IRC log for #koha, 2012-03-06

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 Space_Librarian rangi can that be done in the koha to marc mapping?
00:04 rangi no
00:04 Space_Librarian d'oh
00:04 * Space_Librarian ponders
00:05 rangi to get the 490a displaying on a new line in the results, easiest way is to edit the xsl file
00:05 rangi but to do so in a way that would be accpted upstream, so we dont have to do it every upgrade :)
00:39 Space_Librarian and I'll get my name added to contributers? *looks hopeful*
00:41 rangi exactly :)
00:41 * Space_Librarian rolls up her sleeves.
00:41 Space_Librarian Where do I go, and what do I do.
00:42 rangi ill show you the file
00:43 rangi[…]m2OPACResults.xsl
00:44 rangi that is the xslt file for the restuls
00:44 rangi results too
00:44 rangi[…]im2OPACDetail.xsl
00:44 rangi is the detail bit
00:44 rangi now see this
00:44 rangi[…]ACDetail.xsl#l160
00:44 rangi the block that does the series stuff
00:45 rangi we want to put that in the results one too
00:45 * rangi hopes he is actually being helpful not confusing
00:45 rangi[…]tmpl/prog/en/xslt
00:45 rangi at this page, you can click raw
00:45 rangi to download the files
00:46 rangi if you wanted to change one, and send it to me, ill put it on your staging server
00:46 rangi and we can see how it looks
00:47 rangi the long term plan, would be to do a git clone and get your own local koha running for doing dev on, but for this we can do it the shorter way if you want
00:47 * Space_Librarian grins like a maniac.
00:49 Space_Librarian shorter is not always better...
00:49 rangi in that case
00:49 rangi git?
00:49 wahanui rumour has it git is[…]Control_Using_Git
00:50 rangi :)
00:50 Space_Librarian I really do need to learn git, don't i?
00:50 jcamins_away Space_Librarian++
00:51 Space_Librarian jcamins_away ;)
00:51 Space_Librarian It's been on my to-do list for a while.
00:52 Space_Librarian But no time like the present.
00:52 jcamins_away Exactly.
00:55 BobB joined #koha
00:57 Space_Librarian quick question, can you code in if/then statements in git?
00:57 jcamins_away Space_Librarian: I think you might be confused.
00:57 jcamins_away the first question?
00:57 wahanui i guess the first question is "What are you trying to do?"
00:57 rangi in xsl ?
00:58 jcamins_away I added a Further Reading section to the git page.
00:58 jcamins_away Now I can stop telling people to PM me their e-mail address.
00:58 Space_Librarian just looking at the raw data.
00:58 rangi ah yeah, thats the xsl
00:58 rangi im pretty sure you can
00:58 rangi but not sure how
00:58 Space_Librarian okay.
00:58 Space_Librarian I will look that up.
00:58 rangi jcamins_away probably knows better than I about xslt
00:59 jcamins_away Yeah, I'll find an example real quick before going to watch a Star Trek episode.
00:59 rangi thanks
00:59 Space_Librarian because if you could tweak it to an if/then for say, 490a displaying as a subtitle in a specific framework... but I need more coffee to think coherently.
00:59 Space_Librarian which ST ep?
00:59 jcamins_away[…]3ef94;hb=HEAD#l26
01:00 jcamins_away That's NORMARC, but the concept stands.
01:00 jcamins_away You don't have access to frameworks in XSLT.
01:00 jcamins_away It's that <xsl:choose><xsl:when ...>...</xsl:when>...<xsl:otherwis​e>...</xsl:otherwise></xsl:choose> bit
01:01 Space_Librarian ah. I see it.
01:01 Space_Librarian cool.
01:01 Space_Librarian will go do some research.
01:02 jcamins_away Why are you putting the subtitle in 490?
01:02 Space_Librarian We're cataloging articles
01:02 Space_Librarian and it's more like putting 490a into the subtitles
01:02 jcamins_away Errr...
01:02 Space_Librarian so that the journal title will display in the short record on the opac
01:03 jcamins_away My wife is going to kill me if I don't go watch Star Trek soon, but, what's wrong with 773?
01:03 jcamins_away That shows up.
01:03 Space_Librarian it does?
01:03 jcamins_away Wait, no, it doesn't.
01:03 jcamins_away It should.
01:03 rangi in the details it does, but not results, yeah and it should
01:04 Space_Librarian go watch ST.
01:04 Space_Librarian I will ponder the conundrum some more.
01:04 jcamins_away See my GitHub repo.
01:04 jcamins_away There's an example.
01:04 jcamins_away Branch nnan2
01:05 jcamins_away[…]5e5f0584666ff1d2f
01:05 jcamins_away Back later.
01:49 Culiforge joined #koha
02:00 * jcamins returns.
02:02 jcamins Space_Librarian: you'll want to combine the change that in my repo with the code for showing 773 in the details display.
02:03 jcamins *that is
02:08 wizzyrea1 joined #koha
02:08 Guest5208 was kicked by wizzyrea: Guest5208
02:09 wizzyrea silly guest. ;)
02:09 wizzyrea really I just like kicking myself.
02:13 rangi heh
02:14 Space_Librarian jcamins when I figure out how to do that, I will. :) Thanks though.
02:15 jcamins Space_Librarian: once you get your git install set up, you have everything you need to get the system working the way you want.
02:15 Space_Librarian ooooh....
02:16 jcamins Space_Librarian: BTW, I strongly encourage you to use 773 not 490.
02:16 jcamins Very strongly.
02:16 Space_Librarian okay.
02:16 jcamins Don't use 490 for analytics. I know that's the way it was in AACR1, but I maintain in this day and age it's a bad idea that can only lead to misery.
02:16 Space_Librarian Henceforth I shall do that.
02:16 jcamins :)
02:19 Space_Librarian So, if I were to change things to 773 now (from 490a) will it display in the short and full record?
02:19 jcamins It will display in the full record, and you need to patch the results display.
02:20 Space_Librarian okay.
02:20 Space_Librarian I'll start tweaking again after this bulltin goes out
02:21 Space_Librarian bulletin*
02:44 jcamins BTW, does anyone know what to make of Bug 6418?
02:44 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6418 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , display 590a
02:45 jcamins I was perplexed about what exactly the proposal was.
02:46 rangi hmm
02:46 rangi yeah
02:46 rangi pass
02:47 jcamins Well, just so long as I'm not the only who who doesn't get it, I'm happy.
02:52 Space_Librarian quick query - we have a link checker in koha, don't we?
02:52 jcamins Space_Librarian: I believe so.
02:52 jcamins Space_Librarian: I don't knwo where, though.
02:53 jcamins *know
02:53 Space_Librarian yeah, I thought I'd seen it, but now that I'm looking... I can't find it
02:55 Culiforge installing koha on another machine.. deb package koha-common wont install due to dependency of libmodern-perl-perl. Says it's not available. running 10.04 and after looking around can only find package as far back as Maverick. Any thoughts?
02:56 jcamins I can't find it.
02:56 jcamins Culiforge: that was not for you.
02:56 Space_Librarian good. it's not just me.
02:56 Space_Librarian ^
02:56 Culiforge jcamins: np
02:56 jcamins Culiforge: use cpan.
02:56 jcamins cpan i Modern, maybe?
02:56 jcamins Space_Librarian: found it!
02:57 jcamins misc/cronjobs/
02:57 Space_Librarian awesome. thanks
02:59 Culiforge jcamins: Warning: Cannot install Modern, don't know what it is
02:59 jcamins Culiforge: cpan i Modern::Perl?
02:59 jcamins I'm just guessing here.
03:02 Shane-S joined #koha
03:06 Shane-S anyone around if I need help with git?
03:06 jcamins Shane-S: for a little bit, maybe.
03:07 jcamins Shane-S: and Space_Librarian is currently learning git too. :)
03:07 Shane-S okay well I have a clone, so I attempting to edit a file...then I need to push/patch (I am following the quick guide on the git site)
03:08 jcamins You're not going to be pushing anything.
03:08 jcamins You'll need to make the changes you're interested in, add them using git add, then create a patch using git format-patch -1
03:08 jcamins Then you can attach that file to the relevant bug.
03:08 jcamins git?
03:08 wahanui git is[…]Control_Using_Git
03:08 jcamins ^^ I added the reading list to that, as well. :)
03:09 Culiforge jcamins: command is right... cpan i  Modern::Perl; many errors and fail
03:09 Shane-S okay :P
03:09 jcamins Culiforge: well, this is progress. Now you just have to find someone who can tell you how to install Modern::Perl on Ubuntu Lucid.
03:09 Shane-S is it */ or /* for CSS comments?
03:09 Shane-S always get it backwards
03:10 jcamins Shane-S: probably the same as C comments... /* comment */
03:11 Shane-S yeah...thanks always do it the wrong order :P
03:13 Shane-S okay so git add (files) how do I patch a single file?
03:13 Shane-S I am in the directory where it resides now
03:13 jcamins What do you mean?
03:13 jcamins You make changes to the file, then use git add to add your changes.
03:14 jcamins Then you commit your changes using git commit
03:15 Shane-S so I don't need to do git add /kohaclone/koha-tmpl/.../rep​orts/
03:15 jcamins No, you need to do that.
03:15 Shane-S there a short hand way?
03:16 jcamins No.
03:16 jcamins Well, use relative paths.
03:16 Shane-S ie like git add ./
03:16 eythian I just copy-paste from a git status
03:16 jcamins Shane-S: those would be relative paths. :)
03:18 Shane-S did my commit...moving on
03:18 Shane-S so then just this? git format-patch origin/master (note: I made a branch last time I set this up)
03:19 jcamins Yes.
03:20 Shane-S okay so made a patch...
03:20 Shane-S where does it go?
03:21 jcamins Your current directory.
03:21 eythian ./0001-....
03:21 Shane-S doh!
03:21 eythian it tells you where it went
03:21 Shane-S I just ../ out like 10 times
03:21 Shane-S can I use symlinks in the clone directory?
03:22 jcamins Sure.
03:22 Shane-S won't mess git up?
03:22 jcamins Well, it depends what you're doing.
03:23 jcamins You shouldn't add any symlinks, if that's what you're asking about.
03:24 Shane-S insteading of going to koha-tmpl/intranet/intranet-t​mpl/prog/en/modules/reports/ a symlink that goes there called intranet_tt_files
03:25 jcamins I think that works, but I'm actually not entirely sure.
03:25 jcamins It depends if that changes the working directory to koha-tmpl...
03:25 jcamins If it doesn't, that won't work.
03:26 Shane-S what if I make the symlinks outside the kohaclone?
03:26 Shane-S just so I can get to files quicker
03:26 jcamins That you can certainly do.
03:26 jcamins I do that all the time.
03:26 Shane-S for patching...I guess I have to learn the report thingy
03:27 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:27 Amit_Gupta heya bag
03:28 eythian what is a "previous checkout"? when looking at the Check Out screen?
03:28 eythian the list of checkouts is split and down the bottom are "previous checkouts"
03:28 jcamins old_issues?
03:28 eythian I can't determine what makes something "previous"
03:28 eythian nope
03:28 jcamins Maybe?
03:28 eythian it's issued
03:29 jcamins Other things that were checked out to the person that day?
03:29 jcamins slash session?
03:29 jcamins This is obviously just speculation.
03:29 eythian hmm, no, that doesn't match either.
03:30 jcamins No idea, then.
03:30 Shane-S bug 7646 did I do it right?
03:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7646 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Printing w/o the SQL Code showing
03:31 jcamins You attached it correctly, yes.
03:31 Shane-S so then it has to get approval and be signed off on?
03:31 jcamins Right.
03:31 Shane-S does patching it speed that up at all?
03:32 jcamins Yes.
03:32 jcamins You now change the status to "Needs signoff."
03:32 jcamins And now when someone (like me) is looking for things to patch, your bug will come up.
03:34 jcamins Without providing a patch, you were at the mercy of someone else to think "gee, I want to be able to hide the SQL, too."
03:34 Shane-S ah okay :), well that wasn't so hard
03:34 Shane-S I guess hard part is keeping it up to date
03:35 Shane-S That and making a working version from this git so I can test it live at home :P
03:35 jcamins Right.
03:35 Shane-S I just know it works because I did it on my "package" system at work :D
03:35 jcamins For a patch like this, you shouldn't run into any conflicts, though.
03:36 jcamins So it's more like, keeping your patch current is theoretically difficult, but won't be a problem for you.
03:36 jcamins The larger the patch, the more difficult.
03:37 Shane-S I think I pulled from the master and not the 3.06 branch anyway
03:37 jcamins Yes, you should always do development against master.
03:38 jcamins (unless you're patching a bug that exists only in 3.6 because it was fixed as part of an enhancement in master)
03:39 Shane-S ah, then I guess you have to pull down a 3.6 clone?
03:40 Shane-S might have to work on my other bug some time :)
03:40 Shane-S I hope I can help contribute a little as I move towards using the system :P
03:41 jcamins No, you just have to check out the branch.
03:41 jcamins git checkout -b 3.6.x origin/3.6.x
03:41 jcamins Isn't git great?
03:41 jcamins :)
03:41 jcamins We hope so too. :)
03:41 jcamins You're off to a good start, though.
03:41 Shane-S well jcamins I am heading to bed, I am sure I will see you tomorrow in the afternoon from work
03:41 jcamins Chances are good. :)
03:41 Shane-S Thank you for all the help
03:42 jcamins You're very welcome.
03:45 jcamins Yeah, bed sounds like a good idea.
03:45 jcamins Good night, #koha.
03:45 Space_Librarian night jcamins!
04:34 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
04:34 mib_ad45jy joined #koha
04:48 * Space_Librarian waves goodnight to #koha
05:43 Oak joined #koha
05:45 cait joined #koha
05:46 cait good morning #koha
06:47 cait god morgen magnuse :)
07:06 alex_a bonjour
07:06 wahanui que tal, alex_a
07:09 mib_vm4uwb joined #koha
07:15 cait hi alex_a :)
07:16 rangi evening
07:19 cait evening rangi
07:46 reiveune joined #koha
07:46 reiveune hello
07:50 cait hi reiveune
07:50 cait work time -bbiab
07:51 magnuse hiya cait rangi reiveune & #koha
07:52 mbalmer joined #koha
07:52 reiveune hi magnuse and everybody :)
07:54 julian_m joined #koha
07:54 julian_m hi
08:10 asaurat joined #koha
08:12 sophie_m joined #koha
08:13 asaurat hi
08:14 kf joined #koha
08:14 kf hi again #koha
08:15 asaurat hi kf
08:15 kf hi asaurat :)
08:19 hdl joined #koha
08:20 kf hi hdl :)
08:23 hdl hi kf
08:24 hdl D-7 ?
08:24 kf ?
08:25 hdl D-13 sorry :D
08:25 kf for a second you really scared me!
08:25 kf I always have nightmares about confusing dates :)
08:26 francharb joined #koha
08:26 kf hdl: really looking forward to it :)
08:26 francharb hi
08:27 kf hi francharb :)
08:28 laurence joined #koha
08:42 kf ew.
08:42 kf it seems you can only change the currency rates when you have parameters permission
08:42 kf whichmeans you have the permission to change all and everything in administration? :(
09:00 magnuse might need a currency permission?
09:02 kf yeah
09:02 kf filed abug
09:02 kf not helping me now - but perhaps later :)
09:05 magnuse :-)
09:05 magnuse it's a start
09:07 kf yep
09:46 Guillaume joined #koha
10:13 mveron joined #koha
10:13 mveron Hi #koha
10:14 magnuse hiya mveron
10:14 magnuse @wunder boo
10:14 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 0.0°C (10:50 AM CET on March 06, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 60%. Dew Point: -7.0°C. Windchill: -7.0°C. Pressure: 30.24 in 1024 hPa (Steady).
10:15 magnuse @wunder marseille
10:15 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 10.0°C (11:00 AM CET on March 06, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 47%. Dew Point: -1.0°C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
10:15 mveron
10:16 magnuse :-)
10:16 kf sunny here :)
10:17 magnuse little bit of snow here...
10:18 mveron Oh... Glad that vinterne does not kommer tilbake in Switzerland .-)
10:19 magnuse yay! ;-)
10:20 mveron Yesterday we had a discussion about Preference->CurrencyFormat
10:21 mveron I found Bug 4078 and commented it
10:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4078 trivial, P5 - low, ---, aleksa, In Discussion , Display active currency symbol on currency output and input
10:23 kf :)
10:24 kf I think pehraps we need 2 different things
10:24 kf displaying the active currency in the right formatting
10:24 kf and displaying foreign currencies in acquisition
10:24 kf foreign currency != active currency
10:28 mveron kf: But GetCurrency() always returns active currency (SELECT * FROM currency where active = '1' )
10:28 kf ah
10:28 kf it's part of aleksa's patch
10:28 kf I didn't find it in the perldoc
10:29 kf that got me confused .)
10:30 mveron I did not apply the patch. Found it in the file
10:30 kf hm
10:30 kf perhaps looking at old perldoc
10:30 kf
10:30 juan_sieira joined #koha
10:31 kf or it's not in there
10:31 mveron It is a sub
10:32 kf hm
10:32 kf looks to me like it's not documented
10:32 kf but probably should be?
10:32 mveron Just below GetCurrencies,but no =head ... =cut between
10:32 kf yep I see it
10:32 kf[…]8343716b2105ab047
10:33 kf mveron: was wondering if it should have POD like the other subs :)
10:34 kf mveron: not sure how save it is to change the return value and where it is used
10:35 kivilahtio joined #koha
10:36 magnuse pod++
10:37 mveron kf: It is just the result set of the query, it is used like this: my $active_currency = GetCurrency(); Then something like var = $active_currency->{currency};
10:37 mveron So the new column would just come along with it, something like $active_currency->{format};
10:38 mveron IMHO would be save to use it like this.
10:53 Culiforge installed koha-common from deb package on 10.04 but can't create-db. Error says koha-common.cnf not found...
10:53 kf_mtg mveron_lunch: :)
10:53 kf_mtg Culiforge: packages?
10:53 wahanui package info is at[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
10:56 Culiforge kf_mtg: deb package, like wahanui just said
10:56 kf_mtg yes, I think you will information about the file there
10:57 magnuse Culiforge: you might have to create that file
10:57 Culiforge looking....
10:57 kf_mtg Quick Start
10:57 kf_mtg hm but different file name
10:58 kf_mtg Culiforge: sorry have to go - hope you can figure it out :)
10:58 Culiforge kf_mtg: thx
11:27 logbot joined #koha
11:27 Topic for #koha is now 3.6.4 and 3.4.8 and 3.2.11 Now Available || Koha Community Website - || Koha Community Official IRC Channel || Paste -
12:22 mveron_ joined #koha
12:23 mveron_ left #koha
12:24 mveron_ joined #koha
12:40 jwagner joined #koha
12:47 tcohen joined #koha
12:48 tcohen hi #koha
13:00 NateC joined #koha
13:02 collum joined #koha
13:21 ago43 joined #koha
13:29 oleonard joined #koha
13:31 oleonard Hi #koha
13:36 oleonard Interesting... I'm getting mail at my oleonard gmail account which is addressed to o.leonard
13:38 koha_database_helpme joined #koha
13:38 koha_database_helpme Hello All
13:39 koha_database_helpme I have a problem installing koha
13:39 jcamins oleonard: yeah, gmail ignores periods.
13:40 jcamins koha_database_helpme: what is your problem? And what version of Koha are you installing?
13:40 oleonard Poor Olivier Leonard is not getting CC'ed on those job recommendations he asked for. Nor his he getting his mom's emails.
13:41 jcamins Heh.
13:41 koha_database_helpme when I do the rebuild_zebra i get the error here in pastebin
13:41 koha_database_helpme
13:42 koha_database_helpme When I checked the database its empty with no tables and hence that's why I get the errors
13:42 jcamins koha_database_helpme: you need to follow the instructions to install Koha.
13:42 jcamins Go through the web installer, etc.
13:42 oleonard koha_database_helpme: What version are you installing, and what instructions are you following?
13:42 koha_database_helpme i am following the instructions on install.UBUNTU haven't reached the installer yet
13:43 koha_database_helpme 3.06.03
13:43 jcamins koha_database_helpme: rebuild_zebra shouldn't be run until you've actually finished setting up Koha.
13:43 jcamins I always use INSTALL.debian.
13:43 jcamins I'd suggest using those instructions, because I know they're right. :)
13:43 jcamins At this point, it will be the same for Ubuntu as for Debian.
13:44 koha_database_helpme ok, so you mean after I make sure its up on apache to actually go through the 8080 and set it up?
13:44 jcamins Right.
13:46 koha_database_helpme ok thx, i am on it
13:48 koha_database_helpme hmmm, the user name and password asked for is of the database!
13:48 jcamins That's correct.
13:50 oleonard git bisect is cool when it works. When it doesn't, not so much.
13:52 koha_database_helpme just in case, there are two errors
13:52 koha_database_helpme auth_val.sql ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 4: Unknown column 'prefix' in 'field list'
13:53 koha_database_helpme and another one in itemstatus.sql
13:56 koha_database_helpme thanks its up
14:03 koha_database_helpme BTW, I took note of other perl prerequisites the installer told me about that can be added in the initial installer
14:04 koha_database_helpme
14:06 jcamins magnuse++
14:24 tcohen koha_database_helpme: do the instructions ommit those modules install ? in the cpan ... line?
14:34 koha_database_helpme nah, they are mentioned after running perl Makefile.PL
14:35 maximep joined #koha
14:35 koha_database_helpme yes, they are not mentioned in the cpan section
14:40 tcohen follow the debian instructions, as ubuntu's seem outdated
14:40 tcohen in debian's it is mentioned that you should run perl -m -u
14:40 tcohen to check for missing deps
14:40 tcohen and then run cpan on them
14:41 koha_database_helpme I would repeat the installation once more tomorrow. Have to prepara a new virtual machine then
14:42 koha_database_helpme I haven't attached the barcode reader yet!
14:52 maximep left #koha
14:54 jwagner joined #koha
14:55 maximep joined #koha
14:59 kyleh_ joined #koha
15:05 Guest5208 joined #koha
15:18 wizzyrea am I right in thinking that you just need to add an additional path to perl5lib to use a non-standard perl with koha?
15:18 wizzyrea i've never had to do it
15:18 wizzyrea oh, and good morning.
15:18 wizzyrea (I'm looking at that guy's email to the list re: git and non-standard perl
15:18 wizzyrea )
15:23 JesseM joined #koha
15:57 oleonard Bug 5364 doesn't exactly have a following...
15:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5364 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, REOPENED , Limit the number of author displayed on OPAC
16:01 wizzyrea hmm
16:01 wizzyrea that is a 123 if I ever saw one.
16:01 wizzyrea a way to do it with jquery?
16:01 wizzyrea perhaps all he really needs is a solution
16:01 wizzyrea to that bib.
16:03 wizzyrea1 joined #koha
16:04 reiveune bye
16:04 Guest5264 bye :)
16:04 reiveune left #koha
16:05 wizzyrea left #koha
16:05 wizzyrea joined #koha
16:05 Guest5265 was kicked by wizzyrea: Guest5265
16:05 Guest5265 joined #koha
16:06 wizzyrea !
16:06 wizzyrea that seems odd.
16:06 * wizzyrea pokes her laptop
16:07 wizzyrea hm. Ought to set up my bip again I guess.
16:07 kf_mtg what has the laptop done?
16:07 wizzyrea it stayed logged into IRC even though pidgin wasn't running? Very odd.
16:07 kf_mtg oh
16:07 kf_mtg weird
16:09 Johnindy joined #koha
16:14 asaurat left #koha
16:16 * jcamins would probably mark bug 5364 WONTFIX.
16:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5364 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, REOPENED , Limit the number of author displayed on OPAC
16:16 wizzyrea wish there was a "we wont fix, you are welcome to" status :P
16:16 oleonard jcamins: I do think it's weird that if you have more than 50 items you're shown *none*
16:16 jcamins Right.
16:17 wizzyrea if we were collecting populariity info correctly
16:17 wizzyrea we could show only the most highly circ'd 10 items or something.
16:17 jcamins oleonard: you're shown *none*? That seems weird.
16:17 * jcamins was talking about number of authors.
16:17 jcamins If you don't want all the authors to show up... DON'T ENTER THEM.
16:17 wizzyrea "there are many items for this record - click to see them"
16:17 wizzyrea or enter them somewhere else ;P
16:17 jcamins AACR2 says "enter only three authors."
16:18 wizzyrea you should comment that
16:18 jcamins It's a dumb rule.
16:18 * oleonard has his "too many" bugs mixed up
16:18 kf_mtg rda has all
16:18 wizzyrea lol
16:18 jcamins kf_mtg: yeah, and that's intelligent.
16:18 kf only saying...
16:18 * wizzyrea doesn't really care
16:18 jcamins kf: but if you have special requirements that you don't want the authors to show up, you are completely allowed to do that.
16:18 * wizzyrea is not a proper cataloger. It would be much more sane if I were.
16:18 * kf had a coworker introduce her to rda recently
16:19 chris_n` joined #koha
16:19 wizzyrea because naturally, I'd take over as ruler of cataloging and make the stupid rules go away in favor of gathering information that actually matters.
16:19 wizzyrea :P
16:19 * wizzyrea gesticulates wildly
16:20 wizzyrea (yea yea, i'm a blasphemer.)
16:20 kf wizzyrea++ :)
16:20 * oleonard thinks that would require wizzyrea to stare into the heart of the TARDIS
16:20 jcamins :)
16:20 wizzyrea if that involves getting to smooch on the doctor, I'd be ok with that.
16:21 wizzyrea ok I just made myself laugh.
16:21 oleonard too bad you don't get to pick which one
16:21 wizzyrea OR DO I
16:21 oleonard :D
16:22 wizzyrea
16:23 wizzyrea which logically leads directly to this:
16:26 laurence left #koha
16:27 oleonard and now you're listening to the 10-hour Pikachu song right?
16:27 wizzyrea no, but you are!
16:37 Shane-S joined #koha
16:37 Shane-S morning
16:38 Shane-S wizzyrea: I made my first patch last night with jcamins help
16:38 wizzyrea :D yay!
16:38 wizzyrea very cool
16:38 wizzyrea not so bad eh
16:38 wizzyrea :)
16:38 Shane-S no it wasn't, but I need to get my home system to "work"
16:38 wizzyrea takes some getting used to, for sure
16:38 Shane-S I just made the code changes based on what I did here at work
16:39 druthb joined #koha
16:39 wizzyrea very cool
16:39 Shane-S I thought there was more to it then the few simple commands
16:40 Shane-S the hard part is git add
16:40 Shane-S because you need the path for every file
16:40 Shane-S and considering the pathing for template files....hand cramps :P
16:40 wizzyrea hm yea
16:41 Shane-S someone said you can do a results or something to get paths
16:42 jcamins git status
16:42 Shane-S okay that was it :P
16:44 oleonard ...and then copy-paste :)
16:46 wizzyrea oh batch modification, you're my only friend.
16:49 Shane-S hmm..ponders making a <{}> reports tag for "optional" fields so users don't have to put % in the text box
16:49 wizzyrea that would be cool.
16:49 wizzyrea enhancements to reports are always welcome.
16:49 jcamins wizzyrea: what about placeholders in reports?
16:49 wizzyrea ?
16:49 wizzyrea not sure what you're referring ot
16:49 wizzyrea to
16:49 jcamins wizzyrea: those used to be your friends too.
16:50 jcamins Runtime arguments? I don't remember what we call them.
16:50 jcamins << >>
16:50 wizzyrea right, but you have to put in % if it's optional
16:50 jcamins wizzyrea: I'm talking about your friends.
16:50 wizzyrea hehe
16:50 jcamins 11:44 <@wizzyrea> oh batch modification, you're my only friend.
16:50 wizzyrea placeholders in reports are also my friends.
16:51 wizzyrea depends on the day really :P
16:51 Shane-S anyone know what file handles the <<>> tag?
16:52 Shane-S if hunt begins to see if I can do it!
16:52 wizzyrea (File a bug! Make a branch!)
16:52 hdl Shane-S: paul_p does
16:52 Shane-S <-- does not understand the make a branch part...
16:53 wizzyrea[…]nt-patch_Workflow
16:53 * paul_p do what ?
16:53 wizzyrea git checkout master
16:53 wizzyrea git checkout -b name-of-branch
16:53 Shane-S what file handles the reports tag <<>>
16:53 wizzyrea[…]nt-patch_Workflow
16:53 jcamins git?
16:53 wahanui i guess git is[…]Control_Using_Git
16:53 Shane-S so I can see if I feel I can mode a new "optional" tage
16:53 jcamins ^^
16:54 Shane-S s/mode/code
16:54 jcamins paul_p: lots of fun today? :)
16:54 Shane-S wow just forget I type...*needs Dragon*
16:55 paul_p jcamins nope, only a very long BibLibre monthly meeting. Now dealing with some mails. Will be back to your bug tomorrow -my- morning
16:55 jcamins paul_p: aww. I'm sorry. At least you have tomorrow to look forward to. :)
16:55 kf jcamins++
16:56 wizzyrea also[…]eptance/Rejection
17:00 wizzyrea oleonard had you see
17:00 wizzyrea seen*
17:01 oleonard Not until that latest post wizzyrea. Her tweet showed up in my Twitter search
17:02 jcamins Oh, BTW... everyone will probably appreciate this: http://picturesofpeoplescannin[…]
17:02 melia joined #koha
17:03 Guillaume left #koha
17:10 oleonard Who would have thought that QRcodes might go the way of the CueCat...
17:10 oleonard Oh yeah, everyone old enough to remember the CueCat.
17:11 jcamins oleonard++ # because I should at least give him karma if I'm stealing that from him
17:11 Shane-S wait why would they go away I thought they were just catching on?
17:12 Johnindy_ joined #koha
17:12 jcamins Shane-S: there's a tumblr showing how heavily they're used. ;)
17:12 Shane-S It's not showing anything for me
17:12 kf oleonard: I have a CueCat :)
17:13 wizzyrea truthfully? I can't be arsed to pull my phone out.
17:13 wizzyrea plus half the time there's not enough light
17:13 oleonard wizzyrea is on board as soon as her retinal implant is installed.
17:13 Shane-S I can't say I have ever scanned one myself...but 90% I come across are commercial
17:13 wizzyrea I told you I was lazy right?
17:13 wizzyrea they put that stuff in my contacts and I'll be on board.
17:14 jcamins kf: I've been thinking of getting some CueCats.
17:14 wizzyrea wait. No I wont. Now there's word that people are putting links to phone malware on qr codes
17:14 wizzyrea which is reason enough to never ever scan one.
17:14 kf jcamins: you have to declaw (?) them
17:14 jcamins kf: that's the correct word.
17:14 kf jcamins: which means using a sharp knife on really small things inside
17:14 kf but it worked :)
17:15 oleonard jcamins: really? I'll send you one if you like
17:15 wizzyrea i had a cue cat a while back.
17:15 jcamins oleonard: yeah, they're super-cheap options for providing barcode scanners to clients.
17:15 kf jcamins: the scanning is slow - I think a cheap normal barcode scanner would perhaps work better
17:16 jcamins kf: oh, I never actually used one. Given how impatient I am, maybe I should consider that, then.
17:16 * oleonard has resisted throwing his away hoping it might be of use to someone
17:17 Shane-S isnt a QuCat just a crappy barcode reader you drag across the barcode?
17:17 jcamins Shane-S: yes.
17:18 oleonard
17:18 Shane-S okay then I have "used" one at a friends...I wanted to throw it at the wall :P
17:18 Shane-S was quicker to type
17:18 jcamins Good to know.
17:19 kf yes.. it works
17:19 kf but it's no fun if you ever had a real barcode reader
17:19 oleonard "The company's response to these hacks was to assert that users did not own the devices and had no right to modify or reverse engineer them"
17:19 kf but thought it was probably only my cuecat (after I used the sharp knife on it...)
17:19 Shane-S yeah we were scanning her book ISBNs into excel
17:19 oleonard Nice.
17:20 oleonard "Investors in CueCat lost their $185 million" Karma.
17:21 Shane-S Aside from the fact the Apple and to an extent Google limit you and contain least (more so Apple) their stuff actually works well (Google...well their core is amazing...other stuff is kinda like M$)
17:22 jcamins Considering that I'm accustomed to *really nice* barcode scanners, I guess this nixes the CueCat plan.
17:22 Shane-S Anyone tried Win8 yet?
17:22 wizzyrea i tried it for five minutes, I wanted to smash it with a hammer.
17:22 kf wizzyrea: does opachiddenitems suppress the title too? if all items match what I want to hide?
17:22 Shane-S I was messing with it more last night...freaking hate is so hard to use a mouse and keyboard
17:23 wizzyrea no, I don't think so
17:23 kf oh
17:23 jcamins kf: yes, I think so.
17:23 kf so why did it effect the numbering in the result list then?
17:23 wizzyrea anybody here use syndetics with koha?
17:24 kf jcamins vs. wizzyrea hmmm
17:24 jcamins Yeah, if there's at least one item, and all items are hidden, it hides the record.
17:24 jcamins That's why there was that horrible bug where ebooks didn't show up.
17:24 kf aah nice
17:24 wizzyrea do you have to "report out new ISBN's and send them in to syndetics"
17:24 wizzyrea well not anymore it doesn't do that
17:24 wizzyrea does it?
17:24 jcamins Right, now there's no bug, and it just works.
17:25 wizzyrea I thought you had to suppress the bib if there were no items. I dunno, I could be misunderstanding
17:25 wizzyrea it's entirely possible
17:25 jcamins If there are no items and you want it hidden, you have to suppress it.
17:25 jcamins If there are items, and all are hidden, you don't have to suppress it.
17:26 wizzyrea how impossibly confusing.
17:26 wizzyrea (for users)
17:26 jcamins Indeed.
17:26 jcamins For me, too!
17:27 wizzyrea I guess for iii you have to send in ISBN numbers to syndetics to get the info to appear in the catalog?
17:27 * wizzyrea never heard about that with koha
17:27 wizzyrea but then again I've never used syndetics either.
17:33 jcamins wizzyrea: yeah, that doesn't seem quite right, does it?
17:35 mveron_ joined #koha
17:38 mveron_ joined #koha
17:45 bag @wunder 93109
17:45 huginn bag: The current temperature in K6LCM-Westside/Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 15.5°C (9:43 AM PST on March 06, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 63%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.87 in 1011.4 hPa (Steady). Wind Advisory in effect until 4 am PST Wednesday...
17:47 Shane-S joined #koha
17:47 druthb @wunder 66046
17:47 huginn druthb: The current temperature in Jeff's Weather Lab, Lawrence, Kansas is 20.2°C (11:45 AM CST on March 06, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 20%. Dew Point: -3.0°C. Pressure: 29.82 in 1009.7 hPa (Steady). Wind Advisory in effect from 8 am this morning to 7 PM CST this evening...
17:47 kf @wunder Konstanz
17:47 huginn kf: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 4.4°C (6:44 PM CET on March 06, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 71%. Dew Point: -0.0°C. Windchill: 4.0°C. Pressure: 30.30 in 1026.0 hPa (Steady).
17:47 * druthb hands kf a blanket.
17:47 wizzyrea 20!
17:47 kf thx
17:48 wizzyrea that's so warm.
17:48 druthb warmer here than in sunny southern california, wizzyrea.
17:48 kf but I choose my jacket - going home now :)
17:48 jcamins @wunder 11375
17:48 * wizzyrea gloats
17:48 huginn jcamins: The current temperature in APRSWXNET Jackson Heights NY US, Corona, New York is 2.2°C (12:12 PM EST on March 06, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 30%. Dew Point: -13.0°C. Windchill: -1.0°C. Pressure: 30.60 in 1036.1 hPa.
17:48 wizzyrea brr
17:48 kf left #koha
17:48 druthb colder than a mother-in-law's kiss, in NY.  Brr.
17:52 wizzyrea 2 is pretty cold, but I dont really consider it cold until it's in the -5
17:52 wizzyrea range
17:53 jcamins Plenty cold enough for me, thanks.
17:54 oleonard @wunder 45701
17:54 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in Ohio University, Athens, Ohio is 9.0°C (12:50 PM EST on March 06, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 35%. Dew Point: -6.0°C. Windchill: 9.0°C. Pressure: 30.26 in 1024.6 hPa (Steady).
17:54 * oleonard looks forward to when wizzyrea's weather blows over here
17:54 druthb I haven't decided which is worse, living out on the prairie, where you can't escape the wind, or living in a city, where you can hide in the lee of a building, then get smacked the face when you go around a corner.
17:56 sophie_m left #koha
17:57 oleonard Surely there is better information to display on the acquisitions home page? Open baskets? Recently-used vendors? Something?
18:16 jcamins kohacon12
18:16 wahanui kohacon12 is[…]ategory:KohaCon12 or Conference Tue 5 June 2012 to Thu 7th, Hackfest Sat 9th June-Mon 11th June
18:20 cait joined #koha
18:23 jcamins_away @later tell slef What part of Edinburgh is KohaCon in?
18:23 huginn jcamins_away: The operation succeeded.
18:25 slef jcamins_away: central
18:27 fredericd slef: thanks. It can help
18:28 NCARMichael joined #koha
18:30 slef jcamins_away: fredericd: could one of you reply to the list? I'll find the street address
18:31 slef I think it's Bristo Square Edinburgh EH8 9AJ
18:31 fredericd slef: just saying that kohacon12 will be located in Edinburg central?
18:32 cait hi slef :)
18:32 slef fredericd: pretty much. Anything else you think we should say?
18:33 slef hi cait
18:33 fredericd Any information about accomodation will be welcomed, I suppose...
18:35 fredericd Is it that:
18:37 slef fredericd: errrrrrrrrrrrm, blank page
18:37 slef I'll get a map
18:37 cait slef: near university?
18:38 slef
18:38 slef cait: yes
18:43 fredericd message sent to the list
18:44 slef fredericd: thanks
18:45 jcamins_away slef: ooh, I know Bristo Square.
18:45 jcamins_away slef: thanks.
18:46 jcamins_away Good location for visiting the departmental secretaries who took care of everything for me while I was on exchange. :)
18:46 jcamins_away Also close to the library.
18:47 * jcamins_away leaves to pick up the printing.
18:47 jcamins_away And go to a meeting.
18:47 jcamins_away Bye again.
18:50 slef jcamins_away: close to several libraries ;)
19:04 Shane-S grrr...I can't figure out how the book covers are generate...
19:05 Shane-S I need to make it so Google and Open Library do not use a "class", but instead an ID!
19:06 Shane-S they duplicate right now, as it seems somewhere JS is writing into the memory of the files via DOM
19:06 Shane-S I know what is happening...I just can't find what script is doing it...because it is so Object Oriented
19:06 * Shane-S walks away for a breather
19:08 jcamins_away cait: yes.
19:18 fredericd Shane-S: Have you take a look at google-jackets.js file?
19:22 Shane-S yes...I don't understand where it is specifing anything to CSS, but I know it relates to the class.. line 23 looks like it, but I tried "id" versu "class" and swapped the value in the with no luck
19:25 fredericd Shane-S: what do you want to do exactly?
19:26 oleonard fredericd: Bug 7594
19:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7594 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Google Cover CSS suggestions
19:26 wizzyrea huh, interesting
19:27 Shane-S fredericd: well I also found a related bug...
19:27 Shane-S haven't file it yet
19:27 jcamins_away Interesting.
19:28 jcamins_away wizzyrea: it doesn't have APL, though, so I don't think I can use it. :P
19:28 Shane-S because the "class" is the ISBN, enabaling Google and OpenLibrary you get duplicated results, 2 images in each div because the class is the smae number
19:29 fredericd for the record, I've added google jacket support into Koha a while back, so I may help...
19:29 oleonard Shane-S: The class on the surrounding <div> is set by
19:29 oleonard Shane-S: Starting at line 542
19:29 fredericd the styling is done in the callback method
19:29 Shane-S but if you change that div class it breaks the images
19:30 oleonard Change how? You can add a class.
19:30 wahanui oleonard: that doesn't look right
19:30 wahanui joined #koha
19:30 * oleonard consoles wahanui
19:30 Shane-S one second helping someone
19:31 fredericd you have now '<div style=', you could have: <div class=
19:31 jcamins_away wahanui: change your behavior so you don't crash when someone says something like this.
19:31 wahanui jcamins_away: that doesn't look right
19:31 wahanui joined #koha
19:32 oleonard Stop, you're hurting his brain jcamins_away!
19:32 * oleonard whispers to jcamins_away: We need to keep that bug intact in case wahanui becomes sentient and threatens to kill all humans
19:32 jcamins_away oleonard: heh.
19:32 fredericd jcamins_away: How would catalog a serial issue as a monograph in MARC21. Where would you store volume/issue number info?
19:33 jcamins_away fredericd: a serial *issue*?
19:33 * jcamins_away doesn't like doing that. But, since you ask, I'd go with a 773.
19:34 cait hmm
19:34 jcamins_away 773$g, to be precise.
19:34 cait yeah, like analytics?
19:34 jcamins_away Right. Personally, I prefer serial+article records.
19:34 cait jcamins_away: you could also treat it as a volume perhaps
19:34 jcamins_away cait: yeah, that would be a good option.
19:34 fredericd it's a not an article, it's the whole issue
19:34 jcamins_away Maybe better.
19:35 cait fredericd: is it the only isseu the library has?
19:35 jcamins_away fredericd: right, I'm saying that I don't like cataloging whole issues with serial records, I'd rather use volume and monographic series records.
19:35 jcamins_away fredericd: however, the direct answer to your question is, 773.
19:35 cait fredericd: what we would do here is have a record for the serial, and a record for the issue and link both to each other using a set/volume relationship
19:35 oleonard <div style="block"> doesn't make any sense.
19:35 fredericd I refer to something like that:[…]ls.htm#acceptable
19:36 fredericd cait: yes but here this is for converting data, and I can't produce correct biblio records
19:37 jcamins_away fredericd: oh, there's why.
19:37 jcamins_away fredericd: they're treating it as a monographic series.
19:37 jcamins_away So the volume information goes in 490$v.
19:37 cait yep
19:37 cait not 440 - don't use that
19:37 cait jcamins_away: indicator?
19:37 jcamins_away cait: ehhhh...
19:37 jcamins_away Sure.
19:37 cait jcamins_away: I think setting the first to indicate it's a traced series perhaps? but always forget
19:38 Shane-S okay so here is the issue with <div class... in the .tt file they both use the standarized ISBN, thus they both pull the same styling, which from what I can tell is the image
19:38 jcamins_away Ind1=1, and add an 830 with the $a only.
19:38 cait yep, that sounds like ours look like :)
19:38 Shane-S so, when I view my page, I get 2 google images, and 2 openlibrary images, because the 2 generated <div's> have the same exact class
19:39 jcamins_away Well, you could include the $v in the 830.
19:39 Shane-S so somewhere, that needs to be changed to ID, and make them each unique, say id=isbn+g and id=isbn+o
19:40 oleonard Shane-S: Why not add a class in the template where I showed you?
19:40 fredericd cait: could you show me such a MARC21 somewhere?
19:41 cait hmm
19:41 fredericd So this is not valid: 245 10 $a Shisō. $n Num. 1023, 2009.7.
19:41 cait it's basically a traced series
19:41 cait let me find one for you
19:41 jcamins_away fredericd: no that's not.
19:41 Shane-S oleonard: I am trying to fix it anyone using google and openlibrary for covers, when used together you get 2 divs, with 2 images in them
19:41 fredericd Those records are converted from UNIMAR, that's why it's pretty complex
19:42 Shane-S oleonard: Adding a class doesn't fix it, its a work arounf
19:42 Shane-S around*
19:42 oleonard Then I guess I don't understand what you're trying to do
19:42 Shane-S I'll paste some code from the source...brb
19:43 Shane-S .. lines 6 and 7
19:43 fredericd Shane-S: You goal is to have google and openLibrary cover
19:43 fredericd covers together?
19:44 Shane-S fredericd: not so much, but they shouldn't break each other, they use the same class modification apparently
19:44 oleonard Can you explain what you mean by that?
19:44 oleonard How do they break each other?
19:45 jcamins_away Shane-S: are you sure this isn't due to Firefox not being able to handle tags with no content?
19:45 Shane-S think IE or Safari will?
19:46 jcamins_away Shane-S: no idea. But it's worth a try. Because if the fix is to add &nbsp;, that's a lot easier than rewriting the entire thing.
19:46 oleonard Shane-S: How do they break each other?
19:47 wizzyrea you know that cover images don't cascade, at the moment right?
19:47 Shane-S here got to (should be the opac) search for Seuss
19:47 wizzyrea you can't turn on all of the free sources of cover art and only get one cover image.
19:47 Shane-S wizzyrea: I know that :P
19:48 oleonard Shane-S: She's asking because we don't understand what the problem is yet
19:48 jcamins_away Okay, that's weird.
19:48 Shane-S I had them all float:left at a point, but the openbiblio and google are duplicating and all that is the same is the <div class=""
19:48 jcamins_away I can't look now, since I'm just about to leave for a meeting, but I don't think it does that on my install.
19:49 Shane-S let me clear my CSS on p1.div
19:49 * wizzyrea still doesn't get it
19:49 fredericd cait: thanks. And thanks jcamins_away. But it's not exactly what I have. I have biblio record, one for each serial issue, but in the title field I have the serial title, and volume, but not a specific title for the issue
19:49 wizzyrea why are they all on in the first place?
19:49 jcamins_away wizzyrea: I'm seeing 7 images for each record.
19:49 wizzyrea right, because they don't cascade
19:49 wizzyrea they are additive.
19:49 jcamins_away On Shane-S's installation, not on mine.
19:50 cait fredericd: hmm
19:50 jcamins_away wizzyrea: but there are only two sources!
19:50 cait @marc 245 $n
19:50 huginn cait: unknown field/subfield combination (245/$n)
19:50 Shane-S I have them all on
19:50 cait @marc 245 n
19:50 wizzyrea it looks to me like he's got amazon, google, openlibrary
19:50 huginn cait: Number of part/section of a work  (Repeatable)
19:50 oleonard Looks like if you enable multiple sources they compound each other somehow
19:50 cait fredericd: I think I have seen that too - but jcamins knows marc21 better
19:51 cait fredericd: let me check if I can find one for you
19:51 jcamins_away wizzyrea: oh, three. But still, there should be three images showing up, not seven.
19:51 wizzyrea but that's not really a supported configuration?
19:51 jcamins_away wizzyrea: well, it should show all the images at once, no?
19:51 Shane-S yeah, because I believe it applies to the class (only thing carrying through)
19:51 wizzyrea but, principle of least surprise, I guess it shouldn't do that
19:51 jcamins_away fredericd: that's really not correct in this case.
19:51 jcamins_away Those are issues not parts.
19:52 jcamins_away wizzyrea: I have displayed images from multiple sources before intentionall, and it was never a problem.
19:52 fredericd jcamins_away: that's what I think also. I think that I have invalid UNIMARC biblios, and no way to convert them to proper MARC21 records
19:52 jcamins_away *intentionally
19:52 jcamins_away fredericd: I would agree.
19:52 wizzyrea must have to do with openbiblio
19:52 wizzyrea since that's the newest.
19:52 cait jcamins_away: hm but what can he do?
19:53 wizzyrea openbiblio + google
19:53 cait jcamins_away: if they don't have individual titless?
19:53 Shane-S so that is why I wanted to swap from class to ID, as each book has a unique ISBN, and appending a letter like "g" and "o" makes it unique 100% and thus should be an id
19:53 wizzyrea assuming a unique isbn is a little dangerous
19:53 jcamins_away cait: really they just need to be collapsed into a single serial record. :(
19:53 Shane-S openbiblo and the google .js looked nearly identical when I checked them
19:53 jcamins_away wizzyrea: bahahahaha!
19:53 Shane-S in the way they handle the images
19:54 Shane-S wizzyrea: unique to that book opac result, if its duplicated in the system the image script won't work correctly anyway
19:54 wizzyrea assuming a unique isbn is a little dangerous
19:54 wahanui i already had it that way, wizzyrea.
19:55 oleonard Shane-S: Your goal is to be able to display covers from multiple sources at once?
19:55 fredericd Shane-S: google and openlibrary covers are conflicting
19:55 fredericd you can't have both together
19:55 Shane-S oleonard: Yes, I would like to have 2-3, as some books have varied covers
19:56 jcamins_away Ah, there's the problem. I didn't try it with Openlibrary.
19:56 wizzyrea lol, didn't I say that?
19:56 jcamins_away wizzyrea: yes you did.
19:56 wizzyrea ^.^
19:56 jcamins_away wizzyrea: but now we know specifically the problem is OL+Google.
19:57 * wizzyrea looks around
19:57 jcamins_away That should be noted in a syspref.
19:57 jcamins_away wizzyrea: did you say it was about OL+Google?
19:57 wizzyrea >.>
19:57 wizzyrea <.,
19:57 wizzyrea <.<
19:57 jcamins_away I was assuming it was a bug in OL until fredericd told us just now that this is apparently by design.
19:57 wizzyrea ^.^ see 1:51
19:57 Shane-S let me tunr off OL and see if I can break it more :P
19:58 wizzyrea I would pick, either OL or Google
19:58 jcamins_away wizzyrea: ah, I didn't see that.
19:58 wizzyrea it's ok :)
19:58 Shane-S Why not?
19:58 jcamins_away So everyone else knew five minutes before I did.
19:58 wizzyrea naw
19:58 oleonard Turning off Open Library will make it work
19:58 jcamins_away Shane-S: because I was thinking about analytics. :P
19:58 * jcamins_away leaves for a meeting.
19:59 druthb <.<
19:59 oleonard Shane-S: Be sure to test it with Novelist, LibraryThing, Syndetics, Babelthèque, and Baker and Taylor enabled too
19:59 druthb >.>
19:59 * wizzyrea appreciates that jcamins thinks about analytics
19:59 Shane-S fredericd: why can't I have them both? It appears they use similar code, can we track down the population, both use the "div" code, others don't seem to.
20:00 Shane-S I think switching them to an ID that is unique would fix it, but since the code is entered via JS, I have no idea where to is done
20:00 wizzyrea it may be in the reply from OpenLibrary or Google
20:00 wizzyrea it may not even be in our code.
20:01 * wizzyrea doesn't know
20:01 Shane-S hmmm....
20:01 Shane-S what about the "name" field
20:01 fredericd I think it's in koha code...
20:02 Shane-S I wonder...*goes to try something*
20:02 fredericd If you have activated both cover sources, you have two lines like that:
20:02 wizzyrea fredericd: you would know better than me ;)
20:02 fredericd <div style="block" title="3291" class="0688802311" id="gbs-thumbnail2"></div>
20:02 fredericd <div style="block" title="3291" class="0688802311" id="openlibrary-thumbnail2"></div>
20:02 fredericd Then google and openlibrary JavaScript, identify the div by its class name. That's where there is a conflict.
20:02 fredericd It could be solved by prefixing the class name.
20:03 fredericd and then google/openlibrary JS search its specific div
20:04 wizzyrea look at line 22 in openlibrary.js
20:05 wizzyrea as likely of a suspect as any
20:05 jwagner joined #koha
20:05 fredericd you don't need to modify the .js files, just modify
20:05 Shane-S 23...but I tried "title" instead of "class" but it didn't work
20:05 druthb left #koha
20:06 Shane-S how would it get the ISBN if we prepend the ISBN?
20:06 wizzyrea oh oh I seeit fredericd
20:06 Shane-S I just don't understand the JS is my issue
20:07 fredericd You have a line containing: class="[% SEARCH_RESULT.normalized_isbn %]"
20:07 Shane-S so I added "o" to the class="" line for the open biblio and it broke both
20:08 fredericd Modify it to: class="gbs[% SEARCH_RESULT.normalized_isbn %]"
20:08 fredericd you also have to modify JS
20:08 Shane-S fredericd: the JS is my issue...what line specifies the class name?
20:09 oleonard Shane-S: It happens in
20:09 oleonard class="[% SEARCH_RESULT.normalized_isbn %]
20:10 kathryn joined #koha
20:10 Shane-S oleonard: I understand, but class="gbs[...]" <> normalized ISBN anymore
20:10 rangi morning
20:10 wizzyrea mornin
20:10 Shane-S so I have to make the JS strip it, but I don't understand what part of the JS is getting that
20:11 cait morning :)
20:12 fredericd Shane-S: just a second, I'm lookg at the js code...
20:12 fredericd You have that in google js:
20:13 fredericd bibkeys.push($(this).attr("class"))
20:13 fredericd that the isbn array sent to google
20:13 fredericd replace with:
20:13 fredericd var isbn = $(this).attr("class");
20:13 fredericd isbn = isbn.substring(3);
20:13 fredericd bibkeys.push(isbn);
20:14 fredericd it should work
20:14 Shane-S okay I will try that
20:14 fredericd and you have to do it for openlibrary js also
20:16 Shane-S what if I don't change the OL class?
20:16 Shane-S they don't overlap if one is the same, obviously I will for future proofing
20:16 Shane-S but for testing
20:16 oleonard Either way I get no covers
20:17 Shane-S works for me
20:19 wizzyrea me either
20:19 Shane-S well I have no duplication....but the OL images don't like my div changes
20:19 Shane-S I just put my CSS in and it broke it
20:23 Shane-S nope you are both right...
20:23 Shane-S so it broke google, but the OL is pulling google & OL because I didn't change the CSS class
20:24 oleonard Shane-S: Try changing line 48 of google-jackets.js: $("div [id^=gbs-thumbnail]."+book​.bib_key).each(function() {
20:25 oleonard ...and line 45 of openlibrary.js: $("div [id^=openlibrary-thumbnail​]."+isbn).each(function() {
20:25 oleonard The problem is that in the callback the script is looping over *all* elements with that class, not just (google or open library) divs
20:26 oleonard But we could make the search specific rather than changing the class
20:27 Shane-S oleonard: umm..line 48 for me is a } in google-jackets.js
20:27 oleonard Have you modified it?
20:28 Shane-S yeah...lets see...I added 3 that puts me at var a = document.createElement("a");
20:29 oleonard I see what fredericd was recommending now, and why it didn't work for me.
20:30 oleonard uh... maybe.
20:31 Shane-S oleonard: the lines you told me to edit, was what you entered the line? because those are 22 and in both files for me
20:31 Topic for #koha is now 3.6.4 and 3.4.8 and 3.2.11 Now Available || Koha Community Website - || Koha Community Official IRC Channel || Paste -
20:31 * wizzyrea has not-broken google jackets now
20:31 wizzyrea and open library jackets
20:32 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Modified openlibrary.js" (70 lines) at
20:32 Shane-S what did you do wizz?
20:32 wizzyrea
20:32 wizzyrea just what owen suggested
20:32 oleonard Whoops, sorry, wrong paste
20:34 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Modified openlibrary.js" (70 lines) at
20:35 pastebot "Shane-S" at pasted "This right for GBS?" (8 lines) at
20:35 oleonard Not in my version Shane-S
20:36 oleonard My version doesn't touch that section
20:36 wizzyrea mine looks like oleonard's
20:40 Shane-S did you have to change the class?
20:40 Shane-S in the template/
20:40 oleonard No. No changes to the template.
20:41 wizzyrea oleonard is a magician like that
20:41 wizzyrea oleonard++
20:42 Shane-S what did you do to the google one?
20:43 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Modified google-jackets.js" (75 lines) at
20:43 pastebot "Shane-S" at pasted "my google-jackets.js" (75 lines) at
20:43 wizzyrea you just told it to only look at it's id instead of all of them?
20:43 wizzyrea its*
20:43 Shane-S i see left bibkey
20:45 Shane-S damn...I'll just copy yours...mine is broken
20:45 wizzyrea using git?
20:46 wizzyrea git checkout google-jackets.js
20:46 wizzyrea would reset it
20:47 Shane-S doh I know why...css class :P
20:47 Shane-S not here no...only at home
20:48 Shane-S can we make them bigger ...serious....but kidding for today :P
20:51 Shane-S well thanks for the help, too bad I didn't "solve" that bug, thanks for oleonard being smart :P
20:51 Shane-S did you guys do the whole bug process or should I start it?
20:51 wizzyrea you go ahead. :)
20:55 Shane-S bug 7657 if you want to patch it oleonard
20:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7657 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Google and OpenLibrary image conflict
20:56 Shane-S in what now..2 weeks I have gone from I can't install I need to fix it :P
20:56 Shane-S if only i COULD fix it
21:00 Shane-S well I am off for the night, thanks all cya another day :)
21:04 rangi
21:05 oleonard I'm off too. Bye all
21:06 rangi cya oleonard
21:06 wizzyrea bye
21:11 JesseM joined #koha
21:18 mveron joined #koha
21:24 Johnindy joined #koha
21:25 JesseM left #koha
21:28 rangi[…]de#Southeast_Asia
21:28 rangi check out all the libraries in the philippines
21:28 wizzyrea whoa
21:29 cait wow
21:29 rangi thats only a fraction of them too
21:29 cait we shouldl reorganise the page a bit
21:30 rangi i think a page per continent might be good
21:30 rangi then break ti down into countries
21:30 cait only sad it's such an old version :(
21:30 maximep probably not one version number still valid
21:30 rangi ?
21:30 rangi oh sadly no they are all using 2.2.9
21:30 wizzyrea no, that's probably true
21:30 rangi but it works for them
21:30 maximep they really are ?
21:31 maximep :S
21:31 rangi yup
21:31 wizzyrea they really are
21:31 maximep maybe I should add our 22 installs
21:31 wizzyrea you should ;)
21:31 cait yep
21:31 rangi yes, you should :)
21:31 rangi maximep: are they on libwebcats?
21:32 maximep only 1 with 3.6 in that list ?
21:32 maximep probably not, because I have no idea what that is
21:32 rangi ah
21:32 rangi
21:32 rangi whats the name of one of your libraries?
21:33 rangi http://www.librarytechnology.o[…]  <-- one of ours
21:34 rangi 1567 libs with koha on libwebcats currently
21:34 maximep found http://www.librarytechnology.o[…]wc&RC=62034&Row=2
21:34 cait :)
21:34 rangi that link wont work
21:34 rangi cos of the SID
21:34 maximep wow
21:34 rangi there should be a permalink url on the page?
21:34 maximep how 198s ot have SIDs
21:34 maximep 1980s
21:34 rangi totally
21:34 rangi but
21:34 rangi most ILS still have them
21:34 rangi crazy
21:34 rangi but true
21:35 maximep http://www.librarytechnology.o[…]
21:35 rangi sweet
21:35 cait :)
21:35 rangi http://www.librarytechnology.o[…]a%20--%20Sys-Tech
21:35 rangi that work?
21:35 wahanui i guess that work is pretty complete now, i hope eythian and srdjan will get around to submitting a patch
21:36 rangi http://www.librarytechnology.o[…]
21:36 maximep ah, 9/22. Not bad
21:38 rangi  <--- wrt SIDs
21:39 maximep I remember having them in an old cms and someone sharing a link to my website
21:39 maximep and having 45 people connected to the same session
21:40 maximep one of our big craglist style website in qc still has them... so people get their account hacked all the time
21:41 hdl joined #koha
21:41 rangi yeah
21:41 rangi 'hacked'
21:41 rangi :)
21:44 hdl hi rangi
21:44 rangi heya hdl
21:44 rangi working late?
21:44 wizzyrea golly, no lie.
21:47 hdl rangi: yep
21:47 bag heya hdl
21:52 rangi hdl: have you heard of lara fabian?
21:52 rangi
21:53 maximep aaaaaaaaaaaaaah lara fabian
21:53 cait night all :)
21:53 cait left #koha
21:55 maximep brings back memories from 1997 -_-
21:55 maximep when I was 12, haha
21:55 rangi hehe
21:58 wizzyrea omg I feel old now.
21:58 * wizzyrea glares at maximep
22:00 maximep :P
22:03 francharb_afk joined #koha
22:03 maximep I feel old when I see people born in 1995
22:03 mveron joined #koha
22:03 maximep just feels weird :S
22:08 talljoy1 joined #koha
23:17 maximep left #koha
23:53 NateC joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary