IRC log for #koha, 2012-06-21

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:41 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #764: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 2 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/764/
00:42 jenkins_koha Starting build #765 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #762 4 hr 23 min ago)
01:11 Oak joined #koha
01:12 * Oak waves
01:36 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
01:36 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #765: FIXED in 54 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/765/
02:41 talljoy joined #koha
02:42 talljoy left #koha
03:04 druthb joined #koha
03:04 druthb o/
03:06 rangi hi druthb
03:07 druthb :D  Hi, rangi!
03:10 mtj i have a quick/dumb question about bug 8253
03:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8253 blocker, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Fine doubling
03:11 laurence joined #koha
03:11 mtj shouldnt the fix to this bug be- a tweak to the script?
03:12 mtj ... to get the  script searching the description col with a 'date' value, not a 'datetime' value
03:13 Brooke joined #koha
03:13 Brooke hoka hey
03:14 druthb hi, Brooke. :)
03:14 Brooke evenin' miss
03:26 samerrill joined #koha
03:39 ago43 mtj: I think it is because the relevant tables use datetime in 3.8, versus date as the 'type'.
03:40 ago43 I'll ask Kyle for a better explanation.
04:02 Oak joined #koha
04:06 Oak_ joined #koha
04:19 * Oak_ waves
04:27 cait joined #koha
05:17 Oak guten morgen senorita cait
05:18 cait ola senor Oak
05:35 Oak_ joined #koha
06:19 alex_a bonjour
06:25 laurence joined #koha
06:32 marcelr joined #koha
06:32 marcelr morning koha
06:48 reiveune joined #koha
06:48 reiveune hello
06:51 marcelr hi reiveune
06:54 kf joined #koha
06:54 kf good morning #koha
06:58 mveron joined #koha
06:58 kf guten morgen :)
06:59 julian_m joined #koha
07:00 matts hi #koha !
07:00 mveron hi #koha
07:01 mveron Guten morgen kf :-)
07:01 kf hi matts and julian :)
07:02 mveron kf: Can I be of any help with the translation?
07:03 kf Sure :)
07:03 kf I haven't started yet and we only have today :(
07:03 kf so not sure I will finish in time for 3.8.3 string freeze tonight
07:03 kf any string you can trasnlate today is a help
07:03 kf most is fuzzy strings in documentation
07:04 kf but reading it I started correcting a lot too
07:05 hdl1 joined #koha
07:05 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:05 mveron kf:Ok, I will walk through
07:05 gaetan_B hello
07:05 wahanui privet, gaetan_B
07:07 julian_m good morning #koha
07:16 asaurat joined #koha
07:18 marcelr hi julian_m
07:19 julian_m hi marcelr
07:33 kf mveron++
07:34 mveron :-)
07:35 * mveron makes a short break for a support case
07:35 kf mveron: I will check the files for erros ealry afternoon (or at least that's the plan, plz feel free to remind me :) )
07:35 mveron Ok
07:36 kf mveron: what I do is download the files and open them in poedit - it gives errors for mostof the problems and then I correct those on pootle
07:38 mveron kf:Thanks, will do
07:38 kf mveron: only telling you - it's not something secret :)
07:38 mveron :-)
07:39 kf mveron: so anyone can check the files, it's only important to do it, because the translation scripts can have problems with errors and stop prematurely without creating all files :(
07:39 kf (like they currently do in 3.8)
08:07 * mveron is back from supporting issue
08:11 marcelr welkom terug mveron
08:11 mveron Daag marcelr. Hoe is het ermee?
08:11 marcelr prima
08:12 asaurat1 joined #koha
08:29 eythian joined #koha
08:33 reiveune1 joined #koha
08:34 eythian wahanui: hi
08:34 wahanui hi, eythian
08:55 magnuse ah yes, translatation
09:07 marcelr mveron: please see 7143 for a similar timeline bug but with a "fix" in about script; you may sign it off :-)
09:09 mveron marcelr: OK, will have a look at it
09:10 chris_n` joined #koha
09:13 francharb joined #koha
09:30 alex_a joined #koha
09:31 whois joined #koha
09:31 whois hi all
09:32 whois please help me.
09:32 whois Can't call method "subfield" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/
09:33 whois please fix solution above?
09:36 mveron marcelr: 7143 is signed off
09:37 marcelr thx mveron
09:39 eythian whois: you're going to have to provide more information.
09:40 mveron whois:[…]April/032641.html
09:45 whois I proceeded to create a new record (books, booklets, workbooks) and select Save and edit items> Add items then the message:
09:45 whois "
09:45 whois Software error:
09:45 whois Can not call method "subfield" on an undefined value at
09:45 whois / usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line in 2919.
09:45 whois "
09:45 whois I go back then click on page and saw the new record is created
09:47 whois please fix solution on
09:54 matts whois, do you have more information in the log file ?
10:00 mveron kf: 6 untranslated sentences left.
10:00 * mveron Lunchtime
10:01 kf mveron: wow! great!
10:01 kf mveron: was in a meeting, just came back
10:01 kf mveron++
10:03 mveron kf: Thanks :-)    - but I only did sentences where no translation showed up. I think there is still a  lot of correction wor to do.
10:03 mveron kf: Will be back about 2 p.m.
10:03 kf mveron: we have to do all :(
10:04 kf mveron: all that is fuzzy counts as untranslated
10:04 kf so all have to be checked and unfuzzied
10:04 mveron kf: Will work on it after 2 p.m.
10:08 laurence left #koha
10:08 whois left #koha
10:13 matts joined #koha
10:17 Oak joined #koha
10:18 magnuse Oak
10:18 Oak magnuse
10:18 Oak kia ora #koha
10:18 magnuse kia ora Oak and matts
10:19 Oak :)
10:19 matts ?
10:20 eythian borrowers.address and can't be null? What madness is this?
10:22 matts joined #koha
10:23 matts ohh, got it !
10:23 matts :)
10:26 kf eythian: the whole table is a bit messy, lots of different datatypes too
10:28 eythian it really is
10:37 magnuse probably one of the oldest tables? :-)
10:51 kf eythian can fix it when he is done with the accounts rewrite ;)
10:51 eythian bah
10:54 kf heh
11:04 martin_ joined #koha
11:06 martin_ anyone in here any good with SRU... trying to work out how to limit a search by koha itemtype and really not getting very far.?
11:07 mrenvoize_m joined #koha
11:07 kf hi mrenvoize_m
11:09 magnuse martin_: i'm a bit rusty, but i can try...
11:09 martin_ hi kf (yes.. i am logged in twice.. no idea where i'm logged in a mrenvoize the first time though... just keeps saying i'm logged in somewhere)
11:10 magnuse hiya jcamins
11:10 martin_ cheers magnuse..  so initally i'm just trying to get a result limited by itemtype..
11:10 martin_ my test server is at[…]&maximumRecords=5
11:11 magnuse martin_: etc/zebradb/ is the key:[…]db/
11:11 martin_ the keyword Subject seems to work as expected, but Itemtype does not. It is however picking the right index 1031 (going on the diag message), but bringing up an error instead of results.. any idea's what i might be doing wrong?
11:12 martin_ Yeah, i've been trying to work out that file (and, and bib1.att for that matter)
11:13 magnuse martin_: using marc21?
11:13 martin_ yes
11:14 magnuse etc/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios/record.abs is a good place to start, then
11:14 magnuse itemtype is in 952 something, right?
11:14 martin_ yeah, 951$y I beleive
11:15 martin_ thats a new file to me, not looked at that one yet, cheers
11:15 magnuse yup
11:15 magnuse record.abs says that field is indexed in the itype index
11:15 jcamins martin_: did you confirm that you don't want itype (instead of Itemtype)?
11:16 magnuse next: bib1.att says "att 8031    itype"
11:16 jcamins Ah, that's what you are doing now.
11:16 * jcamins stops talking.
11:16 martin_ jcamins, yeah.. tried "itype", "Itemtype" and "itemtype"...
11:16 martin_ capitalisation dones't seem to change the result.
11:17 magnuse but does not mention 8031 :-(
11:17 magnuse it does have "index.dc.itemtype           = 1=1031"
11:17 magnuse though
11:17 ropuch If your'e talking koha itemtype it's 942c
11:17 martin_ itype comes up with "Unsupported index" with no message.. whereas "itemtype" comes up with unsupported index, but has a message giving me the correct number for the index "1031"
11:17 jcamins ropuch: yeah, but itype is where the data is actually stored.
11:17 magnuse bib1.att says "att 1031    Material-type"
11:18 ropuch jcamins: oh, kk
11:19 magnuse record.abs says "Material-type" comes from 007 and 502
11:19 martin_ wow.. it's way mroe of a maze in there than i thought.
11:19 magnuse so as far as i can see there is no way to search for the contents of 952$y in SRU...
11:20 magnuse you should be able to do what you want to do by adding a new index to
11:20 martin_ i see... any chance you cold direct me to somewher that says how those files all fit together.. i'm a tad confused with the path you just followed to work that out
11:21 magnuse something like "index.local.itemtype               = 1=8031"
11:21 magnuse i have explained it in norwegian somewhere once...
11:22 magnuse but let me try to do the short version
11:22 martin_ cheers magnuse..
11:22 magnuse record.abs maps from marc fields (952$y) to zebra indexes (itype)
11:23 magnuse bib1.att maps from zebra indexes (itype) to bib1 attributes (8031)
11:24 magnuse maps from bib1 attributes (8031) to indexes that are available to SRU (e.g. index.dc.itemtype - you can add your own too)
11:25 martin_ so pqf is specific to SRU only..?
11:25 magnuse hm, not sure, but at least it is the one SRU uses
11:25 martin_ just wondering how and fit into the mix..
11:25 magnuse one is CQL-queries and the other is for CCL queries
11:26 magnuse they are different "query languages"
11:27 martin_ i see.. that makes sense.. the SRU url includes a CQL query to narrow down the search (i.e. the query=itemtype=ART part) as far as i could work out.
11:28 magnuse yup
11:28 martin_ thnkas for your help.. you've given me a fair bit more to think about and "play" with..
11:28 magnuse i'm not sure, but maybe it should be "query=dc.itemtype=something"
11:29 martin_ i've tried that one too... :P  and came up with the same result.
11:29 magnuse because dc.itemtype is searching 007something and 502
11:29 martin_ going to try adding the index.local line you suggested.. that'll require a rebuilt though i assume?
11:30 jcamins No, no rebuilding.
11:30 magnuse nope, the indexes are already populated, it's just a question of making them available to sru
11:31 jcamins If the data is already in the index, you're just telling Zebra about how to make use of the data.
11:31 martin_ ah yeah. of course.. silly me.
11:32 magnuse hm, does "melm 502        Material-type" make sense for "502 - Dissertation Note"?
11:32 martin_ the records on this server seem to contain neither 502's nor 007's... maybe not the best server to be testing this against.
11:32 jcamins magnuse: ... maybe?
11:33 jcamins magnuse: I wouldn't have thought so, but that's just me.
11:33 magnuse me neither, but who am i to say?
11:33 jcamins martin_: most records won't have 502s or 007s.
11:35 martin_ that's good.. if they should then i my import wasn't very good :p
11:35 jcamins Hehe.
11:36 martin_ hmm.. adding the "index.local.itemtype" line doesn't seem to help.. (or index.local.kohaitemtype which i then tried just in case it was clashing with the index.dc.itemtype line above it)
11:38 magnuse how are you using it in the url?
11:40 martin_ as[…]aximumRecords=100
11:40 jwagner joined #koha
11:40 martin_ so "query=kohaitemtype=ART"
11:40 martin_ will probably chance to something smaller once i've got it working.
11:41 magnuse hm, try defining it as index.kohaitemtype ?
11:41 martin_ same result..
11:41 magnuse so "index.kohaitemtype              = 1=8031"
11:41 magnuse hm
11:41 martin_ even with index.local.kohaitemtype
11:42 martin_ yup
11:42 nengard joined #koha
11:43 talljoy joined #koha
11:48 magnuse hm, it looks like prefixes like "dc" have to be defined, so "local" will not work
11:48 magnuse try "index.dc.kohaitemtype" ?
11:50 mveron kf:Back...
11:50 oleonard joined #koha
11:55 kf hi oleonard
11:55 martin_ still no luck..
11:55 kf martin_: perhaps file a bug?
11:55 oleonard Hi all
11:55 martin_ what do the prefixes actually mean (dc i imagine is dublin core?... but how does that actually relate)
11:56 martin_ hi oleonard
11:56 martin_ kf: maybe, though it might jut be me trying to do somthing others are unlikely to ever want to do?
11:56 kf hm don't think so
11:56 magnuse martin_: i think they are just namespaces, sort of. they are "defined" on lines 13 etc of
11:57 kf I can imagine it's something people might want - and someone might read it and have an idea on how to do it :)
11:57 magnuse martin_: i know i have successfully added an index for sru, but i can't remember where, and the changes i did are probably lost anyway...
11:58 kylemhall bug 8253 now has a new patch ready for sign-off
11:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8253 blocker, P3, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Fine doubling
11:58 martin_ no worries magnuse, you've been really great in upping my understanding of how zebra fits together so far...
11:58 mveron kf: I browse now through Pootle (online) to do items marked as "fragwürdig"
11:59 kf mveron: ah, what you can do is
11:59 kf mveron: click on the words waiting for translation from this page:
11:59 kf
11:59 kf 4302 currently
12:00 kf working on it too right now, waiting for someone
12:00 mveron kf: Ok. 4289 currently...
12:01 mveron ...'benötigen Aufmerksamkeit'
12:01 kf this translation is not from me :)
12:01 kf I am working with the english interface
12:02 mveron kf: ...but it sounds very polite :-)
12:02 kf heh true :)
12:03 mveron kf: dass Sie nur 1 von mehreren Titeln erhalten wollen   1 -> einen ? English one
12:05 kf ah
12:05 kf ingore that
12:05 kf I already corrected that string :)
12:05 kf einen
12:05 kf jump to next
12:06 kf 4016 now
12:06 mveron kf: I skip a couple of entries to prevent collisions
12:06 kf lol
12:06 kf I just did the same :)
12:09 mveron kf: Ok I go back to the first one... :-)
12:09 kf they are alphabetic
12:10 kf perhaps we should use separate letters?
12:10 kf currently mine start with if
12:11 mveron kf: OK, i skip very far ahead.
12:11 drojf joined #koha
12:11 drojf hi #koha
12:15 mveron hi drojf
12:15 kf hi drojf
12:15 kf want to join the translation fun?
12:16 kf mveron: I am at Wichtig now = Important
12:16 drojf kf: would get problems with my boss i guess. other job today
12:16 drojf could join in the evening
12:17 drojf if you leave me something ;)
12:17 kf ah too late then
12:17 mveron kf: By skipping without editing it seems that "fuzzy" is removed, did it with several items witout correcting them.
12:17 kf hm no
12:17 kf go back and you see it does not get removed
12:17 kf or at least never worked for me
12:18 kf 3233 now
12:18 mveron Ok.
12:18 collum joined #koha
12:18 kf afaik you either have to change something in the string or remove the fuzzy manually
12:20 oleonard After two checkouts and three or four checkins this is what the new statistics page looks like:
12:21 oleonard Isn't that wrong or am I missing something?
12:21 mveron kf: Ok. No Heinzelmännchen
12:22 drojf must. translate. one. alibi. string
12:22 kf why location itype and ccode?
12:23 kf 3059
12:23 kf and what is previous state?
12:23 kf and current state?
12:26 kf 2961
12:27 oleonard From the commit: '"precedent state", the number of checkouts the patron had yesterday on its library card'
12:27 oleonard '"actual state", the number of checkouts on the borrower card at the current date'
12:27 kf hm
12:27 kf maybe current checkouts
12:27 kf and yesterday's checkouts?
12:30 drojf kf: how would i know why they all are "fragwürdig"? or is it the default for a new version? there is not really anything to translate there
12:30 * mveron has a support case
12:31 kf drojf: something got changed, I think punctuation most of the time
12:31 kf drojf: but it's still very similar to the old version, so marked fuzzy
12:32 drojf ok
12:32 kf @marc 852
12:32 huginn kf: Identifies the organization holding the item or from which it is available. May also contain detailed information about how to locate the item in a collection. (Repeatable) [a,b,c,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,p,q,s,t,u,x,z,2,3,6,8]
12:34 edveal joined #koha
12:35 kf 2720
12:35 kf have to stop now
12:35 alex_a1 joined #koha
12:35 tcohen joined #koha
12:35 * mveron is back
12:36 oleonard So I figured out (Googled) how to generate a patch for a single file among many change files in one commit
12:36 magnuse martin_: did you restart zebra when you tested the new index? i just made it work on my dev install, but had to restart
12:36 oleonard git format-patch [commit id] file(s)
12:36 martin_ ah. no.. didn't think to restart zebra.. of course..
12:36 jcamins oleonard++
12:37 martin_ silly me.. it won't read the ocnfig file otherwise..
12:37 magnuse martin_: yup
12:37 * magnuse is silly too
12:38 martin_ thanks magnus, works like a dream now!
12:38 magnuse w00t!
12:39 gaetan_B fredericd: bonjour :) until what time can we send the .po i am working on for 3.8.2 ?
12:39 * martin_ would hug magnus if he was close :p
12:39 martin_ cheers
12:41 magnuse yay ;-)
12:46 kf fredericd: same queston from me :)
12:52 jcamins martin_: if you look in kohaclone/etc/zebradb, you'll find the files that get installed.
12:52 eythian select count(attribute),distinct(attribute) from borrower_attributes where code='WARD' group by attribute;
12:52 eythian why is that a syntax error?
12:53 martin_ haha.. you just read my comment on the bug.. cheers jcamins
12:53 kf hm maybe count and distinct?
12:53 kf not ure you need the distinct
12:54 eythian select count(attribute),attribute from borrower_attributes where code='WARD' group by attribute;
12:54 eythian that's what I actually want
12:54 kf select count(attribute), attribute
12:54 martin_ try select count(distinct(attribute)) from borrower_attributes where code='WARD' group by attribute;
12:54 jcamins Yeah, distinct does not do what you think it does.
12:54 eythian but I still don't understand why the first is a syntax error
12:54 kf group by already gives you distinct
12:54 martin_ oop. think i got the wrong end of that stick.. i'll leve the pro's to answer that one.
12:54 kf I think both togehter don't work
12:54 eythian kf: it's an error without the group by
12:54 jcamins DISTINCT isn't a function.
12:55 kf oh
12:55 kf correct
12:55 eythian jcamins: that's probably the key point
12:55 kf keyword?
12:55 kf or how do you call those?
12:55 jcamins It's a modifier to SELECT.
12:58 ropuch Yup, it's like "SELECT" and "SELECT DISTINCT"
12:59 eythian yeah, makes sense then why it'd not work
13:00 eythian <-- that is certainly something
13:00 magnuse lol
13:01 ropuch hehe
13:01 mveron kf: Do we have a bug omnibus for typos found in the original text?
13:01 jcamins lol
13:02 magnuse mveron: bug 7367 and bug 7368
13:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7367 trivial, P5 - low, ---,, ASSIGNED , General OPAC typo omnibus
13:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7368 trivial, P5 - low, ---,, ASSIGNED , General staff client typo omnibus
13:03 * jcamins must find a use for foot pedals in his computer usage.
13:03 eythian jcamins: I could see it also being useful for emacs modifiers, if you swing that way
13:04 mveron magnuse: Thanks, this time I bookmark them...
13:04 jcamins eythian: you'd need about fifty pedals for Emacs.
13:04 * oleonard pictures a pipe organ
13:07 eythian only 5: escape, meta, alt, ctrl, shift
13:08 kf mveron: yes, try typo omnibus
13:08 kf ah, my scrolling always breaks :(
13:08 jcamins eythian: but you can't press more than two pedals at a time, so you need... 5!
13:09 jcamins No, that's not quite right.
13:09 jcamins The order doesn't matter.
13:09 mveron kf: I make a omnibus comment for the omnibus. :-)
13:09 * jcamins ponders.
13:09 ago43 joined #koha
13:12 jcamins 5 + 10 + 10 + 5 + 1
13:12 wahanui 31
13:13 jcamins There you go 31 different combinations of modifier keys.
13:13 jcamins So I suppose you could get away with about 15 pedals.
13:13 jcamins (because you have two feet)
13:17 tcohen hi #koh
13:17 tcohen a
13:29 maximep joined #koha
13:31 trea joined #koha
13:36 kf mveron++ drojf++ :)
13:36 mveron :-)
13:37 ago43 mtj: about the fines doubling patch, Kyle wrote: It seems like a bad idea to try switching this one part of Koha back to just dates when we've moved forward to datetimes. I have a new patch ready that updates the old fine dates to datetimes instead.
13:39 drojf oh it's done already?
13:39 kf mveron: checking for syntax errors now :)
13:40 drojf i wonder how we could make the translation more consistent
13:40 kf checking the pages after initial translation I think :(
13:40 kf and searching for the words in question
13:40 kf iterative...
13:41 kf ah 2 fatal errors
13:41 mveron kf: I do a general search for things like "Feld, in dem..." to replace with "Feld, wo..."
13:41 kf Feld, wo?
13:42 kf ok, now I got confused :)
13:42 mveron kf: Ist das nicht besser? Ein Feld, wo ... eingegeben werden können
13:42 drojf i think i need a standard version then
13:42 kf hm sounds not right to me
13:42 drojf ein feld wo ist süddeutsch
13:42 kf kinda swabian
13:42 drojf yes
13:42 kf or maybe swiss :)
13:42 kf I think "hochdeutsch" is in dem?
13:42 drojf there were some things like that
13:42 drojf "ein feld scheint auf" :D
13:42 kf ah yes
13:42 kf I have corrected one of those heh
13:43 mveron OK, I do a search on "Feld, wo"  :-)
13:43 kf ok, I am trying to find the fatal errors now :)
13:43 * drojf hopes he did not do them ;)
13:44 kf heh, I don't see who did and it happens so easily
13:44 kf we only have to remember to check
13:44 drojf haha i hoped you would not be able to see who did it :D
13:45 kf %s No %sproperties%ssearch domain%s defined.  - missing %s in translation
13:45 kf hm and something in here
13:45 kf Koha &rsaquo; Administration &rsaquo; Budgets %s&rsaquo; %s Modify budget'%s' %s Add budget %s %s %s&rsaquo; Duplicate budget%s %s&rsaquo; Delete budget '%s'? %s %s&rsaquo; Data deleted %s
13:45 drojf had none of those strange ones
13:46 mveron kf and drojf: "...ein Suchfeld, wo Sie entweder eine Lieferanten- oder eine Bestellungssuche durchführen können." It is the only one i changed, as far as I remember
13:47 kf most of the docs sound a bit weird
13:47 kf I think it would be better if we could translate the whole manual
13:47 kf and koha would pull in sections from there
13:47 drojf i wonder if it is possible to have some kind of dictionary/thesaurus for koha-librarianese that suggests translations based on context (module)
13:47 kf this way we would have a complete manual and context help
13:47 kf we could start a list on the wiki
13:48 kf or create mark records / authorities ;)
13:48 kf marc records
13:48 drojf marc records for translation?
13:48 kf I was joking :)
13:48 drojf would be an excellent project for somebody with a lot of time to spare :D
13:49 kf ok
13:49 kf opac was ok :)
13:49 drojf i would like more than a list. i have to think about that sometimes. i think i said that the last time already :/
13:50 drojf perhaps the manual could really be a start
13:50 magnuse +1 for ditching the help pages and integrating the manual!
13:51 jcamins +1
13:51 mveron +1
13:52 jcamins drojf++ # for having time to spare! :D
13:52 drojf heh
13:52 * jcamins will see if he can persuade Shari that this would be a good use of her time.
13:54 kf would need some pgoramming too :(
13:55 jcamins kf: that's what I meant I would persuade her to do. ;)
13:55 kf ooh :)
13:56 * oleonard hopes she doesn't shout "Shut up, nerd!" and kick sand in jcamins' face
13:56 jcamins Hehe.
13:59 jcamins Actually- why *don't* we do that already?
14:00 * jcamins will ask nengard, but it seems to him that life would be much easier for the doc manager if everything did not have to be copied from the manual.
14:00 oleonard Kick sand in each other's faces?
14:00 jcamins Extract our context-sensitive help directly from the manual.
14:00 alex_a joined #koha
14:01 mveron jcamins: ++
14:01 tcohen julian_m: may we talk about bug 8110
14:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8110 blocker, P1 - high, ---, kyle.m.hall, Failed QA , Fines accruing on closed days
14:02 jcamins Speaking of releasing things...
14:03 julian_m tcohen, yes. do you know why dates are truncated?
14:03 tcohen i can guess
14:04 julian_m removing the 2 calls to truncate seems to fix my problem
14:05 tcohen it has to do with how are dates substracted
14:06 tcohen a date includes hour and minutes data
14:06 tcohen so who wrote the code wanted the day part to be taken into account
14:08 julian_m but the other parts have to be taken into account too
14:09 tcohen of course
14:09 tcohen i was just guessing why it was truncated
14:10 tcohen i would even add that hourly loans might make this messier
14:10 tcohen if its being usend in that case
14:11 julian_m I think the problem was introduced by this commit c6f1f64cb71e9d8ec560a201a4a0bc16c1510f3f, subtraction is moved after truncation
14:13 tcohen bug 8251
14:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8251 critical, P1 - high, ---, koha, Pushed to Master , Patrons are systematically debarred at checkin
14:13 tcohen that's a patch I wrote
14:14 tcohen maybe truncation should be removed ?
14:15 julian_m i don't know, maybe just replacing subtraction before truncation would suffice
14:15 tcohen I don't understand why that would make the job
14:15 tcohen i'll re-read it
14:16 tcohen maybe truncation was not working at all as ->truncate('days') was used instead of the documented ->trunctaion('day')
14:21 mrenvoize2 joined #koha
14:29 julian_m tcohen, I'm testing truncate, it seems that "to => 'days'" dont' do anything and "to => 'day'" reset hour,minute and second to 0, so I don't understand why removing truncate from days_between fixed my problem...
14:30 tcohen I think we fixed things in a higher level
14:30 tcohen assuming truncation was working...
14:31 tcohen not sure as I've been out for a while
14:31 tcohen so, fixing the truncate use ight have consequences
14:33 tcohen julian_m, which is the function that is failing?
14:34 tcohen (in ?)
14:35 tcohen oh my...
14:35 tcohen truncate( to => 'minutes')
14:36 julian_m tcohen, in fact i think it's C4::Overdues::_get_chargeable_units which return $duration->in_units('days') and it doesn't take months or years into account
14:36 julian_m where do you see that?
14:37 tcohen grep -R 'truncate(' * | grep -v 'translator' | grep minute | grep 'truncate'
14:37 sophie_m joined #koha
14:38 tcohen i was just following Jonathan Druart advise to fix the truncate usage everywhere
14:39 * jcamins tests 3.6.6.
14:39 jcamins I guess I should send a message to koha-translate reminding you all that you have to finish before fredericd's close of business on Friday.
14:39 jcamins kf: mveron: drojf: I'm looking at you!
14:40 jcamins gaetan_B: you too.
14:40 kf jcamins: we have finished already.
14:40 jcamins kf: for 3.6.x, too?
14:40 kf of course
14:40 gaetan_B jcamins: i am double-checking what i have been doing right now and will send it in shortly !
14:40 jcamins :)
14:41 kf :P
14:41 jcamins kf++
14:41 jcamins mveron++
14:41 jcamins drojf++
14:41 jcamins gaetan_B++
14:41 kf were not many strings for 3.6.x
14:41 kf 3.8 was the hard one and mveron did most of ti :)
14:41 * mveron ...and introduces some helvetismes
14:42 drojf heh
14:42 kf heh
14:42 kf fair enough :)
14:42 drojf mveron: we need a swissgerman version
14:42 kf drojf: but who will translate for us when mveron has his own verson?
14:43 jcamins kf: drojf? ;)
14:43 mveron drojf: each of our dialects: Füfefufg, fünfefuzig, feufefuzg for 55  :-)
14:43 drojf mveron: we don't need a swissgerman version
14:43 kf fredericd++
14:43 drojf :P
14:43 jcamins Feufefuzg?
14:43 mveron Feufefüfzg is correct. For 55
14:43 kf citing fredericd "For translators working like mad in order to improve their language support in coming Koha 3.8.2, you can work until 7pm UTC."
14:44 kf ah
14:44 kf I am checking 3.6.3 for errors now
14:45 jcamins mveron: I don't know any German at all, and that word I can't even figure out how to pronounce!
14:46 kf don't try
14:46 kf you only hurt your throat
14:46 mveron jcamins: No need for you :-) We won't understand :-)
14:46 drojf how does that work with the nynorsk translation? i think there are a lot of different forms too
14:47 samerrill left #koha
14:47 jcamins lol
14:47 kf oh
14:47 drojf oh nevermind, there is not much nynorsk atm it seems
14:47 kf one error in 3.6.x staff
14:48 kf fixed
14:49 kf jcamins: now I am sad
14:49 kf jcamins: I have to wait for 3.6.6 until 20112?
14:50 kf perhaps I should get myself one of those cryo tanks
14:50 jcamins Oops.
14:50 kf ;)
14:51 julian_m tcohen, I wrote a comment on bug 8110, if you want to see...
14:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8110 blocker, P1 - high, ---, kyle.m.hall, Failed QA , Fines accruing on closed days
14:51 tcohen i've just read it
14:52 jcamins julian_m: doesn't DateTime provide support for figuring out leap years?
14:52 tcohen it does
14:52 magnuse nynorsk has its own translation, which noone is looking after at the moment
14:52 julian_m DateTime maybe but not DateTime::Duration
14:52 tcohen $dt->is_leap_year
14:52 julian_m it contains only a number of years, months, days, ...
14:53 tcohen julian_m, but adding a duration to a date should work as expected
14:53 jcamins julian_m: and not the start and end dates? That doesn't seem very localizeable.
14:54 julian_m jcamins, Data::Dumper tell me that:
14:54 julian_m $VAR1 = bless( {
14:54 julian_m 'seconds' => 22,
14:54 julian_m 'minutes' => 1006,
14:54 julian_m 'end_of_month' => 'wrap',
14:54 julian_m 'nanoseconds' => 0,
14:54 julian_m 'days' => 30,
14:54 julian_m 'months' => 0
14:54 julian_m }, 'DateTime::Duration' );
14:55 jcamins Pfeh.
14:55 * jcamins agrees with your suggestion.
14:55 julian_m tcohen, yes this should work, but we need a number of days :/
14:55 jcamins At least as a temporary fix.
14:55 jcamins I think.
14:55 * jcamins isn't an expert.
14:55 tcohen $duration->days doesn't work?
14:56 julian_m days return only the day part, month the month part, etc..
14:57 julian_m tcohen, try this: perl -E 'use DateTime; my $dt = DateTime->now(); $dt->truncate(to => 'day'); say $dt->year . "-" . $dt->month . "-" . $dt->day . "T" . $dt->hour . ":" . $dt->minute . ":" . $dt->second . "Z";'
14:57 tcohen yes, but rn't we trying to calculate fines using duration->days ?
14:58 julian_m hmm bad example, it doesn't use DateTime::Duration..
14:59 julian_m tcohen, i believe we're using $duration->in_units('days') which seems to be the same thing
15:01 reiveune1 bye$
15:01 julian_m not the same thing in fact, in_units is able to do some conversion, like years to months (always 12 months/year), or weeks to days (7days/week) but not months to days
15:01 reiveune1 left #koha
15:03 sekjal joined #koha
15:04 julian_m i have to go, bye all!
15:05 jcamins nengard: I had a question for you.
15:05 nengard yup?
15:05 jcamins Would I be correct in thinking your life would be easier if the context sensitive help for Koha were pulled directly from the manual?
15:06 jcamins So you didn't have to copy it in before each release.
15:06 kf translators would love it :)
15:06 francharb joined #koha
15:06 NateC joined #koha
15:07 nengard yes that would make my life easier
15:08 jcamins Okay, that's what I thought.
15:09 nengard what wouldn't make my life easier would be splitting the manual up in to multiple files or going away from docbook
15:09 kf nengard: perhaps there are nicer things than docbook
15:09 kf I think mahara uses some kind of wiki - the syntax looks lots easier
15:09 nengard transferring to docbook was a pain in the arse
15:09 kf yeah, we would have to convert it
15:10 nengard and I don't want to transfer again - not when I finally have it down to a science
15:10 kf not rewriting anything
15:10 nengard and we have scripts in place to generate the html and ? all of it took forever to get in place
15:10 jcamins nengard: my thought was that we already have the needed context information in IDs (and if we are missing it a few places, we should add it), and then Koha could just extract the content from Docbook.
15:10 nengard and the community voted on docbook cause it was easy for translators
15:10 nengard or so I was told
15:10 nengard when I learned it
15:10 nengard years ago
15:10 * jcamins doesn't care what the format is.
15:10 nengard jcamins - yes I have all the IDs in there
15:11 jcamins That's what I thought.
15:11 kf was only thinking a wiki might be easier for translators to work in - cooperatively - but I understand it would be hard to change now
15:11 nengard oh god! the wiki would be horrible!
15:11 kf nengard: not our wiki - it's a different softare. don't panic!
15:12 nengard hehe
15:12 kf I was only reading a blog post from anitsirk recently, where she said how the mahara community does translatable manuals
15:12 * jcamins panics. :D
15:13 kf wah
15:13 * kf starts working on her next ticket, hiding behind it
15:15 asaurat1 left #koha
15:15 francharb 0/
15:35 brylie joined #koha
15:39 brylie_ joined #koha
15:41 jcamins Um, wow.
15:41 jcamins That's quite a problem that just came across the list.
15:41 oleonard ՇÕ
15:41 oleonard Õ«Õ
15:41 oleonard Õ¿Õ
15:42 * jcamins doesn't know any Armenian.
15:42 jcamins But at least I know it's Armenian and not Georgian. I used to get the two alphabets confused, which was very embarrassing.
15:43 trea are there any resources for showing how relevance works in koha?
15:43 jcamins trea: I recommend the following:
15:43 jcamins 1. Hazmat suit.
15:43 jcamins 2. Strong liquor.
15:43 trea roger that
15:44 jcamins 3. Looking in C4/ around line 760, in sub _build_weighted_query.
15:46 * oleonard hopes his patch for Bug 8281 made it through to the patches list
15:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8281 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Remove unused YUI files
15:46 oleonard Ooops, no it didn't.
15:46 oleonard I guess attaching it to the bug will have to suffice.
15:47 oleonard Over 8 megabytes of YUI-killing goodness.
15:47 jcamins Wow!
15:47 oleonard All stuff we weren't using anyway
15:47 jcamins 8MB of unneeded files?
15:47 jcamins Ouch.
15:48 oleonard Great, Bugzilla won't take it either. :(
15:49 magnuse oleonard++
15:50 mveron nengard, kf, jcamins, drojf, magnuse: I think we can implement something that does not really change the process for manual authoring....
15:50 * mveron will try dive into the whole manual / help / trsnalation process to understand the status quo
15:51 jcamins mveron: that was my thought. I just want to change the process for help files.
15:51 jcamins I would like all the translations to come from the manual translations.
15:51 * oleonard prints out his patch and snail-mails it to random Koha people hoping for a sign-off
15:52 jcamins lol
15:58 mveron jcamins: Could be some sections in the manual, something like "Quickhelp".  If the whole manual is not translated, there could be at least a version just with the "Quickhelp". Koha then could grab those sections (defaulting to the original).
15:59 mtj oleonard: or push yr huge-patch to your github (or similar)  and paste that url in the bug?
15:59 oleonard Just did :)
15:59 jcamins mveron: exactly what I was thinking.
16:00 mtj owen, nice one :)
16:04 mveron jcamins: We could even do something like a "lazy initialization". First time, Koha grabs the section (could even be online) , then put it in a database.  Some Hash could make sure thatwe always have the newest version (or a button "get newset version").  The table could contain a field for private notes that are not affected by updates.
16:05 jcamins mveron++ # great minds think alike
16:05 mveron :-)
16:06 mveron It's the somewhat cumbersome translation work that makes me think :-)
16:07 oleonard mtj: How'd you like working with bootstrap?
16:08 mtj super easy, super fun  :)
16:09 mtj i now have real-world reason to want koha upgraded to gpl3....
16:09 kf oleonard: wrong branch?   ps-bug-8194-subscription-add-columns-2012-06-15
16:10 oleonard :(
16:10 oleonard ps-bug-8281-remove-yui-files-2012-06-21
16:11 jcamins What is bootstrap?
16:11 oleonard
16:12 oleonard mtj, what does gpl3 have to do with it? Are we incompatible?
16:12 eythian shouldn't be
16:13 mtj appartently so, bootstrap is apache2 license  (which is incompatible with koha's gpl2 license?) :/
16:14 eythian then you say "koha is gpl3" and it magically is :)
16:14 mtj whew, glad we got that sorted!
16:14 mtj[…]ompatibility.html
16:15 eythian I think all of koha is "gpl2 or later"
16:16 mtj ok, chris.c said something similar when i asked him
16:20 mtj i still don't quite understand that 'or later' part of the gpl...
16:21 jcamins It means that you can choose to treat it as GPL2, or GPL3, or GPL4...
16:21 mtj ok, cool - i'm very happy to be wrong then :)
16:22 gaetan_B bye !
16:22 drojf joined #koha
16:30 kf bye all :)
16:30 kf left #koha
16:31 eythian jcamins_away: oldstable|main|source: libtemplate-plugin-htmltotext-perl 0.03-1
16:32 jcamins_away eythian++
16:32 eythian all uploaded.
16:34 eythian I might email an announcement that that repo exists.
16:35 drojf please do
16:39 eythian[…]0_on_Debian_Lenny <-- this kind of thing shouldn't be on the wiki any more
16:39 eythian at least without a warning
16:39 * eythian adds a warning
16:46 drojf eythian: maybe we can have a "good old days" section or something for things like that. there may be a reason for someone to come back to look at this, i dont know. but it should not pop up in a search engine if someone wants to get koha in 2012
16:47 eythian yeah. For now I just stuck a big bold message at the top of the page
16:48 drojf eythian++ # it's beautiful ;)
16:48 eythian I'm all about the art ;)
16:49 drojf now you have to maintain that page forever and fix the link every six months ;)
16:49 drojf or just put one on the 3.8 page when it's time and give new users a nice ride through koha history before they start
16:51 eythian drojf: no, every time it gets updated, I edit the 3.8 page and make it redirect to the new number :)
16:51 eythian[…]on_Debian_Squeeze <-- for example
16:51 eythian (I don't know why it stops in the middle though
16:51 eythian )
16:51 eythian[…]on_Debian_Squeeze <-- oh, here is where it starts
16:52 drojf :D
16:53 drojf why doesn't 3.0 do that=
16:53 drojf ?
16:53 eythian there were no packages for 3.0
16:54 drojf ah, right
16:56 eythian I really need to re-write that wiki page from scratch, it's getting a bit messy
16:57 eythian Should probably also rename it to not have version numbers in the title...
17:04 eythian email: sent
17:04 eythian I might go home or something
17:09 Oak joined #koha
17:11 Oak And as I watch the drops of rain
17:11 Oak / Weave their weary paths and die /
17:11 Oak I know that I am like the rain /
17:11 Oak There but for the grace of you go I
17:18 cait joined #koha
17:29 * cait waves
17:34 drojf hi cait :)
17:38 cait hi drojf
17:41 trea left #koha
17:46 nengard question about overdue report
17:46 nengard can anyone tell me on this page: /cgi-bin/koha/circ/ what does "Show any items currently checked out:" do?
17:46 nengard it's one of the filters on the left
17:47 cait not sure actually :(
17:48 cait shouldn't tey all be checked out?
17:48 nengard right
17:48 nengard hence my confusion
17:53 cait no idea
17:55 nengard HA
17:55 nengard anyone else? should we remove it if it doesn't do anything?
18:02 cait I think the code would reveal it
18:02 cait but I have to learn accounting :( have my exam tomorrow
18:07 wajasu joined #koha
18:08 oleonard $strsth.=" AND date_due               < '" . $todaysdate     . "' " unless ($showall);
18:08 oleonard Checking the box will show any item which matches the filter even if it's not overdue?
18:10 cait hah
18:10 cait I just had the same idea reading nengard's report
18:10 cait maybe it's supposed to show all items checked out by the user with overdues
18:11 cait or even all and everything?
18:11 nengard so ? wait a sec ? sounds like a bug to me
18:12 cait oleonard: can you see who added it with a git blame ?
18:13 wizzyrea it would about have to be biblibre, I believe they did the dev that added that.
18:13 wizzyrea added the filters I mean
18:14 cait yeah
18:14 cait thought we might find an explnation on the commit maybe
18:14 oleonard bug 2866: Overdues Reports - Upgrading to filter by patron extended attributes
18:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2866 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, gmcharlt, RESOLVED FIXED, Filtering and sorting the overdue report using patron attributes
18:14 mib_0k63xf joined #koha
18:18 cait hm
18:55 sekjal should Koha use "highly experimental" Perl syntax?
18:55 jcamins_away sekjal: uh, no.
18:55 jcamins_away Unless there's a really super-compelling reason, like...
18:55 jcamins_away Uhhh...
18:55 sekjal[…]Switch-Statements
18:55 sekjal given/when
18:56 jcamins_away Ooh.
18:56 jcamins_away That for() block is brilliant.
18:59 sekjal I love switch statements
18:59 jcamins_away Me too.
18:59 sekjal glad Perl is finally starting to get a handle on them
18:59 jcamins_away I didn't realize there was a workaround to be able to use them already.
19:00 sekjal now that we're minimum 5.10, I think it's available
19:01 jcamins_away It seems to me that the for example would actually work with any version of Perl, with a very small modification.
19:03 oleonard MARC preview with jQueryUI Dialog instead of Greybox:
19:04 sekjal oleonard:  nice!
19:04 jcamins_away FWIW, I am still 1000% pro Test::MockModule.
19:04 cait nice!
19:04 jcamins_away I disagree strenuously with marcelr's assertion that we shouldn't be testing counterfactual conditions.
19:04 jcamins_away (see what I did there?:)
19:04 jcamins_away Nice!
19:07 jcamins_away Incidentally, for those who are curious, there is not actually any reason that we couldn't put Zebra config files on /dev/shm, and modify them from staff client.
19:07 jcamins_away (other than the obvious, it's too much trouble)
19:19 ger joined #koha
19:23 ger is there anyone who can help me to an koha error?
19:24 oleonard Only if you ask the question ger!
19:25 ger im installed koha in centos 5.5 and when i enter in the intranet i get the follow error "Can't call method "id" on an undefined value at line 278."
19:27 ger the error_log of koha it returns me the following
19:27 ger Can't call method "id" on an undefined value at line 278.
19:27 ger losedir() attempted on invalid dirhandle DIR at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 201.
19:28 ger closedir() attempted on invalid dirhandle DIR at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 201.
19:29 drojf i dont know anything about centos, but is there a reason why you chose a version that is 2 years old to install? and what version of koha do you use?
19:29 jcamins_away There was someone else using CentOS recently. That person might know something about it.
19:29 jcamins_away first question?
19:29 wahanui "What are you trying to do?"  "What is the goal?" or "What problem are you experiencing?"
19:29 jcamins_away Yikes. I'd say there is no way it's going to work.
19:29 jcamins_away Sounds like something wasn't installed properly.
19:29 jcamins_away CentOS 5.5 is 2 years old?
19:30 drojf 5.5 i386, x86-64 5.5 2010-05-14
19:30 jcamins_away (I hope I'm wrong, but modern CentOS versions are hairy)
19:30 drojf 6.3 is the latest according to wikipedia
19:31 drojf there is a wiki page about 3.6 in centos 6.2[…]n_Centos_6.2_i386
19:32 jcamins_away Sounds worth a try.
19:32 ger the reason that ihave centos its cos actuallity the server is in production, so i can't change de version of the OS, why i'll have a lot of problems with the other aplications
19:33 drojf and what version of koha did you install?
19:33 jcamins_away I would consider running Debian under some sort of virtualization. Everything I know about Koha and CentOS has convinced me that it is not something I would want to try.
19:33 drojf heh
19:34 Ccorrales joined #koha
19:34 ger koha-3.00.00
19:34 jcamins_away drojf: ask sekjal. I think he installed Koha under CentOS once. I believe every single system utility had to be replaced.
19:34 drojf omg
19:34 jcamins_away The current version of Koha is 3.8.1 (soon to be 3.8.2) or 3.6.5 (soon to be 3.6.6).
19:34 drojf sounds fun :D
19:35 sekjal nope, never tried CentOS
19:35 jcamins_away You should use one of those.
19:35 drojf yes, 3.0 is two years old and not supported anymore
19:35 jcamins_away sekjal: what OS was it you had tried, then?
19:35 wizzyrea ger why 3.0.0? Where did you get that?
19:35 sekjal jcamins:  mostly just do Debian and Ubuntu
19:35 sekjal larryb worked on getting RedHat to work once
19:35 wajasu when is 3.8.2 targetted.  i want to patch and test some stuff
19:35 sekjal it was horrible
19:35 sekjal and, ultimately, a no-go
19:35 jcamins_away sekjal: I must have been thinking of Redhat.
19:35 jcamins_away And larryb.
19:35 jcamins_away Sorry, larryb!
19:36 jcamins_away wajasu: ca. six hours from now?
19:37 wajasu maybe next  time round.
19:37 drojf ger: you should try 3.6 or 3.8. take 3.8 if you don't plan to go live within the next weeks
19:37 jcamins_away wajasu: you should submit patches against master. Right away.
19:38 jcamins_away :)
19:38 jcamins_away wajasu: also, I've decided I don't like sbuild. It is not nearly so contained as pbuilder.
19:38 ger anyone knows an installation guide for the latest version of koha?
19:38 ger maybe i have to try the latest version
19:38 jcamins_away However, rangi introduced me to ssh-agent, which removes the need to enter my password over and over.
19:38 drojf[…]n_Centos_6.2_i386 you could try this on centos 5.5 i guess
19:39 jcamins_away ger: you know that the Koha website is, right?
19:39 drojf or use a virtual machine and debian
19:39 drojf jcamins_away: he would have 4.x otherwise i guess ;)
19:39 ger maybe debian it's the best choice jeje
19:40 jcamins_away drojf: true.
19:40 jcamins_away ger: I would go with virtualization + Debian, definitely.
19:40 drojf ger:[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
19:40 wajasu is there any place/page someone declares the target release dates?
19:41 ger ok i gonna try
19:41 jcamins_away wajasu: there is somewhere, but basically the 22nd and 23rd of the month.
19:41 jcamins_away Major releases are once every six months.
19:41 jcamins_away April/October.
19:41 ger thks for the help!!! :)
19:41 jcamins_away Minor monthly.
19:41 wajasu ok that works.
19:41 drojf ger: good luck
19:41 jcamins_away But you have to get your patches signed off and QAed, and everything, so you should plan to submit everything ASAP.
19:41 drojf come back if you have problems
19:41 drojf or just stay ;)
19:41 wajasu i won't lookk at sbuild.
19:43 wajasu jcamins: with proot, i couldn't figure out how to get mysql-server to install, since its post_install script hang stopping the mysql server.
19:44 jcamins_away As releases near, RMs and RMaints get a lot more conservative about what they push, usually.
19:44 jcamins_away wajasu: I don't think I had to do anything special to get it working. I think it pretty much just worked right off.
19:45 wajasu i ran proot, and whn i installed koha-common, and mysql-server was installed, it hung.  now my host OS is archlinux.
19:46 jcamins_away Probably has to do with needing something special with Arch.
19:47 wajasu so you got koha-common installed under proot?
19:50 jcamins_away Yeah, though I it was a while ago.
19:50 jcamins_away Well, last week.
19:52 wizzyrea joined #koha
19:54 ropuch_ joined #koha
20:03 rangi Morning
20:09 rangi Hmm a cat on the bus today
20:10 oleonard A hep cat?
20:10 wizzyrea i can has no more phone ringing plz kthx
20:11 rangi Off to the vet cat
20:11 rangi Had 3 guide dogs on yesterday
20:14 hankbank joined #koha
20:17 drojf good morning rangi
20:17 cait morning rangi :)
20:18 rangi Ohh pull request from fredericd
20:19 rangi fredericd++
20:19 rangi And yay mveron
20:20 rangi German_translators++
20:20 cait and hopefully all errors fixed too
20:20 cait fingers crossed
20:21 rangi Ich danke der Mann
20:21 rangi Is that right?
20:22 cait dem Mann heh
20:22 rangi Dang
20:22 cait perhaps better try French with fredericd?
20:23 rangi I'll have to do more
20:25 rangi slef: tried the gorge best last night I like it
20:29 cait rangi: you will go  back to get more?
20:29 cait :)
20:30 rangi Sometime yes :-)
20:32 oleonard See you later #koha
20:33 rangi Brian
20:37 rangi Autocorrect must die
20:37 rangi Bbiab
20:43 rangi back
20:43 kathryn joined #koha
20:48 kathryn hi all
20:49 * kathryn waves to cait
20:49 * cait waves to kathryn :)
20:49 cait hope no more soup accidents?
20:49 kathryn hehe, no.
20:50 rangi heh
20:51 rangi drojf++ #a good question
20:51 hdl joined #koha
20:52 drojf forgot to ask about the os though. we'll keep him busy ;(
20:52 drojf ;)
20:53 * rangi starts work on release notes
20:59 drojf rangi++ #yeah new koha
21:00 drojf duckduckgo asks testers about relevancy. excellent. time to talk about the ranking of koha vs. the fork again
21:00 rangi heh
21:03 rangi equinox++
21:03 rangi[…]sitem.php?id=2193
21:04 edveal left #koha
21:07 rangi fredericd++ # i love how the pull requests always just work!
21:10 schuster joined #koha
21:12 schuster Howdy all.  I was looking at my logs on our new installation as of June 6th and found tons of errors in the koha-opac-error_log I'm pasting 2 lines that seem to continue to generate
21:12 pastebot "schuster" at pasted "errors in the koha-opac-error_log" (2 lines) at
21:12 rangi seems like you have no language preference set
21:12 rangi look in systempreferences
21:12 schuster I'm not seeing this in the bugs so wasn't sure if it is unique to me or not.
21:12 schuster Ah thanks!
21:13 rangi and the i18n/l10n tab
21:13 rangi try checking en in there it might make it go away
21:14 schuster hm that is already set.  I'll undo it and redo it and see if that helps.
21:14 rangi worth a crack nigel
21:15 schuster nope still outputting errors.
21:15 rangi hmm
21:17 rangi oh damnit i pushed the wrong tag
21:17 * rangi fixes
21:17 Justinb joined #koha
21:17 rangi hi Justinb
21:17 Justinb hi
21:17 wahanui hola, Justinb
21:18 Justinb im ok w/ english
21:18 rangi wahanui is a bot
21:18 Justinb o
21:18 Justinb k
21:19 Justinb i'm trying to change my liblime koha 1.4.5 system
21:20 rangi ahh, sorry this channel is for Koha (from we can't help you with the liblime fork
21:20 jenkins_koha Starting build #63 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:21 Justinb whenever i check out a book out it charges the patron 5.00
21:21 Justinb how do i change that?
21:21 rangi we don't know, no one here uses the liblime fork
21:21 Justinb dont think it has anything to do w/ the liblime part of it
21:23 Justinb darn. You should try liblime. I have never used this program before, and it was quite difficult to install, but i am glad i have it now. since ive never tried the normal koha, i dont know anything about it
21:23 rangi no we prefer using actual Koha
21:23 Justinb in fact, i couldn't find it on the website!
21:23 cait Justinb: what did yo not find?
21:24 Justinb here is link:
21:24 cait You can download koha from here
21:24 Justinb the non-liblime koha
21:24 rangi  <-- is the real website, the other is solely controlled by liblime and used entirely to advertise their fork
21:24 schuster LibLime - back away from the computer...
21:24 Justinb oh.
21:24 Justinb haha
21:24 schuster Start OVER!
21:24 Justinb nah
21:24 cait when you still can I would give it a thought
21:25 cait and it's probably a lot easier to install
21:25 Justinb took me three days to install the other one!
21:25 schuster I just migrated away from that code back to the true Koha...
21:25 Justinb can u believe that?
21:25 rangi we can, thats why we don't use it
21:25 Justinb thanks, i will try normal koha
21:25 rangi :)
21:25 schuster Yes...  There is no help there for it where here there is..
21:25 Justinb :)
21:25 schuster for Koha...
21:26 Justinb Question...
21:26 wahanui i guess question is "What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?"
21:26 cait Justinb: and when you run into probloems.. there will always be someone around to help
21:26 Justinb yes.
21:26 cait which os are you using?
21:26 Justinb do u still need Zebra, Yaz, MySQL, and all that other stuff for normal koha?
21:27 Justinb I am using Ubuntu
21:27 cait yes you do, but there are packages
21:27 cait packages?
21:27 wahanui well, packages is at
21:27 rangi[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
21:27 Justinb Ubuntu 11.11
21:28 cait I am using ubuntu too, should work nicely
21:28 Justinb Sorry, gotta go (11.10)
21:28 Justinb thank you for all your help!!!!
21:28 Justinb I will try normal koha!
21:28 cait cool :)
21:28 Justinb bye
21:28 Justinb :)
21:28 Justinb :P
21:30 * mtj boogles at what a 'liblime 1.4.5' system is...
21:30 wizzyrea well we haven't had one of those in a while
21:30 mtj amen wiz
21:31 mtj ... speshly since is now 'official' :)
21:32 wizzyrea :D
21:32 * wizzyrea is glad we are #2 now
21:32 mtj wizzyrea++
21:33 mtj number 1 in results... with FF now
21:34 cjh mtj: do you mean searching for 'koha'?
21:35 mtj cjh: yep
21:35 cjh for me its not :(
21:35 mtj tis for me :)
21:35 cjh I thought google changed your results based on what you accessed, I visit daily and have gone to the bad koha once...
21:37 cait why did we get a better ranking so suddenly now?
21:37 mtj cjh:  google does not 'know' who i am, ie: i dont sign-in  to google when searching
21:38 mtj cait:  coz..many search changes at google lately
21:38 rangi
21:39 mtj ..and its not soooo sudden :)
21:39 rangi if anyone has time to download and do a quick check the file looks ok?
21:40 wizzyrea lots of search changes, plus I explicitly told google that we were "official" for koha
21:40 wizzyrea dk if it had any effect but we were gone, then 3 days later we were #2
21:41 wizzyrea that is to say, I never got an answer from them
21:41 wizzyrea teh googlez, I mean.
21:42 mtj rangi:  files look good to me
21:44 mtj and... thank you! :)
21:45 cait rangi+
21:45 cait rangi++ even :)
21:55 rangi cool
21:55 rangi will do the release notes now
22:05 rangi
22:06 jcamins Woohoo!
22:06 jcamins rangi++
22:06 jcamins Oh, that reminds me.
22:06 jcamins I need to push 3.6.x
22:06 * jcamins does so.
22:07 jcamins There are too many unreachable loose objects.
22:07 jcamins That does not make one feel confident.
22:08 rangi hmm?
22:08 jcamins That's what git says when I push to
22:09 rangi maybe do a git gc ?
22:09 jcamins It said "Run git prune," so I did.
22:09 rangi push appeared to have worked tho
22:09 rangi ah :)
22:09 rangi yep thats part of what gc does
22:09 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #63: SUCCESS in 49 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/63/
22:09 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Koha 3.8.2 Translation Update
22:09 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Release notes for 3.8.2
22:14 rangi jcamins:[…]=refs/heads/3.6.x that right?
22:16 jcamins Yup.
22:17 jcamins I didn't have time to remove zebraqueue_daemon.
22:17 jcamins Oh well.
22:20 jenkins_koha Starting build #52 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:21 bshum rangi: I'm around.
22:21 rangi bshum: you about?
22:21 rangi :)
22:22 rangi
22:22 rangi is pretty much all there is to it, clone that
22:23 rangi and the README is good
22:23 bshum Aha, neat.
22:23 rangi what we have done is poke the template files too, to add the koha logo etc
22:24 rangi altho i undid all that the other day by accident :)
22:24 bshum Hehe
22:24 rangi but yeah it pretty much just works
22:24 bshum Very nice.
22:25 bshum Do you do alot of maintenance or cleanup of old pastes?  Or I imagine it's all reasonably minor anyways.
22:28 jcamins Woohoo! I managed to install my package signing key into pbuilder!
22:28 rangi by default it sticks them as txt files in /tmp
22:28 rangi a reboot cleans them all up :)
22:28 rangi jcamins: nice!
22:29 * jcamins tries the faster dependency resolver.
22:29 bshum rangi: Neat, thanks for the pointers!  I'm toying with the idea of setting something like that up for our Evergreen channel.
22:30 rangi awesome :)
22:30 rangi[…]d-and-statistics/
22:31 jcamins Huh. That actually was faster. Cool!
22:31 rangi bshum: are you going to ALA ?
22:31 bshum rangi: Fortunately not.
22:31 rangi heh
22:31 bshum Erm… "un"fortunately?
22:32 rangi i think both work :)
22:32 rangi its a mixture of both
22:32 thd-away joined #koha
22:32 bshum Indeed, I don't know how hot it is over there, but I suspect I wouldn't enjoy it.
22:32 jcamins Looks like I did pretty well on signoffs.
22:32 jeff "i didn't go to ala therefore all i got was all the vendor ala spam in my inbox"
22:32 rangi heh
22:33 jcamins I expect I'll do even better with sign-offs on 3.6.6...
22:34 rangi jeff: it seems to be a library conference thing, i get spam from all the conferences
22:34 * jeff nods
22:34 jcamins I get a ton of spam from non-library conferences too.
22:35 rangi i mostly only go to tech and library ones, and the tech ones are floss ones ..
22:35 jcamins I get spam from conferences I have never gone to!
22:35 rangi ohh, for ones in las vegas?
22:35 jeff most library vendors send out conference-related newsletters / etc leading up to a conference, mostly to their entire customer list, sometimes combined with their "has ever asked us about any of our products" lists.
22:36 rangi yeah
22:36 jeff then there are the vendors who get a list of conference attendees and spam it year after year, or send to the entire attendee list from the context of "thanks for visiting our booth at"
22:36 * jeff shrugs
22:36 jeff mild annoyance, nothing more. :-)
22:37 rangi i wonder does it ever work?
22:37 rangi jeff: its the ones that do it with a huge cc list that are super special :)
22:49 bshum rangi: Off to dinner for now, but thanks for walking me through the basics!
22:49 rangi no worries
23:03 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #52: SUCCESS in 43 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/52/
23:03 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 7016 Followup: Add new GetItemnumberForBiblio subroutine
23:03 jenkins_koha * gmc: bug 7016 further followup: clarify return of GetItemnumbersForBiblio
23:03 jenkins_koha * veron: Bug 7528 - amount subtracting 1 cent
23:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7927 - library not showing on subscription full history anymore
23:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7354: Can't edit local use system preferences
23:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7016 blocker, P1 - high, ---, koha.sekjal, RESOLVED FIXED, CanBookBeReserved uses GetItemsInfo unnecessarily
23:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7922: Fixing typo in German sample news
23:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7833 - unique holiday link broken
23:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7845: Multiple 260s don't display properly in search results
23:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 3337 - RSS link is not correct for searches without results
23:03 jenkins_koha * gaetan.boisson: Bug 7693 - clear screen button misaligned
23:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7528 critical, P5 - low, ---, henridamien, Pushed to Master , amount subtracting 1 cent
23:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7927 critical, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , library not showing on subscription full history anymore
23:03 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7950 - Typo for preference intranetuserjs
23:03 jenkins_koha * mjr: Bug 6267 custom http user-agent in (fix for 401 error)
23:03 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7726: explanation and options that were in the wrong order
23:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7354 critical, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Stable , Can't edit local use system preferences
23:03 jenkins_koha * mjr: Bug 1577 - update INSTALL to mention need to translate templates
23:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 3969: Budget search in acquisition does't work (search)
23:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7922 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Stable , Fixing typos and improving translations in German sample data
23:03 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6931 : Only update frameworks for the correct marcflavour
23:03 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 3969 follow-up = budget name field is budget_name, not name
23:03 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 6496 - tidy the display of 710 fields on XSLT
23:03 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 6496 - correct the order of the author display in the OPAC
23:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7833 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Stable , unique holiday link broken
23:03 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Update 3.6.6 release notes
23:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7845 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Stable , Multiple 260s don't display properly in search results
23:03 rangi kablam!
23:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3337 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Stable , RSS link is not correct
23:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7693 minor, P5 - low, ---, gaetan.boisson, Pushed to Stable , clear screen button misaligned
23:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7950 trivial, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , Typo for preference intranetuserjs
23:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6267 trivial, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Stable , custom http user-agent in (fix for 401 error)
23:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7726 trivial, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , AllowItemsOnHoldCheckout has columns in wrong order in sysprefs.sql
23:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1577 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , installer and language
23:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3969 major, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED , Budget Search Doesn't Work
23:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6931 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , hardcoded insert incompatible with UNIMARC
23:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6496 major, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, robin, Pushed to Master , authors appearing incorrectly in OPAC and Staff Client
23:04 rangi wow i have no recollection of bug 6931
23:05 cait it was very old
23:05 cait fix to an old updatedatabase
23:05 rangi maybe i write patches when im asleep
23:06 cait maybe
23:36 drojf seems like domingo is still searching the kobli git repository :(
23:36 rangi hmm?
23:37 rangi oh no answer to jareds email?
23:37 drojf he announced 1.8 on the main list. jared asked for the repos because the developer links on their site are broken
23:37 rangi yeah
23:37 drojf exactly
23:38 rangi i found this
23:38 rangi
23:38 rangi[…]p=kobli;a=summary
23:38 rangi but its old
23:39 rangi i did pull their marc update out of the tarball and made it into a patch tho
23:39 rangi bug 5858
23:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5858 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Default frameworks missing many MARC21 tags
23:39 drojf nice!
23:41 drojf still i think it's sad that he can announce on the list and not even answer. not to say anything about taking all things koha and not caring about offering own developments back
23:42 rangi yep, hopefully they will come around

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary