IRC log for #koha, 2012-05-02

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:07 melia left #koha
00:09 JollyFrog left #koha
00:13 JesseM left #koha
00:25 renren joined #koha
00:26 renren good day guys.. im trying to install the RFDUMP on my Koha Virtual appliance, is that possible to intigrate my RFID on koha?
00:27 renren using RFdump?
00:28 mtj pass, rfdump is new to me...
00:28 mtj looks very useful for debugging rfid , tho :)
00:29 thd-away` joined #koha
00:29 mtj if you have success, please report back
01:02 * chris_n sits around and watches the net split...
01:22 oleonard joined #koha
01:38 Brooke joined #koha
01:38 Brooke o/
01:38 oleonard Hi Brooke
01:38 Brooke how's it going?
01:39 * oleonard is documenting interface patterns
01:39 Brooke ooooh
01:39 Brooke documentation++
01:40 Brooke oleonard++
01:41 oleonard What are you up to Brooke?
01:41 Brooke not much
01:43 mtj how many hours till teh meeting?
01:43 Brooke 17m yes?
01:44 oleonard 17 minutes? I was thinking 16 hours!
01:45 Brooke[…]g&iso=20120502T02
01:45 Brooke yes?
01:45 oleonard Oh, WolframAlpha failed me, assumed 2:00 == 2PM
01:46 oleonard I guess it's dumb luck I happened to be online at this odd (for me) hour
01:46 mtj ta brooke :)
01:46 oleonard dumb_luck++
01:47 oleonard I guess we can assume Europe is sleeping soundly.
01:47 Brooke pretty much guessing so
01:47 oleonard ...and rangi is traveling I think
01:47 Brooke Magnus issued an apology
01:48 oleonard Where? I don't see a wiki page for this meeting
01:50 Brooke[…]eting,_2_May_2012
01:50 jwagner joined #koha
01:55 paulnz joined #koha
01:55 druthb joined #koha
01:56 oleonard Hi druthb
01:56 Brooke oi paul.
01:56 Irma hi everyone :-)
01:56 paulnz hi #koha
01:56 Brooke hey earma :D
01:56 druthb o/
01:56 Irma ;-)
01:57 Irma ;-) druthb
01:57 druthb Hi, Irma!  *hugs*
02:00 Brooke #startmeeting
02:00 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
02:00 huginn Meeting started Wed May  2 02:00:07 2012 UTC.  The chair is Brooke. Information about MeetBot at
02:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
02:00 Brooke #topic Introductions
02:00 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
02:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions
02:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries
02:01 druthb #info D Ruth Bavousett, ByWater Solutions.
02:01 Brooke Haere Mai and welcome
02:01 Brooke please introduce yourself with #info if you want to be counted
02:01 Irma #info Irma Birchall CALYX Australia
02:01 jwagner #info Jane Wagner LibLime/PTFS
02:03 mib_0rkay9 joined #koha
02:03 * druthb watches wahanui carefully.
02:03 Brooke okie dokie, I'm thinking this is prolly gonna be a content light meeting, but we'll see
02:04 mtj #info Mason James, kOHAaLOHA, NZ
02:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements
02:04 Brooke does anyone have any announcements?
02:05 Brooke #topic Update on Roadmap to 3.4
02:05 Topic for #koha is now Update on Roadmap to 3.4
02:05 Brooke not sure we really need a bullet point for this anymore..
02:05 Irma possibly a few ... but I think it will be nice to keep them for the next Koha newsletter ...
02:06 Brooke okie dokie
02:06 Brooke I think Daniel's doing a nice job with that
02:06 oleonard Anyone recall if an end-of-life deadline has been announced for 3.4?
02:06 Brooke it seemed to be moving that way
02:06 Brooke and then summat happened
02:07 BobB joined #koha
02:07 Irma yes DAniel is doing a fine job ++
02:08 Brooke #help End of Life for 3.4 or no?
02:08 BobB #info BobB
02:08 Brooke hopefully someone will mark that up by the next meeting
02:08 BobB Sorry I'm late
02:08 Topic for #koha is now Update on Roadmap to 3.6
02:08 intel_net joined #koha
02:08 Brooke Jared is asleep, but left this on the wiki
02:09 mtj i think 3.4 automatically becomes EOL after the release of 3.8
02:09 Brooke Jared is still learning his way around the release maintainer tools, but hopes to release 3.6.5 by May 23; he will announce a string freeze as soon as he has something with strings that require freezing
02:09 eythian #info Robin Sheat, Catalyst IT
02:09 Brooke I'm betting that if you #info or #help, you might be able to draw his attention, else AT later
02:11 Topic for #koha is now Update on Roadmap to 3.8
02:11 Brooke Rangi?
02:11 oleonard Last I heard rangi was traveling today
02:11 Brooke oh duh
02:11 Brooke ta
02:11 Brooke Robin do you happen to know anything?
02:12 eythian yeah, rangi won't be around today
02:12 eythian I'm not sure of any details of his 3.8 plans
02:13 Brooke rog
02:13 Topic for #koha is now Update on 3.10
02:13 Brooke (bet Paul's asleep)
02:13 oleonard 4AM? I hope so.
02:14 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon2012
02:15 druthb no slef, either.
02:15 Brooke the big one for this one is that we need a lot more dough from sponsorship
02:15 Brooke #help find sponsors
02:15 Brooke there's a reminder on the wiki that there are meetings on Wednesdays at 18.00
02:16 Brooke the good news is
02:16 oleonard Brooke, is there a run-down of expenses which still need to be covered? I'm just curious.
02:16 Brooke we had a boatload of papers submitted
02:16 Brooke he's got a weird skelebudget posted owen
02:16 Brooke lemme dig up the link
02:16 * druthb codes up a bigger boat.
02:18 Irma #info sponsors can be individuals or companies or libraries ...
02:18 Brooke it's on the vol page
02:18 Brooke[…]aCon12_Volunteers
02:18 Irma #info Could/should a "donate" button be added on the KohaCon12 page?
02:19 Irma #info
02:19 Brooke already is
02:19 Brooke[…]soring-kohacon12/
02:19 Soupermanito left #koha
02:19 Brooke :)
02:20 Irma I can't see a donate button on the KohaCon12 page
02:21 eythian It's at the bottom
02:21 Irma ahh thanks Brooke I am using Chrome
02:21 Brooke that's why they pay me the big bucks ;)
02:22 Irma and some ...
02:22 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon13
02:22 * druthb offers to double Brooke's wage for chairing the meetings.
02:22 Brooke so, I think it's a good idea to fish or cut bait on the KohaCon2013 bids
02:22 Brooke there was a flurry of interest on the listserv
02:22 Brooke but only a fraction of the folks that said they were interested posted to the wiki
02:23 Brooke #link
02:23 Brooke if you want to bid please edit it ^
02:24 Brooke the way it's gone recently is that that page gets an edit
02:24 Brooke at some point, we say alright already
02:24 Brooke Nicole's been kind enough to gen a proper ballot
02:24 Brooke that then goes out
02:24 Brooke folks vote
02:24 Brooke and hooray
02:24 Brooke anyone have problems with that procedure?
02:25 Irma #info We need a page soon to ...
02:26 Brooke okie dokie
02:26 Irma procedure is good Brooke
02:26 Brooke I'll prolly send (another) reminder to the list to edit the wiki
02:26 Brooke does closing that portion in a fortnight sound reasonable, or is that too quick?
02:27 Irma too quick
02:27 Gbengaadara joined #koha
02:27 Brooke [just recalling that folks wanted a location by KohaCon, sooo]
02:27 Brooke what's your timeframe then, Irma?
02:27 Irma #info is it not important to remember that there should not be 2 Koha conferences in the same financial year. So KohaCon13 would need to be after July 2013
02:29 Irma close 2 months after KohaCon12 ... that's my current suggestion
02:29 Brooke wow. That's long.
02:30 eythian well, '11 and '12 were closer together
02:30 BobB I guess the issue is whether we want to announce the KohaCon13 venue at KohaCon12.  If so, you have to close it next meeting.
02:30 Irma actually my logic is wrong as KohaCon12 will be over in the FY 2012...
02:31 BobB There are a couple of folks who can't get budget for KohaCon twice in the same financial year.  That's happened with Mumbai and Edinburgh.
02:31 BobB Just something to bear in mind.
02:31 Brooke right
02:32 BobB For the US the financial year is Jan to Dec I thinK?  So prolly not an issue for folks there.
02:32 Brooke no
02:32 Brooke most Libraries are Juneish
02:32 jwagner It depends on the institution
02:32 BobB oh, ok
02:32 jwagner Jan-Dec, Oct-Oct, June-June, etc.
02:32 oleonard Yeah, fiscal years differ from place to place
02:33 * oleonard 's library's fiscal year doesn't even match his state's
02:33 Irma thanks jwagner. CAn you elaborate re the type of libraries?
02:33 Brooke I think it was the six month thing that really tanked it
02:33 jwagner Not really -- it depends on the individual institution, except federal government sites which start FY October 1
02:33 Irma Financial year in Australia and New Zealand is 1 July to 30 June
02:34 kathryn hi sorry didn't intro earlier - Kathryn from Catalyst : )
02:34 Brooke so
02:34 kathryn in nz it can also be march - apr
02:34 Irma hi kathryn :)
02:34 kathryn june-july is for public sector mostly
02:34 Brooke I think we need a proper idea as to when to close the wiki and forward it to Nicole if she's willing to do up the ballot
02:35 Irma well here we go , I better stick to local knowledge!
02:35 jwagner I don't see any particular reason to have a final vote before KohaCon12.  Let's give more time for bids to develop
02:36 Gbengaadara Intro here too. Olugbenga from Projektlink
02:36 oleonard Let's put it to the list. There aren't enough people here to make a good decision
02:37 druthb oleonard++
02:37 Irma hi Gbengaadara thanks for your bid for KohaCon13
02:37 Brooke the vote is going to the list regardless of what we decide
02:37 Brooke and I'm going to send a reminder anyway
02:37 Brooke but we'll toss the timeframe in there as well
02:38 Topic for #koha is now Old Business
02:38 Brooke there were no actions from the previous meeting that I spotted in the minutes
02:38 Brooke but speak now or forever hold your peace if there's other stuff
02:39 Irma The success (I also mean the content) of KohaCon12 >>  generates hopefully more bids for KohaCon13
02:41 Topic for #koha is now Miscellaneous
02:42 Brooke anything out there at all?
02:42 BobB Lunch?
02:42 wahanui i think Lunch is a good idea :)
02:42 druthb :)
02:42 * jwagner would prefer bedtime to lunch....
02:43 Irma back to work?
02:43 Brooke not just yet :P
02:43 Irma ok then ...
02:43 Topic for #koha is now Time of Next Meeting
02:44 Brooke looking at you 6 June
02:44 Brooke should be 18.00 regardless
02:44 Irma during KOhaCon12 ...
02:45 Brooke d'oh
02:45 Brooke screw that
02:45 Brooke 13thish then?
02:45 * kathryn thought that was the idea
02:45 kathryn (but won't be at Kohacon so not relevant)
02:45 Irma it could be ok but has to be during a break time Scotland time
02:45 Brooke nah not gonna fidget with that
02:45 jwagner Might work during hackfest, but that's a regular program day -- awkward for a mtg
02:46 oleonard Won't work
02:46 Brooke 13th won't work too oleonard?
02:46 oleonard I mean scheduling a meeting around Kohacon meetings wont work
02:46 Brooke conflicts with the 13th?
02:47 * oleonard doesn't know the hackfest schedule
02:47 Brooke hackfest is til 11th
02:47 Irma depending of the time of day...I could bring some hot Belgian waffles along ...
02:48 Irma so 13th ok for CALYX
02:48 Brooke folks will prolly be a little jetlaggy, but prime conference memories should still be fresh :)
02:49 Brooke so
02:49 Brooke +1 for 13th June 18.00 UTC
02:49 oleonard +1
02:49 Gbengaadara +1
02:49 Irma +1
02:50 druthb +1
02:50 mtj +1
02:51 Brooke right that carries then
02:51 Brooke #endmeeting
02:51 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.8.0, 3.6.4 and 3.4.8 Now Available | Koha Community Website - | General IRC meeting, 2 May 2012 at 2:00 UTC+0
02:51 huginn Meeting ended Wed May  2 02:51:16 2012 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
02:51 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-05-02-02.00.html
02:51 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]2-05-02-02.00.txt
02:51 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]02-02.00.log.html
02:51 Brooke now you can go back to work :P
02:52 druthb heh
02:52 * Brooke rather likes bossin' the boss lady about
02:52 Gbengaadara Or to sleep
02:52 Brooke sleep is an addiction that can be cured!
02:53 Irma thanks Brooke. Cioa all.
02:53 kathryn thanks Brooke, that was my first Koha meeting and first Meetbot experience!
02:53 Brooke ciao bella
02:53 Brooke thank you kathryn
02:53 kathryn : )
02:53 Gbengaadara 4 am here in Nigeria
02:53 kathryn oi Gbengaadara, good night!
02:54 Gbengaadara Thank you
02:54 oleonard Good night #koha
02:58 ago43 joined #koha
03:24 wispofacloud joined #koha
03:31 nengard joined #koha
03:47 druthb left #koha
04:20 cait joined #koha
04:20 cait hi #koha
05:04 kathryn goodnight cait : )
05:50 stuartyeates joined #koha
05:51 stuartyeates left #koha
05:55 renren joined #koha
06:06 laurence joined #koha
06:06 sophie_m joined #koha
06:09 Oak joined #koha
06:10 Oak Ahoy me hearties!
06:10 Oak Bonjour cait :)
06:10 cait hi Oak :)
06:27 hdl joined #koha
06:42 julian_m joined #koha
06:43 alex_a joined #koha
06:44 reiveune joined #koha
06:44 reiveune hello
06:45 reiveune left #koha
06:46 reiveune joined #koha
06:47 hdl1 joined #koha
06:48 julian_m hello
06:49 cait hi julian_m
06:49 cait and bye all :)
06:49 cait bbl
06:49 cait left #koha
06:49 reiveune joined #koha
06:49 alex_a bonjour
06:51 alex_a1 joined #koha
06:52 Oak Bonjour alex_a1, julian_m, hdl1, reiveune
06:53 reiveune Hi Oak :)
06:53 hdl1 hi Oak
06:53 Oak :)
06:53 julian_m hello Oak
06:53 alex_a1 bonjour Oak
07:05 Guillaume joined #koha
07:08 asaurat joined #koha
07:08 kf joined #koha
07:08 kf good morning #koha
07:08 Oak Ahoy kf
07:14 sophie_m hello #koha
07:22 laurence joined #koha
07:29 kf joined #koha
07:29 kf hi again #koha
07:33 Oak Ahoy again kf
07:44 kf silent today :)
07:55 Oak :)
08:32 Oak joined #koha
09:19 Oak joined #koha
09:51 clrh hello
09:55 kf hi clrh
10:54 asaurat1 joined #koha
11:41 samuel joined #koha
11:42 samuel hi everybody
11:43 laurence left #koha
11:43 kf left #koha
11:43 kf joined #koha
11:43 kf hi samuel
11:56 jwagner joined #koha
12:01 collum joined #koha
12:09 gmcharlt joined #koha
12:10 gmcharlt good morning
12:12 kf good mornign gmcharlt :)
12:14 oleonard joined #koha
12:17 NateC joined #koha
12:24 gmcharlt hi kf
12:27 oleonard Hi everyone
12:28 oleonard You all missed a sparsely attended meeting last night :P
12:28 oleonard (and I can't blame many of you)
12:30 * gmcharlt was recovering from (what was to me) a six-day conference
12:37 Oak joined #koha
12:39 kf hi oleonard
12:39 kf gmcharlt: how was the eg conf? :)
12:40 gmcharlt kf: very good and productive, but exhausintg
12:45 kf :)
12:45 kf any chance to get to see you at the kohaconf soon? :)
12:45 gmcharlt next year, hopefully
12:46 kf ooh ok
12:48 edveal joined #koha
12:55 samuel me too, i hope next year, i've just moved.
12:56 samuel question , i don't understand this error when i use zebra "zebraidx(1575) [warn] Record didn't contain match fields in (bib1,Local-number) "
12:56 ago43 joined #koha
12:57 talljoy joined #koha
12:58 kf samuel: hm some missing 999 field in one of your records I think
13:05 oleonard Motorola wins Xbox and Windows 7 ban in Germany
13:05 oleonard Hand over your Xbox kf!
13:05 kf I don't have one!
13:06 oleonard Good citizen :)
13:07 kf heh
13:08 kf oh wow
13:08 kf internet explorer and windows 7
13:08 JesseM joined #koha
13:08 oleonard It sounds like a pretty big deal if MS has to follow through
13:09 oleonard ...although it never seems like companies end up having to follow through in these cases...
13:09 kf yeah
13:09 kf they are forbidden to enforce it (motorola)
13:09 kf but still interesting
13:14 kf ... and ie would not be a big loss
13:19 kf samuel: still around?
13:21 oleonard Well, there you have it.
13:21 kf hmpf :)
13:21 samuel joined #koha
13:21 kf wb samuel
13:21 kf I was going to ask you about vietnamese :)
13:21 kf is it enough to create the po files freshly and upload them?
13:21 kf if it is I could do so tonight
13:22 kf or is there something that needs to be doneon the pootle server?
13:22 samuel excuse, i've been disconnected.
13:22 wahanui samuel: Your packets were eaten by the terminator
13:24 samuel kf: you can create po files and upload files.
13:26 kf ok
13:26 kf I will make a note and try :)
13:28 maximep joined #koha
13:49 * chris_n chains himself back to bug 7977 :-P
13:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7977 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, Needs Signoff , Add a "Quote-of-the-day" feature to the OPAC homepage
13:50 * oleonard offers to crack the whip periodically if that would help
13:51 sophie_m joined #koha
13:52 chris_n well, tossing an occasional chocolate treat in a general southward direction will go a long way ;-)
13:53 kf items?
13:53 wahanui items are all missing.
13:53 kf holding data?
13:53 kf holdings?
13:53 kf holding fields?
13:54 kf chris_n: reading your message to the list - I think you and oleonard might be the only exceptions of the rule. I think an empty field would be more inviting then having a module maintainer who is only a name and not doing anything
13:55 kf holdings data?
13:55 kf oh wahanui.
13:55 wahanui i am probably a bot
13:55 chris_n kf: that might be so, but I sense a wider-spread issue here rooted in the failure to utilize fields in general
13:56 kf chris_n: hmm
13:56 chris_n which, if true, means that no amount of "fixing up" will solve the problem :-(
13:56 kf not sure I understand
13:56 kf chris_n: the problem is people not working on bugs
13:56 kf and inactive module maintainers
13:56 kf I think
13:56 kf I only hope that it will be more clear that noone is working on a bug, if there is no assignee
13:56 oleonard What do you mean by " the failure to utilize fields in general" chris_n ?
13:56 kf and I doubt we will find active maintainers for each module
13:56 chris_n there is no want of complaints about various fields either not being set or their current settings being incorrect
13:57 kf chris_n: sorry, I don't understand :(
13:57 chris_n many bugs are worked on by other than the default assignee; if the dev cannot take time to click the "take" link, what is there to make us thing they will take time to add their name to the assignee field?
13:58 chris_n so now you have bugs being worked on with blank assignee fields
13:58 kf I don't think that's the problem actuallcy
13:58 kf the problem is wrong expectations - someone file a bug and there is a name in default assignee
13:58 kf and that shoudl not be
13:58 * chris_n must have misunderstood the problem or is focused on a problem noone else is :-(
13:58 kf as long as the default assignees have not any meaning
13:59 kf and I think with exception of you and oleonard, that is not the case
13:59 kf they don't do anything about the bugs
13:59 * chris_n does not see the problem
13:59 kf I think it's confusing
13:59 kf to explain to people they can kick out the default assignee
14:00 kf because you have to explain it
14:00 chris_n I think it is confusing for someone to be working on a bug and the assignee field is either wrong or blank
14:00 kf it would be very clear that noone is working on it with an empty field
14:00 kf and then people should take the bug when they start working on it actively
14:00 kf that is something that's easy to explain
14:00 kf I think we might be misunderstanding each other :)
14:00 chris_n I think you will still have the problem of devs not "taking" the bug, yet working on it
14:01 oleonard I think you're talking about two different problems.
14:01 chris_n ^^^
14:01 kf I think keeping you and oleonard as default assignees is fine - because you do soemthing. I want to empty all other modules where people don't step up
14:01 * chris_n agrees
14:01 chris_n with oleonard's last comment
14:02 kf me too
14:02 oleonard it makes more sense to leave the default assignee blank for all the modules gmcharlt is the default for, for instance, because he can't possibly handle all of them by himself.
14:02 kf agreed :)
14:02 oleonard Better to have the default assignee mean something. Then the blank will mean something too
14:02 kf yep
14:02 chris_n I wonder if we have any examples of bugs not being worked on because someone thought the default assignee was working on it or otherwise?
14:02 kf exactly
14:02 kf I think for people new to koha
14:03 kf it is confusing like it is now
14:03 kf because they expect default assignees to be involved with the bug somehow
14:03 kf and we have tried to find new default assignees, but Ithink it's not working out
14:03 oleonard I think it also conveys a bad message about default assignees, like "Why haven't they worked on any of these bugs?"
14:03 kf so better have empty and people can take bugs - that will be easy to understand
14:03 chris_n I also think the greater demonstrable confusion exists because various fields are not updated in a timely fashion
14:04 kf and for you and own, you can delete yourselves if you don't want to work on one
14:04 kf chris_n: do you have an example?
14:04 oleonard That's also a problem chris_n, but the change marcel proposed won't help or harm that situtation
14:04 oleonard It's just different.
14:04 kf chris_n: and only trying to understand - thought this would be easier in chat than writing another mail :)
14:04 chris_n kf: the irc logs provide plenty of examples of questions over what the status of bugs is.. ie closed, open, etc
14:05 chris_n a perusal of bugzilla shows that there are many bugs worked on, but marked "new"
14:05 chris_n as well as many worked on by dev A, but assigned to dev B
14:05 * wizzyrea waves
14:05 oleonard chris_n: And lots of those guilty of doing that are experienced devs who should know better. All we can do is keep bugging people about it I think.
14:05 wizzyrea I think it's a human problem.
14:06 chris_n oleonard: agreed, but I am concerned that we are skirting the real issue of the need to utilize the other fields
14:06 chris_n humans?
14:06 wahanui KILL ALL HUMANS
14:06 oleonard The task will often fall to the bug-wranglers to notice those things and speak up about it
14:07 oleonard chris_n: By framing it as "the real issue" you set up a dichotomy which doesn't exist between these two issues
14:07 chris_n kf: probably clarifying what sort of confusion is being addressed by marcel would be good
14:07 oleonard Let's address both of them.
14:08 chris_n I fear that that is easier said than done
14:09 kf the confusion that a default assignee will do something about the bug
14:09 kf which is not the case in general
14:09 kf it's just a name on the bug
14:09 kf but it has lost meaning
14:09 kf as I said - I know they are exceptions
14:09 wizzyrea well i'm default assignee for website stuff
14:09 wizzyrea and I look at those
14:09 kf and I think bug wranglers could help fixing mistakes like you pointed out - bugs with patches still new etc.
14:09 wizzyrea much like owen looks at his opac bugs
14:10 chris_n kf: an alternative might be to poll the default assignees once more to see if they desire to continue as such
14:10 kf wizzyrea: yep I know - but we have modules where it's different
14:10 wizzyrea oh I know
14:10 chris_n if they don't, blank the field if there are no volunteers
14:10 kf wizzyrea: never said we should change the workflow for those who are actively maintaining something
14:10 kf :)
14:10 oleonard chris_n: That's what marcel just did :)
14:10 wizzyrea i'm only saying "I'll keep my default assignment" ;)
14:11 chris_n oleonard: but that's not what his email said.. unless I misread
14:11 kf chris_n: I think that's what marcel did with his mail - asking for consent to do something - those who want to keep things can speak up now
14:11 chris_n :-)
14:11 kf I think we don't really disagree :)
14:11 wizzyrea @wunder lawrence ks
14:11 huginn wizzyrea: The current temperature in Channel 6 Downtown, Lawrence, Kansas is 23.5°C (9:11 AM CDT on May 02, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 19.0°C. Pressure: 29.75 in 1007 hPa (Rising).
14:11 kf I don't want to take your modules!! .)
14:11 wizzyrea hot already
14:12 Oak ...or forever hold your peace...
14:12 chris_n kf: your right :)
14:15 * chris_n looks warily at oleonard's whip and gets back to work ;-)
14:15 tcohen joined #koha
14:16 * oleonard has never seen the "take" link in Bugzilla before today
14:28 jcamins o/
14:28 oleonard Hi jcamins, you just missed the Bugzilla wars. There was no conclusive winner.
14:29 * kf offers cookies to all participants
14:30 jcamins oleonard: boy, Luke Skywalker sure grew up fast.
14:32 jcamins kf: what kind of cookies?
14:32 kf hm chocolate?
14:32 wahanui reiveune ate them all
14:33 kf I feel bad for starting bugzilla wars
14:33 vfernandes joined #koha
14:33 vfernandes hi guys
14:33 * chris_n passes around goat milk to go with kf's cookies
14:33 jcamins Ooh.
14:33 chris_n kf: not a war... a discussion :-)
14:33 * jcamins 's wife perks up her ears at the mention of goat milk.
14:34 * kf waves at jcamins' wife
14:34 chris_n jcamins: production is ramping up... soon we'll be at ~2gal/day
14:34 vfernandes one question: how to put two koha running on the same zebra server? i've one koha running using zebra... i've installed another koha in the same machine but i don't know how to have two databases in zebra
14:35 jcamins chris_n: cool!
14:35 chris_n vfernandes: I think the answer is use the packages
14:35 chris_n but I'm not very familiar with them, sorry
14:35 jcamins vfernandes: right now the preferred solution is to use two zebrasrv processes.
14:35 vfernandes humm so i need to have two dameons in the start?
14:36 vfernandes one for each installation?
14:36 jcamins That's the easiest way.
14:36 jcamins vfernandes: the best way to do that is to use packages.
14:36 vfernandes packages?
14:36 wahanui i heard packages was at
14:36 jcamins And remember that not only is 3.2 no longer maintained, 3.4 is no longer maintained.
14:37 jcamins Upgrading to 3.6 would probably be a good idea.
14:37 vfernandes at this point upgrading to 3.6 is out of question... :/
14:38 jcamins vfernandes: that's unfortunate. You're going to have a lot of trouble getting any support from the community for 3.2.
14:40 vfernandes yes i know jcamins... but I've plenty off knowlegdes about 3.2.X. I've working with it around 1 year...
14:41 jcamins I don't even remember if there were packages for 3.2.
14:41 jcamins vfernandes: good luck to you. :)
14:41 vfernandes thanks :)
14:42 vfernandes the company that i've working of it's responsible to maintain 3 koha:
14:45 kf vfernandes: there have been some nasty security bugs in 3.2.2 - hope you got the patches for those
14:45 hdl1 basically, vfernandes, zebra can handle multiple database, but koha only uses one database per zebra instance.
14:45 kf vfernandes: we have been on that verson for a longer time, I am so happy all our installations are on 3.6.x now
14:45 hdl1 you have one zebra instance for authorities, another for biblios
14:46 jcamins hdl1: no, that's not correct. Each zebrasrv right now has two databases: one for authorities, one for biblios.
14:46 hdl1 jcamins: if you look at configuration files,
14:46 hdl1 there is one
14:46 hdl1 zebra-authorities.cfg
14:46 hdl1 one zebra-biblios.cfg
14:47 hdl1 data are stored in two different palces.
14:47 jcamins hdl1: yes, but it's only one process, as I understand it.
14:47 hdl1 it is not because zebrasrv is handling multiple zebra servers
14:47 hdl1 that you donot have multiple "inner instance"
14:49 jcamins vfernandes: anyway, the long and the short of it is, you'll need to start a zebrasrv process for each Koha installation.
14:50 jcamins kf++
14:50 jcamins wizzyrea++
14:50 kf wizzyrea++!
14:50 vfernandes roger that :)
14:52 vfernandes let me say that Koha in portugal is on "boost"... on 20th April was the first national Koha workshop
14:52 asaurat joined #koha
14:53 vfernandes around 90 people attended to the workshop
14:53 jcamins Very cool!
14:53 wizzyrea kf++
14:53 kf vfernandes: you should write something for the newsletter :)
14:55 francharb joined #koha
14:55 francharb left #koha
14:55 vfernandes kf it's a good idea... maybe i'll write something. Who of you will be present at KohaCon2012?
14:57 kf I will be :)
14:58 vfernandes nice... I don't know, if the company pay i'll be for sure :)
15:09 wizzyrea hm but 2426 - still an issue?
15:09 wizzyrea and, what do we do about it?
15:09 jcamins Bug 2426
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2426 major, P3, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED , Management Permissions Deprecated
15:13 francharb joined #koha
15:13 francharb left #koha
15:24 reiveune bye
15:24 reiveune left #koha
15:29 asaurat left #koha
15:31 kf wizzyrea++
15:31 kf wizzyrea++
15:32 wizzyrea !
15:32 jcamins wizzyrea++
15:32 wizzyrea ok guys this is getting silly.
15:32 jcamins @karma wizzyrea
15:32 huginn jcamins: Karma for "wizzyrea" has been increased 332 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 332.
15:32 jcamins 33*2*?
15:32 jcamins wizzyrea++
15:32 jcamins @karma wizzyrea
15:32 huginn jcamins: Karma for "wizzyrea" has been increased 333 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 333.
15:32 jcamins Better.
15:33 jcamins :)
15:33 oleonard Why the wizzyrea karma party? Did I miss something?
15:34 wizzyrea well I know a lot of stuff about holds :P
15:34 jcamins oleonard: I have no idea, but I thought she probably needed karma, since kf was giving her some. :)
15:34 kf oleonard: she is answreing my silly holds questions with patience
15:34 kf it's enlightening :)
15:35 kf jcamins: thx for trusting my judgement :)
15:35 jcamins :)
15:36 oleonard Ah, just as I suspected: It's all happening in the exclusive shadow-channel to which I am not invited!
15:36 wizzyrea lol
15:36 wizzyrea naw
15:38 * kf sends oleonard
15:38 kf cookies
15:38 kf oleonard: it's only because I am asking embarassing newbie questions :)
15:38 * talljoy looks up from desk.....cookie?
15:38 * kf sends some to talljoy too
15:38 talljoy nom nom
15:38 oleonard I would punch a panda in the face for some cookies right now
15:38 talljoy heh
15:39 jcamins oleonard: chocolate ginger oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?
15:39 kf lol
15:39 wizzyrea nom.
15:40 * jcamins is very proud of his chocolate ginger oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
15:41 kf hmmm
15:41 * kf tastes powdered ginger
15:44 kf left #koha
15:47 chris_n more cookies?
15:48 * chris_n hates multi-dimensional arrays
15:48 oleonard Then I hope you don't have to work with Drupal chris_n
15:49 jcamins Speaking of multi-dimensional arrays, bug 7249 is Really Cool.
15:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7249 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , Report webservices
15:51 wizzyrea does bug 2435 still happen?
15:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2435 major, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , corrupt MARC record can abort import batch commit
15:51 wizzyrea also, I think we need an open bug status that is like "FYI - we're not fixing this but here's your workaround"
15:52 wizzyrea or a closed bug status for same
15:52 wizzyrea and a saved public search for those.
15:53 wizzyrea nm, that doesn't happen anymore
15:53 * chris_n loves ctl-z
15:54 wizzyrea oleonard: bug 2537, still a problem?
15:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2537 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , inconsistent behavior when entering tag via add button or hitting return
15:55 oleonard Yes
15:55 wizzyrea are we going to try to fix it?
15:55 wizzyrea or can it be fixed?
15:55 oleonard I don't know if it can be fixed.
15:56 oleonard I would prefer to leave it NEW
15:56 wizzyrea k
15:58 oleonard Oh, speaking of tags: Bug 7980 looks like it would be fun to sign off on eh?
15:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7980 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Group search results tag input with other actions
16:03 cait joined #koha
16:07 cait back :)
16:10 sophie_m left #koha
16:10 melia joined #koha
16:14 jcamins Have I commented recently on how I think we should be making use of popularity in Koha?
16:14 oleonard You mean like only the cool kids get their patches signed off?
16:14 jcamins oleonard: actually, I had in mind having the sort working.
16:15 cait those 3 comments together confuse me
16:15 * cait goes the logs searhing for context
16:15 jcamins cait: there wasn't any context for my pronouncement.
16:15 cait oh
16:16 francharb joined #koha
16:17 * oleonard recalls jcamins mentioning something about it before
16:17 francharb hello all
16:18 oleonard Hi francharb
16:18 jcamins I feel like that would be really useful for public libraries.
16:18 cait jcamins: I think either make it work or remove it from the sort options
16:18 cait because as it is now... clearly not good
16:18 jcamins cait: I favor making it work.
16:19 cait yep :)
16:19 jcamins Unfortunately, it's a sufficiently complicated bug that I won't be fixing it without someone saying "hey, we'd like to pay for this!"
16:22 cait hmpf
16:22 cait hehe
16:22 cait so perhaps I shoudl just threaten to remove it
16:22 cait brb bringing bike into garage
16:22 jcamins cait: makes sense.
16:24 jcamins Hey, cool!
16:25 jcamins The Hungarian National Library's authority file is RDF.
16:26 jcamins @later tell magnuse The Hungarian National Library apparently provides a SPARQL endpoint for their authority file. I'm still not 100% sure what that means in practical terms, but I thought you would want to know.
16:26 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
16:28 talljoy left #koha
16:36 cait back :)
16:45 jcamins Are we sure that popularity ever worked?
16:46 cait not totally
16:46 cait but someone put it there...
16:46 cait but... probably before qa times
16:47 jcamins cait: gmcharlt created the column in 2007.
16:47 cait ok, then it probably used to work :)
16:47 jcamins The index wasn't even added to UNIMARC until 2011.
16:47 gmcharlt at the time ...
16:47 jcamins I know it didn't work a year ago.
16:47 cait hi gmcharlt :)
16:48 jcamins gmcharlt: ah, you can answer this mystery: was popularity ever actually implemented, or was that something that was planned but never actually done.
16:48 jcamins *?
16:48 jcamins Also, hi gmcharlt.
16:48 gmcharlt jcamins: I *think* it got to the point of half-working, but no further
16:48 gmcharlt and howdy! :)
16:51 jcamins Looks like it was a feature in 2.2.
16:53 cait 3.2 or 2.2?
16:53 wahanui 3
16:53 jcamins 2.2.
16:53 cait oh
16:55 chris_n heya gmcharlt
16:55 wahanui hmmm... gmcharlt is an expert in all things library technology.
16:55 chris_n truth
16:55 gmcharlt hi chris_n
17:00 * magnuse waves
17:01 cait hi magnuse :)
17:01 magnuse guten abend cait
17:21 jcamins magnuse: does the Norwegian authority file have useful linked data features?
17:22 * jcamins doesn't know.
17:22 magnuse jcamins: hardly
17:23 magnuse i dont think we have a national authority file as such
17:23 cait magnuse: perhaps check dnb
17:23 jcamins magnuse: oh, that's too bad. :(
17:23 magnuse the closest is whatever is in bibsys
17:23 cait[…]
17:23 magnuse but there is this project called "Rådata nå!"
17:23 magnuse lemme find the link
17:23 magnuse
17:24 magnuse "The project’s key result will be a linked data representation of the BIBSYS authority file. "
17:24 magnuse i think they focussed on names and people, not on e.g. subjects
17:25 jcamins Understandable.
17:25 wahanui i think Understandable. is why i was running it against a local copy
17:25 magnuse im using it in semantikoha
17:25 jcamins wahanui: forget understandable.
17:25 wahanui jcamins, I didn't have anything matching understandable
17:25 jcamins wahanui: forget understandable\.
17:25 wahanui jcamins, I didn't have anything matching understandable\
17:26 jcamins understandable. is <reply>
17:26 jcamins understandable.
17:26 wahanui understandable. is why i was running it against a local copy
17:26 jcamins Oh well.
17:26 jcamins I tried.
17:27 magnuse jcamins++
17:27 magnuse so jcamins, will you be bidding on "the scream"? ;-)
17:27 jcamins magnuse: I will not, no.
17:27 cait oh really? such a missed opportunity
17:28 magnuse oh, too bad ;-)
17:29 jcamins I would be happy to provide a catalog to its purchaser, however.
17:31 magnuse hehe
17:31 magnuse it will be interesting to see where it ends up
17:32 bag left #koha
17:32 bag joined #koha
17:32 jcamins It will be interesting to see how much it goes for.
17:34 magnuse true
17:34 magnuse luckily, we still have 3 other versions left over here :-)
17:34 jcamins Heh.
17:37 magnuse and one day we might even build a proper museum for them...
17:37 jcamins magnuse: a museum that will need a good research library attached.
17:37 jcamins With a catalog.
17:37 magnuse yay
17:38 magnuse hm, they already have one:
17:39 jcamins magnuse: I can't say I'm hugely impressed.
17:39 magnuse hehe
17:39 jcamins In fact...
17:39 jcamins Wow.
17:39 magnuse wait ill show you somthing that might make you cry...
17:40 jcamins Is it just me or is that staggeringly non-functional.
17:40 jcamins *?
17:40 cait omg
17:40 magnuse well, its certainly not koha
17:41 jcamins magnuse: no, it certainly is not.
17:41 cait not totally bad tho
17:42 magnuse gah, i cant find an example - bear with...
17:42 jcamins cait: not totally bad, perhaps, but if you find a relevant subject, it takes a bunch of steps to try to find results related to it.
17:43 cait hm
17:43 cait i searched munch
17:43 jcamins So did I.
17:43 magnuse here is another norwegian system, within an iframe:[…]ts_base_tidemann/
17:43 cait and not totally bad means - I have seen worse
17:44 jcamins Then I decided I was interested in Frida Kahlo.
17:44 jcamins So I found the relevant subject.
17:44 jcamins And then I had to start a new search to find books about her.
17:44 cait hm
17:44 jcamins magnuse: you're right. That's horrifying.
17:44 cait in my record there is nothing I could click
17:45 jcamins cait: yes, that's my complaint.
17:45 magnuse jcamins: look at the source. count the number of <form>s. weep...
17:45 jcamins There are no links anyway.
17:45 cait true
17:45 cait card catalog
17:45 jcamins Yup.
17:46 jcamins magnuse: wow.
17:49 cait hm?
17:49 cait are we talking result list? or detail page?
17:49 magnuse cait: check thwe source for this: http://bibliotekservice.ittekn[…]/nmk/tow.dll/EXEC
17:49 Irma joined #koha
17:50 jcamins Also, anything served on Windows is automatically horrifying.
17:50 magnuse kia ora Irma
17:50 cait the css might be enough to make me go blind
17:50 magnuse jcamins: yup
17:50 cait or the js
17:51 jcamins cait: two additional horrifying things.
17:52 * cait shakes her head in disbelief
17:53 jcamins Hey, does anyone have any idea why there's a checkbox to control whether the MARC tag documentation links show up or not?
17:54 jcamins That seems... kind of useless.
17:54 cait it's controlled by a cookie
17:54 cait so if you don't want them
17:54 magnuse because some people might think it@s just clutter?
17:54 cait you don't have to see them
17:54 magnuse hm, my keyboard is wonky after ubuntu 12.04...
17:55 jcamins Oh, there's a cookie?
17:55 jcamins That's okay, then.
17:55 cait and I want my mysql gui tools back *sigh*
17:55 jcamins It just occurred to me to wonder what possible reason there could be for having a toggle that requires clicking every time.
17:56 jcamins But I guess it doesn't, and I just never noticed it before.
17:59 JesseM left #koha
18:00 slef ai ai ai ai ai... it's one of *those* days
18:00 cait hi slef
18:00 cait want me to chair?
18:00 slef hi cait
18:00 slef cait: yes, please! :) And let's go for a quick meeting this time, to compensate for the last one!
18:01 jcamins quick_meeting++
18:01 cait we can try
18:01 cait #startmeeting
18:01 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
18:01 huginn Meeting started Wed May  2 18:01:25 2012 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
18:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:01 cait #topic Introductions
18:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions
18:01 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
18:02 cait please introduce youself as the bot did with #info
18:02 slef #info MJ Ray,
18:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
18:02 jcamins #info Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services
18:02 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ Germany
18:02 slef (this is a meeting about KohaCon12... in case anyone is watching who doesn't know)
18:03 cait #topic Roadmap to KohaCon
18:03 Topic for #koha is now Roadmap to KohaCon
18:04 cait quick update from slef?
18:04 cait I think Brooke said at the meeting yesterday that we need more sponsoring?
18:04 slef ok well apologies from me for not having the usual report compiled, or the schedule done yet.
18:04 slef There was some stuff in the agenda at
18:04 slef #link[…]eting,_2_May_2012
18:05 slef #  KohaCon12 Schedule basically full but needs sorting
18:05 slef #  Over 40 registrations, so about 30% of capacity. Expecting a flurry of fairly local ones when schedule announced.
18:05 slef #  About £1100 short on sponsorship? Please beg the firms not yet listed on to help make the conference better. Otherwise, it will go ahead but it might be slightly bare-bones.
18:05 cait perhaps a mail to the list?
18:05 slef the comments from that meeting are at
18:05 slef #link http://meetings.koha-community[…].00.log.html#l-46
18:05 slef cait: to find more sponsors?
18:05 cait yes
18:06 cait that more sponsorships are needed
18:06 cait not a lot of people at the meeting yesterday
18:06 slef that would be good... my next priority is to email potential sponsors directly, based on a list S made
18:06 slef so if someone else could repeat/boost the call for sponsors, that would be a big help
18:06 slef otherwise I'll get to it after that
18:07 slef there's also a suggestion to put a donate button on the front page
18:07 slef do people like that?
18:07 jcamins +1
18:08 thd +1
18:08 cait +1
18:08 cait if it doesn't take too much time
18:08 cait so basically we need more money, something else?
18:09 slef I think it's fairly simple to do. Who here can edit the website?
18:09 cait I think only around 30 days now! :)
18:09 jcamins Even just adding a link that says "Sponsor KohaCon12" on the right might be a good idea.
18:09 cait I think wizzyrea
18:10 cait not sure how to edit the right navigaton
18:10 slef I can do that.
18:10 cait I can try to do it myself
18:10 cait ah
18:10 slef I think it's Links
18:10 cait let me try and I will find you if I don't manage?
18:10 slef ok, thanks
18:10 thd Nothing should stop anyone from donating something during or after the event, however, they could not then have the same sponsorship credit as others.
18:11 cait #action cait: put a donate link on the front page
18:11 cait I think after might be a bit late for this kohacon
18:11 slef thd: yes, deadlines will soon impinge.
18:11 cait can only be used for next
18:11 slef cait: depends how late we pay the suppliers, but that's a bit nasty.
18:11 cait and you would have to know that the money will get in
18:12 cait I think we should really sort it out before the event :)
18:12 slef yeah
18:12 cait ok
18:12 cait slef, will you send out a reminder to the list then?
18:12 slef ok
18:12 slef #action slef to send reminder to the list about sponsorship
18:12 cait #action slef: sends a reminder about sponsorship to the mailing list
18:12 slef dup!
18:12 cait :)
18:12 cait you type faster
18:12 cait ok
18:12 cait next topic?
18:12 cait #topic Conference Schedule
18:12 Topic for #koha is now Conference Schedule
18:13 slef #link[…]ohaCon12_Schedule
18:13 slef took me three goes to paste that :-/
18:14 slef no action since last week, due to illness and other unexpected events, so next action is to summarise last meeting's reviews, plus the two late paper reviews that Brooke has done
18:14 slef then contact the GDC presenters to encourage merges
18:14 slef and schedule it
18:14 cait ok
18:14 slef Can anyone help?
18:14 cait so no program this week?
18:15 slef not today
18:15 cait I think we should try to get that sorted soon - so people waiting on the program start to register
18:15 cait whatkind of help do you need?
18:15 thd cait++
18:16 cait slef: would a spreadsheet with a summary of our last meeting help?
18:17 thd There have certainly been conferences for which I had not registered until I the presentations had been posted.
18:17 slef cait: yes. scrawling it into[…]2_Schedule#Papers would help
18:17 cait yes, I think we need to hurry up a bit
18:17 cait hm not sure how to compress the information so it can go there
18:18 slef mostly we agreed, so can summarise hi, medium or low and the audience as dev, lib or mix
18:18 cait perhaps we should also put the abstracts online for the talks that do not require change?
18:18 slef yes, indeed. I suggest on
18:18 cait slef: so medium medium high would be medium?
18:19 cait slef: i thought perhaps in the wiki and link from the schedule table?
18:19 slef cait: that's what I was going to do, with me as a tie-break vote if needed, but I'm happy for it to be you
18:19 slef cait: wiki is temporary. Needs moving to the more public place ASAP
18:20 cait hm ok
18:20 slef cait: but could put it in the wiki and I'll copy it later
18:20 slef up to you
18:20 cait will still gather as many of the abstracts as I can find there first - so you can fill blanks
18:20 slef who does wins
18:20 slef I can probably paste all the abstracts fairly quickly
18:20 cait will probably be friday - I am off work on friday, so have some time to srot this out
18:20 slef it's summarising the reviews that is difficult
18:21 thd I think that posting even a potential list of papers would help obtain additional registrations and possibly more sponsorship, even in the absence of confirmation and detailed schedule.
18:22 slef cait: OK if I paste abstracts before that? I think only the GDC five required significant changes
18:22 slef required/we would request
18:22 cait totally ok
18:22 slef #agreed slef to post full abstracts to wiki unless changes were requested
18:22 slef #agreed cait to summarise reviews, probably Friday
18:23 cait #topic Hackfest Schedule
18:23 Topic for #koha is now Hackfest Schedule
18:23 cait I have posted 2 ideas on the wiki page
18:23 cait I am a bit stuck on it
18:23 slef well
18:23 cait we have 2 long presentations / workshops
18:23 slef I think we have five papers, plus the bugsquash idea
18:23 cait where not all might be interested in
18:24 slef and there are six half-days
18:24 cait especially the debian packaging is probably more a hands on training
18:24 cait we can spread it equally - but that will mean people don#t get to work much on topics that are on the last day
18:24 cait or we can try to put it into the first days and then start working on things we learned
18:24 cait not sure what is better
18:24 cait and how to spread it out between mornings and afternoons
18:25 slef me neither
18:25 cait I hoped for some input :)
18:25 jcamins I'd suggest no long workshops after lunch.
18:25 cait yeah
18:25 cait I was hoping for people to hack in the afternoons mostly
18:25 jcamins So I'd vote for option 2.
18:25 cait digesting what they heard in the mornings and leaving room for some spontanous things
18:25 slef ok
18:26 jcamins And I think the order makes sense, too.
18:26 cait and has someone a better idea about the Groups report? (term I mean?)
18:26 slef I think it's important to kick the bugsquash off early
18:26 slef cait: feedback?
18:26 cait the idea was that people talk about what they have worked on during the day
18:26 cait or ideas that came up
18:26 jcamins The most people will be interested in TT, followed by Plack, with SIP being interesting to the smallest number of people.
18:26 slef jcamins: yes, I think TT should be early.
18:26 cait we could start squashing bugs on monday afternoon
18:26 cait keeping some kind of score during the days
18:26 jcamins cait++
18:27 cait jcamins: that was my thinking, hope that's ok with you all too
18:27 cait i think sip is smallest group
18:27 cait and put template toolkit before plack, because it's a bit less technical
18:28 slef ok... next question: do you want both the package workshops in the same day?
18:28 slef I can see arguments for and against it
18:28 jcamins slef: the problem I see with that is that you end up having 4 straight hours on packaging, two of those immediately after lunch, which means everyone will fall asleep.
18:29 slef Aye. The benefit is that you only lose one day to package work and could have two days spent on core hacking.
18:29 cait slef: I think both on same day is a bit much
18:30 cait so I prefer the second schedule a bit
18:30 cait we could move the sip server talk into the afternoon
18:30 cait which would make friday free to play
18:30 jcamins cait: yeah, that would make sense.
18:30 thd I like the idea of a progressive degree of accessibility starting with template toolkit.
18:30 slef jcamins: I think we have to trust people not to gorge so much at lunch that they fall asleep.
18:30 cait slef: dangerous :)
18:31 jcamins slef: well, there's trusting people, then there's making it that much easier for them to be trustworthy. ;)
18:31 slef jcamins: and we have to trust cait to bring so much chocolate and the co-ops to bring so much coffee, everyone will be running laps around the walls.
18:31 jcamins lol
18:31 cait please refresh page
18:31 cait I made some changes to number 2
18:31 oleonard slef: it worked for the marseille hackfest
18:32 cait slef: who said I will bring chocolate? :)
18:32 thd which page?
18:32 jcamins cait: I like option two.
18:32 cait everyone has to bring chocolate! :)
18:32 slef thd:[…]ohaCon12_Schedule I think
18:32 jcamins As you have it now.
18:32 jcamins That makes a lot of sense.
18:32 cait slef: what do you think?
18:32 slef cait: looks good to me.
18:32 cait and please - another word for groups report? or is that ok, reads wrong :)
18:32 slef cait: feedback?
18:33 cait ah
18:33 cait feedback is good
18:33 cait I will put a short explanation above
18:33 slef I have seen it called "feedback to plenary" but plenary is not really a common English word I think.
18:34 cait hm and it's long :)
18:34 slef as in I have been in plenary sessions that were split into groups ;)
18:34 cait "Feedback" ? :)
18:34 slef cait: bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooo​ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeee
18:34 * slef screeches at cait
18:34 cait oh
18:34 cait what have I done?
18:34 * cait hides behind jcamins
18:34 slef sorry... thought you wanted some feedback
18:35 cait rofl
18:35 slef heh that'll be a cool way to stop people talking when it's time for the feedback session
18:35 cait you have the hat tonight ;)
18:35 cait ok
18:35 slef sorry
18:35 cait latest version in wiki
18:35 cait if someone hates it - we can still reschedule
18:36 jcamins Looks good to me.
18:36 slef hmm
18:36 thd I think that we should have some group reports at the end of each day for which there are divided tracks.
18:36 slef no free hack time in first two mornings if you like all talks
18:37 jcamins thd: I think "Feedback" covers that well enough.
18:37 cait I think we will have not all people attending to the packaging
18:37 slef yeah I guess not
18:37 cait so the short talks first in the morning
18:38 cait and people can decide to work on that or work on something else
18:38 slef ok
18:38 cait not sure it will work - we will see then and there
18:38 thd Have we suggested 'feedback' for the end of each day?
18:38 slef yeah true we can play if needed, but this is a good working plan
18:38 cait thd: check the schedule - there is one block at 4 everyday
18:38 jcamins thd: yes, there's a schedule proposed on the wiki.
18:38 cait perhaps we could also have on ein the morning for friday?
18:39 slef cait: friday?
18:39 cait #link[…]edule#Other_ideas
18:39 wahanui friday is It's Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
18:39 cait oh monday
18:39 cait sory
18:39 slef np
18:39 slef all work and no play makes cait a dull boy
18:39 * thd had glanced so quickly at the schedule table that rows and columns had been inverted in his mind.
18:40 cait boy?
18:40 slef cait: hey, I didn't make the saying up.
18:41 slef speaking of mind inversions, can we move on to the next topic before thd makes another entry in the bizarre statement contest? ;-)
18:41 cait #Topic Next meeting
18:41 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting
18:41 slef Next Wednesday, same time?
18:41 cait yep
18:41 cait +1
18:41 slef #agreed Next Wednesday, same time
18:42 cait #endmeeting
18:42 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.8.0, 3.6.4 and 3.4.8 Now Available | Koha Community Website - | General IRC meeting, 2 May 2012 at 2:00 UTC+0
18:42 huginn Meeting ended Wed May  2 18:41:45 2012 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
18:42 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-05-02-18.01.html
18:42 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]2-05-02-18.01.txt
18:42 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]02-18.01.log.html
18:42 * slef waits for the hammer to fall
18:42 cait don't get your hand under it
18:42 * slef got beat by it
18:42 cait lolo
18:42 cait or lol even
18:42 slef no yolo then?
18:43 slef ok, thanks everyone
18:43 jcamins Well done. Only 40 minutes.
18:44 * slef returns to collapsing
18:44 thd slef: My previous entry into the bizarre statements had been inspired by wahanui.
18:45 oleonard Who proposed "A Road Map to Improved Koha Governance?" Or is it secret for papers under review?
18:45 jcamins oleonard: I think they were all accepted.
18:45 slef oleonard: it'll be in last week's log in the paste therein
18:45 jcamins (and therefore it need not be secret)
18:45 slef I'm next to it, so I'll get it
18:45 jcamins Bob Birchall, I think.
18:46 slef oh no not in the pastebin
18:46 slef meh
18:46 * oleonard is going by[…]2_Schedule#Papers
18:46 slef let me get the abstracts now
18:46 oleonard Many under "reviewing" jcamins
18:46 cait oleonard: slef will update :)
18:46 cait it's on his list :P
18:46 jcamins oleonard: updating that is one of slef's actions.
18:46 thd Presenters should be included in the list of accepted papers.
18:47 oleonard Okay, I'm in no hurry (and I wasn't paying close attention to the meeting sorry)
18:47 * oleonard is trying to keep jealously-levels down
18:47 cait ooh :(
18:47 thd oleonard: There are no secrets which are not secret from me.
18:49 thd oleonard: We are also not 'something enough' to yet have need for anonymous review of papers or bugs.
18:49 wahanui okay, thd.
18:49 oleonard We?
18:49 wahanui We are talking about ms outlook here... or not 'something enough' to yet have need for anonymous review of papers or bugs.
18:50 thd oleonard: We, the koha communal we.
18:50 * oleonard was merely poking wahanui
18:50 cait whanui: forget we
18:50 wahanui cait: I forgot we
18:52 thd Many peer review procedures have anonymous review for papers.  Does anyone ever do anonymous patch review?
18:52 thd s/bugs/patches/
18:52 jcamins thd: not for Koha.
18:53 thd jcamins: I meant for the world.
18:53 jcamins thd: I'm not sure.
18:54 jcamins A quick Google search doesn't turn much up.
18:54 jcamins I don't see how that could work, though.
18:55 thd jcamins: I imagine that it could work in the same way that anonymous peer review works to some degree for academic journals.
18:56 thd jcamins: It involves an additional anonymising layer in the work flow.
18:56 jcamins I mean, not that academic peer review is necessarily that successful at keeping things anonymous, but at least there are a lot more PhDs in mechanical engineering than there are developers in most development projects.
18:58 thd The veil of anonymity would be especially thin and probably conflict with other universal project goals such as keeping people aware of what your development efforts.
19:00 thd The only project which comes to mind where anonymity in patch review might help overcome a problem is Linux kernel development.
19:00 vfernandes joined #koha
19:04 * thd heads to the laundry.
19:06 cait slef: the great wizzyrea has put the donate button on the front page :)
19:06 cait wizzyrea++
19:06 wizzyrea (but it looks funny - is there another paypal graphic we can use?
19:06 magnuse wizzyrea++
19:07 wizzyrea well it's better anyway
19:10 wizzyrea ok, now I feel at least not terrible about it
19:10 wizzyrea bbiab, installing software
19:17 slef[…]chedule#Abstracts posted, except the ones we're definitely asking for changes on. Let me know if I've mispasted anything... or just edit it out, please?
19:18 magnuse g`night #koha
19:19 oleonard Looks like a great slate of talks
19:22 * chris_n wonders what the toxicity level is for java
19:27 oleonard How much java programming you can do before you die?
19:28 chris_n it tastes good going down...
19:45 jcamins o.O
19:45 jcamins Oh, never mind.
19:45 jcamins Looks like the RSS feed is acting up.
19:50 jcamins Would it (theoretically) be possible to return "404: this record does not exist" when someone enters an invalid biblionumber rather than the standard 404 page?
19:54 oleonard Oh, I figured out how to get Chome to eat memory like Firefox
19:54 slef oleonard: congratulations!
19:54 oleonard Ask it to clear the cache since the beginning of time.
19:54 jcamins Ironic, isn't it? All you wanted to do was reduce its resource usage!
19:55 slef jcamins: maybe. It is possible to set a different errordocument for that path?
19:55 wizzyrea joined #koha
19:56 jcamins slef: well, it's
19:58 jcamins Ah, just check REDIRECT_URL.
19:58 jcamins Cool.
19:58 jcamins And with that thought, it's time to call it a day.
19:58 jcamins So long, #koha.
20:00 wizzyrea joined #koha
20:08 kathryn joined #koha
20:14 cait morning kathryn
20:14 kathryn heya cait
20:29 * chris_n follows oleonard's example and heads home
20:40 wizzyrea joined #koha
20:48 Soupermanito joined #koha
20:51 cait night all
20:51 cait left #koha
21:24 maximep left #koha
21:24 jcamins_away You know what would hugely improve performance?
21:25 jcamins_away On the OPAC, anyway, cache the error pages.
21:41 edveal left #koha
21:43 melia wizzyrea: you around?
21:43 * wizzyrea waves
21:43 wizzyrea sup
21:44 melia I am looking at the sql reports library at your report for finding duplicate holds
21:44 wizzyrea reports library?
21:44 wahanui it has been said that reports library is found at[…]L_Reports_Library
21:44 wizzyrea (just wanted the link)
21:44 wizzyrea ok shoot
21:44 melia but am curious about "do note that it doesn't necessarily mean anything as processes done on one will do the same to the other"
21:45 wizzyrea right, this report only detects them, but you can't DO anything to them through the UI
21:45 wizzyrea if that makes sense
21:45 wizzyrea you can't delete them
21:45 melia so how does one get rid of them? (and how did they get there to start with?)
21:45 wizzyrea they got there when a patron or staff member double clicked the "place hold" button
21:46 wizzyrea there is relatively recent code that adds a javascript trap for double clicks
21:46 wizzyrea kyle did it I think
21:46 wizzyrea i'm sure it's in 3.8, i'm not sure if it's in 3.6
21:46 melia ok, that makes sense. the library that's asking is on 3.6 still.
21:46 wizzyrea bug 4054
21:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4054 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , Double-clicking the 'place hold' button can result in duplicate holds
21:47 melia thank you very much@
21:47 wizzyrea yw :)
21:47 wizzyrea as far as getting rid of them
21:47 wizzyrea you don't have to
21:47 wizzyrea yes, it's weird
21:47 wizzyrea but they complete and work just like every other hold
21:48 melia awesome. if they'll just disappear happily on their own, that's great. :)
21:48 wizzyrea so, just tell the staff (and they can tell their patron) "these will clear in time"
21:48 wizzyrea yep, they do
21:51 trea joined #koha
21:54 chris_n is there not dup check for holds in the holds code?
22:02 jcamins_away I don't think there is.
22:13 chris_n interesting that the reserves table has no PK
22:17 gmcharlt interesting indeed
22:19 gmcharlt for painful definitions of "interesting" ;)
22:19 chris_n a PK made up of borrowernumber and biblionumber probably would eliminate the possability of dups
22:19 chris_n or itemnumber rather?
22:19 chris_n depending
22:19 * chris_n is no circulation whiz
22:19 gmcharlt which is where it could get tricky
22:20 gmcharlt in principle somebody could want both a title-level and copy-level hold on the same title
22:20 chris_n in which case it may be better to have an autoincr pk and have the code catch dups based on rules?
22:20 gmcharlt IMO, yes
22:21 chris_n this probably deserves its very own bug :-)
22:37 jcamins_away chris_n: it has one.
22:37 jcamins_away kyleh wrote a patch, which I commented on.
22:37 jcamins_away @query primary key
22:37 huginn jcamins_away: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7065 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , reserves table needs a primary key
22:37 huginn jcamins_away: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7671 major, P5 - low, ---, stephane.delaune, Needs Signoff , add a real primary key "accountlinesid" in accountlines
22:37 huginn jcamins_away: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7792 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, stephane.delaune, Needs Signoff , redefine the field branchcode as PRIMARY KEY of branches
22:37 huginn jcamins_away: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7793 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, stephane.delaune, Needs Signoff , redefine the field message_id as PRIMARY KEY of message_queue
22:37 huginn jcamins_away: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7794 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, stephane.delaune, Needs Signoff , redefine the field id as PRIMARY KEY of sessions
22:38 jcamins_away Bug 7065
22:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7065 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , reserves table needs a primary key
22:38 jcamins_away That's the one.
22:39 chris_n that needs pushing
22:40 chris_n but the problem is a bit deeper as the backend fails to do any dup checking
22:40 * chris_n runs off to the next scheduled event of the evening
22:41 jcamins_away chris_n: I commented on why I didn't like the proposed patch.
22:46 jcamins_away Oh, there is a new patch.
22:46 jcamins_away From today.
22:46 jcamins_away Huh. Didn't notice that.
23:10 papa joined #koha
23:35 matts_away joined #koha
23:46 Judit joined #koha
23:46 Judit good morning

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary