IRC log for #koha, 2012-06-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 cait-m_ just git home
00:02 mtompset git home?
00:02 mtompset You didn't stay for the hackfest?
00:03 cait-m_ got bsck to the hotel
00:03 mtompset nevermind... I'm still waking up.
00:03 cait-m_ sorry late and typing on phone
00:05 NateC joined #koha
00:05 cait joined #koha
00:09 chilts left #koha
00:41 * mtompset does a quick system shutdown/sleep.
01:01 drojf joined #koha
01:02 drojf hi everybody, hope you are sleeping (the edinburgh people) :P
01:04 drojf that worked out ok …
01:08 zioha joined #koha
01:55 Soupermanito joined #koha
02:18 Soupermanito left #koha
02:49 papa blem).
03:18 mtompset joined #koha
03:18 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
04:00 druthb joined #koha
04:00 druthb o/
04:07 * mtompset waves back at druthb.
04:10 paul_p joined #koha
04:34 Oak joined #koha
04:37 Oak_ joined #koha
04:39 mtompset Has anyone here used named sites, rather than port numbers to distinguish OPAC vs. Staff Client?
04:43 mtj yes, its very common
04:44 mtj the .deb packages do it by default, afaik
04:48 melia joined #koha
04:57 mtompset really?
04:57 mtompset I had to tweak my koha-httpd.conf file to get it to work for me.
04:57 mtompset of course, I'm using Ubuntu.
04:58 mtompset mtj, do you have it set up that way?
05:01 mtj yeah, sometimes...
05:04 mtompset the rewrite rules didn't quite work without explicit referencing the site name.
05:04 mtompset I'm just wondering if I did it an ugly way, or if there is something better.
05:10 Oak joined #koha
05:10 Oak kia ora #koha
05:11 mtompset Hello, Oak.
05:12 Oak hello mtompset :)
05:12 Oak did you see the pictures of KohaCon?
05:12 Oak
05:13 edveal left #koha
05:14 mtompset Looks mildly interesting... but I'm trying to clean up my styling of the koha pages... I did it quick and dirty, instead of clean and right. :)
05:17 Oak link?
05:17 wahanui link is right, but the website is gone, apparently
05:18 mtompset link for what?
05:20 Oak your koha installation?
05:21 mtompset Sorry... it isn't public yet. ;)
05:24 mtompset This is the STAFF client that I styled.
05:26 Oak ah isee
05:26 Oak OKAY
05:30 zioha joined #koha
05:35 mtompset Hmm... I think my styling instructions that I wrote for the OPAC side were incomplete. :(
05:37 paul_p joined #koha
05:48 mtompset DOH! Old CSS file.
05:49 drojf joined #koha
05:51 vkm joined #koha
05:51 vkm hello all
05:52 vkm how can i set up postfix to send auto emails via gmail account
05:53 mtompset if you ever find the answer... please let me know. :)
05:54 bag left #koha
05:54 mtompset I tried to get any kind of external email working for a couple days, and gave up.
05:54 bag joined #koha
05:54 mtompset Thankfully, our host provider has a working relay agent I was able to use.
05:55 vkm please tell me how to setup email for koha and adition software requirment
05:57 mtompset I don't know.
05:57 mtompset This was external to koha, so I haven't tried to integrate with koha.
05:57 mtompset Sorry. :(
05:58 vkm kk
06:00 mtompset Are you using Debian?
06:00 mtompset Perhaps you will find some useful information on the Wiki.
06:01 mtompset Wiki?
06:01 wahanui i guess Wiki is
06:02 vkm i am using ubuntu
06:12 mtompset desktop or server?
06:14 mtompset I've had difficulty with server... I have yet to try desktop.
06:14 vkm desktop
06:14 mtompset Well, I guess you answered my pondering. :(
06:14 vkm using desktop on ibm server machine
06:15 mtompset that isn't really the problem.. the problem is configuration.
06:15 vkm do u know
06:15 mtompset And I don't know how to get sending mail working on an ubuntu machine yet.
06:16 mtompset Sorry. :(
06:16 brylie joined #koha
06:18 bag left #koha
06:18 bag joined #koha
06:19 mtompset If you wait another couple hours, you may find a bunch of people on who may be able to help.
06:23 melia joined #koha
06:41 KMLC joined #koha
06:45 mtompset Hello, KMLC.
06:46 reiveune joined #koha
06:46 reiveune hello
06:46 rangi hello :)
06:48 mtompset Hello, reiveune.
06:48 mtompset Hello, rangi.
06:48 reiveune hi :)
06:49 KMLC hi.. i have 3 staff simultaneously cataloguing.. i need to generate a daily report where i can monitor how many books each staff has catalogued as well as get a list of the books that they have entered individually
06:50 rangi KMLC: what version of koha? 3.8.x or 3.6.x
06:50 hdl joined #koha
06:50 rangi either way if you go to systempreferences and turn on the cataloguing logging it will save that information for you
06:51 KMLC 3.6
06:51 hdl1 joined #koha
06:53 * mtompset grumbles, "I was right... login.css over-rides the added staff-global-tweak.css I set the system preference to."
06:55 KMLC the cataloguing logging is on.. but how do i retrieve the data\
06:58 julian_m joined #koha
06:59 rangi[…]dded_by_cataloger
07:00 rangi you can add a date criteria to that and you would get the count
07:03 mtompset How is it that the OPAC client has a way to put a nice banner at the top of each page, but the staff client doesn't?
07:03 KMLC titles added by the cataloguer only gives me a count, i need a list too to check the quality of the entries
07:03 eythian joined #koha
07:07 rangi hi eythian
07:07 bag heya rangi and eythian
07:07 wahanui rangi and eythian are not around - you would have to ask them
07:07 bag heh
07:07 rangi eythian:[…]sh-subtitles.html  it runs every 20 mins, hop on/hop off, multilingual .. might be something to do?
07:08 rangi (goes to the castle, national museum etc)
07:08 bag ah rangi that looks sick ;)
07:08 rangi heya bag :)
07:08 bag I'd ride that
07:08 rangi eythian: after a nice big scottish breakfast :)
07:09 bag go scotch tasting ;)
07:09 bag rangi: how's the conference having a good time?
07:10 cait joined #koha
07:10 bag morning cait
07:10 rangi conf was great, today is the day between, and yep once i got luggage it was all good
07:11 bag how many days without luggage?
07:11 rangi 40ish ppl for hackfest starting tomorrow, so that's awesome
07:11 bag sweet
07:11 bag go PLACK!
07:11 bag heh
07:11 rangi was only the first day, but 2 days travel before that
07:11 bag (shitty)
07:11 rangi cait / reiveune:[…]sh-subtitles.html
07:12 mtompset 2 days travel?!
07:12 reiveune I'm jealous :-p
07:13 mtompset What were your stop overs, rangi?
07:13 bag 3 days without clothes :(
07:13 mtompset without CLEAN clothes.
07:13 rangi stopped for 3 hours in singapore, 3 in london
07:13 Oak joined #koha
07:13 rangi 2 in auckland
07:14 rangi about 27 hours of being in planes, 9-10 in airports
07:14 mtompset GAH! Too many stop-overs... that's why it was two days.
07:15 rangi well the bulk of it was flying it is a long way
07:15 mtompset Is that the shortest route?
07:16 mtompset I don't see why you couldn't have flown through the US.
07:16 rangi takes about as long, and you need a transit visa
07:16 mtompset Oh, sucky transit visa mess.
07:16 rangi 13.5 flight from auckland to LA
07:16 bag go LA!
07:16 bag well go SBA
07:16 * cait waves
07:17 cait still sleepy :)
07:17 mtompset So, how is it that we can have a nice banner for OPAC, but not the staff client?
07:18 mtompset OPACheader.
07:18 mtompset But no Staffheader?
07:19 Oak hello cait :)
07:19 mtompset Or at least a nice header for the login screen.
07:21 marcelr joined #koha
07:21 eythian joined #koha
07:21 rangi wb eythian and good morning marcelr
07:21 marcelr hi rangi
07:22 eythian Hi. Has a plan been planned yet?
07:22 rangi im leaning towards[…]sh-subtitles.html
07:23 rangi its a hop on hop off, multilingual, buses ever 20 mins
07:23 bag eythian: go scotch tasting ;)
07:23 rangi but ppl are still just waking up
07:23 mtompset @wunder EDI
07:23 huginn` mtompset: The current temperature in Dalgety Bay, United Kingdom is 11.7°C (8:15 AM BST on June 08, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 97%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 29.18 in 988 hPa (Steady).
07:24 mtompset Ah, I see. I keep forgetting the timezone difference. :)
07:25 eythian bag: sounds like a hop on/off tour could be combined with whiskey tasting quite feasibly :)
07:26 rangi eythian: last bus is 5.40pm
07:26 rangi so yeah, easily i think
07:27 bag oh man I'm on the next plane - doing the bus touristica and sipping whiskey with eythian and rangi - That's too much too miss
07:27 rangi hehe
07:28 slef @wunder Edinburgh, United Kingdom
07:28 huginn` slef: The current temperature in Edinburgh Airport, United Kingdom is 13.0°C (8:20 AM BST on June 08, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 29.18 in 988 hPa (Steady).
07:28 rangi i hope kyle pops up on irc
07:28 bag hey john brice came with him too right?
07:28 rangi the biblibrans were planning to hop on round 9, and martin
07:28 rangi yep
07:28 slef bag: can we report your absence as a bug to bywater? Miss you
07:28 bag morning slef
07:29 slef rangi: if anyone needs anything kohacon-related today...
07:29 bag well it's less than two weeks for Baby Dragon's arrival (good excuse ;) )
07:29 rangi talk to the hand?
07:29 bag talk to the fist
07:29 slef I'm up a volcano with no mobile phone coverage so call the co-op ;)
07:29 rangi hehe cool
07:30 slef enjoy the day... bbl
07:30 mtompset how did the presentation go, slef?
07:30 rangi thanks, you too
07:30 bag eythian: I want to see a good picture of you and rangi tasting some scotch ;)
07:31 bag @later tell druthb HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
07:31 huginn` bag: The operation succeeded.
07:31 KMLC hi .. can anyone help me with my query on reports
07:32 KMLC I have 3 staff simultaneously cataloguing.. i need to generate a daily report where i can monitor how many books each staff has catalogued as well as get a list of the books that they have entered individually
07:32 bag schema?
07:32 wahanui somebody said schema was tracked in git. or found at
07:32 mib_xa7kh2 joined #koha
07:33 eythian bag: vicarious drinking, eh?
07:33 bag no kidding..  I feel like I'm egging you all on
07:33 eythian Heh
07:33 paul_p KMLC = you should activate cataloguing logging in syspref and build a query with  action_logs table
07:33 rangi ahh there is paul_p :)
07:33 mib_xa7kh2 hello everybody..i cant access my koha is there any method to restore it..
07:33 bag morning pastebot
07:34 bag HA
07:34 mtompset his logging is on. :)
07:34 bag morning paul_p
07:34 KMLC paul = cataloguing logging is on = can u help with building a query
07:34 mtompset when you say, "Can't access?" What sort of errors do you get?
07:35 paul_p hi bag. Any (good) news ?
07:35 paul_p 'morning rangi.
07:35 bag not yet - but very close
07:35 paul_p is a good idea.
07:36 slef mtompset: no idea. got some ppl talking
07:36 rangi mtompset: it was good, funny, thought provoking
07:36 slef paul_p: did you bring a projector?
07:36 paul_p slef = nope  :(
07:36 mtompset So, what was the thing that you thought everyone would hate?
07:37 slef paul_p: ok np. I will bring ours
07:37 slef mtompset: I suggested locking down the community and merging the support companies
07:38 mtompset the companies might not like it, but it has merit as an idea. :)
07:38 slef mtompset: I was not serious
07:38 slef it is not possible
07:38 paul_p KMLC, try SELECT substr(timestamp,10,0),user,count(*) FROM action_logs WHERE module='CATALOGUING' and action='ADDING' GROUP BY substr(timestamp,10,0),user
07:39 mtompset It's still an interesting idea to ponder. ;)
07:39 Oak like world dominance
07:39 rangi yep, monopolies always work out great for end users
07:39 mtompset if the end-users are the monopoly, they do. :P
07:40 paul_p KMLC, try SELECT substr(timestamp,10,0),user,count(*) FROM action_logs WHERE module='CATALOGUING' and action='ADD' GROUP BY substr(timestamp,10,0),user
07:40 Joubu joined #koha
07:40 Joubu hi
07:40 wahanui salut, Joubu
07:41 Oak nengard++
07:41 slef ok now I really get breakfast before they stop serving. mtompset: nengard posted some commentary, videos later
07:41 Oak for uploading the photos
07:41 slef bbml
07:44 mib_xa7kh2 pls cant access koha..i'm getting unable to connect to destination..
07:46 marcelr joined #koha
07:48 rangi bus starts at waverly bridge (where the big station is) thats where you can buy tickets
07:48 bag all right - good night everyone
07:48 bag be well
07:49 rangi night bag, sleep well
07:50 eythian Cya bag
07:51 mtompset Is your server running?
07:52 mtompset unable to connect to destination could be the result of several things.
07:52 mtompset server is powered off.
07:52 mtompset cable to server is unplugged.
07:52 Oak_ joined #koha
07:52 KMLC paul = it throws an error
07:52 paul_p KMLC = which one ?
07:52 paul_p KMLC for me it works, just tested
07:53 paul_p rangi = about the bus trip, do you have a plan (time,...) ?
07:54 paul_p rangi = biblibre is about to go out for breakfast
07:54 rangi should we say meet at waverly at 11?
07:54 paul_p we should I don't know, but we could, for sure ;-)
07:54 rangi it goes every 20 mins, and takes 1 hour to do the loop, so taht should give us plenty of time
07:55 paul_p yep.
07:55 rangi to get on and off
07:55 KMLC paul = when i try to save the sql it says error 1
07:55 rangi ok, lets say that is the plan :)
07:55 paul_p rangi = where is waverly ?
07:55 francharb joined #koha
07:55 rangi paul_p: on that page, if you download the pdf
07:55 rangi[…]sh-subtitles.html
07:55 rangi it has a nice map
07:56 sophie_m joined #koha
07:56 francharb hi all
07:56 rangi waverly is the big train station
07:56 rangi i think maybe you went there on the bus from the airport?
07:57 cait it's 2 stations from where they got out
07:57 rangi ahh
07:57 * mtompset shrugs, "Was I wrong to ask the person to make sure the server was powered on and had a cable plugged in?"
07:57 rangi mtompset: nope was a good question
07:58 paul_p OK, rangi, see you in 2 hours at waverly then
07:58 mtompset I remember spending 15 minutes trying to debug something similar, and it was something that simple.
07:58 rangi excellent!, if anyone sees any one else like martin, let them know too
07:58 rangi please
07:58 mtompset Today I spent 5, because I forgot my SSH port number. :)
07:59 eythian I suppose I should get out of bed and have breakfast then...
07:59 rangi eythia / cait : want to get some breakfast soonish?
07:59 rangi eythian even
08:00 eythian Yeah in 15-20 mins or so.
08:00 rangi i thought maybe where we went yesterday, or something like that
08:02 eythian Not a bad idea.
08:02 rangi cool, lobby in 20?
08:02 cait I will take a bit longer
08:03 cait my hair is still wet and no hair dryer here
08:03 rangi ok, lobby in 30?
08:03 cait k
08:03 rangi ahh, well we have plenty of time
08:04 sophie_m left #koha
08:08 mtompset With a humidity over 90% supposedly, a hair dryer is kind of important. :)
08:32 eythian rangi / cait: I'm in the lobby now.
08:33 mtompset Are you using your phone to irc chat?
08:33 eythian Yeah
08:33 mtompset What kind of phone, and what application?
08:34 cait left #koha
08:35 eythian AndChat on android.
08:39 * eythian disconnects to save battery.
08:49 Oak_ @later tell cait[…]ent_2/HatFanB.jpg
08:49 huginn` Oak_: The operation succeeded.
08:50 mtompset hat?
08:50 wahanui hat is probably supposed to protect you from environmental events, not cause them like that one might
08:50 mtompset Well, I'm feeling the need to collapse. Long day.
08:50 mtompset See you later, Oak.
08:50 mtompset Oak_. :)
09:11 drojf joined #koha
09:25 mveron joined #koha
09:26 mveron Hi #koha in Edinburgh and all over the world
09:51 marijana joined #koha
10:17 rangi Hi mveron we are doing the bus tour round the city
10:19 mveron joined #koha
10:23 mveron marjana: Hi, mbalmer and mveron are New Amphon at the conference site. Wlan works.
10:25 mveron_ joined #koha
10:30 marijana joined #koha
10:30 mbalmer joined #koha
10:30 mbalmer morning
10:32 marijana morning mbalmer
10:33 mbalmer are you at the university, marijana?
10:33 marijana we are still at the hotel, but will come
10:33 marijana so wireless works at the university?
10:33 mbalmer I am sitting in the new amphon cafe (the big one) on the balcony with mveron
10:34 mbalmer yes, wireless works like a charm
10:34 marijana great :)
10:36 medmondson morning
10:38 medmondson (do we need coffee deliverd for the hackfest)
10:39 mbalmer the bars here serve good coffee, so...
10:39 medmondson ah yes
10:41 davidnind joined #koha
10:41 mbalmer so, is anyone else in edinburg who did not go the highlands-in-rain tour?
10:49 mib_xa7kh2 joined #koha
11:06 Oak joined #koha
11:12 medmondson 11:41 < mbalmer> so, is anyone else in edinburg who did not go the highlands-in-rain tour?
11:12 medmondson lol
11:13 medmondson Teviot bookings manager needs to be reminded how to spell koha
11:13 medmondson "KahaCon 12 Conference"
11:13 medmondson ... Amphian will NOT be open on Sunday (Library bar) will be open from 12 noon
11:14 medmondson So I think I will order coffee for Sunday monring
11:38 jwagner joined #koha
11:40 medmondson coffee ordered for Sunday morning at 10ish
11:44 NateC joined #koha
11:49 druthb joined #koha
11:49 druthb o/
12:00 medmondson \o
12:15 Oak joined #koha
12:18 mveron joined #koha
12:25 mtompset joined #koha
12:25 mtompset Hello, #koha.
12:26 mtompset I guess oleonard isn't here?
12:28 mtompset @later tell oleonard I tried the CSS over-riding idea, but reset-fonts-grids (or whatever it is) isn't over-ridden by the CSS set to replace staff-global.css
12:28 huginn` mtompset: The operation succeeded.
12:41 sekjal joined #koha
12:44 marcelr joined #koha
12:45 jcamins_away o/
12:45 marcelr hi
12:45 wahanui hello, marcelr
12:45 * druthb perks up.
12:45 druthb jcamins!
12:45 wahanui hmmm... jcamins is an outstanding cook, well-traveled and brilliant, trying to think of a solution, or the wizard that forges queries in the deep fires of zebra or an authorities expert
12:45 druthb !
12:45 druthb fancy meeting you here.
12:45 * jcamins gives druthb a funny look from across the table.
12:45 druthb :P
12:46 * druthb is allowed some silliness today---erm.  more silliness than usual.  She is a crazy ol' lady, after all.
12:46 Topic for #koha is now Happy birthday druthb!
12:46 druthb !
12:57 ago43 joined #koha
13:00 * wajasu continues configuring git based dev environment against a debian package install whilst reusing a koha_biblio db and zebra server.
13:23 maximep joined #koha
13:24 marcelr sekjal around?
13:24 sekjal marcelr:  mostly
13:25 marcelr hi ian; what is status of bug 6557 ?
13:25 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6557 normal, P3, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , biblioitems.totalissues unused
13:25 libsysguy joined #koha
13:27 marcelr sekjal you made a comment on the bug but is still on Signed off?
13:27 sekjal marcelr: it's really solid code.  I was deciding whether or not the inefficiency noted was worth blocking QA...
13:28 sekjal I think I've come down on the side of "it's okay"
13:28 marcelr we could just suggest follow up?
13:28 sekjal sure
13:28 marcelr shall i have a look too?
13:30 sekjal the more eyes, the better
13:30 marcelr ok will look and change status
13:33 LBA joined #koha
13:35 sekjal ok.  adding a comment, and assigning to you for QA
13:39 mbalmer joined #koha
13:40 edveal joined #koha
13:40 mbalmer ola
13:40 sekjal hi, mbalmer
13:40 medmondson ola where are you at mbalmer?
13:41 mbalmer still the students bar
13:41 medmondson good cheap coffee : )
13:42 mbalmer and some kohaistas ;)
13:42 * slef wanders around the parliament
13:43 slef we should have one of these in England
13:43 medmondson i might come over to Teviot
13:43 medmondson the scottish parliament is a joke.
13:43 medmondson (liek the edinburgh trams)
13:43 medmondson a farce of a construction project and very badly built
13:43 slef ok we're off again... bbml
13:43 slef ah
13:44 slef well yeah the building's a bit odd
13:44 jcamins I guess in hindsight I shouldn't have offered an update-at-circ option.
13:44 slef bbml
13:44 jcamins I figured it was easy enough to be worth adding for very small libraries.
13:45 medmondson[…]Building#Problems
13:45 sekjal jcamins: it's syspref controllable, with a clear warning
13:45 sekjal choices++
13:45 Oak joined #koha
13:46 jcamins sekjal: my reasoning was that a 10k volume reserve collection could have popularity changing as often as several times a day.
13:47 sekjal I look forward to it all being handled with DOM
13:47 jcamins Me too!
13:48 marcelr jcamins: when we have 1000 prefs, we should put something on top of it :-)
13:48 jcamins marcelr: yeah, we do have rather a lot of sysprefs. However, I don't really see a way around it.
13:49 marcelr i understand
13:49 sekjal so long as they're organized and searchable....
13:52 jcamins The way to fix the performance issue, of course, is to make Koha::Record::Biblio and Koha::Record::Item more sensible, with only a single call to retrieve record data.
13:53 marcelr yeah
13:54 * jcamins is hoping to do some of that with the big authority developments coming up.
13:55 marcelr jcamins++ for that
13:55 jcamins I would *love* to kill off C4::AuthoritiesMarc and replace it with Koha::Record::Authority, Koha::Search::*, and Koha::Something::Authorities
13:55 marcelr jcamins++ for solid code in 6557 too
13:55 marcelr and well documented test plans!
13:57 * wajasu gets his git env running in a virtual machine, sharing the debian install (perl deps + apache + mysql database) as a separately enabled site.
13:58 marcelr jcamins: here comes the but... did you see what happened with the third patch on report 6557?
13:58 * wajasu wonders if i should just enable it but have it run at different ports 90/9090
13:58 marcelr squashed?
13:59 jcamins marcelr: whoops! I'll obsolete the other two.
13:59 jcamins Actually, I don't like the subject on the squashed one.
13:59 marcelr give me the new name
14:00 jcamins I think "Record bib popularity in totalissues" makes sense.
14:01 marcelr ok i will copy that
14:01 jcamins Thanks.
14:06 wajasu when i ran the kohaclone git dev environment, it seemed to create my virtualhost at  so i just made it *:8080 so my NameVirualHost *:8080 would match.
14:06 mbalmer joined #koha
14:07 wajasu when one installs make for debian for the dev environment, does one usually install build-essential?
14:08 wajasu my vm with standard debian + koha-common  + git kohaclone + build-essential is about 2.6GB  Those .po  translations add up.
14:10 wajasu i'm wondering if i have my koha git repo in my host OS, then maybe I can just mount it in the guest os with sshfs or such to keep my vm's lighter..
14:12 Oak joined #koha
14:13 jcamins wajasu: that would work, yes.
14:14 wajasu so when i ran my git dev setup, i chose to resuse my koha database previously set up.
14:16 wajasu i hit the staff interface, and the webinstaller came up.  and i had to step through the steps again.
14:17 * wajasu wonder if there is a way to prevent that, since it would have been done during my original databse install.
14:17 mib_wq69mm joined #koha
14:18 SJeffery joined #koha
14:22 marcelr joined #koha
14:25 wizzytab joined #koha
14:28 wizzytab joined #koha
14:30 wizzytab hi
14:30 jcamins_away tab?
14:30 wahanui tab is under advanced otpions
14:31 jcamins_away Hehe.
14:31 jcamins_away Oh, tablet.
14:31 druthb hi, wizzytab.  :)
14:31 wizzytab heyas
14:31 jcamins_away Hello.
14:34 mbalmer joined #koha
14:40 SJeffery joined #koha
14:42 schuster joined #koha
14:43 schuster So where is the syspref to set a "Max duedate"?
14:44 jcamins_away schuster: there aren't global duedates anymore. You set it in the circ rules.
14:44 mleaway anyone still in teviot?
14:45 schuster Ah thanks..
14:45 marcelr yes some folks still are
14:46 mleaway marcelr thanks then i will come by soon
14:46 tcohen joined #koha
14:46 * wajasu wonders if as far as git devel goes.  is this workflow possible?  mount git kohaclone repo in a vm, running as koha-patchNNNN user with working branch selected as kohapatchNNNN such that each user gets a consistent environment. logging in as a different koha-patchNNNN user would give a new context/git branch. of course only one branch/env could be worked on at a time.
14:47 wajasu to save repeated git clone.
14:48 hdl1 wajasu: investigate git clone -l
14:48 jcamins_away wajasu: yes, but why would you use different users?
14:49 jcamins_away Alternatively, use git clone -l from your central clone.
14:49 jcamins_away (but then you wouldn't be able to use sshfs, since I don't think hardlinks are possible via sshfs)
14:50 wajasu is the idea with git, that i can just git pull to get new changes, ad infinitum?  and just do  git -b mybranch v3.08.01  or such?
14:51 jcamins_away Hmmm...
14:51 jcamins_away Where's pastebot?
14:51 jcamins_away
14:51 jcamins_away wajasu: that was for you.
14:52 jcamins_away wajasu: exactly, you can have as many branches as you want in git, and update whenever you want.
14:53 wajasu i have this nice vm script (generates vm environments.  kvm, lxc, squeeze, wheezy, whatever.  but if i configure it so that i can maintain one host os based git repo, but mounted in the vm, i can save space in the vm's and generate git dev users per patch that i can fix/test with.
14:53 jcamins_away I'm not sure why you'd want to do that.
14:53 jcamins_away If they're all sharing the same database, you can only edit things with one at a time.
14:54 wajasu i have it sharing the same database, yes in the vm.  I can also koha-create other databases in the vm.
14:57 wajasu do you just git clone every time you set up an working patch dev environment?  or just periodically git pull, and create branches? as the pastebin looks like
15:01 jcamins_away wajasu: actually, I do something even better...
15:02 jcamins_away
15:02 jcamins_away wajasu: I use git aliases to handle all the branch making for me.
15:02 jcamins_away Don't use the git tr.
15:03 jcamins_away I ended up writing a large script to handle that.
15:03 wajasu nice.
15:03 jcamins_away (rdb = resolve database)
15:08 wajasu no hardlinks huh. i'll look into a local git clone instead of hitting koha-community too much.
15:08 LBA joined #koha
15:09 mglavica joined #koha
15:10 jcamins_away wajasu: yeah, *much* better.
15:10 jcamins_away wajasu: hardlinks are good too, if you really want separate kohaclones.
15:12 wajasu if i clone the koha-comminity (2GB).  then clone locally from that (call it myclone).  can i git pull from the koha-community git repo later from myclone?
15:12 wajasu i.e. change my upstream git repo?
15:13 wajasu if gits repo is immutable that is?
15:15 wajasu might need to ask that on git channel
15:15 dpavlin yap.
15:15 wajasu i love git
15:15 dpavlin just git add remove upstream git://
15:16 dpavlin and then: git pull upstream master (or git fetch upstream ; git merge upstream/master)
15:16 mleaway so i found the koha enclave!
15:16 wajasu you made my day jcamins and dpavlin
15:17 dpavlin "upstream" is arbitrary name of remote which you can change
15:17 dpavlin argh! git add *remote* upstream git://
15:17 wajasu so git is bidirectional in a sense
15:18 dpavlin wajasu: you will have to thank git developers, not us ;-)
15:19 reiveune bye
15:19 reiveune left #koha
15:21 wajasu well then, i'll make my vm creation script git pull from a configurable repo (could be my local one with a git daemon), and periodically git pull/fetch/ my local one.   then my vm's will pul from that.
15:29 cait-m_ joined #koha
15:31 * druthb hugs cait-m_
15:32 cait-m_ hey
15:33 cait-m_ and bye - trying to get some rest :-)
15:34 marcelr hi cait
15:35 * mleaway waves from the bus
15:35 mleaway good to meet you marcelr
15:35 mrenvoize joined #koha
15:36 marcelr bye mleaway do not miss your bus stop
15:37 mib_c4pxlf joined #koha
15:45 mleaway : )
16:01 melia joined #koha
16:03 edveal left #koha
16:03 mrenvoize left #koha
16:08 banana joined #koha
16:10 edveal joined #koha
16:15 mbalmer doctors pub, anyone?
16:16 mbalmer or any other pub, fwiw.. (as long it is in edinburgo)
16:23 mbalmer no one to join me and mveron?
16:25 * sekjal totally would, but is on the wrong side of the Atlantic... also at work
16:25 mbalmer heh, excuses, excuses .. ;P
16:27 hankbank joined #koha
16:27 * mveron Is on the way to doctors pub...
16:38 mtompset joined #koha
16:38 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
16:41 drojf joined #koha
16:46 dpavlin druthb: happy birtday!
16:46 druthb Thanks, dpavlin! :)
16:46 dpavlin birthday... of course... But it was longish day :-)
16:51 paul_p joined #koha
16:51 mtompset Happy Birthday, druthb.
16:51 druthb :)  Thanks.
16:52 bag left #koha
16:52 bag joined #koha
16:52 banana left #koha
16:53 mtompset Are either of you familiar with configuring apache such that the name directs to OPAC or staff client on the server?
16:53 druthb yep.  Just use NameVirtualHost *:80, then in each of your <VirtualHost *:80> stanzas, use a different ServerName value.
16:54 mtompset Okay... but what about the rewrite rules?
16:54 mtompset I had to expressly put the name into them.
16:54 mtompset Is that correct?
16:54 druthb If you're using the default koha-conf.httpd file, you won't need to change the Rewrites.
16:55 mtompset I tried it without changing the rewrites, and it didn't work.
16:55 druthb (In other words, *do* use the default file, and change only the ServerName and VirtualHost directives.  Strongly recommend.)  It should...are there other sites on the server?
16:55 mtompset Well, the default: It works!
16:56 druthb remove that, with a2dissite default, then restart apache.
16:56 druthb it may be 000-default
16:57 mtompset The other mess....
16:57 mtompset the VM that is the koha server....
16:57 mtompset is sitting being a VM that is a proxy redirect server...
16:58 mtompset ^begin^behind^
16:58 mtompset Anys... I'll start with the simpler problem.. :)
16:59 mtompset Booting my local koha VM. :)
16:59 druthb :)
16:59 mtompset I had to make the same changes even without a proxy redirect.
17:00 mtompset I tweaked my Windows 7 hosts to include library and library-admin
17:00 mtompset (OPAC and Staff Clients respectively)
17:01 mtompset I then tweaked my Ubuntu hosts to include them as well.
17:01 druthb yeah, I've done that stunt--putting them in the hosts file as, then setting up port forwarding on the Virtualbox interfaces.
17:02 mtompset My VM sits on my network in bridged adapter mode.
17:02 mtompset I actually have a network IP address. :)
17:02 brylie joined #koha
17:02 druthb coolness.
17:02 wahanui coolness is a factor way the hell down your list, though it's on there.  The ability to do your editing in your Editor Of Choice instead of that wonky one in WP was a big selling point, as was being able to version-control the whole site with git, and automate the upload.  So far, I'm happy as a clam with this.  I've got about another hours's work, and it'll be ready for me to throw WP overboard.
17:02 druthb shup, wahanui.
17:02 wahanui druthb: sorry...
17:03 mtompset I wish I had a more powerful machine.
17:03 mtompset I'm running this on my netbook.
17:06 * mtompset wonders if his VM is booting.
17:06 mtompset I hate the black start ups.
17:07 mtompset So, what timezone are you in?
17:07 druthb Central US.
17:07 mtompset There was a power failure here. It's 1AM.
17:07 mtompset @wunder MNL
17:08 huginn` mtompset: The current temperature in Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines is 24.9°C (1:06 AM PHT on June 09, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 255%. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Steady).
17:08 druthb @wunder 66046
17:08 huginn` druthb: The current temperature in Jeff's Weather Lab, Lawrence, Kansas is 27.8°C (12:07 PM CDT on June 08, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 20%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Falling).
17:08 mtompset Much nicer humidity. :)
17:09 mtompset I rebooted the VM ... this time it looks like it is booting.
17:09 druthb well, yes.  Bone-dry here, lately; haven't had any rain at all in a couple of weeks.
17:10 mtompset I have a few friends near Kansas City, MO.
17:10 mtompset Interesting cross-state border town. :)
17:11 sekjal @wunder 01003
17:11 huginn` sekjal: The current temperature in Computer Science Bldg - University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts is 25.2°C (1:10 PM EDT on June 08, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 52%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 29.85 in 1011 hPa (Falling).
17:13 mtompset Just confirming IP address is the same.
17:13 mtompset That's the problem with DHCP... I didn't choose a static for this.
17:14 mtompset Okay... working...
17:15 mtompset SSH'ing in...
17:15 * druthb runs  to grab some lunch.
17:16 sophie_m joined #koha
17:16 bag @wunder 93109
17:16 huginn` bag: The current temperature in K6LCM-Westside/Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 20.3°C (10:15 AM PDT on June 08, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 29.88 in 1012 hPa (Rising).
17:16 mtompset Okay... looking at my /etc/koha/koha-httpd.conf
17:17 mtompset Hello, bag and sekjal.
17:17 bag morning
17:18 mtompset literally for me. :)
17:18 mtompset @wunder MNL
17:18 huginn` mtompset: The current temperature in Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines is 25.6°C (1:10 AM PHT on June 09, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 24.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Steady).
17:18 sekjal hi, mtompset
17:18 mtompset
17:19 mbalmer joined #koha
17:19 mtompset I have two <VirtualHost *:80> sections
17:19 mbalmer Hi from doctors pub...
17:20 mtompset Hmm.... should they be <VirtualHost library:80> and <VirtualHost library-admin:80>?
17:20 eythian joined #koha
17:20 druthb_lunching no.  They should be the same as the NameVirtualHost command, *:80.  The ServerName directives must be different.
17:20 mtompset They are.
17:21 mtompset Now, I'll undo the rewrites, as shown in my paste above.
17:21 mtompset and restart apache.
17:22 druthb_lunching If you've got the NameVirtualHost/VirtualHost/ServerName directives right, and *if* (the bigger if) you have networking all okay on the VM--about which I cannot help much--then it should Just Work with the default rewrites.
17:22 mbalmer The conferenc wifi is amazing, works even in the pub (which is not on the campus, btw)
17:24 cait joined #koha
17:26 mtompset I've changed it to the default rewrites.
17:26 mtompset I'm restarting apache.
17:28 mtompset Interesting.
17:28 mtompset It works.
17:28 mtompset I suppose being behing a proxy VM makes things get mangled enough that the default rules don't work.
17:29 mtompset ^behing^behind^
17:29 mtompset How far is it away, mblamer?
17:30 mbalmer dunno, momtpset
17:31 mbalmer Maybe 100-200 yards more
17:31 mtompset 100 yards = 300 feet = the n standard.
17:33 mtompset (newer versions, that is)
17:39 eythian it's not conference wifi, it's uni wifi I think
17:39 eythian so there'll be access points all over the uni
17:42 mtompset Are you any good at CSS, eythian?
17:44 gmcharlt @quote random
17:44 huginn` gmcharlt: Quote #58: "<jdavidb> I prefer killing bugs, not kitties." (added by gmcharlt at 04:38 PM, February 17, 2010)
17:46 slef zplut
17:46 mtompset What is zplut?
17:46 slef it was a bit wet and blowy up that hill
17:47 slef splat but more so
17:47 slef and on a phone keyboard
17:47 mtompset Okay, I get it.
17:49 eythian mtompset: not especially.
17:49 eythian I usually spend a large amount of time making things work
17:49 mtompset Me too.
17:50 mtompset Let's say I want to make a 8 pixel blue border (have a nice graphic) around my koha pages... is there an easy way to do that?
17:57 eythian probably
17:57 eythian my easy way of doing that sort of thing is to ask one of our design team :)
17:57 cait heh
17:59 mtompset Nice, but that doesn't work for me.
17:59 Oak joined #koha
17:59 * Oak waves
17:59 mtompset Hey, Oak.
17:59 Oak Ahoy mtompset
18:00 mtompset Also, let's make this tougher...
18:00 Oak cait! hello.
18:00 mtompset It's for the STAFF client.
18:00 Oak OKAY
18:00 mtompset Yes, hello, cait.
18:01 mtompset It would seem customization of OPAC is much easier than the Staff client.
18:04 francharb joined #koha
18:09 mtompset What time is it there, Oak? It seems like it would be drastically after hours.
18:09 cait left #koha
18:09 Oak 23:08 :)
18:09 cait joined #koha
18:10 Oak what time it is in your world?
18:11 mtompset 2:10AM.
18:11 mtompset There was a power failure a couple hours ago. Woke up as a result.
18:15 mtompset I figured my north american koha folks might be able to help me with things. :)
18:18 mtompset I'm taking off.
18:18 mtompset Perhaps you should too, Oak. ;)
18:18 * mtompset waves bye.
18:18 alex_a joined #koha
18:20 * drojf peeks in from his bed
18:21 drojf happy birthday, druthb
18:21 cait lol
18:21 cait everyone hiding in bed now?
18:21 drojf heh. are you?
18:21 cait took a nap, feeling better
18:22 cait and there is not really a desk in here to put the laptop on
18:22 drojf nice. i begin to fear that now that i am finally in bed i am too tired to sleep
18:23 drojf i would like my sweets from the asian restaurant now
18:23 drojf should have packed some
18:24 cait heh
18:25 drojf too lazy to get up and go to tesco :(
18:25 cait ah
18:25 cait do you know how long the supermarkets are open here?
18:25 cait I was thinking about some juice and crackers
18:25 drojf did you see that one of our busses drove along the fudge shop?
18:25 cait ah no, didn't notice that
18:25 drojf i think tesco is open until 23 here
18:26 drojf
18:26 drojf could use that now
18:27 trea joined #koha
18:28 druthb left #koha
18:44 cait left #koha
18:55 drojf dpavlin: i have added the line to your example on[…]ng_Zebra_indexing. i will put up the configuration examples for my talk somewhen during hackfest
18:57 trea left #koha
19:03 SJeffery joined #koha
19:04 SJeffery Does Koha currently have the ability to handle items that contain multiple items (each with their own separate bib records)?
19:12 sekjal SJeffery: so, a biblio would have items, and those items would in turn be composed of other biblios?
19:13 SJeffery Hmm, not sure we are thinking the same thing. I have always heard it referred to as "bound with". So you have two monographs (bulletin #'s 12 and 13) that someone bound together in the past.
19:15 sekjal ah, okay, so two biblios need to point to the same item record
19:16 sekjal I *think* you can do that with analytics... but you'd need a third biblio
19:16 sekjal the two biblios (12 and 13) would point to a third (12 + 13 together) that would have the item in question
19:17 sekjal I'm not sure if the current Analytics implementation is complete enough to handle that yet, but the spec I wrote for it would allow for such.  The actually two-volume item would be allowed to 'pass through' to both biblios
19:18 SJeffery Well crud. ok. I will submit an enhancement bug for it.
19:18 SJeffery It really should not be handled at the biblio level (other than a link to the other items it is bound with)...would need to happen on the item level
19:19 SJeffery sekjal: Do you have a link to the spec? I am not sure I have seen that one.
19:19 SJeffery <--The only person more obsessed about analytics than Jared
19:22 sekjal it's been overwritten by the Analytics spec that OSS Labs did... but here's the historical link:[…]upport&oldid=1174
19:24 SJeffery ok, yeah, I have seen that one. Depending on how analytics support looks in August and what is in the pipeline I am going to try to spec out and fund a bunch of improvements to analytics.
19:26 sekjal great!
19:29 schuster I'm looking at the Adding item process and "In Processing Center"  When we add them manually it says that but when we load them say from a disk it doesn't.  What else do we need to do for them to come up in processing center?
19:34 cait-m_ joined #koha
19:34 NateC joined #koha
19:34 sekjal schuster: I think you'd need to set the shelving location to PROC on the imported items.  The real shelving location gets stashed in permanent_location, I think
19:35 sekjal problem is, permanent_location isn't mapped to MARC at all
19:49 drojf SJeffery: do you mean a horizontal relationship between items of different biblios? like item1.1 (belonging to biblio1) is related to ("bound with" in your case) item2.1 (belonging to biblio2)?
19:50 SJeffery Yes. The trick is that they both have the exact same barcode.
19:54 drojf we do horizontal relations locally in with field 777, but on the biblio level by linking to the control number. but that won't help you then i guess
19:56 SJeffery Seems to be a feature that is just plain missing. I doubt that non-academic libraries run into the issue so that would explain its lack.
19:59 sekjal the data structure is also such that linking an item to multiple biblios would require a massive restructuring of core tables
20:00 cait-m_ i think you could perhaps misuse easyanalytics foe that
20:00 cait-m_ the item goes on the record of the first work
20:01 cait-m_ and then link
20:01 cait-m_ we are talking about thongs being bkund together?
20:02 SJeffery Yes.
20:03 SJeffery *shakes fist at person (long deceased) who thought binding USGS bulletins together was a good idea*
20:04 cait-m_ what one of or,libraries does is
20:04 cait-m_ creating dummy items
20:05 cait-m_ with a link to the actual item rdcord in the item note
20:05 cait-m_ sorry for tips
20:05 cait-m_ typos
20:05 cait-m_ on phone
20:06 SJeffery Is it a sign when you make a typo when writing the word typos?
20:06 cait-m_ mean phone
20:09 cait-m_ ok
20:09 cait-m_ sleep
20:09 drojf is "one seventh of a bag contains" a valid uk measure or the most arbitrary way to print a small number of calories on a bag of sweets?
20:09 cait-m_ bye all
20:09 SJeffery I do not see any bugs in for this, can someone confirm before I write it all out?
20:09 drojf goodnight cait-m_
20:10 cait-m_ thx drojf
20:13 drojf SJeffery: confirm what exactly?
20:14 SJeffery That there is no bug (enhancement) currently in for the bound-with function? I can't find anything under that name but someone else might refer to it using a different tern.
20:16 drojf ah. sorry, im tired and slow right now :D i'll try a search. i looked at all bugs regarding linking a while ago and at that time there was nothing like that
20:16 SJeffery This is my first Koha bug report and dont want it to be some sort of dupe.
20:20 sekjal time for the weekend to begin!  have a good one, #koha!  best wishes to all hackfesters
20:20 drojf dont find anything on linking items, but maybe too tired ;)
20:30 maximep left #koha
20:34 SJeffery Thanks for the effort:)
20:36 SJeffery Bug 8214
20:36 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8214 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Create a bound with function
20:44 JesseM left #koha
20:47 libsysguy left #koha
20:55 aihsuser2 joined #koha
20:56 NateC joined #koha
20:57 aihsuser2 Hey, I'm trying to register my koha server with oai and it failed the validation tests.  Anyone know what a proper config for them might look like?
20:59 sophie_m joined #koha
21:05 gmcharlt aihsuser2: did OAI give you informatino about the specific validation errors?
21:07 aihsuser2 yes their email reads : Unfortunately your repository did not validate at version 2.0 of the OAI-PMH
21:07 aihsuser2 according to our OAI protocol conformance tester. The errors received during
21:07 aihsuser2 testing are listed below.
21:07 aihsuser2 [1] Failed to extract any setSpec elements from ListSets but did not find an
21:07 aihsuser2 exception message. If sets are not supported by the repository then the
21:08 aihsuser2 ListSets response must be the noSetHierarchy error. See
21:08 aihsuser2 [[…]ocol.htm#ListSets].
21:08 aihsuser2 [2] The response to the ListIdentifiers verb with metadataPrefix oai_dc
21:08 aihsuser2 contained no identifiers. Without at least one identifier, we cannot proceed
21:08 aihsuser2 with the validation tests.
21:08 aihsuser2 No identifiers in response to ListIdentifiers. Without an identifier we cannot
21:08 aihsuser2 proceed with validation tests.
21:08 SJeffery So if there is an enhancement that we want to take care of, do you just take care of it and push it, or do you RFC each one no matter how small?
21:09 aihsuser2 the more comprehensive test suite seems to think the errors are in the xml schema
21:11 aihsuser2 you can see the full test results if you enter my server name into
21:16 SJeffery I think everyone is either at the conference or traveling right now
21:17 gmcharlt aihsuser2: do you have any OAI sets defined via the relevant admin page?
21:18 davidnind joined #koha
21:18 aihsuser2 nope
21:19 aihsuser2 what would an easy set (all) look like?
21:19 sophie_m left #koha
21:30 gmcharlt aihsuser2: eh, prbably something like (in the set definition) 245 subfield a = .*
21:31 * gmcharlt notes that there is in fact a bug here, seemingly -- if no sets are defined in Koha, there is a way for it to say so in a compliant fashion
21:31 gmcharlt it's just not doing it
21:36 aihsuser2 tried that, still shows errors in XML,
21:36 aihsuser2 maybe a bug report/feature request is on order
21:36 aihsuser2 *in
21:50 eythian @later tell cait <-- rangi / cait
21:50 huginn` eythian: The operation succeeded.
21:55 drojf i knew it was a good idea to refuse to stand behind that thing :D
22:02 aihsuser22 joined #koha
22:10 atmanning hey there folks - I've got a quick question regarding the script - why is it configured to run every 5 minutes?  This seems crazy with a large amount of books
22:13 drojf atmanning: people want to see stuff they catalogue show up in the opac quickly
22:14 drojf you can run rebuild less often if you dont catalogue much
22:14 drojf or dont mind your stuff showing up later
22:19 paul_p joined #koha
22:24 drojf paul_p: sandbox 10 configuration is missing, there is a koha 404 message instead[…]n/koha/
22:27 atmanning regarding rebuild - I'm finding that it takes about 30 minutes on a virtual machine guest Debian squeeze Koha 3.8 with 135000 book records, which isn't a very large library.  Is there a faq that lists the system requirements?  My 5-year old server with 2 Gig memory on a 2.4 GHz dual core cannot keep up it seems.  I disabled the cron entry while importing....
22:28 atmanning Anybody running Koha on an Amazon s3 instance?  Seems like a nice way to try it out.
22:42 mtj yes, many people...
22:44 slef @later tell sjeffrey seems like enh bugs are vital at the moment and rfcs somewhat optional. Expect new advice on that sometime soon
22:44 huginn` slef: The operation succeeded.
22:44 slef atmanning: the 5-min rebuild is only new items (-z), not everything
22:46 slef atmanning: tajoli has a bug fix to bring back the old zebraqueuedaemon (runs only on demand) too
22:47 slef atmanning: there is no faq on it but occasional anecdotes on server sizes are posted to the list. If you'd like more, ask.
22:48 slef maybe tcohen not tajoli
22:49 slef @query zebra queue daemon
22:49 huginn` slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6590 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, juan.sieira, Failed QA , Removing hyphens from isbn and issn when cataloging a biblio
22:49 slef @query zebraqueue daemon
22:49 huginn` slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6435 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , False "no items" in search results [intranet]
22:49 huginn` slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6590 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, juan.sieira, Failed QA , Removing hyphens from isbn and issn when cataloging a biblio
22:49 slef @query zebraqueue_daemon
22:49 huginn` slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7170 normal, P3, ---, paul.poulain, REOPENED , Remove use of XML::Simple
22:49 huginn` slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2505 major, P1 - high, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED , enable Perl warnings in all modules and scripts
22:49 huginn` slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6590 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, juan.sieira, Failed QA , Removing hyphens from isbn and issn when cataloging a biblio
22:49 slef huginn`: you suck
22:49 huginn` slef: downloading the Perl source
22:50 slef @query zebra-queue-daemon
22:50 huginn` slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6590 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, juan.sieira, Failed QA , Removing hyphens from isbn and issn when cataloging a biblio
22:50 slef bbl
22:54 LBA joined #koha
22:54 wajasu ok. i got my vm working, where if found a sshfs that supports hardlinks, so i could mount my host OS kohaclone workspace.  i did a perl Makefile,make,make install.  i just need to get my sshf mounted for apache to see. makes my kvm's smaller
22:56 wajasu had to grab a sshfs with hardlink support from
22:56 atmanning after I finish this latest import I'll see how long it takes with the -z option    Debian squeeze is noticeably faster than Ubuntu and the apt-get install koha-commons saved me lots of frustration with cpan and missing dependencies too.
22:57 wajasu koha-commons ++
23:30 melia left #koha
23:30 * liw is ill and won't be able to come to the hackfest during the weekend (this sucks)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary