IRC log for #koha, 2012-05-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 rangi mtj++
00:04 melia left #koha
00:06 mtj so, 'signed-off'   ==  'passed-qa' , in BZ?
00:07 rangi hmm signed-off = signed-off
00:07 rangi if you mean the status in bugzilla
00:08 rangi if you just qaed them though, and add a git sign off, and the status was signed-off before, you can switch it to passed-qa now
00:08 rangi was that what you meant?
00:09 mtj hmm, i cant find the 'pased-qa' status ?
00:10 rangi whast the current status?
00:10 mtj i can see the 'failed qa' option
00:10 mtj current status is 'needs signoff'
00:10 mtj tho, that status is poss. incorrect
00:11 rangi had the patches all been signed off before you signed off on them?
00:11 mtj yes
00:11 mtj by jcamins
00:11 rangi you'll have to go signed off, then passed qa
00:11 rangi should be fine
00:12 mtj gotcha
00:19 mtj fyi: i have a little QA script that runs a perlcritic test, on the last commit
00:19 mtj[…]
00:20 rangi cool
00:20 mtj so for the quotes stuff -  i squashed the 18 commits into 1, then ran the script
00:20 mtj .. it passed OK, etc
00:20 rangi i run t/00-testcritic.t
00:21 rangi its a pre-commit hook
00:21 rangi wont let me commit if it fails
00:21 rangi ahh the 00 ones are good to run
00:21 rangi ahh=all
00:21 rangi as a bare minimum
00:25 mtj oooh, thats new to me :)
00:26 rangi plus the xt/ ones
00:26 rangi xt/tt_valid.t
00:26 rangi xt/permissions.t
00:26 rangi as well as
00:26 rangi xt/author/translatable-templates.t
00:27 mtj i guess my method is the quick/dirty way  (its only testing the files that were modded by he commit)
00:27 rangi yep, but theres a bunch of other tests we should be doing too :)
00:28 rangi so we dont create translation problems etc
00:28 rangi jenkins will catch them .. but by then .. that means at least 3 people havent run them before that point
00:28 mtj t/00-testcritic.t seems to skip the C4  dir?
00:28 rangi which is a fail
00:28 rangi yeah that dir needs to be cleaned up, everything in there is a fail
00:29 rangi well a lot of it, then the test switched on for there
00:29 mtj ah yep 'At present only the directories in @dirs will pass the tests in 'Gentle' mode '
00:29 rangi its unfair to fail a patch for existing errors imho
00:29 rangi there is a standing bug for fixing errors
00:30 rangi when i get time i work on it
00:30 rangi as well as bug 4330
00:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4330 normal, P3, ---, chris, Needs Signoff , Copyright statements out of date
00:30 mtj yes, agreed
00:30 rangi bug 6679
00:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6679 minor, P1 - high, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
00:32 rangi and if you want to really win bonus points
00:32 rangi http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]heckstyleResult/?
00:33 rangi :)
00:35 mtj w0w 'Checks cyclomatic complexity' is pretty clever
00:41 Judit joined #koha
00:44 jcamins_away mtj++
00:50 NateC joined #koha
01:21 eythian
01:27 rangi heh
01:34 chris_n mtj: thanks :)
02:18 Topic for #koha is now Happy birthday rangi! Koha 3.8.1 and 3.6.4 Now Available | Koha Community Website - | General IRC meeting, 13 June 2012 at 18:00 UTC+0
02:19 rangi hmm i will be on an airplane then
02:19 chris_n use a satellite connection then ;-)
02:19 rangi heh
02:20 chris_n airlines should offer broadband in-flight
02:20 eythian some of our ones do
02:20 eythian but it's terribly expensive
02:20 rangi yep
02:20 rangi insanely so
02:22 rangi we need gogo
02:22 rangi $11 us for a 24 hour pass
02:22 rangi virgin america does it
02:23 rangi
02:24 eythian I'm surprised someone like Singapore Air hasn't got onto a scheme like that yet.
02:25 rangi yeah
02:25 eythian ahh
02:25 eythian it will work for US domestic only
02:25 rangi *nod*
02:25 eythian it relays through ground stations
02:25 rangi they plan to expand apparently its being trialled in oz too
02:25 eythian satellite (what airnz uses) is a lot more expensive
02:25 rangi yep
02:25 eythian cool
02:26 rangi i see lots of press from 2010 about singapore to offer wifi
02:26 rangi but nothing saying they ever did
02:27 rangi[…]ights-sqairlines/
02:28 eythian It's the same tech as airnz, so will probably be expensive too
02:29 eythian via Inmarsat, so low bandwidth
02:29 rangi yuck
02:30 eythian was supposed to start in May last year, but I see nothing that says that it did either.
02:30 rangi chris_n: did you get the link to the db dump?
02:31 chris_n no, but it is probably on my computer at work
02:31 * chris_n is home atm
02:31 rangi ahh you need it at work or at home? :)
02:31 chris_n work is fine
02:32 rangi sweet
02:32 rangi ping me again tomorrow if its not there :)
02:32 chris_n the bandwidth here is *very* narrow :-)
02:32 chris_n will do
02:55 chris_n g'night
02:55 rangi cya later
03:21 druthb joined #koha
03:21 druthb o/
03:22 rangi hi druthb
03:22 druthb hiya, rangi. :)
04:09 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
04:14 druthb left #koha
04:32 jenkins_koha Starting build #21 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
04:48 cait joined #koha
04:52 cait hi #koha
04:54 eythian hi cait
04:56 cait hi eythian :)
04:56 eythian[…]n/wellington-city <-- check out the forecast for the next few days here...
04:57 eythian Sunday is going to break records
04:57 rangi Heh
05:10 francharb joined #koha
05:10 francharb good morning!
05:11 rangi Did u get any sleep?
05:11 francharb Hi rangi
05:11 francharb well
05:11 francharb I did get some
05:12 francharb but it wasn't good sleep...
05:12 francharb hehe
05:12 francharb I was obsessed by the migration I'm working on...
05:12 francharb :)
05:13 francharb and the project itself is getting messy...
05:13 francharb I need to fix that!
05:13 rangi Hate when that happens
05:14 francharb me too
05:15 francharb but in a week and a half, it's Kohacon! so I will work the more I can to get everything on track before!
05:15 francharb :)
05:16 rangi :)
05:16 rangi Me too
05:19 francharb :)
05:25 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #21: SUCCESS in 53 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/21/
05:25 jenkins_koha * Bug 7788: [SIGNED-OFF] Remove two unused calls to GetShelf
05:25 jenkins_koha * Bug 7788: [SIGNED-OFF] Followup: GetShelf call in addbybiblio script corrected
05:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7788 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Stable , Tiny problems with calling GetShelf
05:26 Amit_Gupta Bug 5795
05:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5795 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Passed QA , Missing ReservesControlBranch system pref in database installer
05:26 Amit_Gupta Bug 7970
05:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7970 major, P1 - high, ---, amit.gupta, RESOLVED DUPLICATE, Allow OPAC holds per library policy without default rule
05:28 adnc joined #koha
06:11 laurence joined #koha
06:13 magnuse kia ora #koha!
06:20 hdl joined #koha
06:21 hdl1 joined #koha
06:28 alex_a bonjour
06:28 wahanui hey, alex_a
06:40 sophie_m joined #koha
06:47 Amit_Gupta heya hdl1
06:49 reiveune joined #koha
06:50 reiveune hello
06:50 wahanui bonjour, reiveune
06:52 drojf joined #koha
06:52 drojf good morning #koha
07:12 julian_m joined #koha
07:13 julian_m hello
07:14 Joubu joined #koha
07:14 Joubu hi
07:14 wahanui bonjour, Joubu
07:17 Amit_Gupta heya Joubu
07:28 laurence joined #koha
07:33 Guillaume joined #koha
07:35 alex_a English question: Can i use "holdable" to say that an item can be held, or is there an other word ?
07:36 alex_a reservable ?
07:39 francharb :)
07:40 francharb in other words, is there a short term for "available for hold"?
07:40 francharb ;)
07:41 alex_a yes
07:41 alex_a :)
07:41 alex_a thx francharb
07:41 francharb
07:41 francharb vous avez vu l'animation aujourd'hui?
07:42 francharb c'est en l'honneur de moog
07:42 francharb c'est barge
07:42 francharb oups
07:42 francharb wrong chan
07:42 alex_a francharb: c'est #koha ici
07:42 francharb LOL
07:42 francharb anyway, have you seen that you can play keboards on google home page?
07:43 francharb and there is a 4 track recorder too!
07:43 francharb awesome
07:45 magnuse and you can use the keyboard to play...
07:47 francharb magnuse, and i just recorded something bad
07:47 francharb
07:47 francharb ;)
07:47 francharb I will check this later and work on it
07:47 magnuse francharb: very avant garde :-)
07:47 francharb I guess I can play something star wars song on it!
07:47 francharb ahaha
07:48 rangi evening
07:48 magnuse morning
07:48 Topdog joined #koha
07:48 magnuse now what if the koha opac logo had the possibility to play songs on it?
07:49 rangi heh
07:50 Topdog pls how do i backup and restore koha database..
07:50 magnuse Topdog: have you seen[…]i/Backing_up_Koha ?
07:50 magnuse Topdog: the answer also depends on how you installed - did you use the debian packages?
07:53 clrh bugzilla is down?
07:53 Joubu It's not just you! looks down from here.
07:53 Joubu :-(
07:53 clrh lol
07:53 * cjh cant access it either :(
07:54 rangi chrisc@li105-217:~$ w 07:53:52 up 407 days, 19:59,  5 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.05
07:54 rangi server is fine
07:54 cjh rangi: a linode server?
07:55 * magnuse can't reach it either
07:55 Oak joined #koha
07:55 magnuse Oak
07:55 Oak kia ora #koha
07:55 Oak magnuse
07:56 magnuse hah! :-)
07:56 cjh rangi: I can ping it but nothing http
07:56 Oak :-)
07:56 rangi looks to be back now
07:56 Oak next time magnuse. you'll see!
07:56 rangi cjh: yep its my linode
07:56 cjh rangi: yeap
07:57 cjh yeap = its back up.
07:57 magnuse yup
07:58 rangi i suspect something was hogging all the connections
07:59 Topdog pls where do i run d script "mysqldump -u kohaadmin -p koha > mydatadump.sql" 2 backup my koha database..
07:59 rangi offtopic
07:59 rangi[…]/koha-3.8.x-daily
08:00 magnuse nais!
08:01 cjh Topdog: that is a command you run from the machine where you have mysql installed
08:01 magnuse koha + catalyst - does that make sense?
08:02 * magnuse knows nothing about catalyst...
08:04 rangi its a framework, uses TT, its certainly worth playing with, and you could replace modules at a time, it would help enforce MVC
08:04 magnuse intriguing...
08:05 magnuse and it would play well with plack or similar?
08:06 rangi yep
08:06 rangi wouldnt play well without some kind of persistance
08:07 magnuse cool :-)
08:08 magnuse oops, bbl
08:14 Oak guys, have a look at this please: and I am wondering how did the make those links like "Find Databases" at bottom, content area, or on right vertical column, "Our Services"... I mean they got Koha working like a content management system right?
08:16 Oak did they manually create pages like "" like here:[…]a/aeu/ ?
08:16 rangi yep
08:16 rangi making the links is fine, thats all in sysprefs and css
08:16 rangi but the actual pages, they made those themselves
08:17 Oak and their extension is .pl
08:17 jenkins_koha Starting build #22 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
08:17 Oak what are they? HTML pages? or
08:17 rangi cant possibly tell
08:17 Oak pages using Koha OPAC's template
08:17 Oak hmm
08:17 Oak it's very nice though.
08:18 Oak and this one: very nice also
08:18 rangi thats all css and sysprefs
08:18 rangi no koha template changes at all
08:18 rangi plus a few static html pages
08:18 Oak well, and the link here like http://library.hauraki-dc.govt[…]es/electronic.htm is a static page?
08:19 rangi yes but thats nothing to do with koha
08:19 rangi just a static page
08:19 rangi that they can edit and sftp
08:19 * Oak wondering how to show Koha's search bar on top of a static page
08:19 rangi cut and paste the html
08:20 rangi from a rendered page
08:20 Oak aah
08:20 rangi its just html by the time it hits your browser
08:20 rangi easy peasy :)
08:20 Oak coool
08:20 Oak :)
08:23 Oak i wish i can make my OPAC cool like these two...
08:23 Oak i'll work on that now.
08:24 samuel joined #koha
08:24 samuel hi everybody :-)
08:24 rangi hi samuel
08:25 Oak bonjour samuel
08:33 rangi @later tell cait tested the german translation in 3.8.1 works for me
08:33 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
08:54 nikhil joined #koha
08:54 nikhil hallo
08:55 nikhil i want to point a problem with koha 3.8.1
08:56 nikhil after searching  a keyword keyword will highlight with yello color
08:59 rangi yes
09:01 nikhil but when we click in the unhighlight  option,  the keyword highlighted will vanishes or disappear
09:01 nikhil check it out
09:03 rangi http://catalog.bywatersolution[…].pl?q=fish&limit=#
09:03 rangi does it disappear here for you?
09:04 nikhil yes ..that version 3.8.0 i think
09:04 nikhil but the problem is with 3.8.1.
09:05 rangi i cant reproduce
09:05 gaetan_B joined #koha
09:06 rangi[…]
09:06 rangi thats later than 3.8.1 and not there
09:07 nikhil sorry ...this is opac...check staff client of 3.8.1
09:08 cait-m joined #koha
09:08 rangi you should file a bug at
09:08 rangi it will be the new css file
09:09 nikhil ok thank u...hope to fix soo
09:10 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #22: SUCCESS in 53 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/22/
09:10 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Bumping debian changelog
09:10 reiveune1 joined #koha
09:10 rangi well once you file the bug you can then send a patch to fix it too
09:11 vkm joined #koha
09:11 vkm hello all
09:14 Amit_Gupta heya vkm
09:15 vkm hello amit
09:15 vkm you are from?
09:15 Amit_Gupta vkm: india
09:16 vkm i am at iit roorkee
09:17 vkm u r from?
09:21 vkm after arranzing the search result A-Z title wise, after page number 50 arrangment does not work please let me know solution/problem
09:23 alex_a joined #koha
09:24 Amit_Gupta vkm: your name
09:24 vkm please tell me yr place of work
09:24 reiveune joined #koha
09:26 julian_m joined #koha
09:26 sophie_m joined #koha
09:29 mib_wdyhhc joined #koha
09:30 mib_wdyhhc hello
09:32 Oak joined #koha
09:33 mib_wdyhhc after arranzing the search result A-Z title wise, after page number 50 arrangment does not work please let me know solution/problem
09:35 sophie_m joined #koha
09:37 Joubu joined #koha
09:43 mib_wdyhhc i noticed it is not page number 50 but arrangment disturbed from title no 1001 i.e. when we reaced alphabetically at title no. 1001
10:02 mib_o3rwth joined #koha
10:03 mib_o3rwth hi
10:04 mib_o3rwth hi julian
10:55 Oak joined #koha
10:56 Oak joined #koha
10:57 magnus_afk @wunder boo
10:57 huginn magnus_afk: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 13.0°C (12:50 PM CEST on May 23, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 44%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Pressure: 30.42 in 1030 hPa (Steady).
10:57 magnus_afk w00t!
10:58 NateC joined #koha
10:58 magnus_afk kia ora NateC!
11:09 Amit_Gupta heya maguns_afk
11:10 Amit_Gupta @wunder Bangalore
11:10 huginn Amit_Gupta: The current temperature in Bangalore, India is 34.0°C (2:30 PM IST on May 23, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 29%. Dew Point: 18.0°C.
11:10 Amit_Gupta @wunder Nagpur
11:10 huginn Amit_Gupta: Error: No such location could be found.
11:10 Amit_Gupta @wunder New Delhi
11:10 huginn Amit_Gupta: The current temperature in New Delhi, India is 42.0°C (4:00 PM IST on May 23, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 8%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Pressure: 29.56 in 1001 hPa (Falling).
11:10 Amit_Gupta @wunder Dehradun
11:10 huginn Amit_Gupta: The current temperature in Dehradun, India is 39.0°C (2:30 PM IST on May 23, 2012). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 7%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Pressure: 29.43 in 997 hPa.
11:10 magnuse gah! that's hot!
11:10 Amit_Gupta hmm
11:10 Amit_Gupta in Delhi
11:10 magnuse and it's not even the middle of summer yet
11:11 Amit_Gupta hmm
11:23 vfernandes joined #koha
11:24 vfernandes hi guys... theres is a easy way to pass on borrowers from the deletedborrowers table to the borrower table?
11:25 Topdog joined #koha
11:32 jwagner joined #koha
11:34 vfernandes i need to recover one deleted borrower...
11:36 vfernandes done... directly on the database :)
11:41 mib_fiygj5 joined #koha
11:47 druthb joined #koha
11:47 Amit_Gupta heya druthb
11:47 druthb Hi, Amit_Gupta. :)
11:49 magnuse o/
11:50 vfernandes anyone here had done migration from Millenium to Koha?
11:50 druthb several times, yes.
11:51 vfernandes mysql or oracle?
11:52 druthb The way we did it, it doesn't matter which backend they're using; we do it all with reports.
11:52 vfernandes humm ok... MARC21 or UNIMARC?
11:53 druthb MARC21, in our cases.
11:53 vfernandes this week i'm starting a migration to Koha from Millenium and i doing the "state of art"
11:54 vfernandes found some information incluing this presentation:[…]-truly-innovative
11:54 jcamins_away julian_m++
11:55 vfernandes there is also a script that creates a MARCXML with the all the records:
11:55 julian_m jcamins_away, ?
11:55 druthb There are simpler ways than that; Ian had some pretty rough limitations on what he could do on that system.
11:55 jcamins_away julian_m: bug 5888
11:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5888 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , opac-detail subject/author links improvements
11:56 vfernandes druthb can I do the export on the command line?
11:56 jcamins I was just asking about that patch yesterday or the day before, and today you rebased it against latest master!
11:56 * magnuse waves at jcamins
11:56 * jcamins waves back
11:56 druthb I think there is a marc export from the command line, yes, and that's the piece that required Ian do all that extra work.
11:57 julian_m jcamins, I hope the patch is ok this time :)
11:57 vfernandes i only have access to the server by SSH and the server with Millenium is still running so I have to be very carefully
11:58 jcamins julian_m: me too! I will test when I can.
11:58 jcamins Right now I have some RMainting to do.
11:58 jcamins 3.6.5 is due out tomorrow.
11:58 druthb Everything else you need--item data, borrowers, current checkouts, etc--can be had via reports.  We have our partner libraries run reports, and send them to us tab-delimited.
12:00 vfernandes only biblio, items, serials and borrowers will be migrated... the current checkouts would be nice to migrate but the client didn't paid for that :D
12:00 vfernandes the reports can be done by command line or only in the interfaces?
12:00 druthb serials is the hard part.  I've never done them, so I don't know--probably in the interface.
12:02 jcamins Sorry for the e-mail volume.
12:02 vfernandes humm ok druthb.. thanks for the help :) i'm still studying the problem and the best way to migrate the data
12:03 druthb :)  glad to help.
12:08 hdl joined #koha
12:09 jcamins hdl: good afternoon.
12:10 jcamins hdl: francharb mentioned that you have an authority deduplicator. Is the code for that available anywhere?
12:12 kyleh jcamines: can you take a look at my newest comment on bug 7804?
12:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7804 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, In Discussion , Add Koha Plugin System
12:12 jcamins kyleh: sure thing.
12:14 kyleh jcamins: thanks!
12:14 Guillaume joined #koha
12:21 oleonard joined #koha
12:23 francharb joined #koha
12:24 chris_n g'morning
12:25 oleonard Hi
12:25 wahanui niihau, oleonard
12:25 Amit_Gupta heya chris_n
12:26 druthb left #koha
12:28 chris_n must be a special sort of curse
12:28 * chris_n has found a non-trivial bug in bugzilla's :-P
12:29 jcamins chris_n: sounds about right.
12:30 chris_n I used to think it was just the name of a perl module...
12:30 chris_n but that could not be further from the truth ;-)
12:31 oleonard jcamins++ # for bug-wrangling
12:31 ago43 joined #koha
12:31 chris_n mtj++ # for signing off on QA work
12:33 jcamins Anything that was pushed prior to the release of 3.6 is getting closed.
12:33 * chris_n gets spammed by bz
12:33 jcamins chris_n: I apologized!
12:33 chris_n jcamins++ # for doing a good job
12:33 jcamins Only another 135 to go.
12:33 chris_n hehe
12:33 oleonard It's not spam, it's delicious bugzilla goodness :P
12:34 chris_n lol
12:36 Guillaume joined #koha
12:38 jcamins If others wanted to close old bugs, that would be a Good Thing.
12:40 oleonard sorry, I only open bugs.
12:40 * oleonard kicks over the trash can for emphasis
12:42 chris_n jcamins: there are pre-canned reports which will return bugs addressed in most of my releases if you are interested
12:43 * chris_n used to keep up with that sort of thing before the schedule went south
12:43 jcamins At this point I think I'll just keep going on my march.
12:44 chris_n probably the release note building script could be mod'ed to update the status of the bugs it touches
12:45 jcamins No need for File::Find.
12:45 jcamins Plugins can only be stored in a plugin place.
12:46 * jcamins likes alliteration.
12:50 chris_n jcamins: from his example it appeared that the plugin author would have some liberty regarding the subdir structure
12:50 chris_n ie. Koha::Plugins::Org::CCFLS::PatronsList::Step1
12:50 chris_n so everything beyond "Org" might vary in name and depth
12:51 chris_n but I'm probably missing some fundamental point :-)
12:51 jcamins chris_n: yes, but the only directory in @INC is the parent directory.
12:51 jcamins The file will be in $plugins/Koha/Plugins/Org/​CCFLS/PatronsList/
12:51 chris_n ahh... right
12:52 chris_n so why even mess with $plugins? why not dictate it from the start?
12:52 jcamins It's a configuration setting.
12:52 * chris_n is totally distracted
12:52 * jcamins too.
12:53 chris_n what did you say perl was again?
12:53 chris_n perl?
12:54 chris_n Perl is different things to different people
12:54 chris_n perl?
12:54 wahanui it has been said that perl is different things to different people
12:54 * chris_n is surprised wahanui did not know what perl is
12:56 gmcharlt you'd think we didn't talk about Perl a lot in this channel
13:02 JesseM joined #koha
13:06 jcamins Well, that's all the bug wrangling I can do this morning.
13:09 magnuse jcamins++
13:16 edveal joined #koha
13:28 paul_p joined #koha
13:29 sekjal joined #koha
13:29 sekjal morning, #koha
13:30 sekjal I'm QAing bug 7065.  the new patch looks good, but there are some minor issues
13:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7065 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Signed Off , reserves table needs a primary key
13:30 paul_p hi sekjal
13:30 sekjal I'm not sure if they're actually issues, or just me being pedantic
13:30 paul_p (& #koha)
13:30 sekjal hi, paul_p
13:31 sekjal first thing:  the patch starts with DBrev = 3.08.00.XXX... easy change, but should be 3.09.00.XXX
13:31 sekjal larger:  calls the primary key "reserve_id" instead of "reservenumber", as originally spec'ed in the bug report
13:32 sekjal not sure if that merits correction, or just a ::shrug:: and acceptance
13:32 sekjal thoughts?
13:34 vfernandes joined #koha
13:35 collum joined #koha
13:38 maximep joined #koha
13:39 hdl fwiw reserve_id is just an other new way to call ids... There are at the moment more than two different. Do we need one more ?
13:40 hdl but do whatever you want.
13:40 hdl you are QA manager.
13:43 sekjal my changing it from reserve_id to reservenumber wouldn't improve functionality at all, and it would provide a chance for typos or missed replacements to slip in.
13:44 hdl you asked for comments.
13:44 sekjal lots of other tables have the _id suffix for their primary key, so it's not unprecedented.  It just loses the parallelism with biblio, biblioitems, items and borrowers
13:45 * sekjal is thinking out loud... and in doing so, convincing himself not to make the change
13:45 edveal Is anyone out there using EZProxy and authenticating against Koha? If so can we discuss how you are doing it?
13:46 paul_p sekjal = look at[…]bugs#Column_names
13:46 paul_p primary keys column name can be: id (in authorised_values table), xxxid (cityid), xxx_id (label_id), xxxId (limitId), xxxcode (branchcode), xxxnumber (borrowernumber) => choose how to name PK and update schema accordingly
13:46 paul_p Maybe it's time to start a discussion on koha-devel for this topic !!!
13:47 paul_p and decide something, add it to coding guidelines, and QA will be easier !
13:47 sekjal some consistency would be good
13:47 paul_p sekjal = agreed ;-)
13:48 paul_p back in a few minutes
13:48 sekjal but, in the interest of expediency and not introducing potential problems, I'm passing it QA
13:48 sekjal we can clean it up once we know what to clean up TO
13:49 paul_p sekjal = I disagree. I think it's the perfect case to start the discussion, decide something and not introduce more inconsistency !
13:50 hdl edveal: maybe sending an e-mail on koha-devel or koha list could be more productive.
13:50 hdl I think jcamins_away or gmcharlt could have some experience with ezproxy though
13:50 edveal hdl yep I think you are right. Just thought I would try here and see.
13:51 sekjal your call as RM.  I'm not sure we'll get a clear response in any kind of reasonable timeframe, though
13:51 sekjal functionally, the patch looks good
13:51 sekjal props to all involved (kyleh, jcamins, gmchalrt, slef, anyone I'm missing)
13:53 paul_p sekjal = the other option is to use the "discussion" workflow = call for discussion, time of 2 weeks, proposal, vote, decision.
13:54 kyleh my opinion on the matter, for what it's worth is that table_id is short, and easy to read.
13:55 paul_p my opinion on the matter is : anything except id (only "id") and "no decision"
13:55 paul_p xxxnumber is quite long but I can live with it, xxxxid or xxxx_id are equivalent, maybe _id is easier to read
13:55 kyleh agreed, id alone causes problems with table joins. in reality, we should prepend every field in a table, but it makes everything so much more tedious.
14:00 Oak joined #koha
14:00 Oak kia ora #koha
14:02 drojf joined #koha
14:08 kyleh again, I think we should move to DBIX::Class. It would make it so we rarely have to write actually SQL, and a byproduct would be database independence.
14:18 oleonard[…]BIx_Class_in_Koha
14:19 NateC joined #koha
14:23 kyleh who wrote that? it looks good, but I get the feeling it has been there for awhile.
14:23 oleonard[…]ha&action=history
14:24 * kyleh somehow missed the history tab at the top.
14:26 * sekjal looks forward to trying to run Koha off of SQLite
14:26 kyleh heh : )
14:27 hdl or mongodb
14:27 * kyleh just discovered Berkeley DB was purchased by Oracle. At least they can't by postgres.
14:28 jcamins_away sekjal: I'm glad I'm not the only one looking forward to Koha on SQLite.
14:28 jcamins edveal: no experience authenticating ezproxy against Koha, sorry.
14:31 chris_n koha will pretty much run over Mariadb as-is
14:31 jcamins Pretty much? Have you run into any gotchas?
14:35 edveal thanks jcamins
14:35 chris_n Maria is a bit stricter on syntax
14:35 chris_n I may have a branch floating around which fixes the few issues I found
14:35 jcamins You should file bugs. :)
14:35 jcamins Are you going to be running Maria in production?
14:36 chris_n not atm
14:36 chris_n there may be a bug
14:37 chris_n its been so long since I looked at it
14:37 chris_n the installer runs fine
14:37 chris_n there are only a very few gotchas which arise much later iirc
14:41 chris_n well, it appears those changes are lost... sorry
14:41 jcamins Oh well.
14:43 jcamins If anyone wants to do some bug wrangling, all bugs with a status of "Pushed to Master" and a version of "rel_3_6" need to be checked to see if they're already in 3.6. If they were incorporated prior to the release of 3.6.0, the bug should be closed. If after 3.6.0, a note to that effect should be made on them, and the status changed to Pushed to Stable.
14:43 * jcamins figured it was worth a try.
14:44 jcamins Actually, I'd argue that any bug where the patch was pushed prior to 3.6.0 should be closed.
14:45 jcamins (if there haven't been any updates since then)
14:47 chris_n jcamins: aha!
14:48 chris_n bug 5366
14:48 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5366 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Standing enh req for code changes enabling database agnosticism
14:48 chris_n and...
14:48 chris_n[…]/heads/k_bug_5366
14:48 chris_n so there you are
14:48 jcamins Cool, thanks.
14:49 chris_n absolutely no guarantees there
14:50 jcamins Of course.
14:51 jcamins I won't be putting Koha with MariaDB into production any time soon.
14:52 wizzyrea packages for 3.8.1 - any uh, timeline for that?
14:52 wizzyrea guess I should ping eythian for that ansewr.
14:52 wizzyrea answer*
14:54 slef wizzyrea: I'll compile them if you want them now.
14:54 jcamins I guess tomorrow I'll have to figure out how to set up an apt repo.
14:54 jcamins (for 3.6.5)
14:54 wizzyrea slef that would be amazing.
14:55 jcamins @later tell eythian I'll be releasing 3.6.5 tomorrow. My thought is the short-term solution for packages is for me to set up a repo under, and then put the packages in the official repo once we've figured out how to do oldstable. Make sense?
14:55 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
15:04 reiveune bye
15:04 reiveune left #koha
15:10 * oleonard can't reproduce Bug 8141
15:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8141 normal, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, NEW , Unhighlight option breaks keywords highlighted in staff client.
15:16 jcamins oleonard: it's an old bug.
15:16 jcamins oleonard: I thought it was fixed.
15:16 oleonard I recall a similar bug
15:17 oleonard Bug 5844
15:17 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5844 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Unhilight cuts off some strings
15:17 jcamins That's the one
15:22 hdl joined #koha
15:31 julian_m joined #koha
15:41 talljoy joined #koha
15:42 adnc joined #koha
15:42 jcamins Whoah.
15:42 jcamins Google redid their search.
15:43 jcamins I think it receives my approbation.
15:47 jcamins magnuse: I wonder if they have any sort of API.
15:48 jcamins Let Google figure out how to translate "Sergei Esenin" into an appropriate identifier.
15:52 magnuse jcamins: not sure about the api, need to do some reading...
15:52 magnuse love the title of this:[…]h-things-not.html "things, not strings"
15:53 jcamins magnuse: I don't know anything about it, I just liked the results. :)
15:53 magnuse :-)
15:53 jcamins Cool!
15:53 slef Got our paypal restrictions lifted and added another sponsor to - anyone else like to be added? If so,[…]soring-kohacon12/ awaits you.
15:53 magnuse i think it's based on their microformat-ish thinger... rich snippets? not sure either...
15:54 jcamins Paypal restrictions?
15:54 magnuse ooh gotta love those sponsors :-)
15:54 * magnuse wanders off to desert
15:54 slef jcamins: Paypal to the co-op: "give us free access to your bank account, or else"
15:54 jcamins Ah.
15:54 slef jcamins: so we've BOGUd
15:54 jcamins That's absurd.
15:55 slef welcome to banking
15:56 slef now we just have to hope that the co-operative bank will defend if Paypal tries to take all our money
15:56 * oleonard thinks he needs something non-brain-taxing to work on today...
15:56 slef which it probably will but really, we're a gnat compared to the banking co-op's 12 million members
15:57 jcamins slef: you couldn't set up a separate account with *just* the money for the conference?
15:58 jcamins oleonard: there's always bug wrangling.
15:58 slef jcamins: hahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha
15:58 jcamins slef: what?
15:58 slef jcamins: have you *seen* European banking security regulations?
15:58 jcamins Nope.
15:59 slef jcamins: I'm pretty sure it's taken us about a year to change the signatories on our current account...
15:59 jcamins Wow.
15:59 * oleonard scoffs at jcamins having never seen European banking security regulations
15:59 jcamins Well, that's one (possibly the only) benefit to banking in the US.
16:00 slef yeah... it's a tough balancing act between ease of access and ease of fraud
16:00 slef which reminds me, maybe I should get a new dollar credit card before I next visit the US
16:01 slef seeing as how you don't even check signatures over there... much less chip and PIN
16:01 slef is that still so?
16:01 jcamins That is, yes.
16:02 jcamins If you write "this card is stolen" on the back, you'll be able to identify those places which do check.
16:03 oleonard jcamins: and then you say, "Naw, just kidding?"
16:03 wizzyrea technically signing the card = acceptance of the card terms
16:03 wizzyrea so people who write see ID technically don't even have the right to use the card.
16:04 jcamins wizzyrea: yes, but no one notices that they wrote "see ID" anyway.
16:04 wizzyrea i know right
16:04 * oleonard refers everyone to wizzyrea's history of performing citizens arrests for credit card fraud
16:04 * wizzyrea flexes
16:06 jcamins slef: you have a dollar credit card? Do you visit the US a lot?
16:09 slef jcamins: only when I visit the US. Better exchange rate, plus I'm not trusting the USA with my main card.
16:09 slef jcamins: only been there once... but will visit again.
16:10 nengard joined #koha
16:10 nengard hello #koha - I'm in a demo
16:10 nengard say hi to the librarians in CT :)
16:10 * wizzyrea waves from Kansas
16:10 slef a demo? What do we want?
16:10 slef Working Library Catalogues!
16:10 oleonard Hi from Ohio
16:10 slef When do we want them?
16:10 wizzyrea NOW
16:10 slef Well, like yesterday!
16:10 wizzyrea hehe
16:10 jcamins Hello nengard and librarians from CT!
16:10 sekjal greetings from MA
16:10 slef Greetings from Somerset, England.
16:11 nengard thank you all!!
16:11 nengard ttyl
16:11 wizzyrea hehe
16:11 slef he, she wandered off before we got naughty
16:11 slef wahanui: nengard?
16:11 wahanui somebody said nengard was fast
16:11 wizzyrea that's exactly what I was thinking..
16:12 slef @quote random
16:12 huginn slef: Quote #151: "<seneca> you guys are my heroes" (added by wizzyrea at 07:41 PM, August 31, 2011)
16:12 melia joined #koha
16:12 slef @roulette
16:12 huginn slef: *click*
16:12 * jcamins was looking forward to singing the Internationale.
16:20 jcamins wizzyrea: oleonard just posted a patch to replace YUI autocomplete with jQueryUI autocomplete. :)
16:21 wizzyrea oooh!
16:21 * oleonard isn't sure why he didn't mark it as needs signoff before, but an updated patch was required anyway so there you go
16:24 oleonard I hope the reason I didn't mark it 'needs signoff' before wasn't that I knew of some horrible bug which needed to be fixed first
16:24 jcamins wizzyrea will find it if there is one, I'm sure. :)
16:26 sekjal oleonard:  QAing bug 7932... is there a template param [% en %], and if so, where is it exported?
16:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7932 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , twitter share doesn't work with socialnetworks
16:27 oleonard sekjal: Oh, that's a typo. I thought I fixed it
16:27 oleonard I must not have attached the corrected patch.
16:27 sekjal it also appears to be hardcoded to https:// for the current_url
16:28 * chris_n hands oleonard more fudge
16:28 jcamins Fudge?
16:28 wahanui Fudge is the ambrosia of koha.
16:29 JoeLib001 joined #koha
16:29 oleonard sekjal: I can submit a corrected version
16:29 JoeLib001 Where are the logs?
16:29 wahanui the logs are at
16:30 oleonard Or do you mean Koha system logs JoeLib001 ?
16:32 zioha joined #koha
16:35 sekjal thanks, oleonard!
16:35 JoeLib001 Ah, no. That was what I was looking for.
16:35 JoeLib001 I probably should have a bookmark. ;-)
16:36 jcamins JoeLib001: that's what we use wahanui for.
16:36 jcamins Like so:
16:36 jcamins curried coconut oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?
16:36 wahanui curried coconut oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are at[…]ate-chip-cookies/
16:36 jcamins Thanks, wahanui!
16:36 wahanui jcamins: pas de quoi
16:36 JoeLib001 Hehehe. :-)
16:38 JoeLib001 What I am actually looking for is a way to batch edit Marc Records in Koha. I can't seem to find any. I have used MARC Edit before, but that means I would need to export all of my records and then re-import them. Would be nice, if there was a batch edit option.
16:39 hdl JoeLib001: there is one in bugzilla.
16:39 jcamins There is no batch edit functionality for bib records in Koha.
16:39 jcamins There is a bug for a proposed batch edit function.
16:40 hdl[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5725
16:40 huginn Bug 5725: enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, laurence.lefaucheur, Failed QA , Batch modifications for Biblios
16:40 JoeLib001 I entered all of my periodicals records as "Reference" items instead of something more reasonable like "Continuing Resources". :-)
16:40 jcamins JoeLib001: you can batch edit items.
16:41 JoeLib001 There are no items associated with any of the records.
16:41 jcamins Ah.
16:41 jcamins Then your best bet is exporting then reimporting.
16:41 jcamins (and overlaying)
16:42 JoeLib001 I figured as much when I went looking and didn't find any information readily available. :-)
16:42 Oak joined #koha
16:42 JoeLib001 I was hopeful though. :-)
16:43 JoeLib001 QA is Quality Assurance?
16:44 chris_n mostly
16:47 cait joined #koha
16:47 * cait waves
16:47 JoeLib001 Thanks for the answers. Hopefully Koha will have a built-in batch editor sometime soon. :-) That would be awesome.
16:48 jcamins Hi cait! How's Hamburg?
16:48 cait haven't seen much yet outside of the congress center
16:48 cait but good :)
16:48 chris_n hey cait
16:48 cait hi chris_n :)
16:49 talljoy jcamins, you here?
16:49 jcamins I am indeed.
16:49 talljoy how are ya?  saw you on the program from KohaCon.  look forward to seeing you again.
16:49 jcamins I won't actually be making it to KohaCon. I'll be presenting via Skype, or possibly via slef.
16:50 jcamins :(
16:50 talljoy oh, bummer.
16:50 talljoy well, i'll see you digitally then.
16:50 jcamins Yup. :)_
16:50 talljoy but today...i'm getting an error when i run on 3.8
16:50 jcamins You are?
16:50 jcamins What's the error?
16:50 talljoy Auth error: Cannot sort according to sequence (207) Bib-q
16:50 talljoy oops  Bib-1
16:51 jcamins Bib-q?
16:51 jcamins Oh.
16:51 jcamins Bib-1.
16:51 jcamins Did you reindex?
16:51 talljoy lol
16:51 talljoy i did reindex the authorities and was going to try the bibs next.  this is a bib issue?
16:51 jcamins I wouldn't have thought so.
16:51 jcamins Is there another line in the error message?
16:52 talljoy well, small database, it won't take me long to reindex.  and other information.  just that one over and over and over and over
16:52 slef jcamins: do you think you can get linphone or ekiga working with video, or using something like Bambuser with a telephone back-channel? We may have a Grade A+ uplink so I'd prefer not trying to avoid Skype making us a backbone router :-/
16:52 jcamins slef: sure.
16:52 jcamins talljoy: sounds like a stale configuration.
16:53 slef jcamins: ta. If you can coordinate with mle to test it when he gets back (on Monday IIRC), that's safest.
16:53 jcamins talljoy: you updated the Zebra configs for authorities, right?
16:53 talljoy stale configuration?  of what?
16:53 jcamins Zebra. authority-zebra-indexdefs.xsl, probably.
16:53 talljoy hmmmm.....  all that was done was git fetch for the new version
16:53 jcamins Yeah, there's your problem.
16:53 talljoy yah...sounds like it.
16:54 jcamins Just about all the Zebra config files were changed.
16:54 jcamins etc/zebradb/marc_defs should be entirely replaced.
16:54 jcamins etc/zebradb/authorities/etc/bib1.att should be updated
16:54 jcamins And possibly a couple other files.
16:54 jcamins Bug 7284 lists them.
16:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7284 major, P3, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Stable , Authority matching algorithm improvements
16:55 talljoy oh boy. a project.  Thanks jcamins++
16:55 jcamins Of course, there will be additional changes since you're upgrading through several months.
16:58 drojf left #koha
16:58 * jcamins reflects again on what a good idea it would be to have dev installs use symlinks.
16:58 jcamins Or just point directly into the git clone.
16:58 jcamins I use symlinks in mine.
17:23 chris_n I wish I had a nickel for every minute I sit waiting on a computer
17:23 jcamins chris_n: me too. Especially when testing Zebra-related things.
17:32 sekjal idea for Makefile.PL:  if you chose dev install, provide an option to symlink Zebra configs on installation
17:33 jcamins sekjal: I disagree with making it an option.
17:33 jcamins The dev install is described as "run Koha out of the git repo."
17:34 jcamins Better to just do exactly that, IMO.
17:34 bag heya jcamins and sekjal
17:34 jcamins However, other than making it optional, I am in complete agreement. :)
17:34 jcamins I even reported a bug at some point.
17:35 jcamins Hi there, bag.
17:35 sekjal hi, bag
17:36 sekjal jcamins: I like options, myself... especially with as rarely as one does an install v. maintenance
17:37 NateC joined #koha
17:37 jcamins sekjal: the reason not to make it an option is because it makes maintenance harder, and troubleshooting unpleasant, if there are two options.
17:37 jcamins (for this particular thing)
17:37 jcamins We don't make any allowance for people wanting to install just the templates.
17:38 jcamins (but run the code out of the git repo)
17:38 jcamins I'd sign off on a patch that added an option, of course.
17:41 sekjal perhaps make the default setting the symlink, but leave copied files as a choice for legacy support
17:41 jcamins I guess.
17:41 sekjal hopefully no one will use it, and it can then be removed
17:42 jcamins I, personally, would refuse to help anyone who used that option with troubleshooting Zebra issues.
17:42 jcamins If others were less dubious about it, I suppose there's no reason it shouldn't be left as an option.
17:43 jcamins With a warning along the lines of "you had better be *very* sure you want to do this, because it is very likely that you're just going to have a maintenance nightmare."
17:48 libsysguy joined #koha
17:48 libsysguy hey sekjal
17:49 libsysguy rumor has it that you are interested in the catalyst project im working on
17:49 sekjal libsysguy:  I read magnuse's G+ link, and Catalyst seems pretty awesome
17:50 sekjal jcamins:  I can't see any good reason not to symlink, but maybe someone out there has one.... seems unlikely, but who knows
17:50 jcamins sekjal: my feeling is that person should be forced to do it manually.
17:51 jcamins For the simple reason that if that person does it manually, they will have to think about how they want to maintain it.
17:51 Guillaume left #koha
17:51 libsysguy sekjal, yeah it really is.  I have used it before and thought it'd be perfect for Koha
17:51 libsysguy I don't know why I didn't think about it sooner
17:52 sekjal libsysguy:  handles T:T, DBIx, Solr, Plack/PSGI and plugins very aptly
17:53 libsysguy sekjal: and much much more
17:54 libsysguy plus the file structure makes a lot of sense
17:55 jcamins libsysguy: any coherent file structure would be a great help.
17:56 sekjal it would really help separate out plumbing issues from actual design issues
17:57 libsysguy agreed to both of the above
17:57 libsysguy and it should help out with using different databases
17:59 sekjal libsysguy:  how far are you along your project?
17:59 libsysguy well I have been able to integrate the themes and come up with a basic wrapper for the front end, all the models were auto generated so that was made of win
18:00 libsysguy I am trying to figure out how I was to represent notices
18:00 libsysguy which is the new part for my proof of concept
18:00 libsysguy but porting the old stuff for that one section was not bad at all
18:00 libsysguy I've only been able to put in a few days on it
18:00 slef hi all
18:00 sekjal I'd think notices would be a kind of View...
18:01 slef not read my email yet - anyone here for the kohacon meeting?
18:01 cait here
18:01 JoeLib001 I am having issues importing the records I exported an edited.
18:01 cait but not sure I won't fall asleep
18:01 * thd is here
18:01 slef superstar cait++
18:01 cait slef
18:01 jwagner I have a question for slef
18:01 libsysguy well i made the tools/overduerules a view
18:01 jcamins cait sends her apologies because she needs to sleep.
18:01 jcamins :)
18:01 cait I havne' thad time to update the program on the wiki another time to add the abstracts
18:01 JoeLib001 It's not matching any of my records.
18:02 * thd also needs to sleep but is still here :)
18:02 slef jwagner: can I take it in a maybe very short meeting?
18:02 libsysguy but the notice bit needed reworking[…]Notifications_RFC
18:02 jwagner sure
18:02 slef #startmeeting
18:02 huginn Meeting started Wed May 23 18:02:16 2012 UTC.  The chair is slef. Information about MeetBot at
18:02 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:02 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
18:02 jcamins JoeLib001: can we try troubleshooting after the meeting?
18:02 slef #topic Introductions
18:02 Topic for #koha is now Introductions
18:02 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
18:03 jcamins #info Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services
18:03 slef Welcome to a maybe very short KohaCon12 meeting. Please introduce yourself like wahanui just did, but putting #info at the start of a line.
18:03 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ
18:03 slef Please excuse my slowness but I don't have a script handy.
18:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
18:03 jwagner #info Jane Wagner, LibLime/PTFS
18:03 slef #info MJ Ray,, East Anglia... no, wait, that was last week... West Country, England
18:04 slef #topic Questions
18:04 Topic for #koha is now Questions
18:04 slef jwagner: how about now?
18:04 wahanui now is probably good time with holidays coming up
18:04 JoeLib001 #info
18:04 jwagner Did you get my email of May 14? I haven't gotten an answer
18:05 slef jwagner: err. I don't remember it. What was the question?
18:05 slef or I'll go look for the email if it's not suitable for the public
18:05 jwagner I am not going to be able to attend in person, but I can do my presentation remotely
18:06 jwagner Is it Skype?
18:06 slef ah, right, that's a shame but we should be able to do a remote presentation.
18:06 slef I'm hoping not Skype
18:06 jcamins jwagner: mle should be back on Monday, at which point we'll try to get ekiga/linphone working. I'm in the same boat.
18:06 jwagner I have no clue how to use any of that....
18:06 jcamins jwagner: me either, but I'm sure it'll be easy.
18:06 jwagner I was going to get a Skype tutorial from a friend, but you don't want to use that?
18:06 slef I'm hoping for something like linphone or ekiga or jitsi or something with video, or using something like Bambuser with a telephone back-channel? We may have a Grade A+ uplink so I'd prefer not trying to avoid Skype making us a backbone router :-/
18:07 slef if you see what I mean
18:07 jwagner OK, I will await the (hopefully easy) instructions :-)
18:07 jwagner Thanks
18:07 slef when I worked at a university, long ago, Skype was notorious... I don't know if it's still the same
18:07 slef We'll find a way, but it'll won't be this week.
18:08 thd Skype must be even more notorious now that Microsoft own it.
18:08 slef I'd suggest sending over slides+script and maybe getting a volunteer to agree to help deliver it if all else fails.
18:08 jwagner OK, will work on that.  The only format I can do is .ppt
18:09 slef thd: heh. Not sure universities care if Microsoft own things.
18:09 cait jcamins: you could perhaps convert to pdf then
18:09 slef jwagner: we should be able to read that, but may be using LibreOffice to display them.
18:09 cait hm jwagner
18:09 jwagner as long as you can read the file
18:09 slef jwagner: I'm 90% sure we'll have time to check all files ahead of time.
18:09 jwagner Thanks
18:09 slef jwagner: there will be an email with projector specs this week
18:10 slef #info there will be an email with projector specs this week
18:10 jwagner OK, that was my question.  Anyone else?
18:10 slef #info email kohacon12 AT with any questions for most reliable answering.
18:11 thd LibreOffice should work fine as long as you avoid some extreme features of PowerPoint.  Be careful about trying to embed videos in a Power Point presentation.
18:11 slef #info or koha AT if can be made public
18:11 cait I have bad experience with graphics
18:11 cait if you use the drawing options of powerpoint
18:11 thd text rules
18:11 cait safest then might be convertig to pdf
18:11 jwagner Mine is mostly text, maybe 1-2 screenshots
18:11 slef #info or our phone numbers and international access numbers are on but try for 9-5 UK time, please
18:11 cait screenshots should be no problem
18:12 slef any other questions?
18:12 cait slef: I haven't updated the wiki with the new info from your mail
18:13 cait travelling this week
18:13 slef cait: it wasn't meant f... oh wrong mail
18:13 slef ok, let's move to this
18:13 slef #topic Roadmap to KohaCon12
18:13 Topic for #koha is now Roadmap to KohaCon12
18:13 slef I emailed a roadmap update to volunteers about an hour ago.
18:13 cait slef?
18:13 wahanui slef is an avid cyclist
18:14 slef Does anyone who hasn't seen it want to see it?
18:15 thd Is there anything of general note on the roadmap?
18:15 slef And relatedly, is anyone not on the volunteers email list who wants to be?
18:15 slef thd: yeah, "*** Katrin is a hero!"
18:15 * cait is not
18:16 wizzyrea cait is also a hero
18:16 wahanui okay, wizzyrea.
18:16 wizzyrea cait?
18:16 wahanui That's Ms. Cait to you! or in a very good mood today :) or a librarian, you will get wahanui's information or a hero
18:16 wizzyrea mhm.
18:17 slef thd: I think the main thing is I think we now have just enough sponsorship to avoid being absurdly spartan, following the mail-emailing of support companies.
18:18 slef thd: registrations are now about 70 and we're finally seeing more UK registrations and we've only just now had our first failed registration
18:18 thd What is a failed registration?
18:18 slef in that case, they didn't tick any boxes
18:18 slef so sent us their info, but aren't attending anything
18:18 slef I queried it and they've not replied. Not sure what was going on there.
18:19 cait I think you can't do more
18:19 slef hrm, I should be noting this
18:19 slef #info now about 70 registrations
18:19 slef #info now barely enough sponsorship, following mass-emailing of support companies and some anonymous donations - thanks to everyone who has chipped in
18:20 slef #info mle is sorting the network out, but we may need an extra access point
18:20 slef And two questions:
18:20 slef Do we want to meet up on Monday 4 June, 6pm, Library bar?
18:21 slef actually, I'll only ask that one... other one can be skipped
18:21 thd What is the Library bar?
18:21 wahanui the Library bar is the first branch created and foo is the second
18:22 slef the Library bar is also a bar next to the conference venue, at the front of Teviot
18:22 wahanui okay, slef.
18:22 thd Is that the name of the bar, Library Bar?
18:22 slef yes
18:22 wizzyrea apparently they have those all over the world. :)
18:22 jcamins thd: anyone in the area will know where it is.
18:23 slef it's in Teviot
18:23 jcamins slef: I know. I was clarifying that it's a good place to meet, even if you forget that.
18:23 slef #idea meet up on Monday 4 June, 6pm, Library bar
18:24 Oak night guys.
18:24 slef Any more questions?
18:24 slef before cait and me pass out? :)
18:25 * thd is already passed out :)
18:25 cait slef: perhaps we should add a page to the wiki with where people are staying and when arriving
18:25 slef cait: good idea!
18:25 cait I mean people can add their dates and hotels themselves
18:25 cait so easier to meet
18:26 slef a page, or a section on the Volunteers page?
18:26 cait I think I arrive at the airport around 4pm, not sure about the exact time right now
18:26 cait hm, might be interesting for all, but volunteers would be ok too I think
18:27 slef trying to add it now
18:27 cait slef++
18:28 slef grrr how do I do a table?
18:28 slef
18:29 cait slef: steal an existing one? ;)
18:29 oleonard Use the wysiwyg editor?
18:29 cait {| at beginning, closing at end
18:29 jcamins Delegate to someone who is not me?
18:30 cait slef: point me to the table, I can do it
18:30 cait hm page
18:30 thd Always steal an existing one :)
18:30 cait ok, not sure I can, but will try
18:30 slef nah got it now
18:32 thd Tables had been problematically on one line in the source code when we had started using MediaWiki until I started reformatting them on multiple lines following good MediaWiki examples.
18:32 slef[…]eers#Sign_up_here
18:33 slef #link[…]eers#Sign_up_here
18:33 slef #topic Next Meeting
18:33 Topic for #koha is now Next Meeting
18:33 slef #info Next Meeting Wed 30 May 18:00 UTC in #koha
18:33 cait only few days before kohacon then :)
18:33 slef Thank you all for taking part!
18:33 slef #endmeeting
18:33 Topic for #koha is now Happy birthday rangi! Koha 3.8.1 and 3.6.4 Now Available | Koha Community Website - | General IRC meeting, 13 June 2012 at 18:00 UTC+0
18:33 huginn Meeting ended Wed May 23 18:33:34 2012 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
18:33 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-05-23-18.02.html
18:33 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]2-05-23-18.02.txt
18:33 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]23-18.02.log.html
18:34 slef cait: it feels like it's only a few days before koha-community now, with all I know needs to be done!
18:34 slef anyone like me to add them to the table?
18:34 slef Who arriving when? staying where?
18:34 cait my dates on the desk at work...
18:35 cait so will add myself later
18:35 slef thd: dang I just wrote it on one line because that was the easiest way to convert it from WikiText to MediaWiki format
18:36 thd slef: No problem but tables are much easier to edit when each row has its own line.
18:36 slef oh wait, each row has its own line
18:36 slef that's what I did
18:36 thd :)
18:36 slef but some of the examples have each cell on its own line
18:36 slef which confuses me
18:37 thd If the cells have long content each cell on its own line might be helpful.
18:38 slef I agree. Who/when/where isn't long.
18:39 thd Maybe my discovery long ago had been examples of each cell on its own line.  I do not remember correctly now but I am too tired to look properly.
18:39 cait slef: fixed the formatting a bit
18:39 cait everyone, refresh :)
18:39 slef cait: oooh I could do with a refresh!
18:44 thd slef: Using "|-" on a line alone as a row separator allows readable source for tables in which some cells have long content.
18:46 JoeLib001 Will Koha yell at me, if I try to add a record with the same control number as another record?
18:46 jcamins JoeLib001: no, it will assign a new biblionumber.
18:46 jcamins You should use a matching rule on biblionumber and 999$c.
18:47 jcamins There should be one by default, but isn't.
18:47 cait JoeLib001: and duplicat 001 is not a good idea, but no yelling
18:47 jcamins Another item on my to-do list.
18:47 thd slef: counting the lines beginning with "|" inside a column is easier for tracking columns than having rows on one line.
18:47 JoeLib001 Ok, match by biblionumber and What is 999$c?
18:48 jcamins Biblionumber.
18:48 JoeLib001 Ah, I see. :-)
18:48 JoeLib001 Thanks. :-)
18:49 thd In an ideal world 999$c would be the same as 001.
18:49 JoeLib001 :-)
18:50 JoeLib001 Mine's all kinds of messed up then. hehehe.
18:50 thd However, we first need much better import tools which preserve the previous 001 values for reference.
18:51 jcamins JoeLib001: focus only on the biblionumber in 999$c.
18:51 cait thd: it owuld need some work, because making 001 the bilbionumber would totally break our union catalog model and the record linking for us
18:51 thd JoeLib001: We do not yet have those much better import tools or I have not taken the time to push some old code.
18:52 JoeLib001 Thanks, that should get me going. :-)
18:52 thd cait: I am not suggesting making 001 the biblionumber but merely allowing it to be the same.
18:52 cait thd: not all 001 are numeric
18:52 thd cait: Obviously, all systems using the biblionumber would need updating.
18:54 mbalmer joined #koha
18:55 thd cait: Obviously, you have identified the problem of using previous 001s as the biblionumber for all cases.  Using the biblionumber in 001 and updating all databases using the 001 is safer.
18:56 chris_n` joined #koha
18:59 jcamins thd: I think the thing to do is have a cataloging plugin that will optionally put the same data in 001 as the biblionumber. Anything else would require too much work for dubious reward.
19:01 chris_n` joined #koha
19:01 thd Previous, 001s can be preserved in 035 $z as previously used cancelled numbers.  Certainly, complying more closely with standards would be more work, however, standards compliance like 'being good' is partly its own reward :)
19:03 thd cait: We really need to move beyond MARC while preserving MARC for lossless import and export which is much much more work but a task with very great rewards.
19:04 cait I think one step at a time
19:04 cait there are lots of things to do
19:04 cait rewriting the search is one of them
19:04 mbalmer evening.
19:04 wahanui i guess evening is better for me - but not too late
19:04 slef ha ha ha ha ha[…]s-for-a-year.html
19:04 thd Definately, one step at a time in slow pieces.
19:05 slef what about
19:06 thd cait: Definately, care has to be taken to not remove old features when adding new ones too avoid breaking things and merely substituting new bugs for old ones.
19:06 slef each $3?
19:06 wahanui each $3 is in fact the id of the topic.
19:06 slef circcontrol?
19:06 wahanui circcontrol is set to...
19:06 slef wahanui: current status?
19:06 wahanui current status is "Failed QA"
19:06 thd s/too/to/
19:07 slef I couldn't damn wahanui any more than that.
19:07 slef wahanui: that status?
19:07 wahanui slef: i haven't a clue
19:08 slef wahanui: the caching stuff?
19:08 wahanui somebody said the caching stuff was really cool. Bug 8092.
19:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8092 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Koha should use CHI caching framework
19:08 jcamins Heh.
19:08 jcamins Very true.
19:08 wahanui I know. That's why I said it.
19:11 thd slef: All the various reuses of identifiers in MARC such as $3 or $0 are difficult to attend to correctly in system implementation and conformance to MARC standards, which is one reason we need to eventually have MARC as merely an import and export format.
19:13 slef Very true.
19:13 wahanui I know. That's why I said it.
19:15 hdl joined #koha
19:16 edveal joined #koha
19:20 slef ok am I being dense... it is 001 and then the full US phone number isn't it?
19:20 jcamins slef: 00 +1 XXX-XXX-XXXX
19:21 jcamins Wait, hold on.
19:21 jcamins Yes, that's right.
19:21 wahanui I know.
19:22 * slef emails them to ask why their phone number doesn't work
19:22 gaetan_B joined #koha
19:23 thd slef: Yes, the US bullies grabbed the first code, 001 for too many things. :)
19:23 * thd runs off to work
19:30 wizzyrea @later tell eythian when can we expect the 3.8.1 packages?
19:30 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.
19:31 slef cool, got it
19:31 slef wizzyrea: ooh I should check on our compilation!
19:32 slef ok I don't understand that... let me rerun it
19:33 slef should I be confused by the lack of v3.08.01 tag?
19:35 rangi Only if there wasn't one
19:35 rangi But there is
19:35 slef found it
19:35 rangi :)
19:40 libsysguy left #koha
19:40 rangi There are daily 3.8.x builds in my ppa
19:41 rangi Eythian planned to do 3.8.1 yesterday got sucked into other work though
19:41 rangi Hopefully today
19:44 jcamins Okay, time to call it a day and head home.
19:44 jcamins So long, #koha.
19:46 cait bye jcamins_away
19:46 oleonard Bug 8144
19:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8144 critical, P1 - high, ---, oleonard, NEW , 775 tag in the MARC record causes display issue
19:46 oleonard What is the 775 tag?
19:46 rangi Slef: u about?
19:47 jcamins_away @marc 775
19:47 huginn jcamins_away: The entry for another available edition of the target item (horizontal relationship). When a note is generated from this field, the introductory phrase Other editions available: may be generated based on the field tag for display. (Repeatable) [b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,k,m,n,o,r,s,t,u,w,x,y,z,6,7,8]
19:49 rangi @later tell slef I wanna kick in a few pound for sponsorship from myself, do u prefer me handing u cash or PayPal
19:49 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
19:51 wizzyrea ranig: this one?
19:52 rangi Hmm nope that's only for releases
19:52 sekjal once again, I toss out the idea of a patron record XML schema... would solve a lot of the extensibility and customization issues surrounding borrowers
19:52 rangi Can't get url from phone
19:52 wizzyrea sok, it can wait
19:52 rangi Click on me on launchpad
19:52 rangi And u should find it
19:52 wizzyrea Ah i see it
19:53 wizzyrea[…]/3.8.x-dailybuild (for those of you curious)
19:54 rangi It does it all automagically now I've set it up
19:55 cait automagic!
19:58 chris_n` joined #koha
20:01 gaetan_B joined #koha
20:01 JoeLib001 Anyone have a link to a good tutorial on Authorities in Koha?
20:04 slef rangi: cash I think but I must remember to take the cash processing book with me.
20:07 talljoy joined #koha
20:07 slef wizzyrea: my build fails with #   Failed test './blib/INTRANET_TMPL_DIR/prog/fr-FR​/xslt/NORMARCslim2intranetDetail.xsl parses'   at t/00-valid-xml.t line 37. ./blib/INTRANET_TMPL_DIR/prog/fr-FR/xs​lt/NORMARCslim2intranetDetail.xsl:166: parser error : Entity 'nbsp' not defined (+ 2 more)
20:08 rangi My stop
20:09 cait slef: looks like a translation problem in french normarc....
20:10 cait jcamins++ for all the bug wrangling and release maintenance work
20:10 slef cait: looks like an XML typing problem. Someone used nbsp instead of whatever the unicode is.
20:10 slef @query nbsp
20:10 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7367 trivial, P5 - low, ---,, ASSIGNED , General OPAC typo omnibus
20:10 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5584 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , BibLibre OPAC improvements for 3.4
20:10 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3144 normal, P5 - low, ---, mjr, Patch doesn't apply , anti-spam for opac-suggestions
20:10 cait slef: I think it's from the po file
20:10 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6554 critical, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, dpavlin, Patch doesn't apply , Broken encoding in members home/search page
20:10 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7733 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , HidePatronName not working on moredetail
20:10 cait I have seen that before
20:11 cait there was a fix of adding nbsp for marc21 and unimarc
20:11 cait I betnormarc is missing the fix tomake it work
20:11 * slef looks where
20:12 cait but I agree - not too happy with the &nbsp; in the po flie
20:12 sekjal fun new toy:  Taconite JQuery plugin (  let's you write your JQuery behavior scripts as XML
20:13 rangi slef: cash it is
20:13 slef <!DOCTYPE stylesheet [<!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;" >]>
20:13 slef is in all the normarc files in prog/en/xslt - should I put them in fr-FR too? Shouldn't the translator be making them for me?
20:14 slef oh it would
20:14 slef I've non-git files there
20:14 * slef nukes fr-FR from orbit
20:15 * slef rebuilds
20:18 * oleonard decides to stop failing at getting anything to work and just quit instead
20:18 oleonard Bye all
20:22 mbalmer joined #koha
20:26 talljoy1 joined #koha
20:26 chris_n` joined #koha
20:29 rangi hmm bug 5609
20:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5609 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, koha.sekjal, ASSIGNED , Holds Rewrite
20:29 rangi how not to motivate developers in one easy example
20:30 chris_n` joined #koha
20:36 chris_n` joined #koha
20:39 chris_n` joined #koha
20:41 kathryn joined #koha
21:05 chris_n joined #koha
21:09 chris_n` joined #koha
21:17 rangi yay equinox
21:17 rangi
21:17 chris_n` joined #koha
21:19 tcohen joined #koha
21:19 tcohen hi #koha
21:22 tcohen # koha-create --create-db kohatest
21:22 tcohen sed: -e expression #12, char 17: unknown option to `s'
21:22 tcohen any hint?
21:23 cait looks like atypo maybe?
21:23 cait the
21:23 cait ´
21:23 rangi hmm what version tcohen ?
21:24 tcohen Version: 3.8.0-1
21:24 rangi id file a bug
21:24 tcohen m'kay
21:25 rangi nothing changed super recently in that script
21:26 rangi[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6913  <-- would be my guess
21:26 huginn Bug 6913: enhancement, P3, ---, robin, Pushed to Master , Improving koha-list and koha-create
21:27 chris_n` joined #koha
21:31 tcohen rangi, I cant see related changes there
21:31 rangi hmm
21:31 chris_n` joined #koha
21:31 rangi odd
21:31 rangi seems to be working here
21:32 tcohen found it
21:32 tcohen i used mkpasswd to generate the db user passwd
21:32 rangi typo in the sites-conf.xml?
21:32 rangi ahh
21:32 tcohen mysql doesn't like it
21:32 rangi yeah, that makes sense
21:32 rangi sed wont either
21:37 chris_n` joined #koha
21:40 chris_n` joined #koha
21:42 cait left #koha
21:47 jenkins_koha Starting build #23 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:55 chris_n` joined #koha
21:57 edveal left #koha
21:58 chris_n` joined #koha
22:00 maximep left #koha
22:01 laurence left #koha
22:02 rangi anyone about?
22:03 * jcamins_away is.
22:03 rangi bug 3521
22:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3521 enhancement, P3, ---, koha.sekjal, Pushed to Master , Items table in catalogue/ and cataloguing/ is sorted nonsensically
22:03 rangi hold for 3.10 .. push for 3.8.2 .. opinions?
22:04 rangi[…]hment.cgi?id=9520  <-- small change
22:08 rangi im leaning to 3.8.2 it seems to make sense to me
22:08 jcamins Yeah, 3.8.2.
22:08 rangi cool
22:17 hdl fwiw, copynumber is null in most libraries, where barcode is not. But who care
22:17 hdl s
22:17 rangi hmm but it was never sorting on barcode anyway was it?
22:18 rangi was just date accessioned
22:18 jcamins Nope. Just branchname.
22:18 jcamins And date accessioned.
22:18 hdl no, but it doesnot make much sense to add order on an empty value
22:18 rangi so null will drop it back to branch, enumchron, dateaccessiond
22:18 jcamins hdl: it becomes an efficient no-op for libraries that don't populate copy number.
22:19 jcamins For those libraries that do populate copy number, it will be very helpful.
22:19 hdl efficient ?
22:20 jcamins hdl: index statistics should enable MySQL to compile that out of the query entirely.
22:20 jcamins Even if not, I don't think it's a serious performance issue.
22:21 hdl you mean that kind of no-op flooding the code all over the place, and that some libraries envision as a bug, you spend days on and finally you find that it is not a bug... it is a misplaced feature...
22:22 hdl mis-used un-documented feature
22:23 hdl but I don't say more.
22:23 hdl have a nice evening.
22:24 rangi if you feel that strongly you should ask paul to revert it from master maybe
22:24 jcamins rangi: not much point of that. It doesn't break functionality for anyone, and most academic libraries use copynumber.
22:33 rangi jcamins++ #thanks for all the bug status updating
22:34 rangi i only have 127 more mails to read now :)
22:34 jcamins rangi: I have another 70 to do.
22:34 jcamins Alas.
22:34 eythian jcamins: when you've got a minute, can you point me in the direction of how analytics should best be used? My scenario is articles of a journal/magazine being catalogued.
22:35 jcamins eythian: how detailed are the subjects?
22:35 eythian @later tell wizzyrea I hope to do that today, other stuff permitting.
22:35 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
22:35 eythian jcamins: what does that mean?
22:36 jcamins eythian: well, the most sensible workflow to use depends on what level of detail the library uses.
22:36 eythian what kind of detail?
22:36 jcamins Are they just stub records, with no subject information at all?
22:36 jcamins Records with very broad subjects?
22:37 jcamins Detailed subject analysis as with indexing?
22:37 eythian Oh, no. I think they'll be properly catalogued articles.
22:37 eythian at least, not just dtubs
22:37 eythian *stubs
22:38 jcamins Okay, the easiest way to create them would be to use the EasyAnalytics feature.
22:38 eythian OK. How does that work?
22:38 jcamins Incredibly easily.
22:38 eythian :)
22:38 eythian are there docs somewhere?
22:38 jcamins You enable it, create a record for the volume, go to the Analyze tab, and click "Analyze this item."
22:39 jcamins Should be...
22:39 jcamins http://manual.koha-community.o[…]#cataloganalytics
22:39 jcamins Actually...
22:39 eythian oh hey, that does look easy.
22:40 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #23: SUCCESS in 53 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/23/
22:40 jenkins_koha kyle: Bug 8057 - Error when adding a patron with email address
22:40 jcamins That's the hard way.
22:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8057 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Stable , Error when adding a patron with email address
22:40 eythian Out of curiosity, what's the other way? Manually filling in 773$w?
22:40 jenkins_koha Starting build #24 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:40 eythian heh
22:40 eythian OK then, what's the easy way?
22:40 jcamins The workflow described there is what you'd do if you already had records for all your articles.
22:41 jcamins The *easy* way is to create the record for the volume, then go to the analytics tab on the left.
22:41 jcamins Then click "Analyze this record" or something like that.
22:41 eythian That lets you create child items for articles then?
22:41 jcamins It's in the item table.
22:41 jcamins Yup.
22:41 jcamins Everything is automatically filled in.
22:42 jcamins (in terms of leader and 773)
22:42 eythian OK, cool. I'll have a play with those now and work out what is the best.
22:42 eythian Thanks!
22:42 jcamins The way I used to do it was 100% manually.
22:42 jcamins You're welcome.
22:42 eythian that's the only way I've done it before to
22:42 eythian o
22:43 jcamins I prefer the simplified workflows.
22:43 jcamins Actually, there's another workflow, too.
22:43 jcamins It's really cool.
22:43 jcamins One moment
22:44 eythian > No system preferences matched your search for easyanalytics.
22:44 eythian hrm
22:44 eythian what version did it appear in?
22:44 jcamins 3.6.0.
22:44 eythian curious
22:44 jcamins Ah, this is a nice one.
22:45 jcamins If you're not using items for serials (many places don't), that doesn't work so well.
22:46 jcamins This may be 3.8.0+ only, though.
22:46 jcamins Not sure.
22:46 jcamins View a record.
22:46 jcamins Under the "New" button on the cataloging toolbar is a "New child record" option.
22:46 eythian oh: EasyAnalyticalRecords
22:47 eythian that'll be why I couldn't find it.
22:47 jcamins Yep.
22:47 eythian the sysprefs needs a 'keywords' feature so that a search for "analytics" would find it.
22:47 jcamins Oh, that's right. I also insisted on an "Analyze items" option under the new button.
22:47 jcamins Cool. :)
22:48 eythian What does the 'analytics' tab in cataloguing do?
22:48 eythian does it just show stuff?
22:49 jcamins No. See on the right. "Create analytic record"?
22:49 eythian no...
22:49 jcamins Do you have items?
22:49 eythian it looks just like the 'normal' view
22:49 eythian oh wait
22:49 BobB joined #koha
22:49 eythian I don't. I dumb.
22:50 eythian So, that way links to the item, rather than just the record?
22:50 jcamins Right.
22:50 eythian OK
22:50 jcamins The "Create child record" option links to the bib record.
22:50 eythian ah right
22:50 eythian I can see them using both methods.
22:51 eythian But now I know how they work at least, that's good :) thanks for that
22:51 jcamins You're welcome.
22:53 jcamins Did my suggestion of setting up a temporary apt repo so that we don't have to worry about reconfiguring right now make sense to you?
22:53 jcamins Alternatively, I suppose I could get rangi to tell me how to make a ppa.
22:54 jcamins And, for that matter, what a ppa is.
22:54 rangi hmm ppa is ok for ubuntu
22:54 rangi personal package archive
22:54 jcamins Ah. But won't work for Debian?
22:54 rangi would be better to make a proper oldstable dist
22:54 eythian jcamins: yeah, it's good. I hope it won't be too long before I manage to set up the k-c repo to do it though.
22:55 jcamins eythian: I hope that, too! But I figure better to have the packages *somewhere* now, than nowhere until later.
22:55 eythian but if you want your own one in the interim, nothing wrong with that.
22:55 eythian definitely
22:56 rangi jcamins: yeah the ppa builds for ubuntu releases, it will most likely just work for debian too, but sometimes it might not
23:02 tcohen how about having a koha-3.8 and then a koha-3.10 packages
23:02 rangi hmm i like dists better
23:02 tcohen koha-3.8-3.8.0, koha-3.8-3.8.1 revision
23:03 tcohen oldstable would make it it you maintain just two stable dists
23:03 rangi we do anyway
23:03 rangi 3.4 is EOL
23:04 tcohen right
23:05 rangi you'd have to do things with conflicting etc
23:05 rangi if you had different packages
23:05 eythian tcohen: it would allow people to pick "conservative" or "progressive" or "oh god it bleeds" and stay where they want to be, so oldstable would become 3.8.whatever when 3.6 goes EOL
23:06 rangi ie if you wanted to move from koha-3.8 package to koha-3.10 you'd have to remove one, add the other .. can be messy
23:06 tcohen rangi, i get it. i didn't think about that transition problems
23:08 rangi but, its something we need to figure out when its debian proper too
23:09 rangi course i have to finish bug 4330 before that can be done anyway
23:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4330 normal, P3, ---, chris, Needs Signoff , Copyright statements out of date
23:09 eythian rangi: when it's in debian proper, it won't update very fast anyway.
23:09 rangi tis true
23:10 eythian Probably best making a decision each time it's close to freeze as to which version to put in
23:10 rangi yeah, thats a good point
23:10 jcamins Could someone please check bug 7129 for me?
23:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7129 normal, P5 - low, ---, aleksa, Pushed to Master , actual cost showing too many zeros
23:10 jcamins I don't think it was ever actually pushed.
23:10 eythian and then have testing/unstable track the current stable, or something like that.
23:10 jcamins Anywhere.
23:10 rangi looking now
23:10 jcamins Thanks.
23:11 rangi hmm nope
23:11 rangi not in master, or 3.8.x
23:12 jcamins Thanks.
23:12 jcamins Not in 3.6.x either.
23:13 rangi[…]eads/new/bug_7129
23:14 rangi looks like it got missed
23:14 rangi should be a the tip there
23:19 JoeLib001 jcamins: Thanks for helping me get my MARC Record import sorted out. :-)
23:27 roygbivovacl joined #koha
23:28 papa joined #koha
23:31 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #24: SUCCESS in 51 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/24/
23:31 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7948 - Printing transfer slip loses barcode field focus
23:31 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 3521 - Items table in catalogue/ and cataloguing/ is sorted nonsensically
23:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7948 minor, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Stable , Printing transfer slip loses barcode field focus
23:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3521 trivial, P3, ---, koha.sekjal, Pushed to Stable , Items table in catalogue/ and cataloguing/ is sorted nonsensically
23:32 roygbivovacl hiya eythian (and all)
23:32 eythian hi
23:32 roygbivovacl just trying to upgrade debian on test...
23:33 eythian ok
23:36 roygbivovacl updated the packages, press 'U' which marks everything that can be upgraded as "to be upgraded. Nothing seems to happen
23:37 eythian It doesn't change a whole lot, visually.
23:37 eythian But now press 'g'
23:37 eythian it should give you a big list of updates in pretty colours.
23:37 roygbivovacl yep
23:37 eythian and if you press 'g' again, it'll actually run the upgrades.
23:38 eythian (I'm using updates and upgrades interchangeably here, badly)
23:40 Callender_ joined #koha
23:40 jcamins Hm.
23:40 jcamins 6039 is not going into 3.6.x.
23:40 jcamins Sorry.
23:41 jcamins If anyone wants to make a very compelling argument, I'll listen politely and not push it anyway.
23:41 huginn` joined #koha
23:41 eythian papa: it's your patch
23:42 jcamins eythian: that is compelling, but I'm still not convinced.
23:42 jcamins ;)
23:42 eythian heh
23:43 papa ok, maybe I can find something more compelling
23:44 papa nope, I cannot
23:44 mattsz joined #koha
23:44 jcamins :)
23:47 gmcharlt joined #koha
23:47 rangi joined #koha
23:54 ago43_away joined #koha
23:57 rangi[…]but-with-your-own
23:58 Irma joined #koha
23:59 * eythian notes that the dependency on Libgravatar::URL isn't included in the deps, apparently.
23:59 rangi hmm i thought we had fixed that

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary