IRC log for #koha, 2012-06-25

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:07 papa joined #koha
00:26 zioha joined #koha
00:40 zioha joined #koha
00:51 druthb joined #koha
03:27 brylie joined #koha
04:34 Space_Librarian joined #koha
05:12 mtj anyone know where the qa rules are on the wiki?
05:24 rangi Theres no real rules, there's the coding guidelines. Qa should of course being testing for regressions too. Not just coding standards I think sekjal wrote a mail about it
05:25 rangi But if search coding standards or guidelines I think you will find the page about those
05:25 rangi On the wiki
05:25 wahanui On the wiki is probably more information about the packages
05:26 cait joined #koha
05:26 cait_mib joined #koha
05:35 adnc joined #koha
05:42 mtj ta rangi
05:43 mtj and.. whats the new date widget Koha is switching to?
05:43 cait mtj: I think jquery ui
05:43 cait mtj: there is already apatch from owen :)
05:43 cait oleonard
05:43 wahanui somebody said oleonard was still here, if you just wish hard enough. or Koha's master UI designer
05:44 cait bug 8181
05:44 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8181 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Replace DynArch calendar widget with jQueryUI version
05:46 laurence joined #koha
05:48 mtj aaah, i thought we were switch to dynarch dates, not from :)
05:49 mtj oh ok, dynarch is the name of the date widget we've had for ever...
05:52 cait yeah an I think it's no longer supported or somethin
05:53 cait the new calendar with jquery ui is pretty nice
05:53 cait and all you need to use it is a class I think
06:01 stuartyeates joined #koha
06:22 alex_a joined #koha
06:23 alex_a bonjour #koha
06:23 cait bonjour alex_a
06:36 Irma joined #koha
06:42 mveron joined #koha
06:45 julian_m joined #koha
06:58 matts hi !
07:01 reiveune joined #koha
07:01 reiveune hello
07:01 wahanui salut, reiveune
07:01 * mveron says "Good Morning #Koha "
07:01 ropuch Mornig #koha
07:02 ropuch I have a problem with aqui module in 3.8.2
07:03 ropuch I can't receive an item - after filling  the fields in Home › Acquisitions › Vendor › Receive items from and clicking Save
07:04 ropuch I'm back to basket list with no item received and in koha-error-log there is:
07:04 ropuch Use of uninitialized value $origquantityrec in numeric gt (>) at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi​-bin/acqui/ line 60.
07:04 ropuch Use of uninitialized value $error_url_str in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi​-bin/acqui/ line 104.
07:05 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:05 ropuch (I'm using english template, so it's not related to corrupt translation)
07:06 gaetan_B hello :)
07:06 ropuch Hello [;
07:10 asaurat joined #koha
07:11 mbalmer joined #koha
07:13 mveron Hi mbalmer
07:13 hdl joined #koha
07:13 mbalmer morning, mveron
07:14 hdl hi
07:18 sophie_m joined #koha
07:21 clrh hello
07:21 wahanui privet, clrh
07:31 Oak joined #koha
07:45 paul_p joined #koha
07:46 paul_p good morning #koha
08:01 drojf good day #koha
08:02 clrh jcamins_away: thanks for your mail about integration tests, I'll try to try it this week and answer you after
08:05 * magnuse waves
08:07 drojf hei magnuse
08:07 magnuse hiya drojf
08:07 asaurat joined #koha
08:12 mveron drojf: Hi drojf, I implemented an additional test "Zebra server runing" in Bug  8301
08:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8301 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, veron, NEW , Display additional system information (preferences) on About page to minimize support cases
08:14 drojf mveron++ #cool!
08:14 drojf unfortunately no time to test it now, have to do non-koha things today
08:15 mveron There is a world outside koha?  :-)
08:15 drojf yes :(
08:16 drojf would prefer to work on video streaming
08:30 magnuse mveron++ that looks excellent
08:31 magnuse jcamins++ for 3.6.6
08:31 mveron Thanks, magnuse and jcamins :-)
08:32 mveron Should I switch it to "Needs Sign off" ?
08:33 eythian joined #koha
08:37 drojf mveron: i would say yes. people could still put in comments if they have more ideas of tests, but it would be nice to have it in the next version
08:39 rangi man SIP2 is a pita to test
08:39 drojf heh. hi rangi
08:41 eythian wahanui: hi
08:41 wahanui what's up, eythian
08:42 mbalmer rangi, lack of a client software?
08:42 rangi pretty much yeah
08:43 drojf1 joined #koha
08:44 drojf1 d'oh
08:45 eythian could be worth scripting up a test-case like thing that talks SIP2 that test cases can be plugged into.
08:45 eythian (in the long run, anyway)
08:47 rangi we have lots of tests
08:47 rangi they work well enough, as long as you set up your db
08:47 rangi in C4/SIP/t/
08:47 mbalmer hmm, maybe we could provide a virtual selfcheck that uses SIP to connect to your installation (SIP2 web client)
08:47 eythian ah right
08:52 rangi the upshot is, I couldnt make the change I wanted anyway :)
08:53 * rangi decides to test bug 8301 instead
08:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8301 enhancement, P3, ---, veron, Needs Signoff , Display additional system information (preferences) on About page to minimize support cases
08:55 mtj re: sip2 - there is a sip2 emulator from 3m, that does that, afaik
08:55 mtj i have it running in a win32 vm, sometimes for  testing sip2 stufff
08:57 mtj but, having just said that.. the 3m emulator is pretty stupid and limited :/
08:58 eythian We'd be better off writing our own I'd expect.
08:58 eythian also: then we wouldn't need a windows vm
09:05 chris_n` joined #koha
09:07 mtj eythian:  i agree (of course)
09:09 mtj tho... at the time, it sure was better than nothing
09:09 * mveron ...has to go
09:10 paul_p joined #koha
09:11 mtj does anyone have a good method from removing non-utf chars from a .mrc file?
09:12 mtj characters that might cause a record to be skipped, during an import
09:23 eythian mtj: is in binary marc or marcxml?
09:23 mtj either/or in my situ...
09:24 mtj i'm attempting stripping methods, using both formats
09:25 mtj xml looks to be a bit saner
09:25 eythian[…]06f56145fe548cd50 <-- this does a best-effort to clean up bad encoding to make things legit XML.
09:25 eythian it might help if you were to run it over a marcxml file
09:26 eythian it attempts to convert latin-1 and marc-8 to utf-8
09:26 eythian (or at least, the characters I could find in a file I was converting)
09:29 asaurat joined #koha
09:33 mtj ta eythian , ill give that a hoon now
09:34 eythian xmllint --noout is useful for checking to see if files are syntactically correct, too
09:36 mtj yep, im using that, and getting some good error msgs
09:39 eythian does koha search handle "quoted phrases" and +with -without type things? I thought it didn't.
09:40 eythian (but someone on the list claimed it does)
09:40 rangi not without doing ccl=
09:40 eythian OK thought so
09:43 mtj eythian: the script did some good - 256 invaild-char errors, to 32 :)
09:43 eythian good start :)
09:43 eythian there are a number of characters not dealt with in there because they weren't in the data I used.
09:45 mtj yes, its an awesome start
10:37 eythian jcamins_away: you around?
10:51 cait-m__ joined #koha
10:52 cait-m__ hi #koha
10:55 eythian hi cait-m__
10:56 cait-m__ hi eythian
10:57 cait-m__ @wunder munich
10:57 huginn cait-m__: Error: No such location could be found.
10:58 cait-m__ @wunder hallbergmoos
10:58 huginn cait-m__: The current temperature in Berglern, Mitterlern, Germany is 13.8°C (12:15 PM CEST on June 25, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 86%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
11:04 drojf "Hope our developers can do it!" :D
11:05 drojf hi cait-m__
11:05 cait-m__ hi drojf
11:05 cait-m__ :-)
11:21 jwagner joined #koha
11:31 papa joined #koha
11:34 druthb joined #koha
11:35 nengard joined #koha
11:36 juan_sieira joined #koha
11:46 jcamins eythian: I am now.
11:46 magnuse congrats on 3.6.6 jcamins!
11:47 jcamins magnuse: thanks!
11:47 jcamins It would've been released a lot earlier if I'd remembered that I didn't have access to
11:52 magnuse hehe
12:13 eythian jcamins: oh, I had some questions for you about that bug I signed off, but I worked them out
12:13 jcamins eythian: yay!
12:13 jcamins Thanks.
12:13 eythian np
12:33 papa joined #koha
12:39 talljoy joined #koha
12:42 drojf joined #koha
12:51 ago43 joined #koha
13:02 tcohen joined #koha
13:13 edveal joined #koha
13:15 druthb left #koha
13:17 vfernandes joined #koha
13:18 vfernandes hi Koha community :)
13:19 paul_p hi vfernandes
13:19 paul_p #koha very quiet today... everybody hacking or sleeping ? that's the question :D
13:19 jcamins paul_p: sleeping, if the weather is anything like here.
13:20 eythian @wunder brighton, uk
13:20 paul_p jcamins = what do you mean "weather like here" ?
13:20 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Brighton, Brighton, United Kingdom is 17.6°C (2:15 PM BST on June 25, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 79%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Steady).
13:20 paul_p @wunder Marseille, france
13:20 jcamins @wunder 11375
13:20 huginn paul_p: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 31.0°C (3:00 PM CEST on June 25, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 38%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
13:20 huginn jcamins: The current temperature in APRSWXNET Jackson Heights NY US, Corona, New York is 19.4°C (8:42 AM EDT on June 25, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 29.73 in 1007 hPa (Steady).
13:20 eythian paul_p: 31!
13:20 eythian that's not normal!
13:20 jcamins "Overcast" = "almost pitch black" today. ;)
13:20 magnuse @wunder boo
13:20 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 18.0°C (2:50 PM CEST on June 25, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 59%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Steady).
13:21 jcamins Actually, it's gotten a lot brighter in the last fifteen minutes.
13:21 paul_p eythian why isn't it normal ? It's a perfectly common weather in june here !
13:21 eythian oh dear :)
13:21 eythian I don't think it's hit 20 since I've been here.
13:21 eythian so it'll be a bit of an adjustment then :)
13:21 paul_p eythian you wan't to cancel your coming ? :D :D
13:21 eythian heh
13:22 eythian I suspect I'll just have to get used to it :)
13:22 vfernandes is there any recommended tool to convert MARC21 record to UNIMARC?
13:22 eythian on the other hand, I suppose I can finally use the shorts I brought.
13:22 eythian (apologies to everyone in France in advance)
13:23 jcamins vfernandes: no.
13:24 vfernandes hummm ok.. Has anyone used MARConvert?
13:24 jcamins Not me.
13:26 eythian where are all the old tags in the repo? Are they getting deleted or something?
13:26 jcamins eythian: what old tags?
13:26 eythian v3.06.01, for example
13:27 jcamins I have it.
13:27 eythian hmm, git can see it
13:27 eythian but it's not in .git/refs/tags
13:27 jcamins[…]1f5ce4054658f5a88
13:27 jcamins The first question?
13:27 wahanui "What are you trying to do?"  "What is the goal?" or "What problem are you experiencing?"
13:28 eythian trying to find an old tagged version so I can rebase -i something against it. But at the same time improve my understanding of how git operates with tags.
13:28 jcamins Ah.
13:28 * jcamins thinks you do git rebase v3.06.01, but might be wrong.
13:29 eythian that's correct
13:29 eythian but that doesn't explain why they aren't in .git/refs/tags
13:31 magnuse paul_p++ for digging into bug 8309
13:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8309 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , Koha namespace organisation, first implementation
13:31 jcamins .git/info/refs?
13:31 jcamins Yeah, that's where they are.
13:32 jcamins git/refs/tags is for tags that you have used, I think.
13:33 magnuse well, git/refs/tags would be a really boring location for tags, wouldn't it?
13:34 jcamins magnuse: of course!
13:34 eythian there is no such thing as .git/info/refs in my repo
13:34 eythian I suspect what happens is that they go into packed-refs when a cleanup happens
13:35 * eythian runs git gc to test this
13:36 eythian that appears to be the case
13:36 jcamins That would make sense.
13:36 wizzyrea @wunder lawrence, KS
13:36 huginn wizzyrea: The current temperature in Channel 6 Downtown, Lawrence, Kansas is 29.2°C (8:35 AM CDT on June 25, 2012). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 64%. Dew Point: 22.0°C. Pressure: 29.90 in 1012 hPa (Steady). Heat advisory in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 8 PM CDT this evening...
13:36 wizzyrea chairman wow. gonna be a hot one.
13:36 eythian and they are listed in .git/packed-refs
13:39 jcamins Odd...
13:39 sophie_m joined #koha
13:39 jcamins Has anyone encountered a bug which prevents subscriptions from being created?
13:40 * magnuse sends wizzyrea some ice cubes
13:40 jcamins Oh, this may be because I'm currently logged in as the administrative user, having forgotten to log back in as my own user.
13:41 jcamins If anyone else has had problems, though, I'd be interested in hearing about them. :)
13:42 wizzyrea thanks :)
13:46 jcamins No, not the user.
13:46 jcamins Anyone recall any bug reports about serials not working?
13:48 schuster joined #koha
13:49 jcamins Never mind.
13:49 jcamins Mystery solved.
13:54 eythian and the solution to the mystery for when the next person has it is:
13:56 jcamins A couple of database revisions were missed back in 3.01.
13:57 eythian ah right
13:57 eythian I wonder how you'd even do that
13:57 * jcamins has a theory.
13:57 jcamins Bad luck, mostly.
14:00 jcamins Ooh, I like bug 8310.
14:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8310 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , All parts an instance should be under one path
14:04 magnuse my gut feeling is that that will violate debian rules/guidelines?
14:04 jcamins magnuse: that's my gut feeling too.
14:05 jcamins But I like the idea. :)
14:05 sekjal joined #koha
14:05 magnuse hehe
14:05 magnuse kia ora sekjal!
14:05 eythian I'm not terribly sure about it.
14:05 sekjal howdy, magnuse!
14:06 jcamins eythian: I like the idea, I didn't say I saw how to do it.
14:06 eythian I can see how to do it, I just don't know that I like it :)
14:07 jcamins I'm thinking mount --bind might be the way to go.
14:07 jcamins But, then again, maybe not.
14:07 eythian no, I don't think mounting a filesystem per interface is a necessary idea in a world with symlinks :)
14:08 eythian s/interface/instance/
14:11 jcamins eythian: what do you mean? I was thinking mount --bind /var/lib/koha/site /var/lib/koha && mount --bind /var/log/koha/site /var/log/koha etc.
14:12 eythian ohh, in a chroot
14:12 eythian yeah
14:12 jcamins Right.
14:12 eythian I thought you meant to consolidate things.
14:12 jcamins I mean, I guess you could do symlinks, but, ugh.
14:12 jcamins Oh, no.
14:13 jcamins It seems a shame to use a half dozen mounts, but it seems even more problematic to use symlinks.
14:14 eythian well, you could use symlinks from /etc/koha/sites/instance to /var/lib/koha/instance/config or some such
14:14 eythian so that all your config is in one place.
14:14 eythian But, it's likely to trip things up
14:15 eythian and be rarely used.
14:15 jcamins Right.
14:15 jcamins And if you used those symlinks in your chroot, you could end up with some very peculiar errors, depending on the options used for the chroot.
14:16 eythian chroot has options?
14:18 Oak joined #koha
14:19 jcamins eythian: well, with jails it's possible to decide whether to translate the symlink before or after the chroot, I believe.
14:19 jcamins I presumed it was the same with chroot.
14:19 eythian oh, it's not afaik
14:19 eythian jails are a lot more flexible than chroots.
14:19 Oak kia ora #koha
14:20 jcamins Ah. I'd been getting that sense. Actually, I was thinking of trying out Debian/kFreeBSD for that reason.
14:21 jcamins How do I get those nice pronounceable passwords?
14:21 eythian I've tried to get Debian/HURD working, to no avail.
14:21 eythian pwgen
14:21 jcamins Thanks.
14:28 jcamins paul_p: about bug 8205: did my response satisfy your concerns?
14:28 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8205 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Passed QA , Should be possible to hide unused authorities in OPAC
14:35 collum joined #koha
14:36 mtj eythian: i fixed my glitchy .mrc file, using your script
14:37 eythian oarsome
14:37 mtj its something i'm gonna bookmark :)
14:37 jcamins What was wrong with the .mrc file, and what script?
14:37 jcamins :)
14:37 * jcamins is nosy.
14:38 adnc joined #koha
14:39 mtj those horrible errors when handling marcxml, like 'parser error : PCDATA invalid Char value 20!'
14:39 jcamins Ah.
14:39 jcamins Yikes.
14:40 eythian yeah, character encoding is hard, and many apps just ignore it.
14:40 jcamins Which script is this?
14:40 eythian[…]06f56145fe548cd50 <-- this script
14:40 jcamins Ah.
14:40 jcamins Thanks.
14:41 eythian it's one I wrote to munge the mark-8, latin-1, and vt100 (not kidding) I found in some source data into something that would hopefully look right.
14:41 eythian or at least parse.
14:41 jcamins lol
14:41 mtj ...turns out the '20' is ascii... :) so a s/\x24//g regex removes those  chars
14:42 smeagol joined #koha
14:42 eythian heh worth keeping in mind :)
14:42 mib_cqyjif joined #koha
14:42 mtj no --  20 is the decimal value for that ascii char, 24 is the hex value..
14:43 mtj i couldnt work out how to do a regex using the dec value, so had to convert it to hex.. :/
14:43 eythian mtj: if 20 is decimal, the hex is 14
14:43 mtj oops, wrong column :p
14:43 mtj ->
14:43 mtj yep, 24 is oct
14:44 smeagol Hi all, Is there a way around "Instant Fine Calculation at Checkin" in Koha 3.8? Is there a syspref, or a way to turn this off. This is a big problem for us, unfortunately.
14:44 mtj so yeah... run xmllint on your marcxml file
14:44 eythian I don't think you can escape dec directly into a regex, it's either octal or hex.
14:45 mtj ... work out all the glitchy chars in the file, and use eythian's  regex script to remove them
14:46 mtj problem solved! :)
14:46 jcamins smeagol: there is no way to turn it off as far as I know.
14:52 smeagol jcamins:if koha calculates fines upon checking, then what is the purpose of the cron?
14:53 francharb joined #koha
14:53 Oak joined #koha
14:54 jcamins smeagol: so that patrons can see an estimate of how much is on their account.
14:55 eythian the whole accounts system is quite a mess.
14:56 eythian though I suppose fines being time-based, that's really a separate thing
14:56 jcamins Is it ever!
14:59 smeagol jcamin: the reason i asked is because we have quite a few returns to process (esp on weekends), and it is much faster to checkin using our self-check acs (sip) than using dropbox mode, which has a bug, and if we set our fines cron to run at noon, those items checked in from the night before won't get a fine.
14:59 eythian oh hey, 3.6.6, I suppose I should make packages.
14:59 jcamins Yes please!
15:00 eythian smeagol: wouldn't a better solution be to get the dropbox mode bug fixed?
15:00 jcamins smeagol: I don't use 3.8, and don't do anything with fines, so I don't know much about it.
15:00 nengard left #koha
15:02 reiveune bye
15:03 jcamins Oh, I guess I need to add those various solr modules to my apt repo, don't I?
15:04 reiveune left #koha
15:04 * jcamins adds that to his to-do list.
15:07 smeagol eythian: yes and no, using koha check-in is too slow for us, using the cron was better. I wonder if a syspref can be made?
15:14 eythian Not that I'm aware of, though it might well be an easy thing to do.
15:23 smeagol thanks
15:24 jcamins Hrm. I need to turn two git commits into four, where parts of both existing commits will be incorporated into all four.
15:24 jcamins What's the easiest way to do this?
15:24 jcamins Squash, then git reset --soft, then do one commit at a time?
15:25 eythian jcamins: I think there is something that makes that reasonably easy
15:25 eythian I don't know what it is that.
15:25 * eythian looks
15:26 eythian[…]hes-with-git.html <-- this maybe
15:27 jcamins Ah.
15:27 jcamins Nifty!
15:27 jcamins Thanks.
15:27 eythian also, "stage hunk for commit" in git-gui
15:27 asaurat left #koha
15:28 eythian apparently lets you do it piece by piece
15:28 eythian[…]/2008/1/28/626744
15:28 jcamins git add -p
15:29 jcamins That's what I needed.
15:41 logbot joined #koha
15:41 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.8.2, 3.6.5 and 3.4.8 Now Available | Koha Community Website - | | General IRC Meeting 18 July 2012 at 10:00 UTC+0
15:44 eythian oldstable|main|source: koha 3.6.6-1 <-- jcamins
15:45 eythian uploading now
15:45 eythian uploaded now
15:46 jcamins Woohoo!
15:46 jcamins Thanks!
15:47 eythian no problem
16:06 sekjal_ joined #koha
16:13 jcamins It seems to me that C4::OAI::* should not be in opac/
16:13 jcamins Just a thought.
16:13 gaetan_B bye !
16:22 Oak joined #koha
16:22 * Oak waves
16:23 magnuse Oak
16:23 Oak magnuse
16:24 magnuse yay! :-)
16:24 Oak :)
16:25 Oak magnuse: which os you use for your personal use?
16:25 magnuse Oak: ubuntu for my desktop, debian for my servers
16:26 Oak hmm
16:27 Oak i'll install Linux on my new computer in few days... and probably go with Debian
16:27 mgeist joined #koha
16:28 jcamins paul_p: around?
16:28 * jcamins waves to mgeist
16:28 mgeist wizzyrea and jcamins thanks for the help with the script for fines.  It did take care of our problem!
16:28 jcamins Yay!
16:29 mgeist Very much yay!
16:29 Oak jcamins++
16:29 Oak wizzyrea++
16:29 wizzyrea woot!
16:31 mbalmer left #koha
16:31 sekjal joined #koha
16:31 paul_p jcamins : i must leave in a few minuts (if you want to speak of some patches i've commented on QA, it must be short)
16:34 drojf joined #koha
16:34 jcamins paul_p: I wanted to say what sekjal already said.
16:34 jcamins paul_p: so I don't think I need to say it now. ;)
16:35 francharb joined #koha
16:36 paul_p jcamins OK, seen (and probably a valid argument !).
16:36 paul_p time to go back home for me now. bye & see you later !
16:37 jcamins Bye.
16:39 sophie_m left #koha
16:41 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8181 [REVISED] Replace DynArch calendar widget with jQueryUI version <[…]70c068dd052981d84> / Bug 8191 : Adding a new value to 8 position of coded data field 100 <[…]5fea9ec5ae70b5f07> / Bug 8255: allow local cover images to be cached <http://git.koha-com
16:48 mib_onl4zc joined #koha
16:49 mib_onl4zc Hello, n00b here - is anyone about?
16:49 jenkins_koha Starting build #767 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:49 wizzyrea @quote get 145
16:49 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #145: "Don't ask to ask, just ask!" (added by wizzyrea at 02:37 PM, July 07, 2011)
16:55 mgeist lol
17:00 eythian hrm, 3.8.2 identifies itself as aparently
17:02 Oak night
17:05 drojf eythian: whoops
17:06 drojf make a to fix it ;)
17:06 jcamins should be greater.
17:07 jcamins Shouldn't it?
17:07 drojf but technically it is right now, isn't it?
17:08 jcamins I thought eythian just said it was set to
17:08 * jcamins might not be talking about the same thing as everyone else.
17:08 drojf heh
17:08 nengard joined #koha
17:09 francharb joined #koha
17:10 drojf he said is what the version identifies itself as. but since it is technically 3.8.2, i thought it is 3.8.2[.1] since it is the first version of 3.8.2.
17:10 drojf that gets confusing, i better stop
17:10 jcamins drojf: no, 3.8.2 is
17:10 drojf ah. ok
17:10 drojf yeah, we're closed. the whole library for myself. should have brought the pi to actually try it with a monitor for once
17:11 jcamins drojf: isn't it the end of the day?
17:18 drojf jcamins: 7pm. a few more hours of writing a paper for me
17:19 jcamins drojf: oh, what are you writing a paper about? :)
17:20 jcamins eythian: I just ran that upgrade, and it worked fine. Is there anything odd about your library?
17:21 eythian jcamins: slightly, writing up info now
17:21 eythian > This seems to be because the biblio table on my database is MyISAM, and so forcing it to InnoDB causes breakage.
17:21 jcamins Uhhh...
17:22 eythian or rather, forcing new table that have a relationship with that to be InnoDB
17:22 jcamins You should fix that.
17:22 jcamins MyISAM doesn't support foreign keys.
17:22 jcamins Without foreign keys, deletes won't work.
17:22 jcamins Or, rather, they will work.
17:23 jcamins Much too cavalierly.
17:23 jcamins At least, that's my understanding.
17:23 eythian however, it seems to be the mysql default
17:23 drojf jcamins: i'm writing about minority language rights in northern europe
17:23 jcamins Yes, that's why we explicitly specify InnoDB everywhere.
17:24 eythian but we clearly don't
17:24 eythian otherwise this wouldn't happen :)
17:24 eythian (or something else is going on)
17:24 jwagner joined #koha
17:24 jcamins Maybe this installation predates Koha 3?
17:28 eythian OK, it forces it to InnoDB in the sql structure file, but in my database it's MyISAM
17:28 eythian I wonder what happened there.
17:29 eythian I might s/MyISAM/InnoDB/ in my dump and reimport it.
17:29 gmcharlt joined #koha
17:29 jcamins That would be a good idea.
17:29 jcamins It will be a disaster otherwise.
17:29 jcamins Seriously. Big disaster.
17:30 hdl joined #koha
17:30 jcamins Like, run around screaming and waving your arms in the air big. :)
17:33 * jcamins demonstrates.
17:33 jcamins Myshkin disapproves.
17:33 jcamins => don't use MyISAM for Koha tables because Myshkin disapproves of it
17:34 eythian Myshkin?
17:34 wahanui i guess Myshkin is more than articulate enough without me performing his interior monologue.
17:34 eythian also, I guess that was why the last import went so fast.
17:34 jcamins Myshkin is our cat.
17:34 eythian I see
17:34 jcamins wahanui: that's true.
17:34 wahanui jcamins: excuse me?
17:34 jcamins Yeah, MyISAM instead of InnoDB would make it a lot faster.
17:38 eythian Tue Jun 26 05:35:12 2012] DBD::mysql::db do failed: Error on rename of './koha_centralag/issues' to './koha_centralag/#sql2-554b-12a6' (errno: 152) at /home/robin/kohaclones/ca/instal​ler/data/mysql/ line 4424.
17:38 eythian oh good, new errors!
17:38 jcamins o.O
17:38 jcamins Wow. I've never seen anything like that.
17:39 eythian $dbh->do("ALTER TABLE issues DROP FOREIGN KEY `issues_ibfk_1`");
17:39 eythian that seems to be the line
17:39 jcamins Oh boy.
17:39 jcamins Yeah, I'm not surprised.
17:40 jcamins MyISAM doesn't have foreign keys.
17:40 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #767: SUCCESS in 50 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/767/
17:40 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 8289 Upgrading from 2.2 does not work anymore
17:40 jenkins_koha * matthias.meusburger: Bug 8282: Bug in modules list in
17:40 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8241 - Remove stray references to YUI autocomplete
17:40 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 8241: Remove text fragment from Z39.50-Server search
17:40 jenkins_koha * alex.arnaud: Bug 8224 - Make authorized values appear in planning list
17:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8289 critical, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Master , Upgrading from 2.2 does not work anymore
17:40 jenkins_koha * adrien.saurat: Bug 7379: display of copy number description (AV)
17:40 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8194 - Layout problem on subscription add when showing manual history
17:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8282 normal, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, Pushed to Master , Bug in modules list in
17:40 jenkins_koha * julian.maurice: Bug 6090: Do not enqueue empty messages
17:40 jenkins_koha * veron: Bug 7368 - General staff client typo omnibus
17:40 jenkins_koha * 7143 Followup for timeline
17:40 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8255: allow local cover images to be cached
17:40 jenkins_koha * sophie.meynieux: Bug 8191 : Adding a new value to 8 position of coded data field 100
17:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8241 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Remove stray references to YUI autocomplete
17:40 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8181 [REVISED] Replace DynArch calendar widget with jQueryUI version
17:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8224 normal, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Pushed to Master , and aqbudgets: authorized values doesn't appear in planning list
17:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7379 normal, P3, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , copynumber is displayed 'as is' when linked to autorised values
17:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8194 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Layout problem on subscription add when showing manual history
17:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6090 minor, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , empty mails in message_queue are sent
17:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7368 trivial, P5 - low, ---, veron, ASSIGNED , General staff client typo omnibus
17:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8255 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Local cover images should be cacheable
17:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8191 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, sophie.meynieux, Pushed to Master , New value for 8 position in coded data field 100 in unimarc
17:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8181 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Replace DynArch calendar widget with jQueryUI version
17:42 eythian yes, that might be it.
17:42 eythian I wonder if it's worth redoing the scheme of that some time. Post-upgrade perhaps.
17:42 eythian *schema
17:43 jcamins What do you mean?
17:43 jcamins Using foreign keys is a Good Thing.
17:43 jcamins Not having foreign keys is a Disastrous Thing.
17:44 eythian Well, since it ended up as myisam terror somehow, I should separate out the data and the schema, put a fresh, correct schema in and load the data into that.
17:44 jcamins Ah.
17:44 jcamins Yes.
17:44 jcamins Agreed.
17:44 jcamins I thought you meant changing the schema in Koha.
17:44 eythian no
17:44 jcamins Good. :)
17:53 eythian Ah, found the source of it.
17:53 eythian Don't know why, but the template on one of our servers is set like that.
17:53 jcamins Yikes.
17:53 jcamins You'll want to change that.
17:53 eythian Yeah
17:54 eythian It needs to be upgraded anyway
18:10 gmcharlt joined #koha
18:11 huginn joined #koha
18:15 ryehex joined #koha
18:17 ryehex is there a problem with lists "virtualshelves" in the newer koha installs. Here is the error I'm getting: [Mon Jun 25 15:05:47 2012] DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`koha_koha`.`virtualshelves`, CONSTRAINT `virtualshelves_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`owner`) REFERENCES `borrowers` (`borrowe
18:19 wizzyrea the second question?
18:19 wahanui the second question is "What is the exact error message?"
18:19 wizzyrea the third question?
18:19 wahanui the third question is "What version of Koha are you using?"[…]ion-koha-running/
18:19 wizzyrea (I couldn't remember if it was 2nd or 3rd. :P)
18:23 drojf whenever i read that question after somebody tells about a problem in koha i think to myself "please be the fork, please be the fork"
18:23 jcamins lol
18:26 ryehex I did a clean install last week of 3.8.1 from the 'apt-get install koha-common'. then just an hour ago I updated to 3.8.2 by downloading that file
18:27 jcamins Downloading what file?
18:29 ryehex sorry...the latest stable release (3.8.2) from here:
18:30 jcamins But not using sudo apt-get upgrade koha-common?
18:31 jcamins You need to do one or the other or things get weird.
18:36 ryehex ok I didn't know that the two ways would cause conflict. I should have figured after I finished today's upgrade and the koha_conf.xml files were a bit messed up.
18:39 ryehex when installing a fresh koha do you recommend to install  from or to use the apt-get way?
18:40 jcamins apt-get.
18:40 jcamins No question.
18:44 ryehex is there anyway to tell what version of koha apt-get will pull down
18:46 jcamins sudo apt-get update && apt-cache show koha-common
18:50 edveal joined #koha
19:24 mbalmer joined #koha
19:34 mbalmer left #koha
19:42 rangi Morning
19:42 hdl joined #koha
19:42 rangi I also like apt-cache policy
19:43 rangi Does much the same
19:45 rangi Hmm do people think if I extended the ris export to do things like 773a and a few others for marc21 it could go upstream?
19:47 jcamins rangi: yes.
19:47 jcamins rangi: at least, I'm sure they'd take it if the project is still around.
19:47 rangi Sweet
19:48 jcamins It's most definitely missing that.
19:48 rangi I'll try to do it in a way that can go to both projects
19:50 jcamins Shouldn't be too hard. I don't think we made any changes.
19:51 rangi Excellent
19:52 rangi It's always nice to give back to those whose work we are using
19:52 rangi Something as a project we could do better I think
20:00 sekjal joined #koha
20:07 nengard left #koha
20:14 cait-m__ joined #koha
20:16 drojf joined #koha
20:17 cait-m__ hi all
20:17 jcamins o/
20:17 sekjal hi, cait-m__
20:22 rangi hi cait-m__ and sekjal
20:23 sekjal hi, rangi
20:23 cait-m__ hi rangi
20:26 sekjal time to go.  cheers, #koha!
20:38 drojf joined #koha
20:45 kathryn joined #koha
21:18 rangi cool this dom stuff just works !
21:19 jcamins rangi: woohoo!
21:19 rangi i like that you can do -a -b -x now!
21:19 jcamins I'm probably going to cherry-pick that in August.
21:19 jcamins (not for 3.6.x)
21:19 jcamins (for me:)
21:19 rangi right :)
21:22 cait-m__ joined #koha
21:23 drojf jcamins: if i wanted to have a look at the not-fun code for analyzing search strings you mentioned in an email today, where would i start?
21:24 jcamins drojf: C4::Search::buildQuery.
21:24 rangi and then
21:24 drojf thanks
21:24 rangi if you wanted to be awesome
21:24 rangi bug 8233
21:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8233 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , New search engine layer - introduce solr without breaking anything else
21:25 jcamins Yeah, Bug 8233 is definitely worth looking at too.
21:25 jcamins But, it wouldn't fix Zebra.
21:25 rangi nope, but fixing it there .. would mean we wont have to fix it in 2 places
21:25 rangi ie fixing it in
21:26 rangi
21:26 rangi was my idea
21:26 jcamins rangi: oh, yeah.
21:27 jcamins rangi: but I wasn't going to suggest that drojf start coding in Koha::SearchEngine::Zebra until he'd looked at the code and considered whether he *really* wanted to work on it.
21:27 rangi heh true :)
21:27 rangi it makes orges cry
21:27 jcamins drojf: and actually, I recommend against putting everything directly in
21:27 rangi ogres too
21:27 drojf i will probably dont understand anything :)
21:28 rangi if you understand C4::Search
21:28 rangi you are insane
21:28 drojf hahaha
21:28 jcamins I still believe that we should have, which generates a platform-agnostic query data structure, *then* uses the engine-specific routines to serialize it for the search engine.
21:28 drojf sounds like something for me then
21:28 jcamins Otherwise, we'll just have this conversation again in 8 years or so.
21:29 rangi jcamins: yep, that wouldnt be a bad plan, could whack that in quite easily now .. before there is too much code built
21:29 drojf jcamins: yes that way we could have a lot of search engines now or in the future
21:30 rangi[…]/  <-- we should be able to drop this in now, and get 3 (zebra solr and elastic search)
21:30 jcamins "Koha doesn't support whizbang query syntax that uses those net drumstick thingies that what's his name wrote about!"
21:30 cait-m__ and search links would be the same?
21:30 rangi solr is using[…]rchEngine/
21:30 jcamins cait-m__: well, even better would be if search links worked.
21:31 rangi right bug 7818 is in the 3.8.x now
21:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7818 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Stable , support DOM mode for Zebra indexing of bibliographic records
21:32 jcamins rangi++
21:33 jcamins cait-m__: for example, having non-Latin alphabet tracings work consistently.
21:33 rangi the awesome thing with elasticsearch, is its essentially schema less
21:33 rangi you pass the schema with the object you want indexed
21:33 jcamins rangi: so's solr, isn't it?
21:33 rangi not to the same extent
21:34 rangi on a collection level it is, not down to the actual object
21:34 jcamins Ah.
21:35 rangi means you could index unimarc, marc21, dc, whatever all in the same 'collection'
21:35 rangi but more usefully
21:35 rangi you could index the data and the metadata in the same collection
21:35 jenkins_koha Starting build #70 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:35 rangi too much to play with, not enough time :)
21:36 jcamins lol
21:36 jcamins Yup.
21:36 rangi you know that i like
21:36 jcamins Waaay too little time.
21:36 rangi really simple thing but cool
21:36 rangi bug 8301
21:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8301 enhancement, P3, ---, veron, Signed Off , Display additional system information (preferences) on About page to minimize support cases
21:36 jcamins Yeah, that's an awesome idea.
21:39 cait-m__ night :-)
21:39 rangi night cait-m__
21:39 jcamins There are a lot of pretty awesome ideas that need signing off.
21:41 rangi *nod*
21:43 mgeist Good evening all.
22:01 Callender joined #koha
22:04 rangi hmm bug 8310
22:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8310 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , All parts an instance should be under one path
22:04 rangi i think that would go against the packaging rules
22:04 jcamins rangi: yeah, I like the idea. I was thinking of mount --bind for my chroots as the best option.
22:05 jcamins If there were a koha-chroot package, it could automatically set them up.
22:05 rangi yep, just have to do it in a way, that can still get into debian proper .. which is the ultimate goal of the packages
22:06 rangi ahh i see eythian commented already
22:08 edveal left #koha
22:09 kyleh_ joined #koha
22:10 mtj- joined #koha
22:10 mattsz joined #koha
22:10 drojf better get some sleep. good night #koha
22:11 senator_ joined #koha
22:12 cjh_ joined #koha
22:12 phasefx_ joined #koha
22:13 rangi joined #koha
22:14 magnuse joined #koha
22:14 jcamins joined #koha
22:14 * jcamins totally missed Stefano's announcement about the VIAF autosuggest.
22:15 rangi hmm?
22:15 pastebot joined #koha
22:15 jcamins Did anyone else see it?
22:15 rangi nope
22:15 * jcamins wonders where dgrobani got it from.
22:15 rangi he may have sent it to him, daniel asks for news items
22:15 jcamins[…]ent_for_the_Staff
22:16 jcamins Wow.
22:16 jcamins That is incredibly cool.
22:16 rangi yes, yes it is!
22:18 * rangi tweets about that
22:21 rangi good newsletter all round
22:27 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #70: SUCCESS in 52 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/70/
22:27 jenkins_koha * gmc: Bug 7818: update installer for biblio DOM indexing
22:27 jenkins_koha * gmc: Bug 7818: update miscellaneous installer scripts
22:27 jenkins_koha * gmc: Bug 7818: utility to generate DOM indexing configs
22:27 jenkins_koha * gmc: Bug 7818: move koha-indexdefs-to-zebra.xsl
22:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7818 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Stable , support DOM mode for Zebra indexing of bibliographic records
22:27 jenkins_koha * gmc: Bug 7818: add index_data_field option to DOM indexing repertoire
22:27 jenkins_koha * gmc: Bug 7818: Zebra DOM filter index definitions for MARC21 bibs
22:27 jenkins_koha * gmc: Bug 7818: -x option of now works with DOM filter
22:27 jenkins_koha * gmc: Bug 7818: use Title-cover for title phrase weighting
22:27 jenkins_koha * gmc: Bug 7818: update comment to clarify availability of DOM index mode
22:27 jenkins_koha * gmc: Bug 7818: add warning about not editing record.abs when using DOM filter
22:27 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 7818 Add UNIMARC biblio records zebra DOM def files
22:27 jenkins_koha Starting build #71 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:30 laurence joined #koha
22:42 jcamins rangi: did you look at bug 8244?
22:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8244 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Script to find exporter problems
22:43 rangi havent yet
22:44 rangi but i like the idea a lot
22:44 rangi arguments for xt tests are ok imho
22:44 jcamins Well, I like the rewritten version.
22:45 rangi *nod*
22:45 jcamins Except for the fact that the extension is .pl.
22:45 jcamins But I figured I should check whether there was any reason for that before signing off and changing the extension to .t.
22:46 rangi theres precedent for that, there are a bunch of things like find-nonutf8 that dont even have an extension
22:46 jcamins Really?
22:46 jcamins Ugh.
22:46 rangi proving on xt is nice
22:46 rangi but its not really what its for
22:46 rangi prove on t
22:46 rangi run specific xt tests depending on your use cases
22:47 * jcamins is of the opinion that all xt tests should pass on the repo.
22:48 rangi xt doesnt contain only tests, it has some scripts to fix things too, like the license problems, which we shouldnt run all the time obviously
22:48 jcamins Shouldn't xt be only eXtended Tests?
22:48 jcamins And shouldn't tests not change things?
22:49 rangi xt is release only tests
22:49 rangi not eXtendend
22:49 jcamins Oh.
22:50 jcamins Well, "eXtended" made sense to me. :P
22:50 rangi extended functional/unit tests could go in t/extended :)
22:50 rangi basically xt is all the stuff we should check/fix before a release
22:50 jcamins Oh, so xt is, indeed, what I want to be running.
22:50 * jcamins returns to his stance on .t
22:51 rangi well xt doesnt always contain perl etc, but yes for a perl test .t is fine
22:51 * jcamins has reason to run `prove xt/` regularly, therefore, it should be easy. :P
22:51 rangi prove xt will miss a bunch of things you want to run too
22:51 rangi you want to do prove xt/author as well
22:52 Irma joined #koha
22:52 * jcamins runs `prove t/ t/db_dependent/ t/www/ xt/ xt/author/` and a few othters.
22:52 jcamins *others
22:53 rangi if you look at the wiki, you can see what jenkins does
22:54 rangi much the same
22:54 jcamins What's the prove_cover?
22:54 rangi[…]nuous_Integration
22:54 jcamins Yeah, I'm reading that now.
22:55 rangi runs prove and generates a coverage report too
22:55 jcamins Hm. Not sure that would be useful to me.
22:55 rangi soon i will make builds fail if coverage drops
22:55 jcamins Okay, that would be useful.
22:55 rangi ie you introduce new untested code bang
22:55 rangi but not before 3.10
22:55 jcamins Right.
22:55 rangi also
22:55 rangi i have now done this
22:56 jcamins I should push my new to my repo.
22:56 rangi http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]heckstyleResult/?
22:56 rangi checkstyle now runs on Koha/
22:56 rangi i figure C4/ is a lost cause anyway
22:57 jcamins Cool!
22:57 jcamins Unfortunately, we have complaints.
22:57 * jcamins would like to run that on C4::Search, just to see it.
22:57 jcamins How do you do that?
22:57 jcamins Is that the measureperl-checkstyle line?
22:57 rangi thats it
22:58 rangi i think i might up the complexity
22:58 rangi 10 is a bit low
22:58 rangi :)
22:59 rangi, CyclomaticComplexityCheck, Priority: High
22:59 jcamins Ugh.
22:59 jcamins No Debian packages.
22:59 jcamins Later.
22:59 rangi thats Koha/Indexer/
22:59 rangi dh-make-perl --cpan --build
23:00 rangi then we can get eythian to submit it to debian :)
23:00 jcamins Oh, yeah, I know, but then I have to add it to my apt repo.
23:01 jcamins etc., etc.
23:01 * jcamins has a whole procedure in place to make sure that he doesn't do anything boneheaded.
23:01 jcamins It even works sometimes.
23:01 rangi :)
23:07 jcamins Whoah, install_misc/environment_Makefile.PL is really cool.
23:09 brylie joined #koha
23:10 rangi hi brylie
23:10 rangi jcamins: it is isnt it :)
23:10 henryb joined #koha
23:11 jcamins rangi: yeah. A shame I rewrote it before I learned about it.
23:12 jcamins rangi: new version of (and
23:13 rangi cool
23:13 jcamins
23:13 jcamins I should see if I can push to that repo on
23:13 jcamins chris_n said something about maybe setting that up.
23:14 jcamins I cannot.
23:20 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #71: SUCCESS in 52 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/71/
23:20 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 8289 Upgrading from 2.2 does not work anymore
23:20 jenkins_koha * matthias.meusburger: Bug 8282: Bug in modules list in
23:20 jenkins_koha * alex.arnaud: Bug 8224 - Make authorized values appear in planning list
23:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8289 critical, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Stable , Upgrading from 2.2 does not work anymore
23:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8282 normal, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, Pushed to Stable , Bug in modules list in
23:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8224 normal, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Pushed to Stable , and aqbudgets: authorized values doesn't appear in planning list
23:39 brylie hi rangi
23:39 brylie How are you today?
23:39 rangi not too bad, busy as usual, and u?
23:40 brylie Really great! We just got back from an epic walk around San Fran.
23:40 brylie Now I am settling in to do some web development.
23:40 rangi excellent
23:44 papa joined #koha
23:49 brylie_ joined #koha
23:50 jenkins_koha Starting build #72 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:50 brylie_ joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary