IRC log for #koha, 2012-03-16

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:14 melia left #koha
00:47 Soupermanito joined #koha
01:35 kathryn joined #koha
01:50 rangi !jenkins build koha_master now
01:50 jenkins_koha rangi: job koha_master build scheduled now
01:50 jenkins_koha Starting build #657 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #644 8 j 9 h ago)
01:55 cjh_ joined #koha
02:02 Soupermanito left #koha
02:21 ago43 joined #koha
02:32 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #657: STILL UNSTABLE in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/657/
02:42 kathryn joined #koha
02:43 wizzyrea joined #koha
03:31 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:31 Amit_Gupta heya bag
03:35 bag heya Amit_Gupta
03:59 ago43 joined #koha
04:06 Penggu joined #koha
04:06 Penggu hi all
04:08 Penggu i was thinking of a way to have a very quick import system for new items:
04:08 Penggu 1) scan barcode at the back of the book (isbn/issn),
04:08 Penggu 2) scan our barcode label on the item
04:08 Penggu 3) goto (1)
04:09 Penggu in the meantime, system will use (2) to match or search and import marc records automatically
04:09 Penggu and just flag the ones with no match without interrupting workflow
04:09 Penggu and later on, librarian can inspect the mismatches and complete the records
04:10 Penggu it would be nice to have it in a datasheet format (similar to checks ins/outs)
04:10 Penggu how difficult would it be to do something like this? i suppose such a facility doesn't already exist in koha?
04:47 hdl joined #koha
05:32 cait joined #koha
05:32 cait hi #koha
05:38 akosh joined #koha
05:38 akosh Hi to all
05:40 akosh pidarasti
05:41 akosh is anybody here?
05:41 akosh i need your help very
05:51 bag what's up
05:52 bag or what are you having trouble with?
05:58 Oak joined #koha
06:10 akosh i have to put informer in main page? how I do it?
06:21 bag what's informer?
06:25 sturmtruppen joined #koha
06:25 sturmtruppen morning #koha
06:27 bag evening
06:27 sturmtruppen us man...
06:27 bag west coast man
06:27 cait morning sturmtruppen :)
06:27 sturmtruppen very nice coast
06:28 sturmtruppen morning cait
06:28 sturmtruppen my wedding travel was on west coast
06:29 akosh informer with html code "<a href=""><img src="" border="0" /></a>"
06:30 bag heya cait
06:35 Brooke joined #koha
06:35 Brooke o/
06:35 Oak kia ora #koha
06:35 Oak guten tag cait
06:35 Brooke kia ora Oak
06:35 Oak o hello Brooke
06:42 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
06:49 sturmtruppen little question:
06:49 cait @wunder Konstanz
06:49 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 2.8°C (7:49 AM CET on March 16, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Windchill: 3.0°C. Pressure: 30.34 in 1027.3 hPa (Rising).
06:49 sturmtruppen is it possible scan a bar code and obtain the isbn of the book in koha?
06:50 cait with z39.50 download
06:50 cait but you have to do them one by one
06:50 cait in cataloging
06:50 cait z39.50 search
06:50 cait cursor into isbn field ... scan, search, choose
06:50 sturmtruppen one by one...
06:50 cait yeah
06:50 cait often you will find more than one record
06:50 sturmtruppen yeah
06:51 cait @wunder Konstanz
06:51 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 2.8°C (7:49 AM CET on March 16, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Windchill: 3.0°C. Pressure: 30.34 in 1027.3 hPa (Rising).
06:51 cait hm
06:51 cait @wunder Dortmund
06:51 huginn cait: The current temperature in Dortmund, Germany is 10.0°C (7:20 AM CET on March 16, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 54%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Steady).
06:51 sturmtruppen i prefer the line command
06:51 sturmtruppen nice trick cait...
06:51 cait I think thre are tools to help with what you want to do
06:51 cait but it's not in koha
06:51 cait to take isbns and find records for those
06:52 cait perhaps ask again later or on the list
06:52 akosh how I can know koha's version
06:52 cait it's on the about page
06:52 cait in staff interface, go to the more pull down > about koha
06:52 sturmtruppen the real problem is that i have 2000 written isbn without dash (-)
06:52 cait hm
06:52 akosh ok, i'll try
06:52 cait unimarc right?
06:53 cait inmarc21 that's the normal way to write it, but I think different for unimarc
06:53 cait and it makes more sense with dashes
06:53 sturmtruppen and the italian sbn don't found much of that because they haven't dash
06:53 cait sturmtruppen: not sure at all and have to catch my bus :(
06:53 sturmtruppen ok
06:54 sturmtruppen next time, or someone else or internet, or... ineed to study much more....
06:54 laurence joined #koha
06:54 akosh where is it, i couldn't find
06:54 akosh where is "about" page
06:55 akosh someone can help me?
06:55 Brooke do you know about MARCedit?
06:55 sturmtruppen i'm looking for your abswer, i'm newbie too
06:55 Brooke akosh are you on the OPAC side of things and not the Staff client?
06:56 akosh no I'm logged in as administrator
06:56 sturmtruppen int the Staff session, you have to click in About Koha
06:57 sturmtruppen on my system is
06:59 akosh sturmtruppen you are genius
06:59 akosh i find it, but in the form about Koha version empty
07:00 jransom joined #koha
07:00 sturmtruppen mh
07:00 sturmtruppen did you install koha on debian by repository?
07:02 Brooke did you get it from ?
07:02 akosh no I didn't
07:02 sturmtruppen which answer...?
07:03 akosh i has been installed by Korean volounteers
07:04 sturmtruppen akosh: you downloaded the source from where?
07:04 akosh and in koha about page, there is written "rilcis"
07:05 akosh I don't know
07:06 akosh and in koha about page, there is written "rilcis" instead of "koha"
07:06 akosh Do you think this is the reason why koha's version was not shown
07:07 sturmtruppen akosh: maybe you have to wait someone more expert than me... sorry! :(
07:08 akosh ok, all the same you helped very much, thank you
07:09 akosh by the way do you know how to add counter to opac's main page?
07:10 sturmtruppen a counter? why do you need a counte on opac?
07:10 sturmtruppen btw, I do not know....yet. I will learn.
07:10 akosh ok,
07:17 mbalmer joined #koha
07:20 alex_a bonjour
07:22 mbalmer bonjour
07:23 sturmtruppen akosh: are you on linux?
07:25 akosh yes
07:25 akosh red hat
07:25 sturmtruppen ok, try this:
07:25 sturmtruppen grep INSTALLED koha/misc/koha-install-log
07:26 Brooke no no
07:26 sturmtruppen this will show you the version of KOHA you have installed
07:26 Brooke if they got it from
07:26 Brooke it's not koha
07:26 Brooke and they need to redownload from
07:26 Brooke cause that's the one we support
07:26 sturmtruppen Brooke: to me?
07:26 Brooke to you both
07:26 akosh Brooke you can visit our site
07:27 sturmtruppen ah, ok... i did not know it's from
07:27 akosh koha has been customized by Korean volounteers
07:27 Brooke the initial version
07:28 Brooke the one that they customised
07:28 Brooke is from where?
07:28 sturmtruppen Brooke: sorry, i do not want to teach anyone on kha...just want to help :)
07:28 Brooke don't be sorry
07:28 Brooke you had all the right thoughts
07:28 akosh sturmtruppen you have already helped me :)
07:29 akosh yes
07:29 reiveune joined #koha
07:29 magnuse the source code says <meta name="generator" content="Koha 3.0002012" />
07:29 Brooke akosh that's the OPAC
07:29 magnuse and kia ora #koha
07:29 reiveune hello
07:29 wahanui que tal, reiveune
07:29 Brooke you need to be on the staff side to grab the about page
07:29 magnuse s/source code/source/
07:32 akosh this is about page screenshot link ""
07:36 cait-m_ joined #koha
07:37 cait-m_ hi koha
07:37 sturmtruppen hi, modifies version of cait...
07:37 mbalmer hi cait
07:37 sturmtruppen modified
07:38 cait-m i am on a train :-)
07:40 magnuse guten morgen cait-on-a-train
07:42 cait-m morning magnus
07:42 * Brooke makes the doppler noise.
07:42 magnuse for me?
07:44 cait-m now she is gone
07:44 magnuse oh noes
07:44 julian_m joined #koha
07:44 sturmtruppen another little question: when i scan the barcode for the isbn, can i obtain the dash in the right palce or i obtain just the sequences of number?
07:44 magnuse perhaps she fell asleep
07:44 sturmtruppen *place
07:46 magnuse sturmtruppen: not sure, might depend on the scanner?
07:47 mbalmer sturmtruppen you only get the numbers from a scanner.
07:47 sturmtruppen ok, so i do not need
07:48 cait-m i think stripping them out would work
07:48 cait-m but not putting them back in - can't work
07:49 sturmtruppen again: which is the css i need to modified to change the layout of the opac?
07:51 cait-m there are different options
07:51 cait-m bit you perhaps mean opacuservss
07:51 paul_p joined #koha
07:51 cait-m morning paul
07:54 sturmtruppen there is no opacusercss, opacuser.css or somethings else
07:54 cait-m it is a,system pref
07:54 sturmtruppen ah, ok
07:54 cait-m you don't want to edit css files
07:55 sturmtruppen why not?
07:56 cait-m because you want to update without headache
07:56 cait-m and you have options
07:56 sturmtruppen're right
07:57 cait-m there are also prefs for using your own files
07:57 cait-m search for css
07:57 wahanui joined #koha
07:58 sturmtruppen ok. thanks
07:58 magnuse or have a look here: http://manual.koha-community.o[…]6/en/impopac.html
08:02 sophie_m joined #koha
08:03 cait-m hi sophie :-)
08:03 sophie_m hi cait-m :-)
08:03 sophie_m is your suitcase ready ?
08:04 sturmtruppen thank magnuse
08:05 hdl joined #koha
08:05 asaurat joined #koha
08:06 cait-m all packed but first going to dortmund today
08:06 cait-m distance study exam
08:07 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:08 asaurat cait-m !! oh ! good luck :)
08:09 cait-m thx!
08:10 paul_p hello world.
08:10 paul_p is it my hotel or bugzilla is down ?
08:10 cait-m hello pail
08:10 cait-m paul
08:10 paul_p hi cait-m !
08:10 gaetan_B hello
08:10 wahanui hey, gaetan_B
08:10 gaetan_B o/
08:11 asaurat bz seems to work
08:11 cait-m hi gaetan
08:11 clrh hello all
08:12 magnuse paul_p: bz worked a moment ago for me
08:12 paul_p I get "connexion reinitialized" when trying :(
08:13 cait-m hm,works for me
08:15 Guillaume joined #koha
08:16 paul_p strange... it works well on chrome, but not on FF
08:16 magnuse works in ff for me
08:17 cait-m n9 browser works too
08:17 paul_p it must be something with my FF...
08:18 francharb joined #koha
08:18 francharb hi
08:18 wahanui hola, francharb
08:25 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
08:55 sturmtruppen where i can add a picture of the book?
08:58 cait-m there are different ways
08:58 cait-m you already took a lpic yourself
08:58 cait-m ?
08:59 sturmtruppen i have an image i can use, if it's what you mean...
08:59 cait-m localcover
08:59 cait-m will be available on 3.8
09:00 cait-m sorry for the typos
09:00 cait-m i am on rhe phone
09:00 sturmtruppen mmm, i have to wait....but i can solve in another way.. no pb.
09:00 cait-m ypu can get covers ffom openlibrary
09:01 sturmtruppen now, i will create a new machine and test openlibrary
09:01 sturmtruppen i have to learn as much as i can
09:02 magnuse sturmtruppen: take a look at the "Enhanced Content" section of the system preferences
09:04 sturmtruppen magnuse:  arrgghhhh, alredy shoutdown the vm..... i copy your tips and i'll do this night. thanks!
09:05 magnuse np :-)
09:13 cait joined #koha
09:14 * cait waves
09:14 * magnuse waves back
09:14 magnuse on your laptop now?
09:14 cait yep
09:14 cait but tunnels...
09:14 magnuse hang in there!
09:15 cait trying :)
09:15 cait black forrest
09:15 magnuse[…]ug_squashing_week
09:16 cait ya
09:23 * paul_p leaves hotel to catch his plane. See you later
09:23 magnuse have fun paul_p
09:23 cait-m joined #koha
09:23 paul_p (and when I say "see", i'm thinking to cait & oleonard & others that i'll really "see" soon :D :D )
09:24 cait-m hmm?
09:24 cait-m tunnels--
09:25 cait tunnels--
09:56 logbot joined #koha
09:56 Topic for #koha is now General IRC Meeting 21 March 18.00 UTC
09:59 paul_p joined #koha
10:00 paul_p limoges-airport++ ! free & really unlimited (all ports open) wifi !
10:15 magnuse paul_p: yay!
10:16 paul_p oups, I forgot to say thx to magnuse in my mail for the chocolate he sent ;-)
10:16 magnuse hehe
10:16 cait-m magnuse++
10:17 cait-m waitong for my next train now
10:17 cait-m paul_p: flying home?
10:17 paul_p cait-m yep.
10:17 cait-m :-)
10:18 paul_p in the smallest plane ever = ATR-42, 45 seats, 1m80 height (it's fun with my 1m94...)
10:18 cait-m heh
10:18 cait-m be careful _
10:18 magnuse mind your head paul_p ;-)
10:18 cait-m we will need your head next week
10:19 paul_p limoges international airport... really international as there are 2 lines for GB with Ryanair.
10:19 paul_p but there are less than 10 take-off every ... DAY... that's the tiniest airport i've ever been too ;-)
10:21 magnuse hehe, sounds like some norwegian ariports i could think of
10:22 cait-m i think my smallest aeroplane so far was one from air lingus to dublin
10:23 cait-m but was fun :-)
10:24 magnuse my smallest plane had 5 seats...
10:26 cait-m oh wow
10:26 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
10:27 cait-m i think you win :-)
10:28 magnuse woohoo! ;-)
10:28 magnuse nice:
11:02 Oak joined #koha
11:02 Oak kia ora #koha
11:02 Oak magnuse
11:10 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
11:16 cait-m joined #koha
11:17 * jcamins_away waves to cait-m.
11:18 cait-m :-)
11:25 Oak wb cait-m
11:26 collum joined #koha
11:37 juan_sieira_ joined #koha
11:39 cait joined #koha
11:40 * cait waves
11:40 * jcamins_away waves back.
11:40 jcamins_away @later tell paul_p I wrote a patch to fix the error on Jenkins. Bug 7724.
11:40 huginn jcamins_away: The operation succeeded.
11:42 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
11:43 Oak wb cait
11:43 cait hi Oak ;)
11:43 Oak ooh winky cait
11:43 Oak or may be the shift key
11:43 cait may be
11:43 nengard joined #koha
11:44 Oak we'll never know
11:44 jwagner joined #koha
11:44 Oak how was the journey?
11:44 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7656 - "undefined" pop-up message when putting hold on reference item <[…]f7d32ae33bd6732c2> / welcome David Cook, you're 178th <[…]463fa1e4dd31fd140> / Bug 7618 Escape HTML special characters for SQL displayed above results in Report... <http://git.koha-
11:45 magnuse bug 7724
11:45 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7724 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Tests requiring Zebra should be skipped if Zebra isn't set up
11:45 jcamins magnuse: feeling in the mood to sign off?
11:45 cait heh
11:45 magnuse um, i have an error in sco i need to look at first
11:46 jenkins_koha Starting build #658 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #644 8 j 19 h ago)
11:46 jcamins We've got that one, and 7702, and 7701, and 7617, and 7600. :)
11:48 magnuse and look, someone did a patch for Bug 7696, which someone else reported... ;-)
11:48 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7696 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , NORMARC lacks staff results XSLT
11:48 jcamins Ooh!
11:48 jcamins Ten ticks and I'll sign off. :)
11:48 magnuse :-)
11:49 magnuse "small arachnids in the order Ixodida"?
11:49 jcamins Hehe.
12:04 jcamins Hm. paul_p's point on bug 7092 is a good one.
12:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7092 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Failed QA , Complete-subfield searches TraceCompleteSubfields syspref not working correctly
12:04 magnuse yeah, guess it is
12:04 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7670 - make required fields red <[…]111ae80bebe0d18d8>
12:05 magnuse guess i better do a new patch
12:05 cait magnuse: will this work for marc21 too?
12:05 jcamins magnuse: A global find-and-replace should fix it.
12:06 cait I think I noticed the problem in one of our installations
12:06 jcamins If you can do it in the next ten minutes, I'll sign off.
12:06 magnuse cait: which one were you thinking about?
12:06 cait {} vs ""
12:06 jcamins magnuse: actually, if I make the change, will you sign off?
12:06 cait I noticed a problem when searching for uncontrolleds subjects containing psaces and -
12:06 cait I can try
12:06 cait but probably not before next week
12:07 * jcamins looks at the time.
12:07 cait yeah, still on a train ;)
12:07 jcamins Hrm. No, I guess I don't quite have time.
12:07 magnuse cait: the initial patch works only for marc21 - i implement it for normarc in another patch
12:07 cait oh
12:07 cait !
12:07 magnuse ...which will need changing too
12:08 magnuse jcamins: would just replacing the text in the patch work? or will that produce an invalid patch, somehow?
12:08 jcamins magnuse: I don't think you can replace it in a patch, but I use the following procedure for this sort of thing:
12:08 magnuse hm, the description needs changing too
12:08 jcamins git commit --amend to get the list of all the files touched.
12:09 jcamins vim (list of files)
12:09 jcamins :%s/TracingQuotes/ICUQuotes/g
12:09 jcamins :wn
12:09 jcamins (rinse, repeat)
12:10 jcamins When you get to the last file, run :wq, then hit the up arrow to bring back the vim command line, Ctrl-A to go to the beginning, delete key three times, type git add, hit enter.
12:10 jcamins git commit --amend
12:10 jcamins (change message)
12:11 jcamins Yeah, I've done this a few times.
12:11 cait magic!
12:11 * magnuse is impressed
12:11 magnuse yeah, if you do a new patch i'll sign off
12:11 jcamins I'd do it now, except I don't quite have time before I go to meet with the contractors again.
12:11 jcamins .
12:12 magnuse ah, i'll do a patch then
12:12 jcamins Thanks.
12:12 magnuse np
12:12 jcamins I'll sign off over the weekend. :)
12:12 * jcamins runs to meet the contractors.
12:16 magnuse hm, what would a good name for the syspref, i wonder? "UsingICU"
12:16 magnuse ICUinUse
12:21 slef UseICU ?
12:21 cait UseICU sounds good to me I think
12:22 cait nice and short
12:22 magnuse yeah, but that sort of sounds more like you can turn icu on and off with it
12:22 magnuse oh well, i guess there has to be a not about that not being the case anyway
12:26 tcohen joined #koha
12:27 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #658: STILL UNSTABLE in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/658/
12:27 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7644 - Invalid markup in staff client language chooser
12:27 jenkins_koha * 7368 Typo in cart_to_shelf
12:27 jenkins_koha * dcook: Bug 7618 Escape HTML special characters for SQL displayed above results in Report module
12:27 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: welcome David Cook, you're 178th
12:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7644 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Invalid markup in staff client language chooser
12:27 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7656 - "undefined" pop-up message when putting hold on reference item
12:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7618 minor, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Master , HTML special characters break result table and incorrectly show SQL in Run This Report
12:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7656 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha.sekjal, Pushed to Master , "undefined" pop-up message when putting hold on reference item
12:27 jenkins_koha Starting build #659 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #644 8 j 20 h ago)
12:35 NateC joined #koha
12:40 maximep joined #koha
12:42 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:43 maximep left #koha
12:45 maximep joined #koha
12:49 hdl joined #koha
12:51 cait joined #koha
12:54 ago43 joined #koha
12:59 edveal joined #koha
13:01 magnuse 178 - yay!
13:04 Oak \o/
13:07 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #659: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/659/
13:07 jenkins_koha oleonard: Bug 7670 - make required fields red
13:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7670 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , make required fields red in
13:09 JesseM joined #koha
13:18 cait joined #koha
13:19 julian_m joined #koha
13:25 magnuse Oak
13:25 jcamins_away magnuse: mind if I revise the commit message slightly?
13:25 jcamins_away It's a bit confusing.
13:25 magnuse be my guest!
13:25 jcamins_away Thanks.
13:26 jcamins_away I'm also going to correct some spelling errors. :)
13:26 Oak :)
13:26 magnuse 2x be my guest! ;-)
13:30 cait Oak
13:30 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:30 magnuse gah, i forgot to change the name of the syspref in the commit message, didn't i? gaaahhh...
13:31 jcamins_away magnuse: yeah, I'll change it.
13:31 magnuse cool
13:37 Oak cait
13:37 Oak oh
13:37 magnuse jcamins++
13:38 Oak jcamins++
13:48 magnuse jcamins++
14:10 sekjal joined #koha
14:24 stnectaire joined #koha
14:24 stnectaire left #koha
14:25 hdl joined #koha
14:40 asaurat1 joined #koha
14:40 Johnindy joined #koha
15:02 mbalmer joined #koha
15:17 vfernandes joined #koha
15:18 vfernandes hi guys... one simples question: how to install Graphics Magick on CentOS to use in Koha?
15:21 vfernandes sorry its OpenSUSE
15:22 vfernandes solved: zypper install GraphicsMagick-perl :)
15:33 Guillaume left #koha
15:35 jcamins Alas... everyone is on their way to Marseille except me. :(
15:35 jwagner jcamins, would it make you feel better if I mentioned that I'm on my way to Florida?
15:35 * jwagner thinks probably not....
15:36 Guest6314 jcamins: i'm not on my way to marseille :P
15:37 sekjal jcamins:  going to DC... but will be on IRC to be part of the virtual hackfest
15:37 jcamins jwagner: sekjal: ... or somewhere else interesting. :P
15:38 jwagner Ah. Can't help you there :-)
15:38 jcamins Ah well.
15:38 jcamins I'm renovating our new apartment, which might even out, in the end.
15:50 mbalmer how will the weather be in marseille next week?
15:52 melia joined #koha
15:54 luisb joined #koha
15:56 alex_a left #koha
16:22 reiveune bye
16:22 reiveune left #koha
16:23 asaurat1 left #koha
16:41 ago43_ joined #koha
16:58 edveal left #koha
17:02 hdl joined #koha
17:08 jcamins joined #koha
17:17 mib_43pche joined #koha
17:18 mib_43pche i'm having a mysql crash i think as a result of the zebraqueue table
17:20 mib_43pche
17:24 gaetan_B bye !
17:40 edveal joined #koha
17:41 laurence left #koha
18:07 wizzyrea ha,
18:08 jcamins wizzyrea: Everyone should read that.
18:08 wizzyrea *nod*
18:08 ago43 joined #koha
18:08 wizzyrea interesting, "pathfinders"
18:08 wizzyrea didn't work
18:08 wizzyrea "reasearch by subject" did
18:08 * jcamins tries to appear surprised, and fails.
18:10 jcamins Utterly.
18:10 wizzyrea oh that's a good one
18:10 wizzyrea browse vs keyword
18:10 wizzyrea label browse searches as
18:10 wizzyrea title begins with ...
18:10 wizzyrea subject begins with...
18:11 wizzyrea or title includes
18:11 wizzyrea includes instead of begins
18:11 * jcamins prefers "contains."
18:12 jcamins It's more common.
18:12 wizzyrea sure
18:12 jcamins I think Google uses "contains."
18:14 jcamins Not anymore. Now it's just "with."
18:14 wizzyrea looks split 50/50 between "use 'Electronic Resources'" and "Don't use 'Electronic Resources'"
18:14 edveal joined #koha
18:15 wizzyrea wow that's really helpful
18:37 slef @query svc
18:37 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7213 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, ASSIGNED , Document /svc/ HTTP API and provide example command-line client
18:40 jcamins slef: I think dpavlin made more progress on that.
18:41 slef jcamins: not support for DELETE though, so I'm filing a new enh bug
18:44 jcamins slef: what is your use case, out of curiosity?
18:45 slef jcamins: document interchange system moving items in and out of Koha
18:46 jcamins slef: interesting. Do you have this system yet?
18:46 slef jcamins: not ours and not open AFAIK, sadly, but we do need Koha to interoperate with it to get it in there.
18:47 jcamins Tell them FOSS is the wave of the future, and they don't want to be left behind.
18:48 slef jcamins: I think they'll be convinced if we get Koha in there, but they've probably got as much fun in cleanup+release as we do on other things.
18:48 jcamins Heh.
18:49 jcamins I'm not saying one wants to release bad code, but I maintain that actually sharing bad code is better than not sharing the code because it's not "good" yet.
18:49 slef I mean licensing cleanup.
18:49 jcamins Ah.
18:50 slef Sometimes the two are related, such as when you don't know where some code has come from.
18:55 oleonard joined #koha
18:57 jcamins oleonard: on your way to Marseille?
18:57 jcamins :)
18:57 oleonard Got a few hours in Toronto to kill
18:58 oleonard Happy to see IRC isn't blocked by the wifi
18:58 jcamins I guess since you made it to Toronto you didn't forget your passport.
18:58 jcamins And if you have your passport, you really have everything you need.
18:59 oleonard I haven't had any panicked realizations yet
18:59 * oleonard wonders if it's accepted etiquette to bring a giant duty-free bottle of whiskey to a hackfest
19:00 jcamins oleonard: sure, why not?
19:02 * oleonard did have a moment of panic in the Columbus airport when it looked like his laptop wasn't booting up
19:02 oleonard Thankfully that seems not to be the case
19:07 jcamins oleonard: is your flight from Toronto direct?
19:07 oleonard There was a patch which proposed to offer more fine-grained control over how subject links worked
19:07 jcamins oleonard: you mean mine? :P
19:08 jcamins oleonard: BibLibre had a very cool tracings feature that was HTP-only.
19:08 oleonard I thought I remembered it being a Biblibre feature
19:08 jcamins oleonard: then you're thinking of the very cool tracings feature that hasn't been ported to TT.
19:08 oleonard The next leg of my trip is Toronto to Frankfurt, then to Marseille
19:11 jcamins I bet it could be redone using the XSLT.
19:12 oleonard Bug 5888?
19:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5888 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, julian.maurice, Failed QA , opac-detail subject/author links improvements
19:12 jcamins That sounds like the one.
19:13 jcamins Actually, I bet it could be done using only jQuery.
19:16 oleonard Maybe with the mythical menu module
19:20 JesseM joined #koha
19:28 libsysguy joined #koha
19:40 oleonard Anyone else get an error on the system preferences "local use" tab?
19:41 oleonard Syck parser (line 300, column -1): syntax error at /usr/lib/perl5/YAML/ line 76, <$fh> line 1.
19:41 wizzyrea yeap
19:42 jcamins Not in 3.6.3.
19:42 wizzyrea it does it on master
19:44 jcamins So it was probably sometime in the last month and a half.
19:46 sekjal who wants to do the git bisect?
19:46 * jcamins is cataloging.
19:49 sekjal bug 7408
19:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7408 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha.sekjal, Pushed to Master , Expire holds that have been waiting too long
19:51 wizzyrea yea, that same thing probably broke it wonder if frederic's patch fixes it
19:51 wizzyrea guess we could check >>
19:51 wizzyrea it does, in fact, fix it
19:51 sekjal nice
19:52 sekjal which bug's the patch attached to?
19:52 wizzyrea 7408, at the bottom
19:52 wizzyrea i'm signing off on the "fixes the problem with local use" part, I can't verify if it fixes the translations
19:56 * jcamins looks forward to DOM indexing.
19:56 jcamins He'll be able to do a browse for "recipients of letters." :)
20:00 oleonard bbl
20:12 rangi hmmm lots of bywater signing off on bywater lately ..
20:13 rangi i hassled biblibre about that .. only fair i hassle bywater too
20:14 wizzyrea *nod*
20:14 chris_n yup
20:15 nengard others are welcome to sign off on our sign offs
20:15 nengard but i'm not gonna leave a patch untested if i know how to test it just cause a colleague wrote it
20:15 nengard and we're coming up on the feature freeze
20:15 nengard got to get these things tested
20:16 nengard but hassle away :)
20:16 rangi yep, i just dont think it counts as a signed off
20:16 rangi whats good for the goose etc
20:17 rangi there are guidelines for everybody, not just some
20:17 rangi so signing off is fine, nbut i dont think it can be marked signed off
20:18 bag but bywater is all about the community - I mean we're all community members first - right?
20:18 rangi yes, thats why we should all play the same game
20:18 bag so that's a silly statement rangi :)
20:19 rangi dude, there are guidelines
20:19 bag yeah I know - we do our best to follow them ;)
20:20 rangi exaclty, and lately, theres been a slip, im pointing it out, like i did when biblibre were signing off biblibre patches
20:20 nengard left #koha
20:20 rangi so you can get indiginant with me
20:20 rangi or you can reverse the slip
20:20 rangi choice is yours
20:21 bag oh rangi you scared away nengard
20:21 rangi shes a big girl :)
20:21 bag of course...
20:21 rangi she'll live :)
20:21 mbalmer I have an Intermec PF4i on my desk and we are thinking ways of using it in a library,
20:22 mbalmer media labels? patron cards/labels?
20:23 rangi spine labels?
20:23 mbalmer problematic..
20:24 sekjal according to the signoff and QA rules we discussed (and I *believe* agreed on), signoffs can come from people within the same company, but then QA must be done by someone outside the company
20:25 rangi it explicitly says preferably not from the same company
20:25 bag yeah sekjal you're probably right - but Ideally another company :)
20:25 sekjal right, the wider the set of eyes, the better
20:25 sekjal no argument there
20:26 rangi so was pointing out a lot of bywater ones are being signed off by bywater lately wrong, given i did the exact same thing for biblibre?
20:26 bag not at all - IE no that's not wrong
20:26 sekjal rangi:  I think it's a fair thing to point out
20:27 bag heh - I'll try another way …  NO
20:27 mbalmer hmm...
20:27 bag heh
20:27 rangi good just checking, cos i felt like i was being attached for it
20:27 mbalmer what is wrong with colleagues in the same company signing stuff off if they did their job of testing?
20:27 rangi nothing
20:28 rangi but its better if they get an external sign off too
20:28 mbalmer why, if they tested carefully?
20:28 wizzyrea sometimes people outside think a bit bigger picture than people who are just adding 123's for clients
20:28 bag cause we have had problems before :)
20:28 rangi im of the opinion everything should have an internal sign off before it gets submitted
20:28 sekjal cross-company signoffs are stronger, because there is less risk of conflict of interest.
20:29 sekjal there is a *chance*
20:29 rangi and hten an external one .. that would be sweet
20:29 sekjal *chance* that a company could be pushing their own agenda instead of the greater communities best interest
20:29 bag plus it promotes - company co-operation  - IE..  biblibre please help us out :)
20:29 rangi it also spreads the knowledge
20:29 rangi and what bag said
20:30 mbalmer easy enough to follow
20:30 bag basically IMO…  we had someone write the patch (submit to koha) and then someone here follows up (and tests - signs off whatevs)…  Then another should sign-off…
20:30 bag so it should stay in the NEEDS SIGNOFF stage
20:30 bag :)
20:31 rangi barring trivial patches i think that would work well
20:31 melia aren't you all saying the same thing?
20:31 rangi we are now
20:31 bag no melia I'm saying it better :)
20:31 bag HAHAHAHA
20:31 melia is there a particular bug in question that needs to have its status changed from signed off back to needs signoff?
20:32 bag the latest one has passed QA..  so no
20:32 melia ok. well if there is, I'll go change it. :)
20:32 * chris_n always thinks an orchestra sounds better in harmony ;-)
20:32 bag oh no I think I'm wrong
20:32 * bag starts vacation
20:32 rangi i dont think we need to change some back
20:32 wizzyrea just be aware :)
20:32 bag be well all you all - have THE fun
20:32 * chris_n heads home
20:32 rangi exactly
20:33 sekjal if we wanted to horribly overcomplicate things, we could come up with a system of 'points' associated with signoffs, and only after a patch has accumulated enough points does it advance to the next stage
20:33 sekjal game-ify it all a bit
20:33 rangi gerrit does exactly that
20:34 rangi its not actually that complicated either :)
20:34 melia I have heard good things about gerrit. (not a developer, so I'm not going to vote - just passing along the hearsay)
20:34 sekjal I'd be interested in learning more
20:35 sekjal I think we've done a lot to improve our processes in the last few years, but we can certainly refine further
20:35 sekjal git BZ was a godsend
20:35 wizzyrea holy wow, no kidding
20:35 sekjal then with git aliases...
20:35 sekjal git qa 7408
20:35 sekjal is all I have to type
20:35 sekjal love it
20:36 wizzyrea <3 <3 <3
20:36 wizzyrea me too
20:36 rangi
20:36 wizzyrea it is definitely feeding my need to be super lazy
20:36 wizzyrea my alias for "git com" is like, chorus of ahs
20:36 wizzyrea "git checkout master
20:36 wizzyrea "
20:36 wizzyrea look at all of that saved typing :P
20:37 rangi
20:37 rangi hehe
20:41 * sekjal has 20 bugs in his QAQ... most of which are going to require a serious bit of testing
20:44 rangi hmm i only see 9?
20:44 rangi ah no, old search
21:00 sekjal hmm.... now that I'm into the XSLT from Amazon to MARC, I'm wondering if this is even a worthwhile endeavour
21:13 maximep left #koha
21:41 * magnus_afk wishes #koha a good night
21:42 wizzyrea happy time-of-day
21:45 mib_43pche i have koha installed on a server, over the last couple days mysql have being crashing
22:49 cait joined #koha
22:53 cait hi #koha
22:55 cait left #koha
22:55 cait joined #koha
23:48 NateC joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary