e HEAD~1..HEAD
13:07 libsysguy joined #koha
13:07 mib_qqmp9f joined #koha
13:47 drojf joined #koha
13:49 kf_mtg gbsd++
13:50 SJeffery joined #koha
13:50 maximep joined #koha
13:56 drojf dpavlin: around?
14:31 mtompset tcohen: I replied to your comment.
14:31 tcohen yeap
14:32 tcohen was just reading
14:32 mtompset Make sense?
14:32 tcohen yeap
14:32 mveron Joubu: After the first git bz attach 6813 I get error: short SHA1 6813 is ambiguous. fatal: ambiguous argument '6813': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.   Use '--' to separate paths from revisions
14:32 tcohen i agree it is better to make it incremental
14:33 mtompset removing the files in another bug, right?
14:33 tcohen yes
14:34 mtompset And if INSTALL.ubuntu.12.04 has everything that is mentioned in INSTALL.ubuntu... just overwrite it with INSTALL.ubuntu.12.04 ... no need to version the INSTALL instructions.
14:36 Joubu mveron: oups, it is 2 git bz *apply* et 1 git bz attach at the end
14:40 tcohen ok mtompset, i'm signing the patch for 3.8
14:40 mtompset Thanks.
14:41 mtompset I am running a simulation on my poor netbook. Otherwise, I'd be participating more in GBSD.
14:42 mveron Joubu: Thanks :-)   Is "git bz attach -e HEAD~1..HEAD"  for the last line OK or do I need to add some commit-ID after the second HEAD?
14:42 pastebot "mveron" at pasted "For Joubu regarding signing off 6813" (16 lines) at
14:47 Joubu "git bz attach -e HEAD~1..HEAD" seems good
14:48 Joubu mveron: "git bz attach -e HEAD~1..HEAD" seems good
14:48 kf Joubu++ for lots of qa work today :)
14:49 mveron Joubu: Ok, just wanted to be sure.
14:49 mveron And Joubu++ for helping!
14:49 jcamins_away git bz attach -e xxxx HEAD?
14:50 Joubu jcamins_away: mveron wants to attach 2 last commits
14:51 jcamins_away Ah. I thought he wasn't applying the second.
14:51 jcamins_away Guess I misread. Tiny phone screen
14:52 mveron jcamins_away: It's about bug 6813
14:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6813 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, amit.gupta, Needs Signoff , Acquistions - duplicate search across orders, suggestions and catalog
14:52 tcohen Bug 8519
14:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8519 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Make koha-index-daemon run on startup
14:53 * tcohen looks like he is sending SPAM
14:53 * jcamins_away does sign offs the lazy way, attaching one at a time.
14:55 tcohen jcamins: what was your git repo for tamil contribs patch?
14:56 tcohen something like jcamins/tamilcontribs on github??
14:56 jcamins_away Yes.
14:56 tcohen thanks
14:56 wajasu ok. somebody give me bug number to test
14:56 tcohen Bug 8519
14:57 tcohen hehe
14:57 wajasu :}
14:57 Oak joined #koha
14:58 tcohen jcamins_away: are you sure koha-pkg-index-daemon will work?
14:58 tcohen (i think it wont)
14:59 jcamins_away No. I didn't finish it.
14:59 tcohen at UNC we use the tamil scripts and libs
14:59 tcohen but found that it always used the same temp dir...
15:00 tcohen so it was a mess
15:00 wizzyrea off topic, does anyone know what OpenDNS uses to run their DNS service (for filtering purposes)
15:00 jcamins_away I changed temp dirs.
15:01 tcohen it looked the same for me
15:02 mveron Joubu: I run in a traceback while git bz attach -e HEAD~1..HEAD,  and just the second patch is added, first one is somewhere in the nirwana.  Back to field one...
15:02 tcohen i added file::temp::simple to create a temporal one
15:06 Joubu mveron: from the wiki page : "You will have to be pretty fast here, if you dawdle git bz will bring back a nasty error, but you can simply rerun the command (making your edits faster this time) to avoid it. "
15:07 julian_m mveron, try 'git format-patch -s -2' and then submit manually generated patch files
15:09 julian_m bye all
15:13 jcamins_away tcohen: I may be mistaken, but I thought I had them changing to different directories.
15:15 mveron Joubu:  But it already attached one patch. Repeating the command just attaches this patch again.
15:15 mveron (the second one)
15:15 mveron Will try Julians way...
15:15 jcamins_away Okay, I think my way is simpler:
15:16 jcamins_away git-bz attach -e 6813 HEAD^ && git-bz attach 7813 HEAD
15:16 mveron In one line?
15:16 jcamins_away Or, more likely, I'd do it in two lines because I don't want to type that much, and I can just backspace the ^.
15:17 jcamins_away If it's two lines, don't use &&
15:18 jcamins_away tcohen: if you have an alternate script that uses the Tamil indexer and handles multiple instances, I'll switch to yours. :)
15:19 tcohen jcamins_away: we *still* didn't switch to packages, so I use the file in Bug 8519 for setting a daemon for each instance
15:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8519 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Make koha-index-daemon run on startup
15:20 tcohen I just adjusted the Tamil code to create a temp dir to work in
15:23 jcamins_away Hmmm... I think I could adapt that script with packages easily enough.
15:23 jcamins_away But I'll figure it out later.
15:24 jcamins_away For now I'm going to explore Burlington, VT.
15:24 mveron jcamins_away ++  for the good advice!
15:24 Joubu mveron: the correct syntax is: git bz attach 6473 HEAD~1^..
15:25 Joubu sorry, i'm going to correct the wiki page
15:26 tcohen jcamins_away: i'd like to adapt the Tamil code and put it into Koha/SearchEngine/Zebra/
15:27 mveron Joubu: Good idea with the wiki  :-)  And anyway, I'm glad that it worked out for now...  :-)
15:29 Joubu end of week \o/ good bye !
15:30 wizzyrea bye joubu
15:30 mveron Bye and have a nice weekend, Joubu  :-)
15:32 Joubu left #koha
15:41 gaetan_B bye !
15:52 NateC left #koha
15:52 NateC joined #koha
15:53 ago43 Hi, if I want to create a custom search-tag/index, do I need to alter any other files besides these three: bib1.att,, record.abs?
15:56 drojf add the index to getindex in
15:57 ago43 ahhh.  that sounds good.  thanks, drojf!
16:03 melia joined #koha
16:03 bshum joined #koha
16:04 ago43 One other question on adding a custom index: what needs to be done to get the index to appear on the Advanced Search dropdown?
16:10 wajasu joined #koha
16:13 wajasu tcohen: i rebooted my server to get memory for my test vms, do you really want me to test that bug you mentioned? which #?
16:13 tcohen bug was 8519
16:15 wajasu does it need to be on Ubuntu or can it be debian?
16:19 tcohen debian
16:20 tcohen it should work on any modern distro
16:20 tcohen (i.e. not CentOS 5)
16:20 wajasu or archlinux
16:27 drojf ago43: look at
16:27 mtompset If you are crazy enough to attempt something like CentOS, it must be 6.
16:27 mtompset CentOS 5 doesn't comes with perl 5.10 by default.
16:27 ago43 thanks again, drojf!
16:27 drojf ago43: find         <select name="idx"> and add your index in the pattern you see there
16:47 bag drojf -- much much easier to do it through Jquery instead of bothering to edit files on something that probably wouldn't make it's way in
16:53 eythian joined #koha
17:06 edveal left #koha
17:14 drojf ago43: bag is right, that would save you some trouble with updates too i guess
17:14 * drojf should finally learn some jquery
17:15 ago43 me too!  but thanks for the help, I learned a connection that I wasn't thinking of.
17:18 drojf yeah, i'm helping
17:18 cait joined #koha
17:19 ago43 drojf++
17:22 sophie_m left #koha
17:52 * mtompset waves byes.
17:56 drojf not sure what that has to do with koha :P
17:57 cait I think nekls tweets to twitter automatically
18:03 bag @seen hankbank
18:03 huginn bag: hankbank was last seen in #koha 49 weeks, 6 days, 23 hours, 52 minutes, and 58 seconds ago: <hankbank> :) well alright then!
18:10 adnc_ joined #koha
18:15 drojf matts_away: bug 7294 does not apply for me
18:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7294 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, Needs Signoff , status "in order"
18:34 SJeffery joined #koha
18:37 mveron Good night everybody  :-)
18:38 fcapovilla joined #koha
18:40 drojf good night mveron
18:47 wizzyrea man I hate fridays - I mean, i love fridays but it's always lonely here :)
18:47 fcapovilla Hum, automatic authority links don't work for me... I get this error : oAuth error: Cannot sort according to sequence (207)  Bib-1
18:48 sekjal joined #koha
18:49 wizzyrea hey sekjal :)
18:50 sekjal hey, wizzyrea
18:50 wahanui I LIKE SCIENCE and I GEEK KOHA
18:50 wizzyrea hehe
18:51 sekjal wizzyrea:  it's been a while; how're things?
18:53 wizzyrea fantastic :)
18:53 wizzyrea how about you?
18:54 sekjal doing well; just got back from vacation in Colorado
18:54 cait oh nice :)
18:54 cait hi sekjal :)
18:55 sekjal hi, cait!
18:55 ago43 hey, sekjal!
18:55 sekjal howdy, ago43!
19:05 libsysguy joined #koha
19:24 wajasu tcohen: for BUG8519, I did a std install, and during the make install, I got  "Can't open blib/SCRIPT_DIR/ for read at rewrite-config.PL line 184". It seems the Makefile.PL processes it at line 525.
19:37 wajasu when i tst a bug, and i see the fix, should i just make the fix, create a new/amended patch and attach it to the bug report for further signoff?
19:38 wajasu the patch i tested missed a change int he Makefile.PL, I can fix that, but can i signoff, or must i report the failure in the bugzila and let them fix it.
19:39 jenkins_koha Starting build #133 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:39 rangi you can sign off the first one, and provide a follow up fix
19:39 rangi and note that the follow up one needs to be signed off too, before the bug can be marked signed off
19:39 wajasu ok.  so you guys will know to apply both.
19:40 wajasu can i sign off the followup one?
19:40 bshum_ joined #koha
19:41 rangi nope, you can't sign off your own patch .. well you can but you cant mark the bug signed off
19:41 rangi but hopefully the original author will see it and sign off on yours
19:43 wajasu i can't signoff the original one in this case, because I can't finish running a make install in this case.  to move forward to create a followup.
19:44 wajasu if i did a followup, would i just note it in the bug comments that they need to go together, or does bugzilla havea dropdown or place to specify dependencies.
19:44 rangi just note it in the comments
19:45 maximep left #koha
19:45 wajasu ok.
19:45 wizzyrea whaddup rangi
19:48 rangi heya wizzyrea
19:48 wahanui I LIKE SCIENCE and I GEEK KOHA
19:50 * wizzyrea likes this new kick wahanui is on
20:17 rambutan joined #koha
20:18 drojf joined #koha
20:18 * drojf returns from the rain and brings icecream
20:18 cait yay!
20:18 cait hope you didn't get water into it :)
20:18 drojf no :)
20:18 drojf it's not that rainy :)
20:19 cait :)
20:19 cait I'd like some rain here
20:20 mbalmer @later tell mveron wiki geht wieder...
20:20 huginn mbalmer: The operation succeeded.
20:20 mbalmer evening, folks!
20:21 drojf how would i repair a patch of somebody else? i had one that did not apply, but it was obvious that only one line had to be changed. i tried to apply, changed the line in the file where it was supposed to go and said it was resolved. but that was not the right way i guess since the patch did not work
20:21 drojf hey mbalmer
20:21 cait hm you fixed a conflict?
20:21 drojf i tried to
20:21 drojf but i did not succeed
20:21 cait and it didn't work?
20:22 cait then I would note on the bug that patch does not apply and you are not sure how to fix the conflict
20:22 drojf i think the way i tried it was wrong
20:22 cait wrong in git or wrong with the code?
20:22 drojf but i want to learn how to do it ;)
20:22 drojf i think it did not apply the other files at all
20:23 wizzyrea the first question?
20:23 wahanui "What are you trying to do?"  "What is the goal?" or "What problem are you experiencing?"
20:23 drojf i thought it would apply everything but the one that had the conflict
20:23 wizzyrea what was the exact error message
20:24 drojf mom
20:26 drojf
20:26 drojf didn't we have a bot to do that?
20:26 cait if you get this
20:27 cait it doesn't apply anything
20:27 cait then you have to do a git am --abort first
20:27 libsysguy joined #koha
20:27 cait and then a git am -iu3 /tmp...
20:27 wizzyrea or you can fix it
20:27 wizzyrea and then git add <the file>
20:27 cait and then you will see where the conflict is
20:27 cait and then what wizzyrea says
20:27 drojf i did that
20:27 wizzyrea oh, I use the git bz that does the 3 way automatically
20:27 wizzyrea then git am --resolved
20:28 drojf i did hat too
20:28 drojf that
20:28 wizzyrea and it didn't work?
20:28 drojf no. but then it's maybe the patch
20:28 cait and then git am --resolved?
20:28 drojf yes
20:28 cait does your git log show the patch as applied?
20:28 cait and is the git status clean?
20:28 drojf not anymore, i deleted the branch after i screwed it up more ;)
20:28 drojf but it did
20:28 wizzyrea oh.
20:29 drojf rangi++ # thanks!
20:29 drojf that was not related to my problem ;)
20:29 cait sign off :)
20:29 * wizzyrea would not have been surprised if it was
20:30 drojf ok but then my way to do that was ok, i will try it again later
20:30 cait :)
20:30 wizzyrea yea, it looks like you did it right
20:30 wizzyrea i mean, those are the steps anyway
20:30 wizzyrea and yea, fixing that is no biggie deal.
20:43 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #133: SUCCESS in 1 hr 4 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/133/
20:43 jenkins_koha fridolyn.somers: Bug 8576: Software error on authority edition when using merge
20:43 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8576 critical, P2, ---, fridolyn.somers, Passed QA , Software error on authority edition when using merge
20:43 jenkins_koha Starting build #134 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:56 wajasu for patch i'm testing, it supplies a new init. script to start a koha-index-daemon , but that doesn't exist in the patch, or koha, so it just respawns every thirty seconds. bug8519
20:57 wizzyrea bug 8519
20:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8519 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Make koha-index-daemon run on startup
20:57 wajasu rangi: i'm going to just put my findings in comments for tcohen to work on.  as some other code might have been missing in the patch.
20:58 rangi cool
21:00 wajasu rangi: after putting my comments in, is there a "state" other than "needs signoff" i should put it in so tcohen knows to work on it, and someone else won't start trying to sign it off?
21:01 wajasu failed QA?
21:03 cait hm if it needs work sounds like failed qa
21:06 rangi yep
21:17 jcamins_away wajasu, that patch requires Tamil contribs. Instructions for installation are inINSTALL.*.
21:21 wajasu hmm.
21:22 jcamins_away There needs to be a warning, but that might allow it to go forward.
21:23 jcamins_away it=testing
21:23 wajasu so its a baby step.
21:24 wajasu i grepped for Tamil, contribs, and see nothing in my branch.  where should i get them.
21:25 jcamins_away It's on CPAN.
21:25 jcamins_away Koha:Contrib:Tamil or something.
21:26 wajasu Koha:Contrib:Tamil  ok.  I'll add it, and try it out.
21:30 wajasu of course, no deb packags exists, or do they in koha community/common repo
21:34 jcamins_away wajasu: no, not yet. I built packages, but my apt repo is not currently accessible to the world.
21:36 wajasu ok
21:45 ago43 joined #koha
21:46 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #134: SUCCESS in 1 hr 3 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/134/
21:46 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 8162: allow packages to work on Ubuntu Precise
21:46 jenkins_koha * mtompset: Bug 8329 - GetLostItems in has a SELECT * Provided a smaller list based on reports/
21:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8162 critical, P3, ---, robin, Passed QA , packaging scripts create user incorrectly
21:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8329 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Passed QA , GetLostItems in has a SELECT *
21:47 wajasu well, Moose too as dep
21:47 sophie_m joined #koha
21:50 wajasu must I have PERL5LIB set according to the  make install  before I cpan install?
21:51 wajasu i'm pulling in lots of stuff
21:51 jcamins_away Yeah, that's the problem with it. A lot of dependencies.
21:52 jcamins_away You do need PERL5LIB set.
21:52 jcamins_away KOHA_CONF is optioanl.
21:52 jcamins_away *optional
21:55 wajasu ok trying with PERl5LIB
21:58 wajasu moos looks like some sort of persistence framework
22:00 jcamins_away No, that's AnyEvent.
22:00 jcamins_away Moose is just... Moose.
22:00 jcamins_away An object-oriented metaframework behemoth.
22:00 * jcamins_away wanders off.
22:02 wajasu so when a patch requires new perl modules, how does one specifiy that.   (in the bugzilla comments?)
22:02 wajasu ok it installed.  lets see now.
22:03 jcamins_away wajasu: you add the requirements to
22:04 jcamins_away But the idea is that this pach allows easy access to optional features, so we don't have to explode Koha's system requirements.
22:06 wajasu since i am just testing, and tcohen didn't add that, should i add that he needs to add the dependency to Koha:Contrib:Tamil to
22:08 rambutan left #koha
22:09 jenkins_koha Starting build #135 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:12 ibeardslee joined #koha
22:14 rangi wajasu: thats quite a tricky one, because we want that to be optional, but yes adding it as an optional require would be what is needed i think
22:15 rangi someone needs to send a patch to fix my flu
22:16 sophie_m left #koha
22:19 wajasu so this patch, if pushed removes obsolete zebra index scripts, and uses the Tamil contribs.  Does misc/cronjobs/ need to be kept, or removed as part of this patch?
22:20 wajasu i'm assuming Tamil's stuff reads the zebaqueue accordingly, so one wouldn't want to mistakenly run the old way.
22:21 wajasu so this patch isn't just about running the indexer, but incremental indexing as well.
22:21 wajasu i sure can pick em.
22:22 rangi hehe yeah you did pick a particularly tricky one
22:25 rangi gotta say, we really appreciate you putting time into testing things wajasu
22:27 wajasu if its optional, should this patch remove misc/cronjobs/,  or do you want to support both?
22:28 wajasu you are not allowed to have the flu on GBSD
22:28 rangi heh
22:29 rangi nope dont remove the cron job
22:29 rangi actually 2 secs lemme read it
22:30 rangi hmm yeah maybe it should remove it
22:31 rangi it looks like a duplicate of
22:31 rangi and an unmaintained version of that
22:31 wajasu OK. should i include all of Koha:Contrib:Tamil  OR just the  Koha:Contrib:Tamil:Indexer  and Koha:Contrib:Tamil:IndexerDaemon components.
22:33 rangi hmmm you probably want an opinion on that from someone on less drugs
22:33 rangi i would think the latter 2
22:33 rangi but no 100% on that
22:35 wajasu I'm going to document this in the bug.  then let the new indexer etc run over the weekend, and ask again on Monday, before submitting a patch.  But I won't change its state.
22:35 wajasu unitl i know what the patch needs.
22:36 rangi sounds good to me
22:39 druthb joined #koha
22:39 druthb o/
22:41 rangi hi druthb
22:41 druthb Hiya, rangi. :)
22:53 martian joined #koha
22:54 martian hi, a question about marc view and expanded marc view
22:54 martian i know that koha is using expanded marc view, does it also support the regular marc view?
22:57 rangi hmm?
22:57 rangi not understanding what you are asking
23:01 martian ummm
23:01 martian in opac view
23:01 martian patrons can see different views of the records right?
23:02 martian there is the regular view, marc view, extended marc view, and ISBD?
23:03 rangi yep, most people turn off all except regular view, becuase 99.9% of the world don't understand MARC
23:04 rangi http://opac.koha.workbuffer.or[…]?biblionumber=325
23:04 rangi thats the marc view
23:04 rangi if you click view plain, you can see it without the labels
23:04 martian where did that "view plain" come from?
23:05 rangi its in master
23:05 martian master....
23:05 martian again...not IT
23:05 martian where in master?
23:05 martian or where is master?
23:05 rangi what version of koha are you running?
23:05 martian 3.8.3
23:06 rangi it appears to be there too
23:07 martian ok...what "master" are you referring to?
23:08 wajasu the latest code branch that developers are working on
23:08 rangi master is the development branch of koha
23:09 rangi but that view plain when into the 3.8.x branch on april 4 2012
23:09 rangi and is in 3.8.3 so you should be seeing that link
23:09 martian well apparently i can't see it using the patron's view
23:10 martian there's no "view plain" for me to click
23:10 rangi are you on the marcdetail page?
23:11 martian am i supposed to do something on the admin side to make it show?
23:11 martian yes i'm on the marcdetail page
23:12 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #135: SUCCESS in 1 hr 3 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/135/
23:12 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: Bug 8513: OPAC detail page broken with XSLT
23:12 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 8514 Restore Patron Name Display Order
23:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8513 major, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Passed QA , OPAC detail page broken with XSLT
23:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8514 normal, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Passed QA , Display of patron results changed display order
23:12 rangi yes you need OPACXSLTDetailDsiplay on
23:12 jenkins_koha Starting build #136 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:14 martian although i have no idea what you just said, i'll let IT take a look at it
23:14 rangi its a systempreference
23:24 martian thanks
23:24 martian got it fixed
23:24 rangi cool
23:38 rangi ok, 3 year olds do not care if you have the flu, i have to go play
23:53 Judit joined #koha
23:54 Judit left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary